PDA

View Full Version : How much would you pay for a house in D15?

Duku
04-06-11, 10:57
All price base on land
Brand New - 1200psf, 1500 psf, 2000 psf
Major A & A (less than 2 years, still look 'modern) - 900 psf, 1200 psf, 1500 psf
Original - 800psf, 1000 psf, 1200 psf

Or would you rather base the price on build in?

Just trying to get a feel of the market
:)

devilplate
04-06-11, 11:17
All price base on land
Major A & A (less than 2 years, still look 'modern) - 900 psf, 1200 psf, 1500 psf

landed mega bubble!!

original : 800psf at most....:p

ysyap
04-06-11, 12:51
All price base on land

:)Depending on location but still

Brand new $1200 psf is simply too much! For a 2400 sqft unit, its like close to $3mil. No way! $3mil can get a 4000 sqft unit elsewhere le...

Major A&A should be avoided where possible. If its only 2 years old and still look good, don't bother with A&A. $900 psf and if A&A, its gonna be like $1300psf. Not worth. Worse than the brand new... just pick up the brand new one...

Original at $800psf is by far the most decent. Bargain to $750psf.
Landed bubble is long overdue... shooting up with minimal control now... Bursting??? Hmm... :tsk-tsk:

nobrainer32007
05-06-11, 23:02
<$500psf if it is in a flood prone area like meyer!

All price base on land

nobrainer32007
05-06-11, 23:06
Those who dont already own a landed property or more usually feel the same way as you.

landed mega bubble!!

original : 800psf at most....:p

Duku
06-06-11, 10:38

<500psf at meyer??

you got to be kidding...

land118
06-06-11, 14:52
<$500psf if it is in a flood prone area like meyer! person is willing to sell at this price is an "out of this world idiot":banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sh
06-06-11, 22:16

<$500psf. I buy :D

nobrainer32007
06-06-11, 22:36
Exactly my point! A lot of idiots around!

Not about selling at <$500psf but BUYING at <$500psf

THE GOOD OLD DAYS ARE GONE

person is willing to sell at this price is an "out of this world idiot":banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

proud owner
06-06-11, 22:47

over time land prices will always go up
2005/6 marked the turning point where we saw and still see prices going up...

we can forget about the good old days ...

does anyone know any place on earth ..where the land price is falling ?

Douk
06-06-11, 23:06

does anyone know any place on earth ..where the land price is falling ?

How about Greece? :spliff:

clemdale
07-06-11, 00:44

You wish, dude..

But seriously, how do the prices of houses (Semi D/Bungalows) in D15 compare to those in Bukit Timah (D11? I think?).. and which is a better location and why?

devilplate
07-06-11, 01:10
You wish, dude..

But seriously, how do the prices of houses (Semi D/Bungalows) in D15 compare to those in Bukit Timah (D11? I think?).. and which is a better location and why?
Anywhr r overpriced for landed....:p

Geylang OKT
07-06-11, 07:13
Are you desperately trying to shore up the soon to be ailing property market? Property prices are going downwards going forward... that's for sure! :D :D :D

proper-t
07-06-11, 09:59
Anywhr r overpriced for landed....:p

Haha....quote from another thread.

Landed is gd....but prices now too much to swallow oredi...and i m a sour grape....

Shall grab one in future:)

Also, why do you think its overpriced?

When you compare the psf price for a ground floor condo unit to the psf on built-up for landed, the landed is usually cheaper.

If overall quantum is not an issue here, when potential buyers who want space look at alternatives and if the condo has minimal facilties, the landed may not be overpriced after all and could even be a cheaper alternative.

sh
07-06-11, 09:59
You wish, dude..

That will depend on your view on where the "centre" of singapore is going to be... marina bay area? then d15 is nearer. Orchard? then d11 is nearer.

That's how I see it.:)

devilplate
07-06-11, 10:02
Haha....quote from another thread.

Also, why do you think its overpriced?

When you compare the psf price for a ground floor condo unit to the psf on built-up for landed, the landed is usually cheaper.

If overall quantum is not an issue here, when potential buyers who want space look at alternatives and if the condo has minimal facilties, the landed may not be overpriced after all and could even be a cheaper alternative.

we dun have to debate all over again rite?

landed is basically buying the land.....but now easily land800psf++ for ulu birds dun lay eggs location oredi....not overpriced den wat? now agts using built-in psf to market and mostly 800psf upwards for smaller houses

devilplate
07-06-11, 10:04
That will depend on your view on where the "centre" of singapore is going to be... marina bay area? then d15 is nearer. Orchard? then d11 is nearer.

That's how I see it.:)

depend on preference...D15 got more lifestyle and bukit timah got more prestige(old rich)

devilplate
07-06-11, 10:07
even cmi 99LH landed in loyang selling 8xxpsf land

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4379031/for-sale-loyang-villas

proper-t
07-06-11, 10:15

Don't disagree with u. but there will always overpriced units across all segments as well as gems but gems are increasingly harder to find.

proud owner
07-06-11, 10:18

they trying their luck only lah

i can still find below 800 psf land in D17

devilplate
07-06-11, 10:21
they trying their luck only lah

i can still find below 800 psf land in D17

valuation 1.38mil wor

anyway for tat quantum, they cannot find below 1kpsf(land) for fh/999 landed....

only 3mil++ den possible and in average decent location

Duku
07-06-11, 10:30
we dun have to debate all over again rite?

landed is basically buying the land.....but now easily land800psf++ for ulu birds dun lay eggs location oredi....not overpriced den wat? now agts using built-in psf to market and mostly 800psf upwards for smaller houses
So if we compare to condo.
If land price only is same or cheaper than surrounding condo
eg Land price 1000 psf vs 1500 psf along East Coast / Katong / Myer
It is still underprice??

In that case, landed is cheap?
If include build in, wouldn't it be much cheaper considering you can build up to at least 1.4 times the size of land.

Another case for comparison
would you stay in a 99 year marina bay residence where a 3000 sqft cost you 9 to 10 M or would you choose to stay in a 6000 sqft landed freehold( excluding build up) new bunglow at meyer for the same price or cheaper?

Is landed still expensive in this case?

Fisherman
07-06-11, 11:35
It is still underprice??

If include build in, wouldn't it be much cheaper considering you can build up to at least 1.4 times the size of land.

would you stay in a 99 year marina bay residence where a 3000 sqft cost you 9 to 10 M or would you choose to stay in a 6000 sqft landed freehold( excluding build up) new bunglow at meyer for the same price or cheaper?

Freehold landed is the way to go. This is especially so for Singapore Citizens as this is the one and best priviledge not available for foreigners at least for now!

devilplate
07-06-11, 12:00
It is still underprice??

Can try comparing land psf ppr with gls land nearby....fh/999 landed can add 20%premium to it n based on 1.4plot ratio

Or easier, compare telok kurau landed n the recent enbloc px over there....everything boils down to the land psf ppr

clemdale
07-06-11, 18:07
depend on preference...D15 got more lifestyle and bukit timah got more prestige(old rich)

Ahh ok..

but in terms of price, I guess D9, 10, 11 is still higher?
What about Serangoon/Kovan area (D19) compared to D15?

wannabe
07-06-11, 18:52
<$500psf. I buy :D

<500psf u buy? dont need you to buy
got 900psf for meyer let me know, i buy!

wannabe
07-06-11, 18:58

huh??? 800psf for loyang 99yrs!!!!
i thought someone just say can get <500 for flood prone meyer???
dont like this leh make me happy for nothing.

kingkong1984
07-06-11, 19:26
huh??? 800psf for loyang 99yrs!!!!
i thought someone just say can get <500 for flood prone meyer???
dont like this leh make me happy for nothing.

Its killing time and time to kill. May the fattest be slaughtered first.

ysyap
08-06-11, 16:28

does anyone know any place on earth ..where the land price is falling ?Block 686B at Woodlands Drive 73... :scared-4:

ysyap
08-06-11, 16:30
Ahh ok..

but in terms of price, I guess D9, 10, 11 is still higher?
What about Serangoon/Kovan area (D19) compared to D15?Think D15 still slightly higher than D19 but the gap has closed up really quickly... :D

clemdale
19-06-11, 22:21
Think D15 still slightly higher than D19 but the gap has closed up really quickly... :D

Any reason why the gap has closed? Anyone has the rankings for landed property prices in the various districts?

chho
20-06-11, 01:42
Any reason why the gap has closed? Anyone has the rankings for landed property prices in the various districts?

Top 10 landed areas in singapore for bungalows

Tanglin (District 10)
1.Nassim
2. Areas in the east of botanical gardens (ie: cluny park, Whitehouse park, Chatsworth park, ridley park)
3. Areas in the west of botanical gardens (ie: Pierce/swettenham/Ridout road, Cluny hill/Gallop Park)

Holland (District 10)
4. Leedon Park/Queen Astrid park/belmont road

Bukit Timah (District 11)
5. University Road/trevose crescent/kheam hock

Holland (district 10)
6. Maryland Drive/Ewart Park

Bukit timah (district 10/11)
7. Raffles Park/First/second/third avenue

Newton (district 11)
8. Bukit tunggal

Marine Parade (district 15)
9. Goodman road/branksome road/wilkinson road

Bukit timah (District 21)
10. Binjai Park/yarwood road

Actually you just need to refer to URA's Development charge table to see the DC rates set by the chief valuer. It is the official ranking of all landed/non landed areas by URA.

chho
20-06-11, 01:53
Think D15 still slightly higher than D19 but the gap has closed up really quickly... :D

Think the going rate is around $1200psf for land only in the good part of district 15 (ie: Goodman road/ wilkinson/etc) and $900psf for land only in the good part of District 19 (ie: Crowhurst/bloxhome/etc). Not in the same league due to District 15's advantage of being close to Marina bay and East Coast Park.

hyenergix
20-06-11, 06:45
D19 is spoilt by its heavy traffic: Upper Paya Lebar road and Upper Serangoon road seem to be perpertually full of cars + very heavy vehicles. Only the Charlton road area is nice.

bullman
20-06-11, 09:36
Over at my area, the roads are pretty congested with cars parking along the side. Mostly are cars belonging to shoppers looking for free parking. The situation is pretty bad especially on weekends. I am fortunate to live on top of a hill as they do not park all the way up but navigating down is a challenge sometimes.

clemdale
20-06-11, 12:00
Over at my area, the roads are pretty congested with cars parking along the side. Mostly are cars belonging to shoppers looking for free parking. The situation is pretty bad especially on weekends. I am fortunate to live on top of a hill as they do not park all the way up but navigating down is a challenge sometimes.

where are u at, bullman?

DC33_2008
20-06-11, 12:47
Sounds like orchard area.
where are u at, bullman?

bullman
20-06-11, 13:28
Sounds like orchard area.

Yup. Area behind lucky plaza. The parking situation is getting worse. Ironically, the source of conflict is not between neighbors but between the residents and the "shopper" drivers. Some of my neighbors had enough and are selling.

DC33_2008
20-06-11, 13:54
My friend at Elizabeth Tower is better off with parking and now waiting to enbloc. Good view and large unit.
Yup. Area behind lucky plaza. The parking situation is getting worse. Ironically, the source of conflict is not between neighbors but between the residents and the "shopper" drivers. Some of my neighbors had enough and are selling.

bullman
20-06-11, 15:03
My friend at Elizabeth Tower is better off with parking and now waiting to enbloc. Good view and large unit.

Wow. On hindsight, should have went for a unit at ET rather than landed.Back then, both prices were pretty comparable. But then, life is full of regrets.

proud owner
20-06-11, 15:59
Think the going rate is around $1200psf for land only in the good part of district 15 (ie: Goodman road/ wilkinson/etc) and $900psf for land only in the good part of District 19 (ie: Crowhurst/bloxhome/etc). Not in the same league due to District 15's advantage of being close to Marina bay and East Coast Park.

can someone explain to me ...

how is Goodman area considered the good part of D15 ?

i find the roads there extremely narrow ..
the major roads leading to the area are also narrow ...

i dont get the ' Good'man feel at all ...

somehow i feel D16 , no further then Kew ...is a better location

devilplate
20-06-11, 17:34

Nearer to town n address.....

clemdale
20-06-11, 18:19

The Goodman/Branksome/Wilkinson area, and the Jalan Seaview/Jalan Sedap area is indeed the most prestigious in D15. Its exclusively a landed property area and the houses there are all huge bungalows and semi Ds. Near to city too. The next best could be Frankel.. though its slightly further away on the opposite side of D15.

bullman
20-06-11, 19:47
The Goodman/Branksome/Wilkinson area, and the Jalan Seaview/Jalan Sedap area is indeed the most prestigious in D15. Its exclusively a landed property area and the houses there are all huge bungalows and semi Ds. Near to city too. The next best could be Frankel.. though its slightly further away on the opposite side of D15.

My brother in law stays in Ramsgate Road. That area certainly eludes a sense of exclusivity. Land plots over there are typically 10-20k sqft.

chho
20-06-11, 22:26

Crescent Road separates the Goodman area into 2 parts. To the west of Crescent Road it is zoned bungalows only and to the east of crescent road it is zoned semi-ds. So I agree with you that the roads seem narrower in the eastern side of Crescent Road, close to Tanjong Katong, partly due to some cars parked by people going to the mosque or coffee shops. But there are some seriously huge bungalows on the other side.:scared-4:

As for D16, it is a little far from the city...;)

clemdale
21-06-11, 00:50
Crescent Road separates the Goodman area into 2 parts. To the west of Crescent Road it is zoned bungalows only and to the east of crescent road it is zoned semi-ds. So I agree with you that the roads seem narrower in the eastern side of Crescent Road, close to Tanjong Katong, partly due to some cars parked by people going to the mosque or coffee shops. But there are some seriously huge bungalows on the other side.:scared-4:

