PDA

View Full Version : LTA to study noise levels along elevated MRT tracks

hyenergix
14-06-11, 22:05
What kind of logic is this? MRT is operated by SMRT which is a private company. LTA should require SMRT to do the noise study and pay for the cost of sound barrier. Why should profit goes to SMRT but cost goes to tax payers (via LTA)?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1135018/1/.html

kingkong1984
15-06-11, 05:43
Study only wat....

It's not saying anything else.

We go to school to study.

We got overseas to study.

We study this and that.... No mention of exams.

No mention of wat will be done as can only do that after careful study.

hyenergix
15-06-11, 06:39
You could have missed this "LTA will call for a tender to install low noise barriers at Bishan later this month. Work is expected to begin in September." It is a tender to install.

kingkong1984
15-06-11, 08:19
You could have missed this "LTA will call for a tender to install low noise barriers at Bishan later this month. Work is expected to begin in September." It is a tender to install.

Yup, and in today's headlines. Thanks. They've heard me :) * Joking *

desirenlure
15-06-11, 16:54
I hope LTA will arrive at a solution that does not reflect the sound waves but will absorb the sound energy, otherwise the noise reflected in magnitudes will penetrate the train cabin as it passes through the barriers. However, it may mean additional cost to install sound absorbing barriers.

I feel that the root cause should be addressed and that is to replace the wheels of the trains regularly. These wheels are made of Kelvar (if I've not mistaken) which will dampen the noise better than the iron ones.