PDA

View Full Version : Minister Khaw profiles May BTO applicants

mr funny
16-06-11, 14:09
http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_680442.html

Jun 16, 2011

Minister Khaw profiles May BTO applicants

By Ernest Luis

NATIONAL Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan - in his latest blog entry posted on Thursday morning - provides a breakdown of the nearly 14,000 flat applicants for the latest May BTO launch.

This saw more than half of the 65 percent first-timers applying under HDB's Fiance-Fiancee's Scheme.

In his blog entry titled 'Know Our Customers', he started off by writing: 'The first rule of good customer service is to know our customers: Who are they? What are their needs? In my first BTO launch last month, nearly 14,000 Singaporeans applied for 4,000 units. I asked HDB for their profile.'

He made the following observations.

He wrote on (as is carried here exactly from his blog post): 'First, 65% of the applicants were first-timers. Second, 55% of the applicants were making their first BTO attempt (35% first-timers, 20% second-timers).

'Third, 35% of the applicants were first-timers and making their first BTO attempt. Fourth, among the first-timers, more than half applied under HDB's Fiance-Fiancee Scheme. Their median age was 27. As for the other first-timers (i.e. those already married), their median age was 34. There is therefore justification to revise the HDB income ceiling, given the rising age of applicants.'

He went on to make other points, before adding that HDB is now processing the applications, of which 4,000 will be successful and that his team must analyse the profile of the successful applicants after the exercise, for further insights. To read more, go here: http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/

thomastansb
16-06-11, 15:42
So the high number of applicants are just bullshit.

35% second timer hoping for jackpot
Of those offered a flat, 33% rejected the offer.

So I am right after all about the greedy, fussy, choosy and cheapo Singaporeans. 65% of applicants are first time applicants, leaving 35% of applicants already having a flat to stay in.

And reject rate at 33%. Wow. So 1 in 3 applicants rejected the flat. I thought people cry father cry mother saying no flat but yet, so fussy???

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_680442.html

Jun 16, 2011

Minister Khaw profiles May BTO applicants

By Ernest Luis

NATIONAL Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan - in his latest blog entry posted on Thursday morning - provides a breakdown of the nearly 14,000 flat applicants for the latest May BTO launch.

This saw more than half of the 65 percent first-timers applying under HDB's Fiance-Fiancee's Scheme.

In his blog entry titled 'Know Our Customers', he started off by writing: 'The first rule of good customer service is to know our customers: Who are they? What are their needs? In my first BTO launch last month, nearly 14,000 Singaporeans applied for 4,000 units. I asked HDB for their profile.'

He made the following observations.

He wrote on (as is carried here exactly from his blog post): 'First, 65% of the applicants were first-timers. Second, 55% of the applicants were making their first BTO attempt (35% first-timers, 20% second-timers).

'Third, 35% of the applicants were first-timers and making their first BTO attempt. Fourth, among the first-timers, more than half applied under HDB's Fiance-Fiancee Scheme. Their median age was 27. As for the other first-timers (i.e. those already married), their median age was 34. There is therefore justification to revise the HDB income ceiling, given the rising age of applicants.'

He went on to make other points, before adding that HDB is now processing the applications, of which 4,000 will be successful and that his team must analyse the profile of the successful applicants after the exercise, for further insights. To read more, go here: http://mndsingapore.wordpress.com/

amk
16-06-11, 16:51
the whole purpose of this blog by KBW is just this:

"There is therefore justification to revise the HDB income ceiling, given the rising age of applicants"

see I told u so. this one already promised in GE. has to be done. Let say this Friday.

Andrew76
16-06-11, 17:05
the whole purpose of this blog by KBW is just this:

"There is therefore justification to revise the HDB income ceiling, given the rising age of applicants"

see I told u so. this one already promised in GE. has to be done. Let say this Friday.

So fast? :confused:

dingding
16-06-11, 17:28
dont they hve old data to analyze? or have they not been analyzing at all...

rattydrama
16-06-11, 19:26
dont they hve old data to analyze? or have they not been analyzing at all...
got data dont know how to analysis and need KBW to do the job. Cos why? Dont want to commit lah.

land118
16-06-11, 23:29
got data dont know how to analysis and need KBW to do the job. Cos why? Dont want to commit lah.
Ya, all sacred to make decision, sit on fence wait for Minister to decide. Make wrong move, game over, career stalemate...:doh: