PDA

View Full Version : The Palette (D18, 99 years leasehold, CDL)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Kenshinto80
24-02-12, 20:04
That's the problem. Many say want to loook see, look see only but when reach the showroom was mesmerised by the showroom decor, crowd and lastly the handsome or pretty agent sweet talk and forgortten all about the price:doh: Anyway nobody can be 100% sure price will drop significantly and when. The only question u have to ask urself can u wait. :D
Well said mate!

Eastboy
04-03-12, 12:38
Palette's 2BR sold out. Yay!

Beebot
10-03-12, 14:31
Hello. I've just bought a 2+1 unit for own stay at The Palette. Any future residents here? Would love to connect with you.:D

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 14:37
What is the floor area?
Hello. I've just bought a 2+1 unit for own stay at The Palette. Any future residents here? Would love to connect with you.:D

Beebot
10-03-12, 16:20
83 sqm. 11th floor. Block 113, facing the empty plot of land.

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 16:22
Not a bad size for a 2 bedder. Any bay windows or large balcony?
83 sqm. 11th floor. Block 113, facing the empty plot of land.

Beebot
10-03-12, 17:09
Not a bad size for a 2 bedder. Any bay windows or large balcony?

Did you buy a unit at The Palette?

Bay windows, yes, but no balcony; just a small extended 'ledge' in the living room, enough to put some potted plants or mats for meditation. I like the smart storage idea since 2+1 unit does not come with a utility room.

kale
10-03-12, 21:59

Welcome, I bog 2+1 at stack 47. Glad to hear from my new neighbours

Beebot
10-03-12, 22:54
Welcome, I bog 2+1 at stack 47. Glad to hear from my new neighbours

Anyone starting a facebook for The Palette? Or should we start one nearer the TOP date?

DC33_2008
11-03-12, 11:14
Did you buy a unit at The Palette?

Bay windows, yes, but no balcony; just a small extended 'ledge' in the living room, enough to put some potted plants or mats for meditation. I like the smart storage idea since 2+1 unit does not come with a utility room.
ThT coulx be a planter. Did not buy. Seems a good size & design. Congrats to both of u.

kale
11-03-12, 13:16
Anyone starting a facebook for The Palette? Or should we start one nearer the TOP date?

Sure, let me know if u starting one.... But I m not savvy on FB though i have set an a/c but hardly maintain it. Looking forward to more new neighbours to join us :cheers4:

shrek
11-03-12, 22:02
Hi, I have bought a 3+1 for own stay too. Stack 117.
Yes, do let us know if someone is starting a palette facebook page.

Looking forward to meeting our new neighbours.

kale
12-03-12, 11:31

Great to see more neighbours coming in! Let's keep it going!:cheers5:

kale
12-03-12, 11:36
Btw, anyone got any ideas on the purpose of the plot of land beside the CDL landplots and under the MRT track. Currently it is under construction.... going to be another PC, DBSS, EC or HDB??? Getting abit congested in this area soon :scared-3:

super1
12-03-12, 12:39
Btw, anyone got any ideas on the purpose of the plot of land beside the CDL landplots and under the MRT track. Currently it is under construction.... going to be another PC, DBSS, EC or HDB??? Getting abit congested in this area soon :scared-3:
Hi Kale,
It is for the BTO flats.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Costa+Ris+review%3A+Site+layout+and+best+units/

The small plot just opposite White Sands is for DBSS, which should be launching soon.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Pasir+Ris+DBSS+site+could+see+some+strong+bids/

Agree that it will get pretty crowded in a few years time.

Beebot
12-03-12, 16:11

Living in Singapore, any small plot of land will be utilized for residential purpose. Can't be helped. Back in Punggol where I live, all available plots of land have been used to build flats, flats and more flats. Even the small plot of land next to Edgefield Primary has been earmarked for a condo/EC.:scared-5:

devilplate
12-03-12, 16:28
Hi Kale,
It is for the BTO flats.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Costa+Ris+review%3A+Site+layout+and+best+units/

The small plot just opposite White Sands is for DBSS, which should be launching soon.
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Pasir+Ris+DBSS+site+could+see+some+strong+bids/

Agree that it will get pretty crowded in a few years time.
pasir ris is one of the least congested and low density district....there r many parks here and there

really congested ones will be like tpy, queenstown

Beebot
12-03-12, 17:34
pasir ris is one of the least congested and low density district....there r many parks here and there

really congested ones will be like tpy, queenstown

Agree. Tampines is even more congested. Very little 'green lungs'. I think Pasir Ris and Punggol have more green spaces. Punggol's overall landscape is visually more appealing.

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:56
102 sold at 906psf in feb.

sleeping lamb
29-03-12, 21:17

I was the last few to get a 2+S unit and yes I am also in stack 117 :rolleyes: My original choice was NV residences (I want to move in sooner) but all are subsale units and my agent told me that the palette is an improvised version of it. From the floorplan, I have to agree that the layout is better than NV as the study room is not between the shower rooms. I guess I've approved the reviews given by h88.com.sg.

It is incredibly spacious for a 83sqm unit and very practical for small families. Location is good too as it is very walkable to the train stn and central. I am currently staying in the jewel of the east, Tampines, and I will definitely miss all the amenities here. But at least I know I wun be getting any cluster phobia over there. Keep in touch folks :)

kale
29-03-12, 22:15
Welcome to the palette, lamb. One thing I like about this development is its proximity to Tampines mall with a 5min drive across the bridge.

I was the last few to get a 2+S unit and yes I am also in stack 117 :rolleyes: My original choice was NV residences (I want to move in sooner) but all are subsale units and my agent told me that the palette is an improvised version of it. From the floorplan, I have to agree that the layout is better than NV as the study room is not between the shower rooms. I guess I've approved the reviews given by h88.com.sg.

It is incredibly spacious for a 83sqm unit and very practical for small families. Location is good too as it is very walkable to the train stn and central. I am currently staying in the jewel of the east, Tampines, and I will definitely miss all the amenities here. But at least I know I wun be getting any cluster phobia over there. Keep in touch folks :)

sleeping lamb
30-03-12, 18:56
Hi Kale. This is such a frindly place isn't it. :) I just can't wait to move in now. Oh deer batt is gg to flat. Err... till then n pls have a lucky weekend ahead.

price
30-03-12, 23:29
Suddenly these D18 threads are back alive again! :eek: :eek:

Eastboy
31-03-12, 10:32
i can't wait to rent my unit out! LOL. but yeah it's nice to be near to Pasir Ris Park, Downtown East, Tampines....

I'm at stack 113, 2BR. best facing. LOL. high five to those who bought palette.

devilplate
31-03-12, 11:29
i can't wait to rent my unit out! LOL. but yeah it's nice to be near to Pasir Ris Park, Downtown East, Tampines....

based on ur 1st sentence, i tot u bot ripplebay.....lol

Ricade
31-03-12, 12:42
Suddenly these D18 threads are back alive again! :eek: :eek:

The trend these few days is toward OCR projects.. If u notice in forum also OCR threads have more ppl viewing than CCR now..

Maybe people are becoming more cautious in terms of buying power

eminor82
31-03-12, 13:10

is palette cheaper or ripplebay cheaper? based on the vvip prices

sleeping lamb
31-03-12, 14:41
is palette cheaper or ripplebay cheaper? based on the vvip prices

Shld be around the same range I guess :confused: hovering around 850psf. I got mine at 909psf (u know) but its still worth it. Personally, i will go for the location more than having a seaview - thats just me. :2cents:

Beebot
02-04-12, 02:02
The trend these few days is toward OCR projects.. If u notice in forum also OCR threads have more ppl viewing than CCR now..

Maybe people are becoming more cautious in terms of buying power

What is OCR and CCR?

iwantgizmos
02-04-12, 10:50
What is OCR and CCR?
OCR >>> http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ocr.pdf
CCR >>> http://spring.ura.gov.sg/lad/ore/login/map_ccr.pdf

Eastboy
03-04-12, 18:23
another foreign school in Pasir Ris~ woot!

"The largest site on offer this time round is at Pasir Ris Drive 3 with an estimated land area of 5 hectares."

Govt offers 4 land parcels for use as foreign schools (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1192848/1/.html)

cornycow
03-04-12, 19:26
nice!

i wonder which part of pasir ris drive 3 is this??

either near elias or near seastrand/ripple bay that area?

Eastboy
03-04-12, 20:34
i suspect it's nearer to elias cos ripple bay area is already so crowded, plus the fact that that area is becoming more expensive!

i think pasir ris will become a very happening area once all the condos TOP in a few years time! the draw of pasir ris is that it's not as 'urban' as tampines, not as 'young' as Punggol, yet it has its nature, parks and sand. hence pasir ris will be a place to watch, especially recent data have shown that pasir ris HDB households have the highest social-economic status.

hopefully somebody tear down that useless Whitesands Mall and build a nicer mall. LOL.

nice!

i wonder which part of pasir ris drive 3 is this??

either near elias or near seastrand/ripple bay that area?

price
03-04-12, 21:26
i suspect it's nearer to elias cos ripple bay area is already so crowded, plus the fact that that area is becoming more expensive!

i think pasir ris will become a very happening area once all the condos TOP in a few years time! the draw of pasir ris is that it's not as 'urban' as tampines, not as 'young' as Punggol, yet it has its nature, parks and sand. hence pasir ris will be a place to watch, especially recent data have shown that pasir ris HDB households have the highest social-economic status.

hopefully somebody tear down that useless Whitesands Mall and build a nicer mall. LOL.

They should do something about the prawn fishing pawn and turn it into something more interesting. Build a new mall or mixed development over it.

rockinsg
03-04-12, 21:33
another foreign school in Pasir Ris~ woot!

"The largest site on offer this time round is at Pasir Ris Drive 3 with an estimated land area of 5 hectares."

Govt offers 4 land parcels for use as foreign schools (http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1192848/1/.html)

Eweee..it says global India school interested..
palette gonna get new color like melville?:banghead:

Eastboy
03-04-12, 21:34
Eweee..it says global India school interested..
palette gonna get new color like melville?:banghead:

let's not be racist can....

rockinsg
03-04-12, 21:38
let's not be racist can....
Not being racist..just don't like Melville's color :scared-1:

price
03-04-12, 21:44
India schools are great! :D :cheers5:

latour
04-04-12, 15:21
Parties expressing interest for the lands are either Indian or Chinese international schools, Pasir Ris piece likely to interest them. Tat's oso shows that the area will be supported by FTs for the next 30 years, so look on the bright side, its good. North side of the whole Pasir Ris Dr 3 has a few piece of land marked 'subject to detail planning' could be these places. Any guess where will it be?

sleeping lamb
04-04-12, 19:34
Not being racist..just don't like Melville's color :scared-1:
The facade looks horrible I must agree. Visited a friend there recently and the interior is equally terrifying. My fren shared that it was previously penetrated by Koreans and the Indian FTs came in after that. Disclaimer: this is strictly my personal thot on the pink buildings

Eastboy
10-04-12, 18:34
palette all the 2BR and 2+1 fully sold i read? wonder who will buy the 3 and 4 BRs? and i also feel that the 1BR a bit weird..they should have built more 2BRs since it is OCR.

solsys
10-04-12, 19:13
From tanjong rhu to Changi and pasir ris, Indian enclaves flourish. IT talents!

Eastboy
14-04-12, 14:37
palette 70% sold...yay...

babyworm
16-04-12, 12:19
At least this one is really 70% of project sold.
70% of 892 units = > 625 units sold?

sleeping lamb
19-04-12, 23:26
At least this one is really 70% of project sold.
70% of 892 units = > 625 units sold?

This shld help :)
http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitSearch.do

Eastboy
06-05-12, 10:36
with Livia, NV Residences and the Palette in Pasir Ris Grove now, when do you think CDL will launch the 2 last plot of land in Pasir Ris Grove?

given that 2015 will have so many more residents moving into Pasir Ris, will it still be a 'sleepy town'?

can CDL build an integrated mall at Pasir Ris Grove? the residents need to shop!!! hehehe

P.S If you want sea view, go for Ripple Bay (sold out unfortunately) or wait for Sea Esta. If no sea view, forget about the JLB developments and buy Pasir Ris Grove as it's so much more convenient. Either sea view OR MRT. Don't be lured of living next to the beach yet there's no view and it's not near to anything else. my 2 cents. all the best people! :D

price
06-05-12, 12:02
with Livia, NV Residences and the Palette in Pasir Ris Grove now, when do you think CDL will launch the 2 last plot of land in Pasir Ris Grove?

given that 2015 will have so many more residents moving into Pasir Ris, will it still be a 'sleepy town'?

can CDL build an integrated mall at Pasir Ris Grove? the residents need to shop!!! hehehe

P.S If you want sea view, go for Ripple Bay (sold out unfortunately) or wait for Sea Esta. If no sea view, forget about the JLB developments and buy Pasir Ris Grove as it's so much more convenient. Either sea view OR MRT. Don't be lured of living next to the beach yet there's no view and it's not near to anything else. my 2 cents. all the best people! :D

Bro, i agree with ur points about without seaview, JLB is not attractive at all! But do remember (correct me if i'm wrong) the 2 coming up sites by hong leong are 999 years selling as 99 years. It doesnt really matter as long as buyers are comfortable with the price and for own stay.

BigBoy
06-05-12, 12:36
Hi all, any idea when construction will begin?

Eastboy
06-05-12, 23:00
Hi all, any idea when construction will begin?

think they will only start after NV residences is completed.

LinLin
07-05-12, 20:10
think they will only start after NV residences is completed.

Im new here. Glad to hv found this forum for "Palette".

Im at stack 60. Pls let me know when facebook is activated. :-)

Eastboy
07-05-12, 22:30
Im new here. Glad to hv found this forum for "Palette".

Im at stack 60. Pls let me know when facebook is activated. :-)

yeah can someone start the Facebook page pls...im too busy.:banghead:

M_Q
08-05-12, 23:45
Hello!

My first post and my first property.. lots to learn here. I'm at stack 42, chose the chic finishing..

Found a facebook page.. someone already created this?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Palette-Pasir-Ris-Grove/278349998853782?sk=info

kale
09-05-12, 08:29
Hi, i'm at stack 47. Also chose the chic or cool theme cos prefer the lighter color kitchen cab and bedroom flooring, though they are laminates.

Hello!

My first post and my first property.. lots to learn here. I'm at stack 42, chose the chic finishing..

Found a facebook page.. someone already created this?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Palette-Pasir-Ris-Grove/278349998853782?sk=info

Eastboy
09-05-12, 19:35
and I'm at stack 36! woot~

Kw88
10-05-12, 09:00
My first post here and I'm at stack 51. Nice to join the Palette group ;)

sleeping lamb
10-05-12, 09:01
Talking abt numbers, my block no. came out first prize n got twice lucky when my unit no.(reverse order) won the starter prize recently. my mama said the palette sounds like the palace n pple who bought a unit there will be blessed with good fortune. more to come pls

sleeping lamb
10-05-12, 09:09
Talking abt numbers, my block no.. came out first prize n got twice lucky when my unit no.(reverse order) won the starter prize recently. my mama said the palette sounds like the palace n pple who bought a unit there will be blessed with good fortune. more to come pls my bossy who also bought a unit in the palace did not buy her new unit no. when it came out second prize just two weeks after her purchase.

Kw88
10-05-12, 09:48
Let's all huat together. Cheers:cheers4:

kale
10-05-12, 10:38
Happy for u and your good luck.... may it continue and spread to all who have bog the palace too :p

Btw, maybe we can talk about the reasons behind of buying into this developement....

me?
- price of $800-$900psf fall within my budget, most importantly :2cents:
- like the private enclosure for pasir ris grove, but will be congested when all projects hav TOP :doh:
- walking dist to pasir ris MRT (though far end of mrt line cos both my wife and myself working in the east, thus no issue ;) )
- easy access to amentities, hopefully with more amentities to come with the BTO building across the road (new hawker ctr coming to our way :D )
- like the serene surroundings of pasir ris together with the beach n park and peaceful feeling when back to new home :cool:
- 5min drive to tampines multiple malls for convenient shopping and movie :p

my bossy who also bought a unit in the palace did not buy her new unit no. when it came out second prize just two weeks after her purchase.

sleeping lamb
10-05-12, 23:17
Prolly most of you have heard of it...there are only 3 factors to decide when buying a home - location, location and location!!! Be it for own stay or investment, thats important.

I actually bought the palace after I read the reviews of this project on h88.com.sg. The 2+1 unit is as good as a compact 3 bedder in condo terms with the smart storage system in the study room - isnt that brilliant or what! Very good spacious layout and also comes with quality finishings and fittings. I'd say it was Love at first sight for my family. Kale had aptly pointed out the rest of the reasons why most of us bought it. With such a good location and only asking below the psychological level of $1000psf, I believe it will be hard to find similar projects in the market. :p

Pasir Ris is flourishing since Tampines has lesser and lesser space for new malls and whatnot. Pasir Ris has a resort feel and it is definitely more liveable than mature estates like Tampines/Bedok. It is just one stop away from Tampines anyway so not a problem at all.

Initially wanted to get a subsale 2+1 in NV but their study room cannot be converted into a bedroom and planted between two toilets which I dun like :mad:

M_Q
11-05-12, 18:46
Talking abt numbers, my block no. came out first prize n got twice lucky when my unit no.(reverse order) won the starter prize recently. my mama said the palette sounds like the palace n pple who bought a unit there will be blessed with good fortune. more to come pls

wow.. congrats! Makes me motivated to go buy 4D now.. :D

I bought the place for its location and i chose that particular unit because i think it'll be nice and quiet.. However i'm not sure if i want to have this for investment or self stay yet.. still thinking..

sleeping lamb
11-05-12, 23:19
wow.. congrats! Makes me motivated to go buy 4D now.. :D

I bought the place for its location and i chose that particular unit because i think it'll be nice and quiet.. However i'm not sure if i want to have this for investment or self stay yet.. still thinking..