As for D16, it is a little far from the city...;)

Haha I've never looked at it that way!!! but yes that is true... How much do you think a semi-d (~3400sqft i think) is worth in that area? It used to be in the low 3mil mark.. surely its increased over the yrs?? You seem to know alot about the area.. hmm

cheers

chho
21-06-11, 01:02
Haha I've never looked at it that way!!! but yes that is true... How much do you think a semi-d (~3400sqft i think) is worth in that area? It used to be in the low 3mil mark.. surely its increased over the yrs?? You seem to know alot about the area.. hmm

cheers

I think it should be at least $4m for an old semi-d in the goodman area today. Unless of course it is next to the mosque.;)

clemdale
21-06-11, 09:47
I think it should be at least $4m for an old semi-d in the goodman area today. Unless of course it is next to the mosque.;)

Does that apply for the semi-ds in the Jalan Seaview area too? I dont know the size of those semi-ds in Goodman, but those in Jalan Seaview are 3400sqft. I'm actually quite interested in getting one at some point in time.. when i have the money of course. $4 mil u reckon??

Duku
21-06-11, 10:49
Does that apply for the semi-ds in the Jalan Seaview area too? I dont know the size of those semi-ds in Goodman, but those in Jalan Seaview are 3400sqft. I'm actually quite interested in getting one at some point in time.. when i have the money of course. $4 mil u reckon??

If you want brand new, base on the price , my guesstimate is 5M above. (1500psf)
Even that is consider 'low' as cluster houses in goodman are already going above 4M

See some for example
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3348668/for-sale-bungalow-goodman-rd

nobrainer32007
21-06-11, 10:59
Even though jalan seaview is flood prone?

Duku
21-06-11, 11:00

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4071385/for-sale-semi-detached-jalan-seaview

This may be what you are looking for

Mountbatten houses are impressive but not walkable distance from ameneties. Somehow I feel the houses at Onan , Celyon , tembling are more centrally located with food and Katong mall within walking distance ( possible MRT as well) more afforable as well compared to mountbatten due to the smaller land size and land mix

The area need a little clean up as it does not look as impressive as Mountbatten. If I am not wrong, there may be some upgrading works done around the area as it is in one of the ' upgrading plans' under Marine Parade GRC should they win the election
http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/radio/938live/singaporenews.aspx?cp-documentid=4792643

however I can't find anything on the plans for the upgrades.:2cents:
Anyone has any idea?

devilplate
21-06-11, 11:07
personally, i wud not want to hf landed hse near to eateries/amenities bcoz those diners will park their cars nearby:tsk-tsk: (mabe not so near but near enuff for ur maids will be ideal lah like 8-10mins walk to supermarket)

stl67
21-06-11, 11:31
If you want brand new, base on the price , my guesstimate is 5M above. (1500psf)
Even that is consider 'low' as cluster houses in goodman are already going above 4M

See some for example
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3348668/for-sale-bungalow-goodman-rd

wah this area is so expensive. what do you think of Chun Tin road landed property with the upcoming MRT station. The area though is abit conjested.

chho
21-06-11, 12:10

2 caveats were lodged for jalan seaview at $3.9m (Jan 2011) and $4.34m (Feb 2011). Think you will be lucky to get something in the mid $4m today. Think you should probably wait a little instead of buying at the all time high.

chho
21-06-11, 12:23
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4071385/for-sale-semi-detached-jalan-seaview

This may be what you are looking for

Mountbatten houses are impressive but not walkable distance from ameneties. Somehow I feel the houses at Onan , Celyon , tembling are more centrally located with food and Katong mall within walking distance ( possible MRT as well) more afforable as well compared to mountbatten due to the smaller land size and land mix

The area need a little clean up as it does not look as impressive as Mountbatten. If I am not wrong, there may be some upgrading works done around the area as it is in one of the ' upgrading plans' under Marine Parade GRC should they win the election
http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/radio/938live/singaporenews.aspx?cp-documentid=4792643

however I can't find anything on the plans for the upgrades.:2cents:
Anyone has any idea?

Mountbatten area and the Joo Chiat area (ie:Onan, tembling,etc) are like apples and oranges and all the upgrading will not make them the same. Mountbatten area is designated by URA as an exclusively landed area whereas the joo chiat area has a plot ratio of 1.4. So as far is URA is concerned the joo chiat area will slowly but surely be transformed into one filled with 5 storey condos (MMs???) whereas the mountbatten area will remain only landed. Of course there are pros and cons depending on your objectives but the disparity will only increase with time.

clemdale
21-06-11, 16:15
Mountbatten area and the Joo Chiat area (ie:Onan, tembling,etc) are like apples and oranges and all the upgrading will not make them the same. Mountbatten area is designated by URA as an exclusively landed area whereas the joo chiat area has a plot ratio of 1.4. So as far is URA is concerned the joo chiat area will slowly but surely be transformed into one filled with 5 storey condos (MMs???) whereas the mountbatten area will remain only landed. Of course there are pros and cons depending on your objectives but the disparity will only increase with time.

