PDA

View Full Version : I am VERY tempted to sell....

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Yin Yin
18-08-11, 20:02
My D11 is FH, so it's good to keep I thought...

amk
18-08-11, 21:42
actually not so bad so far in 2weeks got about 6 viewings but no concrete offer one ridiculous one 5% below val from investor probably trying luck...so i wilol just sit firm till i get my price otherwise might consider taking an equity loan and renting out my property move back to my hdb...

Nothing wrong with 5% down offer, if ur pty valuation had jumped by more than 20% in 1 yr. Even diff valuer can have diff valuations, some can vary dramatically. Think about it carefully. Dun need to firesale, but no need to be greedy either.
For equity loan, u do know now can only do 60% ?

lifeline
18-08-11, 22:34
actually not so bad so far in 2weeks got about 6 viewings but no concrete offer one ridiculous one 5% below val from investor probably trying luck...so i wilol just sit firm till i get my price otherwise might consider taking an equity loan and renting out my property move back to my hdb...

actually if that buyer is seriously considering, he may accept at 2 or 2.5% below valuation. win-win for both. unless you are bullish (more funds pouring in here), and willing to take the chance of riding through a possible correction if / when the oversupply starts. it all boils down to your reading of how you think the market will pan out moving forward, vs what other plans you have after divesting.

radha08
19-08-11, 03:57
Agents will always tell buyers now is the best time to buy and will tell owners now is the best time to sell. So do agents themselves buy or sell now? :confused:

yup thats why most BAD agents got special place reserved for them in HeLllllll:simmering: ....for all the lies that they been telling all these years....:D :D :D

radha08
19-08-11, 04:00
I'm thinking of taking equity for my D11 too. Bank can offer valuation of near to Sgd500k above my purchase price. I've kept this for slightly over one year. But like you, I was initially planning to sell too.

bro sama sama where to find loan with such low interest rates but after getting loan just avoid RWS and MBS.....:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

Geylang OKT
19-08-11, 06:51
Be fast and nimble. Unlike shares which you can sell very quickly, illiquid assets can fall like a tonne of bricks when the growing gets tough due to a lack of buyers and you need to sell :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

radha08
22-08-11, 18:10
Be fast and nimble. Unlike shares which you can sell very quickly, illiquid assets can fall like a tonne of bricks when the growing gets tough due to a lack of buyers and you need to sell :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3: :scared-3:

more than 10 viewings...over 2 weeks...but no offer....all c c look look....:( .....sianzzzzz:sleep:

DC33_2008
22-08-11, 18:17
I had offers from Europeans for my properties. Seems like they are really weary of Euros and the crisis in Europe. Really tempted to sell.
more than 10 viewings...over 2 weeks...but no offer....all c c look look....:( .....sianzzzzz:sleep:

howgozit
22-08-11, 18:30
I had offers from Europeans for my properties. Seems like they are really weary of Euros and the crisis in Europe. Really tempted to sell.

My experience is the opposite with European owners of Singapore properties, they seem eager to sell. In fact, last year I picked up one such property from a pair of Europeans which I thought was a good deal.

Agent was explaining that on top of price appreciation of SIN properties, they gain on exchange rates when converted back to Euros. As we say in Singapore "jiak" double.

And when they bring the money back to Europe to buy property there, they "jiak" again as the prices are still depressed and may even fall further

cl0ver
22-08-11, 21:13
My experience is the opposite with European owners of Singapore properties, they seem eager to sell. In fact, last year I picked up one such property from a pair of Europeans which I thought was a good deal.

Agent was explaining that on top of price appreciation of SIN properties, they gain on exchange rates when converted back to Euros. As we say in Singapore "jiak" double.

And when they bring the money back to Europe to buy property there, they "jiak" again as the prices are still depressed and may even fall further

smart europeans, must be lots of training from living here... :cheers6:

DC33_2008
23-08-11, 08:13
I understand from some of my European friends like Switzerland that prices do not fluctuate so much so not so many buying/selling activities like in Singapore.

devilplate
23-08-11, 09:43
I understand from some of my European friends like Switzerland that prices do not fluctuate so much so not so many buying/selling activities like in Singapore.

over in europe prices drop due to bank foreclosure rather den firesale by sellers

they sell based on proper valuation so unlike of SG which sell by bank indication

howgozit
23-08-11, 10:47

Haha... your European friends are probably right, not to say there are no property speculators in Europe but it seems property speculation is more of a Chinese/Asian "disease".

Nearly every Singaporean is acutely aware of the property market situation and wants to get their feet wet at every chance. Uprooting once every few years to "upgrade" is also common. So is getting married to apply for a flat. This may all seem weird to an European just like our "dry" and "wet" kitchen.:ashamed1:

But prices are very unstable in Europe now. For example, even in London with 2012 just round the corner, the "Olympic Effect" has not supercharged the property market yet. The recent turmoil in UK probably also did't help.

amk
23-08-11, 11:03
Switzerland ? in Euro terms the price had jumped tremendously by 40%! simply because of the ccy.

yes there is this fundamental mind set diff wrt property between asians(chinese ?) and the ang mos.

ysyap
23-08-11, 11:38
Switzerland ? in Euro terms the price had jumped tremendously by 40%! simply because of the ccy.

yes there is this fundamental mind set diff wrt property between asians(chinese ?) and the ang mos.So in your opinion, which is healthier? Asian's outlook on property or the ang mos'?

Snail
23-08-11, 12:49

yes there is this fundamental mind set diff wrt property between asians(chinese ?) and the ang mos.

Of all the European countries, I think Switzerland is the worst example given the currency and 'haven' feeling.

In Europe, excluding Switzerland, property is generally stable as it is not so much an investment, but a place to live. Increasing numbers do buy to rent and many buy older properties to flip after some renovation but numbers are small. Mostly property is still just a 'safe' place to put money long term and maybe leave an asset to pass to the kids.

cl0ver
23-08-11, 12:51
if you have kids that intend to further studies in the UK, i think its a good time to buy some London property...
The sterling is really low now and some banks are offering you funding from SGD, so you lock in the exchange rate now but still enjoy SGD ultra low interest rates.

DC33_2008
23-08-11, 12:57
The question is not sure what is the risk of property being damaged with the riots in UK. The British Pounds have already dropped alot and not sure if it can maintain if Euros are to go down. They are having problems even with the Olympic games.
if you have kids that intend to further studies in the UK, i think its a good time to buy some London property...
The sterling is really low now and some banks are offering you funding from SGD, so you lock in the exchange rate now but still enjoy SGD ultra low interest rates.

Snail
23-08-11, 14:51
The question is not sure what is the risk of property being damaged with the riots in UK. The British Pounds have already dropped alot and not sure if it can maintain if Euros are to go down. They are having problems even with the Olympic games.

The problem is not whether property will be damaged, more whether the UK is even a viable country anymore. Riots were caused by a reason and the question is whether that reason makes the place worth investing in the future. I'm not so sure.

cl0ver
23-08-11, 16:14
UK in general maybe, but London remains an exclusive location that if you can own a small 2 bedder cheap in central location (zone 1-2), very hard to lose in future...

radha08
01-09-11, 09:39
hmmm one month still nO sell...hmm ghost month over stock market rebounding maybe this MTH got chance...:)

bargain hunter
01-09-11, 10:14
Good Luck!

viewings lined up this weekend?

hmmm one month still nO sell...hmm ghost month over stock market rebounding maybe this MTH got chance...:)

ysyap
01-09-11, 12:53
hmmm one month still nO sell...hmm ghost month over stock market rebounding maybe this MTH got chance...:)So your housing agent friend buying you lunch again to nego your asking? The market is not softening at all! Asking prices all across the island is still strong. You must not lower! This month got higher chance! All the best! :D

focus
01-09-11, 13:25
Can this symptom abt China property market be applicable to the singapore market, "而对于内地目前的楼市,他则持谨慎态度,“今年内地一线城市楼价已停止上升,只依赖二线城市楼价上升去支撑,这代表内地城市房地产的投资吸引力已开始下降,投资者宜小心。”".

The prices of 1st tier city(equivalent to our CCR) has stopped rising but PPI is now dependent on price rises of the 2nd tier city(equivalent to our RCR/OCR). This indicates the market is not as attractive to investors as before. Caveat Emptor".

ysyap
01-09-11, 16:34
Can this symptom abt China property market be applicable to the singapore market, "而对于内地目前的楼市,他则持谨慎态度,“今年内地一线城市楼价已停止上升,只依赖二线城市楼价上升去支撑,这代表内地城市房地产的投资吸引力已开始下降,投资者宜小心。”".

The prices of 1st tier city(equivalent to our CCR) has stopped rising but PPI is now dependent on price rises of the 2nd tier city(equivalent to our RCR/OCR). This indicates the market is not as attractive to investors as before. Caveat Emptor".China property bubble has been brewing for some time and it has gone out of proportion already. About time it stabalize. Singapore is lagging and will chase up in next 2 years if govt don't do anything more to help. Increasing the supply for 2013 and beyond was originally aimed to help cool the market but with the revised income ceiling, more buyers are just tempted to enter the market again (i.e. considering that there are a group of buyers who originally didn't want to buy coz PC is too expensive but now, can afford to go for ECs) :doh:

radha08
01-09-11, 23:17
Good Luck!

viewings lined up this weekend?

wow dont believe it today morning just remembered i selling my apt..ha ha then afternoon agent called me tonite had 2 viewings...but the funny part one abnn other malay...maybe chinese still scared ghost...:scared-1:

radha08
01-09-11, 23:20
So your housing agent friend buying you lunch again to nego your asking? The market is not softening at all! Asking prices all across the island is still strong. You must not lower! This month got higher chance! All the best! :D

actually my agent steady one he neber push me to lower..he say must maintain price...i am the one that become like kan cheong spider...sigh :doh: ..hate this buy/sell thing...but think of the $$$..hai ya bo pian...:o

kingkong1984
01-09-11, 23:21
It depends on where u property is located.

Abnn good wat... Can pay can already. Malay can buy, power!

DaytonaSS
01-09-11, 23:25
3 of my friends recently all sell relatively easily leh.... HDB lah, high COV some more.

ysyap
02-09-11, 07:50
3 of my friends recently all sell relatively easily leh.... HDB lah, high COV some more.HDB sure to sell easily with high COV. HDB form the lowest rung of support for the housing market. When PC prices climb too much, these buyers will flock to HDB, leaving only the richer ones to still look at PC. How can HDB not sell? :o

ysyap
02-09-11, 07:54
actually my agent steady one he neber push me to lower..he say must maintain price...i am the one that become like kan cheong spider...sigh :doh: ..hate this buy/sell thing...but think of the $$$..hai ya bo pian...:oUnless you are in urgent need of the cash from the sale, otherwise just concern yourself with other mundane matters and let your agent go and worry about selling that unit. My asking for my last sale was at a record psf for that development and I patiently waited for about 2 months. Didn't bother about it. Just hold on to the price and eventually it was sold, provided the economy is doing fine and the location is decent! Just don't think about it and be crippled by those worrying thought! :cheers1:

radha08
02-09-11, 09:24
Unless you are in urgent need of the cash from the sale, otherwise just concern yourself with other mundane matters and let your agent go and worry about selling that unit. My asking for my last sale was at a record psf for that development and I patiently waited for about 2 months. Didn't bother about it. Just hold on to the price and eventually it was sold, provided the economy is doing fine and the location is decent! Just don't think about it and be crippled by those worrying thought! :cheers1:

tks for the advice..in my life i ever sold my cars/hifi/handphone/laptop/pc...but this first time i selling my house...:scared-1: ...guess u are right must be STEADY...:)

radha08
02-09-11, 09:26
It depends on where u property is located.

Abnn good wat... Can pay can already. Malay can buy, power!

abnn very YAYA...walk in my house like they own the house...see u NO up...malay kampong spirit...mother father grandpa..all come..:D

devilplate
02-09-11, 09:27
tks for the advice..in my life i ever sold my cars/hifi/handphone/laptop/pc...but this first time i selling my house...:scared-1: ...guess u are right must be STEADY...:)
Wats ur plan?

Sell condo n move into hdb? Or buy another condo to stay?

devilplate
02-09-11, 09:29
abnn very YAYA...walk in my house like they own the house...see u NO up...malay kampong spirit...mother father grandpa..all come..:D
Btw since u said u r first time selling ur hse, have to b careful not to create harzardous situation within ur hse....if small kids or oldies got injured within ur hse, situation can b tricky and ugly:2cents:

bargain hunter
02-09-11, 11:13
this particular abnn :tsk-tsk:

land118
02-09-11, 11:23
Ask abnn 2 show u the $, many always talk cock, bargain and try to squeeze u..., sibei jialat ...:tsk-tsk:

devilplate
02-09-11, 11:38
Ask abnn 2 show u the $, many always talk cock, bargain and try to squeeze u..., sibei jialat ...:tsk-tsk:

some abnn like to nego wif owners directly and wana squeeze dry

best is to tell them to tok to ur agt ....hehe:cheers6:

land118
02-09-11, 11:42
some abnn like to nego wif owners directly and wana squeeze dry

best is to tell them to tok to ur agt ....hehe:cheers6:
Ya, most of the time, I make the agent earn their keep$, save my breathe...., sometimes hear their voice rattling, already sian liao....:doh:

radha08
02-09-11, 12:44
Wats ur plan?

Sell condo n move into hdb? Or buy another condo to stay?

sell first plan later....:D ...most prob rent for 1 year first...use my hdb rental to cover my pc/landed rental plus top up few heundred every mth...in a years time review situation...market drop buy...market NO drop...come to forum and KPKB....:D

radha08
02-09-11, 12:46

ya i know...i also got 1 hdb unit renting to abnn..knn aircon leak also call me...sofa not comfortable also call me...but he steady one...every mth swee swee pay money...i no need to knock on door collect rent...:scared-1:

radha08
02-09-11, 12:51

ha ha so i am not alone...:)

mygeemeel
02-09-11, 13:52
TS started this topic because he was tempted to sell his unit. So after all much debate, did he sell or not? :D

minority
02-09-11, 13:58
sell first plan later....:D ...most prob rent for 1 year first...use my hdb rental to cover my pc/landed rental plus top up few heundred every mth...in a years time review situation...market drop buy...market NO drop...come to forum and KPKB....:D

I sold my place looking to buy a new place. but price never drop. I guess I fall into the KPKB category.

fclim
02-09-11, 14:46

Hope you are not the YAYA type abnn when it's your turn to buy a house.:D

land118
02-09-11, 15:05
ya i know...i also got 1 hdb unit renting to abnn..knn aircon leak also call me...sofa not comfortable also call me...but he steady one...every mth swee swee pay money...i no need to knock on door collect rent...:scared-1:
Wow, like that u sibei "Bo Eng"...., just like Condo Mgr ...leh..., give him list of your preferred contractor, anything he can call ma...

U know your abnn keep calling u becos he hope to squeeze u and get some discount ma....

ysyap
02-09-11, 15:48
ya i know...i also got 1 hdb unit renting to abnn..knn aircon leak also call me...sofa not comfortable also call me...but he steady one...every mth swee swee pay money...i no need to knock on door collect rent...:scared-1:When it comes to payment of rent, 6 in 10 pay on time lah... so its decent to expect prompt payment. However, only 2 in 10 will complain the way your tenants are complaining! :doh: Usually they have no cause for complain because the TA already stipulated in no uncertain terms that what you see is what you get... ridiculous to ask for more. More often than not, the TA also include a one month guarantee working conditions for the electrical appliances too. That's all! No point complaining lah... nothing will be done if strictly following TA. :spliff:

Geylang OKT
03-09-11, 05:28
abnn = ah bu neh neh? :D :D :D

radha08
05-09-11, 09:00
TS started this topic because he was tempted to sell his unit. So after all much debate, did he sell or not? :D

coming sooon.....i can feel it...:)

radha08
05-09-11, 09:03
Hope you are not the YAYA type abnn when it's your turn to buy a house.:D

i maybe indian...but i born singapore i go army carry gun...i speak hokkien...malay...and i NOT yaya...:D

mygeemeel
05-09-11, 14:45
coming sooon.....i can feel it...:)

Attention Bro Geylang OKT, Radha is cuming and he needs your help.:D

radha08
05-09-11, 15:24
Wow, like that u sibei "Bo Eng"...., just like Condo Mgr ...leh..., give him list of your preferred contractor, anything he can call ma...

U know your abnn keep calling u becos he hope to squeeze u and get some discount ma....

frankly speaking sometime must give and take whether abnn/malaysian/china tenant u good to them do little bit extra when come to renew contract they also human being remember the good thing u do...my previous tenant stay with me 4 years until he go back to his country....when he left he thank me and say he is very happy to have stay my flat....just like do business u take care ur customer they take care of u...there will come a time in future when market flooded with flats...that time we see whether landlord can be yaya papaya....:cool:

radha08
05-09-11, 15:29

ha ha...geylang is the place for that...:D

ysyap
05-09-11, 15:49
i maybe indian...but i born singapore i go army carry gun...i speak hokkien...malay...and i NOT yaya...:DHighly commendable. I chinese but can't speak malay or tamil! I can speak hokkien though! :cheers1:

Geylang OKT
05-09-11, 16:51

Achtung Bro Mygeemeel, correction, Radha needs my girls' help :D :D :D

Not me ;) ;) :scared-4:

howgozit
05-09-11, 16:54
frankly speaking sometime must give and take whether abnn/malaysian/china tenant u good to them do little bit extra when come to renew contract they also human being remember the good thing u do...my previous tenant stay with me 4 years until he go back to his country....when he left he thank me and say he is very happy to have stay my flat....just like do business u take care ur customer they take care of u...there will come a time in future when market flooded with flats...that time we see whether landlord can be yaya papaya....:cool:

This is precisely right. You must think like a businessman.

As long as the your client (tenant) can meet your conditions, why should it matter where they come from or what colour is their skin?

All my relationships with my "foreign talent" tenants have been so far been very amicable. Give and take a bit lah. My worst tenants are actually local Singaporeans. Put aside political ideology aside and forget about the FT debate, renting out houses is a business and we should treat it as such.

radha08
05-09-11, 21:42
This is precisely right. You must think like a businessman.

As long as the your client (tenant) can meet your conditions, why should it matter where they come from or what colour is their skin?

All my relationships with my "foreign talent" tenants have been so far been very amicable. Give and take a bit lah. My worst tenants are actually local Singaporeans. Put aside political ideology aside and forget about the FT debate, renting out houses is a business and we should treat it as such.

great minds think alike....:D

Geylang OKT
05-09-11, 22:59
Better to sell now or sell lower down the road :)

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/pore-property-crash-serious-095330844.html

howgozit
05-09-11, 23:26
Better to sell now or sell lower down the road :)

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/pore-property-crash-serious-095330844.html

The article above was written in July.

This one below was written in September

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20110905-297735.html

Seems the "experts" have split views on where the property market is heading.

The summation of the two articles probably mean that it is anyone's guess and it could go either way.:)

mygeemeel
05-09-11, 23:44
The article above was written in July.

This one below was written in September

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Property/Story/A1Story20110905-297735.html

Seems the "experts" have split views on where the property market is heading.

The summation of the two articles probably mean that it is anyone's guess and it could go either way.:)

So i say we must always buy within out means with enough for rainy days. These 'experts' only talk and don't have to pay for the mistakes or wrong judgement. If wrong, they can always find 'reasons' to excuse themselves.

Even professors can make mistakes. ;)

ysyap
06-09-11, 07:18
Housing prices going up or down is only in the near future. Net result will definitely be up in the longer run therefore if you buy with holding power, then there is no real concern for flunctuating home prices. Just keep it until prices go north. The SSD will help to ensure for at least 4 years. Stretch that by another 4 years and you probably have one full cycle of up and down already. :cheers1:

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 09:13
LKY in last nite's session at NTU: With birth rates standing at 1.01 now, the Institute of Policy Studies had proffered the “grim statistics”, in Mr Lee’s words, of the need for 60,000 migrants every year to keep the economy viable.

This figure, however, was “politically indigestible”, Mr Lee noted. “20,000 maybe; 25,000 at a stretch, but certainly
not 60,000,” he added.

Can partially help to support market?

