PDA

View Full Version : Belvia - DBSS along Bedok Reservoir Road

buttercarp
09-10-11, 21:22
Yesterday while I was going to buy the delicious and famous Sheng Kee hainanese chicken rice at Bedok Reservoir, I saw housing agents ushering people in for the preview of a new DBSS along Bedok Reservoir called the Belvia.

I wonder what is the pricing for this development considering it being so near the future DTL3.
http://dbss-belvia.sg/?gclid=CLHX1fXX26sCFckg6wodrV5LOA

And so many units in a small plot of land.

But it is really convenient.
And those units facing Bedok Reservoir Rd should have some reservoir view as well.

kane
09-10-11, 23:07
Location looks good, but on the parking, why is it so difficult to cater 1 lot for every household??!!

And what is the $$$ of each unit? Can't be 800k right?

yjcai
10-10-11, 22:36
Yesterday while I was going to buy the delicious and famous Sheng Kee hainanese chicken rice at Bedok Reservoir, I saw housing agents ushering people in for the preview of a new DBSS along Bedok Reservoir called the Belvia.

I wonder what is the pricing for this development considering it being so near the future DTL3.
http://dbss-belvia.sg/?gclid=CLHX1fXX26sCFckg6wodrV5LOA

And so many units in a small plot of land.

But it is really convenient.
And those units facing Bedok Reservoir Rd should have some reservoir view as well.

hantuuuuuu

jhokc0007
11-10-11, 18:18
Did I hear Bedok Reservoir???

hantuuuuuu

ysyap
11-10-11, 19:11
Did I hear Bedok Reservoir???Yes u did! :D

azeoprop
11-10-11, 19:21
Maybe the sales here will be hit by the recent negative publicity of bedok reservoir.

:beats-me-man:

ysyap
11-10-11, 19:24
Fears of another drowning in Singapore surfaced when witnesses spotted a man floating face up in Bedok Reservoir (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/residents-near-bedok-reservoir-worried-about-impact-of-recent-deaths.html) Monday evening.

Fortunately, the floating man was rescued by canoeists and joggers. He was found to be unconscious but alive and was taken to Changi General Hospital.

44-year-old sales executive Andy Koh recounted to The New Paper the events which happened at around 5:30pm.

He said a group of four canoeists were the ones who first saw the man.

“I saw them waving to get the attention of joggers. They thought he was already dead because they shouted ‘Help! We found a body!’” said Koh, who frequently jogs or cycles at the reservoir.

First to respond was software engineer Wong Kai Chuan, 33. “As I didn’t have a phone with me, I tried to stop other joggers to ask them to call the police. At first, I was a bit scared to think it was a dead person,” he said.

“But then I saw some twitching motion in his left hand so I realised he was alive.”

Koh, who was the second man on the scene, added, “Initially, I wanted to do cardiopulmonary resuscitation (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=cardiopulmonary%20resuscitation&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) (CPR) but then I saw his chest rising slightly and I realised he was breathing on his own.

“He looked like he was halfway through work or had just finished. I could smell alcohol on him,” said Koh of the man, who was wearing a striped polo shirt, jeans and safety boots.

Koh managed to stop another jogger, Lee Kim Chye, 48, an electrician contractor, who had a phone belonging to his daughter.

Koh said, “I was the one who called 999 because Mr Lee was not very sure how to use the phone.”

While Koh was making the call, Lee went to get the number of the nearest lamp post so that the Singapore Civil Defence Force (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Singapore%20Civil%20Defence%20Force&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) (SCDF) would know exactly where to turn up.

While waiting for the SCDF – who arrived within eight minutes – the three joggers carried the man out of the ankle-deep water after the canoeists had brought him nearer the rocky shore.

“We didn’t hesitate, I grabbed his hands while the others grabbed his legs. He was making soft grunting sounds,” said Lee.

“He was very lucky that the canoeists were there, otherwise it would have been yet another body.”

The canoeists left the scene before the police arrived.

An SCDF spokesman told the same paper that it received a call at around 5:52pm. “We sent one fire engine and one ambulance to the location opposite Water Venture (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Water%20Venture&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) at Bedok Reservoir.