Thanks thanks :ashamed1: I am not exactly a 4-D person but a new home always induces me to bet. I am greedy so will continue to buy until TOP maybe.

You still have time to think about it. I suspect it should be ready by end 2014. Else u can stay there for a few months before subletting it :2cents:

LinLin
12-05-12, 09:02
Thanks thanks :ashamed1: I am not exactly a 4-D person but a new home always induces me to bet. I am greedy so will continue to buy until TOP maybe.

You still have time to think about it. I suspect it should be ready by end 2014. Else u can stay there for a few months before subletting it :2cents:

:ashamed1: Hi Palette residents, good luck and im happy to hv found this site and all of you. Keep in touch! :)

BigBoy
12-05-12, 14:03
Saw this in today's paper. lugi:banghead:

Kw88
12-05-12, 18:19
Wah lau !! I bought my unit three weeks ago. Can claim from CDL or not?:banghead:

carbuncle
12-05-12, 18:32
noo. earlier buyers would have had the benefit of choosing best units liao

M_Q
12-05-12, 18:54
Saw this in today's paper. lugi:banghead:

:doh: faint...

sleeping lamb
12-05-12, 22:02
Happy Mother's Day!!!

Eastboy
13-05-12, 09:25
Aiya $5,000 only!

DC33_2008
13-05-12, 09:27
Wah lau !! I bought my unit three weeks ago. Can claim from CDL or not?:banghead:
This is what they meant by dropping in price. :hell-hath-no-fury:

BigBoy
13-05-12, 10:44
Also bought mine recently. Called my agent said not entitled. Told me not to worry as it was factored into the price increase. So I guess its 羊毛出在羊身上。

shrek
13-05-12, 22:55
Yes, the only comfort i had was, I managed to pick my choice units. Btw, anyone know what is the average psf now?

iwantgizmos
13-05-12, 22:58
Yes, the only comfort i had was, I managed to pick my choice units. Btw, anyone know what is the average psf now?
go here to check.
http://www.ura.gov.sg/propertyinfo/

Kw88
14-05-12, 10:26
Also bought mine recently. Called my agent said not entitled. Told me not to worry as it was factored into the price increase. So I guess its 羊毛出在羊身上。

Agreed :2cents:

sleeping lamb
15-05-12, 08:11
Read fr another thread that there will b some coffeeshops n mini market beside Costa ris for the bto residents. is this true? Can't find any info on this. not the new hawker centre at the park area.

sotidy
15-05-12, 09:31
Read fr another thread that there will b some coffeeshops n mini market beside Costa ris for the bto residents. is this true? Can't find any info on this. not the new hawker centre at the park area.

In short,yes. For more details, go hdb.gov.sg and check out the Costa Ris BTO information.

sleeping lamb
16-05-12, 22:34
In short,yes. For more details, go hdb.gov.sg and check out the Costa Ris BTO information.

Thanks! Got the confirmation straight from the horse's mouth. Happened to speak to a colleague who bought a unit in costa ris. This is really good news for all of us!

sotidy
17-05-12, 07:17
Thanks! Got the confirmation straight from the horse's mouth. Happened to speak to a colleague who bought a unit in costa ris. This is really good news for all of us!

It will still depend on the actual tenants. Wait for 2 more years and you shall be able to see exactly what's there. Sekali another Kopi-tiam type of foodcourt/coffeeshop with mass produce food...then it will be very sian. :D

sleeping lamb
17-05-12, 09:12
Better than nothing esp when u just want to grab a quick bite.

Blue
22-05-12, 00:01
I got 3+1 in stack 65.:)

Hello, fellow neighbour, i just bgt Stack 65 too! IMHO, best stack for 3+1 to be able to see all pools and entire resort landscape of the development aka bird eye view, cheers!

And nearer to the main entrance, ie nearer to mrt as well!

carbuncle
22-05-12, 08:14
Hello, fellow neighbour, i just bgt Stack 65 too! IMHO, best stack for 3+1 to be able to see all pools and entire resort landscape of the development aka bird eye view, cheers!

Bro blue seemed to have bought many ppty! Eligible bo? :D

For my online bachelor contest... In case someone kena misunderstand again hahahawakakakaka

super1
22-05-12, 12:03

Thanks. Congrats. I think you got the $5000 voucher or goodies from CDL? I bought stack 65 because of similar reasons.
- Near to entrance.
- Good view of entire resort landscape.
- It is slightly cheaper than the poolview units.

One con is that it is southwest facing. Hopefully there is not much West sun effect.

Blue
22-05-12, 12:26
Bro blue seemed to have bought many ppty! Eligible bo? :D

For my online bachelor contest... In case someone kena misunderstand again hahahawakakakaka

Wah bro, u seemed to be everywhere oso in this forum!

I think the price is very attractive for investment as compared to what was sold in nearby Watertown Punggol. :rolleyes:

Blue
22-05-12, 12:27
Thanks. Congrats. I think you got the $5000 voucher or goodies from CDL? I bought stack 65 because of similar reasons.
- Near to entrance.
- Good view of entire resort landscape.
- It is slightly cheaper than the poolview units.

One con is that it is southwest facing. Hopefully there is not much West sun effect.

Yup, got the $5K voucher...thinking hard of how to spend it all on Takashimaya...groceries supplies for 2 yrs? Anyone wants to buy from me at a slight discount? :p

I am not too worried about the slightly west facing. The entire hall will be much brighter. The thing about Pasir Ris is, it has clear blue skies and white clouds, very ideal for resort laid back lifestyle. It sits in the middle of the "valley" where the wind will defintely flow through!

sleeping lamb
22-05-12, 19:16
Welcome to the palace blue n super1. :) I thot it was some travel vouchers they were giving out?

Blue
22-05-12, 23:18
Welcome to the palace blue n super1. :) I thot it was some travel vouchers they were giving out?
They give either Taka / Best Denki / Chan Bro vouchers, and buyer hv to choose one of these. Taka most practical but $5k is a lot to buy for small items...valid for 1 yr...may just try to clear on ebay at a discount to get cash!

sleeping lamb
23-05-12, 22:35
You can start to give them out as birthday vouchers to your friends and maybe the few of us here...jk :ashamed1:

Blue
24-05-12, 17:05
This may not be new news but seems like there is potential upside to the property prices in D18:

Downtown East in Pasir Ris will undergo a major makeover in the next few years.

Revamping the recreational complex, which is about the size of 10 football fields, is estimated to cost a few hundred million dollars. When complete, there will be a new 400-room resort and a bigger water theme park. Also in the pipeline is the refurbishment of buildings that cater to meetings, incentive events, conferences and exhibitions.

The entire redevelopment project will be rolled out in phases over the next four to five years so that the complex remains open for business throughout the upgrade.

Mr Yeo Khee Leng, chief executive of NTUC Club, which manages Downtown East, said the facelift is part of the club's plans for rejuvenation as it celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.

Blue
25-05-12, 13:55
Hey folks, I know the site area is 461,315 sqft or 42,858sqm. Does anyone know the dimensions (length x width) of the total land size? If it's a square, it will approx be 207m x 207m but obvisouly it is not...maybe 286m x 150m?

This means jogging one round the entire premise is approx 828m. The size of 2 stadiums?

kale
26-05-12, 08:32
If really appro 800m around the compound, that is good for some leisure jogging in the nite.

If looking for more, can always jog to nearby paris ris park :cool:
If cycling, can cycle from pasir ris to punggol waterway via lor halus wetland

Healthy lifestyle is the way :cool:

Hey folks, I know the site area is 461,315 sqft or 42,858sqm. Does anyone know the dimensions (length x width) of the total land size? If it's a square, it will approx be 207m x 207m but obvisouly it is not...maybe 286m x 150m?

This means jogging one round the entire premise is approx 828m. The size of 2 stadiums?

sotidy
29-05-12, 08:49
Palette's construction is about to begin. The area has been fenced up. Foundation work should commence in June 2012. Estimate 30mth++ to completion. :D

TheOnlyGayInTheVillage
29-05-12, 10:01
This may not be new news but seems like there is potential upside to the property prices in D18:

Downtown East in Pasir Ris will undergo a major makeover in the next few years.

Revamping the recreational complex, which is about the size of 10 football fields, is estimated to cost a few hundred million dollars. When complete, there will be a new 400-room resort and a bigger water theme park. Also in the pipeline is the refurbishment of buildings that cater to meetings, incentive events, conferences and exhibitions.

The entire redevelopment project will be rolled out in phases over the next four to five years so that the complex remains open for business throughout the upgrade.

Mr Yeo Khee Leng, chief executive of NTUC Club, which manages Downtown East, said the facelift is part of the club's plans for rejuvenation as it celebrates its 25th anniversary this year.

