PDA

View Full Version : Sibor Interest Rate

royconago
31-08-11, 16:43
Hi

Can anyone confirm what is the 3Mth Sibor rate now?

My spread is at 0.98 and my bank charges me 1.432%.
Therefore, i reckon the 3Mth Sibor is at 0.45% (i thot it should be lower than this)
Can someone confirm, thanks

Roy Conago

dormer
31-08-11, 17:09
Hi

Therefore, i reckon the 3Mth Sibor is at 0.45% (i thot it should be lower than this)

Roy Conago
The Business Times today indicated around 0.35% for 3mth Sibor.

royconago
31-08-11, 17:12
The Business Times today indicated around 0.35% for 3mth Sibor.

Precisely, i wonder why my bank doesn't use the Business Times Sibor rate (0.35)? Is it due to any technicality that i am not aware., anyone know why?

Otherwise, i should give them a call to clarify.

Thanks

amk
31-08-11, 17:30
SIBOR3M was 0.4375 on 1 Aug.
It depends on your sibor terms. Some banks used the exact fixing date, some banks used the beginning of the month regardless of the fixing.

Ur case looks like using beginning of the month. let me guess. HSBC ?

royconago
31-08-11, 17:34
SIBOR3M was 0.4375 on 1 Aug.
It depends on your sibor terms. Some banks used the exact fixing date, some banks used the beginning of the month regardless of the fixing.

Ur case looks like using beginning of the month. let me guess. HSBC ?

Hi AMK

Not HSBC, it is DBS

So i should see the adjustment down in the next month statement, right?

taggy
31-08-11, 17:50
Hi AMK

Not HSBC, it is DBS

So i should see the adjustment down in the next month statement, right?

loan pegged to 3mth sibor will mean interest rate is revised every 3mth,
so if ur loan just started, then adjustment will only happen 3mth later.

yjcai
31-08-11, 20:55
0.32% + spread

mygeemeel
31-08-11, 21:43
Hi

Roy Conago

When did you sign your mortgage? I am wondering why your spread is 0.98%.

ecimbew
31-08-11, 22:23
Hi

Roy Conago

I remember my agent saying the bank takes the previous month's. So it is technically last month's rate that will be the prevailing rate.

royconago
01-09-11, 09:18
When did you sign your mortgage? I am wondering why your spread is 0.98%.

I signed up in 2009. now is still in progressive payment.

What is the spread nowadays?

terence
01-09-11, 10:13
You can't do much if your spread is fixed by the bank in 2009.
Spread currently is between 0.4 - 0.6%.
If u take a 3mth sibor now, it's about max 1%.

royconago
01-09-11, 13:50

Hi

Can i consider to take the re-financing path?
Will it help to reduce my spread (0.98)

DC33_2008
01-09-11, 15:06
Spread of 0.4 is attractive. Is there any lock-in or only for BUC?
Hi

Can i consider to take the re-financing path?
Will it help to reduce my spread (0.98)

Fisherman
01-09-11, 17:08
May I know which bank offer 0.4 pct spread? Any lock in? And if its for completed properties? Thanks.

irisng
01-09-11, 20:07
I signed up in 2009. now is still in progressive payment.

What is the spread nowadays?

I got from DBS at 0.75 + 3M SIBOR in early Apr this yr.

mygeemeel
01-09-11, 20:25
I got from DBS at 0.75 + 3M SIBOR in early Apr this yr.

I thought the current spread is 0.55%. I wonder which pkg gives 0.4%?

yjcai
01-09-11, 20:54
so rosy even in comex

mygeemeel
01-09-11, 22:13
so rosy even in comex

The only rosy ones in comex are the models. :D
Then again, our spore models cannot fight with BKK, Vietnam etc types.:D

Fisherman
13-09-11, 16:18
Hello Gurus, Need some advice. Noted that the 1 month SIBOR is much lower than the 3 month SIBOR nowadays. So apparently its better to take a loan basis the 1 month SIOBR plus spread than the one base on the 3 month SIBOR. Do you guys feel the same way? But I am not sure what are the fall backs going forward. Can the 1 month SIBOR be higher in the future? If so, under what circumstances can this happen? Appreciate expert advice. Many thanks.

devilplate
13-09-11, 16:21
Hello Gurus, Need some advice. Noted that the 1 month SIBOR is much lower than the 3 month SIBOR nowadays. So apparently its better to take a loan basis the 1 month SIOBR plus spread than the one base on the 3 month SIBOR. Do you guys feel the same way? But I am not sure what are the fall backs going forward. Can the 1 month SIBOR be higher in the future? If so, under what circumstances can this happen? Appreciate expert advice. Many thanks.
I am wondering too....

The loading is any higher for 1mth sibor?

amk
13-09-11, 16:37
Both Sibor1M and 3M are lending rates, shorter tenor is almost always lower than the longer tenor. By definition it's very unlikely I charge you higher rates lending you on a shorter tenor.

(So it's different from SOR, as SOR is NOT a lending rate. It's a forward fx implied rate, therefore it can be anything as fx expectation can be dramatically different)

Historically 1M had ever been higher than 3M in 1999. This is still possible when in some very specific period (like year end/quarter end) there is a sudden need to borrow large amount on a short period.

however the real thing u should consider is this: when rate starts to shoot up, your 1M fixing expires 1st. So being on 3M has an advantage of 3 month delay... whether it's worthwhile for you is individual decision

plan
19-09-11, 11:19
I think it's BS lah.
None of us here has seen a spread of 0.4%.
Even the given "max" range of 0.6% is not at all.
The recent spreads range mainly from 0.55% - 1.25%, the lower ends ones tends to be only first years with lock-ins.

land118
19-09-11, 12:03
What is the best lock-in and No locks-in spreads by Banks now for 1mth & 3mth Sibor? Also for BUC and Completed property, Anyone knows?

rattydrama
28-12-11, 13:15
1) 3 yrs fixed rate:
a. Rate: 1.22% (1st yr), 1.33% (2nd yr), 1.45% (3rd yr)
b. Lock-in 3 years
c. 2 years free Fire Insurance
d. Legal fee subsidy 0.5% capped at $2,500

2) No Lock-in Floating Rate :
a. Rate: 1-month SIBOR+0.75% for 1st 3 yrs
b. No Lock-in Period
c. 1 yrs free fire insurance
d. Legal Fee subsidy 0.5% capped at $2,500

mygeemeel
28-12-11, 14:32
b. No Lock-in Period

Just for comparison...
Mine is 1st year 1 month Sibor + 0.50%, 2nd year + 0.50%, 3rd year + 0.60%.

5 years fire insurance.
Full legal subsidy cap at $3,500

I understand that some banks pay higher commission to property agents. i searched and nego my own mortgage rates with all banks.

I highly recommend doing own homework.

devilplate
28-12-11, 15:24
Just for comparison...
Mine is 1st year 1 month Sibor + 0.50%, 2nd year + 0.50%, 3rd year + 0.60%.

5 years fire insurance.
Full legal subsidy cap at $3,500

I understand that some banks pay higher commission to property agents. i searched and nego my own mortgage rates with all banks.

I highly recommend doing own homework.
Urs is buc or completed? Any lock in?

rattydrama
28-12-11, 15:26
Urs is buc or completed? Any lock in?

that is what I am going to ask. In additional what is the min loan amount?

devilplate
28-12-11, 15:28
1) 3 yrs fixed rate:
b. Lock-in 3 years

b. No Lock-in Period

Which bank?

phantom_opera
28-12-11, 15:33
what goes down must come up, question is when and are we at the bottom of US Treasury yield ... imagine SIBOR turning up to 8%

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=%5eTNX&t=my&q=&l=&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US

hyenergix
28-12-11, 15:57
what goes down must come up, question is when and are we at the bottom of US Treasury yield ... imagine SIBOR turning up to 8%

http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/z?s=%5eTNX&t=my&q=&l=&z=l&a=v&p=s&lang=en-US&region=US

I think MAS intends to keep interest rates low and make SGD cheap to keep businesses running at the expense of savers and poor folks. Rich folks have more assets so there is less worry. The 5.7% inflation figure is a joke. Food, energy and properties are getting more expensive to acquire. Inflation should be staying around this level next year.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_748435.html

teddybear
28-12-11, 16:11
Office, commercial, and retail (including hawker stalls & coffee shops etc) properties have all gone up by so much!!!! Oh my god! These are the real ones causing my chicken rice's chicken and rice to shrink by so much! Why are there no CM to cool all these properties??? :scared-2:

Don't think CM5 is implemented for the goodness of citizens? If they want to do something good for the citizens, they should just cool all these commercial properties! Slap the foreigners and companies including REITS with 20% ABSD for milking the small businessmen and the consumers!!! :simmering:

I think MAS intends to keep interest rates low and make SGD cheap to keep businesses running at the expense of savers and poor folks. Rich folks have more assets so there is less worry. The 5.7% inflation figure is a joke. Food, energy and properties are getting more expensive to acquire. Inflation should be staying around this level next year.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_748435.html

hyenergix
28-12-11, 16:20
Office, commercial, and retail (including hawker stalls & coffee shops etc) properties have all gone up by so much!!!! Oh my god! These are the real ones causing my chicken rice's chicken and rice to shrink by so much! Why are there no CM to cool all these properties??? :scared-2:

Don't think CM5 is implemented for the goodness of citizens? If they want to do something good for the citizens, they should just cool all these commercial properties! Slap the foreigners and companies including REITS with 20% ABSD for milking the small businessmen and the consumers!!! :simmering:

On the ground the food inflation is getting a bit out of hand. The bad news is this inflation will go up much more in the next few years because of price floor of hawker food will be raised due to removal of rental subsidies by NEA.

If I'm not mistaken, Temasek uses its REITS to squeeze profits out from companies renting its space. So common folks are paying for Temasek's profits (to cover its losses), which is hardly returned to the common folks via low CPF interest rate.

DC33_2008
28-12-11, 16:32
There is alot more: SMRT, CapitalRetail Trust, etc.
On the ground the food inflation is getting a bit out of hand. The bad news is this inflation will go up much more in the next few years because of price floor of hawker food will be raised due to removal of rental subsidies by NEA.

If I'm not mistaken, Temasek uses its REITS to squeeze profits out from companies renting its space. So common folks are paying for Temasek's profits (to cover its losses), which is hardly returned to the common folks via low CPF interest rate.

Allthepies
28-12-11, 17:52
There is alot more: SMRT, CapitalRetail Trust, etc.
so just stay vested in them:) easy $$$$.government so nice to give citizens to invest

phantom_opera
28-12-11, 17:55
problem is being a small time investor, we have concentration risk when buying such stocks like SMRT ... if buy STI ETF dividend not so high

Back to square one

teddybear
28-12-11, 22:33
STI ETF very the not liquid and very few transactions? :doh:

problem is being a small time investor, we have concentration risk when buying such stocks like SMRT ... if buy STI ETF dividend not so high

Back to square one

devilplate
29-12-11, 01:02
STI ETF very the not liquid and very few transactions? :doh:
for small time investor....100-200k shdnt hf any problem offloading.....big time investors like u shdnt touch

stocks like genting, golden agri bestest for big timers like u

or play currency forex bestest.....everyday huge volume

mygeemeel
29-12-11, 08:52
The bankers consider mine as completed but after negotiating, he seek approval to offer me rates under new launch package.

Standchart. No lock in. Signed this year.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 08:54
1) 3 yrs fixed rate:
b. Lock-in 3 years

b. No Lock-in Period

I subscribe to Home Loan Singapore Pte Ltd. They usually track the rate.

devilplate
29-12-11, 08:58
The bankers consider mine as completed but after negotiating, he seek approval to offer me rates under new launch package.

Standchart. No lock in. Signed this year.
wah....vy gd rates....

power

devilplate
29-12-11, 09:10
the fixed rate looks goodie.....can help to check which bank offers tat?

