PDA

View Full Version : Sengkang New Launches Coming up soon By Keppel Land. Next to MRT

Pages : 1 [2]

phantom_opera
07-10-11, 15:04
THE LUXURIE COMPASSVALE ROAD Condominium 1 599,400 452 Strata 1,326psf Sep-11

Well done Sengkang

How about compare to FEO:

THE TENNERY WOODLANDS ROAD Apartment 1 851,400 614 Strata 1,388psf May-11

victorchoo
07-10-11, 17:19
THE LUXURIE COMPASSVALE ROAD Condominium 1 599,400 452 Strata 1,326psf Sep-11

Well done Sengkang

How about compare to FEO:

THE TENNERY WOODLANDS ROAD Apartment 1 851,400 614 Strata 1,388psf May-11

Tennery is Soho. high ceiling and comes with free loft platform.

bluedurian
30-10-11, 21:29
Does anyone know how many units have been sold thus far for this project?

bigapplefan
23-12-11, 14:25
finally found some time to drop in to their showroom. they use marble flooring to woo their buyers. fairly efficient use of space like what someone here pointed out. if it wasn't for ATT, i think they would have sold quite a number more units. ironically, the best thing of luxurie is that ATT sells out asap. then people will have to slowly trickle across to bridge to sengkang and consider their options there.

the wild card is if the other site near punggol mrt gets a low bid. that'll be real ass luck for Keppel then.
sorry newbie here, whats ATT?

bargain hunter
23-12-11, 15:25
ATT = A Treasure Trove, that sim lian project in punggol.

sorry newbie here, whats ATT?

ysyap
23-12-11, 21:35
Noticed that Luxurie got a big hit since the CM... pretty quiet after that. ATT doing better?

Hmmm... many projects springing up near Austville and Boathouse... SK is getting too crowded le.

azeoprop
23-12-11, 22:55
It was badly hit by ATT spoil market pricing and later hit again by CM5 haa haa....:D

ysyap
24-12-11, 06:13
It was badly hit by ATT spoil market pricing and later hit again by CM5 haa haa....:DI suspect Parc V also spoilt market and guess what, its by SL also... hahaha! Now the latest plot of land bought high will be SL's curse... :cheers6:

hyenergix
24-12-11, 06:26
Sim Lian's cost of design and construction are actually quite low so it can afford to price low. It's designs are so similar that I thought I was looking at HDB showflats at ATT and Parc Vera.

bluedurian
24-12-11, 09:31
I suspect Parc V also spoilt market and guess what, its by SL also... hahaha! Now the latest plot of land bought high will be SL's curse... :cheers6:

was informed by an agent that units are moving verrrry slowly now that most 3 bedders under 1m have practically been sold out.

ysyap
24-12-11, 13:59
was informed by an agent that units are moving verrrry slowly now that most 3 bedders under 1m have practically been sold out.Don't think its coz of the lack of 3 bedders under $1m but more so the prospect of falling prices so everybody is unwilling to buy now and regret later... :)

bluedurian
24-12-11, 21:59
Don't think its coz of the lack of 3 bedders under $1m but more so the prospect of falling prices so everybody is unwilling to buy now and regret later... :)

very true!

Tripp
10-02-12, 07:06
For those vested, you may be keen to know that Tiong Seng has secured S$151 milllion contract for The Luxurie.

http://tiongseng.listedcompany.com/newsroom/TSH-PressRelease-SengkangSquare.pdf

Sales have been lacklustre. Only 3 sales recorded in Dec 11.

Total only less than 40% sold when compared to WT (85% sold and counting).

ysyap
10-02-12, 09:02
So why Luxurie only record 40% sold in 3 months while WT hit 85% in 1 month? What's the difference? That traffic junction to reach shopping mall and MRT? Brand, FEO vs KL? Hmmm.... Mystery indeed!

price
10-02-12, 09:31
So why Luxurie only record 40% sold in 3 months while WT hit 85% in 1 month? What's the difference? That traffic junction to reach shopping mall and MRT? Brand, FEO vs KL? Hmmm.... Mystery indeed!

2 Totally different projects.. Luxurie only has a compass point. VS Waterwaypoint which has a cineplex etc and many ongoing developments in punggol itself.

ysyap
10-02-12, 14:49
2 Totally different projects.. Luxurie only has a compass point. VS Waterwaypoint which has a cineplex etc and many ongoing developments in punggol itself.Hmmm... ok but Punggol is further up the train track... whatever! :)

graveyard
10-02-12, 17:13

prob the advertisement impact (luxurie no ad rite - not seen one) and many ongoing developments there as pointed out by others. Also it hits the nerve of ppl who want sort of exclusive riverside living where yachts are parked and similar to sentosa, of course at much cheaper price

graveyard
10-02-12, 17:27
prob the advertisement impact (luxurie no ad rite - not seen one) and many ongoing developments there as pointed out by others. Also it hits the nerve of ppl who want sort of exclusive riverside living where yachts are parked and similar to sentosa, of course at much cheaper price

i thik FEO really spend on advertisements and they look and feel good. i must admit, i am still impressed with its eu habitat ad thg it has been quite a while .. but less with hillier (HATE the theme song). So pt is advertising can have strong effect on consurmer behavour and buying decision ..

toufu
10-02-12, 19:00
Hmmm... ok but Punggol is further up the train track... whatever! :)

most can see what you can't see i guess :beats-me-man:

kane
10-02-12, 19:31
i prefer the layout of luxurie over all the recent launches in punggol and sengkang. but i'm not vested in it.

bargain hunter
20-02-12, 08:51
ST

Feb 19, 2012

The sky's the limit for this investor

Boss of interior design firm plans to continue overseas expansion and build up his property portfolio

By Joyce Teo

Mr Sky Tan Keang Leng, 35, invested $100,000 to start his own interior design business Sky Creation here in 2008.

Today, it has an office in Shanghai and is moving its office in Johor Baru to Kuala Lumpur soon. There are plans to enter other regional markets such as Thailand and Hong Kong.

'If my business doesn't grow, I won't attract

talent,' Mr Tan says. 'I want to see how far I can go.'

But his expansion is carefully planned, he says.

'I have to think of rainy days. Everyone will go through life with ups and downs, so we have to be prepared for it.'

Now that his business is on track for growth, Mr Tan can look at building up his property portfolio. He is also studying for a professional postgraduate diploma in marketing. His wife Angel Ong, 33, helps out with his company's accounts. The couple have two children, aged one and four.

Q: Are you a spender or a saver?

I save more than half of my monthly pay. I spend mostly on food, comic books and foot reflexology.

I collect comics. I have at least 1,000 of them in my collection. In recent months, I have been spending a few hundred dollars a month to build up my collection.

Q: How much do you charge to your credit cards every month?

I charge about $2,000 plus every month. These are for my personal expenses and I pay up every month.

Q: What financial planning have you done for yourself?

I have insurance coverage of around $1 million and I invest in properties and my business. I try to make more money while I can so that I can give my family more security. I don't want them to have to suffer.

Q: Moneywise, what were your growing-up years like?

I grew up with my parents and an elder brother. My dad was a warehouse supervisor and my mum was a housewife. We were poor so I understood the importance of money and planning for the future.

I have not taken a single cent from my family ever since my dad was retrenched from his job during my national service days. That and his subsequent death taught me that I need to work hard and have good financial planning for my loved ones in case of unforeseen circumstances. My family is what keeps me going.

Q: How did you get interested in investing?

My childhood friend Keegan Chan, who is a financial consultant, got me interested in investing. My first investment was an investment and savings plan that I bought from him 10 years back.

Q: What property do you own?

I have a fully paid-up five-room flat in Hougang, which I bought for $330,000 in 1999.

I also own a 1,367 sq ft four-room condominium unit in The Luxurie in Sengkang. I bought it for $1.44 million last year. It will be ready in a few years' time.

Last month, I bought a 527 sq ft suite in the newly launched Watertown in Punggol for $660,000, or just more than $1,200 per sq ft. I will rent it out when it is built. I believe it is a good buy because it is integrated with Punggol MRT station and is near many shops.

I will continue to grow my property portfolio yearly but I want to buy only something within my means. I am therefore thinking of buying a property in Johor Baru next.

Q: What's the most extravagant thing you have bought?

My car, an Audi A7. I bought it for around $280,000 last year. I have no regrets as it was all along my dream car. Previously, I drove an Audi A6.

Q: What's your retirement plan?

I am a workaholic. I enjoy my work and never think of retiring. I want to be financially independent before the age of 40.

I will reach my goal with my property investments and my business. Although I have no intention of retiring, it is my wish to travel around the world with my wife when we are older.

Q: Home is now....

My five-room HDB flat in Hougang.

Q: I drive....

A white Audi A7.

---------------------------------------------

WORST AND BEST BETS

Q: What's your worst investment to date?

I invested around $30,000 to open a bag shop in Queensway Shopping Centre in 2008 with a partner. I had previously done retail sales.

But we closed the shop after several months when we went into the red and I made a loss of $2,000.

Q: What is your best investment to date?

I bought a three-bedroom condo unit in Thomson area for nearly $900,000 at the end of 2008 and sold it for about $1.3 million a year later.

Rosy
20-02-12, 08:59
He is also a 'flipper'

Tripp
07-03-12, 13:19
http://www.kimengresearch.com.sg/Download.aspx?rPID=10&rN=KepLand_CU_070312.pdf

Potential to double down in Sengkang

Unmoved by the strong takeup rates at a number of mass market projects, KepLand has withheld the launch of the remaining units at The Luxurie in Sengkang, which has a total of 622 units. The group has already sold 254 of the 300 units released at an ASP of around $1,000 psf (Breakeven is estimated at $845psf).

We reckon that management could be waiting for the adjoining site to be made available on the Confirmed List in April and make a bid for it. The long-term potential of the area is undeniable, given its proximity to Compass Point Mall and the Sengkang MRT station. If successful in its bid, KepLand will be able to dictate the near-term supply and pricing in the vicinity. If not, then the winning bid is likely to be at a higher land cost, resulting in a project with a higher breakeven than The Luxurie’s. Price-wise, therefore, this should make The Luxurie more attractive. Using The Luxurie’s land cost of $501.8 psf ppr, the adjacent 2.25ha site could cost around $365m, still affordable for KepLand in our view.

While we maintain that the downside risks to mass market prices remain igh, particularly if the negative economic sentiment continues to weigh on investor confidence, we think that the downside risks for KepLand in Sengkang may well be mitigated for the abovementioned reasons. Moreover, mass market projects account for only 26% of the group’s Singapore landbank by attributable GFA, mainly from the unsold units at The Luxurie. Based on our estimates, every $100 psf decline in the ASP of the unsold units at The Luxurie will cause KepLand’s RNAV per share to contract by just 2 cents.

Upcoming GLS site adjoining The Luxurie

Site Area: 2.25 ha
Proposed GPR: 3.0
Estimated no. of Residential Units: 710

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/2011/pr11-161a10.pdf

ysyap
07-03-12, 14:13
So those who got the earlier 254 units probably got it at a much lower psf lor if Kepland is successful in the other land bidding! :rolleyes:

minority
07-03-12, 18:03
The wonder of great marketing......

The ability to sell folk things to folks that don't need it at a high perceive value.

bargain hunter
15-03-12, 13:36
21 sold at 1031psf median in feb.

phantom_opera
09-04-12, 10:56
is Luxurie having discount now??

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/9178560/for-sale-the-luxurie

kane
09-04-12, 11:01
Under $900psf?? Can consider wor.

ysyap
10-04-12, 17:28
This is a 2 bedder... does it mean that the 4 bedders are going for $850 psf? Can push for $1.1mil? ;) If can, I'll likely whack liao! :cheers6:

Kenshinto80
10-04-12, 22:47
This is a 2 bedder... does it mean that the 4 bedders are going for $850 psf? Can push for $1.1mil? ;) If can, I'll likely whack liao! :cheers6:
I believe even at 850psf it will be closer to 1.2mil. 1.16mil to be exact. But still cheaper than Riversound. So should go grab.

bargain hunter
16-04-12, 14:51
finally moving some with 48 sold at 1048psf median in mar.

price
16-04-12, 17:02
finally moving some with 48 sold at 1048psf median in mar.
finally! their weekly ST ads is working well :D:cheers5:

ysyap
16-04-12, 17:34
finally moving some with 48 sold at 1048psf median in mar.If they bring down asking to $850psf, it'll be sold out in no time! :cheers5:

azeoprop
16-04-12, 18:21
Waiting for their Great Singapore Sales 2012. :D

phantom_opera
16-04-12, 19:04
You can dream on ... after Sky Habitat record breaking psf, many ppl sitting on the sidelines will think 1000psf very cheap and cheong :cheers5:

I predict numbers in April will be lagi impressive ... because agents will take the opportunity to tell the Sky Habitat visitors who can't afford ... "eh ... I know some where much cheaper and better value ... sh sh sh"

ysyap
16-04-12, 20:09
You can dream on ... after Sky Habitat record breaking psf, many ppl sitting on the sidelines will think 1000psf very cheap and cheong :cheers5:

I predict numbers in April will be lagi impressive ... because agents will take the opportunity to tell the Sky Habitat visitors who can't afford ... "eh ... I know some where much cheaper and better value ... sh sh sh"At that sort of price for SH, no need to bring them to Seng Kang. Just go over to D13 or Bartley Residences... so many options there liao... :cheers5:

bluedurian
16-04-12, 23:06
spoke to an agent who told me that they have sold almost 400 units, which is quite impressive given how quiet the showflat was in the months of december and january this year. apparently bartley residences drove flocks of people to the showflat.

in any case, i do think it's a very good project (and very reasonably priced) given the recent spike in condo sales.

beepbeep
24-07-12, 07:51
The Luxurie thread seems quiet...any updates on the units sold?

maisonjai
22-09-12, 19:35
Saw caveats, units moving in silent mode.