Shucks. Regret never vest in Pasir Ris...>!!!

sleeping lamb
29-05-12, 14:29
Shucks. Regret never vest in Pasir Ris...>!!!

Where did you invested then? :confused:

Sotidy -- Thanks for the progress update! Got chance to TOP by end 2014 in that case :ashamed1:

Blue
30-05-12, 11:02
I do hope they take their time to build though cos of the 4 yrs SSD. :D

sleeping lamb
30-05-12, 22:44

I want it to be done up as soon as possible because I dun like my current house and I can sublet it to earn rental income earlier if I can move out of it in the shortest time

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 14:11
Any guess/update will CDL be launching Plot 4/5 now that Palette is now almost sold out?

Blue
31-05-12, 16:05
Hope they launch the last 2 plots as mixed development with a giant mall, then we all huat liao!

Btw, will the pasir ris grove road be connected to join pasir ris drive 8? Else, have to walk one big detour to get to the MRT station.

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 16:24
Hope they launch the last 2 plots as mixed development with a giant mall, then we all huat liao!

Btw, will the pasir ris grove road be connected to join pasir ris drive 8? Else, have to walk one big detour to get to the MRT station.

The 2 plots are for residential, not mix development so no chance. :)

Blue
31-05-12, 18:19
The 2 plots are for residential, not mix development so no chance. :)

U insider in CDL? :D

bakasa2002
31-05-12, 21:04
U insider in CDL? :D

CDL insider I am not ... hehehehe ... Palette is sitting on Plot 4, so should be Plot 3 & 5 left as per CDL website, they are for residential, not mix dev

http://www.cdl.com.sg/annualreport2011/mp2.html

Blue
31-05-12, 23:52
Received the S&P today, the site map showed that the pasir ris grove road is connected to Pasir Ris Drive 8! No need detour to reach mrt!

Eastboy
01-06-12, 16:28
CDL insider I am not ... hehehehe ... Palette is sitting on Plot 4, so should be Plot 3 & 5 left as per CDL website, they are for residential, not mix dev

what i understand is that developers can always appeal to change land use if there are GOOD reasons. like now pasir ris will prob experience population explosion in 2015, i think more malls and facilities are needed very badly!

Beebot
01-06-12, 17:14

What is SSD?

Beebot
01-06-12, 17:16

Does it mean that we have to bear with the noise from construction once the Palette TOP? That will be bad news.:doh:

iwantgizmos
01-06-12, 21:03
What is SSD?
Seller Stamp Duty
More details here: http://www.iras.gov.sg/irasHome/page04.aspx?id=10212

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 21:39
what i understand is that developers can always appeal to change land use if there are GOOD reasons. like now pasir ris will prob experience population explosion in 2015, i think more malls and facilities are needed very badly!

I am not sure if that is possible but I do agree PR need more malls than just White Sand and if you look at URA's Master Plan 2008 (up for review nx yr), there are already a few reserve sites beside the MRT, that is most probably where the new malls are likely to be located. :)

bakasa2002
01-06-12, 21:44
Does it mean that we have to bear with the noise from construction once the Palette TOP? That will be bad news.:doh:

It depends when CDL want to launch the next 2 plots, whether they think there is a demand.

When I visited NV showflat 1-2 yrs back, the sales talk by agent was that I shd commit early cos' CDL has a told of 5 plots in their land bank at the site, and that they got it from a tender quite some years before they decide to build Livia and each proj will just get more expensive, so if they do build during good times, Palette buyers will likely see their condo appreciate cos' the next proj more likely will be price at a higher psf? :)

NV2010
02-06-12, 21:25
===Changing face of PASIR RIS===

sleeping lamb
03-06-12, 21:14
Construction has started in The Palette :o

tijiwehe
05-06-12, 08:37
Hi to all my fellow Palace neighbours...

I've bought a unit at stack 45 back in Mar for home stay.

Btw, after signing all those documents at the lawyer firm, do u guys get to keep a copy? So far I only received the Agreement for S&P, Mortage-in-escrow and Deed of Assignment. But I remember signing more than a dozen of papers during my 2 appt (some which I don't even know what I'm signing on although the lawyer did try to explain to me). :doh:

super1
09-06-12, 14:00
Today Straits Times's Palette advertisement states "Your last chance to see the Sales Gallery before it closes."

shrek
10-06-12, 00:45
Today Straits Times's Palette advertisement states "Your last chance to see the Sales Gallery before it closes."

Anyone have photos of the show room?

NV2010
10-06-12, 12:18

CDL is planning to launch the next plot of land next to The Palette maybe end of the year.

yjcai
10-06-12, 12:35
CDL is planning to launch the next plot of land next to The Palette maybe end of the year.

nice~~~~~~~

NV2010
13-06-12, 09:39
If the property market still strong, next plot of land will be launched between 880 - 950 psf. it is certainly higher then The Palette. As it is also closed to MRT in terms of distance compare to NV (850 psf), Livia (680 psf), The Palette (900 psf).

Have feeling that CDL will launch next plot of land end of this year or early 2013.

sotidy
13-06-12, 11:36
First crane/machine has moved into the construction site this morning. Folks...start your countdown...T+30mth++

Eastboy
13-06-12, 22:51
First crane/machine has moved into the construction site this morning. Folks...start your countdown...T+30mth++

yay hopefully we will see more pic updates in time to come!

Beebot
15-06-12, 01:13
Just received a letter from CDL that there is a cash reward if we recommend a buyer. $1,888 if the buyer buys a 1-bedder and $2,888 if the buyer buys a 3-room unit or bigger. Buyer will also receive the same amount. Any takers?

sotidy
15-06-12, 13:01
yay hopefully we will see more pic updates in time to come!

All the tower cranes from NV have left. Now about 4 cranes (most likely for excavation/piling) at Palette's site. :D

tijiwehe
15-06-12, 13:07
All the tower cranes from NV have left. Now about 4 cranes (most likely for excavation/piling) at Palette's site. :D

Cool~

Thanks for the update :)

tijiwehe
18-06-12, 08:57
I went down to the showflat yesterday... was told they have sold the 700th unit! :)

Was also told the showflat will be closed next month (don't have the exact date).

sotidy
18-06-12, 23:33
I went down to the showflat yesterday... was told they have sold the 700th unit! :)

Was also told the showflat will be closed next month (don't have the exact date).

From URA website, 673 sold as of 31st May 2012...so another 27 unit as of today sounds pretty correct. Congrats

bakasa2002
18-06-12, 23:40
From URA website, 673 sold as of 31st May 2012...so another 27 unit as of today sounds pretty correct. Congrats

Another 192 to move .... Slow n steady, taking shape.

Blue
19-06-12, 14:56
If URA caveat is already 673 units as of 31 May 2012, I think more than 700 units sold to date cos mine booked a month back not even caveated yet.

sleeping lamb
19-06-12, 19:37
If URA caveat is already 673 units as of 31 May 2012, I think more than 700 units sold to date cos mine booked a month back not even caveated yet.
Yes - doing very well I must say. Able to move 700 units in 7 months (that is 100 units each month) is impressive :)

keanie
02-07-12, 00:35
To update the residents of Palette. Was at Palette two days ago to help a relative to finalize the purchase of a unit under CDL' s Customer Reward Program. Myself, has bought a unit in NV

Got info from the marketing agents that across Pasir Ris Dr 8, there are plan for a Market, Supermarket and a Eating house among the BTO Costa Ris blocks. The Eating House and Supermarket are centrally located among the blocks of CR and just below the MRT track. However, the market is towards the end of the blocks and near to TPE.

Definitely a great bonus to residents of Livia, NV and Palette as it will a much shorter walk than to PR Central for our daily needs. This will also enhanced the value of the condos. :cheers5:

Beebot
18-07-12, 12:59
Anyone happened to pass by Palette's site? How is the progress of the construction?

sleeping lamb
18-07-12, 19:18
Anyone happened to pass by Palette's site? How is the progress of the construction?
Somebody posted pics in nv thread. About to start construction...

GForce
18-07-12, 20:26

Do take note that Palette has many bay windows while other new projects do not have anymore. Just to highlight!

sotidy
19-07-12, 05:16
Somebody posted pics in nv thread. About to start construction...

A lot of action (soil digging etc) at Palette's site. Can see soil testing machines at the site next to Palette -> i.e. the next launch.

sleeping lamb
19-07-12, 22:51
Do take note that Palette has many bay windows while other new projects do not have anymore. Just to highlight! Bay window is good - can moderate the room temperature and it is functional too. What I like most about palette is their planter which does not eat into the living space.

bakasa2002
19-07-12, 23:40
Bay window is good - can moderate the room temperature and it is functional too. What I like most about palette is their planter which does not eat into the living space.

True the planter is better than balcony but I prefer units wo BW, cos paying for every sqf mah, why wanna let developer earn for free!

fiyo
20-07-12, 00:35
Just went to KPO in Pasir Ris area over the weekend and visited the Sea Esta showflat. Wow, there are really a lot of condos there. Don't know whether got rental market when most of them TOP. ??? :confused:

fiyo
20-07-12, 01:24
Btw, this development atill got sea view units?

Super
20-07-12, 11:17
Just went to KPO in Pasir Ris area over the weekend and visited the Sea Esta showflat. Wow, there are really a lot of condos there. Don't know whether got rental market when most of them TOP. ??? :confused:
There are 3 new private condos at Pasir Ris Link or Jalan Loyang Besar, namely Seastrand, Ripple Bay and Sea Esta. Watercolours is an EC.

The Pasir Ris Grove side has 5 new private condo, namely Livia, NV Residences, The Palette and 2 more plots (3 and 5) of lands for 2 more condos. There is also an EC near Pasir Ris Grove called Pasir Ris One.

I also have the same qn as you. Will there be rental market when all these condos TOP.

iwantgizmos
20-07-12, 14:26
There are 3 new private condos at Pasir Ris Link or Jalan Loyang Besar, namely Seastrand, Ripple Bay and Sea Esta. Watercolours is an EC.

The Pasir Ris Grove side has 5 new private condo, namely Livia, NV Residences, The Palette and 2 more plots (3 and 5) of lands for 2 more condos. There is also an EC near Pasir Ris Grove called Pasir Ris One.

I also have the same qn as you. Will there be rental market when all these condos TOP.
Pasir Ris One is DBSS lah bro...

http://www.pasirrisone.com/

keanie
20-07-12, 17:21

If rem correctly, two weeks ago, in ST reports, there are too many condo & EC development in NE & PR areas. IMO, NE, esp Punggol is a vast piece of vacant land and naturally many residential units will be built. Nevertheless, rental market will be softer. EC can only starts to rent after stay-in period of 5 years period. So, condo units will have the lead. Also reported, to stay competitor in the rental market, residential units near amentities with MRT are preferred.

With the latest news that ano 1000 ha of costal land will be added to existing 1350 ha for expansion of airport for the construction of runway 3, terminal 4, 5 and increase business activities in Changi Business Park areas including the 4th uni, Eastern areas will see a tremendous increase of rental potential.

keanie
20-07-12, 17:35
Do take note that Palette has many bay windows while other new projects do not have anymore. Just to highlight!

When was helping a relative to finalize the purchase of a unit in Palette, was told by the agent that when the 1st 3 condos were designed, BW is the norm at that time for most condo launched. Now, for new project, BW is no more the norm.
However, was told that most likely the next condo, after Palette will have BW too as the design is conceived some time back.

IMO, agreed that BW looks awkward and take up space. Though help to dissipate heat but placing of bed difficult. Prob, got to customise lor. Hope, CDL make some changes for the next launch. :doh: :doh:

Beebot
20-07-12, 17:49
When was helping a relative to finalize the purchase of a unit in Palette, was told by the agent that when the 1st 3 condos were designed, BW is the norm at that time for most condo launched. Now, for new project, BW is no more the norm.
However, was told that most likely the next condo, after Palette will have BW too as the design is conceived some time back.

IMO, agreed that BW looks awkward and take up space. Though help to dissipate heat but placing of bed difficult. Prob, got to customise lor. Hope, CDL make some changes for the next launch. :doh: :doh:

Why do developers of condo units like to put in bay windows whereas HDB flats do not? What's the rationale?

I think if planned properly, a good interior designer will be able to make full use of space including the bay windows. Has anyone make good use of bay windows? Can share?

Beebot
20-07-12, 17:53
Within the plot of land by CDL that build Livia, NV, The Palette and 2 more upcoming condos within the same plot of land, which condo among the 5 is the nearest to Pasir Ris MRT?

Regulators
20-07-12, 17:54
Developers charge buyers for that bay window space although they pay lesser or do not pay at all to develop that space in condos.
Why do developers of condo units like to put in bay windows whereas HDB flats do not? What's the rationale?

I think if planned properly, a good interior designer will be able to make full use of space including the bay windows. Has anyone make good use of bay windows? Can share?

sleeping lamb
20-07-12, 18:51
Within the plot of land by CDL that build Livia, NV, The Palette and 2 more upcoming condos within the same plot of land, which condo among the 5 is the nearest to Pasir Ris MRT?
I take this ez qn. The plot where the showflat is. But expect a higher psf as it is inching closer to central. Palette is already very ideal in terms of location. Back to bw, I think nv got more of that based on the floorplans.

Eastboy
20-07-12, 23:01
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1214513/1/.html

Beebot
20-07-12, 23:44
Developers charge buyers for that bay window space although they pay lesser or do not pay at all to develop that space in condos.

Thanks for the explanation though I'm still not quite sure it means.

bakasa2002
21-07-12, 00:09

Most likely BW will be taken out alrdy cos prev I think developer pay less tax or something along that line... Not developer shd be doing away w it since they pay full price for it...

tijiwehe
21-07-12, 00:42

Initially I have the idea of putting a mattress on the smart storage that level with the bay window but I came across this website stating that it's not a good idea :

http://www.hongye.com.sg/2012/03/hon...ndow-products/ (http://www.hongye.com.sg/2012/03/hong-ye-bay-window-products/)

Anyone like to share their experience using the bay window as part of the bed?

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6151/img2662r.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/img2662r.jpg/)

I have post this same question on a few forums but so far no one has reply.:(

iwantgizmos
21-07-12, 04:31
Thanks for the explanation though I'm still not quite sure it means.
It's all about $$$ last time...
Now ruling revised...

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm

Super
21-07-12, 04:39
Pasir Ris One is DBSS lah bro...

http://www.pasirrisone.com/

Thanks for the info. My mistake. :doh:

bakasa2002
21-07-12, 11:54
Initially I have the idea of putting a mattress on the smart storage that level with the bay window but I came across this website stating that it's not a good idea :

http://www.hongye.com.sg/2012/03/hon...ndow-products/ (http://www.hongye.com.sg/2012/03/hong-ye-bay-window-products/)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/6151/img2662r.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/100/img2662r.jpg/)

I have been to a friend's place at Livia and bed was on the BW with a storage of pull out drawers below extended by ID. Frankly IMO, it's not suitable for kids or elderly and for adults, the height is seriously weird. It's better to leave BW as they are and use it as a cosy corner. :)

ilgr
21-07-12, 13:53
I will put a huge ass 50inch tv, dvd player, cable box, speakers, DVD collection.. on the bay window. It's like a free table/shelf, but of cos view will be blocked. if there isnt much of a view to begin with, why not?

bakasa2002
21-07-12, 16:07
Bay window is good - can moderate the room temperature and it is functional too. What I like most about palette is their planter which does not eat into the living space.
Bro, I happen to chance upon this while reading up on BW, it seems the opposite of what you believe. Having BW does not moderate the temp, it kind of increases the temp in the house.

Quote - In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Source, Pt 4 - http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm

keanie
21-07-12, 18:24
Bro, I happen to chance upon this while reading up on BW, it seems the opposite of what you believe. Having BW does not moderate the temp, it kind of increases the temp in the house.

Quote - In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Source, Pt 4 - http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm

Very informative. Now, we know why developers provide BW and planters. On one hand, developers save $$ on exemption of GFA but buyers still has to pay, esp the huge BW, that only give headaches. :mad: :mad:

sleeping lamb
24-07-12, 19:37

Quote - In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay:cheers6: windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Source, Pt 4 - http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm Tks brother lamb. Bw is a distinct feature of most condos although some would prefer not to have it. Same logic for balconies vs planters. Fortunately the bw area at palette is still not extensive and there r many ways we can use the space. It is still useful so I m fine with it.

sleeping lamb
24-07-12, 19:37

Quote - In addition, the extensive use of bay windows will lead to higher heat transfer into buildings and increase the need for air-conditioning to cool the building. BCA has advised that many existing residential buildings with extensive bay:cheers6: windows are found to exceed the prescribed Residential Envelope Transmittance Value (RETV) of 25W/m2. The extensive provision of bay windows therefore runs counter to the objective of encouraging energy efficient building design and sustainability.

Source, Pt 4 - http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.htm Tks brother lamb. Bw is a distinct feature of most condos although some would prefer not to have it. Same logic for balconies vs planters. Fortunately the bw area at palette is still not extensive and there r many ways we can use the space. It is still useful so I m fine with it.

bakasa2002
24-07-12, 23:18
Tks brother lamb. Bw is a distinct feature of most condos although some would prefer not to have it. Same logic for balconies vs planters. Fortunately the bw area at palette is still not extensive and there r many ways we can use the space. It is still useful so I m fine with it.

Since when I'm bro lamb? Hehehe... Anyway, I do agree BW has good and bad but with the Psf so high these days, I rather be paying for those wo. The trend is that new proj that have their drawing plans approve recently will not have BW, but maybe larger balcony or 2 balconies.

I'm pretty sure the nx CDL plot beside Palette will also not have BW...

tijiwehe
25-07-12, 08:43
Since when I'm bro lamb? Hehehe... Anyway, I do agree BW has good and bad but with the Psf so high these days, I rather be paying for those wo. The trend is that new proj that have their drawing plans approve recently will not have BW, but maybe larger balcony or 2 balconies.

I'm pretty sure the nx CDL plot beside Palette will also not have BW...

New project "V on Shenton" has BW, balcony and planter... 3 in 1. :D

http://vshenton.sg/site.html

Beebot
25-07-12, 13:25
I opted for the bay window with storage at The Palette. Not sure if I make the right choice. Hope to get a good ID to help me maximize space at my unit. And with no storeroom, I will be forced to due clutter, not a bad idea actually.

Eastboy
25-07-12, 22:48
I opted for the bay window with storage at The Palette. Not sure if I make the right choice. Hope to get a good ID to help me maximize space at my unit. And with no storeroom, I will be forced to due clutter, not a bad idea actually.

me too....i chose that because no storeroom also....hmm, i think with good id can transform it into a lounge bed/sofa etc?

Beebot
26-07-12, 00:05
me too....i chose that because no storeroom also....hmm, i think with good id can transform it into a lounge bed/sofa etc?

Perhaps all who have bought a unit at The Palette can share ideas nearer TOP. :D

tijiwehe
26-07-12, 08:37

I was told by one of the agent that 90% of The Palette buyers chose storage flush with bay window level... that was when the sales hit the 700+ units. :)

bakasa2002
26-07-12, 10:36
I was told by one of the agent that 90% of The Palette buyers chose storage flush with bay window level... that was when the sales hit the 700+ units. :)

One think I realize about livia, nv and palette is that the storage will cause the floor below the unit to have a partially lower ceiling, is tis std for all units?

Beebot
26-07-12, 14:28
Yes, it's true; I remember the agent explaining it to me at the showflat. But no big issue lah. Just a small part protruding into the unit below.

SL1
26-07-12, 15:00
One think I realize about livia, nv and palette is that the storage will cause the floor below the unit to have a partially lower ceiling, is tis std for all units?

Maybe penthouses are not affected :cool1:

Eastboy
03-08-12, 23:49
Any updates?

sleeping lamb
06-08-12, 08:47
Any updates?
Nothing much in progress. As you had said, real work will start when nv is completed. [Something to share...] I heard that parc rosewood(700units) which was launched after the palette will top in Mar 2014. That's really fast...

wendytan
07-08-12, 16:14
I was told by one of the agent that 90% of The Palette buyers chose storage flush with bay window level:)

Can someone post a PICTURE of this ? Intrigue me alot ! Seriously i have never seen such a flush ! :ashamed1:

sleeping lamb
07-08-12, 19:20
I believe u can go to cdl's website which will link u to their current residential launches. All the pics of the project are there -- I recall seeing the pic of the smart storage system.

iwantgizmos
07-08-12, 22:44
I believe u can go to cdl's website which will link u to their current residential launches. All the pics of the project are there -- I recall seeing the pic of the smart storage system.
FYI.
http://www.cdl.com.sg/thepalette/smart_storage.html

kale
07-08-12, 22:45
Can someone post a PICTURE of this ? Intrigue me alot ! Seriously i have never seen such a flush ! :ashamed1:

Look at Sat ad on this development.

tijiwehe
08-08-12, 08:22
Here you go... 2 types of flush to select from :

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7641/88201280855am.jpg
Flush with bay window level.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/857/88201280915am.jpg
Flush with floor level.

NV2010
08-08-12, 08:43
If you choose the Flush with bay window level storage. I'm wondering whether the room can still take one single bed.

wendytan
08-08-12, 11:32
OOPS ! I thought you guys are talking about TOILET FLUSH ! :o

NV2010
08-08-12, 17:27
Happy National Day! Hope you enjoy this public holiday and weekend.

By next year this time your unit at The Palette will be taking shape. Remember this date ok!

By the way the upcoming project next to The Palette will be launching in a few months time, before end of this year, I believe. Look out for this project. Your unit will certainly appreciate.

LinLin
08-08-12, 20:35
Thank You NV2010. Same time next year, you would be staying at NV Residences too. Happy for you. ..... :-)

By next year this time your unit at The Palette will be taking shape. Remember this date ok!

By the way the upcoming project next to The Palette will be launching in a few months time, before end of this year, I believe. Look out for this project. Your unit will certainly appreciate.

sleeping lamb
08-08-12, 22:12

By the way the upcoming project next to The Palette will be launching in a few months time, before end of this year, I believe. Look out for this project. Your unit will certainly appreciate. so sweet. nv will also appreciate in value too. just curious- they r releasing the plot of land facing tpe or the one where the showflat is by end of this year?

Eastboy
09-08-12, 02:30

While I certainly hope that our properties will appreciate, the situation then is still anybody's guess. If we do enter into recession, perhaps the next launch would be very affordable, cheaper than palette. Prices may be 10-15% cheaper.

All the best!

NV2010
09-08-12, 10:52
Thank You NV2010. Same time next year, you would be staying at NV Residences too. Happy for you. ..... :-)

Thanks LinLin. I remembered when I visited Livia during the TOP sales. The project for NV's Blk 8x onwards beside Livia had already reached up to certain floor levels. During that time the showflat was open and the project was still on sales.

NV2010
09-08-12, 11:01
so sweet. nv will also appreciate in value too. just curious- they r releasing the plot of land facing tpe or the one where the showflat is by end of this year?

As mentioned earlier, the next plot is next to The Palette, abt 912 units. The showflat for The Palette will be closing soon as mentioned in the ads on newspaper. This is to prepare for the next launch. It may takes few months The same things happened when the NV closed for The Palette new launch. I was exciting and expecting to know the price and the sizes of the room compare to Livia and NV.

sleeping lamb
09-08-12, 22:37
As mentioned earlier, the next plot is next to The Palette, abt 912 units. The showflat for The Palette will be closing soon as mentioned in the ads on newspaper. This is to prepare for the next launch. It may takes few months The same things happened when the NV closed for The Palette new launch. I was exciting and expecting to know the price and the sizes of the room compare to Livia and NV.

Thanks dude :)

LinLin
10-08-12, 17:56
Thanks dude :)
http://www.cdl.com.sg/app/cdl/residential/future_launches.xml

Future launches at Pasir Ris Grove Rd - 912 units condominium (99 yrs).
Interesting!
(no other details available).

sleeping lamb
10-08-12, 20:47
The design n layout would most likely pattern after the palette trio. But excited still...curious how our "neighbour" will look like

4wheels
10-08-12, 21:20
http://www.cdl.com.sg/app/cdl/residential/future_launches.xml

Future launches at Pasir Ris Grove Rd - 912 units condominium (99 yrs).
Interesting!
(no other details available).

this is likely to be the land nearest to the MRT.

Relook at the MAP, maybe not!

sleeping lamb
11-08-12, 16:22
this is likely to be the land nearest to the MRT.

Relook at the MAP, maybe not!

Maybe not (what)? Sorry dun get you :confused:

wendytan
11-08-12, 22:39
The design n layout would most likely pattern after the palette trio. But excited still...curious how our "neighbour" will look like
The floor plan both NV RESIDENCES + THE PALETTE are very similar.

If there is the 3rd one coming next to the 2 above, i can easily guess it would be again almost the SAME FLOOR PLAN ! :banghead:

And pls take note

Pasir Ris Grove

Condominium
912 UNITS :doh:

99 years

VERY Crowed !

eng81157
13-08-12, 16:31
just got an sms stating that developer is still giving out special discount:
10% launch discount
4% vvip discount
3% stamp duty discount
2% bonus discount (for limited time)

sleeping lamb
13-08-12, 19:04
just got an sms stating that developer is still giving out special discount:
10% launch discount
4% vvip discount
3% stamp duty discount
2% bonus discount (for limited time)
They will do anything to move the remaning units without affecting their profit margin. Anyway, I don't really trust the developers and agents. They can say what they want to lure (entice a better word?) pple into buying their products.

NV2010
13-08-12, 19:52
They will do anything to move the remaning units without affecting their profit margin. Anyway, I don't really trust the developers and agents. They can say what they want to lure (entice a better word?) pple into buying their products.

Euro and us economies are still unstable, anytime they may strike. Ghost month starts this week Friday, a long weekend on Hari Raya, people taking this long break for holiday and beginning of Sept will be a school holiday, Between mid Aug to end Sept will be a slow sales. Cooling measures may come anytime from now. It seems that the 2nd half a bit queiter, I believe there may have only few new launches. Most developers are trying to clear their stocks towards the end of this year before the nightmare happened.

NV2010
14-08-12, 17:13
Double confirmed. The upcoming development at Pasir Ris Grove (4th land parcel), slated for launch by year end or early 2013 will yield approximately 912 units, comprising 12 blocks of 11 to 13-storeys.

It is interesting to know that will the upcoming project still build bay windows, planter, etc. The theme for this project? prices? etc.

sleeping lamb
14-08-12, 19:12
Double confirmed. The upcoming development at Pasir Ris Grove (4th land parcel), slated for launch by year end or early 2013 will yield approximately 912 units, comprising 12 blocks of 11 to 13-storeys.

