PDA

View Full Version : House Numbers ??

Santro
25-09-11, 12:13
Just wondering how many of you are very particular about house numbers. Do you strictly avoid house containing number 4. I know that 4 and 14 are not considered lucky but see some good opportunities where owners of units with numbers/level 4 and 14 selling lower than other units.
I was looking around and saw some landed with house no 41, 64 and 46. Would you buy a house with these numbers.
Personally, my first HDB was no 24 and this was very lucky for me but now considering condo/landed where investment is higher. Would you go for a landed house with say house no 46 if it fits your requirements. I am not very superstitious but my only concern is disposing it next time would be a challenge.

devilplate
25-09-11, 12:23
Just wondering how many of you are very particular about house numbers. Do you strictly avoid house containing number 4. I know that 4 and 14 are not considered lucky but see some good opportunities where owners of units with numbers/level 4 and 14 selling lower than other units.
I was looking around and saw some landed with house no 41, 64 and 46. Would you buy a house with these numbers.
Personally, my first HDB was no 24 and this was very lucky for me but now considering condo/landed where investment is higher. Would you go for a landed house with say house no 46 if it fits your requirements. I am not very superstitious but my only concern is disposing it next time would be a challenge.
Buy cheap sell to indians nxt time lor....mabe east coast area wif number 4 goodie:D

Santro
25-09-11, 12:27
hahaha..Difficult to limit like that mah for landed :) . 2 bedder condo or HDB can..

Buy cheap sell to indians nxt time lor....mabe east coast area wif number 4 goodie:D

mantrix
25-09-11, 12:43
4 is lucky number in western culture because of the rare 4 leaf clover

Also, numbers ending with 4 is good for some as they like even numbers...

In numerology it's not a bad number too, keeps you grounded :D

ysyap
25-09-11, 12:55
Some like 44 cos its a pair and its good fortune. Shi shi shun li. :spliff:

devilplate
25-09-11, 13:11
How abt 104, 164?

jwong71
25-09-11, 13:23
How abt 104, 164?

i also heard that the numbers add up, not to have a 4. etc #08-06.

land118
25-09-11, 13:44
hahaha..Difficult to limit like that mah for landed :) . 2 bedder condo or HDB can..
There are many discussions in this forum in the past, u may read the thread under "Feng Shui"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11197&highlight=Feng+shui

land118
25-09-11, 13:51
More house number discussion thread:

"does 4 command discounts?"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10702&highlight=House+number

Happy reading...

land118
25-09-11, 13:56
Just wondering how many of you are very particular about house numbers. Do you strictly avoid house containing number 4. ...

Would you go for a landed house with say house no 46 if it fits your requirements. I am not very superstitious but my only concern is disposing it next time would be a challenge.

House number is 1 of the key point listed under this article:

"anatomy of a Good home buy"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9059&highlight=House+number

Santro
25-09-11, 14:13
Thanks Bro.
A house with no 83 was snapped up within 1 day at open house but a better unit with number 46 still waiting for sale.
Considering population majority and since landed are usually targetted by Singaporeans, dont know whether should really go for it.

House number is 1 of the key point listed under this article:

"anatomy of a Good home buy"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9059&highlight=House+number

devilplate
25-09-11, 15:31
Thanks Bro.
A house with no 83 was snapped up within 1 day at open house but a better unit with number 46 still waiting for sale.
Considering population majority and since landed are usually targetted by Singaporeans, dont know whether should really go for it.
Frankly, i dun mind 46....but i mind 104,14,24,164,4,134,44

buttercarp
25-09-11, 15:38
13 also some Chinese don't cos it adds up to 4.
74, 174 may also be a taboo cos of how it sounds in Chinese.

But frankly if you like the house, it really doesn't matter, and it really depends on the person in the house, as in the number may sound inauspicious but it may be good for the person.

sfwoo
25-09-11, 15:51
13 also some Chinese don't cos it adds up to 4.
74, 174 may also be a taboo cos of how it sounds in Chinese.

But frankly if you like the house, it really doesn't matter, and it really depends on the person in the house, as in the number may sound inauspicious but it may be good for the person.

Once I viewed a house for sale no. 44.

The house was furnished but everything dusty and dirty. Owner went overseas said agent. But house very YIN. The furnishings were expensive rosewood. To me it appeared the owner left in a hurry. Not wanting to come back.

On top of this the house stood at T junction, right at the T part.

Dare not buy.

mantrix
25-09-11, 15:54

What about 1024 or 1034? Or 1044?

buttercarp
25-09-11, 16:03

The house was furnished but everything dusty and dirty. Owner went overseas said agent. But house very YIN. The furnishings were expensive rosewood. To me it appeared the owner left in a hurry. Not wanting to come back.

Dare not buy.

Sounds scary.... Don't know what happen to the owner right?
Last time I also saw a house without the owner, agent said owner staying in another place. I saw some family pictures. Owner young with kid. In the end I did not buy. I'd rather see the house with the owner in it.

Hey, so T junction is taboo?
My future place is at the T junction, but it is a small road.
It was the last unit there and developer gave slight discount. Initially I thought to myself no way I am gonna buy the unit. But when I went to the exact site where the house will be built, I was smitten by the view of the openess of the T junction.

devilplate
25-09-11, 16:05
What about 1024 or 1034? Or 1044?
10-34 sounds alrite haha

10-04 i siam aso.....

sfwoo
25-09-11, 16:10
Last time I also saw a house without the owner, agent said owner staying in another place. I saw some family pictures. Owner young with kid. In the end I did not buy. I'd rather see the house with the owner in it.

It was the last unit there and developer gave slight discount. Initially I thought to myself no way I am gonna buy the unit. But when I went to the exact site where the house will be built, I was smitten by the view of the openess of the T junction.

T junction got a lot of SHA QI directed at you.
Get feng shui people to counter it.

Santro
25-09-11, 16:17
If smaller condo unit/HDB then I feel location will be more important. Can still get PR/foreigner to buy/rent it.:)
Landed is something thats tricky.

Santro
25-09-11, 16:23
Last time hear from a agent that t-junction is considered not lucky. He was actually trying to sell me a house next to the t-junction by talking bad about the neighbour unit.:tsk-tsk:

buttercarp
25-09-11, 16:25
If smaller condo unit/HDB then I feel location will be more important. Can still get PR/foreigner to buy/rent it.:)
Landed is something thats tricky.
Why is it tricky?

irisng
25-09-11, 16:26
4 is lucky number in western culture because of the rare 4 leaf clover

Also, numbers ending with 4 is good for some as they like even numbers...

In numerology it's not a bad number too, keeps you grounded :D

Just like Chinese New Year Hong Bao, isn't most people also give $4 to friends' children or "not so-close" relatives. It is a bit contradicting, we accept or give $4 for CNY Hong Bao but couldn't really accept Unit No.04-xx or xx-04.:D

Santro
25-09-11, 16:30
Landed is mostly targeted by locals, majority chinese. So have to consider this as a important factor if need to sell later. :)

Why is it tricky?

buttercarp
25-09-11, 16:34
Last time hear from a agent that t-junction is considered not lucky. He was actually trying to sell me a house next to the t-junction by talking bad about the neighbour unit.:tsk-tsk:
I guess it is the general belief that T junction not good, especially if it is at a busy cross junction. But if small lane, then should be okay. However since it is a prefixed idea that it is not good, then I guess my resale would be not so good also.
So maybe have to sell to non chinese if I ever sell.
Last time my HDB flat was directly opposite my neighbor, and the corridor was a very long, a Malay family bought over my unit. I sold it within 10days at a reasonable price.

Santro
25-09-11, 16:41
I agree. My HDB unit .. 1024 snapped up in 1 day and must admit very lucky for me as it was my first home.
I saw some houses, very scary interior with big frog statue and dont know what and the agent say all designed according to Feng Shui :doh: .
Since the $$ quantum in landed is higher thats why confused.

I guess it is the general belief that T junction not good, especially if it is at a busy cross junction. But if small lane, then should be okay. However since it is a prefixed idea that it is not good, then I guess my resale would be not so good also.
So maybe have to sell to non chinese if I ever sell.
Last time my HDB flat was directly opposite my neighbor, and the corridor was a very long, a Malay family bought over my unit. I sold it within 10days at a reasonable price.

buttercarp
25-09-11, 16:49
I agree. My HDB unit .. 1024 snapped up in 1 day and must admit very lucky for me as it was my first home.
I saw some houses, very scary interior with big frog statue and dont know what and the agent say all designed according to Feng Shui :doh: .
Since the $$ quantum in landed is higher thats why confused.

