PDA

View Full Version : Parc Vera - New Riverfront Condo @ Hougang - Sim Lian Group

Pages : 1 [2]

mcmlxxvi
21-02-12, 11:42
Not disputing the good price tag for Parc V. Was at showflat last year but did not give cheque coz of location. So does SL know something we don't therefore they are holding back the remaining units? :47:
Its too cheap. The second phase launch will up price.

mcmlxxvi
21-02-12, 11:44
Double post deleted

testtest
22-02-12, 19:51
Singapore property buyers are very practical. WT so exp but snapped up like fish in the fresh market while Parc V is cheap but left in the cold just coz its location is not desirable. It'll be interesting to do a survey on those who bought WT for homestay to see how many actually drive? Conduct that same survey for Parc V buyers... :rolleyes:

WT makes other already launched condo look cheap....most staying in condo will drive, be it near for far from condo, IMHO

heutistmeintag
23-02-12, 09:11
Any comments on the penthouse? Worth buying if intending to stay for a while?

price
23-02-12, 09:34

There's a 6 bedder PH in this prorject! :D

devilplate
23-02-12, 09:36
be prepared tat it is very difficult to sell when u nid to later on......big quantum in this area.....

4bdr is gd enuff....but i heard all sold out liao......isit true?

PV Excit
23-02-12, 10:38
be prepared tat it is very difficult to sell when u nid to later on......big quantum in this area.....

4bdr is gd enuff....but i heard all sold out liao......isit true?

Yup, single floor 4bdr sold out. But heard 4 bdr PH still available...

ysyap
23-02-12, 10:41
Noticed that 4 bedders are actually quite hot for several projects... MM for investment (plus some own stay) while 4 bedders should be primarily for own stay lah.. Hmmm... govt keep encouraging citizens to procreate but developers always don't build many 4 bedders... should detect that demands for 4 bedders will only go up... :)

heutistmeintag
23-02-12, 11:46
Yup, single floor 4bdr sold out. But heard 4 bdr PH still available...

i am interested in the 4/5 bdr PH but not sure if the price is good, after reading about the location etc. 6 bdr PH is out as I am afraid later cannot sell.

azeoprop
23-02-12, 11:51
There is a true demand for affordable 4 bedders for upgraders. There are no more new hdb with 4bedrooms. Only EC and PC now build new 4 bedroom units.

A typical family with 3 children + 1 maid will require a 4 bedroom unit for comfortable living.

:beats-me-man:

PV Excit
23-02-12, 12:02
i am interested in the 4/5 bdr PH but not sure if the price is good, after reading about the location etc. 6 bdr PH is out as I am afraid later cannot sell.

I remembered the agent was telling me the PH are ard $6xx psf, so sounds very cheap in that sense. But not sure on the absolute quantum for a 4/5 bdr. maybe can call them and check it out? {I should ask them for commission, lol}

heutistmeintag
23-02-12, 12:27
I remembered the agent was telling me the PH are ard $6xx psf, so sounds very cheap in that sense. But not sure on the absolute quantum for a 4/5 bdr. maybe can call them and check it out? {I should ask them for commission, lol}

i am planning to go down this weekend to have a look. Are all agents "equal"? :p

PV Excit
23-02-12, 12:34
i am planning to go down this weekend to have a look. Are all agents "equal"? :p

Not sure what you mean by equal, but the agent who served me was really raw... until his boss take over, then I feel better.

PM you his boss number alreay :) if you buy, must ask her to give me commission and I share with you... LOL

price
23-02-12, 12:54

You might need an appointment to visit. Showflat been closed for awhile now.

craze
23-02-12, 12:55
showflat open everyday

heutistmeintag
27-02-12, 08:40
I went yesterday and was surprised that there was only a handful of viewers. I guess most have been diverted to the mutliple new launches or sidelined waiting for the glut to happen.

leeds17
27-02-12, 15:15
looks like parc vera wave already gone, or due to no new unit launch?

heutistmeintag
28-02-12, 11:55
Do you think their PH is worth paying for?

price
28-02-12, 12:07
Do you think their PH is worth paying for?

For ownstay yea! one of the cheapest around

Just
05-03-12, 10:04
PV for own stay is good buys!

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:55
22 more sold at 827psf median in feb. 55.5% sold.

kane
15-03-12, 14:12
Between buying watertown or this + 2cars + some loose change. Which would you choose?

price
15-03-12, 14:27
Between buying watertown or this + 2cars + some loose change. Which would you choose?

I'll take this + 1 lux car

or this + 1 MM

kane
15-03-12, 14:39
Ok. Before i get pointed that i'm not comparing apples with apples. One could consider 1 ATT + 1 car or 1 Luxurie + 1 car.

leeds17
15-03-12, 16:14
22 more sold at 827psf median in feb. 55.5% sold.

Are all units 100% launch on sale by developer?

kane
15-03-12, 16:46
Are all units 100% launch on sale by developer?

Answer is on ura website.

leeds17
19-03-12, 13:26
Answer is on ura website.