Housing prices going up or down is only in the near future. Net result will definitely be up in the longer run therefore if you buy with holding power, then there is no real concern for flunctuating home prices. Just keep it until prices go north. The SSD will help to ensure for at least 4 years. Stretch that by another 4 years and you probably have one full cycle of up and down already. :cheers1:

devilplate
06-09-11, 09:17
LKY in last nite's session at NTU: With birth rates standing at 1.01 now, the Institute of Policy Studies had proffered the “grim statistics”, in Mr Lee’s words, of the need for 60,000 migrants every year to keep the economy viable.

This figure, however, was “politically indigestible”, Mr Lee noted. “20,000 maybe; 25,000 at a stretch, but certainly
not 60,000,” he added.

i intepret it as we need 60k new migrants inorder to grow the economy. so 20k figure will most likely make our economy stagnant or even decline

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 09:22
Good news for property (sales/rental) market as these migrants will be mid to higher end ones. I know of two people who got S citizenship recently.
i intepret it as we need 60k new migrants inorder to grow the economy. so 20k figure will most likely make our economy stagnant or even decline

ysyap
06-09-11, 09:54

not 60,000,” he added.

At 60 000 migrants a year, there will be more foreigners in our shores in the next two decades man. Now its already a high percentage of foreigners... :doh:

gn108
06-09-11, 11:03
I agree.
Maybe 'experts' have more access to stats etc, but any 'advice' is still just their guess. Even more so when they're selling a project or maybe even their jobs. Ultimately, no one to blame but yourself if you get it wrong.

So i say we must always buy within out means with enough for rainy days. These 'experts' only talk and don't have to pay for the mistakes or wrong judgement. If wrong, they can always find 'reasons' to excuse themselves.

Even professors can make mistakes. ;)

devilplate
06-09-11, 11:24
Good news for property (sales/rental) market as these migrants will be mid to higher end ones. I know of two people who got S citizenship recently.

really gd news?

i tink supply is more den demand going forward in the next 3-4yrs

i want 60k new migrants!:rolleyes:

amk
06-09-11, 11:34

yes I want too ;)

.. and so do those sengkang/punggol/payalebar/pasirris 1100psf buyers.

hyenergix
06-09-11, 12:01
really gd news?

Other infrastructures r struggling to cope e.g. hospitals, schools, MRT, buses, places of interest. But we r planting e seeds of economic decline if less than 60k immigrants every year. We need to pump in more resources to speed up e developments n create new higher paying jobs. Citizens wont complain so much if services r available conveniently n there r job securities.

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 13:05
Investors do not need to be here physically to invest in property. $ have been flowing into this part of the world and more will come. It may not be great news but a more optimistic view ahead I hope.
really gd news?

fclim
06-09-11, 14:38

not 60,000,” he added.

Hmm.. Strange figure, this 60,000.

Death rate is currently about 20,000. Birth rate about 34,000 per year. Net increase 14,000 per year.

Why do we need additional 46,000 migrants? 50,000 emigrated overseas every year? :scared-1:

ysyap
06-09-11, 14:48
Hmm.. Strange figure, this 60,000.

Death rate is currently about 20,000. Birth rate about 34,000 per year. Net increase 14,000 per year.

Why do we need additional 46,000 migrants? 50,000 emigrated overseas every year? :scared-1:Not how I understand. Need additional 60k migrants on top of the net 16k births to ensure strong economy. :spliff:

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 14:52
Get the best people to do the the important jobs. It is based on meritocracy. Need top talents from abroad if locals are not good enough.
Not how I understand. Need additional 60k migrants on top of the net 16k births to ensure strong economy. :spliff:

Regulators
06-09-11, 14:56
If really 60k come in a year, there will be housing shortage in no time

DaytonaSS
06-09-11, 15:06
If really 60k come in a year, there will be housing shortage in no time

already shortage now, no? U r the best person to ask, any rental increament last renewal across your propertiesssssssssssss?

Regulators
07-09-11, 00:50
If you read in the news ccr rental lagging, my rcr, ocr and hdb doing well. Ocr just rented out recently and the others not due for renewal yet. I expect some competition from new projects going to top in 2012/3, but as my condos offer full facilities, should not be hard to find tenants at good price. I think apartments with no facilities will be the hardest hit when economy turns.
already shortage now, no? U r the best person to ask, any rental increament last renewal across your propertiesssssssssssss?

land118
07-09-11, 02:22
I read that min. need 20k, max. at current situation is 60k..., so the new private unit supply in the coming few years should be quite easily absorb by demand..., seem more positive than negative...for rentals in general.:2cents:

kingkong1984
07-09-11, 06:00
Wat if they stayed at HDB only?

50 percent realistic?

Maybe another 30 percent for EC...

Then 10 percent for mass market condo and 10 percent for luxury condo?
:scared-5:

DC33_2008
07-09-11, 08:41
There is always something call "displacement".

50 percent realistic?

ysyap
07-09-11, 10:03

50 percent realistic?

:scared-5:50% stay in HDB will naturally generate same number of upgarders into ECs, OCR/RCR and CCR. All factored in already! :spliff:

fclim
07-09-11, 11:05

50 percent realistic?

These are "foreign talent" that the government is trying to attract. High earning power in the "Best" jobs. Won't live in HDB or EC.

DC33_2008
07-09-11, 12:25
Good for condo owners. ;)
These are "foreign talent" that the government is trying to attract. High earning power in the "Best" jobs. Won't live in HDB or EC.

radha08
08-09-11, 18:07
SOLD..........Just collected my 1% deposit...:D:D:D...now waiting for 2 weeks....:):):)

buttercarp
08-09-11, 18:32
SOLD..........Just collected my 1% deposit...:D:D:D...now waiting for 2 weeks....:):):)
Congrats!
That was rather fast. You got the price you wanted?
Was the buyer a foreigner/ local?

Yin Yin
08-09-11, 18:39

Congrats!!! Avoid MbS/Rws ya...and it's time to look out for another star buy!

radha08
08-09-11, 18:54
tks guys was a real experience i am verry happy;) with the price...buyer is local....:)

radha08
08-09-11, 18:56
Congrats!!! Avoid MbS/Rws ya...and it's time to look out for another star buy!

ha ha coincidentally tommorow night booked a room at mbs...to celebrate my wifes birthday.....BUT NO casino...i rather donate 100 to charity...:)

bargain hunter
08-09-11, 19:09
CONGRATS! looks like stock market rebound did help indeed. ;)

Laguna
08-09-11, 20:09
Congrats
u only started this thread about a month back.....
u must be confused by everyone here.....

make good use of you money....

howgozit
08-09-11, 20:24
ha ha coincidentally tommorow night booked a room at mbs...to celebrate my wifes birthday.....BUT NO casino...i rather donate 100 to charity...:)

Congrats....

Show MBS your OTP and request to open a line of credit for $1million. Then put everything in one go at the baccarat table....:hell-hath-no-fury: .

Haha... just kidding lah... . Your wife is a lucky woman, on my wife's birthday I just ordered mee pok for her with extra fishballs.

mygeemeel
08-09-11, 20:42
Bro, you started this thread and made friends here. After you sold at record price, isn't it time to buy us coffee and beer? All of us can meet up.

fclim
08-09-11, 20:54

Congrats!:) Being cool and patient pays off in the end.

Laguna
08-09-11, 21:04
Bro, you started this thread and made friends here. After you sold at record price, isn't it time to buy us coffee and beer? All of us can meet up.

ya, fully agree.......
time to cheer!

DC33_2008
08-09-11, 21:30
Congrats! People say cannot sell in good districts. Prove them wrong. :)

ysyap
08-09-11, 22:01
Congrats... you were so worried about 2 weeks back voicing your concerns that there're no takers! Now your heavy heart is lifted... Its time to celebrate and look out again! :spliff:

amk
08-09-11, 22:03

Congrats ! Feel happy for you :) I'm sure it's good price too ;)

devilplate
08-09-11, 23:18
Congrats! People say cannot sell in good districts. Prove them wrong. :)
I tink this bro's place in pasir ris wor....

devilplate
08-09-11, 23:20
tks guys was a real experience i am verry happy;) with the price...buyer is local....:)
Just realised ur plc hit 700psf

Urs higher den tat?:cheers6:

radha08
09-09-11, 00:16
bro devilplate u are very sharp unit that hit 700psf got view of mbs and fireworks mine not so high end so still 600 plus psf....anyway thanks to all bros for advice and support....selling property got to be steady all you need is ONE buyer and GAME OVER....:D...anyway like what my agent say no cheque no talk...now the cheque came in he say 2weeks later then talk....:D:D:D

radha08
09-09-11, 00:20
Congrats... you were so worried about 2 weeks back voicing your concerns that there're no takers! Now your heavy heart is lifted... Its time to celebrate and look out again! :spliff:

tks bro i appreciate your sincere and steady advice...:)

radha08
09-09-11, 00:21

bro coffee got caffeine and beer make u fat....how bout red wine...:D:D:D

mygeemeel
09-09-11, 00:40
bro coffee got caffeine and beer make u fat....how bout red wine...:D:D:D

Will there be any meimei to sit on my lap? :ashamed1:

Bro, taking cheque isn't considered done. Wait till 2 weeks later when they exercise the option then celebrate.

Geylang OKT
09-09-11, 00:41
bro devilplate u are very sharp unit that hit 700psf got view of mbs and fireworks mine not so high end so still 600 plus psf....anyway thanks to all bros for advice and support....selling property got to be steady all you need is ONE buyer and GAME OVER....:D...anyway like what my agent say no cheque no talk...now the cheque came in he say 2weeks later then talk....:D:D:D

Your agent is prudent and cautious. That is a sign of a good agent. Skali the buyer no exercise thench how? Be cautiously optimistic :D :D :D

fclim
09-09-11, 00:43

Bro, taking cheque isn't considered done. Wait till 2 weeks later when they exercise the option then celebrate.

Quick quick bank in the cheque. Make sure cleared after 2pm tomorrow...

mygeemeel
09-09-11, 00:47
Quick quick bank in the cheque. Make sure cleared after 2pm tomorrow...

To me 1% is nothing if I can find another unit which could be higher floor, better view, lower price. I will forfeit the 1%.