It is interesting to know that will the upcoming project still build bay windows, planter, etc. The theme for this project? prices? etc. maybe slight variations of the units layout and range of amenities coming from the same developer. most mass market projects looks the same to me. the selling point is the superior location (within touching distance from mrt and central) and prices should be logically higher than the palette. I m actually more curious about the name of this project - will it be weirder than the palette heh.

bargain hunter
15-08-12, 16:07
31 more sold at 899psf median. final 147 units left.

tijiwehe
15-08-12, 16:20
31 more sold at 899psf median. final 147 units left.
I was at the showflat last Saturday... was told left 135 units.

Your info is from URA website?

bargain hunter
15-08-12, 16:31
yes. so combining our info, it means 12 sold in august as at the time u were at the showflat. :)

Eastboy
15-08-12, 18:24

i think demand in pasir ris fully soaked up already...i really cannot imagine another 900+ units to come....oh man :scared-1:

kale
15-08-12, 19:32
i think demand in pasir ris fully soaked up already...i really cannot imagine another 900+ units to come....oh man :scared-1:

Price below $1000psf and near mrt, believe still have takers. See response of parc centros at punggol.....

NV2010
16-08-12, 09:50
Price below $1000psf and near mrt, believe still have takers. See response of parc centros at punggol.....

Believe need at latest another 6 moths to clear The Palette's stock. If the take up rate pace is fast and fully sold. It is good for The Palette residents as well as their neighbours in terms of property prices.

iwantgizmos
16-08-12, 23:21
so true, i think many ppl are still waiting patiently for the plot where the showflat is located. - nearest to mrt... that plot got potential.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd458/ecimbew/pasir-ris-cdl-condo-2011.jpg

nuggets
17-08-12, 08:52
The next plot to be launched is the site next to the Palette. My understanding is that the site that the showflat is currently sitting on is supposed to be the last plot to be launched.

Eastboy
18-08-12, 15:08
The next plot to be launched is the site next to the Palette. My understanding is that the site that the showflat is currently sitting on is supposed to be the last plot to be launched.

actually i think 2 more plots. the plot behind palette will launch, and then the current showflat plot (closest to MRT) will be the last.

kale
25-08-12, 10:47
Rec SMS stating showroom last day on 27aug.... Likely to renovate for next launch.

Anyone going down SF to kapok kapok :D ?

radha08
25-08-12, 15:32
so true, i think many ppl are still waiting patiently for the plot where the showflat is located. - nearest to mrt... that plot got potential.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd458/ecimbew/pasir-ris-cdl-condo-2011.jpg

5 years ago i bought elias green..there was NOTHING on that land...look at it today...:doh:....anyway last year i run road...:cheers1:

latour
26-08-12, 00:59
5 years ago i bought elias green..there was NOTHING on that land...look at it today...:doh:....anyway last year i run road...:cheers1:

wow, 2006 to 2011 = Huat Ah! Huat Ah!!!

yjcai
26-08-12, 01:19

Only scared they never build more amenities

Beebot
27-08-12, 20:54

In Singapore, every inch of land is maximized for residential use. Look at Bedok reservoir, a whole cluster of condos coming up. The area around Fernvale too. The forested land has been cleared and rows and rows of new flats are coming up. At least in Singapore, we still have some green lungs and beautiful landscapes in our estates, unlike Hong Kong.

sleeping lamb
01-09-12, 14:42
Is it true that there are plans to transform the little hill slope besides block 571 pasir ris into some amenities spot?

NV2010
02-09-12, 08:26
Is it true that there are plans to transform the little hill slope besides block 571 pasir ris into some amenities spot?

I assume you mentioned is blk 570 which is beside the hill. According to master plan 2008. there will be a new road leading to Pasir ris central and the hill will be used for future high rise residential development.

I believe there will be more development in the Pasir ris central, MRT, bus interchange, etc in the future to cope the increasing of population.

Eastboy
04-09-12, 12:35
I assume you mentioned is blk 570 which is beside the hill. According to master plan 2008. there will be a new road leading to Pasir ris central and the hill will be used for future high rise residential development.

I believe there will be more development in the Pasir ris central, MRT, bus interchange, etc in the future to cope the increasing of population.

yeah there are still reserve sites available next to TPE along Tampines Ave 12.....i wonder if these are gonna be turned into residential or not...

NV2010
04-09-12, 14:02
Common room for rent @ Livia

Livians who live in need money to support their mortgage. :doh:

http://cdn-sg2.pgimgs.com/images/thumb/6/e/0/f/6e0fba24953146_1_V550.jpg

tijiwehe
10-09-12, 16:22
Now can browse the showflat from anywhere... :)

http://mds.sh/cdl/thepalette/

Can even open and close the storage area... cool~

iwantgizmos
10-09-12, 16:32
Now can browse the showflat from anywhere... :)

http://mds.sh/cdl/thepalette/

Can even open and close the storage area... cool~
this is so cooool....
all showflats must follow this....
today's age everyone has gone digital....
no need to visit showflat anymore... :D :D

Super
10-09-12, 21:46
this is so cooool....
all showflats must follow this....
today's age everyone has gone digital....
no need to visit showflat anymore... :D :D

I agreed. The coolest thing I even seen for a show flat. Thumb Up.

Pikachu1245
15-09-12, 20:41

Pasir Ris, being an OCR, is one of the locations where the masses stay.

Hence believe the government will try to ensure price stability for EC/ PC by putting in more EC/PC land sales in the OCR if there is sign that price increase is ' too fast and furious'.

This, I believe, will ensure slow, steady and sustainable price growth. This is good for HDB upgrader and long term investor.

For short term investor / speculator, guess it is better to go RCR /CCR where price fluctuation may be more 'intense' and hence gain/loss may be more significant and 'magnified' depending on whether buyer has timed the market well or not.

In Pasir Ris, EC(Watercolours/ Belysa) / PC(NV Residences/ The Palette/Ripple Bay/Seastrand etc.) are currently already in place to supply to the masses and hopefully ensure a balanced supply and demand situation which can results in slow and steady price growth....

My :2cents: view.

BigBoy
15-09-12, 21:57
http://imageshack.us/a/img840/5636/20120915180426.jpg

sleeping lamb
15-09-12, 22:35
TOP 2014. Fingers crossed

NV2010
16-09-12, 12:26
Did you see any activity in the show flat?

Lovelle
16-09-12, 12:38
so many units in Pasir Ris. Price will be suppressed together with rental in future.

sure affect other area nearby as well

NV2010
16-09-12, 13:53
so many units in Pasir Ris. Price will be suppressed together with rental in future.

This is not the case, any where in the island flooded with new housing, as long as there is a land there will be new residential. Look at the central park @ amk.
It is 500m away. Good luck to you!

BigBoy
16-09-12, 15:28
Did you see any activity in the show flat?
From the photo, it's quite obvious the show flat is undergoing renovation for the next launch.

yjcai
16-09-12, 15:31

So anti Pasir Ris. How about north east. People many. High buildings plot ratio 3.x is norm. Limited amnities. More than 14 new developments with plot ratio 3.x coming up with condos spamming like no tomorrow. Isn't that worse price suppression with rental too? Are you also saying Watertown lugi

Lovelle
16-09-12, 15:50
So anti Pasir Ris. How about north east. People many. High buildings plot ratio 3.x is norm. Limited amnities. More than 14 new developments with plot ratio 3.x coming up with condos spamming like no tomorrow. Isn't that worse price suppression with rental too? Are you also saying Watertown lugi

Oh price sure go up ten times. So many buyer will buy fr you. Punggol is near cbd and orvhard. Then all the bhangra will buy up 9,10,11

Lovelle
16-09-12, 15:57
Punggol gets all.the fresh air fr jb incinerator. Residents complaint to nea abt some smell but they din realised it.cm.fr across the island. Price sure go up!

Eastboy
16-09-12, 20:35
TOP 2014. Fingers crossed

i think 2015 la...2014 not very possible given it's such a huge development....

NV2010
17-09-12, 11:40
i think 2015 la...2014 not very possible given it's such a huge development....

Whether 2014 or 2015, it is still early to tell. Anyway you need to wait for 2 and half at least. Count down from now!

sleeping lamb
17-09-12, 20:00
Better build it fast before the govt introduce another round of foreign workers control policy :confused:

NV2010
18-09-12, 13:53
THE PALETTE
PASIR RIS GROVE
Hong Realty (Private) Limited
Non-Landed OCR: 892 units
Units Sold to-date (Aug): 781 units
Units left about 100+

Remarks

Very encouraging sales

Most of the projects in Pasir ris are doing well so far except Pasir one DDBS. Poor thing only sole 100+. In term of location, close to MRT & shopping mall. This is considered a good project, don't understand why the sales are so poor. Cannot compete with mass projects? ...or because of the new BTO..

bakasa2002
18-09-12, 14:38
THE PALETTE
PASIR RIS GROVE
Hong Realty (Private) Limited
Non-Landed OCR: 892 units
Units Sold to-date (Aug): 781 units
Units left about 100+

Remarks

Very encouraging sales

Most of the projects in Pasir ris are doing well so far except Pasir one DDBS. Poor thing only sole 100+. In term of location, close to MRT & shopping mall. This is considered a good project, don't understand why the sales are so poor. Cannot compete with mass projects? ...or because of the new BTO..

