PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation of conveyancing lawyer

MrBean
03-06-11, 15:50
Hi there, I intend to sell a terrace house by myself without using an agent. Anyone got experience doing it? Or recommend me a good lawyer firm to do all the documentations? Thanks

ysyap
03-06-11, 15:55
Hi there, I intend to sell a terrace house by myself without using an agent. Anyone got experience doing it? Or recommend me a good lawyer firm to do all the documentations? ThanksThat depends on your location preference. Raffles area or HDB hub? Suit your convenience! I would let the agent do it coz its really a lot of hassle but diy u can potentially save. I nego w agent till i found one that accepted 0.5% commission....:D think carefully...:spliff:

MrBean
29-06-11, 13:43
Hi thanks. Ok found one lawyer recommended by friend, but he wanted to charge me $6k to transact the terrace hse of $4m selling price. Is it too high? Thanks

bargain hunter
29-06-11, 14:09
0.15% of your sales value. negligible.

Hi thanks. Ok found one lawyer recommended by friend, but he wanted to charge me $6k to transact the terrace hse of $4m selling price. Is it too high? Thanks

devilplate
29-06-11, 15:02
Landed always cost more den apts....jus call another lawyer to chk the rates....ard there one...plus minus 1k

teddybear
29-06-11, 15:35
Generally only $2.5k-$3k regardless of the price of your property. Landed may be slightly more. Go HDB hub got many law firms can give you this price. :cheers1:

devilplate
29-06-11, 15:39
Generally only $2.5k-$3k regardless of the price of your property. Landed may be slightly more. Go HDB hub got many law firms can give you this price. :cheers1:
I tink bcoz he ask the lawyer to draft otp etc....tats y cost more....

I can tell u, he ended up very likely paying at least 1% to agt later on....he advertise on paper, ended up agts calling him one....hahaha

solsys
29-06-11, 15:55
My mum can negotiate to do at S$1.5k, no bankers involved coz buying in cash but that is for condo.

Not too sure about landed though.

devilplate
29-06-11, 15:59
My mum can negotiate to do at S$1.5k, no bankers involved coz buying in cash but that is for condo.

How long ago? Last time possible even for 1k in 2006 if no bank loan n no cpf involved but den the rates keep on increasing when their biz too good....

trickshot
01-07-11, 15:57

1.5k so cheap? I thought usual market price is 2.5 - 3k?

Can recommend me one?

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 16:26
1.5k so cheap? I thought usual market price is 2.5 - 3k?

Can recommend me one?

she said cash deals. Simpler work.

Market rate $2.5k to $3k is correct but u have to add GST.

trickshot
01-07-11, 16:40
she said cash deals. Simpler work.

Market rate $2.5k to $3k is correct but u have to add GST.

What about cash + cpf? No loan also 2.5 - 3k?

kingkong1984
01-07-11, 16:53

its depends on your relationship with the lawyer..

same chicken rice.. some more expansive, some cheaper.. some get it foc.

trickshot
01-07-11, 17:04
its depends on your relationship with the lawyer..

same chicken rice.. some more expansive, some cheaper.. some get it foc.

foc? :eek:

I dunno any lawyer, can anyone recommend a cheap one?

devilplate
01-07-11, 19:48
No loan possibly at 2k nett bcoz u save on stamp fee on bank loan which cost 500buck n make sure tat lawyer can act for cpf as well

MrBean
07-07-11, 12:32
Okay thanks for the responses. Anyway, no takers for the house yet. Like one of you said a lot of agents called. Shall source for more lawyers to compare the prices, its just that some pple recommend me to spend abit more for more reputable lawyers. Thanks