So moral of story. Don't celebrate yet. Wait for them to exercise first.:2cents:

radha08
09-09-11, 00:57
yup thats why not celebrating yet...cheque banked in so if tommorow clear then can breathe easy...then must wait 2 weeks for balance 4%..once that clear can breathe EASIER....then wait 10 weeks until all money come in and no more roof over my head and sleeping at bus STOP:scared-1:....then CONFIRMED kok stand:D:D:D

radha08
09-09-11, 00:58

mei mei look for geylang okt....:D

Geylang OKT
09-09-11, 00:58
yup thats why not celebrating yet...cheque banked in so if tommorow clear then can breathe easy...then must wait 2 weeks for balance 4%..once that clear can breathe EASIER....then wait 10 weeks until all money come in and no more roof over my head and sleeping at bus STOP:scared-1:....then CONFIRMED kok stand:D:D:D

Bro, once OTP exercise you can breathe easy already... :D :D :D

radha08
09-09-11, 01:03
Bro, once OTP exercise you can breathe easy already... :D :D :D

i know bro but since this is forum just like coffeeshop must talk kok Sing Song a bit.....:D

mygeemeel
09-09-11, 01:07
i know bro but since this is forum just like coffeeshop must talk kok Sing Song a bit.....:D

So when are you buying red wine? OKT say will bring meimei.

radha08
09-09-11, 01:10
So when are you buying red wine? OKT say will bring meimei.

2 weeks time bro....:)

DC33_2008
09-09-11, 08:53
Be sure that the buyer is not into too much stocks. Obama is having difficulty in convincing Congress to part the half-trillion dollar plan. DJ went down 100 over points this morning.

DC33_2008
09-09-11, 08:59
I tink this bro's place in pasir ris wor.... Oh! Not bad! Pasir Ris can see MBS? How Big?

buttercarp
09-09-11, 09:09
Congrats....

Show MBS your OTP and request to open a line of credit for $1million. Then put everything in one go at the baccarat table....:hell-hath-no-fury: .

Haha... just kidding lah... . Your wife is a lucky woman, on my wife's birthday I just ordered mee pok for her with extra fishballs.

Wah you good, at least you remember your wife's birthday.
My hubby usually don't remember mine, or get the dates wrong, and this has been going on since we dated.

He just work, eat ,sleep and play xbox everyday.
Housing matters all I have to keep a lookout, otherwise probably till this day we would be still staying put in one place!

radha08
09-09-11, 09:24
My hubby usually don't remember mine, or get the dates wrong, and this has been going on since we dated.

Housing matters all I have to keep a lookout, otherwise probably till this day we would be still staying put in one place!

i CANNOT forget my wife bday cos my daughter born 1 day later....:)

radha08
09-09-11, 09:25
Oh! Not bad! Pasir Ris can see MBS? How Big?

can see three building with ship on top...so must be mbs...:D

mygeemeel
09-09-11, 11:06
can see three building with ship on top...so must be mbs...:D

My hall has a clear view of Swiss Alps on any given day (Poster). Any idea if i could sell at record high price?

westman
09-09-11, 11:55

buttercarp, consider yourself lucky, at least he is not playing something else ....:D :D

mygeemeel
09-09-11, 14:17
buttercarp, consider yourself lucky, at least he is not playing something else ....:D :D

:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1: :D

amk
09-09-11, 19:47

Then why u still marry him ? ;)

august
09-09-11, 20:25

bcos he is rich? :p

westman
09-09-11, 21:03

Or handsome perhaps? ;)

buttercarp
09-09-11, 21:09

Or handsome perhaps? ;)

Neither......
Boring and stable men make the best husbands and fathers.
I reckon that since after marriage everything will become boring, so choose someone who is boring from the start who is likely to have the trait of a good husband and father!

land118
09-09-11, 21:10
Rich, handsome & obedient! Excellent choice! :D

buttercarp
09-09-11, 21:12
Rich, handsome & obedient! Excellent choice! :D

Rich and handsome men are seldom obedient.

radha08
09-09-11, 22:15
My hall has a clear view of Swiss Alps on any given day (Poster). Any idea if i could sell at record high price?

can if next to swiss alp got picture of mrt station...:D:D:D

focus
10-09-11, 00:07
can if next to swiss alp got picture of mrt station...:D:D:D

and if next to swiss alp got picture of mrt station which also has picture of shopping center..

Walau.. picture perfect.

chiaberry
10-09-11, 07:03
Rich and handsome men are seldom obedient.

Other women will go after them too. These days the ruthless women are not deterred by a man being married.

ysyap
10-09-11, 07:11

Housing matters all I have to keep a lookout, otherwise probably till this day we would be still staying put in one place!I don't have to remember my wife's birthday. Just remember mine coz both are on the same date! Different year only...LOL! :spliff:

cl0ver
10-09-11, 08:39
OT already lah you guys....
The second wave of selling has just started... EUR now 1.36, S&P 1150 and 10y yield 1.91!!!

Let's hope STI fall another 10%

devilplate
10-09-11, 11:06
The second wave of selling has just started... EUR now 1.36, S&P 1150 and 10y yield 1.91!!!

y 2nd wave and not 3rd or 4th wave?

DC33_2008
10-09-11, 13:18
.Already queuing to buy into STI stocks on Monday with DJ dropping 300pts this morning.

radha08
10-09-11, 16:35
.Already queuing to buy into STI stocks on Monday with DJ dropping 300pts this morning.

i know how u feel everytime drop close eye and buy sure rebound but the worry is one day may not rebound i also make small money last few round when sti go to 2700 plus then rebound but its getting scary...:cool:

radha08
10-09-11, 16:36
I don't have to remember my wife's birthday. Just remember mine coz both are on the same date! Different year only...LOL! :spliff:

wah u champion....never heard this combo before...cheers...:spliff:

DC33_2008
10-09-11, 16:43
Buy bluechips and just hold. It will move up and quite quickly for some of them if you study their trends.
i know how u feel everytime drop close eye and buy sure rebound but the worry is one day may not rebound i also make small money last few round when sti go to 2700 plus then rebound but its getting scary...:cool:

radha08
10-09-11, 16:47
Buy bluechips and just hold. It will move up and quite quickly for some of them if you study their trends.

yup my fav kep corp...:D...as long as dont become corpse..:scared-1:

DC33_2008
10-09-11, 16:49
Have not been monitoring this? It was $11plus previously. Does it move like 50 cents a day?
yup my fav kep corp...:D...as long as dont become corpse..:scared-1:

radha08
10-09-11, 16:57
Have not been monitoring this? It was $11plus previously. Does it move like 50 cents a day?

now 8plus...one day up down 30 cents...no prob...just like play big/small...:)....only scared one day kena burn...:doh:....if buy wrong way....:(

DC33_2008
10-09-11, 17:01
I prefer banks, properties, etc. Just like property must have holding power. Good times can even contra and make some petrol money.
now 8plus...one day up down 30 cents...no prob...just like play big/small...:)....only scared one day kena burn...:doh:....if buy wrong way....:(

westman
10-09-11, 18:02
Wow... Mostly longists here...
Personally, I generally katek!

Just short 40 lots Genting on Friday @ 1.71... :cool:

DC33_2008
10-09-11, 18:06
Did try to queue for genting on thursday at 1.60 but did not get it.:mad:
Wow... Mostly longists here...
Personally, I generally katek!

Just short 40 lots Genting on Friday @ 1.71... :cool:

ysyap
10-09-11, 21:23
wah u champion....never heard this combo before...cheers...:spliff:My child same birthday as my dad. :sleep:

ysyap
10-09-11, 21:24
This thread is turning into a stock forum!!! :confused:

Laguna
10-09-11, 21:27
ya, equity is worth looking into now

DB : down >50% in a few months...DAX is very frightening
I am watching DB, BAC, C, JPM, C and GS for entry

howgozit
10-09-11, 21:31

Yes, I am good husband because I remember my wife's birthday. It's not that difficult because my girlfriend's birthday is on the same day.

ysyap
10-09-11, 21:36
A story was told of a wife who complained to her husband, 'Why is it that you always cannot remember my birthday?'

Her husband responded,' Do you remember when you caught a big fish?' To which the wife proudly replied, 'Of course I do.'

Her husband smiled and said, 'How do you expect the fish to remember?' :D

fclim
11-09-11, 01:22
A story was told of a wife who complained to her husband, 'Why is it that you always cannot remember my birthday?'

Her husband responded,' Do you remember when you caught a big fish?' To which the wife proudly replied, 'Of course I do.'

Her husband smiled and said, 'How do you expect the fish to remember?' :D

To which the wife replied, "Oh ya, the fish must be so stupid to be caught in the first place." :D

mygeemeel
11-09-11, 02:05
Now this forum becomes fish market. :)

So when are we having free booze???

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 10:18
It is important to have a supportive spouse in property investment as it involved large sum of $. Otherwise, they may "pour cold water" and miss good opportunities. Need Vit M and Vit S from them.

buttercarp
11-09-11, 11:29
Yes, I am good husband because I remember my wife's birthday. It's not that difficult because my girlfriend's birthday is on the same day.

There, there..... men who are over attentive to their wives usually have "other" forms of activities.
Wah you good , can have best of both worlds!

Btw so you have another property to house your girl friend?

Laguna
11-09-11, 11:30
LOL, this forum is getting to be very interesting

in fact, most of the women / wives are very risk adverse

Regulators
11-09-11, 13:32
So you have found out why your husband was overly attentive towards you at times :D
There, there..... men who are over attentive to their wives usually have "other" forms of activities.

howgozit
11-09-11, 15:26

Yes yes... I good, I provide housing for my girlfriend too... bungalow some more. In fact its a castle.... but.... built in the air.

Yep that's right, I have a girfriend living in a castle built in the air.... that's where I park my Ferrari too.

:)

buttercarp
11-09-11, 18:08
So you have found out why your husband was overly attentive towards you at times :D

No, he has been the same since we married.
Btw, his computer and xbox are his wives.
He has a room specially for them.
I am only his mistress, so I got a room to myself too!
That's why we need so many rooms in the house.

Yes yes... I good, I provide housing for my girlfriend too... bungalow some more. In fact its a castle.... but.... built in the air.

Yep that's right, I have a girfriend living in a castle built in the air.... that's where I park my Ferrari too.