Leeds
29-12-11, 09:22
Business Times - 29 Dec 2011
US$ Sibors hit 52-week highs
Shrinking supply of US dollars and rising demand are pushing up interest rates
By EMILYN YAP
(SINGAPORE) Less supply and more demand for US dollars in the banking system here are showing up in fast rising benchmark interest rates.
The three-month US dollar Singapore Interbank Offered Rate (USD Sibor) was 0.57278 per cent yesterday, staying at a 52-week high.
It has more than doubled in a mere four months, from 0.257 per cent at the start of August.
The one-month, six-month and 12-month USD Sibors were also at or hovering near peaks in the year.
'Liquidity is not as abundant as before,' said UBS wealth management research chief investment strategist in Singapore, Kelvin Tay.
USD Sibors have climbed swiftly since August as fears of a banking crisis brewing in the eurozone grew.
Some market watchers point to the wave of deleveraging by European banks as a reason for the hike. As they trimmed lending in Asia to boost their capital positions back home, the pool of US dollars available here shrank, they said.
Reluctance among banks to lend to one another could also have increased as the eurozone debt crisis shows no signs of clearing, some observers suggested.
The distrust is especially evident in the eurozone, where banks reportedly parked a record 452 billion euros (S$765.6 billion) at the European Central Bank's (ECB) overnight facility on Tuesday, even though they would have earned higher interest rates lending the money to other banks.
This came just days after the ECB lent 489 billion euros to 523 banks in an attempt to pump liquidity into the system.
'Most European banks took the ECB longer-term refinancing operations to shore up their balance sheets and partly swapping into the US dollar rather than lending to the economy,' said Maybank economist Saktiandi Supaat.
A reduced supply of funds may not be the only reason for steeper USD Sibor rates. 'I think it reflects increased dollar demand in Singapore, largely due to an increase in US dollar borrowings by Chinese corporates facing tight liquidity conditions at home,' said Barclays economist Leong Wai Ho.
Rising USD Sibors mean that banks here face higher costs of US dollar funding, but few market observers are raising alarms. In fact, the climbing rates give banks a chance to raise the spreads on the loans that they extend.
'If rising USD Sibor sustains, we believe banks will start to push up lending yields,' said CIMB analyst Kenneth Ng in a report in September, written shortly after USD Sibors started climbing.
'After all, all three Singapore banks did enjoy some of their best lending spreads during Q4 2008-2009, when foreign banks became risk-averse and cut their lending activities.'
OCBC economist Selena Ling also said that rising USD Sibors 'should be seen more as a normalisation from record low rates'. The 3-month USD Sibor for instance, remains much lower today than in 2008, when it peaked at over 4.79 per cent.
US dollar funding in Singapore is unlikely to dry out, Mr Saktiandi said. 'Central banks in the region already have the capability to ensure that US dollar liquidity is there, via existing US dollar swap lines (for instance),' he said.

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

mcmlxxvi
29-12-11, 12:39
Am currently enjoying 1.12% with dbs...

devilplate
29-12-11, 14:39
Am currently enjoying 1.12% with dbs...
sian....my spread all 0.8-1.0% :(

refinance wif same bank got not much bargaining power :(

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:23
If the interest rate increases further in 2012, it will be the ultimate cooling measure: http://siborratesingapore.blogspot.com/

If it goes up significantly and quickly in 2012, together with high inflation, it will kill buying sentiment, particularly large condo units. Even landed will not be spared.

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:25
If the interest rate increases further in 2012, it will be the ultimate cooling measure: http://siborratesingapore.blogspot.com/

If it goes up significantly and quickly in 2012, together with high inflation, it will kill buying sentiment, particularly large condo units. Even landed will not be spared.
how to goes up quickly?

the most go up to 2%++...+1% loading...3-4% nia

fixed rate can offer 1.8% for 4 damn yrs hor....if scare all convert to fixed rate now la.....3yrs fixed 1.4% now...

if really so scared....take fixed la NEOWWWWWWWWWWWW

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:26
Thought you got yours at 0.7 and below.
sian....my spread all 0.8-1.0% :(

refinance wif same bank got not much bargaining power :(

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:27
Thought you got yours at 0.7 and below.
did i tell u i got 0.7%? or who tell u? strange

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:28
how to goes up quickly?

fixed rate can offer 1.8% for 4 damn yrs hor....if scare all convert to fixed rate now la.....3yrs fixed 1.4% now...

if really so scared....take fixed la NEOWWWWWWWWWWWW
i will only consider fixed rate from mid 2012 onwards.....enjoy another 6mths sibor rate first la.....hohoho

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:30
So you did not refinance during the hot period.
did i tell u i got 0.7%? or who tell u? strange

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:32
how to goes up quickly?

fixed rate can offer 1.8% for 4 damn yrs hor....if scare all convert to fixed rate now la

Fixed rates now are quite attractive and should be safer. We are in un-charted waters now.

