PDA

View Full Version : RIP Steve Jobs

mantrix
06-10-11, 08:59
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/1157549/1/.html

NEW YORK: Apple on Wednesday announced the death of its visionary co-founder Steve Jobs from cancer at 56.

"We are deeply saddened to announce that Steve Jobs passed away today," the company's board of directors said in a statement.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve.

"His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts," the statement from the California-based gadget-maker said.

Jobs underwent an operation for pancreatic cancer in 2004 and a liver transplant in 2009.

He resigned as CEO of Apple in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

On Tuesday, Apple unveiled the iPhone 4S. Jobs, 56, did not make an appearance at Tuesday's event.

Apple changed its website homepage to remember Jobs who had remained with Apple as chairman of the board of directors.

In a simple statement on the site, Apple said it "has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being."

"Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Steve have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor.

Steve leaves behind a company that only he could have built and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple."

Apple has opened a tribute email [email protected] for Jobs. He is said to have died with his family around him.

- AFP/de/sf

Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything--all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure--these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. - Steve Jobs

Regulators
06-10-11, 09:15
I don't use any apple product but truly sad news. He just left too young when my grandmother is almost ninety and still alive and kicking.

mantrix
06-10-11, 09:18
With all the money, adoration, properties and material gains in this world, one still can't run away from death - we have to reflect on what is really important at the end of the day...

ysyap
06-10-11, 09:18
Apple products are the evidences of his contribution to mankind in the 20th/21st century. May God be with his bereaving family members.

hyenergix
06-10-11, 09:33
With all the money, adoration, properties and material gains in this world, one still can't run away from death - we have to reflect on what is really important at the end of the day...

I suppose for Chinese they still give their passed away love ones cars, condos, hp, maid, cash, etc. Sometimes I wonder what is the inflation rate at the other world :scared-3:

mantrix
06-10-11, 09:40
I suppose for Chinese they still give their passed away love ones cars, condos, hp, maid, cash, etc. Sometimes I wonder what is the inflation rate at the other world :scared-3:

Not all Chinese - only the older ones who have Taoism as their religion...I would say 10% of the population? I don't like the needless burning that's for sure....and they have already caused hyperinflation on the other side (hence the ridiculous number of zeroes in each note) :D

howgozit
06-10-11, 23:27

Btw, they have the "hell" Ipad/Iphone/Ipod at your friendly neighbourhood incense shop.

novel
07-10-11, 13:56
very sad to hear this news the mood greatly affected :(

R.I.P. Steve Jobs!

Laguna
07-10-11, 14:00
It is sad, at the age of only 56...otherwise, he can do so much more to improve the world...

Hopefully, some of his wealth be donated to the needy

ay123
07-10-11, 14:12
i never like apple computer but after release of the "I" products i am crazy about it. steve job really changed people's life. almost everyone n street carry an "I" product. i have not change my HP model since i buy iphone....only upgrade

hyenergix
07-10-11, 16:52
I have never used Apple products before. Too expensive for me.