PDA

View Full Version : Tin Pei Ling shares views on DBSS saga

mr funny
24-06-11, 18:20
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_683450.html

Jun 24, 2011

Tin Pei Ling shares views on DBSS saga

MEMBER of Parliament for Marine Parade Tin Pei Ling shared her thoughts on Facebook on Friday morning about the recent news regarding the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project in Tampines.

The flats at the 708-unit Centrale 8 raised an uproar last week over the $880,000 price tag for its largest units, as the price was nearly that of executive condominiums.

Project developer Sim Lian later said quoted price ranges were only 'indicative', before releasing a 'confirmed price range' for the flats, which showed a $100,000 price drop to $778,000 for the top-end units. Ms Tin posted this note on her Facebook account at 9.50am on Friday, titled 'Short note on housing 3: HDB land - a matter of principle'.

She wrote (as is carried here): 'The recent high profile sale of DBSS flats at Centrale 8 stunned many Singaporeans, including myself. Questions were raised by many members of the public. Some asked why HDB flats built on HDB lands and eventually to be managed by the Town Councils (i.e. like normal HDB flats) should be priced by private developers. I understand and sympathise with these views.

'Allowing private developers who had successfully acquired HDB lands to independently price DBSS units may be in line with 'free market' principles, but it also means HDB losing control over precious lands that could be better utilized for BTO flats or community facilities.

'DBSS was meant to offer an additional housing option to Singaporeans - premium but less expensive than private condominiums. It is right to offer tiered options to address the different aspirations of Singaporeans. But the 'devil is in the details', and what might have been a useful housing option in 2005 may no longer be as suitable today.'

'Some have pointed out that Singaporeans can choose not to purchase over-priced DBSS flats. But I think the issue is one of principle - given the land scarcity in Singapore, HDB land should be reserved for building affordable public housing, and not apartments that HDB has little influence over. As part of MND's overall review of housing policies, perhaps it should either let HDB take back the right to price DBSS units, or include a clause to compel price negotiations between HDB and the private developers.'

Read the remainder of her Facebook page post here: http://www.facebook.com/notes/tin-pei-ling/short-note-on-housing-3-hdb-land-a-matter-of-principle/211641568877745

rattydrama
24-06-11, 19:06
DBSS should be scrapped.

hyenergix
24-06-11, 19:07
Does also sell land to e pte property developer? If yes, this is a strange policy too. The land shd b reserved for public housing since pte properties r not HDB's mandate.

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 20:34
I thought they are trying to balance the the different income group to stay next to each other. Just like what they did with the quota for different races in a block of flats. Private developer of DBSS will not be keen if the $psf is cap.
Does also sell land to e pte property developer? If yes, this is a strange policy too. The land shd b reserved for public housing since pte properties r not HDB's mandate.

joelx
24-06-11, 20:35
Ohhh my god.....she does talk, she got brain...,she talks..,maybe is her assistant talks..good job keep up the hard work. Dun be shy,

mantrix
24-06-11, 22:18
what she said is 'fei hua'

we dun need her to point the obvious, but to come up with alternatives to justify the 15K monthly allowance coming out from us taxpayers' pockets

joelx
24-06-11, 22:27
what she said is 'fei hua'

we dun need her to point the obvious, but to come up with alternatives to justify the 15K monthly allowance coming out from us taxpayers' pockets
She is challenging mr khaw...she thinks he did a lousy job so she comment.

yjcai
24-06-11, 23:34
"No privatisation only means their price cannot drop to the ground and no removal of high priced public supplies mean they are still public housing. When it is public housing, prices are here to stay."

"DBSS is different from hdb", does this mean their price can go below BTO price in the same vincity?

sh
24-06-11, 23:42
She is challenging mr khaw...she thinks he did a lousy job so she comment.

TPL as minster of national development:scared-4:

kate spade bag with every HDB purchase....;)

kingkong1984
24-06-11, 23:46
she is raising her public profile..

rule 1 to succeed...capitalise on the mistakes of others.

joelx
25-06-11, 00:04
she is raising her public profile..

rule 1 to succeed...capitalise on the mistakes of others.

She is tpl...no way she can thought of that, if a 12yrs kid can't think of that...no way she can out do the kid..maybe her father behind all these.

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 00:06
She is tpl...no way she can thought of that, if a 12yrs kid can't think of that...no way she can out do the kid..maybe her father behind all these.

2 most impt people in a womens life.. her dad and her hub.

Regulators
25-06-11, 00:13
nobody is bothered with her bloody 1/2 cents worth :doh:

devilplate
25-06-11, 00:26
nobody is bothered with her bloody 1/2 cents worth :doh:
U r rite! I skip skip skip.....hehe

thomastansb
25-06-11, 00:30
No party whip??

Anyway, she talking fei hua. All these already people talking for years. No originality. And to have clauses on the selling price, that is what we call BTO. Developer build and design, HDB price them. She better go read up on national policies before commenting. No wonder she says nothing to change. How to change when you know nuts.

:doh::doh:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_683450.html

Jun 24, 2011

Tin Pei Ling shares views on DBSS saga

MEMBER of Parliament for Marine Parade Tin Pei Ling shared her thoughts on Facebook on Friday morning about the recent news regarding the Design, Build and Sell Scheme (DBSS) project in Tampines.

The flats at the 708-unit Centrale 8 raised an uproar last week over the $880,000 price tag for its largest units, as the price was nearly that of executive condominiums.

Project developer Sim Lian later said quoted price ranges were only 'indicative', before releasing a 'confirmed price range' for the flats, which showed a $100,000 price drop to $778,000 for the top-end units. Ms Tin posted this note on her Facebook account at 9.50am on Friday, titled 'Short note on housing 3: HDB land - a matter of principle'.

She wrote (as is carried here): 'The recent high profile sale of DBSS flats at Centrale 8 stunned many Singaporeans, including myself. Questions were raised by many members of the public. Some asked why HDB flats built on HDB lands and eventually to be managed by the Town Councils (i.e. like normal HDB flats) should be priced by private developers. I understand and sympathise with these views.

'Allowing private developers who had successfully acquired HDB lands to independently price DBSS units may be in line with 'free market' principles, but it also means HDB losing control over precious lands that could be better utilized for BTO flats or community facilities.

'DBSS was meant to offer an additional housing option to Singaporeans - premium but less expensive than private condominiums. It is right to offer tiered options to address the different aspirations of Singaporeans. But the 'devil is in the details', and what might have been a useful housing option in 2005 may no longer be as suitable today.'

'Some have pointed out that Singaporeans can choose not to purchase over-priced DBSS flats. But I think the issue is one of principle - given the land scarcity in Singapore, HDB land should be reserved for building affordable public housing, and not apartments that HDB has little influence over. As part of MND's overall review of housing policies, perhaps it should either let HDB take back the right to price DBSS units, or include a clause to compel price negotiations between HDB and the private developers.'

Read the remainder of her Facebook page post here: http://www.facebook.com/notes/tin-pei-ling/short-note-on-housing-3-hdb-land-a-matter-of-principle/211641568877745

solsys
25-06-11, 02:27
Her remarks came from reading this forum's posters. No originality, copy paste with no helpful suggestions and alternatives.

ysyap
25-06-11, 15:50
She is challenging mr khaw...she thinks he did a lousy job so she comment.Well Mr khaw will invite her to drink kopi , maybe younger people like coke, and tell her cannot like that say MBT's babies. She's only so young so must have more respect for the elderly! :D

ysyap
25-06-11, 15:54
Her remarks came from reading this forum's posters. No originality, copy paste with no helpful suggestions and alternatives.She was pretty original when she said, 'singapore's healthcare relatively quite low and is manageable.' :p

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 17:37
Education cheap also

extremme
25-06-11, 21:57
If mbt or anyone raises issues with her posting, she'll just say it was posted by ms Denise ho:beats-me-man:

hyenergix
25-06-11, 22:08
Let's see whether she will pose the questions during the next sitting of the Parliament. It will be good if she can press MND to provide more subsidies for Singaporeans as well as giving all Singaporeans a chance to buy HDB, instead of making them buy expensive pte properties from developers (which mainly benefits developers and banks) ;)

kingkong1984
25-06-11, 22:16
The best one... Hdb with swimming pools on top of multi story car park... Wah, so clever.

wenqing
25-06-11, 23:01
Whatever she said is just parroting what netizens already said on Internet for years.

Nothing new.

She must be spending 8 hours a day surfing Internet since resigning from her job.

Her company got a no political participation clause in employment letter.

joelx
26-06-11, 00:34
wondering whether Politician has KPI...Why not reveal all politician and ministers' KPI to the citizen so we can judge whether they deserve $m or less or more. We can do benchmarking agaist other country minister KPI. thts wat i call transparancy.Agree?No?Shall we?Then we know who to vote, who not to vote. Since they are getting taxpayer $ for their salary. We have the right to know what are they doing for us besides surfing nets, blogging in FB.