Thanks for the info guys.. very useful and insightful

Personally i prefer somewhere more exclusive and quiet (though a little further to amenities), although i realise the prices may be quite alot higher. I've been looking at the Jalan Seaview area for some time now. I really like it because of location and environment. Exclusive, yet not too far from Parkway, Katong... and definitely very close to the city. I also don't think it's flood prone like what the media makes it out to be. Seems like prices are just going North at the moment - I never thought it'd hit $4m when i first considered it - so I'll just wait and see!

Also, regarding the ERL line.. any chance there will be a station around JS to serve the area?

proper-t
21-06-11, 23:40
Thanks for the info guys.. very useful and insightful

Personally i prefer somewhere more exclusive and quiet (though a little further to amenities), although i realise the prices may be quite alot higher. I've been looking at the Jalan Seaview area for some time now. I really like it because of location and environment. Exclusive, yet not too far from Parkway, Katong... and definitely very close to the city. I also don't think it's flood prone like what the media makes it out to be. Seems like prices are just going North at the moment - I never thought it'd hit $4m when i first considered it - so I'll just wait and see!

Also, regarding the ERL line.. any chance there will be a station around JS to serve the area?

For me, if you are really interested in D15 landed, the Mountbatten/Meyer/Jalan Seaview area would be the best bet. Next would be the Dunbar/Frankel area.

For the ERL, you can read up on the MRT thread in this forum. Some have estimated a station at junction of Amber/Tanjong Katong which will probably serve the residents of that area.

clemdale
22-06-11, 11:27
For me, if you are really interested in D15 landed, the Mountbatten/Meyer/Jalan Seaview area would be the best bet. Next would be the Dunbar/Frankel area.

For the ERL, you can read up on the MRT thread in this forum. Some have estimated a station at junction of Amber/Tanjong Katong which will probably serve the residents of that area.

Hmm.. if there really is an MRT there the prices will no doubt increase further...

devilplate
22-06-11, 11:37
Hmm.. if there really is an MRT there the prices will no doubt increase further...

i dun tink MRT is a bonus for landed ppty:2cents:

i wouldnt want my landed ppty to b near....

land118
22-06-11, 12:01

i wouldnt want my landed ppty to b near.... ya, also my :2cents: worth, unlikely GCB owners and resident would like to have MRT station near their doorstep...but smaller OCR landed estate owners may prefer..

proper-t
22-06-11, 13:29

FYI, my contacts told me that a semi-D (old unrenovated) along Meyer road was just transacted at 1455psf yesterday so interest in that area is picking up rapidly.

Originally Posted by devilplate
i wouldnt want my landed ppty to b near....

Yep, would tend to agree with you especially if the MRT is above ground. But if it is subterranean, then it would be ok and may even boost values since amenities such as convenience stores or small food outlets may spring up if the underground stations are large enough for some retail space. For families with children bound for secondary or tertiary school in 2020, it may prove to be quite advantageous to have an MRT near you.

mkl22
22-06-11, 14:06

quite likely to be at the amber, tanjong katong junction around the playground area. i did a comparison with the DTL3 and which had stations around 1.2km apart for the most part. Using the same planning data on the ERL, if katong park and Parkway parade stations are confirmed then likely this is the spot to place the station in between these 2 points.

proper-t
22-06-11, 15:25
quite likely to be at the amber, tanjong katong junction around the playground area. i did a comparison with the DTL3 and which had stations around 1.2km apart for the most part. Using the same planning data on the ERL, if katong park and Parkway parade stations are confirmed then likely this is the spot to place the station in between these 2 points.

Yes, gd deduction. That is one possibility for an access point but my guesstimation places the station itself underneath the state land in front of amber point.

Possible access points will be one at the Tanjong katong playground, one near the chinese swimming club (grassy patch) as well as one across at the east coast beach front near the big splash area(now called playground). They wil most probably make use of the current underpass and join up with it to form a direct connection to the MRT station.

mkl22
22-06-11, 16:19
Yes, gd deduction. That is one possibility for an access point but my guesstimation places the station itself underneath the state land in front of amber point.

Possible access points will be one at the Tanjong katong playground, one near the chinese swimming club (grassy patch) as well as one across at the east coast beach front near the big splash area(now called playground). They wil most probably make use of the current underpass and join up with it to form a direct connection to the MRT station.

from the earlier announcements, where a red line was showing the route of the ERL. when it is superimposed on the map you can see part of the line seems to connect to bigsplash area. Maybe there might be something going on there. or the red line was not drawn to scale and something is missing.

devilplate
22-06-11, 16:45
Yep, would tend to agree with you especially if the MRT is above ground. But if it is subterranean, then it would be ok and may even boost values since amenities such as convenience stores or small food outlets may spring up if the underground stations are large enough for some retail space. For families with children bound for secondary or tertiary school in 2020, it may prove to be quite advantageous to have an MRT near you.
Mabe near like 500-700m will be an added advantage but not within 300m....will become too crowded with commuters, pedestrians and more cars looking for free parking

clemdale
22-06-11, 20:42

Very logical. Its true that the location of the access points are more important than the actual MRT site. Just one thing- I'm not sure what grassy patch at Chinese Swimming Club you're referring to?

chho
22-06-11, 22:15
[QUOTE=proper-t]FYI, my contacts told me that a semi-D (old unrenovated) along Meyer road was just transacted at 1455psf yesterday so interest in that area is picking up rapidly.

Mrt indeed should be a nice bonus for the mountbatten area as long as it is about half a km away.:) But the prices of landed will easily outpace condos in the long run, with or without MRT. I think only about 5% of the population live in landed. The way we are increasing the supply of flats and condos, the proportion of landed to total residential supply will only get smaller. Landed property may become "endangered property" in the long run.:)

I think the mountbatten area is one of the nicest non-GCB landed areas. Another very nice area with smallish landed is the University Road/Trevose Cresent/Kheam Hock Road area next to botanical gardens. Very lush...:rolleyes:

proper-t
22-06-11, 22:27
Very logical. Its true that the location of the access points are more important than the actual MRT site. Just one thing- I'm not sure what grassy patch at Chinese Swimming Club you're referring to?

Its near the carpark of the CSC, behind Seaview Point. Its part of the state land plot which runs all the way from the back of Amber point to seaview point.

This will serve the Amber road residents. The tanjong katong playground exit will serve the Meyer side (Aalto and meyer residents), whilst the Big Splash exit point will serve the patrons at The Playground/beachgoers.

proper-t
22-06-11, 22:34
[quote=proper-t]FYI, my contacts told me that a semi-D (old unrenovated) along Meyer road was just transacted at 1455psf yesterday so interest in that area is picking up rapidly.

Mrt indeed should be a nice bonus for the mountbatten area as long as it is about half a km away.:) But the prices of landed will easily outpace condos in the long run, with or without MRT. I think only about 5% of the population live in landed. The way we are increasing the supply of flats and condos, the proportion of landed to total residential supply will only get smaller. Landed property may become "endangered property" in the long run.:)

I think the mountbatten area is one of the nicest non-GCB landed areas. Another very nice area with smallish landed is the University Road/Trevose Cresent/Kheam Hock Road area next to botanical gardens. Very lush...:rolleyes:

Yep, agree with your views on landed supply. I like the University/Trevose and Kheam Hock area too but the asking prices are climbing everyday. For Kheam Hock tho' make sure you don't wander too far in towards Sime road as it would be quite close to the cemeteries there. I sent a friend back there one night and it was quite creepy.

nobrainer32007
22-06-11, 23:14
Someone i know actually saw ghost/spirit dressed in white and wearing the ancient hat jumping around in circle along lornie road late one night during hungry ghost festival while driving home. I would not want to go near this place let alone living so close by!

[quote=chho]

Yep, agree with your views on landed supply. I like the University/Trevose and Kheam Hock area too but the asking prices are climbing everyday. For Kheam Hock tho' make sure you don't wander too far in towards Sime road as it would be quite close to the cemeteries there. I sent a friend back there one night and it was quite creepy.

chho
22-06-11, 23:30
Someone i know actually saw ghost/spirit dressed in white and wearing the ancient hat jumping around in circle along lornie road late one night during hungry ghost festival while driving home. I would not want to go near this place let alone living so close by!

[QUOTE=proper-t]

Guys if you look at the map I think the cemeteries are on the other side of PIE.:) The landed properties affected are mostly the ones on Lornie Road and the Andrew Road vicinity. I wouldn't want to live there either.:scared-1:

A brand new semi-d of 2500sqft will cost more than $5m on Trevose Crescent. That is assuming you can find a semi-d that small. One can only hope...:rolleyes:

land118
23-06-11, 00:28
[quote=nobrainer32007]Someone i know actually saw ghost/spirit dressed in white and wearing the ancient hat jumping around in circle along lornie road late one night during hungry ghost festival while driving home. I would not want to go near this place let alone living so close by!

Guys if you look at the map I think the cemeteries are on the other side of PIE.:) The landed properties affected are mostly the ones on Lornie Road and the Andrew Road vicinity. I wouldn't want to live there either.:scared-1:

A brand new semi-d of 2500sqft will cost more than $5m on Trevose Crescent. That is assuming you can find a semi-d that small. One can only hope...:rolleyes:

Check this out:

http://cargocollective.com/sarahchow/1480706

august
23-06-11, 00:28

which reminds me many yrs ago when i was much younger there was one night i walked all the way from bishan to adam rd via lornie rd. it was way past 2am and i did not want to take a cab.. the moon was bright and the air was cool so i decided to take a slow relaxing walk, also did not know about existence of cemetery. when i reached the stretch of lornie flanked by trees from both sides it actually grew chilly, think there are cold drafts from the greens... well it got a bit freaky & the walk turned into a trot and eventually a jog lol~ :cutedoggy:

is hard to explain.. felt like being watched... suffice to say i heaved sighs of relief when i reached adam stretch and the feeling subsided. :scared-3:

clemdale
23-06-11, 23:50
Its near the carpark of the CSC, behind Seaview Point. Its part of the state land plot which runs all the way from the back of Amber point to seaview point.

This will serve the Amber road residents. The tanjong katong playground exit will serve the Meyer side (Aalto and meyer residents), whilst the Big Splash exit point will serve the patrons at The Playground/beachgoers.

Hmm,.. so you mean the entrance will be behind all those condos, between them and the ECP? I mean, its possible.. but i never thought about that site.

clemdale
23-06-11, 23:56
[quote=proper-t]FYI, my contacts told me that a semi-D (old unrenovated) along Meyer road was just transacted at 1455psf yesterday so interest in that area is picking up rapidly.

Whereabouts along Meyer Rd is that Semi-D? Any idea? As you know, Meyer Rd is a long road which stretches all the way from Fort Rd to Tanjong Katong Rd South. I know there are a few bungalows along Meyer Rd (around the middle section), and closer to Tanjong Katong Rd there are semi-ds. And whats the land size of the semi-d your referring to? $1455psf is very high indeed.

proper-t
24-06-11, 10:57
Hmm,.. so you mean the entrance will be behind all those condos, between them and the ECP? I mean, its possible.. but i never thought about that site.

The problem with underground MRT is avoiding all the foundations, basement carparks of highrise apts, utility lines etc. Although modern construction methods can circumvent these, the easier path is for the lines to follow main roads and for the stations to be sited underneath plots of vacant land and or parks or low rise buildings without deep pilings.

proper-t
24-06-11, 10:58
[quote=chho]

Whereabouts along Meyer Rd is that Semi-D? Any idea? As you know, Meyer Rd is a long road which stretches all the way from Fort Rd to Tanjong Katong Rd South. I know there are a few bungalows along Meyer Rd (around the middle section), and closer to Tanjong Katong Rd there are semi-ds. And whats the land size of the semi-d your referring to? $1455psf is very high indeed.

Its a semi-D , slightly less than 3000sf and sited at 1xx Meyer Road.

chho
24-06-11, 22:31
[quote=clemdale]

That's the good part of Meyer Road away from the condominiums. $1455 psf is still very expensive for an old semi-d. If you redevelop, it will cost a total of more that $5m including land. For a less than 3,000 sqft semi-d in D15!!!:scared-4:

clemdale
24-06-11, 23:34
[quote=clemdale]

Thats towards the end of Meyer Rd close to Aalto isnt it? And yes its so expensive. Just the land alone is $4 million-ish.. ?!!!!
Meyer Rd is a busy road, i prefer Jalan Seaview where its quieter, and probably even more expensive. If only i had the money!

proper-t
25-06-11, 11:15
That's the good part of Meyer Road away from the condominiums. $1455 psf is still very expensive for an old semi-d. If you redevelop, it will cost a total of more that $5m including land. For a less than 3,000 sqft semi-d in D15!!!:scared-4:

Thats towards the end of Meyer Rd close to Aalto isnt it? And yes its so expensive. Just the land alone is $4 million-ish.. ?!!!!
Meyer Rd is a busy road, i prefer Jalan Seaview where its quieter, and probably even more expensive. If only i had the money!

