PDA

View Full Version : Couples fake divorce to earn extra $3K monthly rental

howgozit
04-10-11, 16:53
Couples fake divorce to earn extra $3K monthly rent

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/news/10Oct11/images/20111003.223316_hdb_flats.jpg

AsiaOne
Monday, Oct 03, 2011
Married couples in Singapore have been faking their divorce in order to buy new flats to be rented. The flats rentals typically earn them an extra $2,000 to $3,000 a month.

Vice-president of real estate company Propnex, Mr Lim Yong Hock, told Lianhe Wanbao that such practices began about 10 years ago.
Property agents have been puzzled when couples show up to view a house together, despite being divorced.

After the couples proceed with the divorce, one party will keep the existing flat which they co-own, and the other party would buy another flat. One of the flats will then be rented.
According to Singapore's regulations, a single person above the age of 35 is eligible to own a flat on their own.

Mr Lim added that such arrangements between couples are hard to see through and even harder to foil.
In an earlier report last year by China Daily, couples in Shanghai had also faked their divorce and obtained fake divorce certificates to buy properties after the legislation passed a regulation which only allowed families to purchase only one apartment.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111003-303005.html

iwantgizmos
04-10-11, 16:57
Couples fake divorce to earn extra $3K monthly rent

http://www.asiaone.com/a1media/news/10Oct11/images/20111003.223316_hdb_flats.jpg

AsiaOne
Monday, Oct 03, 2011
Married couples in Singapore have been faking their divorce in order to buy new flats to be rented. The flats rentals typically earn them an extra $2,000 to $3,000 a month.

Vice-president of real estate company Propnex, Mr Lim Yong Hock, told Lianhe Wanbao that such practices began about 10 years ago.
Property agents have been puzzled when couples show up to view a house together, despite being divorced.

After the couples proceed with the divorce, one party will keep the existing flat which they co-own, and the other party would buy another flat. One of the flats will then be rented.
According to Singapore's regulations, a single person above the age of 35 is eligible to own a flat on their own.

Mr Lim added that such arrangements between couples are hard to see through and even harder to foil.
In an earlier report last year by China Daily, couples in Shanghai had also faked their divorce and obtained fake divorce certificates to buy properties after the legislation passed a regulation which only allowed families to purchase only one apartment.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111003-303005.html
people are getting smarter and smarter nowadays...

devilplate
04-10-11, 17:39
Nothing new

land118
04-10-11, 19:01
Got $ to make, sure someone out there will try anything...

howgozit
04-10-11, 19:08
Nothing new

Seems so, article says such practices started 10years ago. I must be very naive and innocent, I would never be able to come up with something like this.

proud owner
04-10-11, 22:04
Seems so, article says such practices started 10years ago. I must be very naive and innocent, I would never be able to come up with something like this.

How many wives would agree to that?

Most if not all women want a 'title' like Mrs, and not 'divorcee'

maisonjai
04-10-11, 22:25
If rental income is her monthly shopping expenses, some may agree. haha

hyenergix
04-10-11, 22:48
A divorce is a legal matter. What is fake about it? What is wrong is authorities have set policies which lack foresights on public housing in recent years.

kane
04-10-11, 22:50
desperate times desperate measures?

howgozit
04-10-11, 23:04
How many wives would agree to that?

Most if not all women want a 'title' like Mrs, and not 'divorcee'

Unless the scam started even before that... ie. a marriage of convenience to get a flat then a divorce of covenience to get another.

This way 2 single people can get their own flat before 35 with all the subsidies. The only downside is that they have to live with the social stigma of being a divorcee. But at this day and age who cares about such sh-t anyway?

hyenergix
04-10-11, 23:11
It is a good idea to buy a bride from overseas and marry to buy a HDB. The bride can continue to stay at her own country while the groom gets a HDB.

smallant
04-10-11, 23:14
Extreme times.. Extreme measures... chiam.. if they divorced during divorved period... haha.. complex:doh:

Geylang OKT
04-10-11, 23:18
honest mistake, lets move on :D

radha08
05-10-11, 01:00
like i believe property market in singapore is a dog eat dog world ha ha...well done young couples:cheers6:

kane
05-10-11, 01:06
like i believe property market in singapore is a dog eat dog world ha ha...well done young couples:cheers6:

It's a amicable divorce, they can't be lovers but they can still be best friends. :cheers1:

gn108
05-10-11, 09:27
:D :D :spliff: :D :D :spliff: :D :D

honest mistake, lets move on :D

proud owner
05-10-11, 09:35
It's a amicable divorce, they can't be lovers but they can still be best friends. :cheers1:

a term the use in USA .. BFF

Best FXXXXXX Friend

Regulators
05-10-11, 10:41
will u pay for the hdb flat and put under the foreign wife's name? :D
It is a good idea to buy a bride from overseas and marry to buy a HDB. The bride can continue to stay at her own country while the groom gets a HDB.

hyenergix
05-10-11, 12:34
I think it is ok to divorce after getting e flat.

howgozit
05-10-11, 16:02
May be a way for homosexuals to get a flat.

Gay man marry lesbian to get a flat, they divorce later to get another flat. Now the each have their own flat and they both have no gripes about being a divorcee.

peterng8
06-10-11, 14:47
This is crazy...

because of 3K rental a month people just get a divorce in order to cheat garmen...u can cheat anyone but not the garmen pls...U cannot afford the consequences....:scared-5:

iwantgizmos
06-10-11, 16:18
This is crazy...

because of 3K rental a month people just get a divorce in order to cheat garmen...u can cheat anyone but not the garmen pls...U cannot afford the consequences....:scared-5:
money is money... ppl will do anything for 3K... a divorcee is just a title the person has to bear, if don't tell, then ppl don't know... and is still legal after all... they are not breaking any law... therefore why not?...

masterkey
06-10-11, 16:41
people are getting smarter and smarter nowadays...

Rather, people are getting greedier and greedier nowadays. :beats-me-man:

devilplate
06-10-11, 18:45
Rather, people are getting greedier and greedier nowadays. :beats-me-man:
Nope....

Getting impatience....taking short cuts

kingkong1984
06-10-11, 22:23
only make sense if before 35. After 35, might as well get one by themselves.

kane
06-10-11, 23:15
how to prove fake divorce if they don't remarry?

peterng8
07-10-11, 13:34
:D
money is money... ppl will do anything for 3K... a divorcee is just a title the person has to bear, if don't tell, then ppl don't know... and is still legal after all... they are not breaking any law... therefore why not?...

actually this will work for married couples who plan not to have children to enjoy this ..the other will be married couple with grown up children...NO wonder the DIVOrce rate has been going up in Singapore and less and less babies are born!!!

those are divorcing to get their flat rented HA HA:D

gn108
07-10-11, 13:37
I asked my wife on this two years ago but she knew about the remarry part...

how to prove fake divorce if they don't remarry?

peterng8
07-10-11, 13:43
I asked my wife on this two years ago but she knew about the remarry part...

Remarry at 3rd world country and continue to collect rental at developed country he he he:D

hopeful
08-10-11, 16:19
also ask parents to divorce. mother also now can apply for hdb. 4 grandparents, 2 parents, 1 grandchildren, 3 generations enjoying the fruits of having 6 HDB flats.

devilplate
08-10-11, 17:14
also ask parents to divorce. mother also now can apply for hdb. 4 grandparents, 2 parents, 1 grandchildren, 3 generations enjoying the fruits of having 6 HDB flats.
So much money meh....grandparents still can get loan?