:)

OMG, for a moment I thought you were delusional!
Well it's good to fantasize and have dreams.

amk
11-09-11, 19:22
in fact, most of the women / wives are very risk adverse

Actually I'm always puzzled to see perfectly nice women marrying horrible men ;) Is that a result of risk adverse ? :D

Regulators
11-09-11, 19:32
Yes, I know two multimillionaire ugly looking businessmen that married model wives in their prime, very beautiful even past forty.
Actually I'm always puzzled to see perfectly nice women marrying horrible men ;) Is that a result of risk adverse ? :D

radha08
11-09-11, 20:09
:D And all i said was....:D :D I am VERY tempted to sell....:D

buttercarp
11-09-11, 20:13
:D And all i said was....:D :D I am VERY tempted to sell....:D

You gave in to your temptation and this thread was born.

Laguna
11-09-11, 20:34

Buttercarp is such an interesting woman

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 20:52
How do you know she is a real woman?

buttercarp
11-09-11, 21:00

How do you know she is a real woman?

Cyber woman.......;)

howgozit
11-09-11, 21:38

Haha... for all you know I am actually your husband in the next room.
Pretending to play Xbox but actually playing XXXbox. In between surfing porn and chatting up teenage girls on the computer, I am responding to you on this forum.

Mwahahaha:hell-hath-no-fury:

buttercarp
11-09-11, 21:48

Haha... for all you know I am actually your husband in the next room.
Pretending to play Xbox but actually playing XXXbox. In between surfing porn and chatting up teenage girls on the computer, I am responding to you on this forum.

Mwahahaha:hell-hath-no-fury:

You are too good to be my husband as you remember your wife's birthday whereas mine doesn't.
Gotcha :tongue2: !

ysyap
11-09-11, 22:06
You are too good to be my husband as you remember your wife's birthday whereas mine doesn't.
Gotcha :tongue2: !Nice one.. better walk over to the next room and verify the other part about xxxbox! :D

radha08
11-09-11, 22:57

omg my next thread might be ...i am so tempted to buy...:D...wonder what kind of interest that would generate...:scared-4:

howgozit
11-09-11, 22:58

Honestly speaking, can any husband really forget a wife's birth date?

And I am not viewing it from the romantic angle. All the forms you have to fill in when you travel, buy a house, apply for credit card, open bank accounts...... etc. The practicalities of everyday life.

Through the years surely there must be an inkling.... No?...

And is it really that difficult to remember a date? hmmm....:rolleyes:

buttercarp
11-09-11, 23:22
Honestly speaking, can any husband really forget a wife's birth date?

And I am not viewing it from the romantic angle. All the forms you have to fill in when you travel, buy a house, apply for credit card, open bank accounts...... etc. The practicalities of everyday life.

Through the years surely there must be an inkling.... No?...

And is it really that difficult to remember a date? hmmm....:rolleyes:

I fill up the forms myself.
In this day and age with all the gadgets which store info, it is not uncommon for one to forget numbers and dates.
My husband does not know his and my handphone number off hand.
He says it is not worth his memory space. Just on the iPhone and press tthe preset button to call can already. Last year he set a reminder for my birthday on his iPad but got it wrong - one day later!

howgozit
11-09-11, 23:34
I fill up the forms myself.
In this day and age with all the gadgets which store info, it is not uncommon for one to forget numbers and dates.
My husband does not know his and my handphone number off hand.
He says it is not worth his memory space. Just on the iPhone and press tthe preset button to call can already. Last year he set a reminder for my birthday on his iPad but got it wrong - one day later!

Ok, still got hope you only are in step 1 - DENIAL

mygeemeel
11-09-11, 23:43

Mate, are you her dad or someone she ditched? :confused: :)

devilplate
11-09-11, 23:54
omg my next thread might be ...i am so tempted to buy...:D...wonder what kind of interest that would generate...:scared-4:
Ur butt surely get vy itchy once ur buyer exercised:p

lifeline
12-09-11, 00:37

i believe buttercarp has gone straight to stage 5 - acceptance, which is good.

buttercarp, since you already accept this fact, why dun you just directly remind him 1 week prior to your birthday, or use gmail notification to directly remind him. good for all parties.

Regulators
12-09-11, 00:48
you seem very happy that your husband doesnt remember your birthday. i am married for more than 10 years and there is never a year i forget my wife's birthday. i think your marriage is showing cracks and you may not even know it. Being in the people business, I have heard many stories, but the most amazing one is when a wife had for many years thought that her husband loved her and her family until a number of years later, she found out that he had a child with another woman outside and had been renting a place outside for that other woman and kid, leading a double life. He would give the excuse that he had work to do on certain days and disappear to keep the other woman company. This went on for years and his kids from both families already in primary school. He even appears like a good father bringing his kids for tuition, like he was leading a normal life. He eventually got found out but i didnt know exactly how. in the end both women didnt want him coz they felt he was not worth fighting for.

ysyap
12-09-11, 06:46
you seem very happy that your husband doesnt remember your birthday. i am married for more than 10 years and there is never a year i forget my wife's birthday. i think your marriage is showing cracks and you may not even know it. Being in the people business, I have heard many stories, but the most amazing one is when a wife had for many years thought that her husband loved her and her family until a number of years later, she found out that he had a child with another woman outside and had been renting a place outside for that other woman and kid, leading a double life. He would give the excuse that he had work to do on certain days and disappear to keep the other woman company. This went on for years and his kids from both families already in primary school. He even appears like a good father bringing his kids for tuition, like he was leading a normal life. He eventually got found out but i didnt know exactly how. in the end both women didnt want him coz they felt he was not worth fighting for.Don't scare lah... just a story to share! Buttercarp's hubby is just the forgetful type who is super lousy with numbers. :D

westman
12-09-11, 08:10
That's why we need so many rooms in the house.

Haha... I'm also into playing PC, Xbox and PSP (only during ICT) like your hubby. Sometime when I laze around without playing games, my dear wife would became very concern as she would asked "are you sick or not feeling well today?"

Most of my game kakis have similar response experiences from their wives too...:cool:

proud owner
12-09-11, 08:22

Question

I caught my husband masturbating ..twice ..in the room ...
what should i do ?

Answer :

Knock before you enter

DC33_2008
12-09-11, 09:29
It is getting too x rated here. :tsk-tsk:

latour
12-09-11, 09:36
This thread is getting more interesting!!!

gn108
12-09-11, 09:48
Ya agree - forum is getting cold here.
This is good marketing - draw some new contributors and comments.
This is good clean cyber fun.

My take is it's the ones that remember your birthdays and who always seem to an answers are the ones to watch. Smooooth operators...

This thread is getting more interesting!!!

buttercarp
12-09-11, 10:12
believe buttercarp has gone straight to stage 5 - acceptance, which is good.

buttercarp, since you already accept this fact, why dun you just directly remind him 1 week prior to your birthday, or use gmail notification to directly remind him. good for all parties
Acceptance is important in marriage. Never try to change your spouse into someone he or she isnt’t.

i think your marriage is showing cracks
That means it cracked from the time we dated, but since it lasted so many years, the cracks have become a beautiful design

Question

I caught my husband masturbating ..twice ..in the room ...
what should i do ?

Answer :

Knock before you enter
And ask…. Honey u need my help?

howgozit
12-09-11, 10:46
Acceptance is important in marriage. Never try to change your spouse into someone he or she isnt’t.

That means it cracked from the time we dated, but since it lasted so many years, the cracks have become a beautiful design

Good comeback! Well done! :)

Whatever works for you .....

For me, forgetting to celebrate a birthday is one thing but to forget a birth date is another thing altogether. My wife and I are way over this birthday celebration thingy but I find it quite impossible not to remember her birth date.

Leaving the lights on when you leave the house is a sign of forgetfulness. Not remembering a family member's birth date is not a sign of forgetfulness.

Anyway all the best to you and your forgetful husband Buttercarp, you are a good wife.

ysyap
12-09-11, 11:45

And ask…. Honey u need my help?You are amazing. Take my hats off you! :cheers1:

Regulators
12-09-11, 13:40
If it works well for you, I can only wish you all the best. The best litmus test is to actually see if he remembers other things well or is equally forgetful with other things as well. If it is the latter, you are safe, if it is the former, there is cause for concern, I mean seriously.

buttercarp
12-09-11, 15:45
If it works well for you, I can only wish you all the best. The best litmus test is to actually see if he remembers other things well or is equally forgetful with other things as well. If it is the latter, you are safe, if it is the former, there is cause for concern, I mean seriously.

Hahahaha.....
When it comes to birthdays, it is a norm to forget in my family.
He does not remember kids' birthday.
Sometimes my kids even forget their own.
So we have one week of celebration for birthdays. It is the birthday week rather than the birthday day itself.

If I tell you how I got married, you will probably freak out just like my mom did!
No celebration, no ring, no dowry.
He did not even bring flowers for the ROM, and I also forgot to order, so on that day i took a bouquet of artificial flowers from my parents' dining table.
I guess we were too eager to say "I do" till we forgot about the materialistic stuff.

westman
12-09-11, 16:24
Hahahaha.....
So we have one week of celebration for birthdays. It is the birthday week rather than the birthday day itself.

If I tell you how I got married, you will probably freak out just like my mom did!
He did not even bring flowers for the ROM, and I also forgot to order, so on that day i took a bouquet of artificial flowers from my parents' dining table.
I guess we were too eager to say "I do" till we forgot about the materialistic stuff.

hahaha... nice one! Simplicity but nice.;)

Regulators
12-09-11, 16:45
that is the problem, when you marry a guy showing that you are desperate, the guy won't cherish as much as when he has gone thru all those means to get a girl's hand in marriage. I am just speaking from a guy's perspective. Since your husband is neither handsome nor interesting, then he or his family must be loaded for you to marry him in such a hurry lol
Hahahaha.....

westman
12-09-11, 17:13
that is the problem, when you marry a guy showing that you are desperate, the guy won't cherish as much as when he has gone thru all those means to get a girl's hand in marriage. I am just speaking from a guy's perspective. Since your husband is neither handsome nor interesting, then he or his family must be loaded for you to marry him in such a hurry lol

Bro, I disagree with you on this leh...
Just to share abit about my ROM with my wife... I ROM my wife around 22 (she was 21) and the reason we ROM becos our HDB unit was due for collection and we must produce ROM certificate as we applied under Fiance/Fiancee scheme.

During our ROM, only four ppl attended the ROM process (my mother, my MIL, me and my wife). We went there empty handed (not even flowers) , just signed, photo taking (with the registrar helps to take group photo for us... :ashamed1:) and went off.