With prices quite close to EC, most people would rather get Watercolors or wait for the EC next to it. The upside is more when a EC eventually privatise compare to PR1. My :2cents:

sleeping lamb
18-09-12, 20:56
With prices quite close to EC, most people would rather get Watercolors or wait for the EC next to it. The upside is more when a EC eventually privatise compare to PR1. My :2cents:
Spot on. now Dbss is the lonely child. The rooms for this project are terribly small

Eastboy
18-09-12, 23:30
Spot on. now Dbss is the lonely child. The rooms for this project are terribly small

slow-moving, but eventually i am confident it'd be sold out.

NV2010
19-09-12, 08:38
slow-moving, but eventually i am confident it'd be sold out.

Normal projects launched between 300 to abt 700 units, less projects launched above 800 units. If The palette already sold above the normal launched project's units, it could already fully sold today.

Due to the large qty sales, it takes a bit of longer time.

WATERTOWN at PUNGGOL CENTRAL, total 992 units launched, left 38 units unsole due to its popularity, it's selling fast.

Come and join the The Palette FB close group discussion

http://www.facebook.com/groups/284379748335058/#!/groups/284379748335058/

BigBoy
18-10-12, 15:26
Next Pasir Ris Grove Plot estimated no. of units is 912. More than palette thought plot size smaller. This probably means more smaller units.

sleeping lamb
18-10-12, 22:21
Next Pasir Ris Grove Plot estimated no. oóf units is 912. More than palette thought plot size smaller. This probably means more smaller units. Probably more 2-bedder and 2+S (compact 3-bedder). Or build higher storey blocks with less amenities? Looking forward to its launch!

cheangeric
24-10-12, 04:04
Hi,
Looking to get a unit here for own stay. Shortlisted the following :

3+S
#02-28 - not sure if the tree in front will block some view and the roof activity deck of the clubhouse 2 can actually look into the unit ?

#14-28 (Top floor)-worried of the strong west sun and heat from top

3BR
#12-34 - may have the best outside greenary view among these 3 units and no west sun, only worry the adjacent project may block half of the direct straight view

Also don't understand why the take up rate so low for stack #XX-02, #XX-07, #XX-34 ?

Any advice will be much appreciated :D

BigBoy
24-10-12, 08:58
Stack 28 & 34 are pretty far from the entrance, this means you need to cover more distance to get out, on foot or vehicle.

There will probably be some noise from the tennis courts for stack 34.

There is no adjacent building to west of stack 34, so there may be some heat in the afternoon.

Stack 02 & 07 are facing the carpark entrance, bin center and sub station, of both NV & Palette. There will be plenty of sight, sound and smell.

cheangeric
24-10-12, 09:55
Hi,
Looking to get a unit here for own stay. Shortlisted the following :

3+S
#02-28 - not sure if the tree in front will block some view and the roof activity deck of the clubhouse 2 can actually look into the unit ?

#14-28 (Top floor)-worried of the strong west sun and heat from top

3BR
#12-34 - may have the best outside greenary view among these 3 units and no west sun, only worry the adjacent project may block half of the direct straight view

Also don't understand why the take up rate so low for stack #XX-02, #XX-07, #XX-34 ?

Any advice will be much appreciated :D

Thanks Bigboy for the input.

anyone has the pic of the clubhouse 2? need to check the privacy level for 02-28. and is it better to not have a patio unit below? ( it's labelled as void area according to the diagram chart for 01-18)

in term of psf, it make more sense to get 2nd floor 3+s vs 3br high floor.

am i right to state this?

PALETTE
24-10-12, 16:44
By the way, does anyone has the latest updates on the progress at The Palette? :)

babyworm
25-10-12, 11:31
Thanks Bigboy for the input.

anyone has the pic of the clubhouse 2? need to check the privacy level for 02-28. and is it better to not have a patio unit below? ( it's labelled as void area according to the diagram chart for 01-18)

in term of psf, it make more sense to get 2nd floor 3+s vs 3br high floor.

am i right to state this?

This pic might be helpful.

Don't see any advantage/disadvantages with having a neighbour below. This is not HDB so you dont' have to be afraid of kids playing soccer or the occasional dong dong chiang. Also this project has pneumatic waste collection so you won't get smelly trash collection.

IMO, choosing a unit would depend on your lifestyle and your budget. The low floors are more affordable and might be easier to sell to the budget conscious in future. However, if budget allows, high floors are always preferred by most buyers.

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-11-14/the_palette_model_lounge.jpg

BigBoy
25-10-12, 11:58
Finally an official reply from CDL.

CDL: Our lawyer has advised that for a 99 years leasehold, the land will be the government's after 99 years. However, we will not know if there will be any changes to be made by the government threafter.

Based on the above, I do not think Palette is on a freehold land any more once it is converted to 99 leasehold.:cheers4:

iwantgizmos
25-10-12, 16:30
Finally an official reply from CDL.

CDL: Our lawyer has advised that for a 99 years leasehold, the land will be the government's after 99 years. However, we will not know if there will be any changes to be made by the government threafter.

Based on the above, I do not think Palette is on a freehold land any more once it is converted to 99 leasehold.:cheers4:
The reply doesn't say much.
CDL has never been transparent in giving direct answer to this question.

cheangeric
04-11-12, 00:56
Noticed this project's rubbish chute will be at the common area and not in the unit itself. Sounds like not very convenient. Are NV and Livia also like that ? Norm for CDL projects ?

What is the advantages and disadvantages for this type of design ?

radha08
11-11-12, 18:08
Noticed this project's rubbish chute will be at the common area and not in the unit itself. Sounds like not very convenient. Are NV and Livia also like that ? Norm for CDL projects ?

same with hdb newer flats rubbish chute at common area...i guess easier for
bangla to collect...:rolleyes:

hyenergix
11-11-12, 18:11

No pests creeping into the house. Yes, common for CDL projects. Very good design IMHO.

chestnut
11-11-12, 19:37
No pests creeping into the house. Yes, common for CDL projects. Very good design IMHO.

Me too, I prefer rubbish chute outside.,

Kenshinto80
11-11-12, 20:06
Yup, agreed. Plus it cost more to build as it embeds ECO friendly features. Dual chute pneumatic refuse collection system. Two chute for different disposal of recyclable and non-recyclable items. Let's all do our part to save Gaia.

tijiwehe
11-11-12, 21:08
By the way, does anyone has the latest updates on the progress at The Palette? :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img39/5894/img3592ks.jpg

Photo taken on 10th Nov 2012.

Showflat is under going major revamp.

Although NV is TOP soon but I see Palette site is like not moving much since my last visit 1-2 months ago.

PALETTE
12-11-12, 08:52
http://imageshack.us/a/img39/5894/img3592ks.jpg

Photo taken on 10th Nov 2012.

Showflat is under going major revamp.

Although NV is TOP soon but I see Palette site is like not moving much since my last visit 1-2 months ago.

Thanks 'tijiwehe' for the picture ..... its slow but steadily in progress :cool:

sleeping lamb
12-11-12, 11:57
Thanks 'tijiwehe' for the picture ..... its slow but steadily in progress :cool:
I don't see why it cannot TOP in 2014 using NV and other CDL projects as reference.

kale
12-11-12, 15:02
I don't see why it cannot TOP in 2014 using NV and other CDL projects as reference.

I also hope it can TOP by 2014, but when I retook back at NV thread.... Found out NV progress is much faster with few building structure up liao, after 1 yr of selling :simmering:

CDL better buck up their pace for palette, I m adjusting my earliest expected TOP to Q1 2015

sleeping lamb
12-11-12, 19:20
I also hope it can TOP by 2014, but when I retook back at NV thread.... Found out NV progress is much faster with few building structure up liao, after 1 yr of selling :simmering:

CDL better buck up their pace for palette, I m adjusting my earliest expected TOP to Q1 2015
Tks :) They have to buck up....2015 is just too slow by today's standard. Rem it was launched in Nov 2011. By end 2014 is aldy 3 long years.

BigBoy
15-11-12, 12:27
57 more units to go:cheers4:

NV2010
15-11-12, 12:40
57 more units to go:cheers4:
Sold 35units on that month consider very good performance. Keep it up CDL! Cheers to The residents of The Palette.

Fast in selling good for The palette and its neighours, but unfortunately slow in building!

PALETTE
15-11-12, 15:34
Sold 35units on that month consider very good performance. Keep it up CDL! Cheers to The residents of The Palette.

Fast in selling good for The palette and its neighours, but unfortunately slow in building!

Impressive indeed :) Anyone knows which blocks these remaining unsold units are located? Thanks.