PDA

View Full Version : Police has nothing better to do?

hyenergix
01-10-11, 14:16
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_718749.html

irisng
01-10-11, 14:56
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_718749.html

There is a law to protect the animals. How about animals that harm human being?

hopeful
01-10-11, 15:02
There is a law to protect the animals. How about animals that harm human being?

animals that attack human being will be put to sleep.
or they will be put on trial :D
http://www.cracked.com/article_17217_7-ridiculous-cases-where-animals-were-put-trial.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_trial

hyenergix
01-10-11, 15:10
Both of u missed my point.

irisng
01-10-11, 15:11
animals that attack human being will be put to sleep.
or they will be put on trial :D
http://www.cracked.com/article_17217_7-ridiculous-cases-where-animals-were-put-trial.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_trial

I wonder whether the animals know what is going on or not.

hyenergix
01-10-11, 15:26
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2010/03/who-is-the-police-suppose-to-protect/

Bird vv Human

blackjack21trader
01-10-11, 15:41
It is not la... I used to stay near Changi and I can tell you the birds there are exotic birds- very colorful wildlife that have flown from elsewhere to find their home here. Once, I saw a very beautiful big blue bird with very long tail and can sing very well in the morning.if you got friends stay in Savannah condo, can ask to stay overnight there and in the morning you will know what I am talking about lor.

I think the police is right to want to find this man lor.
:)

DC33_2008
01-10-11, 15:53
Birds have life like human. We should live in harmony.:)

hyenergix
01-10-11, 17:18
It is not la... I used to stay near Changi and I can tell you the birds there are exotic birds- very colorful wildlife that have flown from elsewhere to find their home here. Once, I saw a very beautiful big blue bird with very long tail and can sing very well in the morning.if you got friends stay in Savannah condo, can ask to stay overnight there and in the morning you will know what I am talking about lor.

I think the police is right to want to find this man lor.
:)

I'm referring to the odd judicial system. While it is important to protect our fauna, the system should prioritise limited security resources to resolve more serious crimimal issues. It might be more useful to involve AVA authorities to look into animal issues.

mantrix
01-10-11, 21:45

+1 :cheers6:

land118
01-10-11, 21:50
"Mata jia pa bo siah cho", police really very free...:D

buttercarp
01-10-11, 22:56
"Mata jia pa bo siah cho", police really very free...:D

Isn't it good?
That means the crime rate is low:) .

land118
01-10-11, 23:29
Isn't it good?
That means the crime rate is low:) .
No Mas Selamat on the run, so very free...back to relax mode.., maybe see walk around park, catch monkeys, see bird, look look see see:D

But don't think crime rates is that much lower, actually in recent years, u would have notice more brutal crimes among FT....

land118
01-10-11, 23:40
Some of the brutal murders among FT in recent times:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/387863/1/.html

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110921-0000333/Cabbys-murder--Chinese-national-gets-death-penalty

http://www.pravasiherald.com/index.php/pravasih/comments/indian_charged_with_murder_in_singapore/

http://www.singapore-window.org/sw06/060629R1.HTM

blackjack21trader
02-10-11, 07:39
I'm referring to the odd judicial system. While it is important to protect our fauna, the system should prioritise limited security resources to resolve more serious crimimal issues. It might be more useful to involve AVA authorities to look into animal issues.

Good suggestion ! I can't believe it never cross my mind that there is AVA ! Every offence that comes to my mind is the typical Singaporean : Call the Police ! LOL

Regulators
02-10-11, 09:38
Everyone should stop eating chicken or any bird and kfc should be banned worldwide. :D

Regulators
02-10-11, 09:41
Some people talk about animal rights like we really care. Go to the abbatoirs and see how they kill the animals and how the pigs, chickens and cows cry for their lives and I don't think anyone would want to eat them again. In fact the entire human race should go vegetarian coz there is all the nutrients we can get from vegetables and meat is unnecessary.

land118
02-10-11, 09:54
Men in blue ...relax..., sleaze in popular tourist spot like this not good ...:doh:

Should isolated just to Geylang...:D

Circular Road area near Boat Quay is latest to get seedy reputation

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_716509.html

acidic.straw
02-10-11, 10:00
Good suggestion ! I can't believe it never cross my mind that there is AVA ! Every offence that comes to my mind is the typical Singaporean : Call the Police ! LOL

Even catch snake call police :doh:

acidic.straw
02-10-11, 10:03

U r right...but under current law, think police dun have much choice else kena public complain...like now kena suan aredy..the law must be changed la

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:13
Why not? We should live as a vegetarian. Go for our digestive system too. Too much energy and toxins in the meat. :)
Everyone should stop eating chicken or any bird and kfc should be banned worldwide. :D

irisng
02-10-11, 10:17
"The police are looking for a man who allegedly injured a bird by throwing objects at it. The incident happened on May 15 at about 7.55am."

Some birds chirping or so call "singing" are really very irritating especially in the early morning when you are stil sleeping, it is just like an alarm clock. :banghead:

I guess the long, curly man in the park must be sleeping and was disturbed by the birds singing, so he threw a stone at them, hoping to stop their irritating noise but unfortunately one of the birds got hit. But at least he picked up the injured bird and put it aside rather than just leave it on the spot. :cool:

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:18
Police is a bit slack these days. Their image is tarnished by some of them that is why they need the Channel 8 police to boost their image. I have encountered once where I found three crooks who were stealing materials from my Dad's factory at 9am on Saturday. I called the police and it took more than 30 minutes to come. They were loading the stuff on the taxi and have no choice but to confront them and gave chase. Police came only after all the action is over. Very sad :doh: .
U r right...but under current law, think police dun have much choice else kena public complain...like now kena suan aredy..the law must be changed la

land118
02-10-11, 10:29
Even catch snake call police :doh:

Police and snake-catchers team up to catch 3-metre python, using boom lift

http://club.stomp.com.sg/stomp/sgseen/this_urban_jungle/591168/police_and_snakecatchers_team_up_to_catch_3metre_python.html?commentsPage=2&commentId=660786&action=stomp_club_report_comment_offensive&tokenKey=stomp_club_report_comment_offensive_660786&token=&article=contentbean:591168&video=

irisng
02-10-11, 10:37
Some of the brutal murders among FT in recent times:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/387863/1/.html

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110921-0000333/Cabbys-murder--Chinese-national-gets-death-penalty

http://www.pravasiherald.com/index.php/pravasih/comments/indian_charged_with_murder_in_singapore/

http://www.singapore-window.org/sw06/060629R1.HTM

Those FT thinks that they are the king/queen in our country. No "strict" laws like their country. Can "suka suka" killl, hit and con people or even "take over" people's husband. I received so many phone calls from the "chinese" asking me where would I like to go travelling etc etc, but when I asked her some further questions, she quickly hanged up the phone.:D

Govt should not just let any "tom & jerry" FT to come into our country to create "havoc" and spoil the images and reputation of our country. If that is not possible, then "educate" them. I ever see some "chinese" snatched the seat inside the bus.

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:54
Just cultural and upbringing differences. They are norm in their countries. Just like when Singaporean migrated to Australia, Australian hates them for increasing the pace of living and compete with them. Shops owned by british close at 5pm but Indian corner shop opens till late night in UK. All these create tension.
Those FT thinks that they are the king/queen in our country. No "strict" laws like their country. Can "suka suka" killl, hit and con people or even "take over" people's husband. I received so many phone calls from the "chinese" asking me where would I like to go travelling etc etc, but when I asked her some further questions, she quickly hanged up the phone.:D

Govt should not just let any "tom & jerry" FT to come into our country to create "havoc" and spoil the images and reputation of our country. If that is not possible, then "educate" them. I ever see some "chinese" snatched the seat inside the bus.

mantrix
02-10-11, 13:35
Why not? We should live as a vegetarian. Go for our digestive system too. Too much energy and toxins in the meat. :)

Agree. If really want to eat meat, be like facebook ceo mark zuckerberg - he has to kill the animal itself if he has the urge to eat meat. Then one can understand the importance of a life, be it in the form of humans or animals.

land118
02-10-11, 13:48
"The police are looking for a man who allegedly injured a bird by throwing objects at it. The incident happened on May 15 at about 7.55am."

