PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many landed for sale?

hyenergix
20-07-11, 10:13
Isn't that suppose to be the dream house for Singaporeans? Something is not quite right... maybe it seems to be good from far, but far from good...

proud owner
20-07-11, 10:31
Isn't that suppose to be the dream house for Singaporeans? Something is not quite right... maybe it seems to be good from far, but far from good...

really ?

which D ?

bargain hunter
20-07-11, 10:43
u can see that many are asking for ridiculous prices. test mkt only. if really pple offer then they sell lor.

mantrix
20-07-11, 10:44
they are also asking for future prices

proud owner
20-07-11, 11:03
they are also asking for future prices

a friend of mine with a budget of 25 mio
cant find a decent GCB ..

he is not keen in bungalows or semis

there are many GCBs on sale ..and yes all asking very high price ... or future price ..

hes looking for just a 15000 sqft land ...saw a few ... ntg nice

bargain hunter
20-07-11, 11:06
it seems that a lot of pple bot cluster houses during the hype of 2007. many are now complete and asking for high rental/selling prices.

Fisherman
20-07-11, 11:18
LAND IS A SCARCE COMMODITY IN SINGAPORE!:doh:

Eldenfirefly
20-07-11, 11:22
Think many are trying their luck lah. If got some guy want to come in and pay super high prices then they sell lor. :) Maybe some of these people, kids all grow up already, move out and don't want to live with their parents. The big bunglow very empty and hard to maintain also.

They sell at high high price, move to a smaller place, and got a big sum of money furthermore. why not? :)

samsara
20-07-11, 11:36
For every property type and project, there are always folks who are open to selling what they own if the offered price is right.

"Everything has a price."
— James E. Faust

Requirements do change as well over time. A large house may be great for hosting parties for friends and relatives and it is hard to manage and definitely impractical living for an elderly couple.

There is a time and place for everything.

mantrix
20-07-11, 11:39
a friend of mine with a budget of 25 mio
cant find a decent GCB ..

he is not keen in bungalows or semis

there are many GCBs on sale ..and yes all asking very high price ... or future price ..

hes looking for just a 15000 sqft land ...saw a few ... ntg nice

5 years ago he might be able to get 2 GCBs for the same budget.

Join them up to create a super GCB :D

Else ask him to get those on sentosa cove?

proud owner
20-07-11, 11:39
For every property type and project, there are always folks who are open to selling what they own if the offered price is right.

"Everything has a price."
— James E. Faust

Requirements do change as well over time. A large house may be great for hosting parties for friends and relatives and it is hard to manage and definitely impractical living for an elderly couple.

There is a time and place for everything.

hyenergix has even replied to my question
where he/she sees SO MANY LANDED FOR SALE

bargain hunter
20-07-11, 11:47
i think he means on propertyguru, the no. of landed adverts have gone up from 5000 to 6500.

hyenergix has even replied to my question
where he/she sees SO MANY LANDED FOR SALE

proud owner
20-07-11, 11:48
i think he means on propertyguru, the no. of landed adverts have gone up from 5000 to 6500.

as usual

a lot of repeats and same prop being marketed by more than 1 agent from the same property agency

bargain hunter
20-07-11, 12:00
but 1500 is 30% more listings. when scanning i get irritated by the tonnes of repeat adverts for cluster houses so i think u r right. :)

as usual

a lot of repeats and same prop being marketed by more than 1 agent from the same property agency

august
20-07-11, 12:22
LAND IS A SCARCE COMMODITY IN SINGAPORE!:doh:

gold and diamonds also scarce commodity ~ :)

teddybear
20-07-11, 15:39
Ai yoh, I already said many people don't want to live in landed loh. Nowsadays, where got the younger generation want to live in landed? Even the older generation like me also give up landed! More will be put up for sale by existing owners! However, there are really very few buyers willing to offer good price! So, many were stuck for very long and would be happy to release at current inflated price! Gov has already tightened landed sale to PRs, think different to sell landed at good price in future.

teddybear
20-07-11, 15:43
Below news about 1 of the biggest problem with landed! :doh:
Tai Keng Garden is 1 of the landed properties area plague with the dengue problems!
Previous outbreak was another landed properties area in Serangoon right?

Ai yoh, I already said many people don't want to live in landed loh. Nowsadays, where got the younger generation want to live in landed? Even the older generation like me also give up landed! More will be put up for sale by existing owners! However, there are really very few buyers willing to offer good price! So, many were stuck for very long and would be happy to release at current inflated price! Gov has already tightened landed sale to PRs, think different to sell landed at good price in future.

Dengue situation worsens in S'pore
By Ng Lian Cheong | Posted: 19 July 2011 2119 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif
Dengue virus is primarily transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes

SINGAPORE: The dengue situation in Singapore appears to be worsening, with the number of weekly cases exceeding epidemic levels for two consecutive weeks.

An epidemic level is reached when there are 191 cases a week. There were 209 cases in the 3-9 July week and 215 cases in the 10-16 July week.

Tai Keng Gardens near Upper Paya Lebar Road is still the largest dengue cluster.

There are now 65 cases of dengue in that area, 19 of which are new cases that occurred last week.

The Singapore Pest Management Association (SPMA), which has about 80 member companies, said it is on high alert.

Besides getting rid of pests for clients, the SPMA has asked members to intensify efforts in checking for mosquito-breeding sites and also keep fellow members in the loop.

Residents in Tai Keng Gardens are also taking their own precautions.

- CNA/cc

ysyap
20-07-11, 16:07
The dengue problem is but temporal. I went there to view and look for houses before and I think I like that road size... much better than some other areas I've visited. Prices there have shot up drastically too! :D

kingkong1984
20-07-11, 17:36
landed, the biggest bubble there, including GCBs. Some got badly burnt too.

yes, supply is limited but do you know that how many owners actually do not have the ability to pay off the loan in their entire life time?

These are the group of owners who will hold when price is low but in a hurry to sell when price is high or right.

We are now at all time high prices, that should explain the listings. Question is, who would bite?

sh
20-07-11, 18:12
aiyah... it's not "why are there so many landed for sale?", it's "why are there so many agents selling the same unit?":banghead:

Fisherman
20-07-11, 18:19
aiyah... it's not "why are there so many landed for sale?", it's "why are there so many agents selling the same unit?":banghead:

Its like a lucky draw for them once an agent strikes a deal! 1 pct on a $10.0 million house can fetch $100,000 commission. Seal a deal and you can relax for at least a year liao. Better than slogging in the office with your superior breathing down your throat!:)

Fisherman
20-07-11, 18:32
Nowadays, even FTs are in the property agency biz. You can see Ang Moh, Pinoy, Indonesians, Ah Tiong, Ah Neh, etc advertising to sell houses! Just go to see how lucrative this business is. But just wonder do we need FT in this segment of the business????????????????:confused:

sfwoo
20-07-11, 21:21

Stay in landed...must be on very good terms with PEST BUSTERS.

Mozzies, rats, termites love to stay landed properties.

For this reason, some move to high floors in condo, despite having lived in landed for some years.

hyenergix
20-07-11, 22:26
Below news about 1 of the biggest problem with landed! :doh:
Tai Keng Garden is 1 of the landed properties area plague with the dengue problems!
Previous outbreak was another landed properties area in Serangoon right?

Dengue situation worsens in S'pore
By Ng Lian Cheong | Posted: 19 July 2011 2119 hrs
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/dotline_240.gif
Dengue virus is primarily transmitted by Aedes mosquitoes

SINGAPORE: The dengue situation in Singapore appears to be worsening, with the number of weekly cases exceeding epidemic levels for two consecutive weeks.

An epidemic level is reached when there are 191 cases a week. There were 209 cases in the 3-9 July week and 215 cases in the 10-16 July week.

Tai Keng Gardens near Upper Paya Lebar Road is still the largest dengue cluster.

There are now 65 cases of dengue in that area, 19 of which are new cases that occurred last week.

The Singapore Pest Management Association (SPMA), which has about 80 member companies, said it is on high alert.

Besides getting rid of pests for clients, the SPMA has asked members to intensify efforts in checking for mosquito-breeding sites and also keep fellow members in the loop.

Residents in Tai Keng Gardens are also taking their own precautions.

- CNA/cc

You seem to dislike landed... But I look forward to owning a small landed property next time. Big one will kill me because of maintenance and I'm always scare of burglers.

SGP
21-07-11, 10:51
yes, supply is limited but do you know that how many owners actually do not have the ability to pay off the loan in their entire life time?

These are the group of owners who will hold when price is low but in a hurry to sell when price is high or right.

I believe it is still the aspiration of most Singaporeans to own a landed property. Are you sure that there are many owners who actually do not have the ability to pay off their loan? Singaporeans are getting richer and the friends I know certainly do not have this problem of paying their loan.

But I know of many sellers who are elderly and are selling to move into smaller apartments or HDB.

ysyap
21-07-11, 11:47
I believe it is still the aspiration of most Singaporeans to own a landed property. Are you sure that there are many owners who actually do not have the ability to pay off their loan? Singaporeans are getting richer and the friends I know certainly do not have this problem of paying their loan.

But I know of many sellers who are elderly and are selling to move into smaller apartments or HDB.Precisely because there are sellers like you mentioned that young aspiring couples can move into landed. Some of these older folks bought the landed at dirt cheap prices 20 years ago and now sitting on 10x to 20x appreciation! Take the cash and relax in their golden years, why not? I probably belong to that group who prefer condo to landed! :p

xebay11
21-07-11, 15:44
I will live in small condo but keep the landed due to scarcity.

DC33_2008
21-07-11, 16:28
I am the opposite. So use to staying in a landed for the convenient and space. Condo has better rental yield than landed too.
I will live in small condo but keep the landed due to scarcity.