Regulators
26-06-11, 01:45
Knn tpl said she has quit her job at ernst so what the hell does she do all day to deserve $15k of taxpayers money a month? Meet the people session who the hell don't know, even the RC chairman who works for free meets the people more often than the mp. Don't tell me tpl would be busy with day to day constituency work coz all the managers working in the cc or ccc usually do most of the work.

ysyap
26-06-11, 08:00
Drop her a letter or email to ask her nature of her daily work now that she's officially in the SLC (Shake leg company)? :scared-4:

Regulators
26-06-11, 11:26
Pay me $15k a month I also know how to delegate the town council people here and there to do this and that. Organise activities for community left largely to rc chairman and cc managers, maintenance of estate left largely to town council managers. Once in a blue moon suggest this and that to improve the town in parliament or can choose to take a nap and keep quiet... :doh:
Drop her a letter or email to ask her nature of her daily work now that she's officially in the SLC (Shake leg company)? :scared-4:

joelx
26-06-11, 16:04
Shhhhhh... She got someone powerful back her....I dare not ask.we better keep quiet. Shut our mouth. Politics is dark. Similar to gangster. Don't say I never warn you all. I will send her some ang pao now and then , hope she dun harm my family. We r innocent.

proud owner
27-06-11, 09:56
Shhhhhh... She got someone powerful back her....I dare not ask.we better keep quiet. Shut our mouth. Politics is dark. Similar to gangster. Don't say I never warn you all. I will send her some ang pao now and then , hope she dun harm my family. We r innocent.

in american slang

to back someone is nasty ...hehehe

hopeful
27-06-11, 10:03
in american slang

to back someone is nasty ...hehehe

you mean axxe rape?

ysyap
27-06-11, 11:15
So who's backing her??? :D

joelx
27-06-11, 20:52
So who's backing her??? :D
Idiot who vote her, and the number is a lot . The only person who is above the law of Singapore backing her.

Regulators
27-06-11, 21:24
Back a substanceless bimbo for what? What has she done for him to deserve this kind of backing? Offer discreet service?
Idiot who vote her, and the number is a lot . The only person who is above the law of Singapore backing her.

joelx
29-06-11, 00:08
Back a substanceless bimbo for what? What has she done for him to deserve this kind of backing? Offer discreet service?
A father will always standby their child. Support them with care and love.

wenqing
29-06-11, 14:55
PAP gives me the impressions that TPL is a White Horse MP. Whitest of White.

The kind of opportunities she is getting from PAP is unprecedented and rare for a person like her.

People like her with low EQ and low IQ usually dont even make it to the elections as PAP candidate.

Something is fishy about her situation.

ysyap
29-06-11, 17:14
PAP gives me the impressions that TPL is a White Horse MP. Whitest of White.

The kind of opportunities she is getting from PAP is unprecedented and rare for a person like her.

People like her with low EQ and low IQ usually dont even make it to the elections as PAP candidate.

Something is fishy about her situation.Well for the fact that she was working in a law firm before her resignation, she probably don't possess that low an IQ but yes, EQ is that little bit too low! :D Then again our dear ex SM and MM also didn't have very high EQ to begin with by scoring all those own goals! :doh: Then again both are senior citizens so excusable lah but for her... :scared-3:

linchong84
29-06-11, 17:25
Well for the fact that she was working in a law firm before her resignation, she probably don't possess that low an IQ but yes, EQ is that little bit too low! :D Then again our dear ex SM and MM also didn't have very high EQ to begin with by scoring all those own goals! :doh: Then again both are senior citizens so excusable lah but for her... :scared-3:

Not law firm leh.. she work in EY..

ysyap
29-06-11, 17:36
Not law firm leh.. she work in EY..Ok but still its on tax and advisory stuff so surely need some brains (aks IQ)... :p

Regulators
29-06-11, 19:04
There are thousands of brains in the financial sector more qualified than tpl, if mm goh or lhl had been more prudent in their search for candidates, they could easily find someone ten times more qualified than her. From her public persona, she is just an immature and materialistic girl with little or no substance from the things she say.
Ok but still its on tax and advisory stuff so surely need some brains (aks IQ)... :p

irisng
29-06-11, 21:15
Knn tpl said she has quit her job at ernst so what the hell does she do all day to deserve $15k of taxpayers money a month? Meet the people session who the hell don't know, even the RC chairman who works for free meets the people more often than the mp. Don't tell me tpl would be busy with day to day constituency work coz all the managers working in the cc or ccc usually do most of the work.

Easy money,"好命". Some people work from day and night also cannot earn so much. Next life make sure to choose the right date, right time and right place before reincarnate.:D

ysyap
29-06-11, 21:55
Put it this way... there are many great minds and smart people out there who remain poor and unnoticed simply because of the lack of opportunities. They may well know they are intelligent but remain passive and not do anything to tap on their strength. Then again there are those who are actually not that bright but given proper chances and some other factors, make it big in life! Hmmm... don't compare lah... you'll die younger! :banghead:

joelx
30-06-11, 20:56
Well, we should hire a private investigator to dig out more on her past. Maybe after knowing more of her, we love her more.