“When we arrived, the man was already out of the water. Paramedics administered treatment and conveyed him to Changi General Hospital (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=Changi%20General%20Hospital&fr=fp-today&cs=bz) in a semi-conscious condition.”

The man is a Singaporean in his early 50s, and rescuers said that he had a small slash wound on his left wrist, which had a plaster on it.

Lee said, “I hope he will recover and that this will be the last case.”

The police said they are looking into the matter.

This incident comes after the dead body of 33-year-old Raman Selvam, an Indian construction worker, was found earlier that day at the same reservoir (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/another-man-believed-drowned-at-bedok-reservoir.html) – a fourth body in four months.

On 20 June, a highly-decomposed partial corpse (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/decomposed-half-body-bedok-reservoir-identified-154809011.html) of Chinese national Lin Xiao, 23, was found. He had been missing since April.

Last month, the bodies of Tan Sze Sze, 32, and her three-year-old son, Jerald Chin Le Hui (http://sg.news.yahoo.com/mother-and-son-found-dead-in-bedok-reservoir.html), were found floating in the reservoir. Both bodies were found dressed in red, and locked in an embrace.

yjcai
11-10-11, 20:43
Yes u did! :D

what! pulau hantu? things come from the water n drag u to the waters. beware

buttercarp
14-10-11, 23:26
Was travelling along Bedok Reservoir Road at about 8pm today and to my surprise , the show flat for Belvia was still open!
And there was a crowd there, and the agents were neatly dressed in blacket jackets.
The place looked like it was selling an EC or even a condo.
I don't mean to sound rude but
it is only a DBSS, why they make it so grand?
All these costs gets passed to the buyer?

Actually there is little difference in today's BTO and DBSS in terms of outlook, but there is a huge difference in price! Why do some prefer DBSS?

azeoprop
14-10-11, 23:36
Was travelling along Bedok Reservoir Road at about 8pm today and to my surprise , the show flat for Belvia was still open!
And there was a crowd there, and the agents were neatly dressed in blacket jackets.

Actually there is little difference in today's BTO and DBSS in terms of outlook, but there is a huge difference in price! Why do some prefer DBSS?

Maybe they hope that next time it can get privatized like HUDC? There are only a handful of DBSS left ever since they are scrapped.

:beats-me-man:

kane
14-10-11, 23:47

It was the same when they sold amk and bishan's dbss, they dresses up the place like a condo launch. It's hdb's way of selling upmarket public housing.

buttercarp
14-10-11, 23:54
It was the same when they sold amk and bishan's dbss, they dresses up the place like a condo launch. It's hdb's way of selling upmarket public housing.

Oh really.....
This is my first time seeing a launch of a DBSS.
IMO, it is really extravagant.
For the premium paid, I feel that DBSS should at least have a fence, like the HUDC of the past.

ysyap
15-10-11, 06:55

Actually there is little difference in today's BTO and DBSS in terms of outlook, but there is a huge difference in price! Why do some prefer DBSS?Singaporeans are strange... treat every opportunity to buy property as a grand affair so developer just hit the right key and benefit accordingly. :spliff:

hyenergix
15-10-11, 07:16
Govt should open up HDB, DBSS and EC to all citizens. It is strange that PRs have more privileges than citizens in buying these flats.

phantom_opera
15-10-11, 07:42
Most dbss location near mrt ... BTO @ good location normally oversubscribed 10X, how to get? At least dbss allows you to choose your unit, 4r HDB @ 500+k quite ok

kane
15-10-11, 09:14
Oh really.....
This is my first time seeing a launch of a DBSS.
IMO, it is really extravagant.
For the premium paid, I feel that DBSS should at least have a fence, like the HUDC of the past.

In the amk one, people had to queue up at a tentage provided outside the showroom just to see the mock up, that wasn't even the actual sales date yes. Haha. Lots of suckers for the marketing tricks.

DC33_2008
15-10-11, 17:19
School is just next door. Lucky them.
Most dbss location near mrt ... BTO @ good location normally oversubscribed 10X, how to get? At least dbss allows you to choose your unit, 4r HDB @ 500+k quite ok

reporter2
15-10-11, 18:51
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,460032-1318449540,00.html?

Published October 12, 2011

First DBSS project in Bedok out soon

BELVIA, the first design, build and sell scheme (DBSS) project in Bedok, is due to be launched this week.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-10-12/BT_IMAGES_MTCEL12.jpg
Belvia: Its tender was awarded before the government said that it wanted to review the DBSS scheme following an outcry over Tampines project Centrale 8

The 488-unit project comprising three, four, and five-room units, occupies a total land area of more than 16,657 square metres, and is expected to attract strong interest from home buyers, said its developer, CEL Development.

CEL chief executive Chia Lee Meng, said: 'Given the recent market reaction to the 'leftover' flats, we are expecting strong response from home buyers who want to live in mature estates as they have ready amenities. We are also expecting interest from buyers who wish to live near their parents.'

E-applications will be open from Friday to Tuesday, after which balloting will begin, and buyers who qualify for DBSS flats will be allocated a booking slot from Nov 7 onwards, the developer said.

Belvia, which is located along Bedok Reservoir Crescent, was one of the projects for which tenders were given out before the government announced earlier this year that it will put DBSS projects on hold.

The government said that it wanted to review the scheme following an outcry from Singaporeans to scrap the scheme in the wake of high asking prices at a Tampines DBSS project, Centrale 8.

The developer, Sim Lian Group, had initially estimated prices of $880,000 for a five-room unit, but later revised it to $778,000.

reporter2
15-10-11, 19:51
http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_722653.html

New DBSS flats out this month likely to cost less

Published on Oct 13, 2011

By Cheryl Ong

HDB flats under the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) being offered for sale this month are all but certain to cost less, as developers try to avoid a repeat of the negative reaction to a previous launch in June.

Two of the three developers behind the newest projects say the prices will be pegged to market sentiment, following a public outcry over record-breaking asking prices for flats in Centrale 8 in Tampines.

DBSS flats are designed and sold by private developers and typically come with fittings and better designs than standard build-to-order (BTO) HDB flats. Their prices reflect that premium.

Developer Sim Lian's Centrale 8 made the news in June when its asking price for a DBSS flat rivalled that of executive condominiums (ECs).

It eventually backed down on its prices to varying degrees, slashing $100,000 off its priciest $880,000 units.

CEL Development, which will launch Belvia in Bedok Reservoir tomorrow, said the asking price for a three-room unit with an area of 721 sq ft will be under $500,000, while a four-room unit of 925 sq ft will cost less than $600,000. A majority of five-room units of 1,162 sq ft each will go for under $700,000. Those with a better view of the reservoir will cost slightly more.

EL Development's Trivelis, a Clementi project to be launched on Oct 26, said the price ranges for its units are: from $300,000 to $400,000 for a 645 sq ft three-room unit; between $500,000 and $600,000 for an 882 sq ft four-room unit, and from $600,000 to $700,000 for a 1,130 sq ft five-room unit.

Hoi Hup Sunway, which developed Lake Vista @ Yuan Ching off Jurong Lake, will release information on its prices today. The development will be launched next Tuesday.

CEL Development chief executive officer Raymond Chia said his company is well aware of the fact that DBSS flats are still public housing, and the price range will reflect that.

'We know pricing is a sensitive issue. At the end of the day, before we price it, we also want to look at public sentiment,' he said.

In July, National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said the DBSS scheme will be put on hold as the Government reviews the policy.

PropNex chief executive Mohamed Ismail said the DBSS flats are still pricey. Belvia's flats cost at least $600 psf.

Centrale 8 was priced in the $600 to $700 psf range. Its predecessor, Adora Green, went for between $450 and $500 psf.

'A BTO price is about $350 psf, and a DBSS flat in Bedok, which is a mature estate, should be $550 psf maximum. The prices are still rather high,' he said. 'It might be more worthwhile to buy an EC or go for a resale flat instead.'

Mr Nicholas Mak, research head of property consultancy SLP International, said pricing is a tricky issue that developers must take heed of.

'DBSS prices occupy a narrow range between that of BTO flats and ECs, but buyers must remember that they are still buying an HDB flat, and they should not have to pay too much money for it,' he said.

Additional reporting by Melissa Pang

reporter2
15-10-11, 19:59
http://www.straitstimes.com/PrimeNews/Story/STIStory_723539.html

Strong interest in DBSS project

Published on Oct 15, 2011

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/pdf/20111014/ST_IMAGES_CLDBSS.pdf

MORE than 200 potential buyers have lodged applications for a Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project that was launched yesterday.

The showflat for the 488-unit Belvia in Bedok Reservoir Road attracted as many as 300 people when it opened, reflecting the continued popularity of the DBSS homes.

Balloting will commence once the online applications close on Tuesday.

Belvia comprises three-, four- and five-room units selling for around $570 per square foot. This works out to about $395,000 on average for a three-room flat of 720 sq ft, $525,000 for a four-room unit measuring 936 sq ft and $670,000 for a 1,130 sq ft five-room flat.

Some showroom visitors felt the prices were a bit high, especially as the rooms were smaller than those in older flats in the neighbourhood.

But others said the values were reasonable given the project came with condo-like fittings such as kitchen and bathroom fixtures and air-conditioning units.

First-time buyer Chris King, 27, an IT consultant, said the location was the most important factor.

'I've lived in the Bedok neighbourhood for almost 20 years. The fact that this development is near my parents' place is a selling point for me. If not for the location, my wife and I would have gone for a Build-to-Order (BTO) flat instead,' he said.

Belvia is the first DBSS project to be put up for sale since revisions were made to the public housing income ceiling.

Buyers earning up to $10,000 a month can now choose between BTO and DBSS flats.

Mr Nicholas Mak, head of research at SLP International, noted: 'If a DBSS flat is priced very much higher than a BTO flat, and if that DBSS project doesn't have very unique or distinctive features, then buyers who qualify for both might opt for the more basic BTO flats, which are more affordable.'

Belvia is also the first DBSS project to be built in Bedok and the first to be launched after the Government said in July that it would review the scheme after a public outcry erupted over prices at Centrale 8, Sim Lian's project in Tampines.

But the possibility that the DBSS flats could be scrapped may encourage buyers to choose them, said Mr Steven Tan, executive director of residential at OrangeTee. 'They feel such homes may be limited in supply and therefore a better choice if the Government does away with the scheme.'

CHERYL LIM

kane
16-10-11, 00:15
Mature estates seldom see BTO, the first DBSS in the estate tends to suck up all the pent up demand. Natura loft in bishan sold well during the downturn. Likewise of ang mo kio's park central.

azeoprop
16-10-11, 11:40
Interestingly, they also have a "dual key" unit in the form of a 5room flat, type C2.

http://www.belvia.sg/site/index.html

maisonjai
16-10-11, 12:09
Developer very smart, DKey attached "unit" doesn't have a kitchen.

Komo
16-10-11, 12:30
Developer very smart, DKey attached "unit" doesn't have a kitchen.
Hate this kind of dual key design. Useless:doh:

maisonjai
16-10-11, 12:35
Some like the idea of multi generation living ma.

DC33_2008
16-10-11, 13:58
R u sure? For rental when 5 years MOP is up.
Some like the idea of multi generation living ma.

maisonjai
16-10-11, 15:25
R u sure? For rental when 5 years MOP is up.

Renting out rooms

No prior approval from HDB is required if you rent out your bedroom(s) in the flat within the MOP. However, with effect from 1 Feb 2010, you must register the subletting of bedrooms with HDB within 7 days* of doing so.

This Kobe cash cow no need MOP. haa :D

ecimbew
17-10-11, 08:09

When it first came out, people who didn't know thought it was a condo. The selling price also added to this misconception. Even Mr Khaw said DBSS is not HDB. :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

kane
17-10-11, 09:41
When it first came out, people who didn't know thought it was a condo. The selling price also added to this misconception. Even Mr Khaw said DBSS is not HDB. :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

The advertisement on the papers have a very condo feel to it mah.

masterkey
17-10-11, 11:13
Govt should open up HDB, DBSS and EC to all citizens. It is strange that PRs have more privileges than citizens in buying these flats.

What kind of privileges over citizens?

Worsty
19-10-11, 14:13
What kind of privileges over citizens?

Can buy HDB before 35 without getting married. Can give up PR, sell HDB, get full amount in CPF out instead of being stuck in CPF life.

devilplate
19-10-11, 18:54
Can buy HDB before 35 without getting married.
u sure about this?:scared-4:

Care to share under which scheme? I dun seem to find such scheme under hdb webby...:confused:

hopeful
19-10-11, 19:00
u sure about this?:scared-4:

Care to share under which scheme? I dun seem to find such scheme under hdb webby...:confused:

think he was referring to siblings scheme.

hopeful
19-10-11, 19:01
Can buy HDB before 35 without getting married. Can give up PR, sell HDB, get full amount in CPF out instead of being stuck in CPF life.

Dont tell half baked stories.
Once take money out of CPF, cannot come back to Singapore ever again.
Singaporeans also same, can fully withdraw CPF and migrate to another country.

devilplate
19-10-11, 19:34
think he was referring to siblings scheme.
Dun hf such scheme

Only got orphans scheme....whereby one must be a SC

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatEligibilitytobuy?OpenDocument

hopeful
19-10-11, 21:32
Dun hf such scheme

Only got orphans scheme....whereby one must be a SC

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatEligibilitytobuy?OpenDocument

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1110682/1/.html

it was discontinued after outcry by citizens.

devilplate
19-10-11, 22:02
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1110682/1/.html

it was discontinued after outcry by citizens.
I noe la...but tat worsty saying PR got priviledge over SC....dun hf at all!

Previously, unmarried SC siblings can buy new or resale flat also wat whereas unmarried PR siblings can only buy resale flats:rolleyes:

hopeful
19-10-11, 22:05
I noe la...but tat worsty saying PR got priviledge over SC....dun hf at all!

Previously, unmarried SC siblings can buy new or resale flat also wat:rolleyes:

how many unmarried SC siblings with parents overseas as compared to unmarried PR siblings with parents not in Singapore? so in a way, Worsty is correct. This scheme benefit PRs more than SCs.

devilplate
19-10-11, 22:11
Dont tell half baked stories.
Once take money out of CPF, cannot come back to Singapore ever again.
Singaporeans also same, can fully withdraw CPF and migrate to another country.
In a way worsty is correct....

Easier to annul PR and go bck hometown rather den annul citizenship and migrate....so SC is at losing end...lol:p

reporter2
22-10-11, 20:03
http://www.straitstimes.com/Singapore/Story/STIStory_724819.html

Over 1,300 apply for 488 Belvia units

Published on Oct 19, 2011

THE latest Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) flats to hit the market are almost three times over-subscribed.

The 488-unit Belvia, the first DBSS project in the mature estate of Bedok, had pulled in 1,368 applications by 8pm yesterday, four hours before the deadline for applications closed at midnight. Its developer, CEL Development, started accepting applications last Friday. Successful applicants will be notified from Nov 3 onwards.

Belvia comprises three-, four- and five-room units selling at around $570 per sq ft. This works out to about $395,000 on average for a three-room flat of 720 sq ft, $525,000 for a four-room unit measuring 936 sq ft, and $670,000 for a 1,130 sq ft five-room flat. The actual prices will be announced on Nov 5 and 6, before buyers who qualify for a unit get their booking slots on Nov 7.

Belvia is the first DBSS project to be put up for sale since revisions were made to the public housing income ceiling. Buyers earning up to $10,000 a month can now choose between Build-to-Order and DBSS flats. The Government had also said in July that it wanted to review the scheme, after high asking prices at Centrale 8 - Sim Lian's Tampines DBSS project - led to a public outcry.

DBSS flats are designed and sold by private developers and typically come with fittings and better designs than standard Build-to-Order HDB flats.

'Despite the good response, we want to assure the buyers that we will be sensitive to the price as we recognise that this is a public housing project,' said CEL Development's chief executive Raymond Chia. He expects sales to be strong due to the project's location, near amenities.

Some industry players, however, pointed out that high numbers of e-applications may not necessarily translate into sales. Mr Nicholas Mak, research head of property consultancy SLP International, said e-applications merely 'give an idea of the popularity of the development'.

JESSICA LIM

buttercarp
22-10-11, 21:00
Does it mean it is sold out?
Today at 12noon I passed by and the balloon which used to fly outside the showflat was deflated. The workers seem to be dismantling things.

kane
22-10-11, 21:12
I was at HDB hub recently and I saw the ad board for belvia. Looks just like any condo marketing.