Does it look something like this, the frog structure?
http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1896898_f260.jpg

I google search and found out that the 3legged toad is supposed to bring the owner wealth:) .

Santro
25-09-11, 16:54
haha..yes.. thats the one. And there were a lot of similar things all over the place. Really make you doubt if something is wrong with the place if all the items are moved out.

Does it look something like this, the frog structure?
http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1896898_f260.jpg

I google search and found out that the 3legged toad is supposed to bring the owner wealth:) .

buttercarp
25-09-11, 17:00
haha..yes.. thats the one. And there were a lot of similar things all over the place. Really make you doubt if something is wrong with the place if all the items are moved out.

Then if you are interested in the house, and are into feng shui, then request to have the things included as well:p .

Santro
25-09-11, 17:02
Nah..not interested in Feng Shui. Prefer to keep things simple. :)

Then if you are interested in the house, and are into feng shui, then request to have the things included as well:p .

ysyap
25-09-11, 17:04
More house number discussion thread:

"does 4 command discounts?"

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10702&highlight=House+number

Happy reading...I know some people offered higher price to buy #04-04 from my condo. Wow! :rolleyes:

land118
25-09-11, 20:37

Dare not buy.

Seen 2 houses with 44 "ru yi" behind, quite common owner must have use Feng Shui consultant to advise..

land118
25-09-11, 20:40
I know some people offered higher price to buy #04-04 from my condo. Wow! :rolleyes:
Good for u...., for some people, maybe Feng Shui say their ba zi need or they have affection for the number...

buttercarp
25-09-11, 20:41
Seen 2 houses with 44 ru yi behind, quite common owner must have use Feng Shui consultant to advise..

I don't get you.
You mean the address outside the house, they put the words Ru Yi after the number 44?

TKT
25-09-11, 20:50
#16-04 any comments?

:cheers1:

land118
25-09-11, 20:58
I don't get you.
You mean the address outside the house, they put the words Ru Yi after the number 44?
Yes, the house number signage, have "ru yi" after the 44

buttercarp
25-09-11, 20:59
#16-04 any comments?

I don't see anything wrong with the number.

Perhaps need to ask devilplate why he minds 164.

devilplate
25-09-11, 21:19

U noe y 168 car number so so popular....:2cents: :p

mantrix
25-09-11, 21:24
#16-04 any comments?

If you count 0 as 10 then it adds up to 21

I like :D

Your unit no.?

lifeline
25-09-11, 21:25
I don't get you.

they want it to mean 事事如意 , or even 世世如意 .

buttercarp
25-09-11, 21:32
What about 115?

lifeline
25-09-11, 21:54
What about 115?

not sure about this - maybe a combo of yak yak (cantonese for everyday) and wu (hokkien for have). this is if you want the meaning to be good; can make it negative as well. :D

or grain = good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_115

azeoprop
25-09-11, 21:56
Actually number 4 is not a bad number in terms of fengshui. The exact house number good or bad depends highly on the 8 characters of the owner. The general enviromental fengshui has a more significant effect than house number.

Found a simple but interesting free house number analysis here:
www.geomancy.net (http://www.geomancy.net)

:p

westman
25-09-11, 21:59
I think nos can be a big concern for older generation...but less significant to younger generation...

My family ever bought one unit with damn ugly number...#01-24...bought at very cheap price though...

Also, my previous own stay unit number also damn ugly too... #05-44, that unit sold within two weeks on listing...to a mid 30s couple.
:2cents:

land118
25-09-11, 22:23
Actually number 4 is not a bad number in terms of fengshui. The exact house number good or bad depends highly on the 8 characters of the owner. The general enviromental fengshui has a more significant effect than house number.

Found a simple but interesting free house number analysis here:
www.geomancy.net (http://www.geomancy.net)

:p
Ya, actual analysis depend on ba Zi,etc. But most of us are layman, so unfortunately, most will perceive "8" are good number and "4" as less auspicious...

buttercarp
25-09-11, 22:34
not sure about this - maybe a combo of yak yak (cantonese for everyday) and wu (hokkien for have). this is if you want the meaning to be good; can make it negative as well. :D

or grain = good.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_115

Yeah!
I guess it's good to look at things in the positive light.
Grain is good.....everyday got rice:) to eat.

TKT
25-09-11, 22:35
If you count 0 as 10 then it adds up to 21

I like :D

Your unit no.?

My bro's ... :) :)

SGP
26-09-11, 14:00
My new house no. is 45, which adds up to 9. According to my boss who is into all these, it's good wor! We didn't even think about the significance of numbers when we bought the house.

devilplate
26-09-11, 14:14
My new house no. is 45, which adds up to 9. According to my boss who is into all these, it's good wor! We didn't even think about the significance of numbers when we bought the house.
45 ok wat:cheers6:

Santro
26-09-11, 19:50
Yes, looking at it the one I am looking at, 46 - adds upto 10 and then in turn 1. :)

land118
26-09-11, 19:54
Yes, looking at it the one I am looking at, 46 - adds upto 10 and then in turn 1. :)
48 taken I presume?

Santro
26-09-11, 20:24
Yes. Owner occupied. Am looking at resale landed. Is 48 better than 46?

48 taken I presume?

irisng
26-09-11, 21:10

I presume it is "164" = "一路死" (if pronounce in Cantonese):scared-4:

How about signing of the contract, does the date matter also?

land118
26-09-11, 21:22
Yes. Owner occupied. Am looking at resale landed. Is 48 better than 46?
For layman, 48 mean, Die Die Huat ma in Cantonese...

evergreen
26-09-11, 21:25
The unit or house number does not affect fengshui. Such beliefs are based on superstition. Only the level (may not be the same as floor number because of empty levels) in an apartment building is matched against a person's bazi.
I would expect a discounted price on property with "inauspicious" number because it might be more difficult to sell.

land118
26-09-11, 21:54
The unit or house number does not affect fengshui. Such beliefs are based on superstition. Only the level (may not be the same as floor number because of empty levels) in an apartment building is matched against a person's bazi.
I would expect a discounted price on property with "inauspicious" number because it might be more difficult to sell.
Ideally, I personally would want house number to be auspicious ( like with number 8) in layman terminology and also matching with Ba Zi...:D

irisng
26-09-11, 22:54
My ex-supervisor ever told me that he wanted to choose a flat with Block No. 888, 8th floor and Unit No. also with an 8 but the fengshui master told him not to because he does not have such luck to accept so many "8" in his life. In the end, he chose Block 889 but still level 8.

land118
27-09-11, 06:59
My ex-supervisor ever told me that he wanted to choose a flat with Block No. 888, 8th floor and Unit No. also with an 8 but the fengshui master told him not to because he does not have such luck to accept so many "8" in his life. In the end, he chose Block 889 but still level 8.
Years ago, Feng Shui master told me that while 888 is lucky & good for me, but I would need to work very hard like a cow ploughing the fields, so can't take 3x 8s, end up I can choose numbers ending 8 or 88 in general. But in really, it is not easy to find house with 8 or double 8. For condo, it may be harder to find block and unit number with all 8s. :D

mantrix
27-09-11, 07:21
Years ago, Feng Shui master told me that while 888 is lucky & good for me, but I would need to work very hard like a cow ploughing the fields, so can't take 3x 8s, end up I can choose numbers ending 8 or 88 in general. But in really, it is not easy to find house with 8 or double 8. For condo, it may be harder to find block and unit number with all 8s. :D

I noticed some landed, for example, if they are beside no.46, instead of calling themselves 47, they call themselves 46A or 46B

Allowed meh? Maybe the 'B' looks like an eight? :D

ysyap
27-09-11, 07:53
I noticed some landed, for example, if they are beside no.46, instead of calling themselves 47, they call themselves 46A or 46B

Allowed meh? Maybe the 'B' looks like an eight? :DLike that also can! My block also got a B so its an 8... So house number with 8 can also be interpreted as B. Hahahaha! :cheers1:

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 08:33
It was probably one lot with two houses built on it. Cannot just add a A, B or C.

Allowed meh? Maybe the 'B' looks like an eight? :D

mantrix
27-09-11, 08:43
It was probably one lot with two houses built on it. Cannot just add a A, B or C.

No leh most times they are different families

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 08:47
For example, Developer bought the bungalow and sold as 2 semi-Ds.
No leh most times they are different families

mantrix
27-09-11, 08:50
For example, Developer bought the bungalow and sold as 2 semi-Ds.

yeah that makes sense then :banghead:

land118
27-09-11, 10:12

Allowed meh? Maybe the 'B' looks like an eight? :DYes, if approved by BCA. Example, original detached house is Number 4, developer bought it and subdivided into 2 Semi-D. One is called Number 4, 2nd house is called Number 4A. Quite common.

A friend of mine, bought such a unit, Number 4, his neighbour occupy 4A.

So if plot is big enough, developer could divide into 3 units, 2 corner terrace and 1 inter. Last unit could be called 4B then.

howgozit
27-09-11, 16:27
So if this lucky numbering thingy was true, we could just drive to any HDB estate and go to the carpark of any Blk 168 and we will find it filled with BMWs, Mercedes, Audis...etc.

Then from here, we drive 4 blocks away to Blk 164, but don't get out of your car just yet... be careful... look up first, there may be people jumping out of the flats...

Hahaha... unfortunately us Asians are a superstitious bunch and these so called "lucky" and "unlucky" numbered properties have impacted their pricing.

devilplate
27-09-11, 17:03
So if this lucky numbering thingy was true, we could just drive to any HDB estate and go to the carpark of any Blk 168 and we will find it filled with BMWs, Mercedes, Audis...etc.

Then from here, we drive 4 blocks away to Blk 164, but don't get out of your car just yet... be careful... look up first, there may be people jumping out of the flats...

Hahaha... unfortunately us Asians are a superstitious bunch and these so called "lucky" and "unlucky" numbered properties have impacted their pricing.
Its ego problem playing a part too la....and singaporeans very clever at criticising others wat

Let say u bot a new hse wif number 104, den u hold a house warming....ur frens start to comment on ur hse number 'yi ding siiiiiiiii' how u feel?

If its 108 or 168, u will get compliments instead....wah nice hse number!

Get it?:p

howgozit
27-09-11, 18:23
Its ego problem playing a part too la....and singaporeans very clever at criticising others wat

Let say u bot a new hse wif number 104, den u hold a house warming....ur frens start to comment on ur hse number 'yi ding siiiiiiiii' how u feel?

To me, that is unfortunate but true..... :(

land118
27-09-11, 20:46

Fully agree, well said!

Imagine, u bought 104 but throw sumptuous house warming with your new Ferrari at the car porch, still there will be some who will comment: "so rich, spent so much on this house, wonder why they choose such a lousy number?" End of the day, even if u are not superstitious , u also feel lousy...

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 20:51
Have been staying at house no. 13 and quite happy there. Any views?

land118
27-09-11, 21:04

Seem more angmo thing like Friday the 13?

http://www.feng-shui-tips-for-wealth.com/feng-shui-house-numbers.html

Extract:

"Interestingly, Chinese also learn from the Western that the number 13 will bring a string of bad luck. Therefore, some Chinese hotels are often missing the thirteenth floor. In some hotel, when you get on an elevator and pass the floor number 12,, you will not find yourself on the 14th, but on the 15th floor. Your probably know why - because 14 is as inauspicious as 13."

land118
27-09-11, 21:06

Another version:

http://www.absolutelyfengshui.com/fengshui/feng-shui-house-number.php

"The numbers would have different meaning in different cultures. For example in the West, the number 13 is considered unlucky. However to the Chinese the number 13 is acceptable as it sounds like ‘sure live’ implying a long life" :D

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 21:12
I am not westerner or a christian. Not too bad with my investment and striking lottery quite often. I guess not bad for my family. :spliff:
Another version:

http://www.absolutelyfengshui.com/fengshui/feng-shui-house-number.php

"The numbers would have different meaning in different cultures. For example in the West, the number 13 is considered unlucky. However to the Chinese the number 13 is acceptable as it sounds like ‘sure live’ implying a long life" :D

land118
27-09-11, 21:17
I am not westerner or a christian. Not too bad with my investment and striking lottery quite often. I guess not bad for my family. :spliff:
Ya, good 4 u!

howgozit
27-09-11, 22:02
Fully agree, well said!