Yes, its situated not far from Aalto but at the widest part of Meyer rd. The road there is very wide and it is landed on both sides of the road so quite pleasant. Traffic isn't really that heavy on that side of Meyer. House itself is not that old but funny config (only has 2 bedrms, I think). Jln Seaview and Sedap are definitely quieter but roads are narrower. I suppose a 'Meyer' address may sound better to some than a 'Jalan'. Actually, there are some Jln Seaview/Sedap house which I think are asking cheaper than this Meyer house on a psf basis because the land areas there are larger. As this Meyer transaction is just done recently and not lodged in caveat yet, owners there may not be aware.

clemdale
25-06-11, 11:31
Yes, its situated not far from Aalto but at the widest part of Meyer rd. The road there is very wide and it is landed on both sides of the road so quite pleasant. Traffic isn't really that heavy on that side of Meyer. House itself is not that old but funny config (only has 2 bedrms, I think). Jln Seaview and Sedap are definitely quieter but roads are narrower. I suppose a 'Meyer' address may sound better to some than a 'Jalan'. Actually, there are some Jln Seaview/Sedap house which I think are asking cheaper than this Meyer house on a psf basis because the land areas there are larger. As this Meyer transaction is just done recently and not lodged in caveat yet, owners there may not be aware.

Only 2 bedrooms? Thats definitely a weird configuration/layout. Most semi-ds there have 4-5 bedrooms. Name of the address, importance of how wide the roads are, traffic etc all depend on individual preference. Not much difference btw Meyer and Jln Seaview really, if you think about it. Still, $14xx psf is very high. IF you estimate $1300psf for a 3400sqft semi-d along Jalan Seaview, thats $4.42m!!! yikes :eek:

devilplate
25-06-11, 11:34
Only 2 bedrooms? Thats definitely a weird configuration/layout. Most semi-ds there have 4-5 bedrooms. Name of the address, importance of how wide the roads are, traffic etc all depend on individual preference. Not much difference btw Meyer and Jln Seaview really, if you think about it. Still, $14xx psf is very high. IF you estimate $1300psf for a 3400sqft semi-d along Jalan Seaview, thats $4.42m!!! yikes :eek:

landed biggest bubble in history lah!

but nvm la....still own the land mah .....can keep for next gen till breakeven lor:p

DC33_2008
25-06-11, 13:16
Landed property and tear down and rebuild with a new design. This is a plus point with URA giving more leeway for design regulation of landed properties. Condo cannot do that. Only allow internal renovation.

but nvm la....still own the land mah .....can keep for next gen till breakeven lor:p

chho
25-06-11, 15:07

Will correct at some point along with everything else I guess but I cannot see landed being any more of a bubble than say condos. They are still substantially cheaper on a psf basis than condos if you compare nett usable area. Landed is also much lower in supply. Any additional supply will come in the form of subdivision or the release of 99 leasehold land and the government is probably under more pressure to consider higher plot ratios, especially in prime areas.

It will probably be the last to fall in price and the first to increase due to demand and supply principles.

sh
25-06-11, 15:37
Will correct at some point along with everything else I guess but I cannot see landed being any more of a bubble than say condos. They are still substantially cheaper on a psf basis than condos if you compare nett usable area. Landed is also much lower in supply. Any additional supply will come in the form of subdivision or the release of 99 leasehold land and the government is probably under more pressure to consider higher plot ratios, especially in prime areas.

It will probably be the last to fall in price and the first to increase due to demand and supply principles.

garmant can flood market with condos, EC etc, but not with FH landed. The supply is fixed.... forever.... like diamond....:D

DC33_2008
25-06-11, 15:44
FH landed in city fringe and CCR even more valuable.
garmant can flood market with condos, EC etc, but not with FH landed. The supply is fixed.... forever.... like diamond....:D

chho
25-06-11, 16:08

Gov just released a 2.84ha landed plot for approximately "80 homes" in Serangoon gardens D19. 99 year Leasehold, right next to the CTE. Analysts think that it is a rare new supply in a mature estate and predict aggressive bidding from developers. Unlikely to see such sizable plot released for landed in the Mountbatten area. And a small condo block will have more than "80 homes". So it is really safe especially for D15 landed in the long run.

clemdale
25-06-11, 16:33
FH landed in city fringe and CCR even more valuable.

Pardon my ignorance - whats "CCR"?

Is Mountbatten/Meyer/Jln seaview considered city fringe?

chho
25-06-11, 16:42
Pardon my ignorance - whats "CCR"?

Is Mountbatten/Meyer/Jln seaview considered city fringe?

Core Central Region. There are only 3 designated landed areas within CCR. The One Tree Hill area, the area behind Lucky Plaza and Oxley Road area where LKY lives. Gems indeed.

Mountbatten area is within Central Region as defined by URA. City fringe, I guess...

doraemon1
26-06-11, 02:14
Hi those landed property behind nin residences in potong pasir also good as city fringe too. the nearby bidadari park area is quite huge plot of land for future development.