While we took it pretty lightly on ROM per your "standard" does not necessarily means I treated my wife lightly nor not cherishing her well enough wor... ;)

Just my personal opinion:cheers6:

Regulators
12-09-11, 18:01
Bro, my earlier post was directed at a girl and the mechanics work differently lah. To a girl, a guy wanting to marry her desperately is a sign of love, to the guy, a girl wanting to marry him desperately has a different implication. I was referring to proposals not associated with buying matrimonial home. If buttercarp knew her husband for many years then got married, should be ok lah, but if first year of courtship and the girl want desperately to marry the guy, I will reconsider this girl.
Bro, I disagree with you on this leh...
Just to share abit about my ROM with my wife... I ROM my wife around 22 (she was 21) and the reason we ROM becos our HDB unit was due for collection and we must produce ROM certificate as we applied under Fiance/Fiancee scheme.

During our ROM, only four ppl attended the ROM process (my mother, my MIL, me and my wife). We went there empty handed (not even flowers) , just signed, photo taking (with the registrar helps to take group photo for us... :ashamed1:) and went off.

While we took it pretty lightly on ROM per your "standard" does not necessarily means I treated my wife lightly nor not cherishing her well enough wor... ;)

Just my personal opinion:cheers6:

Laguna
12-09-11, 18:17
sori, guys and women

what is gg on here?

extremme
12-09-11, 18:26
buttercarp, you are a very nice and tolerant wife... kudos for that!

It's also come to a stage for us whereby we do not celebrate our anniversaries or birthdays anymore... and just celebrate the kids birthday. No more flowers or presents for each other but still, its a nice thought if your other half remembers your birthday is coming and asks whether you want to get the ring, bag etc you were eyeing. Though most of the time I rather don't get and save $ for the kids!

Guess, once in a while, you and the other half need to do something to keep the relationship alive. Of course, not the level of passion and romance that got you all together in the first place... but at least do something for each other, be it something as simple as cooking a meal together. Just my :2cents::2cents: worth

ysyap
12-09-11, 18:31
sori, guys and women

what is gg on here?Some intense discussion on marriage and ROM.. :D

East Lover
12-09-11, 21:50
Will u buy or rent first? use ur 1 yr rental as opportunity cost to wait for market drop?

irisng
12-09-11, 22:43
buttercarp, you are a very nice and tolerant wife... kudos for that!

It's also come to a stage for us whereby we do not celebrate our anniversaries or birthdays anymore... and just celebrate the kids birthday. No more flowers or presents for each other but still, its a nice thought if your other half remembers your birthday is coming and asks whether you want to get the ring, bag etc you were eyeing. Though most of the time I rather don't get and save $ for the kids!

Guess, once in a while, you and the other half need to do something to keep the relationship alive. Of course, not the level of passion and romance that got you all together in the first place... but at least do something for each other, be it something as simple as cooking a meal together. Just my :2cents::2cents: worth

Very interesting discussion, I also want to join in.

We are not a romantic couple. We do not celebrate our anniversary. We always forget our anniversary day.

For the 1st few years, we still buy presents for each other's birthdays but as times go by, I felt that it is a waste of money because buy already, also never use, became a "white elephant".

Every year, I will cook "mee sua" for my husband and children (including myself) during our chinese birthday and go out and eat during our English birthday. There was 1 year that I had forgotten about all our birthdays including mine, haha, because my mind was too occupied with things. Then I make up with other days. :doh:

If my husband has forgotten my birthday, I will remind him that tomorrow we will go out and eat. As for who foot the bill, sometimes him, sometimes me, not that particular over this area, afterall we are 1 family together.

radha08
12-09-11, 22:45
Will u buy or rent first? use ur 1 yr rental as opportunity cost to wait for market drop?

renting for 1year...in the meantime look c look c...come forum tcss...:D

radha08
12-09-11, 22:48
Some intense discussion on marriage and ROM.. :D

yup forget about ts topic...he already sold his house so can tcss...:)

radha08
12-09-11, 22:50
Ur butt surely get vy itchy once ur buyer exercised:p

i am only human an SINGAPOREAN....:D

ysyap
13-09-11, 07:44
i am only human an SINGAPOREAN....:DEveryone saying 2012/13 is the year to buy. Keep a close watch... With SSD, now buy also ok. 4 years' time in 2015/16, economy should have recovered so can sell again but you are buying to stay so different story! :o

westman
13-09-11, 08:12
Everyone saying 2012/13 is the year to buy. Keep a close watch... With SSD, now buy also ok. 4 years' time in 2015/16, economy should have recovered so can sell again but you are buying to stay so different story! :o

What kinda of story will it be? If for iwn stay, Dun't buy now but rent? Or just buy if we manage to find a nice one and have ability to hold?:2cents:

buttercarp
13-09-11, 09:31
Got a neighbour who bought a condo in 2009 which had not TOP yet.
2010 the prices in my neighbourhood increased rapidly so he sold his unit and rented another unit in the same place. Now his new place going to TOP and he wished he had not sold in the first place but instead sell now at a higher price without having the hassle of moving out and renting.

East Lover
13-09-11, 10:08
What kinda of story will it be? If for iwn stay, Dun't buy now but rent? Or just buy if we manage to find a nice one and have ability to hold?:2cents:
I can understand. If he rent for just one year, it's highly possible for him to buy a better place with lower price, and the saving cost should be more than the rental cost.

say he spend $3K for rental, one year is about $40K. but maybe next year the property can drop 10%, so he can easily save $100K for a 1 million house. ;)

devilplate
13-09-11, 12:49
I can understand. If he rent for just one year, it's highly possible for him to buy a better place with lower price, and the saving cost should be more than the rental cost.

say he spend $3K for rental, one year is about $40K. but maybe next year the property can drop 10%, so he can easily save $100K for a 1 million house. ;)

provided the px drop lor.....its a big gamble especially those wif kids....can be quite disruptive to move hse frequently

DC33_2008
13-09-11, 12:54
Sometimes it is not worth it when one includes all the inconvenience caused to the family unless gain is more than half a mil.
provided the px drop lor.....its a big gamble especially those wif kids....can be quite disruptive to move hse frequently

CCR
13-09-11, 13:18
Sometimes it is not worth it when one includes all the inconvenience caused to the family unless gain is more than half a mil.

how to find rental for 3k? i think that is too conservative...
I think for 3 bedrooms must be at 3.8k...so that works out to 46k per year...

if prices drop 10% for 1.5m property its only 150k....
then stamp duty cost plus other costs 45k.... reno another 40k at least.... total close to 90k....

90k+46k = 136k

this one year he would have save on interest costs...
lets say 1.25% of 1.5m = 19k...
maintenance fees savings = 4k per year

136k-19k-4k = 113k

150k-113k = 37k savings

so bottomline? not much to gain..... that is if it drops 10%.... so bottomline must drop 20% before its worth it....

ysyap
13-09-11, 13:24
What kinda of story will it be? If for iwn stay, Dun't buy now but rent? Or just buy if we manage to find a nice one and have ability to hold?:2cents:Seen too many examples of people who rent to wait for prices to fall but failed.

My take is simple. Unless you are so certain to rent now in view of falling prices in the near future, then by all means go and rent. Trouble is you can never be too sure about such things.

If its for own stay, anytime is good time. Over a long time, prices will climb above whatever price you've bought, provided you have holding power! :D If you buy for own stay but with the intention to sell soon, then its a risky business! :tsk-tsk:

westman
13-09-11, 13:37

then stamp duty cost plus other costs 45k.... reno another 40k at least.... total close to 90k....

90k+46k = 136k

136k-19k-4k = 113k

150k-113k = 37k savings

so bottomline? not much to gain..... that is if it drops 10%.... so bottomline must drop 20% before its worth it....

Have similar tot but you have put it much better and simpler than I'm able to. Great work. ;)

westman
13-09-11, 13:38
Seen too many examples of people who rent to wait for prices to fall but failed.

My take is simple. Unless you are so certain to rent now in view of falling prices in the near future, then by all means go and rent. Trouble is you can never be too sure about such things.

If its for own stay, anytime is good time. Over a long time, prices will climb above whatever price you've bought, provided you have holding power! :D If you buy for own stay but with the intention to sell soon, then its a risky business! :tsk-tsk:

Fully agreed with you provided it's within working distance from MRT for property be it own stay or investment.:2cents:

East Lover
13-09-11, 14:16

90k+46k = 136k

136k-19k-4k = 113k

150k-113k = 37k savings

dun forget he has HDB rental to offset his actual rental cost. so it may be just only $1.5K to top up per mth. only abt 20K opportunity cost actually? comparing the saving of $150K.

regardless pricess drop or not, if he has to buy, he has to pay for stamp duty, legal fee and reno.

so i think it should be faire comparasion only on the rental cost vs property saving if drop:

150k - $20K = $130K

not count the saving in maintenance and property tax. $130K saving not worthy to try???

ahkongkid
13-09-11, 14:25
he would have to incur stamp duty and reno as well regardless of when he buys isn't it? So why would that be factored into the equation?:beats-me-man:

90k+46k = 136k

136k-19k-4k = 113k

150k-113k = 37k savings

East Lover
13-09-11, 14:36
he would have to incur stamp duty and reno as well regardless of when he buys isn't it? So why would that be factored into the equation?:beats-me-man:
It should be fair to only compare the rental cost vs the saving if property drop.

$150K (prty drop)
+ $6K (saving in maitenance fee & property tax)
- $46 (assume $3.8*12 )
------------
$90K saving

$150K (prty drop)
- $20 (assume $1.5*12 top up)
------------
$136K saving if counting the help from HDB rental

devilplate
13-09-11, 14:59
Definitely nid to include overheads like stamp duty to buy another hse, agt comm for selling the current hse, legal fees for buying and selling and also move hse overheads and all the hassle

Bcoz he can dun sell the hse and continue to stay

devilplate
13-09-11, 15:00
It should be fair to only compare the rental cost vs the saving if property drop.

$150K (prty drop)
- $46 (assume $3.8*12 )
------------
$90K saving

$150K (prty drop)
- $20 (assume $1.5*12 top up)
------------
$136K saving if counting the help from HDB rental

Dun make sense at all to factor in hdb rental.....if he dun sell the condo, he also get to enjoy the rental income from hdb wat

So more accurate calculation will b based on status quo vs sell the condo and go rent another place and hoping to buy back again

Wat if ppty px continue to rise and nvr drop for next 3-5yrs?

Nvr gd to rent a ppty bcoz u cant reno the place and if u rent a new ones will b expensive

East Lover
13-09-11, 15:20
renting for 1year...in the meantime look c look c...come forum tcss...:D
radha where are you? we have done all the calculations for you.

what says you??? :D rent or buy now?:D :D

thomastansb
13-09-11, 15:56
After reading all the posts, I think we can conclude that the person must hope for property to drop 25-30% within 3 years to earn like 50k (assuming a 1M property that he is toying with and a rental of 3k). Anything below 25% drop or 3 years stagnant, the person would have used up his savings or is better off holding.

No way I am going to risk my 1st home (not forgetting the inconvenience and anxiety) for 50k. That is so stupid.

revhappy
13-09-11, 16:09
After reading all the posts, I think we can conclude that the person must hope for property to drop 25-30% within 3 years to earn like 50k (assuming a 1M property that he is toying with and a rental of 3k). Anything below 25% drop or 3 years stagnant, the person would have used up his savings or is better off holding.

No way I am going to risk my 1st home (not forgetting the inconvenience and anxiety) for 50k. That is so stupid.

You also have to factor that rental price will fall when house price falls. So take short term lease of 1 yr and ride the downturn in rental also.

But I strongly feel that when you rent, you shouldn't rent a condo that too 3 bedroom. Its much better to rent a cheap HDB house for around 60% of the price. Anyways its for short term so why splurge on rental

The rental yield in Singapore is one of the highest in the world, so definitely it is a waste to stay on rental even for short term, thats so obvious to even the dumbest of dumb so the only way would to be rent something thats much much cheaper.

devilplate
13-09-11, 16:14
You also have to factor that rental price will fall when house price falls. So take short term lease of 1 yr and ride the downturn in rental also.

But I strongly feel that when you rent, you shouldn't rent a condo that too 3 bedroom. Its much better to rent a cheap HDB house for around 60% of the price. Anyways its for short term so why splurge on rental

The rental yield in Singapore is one of the highest in the world, so definitely it is a waste to stay on rental even for short term, thats so obvious to even the dumbest of dumb so the only way would to be rent something thats much much cheaper.
However downgradge of lifestyle leh

Hdb rental flat condition mostly vy jialat also....

So must ask urself x10 again and again before u play wif ur own roof

fclim
13-09-11, 18:37
He has already sold his condo. So, not much choice. Either rent or stay in his HDB, which means forgoing rental income. The objective is really to minimise his costs, not maximise his savings. If he rents for a year and finds his dream home, he should not wait. If he manages to find his dream home before completion of his condo, then it's the best. But, can be quite stressful. So, renting for a year might be the best option to give time to find that dream home and not for prices to drop.

irisng
13-09-11, 21:24
What do you think the price of my EC (currently 12 yrs old) will be like when in 5 yrs time, there will be a MRT station around my area (not very near, I think need to take shuttle bus) and now they are building a new EC (also not near to MRT). In 5 yrs time, will my ppty price be affected by the new EC or will the MRT help to boost up my ppty price? When is the best time to sell? :beats-me-man:

thomastansb
13-09-11, 22:53
I mean we have take apple vs apple. By staying in HDB, then it is not a good comparison already. If stay in HDB, then that person need rent out his condo and move to HDB as a fair comparison. You know what I mean?

radha08
13-09-11, 22:55
radha where are you? we have done all the calculations for you.

what says you??? :D rent or buy now?:D :D
here i am...my plan as follows...

currently renting out my 4rm hdb flat at 2.2k a mth...tenant is happy i am happy....

i been looking but u cant get sh%^ below 3k for a decent sized condo dont even think of landed....

so i will be renting a 5rm hdb flat near my kids school...at my present condo travel time about 30mins to my kids school...

so i hope to get a 5rm flat rental about 2.5 to 2.7k...every mth top up less than 500 difference between rent i collect and rent i pay....for bigger flat closer to my kids school.... thats 6k down the drain in one year...

so whats the benefit....gain $$$$ from my current sale....market crash...i happy(no offence to other bros we all got our own views)

market CHIONG and ERL announced:D...i kok stand if they build station near my 4rm flat in upper east coast...

in 1 years time review situation...in meantime hopefully can use my funds to build wealth when oppurtunity arise in equities/business..etc

i may be right i may be wrong in my decision...but in life if you dont try you will never know...:)

radha08
13-09-11, 22:59
oh i forgot to add the 4 letter word "Huat"...ahhhhhh:D:D:D

devilplate
13-09-11, 23:21
oh i forgot to add the 4 letter word "Huat"...ahhhhhh:D:D:D
At least u still got a 4rm flat....so if ppty px din drop after 1yr, u still can moved back to ur hdb

And anyway, ur condo sell also gd la since its 99lh and quite old oredi:D

radha08
13-09-11, 23:39
At least u still got a 4rm flat....so if ppty px din drop after 1yr, u still can moved back to ur hdb

And anyway, ur condo sell also gd la since its 99lh and quite old oredi:D

thats what i feel hdb never sell die die must keep...good time bad time hdb always there for u....:D

cl0ver
13-09-11, 23:52
you should not think of sell now, wait for price to drop....
there are some reasonable resale out there, just need to look harder....
indeed rates are low at the moment, where u can easily get financing below 1% p.a.

so if you see something you like and reasonable at current market price, its really a good time to bargain now when many players are on the sidelines..

radha08
13-09-11, 23:57
you should not think of sell now, wait for price to drop....
there are some reasonable resale out there, just need to look harder....
indeed rates are low at the moment, where u can easily get financing below 1% p.a.

so if you see something you like and reasonable at current market price, its really a good time to bargain now when many players are on the sidelines..

u mean i should not think of buying now wait for price to drop...:confused:

East Lover
14-09-11, 09:19
here i am...my plan as follows...

currently renting out my 4rm hdb flat at 2.2k a mth...tenant is happy i am happy....

i been looking but u cant get sh%^ below 3k for a decent sized condo dont even think of landed....

so i will be renting a 5rm hdb flat near my kids school...at my present condo travel time about 30mins to my kids school...

so i hope to get a 5rm flat rental about 2.5 to 2.7k...every mth top up less than 500 difference between rent i collect and rent i pay....for bigger flat closer to my kids school.... thats 6k down the drain in one year...

so whats the benefit....gain $$$$ from my current sale....market crash...i happy(no offence to other bros we all got our own views)

market CHIONG and ERL announced:D...i kok stand if they build station near my 4rm flat in upper east coast...

in 1 years time review situation...in meantime hopefully can use my funds to build wealth when oppurtunity arise in equities/business..etc

i may be right i may be wrong in my decision...but in life if you dont try you will never know...:)
good luck for your new house hunting!

anyway, it's a wise move to cash out your current cond - it will be even harder to sell when it's getting older and older, and market getting darker and darker.

cash is king. you can shop happily next year!:D

taggy
14-09-11, 09:28
cash is king. you can shop happily next year!:D

on one hand i like this thread [I am VERY tempted to sell....],
on the other hand i also like the other thread [A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group]...
undecided, end up, doing nothing(neither sell nor buy) :ashamed1:

East Lover
14-09-11, 09:32
on one hand i like this thread [I am VERY tempted to sell....],
on the other hand i also like the other thread [A Treasure Trove - New condo at Punggol by Sim Lian Group]...
undecided, end up, doing nothing(neither sell nor buy) :ashamed1:
sell now at high, buy next year at low :D :D :D

Regulators
14-09-11, 10:12
I have always been wondering about keeping hdb. What if the hdb flat becomes 35 years old and goes en bloc, will I still be entitled to sers despite owning all those condos?
thats what i feel hdb never sell die die must keep...good time bad time hdb always there for u....:D

radha08
14-09-11, 10:19
I have always been wondering about keeping hdb. What if the hdb flat becomes 35 years old and goes en bloc, will I still be entitled to sers despite owning all those condos?

good point cos by law if u own condo u cant own hdb i suppose case by case basis...can talk to mp tell him sad story ur condos for your family mistress dogs cats and u got nowhere to stay need to stay hdb....:D:D:D

ysyap
14-09-11, 10:24
I have always been wondering about keeping hdb. What if the hdb flat becomes 35 years old and goes en bloc, will I still be entitled to sers despite owning all those condos?This is a problem the govt has to sort out before their next HDB en bloc. Anyway I suspect they will still honor the fact that the private condo owner has an existing hdb unit so all else being equal, these owners should reserve their rights to own the new HDB flats too with the same amount of top ups. :D

Regulators
14-09-11, 10:29
I really hope so coz my hdb giving me very good yield. If govt just take away without compensating me one back, I sure make noise. But I believe there must have been a precedent coz I believe for all previous hdb en blocs, there must be such cases
This is a problem the govt has to sort out before their next HDB en bloc. Anyway I suspect they will still honor the fact that the private condo owner has an existing hdb unit so all else being equal, these owners should reserve their rights to own the new HDB flats too with the same amount of top ups. :D

cl0ver
14-09-11, 10:42
u mean i should not think of buying now wait for price to drop...:confused:

bro, im in the same shoes as you. i cashed out and now waiting to find a good deal out there. what i'm saying is, looking at the current market situation, i do not think prices will come down 20-30%. so, my view is keep on looking and if the price is right/fair, don't hessitate...
renting is not a good solution and the hassle to move again and again...

as many pointed out, OCR is all the rage now, so if you can find some nice CCR in good location, i would enter when everyone else is staying out..

East Lover
14-09-11, 10:58
bro, im in the same shoes as you. i cashed out and now waiting to find a good deal out there. what i'm saying is, looking at the current market situation, i do not think prices will come down 20-30%. so, my view is keep on looking and if the price is right/fair, don't hessitate...

as many pointed out, OCR is all the rage now, so if you can find some nice CCR in good location, i would enter when everyone else is staying out..
And hopefuly by then no more 40%, no more SSD?!:D

maisonjai
14-09-11, 11:03

i asked before, as of current regulations u still be entitled to sers but once u collect new keys to ur hdb u need to dispose all ur pte ppty. Or u can sell off ur old hdb + entitlement to next owner.

howgozit
14-09-11, 11:11

I think the main difference is that you are still staying in your place of residence with a big wad of cash. You and your family's life is not disrupted. There is less pressure to transact.... No anxiety or stress to the family especially the kids who are less likely to understand this moving around.

Either way both you guys already made money. From this point its making more or less money.

Regulators
14-09-11, 11:13
They take away your flat, they have to return you one and bring things back to status quo mah, how can they force you to sell your pte when they compensate you new flat? This outcome is inequitable leh
i asked before, as of current regulations u still be entitled to sers but once u collect new keys to ur hdb u need to dispose all ur pte ppty. Or u can sell off ur old hdb + entitlement to next owner.

howgozit
14-09-11, 11:21
They take away your flat, they have to return you one and bring things back to status quo mah, how can they force you to sell your pte when they compensate you new flat? This outcome is inequitable leh

You may want to read this article

Family loses flat of 16 years over technicality

Leong Sze Hian

Mrs Tay (not her real name) has been the owner, together with her daughter, of a 3-room HDB flat for 16 years.

In 2005, she and her daughter were asked to select a replacement flat under the Selective En-Bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS).

Although her husband, a Malaysian working in Malaysia was not staying with her, she casually asked the HDB SERS officers whether he needs to be listed as an occupier.

She was advised that although it was not necessary, she may like to include him as he would occasionally come to stay with them, even though he did not even have a long-term visit pass.

In January this year, her new replacement flat was ready and they went to collect their keys.

During the keys collection, she casually enquired as to whether she should take her daughter’s name out, leaving herself and her son as the flat owners, because her daughter is married and living in Australia.

She was advised to fill a new form, to take her daughter’s name out, as she may want to buy her own flat in the future.

So, whilst completing the new form, they answered ‘yes’ truthfully to the question that her Malaysian husband had bought a property in Malaysia after the SERS announcement in 2005.

They were then told that they had breached the condition that no listed occupier are allowed to buy a private property in Singapore or a foreign country.

They have no flat now, and were compensated with $192,000 for having given up her flat under SERS.

A 3-room resale flat in her area now cost more than $400,000.

They have appealed to their Member of Parliament and HDB over the last six months or so, but to no avail.

Their last letter of appeal to HDB in July, ended with the following sentence:-

Quote:
“We (my son, my husband and myself) can and want to serve and contribute to Singapore for many more years. This is our home, we love what we are doing, which is beneficial to society. So, please look into our request favourably, and grant us the home which we are about to lose”.
Even at the new flat keys collection, the Malaysian husband is also not absolutely required to be listed as an occupier, as the flat’s owners are Mrs Tay and her son.

There was also some confusion as Mrs Tay’s daughter wrote that in a letter from the HDB on the SERS replacement flat, it was advised that owners of private property were not eligible for a HDB loan. So, one may have been confused into thinking that it was alright to own a private property to get a SERS flat, but not a HDB loan only.

In fact, owners of a HDB flat for more than five years have been allowed to own private property at the same time provided they stay in the HDB flat. So, since this was the rule at the time of the SERS in 2005, wouldn’t it be confusing as some may not realize that a new condition on private property ownership was imposed.

If you take a person’s flat away and give him/her a new replacement, is it fair to impose this new condition, which would not be there had he/she continued to own the flat, if not for being “forced” to En-Bloc?

Her husband has given up his ownership of the Malaysian property to appeal to the HDB, but has been rejected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eU9lU1aHQ&feature=player_embedded

Regulators
14-09-11, 11:30
Thanks for digging up this article. The problem with this case is they bought a property in malaysia after the sers announcement. What happens if the pte pty was bought long before this sers thing came about?
You may want to read this article

Family loses flat of 16 years over technicality

Leong Sze Hian

Mrs Tay (not her real name) has been the owner, together with her daughter, of a 3-room HDB flat for 16 years.

In 2005, she and her daughter were asked to select a replacement flat under the Selective En-Bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS).

Although her husband, a Malaysian working in Malaysia was not staying with her, she casually asked the HDB SERS officers whether he needs to be listed as an occupier.

She was advised that although it was not necessary, she may like to include him as he would occasionally come to stay with them, even though he did not even have a long-term visit pass.

In January this year, her new replacement flat was ready and they went to collect their keys.

During the keys collection, she casually enquired as to whether she should take her daughter’s name out, leaving herself and her son as the flat owners, because her daughter is married and living in Australia.

She was advised to fill a new form, to take her daughter’s name out, as she may want to buy her own flat in the future.

So, whilst completing the new form, they answered ‘yes’ truthfully to the question that her Malaysian husband had bought a property in Malaysia after the SERS announcement in 2005.

They were then told that they had breached the condition that no listed occupier are allowed to buy a private property in Singapore or a foreign country.

They have no flat now, and were compensated with $192,000 for having given up her flat under SERS.

A 3-room resale flat in her area now cost more than $400,000.

They have appealed to their Member of Parliament and HDB over the last six months or so, but to no avail.

Their last letter of appeal to HDB in July, ended with the following sentence:-

Quote:
“We (my son, my husband and myself) can and want to serve and contribute to Singapore for many more years. This is our home, we love what we are doing, which is beneficial to society. So, please look into our request favourably, and grant us the home which we are about to lose”.
Even at the new flat keys collection, the Malaysian husband is also not absolutely required to be listed as an occupier, as the flat’s owners are Mrs Tay and her son.

There was also some confusion as Mrs Tay’s daughter wrote that in a letter from the HDB on the SERS replacement flat, it was advised that owners of private property were not eligible for a HDB loan. So, one may have been confused into thinking that it was alright to own a private property to get a SERS flat, but not a HDB loan only.

In fact, owners of a HDB flat for more than five years have been allowed to own private property at the same time provided they stay in the HDB flat. So, since this was the rule at the time of the SERS in 2005, wouldn’t it be confusing as some may not realize that a new condition on private property ownership was imposed.

If you take a person’s flat away and give him/her a new replacement, is it fair to impose this new condition, which would not be there had he/she continued to own the flat, if not for being “forced” to En-Bloc?

Her husband has given up his ownership of the Malaysian property to appeal to the HDB, but has been rejected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1eU9lU1aHQ&feature=player_embedded

howgozit
14-09-11, 11:50
From my understanding it doesn't matter when it was bought. The current policy is that you must lose your private ppty to receive your new SERs flat. There will be enough reaction time to dispose of your private ppty when you are given notice of enbloc. Good thing is that as it stands there is no 30 months waiting period after sale of private ppty to collect your new SERs flat.

That is the problem when dealing with HDB. Rules may change with the flavour of the moment. Be careful and don't be caught out.

Thanks for digging up this article. The problem with this case is they bought a property in malaysia after the sers announcement. What happens if the pte pty was bought long before this sers thing came about?

Regulators
14-09-11, 12:04
I think they treat buying of the SERS flat as a brand new transaction even though it is supposed to compensate the en bloc owner. If they do that, it is very dirty indeed. If they take away your HDB flat becoz of en bloc, it is only right that they give you another flat back without having the need to sell all your other properties. Alternatively, they should allow the en bloc owner to buy another resale hdb flat without asking him to sell all his pte pty.

From my understanding it doesn't matter when it was bought. The current policy is that you must lose your private ppty to receive your new SERs flat. There will be enough reaction time to dispose of your private ppty when you are given notice of enbloc. Good thing is that as it stands there is no 30 months waiting period after sale of private ppty to collect your new SERs flat.

That is the problem when dealing with HDB. Rules may change with the flavour of the moment. Be careful and don't be caught out.

devilplate
14-09-11, 12:30
sell now at high, buy next year at low :D :D :D

u suddenly turned bearish:hell-hath-no-fury: :D

devilplate
14-09-11, 12:38
I think they treat buying of the SERS flat as a brand new transaction even though it is supposed to compensate the en bloc owner. If they do that, it is very dirty indeed. If they take away your HDB flat becoz of en bloc, it is only right that they give you another flat back without having the need to sell all your other properties. Alternatively, they should allow the en bloc owner to buy another resale hdb flat without asking him to sell all his pte pty.

for ur case, u hope ur hdb dun kena sers lor...hehe

u can sell ur sers entitlement away.....prolly market value+100k cov

u cannot tok to hdb about fairness....afterall u all jolly well noe tat u r just a LESSEE:p

ysyap
14-09-11, 13:04
Everything also dictated by hdb. They can make you lose your hdb just with these rules. First they say you can own it then they say you cannot own it. If we complain now that we reserve the right to hdb ownership during en bloc, they can just introduce a new measure that says no private property owners are allowed to own hdb, then we also bo pian! :doh:They boss wat! Sigh!

howgozit
14-09-11, 13:13
for ur case, u hope ur hdb dun kena sers lor...hehe

u cannot tok to hdb about fairness....afterall u all jolly well noe tat u r just a LESSEE:p

Ya lah.... that's the best way. Still make, maybe make less.

That will end your love affair with HDB.

Regulators
14-09-11, 13:46
govt dictate this and that until living in singapore become very stifling. you are right, they can just come out with a regulation saying no pte owner can apply for sers flat and we still LL....haiz

Everything also dictated by hdb. They can make you lose your hdb just with these rules. First they say you can own it then they say you cannot own it. If we complain now that we reserve the right to hdb ownership during en bloc, they can just introduce a new measure that says no private property owners are allowed to own hdb, then we also bo pian! :doh:They boss wat! Sigh!

maisonjai
14-09-11, 13:53
u very zun, +100k.

Regulators
14-09-11, 13:56
if sell my beloved hdb flat, my rental income from hdb gone liao :banghead: :banghead:

Ya lah.... that's the best way. Still make, maybe make less.

That will end your love affair with HDB.

East Lover
14-09-11, 14:17
u suddenly turned bearish:hell-hath-no-fury: :D
because i want to buy low! hahaha:D :D
don't you???:p

devilplate
14-09-11, 14:46
because i want to buy low! hahaha:D :D
don't you???:p
Tot u bot waterview rite? U sold smthing recently?:D

East Lover
14-09-11, 14:53
Tot u bot waterview rite? U sold smthing recently?:D
waterview for own stay mah... just kapo for radha recent sales, wonder if he will buy first to save rental, or wait for cheap durian drop.... :D

taggy
14-09-11, 15:06
waterview for own stay mah... just kapo for radha recent sales, wonder if he will buy first to save rental, or wait for cheap durian drop.... :D

actually there is yet another option, depending on household income, rent for 30mths, then apply EC :D
disclaimer: i didnt say this is the best option, i just say this is another option :D