PDA

View Full Version : THOMSON GRAND - Jalan Tambur (Upper Thomson Rd), By Luxury Green Development Pte Ltd

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

richardsng_era
02-06-11, 17:38
Do not miss this rare development with good mix of 20-storeys High Rise Apartments & Strata House within a single development.

Close to
Bishan Park;
Bishan Park Secondary School;
Island Golf Course;
Lower Peirce Reservoir;
Peirce Secondary School;
Singapore Island Country Club;
Thomson Plaza;

What are you waiting for? Preview Soon! Call or SMS <D20TG> to +6590939848.

For more information about THOMSON GRAND, feel free to visit http://forsalebydevelopers.weebly.com/d20-thomson-grand.html

kane
02-06-11, 22:45
when's the launch?

proud owner
03-06-11, 03:42
when's the launch?

i was eyeing one of the semi Ds there about a year ago ...and saw the big sign board of a condo ...to be launched behind the landed ... straightaway i run far far ...

hyenergix
03-06-11, 06:10
Inaccessible and no amenities. A car is a must.

Komo
03-06-11, 06:44
A Thomson line station may be near here?
I guess pricing will be at least $900psf.

hyenergix
03-06-11, 06:46
It should be in Sin Min. Not walkable.

kane
03-06-11, 08:19
Repeated post.

kane
03-06-11, 08:20
i was eyeing one of the semi Ds there about a year ago ...and saw the big sign board of a condo ...to be launched behind the landed ... straightaway i run far far ...

The land was sold in Nov 09. Also, don't bother looking at shangri-la walk area for a while. The HDB next door will be torn down and rebuilt.

If the MRT is near AI tong, it's actually walkable by the road in front of gardens at bishan. Jury's still out there on where the station will be located.

devilplate
03-06-11, 08:28
A Thomson line station may be near here?
I guess pricing will be at least $900psf.

900psf?? unless recession:p

add another 50-100psf onto Vision's launch px

Andrew76
03-06-11, 10:24

haha...agreed totally. Cheung Kong leh, where got so charitable? :tsk-tsk: As mentioned in my earlier post, some agent mentioned a figure of about $1400 psf, quoting the up-and-coming MRT, park view and the new benchmark to be set by Capland in Bishan's new development.

kane
03-06-11, 10:48

Look at Costa Del Sol. Recession also not selling cheap. Just hold.

amk
03-06-11, 15:05
"Thomson Grand".. alamak.. really very old fashion HK style name.... reminds me of a nightclub called Las Vegas Grand ;)

so ERA agent any psf indication ?

kane
03-06-11, 21:41
That've a habit for cliche names. Costa del sol was probably the most avant-garde for them here. Maybe they want buyers to have every sense of the grandness, including perhaps the price tag...

azeoprop
09-06-11, 21:33
Floor plans are out! Looks grand indeed! :)

And all big units. :scared-3:
http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/Thomson-Grand.php

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/ThomsonGrand/TGflrplan.pdf

chiaberry
09-06-11, 22:32
It seems that the 3 and 4 bedders have the main balconies facing west? Will be hot? I suppose that's the unblocked view facing the reservoir so it can't be helped.

Seems to be quite a significant amount of balcony space and air-con ledge and I wonder if the private lift lobby is included in the area?

I wonder if the finishings will be good. I own a unit in their first development here (Thomson 800) and it has marble flooring including all the bathrooms also marble. Bedrooms are timber strips (long). Quality pretty good. Has not given me much problem since purchased (1999) and I have not renovated to this day. I wouldn't buy their other developments (all 99 LH).

kingkong1984
09-06-11, 22:35
It seems that the 3 and 4 bedders have the main balconies facing west? Will be hot? I suppose that's the unblocked view facing the reservoir so it can't be helped.

Seems to be quite a significant amount of balcony space and air-con ledge and I wonder if the private lift lobby is included in the area?
It's long block, not ideal, can be dark at the other end at different time of the day.

hyenergix
09-06-11, 22:35
Not nice. 99LH and so inaccessible.

chiaberry
09-06-11, 22:38
It's long block, not ideal, can be dark at the other end at different time of the day.

Theirs is a different orientation from Flame Tree. Flame Tree has a lot of light at all times of the day, those units facing reservoir has more light in the afternoon and those facing the city have more light in the morning. But it's never dark on either side.

Komo
09-06-11, 22:43
Floor plans are out! Looks grand indeed! :)

And all big units. :scared-3:
http://www.propertylaunch.sg/Singapore-Property-New-Launch/Thomson-Grand.php

http://www.propertylaunch.sg/images/ThomsonGrand/TGflrplan.pdf
from $1m liao! :(

kane
09-06-11, 23:14

I wonder if the finishings will be good. I own a unit in their first development here (Thomson 800) and it has marble flooring including all the bathrooms also marble. Bedrooms are timber strips (long). Quality pretty good. Has not given me much problem since purchased (1999) and I have not renovated to this day. I wouldn't buy their other developments (all 99 LH).

The living and master bedroom balcony faces east for the tall blocks. The even took the time to design a grand logo. Would be a pity if theu didn't have the finishing to top it off.

chiaberry
09-06-11, 23:25
The living and master bedroom balcony faces east for the tall blocks. The even took the time to design a grand logo. Would be a pity if theu didn't have the finishing to top it off.

Are you sure? If faces east then the Gardens at Bishan will be in their view (it's not very far away).

kane
09-06-11, 23:36
Are you sure? If faces east then the Gardens at Bishan will be in their view (it's not very far away).

Based on the drawings, to be precise it faces north east, but more east than north, so it should look over the school, Bishan park condo and beyond.

kane
09-06-11, 23:39
And one other point to add, the extreme right block might have some of gardens at Bishan in it's view. But the distance will be increased by having the low rise on the right.

kane
10-06-11, 00:06
chiaberry, i was mistaken, you're right, they all face west, towards SICC and bukit timah hill.

azeoprop
10-06-11, 00:12
Strange to have the secondary exit at the balcony of one of the bedroom....:beats-me-man:

Good for those with secret affairs can easily escape from there haa haa... :rolleyes:

chiaberry
10-06-11, 00:35
chiaberry, i was mistaken, you're right, they all face west, towards SICC and bukit timah hill.

That would give them the best view - across the reservoir.

I think the secondary exit through the smaller balcony is for the fire escape (stairs).

Let's see how much they price it at. I don't think they are going to be cheap, with the "grand" name.

devilplate
10-06-11, 00:59
Facade looks grand....2units per block....very upmarket design....machiam high end condo wif pte lift somemore....

The finishing shd b top top end like the vision but expect prices to be top top too

Looks looks prices gona from 1.1mil

Layout not bad but too bad its gona b oven hot

Andrew76
10-06-11, 01:03
Wonder if Mr. Khaw's word of caution has any impact on this project?:confused:

kane
10-06-11, 01:08
That would give them the best view - across the reservoir.

I think the secondary exit through the smaller balcony is for the fire escape (stairs).

Let's see how much they price it at. I don't think they are going to be cheap, with the "grand" name.

yes, it has a good view. with a longish layout across the block, I think they are trying to create a wind tunnel effect through the unit to cool the heat from the west sun.

but it'll probably be for a grand price tag.

devilplate
10-06-11, 01:17
I guess px from 11xxpsf for standard units

kane
10-06-11, 01:36
so 3 bedroom will be $1.4-$1.5 then?

chiaberry
10-06-11, 07:59
so 3 bedroom will be $1.4-$1.5 then?

At that price, it's not bad for own stay. The location is not too bad. Comparable to Clover (will probably have a shuttle bus to the MRT stations Bishan/Marymount).

But the px might be higher than that. The kitchen/bathroom fixtures are all good brands.

kane
10-06-11, 08:18
At that price, it's not bad for own stay. The location is not too bad. Comparable to Clover (will probably have a shuttle bus to the MRT stations Bishan/Marymount).

But the px might be higher than that. The kitchen/bathroom fixtures are all good brands.

That's assuming they price the 3 bedders at 1.1k. If that's for 4 bedderss, then maybe the 3 beds will start from 1.2k?

They already stated the fixtures they're using?

Probably head down the showroom to look and see. It's been a while since the area had seen a launch and at least the area isn't congested with high rise apartments.

chiaberry
10-06-11, 09:01
That's assuming they price the 3 bedders at 1.1k. If that's for 4 bedderss, then maybe the 3 beds will start from 1.2k?

They already stated the fixtures they're using?

