PDA

View Full Version : City Square Residences (D8, Freehold, by CDL)

Pages : 1 [2]

Regulators
10-07-10, 00:09
if mustafa shift out of the place and the parapoondek town get shifted to someplace else, then the price of citysquare will shoot up 50% instantly.

this project seems not bad afterall. i visited city sq mall and get to see city sq condo entrance and pool....quite nice. notice quite a fair bit of expats staying there. Ultra Convenience! as long u dun walk around the area...it can be a vy gd place to stay. self contained....walk to Mall just next door and link to MRT as well...:D

CitySq Mall pretty impressive as well

august
10-07-10, 00:22
if mustafa shift out of the place and the parapoondek town get shifted to someplace else, then the price of citysquare will shoot up 50% instantly.
luckily or unluckily parapoondek town is under "heritage" zone, so is there for perpetuity ~ :o

cashrich
20-07-10, 07:36

Not in your lifetime. If they move, where can they go? no more little india?

They are very strong and very inclined to stay there for a long long time. Their success was built on their business model of being cheaper and having strong support from the parapoondeks from Singlapore and Banglapore and Indla. Sometimes, prapoondeks from other parts of the world patronise them too.

mr funny
30-01-11, 23:00
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,423784-1296244740,00.html?

Published January 28, 2011

Old entrance gets new life - at City Square

By LINETTE LIM

A PIECE of Singapore's history - the New World Gate - has been reconstructed and unveiled at City Square Mall. Mall owner City Developments Limited (CDL) said that the reconstruction took 12 weeks and cost more than $200,000.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-01-28/BT_IMAGES_LLNEW28.jpg
Arch from the past: The New World Gate has been reconstructed and unveiled at City Square Mall, which sits on a part of the former New World Amusement Park

The mall sits on a part of the former New World Amusement Park, which was bounded by Serangoon Road, Kitchener Road and Whampoa River.

CDL group general manager Chia Ngiang Hong said: 'The gate was brought down from the old location (in Jalan Besar), sent to a factory for touching up, re-painting and casting of badly corroded parts.'

The reconstructed New World Gate is now located at the main entrance to City Square Mall on Kitchener Road.

Mr Chia had particularly fond memories of the New World gate. 'During occasions like Chinese New Year and the mid-autumn festival, it was a real challenge for the crowds to squeeze through the gate!'

Set up in 1923 by brothers Ong Boon Tat and Ong Peng Hock, the New World Amusement Park was one of the three 'worlds' - the other two being Great World Amusement Park and Gay World - that drew Singapore crowds from the 1920s to the 1960s.

It closed its doors in 1987, driven out by the competition that came in the form of television, shopping malls and night clubs.

Mr Chia feels that malls have replaced the three 'worlds' as community hubs. However, architect Tan Kar Lin said: 'While they are both popular places of consumption and leisure, the mall today and the 'worlds' of yesteryears are very much products of their times, fulfilling the needs and markets of different societies.'

showa8
09-02-11, 01:16
anyone know whether from stack 26 or 32 (both 861 sqft 2 bedder) highfloor can see flyer or mbs? I suspect kena blocked by stack 17??? I know stack 17 (872 sqft) 2 bedder high floor definitely can....

Rysk
21-07-11, 16:38
Just some of the recent transaction record breaking in terms of psf..

570sf $975k $1,709psf July-11
807sf $1390k $1,656psf Jun-11

nav14
22-07-11, 13:38
Just some of the recent transaction record breaking in terms of psf..

570sf $975k $1,709psf July-11
807sf $1390k $1,656psf Jun-11

There was another studio done for 1750psf 2 months back but not reflected in URA data - most probably paid fully in cash.

Rysk
22-07-11, 16:39
There was another studio done for 1750psf 2 months back but not reflected in URA data - most probably paid fully in cash.

if that's the case.. then 1750psf is the record psf lor ;)

SpinCity
22-07-11, 17:16
if that's the case.. then 1750psf is the record psf lor ;)

unbelievable!!!:eek:

Rysk
03-09-11, 13:34
unbelievable!!!:eek:

Once again another record breaking price for "big unit" in Aug 2011:

latest one was a 1518sf unit at $1500psf $2,277,000 in lodged in Aug-11..
The previous record 1507sf unit at $1394psf $2,100,000 in Mar-11 transaction.

smallant
04-09-12, 20:49
Happen to be eating around this area at night... Must said quite surprise with the changes around ... Think the mall adds life to the area.. Modern mix with the old .. Interesting mix.. :-)

sh
04-09-12, 21:09
It's not as 'dark' as you might think right?:D

ekl2ekl2
04-09-12, 23:35
Have been to the mall numerous times, lots of families and edu/tuition centers. Nice place, better walking spaces than Nex mall.

Think the condo has not set any new high this year. 900 units, quite a lot, anyone know if it is crowded inside?

insigina
04-09-12, 23:42
Have been to the mall numerous times, lots of families and edu/tuition centers. Nice place, better walking spaces than Nex mall.

Think the condo has not set any new high this year. 900 units, quite a lot, anyone know if it is crowded inside?

I visited the condo a couple of times. Alot of foreigners and students. Very cosmopolitant. However, the security there quite lax. You can walk in/out as you please via the side gate by following the person in front of you. Overall good location. Imagine when it was launched, it was only going for 500+ psf:banghead:

ekl2ekl2
04-09-12, 23:50
I visited the condo a couple of times. Alot of foreigners and students. Very cosmopolitant. However, the security there quite lax. You can walk in/out as you please via the side gate by following the person in front of you. Overall good location. Imagine when it was launched, it was only going for 500+ psf:banghead:

500plus was quite sometime back in 2004/05. Think when it crossed 1000psf, some thought it was crazy. But it went up, up and away. Despite all the concerns, seem unfounded based on current prices. But if have young kids, may be not so advisable to wonder beyond certain lanes at night.

ekl2ekl2
20-09-12, 23:26
One by one the condos are joining in to set new records

CSR sets a new record price. 1727pfs.

Its for a big MM

2012-09-07 /570/1727

kane
20-09-12, 23:32
500plus was quite sometime back in 2004/05. Think when it crossed 1000psf, some thought it was crazy. But it went up, up and away. Despite all the concerns, seem unfounded based on current prices. But if have young kids, may be not so advisable to wonder beyond certain lanes at night.

there're a few pubs at the shophouses facing CSR if I remember correctly.

ekl2ekl2
03-12-12, 15:47
Just seen this comment in propertyguru

First time read about overcrowding. Anyone heard of similar problems can validate if this is true?

For condos with 1000 units or more, it will be interesting to hear opinions on how much facilities and site area are considered comfortable enough? Think probably need 2 pools for 1000 units.
Bad experience in my 1 yr stay here!

Posted by Chai on Nov 28, 2012
I faced the same issue (lousy management/ lousy security guards) too.
Both the management and security guards are very unfriendly perhaps due to they need to deal with more than 900 units in the same condominium.
My experience staying in this condominium have been more than unpleasant, home should be an oasis of peace instead whenever I wanted to visit the pool or facilities I find myself fighting with many people. It is like visiting Orchard Road on a weekend. Very stressful for me.
I have stayed here for a year and regretted buying. Should have listened to my agent to check out alternative condominiums nearby such as Kerrisdale etc.
Anyway it is simply too late for me.
I recommend this building for: City Living, Outdoors & Activities and Families with Children.
Reviewer's Overall Rating

(3.2)Interior / Units

(4)Exterior / Common Areas

(3)Condo Facilities

(2)Transport Links

(5)Nearby Amenities

(4)Property Management

(1)

[/URL]
100%
[URL="http://forums.condosingapore.com/"] (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
0%
http://cdn-sg1.pgimgs.com/images/pg/report_abu.gif (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/city-square-residences-88#)

jeaprp
03-12-12, 16:18
Just seen this comment in propertyguru

First time read about overcrowding. Anyone heard of similar problems can validate if this is true?

For condos with 1000 units or more, it will be interesting to hear opinions on how much facilities and site area are considered comfortable enough? Think probably need 2 pools for 1000 units.
Bad experience in my 1 yr stay here!

Posted by Chai on Nov 28, 2012
I faced the same issue (lousy management/ lousy security guards) too.
Both the management and security guards are very unfriendly perhaps due to they need to deal with more than 900 units in the same condominium.
My experience staying in this condominium have been more than unpleasant, home should be an oasis of peace instead whenever I wanted to visit the pool or facilities I find myself fighting with many people. It is like visiting Orchard Road on a weekend. Very stressful for me.
I have stayed here for a year and regretted buying. Should have listened to my agent to check out alternative condominiums nearby such as Kerrisdale etc.
Anyway it is simply too late for me.
I recommend this building for: City Living, Outdoors & Activities and Families with Children.
Reviewer's Overall Rating (3.2)Interior / Units (4)Exterior / Common Areas (3)Condo Facilities (2)Transport Links (5)Nearby Amenities (4)Property Management (1)

100%

0%
http://cdn-sg1.pgimgs.com/images/pg/report_abu.gif (http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/city-square-residences-88#)
Don't believe everything u hear.
probably is a buyer looking to buy.
Owner unlikely to slap own face and say his house is lousy, right.

price
16-12-12, 11:36
http://www.gv.com.sg/cinemas_couplescinema.jsp

anyone tried this yet? Laguna?:rolleyes:

mcmlxxvi
16-12-12, 11:51
http://www.gv.com.sg/cinemas_couplescinema.jsp

anyone tried this yet? Laguna?:rolleyes:

limited screenings I believe. sometimes even have bollywood flick!!!??!

phantom_opera
26-12-12, 15:57
new high

2012-11-02 #XX-XX 570sqft 1,805psf 2007-11-21 999 459,420 1,808 12.7

mcmlxxvi
26-12-12, 18:00
mmmadnesssss

luzman
21-01-13, 21:44
mmmadnesssss
Agree..Just had a conversation with my friend who own a unit at CSR. Curse and swear cos he rented a 3 br unit and to his shock, it was secretly partitioned into numerous rooms by the master tenants and rented out to all sorts of tenants....

so, can you imagine who are residence there.....:doh:

kane
21-01-13, 22:59
Agree..Just had a conversation with my friend who own a unit at CSR. Curse and swear cos he rented a 3 br unit and to his shock, it was secretly partitioned into numerous rooms by the master tenants and rented out to all sorts of tenants....

so, can you imagine who are residence there.....:doh:

how did he find out? no wonder the rental there so good. lol.

luzman
22-01-13, 14:30
how did he find out? no wonder the rental there so good. lol.
He did a spot check on the units...Obviously, he is not the only case in this development...just talk to the security guards and you will know what type of residence are staying there...

I think it was also mentioned in the condo AGM about this problem...

This place is beginning to look like some condo in GL....

ekl2ekl2
22-01-13, 17:18
He did a spot check on the units...Obviously, he is not the only case in this development...just talk to the security guards and you will know what type of residence are staying there...

Think this is not allowed in TA agreement right? So what actions can the landlord take? How did so many tenants manage to get the security passes?

You see single room rental adverts in pptyguru, wonder how many of these are multiple single room rentals.

kane
22-01-13, 21:13

That's just gross. Wonder if that will affect the value.

luzman
22-01-13, 22:26
Think this is not allowed in TA agreement right? So what actions can the landlord take? How did so many tenants manage to get the security passes?

You see single room rental adverts in pptyguru, wonder how many of these are multiple single room rentals.

Of course this is not allowed...the master tenant is a professional. They have many of such units in different units. They some how cloned the access card from what I heard from him.

phantom_opera
04-06-13, 14:36
huat ah !!!

2013-05-02 #XX-XX 1,518 1,634 2005-05-10 543 $1,656,138 2,914 14.8

Lovelle
04-06-13, 14:50
what is the psf ?

bakasa2002
04-06-13, 16:51
huat ah !!!

2013-05-02 #XX-XX 1,518 1,634 2005-05-10 543 $1,656,138 2,914 14.8

Wow!:scared-4::scared-4::scared-4:

kane
04-06-13, 22:56
New owner pay so much ah?

reporter2
26-12-17, 20:13
City Square Residences unit sold for $1.18 mil profit

By Timothy Tay / EdgeProp | December 19, 2017

The sale of a 1,216 sq ft, three-bedroom unit in City Square Residences was one of the most profitable deals in the week of Nov 28 to Dec 5. The previous owner pocketed a $1.18 million (180%) profit, or an annualised profit of 9% over a 12-year holding period. Located on the 22nd floor, the unit was bought from the developer in 2005 for $658,240 ($541 psf) and sold for $1.84 million ($1,513 psf) on Nov 30.

This is the third-highest recorded profit this year at the 910-unit development. The top 10 most profitable units at City Square Residences this year, which fetched profits ranging from $862,800 to $1.52 million, were bought between 2005 and 2007, based on the matching of URA caveats.

Interest in the development has picked up since the start of the year, and most buyers are either local or foreign investors, says a property agent from ERA Realty Network who has brokered the sale of several units at City Square Residences this year and has six units there listed for sale on EdgeProp.sg. According to her, the location and prices at the freehold City Square Residences are big draws for investors, and units are underpriced compared with leasehold properties in the area.

Designed by architecture firm Ong & Ong, City Square Residences is located 200m from the Farrer Park MRT station on the North-East Line, and comprises a mix of one- to four-bedroom units ranging from 570 sq ft to 1,518 sq ft, in six 28- and 30-storey blocks.

The highest recorded profit in the week of Nov 28 to Dec 5 was achieved in the sale of a 1,733 sq ft, three-bedroom unit in Richmond Park. The seller, who bought the fifth-floor unit through a sub-sale for $2.78 million ($1,604 psf) in 1996, realised a $1.92 million (69%) profit when it was sold for $4.7 million ($2,712 psf) on Dec 4.

This is the fourth unit that has changed hands at Richmond Park this year; other units include a similarly sized three-bedroom unit that fetched $4.15 million ($2,395 psf) and a pair of 1,259 sq ft, two-bedders that were sold for $2.85 million ($2,263 psf) each. The freehold, 159-unit Richmond Park was completed in 1996 and comprises a mix of two- and three-bedroom units as well as penthouses. It is located in District 9 on Bideford Road, behind The Paragon mall. The development is near Cairnhill Heights, which recently announced its latest collective sale attempt, with a price tag in excess of $80 million ($2,045 psf).

In District 15, a 2,325 sq ft, four-bedroom unit at Parkshore was sold for $3.15 million ($1,355 psf) on Dec 4. The seller realised a $1.83 million (139%) profit, or an annualised profit of 8% over 11 years. The seller had bought the eighth-floor unit in 2006 for $1.32 million ($568 psf). This is the most profitable transaction ever recorded at Parkshore, based on the matching of caveats.

The transaction volume at Parkshore has doubled this year compared with last year, when five units were sold. According to the matching of caveats, there has been only one unprofitable sale this year: A 1,324 sq ft, three-bedroom unit on the fifth floor was sold at a $110,000 loss. Meanwhile, profits ranged from $230,000 to $1.83 million for the seven profitable transactions. The freehold development on Tanjong Rhu Road comprises 152 units of two- to four-bedroom units between 990 sq ft and 2,325 sq ft.

This article appeared in EdgeProp Pullout, Issue 810 (Dec 18, 2017)