I see, all 452 units launched, only 251 sold up to Feb 2012

19-03-12, 17:54
I see, all 452 units launched, only 251 sold up to Feb 2012

All 4 bedders and most of the penthouses all sold.

ysyap
19-03-12, 21:59
All 4 bedders and most of the penthouses all sold.Yup... left last 2 four bedder units some 3 months back...

yuyulili
29-03-12, 19:49
Haha, went to the show flat last sat.. Seems like a ghost town to me. 2 agents sitting around doing noth... :sleep:

ysyap
29-03-12, 21:18
Haha, went to the show flat last sat.. Seems like a ghost town to me. 2 agents sitting around doing noth... :sleep:U went to there kapo or were u intending to potentially buy a unit?

yuyulili
29-03-12, 21:54
Thinking of getting a unit.. But no revise of prices or discount since day 1. Only 2888 worth of furniture voucher during cny period..

heutistmeintag
30-03-12, 02:51
...most of the penthouses all sold.

You sure about this?

craze
30-03-12, 08:20
3702Come and join us for Easter Carnival next weekend.

price
30-03-12, 08:51
Maybe soon their will give another 5% discount to clear off units like Minton? :rolleyes:

fclim
30-03-12, 08:57
If you want to bet on the Hougang Megamall coming up in a few years, then the price of this one is a steal now and best is there is no competition and you can choose good facing/high floor units (It's like 55% sold only).

azeoprop
30-03-12, 08:59
But the high floor units here all got visual restriction fins to block your view one....:tsk-tsk:

price
30-03-12, 09:09
Yea, this will be pretty far from the mall. The amount of time u take may be able to reach Nex by bus.

30-03-12, 09:18
You sure about this?

Based on what the agent told me :beats-me-man: . Anyway when i was they were in the process of redoing the 4 bed showflat to ether 2 or 2+ study.

most of the 3 bed were going for abt 850+/- psf.

Think if there is a further discount to about 800 psf the units will be flying off the shelf.:2cents:

ysyap
30-03-12, 09:49
Will SL give further discount??? Unlikely, right?

price
30-03-12, 09:51
Maybe if they get desperate? :beats-me-man: But then again they may get the spillover buyers in this vicinity

PV Excit
30-03-12, 10:04
Will SL give further discount??? Unlikely, right?

I will cry if they do... somehow, doing the "early birds" a dis-service, right? :(

ysyap
30-03-12, 10:15
I will cry if they do... somehow, doing the "early birds" a dis-service, right? :(Well there is this one known developer who actually does that! Sigh!!! :scared-3:

price
30-03-12, 10:21
Well there is this one known developer who actually does that! Sigh!!! :scared-3:
whos that!?

PV Excit
30-03-12, 11:17
whos that!?

Ya... who???!!!

lufu
30-03-12, 16:33
Well there is this one known developer who actually does that! Sigh!!! :scared-3:

That's why people buy from FEO, Capitaland and Keppel

River sound developer is also one of those that will Lelong their units

devilplate
30-03-12, 16:44

crapland drop wharf residences pricing hor.....from 1400psf to 11xxpsf

price
30-03-12, 16:54

where got? i called for their nin residences before leh. still so high

Ricade
30-03-12, 18:10
If developer already break even for that particular project, unlikely they will be desperate to lower price..

Nin residence and RS did relatively well in terms of sales..
Their prices not exaggeratedly high to begin with.. Maybe NIN a little bit but RS not really..

kane
30-03-12, 18:14
crapland drop wharf residences pricing hor.....from 1400psf to 11xxpsf

When? Can consider leh if now have 11xxpsf.

devilplate
30-03-12, 18:29
When? Can consider leh if now have 11xxpsf.
u hf time machine anot? rewind back to 2009...

wakakakakakaka

minority
31-03-12, 00:39
u hf time machine anot? rewind back to 2009...

wakakakakakaka

2009 anything also make $.

Keppel land is $1

Asphen heights @1050psf
Watermark @1100-1200psf
Cairnshill crest $1100!

Move back a few more years 2004 botania is $1100 psf

So got time machine very handy! :-)

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 15:06
39 sold at 834psf in mar. 165 to go.

craze
16-04-12, 17:12
Sim Lian is reviewing the price for all their projects soon. those keen on their properties better fast hand fast leg.

price
16-04-12, 17:15
Sim Lian is reviewing the price for all their projects soon. those keen on their properties better fast hand fast leg.
wow u work for them?

Montaigne
16-04-12, 17:24
Maybe review downwards? their Trilliant cannot sell.

hyenergix
16-04-12, 22:58

Another price increase triggered by Bishan SH.

heutistmeintag
17-04-12, 09:42
SH and PV are a world apart, cant compare these 2.

PV is competing among the mass housing condos and raising price amidst the increasing competition is not a smart move.

PV Excit
28-04-12, 14:30
Hi the Parc Verians set up a closed group on FB. For any Parc Vera owners here who wish to join, pls PM me your email address and nick name on FB and let me know which stack you are in. :)

Cheers!

ronnielim
30-04-12, 12:59
stack 24
FB : [email protected]

Hi the Parc Verians set up a closed group on FB. For any Parc Vera owners here who wish to join, pls PM me your email address and nick name on FB and let me know which stack you are in. :)

Cheers!

eminor82
30-04-12, 21:55

any updates on the increase in price? my fren is interested in it and believes that developer would not raise its price yet. BTW I told my fren the flo is selling 3 bedder at 740k. much cheaper than PV.

PV Excit
30-04-12, 22:37
any updates on the increase in price? my fren is interested in it and believes that developer would not raise its price yet. BTW I told my fren the flo is selling 3 bedder at 740k. much cheaper than PV.

Not sure any exact price but Flo Not in mature estate? :) if your friend buys, pls ask him to join us in our closed group discussions on fb. :)

craze
03-05-12, 14:27

price increase 2%

PV Excit
09-05-12, 17:18
Nomination Day on 16 May and By election on 26 May 2012!

Vincegoh
10-05-12, 12:55
Not sure any exact price but Flo Not in mature estate? :) if your friend buys, pls ask him to join us in our closed group discussions on fb. :)

Hi PV Excite, is it convenient for you to share if you bought your unit during the early bird phase? convenient to share what was the package offered?

currently, the unit prices have been increased 2% (supposedly with 18% discount priced in) with a 2k Courts voucher only (regardless of what unit you purchased).

I'm looking at the 4BR PH but am leery of the agent i spoke to who seemed to want a quick deal.

thanks in advance for any info you can share! :)

PV Excit
10-05-12, 13:12
Hi PV Excite, is it convenient for you to share if you bought your unit during the early bird phase? convenient to share what was the package offered?

currently, the unit prices have been increased 2% (supposedly with 18% discount priced in) with a 2k Courts voucher only (regardless of what unit you purchased).

I'm looking at the 4BR PH but am leery of the agent i spoke to who seemed to want a quick deal.

thanks in advance for any info you can share! :)

Hi Vincegoh

I dont know if there was/is a 18% discount and yes, we got our unit on Day 1 of the launch. All I know was: (i) price increased by 2% now and (ii) four bedders and 2+1 have been sold out. U wan my agent's contact?

PV Excit
10-05-12, 13:13
Hi Vincegoh

I dont know if there was/is a 18% discount and yes, we got our unit on Day 1 of the launch. All I know was: (i) price increased by 2% now and (ii) four bedders and 2+1 have been sold out. U wan my agent's contact?

And we got absolutely no discount or vouchers etc :(

PV Excit
10-05-12, 13:31
And we got absolutely no discount or vouchers etc :(

Oh yes, we got a 4 bedder at S$830/psf, if this helps.... there was no discount or vouchers, not even freebie like coffee machine or umbrella... :banghead:

hyenergix
10-05-12, 14:25
Strange. Singaporeans like to buy only when there is a queue. I was there on a few occasion n e only visitor in e showroom. Nobody was buying then.

ysyap
10-05-12, 14:37
Strange. Singaporeans like to buy only when there is a queue. I was there on a few occasion n e only visitor in e showroom. Nobody was buying then.This project's location is not v attractive mah... :rolleyes:

carbuncle
10-05-12, 15:58
Strange. Singaporeans like to buy only when there is a queue. I was there on a few occasion n e only visitor in e showroom. Nobody was buying then.
Singaporean consumers lack confidence or lazy to research. Got others to die together better than die alone... Their favourite is gather all affected purchasers and lodge complaint. Power in numbers... No ball to stand alone.

carbuncle
10-05-12, 15:59
Oh yes, we got a 4 bedder at S$830/psf, if this helps.... there was no discount or vouchers, not even freebie like coffee machine or umbrella... :banghead:
Which project give free umbrella so cheapo?!?

PV Excit
10-05-12, 17:08
Which project give free umbrella so cheapo?!?

Haha... my friend got it when she bought something from FEO.... not from developer I think....:doh:

carbuncle
10-05-12, 18:49
Haha... my friend got it when she bought something from FEO.... not from developer I think....:doh:

Oh FEO. Then can understand...

Vincegoh
10-05-12, 23:02
Hi Vincegoh

Thanks PV excite! Wow, seems like u got a tough deal! Although 4 br are indeed popular.. Already sold out but surprisingly none of the 4br ph is sold this far. Only 3 5br ph sold based on caveats lodged as of mar.

Did u not even get the furniture voucher? U should complain!! I heard it was even higher than 2k offered now a couple mths back...

Anyway, my wife is more keen on riversound so we are still in a condundrum. Kinda tough making a decision.. Sigh decisions decisions..

If hougang does fall into pap hands this by election (which is rather unlikely still), I think investments will be made to upgrade the precinct and an increase in ppty valuations will be in place.. By then pv will and shld see an uplift. Congrats again for clinching a coveted 4br!

PV Excit
10-05-12, 23:30
Thanks PV excite! Wow, seems like u got a tough deal! Although 4 br are indeed popular.. Already sold out but surprisingly none of the 4br ph is sold this far. Only 3 5br ph sold based on caveats lodged as of mar.

Did u not even get the furniture voucher? U should complain!! I heard it was even higher than 2k offered now a couple mths back...

Anyway, my wife is more keen on riversound so we are still in a condundrum. Kinda tough making a decision.. Sigh decisions decisions..

If hougang does fall into pap hands this by election (which is rather unlikely still), I think investments will be made to upgrade the precinct and an increase in ppty valuations will be in place.. By then pv will and shld see an uplift. Congrats again for clinching a coveted 4br!

Tks! Rs is nice too, if u don't mind the developer.... good luck in house hunting!

ronnielim
13-05-12, 11:51
To me, this location is very attractive coz near my work place ... and jurong lake view to me is very bad location.
But to my friend, jurong lake view to him is a very attractive location :D

One man's meat and another man's poison :D

This project's location is not v attractive mah... :rolleyes:

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:56

If hougang does fall into pap hands this by election (which is rather unlikely still), I think investments will be made to upgrade the precinct and an increase in ppty valuations will be in place.. By then pv will and shld see an uplift. Congrats again for clinching a coveted 4br!Personally I think Riversound is better located (just my personal opinion) coz of proximity to KPE and TPE. Then again for MRT proximity, both are equally bad (Riversound and Parc V). Anyway if Defu industrial estate is gonna be developed into a shopping arcade, then PV might just be that little bit more attractive! Really subjective... Just to confirm, PV is under Hougang SMC while Riversound is under Aljunied GRC? Not too sure though!

ysyap
13-05-12, 11:57
To me, this location is very attractive coz near my work place ... and jurong lake view to me is very bad location.
But to my friend, jurong lake view to him is a very attractive location :D

One man's meat and another man's poison :DTotally agreed! Cheers! :cheers3:

insigina
13-05-12, 15:04

If you are interested in the area and in no major rush but still want to buy new, then I suggest wait a couple of months for the Simon Road project. Horadings are already up. They are less than 300m from Kovan mrt.

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 05:54
If you are interested in the area and in no major rush but still want to buy new, then I suggest wait a couple of months for the Simon Road project. Horadings are already up. They are less than 300m from Kovan mrt.
Thanks insignia. Any idea when they may launch the new devt? I'm in no major hurry per se but am looking to get a new place by next year. My current place is too small for 2 kids!

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 06:01
Personally I think Riversound is better located (just my personal opinion) coz of proximity to KPE and TPE. Then again for MRT proximity, both are equally bad (Riversound and Parc V). Anyway if Defu industrial estate is gonna be developed into a shopping arcade, then PV might just be that little bit more attractive! Really subjective... Just to confirm, PV is under Hougang SMC while Riversound is under Aljunied GRC? Not too sure though!
Yeah same thoughts. Although I actually rate parc Vera with a slightly better location as it's near to hougang mature estate. Just a few streets off u will be able to get stretch of shophouses at ave 5. Proximity to kpe plus much nicer unblocked view of river is the major plus for river sound. And not to mention the unwanted barricades that parc Vera imposes on higher floors.

Price wise parc vera is very much more competitive with 4br ph at 565psf. 4br units available at 800-850psf. Premium stack 4br unit ie #13-36 with lap pool facing and gd river view at river sound is near to 900psf! All dual key units and their 4br ph are sold out too so choice of spacious units are few.

insigina
14-05-12, 08:31
Thanks insignia. Any idea when they may launch the new devt? I'm in no major hurry per se but am looking to get a new place by next year. My current place is too small for 2 kids!

This development will not be in time for your target of next year as it is not yet launched. I think the launch would be 3Q. By the time its ready to move in, you're probably looking at late 2015. The location is good as its near to mrt and situated on high ground overlooking landed and away from traffic.

insigina
14-05-12, 08:35
Yeah same thoughts. Although I actually rate parc Vera with a slightly better location as it's near to hougang mature estate. Just a few streets off u will be able to get stretch of shophouses at ave 5. Proximity to kpe plus much nicer unblocked view of river is the major plus for river sound. And not to mention the unwanted barricades that parc Vera imposes on higher floors.

Price wise parc vera is very much more competitive with 4br ph at 565psf. 4br units available at 800-850psf. Premium stack 4br unit ie #13-36 with lap pool facing and gd river view at river sound is near to 900psf! All dual key units and their 4br ph are sold out too so choice of spacious units are few.

The layout of PV is good. Its very suitable for local families as it has a good size backyard. If you are planning to have a domestic helper, its useful to have a decent yard as its gives your family more privacy, not to mention the space to dry clothes.

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 10:57
This development will not be in time for your target of next year as it is not yet launched. I think the launch would be 3Q. By the time its ready to move in, you're probably looking at late 2015. The location is good as its near to mrt and situated on high ground overlooking landed and away from traffic.

hmmm, in tat case will not be applicable for me. I intend to have the unit booked by latest next year and to move in latest by 2014...

with such a good site location, i guess the pricing may also attract a certain premium. 1k psf perhaps for high level units?

carbuncle
14-05-12, 12:39
Vincegoh, you currently staying in an MM?

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 16:42
Vincegoh, you currently staying in an MM?

actually staying in HDB at tanjong pagar.. but with 2 kids i need to explore larger space as they grow up hence looking at low quantum penthouse units. :o

carbuncle
14-05-12, 16:53
actually staying in HDB at tanjong pagar.. but with 2 kids i need to explore larger space as they grow up hence looking at low quantum penthouse units. :o
那可是金矿!!!千万别卖掉哟!

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 17:39
那可是金矿!!!千万别卖掉哟!

haha.. i know. but i can't keep a HDB and stay in condo (only can stay hdb and use condo as investment). so will be looking to sell to do downpayment for a PH.

carbuncle
14-05-12, 17:46
haha.. i know. but i can't keep a HDB and stay in condo (only can stay hdb and use condo as investment). so will be looking to sell to do downpayment for a PH.

MOP not finished?

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 17:50
MOP not finished?

nope. we bought it 3 yrs ago... but have obtained HDB approval to sell it after appeal based on family size and income levels.

pre-requisite is we need to sell it. keeping it is no longer an option if we opt to sell now. shrugs

carbuncle
14-05-12, 17:54
nope. we bought it 3 yrs ago... but have obtained HDB approval to sell it after appeal based on family size and income levels.

pre-requisite is we need to sell it. keeping it is no longer an option if we opt to sell now. shrugs

Omg what a waste.!

Did u loook at suites @ topaz remaining 2 penthouses, just TOP last mth

price
14-05-12, 19:06

just curious bro, did it take long for HDB to grant such approval?

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 22:39
Omg what a waste.!

Ahh thanks for the heads up. Will check it out!

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 22:43
just curious bro, did it take long for HDB to grant such approval?
Surprisingly quite fast. Within 5 weeks obtained the approval. The lady helping me was quite nice. Asked a few questions and asked for copies of my kids' birth certs and income statements and it's complete. Must really thank her for her prompt assistance.

U too have friends in the same predicament?

carbuncle
14-05-12, 22:48
www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9722015/for-sale-suites-topaz comes with private pool

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 22:51
Omg what a waste.!

Not really keen on such a small devt plus only 2br ph. Will rather stick to pv in this case.. Need to make my little monies count for more in terms of space. Thanks anyway!

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 22:53
www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9722015/for-sale-suites-topaz comes with private pool
Interesting that it was originally slated for end 2013 for top (based on quik overview). Early by 18 mths!

Wonder if pv can top by next yr? Lol.

price
14-05-12, 22:58
Surprisingly quite fast. Within 5 weeks obtained the approval. The lady helping me was quite nice. Asked a few questions and asked for copies of my kids' birth certs and income statements and it's complete. Must really thank her for her prompt assistance.

U too have friends in the same predicament?
more of thinking for myself and the other way round, if i ever want to sell PCs move back to BTO, i heard they review the 30months waiting period case by case.

Vincegoh
14-05-12, 23:00
more of thinking for myself and the other way round, if i ever want to sell PCs move back to BTO, i heard they review the 30months waiting period case by case.
Yeah I guess in terms of priority they will put pc owners at the bottom of the pile. But never hurt to try your luck! All the best bro

Ilikeu
16-05-12, 12:29

Only 2 years to go to meet the MOP, right? Cannot tahan till then?
If you look at new project under construction, u still have to wait 2-3 years to move in. Might as well, tahan 2 years to MOP, then buy a ready PC to move in, and u get to keep a valuable HDB at Tanjong Pagar. Make sense?

Vincegoh
16-05-12, 12:33
Only 2 years to go to meet the MOP, right? Cannot tahan till then?
If you look at new project under construction, u still have to wait 2-3 years to move in. Might as well, tahan 2 years to MOP, then buy a ready PC to move in, and u get to keep a valuable HDB at Tanjong Pagar. Make sense?

considered that before.. but if i dun book my favoured unit now, and the prices don't really fall in 2014, i will be stuck with sub-sales which may not necessarily entail a better price.

if i'm not mistaken, even if u are allowed to keep both HDB and PC, u can only stay in HDB and not in PC.

Ilikeu
16-05-12, 12:40
considered that before.. but if i dun book my favoured unit now, and the prices don't really fall in 2014, i will be stuck with sub-sales which may not necessarily entail a better price.

if i'm not mistaken, even if u are allowed to keep both HDB and PC, u can only stay in HDB and not in PC.

Frankly, i think you will regret selling your HDB in time to come, some more it is at Tanjong Pagar. No one has a crystal ball if prices will be higher or lower in 2014. Today's prices ain't cheap either. I believe most, if not all, of the people here will tell you not to sell your prime location HDB.

Unless your finances requires you to sell HDB to fund your PC purchase, I don't believe the other reasons are compelling enough for you to do that.

Lastly, i believe u can stay in PC and rent out your HDB once MOP is over.

Vincegoh
16-05-12, 12:46
Frankly, i think you will regret selling your HDB in time to come, some more it is at Tanjong Pagar. No one has a crystal ball if prices will be higher or lower in 2014. Today's prices ain't cheap either. I believe most, if not all, of the people here will tell you not to sell your prime location HDB.

Unless your finances requires you to sell HDB to fund your PC purchase, I don't believe the other reasons are compelling enough for you to do that.

Lastly, i believe u can stay in PC and rent out your HDB once MOP is over.

thanks for the advice. i've thought about it quite a while too... in all honesty, for the space that i'm looking for the new unit, i do need to sell my flat to fund the new purchase. no rich parents to help out u see. :p

but i'm comfortable either way, just tat i really really do need a bigger space for my kids. with all the toys and stuff we barely have room to walk!

shall see how it goes with the sale. i'm very firm in terms of the price (it will definitely be a new record for resale in tpp) and will only make the final decision when the buyer is firmed up.

carbuncle
16-05-12, 12:47
Yes. Just write in to apply. Reason being your HDB too small to fit your family.

Vincegoh
16-05-12, 12:56
Yes. Just write in to apply. Reason being your HDB too small to fit your family.

my appeal was actually to keep my HDB but buy a new PC launch expected top in 2014 (after my MOP)... but the officer said that's non-negotiable. only option is to sell HDB before i can buy. :beats-me-man:

ysyap
16-05-12, 13:16

if i'm not mistaken, even if u are allowed to keep both HDB and PC, u can only stay in HDB and not in PC.No no... U can stay in PC and rent out HDB upon applying for permission from HDB. Done online. Otherwise there's no such thing as HDB flat rental which you see all over the web...

ysyap
16-05-12, 13:27
my appeal was actually to keep my HDB but buy a new PC launch expected top in 2014 (after my MOP)... but the officer said that's non-negotiable. only option is to sell HDB before i can buy. :beats-me-man:Alternatively, buy a PC now under someone's name and then later just pay lawyer fee and stamp duty to change name to your own? If prices rise by $1mil, stamp duty is $25k. So you only pay $25k (plus lawyer's fee) instead of $1mil more for that desirable unit... :spliff:

Vincegoh
16-05-12, 13:32
Alternatively, buy a PC now under someone's name and then later just pay lawyer fee and stamp duty to change name to your own? If prices rise by $1mil, stamp duty is $25k. So you only pay $25k (plus lawyer's fee) instead of $1mil more for that desirable unit... :spliff:

unfortunately that means i cant use my and wifey's CPF to help with the payment of the loan and for the downpayment... and to avoid the hefty stamp duties it will have to be at least 4 yrs before i can do the transfer.

i dun have rich parents or relatives and i dun haf 350k cash for the downpayment! :scared-2:

Vincegoh
16-05-12, 13:33
No no... U can stay in PC and rent out HDB upon applying for permission from HDB. Done online. Otherwise there's no such thing as HDB flat rental which you see all over the web...

thanks.. indeed i was mistaken. after MOP, can indeed stay in condo and rent out HDB.. my agent threw spoke bomb at me previously. :doh:

Ilikeu
16-05-12, 14:35
my appeal was actually to keep my HDB but buy a new PC launch expected top in 2014 (after my MOP)... but the officer said that's non-negotiable. only option is to sell HDB before i can buy. :beats-me-man:

But you need the funds from selling your HDB to fund your PC purchase. So this appeal does not work for you even if your appeal was successful.

Vincegoh
17-05-12, 05:31
But you need the funds from selling your HDB to fund your PC purchase. So this appeal does not work for you even if your appeal was successful.
If able to keep the flat, then I will settle for a 3br unit instead of a 4br ph Loh! 人是活的吗!

But since can't keep, then of cos i decided to get the biggest space that I can comfortably afford Loh. I intend to use this for long term personal stay hence not really for investment.

Ilikeu
17-05-12, 09:35
If able to keep the flat, then I will settle for a 3br unit instead of a 4br ph Loh! 人是活的吗!

But since can't keep, then of cos i decided to get the biggest space that I can comfortably afford Loh. I intend to use this for long term personal stay hence not really for investment.

Hmmmm.... so actually you do have choices.

1. Sell HDB now, book a 4br PH, rent a place till the new place is ready after 2-3 years. Unless you are buying a ready one. End of the day, you have a 4br PH.

2. Wait 2 years for MOP to be over, buy a ready 3br (may not be the ideal one). End of the day, you have a prime location HDB + a 3br PC.

Well tough choice for you. But it seems quite obvious to me, either choices have to wait for 2-3 years, unless you are buying a ready 4brPH. Anyway, good luck!

carbuncle
17-05-12, 11:30
I would do 2 anytime man... Tg Pagar hdb is a no brainer to keep

pinkpolkadot
17-05-12, 11:36

I have a HDB in Tiong Bahru areas. It is coming to 30 years. Don't know whether to sell as it's getting old, though the exterior is well maintanied.

any advice?

Vincegoh
17-05-12, 12:10

u think in 2 yrs time TPP will be able to fetch more than 500k at 787 psf? tat for me is the key criteria with which i am basing my decision to sell.

I think with Duxton's supply coming in end next year, the upside potential from here onwards is limited...

Vincegoh
17-05-12, 12:11
Hmmmm.... so actually you do have choices.

1. Sell HDB now, book a 4br PH, rent a place till the new place is ready after 2-3 years. Unless you are buying a ready one. End of the day, you have a 4br PH.

2. Wait 2 years for MOP to be over, buy a ready 3br (may not be the ideal one). End of the day, you have a prime location HDB + a 3br PC.

Well tough choice for you. But it seems quite obvious to me, either choices have to wait for 2-3 years, unless you are buying a ready 4brPH. Anyway, good luck!
good advice.. am sitting on both at the same time (if no meet my asking price i take option 2, if hit my asking price i take option 1) but the 4brPH for PV is simply too enticing and cheap (in comparison to how crazy it is these days for every new launch). i'm not confident of being able to buy a new 4brph at 565psf in the next 2 years elsewhere... but then again i'm a total newbie here so i dunno. juz a gut feel.

if i choose option 1 i will be renting a 3br near my father's place (who's helping me to take care of my 2 kids).

carbuncle
17-05-12, 15:53
I have a HDB in Tiong Bahru areas. It is coming to 30 years. Don't know whether to sell as it's getting old, though the exterior is well maintanied.

any advice?
I would keep it... Is it the SIT flats

carbuncle
17-05-12, 15:55
u think in 2 yrs time TPP will be able to fetch more than 500k at 787 psf? tat for me is the key criteria with which i am basing my decision to sell.

I think with Duxton's supply coming in end next year, the upside potential from here onwards is limited...
I cant comment on the price. But when you can rent it out, it will give you excellent yield i believe. You are just blinded by excitement of PV penthouse.

Ilikeu
17-05-12, 17:32
I cant comment on the price. But when you can rent it out, it will give you excellent yield i believe. You are just blinded by excitement of PV penthouse.

