PDA

View Full Version : A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

westman
21-09-11, 09:29
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_40ECD2C57E8211744825791100382920/$file/announce-IPT_A.Treasure.Trove.pdf?openelement

including $2.746m penthouse. buyers, check if they got a kelong deal or a fair deal as unit numbers and prices are disclosed. :)

For ease of reading... details of transaction as below:

#08-13 $722,000
#08-05 $727,000
#11-15 $1,189,000
#08-01 $727,000
#16-13 $964,000
#16-14 $1,354,000
#16-15 $2,746,000
#09-05 $731,000
#15-16 $1,100,000
#12-28 $1,081,000

bargain hunter
21-09-11, 10:42
thanks. anyone has the psf? see if its really 866psf average. LOL!

For ease of reading... details of transaction as below:

#08-13 $722,000
#08-05 $727,000
#11-15 $1,189,000
#08-01 $727,000
#16-13 $964,000
#16-14 $1,354,000
#16-15 $2,746,000
#09-05 $731,000
#15-16 $1,100,000
#12-28 $1,081,000

Worsty
21-09-11, 11:23
does your list also exclude the legendary "The Marq"?

No chance to see the insides of it :P

But been to my friends' unit at Colonnade and others around the area like Ardmore park and was already blown away by the size and furnishings. So with the Marq being much newer and more ex i can only imagine...

But to answer your question, yes. I will exclude that. Don't really like the location. I've been to Orchard like 5 times max this year. It crazily packed. Do locals besides secondary/JC/Poly/Uni students even go there these days? What's there that i can't buy in other malls in Singapore?

devilplate
21-09-11, 11:25
What's there that i can't buy in other malls in Singapore?

branded stuff still nid to go orchard wat

but hor, i found a gd alternative liao at MBS:D

Worsty
21-09-11, 11:39
branded stuff still nid to go orchard wat

but hor, i found a gd alternative liao at MBS:D

Yup. I was also thinking MBS. Completely empty in the afternoon. Again, easily accessible by ECP/KPE if you are at D14/15/16 and also ATT in this case.

stl67
21-09-11, 11:50
MBS parking expensive leh

devilplate
21-09-11, 11:57

they reduced a fair bit liao but den orchard parking aso quite ex lor with more ERP

if wana save some $, den park at the wilson open carpark opposite MBR :D

Worsty
21-09-11, 12:00

If you are buying branded stuff, do you think parking prices will come into play? I rather pay the parking and to have dedicated staff serving me then go orchard (which isn't that cheap in any case) and squeeze with every Tom Dick and Harry.

stalingrad
21-09-11, 12:16
pls quote.

or is it you're just living in your make-believes? :beats-me-man:

to me, you're just a typical keyboard warrior. nothing more.

I can quote many

Regulator: he said that ATT is haunted with M ghosts, and Punggol is polluted with carcinogenic smog from Juhor. he said the place stinks too.

Devilplate: he agreed that ATT is not cheap.

YSYAP: He agreed that ATT is scam and buyers are lemmings.

Need I quote more?

stalingrad
21-09-11, 12:22
Please don't come here and make nationality-biased baseless statements. If you start getting unwelcome remarks in every thread you go to, it is time to examine within yourself what went wrong.

biased? I am definitely not biased. Just look the childish, vicious attacks on me just because I speak the truth, you have to say that you singaporeans in general have problems, at least many of you. You should hang a sign at the airport,

"ostrich nation"

devilplate
21-09-11, 12:26
biased? I am definitely not biased. Just look the childish, vicious attacks on me just because I speak the truth, you have to say that you singaporeans in general have problems, at least many of you. You should hang a sign at the airport,

"ostrich nation"

how many ATT buyers r there vs 3mil+ pure breed singaporeans?

stalingrad
21-09-11, 12:29
how many ATT buyers r there vs 3mil+ pure breed singaporeans?
Don't forget Teddy, HP65, Avatar, XeBay,... the defenders of D10 and D9.

you must admit people in this country don't take criticisms and unpleasant truths well. they make personal attacks when hearing them.

Please stick to the debate. If ATT buyers think what we naysayers say are wrong, by all means point out we are wrong and why we wrong. Leave personal matters out of the debate. that will make people respect you more.

devilplate
21-09-11, 12:33
Don't forget Teddy, HP65, Avatar, XeBay,... the defenders of D10 and D9.

you must admit people in this country don't take criticisms and unpleasant truths well. they make personal attacks when hearing them.

Please stick to the debate. If ATT buyers think what we naysayers say are wrong, by all means point out we are wrong and why we wrong. Leave personal matters out of the debate. that will make people respect you more.

however, u like to label and name calling as well

stalingrad
21-09-11, 12:37
however, u like to label and name calling as well
I don't. it just seems so. unpleasant truths sound harsh, however you sugarcoat them.

by the way, my track records have been perfect in the debates,

I said the owners of D10 properties are dead meat. I have been right.

I said it was wrong to invest in UBS. I have to say I am right again.

devilplate
21-09-11, 12:42
I don't. it just seems so. unpleasant truths sound harsh, however you sugarcoat them.
????

ostrich nation is not name calling?:beats-me-man:

victorchoo
21-09-11, 12:44
I can quote many

Regulator: he said that ATT is haunted with M ghosts, and Punggol is polluted with carcinogenic smog from Juhor. he said the place stinks too.

Devilplate: he agreed that ATT is not cheap.

YSYAP: He agreed that ATT is scam and buyers are lemmings.

Need I quote more?

no one has been as crude as you in calling projects other than your lame carabelle (CB) as a "joke".

Go hide in your CB hole pls.

devilplate
21-09-11, 12:46

its not about how smart or how accurate u r

name calling is very unpleasant

victorchoo
21-09-11, 12:52

you don't???? who r u kidding? :mad:

From Parc Imperial thread:

this project is a joke. sorry, I have to say that.

Fleur
21-09-11, 12:59

"ostrich nation"

Please stop your childish name-calling here!!!

buttercarp
21-09-11, 13:04
People who have dementia tend to short term memory loss.
Schizophrenia patient have split personality.

Btw, stalingrad u r not singaporean?

"ostrich nation"

devilplate
21-09-11, 13:06

he is not....i tink he is from USA

buttercarp
21-09-11, 13:15
he is not....i tink he is from USA
He sounds russian ....

masterkey
21-09-11, 13:31
I wish we could just talk about properties.

Stoney Stone Stone
21-09-11, 13:34
This is a ATT forums.
We respect ATT buyers decsion, they use their own money and not yours.
Let continue our normal discussion.
If you think some forum is not worth to read, just ignore.
I am not ATT club but I am Sim Lian supporter.

ulrich76
21-09-11, 13:40
This is a ATT forums.
We respect ATT buyers decsion, they use their own money and not yours.
Let continue our normal discussion.
If you think some forum is not worth to read, just ignore.
I am not ATT club but I am Sim Lian supporter.

Yeah lets move on. Dun think this thread is of much use now. Want to buy also hardly any units left. Also won't have subsale until at least 3 years later. Lets wait for FEO/Frasers' Watertown! While Sim Lian seems to have spoilt the market for them, think the FEO/Frasers name will still carry a premium and people will still buy at $1,100psf

buttercarp
21-09-11, 13:44
Yes, cheers to all ATT buyers!:cheers1:

masterkey
21-09-11, 13:52
Yeah lets move on. Dun think this thread is of much use now. Want to buy also hardly any units left. Also won't have subsale until at least 3 years later. Lets wait for FEO/Frasers' Watertown! While Sim Lian seems to have spoilt the market for them, think the FEO/Frasers name will still carry a premium and people will still buy at $1,100psf

Given FEO quality over Sim Lian, integration with the megamall, its location right on the water edge, and closer proximity to the MRT station, buyers will still bite if it's say $100psf over ATT. For a 2 bedder, FEO can easily narrow the quantum difference by cutting down floor area a bit.

FEO must launch before another developer also "spoil" the market with < $1000 psf price, then the public expectation will see ATT type of prices as a benchmark rather than an aberration.

land118
21-09-11, 14:11
People who have dementia tend to short term memory loss.
Schizophrenia patient have split personality.

He's from Canada:

We actually almost went to Qifa, and we were impressed with the principal. At least she spoke english better than the Nanhua principal.

we ended up going to Canadian School because we were moving back to Toronto in a few years, and the schedule is more convenient. at canadian school, school hours are 9am to 3pm. at Qifa, it is 6am to 1pm. It is tough for kids that sleep late and get up late.

iwantgizmos
21-09-11, 14:12
Given FEO quality over Sim Lian, integration with the megamall, its location right on the water edge, and closer proximity to the MRT station, buyers will still bite if it's say $100psf over ATT. For a 2 bedder, FEO can easily narrow the quantum difference by cutting down floor area a bit.

FEO must launch before another developer also "spoil" the market with < $1000 psf price, then the public expectation will see ATT type of prices as a benchmark rather than an aberration.
cool... more action to come in punggol... stay tune....

land118
21-09-11, 14:33
He sounds russian ....

Canadian living in Carabelle..

we have a 3 bedder. 1,302 sqf. you want it? I don't mind selling at about 730psf.

the thing is I want my son to go to fairfield methodist primary, which put less emphasis on chinese. We prefer to live in the one north area.

Nanhua for me is too chinese, and kids are driven crazy there for chinese.

We paid about 600psf from the developer, sim Lian, which is a fair price. We do have a kid starting schooling next year. So, for me to sell, my kid has to hate Nanhua, which is possible, given that my son doesn't speak a lot of Chinese.

nah, clementiwoods and the stellar are at least 3 kms from nanhua. you can't even join the balloting.

buttercarp
21-09-11, 15:06
Canadian living in Carabelle..

We actually almost went to Qifa, and we were impressed with the principal. At least she spoke english better than the Nanhua principal.

we ended up going to Canadian School because we were moving back to Toronto in a few years, and the schedule is more convenient. at canadian school, school hours are 9am to 3pm. at Qifa, it is 6am to 1pm. It is tough for kids that sleep late and get up late.

Oh he going to balik kampung soon.
No wonder he tarok the ATT buyers.
Most probably won't be around to see ATT TOP.

Xan
21-09-11, 22:20
To those who bought ATT,

No need to be bothered by those "gurus wannabe" who try to criticize this project until it's not even worth a cent. In my opinion, this project has it's pros and cons. Frankly, it do have some upside potential due to it's proximity to amenities. I feel you guys had made valid points to defend what you've bought and frankly speaking, what you are buying is "not a joke".

A piece of advice to those who wished to share their excitement after your ATT purchase: "Not all people here will appreciate your excitement and happiness, some comments come with malicious attack or with personal agenda. Probably if you wish to share your excitement, it will be good to set up your own group of forum on ATT"

for your consideration.

stalingrad
22-09-11, 07:08
To those who bought ATT,

No need to be bothered by those "gurus wannabe" who try to criticize this project until it's not even worth a cent. In my opinion, this project has it's pros and cons. Frankly, it do have some upside potential due to it's proximity to amenities. I feel you guys had made valid points to defend what you've bought and frankly speaking, what you are buying is "not a joke".

A piece of advice to those who wished to share their excitement after your ATT purchase: "Not all people here will appreciate your excitement and happiness, some comments come with malicious attack or with personal agenda. Probably if you wish to share your excitement, it will be good to set up your own group of forum on ATT"

for your consideration.

malicious attack or with personal agenda?

Haha, yes we are jealous of you guys. we are so jealous we have turned completely green.

Kenshinto80
22-09-11, 10:47
Whaha, how come this guy so Guai Lan one? :tsk-tsk:

ulrich76
22-09-11, 11:03
Aiya, lets discuss ATT 3 years later when it nears TOP.
Waiting for the thread on Bishan capland project to start, so we can have more details from agents. Saw the video on H88. Super nice leh, that project confirm not a joke ok! But then I think it still lose to Carabelle hahahaha

devilplate
22-09-11, 11:08
Aiya, lets discuss ATT 3 years later when it nears TOP.
Waiting for the thread on Bishan capland project to start, so we can have more details from agents. Saw the video on H88. Super nice leh, that project confirm not a joke ok! But then I think it still lose to Carabelle hahahaha

i never heard stalingrad give positive comments for any of the new launches since the day i join

land118
22-09-11, 11:13
i never heard stalingrad give positive comments for any of the new launches since the day i join Have, one & only Carabelle...:D

Let's see when Oxley launch the enbloc Hong Leong Gdns, see what he say. I think got chance he may say something good, since it may affect his Carabelle resale..

stalingrad
22-09-11, 11:19
i never heard stalingrad give positive comments for any of the new launches since the day i join
not fair to say that? I did say that the the luxurie is pretty good compared with ATT. I also said that I liked some of the condos in D23.

but yes, I have reserved my worst vitriol for D10 properties. they are just accidents waiting to happen.

devilplate
22-09-11, 11:20
not fair to say that? I did say that the the luxurie is pretty good compared with ATT. I also said that I liked some of the condos in D23.

but yes, I have reserved my worst vitriol for D10 properties. they are just accidents waiting to happen.

i was refering to new launches

actually luxurie considered lousy from wat i gathered from u.....u r implying luxurie is the best among the worse....hehe

stalingrad
22-09-11, 11:21
Have, one & only Carabelle...:D

Let's see when Oxley launch the enbloc Hong Leong Gdns, see what he say. I think got chance he may say something good, since it may affect his Carabelle resale..

No, my wife just bitched about Hong leong Gardens having been sold. the construction is going to mess up the neighborhood, not mentioning more mozzie problems. I have not even seen one mozzie since we moved into carabelle. but things may change when construction begins next door.

stalingrad
22-09-11, 11:22
i was refering to new launches

actually luxurie considered lousy from wat i gathered from u.....u r implying luxurie is the best among the worse....hehe

come on, be fair. I said luxurie has better facilities, better layout and fewer balconies. these are extremely positive comments from anyone.

p3nboy
22-09-11, 15:02
London bridge is falling down, falling down....

toufu
22-09-11, 15:57
come on, be fair. I said luxurie has better facilities, better layout and fewer balconies. these are extremely positive comments from anyone.

wah haha.. i was looking at the floor plan of luxuries. Yes, only 1 balcony but it is super big that span from the living room to the bedroom! That is as good as 2 balconies!

And the bedroom cannot fit in a queen size bed.

Please study the floor plans carefully before making your comments. :rolleyes:

GSLJ
22-09-11, 15:59
Lux, ground floor units got your own private pool!

How cool is that? :D

stalingrad
22-09-11, 17:00
wah haha.. i was looking at the floor plan of luxuries. Yes, only 1 balcony but it is super big that span from the living room to the bedroom! That is as good as 2 balconies!

And the bedroom cannot fit in a queen size bed.

Please study the floor plans carefully before making your comments. :rolleyes:
Come on, don't exaggerate! bigger but not much bigger than one balcony ATT. but you get two or even three balconies at ATT.

thomastanwk
22-09-11, 17:08
Come on, don't exaggerate! bigger but not much bigger than one balcony ATT. but you get two or even three balconies at ATT.

Wrong my unit only has one balcony.

victorchoo
22-09-11, 17:47
U can't deny the fact that Lux bedrooms can't accommodate a queen size bed. I have been to the showroom and witnessed it myself.

craze
22-09-11, 20:56

out of curiosity, how many properties have u seen in D10?
BTW i also marketing carabelle for SL during launch, what attract u to buy it?
price,layout or location or.....?

stalingrad
23-09-11, 07:01
out of curiosity, how many properties have u seen in D10?
BTW i also marketing carabelle for SL during launch, what attract u to buy it?
price,layout or location or.....?
locaton. it is close to where I work. also, it is convenient to get around. it is only 20 minutes away from Shenton way by west coast highway. clementi mall is on the other side of AYE. We can just walk there.

Seen most condos along bukit timah and Farrer road. Saw nothing worth buying. Casabella and Duchess Residences were jokes with respect to pricing.

stalingrad
23-09-11, 07:06
U can't deny the fact that Lux bedrooms can't accommodate a queen size bed. I have been to the showroom and witnessed it myself.

most bedrooms can accommodate kings. Junior bedrooms are for juniors.

victorchoo
23-09-11, 07:33
Are u implying that it is ok for common bedrooms to be so small that they can accommodate no bigger than single sized beds?

DC33_2008
23-09-11, 17:29
Even King has to stay in smaller Masterbedroom these days. Depends whether he is a new king or old king. :scared-4:

buttercarp
23-09-11, 18:39
Even King has to stay in smaller Masterbedroom these days. Depends whether he is a new king or old king. :scared-4:

Or small king or big king.........

Really can't imagine a bedroom that cannot accomodate a queen size bed.
I would feel claustrophobic!

terence
24-09-11, 10:08
so what's the average psf for 2bdrm and 3bdrm?
Patio and penthouse prices?

azeoprop
24-09-11, 10:10
2 bedder stack 775sf
02 $703k
08 $727k
15 $756k

2 + study stack 915sf
02 $811k
08 $842k
15 $877k

3 bedder stack 1044sf
02 $935k
08 $967k
15 $1022k

3 + study stack 1206sf
02 $1021k
08 $1058k
15 $1100k

4 bedder stack 1335sf
02 $1133k
08 $1171k
15 $1213k

This was the preview price, all same size units same floor are same price.

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 10:17
Question is " What is left?"
This was the preview price, all same size units same floor are same price.

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 15:34
ATT already sold 80% of the launched units. Great news for owners. Can start construction. :)

kane
24-09-11, 20:30
ATT already sold 80% of the launched units. Great news for owners. Can start construction. :)

How many percent of total units need to be sold before they can start construction?

toufu
24-09-11, 21:21
How many percent of total units need to be sold before they can start construction?

they have already started constructions. On the left, they are fabricating the steel cages and boring the holes for the foundations. :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/TsPuAl.jpg (http://imgur.com/TsPuA)

kane
24-09-11, 21:31
interesting aerial view of the entire plot. that's the first time i'm seeing the matilda house.

toufu
24-09-11, 21:45
they have already started constructions. On the right, they are fabricating the steel cages and boring the holes for the foundations. :cool:

hope ATT will sell out by October so that the contractor can take over the whole site and TOP asap :)

azeoprop
24-09-11, 22:22
Punggol waterway. :)

ecimbew
25-09-11, 11:43
Punggol waterway. :)

Very nice!

solsys
25-09-11, 16:50
Very nice!

Looks nice, will check out someday.

terence
25-09-11, 17:29
I was at ATT yesterday. Showroom still packed..most good units are gone...The bedroom sizes are fine i feel. But dining area is really small, can only put in a 4 seater dining table...

Agree with the forumers here that the project could do with better fittings and flooring.
Simply too many units resulting in close proximity between blocks.
ALso not enough parking for every unit..

At current price of about 900psf for this project, i think its overpriced.... probably the preview prices are more reasonable :) Congrats to those who got it earlier.

p3nboy
26-09-11, 13:25
now they have to bite the bullet....

26-09-11, 14:18
I was at ATT yesterday. Showroom still packed..most good units are gone...The bedroom sizes are fine i feel. But dining area is really small, can only put in a 4 seater dining table...

Agree with the forumers here that the project could do with better fittings and flooring.

At current price of about 900psf for this project, i think its overpriced.... probably the preview prices are more reasonable :) Congrats to those who got it earlier.

Maybe SL should follow FE and differentiate either 1 block, stack with premium fittings and at slighly premium price. The premium row, stack , block apart from the premium house :p

masterkey
26-09-11, 16:41
Any updates on % sold?

SL probably more than break even by now, and can sell the balance at a leisurely pace. Each additional unit sold will be pure profit...:cheers1:

old_hero
26-09-11, 22:28

Hard to say. 2 years back, no one can imagine a condo in Punggol/Sengkang selling for > $1.0 MM

Kenshinto80
27-09-11, 19:49

Also went down to ATT and drove around the area before entering the showflat.....and I was extremely surprised by the extremely close proximity to the MRT and Far East upcoming Mega Mall. The location is a gem within Punggol. My personal view is that even for those who bought now, the upside potential is definitely well worth the investment risk. Buyers like Ulrich76 and Toufu definitely have great foresight as currently, the area looks kind of remote with very little amenities.....but that is for now...in 4 years time, Punggol town centre will be totally transformed.

As for pricing, the only major risk (again my personal view) is if Far East sell their apartments way below 1000psf for their 900 apartments in Watertown hence there seems to be a huge margin of safety built into the purchase price for owners.

My only qualm is with the number of parking lots which as per the agent claim is statistically proven not to be an issue for projects near MRT but I am still not very convinced. For fitting and internal finishing, it does not really matter as it can be changed for those that wants to tailor their dream home.....but for location, there is no way to alter it....being in the heart of Punggol speaks volume for this development.

Let's have a bet on the resales psf for ATT when the Far East commercial development is completed should we? :p

ulrich76
27-09-11, 20:39
Kenshinto, thanks for your objective views :) a bit too early to talk about resale no thanks to 4 yrs ssd. It can be 1200psf or 600psf, depending on what happens in the future. For buyers like me, guess it proved to be too tempting to miss, with the current state of the property market

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 20:47
It will go up not now but 4 years later. :)
Also went down to ATT and drove around the area before entering the showflat.....and I was extremely surprised by the extremely close proximity to the MRT and Far East upcoming Mega Mall. The location is a gem within Punggol. My personal view is that even for those who bought now, the upside potential is definitely well worth the investment risk. Buyers like Ulrich76 and Toufu definitely have great foresight as currently, the area looks kind of remote with very little amenities.....but that is for now...in 4 years time, Punggol town centre will be totally transformed.

As for pricing, the only major risk (again my personal view) is if Far East sell their apartments way below 1000psf for their 900 apartments in Watertown hence there seems to be a huge margin of safety built into the purchase price for owners.

My only qualm is with the number of parking lots which as per the agent claim is statistically proven not to be an issue for projects near MRT but I am still not very convinced. For fitting and internal finishing, it does not really matter as it can be changed for those that wants to tailor their dream home.....but for location, there is no way to alter it....being in the heart of Punggol speaks volume for this development.

Let's have a bet on the resales psf for ATT when the Far East commercial development is completed should we? :p

mantrix
27-09-11, 21:35
It will go up not now but 4 years later. :)

it must go up by more than 20% else SSD will take the bulk of the profits ...

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 21:36
Not sure if it can go up by 20%?
it must go up by more than 20% else SSD will take the bulk of the profits ...

terence
27-09-11, 21:43
ssd 4 years...20% upside also dun make within 1 to 2 years..
also at 800+ units, subsale plenty of choices...
plus provided 4 years down in 2015 property mkt in upswing...
for buyers with long term view of 10 yrs or more..should be fine :)

mantrix
27-09-11, 21:44
Not sure if it can go up by 20%?

i dun think so but if they want to flip prices must appreciate by 20% or more for them to sell and make sense....else 16% gone back to garmen liao :scared-1:

toufu
27-09-11, 21:48
in order to have 20% profit, the price must increase to avg 1056psf (base on current avg 880psf) - about luxurie current avg price.

hope this happen if the economy in Singapore does not dive :scared-3:

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 21:56
Prices usually does not move much in developments with majority of people buy for own stay.
in order to have 20% profit, the price must increase to avg 1056psf (base on current avg 880psf) - about luxurie current avg price.

hope this happen if the economy in Singapore does not dive :scared-3:

kane
27-09-11, 22:01
Prices usually does not move much in developments with majority of people buy for own stay.

But quartz which seems more suitable for home stay seems to have appreciated a fair bit. I think those where the developers priced a huge premiums are the ones that don't move up by much.

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:15
Unless you see the kind of capital appreciation like the last few years in the next few years.
But quartz which seems more suitable for home stay seems to have appreciated a fair bit. I think those where the developers priced a huge premiums are the ones that don't move up by much.

kane
27-09-11, 22:31
Which developments do you see having better appreciation that aren't mostly for self stay?

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:34
Price will still move but Flippers helps to move property prices up faster.
Which developments do you see having better appreciation that aren't mostly for self stay?

kane
27-09-11, 22:38
Price will still move but Flippers helps to move property prices up faster.

Valid point, ssd stands in the way of flipping though.

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:41
So moving forward, prices will not move so fast. :(
Valid point, ssd stands in the way of flipping though.

kane
27-09-11, 22:58
So moving forward, prices will not move so fast. :(

Easier for you to buy mah when prices don't move so quickly.

ecimbew
28-09-11, 00:20

Yup that's very true. You need people, a group of them, to persistently wanting high prices before selling their unit.

devilplate
28-09-11, 00:53
True...but also wun drop much during downside

Those projects mainly bot by investors likely to experience the opposite

ecimbew
28-09-11, 01:29
It will be a gd weekend home but traffic to reach office in town is a major headache.

kane
28-09-11, 08:31
It will be a gd weekend home but traffic to reach office in town is a major headache.

Unless you take the train. For those who have stayed in punggol, does KPE help in speeding upturned access to town on weekday mornings?

DC33_2008
28-09-11, 12:27
Not so bad if they work near changi business park.

ysyap
28-09-11, 12:43
Unless you take the train. For those who have stayed in punggol, does KPE help in speeding upturned access to town on weekday mornings?It takes about 20 mins to drive to Nicoll Highway from Punggol before 7.30am. Not too sure about other time slot when the traffic would be slightly heavier. :cool:

cl0ver
28-09-11, 14:45
not only for those in punggol, but sengkang as well, takes 30mins to drive back from CBD after 7pm

masterkey
28-09-11, 15:25

seriously? A weekend home, like, less than 20km away?

devilplate
28-09-11, 15:48
not only for those in punggol, but sengkang as well, takes 30mins to drive back from CBD after 7pm
Actually 30mins is fine by international standard but by sg standard:tsk-tsk:

Tats y our cars very underutilise....one yr prolly 15-20k nia...lol
Car cost ownership one of the highest in the world but also the most under utilised....whAha

cl0ver
28-09-11, 15:59
thats with current traffic...
i remember driving back after Linkin Park concert... took 16mins only...

ulrich76
28-09-11, 20:17

i think it is hard for someone who does not stay in punggol/sengkang to believe in the convenience of kpe. Driving at 70kmh, it actually takes only 10 mins to reach ecp fort road from sengkang east at the other end. Added advantage is being in tunnel, traffic does not slow during rain

kane
28-09-11, 21:34
i think it is hard for someone who does not stay in punggol/sengkang to believe in the convenience of kpe. Driving at 70kmh, it actually takes only 10 mins to reach ecp fort road from sengkang east at the other end. Added advantage is being in tunnel, traffic does not slow during rain

Is there heavy traffic on the kpe in the mornings like pie or cte? Never tried that expressway in the mornings.

toufu
28-09-11, 21:43
Is there heavy traffic on the kpe in the mornings like pie or cte? Never tried that expressway in the mornings.

KPE is excellent, for now... Stay in Sengkang. Always can reach town (Suntec) in 15 mins (even during peak hours) and there is no ERP! but not too sure when Sengkang and Punggol become mature estate. :(

ecimbew
28-09-11, 21:45
Not so bad if they work near changi business park.

Indeed. It's gd for those working nearby.

terence
28-09-11, 21:46
Before 0730hrs, traffic is good in KPE.
After that, slow traffic leading to the entrance of KPE...
Generally still ok lah..
But prepare to pay when the ERP comes up.
Also with the impending "TOP" of the massive supply of Punggol HDB flats this year and the next 2 years...can't imagine the traffic and the human traffic congestion.
I been in Punggol for a near decade...from a nice and quiet estate to a twon bustling with people everywhere.
Good or bad...it's up to individual

abbong
28-09-11, 21:47
Aren't you an owner of Clover By The Park? Bought a unit here (A Treasure Trove)?

mantrix
28-09-11, 21:58
Aren't you an owner of Clover By The Park? Bought a unit here (A Treasure Trove)?

she bought for investment then sold off for a healthy profit :D

kane
28-09-11, 22:39
KPE is excellent, for now... Stay in Sengkang. Always can reach town (Suntec) in 15 mins (even during peak hours) and there is no ERP! but not too sure when Sengkang and Punggol become mature estate. :(

NO ERP and it's not jammed??!! I would have thought the 2 ERP gantries at CTE would have deflected some traffic over to KPE.

toufu
28-09-11, 22:43
NO ERP and it's not jammed??!! I would have thought the 2 ERP gantries at CTE would have deflected some traffic over to KPE.

yah so far never jam, be it peak or non peak hrs. However, during peak hours, the traffic lights before entrance to KPE may slow down the traffic. :mad: but once u cross the traffic lights and into KPE, smooth like a river :cool:

kane
28-09-11, 22:51
yah so far never jam, be it peak or non peak hrs. However, during peak hours, the traffic lights before entrance to KPE may slow down the traffic. :mad: but once u cross the traffic lights and into KPE, smooth like a river :cool:

put one ERP gantry before the traffic light and the whole ride will be smooth like a river.

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 08:57
Is it true? There is still traffic jam along ECP in the evening with ERP grantry. Pay and Pack. :doh:
put one ERP gantry before the traffic light and the whole ride will be smooth like a river.

stl67
29-09-11, 09:30
KPE is good. I use it 6 times a week. Notice at the end of the tunnel towards the exit of the ECP, there seems to be some extension. Anyone knows what the gov going to do?

Also, looking forward to the completion of the via duct at Potong Pasir/Bendemeer.

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 10:03
Traffic aside, SL seems to be a very accommodating developer who allows for personalised alteration (convert toilets to storeroom, upgrade of floor finishes, etc.) to their units as can be seen in Waterview site. They are setting new standards on personal service. :) Good for ATT owners.

Cyberknight
29-09-11, 11:21
KPE is good. I use it 6 times a week. Notice at the end of the tunnel towards the exit of the ECP, there seems to be some extension. Anyone knows what the gov going to do?

Also, looking forward to the completion of the via duct at Potong Pasir/Bendemeer.

To e new underground marina coastal expressway. Go to marina barriage, u will see all the constructions cum retaining walls under the water.

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 13:33
Why so mean?
To e new underground marina coastal expressway. Go to marina barriage, u will see all the constructions cum retaining walls under the water.

Cyberknight
29-09-11, 22:06
Why so mean?
:doh: :doh: :doh:
The plan is there whether u like it or not, KPE links to MCE then to AYE by 2014.

Merkon
30-09-11, 09:18

excellent news!!

iwantgizmos
30-09-11, 10:59
MCE Brochure looks cools though...
Kinda big project....
Expect rise in ERP prices soon to cover construction costs... :doh:
http://www.lta.gov.sg/projects/images/MCE%20Brochures.pdf

bargain hunter
30-09-11, 12:47
Sim Lian will release tomorrow the remaining 92 units at A Treasure Trove, a 99-year leasehold private condo. The average price of the final batch of units is expected to be the same as the previous release of 200 units on Sept 17, that is, slightly higher than $866 psf average price at which the project was previewed earlier this month. BT understands that as of yesterday, about 680 of the 790 units released to date in the 882-unit project had found buyers.

DC33_2008
30-09-11, 13:00
Question: Are these better units than before?
Sim Lian will release tomorrow the remaining 92 units at A Treasure Trove, a 99-year leasehold private condo. The average price of the final batch of units is expected to be the same as the previous release of 200 units on Sept 17, that is, slightly higher than $866 psf average price at which the project was previewed earlier this month. BT understands that as of yesterday, about 680 of the 790 units released to date in the 882-unit project had found buyers.

hyenergix
30-09-11, 13:01
Question: Are these better units than before?

Good units are long gone.

DC33_2008
30-09-11, 13:04
SL has adopted the wrong strategies of releasing units. :doh:
Good units are long gone.

30-09-11, 13:09
SL has adopted the wrong strategies of releasing units. :doh:

They looked like they were in a hurry to clear units, thought they should have kept some to be lauched when FE launched theirs at the town centre.

ysyap
30-09-11, 13:14
Its a natural reaction, looking at the gloomy outlook of the ailing world economy. They are unwilling to risk it. :D

azeoprop
30-09-11, 13:19
They are rushing to launch another project at hougang ave 7 also. Seems like they are trying to clear their landbank.

:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
30-09-11, 13:30
Economics Tsunami is coming:scared-4:

p3nboy
30-09-11, 16:12
when the 1.39M retreat, there will be a lot of weak knees...:D

toufu
30-09-11, 17:51
Tmr they are going to release all the remaining stacks with slight price increase! Yeah!! Hope it will be sold out by mid Oct :)

Condorich
30-09-11, 22:58
Bad choice, later launches going to be cheaper....

toufu
30-09-11, 23:54

Quite unlikely, the watertown just across the road by FCL/FEO, which will be launched in 2012 Q1, will be at around $1200 psf as they bid the land at $795 psf. Including construction cost, their breakeven cost could be $1000 psf (now that steel is getting cheaper). So they will most likely sell at $1.2k psf.

If property market collapse, i guess FEO will not launch it, since they are famous for selling high and have super strong holding power. :tongue3: but they can't hold for long because normally govt require them to complete the whole project and obtain Certificate of Statutory Completion within 60 months (5 years) from their successful bid. So at most they can only delay launching it one year later. That is Q4 2012?

devilplate
30-09-11, 23:57
Quite unlikely, the watertown just across the road by FCL/FEO, which will be launched in 2012 Q1, will be at around $1200 psf as they bid the land at $795 psf. Including construction cost, their breakeven cost could be $1000 psf (now that steel is getting cheaper). So they will most likely sell at $1.2k psf.

