PDA

View Full Version : Surveillance camera for security purpose

jesico
11-09-11, 20:18
Hi everyone,

Anyone has installed surveillance camera for your landed property to deter burglars/ thiefs/ break-ins? Which brand/ model etc do you use please and how is it configured, place where you put it (main gate etc)? Am renovating my place so would like to install one. Any suggestions welcome.

thanks very much in advance! :)

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 21:06
Chubb or sign up under Cisco.
Hi everyone,

Anyone has installed surveillance camera for your landed property to deter burglars/ thiefs/ break-ins? Which brand/ model etc do you use please and how is it configured, place where you put it (main gate etc)? Am renovating my place so would like to install one. Any suggestions welcome.

jesico
11-09-11, 21:25
Thanks - how about something that doesn't require monthly subscription? e.g. buying a system

mygeemeel
11-09-11, 23:51
Rear two chihuahuas?
Or else buy a $20 signage and hang it outside. (house guarded by ninjas).

xebay11
12-09-11, 08:41
Go to Sim Lim Square and browse for wireless IP camera. Get those that can be viewed on Iphone or Android.

Cheap and good. Just make sure u have an AC point. Use it to view front gate.

proud owner
12-09-11, 08:46
Chubb or sign up under Cisco.

Chubb only sound out ... scare tactics

Cisco will alert you and even send staffs down to your property

DC33_2008
12-09-11, 09:48
When my house was rebuilt, the contractor even offer me empty Chubb box to be placed outside the house to deter burgulars. My worry is that he might send people to my house. My neighbour just rebuilt his place and got security system from China as he has business there. Not sure about reliability. It good to have a reliable system to be able to sleep and travel in peace. Cisco's contract is not bad.
Chubb only sound out ... scare tactics

Cisco will alert you and even send staffs down to your property

proper-t
12-09-11, 10:15
Hi everyone,

As xebay11 mentioned, just a wired or wireless IP camera will be fine. As long as you have internet connection, you can even view it through your browser or iphone anytime you like. Some cameras even let you pan the camera left/right or up/down and zoom in. For more sophisticated cameras, they have motion detection and if you set it up to a storage hard drive, it can record and store the video.

The placement of this camera should be in an obscure place and preferably inside the house but facing out through a window towards your main gate or walls. You should ask your contractor to lay a power point as well as network access point (if you are getting wired camera) near where the camera will be sited.

jesico
12-09-11, 23:40
thanks very much, pple! :)