I cannot agree more with you on this, uncle. :cheers4:

ysyap
17-05-12, 17:35
I cant comment on the price. But when you can rent it out, it will give you excellent yield i believe. You are just blinded by excitement of PV penthouse.Good observation!!! ;)

Ilikeu
17-05-12, 17:38

You sell now, and you will be paying a rental of say $2,000 per month x 24 months = $48,000 to rent the place near your parents. Well, you are in the best position to take a decision.

Ilikeu
17-05-12, 17:39

any advice?

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!

Ilikeu
17-05-12, 17:40

Yes. That's why i'm confused why bro vince is thinking so hard over this...

ysyap
17-05-12, 17:49
unfortunately that means i cant use my and wifey's CPF to help with the payment of the loan and for the downpayment... and to avoid the hefty stamp duties it will have to be at least 4 yrs before i can do the transfer.

i dun have rich parents or relatives and i dun haf 350k cash for the downpayment! :scared-2:You can take a bridging loan which typically has a tenure of between 3 months to 12 months but this option will still carry with it other inconveniences which you may not want. Anyway, given your circumstances, I'd go for 2 properties (meaning waiting 2 years if you don't want to take that bridging loan) vs just one PH. After awhile, you'll soon realize one PH only give you the basic roof over your head but 2 properties can still generate some rental income plus price appreciation that you can benefit from should you sell your property in time to come (of course you can still sell it now if you choose to)! ;) Just my opinion!

peterlee
18-05-12, 11:09
You can take a bridging loan which typically has a tenure of between 3 months to 12 months but this option will still carry with it other inconveniences which you may not want. Anyway, given your circumstances, I'd go for 2 properties (meaning waiting 2 years if you don't want to take that bridging loan) vs just one PH. After awhile, you'll soon realize one PH only give you the basic roof over your head but 2 properties can still generate some rental income plus price appreciation that you can benefit from should you sell your property in time to come (of course you can still sell it now if you choose to)! ;) Just my opinion!

totally agree. impt to have invst income, dont plough everything into 1 big purchase.

Vincegoh
18-05-12, 13:59
okie, thanks everyone for the invaluable advice...

i'm actually tasking a few agents to look for a cheaper new condo (3-4BR) that's expected to top next year so that way my quantum will be lower and i will therefore be able to afford to keep my flat.

still keeping my options open for now though.. depending on what price a serious buyer is willing to offer me now. :D everything is about valuation after all. regardless of how well regarded an investment is. for e.g., Apple at USD400 valuation is a good buy for an excellent company.. but will be a bad buy at USD 10000 for instance. a good company can be a bad investment at the wrong price and vice versa, a bad company can be a good investment at the right price. :)

as a separate discussion and as a mental masturbation exercise, if u have 200k in cash and 200k in cpf, and u have 2 young kids... what will you buy with the above sums given the current market circumstances (and i hope to buy by next year)?

carbuncle
18-05-12, 15:32
2 x MM and rent both out plus the HDB and use part of total rental income to rent elsewhere larger and cheaper.

Vincegoh
18-05-12, 19:22
2 x MM and rent both out plus the HDB and use part of total rental income to rent elsewhere larger and cheaper.

any suggestions on which MM to consider? if not comfortable to share openly can PM me pls? me only just begun research on condo hence really have very very limited knowledge in this field. :o

carbuncle
18-05-12, 19:26
any suggestions on which MM to consider? if not comfortable to share openly can PM me pls? me only just begun research on condo hence really have very very limited knowledge in this field. :o
200k downpayment can get you 500k MM. Depends on how soon you want your MMs... There are those just TOP. Going to TOP and TOP in 2 to 3 yrs time. Generally the closer it is to TOP the more expensive.

PV Excit
26-05-12, 11:01
just wondering what will the impact be on Parc Vera as a result of the by-election today...

carbuncle
26-05-12, 11:33
just wondering what will the impact be on Parc Vera as a result of the by-election today...
If PAP wins, PV will sell like hotcakes. If WP continues, PV will sell like huatcakes. In other words, no impact. Your view from PV already guaranteed - of the ugly hdb blocks surrounding it. Oh maybe the color may improve with WP as they usually wont choose those fugly brightly out of sync colors... Will be easier on the eye when you look out of your window.

carbuncle
26-05-12, 11:42
Potong Pasir hdb http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bb1nI4uMNns/TdNAah1i3dI/AAAAAAAAGRI/hOnAhWuKEJY/s1600/DSC02860.JPG
Hougang Ave 7 hdb
http://imganuncios.mitula.net/hdb_apartment_for_rent_336_hougang_avenue_7d19_95223137929530714.jpg

Kenshinto80
04-09-12, 21:33
Check this out....awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvr68fanOnQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ysyap
04-09-12, 21:41
Nice graphics will draw buyers in. ;)

Kenshinto80
04-09-12, 22:03
Nice graphics will draw buyers in. ;)
Lovely mini waterfall. :)

insigina
05-09-12, 00:03
Lovely mini waterfall. :)

The noise from the water falling can be quite unbearable. Those living close to it better be prepared.

hyenergix
05-09-12, 06:13
The noise from the water falling can be quite unbearable. Those living close to it better be prepared.

I tot it might be hypnotizing and relaxing. Humans are evolved to like the sound of flowing water as our survival depends on it (note most major cities are located near rivers including the CBD of Singapore). I like the design and laid-back neighborhood but run out of bullet to whack a unit. Very good value for money project when it was first launched.

ysyap
05-09-12, 07:55
The noise from the water falling can be quite unbearable. Those living close to it better be prepared.You write like one with such an experience.

hopeful
05-09-12, 08:33
i dont think that is a waterfall, more like a water falling down a wall. like the one in UOB raffles place, inside the banking hall.

kane
05-09-12, 09:13
I suppose they switch off the water feature at night.

insigina
05-09-12, 18:22
You write like one with such an experience.

No experience living close to one but I viewed a unit 3 floors above a mini waterfall. Definitely not for me.

insigina
05-09-12, 18:24
I tot it might be hypnotizing and relaxing. Humans are evolved to like the sound of flowing water as our survival depends on it (note most major cities are located near rivers including the CBD of Singapore). I like the design and laid-back neighborhood but run out of bullet to whack a unit. Very good value for money project when it was first launched.

Sim Lian developments usually have spacious backyard. I find it very practical. Can even put mahjong table with space to move around. Nice

lionlamb10
03-12-12, 22:58
great squarish layout with proper bedrooms that fit queen size beds, wardrode and study area. Heard all units r sold except for a few PHs..

less than 1km to mrt.

Noexit
04-12-12, 07:37
The desgin for this project look not different from the surrounding HDB, dun seem much like a private at all. :doh:

price
04-12-12, 08:11
The desgin for this project look not different from the surrounding HDB, dun seem much like a private at all. :doh:
that's why it's priced so low!

rymccondo77
04-12-12, 08:29
This project has done well - its almost sold out.

Congrats to the buyers :)

4wheels
04-12-12, 09:23

what type differences are you expecting?:)

price
04-12-12, 10:06
he expects to be the same as his r38 :tongue3:

Noexit
04-12-12, 16:00
If your see most private property compare with the outlook of this project you will be able to spot the different from the model at the showroom and the lift lobby staircase u will be able to spot and wonder how come soooooo like HDB. :doh: Even the first day of the launch I was there looking at the model and agent explaining, even other clients at the showroom first impression of looking at the model, " aiyo why the desgin so HDB!" :scared-1:

PV Excit
05-12-12, 17:34
Well, maybe you have heard me shouting that as I admit I was one of them... but it was only the appearance, we went ahead with it cos we like the functional layout.

today, there is some icing top on it: http://news.asiaone.com/A1Business/News/Story/A1Story20121205-387778/2.html

:cheers4: :cheers4: :cheers4: hopefully, it means raise in value sooner than expected. :p

mcmlxxvi
01-03-13, 10:12
http://tinyurl.com/c93ypva

Major accident at junction of Hougang Ave 7 and Tampines Rd

PV Excit
19-08-13, 11:36
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/paya-lebar-air-base-to-move-to-changi-east-152738932.html

Wonder if there will be any impact on us?

starrystarrynight
13-09-13, 15:10
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yubnk4.jpg

An update on the construction progress. They are building on the 13th floor now.

P.S forgive me for the poor angle.

star
20-11-13, 22:20
According to URA master plan 2013 there will be a mix development in front of Parc Vera. Parc Vera owners congrats.
Another great product by Sim Lian. Seem like buy sim lian project sure make money.

29-11-13, 09:45
According to URA master plan 2013 there will be a mix development in front of Parc Vera. Parc Vera owners congrats.
Another great product by Sim Lian. Seem like buy sim lian project sure make money.

Think there is still the super large 5 bedder penthouse at 3XXX sq ft going for only $2.XXm still available.

Kenshinto80
30-11-13, 10:06

Even without the mixed development, owners of Parc Vera will enjoy a lot of capital appreciation. The launched price then was damn attractive and unit layouts are super efficient. Based on current mkt, owners already sitting on huge paper gain. Those who dared to enter the mkt then and bought a unit will reap the benefits of good foresight for a very much valued deal.

Eh
15-01-14, 10:13
This project really hit jackpot with the empty land next to it slated for mixed commercial development. Who knows future defu MRT station might be nearby too.

Kenshinto80
16-01-14, 21:06
This project really hit jackpot with the empty land next to it slated for mixed commercial development. Who knows future defu MRT station might be nearby too.

Hi Eh, agree absolutely! The super spacious 4 bedders were then going for a crazy low price. With this new mixed developments, the value of Parc Vera will be further enhanced no doubt. Congrats to all owners! Who dares win!

Eh
17-01-14, 10:24
Hi Eh, agree absolutely! The super spacious 4 bedders were then going for a crazy low price. With this new mixed developments, the value of Parc Vera will be further enhanced no doubt. Congrats to all owners! Who dares win!

If I am not wrong 4 bedder was selling at $1.2x million.

17-01-14, 11:00

The 4 bedders were first to sell out :scared-4:,but of course think there was only 1 stack :doh:

ocean68a
20-01-14, 16:57
http://s887.photobucket.com/user/ocean68a/media/20140119_144204_zpsee65a51a.jpg.html

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac76/ocean68a/20140119_144204_zpsee65a51a.jpg?t=1390211721

winterflamingal
03-05-14, 02:53
Does anyone have a recent picture of the site?:D

star
18-04-15, 08:49
Deleted. Computer error.

MrTan
18-04-15, 08:53
Northpark residence will not get enbloc in future when condo get old because there is a bus interchange and cc.

Deleted. Human error.