PDA

View Full Version : Tropicana at upper changi road east..any views..

radha08
03-10-11, 21:42
I was eying changi court across the road but changi court looks a bit run down,then i happend to come across tropicana beside shell station...huge units...maisonettes...at reasonable price and looks much nicer...any bro got any views on these apts.....:cool:

iwantgizmos
03-10-11, 22:01
I was eying changi court across the road but changi court looks a bit run down,then i happend to come across tropicana beside shell station...huge units...maisonettes...at reasonable price and looks much nicer...any bro got any views on these apts.....:cool:
I think not bad, near to future DTL3 Upper Changi Station.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/proj_dtl_3.htm

http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/images/Upper-Changi-Station.jpg

howgozit
03-10-11, 22:02
looks good:)

Worsty
03-10-11, 22:42
Location wise, as others have said, future MRT next to it.

If you drive, just a little further down, it's TPE and PIE for access to Pasir Ris, Ponggol, Jurong etc. If you head the other direction, there's ECP at Xilin avenue next to Expo.

The area's quiet most of the time except for when Expo has SITEX, Natas etc at the same time and during evening, the other side towards TPE/Loyang will be jammed.

Beware the overhead bridge just after Expo towards Tropicana though. Hidden camera during the day most of the time. :o

The Shell's your minimart if you're lazy to drive out for groceries.

ecimbew
03-10-11, 22:57
But you have o put up with the noise when it's constructing. Rental will be super good because of nearby companies like SIA. A good buy.

Next to Expo and SUTD!

3-bedroom rents $4000 per month.

howgozit
03-10-11, 23:04
Location wise, as others have said, future MRT next to it.

If you drive, just a little further down, it's TPE and PIE for access to Pasir Ris, Ponggol, Jurong etc. If you head the other direction, there's ECP at Xilin avenue next to Expo.

The area's quiet most of the time except for when Expo has SITEX, Natas etc at the same time and during evening, the other side towards TPE/Loyang will be jammed.

Beware the overhead bridge just after Expo towards Tropicana though. Hidden camera during the day most of the time. :o

The Shell's your minimart if you're lazy to drive out for groceries.

I think the Shell station will be aquired by the garmen.

ecimbew
03-10-11, 23:24
http://www.sutd.edu.sg/cmsresource/campus_life/EastCoast_MasterPlan.jpg

Tropicana is right in the heart of SUTD.

Worsty
03-10-11, 23:26
I think the Shell station will be aquired by the garmen.

Bah! The garmen again. They acquired like 7 stations from my family back in the late 80s/early 90s with minimal payment. A few in D10 if i didn't remember wrongly, was in primary school then.

iwantgizmos
03-10-11, 23:45
Bah! The garmen again. They acquired like 7 stations from my family back in the late 80s/early 90s with minimal payment. A few in D10 if i didn't remember wrongly, was in primary school then.
wah.. your family used to have 7 properties? power la...

Worsty
04-10-11, 00:00
wah.. your family used to have 7 properties? power la...

Used to la..but all kena cheated off by the gahmen...my fave is the one at Beach Road where Parkview square is now. Just outside ERP, next to Bugis Junction and ECP. Can chill by Arab street every night.

radha08
04-10-11, 13:59

7 stations wow....now u buy petrol got discount ah....:D

radha08
04-10-11, 14:01
yup now all i need is wait for $$$ to drop 1.1mil...i consider going in....:cool:

howgozit
04-10-11, 14:05
Wow! Looks like a golf course with fairways and greens.

Btw why are there so many areas mrked "Housing"?

http://www.sutd.edu.sg/cmsresource/campus_life/EastCoast_MasterPlan.jpg

Tropicana is right in the heart of SUTD.

radha08
04-10-11, 14:07
maybe hostel...:cool:

v3chow
24-02-13, 20:49
Just met with this very irresponsible seller from tropicana.....unit was asking for 1.45 mil but initially agreed on 1.4mil by the agent and option to purchase was signed. We also asked if the completion can be completed in 16 weeks instead of 10 in which agent said that she will check with owner who is based in US.

Come the next day and agent replied that we will have to offer more if we want to complete in 16 weeks, so we said we'll stick to 10 weeks....then few hours later agent said that there was another offer from another agent offering 1.4 mil too and asked if we can topped up more to 1.41mil and then will deal.I was a bit pissed at this already but giving them the benefit of doubt I upped it to 1.405mil non nego. Subsequently owner agreed and a new cheque was issued to them and a new option to purchase drafted waiting for him to sign.

Today, after a day when he was supposed to sign and email back the OTP, agent suddenly called and said owner now wants 1.42mil as he felt that the was selling the place too cheaply....luckily my wife was the one who answered the call as I was driving but I was seriously fuming mad. This is a guy who can go back on his words for just 15 thousand dollars. After agreeing on the price, he still had the cheek to ask for more....mind you, if you check the caveat lodge, I literally will break the record for the highest psf paid. This show what kind of integrity this guy possess and his excuse was that there is another unit asking for more....

Just wanna rant as I am still fuming over this. Although I am aware that as long as he have not signed the OTP, he is not legally bound to fulfill his part of the offer even though he may have verbally agreed on the price...what to do....this kind of people do exist...

mcmlxxvi
25-02-13, 10:59
Bro, I feel your pain. I think the owner is just test market and not serious.

Forget it. Keep your money.

There probably isn't really any other offer. Tell the agent now your final offer is 1.39mil. Take it or shove it up his and the owners asses.

radha08
09-03-13, 12:17
bro tell owner go and find spider...after he find he know what to do to the spider.....i HATE these kind of f%^@*rs:simmering: