PDA

View Full Version : A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 16:48
Is it wise to sell my 2 bedder MM freehold penthouse in Kovan in exchange for a bigger penthouse in this project? Price should be about same in quantum if I sell, I guess... Need advise, thanks!

Floorplan of the MM penthouse as attached.

stalingrad
13-09-11, 16:48
Cbd projects diff ....in fact mostly dun provide a car lot....nid to pay season parking fees if u nid it

I aso feel att shd provide 1to1 bcoz there is no 1bdrs

Anyway, punggol/sk cud be one of the worst place for rental investment.....from wat i noe, hdb flats in punggol dun really have much rental demand for it.

Ulu places like pasir ris got airport and changi biz park,far north like woodlands also got better rental demand due to industrial park nrby

woodland also has SAS, whose presence boosts rental demand. but punggol?

victorchoo
13-09-11, 16:52
Is it wise to sell my 2 bedder MM freehold penthouse in Kovan in exchange for a bigger penthouse in this project? Price should be about same in quantum if I sell, I guess... Need advise, thanks!

i suppose you bought your kovan penthouse before the cooling measure? that means u only fork out 20% cash/cpf?

This time round, you will need to fork out 40% cash/cpf.

Quantum might be the same. but the cash out front might not be...

masterkey
13-09-11, 16:53

Sounds like a downgrade to me. Maybe not a good move ...

fclim
13-09-11, 16:56
err... my friend stays at Serangoon Central. But she wanted a 2br in ATT. Too bad she is too late. Good units all taken... :o

God is on her side.. whahaha.

masterkey
13-09-11, 16:56
i will agree with you if the majority of the units are studios and 1brs.

However, the smallest unit is a 2 br. in other words, most of the upgraders have kids. and with kids, comes the car. :)

ATT 2br quantum lower than some MM studios or 1 brs, affordable to singles and young couples. Some may trade car for larger living space. Why not?

victorchoo
13-09-11, 17:03
ATT 2br quantum lower than some MM studios or 1 brs, affordable to singles and young couples. Some may trade car for larger living space. Why not?

possible also. and as i've mentioned in my previous post, SL is expecting 1/4 of the 2br and 2+s population to not own a car.

but we also need to account for families with more than 1 car...

seems like this is the price to pay for being cheap. :o

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 17:04
Why move when Kovan is closer to town and has a lot more amenities and a mrt too? The unit layout seems quite good for this size.

p3nboy
13-09-11, 17:06
Foie gras on sale very soon....:D

victorchoo
13-09-11, 17:06
God is on her side.. whahaha.

but age is not... :)

and she needs to get a home that is near to any NEL station. and must be cheap.

fclim
13-09-11, 17:12

Primo Residences huh? Depends on whether own stay or rental. Own stay, how many family members etc..

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 17:13
This is a nice place amongst the landed property. Are you the teacher?
Primo Residences huh? Depends on whether own stay or rental. Own stay, how many family members etc..

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:13
i suppose you bought your kovan penthouse before the cooling measure? that means u only fork out 20% cash/cpf?

This time round, you will need to fork out 40% cash/cpf.

Quantum might be the same. but the cash out front might not be...

Bought it last year march, 20% dp, not yet TOP. Sold my HDB, now staying with in laws. If I buy this first before I sell, I need to fork out 40%, which I have after selling my HDB. But it will be a buy ATT and sell Kovan MM PH lor, if the other way round I may miss the ATT boat. Risky tho, if I can't sell after buying ATT, I will be stucked with 2 PH :doh: .

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:15
Sounds like a downgrade to me. Maybe not a good move ...

Downgrade?? From a 9XXsf PH unit to a 15xx PH unit and closer to MRT??

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:17

Wah, u still remember me:ashamed1: Own stay of course just the 2 of us, investment not yet crossed my mind...

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:18
This is a nice place amongst the landed property. Are you the teacher?

U still remember me :ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 17:18
Do you mean you prefer a PH on a higher floor?
Bought it last year march, 20% dp, not yet TOP. Sold my HDB, now staying with in laws. If I buy this first before I sell, I need to fork out 40%, which I have after selling my HDB. But it will be a buy ATT and sell Kovan MM PH lor, if the other way round I may miss the ATT boat. Risky tho, if I can't sell after buying ATT, I will be stucked with 2 PH :doh: .

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:20
Do you mean you prefer a PH on a higher floor?

In a way yes, but I dun mind PH on a lower floor as long as it is the TOP floor cos I can't stand noisy neighbours upstairs... JUst feel that ATT is very attractive option to consider esp for the PH...

stalingrad
13-09-11, 17:21
In a way yes, but I dun mind PH on a lower floor as long as it is the TOP floor cos I can't stand noisy neighbours upstairs... JUst feel that ATT is very attractive option to consider esp for the PH...

but PH are very hot and runs up your electric bills.

masterkey
13-09-11, 17:21
Downgrade?? From a 9XXsf PH unit to a 15xx PH unit and closer to MRT??

Not if you put it that way. I guess you already have a preference. Just follow your heart.

GForce
13-09-11, 17:23
Better sell first then buy coz u don't want to be stucked with 2 hot potatoes, right? more launches coming as long as got vitamin M won't miss the boat wan! Punggol still got Watertown leh!

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 17:23
But you will get noisy neighbourhood in ATT and pool. Imagine 800 over households.

Worsty
13-09-11, 17:26
but age is not... :)

and she needs to get a home that is near to any NEL station. and must be cheap.

Then doesn't matter if the good units are gone if her criteria is near NEL and cheap? Just get ATT then.

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:28
But you will get noisy neighbourhood in ATT and pool. Imagine 800 over households.

hmmmm... food for thought.. Pricing is just way too attractive for a PH.. My take is if we haven bought Primo, I will choose this. But my hubby said he still prefer freehold..

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 17:31
The $psf at Primo would have gone up since you bought it. It is about averaging at $1110 psf.
hmmmm... food for thought.. Pricing is just way too attractive for a PH.. My take is if we haven bought Primo, I will choose this. But my hubby said he still prefer freehold..

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:35
The $psf at Primo would have gone up since you bought it. It is about averaging at $1110 psf.

Yep, that is Y I said if I sell primo now at a profit, can one to one exchange for ATT PH cos ATT PH quantum is 1mil plus. Quantum is def higher than what I have paid for Primo last year... Plus point is Bigger and higher floor and about 300m nearer to MRT. Minus point is the crowd plus LH..

acidic.straw
13-09-11, 17:37
Is this allowed?

This shld not be encouraged..it's a big security issue and everyone loses in the end. In some condos, the mgt office checks the owner's log to ensure the car owner stays in the estate before issuing car park disc.
Mindset must change to think of the collective good and fairness to the residents staying in the estate.

If you don't have a car, then you don't need a carpark space. If the mentality is such that you are entitled to it and die die must use it even for a friend or relative what abt people who dont use the pool? Shldnt they allow carte blanche access to the pool for their friends? For that matter, what abt the gym? tennis court?

It can easily lead to abuse. If I can give the carpark space to a friend, who's to stop others from renting it out to a complete stranger with the highest bid? You can't tell a friend from a stranger renting space.

Everyone must play their part to think of the collective good else everybody loses. Just some food for thought.

victorchoo
13-09-11, 17:38
Yep, that is Y I said if I sell primo now at a profit, can one to one exchange for ATT PH cos ATT PH quantum is 1mil plus. Quantum is def higher than what I have paid for Primo last year... Plus point is Bigger and higher floor and about 300m nearer to MRT. Minus point is the crowd plus LH..

i will stick to primo for the serenity.

but that's just me though.... :)

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 17:40
You will have to weigh your pros and cons carefully before making a decision.

fclim
13-09-11, 17:42
Better sell first then buy coz u don't want to be stucked with 2 hot potatoes, right? more launches coming as long as got vitamin M won't miss the boat wan! Punggol still got Watertown leh!

Yeah.. risky to hold two properties during this economic uncertainty. You sure quantum the same? Your Primo bought for probably just less than $1M. ATT penthouse easily $1.3M right? May have to take bigger loan?

devilplate
13-09-11, 17:47

Isit for self stay?

Ur layout not bad except tat the 2nd bedrm a little too small for ur kid lor

And ur project gona TOP soon rite but att nid at least 3yrs from now to TOP

Wats ur motivation of changing? Need a 3bdr instead? Mabe can try to sell and let go if u r able to get a gd offer lor

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:49
Yeah.. risky to hold two properties during this economic uncertainty. You sure quantum the same? Your Primo bought for probably just less than $1M. ATT penthouse easily $1.3M right? May have to take bigger loan?

I saw from propertyguru ads its as low as $10XX... If 13XX then forget it haha.. I kinda not so sure also.. When I decided to do this, I suddenly dun bear to let go of Primo liao haha... Plus I see some comments here makes me think again also. Was discussing with hubby abt this plan since sat. In general, he quite against it la..

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:50
Isit for self stay?

Ur layout not bad except tat the 2nd bedrm a little too small for ur kid lor

And ur project gona TOP soon rite but att nid at least 3yrs from now to TOP

Wats ur motivation of changing? Need a 3bdr instead? Mabe can try to sell and let go if u r able to get a gd offer lor

No kids and dun intend to have any.. That room was meant as a study room for us. motivation is price and size plus closeness to MRT hee hee...It is also a matter of IS IT WORTH IT? If not worth it then I won't...

devilplate
13-09-11, 17:56
No kids and dun intend to have any.. That room was meant as a study room for us. motivation is price and size plus closeness to MRT hee hee...It is also a matter of IS IT WORTH IT? If not worth it then I won't...
I dun like the att ph...have u been to showflat? Its complete roof terrace on the upper flr leh:tsk-tsk:

Stick to ur primo la....nxt to small park and landed area.....more atas den surrounded by hdb rite! Hehe....not unless both of u dun drive and seriously need mrt so badly

ocoloco79
13-09-11, 17:57
I dun like the att ph...have u been to showflat? Its complete roof terrace on the upper flr leh:tsk-tsk:

Stick to ur primo la....nxt to small park and landed area.....more atas den surrounded by hdb rite! Hehe....not unless both of u dun drive and seriously need mrt so badly

My hubby would love your comments haha. I was thinking maybe can convince him with experts view, but seems like most of you are more on his side tho...

Saw the floor plan, not yet been to showflat. Just thinking if our PH is 15XXsf sounds better, PH less than 1ksf sounds pathetic, but agree that the layout is good for the size cos I saw bigger PH unit at higher sf but with lousy layout that makes it looks smaller.

lifeline
13-09-11, 18:12

i have not looked into your details of price differences, how much to top up, etc. but the simple advice is dun do this swap. 1 month back, was tempted to do a swap for myself too, until went through the figures properly with a friend - there are a lot of admin costs involved - new stamp duties (actually 2 stamp duties in all), selling agent's commission, bank loan cancellation fees (clawback for lawyer, survey, etc), etc. on top of that, the market appears to be sliding downwards, with potential potholes appearing. fh for lh is not a reason for a swap, esp when you may not really need / use all that space.

once you see the figures involved, that will make you change your mind, even if your primo price has gone higher. of course we all wish for that `what if i can have a bigger place' with our heart, esp with a swap that has appreciated - cannot fault this (note the costs), and pay for it then. the scenario is different if you want to invest in another property - 2 altogether; but then you will have many other options and entry points.

azeoprop
13-09-11, 18:22
Yah, not really worth it to do the swap. Kovan area is still a better overall location than punggol.

I regretted swapping my 8@W studio with a 1 bedroom unit in wfi. :( Kena 4yr ssd, 60% loan and much later top.

azeoprop
13-09-11, 18:57
Here's a video of the site:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/A+Treasure+Trove%3A+Exclusive+Site+Video/

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 20:07
I quite like primo & its surrounding. My friend is staying in one off those houses.
My hubby would love your comments haha. I was thinking maybe can convince him with experts view, but seems like most of you are more on his side tho...

Saw the floor plan, not yet been to showflat. Just thinking if our PH is 15XXsf sounds better, PH less than 1ksf sounds pathetic, but agree that the layout is good for the size cos I saw bigger PH unit at higher sf but with lousy layout that makes it looks smaller.

hyenergix
13-09-11, 20:32
Yah, not really worth it to do the swap. Kovan area is still a better overall location than punggol.

I regretted swapping my 8@W studio with a 1 bedroom unit in wfi. :( Kena 4yr ssd, 60% loan and much later top.

FH is better. Primo may not be as convenient but still walkable to MRT.

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 20:37
FH is better. Primo may not be as convenient but still walkable to MRT.
I love the fishball meepok noodle & laksa in the hawker centre.

craze
13-09-11, 23:07
My take is to sell your mm PH before u commit to ATT.
But if u die die must get ATT, check your finances.

ecimbew
13-09-11, 23:56

It's ok you still have Mezzo and Minton! Cheer up!

ecimbew
14-09-11, 00:02
I saw from propertyguru ads its as low as $10XX... If 13XX then forget it haha.. I kinda not so sure also.. When I decided to do this, I suddenly dun bear to let go of Primo liao haha... Plus I see some comments here makes me think again also. Was discussing with hubby abt this plan since sat. In general, he quite against it la..

Ocoloco, this dilemma has troubled you since 2010. Buying a place to stay is very different from investment. If you strongly dislike or for some reason repel against Primo despite seeking assurance from everyone, then maybe you should really consider selling it. Trust your instinct.

ulrich76
14-09-11, 00:05
Dear frens, in case you are keen to know what is west and south of ATT land. The reserve plot shown is ATT

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Punggol_Sapphire_Surroundings.PNG

Xan
14-09-11, 00:28

Mezzo you win (I almost commit), wfi is fine.(but too bad u kenna 4 yr ssd)
The killer is minton (but lucky u escape 4 yr ssd)
Overall i think u still ok.

ysyap
14-09-11, 06:22
I saw from propertyguru ads its as low as $10XX... If 13XX then forget it haha.. I kinda not so sure also.. When I decided to do this, I suddenly dun bear to let go of Primo liao haha... Plus I see some comments here makes me think again also. Was discussing with hubby abt this plan since sat. In general, he quite against it la..Not wise to swap. If cost is your primary concern. There are simply too much cost involved. Furthermore, the potential of both places for future price appreciation must also be factored. Also, the SSD lock in plus the need to wait at least another 4 years for ATT to be completed. However, the decision must be made with your hubby. We are merely offering our views. :o

ysyap
14-09-11, 06:31
Mezzo you win (I almost commit), wfi is fine.(but too bad u kenna 4 yr ssd)
Nothing to feel bad about getting the 4 yr SSD. Its all part of buying properties now. If you don't have the SSD but don't want to sell to leverage on that advantage, then you also imposing restriction on yourself so no difference lah. If you want to continue in investing in Singapore properties, 4 year waiting period is almost a given! Must change mindset already. Just hope the impending housing oversupply will see govt removing the SSD! :D

chiaberry
14-09-11, 07:14
Developers may help to speed along removal of SSD if they lobby the Govt to do so. They will be bleeding more than the individual if their units are slow to move. However they may not do it so soon. as the market hasn't really cooled down significantly yet.

ysyap
14-09-11, 07:43
Give it another 6 to 12 months! 2012 :scared-4:

hyenergix
14-09-11, 07:58
Developers may help to speed along removal of SSD if they lobby the Govt to do so. They will be bleeding more than the individual if their units are slow to move. However they may not do it so soon. as the market hasn't really cooled down significantly yet.

SSD is the problem of the buyers, so it will not be the priority of developers to lobby for it. The developers just want to lobby for less land supply so that they can call the short in pricing their projects. I believe the government will act on their request because it is quite obvious that pte condos will be oversupplied by the end of next year. Some of the GLS (under HDB) could be taking up the land that would otherwise be used for future BTOs and SERS.

Good to allocate more land to support the commercial/ industries to generate GDP rather than just oversupplying the land for residential use, which is a consumption item.

DC33_2008
14-09-11, 08:03
So! This place will be self-sustained as a small township with the necessary amenities. Confirmed good for upgraders. :) quote=ulrich76]Dear frens, in case you are keen to know what is west and south of ATT land. The reserve plot shown is ATT

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Punggol_Sapphire_Surroundings.PNG[/quote]

DC33_2008
14-09-11, 08:08
It will still be based on demand. When trade is down, business down and no need for more industrial buildings. There is quite a large commercial development in the tai seng area right now.
SSD is the problem of the buyers, so it will not be the priority of developers to lobby for it. The developers just want to lobby for less land supply so that they can call the short in pricing their projects. I believe the government will act on their request because it is quite obvious that pte condos will be oversupplied by the end of next year. Some of the GLS (under HDB) could be taking up the land that would otherwise be used for future BTOs and SERS.

Good to allocate more land to support the commercial/ industries to generate GDP rather than just oversupplying the land for residential use, which is a consumption item.

Montaigne
14-09-11, 09:24
Just curious, For eg ocoloco79 case, A FH in kovan not that near MRT vs a LH in punggol but near MRT, which one offers better price appreciation? M also looking at D19.

phantom_opera
14-09-11, 09:33

IMO, for 1br vs studio, WFI is much better for self-stay than 8@W ... imagine bring your girl friend to your tiny studio :D WFI at least has the sky garden, a wow factor for the first time :cool:

ulrich76
14-09-11, 10:38
Bro, i bought a unit liao. only to show intersted bros and sis here so that they make an informed decision. My unit is facing Punggol Sapphire in the south.

So! This place will be self-sustained as a small township with the necessary amenities. Confirmed good for upgraders. :) quote=ulrich76]Dear frens, in case you are keen to know what is west and south of ATT land. The reserve plot shown is ATT

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1e/Punggol_Sapphire_Surroundings.PNG[/quote]

hyenergix
14-09-11, 11:21
It will still be based on demand. When trade is down, business down and no need for more industrial buildings. There is quite a large commercial development in the tai seng area right now.

I would rather the government plan for some light and high valued added industries/commercial zone near Punggol and Sengkang to reduce traffic congestion as well as to increase the value of the land. Now this entire area is allocated to housing, and the population density and traffic will be very high. The only plots that are good are those just around the MRT and malls there.

phantom_opera
14-09-11, 11:29
Very soon, GLS will have another Punggol's land sale next to ATT ...

Worsty
14-09-11, 11:33
I would rather the government plan for some light and high valued added industries/commercial zone near Punggol and Sengkang to reduce traffic congestion as well as to increase the value of the land. Now this entire area is allocated to housing, and the population density and traffic will be very high. The only plots that are good are those just around the MRT and malls there.

If you think Tampines is bad now (population numbers and crowd), that's is at least as bad or worse what Punggol and Sengkang will be next time.

I do think opening a chain of childcare services in Punggol would make a decent living since there's a lot of young families there.

p3nboy
14-09-11, 11:57
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1153019/1/.html

devilplate
14-09-11, 12:44
IMO, for 1br vs studio, WFI is much better for self-stay than 8@W ... imagine bring your girl friend to your tiny studio :D WFI at least has the sky garden, a wow factor for the first time :cool:

the problem is he oredi bot minton for self stay b4 he sold his 8wood

so actually keeping 8wood for investment will be better den swopping it wif wfi:2cents:

maisonjai
14-09-11, 13:28
280 more units released for sale at A Treasure Trove (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/9/31183/280-more-units-released-for-sale-at-a-treasure-tro)
Sep 13, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

Following the brisk take up of A Treasure Trove in Punggol Central, property developer Sim Lian Group has released an additional 280 units at the project for sale, bringing the total number of units released to 580.

“The positive response to A Treasure Trove in Punggol reflects buyers’ strong demand for quality developments in prime locations,” said Kuik Sing Beng, Executive Director of Sim Lian Group
“To date, 80 percent of the units released at A Treasure Trove have been snapped up and there continues to be a steady stream of prospective buyers to our showroom. Sim Lian Group will progressively release more units to meet the market’s demand.”

The first phase of the 882-unit private condo was officially launched on 9 September, with 300 units released. 466 units had been sold as of 5pm yesterday and the average price remains unchanged at S$866 psf.

The developer said 93 percent of the buyers are Singaporeans and 80 percent have HDB addresses, the majority of which are within the Punggol and Sengkang vicinity.

The 99 year-lease condo development comprises 14 16-storey blocks situated on a 296,303 sq ft site, with units including two-bedroom, two-bedroom-plus-study, three-bedroom, three-bedroom-plus-study and four-bedroom units, as well as seven-bedroom, single-level luxurious penthouses. In addition, the development also features a 50 metre lap pool, spa pool and hydro-gym to promote healthy living among residents.

A Treasure Trove is located within the Punggol Waterway and Punggol Promenade vicinity and is a three-minute walk away from Punggol MRT / LRT station. It is easily accessible via major expressways such as the KPE, PIE, TPE and CTE.

Sim Lian Group is also integrating a historic bungalow as part of the project’s development. The conservation bungalow will be converted into a clubhouse, with facilities like a reading room, lounge, function room and gymnasium

phantom_opera
14-09-11, 13:30
This time Euro crisis unlikely can contain, swap market already pricing more than 90% of default probability for Greece ... one clear sign is German DAX has crashed 25% in a month, insiders already knew some German banks must be refinanced this or next month once Greece defaults

Both SL/FEO has obviously done their risk assessment in terms of macro, this time CAPL will be stuck judging from their share price

The scary part is the contagion effect .... once Greece is down, who is next?

If I am SL/FEO, better clear stocks quickly, don't be greedy :D

Again ATT not much downside at 866psf, it will be totally different story for Thomson Grand or My Manhattan

buttercarp
14-09-11, 13:32
I do think opening a chain of childcare services in Punggol would make a decent living since there's a lot of young families there.

I heard from agent that ATT will have an in-house child care centre.
Wonder which child care company would be so fortunate to get the bid.

p3nboy
14-09-11, 13:42
This time Euro crisis unlikely can contain, swap market already pricing more than 90% of default probability for Greece ... one clear sign is German DAX has crashed 25% in a month, insiders already knew some German banks must be refinanced this or next month once Greece defaults

Both SL/FEO has obviously done their risk assessment in terms of macro, this time CAPL will be stuck judging from their share price

The scary part is the contagion effect .... once Greece is down, who is next?

If I am SL/FEO, better clear stocks quickly, don't be greedy :D

Again ATT not much downside at 866psf, it will be totally different story for Thomson Grand or My Manhattan

Always avoid crowded places, especially showroom. If most ppl are right, every other person you talk to will be high net worth individual liao....:2cents:

devilplate
14-09-11, 13:44
Always avoid crowded places, especially showroom. If most ppl are right, every other person you talk to will be high net worth individual liao....:2cents:

den u shd avoid coming to this forum too

iwantgizmos
14-09-11, 14:06
I heard from agent that ATT will have an in-house child care centre.
Wonder which child care company would be so fortunate to get the bid.
Wow.. that child care centre confirm business boom boom pow....

p3nboy
14-09-11, 14:11

is this your forum?

phantom_opera
14-09-11, 14:14
Crowded does not mean not good, Caspian was very crowded when selling @ 580psf in 2009 too

Insurance against default (credit default swap) for PIIGS:

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/06/22/business/20110623-biz-SWAPS-graphic/20110623-biz-SWAPS-graphic-articleInline-v3.jpg

Would the insurance company(s) go bust like AIG if Italy defaults?

buttercarp
14-09-11, 14:16

is this your forum?

If it were his forum, you will probably be banned from entering:D !

p3nboy
14-09-11, 14:22
If it were his forum, you will probably be banned from entering:D !

ya, just like TR right?

Regulators
14-09-11, 14:29
everybody seems to be hyped up about the investment potential of ATT without considering the fact that these 800+ households will have to put up with the ghosts that haunt the Matilda house. Has anyone thought why the hell would the govt even be interested to preserve a fragile structure in the middle of nowhere? The owner of the house was less than noble in the past, having been involved in the opium trade. Heard that bad luck beheld those who tried to tear the house down and construction worker even died at the site. Uncannily, the house is redesigned to be in the shape of a cross, obviously for some reason. I would rather not fool with things in the spiritual realm, who knows what will happen to you if you live there, could be really bad luck for the family or even unexpected deaths :scared-3: :scared-3:

devilplate
14-09-11, 14:43
is this your forum?
U dun get my pt

ulrich76
14-09-11, 15:00
Maybe should tell developer no need to have bomb shelter inside the units. All go into Matilda house if got air raid, it is INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! All the planes who try to bomb it will disintegrate by themselves. Seriously bro, u think too much

everybody seems to be hyped up about the investment potential of ATT without considering the fact that these 800+ households will have to put up with the ghosts that haunt the Matilda house. Has anyone thought why the hell would the govt even be interested to preserve a fragile structure in the middle of nowhere? The owner of the house was less than noble in the past, having been involved in the opium trade. Heard that bad luck beheld those who tried to tear the house down and construction worker even died at the site. Uncannily, the house is redesigned to be in the shape of a cross, obviously for some reason. I would rather not fool with things in the spiritual realm, who knows what will happen to you if you live there, could be really bad luck for the family or even unexpected deaths :scared-3: :scared-3:

stalingrad
14-09-11, 15:07
280 more units released for sale at A Treasure Trove (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2011/9/31183/280-more-units-released-for-sale-at-a-treasure-tro)
Sep 13, 2011 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

Following the brisk take up of A Treasure Trove in Punggol Central, property developer Sim Lian Group has released an additional 280 units at the project for sale, bringing the total number of units released to 580.

“The positive response to A Treasure Trove in Punggol reflects buyers’ strong demand for quality developments in prime locations,” said Kuik Sing Beng, Executive Director of Sim Lian Group
“To date, 80 percent of the units released at A Treasure Trove have been snapped up and there continues to be a steady stream of prospective buyers to our showroom. Sim Lian Group will progressively release more units to meet the market’s demand.”

The first phase of the 882-unit private condo was officially launched on 9 September, with 300 units released. 466 units had been sold as of 5pm yesterday and the average price remains unchanged at S$866 psf.

The developer said 93 percent of the buyers are Singaporeans and 80 percent have HDB addresses, the majority of which are within the Punggol and Sengkang vicinity.

The 99 year-lease condo development comprises 14 16-storey blocks situated on a 296,303 sq ft site, with units including two-bedroom, two-bedroom-plus-study, three-bedroom, three-bedroom-plus-study and four-bedroom units, as well as seven-bedroom, single-level luxurious penthouses. In addition, the development also features a 50 metre lap pool, spa pool and hydro-gym to promote healthy living among residents.

A Treasure Trove is located within the Punggol Waterway and Punggol Promenade vicinity and is a three-minute walk away from Punggol MRT / LRT station. It is easily accessible via major expressways such as the KPE, PIE, TPE and CTE.

Sim Lian Group is also integrating a historic bungalow as part of the project’s development. The conservation bungalow will be converted into a clubhouse, with facilities like a reading room, lounge, function room and gymnasium

Prime locations? I guess we will have to move to punggol to be in a prime location.

mygeemeel
14-09-11, 15:13
Maybe should tell developer no need to have bomb shelter inside the units. All go into Matilda house if got air raid, it is INDESTRUCTIBLE!!! All the planes who try to bomb it will disintegrate by themselves. Seriously bro, u think too much

Matilda house has an underground tunnel that leads across to Msia.

stalingrad
14-09-11, 15:21

No, I am not impressed with this project. buying a LH property in Punggol at $870 psf is unlikely to be a good deal, especially given the imminent implosion of EU.

Perhaps we need to show a map to tell people where Punggol really is.

DC33_2008
14-09-11, 15:33
Yishun or Ponggol better?
No, I am not impressed with this project. buying a LH property in Punggol at $870 psf is unlikely to be a good deal, especially given the imminent implosion of EU.

Perhaps we need to show a map to tell people where Punggol really is.

Regulators
14-09-11, 15:38
i lived in punggol years back and have heard many things, i am not thinking too much. There are even stories of people seeing a lady waving to them at the entrance of the house at night (presumably the late mistress of the household). Preserving the house is really a bad idea, should get a priest in to bless the place and tear the house down to construct another new clubhouse. If things are to happen to the inhabitants of the place, it will happen mysteriously and not with a loud bang, just like what happened to Lord Carnarvon, the raider of king tut's tomb.

GSLJ
14-09-11, 15:55
i lived in punggol years back and have heard many things, i am not thinking too much. There are even stories of people seeing a lady waving to them at the entrance of the house at night (presumably the late mistress of the household). Preserving the house is really a bad idea, should get a priest in to bless the place and tear the house down to construct another new clubhouse. If things are to happen to the inhabitants of the place, it will happen mysteriously and not with a loud bang, just like what happened to Lord Carnarvon, the raider of king tut's tomb.Wow...sounds scary. :scared-4:

Didn't know there's a haunted past at this place.

ysyap
14-09-11, 16:40
Preserving the house is really a bad idea, should get a priest in to bless the place and tear the house down to construct another new clubhouse. If things are to happen to the inhabitants of the place, it will happen mysteriously and not with a loud bang, just like what happened to Lord Carnarvon, the raider of king tut's tomb.The problem was this house could not be torn down so if cannot tear down, then just preserve it lor... :scared-3: So when will OCH (old changi hospital) be transformed into a clubhouse or a new project or something? :p

ulrich76
14-09-11, 16:46
i lived in punggol years back and have heard many things, i am not thinking too much. There are even stories of people seeing a lady waving to them at the entrance of the house at night (presumably the late mistress of the household). Preserving the house is really a bad idea, should get a priest in to bless the place and tear the house down to construct another new clubhouse. If things are to happen to the inhabitants of the place, it will happen mysteriously and not with a loud bang, just like what happened to Lord Carnarvon, the raider of king tut's tomb.

My fren is keen to ballot for the 2BRs released over the weekend. Can you go to showflat to tell the interested buyers these "stories"? It will help my fren's chances a lot :)

ysyap
14-09-11, 16:55
My fren is keen to ballot for the 2BRs released over the weekend. Can you go to showflat to tell the interested buyers these "stories"? It will help my fren's chances a lot :)The stories are all over the internet. Even wikipedia acknowledged that this house is one of the haunted place in Singapore! :o

masterkey
14-09-11, 17:01

Are you speculating that bad karma will befall ATT, e.g. same fate as hotel new world? :scared-4::scared-4:

masterkey
14-09-11, 17:03
Prime locations? I guess we will have to move to punggol to be in a prime location.

They probably meant ATT is at a prime location WITHIN Punggol.

Wild Falcon
14-09-11, 17:03
And the Matilda House doesn't even look nice. If it's haunted, even if u tear down the house, the spirits will still continue to haunt the new residents. So doesn't matter if u tear down the house or not. In fact, tearing down might be worse because the developer might anger the spirits there.

i don't think the buyers are worried about whether the house is haunted lah. Greatest concern is the distance from the city - this is as far as can be already, near the Johor Straits. It's like Kranji in the west (albeit got MRT). It's nearer to Johor than Singapore city center. Can even see the petrochemical plants in Malaysia.

stalingrad
14-09-11, 17:07
They probably meant ATT is at a prime location WITHIN Punggol.

so, I see. Then my next question is that what is a non-prime location in Punggol? for me, all locations in Punggol look the same.

stalingrad
14-09-11, 17:09
And the Matilda House doesn't even look nice. If it's haunted, even if u tear down the house, the spirits will still continue to haunt the new residents. So doesn't matter if u tear down the house or not. In fact, tearing down might be worse because the developer might anger the spirits there.

i don't think the buyers are worried about whether the house is haunted lah. Greatest concern is the distance from the city - this is as far as can be already, near the Johor Straits. It's like Kranji in the west (albeit got MRT). It's nearer to Johor than Singapore city center. Can even see the petrochemical plants in Malaysia.

I am sure you went there to check it out today. I can't be bothered. let the hungry ghosts (greedy investors) buy units in this project haunted by real ghosts. They deserve each other. :D

masterkey
14-09-11, 17:12
so, I see. Then my next question is that what is a non-prime location in Punggol? for me, all locations in Punggol look the same.

Ah...no matter which league, all teams can be ranked. Same for Punggol sites, may be by the distance from MRT station?

stalingrad
14-09-11, 17:14
Ah...no matter which league, all teams can be ranked. Same for Punggol sites, may be by the distance from MRT station?

or by the proximity to matilda house. the close a project is to the house, the more prime it is.:D

stalingrad
14-09-11, 17:16
My fren is keen to ballot for the 2BRs released over the weekend. Can you go to showflat to tell the interested buyers these "stories"? It will help my fren's chances a lot :)

or better yet, can regulator conjure up a ghost to scare all away, so your friend would be the only visitor in the showflat?

ocoloco79
14-09-11, 17:43
Just to update, we have decided to give ATT a miss after much consideration, Thks for the advises! :p

DC33_2008
14-09-11, 17:51
Just to update, we have decided to give ATT a miss after much consideration, Thks for the advises! :p Post yvr condo photo here when it TOP.

phantom_opera
14-09-11, 17:56
IF you think ATT's 3br is small, think again:

New houses in Britain fail to give families the space they need - and they're getting smaller, architecture industry body RIBA warns.

This is leaving the UK with "shameful shoebox homes" that are the smallest in western Europe (Chicago Options: ^REURTRUSD - news) .

RIBA looked at 80 sites across the country and found the most common new three-bedroom home was 74 sq metres.

azeoprop
14-09-11, 18:23
Don't worry, Sim Lian's giant feng shui ball and the protection rings all around the pools and other areas will keep the evil demons at bay.

:p

Do u notice the big painting just before u turn left or right into the show flat? :rolleyes:

azeoprop
14-09-11, 18:27
the problem is he oredi bot minton for self stay b4 he sold his 8wood

so actually keeping 8wood for investment will be better den swopping it wif wfi:2cents:

The only plus point for the swap i could think off is I won't get 2 units top at around the same time in 2012. At least if recession do come, I will have less expenses.

:beats-me-man:

craze
14-09-11, 18:49
with so many stories about maltida house, have anyone seen it and talk about it?

azeoprop
14-09-11, 18:52
More pics and review here:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/A+Treasure+Trove+review+part+2%3A+Prices%2C+floorplans+and+what+we+think/

So it is true that all same type units have the same price for the same floor regardless what facing you have.

craze
14-09-11, 19:02
More pics and review here:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/A+Treasure+Trove+review+part+2%3A+Prices%2C+floorplans+and+what+we+think/

So it is true that all same type units have the same price for the same floor regardless what facing you have.

Yes price is the same for the same unit type regardless of facing except stack 36 , but prices might change this coming weekend.

victorchoo
14-09-11, 19:09
Yes price is the same for the same unit type regardless of facing except stack 36 , but prices might change this coming weekend.
what's so special abt stack 36?

Xan
14-09-11, 19:11
The reason why SL decided to build 800+ units has become clearer.
800+ units of residences (with children's shouting and laughter) vs one spirit in matilda house.
Who haunt who we still don't know yet.

phantom_opera
14-09-11, 19:12
I don't understand how can SL squeeze in 775sqft 2br with HS, drying ledge, balcony, aircon ledge ... would this leave the bedrooms/bathrooms terribly small?? Do we have the exact specs for the above unusable area? The combined size of balcony + drying ledge is probably same as master br.
:scared-4:

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-09-13/a_treasure_trove_2flrplan.jpg

fclim
14-09-11, 19:24
The reason why SL decided to build 800+ units has become clearer.
800+ units of residences (with children's shouting and laughter) vs one spirit in matilda house.
Who haunt who we still don't know yet.

I don't think the ghost or whatever is the scary part. It's whether this place has bad luck. That's scary because it could happen to anyone living there.:scared-1:

But, the question remains why this house is slated for conservation. Anyone knows? e.g unique architecture, special history etc. It does not represent what Punggol was like in the early years. Punggol was a farming community esp. pig farms. So this is really puzzling...:beats-me-man:

Stoney Stone Stone
14-09-11, 19:34
Matilda house has an underground tunnel that leads across to Msia.

Wow.... It sound like punggol is another DMZ.
Now I know why last time my unit always have excercise at Punggol.

"GUYS, TRACK 24 IS YOUR CON AREA, START YOUR DIGGING NOW BEFORE LAST LIGHT"

Regulators
14-09-11, 19:45
Iconic buildings like the old national library that should be preserved they tear down. Ugly buildings like matilda house that serve no purpose in the middle of nowhere they preserve, don't know what they are up to. You are right, it is not so much about seeing spectres or apparitions, it is the bad luck that might befall anyone living around the house. Err on the side of caution or thread into the realm of the dark, the choice is up to the people. Rumours has it that this house was also used by the occult to practise witchcraft. There is a certain darkness to this place that is hard to explain.
I don't think the ghost or whatever is the scary part. It's whether this place has bad luck. That's scary because it could happen to anyone living there.:scared-1:

But, the question remains why this house is slated for conservation. Anyone knows? e.g unique architecture, special history etc. It does not represent what Punggol was like in the early years. Punggol was a farming community esp. pig farms. So this is really puzzling...:beats-me-man:

ecimbew
14-09-11, 20:07
Some old photos of Matilda House

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/punggol-matilda-house/

victorchoo
14-09-11, 20:12
Iconic buildings like the old national library that should be preserved they tear down. Ugly buildings like matilda house that serve no purpose in the middle of nowhere they preserve, don't know what they are up to. You are right, it is not so much about seeing spectres or apparitions, it is the bad luck that might befall anyone living around the house. Err on the side of caution or thread into the realm of the dark, the choice is up to the people. Rumours has it that this house was also used by the occult to practise witchcraft. There is a certain darkness to this place that is hard to explain.
I have been having diarrhea since I visited the show flat on Sunday... is it related?? :scared-5:

Regulators
14-09-11, 20:21
if you continuously have diarrhoea despite taking poh chai pills, must be the hantu at work liao. :D
I have been having diarrhea since I visited the show flat on Sunday... is it related?? :scared-5:

Stoney Stone Stone
14-09-11, 20:22

Don't scare me......
I visited this afternoon.
BTW, I very hungry now.

land118
14-09-11, 20:26
Some old photos of Matilda House

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/punggol-matilda-house/

Spooky tales about Matlida House:

http://enhenyero.blogspot.com/2010/10/matilda-house.html

http://www.spi.com.sg/study/fm/punggol_kampong_house/main.htm

http://www.myhometown.sg/SingaporeBlogsonMyhometownsg/tabid/61/EntryID/42/Default.aspx

http://remembersingapore.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/top-ten-haunted-places-in-singapore/

http://www.spookycorner.com/35/haunted-places-in-singapore/

land118
14-09-11, 20:34
More spooky tales on the White House:

http://ghostclubsg.blogspot.com/2010/04/expedition-7-old-punggol-marine-parade.html

Great pic of the house in the past:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=125e0429-b13a-4d02-9b3b-955f4597a925

buttercarp
14-09-11, 20:53
Aiyo, I am so scared.....
I dun dare open the pictures.
Izit very scary?
U all sour grapes izit?
Never buy then tok about ghost.....

azeoprop
14-09-11, 20:55
So that 4 years later all fire sale at 600psf haa haa.... :rolleyes:

victorchoo
14-09-11, 21:06
if you continuously have diarrhoea despite taking poh chai pills, must be the hantu at work liao. :D
But Matilda house was occupied by Ang mo leh... simi hantu... :(

buttercarp
14-09-11, 21:07
But Matilda house was occupied by Ang mo leh... simi hantu... :(

Hantu cannot be ang mo meh?

victorchoo
14-09-11, 21:16
Hantu cannot be ang mo meh?
Wikipedia says hantu originates from Philippines leh...

Ang mo one is call casper. :)

maisonjai
14-09-11, 21:18
When u exercise in the clubhse gym, suddenly the treadmill next to u start moving by itself. :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

Isn't it strange that SL priced same type units with same price for the same floor regardless of facing?

gav108
14-09-11, 21:20
I don't understand how can SL squeeze in 775sqft 2br with HS, drying ledge, balcony, aircon ledge ... would this leave the bedrooms/bathrooms terribly small?? Do we have the exact specs for the above unusable area? The combined size of balcony + drying ledge is probably same as master br.
:scared-4:

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-09-13/a_treasure_trove_2flrplan.jpg

the reason why the balcony and ac ledge are so big is because they are exempted from GFA, so developers can maximize profits. what sim lian has further done is to increase the size of the ac ledge, and added a drying ledge, which i suppose is also excluded from gfa. for those not aware, ac (and prob drying) ledges are excluded from gfa so long as their width do not exceed 1m, but nothing mentions about the length. understand now why the ledges are narrow, but long, very looongg. who needs such long ac ledges for a 2 bedder? to house 4 compressors?? not to mention the long drying ledge, which can house another 4.

sim lian bought the land at 406 psf ppty, with a projected selling price of 850-1000 psf. if u take into account sim lian's exploitations, the actual average selling price is more towards 1000 psf. no, sim lian did not sell cheap n is making good profits. not to mention their so-so finishing.

so yes to mrt n mall, but no to crampness, finishing and exploitative layout. i can't believe some people can still say its layout is good :confused:

linchong84
14-09-11, 21:21
When u exercise in the clubhse gym, suddenly the treadmill next to u start moving by itself. :scared-4: :scared-4: :scared-4:

Isn't it strange that SL priced same type units with same price for the same floor regardless of facing?

The clubhouse (matilda house) is shaped in a cross to ward off evil spirit.. So the spirits can only go to the residential blks.. So, no matter which block you are at also will kena hantu, doesn't matter face where cos hantu can punch thru walls.. So price will be the same for same floor..

ysyap
14-09-11, 21:22
More spooky tales on the White House:

http://ghostclubsg.blogspot.com/2010/04/expedition-7-old-punggol-marine-parade.html

Great pic of the house in the past:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=125e0429-b13a-4d02-9b3b-955f4597a925I'm unconvinced with the pix taken for 3 reasons.

1. The house in her full glory probably dates back to the 50s or even as late as 70s? The photo in there seemed to be in the 90s. Some of my 90s pix don't even look as bright and clear as that picture.

2. The frontage of the old house in the past look very different from the one taken 4 years back. Whichever direction you look, the two pixs just don't tally with each other.

3. If that house has been deserted when reconstruction of Punggol began in the early 90s, and the house is left alone, why is soil used to level the terraced terrain and its quite a lot of soil thrown into that land? Strange construction work that avails to nothing.

But that does not dismiss the many spooky stories told revolving this house known as Matilda House! :sleep:

Stoney Stone Stone
14-09-11, 21:23
Wikipedia says hantu originates from Philippines leh...

Ang mo one is call casper. :)

If in group, it call Adams Family.:scared-1:

linchong84
14-09-11, 21:24
the reason why the balcony and ac ledge are so big is because they are exempted from GFA, so developers can maximize profits. what sim lian has further done is to increase the size of the ac ledge, and added a drying ledge, which i suppose is also excluded from gfa. for those not aware, ac (and prob drying) ledges are excluded from gfa so long as their width do not exceed 1m, but nothing mentions about the length. understand now why the ledges are narrow, but long, very looongg. who needs such long ac ledges for a 2 bedder? to house 4 compressors?? not to mention the long drying ledge, which can house another 4.

Only 10% is free.. the rest are counted towards the max gfa isn't it?

ysyap
14-09-11, 21:27
If in group, it call Adams Family.:scared-1:LOL! You are so funny :D

gav108
14-09-11, 21:27
Only 10% is free.. the rest are counted towards the max gfa isn't it?

nope. 10% of balcony is free. i.e. for the 2 bedder 72m, abt 7 sm will be the balcony, the ledges are over n above that.

maisonjai
14-09-11, 21:29
Let's carry this a bit further, drying ledge are provided because hantu cannot see red underwear all over the balconies, it will provoke them. haha.

It will check with a Sifu regard to the Cross & Dragonball.

land118
14-09-11, 21:31
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matilda-House/137357669617816

"Urban Explorers of Singapore
has an update on the infamous Matilda House, thanks to our close friend working as a Real Estate agent. The same house where Ms Elledah Shayne late grandfather was at as the house caretaker"

maisonjai
14-09-11, 21:56
so yes to mrt n mall, but no to crampness, finishing and exploitative layout. i can't believe some people can still say its layout is good :confused:

to be fair, comparing to Lux 2bed, ATT Bedroom 2 is 0.5m wider. Can still fit a queen bed+1side table.

kane
14-09-11, 22:01

not the big boys, they're hardly involved in many projects nowadays. It's the small developers that will bleed.

devilplate
14-09-11, 22:48

sim lian bought the land at 406 psf ppty, with a projected selling price of 850-1000 psf. if u take into account sim lian's exploitations, the actual average selling price is more towards 1000 psf. no, sim lian did not sell cheap n is making good profits. not to mention their so-so finishing.