If property market collapse, i guess FEO will not launch it, since they are famous for selling high and have super strong holding power. :tongue3: but they can't hold for long because normally govt require them to complete the whole project and obtain Certificate of Statutory Completion within 60 months (5 years) from their successful bid. So at most they can only delay launching it one year later. That is Q4 2012?
Can always build first and launch later

bargain hunter
01-10-11, 00:27
wow, welcome back after a 1 year absence! where have u been in the past year?! :)

stalingrad
01-10-11, 08:28
wow, welcome back after a 1 year absence! where have u been in the past year?! :)

funny thing is that after a long absence, his first prediction that buyers of ATT will lose money.

that will make him popular with a lot of people here.

Montaigne
01-10-11, 10:27
funny thing is that after a long absence, his first prediction that buyers of ATT will lose money.

that will make him popular with a lot of people here.

So far from what I come across, his posts are all negative. ATT buyers if bought for own stay, it is a great buy. I wanted to get ATT when it launched, but spouse said either go for freehold or EC if wanted LH99. Waitng for the plot beside Primo residences. If launch cheaper than Primo, sure bite hee hee..

phantom_opera
01-10-11, 10:35
FEO land is commercial cum residential, cannot use the psf to judge as we do know the ratio of commercial to residential space and how high commercial psf can be ... i agree FEO may not launch so soon given the horrible stock market performance

Stock market is predicting property prices to go back to end 2009 level:

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=FSTAS8600.SI&t=5y&l=on&z=l&q=l&p=&a=&c=

DC33_2008
01-10-11, 12:35
Difficult for PR neighbouring plots to launch below PR pricing unless there is a major correction in Singapore's property prices. ATT remaining units launches coincide with the launch of the ponggol waterfront news. Good Timing. :)
So far from what I come across, his posts are all negative. ATT buyers if bought for own stay, it is a great buy. I wanted to get ATT when it launched, but spouse said either go for freehold or EC if wanted LH99. Waitng for the plot beside Primo residences. If launch cheaper than Primo, sure bite hee hee..

Gregina
01-10-11, 19:50
Hmm, the condo cost price of feo plot is ard 755psf...
According to hdb site, there is an allocated town square of 0.4ha which is for community activities. And a stated 50,400 sqm of gross commercial space.
So proportion of residential is 71,600 sqm out of the total permissible gross of 126,000sqm.
Using bid price of 1.021bil multiply by the residential ratio and converting it to sqft, 755psf is derived. So speculation of 1k psf is reasonable...

phantom_opera
01-10-11, 21:10
Luxurie, My Manhattan, ATT are the new breed of condos with 20m balcony to balcony distance, we are finally matching HK standard ... it will be interesting to see whether FEO will create similar product

After a visit to these projects, my conclusion is: better get NV residences at 800+psf, equally close to MRT but at least with decent privacy and swimming pool

Site area: 328110 sqft
642 units

yjcai
01-10-11, 21:37
Luxurie, My Manhattan, ATT are the new breed of condos with 20m balcony to balcony distance, we are finally matching HK standard ... it will be interesting to see whether FEO will create similar product

After a visit to these projects, my conclusion is: better get NV residences at 800+psf, equally close to MRT but at least with decent privacy and swimming pool

642 units

OHHH ain't you motivated? Luxury index for NV is 511 sq feet per unit. So spacious. Ya the trend now is more cramp and smaller with higher and higher psf.

iwantgizmos
01-10-11, 21:42
OHHH ain't you motivated? Luxury index for NV is 511 sq feet per unit. So spacious. Ya the trend now is more cramp and smaller with higher and higher psf.
this is becoming a norm nowadays... nothing to be surprised about... hk is the way to go...

yjcai
01-10-11, 22:54
this is becoming a norm nowadays... nothing to be surprised about... hk is the way to go...

big units low psf and freehold getting rare.
hey hey people come all the way from china to buy condos.

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:39
Keep FH and 999LH condos / landed properties in particular near mrt stn. They will become real gem someday.:)
big units low psf and freehold getting rare.
hey hey people come all the way from china to buy condos.

land118
02-10-11, 10:43
Keep FH and 999LH condos / landed properties in particular near mrt stn. They will become real gem someday.:)

For me near is within 500m..., can take casual walk in 10mins, but now new developers, within 1km from MRT, they already highlight accessible to MRT..:doh:

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:48
Nothing to sell for such project. It's not wrong, accessible by bus. Good for Singaporean to exercise.
For me near is within 500m..., can take casual walk in 10mins, but now new developers, within 1km from MRT, they already highlight accessible to MRT..:doh:

Condorich
02-10-11, 14:44

Really? How strange.....

kane
02-10-11, 14:57
how many units did they sell this weekend?

3C
02-10-11, 15:28

642 units

Totally agree, NV still a better choice. But maybe they are attracted to the names. NV dont sound luxury and prestigious. MM, ATT all the Ms & Ts sound better?:D

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 15:51
NV actually not bad. Sounds a bit like LV. :)
Totally agree, NV still a better choice. But maybe they are attracted to the names. NV dont sound luxury and prestigious. MM, ATT all the Ms & Ts sound better?:D

Condorich
02-10-11, 16:11
The devil speaking again. :)

Down side risk... $550 psf EC at your backyard

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_25052011_E5/$file/E5_LocationPlan.jpg
(http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_25052011_E5/$file/E5_LocationPlan.jpg)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1139515/1/.html

Better Site (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/Punggol%20Central%20-%20Main/$file/Punggol+Ctrl_Punggol+Place.pdf)

This land bid result can be worrying. This is a better site.

victorchoo
02-10-11, 16:26
Better Site (http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/Punggol%20Central%20-%20Main/$file/Punggol+Ctrl_Punggol+Place.pdf)

Actually not true lah... in terms of distance, both ATT and this new site sama sama leh... but ATT closer to the new shopping mall (maybe just a few meters... :)). And ATT closer to the water front/river/canal/drain(whatever u guys call it...).

And hor... right in front of the new site, in between the site and mrt, is the bus interchange... :tsk-tsk:

So i really don't know how do u quantify it as the "better site" leh... :o

maybe you might want to look out for the next development in this area?

I'm eyeing for the Watertown project by FEO IF the price is right though... :o

http://i52.tinypic.com/fjjeom.jpg

hyenergix
02-10-11, 16:33

Primo was launched in 2010 below 1000 psf, so sure it will be more expensive than Primo's launch. I conclude that there is no way for you to bite, also because of a golden wound :p

kane
02-10-11, 21:08

site wise, this could indeed be better. let's see what is the closing bid.

Montaigne
02-10-11, 21:13
Primo was launched in 2010 below 1000 psf, so sure it will be more expensive than Primo's launch. I conclude that there is no way for you to bite, also because of a golden wound :p

What do u mean by golden wound? If that project is launch during recession, it can be lower than Primo's launch price. This happened before, esp all projects that launched after 1997 crash, all cheap cheap. I still got hope :D

Montaigne
02-10-11, 21:15
site wise, this could indeed be better. let's see what is the closing bid.

Is this an EC site? OMG, luckily I didn't get ATT! Almost tried to convince my spouse to go for ATT.

ecimbew
02-10-11, 21:19
All these buildings in Punggol n Sembawang have the same height. I still prefer older estates where you have a variety of heights.

kane
02-10-11, 21:23
All these buildings in Punggol n Sembawang have the same height. I still prefer older estates where you have a variety of heights.

penthouse unit also end up looking into a hdb bedroom. no advantage being on the highest floor.:cheers1:

abbong
02-10-11, 23:09
Is this an EC site? OMG, luckily I didn't get ATT! Almost tried to convince my spouse to go for ATT.

Whether you are lucky or unlucky, no one knows. But fact of the matter is, even you want to but TTT now, you are only left with limited choice now (all the remaining 100 odd units are facing HDB or afternoon sun......

hyenergix
04-10-11, 07:22
Singapore's policy for passenger cars might be 0 or negative growth in near future. No point providing so many parking lots.

Marking my result (projection). Quite close :D

Plans to curb vehicle growth, observers say COE may be affected
By Maria Almenoar
Published on Oct 4, 2011
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_719394.html

The Government plans to further curb vehicle growth, given how Singapore has limited space for new roads, said Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew.

Observers say the move is likely to push Certificate of Entitlement (COE) premiums - hence car prices - beyond its already high levels.

Mr Lui said that the current annual growth rate of 1.5 per cent had to be revised to a more sustainable level.

In the meantime, the government is also continuing to make improvements to public transport, so people have time to adjust, he said.

In an interview with the Singapore media, he noted that the growth in the road network will be slowed down from the current 1 per cent a year of the last decade, to 0.5 per cent a year.

The revised vehicle growth rate will be announced later this month.
In a wide-ranging interview, Mr Lui also said that selected expressways will have their evening Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) hours shortened, and hinted that the Central Expressway is a likely candidate.

Public transport commuters will also have something to cheer about.
The Circle Line extension that runs through the bay area and Marina Bay will open in January next year. This will allow commuters to get to the Gardens by the Bay and Marina Bay Sands.

Bus commuters can look forward to 35 'bus hubs', which are upgraded bus stops with extended bays to allow more buses to pull in at the same time, thereby reducing the waiting time to board a bus. There will also be more real-time bus information at these hubs.

The government will also improve the reach of the public transport network, such as through building more sheltered walkways.

He also said that the Land Transport Master Plan will be reviewed next year, and adjustments made to meet changing needs.

kane
04-10-11, 08:36
Probably more car distributors will have to join Mazda.

Komo
04-10-11, 09:03
No matter how much it cost I will use car and never mrt or bus:D :D Damn it with all the mrt rain shelters that wouldn't work!!! Eat money until like that:hell-hath-no-fury:

hyenergix
04-10-11, 09:09
Get ready for spike in COE, higher ERP n parking fees. Do u know y HDB is massively upgrading ERP parking? Critical mass of cash cows r bred. Soon it's time to milk e cows.

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:23
Get ready for spike in COE, higher ERP n parking fees. Do u know y HDB is massively upgrading ERP parking? Critical mass of cash cows r bred. Soon it's time to milk e cows.

i actually prefer erp parking.....dun haf to worry my coupon expire liao anot

nowadays cisco/lta damn ON:sleep:

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:24
Probably more car distributors will have to join Mazda.

if there is a dip in COE, i will chiong in to change car liao:scared-5:

30k coe ok for me liao

stalingrad
04-10-11, 10:06
:cheers1:must give kudos to Sim Lian. the Kuik family really knows their business. They have almost cleared their inventories just before Greece defaults and the next recession starts.

ysyap
04-10-11, 10:30
:cheers1:must give kudos to Sim Lian. the Kuik family really knows their business. They have almost cleared their inventories just before Greece defaults and the next recession starts.After clearing their lands before the default, they will wait patiently for 6 to 12 months when land prices will plummet before grabbing another 3 or 4 for the next 2 years. Smart move! So now must buy new car before COE premiums rise next year? Hmmm... maybe, just maybe! :D

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:34
So now must buy new car before COE premiums rise next year? Hmmm... maybe, just maybe! :D

coe haven drop...buy wat

azeoprop
04-10-11, 10:39
The next car we purchase must be 100% reliable that can last you the next 10 years without problems. :scared-3:

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:41
The next car we purchase must be 100% reliable that can last you the next 10 years without problems. :scared-3:

wild falcon said Porsche vy goodie....hehe

stalingrad
04-10-11, 10:55
a lot of developers are now clearing inventories. they knew something that the buyers didn't. now the buyers know too, but too late.

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:57
a lot of developers are now clearing inventories. they knew something that the buyers didn't. now the buyers know too, but too late.

dun make sense

since recovery of 09 till now, developers been launching lots of projects.....i can also say they haf been trying to clear inventories since 09?:p

stalingrad
04-10-11, 11:02
dun make sense

since recovery of 09 till now, developers been launching lots of projects.....i can also say they haf been trying to clear inventories since 09?:p

but now the gap between winning a land parcel tender to launch has been narrowed to only three to two months. the developers have been really in a hurry. now you know why.

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 11:06
They have to continue to clear inventories to make great $ during good times and survive during bad times. Construction industry was in lull period between 1996 - 2005. All these companys were merely surviving then.

ysyap
04-10-11, 11:08
coe haven drop...buy watWhat haven drop? Price or volume? COE prices will never drop. Buy now before COE prices rise further by next year. COE volume will drop next year so cannot buy then coz premiums would have soared further that means must buy now. :cheers1:

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:11
but now the gap between winning a land parcel tender to launch has been narrowed to only three to two months. the developers have been really in a hurry. now you know why.

can u pls quote an example?

from wat i hf been reading, earliest turnaround time for developer for GLS is 6mths......one of the earliest turnard project is waterbank which was launch in april 2010 and UOL bot the land in ard sept 09.....since early 2010, developers haf been pushing out projects asap.....nothing new la:p

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:15
What haven drop? Price or volume? COE prices will never drop. Buy now before COE prices rise further by next year. COE number will drop next year so cannot buy then coz premiums would have soared further that means must buy now. :cheers1:

u sure anot? if SG enters recession, u tink COE will not drop?

ysyap
04-10-11, 11:24
u sure anot? if SG enters recession, u tink COE will not drop?Didn't our dear Mr Lui said yesterday that our Singapore roads cannot support the vehicle volume at a growth rate of 1.5%? When that number is slashed for next January, COE quota will surely drop, thus pushing the COE premiums up. This will happen whether there's economic crisis or not. External factors such as economic crisis merely slow down that price increase. Until such time when the govt decides to do something about it, drivers will just have to find their way around that price increase. Our dear minister even envisioned to double the number of homes within walking distance to MRT in the near future. To do that, he better ensure the MRT system can support that sort of capacity demand! :doh:

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:25
Didn't our dear Mr Lui said yesterday that our Singapore roads cannot support the vehicle volume at a growth rate of 1.5%? When that number is slashed for next January, COE quota will surely drop, thus pushing the COE premiums up. This will happen whether there's economic crisis or not. External factors such as economic crisis merely slow down that price increase. Until such time when the govt decides to do something about it, drivers will just have to find their way around that price increase. Our dear minister even envisioned to double the number of homes within walking distance to MRT in the near future. To do that, he better ensure the MRT system can support that sort of capacity demand! :doh:

den u can put ur own words in ur own mouth by bidding open cat COE now:p :D

ysyap
04-10-11, 11:28
Check out this site on minister's speech to cut vehicle growth next year. :doh:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1156998/1/.html

ysyap
04-10-11, 11:31
den u can put ur own words in ur own mouth by bidding open cat COE now:p :DAt this rate of COE increase, taking cabs will be cheaper than buying a new car... :doh:Cab comes with a chauffeur too. :D

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:37
Check out this site on minister's speech to cut vehicle growth next year. :doh:
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1156998/1/.html

i noe quota gona b cut la....just tat i believe coe cfm will suffer a dip if Sg enters recession! i guess vehicle growth will be cut from 1.5% to 0.5%:2cents:

push more ppl to take MRTs.....if not ccl, dtl2 ridership too poor den suffer loses...LOL:D

devilplate
04-10-11, 11:39
At this rate of COE increase, taking cabs will be cheaper than buying a new car... :doh:Cab comes with a chauffeur too. :D

wif more and more cabs on the road, its increasingly dangerous to drive too!:hell-hath-no-fury: :scared-3:

cabbies r HELL drivers!:scared-3:

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 11:40
Lui will know exactly when to cut COE quota: coincide with the recession period. COE should not go up and neither will it go down too much. Still collect $. :)
i noe quota gona b cut la....just tat i believe coe cfm will suffer a dip if Sg enters recession! i guess vehicle growth will be cut from 1.5% to 0.5%:2cents:

push more ppl to take MRTs.....if not ccl, dtl2 ridership too poor den suffer loses...LOL:D

land118
04-10-11, 11:57
Lui will know exactly when to cut COE quota: coincide with the recession period. COE should not go up and neither will it go down too much. Still collect $. :) Meet his KPI, and get a pat from his Boss and Mr President for helping to pile up the Reserve...:D

devilplate
04-10-11, 12:53
Meet his KPI, and get a pat from his Boss and Mr President for helping to pile up the Reserve...:D
Overall coe coffers shd be pretty the same isnt it?

azeoprop
04-10-11, 12:57
Which makes properties next to mrt and mall like treasure trove a starbuy indeed. Minimum decline in value during recession and maximum premium during good years.

:p

ysyap
04-10-11, 13:00
Meet his KPI, and get a pat from his Boss and Mr President for helping to pile up the Reserve...:DWhat he's doing is just meeting expectations so no pat from the boss. If he suffer losses, then its below expectation sure will kana. If he brings in additional revenue to support manpower, home affairs, foreign affairs, etc ministries, then it'll be exceeding expectation then he'll get that pat. :cheers1:

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 13:09
How to underperform in terms of revenue. His performnace will be based on the reduction of COE and still $ without upsetting the the people. You see KBW is doing it: Released the balance of HDB flats in some mature estate to make people happy and control the rate of increase in property prices. He needs a bit more time.
What he's doing is just meeting expectations so no pat from the boss. If he suffer losses, then its below expectation sure will kana. If he brings in additional revenue to support manpower, home affairs, foreign affairs, etc ministries, then it'll be exceeding expectation then he'll get that pat. :cheers1:

toufu
16-10-11, 00:04
The construction progress at ATT is quite fast. =) Anyone bought from Sim Lian before? How's their workmanship? :o any picture of their completed work?

devilplate
16-10-11, 00:13
The construction progress at ATT is quite fast. =) Anyone bought from Sim Lian before? How's their workmanship? :o any picture of their completed work?
Our famous carabelle lor....go visit:D

Just toped clover

kane
16-10-11, 00:42
Clover took quite a while to complete.

ClemenceLY
16-10-11, 01:51

You mean the foundation has started? :scared-5:

toufu
16-10-11, 02:00
You mean the foundation has started? :scared-5:

Yeap, started since mid September :D

DC33_2008
17-10-11, 14:52
A Treasure Trove near Punggol MRT Station, which saw a whopping 683 units sold at a median price of $915 per sq ft (psf).

phantom_opera
17-10-11, 15:08
Actually 9XXpsf for bigger units (see following 1044sqft, 1335sqft, 915sqft) are expensive and you can hardly sell off to another upgrader in 4y time due to the high quantum. 775sqft still has potential.

A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 982,000 1,044 Strata 941 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 967,000 1,044 Strata 926 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 939,000 1,044 Strata 899 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 1,189,000 1,335 Strata 891 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 1,213,000 1,335 Strata 909 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 862,000 915 Strata 942 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 735,000 775 Strata 948 Sep-11

azeoprop
17-10-11, 16:29
A Treasure Trove near Punggol MRT Station, which saw a whopping 683 units sold at a median price of $915 per sq ft (psf).

This is officially the smash hit for 2011.

:cheers1:

devilplate
17-10-11, 18:11
This median psf is more accurate...:rolleyes:

cl0ver
17-10-11, 20:47
Actually 9XXpsf for bigger units (see following 1044sqft, 1335sqft, 915sqft) are expensive and you can hardly sell off to another upgrader in 4y time due to the high quantum. 775sqft still has potential.

A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 982,000 1,044 Strata 941 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 967,000 1,044 Strata 926 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 939,000 1,044 Strata 899 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 1,189,000 1,335 Strata 891 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 1,213,000 1,335 Strata 909 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 862,000 915 Strata 942 Sep-11
A TREASURE TROVE PUNGGOL WALK Condominium 1 735,000 775 Strata 948 Sep-11

dont underestimate upgraders. Just look at Clover lah. 611 units all sold at high quantum. Even for resale, ppl are paying way above 1.5m

toufu
17-10-11, 22:55
i have a sense that with all the positive view from the government to spruce up Punggol into the waterfront town, the property price in Punggol will surpass that of Sengkang in 3 years time. :D

kane
17-10-11, 22:59
possibly with a mall that is much bigger than compass point.

land118
17-10-11, 23:02
This is officially the smash hit for 2011.

:cheers1:
Truly a Treasure no one expect....:D

kane
17-10-11, 23:05
sim lian certainly hit the treasure trove jackpot with that one. :D

bargain hunter
20-10-11, 09:24
Quoted from ST 20 OCT 2011

"A more recent development, A Treasure Trove by Sim Lian Group, has moved more than 730 of the 882 units, with units fetching a median price of $915 psf."

phantom_opera
20-10-11, 09:52
Watertown hit jackpot also

toufu
23-10-11, 22:23
Punggol Waterway, a mere 2 mins walk from ATT was so happening this evening! Fireworks and grand opening, graced by PM, DPM, Minister of National Development and Our Vivian! :D

http://i.imgur.com/Zg79fl.jpg

kane
24-10-11, 00:32
wah, open one waterway have to include fireworks.

graveyard
24-10-11, 01:17
Punggol Waterway, a mere 2 mins walk from ATT was so happening this evening! Fireworks and grand opening, graced by PM, DPM, Minister of National Development and Our Vivian! :D

http://i.imgur.com/Zg79fl.jpg

Awesome! congrats ATT owners. This is a sign your project is roaring!! :)

ysyap
24-10-11, 07:50
After pumping over $200mil into this project, HDB naturally needs it to be grand and successful. :spliff:

kane
24-10-11, 08:09
More was spent on Bishan park's revamp but you don't see any fireworks there.

DC33_2008
24-10-11, 08:14
Bishan park is a small stream compared to this large waterways which caters for water related activities.
More was spent on Bishan park's revamp but you don't see any fireworks there.

kane
24-10-11, 08:19
I think it's not so much the scale of things because they spent a lot of money creating the man made river, but rather they looked determined in sprucing up punggol after so much delay in realising the punggol 21 vision.

reefy
24-10-11, 08:19
The bishan canal is a waste of $$$. Small river w plenty of weeds.:doh:

fclim
24-10-11, 09:40
After pumping over $200mil into this project, HDB naturally needs it to be grand and successful. :spliff:

The Singaporeans who are paying exhorbitant prices for mature HDB BTOs with no makeover are subsidizing all these expensive makeovers for Punggol BTOs. Whahaha...

Regulators
24-10-11, 09:53
What is there to hoohah about the waterway?

masterkey
24-10-11, 10:00
$200M is a small price to pay, considering the psychological effect on housing owners or potential owners of that area. Now in their minds $900 psf is reasonable for 99LH, maybe soon someone will pay $600psf for resale flats and then hdb can charge $500 psf for BTO. Imagine the $billions in returns to gov.

hopeful
24-10-11, 10:18
$200M is a small price to pay, considering the psychological effect on housing owners or potential owners of that area. Now in their minds $900 psf is reasonable for 99LH, maybe soon someone will pay $600psf for resale flats and then hdb can charge $500 psf for BTO. Imagine the $billions in returns to gov.
ya, agreed, dont be like TT pooh-pooh OTC's MRT idea. sure expensive but it will bring lots of benefits.

ysyap
24-10-11, 16:28
The Singaporeans who are paying exhorbitant prices for mature HDB BTOs with no makeover are subsidizing all these expensive makeovers for Punggol BTOs. Whahaha...So what is this complaint by HDB that they are making losses, etc but still have cash to fund such projects? Who is sponsoring or are they not really making losses as a board but only losses in the BTO sales? :tsk-tsk:

kane
24-10-11, 23:30
The Singaporeans who are paying exhorbitant prices for mature HDB BTOs with no makeover are subsidizing all these expensive makeovers for Punggol BTOs. Whahaha...

punggol is shaping up pretty nicely but i fear it's going to be too crowded...

fclim
25-10-11, 00:34
punggol is shaping up pretty nicely but i fear it's going to be too crowded...

Wonder where they are going to find the people to fill up all the flats. Will comprise mostly of young couples with one or two children at most.:beats-me-man:
It will be a youthful town, unlike older mature estates. But, empty during the day as most couples are at work.

kane
25-10-11, 00:38
Wonder where they are going to find the people to fill up all the flats. Will comprise mostly of young couples with one or two children at most.:beats-me-man:
It will be a youthful town, unlike older mature estates. But, empty during the day as most couples are at work.

those are BTO flats mah. so there'll still be high percentage of occupancy. empty in the day makes no difference. I think that mall had better be very big, there's a big crowd and curious sengkang residents will probably spill over into that mall.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 07:23
Punggol residents will feel betrayed when Bidadari estate is up, much closer to town with MRT, at such location, no Waterway is required to entice buyers. It is about half the size of Punggol

land118
25-10-11, 07:42
Punggol residents will feel betrayed when Bidadari estate is up, much closer to town with MRT, at such location, no Waterway is required to entice buyers. It is about half the size of Punggol
Many would choose Bidadari over Punggol estate anytime, even if there are no amenities...for the main reason like what u say, closer to town .., but may take 1-2 years b4 we see any action there when HDB announce BTO...:2cents:

ysyap
25-10-11, 07:44
Punggol residents will feel betrayed when Bidadari estate is up, much closer to town with MRT, at such location, no Waterway is required to entice buyers. It is about half the size of PunggolWhy should they feel betrayed. Its not as if they had the opportunity to buy later or anything like that? Why not Seng Kang residents but Punggol residents only? :confused:

kane
25-10-11, 08:04
What's there the feel betrayed? When they needed a house, that estate wasn't ready. If they didn't need a house, they can probably wait for a better location to ballot for.

ysyap
25-10-11, 08:09
Yup yup... the estate will take at least another decade or more to be ready so cannot compare like that la! :o

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 08:13
BTO flats in Bidadari will be priced differently in years time. Look at what happen to the condos Nin and even Regent residences in last weekend hot sales.
Many would choose Bidadari over Punggol estate anytime, even if there are no amenities...for the main reason like what u say, closer to town .., but may take 1-2 years b4 we see any action there when HDB announce BTO...:2cents:

kane
25-10-11, 08:30
BTO flats in Bidadari will be priced differently in years time. Look at what happen to the condos Nin and even Regent residences in last weekend hot sales.

It's just like saying people who bought sengkang 10 years feel betrayed that a better location is now available. And like you pointed out, it may nit necessarily be sold at the same price.

ysyap
25-10-11, 08:47
BTO flats in Bidadari will be priced differently in years time. Look at what happen to the condos Nin and even Regent residences in last weekend hot sales. Its hot in most parts of the island anyway. The Sept figures cannot lie. Oct figure will be interesting. :rolleyes:

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 08:56
Property prices will move up in both public and private developments in the next 10 years due to inflation, etc. Money will be smaller. HDB is smart to release good location for sale later. Tengah may move first.
It's just like saying people who bought sengkang 10 years feel betrayed that a better location is now available. And like you pointed out, it may nit necessarily be sold at the same price.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 10:30
As I highlighted b4, as a first timer if I buy Punggol I can borrow 2.6% say at 250k but if I got one at Bidadari I can probably borrow 400k at the same rate, it is unfair right? This could only mean the government is taking care of the more wealthy 1st timers. Of course there is extra grant now for the very low income group.... slightly better than last time.

kane
25-10-11, 12:55
But you pay more interest when you borrow more wor.

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 12:58
Got to build up wealth now in order to propagate. Otherwise it will be more difficult to leverage on banks' money.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 13:00
But you pay more interest when you borrow more wor.

Where can you get 2.6% fixed for 30y loan anywhere in the world? It is the best deal ever.

kane
25-10-11, 13:15
Then buy mature estate resale, take grant of $30k and big bigger quantum flat lor if they really want.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 13:21
Then buy mature estate resale, take grant of $30k and big bigger quantum flat lor if they really want.

The subsidy for BTO is probably 60-100k for mature estate, first timers want everything ;)

devilplate
25-10-11, 14:09
The subsidy for BTO is probably 60-100k for mature estate, first timers want everything ;)
Bto flats in mature estate easily 200k cheaper den resale flats nrby:hell-hath-no-fury:

land118
25-10-11, 14:17
Matured estate BTO is a no brainer for those who can buy. After 5 years, these resale flats will always set the benchmark pricing for that area..., many have HUAT from them already..., tis one confirmed "bao jiat" durian..

Those matured estate BTO near MRT even best...:D

devilplate
25-10-11, 14:20
Matured estate BTO is a no brainer for those who can buy. After 5 years, these resale flats will always set the benchmark pricing for that area..., many have HUAT from them already..., tis one confirmed "bao jiat" durian..

Those matured estate BTO near MRT even best...:D
Govt priced bto in mature way too low.....tats y all become choosy:doh:

Shd be only 100-150k cheaper den resale flatd nrby at most.....or 10yr mop for cheaper px.....den more will go for ulu bto

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 14:37
That's why it is grossly unfair, normally those who can afford mature estate e.g. 500-600k Dawson/Duxton estates are normally the professional young couples (or rich parents paying the 1st 20%), yet they get so much subsidy and can borrow 80% for 2.6% 30y. Once you get it, jackpot hit, just go overseas enjoy life and renting out the whole flat at high yield.

HDBs has only themselves to blame why their ulu BTOs find no buyers.

land118
25-10-11, 14:41
Govt priced bto in mature way too low.....tats y all become choosy:doh:

Shd be only 100-150k cheaper den resale flatd nrby at most.....or 10yr mop for cheaper px.....den more will go for ulu btoYa, agree. But i think the reason is because HDB worry about the quantum.., if price higher, applicant "Kao Pay" and complaint..., give all kind of excuse.."but i want to stay near my parents in the same matured estate, so that they can take care of my newborn next time, so high price, how to buy, etc"...Matured estate BTO esp near MRT, long long time release some units, if can get, better than strike 4D...:2cents:

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 14:46
You will see a lot more for the next generation with the widening of the gap. Cannot be a social problem.
That's why it is grossly unfair, normally those who can afford mature estate e.g. 500-600k Dawson/Duxton estates are normally the professional young couples (or rich parents paying the 1st 20%), yet they get so much subsidy and can borrow 80% for 2.6% 30y. Once you get it, jackpot hit, just go overseas enjoy life and renting out the whole flat at high yield.

HDBs has only themselves to blame why their ulu BTOs find no buyers.

stalingrad
25-10-11, 16:11
I told my wife that you don't need casinos in singapore. the HDB is the biggest casino and gambling den of them all. If you are lucky enough to get one of those HDB estates in a prime location by lucky draws, you are set up for life.

kane
25-10-11, 22:25
I told my wife that you don't need casinos in singapore. the HDB is the biggest casino and gambling den of them all. If you are lucky enough to get one of those HDB estates in a prime location by lucky draws, you are set up for life.

i wouldn't consider a 700k HDB top floor unit at the outskirts of downturn set for life lah.

ysyap
26-10-11, 07:52
I told my wife that you don't need casinos in singapore. the HDB is the biggest casino and gambling den of them all. If you are lucky enough to get one of those HDB estates in a prime location by lucky draws, you are set up for life.There's a gambling den at the void deck of a HDB block I know and the patrons are some old folks but mind you they are absolutely nimble and fast. Upon sighting the boys in blues walking around the estate, they transformed those stone tables into some neutral place of gathering for the bored aged! :doh:

toufu
30-10-11, 23:42
Went down to ATT showflat today to take a look at the sales. Not bad, quite a crowd on sunday evening despite this project being launched coming close to 2 months.

Majority are Singaporean couples in the showflat. Unfortuantely, i think they have poor parenting skills, allowing their kids to touch the scaled models. :doh: I can see alot of parts already destroyed. Sad.

The sales has been good though. I counted, 96 units unsold. That makes it 89% (786 units out of 882) sold! :D Sim Lian Huat Ah! :cheers4: Hopefully, when the project is completed, the kids will not destroy our common properties. :beats-me-man:

kane
31-10-11, 00:34
Went down to ATT showflat today to take a look at the sales. Not bad, quite a crowd on sunday evening despite this project being launched coming close to 2 months.

Majority are Singaporean couples in the showflat. Unfortuantely, i think they have poor parenting skills, allowing their kids to touch the scaled models. :doh: I can see alot of parts already destroyed. Sad.

The sales has been good though. I counted, 96 units unsold. That makes it 89% (786 units out of 882) sold! :D Sim Lian Huat Ah! :cheers4: Hopefully, when the project is completed, the kids will not destroy our common properties. :beats-me-man:

so what were the sizes left mostly?

sleek
31-10-11, 10:31
Should be a sold-out development with the opening of the Punggol Waterways last weekend! :cheers4:

toufu
31-10-11, 17:12
so what were the sizes left mostly?

Mostly type C2 left. surprised that some with pool view not sold... :scared-5:

Laguna
31-10-11, 20:16
was told that FEO gg to launch at $1,200

Sim Lian will be :banghead:

phantom_opera
31-10-11, 21:18
The centris hit 1145psf so 1200psf possible but must be better product then sl

kane
31-10-11, 22:23
was told that FEO gg to launch at $1,200

Sim Lian will be :banghead:

ATT owners will :cheers4:

ClemenceLY
31-10-11, 22:40
There was a launch briefing by FEO in Punggol Marina over the last weekend. Anyone attended it ?

ulrich76
31-10-11, 22:50
Mostly type C2 left. surprised that some with pool view not sold... :scared-5:

Bro u know the prices for these leftver 3 bedders?

toufu
01-11-11, 15:01
Bro u know the prices for these leftver 3 bedders?
i overhead from an agent that a 3 bedder is selling at S$1,022,000.. i do not know which floor though.

OT
11-11-11, 12:33
pool facing

#14-34 C1 1044sqft $1047000 1003psf
#04-48 C2 1130sqft $1036000 917psf

park facing - park is HDB public park approx 50m wide

#07-46 C1 1044sqft $978000 937psf
#14-46 C1 1044sqft $1018000 975psf

Pool view 3+study

#02-51 D1 1206sqft $1072000 889psf

Cheers!

ulrich76