Some birds chirping or so call "singing" are really very irritating especially in the early morning when you are stil sleeping, it is just like an alarm clock. :banghead:

I guess the long, curly man in the park must be sleeping and was disturbed by the birds singing, so he threw a stone at them, hoping to stop their irritating noise but unfortunately one of the birds got hit. But at least he picked up the injured bird and put it aside rather than just leave it on the spot. :cool:
Can't believe our Police and Press so "Bo Liao", damn free, no news to cover until give attention and space in our main newspaper for such a story. Like some manhunt for some dangerous armed criminal on the loose like tat!:doh:

irisng
02-10-11, 22:02
Police is a bit slack these days. Their image is tarnished by some of them that is why they need the Channel 8 police to boost their image. I have encountered once where I found three crooks who were stealing materials from my Dad's factory at 9am on Saturday. I called the police and it took more than 30 minutes to come. They were loading the stuff on the taxi and have no choice but to confront them and gave chase. Police came only after all the action is over. Very sad :doh: .

Yup, my brother's office also like that. We have a security camera, captured the thief stealing our goods and we reported to the police. They came and took down the information and also took away the recorded disc. Many years passed, still no news about the outcome.:mad: Unsolved case.:sleep:

irisng
02-10-11, 22:04
Can't believe our Police and Press so "Bo Liao", damn free, no news to cover until give attention and space in our main newspaper for such a story. Like some manhunt for some dangerous armed criminal on the loose like tat!:doh:

The cost for the newspaper space is not cheap le:scared-3:

land118
02-10-11, 22:33
The cost for the newspaper space is not cheap le:scared-3:
Must buy SPH shares and make some noise during AGM why space is not maximize to increase revenue..:D

howgozit
02-10-11, 22:45
Must buy SPH shares and make some noise during AGM why space is not maximize to increase revenue..:D

LOL...:)

But the irony is this. This story managed to capture the readers attention. The fact that we are dicussing 4 pages worth only serves to reinforce the idea that it was newsworthy.

land118
02-10-11, 22:56
LOL...:)

But the irony is this. This story managed to capture the readers attention. The fact that we are dicussing 4 pages worth only serves to reinforce the idea that it was newsworthy.
Ya, Man in Blue sending message that they r not only bird watching in Geylang but also literally protecting birds in S'pore. Don't play play, they are everywhere....and watching...:scared-4:

irisng
07-10-11, 20:48
I wonder whether do the men in blue or their officer read this forum. Today, a group of them came to our building to do a shop to shop survey, checking with us whether do we find any suspicious people around our area. :p This is the 1st time that I have come across since the day when I started working there (>10 yrs). :ashamed1:

hyenergix
07-10-11, 22:36
I wonder whether do the men in blue or their officer read this forum. Today, a group of them came to our building to do a shop to shop survey, checking with us whether do we find any suspicious people around our area. :p This is the 1st time that I have come across since the day when I started working there (>10 yrs). :ashamed1:

MAS SELAMAT escaped again?

irisng
08-10-11, 12:25
MAS SELAMAT escaped again?

Oh not again. Maybe they heard our voice and try to do more things for the human instead of the animals.

ysyap
10-10-11, 14:02
Our police should be busier liao. Another body found at Bedok Reservoir. Sigh! When will this ever stop? Condo prices there how? :scared-4:

irisng
10-10-11, 21:24
Our police should be busier liao. Another body found at Bedok Reservoir. Sigh! When will this ever stop? Condo prices there how? :scared-4:

Don't worry, as time passes, people will tend to forget.:) People will look at the surroundings and units that suit their preference. This preference might cover all those "unlucky" things that once happened before.

You see Geylang ppty, red light area, people also buy. Everybody looks at things differently. Some people prefer locations, some people prefer greenery, some people prefer quiet, some people don't mind about the noise, all these preferences will cover those .......:p

Few weeks back, by chance I saw a blog, a foreigner wrote something like this, "All along my impression of Singapore is a conservative country, I felt disappointed to learn that actually vice is legal in Singapore." :mad:

Just heard the news, 2 cats were being tortured to death, now policemen are trying to locate the killer. Very cruel leh, how can people do such a thing. :tsk-tsk: :mad:

ysyap
10-10-11, 22:32
Don't worry, as time passes, people will tend to forget.:) People will look at the surroundings and units that suit their preference. This preference might cover all those "unlucky" things that once happened before.

You see Geylang ppty, red light area, people also buy. Everybody looks at things differently. Some people prefer locations, some people prefer greenery, some people prefer quiet, some people don't mind about the noise, all these preferences will cover those .......:p
Never worried if there'll be people buying. Geylang ppty is among the cheapest in S'pore for a good reason. Its how low can the price scoop? LOL! Anyway, agreed that its about perspective... :cheers1:

hyenergix
10-10-11, 22:36

Few weeks back, by chance I saw a blog, a foreigner wrote something like this, "All along my impression of Singapore is a conservative country, I felt disappointed to learn that actually vice is legal in Singapore." :mad:

Just heard the news, 2 cats were being tortured to death, now policemen are trying to locate the killer. Very cruel leh, how can people do such a thing. :tsk-tsk: :mad:

You better don't use or eat any animal products. In animal world, most predators eat their prey alive.

zzz1
11-10-11, 00:56
did any body asked for the reservoir to be replace with fresh water this time ?

ysyap
11-10-11, 10:59
did any body asked for the reservoir to be replace with fresh water this time ?I'm more concerned about the fact that this reservoir has become a favorite spot for people who are not thinking straight. One after another, those who are entertaining such sick thoughts are seeing others plunging in and so gaining that confidence and momentum. I'm quite sickly sure that someone out there who's struggling with life is watching this latest death and starting to think about it too. Sigh! :scared-3:

hopeful
11-10-11, 11:28
I'm more concerned about the fact that this reservoir has become a favorite spot for people who are not thinking straight. One after another, those who are entertaining such sick thoughts are seeing others plunging in and so gaining that confidence and momentum. I'm quite sickly sure that someone out there who's struggling with life is watching this latest death and starting to think about it too. Sigh! :scared-3:
That's because the success rate is high. Even the Indian man refused to be saved. Is it because "someone" is calling to him?

Those who threatened to jump down from high building most of the time kena persuaded to be led to safety, success rate for this method is kind of low.

IMO, drowning requires more willpower, because it takes willpower to stay underwater. if no willpower, person will go back to surface for air.

irisng
11-10-11, 22:26
You better don't use or eat any animal products. In animal world, most predators eat their prey alive.

Unfortunately I'm not a vegetarian. I eat meat too because I didn't see how it was being KILLED ALIVE, I don't even have the courage to kill crabs but I kill ants and mosquitoes, hehe. :D

irisng
11-10-11, 22:38
[quote=hopeful]That's because the success rate is high. Even the Indian man refused to be saved. Is it because "someone" is calling to him?

Actually I was thinking of that too. Could it be "possessed", but hope that it is not. Previously it was MRT suicide and now reservoir suicide, sign....:mad:

zzz1
11-10-11, 23:32
I'm more concerned about the fact that this reservoir has become a favorite spot for people who are not thinking straight. One after another, those who are entertaining such sick thoughts are seeing others plunging in and so gaining that confidence and momentum. I'm quite sickly sure that someone out there who's struggling with life is watching this latest death and starting to think about it too. Sigh! :scared-3:

some places are just being 'promt' for such things...called it coincidence or supernatural is just debatable,,,

ysyap
13-10-11, 06:35
A security guard was found dead at a Serangoon North condominium (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=serangoon+north+&fr=ush-globalnews) swimming pool on Tuesday.

According to Shin Min Daily, Bai Xuan An's body was found floating in the pool at around 6:20am.

By the time Singapore Civil Defence Force (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=singapore+civil+defence+force&fr=ush-globalnews) officers arrived at 6:35am, Bai was pronounced dead.

Bai had gone to the condominium to visit a friend the night before.

The 53-year-old left behind six suicide notes (http://sg.search.yahoo.com/search?p=singapore+suicide&fr=ush-globalnews), written in English, which were addressed to his wife and two children.

The Chinese tabloid reported Bai telling his wife that he saw "white spirits" floating around, and instructed her on how to set up an altar in case he died.

Police have classified the case as an 'unnatural death' and investigations are ongoing.

hyenergix
13-10-11, 07:19
As the households become smaller, more foreigners in our environment and more competitive studies and work, I expect more people to be highly stressed out. Mental patients or suicides should be on the rise. In the past it was jumping from high rise buildings, then suicide on MRT tracks became more fashionable, and the latest trend is drowning in the water bodies.

irisng
13-10-11, 08:21
As the households become smaller, more foreigners in our environment and more competitive studies and work, I expect more people to be highly stressed out. Mental patients or suicides should be on the rise. In the past it was jumping from high rise buildings, then suicide on MRT tracks became more fashionable, and the latest trend is drowning in the water bodies.

Sad case. I have a friend also suffering from depression, not on money issue but on adultery issue. Her husband was taken over by the "China girl". She had tried to use a pen knife to cut her wrist a few times but not successful. Luckily her mother realised early. Not only her, I have 2 other friends, husband also like that, end up divorce.:hell-hath-no-fury:

ysyap
13-10-11, 13:07
Sad case. I have a friend also suffering from depression, not on money issue but on adultery issue. Her husband was taken over by the "China girl". She had tried to use a pen knife to cut her wrist a few times but not successful. Luckily her mother realised early. Not only her, I have 2 other friends, husband also like that, end up divorce.:hell-hath-no-fury:Sad sad case...
Few questions to ask:

1. Welcoming foreigners? What type of foreigners? Those who don't share the common values of our country? Those who don't give a second thought about going for personal gains at the expense of another person's marital happiness? (Doubtless to say even Singaporean girls are equally capable of doing that but so far, all the cases I've heard revolve around foreign women :scared-3:)
2. A wayward man (and for that matter, a wayward wife) may be a reflection of the relationship between both husband and wife. I know of a guy who's seeking mental treatment coz his wife gave him the 'green' hat.
3. When govt is pushing for higher birth rate, they must also be equally vigilant in controlling such marital woes.

:doh:

DC33_2008
13-10-11, 14:19
It is a different society now. Cannot resist temptation. :(
Sad sad case...
Few questions to ask:

1. Welcoming foreigners? What type of foreigners? Those who don't share the common values of our country? Those who don't give a second thought about going for personal gains at the expense of another person's marital happiness? (Doubtless to say even Singaporean girls are equally capable of doing that but so far, all the cases I've heard revolve around foreign women :scared-3:)
2. A wayward man (and for that matter, a wayward wife) may be a reflection of the relationship between both husband and wife. I know of a guy who's seeking mental treatment coz his wife gave him the 'green' hat.
3. When govt is pushing for higher birth rate, they must also be equally vigilant in controlling such marital woes.

:doh:

hopeful
13-10-11, 14:30
I know of a guy who's seeking mental treatment coz his wife gave him the 'green' hat. ...

PM me his wife's number. Want to give her a good scolding. ;)

ysyap
13-10-11, 17:28
PM me his wife's number. Want to give her a good scolding. ;)Don't have the number... :hell-hath-no-fury: If have I already scold her liao! :spliff:

irisng
13-10-11, 18:42
Don't have the number... :hell-hath-no-fury: If have I already scold her liao! :spliff:

Haha, no number, use facebook loh, that's what my friend did.:D

One of my friends told me that her colleagues from Beijing and Shanghai asked her not to relate them to those from the "village", because one of her colleague's brother marry a "China girl" and after married, asked her mother to shift out. His sister wanted to buy over the house so that her mother can still stay there but her brother told her that he cannot sell her cheap cheap.:doh: What medicine did those "girls" give the men until they are so submissive.:simmering:

ysyap
13-10-11, 22:08

One of my friends told me that her colleagues from Beijing and Shanghai asked her not to relate them to those from the "village", because one of her colleague's brother marry a "China girl" and after married, asked her mother to shift out. His sister wanted to buy over the house so that her mother can still stay there but her brother told her that he cannot sell her cheap cheap.:doh: What medicine did those "girls" give the men until they are so submissive.:simmering:Hmmm... fishy indeed... but before we become too judgmental, I suppose these guys also asking for it by not refusing the gals in the very first place. So play play slowly become trapped! Worse case is those find China wives through agencies... no play play but also kana trapped! :banghead:

land118
13-10-11, 22:13
What medicine did those "girls" give the men until they are so submissive.:simmering:

Some herbal body juice....:D

land118
13-10-11, 22:18
What medicine did those "girls" give the men until they are so submissive.:simmering:

Some herbal body juice....:D

irisng
15-10-11, 12:43
http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Singapore/Story/A1Story20111012-304612.html

howgozit
16-10-11, 00:47

One of my friends told me that her colleagues from Beijing and Shanghai asked her not to relate them to those from the "village", because one of her colleague's brother marry a "China girl" and after married, asked her mother to shift out. His sister wanted to buy over the house so that her mother can still stay there but her brother told her that he cannot sell her cheap cheap.:doh: What medicine did those "girls" give the men until they are so submissive.:simmering:

Aiyah... most men actually only want to drink milk outside but end up buying a cow and bringing it home....:(