http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_SG/rooms_ideas/small_spaces/small_communal_home.html

hyenergix
13-08-11, 20:20
It is problematic for 6 persons to share 431 sqft in the IKEA video:
1. Snores from neighbours
2. It doesn't have toilets
3. No washing machine or place to hang laundry
4. Ladies cannot hang their bras and undies, or change clothes

Unless it is a workers' quarter. But it gives me idea how to squeeze 6 tenants into my (future) MM :D Anyone has experience renting 1-bedder to 3 or 4 tenants to share?

ysyap
13-08-11, 20:33
What is Ikea trying to promote? Small living spaces? Their furnitures can squeeze neatly in small areas? :doh:

Given a choice, no one in their right frame of mind would want that sort of lifestyle. Unless no choice and that probably is a minority! They made the video to address the minority? Poor advertising!

bargain hunter
13-08-11, 21:31
i went to the ikea store at alexandra. it has a few "showflats" for many small sized units of 500 sq ft or below. I think they are targeting MM owners.

problem is, this does not include wastage areas (ie balcony/planter/bay windows/air con ledge etc) and the showflats are of course designed to fit their furniture. in reality, the furniture, can't fit into the poorly designed MM units. :ashamed1:

What is Ikea trying to promote? Small living spaces? Their furnitures can squeeze neatly in small areas? :doh:

Given a choice, no one in their right frame of mind would want that sort of lifestyle. Unless no choice and that probably is a minority! They made the video to address the minority? Poor advertising!

kingkong1984
13-08-11, 22:35
6 animals lah...

Like living in a cage in hong kong...

These are the coolies of the economy. Foreign workers might put up with it but they have free accommodation at construction site. Much better but dirty and dusty.

In small enclosed space, even animals fight... Beware of squabbles... Hahahah

1 person is the best, next best is 2 persons.

irisng
14-08-11, 11:56
It is problematic for 6 persons to share 431 sqft in the IKEA video:
1. Snores from neighbours
2. It doesn't have toilets
3. No washing machine or place to hang laundry
4. Ladies cannot hang their bras and undies, or change clothes

Unless it is a workers' quarter. But it gives me idea how to squeeze 6 tenants into my (future) MM :D Anyone has experience renting 1-bedder to 3 or 4 tenants to share?

You can get a double-decker bed. My sister-in-law bought a double-decker bed with one single bed on top and a double bed below. :sleep:

irisng
14-08-11, 12:13

It seems to me that all the beds & furnitures are at the hall, that means there is no bedroom at all. Very packed but if meant for those with budget constraint, then maybe they don't mind. I wonder will the owner feel heart pain to see his/her unit in such a shape. :doh: