PDA

View Full Version : EC price to go up by at least 5% to 10%

Pro888
30-08-11, 22:06
From today Chinese Newspaper,

Property experts are predicting EC price to increase by 5% to 10% due to the income ceiling being raised.

Watch out how the developers bid for the 2 EC plots @ Yishun & Pasir Ris. Analysts predict between $240 to $330 psf. Both tenders close in Oct.

hyenergix
30-08-11, 22:20
Eh I projected 10% months ago ;) . I'm not a property expert though :ashamed1:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=183041&highlight=10%25#post183041

Pro888
30-08-11, 22:48
Eh I projected 10% months ago ;) . I'm not a property expert though :ashamed1:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?p=183041&highlight=10%25#post183041

Ya lor. No need to be an expert to predict, but need them to "help" the developers to promote so that buyers are prepared.

kane
30-08-11, 22:54
This is common sense! Especially when they raised the income ceiling. So are the buyers going to make noise that it's a zero sum game that the effect of higher income ceiling was cancelled out by the higher prices?

Unless they are willing to direct influence the pricing of EC...

yjcai
30-08-11, 23:08
sim lian ec 2012. no 800 psf no talk since arc is 750 psf

DaytonaSS
30-08-11, 23:12
The rule only applies to new EC land bidded after the new ruling kick in right? So the old EC GLS doesnt benefit from this income ceiling increase. Unless the EC is in top top location next to MRT, developers will be more careful to raise price at this period i feel.

Pro888
30-08-11, 23:18
sim lian ec 2012. no 800 psf no talk since arc is 750 psf

Sim lian will not take the lead and act harshly. Probably 799psf or less. lol

DaytonaSS
30-08-11, 23:22
Sim lian will not take the lead and act harshly. Probably 799psf or less. lol

sim lian already got big head at tampiness, No? Personally i dont like condo developers whom do HDB. Hope i dont offend people with this statement.

Pro888
30-08-11, 23:22
The rule only applies to new EC land bidded after the new ruling kick in right? So the old EC GLS doesnt benefit from this income ceiling increase. Unless the EC is in top top location next to MRT, developers will be more careful to raise price at this period i feel.

EC will never be "too near" to the mrt.

Government sells land for EC & for Pte can be huge different (more than double)

DaytonaSS
30-08-11, 23:26
EC will never be "too near" to the mrt.

Government sells land for EC & for Pte can be huge different (more than double)

recently i observe, they like to release EC plots next/near to PC releases to screw developers.

Pro888
30-08-11, 23:28
sim lian already got big head at tampiness, No? Personally i dont like condo developers whom do HDB. Hope i dont offend people with this statement.

KBW said, don't sobo me lah. I haven sit long enough to warm my chair. Don't know how to answer for you.

DaytonaSS
30-08-11, 23:34
KBW said, don't sobo me lah. I haven sit long enough to warm my chair. Don't know how to answer for you.

KBW is flexing his muscle to show developers whos the Boss.

Pro888
30-08-11, 23:35
recently i observe, they like to release EC plots next/near to PC releases to screw developers.

Developers give them millions and billions of $$$. Will they?

DaytonaSS
30-08-11, 23:38
Developers give them millions and billions of $$$. Will they?

lastest example @ pungol new release.... think its call Boathouse. just across the road. I pity pple whom bought BH. EC owners will be so happy.

solsys
30-08-11, 23:42

Nothing really to screw as the sales of the Pte sites are doing very well, e.g. Eight Courtyards with 500++ units sold. Canberra Res also did very well.

I have the nagging feeling that the EC plot next to 8cy will be almost same price as 8cy, I.e. EC launched at 6-12mths after and priced the same in psf terms.

Look at the stretch of Woodlands Ave 12 next to Gambas, 3 industrial sites for tender.... Meaning more jobs and more residents for the North.

azeoprop
30-08-11, 23:44
Nothing really to screw as the sales of the Pte sites are doing very well, e.g. Eight Courtyards with 500++ units sold. Canberra Res also did very well.

I have the nagging feeling that the EC plot next to 8cy will be almost same price as 8cy, I.e. EC launched at 6-12mths after and priced the same in psf terms.

Look at the stretch of Woodlands Ave 12 next to Gambas, 3 industrial sites for tender.... Meaning more jobs and more residents for the North.

Buy more 8cy and boathouse now! Too bad not enough vitamin M. :ashamed1:

solsys
30-08-11, 23:52
Buy more 8cy and boathouse now! Too bad not enough vitamin M. :ashamed1:

Yes, not enough vitamin M..... must store power now.... Hehe.

DaytonaSS
30-08-11, 23:57

i am with the perception that EC are always ard 10% cheaper @ least? There was an article lately that shows EC have done so much better @ capital appreciation than their nearby PC neighbors.

So according to this theory, if buying at new towns , make sure check nearby empty land issit reserved site. Buyers should in most cases go for cheaper & comparable alternative.

on the flip side, If one owns a PC or EC, everyday pray FEO bid and corner all available plots of GLS/Enbloc in the region.

devilplate
31-08-11, 00:04
i am with the perception that EC are always ard 10% cheaper @ least? There was an article lately that shows EC have done so much better @ capital appreciation than their nearby PC neighbors.

So according to this theory, if buying at new towns , make sure check nearby empty land issit reserved site. Buyers should in most cases go for cheaper & comparable alternative.

on the flip side, If one owns a PC or EC, everyday pray FEO bid and corner all available plots of GLS/Enbloc in the region.
Ec is sort of subsidised....

Just like bto vs resale hdb, bto cfm make more money

yjcai
31-08-11, 00:09
why not? record land bid + they are not charitable organization + this one not public housing. premium on mrt and 3 shopping malls 100m away. hope i don't offend people too lol.

solsys
31-08-11, 00:09

Treasure Trove(EC) in Punggol higher than 8cy(pte) and Arc(EC)in Tampines is same as 8cy.

By the time the two ECs project after income ceiling raised are slated for preview, I think there's a good chance prices will be very close to $750psf or albeit lesser by then, I.e. 6-9mths from now.

Yishun, Woodlands developments are ramping up and all evidence points to many project TOP in year 2014-2016 to prepare for the usage of NSE and TSL due for completion in year 2018.

Pro888
31-08-11, 01:11

Same sentiment. EC price will "act" as a baseline and nearby Pte will gain from that. Buy laggard property, just like shares. Give some time.

A big piece of land opposite Yishun Sapphire is also for light industrial purposes. More jobs, more expat.....

Pro888
31-08-11, 01:17
Treasure Trove(EC) in Punggol higher than 8cy(pte) and Arc(EC)in Tampines is same as 8cy.

By the time the two ECs project after income ceiling raised are slated for preview, I think there's a good chance prices will be very close to $750psf or albeit lesser by then, I.e. 6-9mths from now.

Yishun, Woodlands developments are ramping up and all evidence points to many project TOP in year 2014-2016 to prepare for the usage of NSE and TSL due for completion in year 2018.

Justification for spending billions in NSE & TSL.

Must go with the wind.

ymgsterling
31-08-11, 17:29

I thought "old" EC will also benefit too?
Given that more buyers are qualified for the housing grant.

DaytonaSS
31-08-11, 21:05
I thought "old" EC will also benefit too?
Given that more buyers are qualified for the housing grant.

From what I read, only apply to new ec launch. First is tampiness Arc I think. Anyone go see already?

Pro888
31-08-11, 22:29
From what I read, only apply to new ec launch. First is tampiness Arc I think. Anyone go see already?

Yes. Tampines Arc will be considered. Will be very "hot". CNA reporter was not allowed into the showflat.

ecimbew
31-08-11, 22:35
Yes. Tampines Arc will be considered. Will be very "hot". CNA reporter was not allowed into the showflat.

Reporter should not bring camera crew along. It's best left to SPH's The Newpaper or STOMP journalist-wannabe do the job.

CNA should ask their TODAY paper journalist to sneak in with pin hole camera. :doh:

Saw this ad:

Arc @ Tampines

A 99 years leasehold development located at Tampines Ave 8, next to Temasek Poly, Tropica and Waterview condos.

Near??????!!!!

* Located near Tampines bus interchange and MRT stations

flagship74
31-08-11, 22:46
Reporter should not bring camera crew along. It's best left to SPH's The Newpaper or STOMP journalist-wannabe do the job.

CNA should ask their TODAY paper journalist to sneak in with pin hole camera. :doh:

Saw this ad:

Arc @ Tampines

A 99 years leasehold development located at Tampines Ave 8, next to Temasek Poly, Tropica and Waterview condos.

Near??????!!!!

Different pple have different definition of term "near":cheers1:

Pro888
31-08-11, 22:49

Saw this ad:

Arc @ Tampines

Near??????!!!!

You have the flyer too? Wow, across the whole of Singapore. CNA, Chinese News are talking abt it.

When they want to sell, every place is near. Also near Expo, Airport. lol

kane
01-09-11, 01:38
singapore so small, everything also near. Airport, Orchard Road all near lah. :D

Allthepies
01-09-11, 07:44
does it means PC price will go up by at least 5 to 10% too?

kane
01-09-11, 07:50
does it means PC price will go up by at least 5 to 10% too?
I think the effect to the PC market will be delayed.

ysyap
01-09-11, 07:58
does it means PC price will go up by at least 5 to 10% too?In a time when some factors point to price appreciation and some to price depreciation, think two possible scenarios will emerge.

1st, the price change, whether up or down, will be staggered and the window period will be relatively short, cramped within next two years so decisions to buy or sell must be swift and certain.
2nd, the price change will be so small over next two years or so, that prices are considered relatively stable.