Balcony 1st 10% foc only

And yes, ac ledge exempted from gfa but i m not so sure about this innovative drying ledge.....at the showflat, drying ledge look like ac ledge to me

Last time can cheat planter boxes mah.....so let them cheat abit on ac ledge lor...whahaha

Agree sl projects got one of the worse fittings and furnishing....the sanitary fittings r brandless.....i guess china brand....whahaha

Buy feo projects la, no excessive ac ledge!;)

gav108
14-09-11, 23:06
Balcony 1st 10% foc only

And yes, ac ledge exempted from gfa but i m not so sure about this innovative drying ledge.....at the showflat, drying ledge look like ac ledge to me

Last time can cheat planter boxes mah.....so let them cheat abit on ac ledge lor...whahaha

Agree sl projects got one of the worse fittings and furnishing....the sanitary fittings r brandless.....i guess china brand....whahaha

i m also not sure abt the drying ledge, but seeing how similar it is to an ac ledge, i can just imagine sim lian seeking approval for exemption from gfa under the premise of a ledge no more than 1m wide. otherwise can't imagine why have a ledge when u could at least have a yard, which can serve more purposes.

ysyap
15-09-11, 07:49
i m also not sure abt the drying ledge, but seeing how similar it is to an ac ledge, i can just imagine sim lian seeking approval for exemption from gfa under the premise of a ledge no more than 1m wide. otherwise can't imagine why have a ledge when u could at least have a yard, which can serve more purposes.Its just giving the space a name and then work around that name! :doh:

DC33_2008
15-09-11, 08:30
Developer really know how to made money. A/C ledge is not included as gfa and yet consider as part of the unit floor area. The drying ledge should be considered as gfa as it is a useable floor area. First 10% of balcony area is not included area to encourage developer to have larger balcony or planter to serve as shading and reduce internal heat load, and inturns use less of energy to cool the space. If you look at some greenmark award winning residential project, they do have quite a bit of balcony area.
Balcony 1st 10% foc only

Laguna
15-09-11, 09:21
The drying area is not allowed to close up...
so when heavy rain comes...good luck
But I believe, all will find ways and means to cover it..so the estate is going to be ugly

DC33_2008
15-09-11, 09:25
Just look at cityview. Quite a no. of houses have blinds at the large balcony. I believe some of them are using it as another room. Looks quite ugly.
The drying area is not allowed to close up...
so when heavy rain comes...good luck
But I believe, all will find ways and means to cover it..so the estate is going to be ugly

Wild Falcon
15-09-11, 10:16
Nowadays in many developments, the developer also find loophole in the 10% FOC balcony. The entire balcony can be covered up with solid wooden vented blinds which makes it an indoor space. Many projects are now so small, that the dining area has to go the the "covered" balcony, which is the developer manage to get FOC, but are selling to the buyers as indoor space. URA got to to plug that loophole.

Balcony 1st 10% foc only

DC33_2008
15-09-11, 10:22
Some are really huge and can have a dining table for 4-6 people. Not sure why buyer bites?
Nowadays in many developments, the developer also find loophole in the 10% FOC balcony. The entire balcony can be covered up with solid wooden vented blinds which makes it an indoor space. Many projects are now so small, that the dining area has to go the the "covered" balcony, which is the developer manage to get FOC, but are selling to the buyers as indoor space. URA got to to plug that loophole.

masterkey
15-09-11, 10:45

Not to mention sometimes air-space is sold as floor-space! :doh:

ysyap
15-09-11, 11:36
Not to mention sometimes air-space is sold as floor-space! :doh:Developers will sell you everything, no matter if they built it or not! We are all knowing our developers a little bit more! :cheers1:

ysyap
15-09-11, 11:41
Things developers do that do not go down well with most buyers

1. Sell you empty space.
2. Sell you a/c ledges, baywindows, etc which is low in construction cost.
3. Build showflats which are not reflective of actual units.
4. Draw diagrams to show MRT is just across the road but actually its 1km away.
5. Give homogeneous tiles and laminate flooring but sell at super high psf.
6. Bid lands super high so no choice have to sell to buyers super high.

iwantgizmos
15-09-11, 12:07

1. Sell you empty space.
i'm sure our fellow forumers have more to add to the list... :p

stalingrad
15-09-11, 12:23

1. Sell you empty space.

given what you said, is the average price psf really $860? It is more likely more than $1,000psf.

As I said, those that think this project is underpriced are delusional.

amk
15-09-11, 15:36
... some of the very rare moments I agree with stalingrad ;)..

this project is really, really.... :doh: it's as if ppl around Punggol are so keen for a condo, anything that's built, as long as it's < 1M, will be grabbed. This project is so cramped, the design so HDB/DBSS like, it's almost like the only selling point is the name "condo" and a price tag that's within reach.

... and I just learned the car park lot is like 800, for 880 units ? 10% less. yea sure "many without a car". this is Punggol not Tiong Bahru. :cool:

Regulators
15-09-11, 15:48
I don't think the people who bought are delusional, to them it is a no brainer since fraser's breakeven for watertown is going to be at least $100-200psf higher than what they paid for trove. The only reason I am not biting is bcoz of the hantus of the cashin family, this kind of thing beyond dollars and cents liao

ulrich76
15-09-11, 16:14
Wow seems like a lot of bashing of ATT. While I have bot a unit there, I will try to be objective.

Bad points
- Too crowded, 800+ units in a relatively small piece of land
- Located among HDB, no exclusivity

Good points
- Price. 3BRs at nearby condos not near MRT such as Rivervale Crest, The Rivervale and Rio Vista are already selling about 900k - 1m. You are buying a new condo next to MRT and megamall for the same price. Even though 3BR units at ATT are smaller, its a no brainer decision for many people.
- Comparison with upcoming Watertown Frasers/FEO project. The land cost them $1b. How much u think they will sell the residential units for? Buying ATT represents instant unrealised gains for the buyers.
- Convenience of KPE. 20 mins drive to Suntec - makes Punggol/Sengkang the most accessible of the suburbs.
- Punggol being the last stop of NE line. Not a bad thing, u get a seat!

As for those to say Matilda House is haunted. Any house in Singapore that was uninhabited for decades will also be "haunted".

Anyway, as they always say, the market is always right. Lets see how the response is like this weekend when the remaining units are released :)

Regulators
15-09-11, 16:45
Bro, if can make money I tell you can make money, buying ATT you sure make money so you got nothing to worry. you can call me superstitious but I won't buy becoz of the house.
Wow seems like a lot of bashing of ATT. While I have bot a unit there, I will try to be objective.

Bad points
- Too crowded, 800+ units in a relatively small piece of land
- Located among HDB, no exclusivity

Good points
- Price. 3BRs at nearby condos not near MRT such as Rivervale Crest, The Rivervale and Rio Vista are already selling about 900k - 1m. You are buying a new condo next to MRT and megamall for the same price. Even though 3BR units at ATT are smaller, its a no brainer decision for many people.
- Comparison with upcoming Watertown Frasers/FEO project. The land cost them $1b. How much u think they will sell the residential units for? Buying ATT represents instant unrealised gains for the buyers.
- Convenience of KPE. 20 mins drive to Suntec - makes Punggol/Sengkang the most accessible of the suburbs.
- Punggol being the last stop of NE line. Not a bad thing, u get a seat!

As for those to say Matilda House is haunted. Any house in Singapore that was uninhabited for decades will also be "haunted".

Anyway, as they always say, the market is always right. Lets see how the response is like this weekend when the remaining units are released :)

masterkey
15-09-11, 17:12

this project is really, really.... :doh: it's as if ppl around Punggol are so keen for a condo, anything that's built, as long as it's < 1M, will be grabbed. This project is so cramped, the design so HDB/DBSS like, it's almost like the only selling point is the name "condo" and a price tag that's within reach.

... and I just learned the car park lot is like 800, for 880 units ? 10% less. yea sure "many without a car". this is Punggol not Tiong Bahru. :cool:
So what happens if more owners apply for carpark lots than available? Ballot or first come first serve? The rest will need to get a HDB season lot at nearby HDB?

Stoney Stone Stone
15-09-11, 17:21
So what happens if more owners apply for carpark lots than available? Ballot or first come first serve? The rest will need to get a HDB season lot at nearby HDB?

1st come 1st serve for the 1st car per unit.
If you buy 2BDR 1 car/unit.
If you buy Penthouse 1 car/unit.

stalingrad
15-09-11, 18:10

Still rare? I have heard you say this so many times that my ears are getting calluses.

You have agreed me more times than you realized.

azeoprop
15-09-11, 18:19
Bro, if can make money I tell you can make money, buying ATT you sure make money so you got nothing to worry. you can call me superstitious but I won't buy becoz of the house.

I also want but no money. :(

Regulators
15-09-11, 18:36
did you lose your money to:
a) mbs
b) women
c) luxury goods
d) business
e) being too young and just started career
f) none of the above

...choose (f) state reason

I also want but no money. :(

bargain hunter
15-09-11, 20:39
suddenly u reminded me of the fella who bought the 7 bedder penthouse for 2.8m. LOL. only 1 car and no visitor parking allowed. :ashamed1:

1st come 1st serve for the 1st car per unit.
If you buy 2BDR 1 car/unit.
If you buy Penthouse 1 car/unit.

azeoprop
15-09-11, 20:45
suddenly u reminded me of the fella who bought the 7 bedder penthouse for 2.8m. LOL. only 1 car and no visitor parking allowed. :ashamed1:

Airlift service to park at its spacious roof terrace haa haa.. :rolleyes:

masterkey
15-09-11, 21:37

One lot, one van, one big family.:)

victorchoo
15-09-11, 22:08
There is one more development coming up. Opposite the bus interchange. Wonder how much will developers willing to pay amidst the volatility of the economy currently... :o

ysyap
15-09-11, 22:15
There is one more development coming up. Opposite the bus interchange. Wonder how much will developers willing to pay amidst the volatility of the economy currently... :oSeeing the good take up from ATT, developers understand that price must be low so may bid low and some developers may even give this a miss coz how low can one get??? Not worth the effort! Hmmm...

ecimbew
15-09-11, 22:16
There is one more development coming up. Opposite the bus interchange. Wonder how much will developers willing to pay amidst the volatility of the economy currently... :o

Two sites in Punggol

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10330p.nsf/w/LandDevMangLandSalesPgCtlEdgedalePlains?OpenDocument

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/Punggol%20Central%20-%20Main/$file/Punggol+Ctrl_Punggol+Place.pdf

ysyap
15-09-11, 22:17
suddenly u reminded me of the fella who bought the 7 bedder penthouse for 2.8m. LOL. only 1 car and no visitor parking allowed. :ashamed1:Now that is pathetic. Then this person may well go buy 3 3bedders to get 9 bedrooms and 3 car lots. Just get same level and link up the lift lobby area or something which the developers can help with. Even better, right? :D

victorchoo
15-09-11, 22:37
Seeing the good take up from ATT, developers understand that price must be low so may bid low and some developers may even give this a miss coz how low can one get??? Not worth the effort! Hmmm...
actually, based on the estimated site area and plot ratio, the estimated number of units are no more than 600. but SL managed to squeeze close to 900 units at ATT by packing the blocks very close to one another... and also the manipulation of the GFA of each household of cos (a/c and drying ledges):tsk-tsk:...

And these so called "savings" is then passed on to the buyers by offering them "lower than market rate" psf. If developers were to adopt the same modus operandi as SL, i'm sure they will be as successful...:2cents:

victorchoo
15-09-11, 22:53
http://i52.tinypic.com/fjjeom.jpg

yjcai
15-09-11, 22:54
actually, based on the estimated site area and plot ratio, the estimated number of units are no more than 600. but SL managed to squeeze close to 900 units at ATT by packing the blocks very close to one another... and also the manipulation of the GFA of each household of cos (a/c and drying ledges):tsk-tsk:...

And these so called "savings" is then passed on to the buyers by offering them "lower than market rate" psf. If developers were to adopt the same modus operandi as SL, i'm sure they will be as successful...:2cents:

I see^^^^^

kingkong1984
15-09-11, 23:09
This is is for HDB upgraders lah... go buy season parking at hdb car parks..

they are never full anyway unless u got mosque and only full on Friday

7 bedders.... 2.8 million. Silly to get this. Sell to who?

ysyap
16-09-11, 06:24
This is is for HDB upgraders lah... go buy season parking at hdb car parks..

they are never full anyway unless u got mosque and only full on Friday

7 bedders.... 2.8 million. Silly to get this. Sell to who?Once you move in you don't get out! :D Once you buy, you keep long long! :spliff:

phantom_opera
16-09-11, 07:34
Don't understand why azeoprop would want a unit here, 880 units on 290ksqft land is probably HK standard, his WFI is 560 units on 230ksqft of land with about the same height restriction .... from an investment perspective, would u invest in Pasir Ris 10y ago when it was in the same development stage as Punggol? Look at the number of empty lands there + Coney Island, Laguna is right. If the key point is price then why not buy 1br SOHO @ EuHabitat?

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 08:46
Face PIE and no walking idistance mrt?
Don't understand why azeoprop would want a unit here, 880 units on 290ksqft land is probably HK standard, his WFI is 560 units on 230ksqft of land with about the same height restriction .... from an investment perspective, would u invest in Pasir Ris 10y ago when it was in the same development stage as Punggol? Look at the number of empty lands there + Coney Island, Laguna is right. If the key point is price then why not buy 1br SOHO @ EuHabitat?

ysyap
16-09-11, 09:43
Don't understand why azeoprop would want a unit here, 880 units on 290ksqft land is probably HK standard, his WFI is 560 units on 230ksqft of land with about the same height restriction .... from an investment perspective, would u invest in Pasir Ris 10y ago when it was in the same development stage as Punggol? Look at the number of empty lands there + Coney Island, Laguna is right. If the key point is price then why not buy 1br SOHO @ EuHabitat?There are always many reasons for people to buy various projects. From staying near parents/children, to accessibility to work place/child's school to affiliation of the place (childhood memories). Anything goes. Price may only be one of the many reasons and it may well be a combination of other reasons! :cheers1:

stalingrad
16-09-11, 09:51
There are always many reasons for people to buy various projects. From staying near parents/children, to accessibility to work place/child's school to affiliation of the place (childhood memories). Anything goes. Price may be one of the reason but it may well be a combination of reasons! :cheers1:

but getting a capital gain cannot be a reason, because the upside potential is zero in my view, while the downside potential is quite large.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 09:54
Understand that is quite a few people dislike this place. But I think this place has upside in 4-5years time when the new new HDB with the surrounding amenities. Agree not for investors but for own-stay as there is a no. of schools nearby. The no. of mrt stops to town could be fewer than the line along bedok reservior area.
There are always many reasons for people to buy various projects. From staying near parents/children, to accessibility to work place/child's school to affiliation of the place (childhood memories). Anything goes. Price may be one of the reason but it may well be a combination of reasons! :cheers1:

Laguna
16-09-11, 09:57
Don't understand why azeoprop would want a unit here, 880 units on 290ksqft land is probably HK standard,

Not only that, I was told by the agent that nothing is allowed with 50m of the conservation house. So 100m X 100m is taken off from 290ksqft of land for BBQ...and no tree at all...a mass BBQ as well

bargain hunter
16-09-11, 10:08
3*3 bedders = 3xxx sq ft.

this penthouse is 4xxx sq ft but including a HUGE (i guess close to 2000 sq ft 2nd floor roof terrace). the buyer must REALLY love roof terrace. hahahhahahaha.

Now that is pathetic. Then this person may well go buy 3 3bedders to get 9 bedrooms and 3 car lots. Just get same level and link up the lift lobby area or something which the developers can help with. Even better, right? :D

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 10:27
Difficult to sell. Can convert to become high-level clubhouse.
3*3 bedders = 3xxx sq ft.

this penthouse is 4xxx sq ft but including a HUGE (i guess close to 2000 sq ft 2nd floor roof terrace). the buyer must REALLY love roof terrace. hahahhahahaha.

devilplate
16-09-11, 10:57
but getting a capital gain cannot be a reason, because the upside potential is zero in my view, while the downside potential is quite large.

downside risk also minimal lah

just look at EC prices will do.....they formed the base px

ulrich76
16-09-11, 11:18
Actually I hope they charge the management fee depending on whether you need a car park lot. This way, those with no cars may pay a very low management fee. Think this is happening with some small developments.

So if u are renting out to tenants with no need for cars, your return will be higher

victorchoo
16-09-11, 11:50
Actually I hope they charge the management fee depending on whether you need a car park lot. This way, those with no cars may pay a very low management fee. Think this is happening with some small developments.

So if u are renting out to tenants with no need for cars, your return will be higher

your tenants will also negotiate for lower rental too... :o

phantom_opera
16-09-11, 12:06
Not only that, I was told by the agent that nothing is allowed with 50m of the conservation house. So 100m X 100m is taken off from 290ksqft of land for BBQ...and no tree at all...a mass BBQ as well

In this case, the better stacks will be those facing the Matilda House if you don't mind the ghost story. Pool view units could be very very near (<15m) to your opposite units. Hmm ... may be end up renting to singles / students who want to meet each other everyday on the balconies :p Windows will be shut all the time ..... the Matilda effect is destined to be present in this project :scared-4:

If you don't know how close are the blocks to each other, take the length of the 50m lap pool and compare against the block to block distance below:

http://a-treasure-trove.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/site-plan.jpg

hopeful
16-09-11, 12:22
I was looking at the floor plans.
Is the rubbish chute bin inside the unit?

Does some units share chute bins?
like block 50 unit #04 sharing chute bin with unit # 01.

If not chute bin, what is that tiny space next to drying ledge?
why for some units, that space seems to have 2 openings, whereas for other units only 1 opening?

devilplate
16-09-11, 12:32
I was looking at the floor plans.
Is the rubbish chute bin inside the unit?

Does some units share chute bins?
like block 50 unit #04 sharing chute bin with unit # 01.

If not chute bin, what is that tiny space next to drying ledge?
why for some units, that space seems to have 2 openings, whereas for other units only 1 opening?

internal chute

dun tell me u r keen?

hopeful
16-09-11, 12:36
internal chute

dun tell me u r keen? perhaps I am wrong, but it looks like Developer sell the same floor area (internal chute) twice ?

stalingrad
16-09-11, 12:44
internal chute

dun tell me u r keen?

of course he is keen. Even teddy and HP65 are keen. they have all thrown in the towel.

hopeful
16-09-11, 12:49
of course he is keen. Even teddy and HP65 are keen. they have all thrown in the towel.
I am not keen in ATT. I just like to study floor plans, siteplans, location for condos :P

so "sharing" of internal chute is a first to me, if what the floorplan for ATT indicates.

My beef with developers is the 3% tolerance given to developers. that 3% tolerance can be played around by developers.

Anybody can confirmed that internal chutes are shared?

ysyap
16-09-11, 13:17
Ask the agent and let them find out for you... no need to find out by yourself. :D

hopeful
16-09-11, 13:38
Ask the agent and let them find out for you... no need to find out by yourself. :D

that's what I am doing here :) asking fellow forummers.

anyway, this is the site where I got the floorplans for ATTfrom.
http://www.welovepunggol.com/?page_id=752
as it is stated draft only, not sure the accuracy.

fclim
16-09-11, 14:40
that's what I am doing here :) asking fellow forummers.

anyway, this is the site where I got the floorplans for ATTfrom.
http://www.welovepunggol.com/?page_id=752
as it is stated draft only, not sure the accuracy.

Yes, from the floor plan, it appears they share the same rubbish chute, like those old 3 room HDB flats. So if you happen to open the cover at the same time as your neighbour, you can say hello to each other through the chute.

And yes,the developer probably charged this area twice. Clever and that's one reason why the price is lower than others...

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 14:43
Rubbish chutes are usually share. When do find one that is personal to the unit.
Yes, from the floor plan, it appears they share the same rubbish chute, like those old 3 room HDB flats. So if you happen to open the cover at the same time as your neighbour, you can say hello to each other through the chute.

And yes,the developer probably charged this area twice. Clever and that's one reason why the price is lower than others...

fclim
16-09-11, 14:45
Rubbish chutes are usually share. When do find one that is personal to the unit.

Different floors yes. But, those on the same floor? The rubbish collected will be doubled.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 14:49
Two units on the same floor share on chute is common.
Different floors yes. But, those on the same floor? The rubbish collected will be doubled.

fclim
16-09-11, 14:55

Really? I am not aware. Care to name some projects with similar chute system?

stalingrad
16-09-11, 14:56
no, not true. In most condos, each unit has its own chute. obviously, Sim Lian does not think the buyers deserve own chutes given that they are HDB upgraders and are probably used to shared chutes.

ATT is not really a condo. It is more a EC than a condo.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 15:02
Do you mean if there will be 10 chutes / collection point if there are 10 households on the same floor? The garbage collector will take a long time to clear the rubbish/waste in the chute at the ground level. In fact, there are condos with chutes outside the house and shared by a few households.
Really? I am not aware. Care to name some projects with similar chute system?

stalingrad
16-09-11, 15:04
Do you mean if there will be 10 chutes / collection point if there are 10 households on the same floor? The garbage collector will take a long time to clear the rubbish/waste in the chute at the ground level. In fact, there are condos with chutes outside the house and shared by a few households.

yes, we have 3 units on our floor, and each has a chute located inside the unit. that is the norm for condos.

if there are 4 units on a floor, there should be four chutes, each located inside a unit not outside.

ATT is designed like a HDB and its prices reflect this.

hopeful
16-09-11, 15:09

Doesnt Icon, The Clift have individual internal chutes? so more than 10 chutes per floor.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 15:13
Guess it depends on the layout of the development. You are probably paying for the chute space too.
yes, we have 3 units on our floor, and each has a chute located inside the unit. that is the norm for condos.

if there are 4 units on a floor, there should be four chutes, each located inside a unit not outside.

ATT is designed like a HDB and its prices reflect this.

stalingrad
16-09-11, 15:19
Guess it depends on the layout of the development. You are probably paying for the chute space too.

share chutes are no good. if your neighbors are sloppy and attract a lot of pests like roaches, it will affect not just them.

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 15:22
But you will have to share chutes anyhow becos there is still someone below you if you are on the top floor. Some landed properties use vacuum chute system which is cleaner and have no smelly garbage collector collecting rubbished at the gate.
share chutes are no good. if your neighbors are sloppy and attract a lot of pests like roaches, it will affect not just them.

fclim
16-09-11, 15:25

There are 16 storeys per block. Instead of 16 households sharing one rubbish shaft, you have 32 households which means rubbish is doubled. Bad for ground floor and 2nd floor units.

buttercarp
16-09-11, 15:29
There are 16 storeys per block. Instead of 16 households sharing one rubbish shaft, you have 32 households which means rubbish is doubled. Bad for ground floor and 2nd floor units.

Hahahaha....
Talking about this reminds me of an incident which hapened recently at my place.....
A neighbour threw all his books into the rubbish chute and the height of the rubbish piled all the way up to the third floor!
The management then sent out a circular reminding residents not to discard books in the rubbish chute, but into the recycle bin.

ysyap
16-09-11, 15:33
Hahahaha....
Talking about this reminds me of an incident which hapened recently at my place.....
A neighbour threw all his books into the rubbish chute and the height of the rubbish piled all the way up to the third floor!
The management then sent out a circular reminding residents not to discard books in the rubbish chute, but into the recycle bin.Your neighbors are interesting. At war with the words! :o

fclim
16-09-11, 15:43
Hahahaha....
The management then sent out a circular reminding residents not to discard books in the rubbish chute, but into the recycle bin.

He should be "booked" by the management. whahaha.

gav108
16-09-11, 18:16
perhaps I am wrong, but it looks like Developer sell the same floor area (internal chute) twice ?

don't think chute area is counted in the floor space? or is it?

i found this regarding gfa:

"Lift shaft/service ducts including the thickness of the walls are computed as GFA. They are counted once at the 1st storey level. Service ducts are counted once provided the vertical space is hollow. If the service ducts starts from the 2nd storey, the service ducts at the 2nd storey are counted as GFA. Service ducts are to be counted at every level if they are slabbed over.

Refuse chamber is to be counted as GFA.

However, the hollow vertical space at other levels including refuse chute are exempted from GFA."

so refuse chute at diff. levels r excluded from GFA, but are they included as floor space? how about the enclosed, unreachable spaces reflected within the floor area? anyone can verify?

azeoprop
16-09-11, 19:41
Just got to know another friend of mine bought a unit there as well.... :scared-3:

buttercarp
16-09-11, 22:14
He should be "booked" by the management. whahaha.

Yeap the management should not only book him, but shoot him for dumping his books in the chute!

solsys
16-09-11, 22:26
Treasure trove must be protected by a dragon, I.e. Matilda house? Hehehe. Make the ghost happy so that won't disturb residents.

Wow, rubbish chute becoming talking point.

if ATT becomes the new standard in mass mkt condo, then it's really gg downhill from here.

Better to treasure older condos than treasure the trove.

Regulators
16-09-11, 23:17
Reason why it is called treasure trove: Treasures abound those who are able to appease the ghosts of the Matilda House, ask for 4-D number tio 4-D, ask for toto tio toto, until one day they ask for you....:scared-3: :scared-3:

Treasure trove must be protected by a dragon, I.e. Matilda house? Hehehe. Make the ghost happy so that won't disturb residents.

if ATT becomes the new standard in mass mkt condo, then it's really gg downhill from here.

gav108
16-09-11, 23:20
i feel a bit apologetic - instead of treasure trove talk about rubbish chute...

yjcai
16-09-11, 23:55

so packed 1000 units shared 3 disconnected pool 880 psf. even prive better than it.

azeoprop
17-09-11, 00:08
so packed 1000 units shared 3 disconnected pool 880 psf. even prive better than it.

Welcome to Minton, vast 3 worlds awaits you. :p

toufu
17-09-11, 10:06
ATT location seems to be very good. Yesterday I was at the ATT site and right in front is the mrt station (3 mins slow walk and took train to Dhoby Ghuat and reach in 23 mins with guaranteed seats). The upcoming mall (Watertown) is just a junction across.

I think block 64 stack 29 and 30 will be very popular as it is unblock and unreleased (maybe this weekend?). Block 62 stack 26 (personally think it is the best stack as it has pool view from balcony yet unblock) already sold out :(.

Read from URA, matilda house is a conservation hse (built in 1908) and thus there is even a park purposefully built at BTO site so that the public can view the conservation house from across the park. This historical site will definitely make the clubhouse unique where only the few privileged (880 household) get to use and enjoy.

Quick calculation i think at least 80% launched sold. Could sell out by next weekend given its excellent location and the waterfront surrounding (the waterfront is just beside watertown. Very nice environment to live in. When bored, can take the train to other shopping mall (Compasspoint (Sengkang 3 mins), Nex (Serangoon 10 mins), CitySquare (Farrer Park 17 mins), Plaza Singapura (DB 23 mins), Central (Clarke Quay 25 mins), Chinatown (26 mins), Vivocity (Habourfront 30 mins). :o

Luckily I have thrown in the cheque =)

stalingrad
17-09-11, 10:09
sounds like an agent or sim lian insider.

I bet he is one of those. haha, I am not fooled.

toufu
17-09-11, 10:20
sounds like an agent or sim lian insider.

I bet he is one of those. haha, I am not fooled.

I wish i am the agent for ATT. Sure alot of commission :( and agents should be busy working at the showflat now as my agent told me they have released more stacks. I booked mine =) so can relax at home now.

Seriously all of you who think this project is lousy should go to the site to take a look. The surrounding is really serene too. I was like 'wow' when i saw the nearby waterfront. Amazingly beautiful. And really, the location is superb and psf reasonable at this time.

testtest
17-09-11, 11:04
I wish i am the agent for ATT. Sure alot of commission :( and agents should be busy working at the showflat now as my agent told me they have released more stacks. I booked mine =) so can relax at home now.

Seriously all of you who think this project is lousy should go to the site to take a look. The surrounding is really serene too. I was like 'wow' when i saw the nearby waterfront. Amazingly beautiful. And really, the location is superb and psf reasonable at this time.

Only 1 thing stopping me from throwing in my chq and it starts with a M...and it is not Macdonald! :scared-1:

azeoprop
17-09-11, 11:06
Only 1 thing stopping me from throwing in my chq and it starts with a M...and it is not Macdonald! :scared-1:

Same here haa haa....:p

august
17-09-11, 11:07
Luckily I have thrown in the cheque =)

hey i also throw in a few cheques! one for ATT, another for d'leedon!
feel so lucky!

see? talk so easy, u all believe? show picture of option plse :o

Worsty
17-09-11, 11:08

Tampines central WAS pretty serene..That's how packed Ponggol central is going to be once all those development up.

Although you can argue that with everything up, you'll be sitting on some good capital gains, that i'm probably in agreement as there's always Singaporeans that's has the same considerations as you.

And you probably meant good location for a place in Ponggol. Can't find anyone thinking so unless he or she's brought up in Upper Serangoon/Buangkok northwards all their lives.

stalingrad
17-09-11, 11:15

one penny for your M. what is it?

devilplate
17-09-11, 11:21
I believe toufu just an over excited buyer for att:)

He joined since 09 and been vy quiet.....

Dun pour cold water lor.....:D

I find att ok la...matilda does sounds eerie for me:scared-5:

If u believe tat EC form the base px for condos.....den att downside risk at least will be supported by esparina which is 700-750psf

buttercarp
17-09-11, 11:24
one penny for your M. what is it?

M= Matilda

Read from URA, matilda house is a conservation hse (built in 1908) and thus there is even a park purposefully built at BTO site so that the public can view the conservation house from across the park. This historical site will definitely make the clubhouse unique where only the few privileged (880 household) get to use and enjoy.

So Matilda House will be the clubhouse of ATT?

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 11:29
You are right in the computation of GFA when architect is designing building to ensure that it is within the total GFA based on the given plot ratio. It may be included in the computation of the floor area of individual unit. Just like Balcony, URA/BCA gives 10% of the balcony free to the developer but developer is charging the entire balcony as actual floor area.

"Lift shaft/service ducts including the thickness of the walls are computed as GFA. They are counted once at the 1st storey level. Service ducts are counted once provided the vertical space is hollow. If the service ducts starts from the 2nd storey, the service ducts at the 2nd storey are counted as GFA. Service ducts are to be counted at every level if they are slabbed over.

However, the hollow vertical space at other levels including refuse chute are exempted from GFA."

so refuse chute at diff. levels r excluded from GFA, but are they included as floor space? how about the enclosed, unreachable spaces reflected within the floor area? anyone can verify?

toufu
17-09-11, 11:58
I don't believe in ghost. I am a very scientific person. Haha. Actually I find it very cool that a conservation house with more than 100 years old history is going to be the clubhouse of ATT. If u look at URA photos of its glory days, u will know what I mean.

And with the vast amount of waterway in punggol, a walk in the evening will be nice.

The downside is of course, will the price drop when US and Europe dip into recessions? But I guess most buyers are buying for own stay, so whether the price drop is paper lost. But the fact that this place is 23 mins and 30mins away from orchard road and vivocity by MRT respectively is a big draw to me. If driving, only 15 mins to MBS by KPE. I tried by taking taxi. :) so I think the upside potential is great in the mid to long term.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:04
Suppose you are buying for own-stay. Are you staying around that area?I agree that this place is good for own-stay.
I don't believe in ghost. I am a very scientific person. Haha. Actually I find it very cool that a conservation house with more than 100 years old history is going to be the clubhouse of ATT. If u look at URA photos of it's glory days, u will know what I mean.

And with the vast amount of waterway in punggol, a walk in the evening will be nice.

The downside is of course, will the price drop when US amd Europe dips into recessions. But I guess most buyers are buying for own stay, so whether the price drop is paper lost. But the fact that this place is 23 mins and 30mins away from orchard road and vivocity respectively is a big draw to me. If driving, only 15 mins to MBS by KPE. I tried by taking taxi. :) so I think the upside potential is great in the mid to long term.

linchong84
17-09-11, 12:06
I don't believe in ghost. I am a very scientific person. Haha. Actually I find it very cool that a conservation house with more than 100 years old history is going to be the clubhouse of ATT. If u look at URA photos of it's glory days, u will know what I mean.

The downside is of course, will the price drop when US amd Europe dips into recessions. But I guess most buyers are buying for own stay, so whether the price drop is paper lost. But the fact that this place is 23 mins and 30mins away from orchard road and vivocity respectively is a big draw to me. If driving, only 15 mins to MBS by KPE. I tried by taking taxi. :) so I think the upside potential is great in the mid to long term.

Driving wise, i think 15 min only apply to those developments that are really near to KPE, eg park green, austville, boathouse.. From punggol to KPE, i think there are quite a number of traffic lights and some distances to clear.. i think 20-25 min more realistic unless the driver chiong >100km/hr thruout with no traffic light..

toufu
17-09-11, 12:09
Suppose you are buying for own-stay. Are you staying around that area?I agree that this place is good for own-stay.

Of course, that is why I know the efficiency of North East Line. In 20 mins to town by NEL or KPE. Now I need to take LRT to the train station, so I appreciate the advantages of having the mrt station just 200m away from your house. :) and shopping mall just across the road.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:16
Thanks. You have confirmed my observation that why ATT buyers have so many hdb upgraders based on the your reasons.
Of course, that is why I know the efficiency of North East Line. In 20 mins to town by NEL or KPE. Now I need to take LRT to the train station, so I appreciate the advantages of having the mrt station just 200m away from your house. :) and shopping mall just across the road.

amk
17-09-11, 12:19
This project is definitely for those who are already staying there, and are already used to what is available there. This is a huge upgrade for this group. Maintenance for a 3bd less than 200 bucks. HDB maintenance plus season parking is already close to that. The pricing is indeed much better than the keppel one.
Finally sengkang punggol become "mature town".

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:22
Only problem which was discussed extensively here is limited carparking. MC will have a difficult task ahead. :doh:
This project is definitely for those who are already staying there, and are already used to what is available there. This is a huge upgrade for this group. Maintenance for a 3bd less than 200 bucks. HDB maintenance plus season parking is already close to that. The pricing is indeed much better than the keppel one.
Finally sengkang punggol become "mature town".

toufu
17-09-11, 12:22
Thanks. You have confirmed my observation that why ATT buyers have so many hdb upgraders based on the your reasons.

You look down on HDB upgrader ah? :( I like that most are HdB upgrader, less foreigners and more Singaporeans. Feel more at home. Anyway the cooling measures should weed out the speculators already, so upgrader should be the norm. I will be scared if a bus load of PRC and Indian come to ATT.

toufu
17-09-11, 12:25
Only problem which was discussed extensively here is limited carparking. MC will have a difficult task ahead. :doh:

I m worried too :( I wonder whenthe MC takes over, can we ask URA to approve and allow us to redraw the parking lot? But the fact that it is so near to MRT, what are the chances every household will own a car? For me, I m not buying a car because I rather save the money to buy another private property as investment and rent it out.

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:25
Sorry if you think I am demeaning HDB upgraders. I was just trying to understand why so many buyer with HDB addresses bought ATT. I have stated the reasons as given by you a week ago. :scared-4:
You look down on HDB upgrader ah? :( I like that most are HdB upgrader, less foreigners and more Singaporeans. Feel more at home. Anyway the cooling measures should weed out the speculators already, so upgrader should be the norm. I will be scared if a bus load of PRC and Indian come to ATT.

linchong84
17-09-11, 12:28
I m worried too :( I wonder whenthe MC takes over, can we ask URA to approve and allow us to redraw the parking lot? But the fact that it is so near to MRT, what are the chances every household will own a car? For me, I m not buying because I rather save the money to buy another private property as investment and rent it out.

life is short.. good to own a car as it can result in more happiness in life.. no need to walk, no need to squeeze, no need to queue for cab, no need to wake up early, no need to reach home late... can go out anytime u want, can enjoy comfort..

no car, life is quite tough..

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:28
A young family will have less problem. A family with two or three children in early twenties can be a problem. This is exactly a problem which HDB has stated in last Saturday's paper where found that HDB households have more than 1 car.
I m worried too :( I wonder whenthe MC takes over, can we ask URA to approve and allow us to redraw the parking lot? But the fact that it is so near to MRT, what are the chances every household will own a car? For me, I m not buying a car because I rather save the money to buy another private property as investment and rent it out.

ulrich76
17-09-11, 12:29
Tampines central WAS pretty serene..That's how packed Ponggol central is going to be once all those development up.

Although you can argue that with everything up, you'll be sitting on some good capital gains, that i'm probably in agreement as there's always Singaporeans that's has the same considerations as you.

And you probably meant good location for a place in Ponggol. Can't find anyone thinking so unless he or she's brought up in Upper Serangoon/Buangkok northwards all their lives.

drove past luxurie just now. Also very serene :)
Pity keppel land. They must have felt like George yeo when ltk decided to contest in aljunied

toufu
17-09-11, 12:29
Sorry if you think I am demeaning HDB upgraders. I was just trying to understand why so many buyer with HDB addresses bought ATT. I have stated the reasons as given by you a week ago. :scared-4:

No worries. I also find it hard to understand why some ppl like to stay in Jurong west. I guess when one spend a long time there, they get used to the place. Guess I will fall in love with punggol over time :)

DC33_2008
17-09-11, 12:31
Not so near MRT and Mall?
drove past luxurie just now. Also very serene :)
Pity keppel land. They must have felt like George yeo when ltk decided to contest in aljunied

linchong84
17-09-11, 12:33

luxurie is even nearer.. around 150m or so.. but 1 MRT away, price different by 200psf.. hard to swallow..

amk
17-09-11, 12:35

Keppel one is nearer to MRT and an existing mall. The problem is they thought they were the only one selling in sengkang punggol, so they set a price 1000 to 1100 psf. Now every one goes to ATT. Keppel sure hate Sim Lian.

acidic.straw
17-09-11, 12:36

Refuse chute is common area.

toufu
17-09-11, 12:37

Because luxurie is about 200 psf more ex than ATT. Too many HDB surrounding it and no waterfront nearby. Compasspoint shopping mall is smaller than the new mall in punggol. So I didn't consider it since more ex but more disadvantages. The facing at luxurie also not as good as ATT.

linchong84
17-09-11, 12:44
Because luxurie is about 200 psf more ex than ATT. Too many HDB surrounding it and no waterfront nearby. Compasspoint shopping mall is smaller than the new mall in punggol. So I didn't consider it since more ex but more disadvantages. The facing at luxurie also not as good as ATT.

actually if price same, sure get luxurie.. it doesn't have more disadvantages.. 1 stop nearer to town and nearer to KPE.. Have existing mall.. somehow punggol look quite badly squeezed with a lot of HDBs whenever i drive there.. dunno whether it is real or something playing with my eyes..

Anyway both luxurie and att face HDBs.. where got different?

kingkong1984
17-09-11, 12:49
I believe toufu just an over excited buyer for att:)

He joined since 09 and been vy quiet.....

Dun pour cold water lor.....:D

I find att ok la...matilda does sounds eerie for me:scared-5:

If u believe tat EC form the base px for condos.....den att downside risk at least will be supported by esparina which is 700-750psf

The devil speaking again. :)

Down side risk... $550 psf EC at your backyard

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_25052011_E5/$file/E5_LocationPlan.jpg
(http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_25052011_E5/$file/E5_LocationPlan.jpg)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1139515/1/.html

hyenergix
17-09-11, 13:01
Near HDB is good. Near lots of amenities.

linchong84
17-09-11, 13:22
The devil speaking again. :)

Down side risk... $550 psf EC at your backyard

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_25052011_E5/$file/E5_LocationPlan.jpg

(http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_25052011_E5/$file/E5_LocationPlan.jpg)

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/1139515/1/.html

won't 550psf lah.. haha.. belysa's land bid lower than that end up also sell 700psf.. this one should be same price as prive around 700psf also..

GSLJ
17-09-11, 13:44
Mostly upgraders around the area, buying for long term stay.

ATT cheaper by 200 psf with future megamall, definitely no brainer. This project will sell out soon, wonder what Luxurie will do..:p

toufu
17-09-11, 13:44
actually if price same, sure get luxurie.. it doesn't have more disadvantages.. 1 stop nearer to town and nearer to KPE.. Have existing mall.. somehow punggol look quite badly squeezed with a lot of HDBs whenever i drive there.. dunno whether it is real or something playing with my eyes..

Anyway both luxurie and att face HDBs.. where got different?

The design of hdb at punggol is aesthetically more pleasing to me. The compasspoint mall is old and will be smaller than the new mall at punggol. The new mall at punggol is called Watertown. Watertown will also face the waterway. The non pool facing of luxurie is road cum older hdb facing while ATT non pool facing is park cum newer HDB. So after analyzing, I decided to go for ATT. More upside once the mall is completed while the price at Luxurie has already factor in the older compasspoint. Furthermore the new mall is closer to ATT. Just across the road.

gav108
17-09-11, 13:46
pros n cons. definitely mrt, mall n waterway are good. just that u gotta squeeze in these places with a whole lot of people soon - punggol has the densest and most packed housing development i have seen. att itself has got to be the densest development so far. can't imagine sharing the facilities with so many - no privacy, and facilities will wear down in no time. higher chances of conflicts. n its appearance looks so much like dbss centrale 8.

Regulators
17-09-11, 13:51
Are you an atheist?
The design of hdb at punggol is aesthetically more pleasing to me. The compasspoint mall is old and will be smaller than the new mall at punggol. The new mall at punggol is called Watertown. Watertown will also face the waterway. The non pool facing of luxurie is road cum older hdb facing while ATT non pool facing is park cum newer HDB. So after analyzing, I decided to go for ATT. More upside once the mall is completed while the price at Luxurie has already factor in the older compasspoint. Furthermore the new mall is closer to ATT. Just across the road.

toufu
17-09-11, 13:55
pros n cons. definitely mrt, mall n waterway are good. just that u gotta squeeze in these places with a whole lot of people soon - punggol has the densest and most packed housing development i have seen. att itself has got to be the densest development so far. can't imagine sharing the facilities with so many - no privacy, and facilities will wear down in no time. higher chances of conflicts. n its appearance looks so much like dbss centrale 8.

Yah the higher density is a concern. But see how it goes. I heard after 1 year, ppl will not use the facilities as often once the novelty dies off.

The HDB at punggol are already looking like condo! :scared-5: Comforting part is ATT landscape is pool, security, URA conservation clubhouse and basement carpark. In futures hope the location will be the main selling point

toufu
17-09-11, 13:58
Are you an atheist?

Smart, that is why the rumour on Matilda house doesn't affect me. In fact I like it after reading the history from URA and some newspaper article recently.

hyenergix
17-09-11, 14:00
Yah the higher density is a concern. But see how it goes. I heard after 1 year, ppl will not use the facilities as often once the novelty dies off.

The HDB at punggol are already looking like condo! :scared-5: Comforting part is ATT landscape is pool, security, URA conservation clubhouse and basement carpark. In futures hope the location will be the main selling point

Pools r rarely used by adults for most condos i visited. Only kids having fun in e pool.

azeoprop
17-09-11, 14:15
New phase released today with price increase of around 3% :beats-me-man:

buttercarp
17-09-11, 14:43
Smart, that is why the rumour on Matilda house doesn't affect me. In fact I like it after reading the history from URA and some newspaper article recently.
Seems like ghost or no ghost, people won't be bothered as long as the price is right.

stalingrad
17-09-11, 15:25

I don't think you can compare ATT with Luxurie. ATT has two balconies, but Luxurie has only one. ATT has lousy facilities. Luxurie has better facilities. ATT, according to some, has ghost problems, luxurie has none.

So, is ATT really cheaper than Luxurie. I say no.

fclim
17-09-11, 15:26
M= Matilda

So Matilda House will be the clubhouse of ATT?

For toufu, M=MRT and Mall lah.

The only con for this project is the closeness of the blocks which will affect privacy. Right now, it may not be so obvious, but when TOP, it will become apparent. But SL's showflat model shows all the blocks, instead of taking out the centre one like most developers. Perhaps will not be accused of misrepresentation in the future?