Imagine, u bought 104 but throw sumptuous house warming with your new Ferrari at the car porch, still there will be some who will comment: "so rich, spent so much on this house, wonder why they choose such a lousy number?" End of the day, even if u are not superstitious , u also feel lousy...

Haha... this reminds me of something a friend once told me.

He is staying in an original condition old semi-d in a good area with the nbr 14. Land area and built-up is big but just not done up. One day while standing outside his house in his shorts and singlet after taking out the trash, a brand new black Mercedes E250 drove by and stopped outside his house. The car's licence plate was 14.

The driver stepped out and said to him "I like your house number, it matches my car, I want to buy your house, how much?".

To which my friend replied " How about this... I like your car number, it matches my house, I want to buy your car, how much?"

The driver then peered into my friend's car porch and saw that there were 2 brand new cars parked inside. One was a BMW 740 and the other was a Ferrari 599, both had the 14 on their licence plate. Sheepishly, the driver apologised for disturbing him and went on his way.

Believe or not this is a true story.

howgozit
27-09-11, 22:28
Just my 1 cent opinion on this, hope it causes no offence to anyone..

The Chinese has a long Fengshui tradition and history, thousands of years...... Now if this Fengshui thingy works, then this forum will be in Chinese. Mandarin will be the linga franca of the world, the UN will be in Beijing and RMB is the currency of the global economy.

Why?... bcoz the Chinese would have dominated the world thousands of years ago and continue to dominate it. If you have been to Beijing, you will see that the Forbidden City, Summer Palace...etc were all built to the highest fengshui standards. The number of pillars, steps, facing....etc adheres strictly to fengshui principles. When emperors enthrone, special dates down to the specific time of day are specially calculated from the almanac to ensure that the emperor's reign is a long and prosperous one.

So.... how did it work out for the Chinese?... Now mind you, I would expect the imperial palace would be consulting the highest order Fenshui master of its day not just some fly-by-night fortune teller.

I would take all this superstition with a pinch of salt.... I mean a pound of salt. I would not feel lousy at all if somebody does not like my house number because of a superstition.

Having said that, I recognise that many people do believe in it. And thus for the purpose of re-sale and value retention/appreciation, I do take the house number into consideration. If I am buying into a "bad" house number, I'll press the seller for steep discounts. If I'm selling a "good" house number, I'll praise it sky high. Do I really believe in it..... no.

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:39
This is normal. We are afterall "human".
Just my 1 cent opinion on this, hope it causes no offence to anyone..

The Chinese has a long Fengshui tradition and history, thousands of years...... Now if this Fengshui thingy works, then this forum will be in Chinese. Mandarin will be the linga franca of the world, the UN will be in Beijing and RMB is the currency of the global economy.

Why?... bcoz the Chinese would have dominated the world thousands of years ago and continue to dominate it. If you have been to Beijing, you will see that the Forbidden City, Summer Palace...etc were all built to the highest fengshui standards. The number of pillars, steps, facing....etc adheres strictly to fengshui principles. When emperors enthrone, special dates down to the specific time of day are specially calculated from the almanac to ensure that the emperor's reign is a long and prosperous one.

So.... how did it work out for the Chinese?... Now mind you, I would expect the imperial palace would be consulting the highest order Fenshui master of its day not just some fly-by-night fortune teller.

I would take all this superstition with a pinch of salt.... I mean a pound of salt. I would not feel lousy at all if somebody does not like my house number because of a superstition.

Having said that, I recognise that many people do believe in it. And thus for the purpose of re-sale and value retention/appreciation, I do take the house number into consideration. If I am buying into a "bad" house number, I'll press the seller for steep discounts. If I'm selling a "good" house number, I'll praise it sky high. Do I really believe in it..... no.

land118
28-09-11, 00:57
Haha... this reminds me of something a friend once told me.

He is staying in an original condition old semi-d in a good area with the nbr 14. Land area and built-up is big but just not done up. One day while standing outside his house in his shorts and singlet after taking out the trash, a brand new black Mercedes E250 drove by and stopped outside his house. The car's licence plate was 14.

The driver stepped out and said to him "I like your house number, it matches my car, I want to buy your house, how much?".

To which my friend replied " How about this... I like your car number, it matches my house, I want to buy your car, how much?"

The driver then peered into my friend's car porch and saw that there were 2 brand new cars parked inside. One was a BMW 740 and the other was a Ferrari 599, both had the 14 on their licence plate. Sheepishly, the driver apologised for disturbing him and went on his way.

Believe or not this is a true story.

Remind of my good friend who's parents stay in house number 40, and the cars all have licence plate 40..., and they are those who are also the Feng shui/"Pang Tan" type...

buttercarp
28-09-11, 13:19
My mother in law's neighbour bought a house at a T junction. After a few years, he prospered and went on to buy another 2 semi D's.

devilplate
28-09-11, 13:24
My mother in law's neighbour bought a house at a T junction. After a few years, he prospered and went on to buy another 2 semi D's.
As i said, ppl wud go for nice numbers for 'face'

Very often u see big cars with nice numbers....they will bid 50-100k just to get their desired number.....feel shiok and ego factor la....sg is a very mercenary society:hell-hath-no-fury:

buttercarp
28-09-11, 13:35

Very often u see big cars with nice numbers....they will bid 50-100k just to get their desired number.....feel shiok and ego factor la....sg is a very mercenary society:hell-hath-no-fury:

Hahaha.....my car plate is 4007.
So it is "for 007"..... i imagine i am James Bond, so cool!
No need to bid one.

howgozit
28-09-11, 15:50

Hong Kong is worse.... aiyah... basically a Chinese thing lah...

But to each his own. If a certain number makes you feel good and you can afford it.. why not?

For cars, the best number I have seen in Singapore is not 8888 or 168.

It was ER 1 C. Put closely it looked like ERIC.

If my name was Eric, I would surely bid for a licence plate like that. :)

land118
28-09-11, 16:01

But to each his own. If a certain number makes you feel good and you can afford it.. why not?

If my name was Eric, I would surely bid for a licence plate like that. :) U r right, important is BUY must feel good for whatever reason, :D if don't feel good, don't buy...:D

buttercarp
28-09-11, 17:24

If my name was Eric, I would surely bid for a licence plate like that. :)

How about EV 1 L (evil) :hell-hath-no-fury: or EL 110 T (Elliot).

Santro
28-09-11, 21:27
;) All the rash drivers will bid for EV1L. I saw one number very nice.
EA5Y ...looks like EASY :cool: !!!

How about EV 1 L (evil) :hell-hath-no-fury: or EL 110 T (Elliot).

howgozit
28-09-11, 21:41
;) All the rash drivers will bid for EV1L. I saw one number very nice.
EA5Y ...looks like EASY :cool: !!!

I think EV1L would look good on a flaming red Ferrari.

Imagine having it on a Toyota Altis... no offence to Altis drivers... but it would look to tame to have a licence like that.

EA5Y would look good on yellow Volkswagen Beetle Cabriolet, imagine the driver cruising with the top down, one arm one the steering and the other resting over the door...

:)

irisng
28-09-11, 22:24
For once, my husband pager no. was "9494xxxx". This number was given by his company to him. Ever since he had this pager, the number kept on appearing on the 4D. My father-in-law striked many times but not us because we seldom buy "4D".

Will a person's lucky number changes every now and then. One fengshui master told me this number and another one told me another number.:doh:

westman
28-09-11, 22:43
For once, my husband pager no. was "9494xxxx". This number was given by his company to him. Ever since he had this pager, the number kept on appearing on the 4D. My father-in-law striked many times but not us because we seldom buy "4D".

Will a person's lucky number changes every now and then. One fengshui master told me this number and another one told me another number.:doh:

From house no to pager... :spliff:
Chip in a story of mine...

My paget number was 9x000002 and whenever I try to leave my pg number to enable someone to contact me via pager, I have difficult to remember how many zero I've mentioned. Likewise, my counterpart also have difficulty to write down my nos too.. Anyway, I sold the number away for a cool $3888 from an business associate...

irisng
29-09-11, 08:31
From house no to pager... :spliff:
Chip in a story of mine...

My paget number was 9x000002 and whenever I try to leave my pg number to enable someone to contact me via pager, I have difficult to remember how many zero I've mentioned. Likewise, my counterpart also have difficulty to write down my nos too.. Anyway, I sold the number away for a cool $3888 from an business associate...

Wow, good at doing business er. :santana: