PDA

View Full Version : Singapore is back in the Malaysia Cup

wesing
13-07-11, 14:40
How could the comeback be successful if we only have the tiny winy jalan besar stadium that could sit 6000 fans.:doh: Someomore is artificial pitch:doh: Dun think it will generate the interest and immense following as before:beats-me-man:

ysyap
13-07-11, 14:42
How could the comeback be successful if we only have the tiny winy jalan besar stadium that could sit 6000 fans.:doh: Someomore is artificial pitch:doh: Dun think it will generate the interest and immense following as before:beats-me-man:When will national stadium be completed? Another 4 years? maybe then will have bigger following... :D

wesing
13-07-11, 14:50
When will national stadium be completed? Another 4 years? maybe then will have bigger following... :D

By then, all the fan sian oredi lah.

I still could remember the match between Singapore and Pahang in 1994 (think it is the quarter-finals) where Singapore got back from 2-0 down to beat them at 3-2 at the National Stadium. Near the end of the match, Sundram dribble by the bye-line in the penalty box and pass the ball to Fandi in the center to score the winner. The whole stadium gone hysterical as a result. That game was telecast live but nothing come near to be in the stadium.

As we clear off from the stadium, the fans were still singing/cheering all the way from PA until where Kallang MRT is. Great memories to cherish:cheers1:

wesing
13-07-11, 15:00
This great match and goals can be viewed in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsjcV5enHqU

Enjoy and walk down memory lane:cheers1:

ysyap
13-07-11, 15:01
This great match and goals can be viewed in youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsjcV5enHqU

Enjoy and walk down memory lane:cheers1:Thank you for sharing.... ooleh ooleh ooleh!!!

iwantgizmos
13-07-11, 15:05
Property value surrounding Jalan Besar Stadium got increase or not?... Lol..

Can view the matches from the window at the comfort of your own home... :)

Regulators
13-07-11, 15:19
I can't be bothered watching our league, all the teams cannot make it. Our league is plagued with high tendencies for match fixes just for peanut money. This can only happen with too many ahmads in the team

land118
13-07-11, 16:04
Property value surrounding Jalan Besar Stadium got increase or not?... Lol..

Can view the matches from the window at the comfort of your own home... :) Non soccer fans, will complaint traffic jam, noise pollution....food courts all busy and crowded...

ysyap
13-07-11, 16:09
Non soccer fans, will complaint traffic jam, noise pollution....food courts all busy and crowded...Soccer fans will be too busy with the match to be bothered by other things... :D

land118
13-07-11, 16:49
Soccer fans will be too busy with the match to be bothered by other things... :D ya...wonder if that popular Walter guy - tour organiser who used to organise Malaysis cup matches for Singaporeans going up for away matches is still in the biz..., Singapore pullout from Msia, his livelihood also gone...

OLE OLE ....., but need new Stadium to get the roar going again...

Flag, Lion Mascot, "Referee Kayu" chant, S'pore flag tatoos, horn...., and not forgetting the Kallang wave...

howgozit
14-07-11, 17:57
Non soccer fans, will complaint traffic jam, noise pollution....food courts all busy and crowded...

I think even soccer fans wouldn't like these probems around their home too.

land118
14-07-11, 21:03
I think even soccer fans wouldn't like these probems around their home too.
Not all soccer fans are fans of the Singapore team, but many are fans of BPL. After winning the Msia Cup In 1994, many who have been to National Stadium normally end up heartbroken. During those 2 hours of a match, hopes are raised, passion charged up, blood pressure also up, worst if Singapore lose without a fight, blood also boil...,very unhealthy. People with high blood and heart condition should stay away...as watching the home team lose w/o a fight may just be the ticket to the grave.

howgozit
14-07-11, 21:23
Not all soccer fans are fans of the Singapore team, but many are fans of BPL. After winning the Msia Cup In 1994, many who have been to National Stadium normally end up heartbroken. During those 2 hours of a match, hopes are raised, passion charged up, blood pressure also up, worst if Singapore lose without a fight, blood also boil...,very unhealthy. People with high blood and heart condition should stay away...as watching the home team lose w/o a fight may just be the ticket to the grave.

I can empathise with those emotions. This is a step in the positive direction for Singapore football.

land118
15-07-11, 09:53
I can empathise with those emotions. This is a step in the positive direction for Singapore football. The upcoming Singapore vs Msia clash in the 2nd round World Cup qualifier (23rd July, 1st leg in Jln Besar Stadium) is drumming up much interest. Read today's paper, no team want to be favourite. Msia with their SEA crown and recent Suzuki crown, their coach say Singapore is favourite but our Raddy also say we are underdogs.

Checking the latest FIFA ranking, Msia is ranked 144 while S'pore is ranked 142 ( http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=mas/ranking/gender=m/index.html)

Both coaches scared to lose by tagging their team as underdogs?