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:32
refinance within same bank no bargaining power......take it or leave it....:(

completed projects not so good rates.....somehow if refinance wif other banks incur clawback and new legal fees.....not worth it..

btw mine some other got deposit facility tats y higher loading....

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:35
Fixed rates now are quite attractive and should be safer. We are in un-charted waters now.
some ppl shout int rate will shoot up since late 2009...u believe them and convert to fixed rate u surely cursing and swearing

wakakaka

no nid to kancheong spider.....when sibor shows signs of up up.....convert all to fixed for those ppty u nvr wana sell

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:35
No wonder. Eyeing on gold to drop further now.
refinance within same bank no bargaining power......take it or leave it....:(

completed projects not so good rates.....somehow if refinance wif other banks incur clawback and new legal fees.....not worth it..

btw mine some other got deposit facility tats y higher loading....

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:37
anyway 0.8% spread very ok for me liao......last time back to 2006-07 it is 1.25% lor....

right now just monitor.....will surely convert some to fixed 3yr rate soon.....anytime after 2H 2012 :D

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:40
Gold is down at US$1553.

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:42

I will scoop up more if it drops further, but I don't think there will be further drop.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 16:43

haha I did as i monitor closely somehow got quite good luck... I got sor + 0.5% where sor is kept at min 0. some 0.75 thru-out and some BUC +0%.

hopefully sibor won rise too fast.

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:43
I will scoop up more if it drops further, but I don't think there will be further drop.
how sure r u?

prepare for the worst.....hope for the best

i rather wait for OZ $$ to drop and change some to keep for int

rattydrama
29-12-11, 16:44
Gold is down at US$1553.

what will be a good entry price? 1200 ok? eyeing....

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:45
haha I did as i monitor closely somehow got quite good luck... I got sor + 0.5% where sor is kept at min 0. some 0.75 thru-out and some BUC +0%.

u refinance can get 0.5%?

the best i can get is 0.8% thruout.....soemmore wana bang table wif my banker oredi.....wakakakakaka

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:45
I am referring to completed project. The saving on BUC is not so substantial.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 16:46
how sure r u?

I go for nz now..while waiting for gold and oz...

just email my contact hopefully will spill the beans for me and shall share with you.

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:46
Bang harder. Got it at 0.7% throughout for completed project.

the best i can get is 0.8% thruout.....soemmore wana bang table wif my banker oredi.....wakakakakaka

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:50
how sure r u?

Gold is an amulet against bad times and a nice glittering metal to me. I won't be worried even if it drops because I also treat it as $ spent to buy a decorative/gift item for family members.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 16:52

refinance only can get .7 for first yr,thereafter thru'out 0.75. done in Nov this yr.... sb actually can match and offer lower for me, but cos current bank able to waive penalty should I sell but must take-up another mortgage within 1 yr... easi for me cos i might just pull another loan to this bank. LOL

i nvr bang table, just say so and so bank also want my biz and I am considering and still considering but definitely will sign soon one day. the meat is there see if they want to take it or not lor......:D

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:52
Europe woes could hurt Australian economy
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/Article/Europe-woes-could-hurt-Australian-economy-PT2BB?opendocument&src=rss

If you are interested in Australia currency/fixed deposit...

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:53
Gold coins with the queen heads are quite popular 20 years ago. My parents bought it for us. I prefer gold bar. :D

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:54
Gold is an amulet against bad times and a nice glittering metal to me. I won't be worried even if it drops because I also treat it as $ spent to buy a decorative/gift item for family members.
gold bar u goto keep in the safe leh....

u cant even look at it....hehehe

devilplate
29-12-11, 16:55
refinance only can get .7 for first yr,thereafter thru'out 0.75. done in Nov this yr.... sb actually can match and offer lower for me, but cos current bank able to waive penalty should I sell but must take-up another mortgage within 1 yr... easi for me cos i might just pull another loan to this bank. LOL

i nvr bang table, just say so and so bank also want my biz and I am considering and still considering but definitely will sign soon one day. the meat is there see if they want to take it or not lor......:D
good for u ;)

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:55

I dont trust the banks and their safe.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 16:56
I am referring to completed project. The saving on BUC is not so substantial.

UOB offer and i take it. its a no brainer. yes the rest refer to completed projects.

hyenergix
29-12-11, 16:57
Gold coins with the queen heads are quite popular 20 years ago. My parents bought it for us. I prefer gold bar. :D

This is the additional value of gifting gold - someone will always remember the gift many years later.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 16:58
Bang harder. Got it at 0.7% throughout for completed project.argh missed by 0.05......:D :D

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 16:58
Can design a safe in the house just like what you see in the movie.

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 17:00
Good for you. fDid you go for 35 years tenure?
argh missed by 0.05......:D :D

rattydrama
29-12-11, 17:02
Good for you. fDid you go for 35 years tenure?

nope...i am more comfortable ard 25-30 yrs at the moment.

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 17:06
Gone for 35years tenure. Can make capital repayment as and when or even reduce the tenure later.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 17:06
Can design a safe in the house just like what you see in the movie.

need to check floor loading or not? :D :D seen a 1.2m height safe... 4 pax to carry also problem.....

going for another holiday tonite and wont be back until after new year. hopefully the market won crash.......LOL

wishing all a peaceful, healthy and properous 2012.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 17:08
Gone for 35years tenure. Can make capital repayment as and when or even reduce the tenure later.

that is true...maybe later on but some bank quite particular about tenure. SB is quite generous on tenure.

DC33_2008
29-12-11, 17:09
I meant build into the basement of landed property.

Have a great holiday. One of my resolutions isfor gold to drop to US1200. :D
need to check floor loading or not? :D :D seen a 1.2m height safe... 4 pax to carry also problem.....

going for another holiday tonite and wont be back until after new year. hopefully the market won crash.......LOL

wishing all a peaceful, healthy and properous 2012.

rattydrama
29-12-11, 22:18
Fixed rate is from bank of china.

hyenergix
30-12-11, 05:44
I meant build into the basement of landed property.

Have a great holiday. One of my resolutions isfor gold to drop to US1200. :D

I haven't seen gold below US$1500/ounce for a long time... If gold can run nearly out of stock at this price, then demand must be very high. Central banks might be quietly buying. Feb 2012 is a good gauge of global demand after the Chinese New Year is over.

bullman
30-12-11, 08:42
Fixed rate is from bank of china.

Thanks buddy for sharing this great deal.

Looking to take up long term fixed rate for 2 completed units, will nego for 5 years fixed if they can offer to me.

devilplate
30-12-11, 09:14
I haven't seen gold below US$1500/ounce for a long time... If gold can run nearly out of stock at this price, then demand must be very high. Central banks might be quietly buying. Feb 2012 is a good gauge of global demand after the Chinese New Year is over.
arent u following the herd mentality?

devilplate
30-12-11, 09:16
Thanks buddy for sharing this great deal.

Looking to take up long term fixed rate for 2 completed units, will nego for 5 years fixed if they can offer to me.
more den 3yrs not worth oredi....

i checked wif few banks.....3yrs about 1.4%, 4yrs jumped to nrly 2%

it prolly means banks here dun hedge more den 3yrs?

recently 3yrs fixed actually dropped abit while sibor rates actually up slightly.....

3yrs fixed damn gd deal now actually....floating rate oredi 1.1-1.2% currently......which also means banks r expecting rates to stay low for next 2-3yrs?

hyenergix
30-12-11, 09:35

Probably. The global situation is now too complex and volatile for my chicken-sized brain to analyse. I'm still keeping my cash reserves, but any additional cash is now pumped into hard assets like property and gold.

devilplate
30-12-11, 09:37
Probably. The global situation is now too complex and volatile for my chicken-sized brain to analyse. I'm still keeping my cash reserves, but any additional cash is now pumped into hard assets like property and gold.
anyway i tink u only buy abit....gold prolly form less den 10% of ur total asset.....

i aso got some gold coins.....but buy for emergency uses.....touchwood la....LOL

hyenergix
30-12-11, 09:48
anyway i tink u only buy abit....gold prolly form less den 10% of ur total asset.....

i aso got some gold coins.....but buy for emergency uses.....touchwood la....LOL

I only started buying gold in recent years, so you are right. Now I'm accumulating. The miners are expecting prices to go above US$2000 per ounce next year, and I think they should not be too far off.

devilplate
30-12-11, 09:54
The miners are expecting prices to go above US$2000 per ounce next year, and I think they should not be too far off.
its like u hearing agts saying ppty will go up in long run.....buy buy :p

teddybear
30-12-11, 10:00
Should it be "Bye Bye" instead? :scared-1:

hyenergix
30-12-11, 10:03

No need long run because it is right with us now. Property agents are right if they are selling properties near to transport nodes.

In the next 10-20 years, how do you move more than 6.5 million people around during peak hours? This additional 1.3 million people from the current 5.2 million will want to go to the same areas at the same time. There is a limit to road capacity and driving cost and traffic jam will go up exponentially. Properties just beside the MRT stations will just continue to rise.

bullman
30-12-11, 10:19
more den 3yrs not worth oredi....

i checked wif few banks.....3yrs about 1.4%, 4yrs jumped to nrly 2%

recently 3yrs fixed actually dropped abit while sibor rates actually up slightly.....

3yrs fixed damn gd deal now actually....floating rate oredi 1.1-1.2% currently......which also means banks r expecting rates to stay low for next 2-3yrs?

First 3 [email protected]% and the next 2 years@2% will give a rough guide of about 1.6% average. IMO, this is very good rates as not too long ago(2006 era), rates were about 4-5%. Maybe I am feeling old, but prefer to fix long term and stop worrying about monitoring the fluctuation in SIBOR etc. It distracts one from actively sniffing out more good deals.

Also, banks usually are more willing to negotiate if your LTV is at 50% and also deposit in the account an equivalent of about 2-3 years of monthly payment. Thats my usual safety buffer as I am less risk adverse.

bullman
30-12-11, 10:23

This is really interesting as I remember an old timer from the other property forum preaching about buying Silver and Gold since 2006. He gave strong evidence about the coming bull run and no one really heeded his advice, and he knew that. I listened to him and started buying from ICBC till 2009 when stopped because of the opportunities in property. Looking at the gold prices now, I can only laugh.

kane
30-12-11, 12:36
Gold will be an interesting proposition at slightly lower than current levels and I think it's draws because central banks have sacrificed monetary discipline to try and bail their nations out.

teddybear
30-12-11, 13:45
Still, putting money in gold is just false security as it is useful only when currencies are pegged to gold. Gold's price is expected to drop going forward, just a matter of time. So it will be back to square one for most people - No really good investment return avenue for their cash considering the risk.

Gold will be an interesting proposition at slightly lower than current levels and I think it's draws because central banks have sacrificed monetary discipline to try and bail their nations out.

devilplate
30-12-11, 13:49
First 3 [email protected]% and the next 2 years@2% will give a rough guide of about 1.6% average. IMO, this is very good rates as not too long ago(2006 era), rates were about 4-5%. Maybe I am feeling old, but prefer to fix long term and stop worrying about monitoring the fluctuation in SIBOR etc. It distracts one from actively sniffing out more good deals.

Also, banks usually are more willing to negotiate if your LTV is at 50% and also deposit in the account an equivalent of about 2-3 years of monthly payment. Thats my usual safety buffer as I am less risk adverse.
Not 4th and 5th yr 2%.....it is 4yrs average fixed at 1.8-1.9%

I will go for 3yrs fixed too....but not now....

Anyway now i got too much time......wif cm4 and 5, i will not buy ppty

DC33_2008
30-12-11, 14:31
Will wait till second half of 2012 to consider fixed rate where things are clearer. Quite happy with the existing rates.

bullman
30-12-11, 15:07

Thanks for sharing the insights. In that case, will take float with no lock in then. Remember to PM me when you are moving for fixed rates. :D

Does that mean that you will not continue to invest in this asset class as you subscribe to the herd's prediction of the much anticipated fall in prices? The next question is obviously when and by how much.

hyenergix
30-12-11, 15:10
Still, putting money in gold is just false security as it is useful only when currencies are pegged to gold. Gold's price is expected to drop going forward, just a matter of time. So it will be back to square one for most people - No really good investment return avenue for their cash considering the risk.

It depends on why you are buying gold. Why do people buy flowers, smoke cigars etc? They have -ve financial return.

teddybear
30-12-11, 15:31
Why are you talking about financial return for buying flowers and smoking cigars? :confused:
You don't know we are talking about it as an investment class which some people have been shouting "Buy buy"! (soon will be "Bye Bye"). :p

It depends on why you are buying gold. Why do people buy flowers, smoke cigars etc? They have -ve financial return.

devilplate
30-12-11, 15:44
Does that mean that you will not continue to invest in this asset class as you subscribe to the herd's prediction of the much anticipated fall in prices? The next question is obviously when and by how much.

as long cm4 and 5 stays.....i will stay out of ppty game ;)

hyenergix
30-12-11, 16:02
Why are you talking about financial return for buying flowers and smoking cigars? :confused:
You don't know we are talking about it as an investment class which some people have been shouting "Buy buy"! (soon will be "Bye Bye"). :p

When the perceived value of the item is lower and price is lower, but you see value and potential, then you buy.

I also don't know what you are talking about false sense of security about buying gold. It is a different hard-asset class from your normal financial instrument like fixed deposit.

Anyway off-topic in this thread.

teddybear
30-12-11, 16:11
Gold is never considered a hard-asset and worthy investment instrument to me. Since when people invest in physical gold in large quantities and deposit them at home or in a safe in the bank? Even if they do, they are not earning-generating, only incurring extra costs.

Gold only worth playing as commodity futures for speculation only (other than as accessories for wearing by ladies but only spent some money only). :D

When the perceived value of the item is lower and price is lower, but you see value and potential, then you buy.

I also don't know what you are talking about false sense of security about buying gold. It is a different hard-asset class from your normal financial instrument like fixed deposit.

Anyway off-topic in this thread.

devilplate
30-12-11, 17:22
Gold only worth playing as commodity futures for speculation only (other than as accessories for wearing by ladies but only spent some money only). :D

agree....metals more for speculation.....but if wana speculate....silver better ;)

i believe fiat $$ is here to stay

hyenergix
30-12-11, 18:15
Ok. We view gold differently.

amk
30-12-11, 19:17
I believe gold is the biggest bubble in the cmdty market :cool:

Something with negative carry, and the price of which is entirely demand driven. Gold has no real use other than jewelry.

More over the size of virtual gold traded is many times bigger than physical. Many gold products are not backed by physical. This is bubble by definition.

Yes very good to speculate.

amk
30-12-11, 19:20

yes, for personal mortgages. Also partially because there is no long term benchmark based mortgage offerings available. unlike US, we dun have long term SGD benchmark products to hedge with. The size of SGD bond program is very small, and illiquid.

hyenergix
30-12-11, 20:25
Gold is never considered a hard-asset and worthy investment instrument to me. Since when people invest in physical gold in large quantities and deposit them at home or in a safe in the bank? Even if they do, they are not earning-generating, only incurring extra costs.

Maybe it is a bubble. Anyway off-topic in this thread.

Fisherman
04-01-12, 19:13
Today Jan 4, 2012, the 3 month S$ SIBOR has reached 0.40625 pct p.a. That for US$ is 0.58100 pct p.a.. The 3 month SOR is now 0.52208 pct p.a..

mygeemeel
04-01-12, 19:32
Today Jan 4, 2012, the 3 month S$ SIBOR has reached 0.40625 pct p.a. That for US$ is 0.58100 pct p.a.. The 3 month SOR is now 0.52208 pct p.a..

Wah, SOR is higher than Sibor? What is 1 month Sibor?

latour
16-01-12, 14:35
TODAY'S RATES

SIBOR
SOR
1mth
3mth
6mth
9mth
12mth
Updated on 16/01/2012
View SIBOR/SOR Historical Trends (http://smp-consulting.com.sg/smpc/?option=com_content&view=article&id=62)

latour
16-01-12, 14:38
Sorry, the edit went off... heres the link...

http://smp-consulting.com.sg/smpc/latest/sibor/sor-historical-trends