Probably head down the showroom to look and see. It's been a while since the area had seen a launch and at least the area isn't congested with high rise apartments.

The brands for the fixtures are on the propertylaunch website link.

From the floor plan, the units don't look as spacious as the floor areas given would suggest. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if the balconies and private lift lobby eats up the space. Everything looks small - living/dining, bedrooms, tiny bathrooms, tiny kitchen.

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 11:20
are u sure? i don't think it will be so low.

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 11:23
this is classic hk style. small bedrooms. more area supposedly for other stuff. but a/c ledge and balcony for some units are indeed big. normally private lift lobby is considered as part of the strata area rite? so it does eat up even more usable space.

From the floor plan, the units don't look as spacious as the floor areas given would suggest. As mentioned earlier, I wonder if the balconies and private lift lobby eats up the space. Everything looks small - living/dining, bedrooms, tiny bathrooms, tiny kitchen.

chiaberry
10-06-11, 12:24
this is classic hk style. small bedrooms. more area supposedly for other stuff. but a/c ledge and balcony for some units are indeed big. normally private lift lobby is considered as part of the strata area rite? so it does eat up even more usable space.

I have a unit in Thomson 800 built by the same Cheung Keong group and the bedrooms are not small. In fact the configuration of the 1421 sq ft 3-bed apartment over there is pretty good. Even the living/dining area seems spacious. It doesn't feel like 1421 sq ft. It feels bigger. Unfortunately, the 3 bedder in this current development seems to be less efficiently laid out. Disappointed......

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 12:38
yes. thomson 800 nice.

the problem these days is developers want to maximise profits more than anything else. that's what a boom does. so they max out balcony and line the side up with air con ledge. :(

I have a unit in Thomson 800 built by the same Cheung Keong group and the bedrooms are not small. In fact the configuration of the 1421 sq ft 3-bed apartment over there is pretty good. Even the living/dining area seems spacious. It doesn't feel like 1421 sq ft. It feels bigger. Unfortunately, the 3 bedder in this current development seems to be less efficiently laid out. Disappointed......

chiaberry
10-06-11, 13:00
yes. thomson 800 nice.

the problem these days is developers want to maximise profits more than anything else. that's what a boom does. so they max out balcony and line the side up with air con ledge. :(

Not to mention the private lift lobby.

I would rather have a lift lobby outside that's not included in my floor area. It seems a bit of an overkill to have a private lift lobby in a relatively small apartment.

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 13:04
they want to market it as high end/luxury.

Not to mention the private lift lobby.

I would rather have a lift lobby outside that's not included in my floor area. It seems a bit of an overkill to have a private lift lobby in a relatively small apartment.

devilplate
10-06-11, 13:15
are u sure? i don't think it will be so low.
Sizes r quite big wor...2nd flr 3bedder at 11xxpsf quite ex oredi rite?cud hit ard 1300psf for top floors....

2bedder prolly from 1200psf...just guessing...

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 14:35
yes but i think they will want to sell at a certain premium over vision. just not sure how much higher! :scared-1:

Sizes r quite big wor...2nd flr 3bedder at 11xxpsf quite ex oredi rite?cud hit ard 1300psf for top floors....

2bedder prolly from 1200psf...just guessing...

amk
10-06-11, 14:38
yes but i think they will want to sell at a certain premium over vision. just not sure how much higher! :scared-1:

I think so too. guess min 1200psf up for 3bd or bigger, 1300 for 2bd. there is no 1bd rite ?

LKS better market this thing nicely. The timing can't be worse.

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 14:49
yah no 1 bedder, 2 bedder from 904 sq ft i think.

i think gotta adopt a sell slowly and release lousy stack at lowest psf strategy. LOL. :ashamed1:

it will definitely not be aimed at hdb upgrader. will market as luxury product. boy, the maintenence is gonna kill!

I think so too. guess min 1200psf up for 3bd or bigger, 1300 for 2bd. there is no 1bd rite ?

LKS better market this thing nicely. The timing can't be worse.

chiaberry
10-06-11, 14:52
LKS marketed Thomson 800 with a 10% capital appreciation guarantee for 5 years ie if the price didn't go up by more than 10% at the end of the 5 years, you got back the difference in the market valuation price up to max of 10%. Well they had bad timing for that because at the end of the 5 years was when SARS hit, so we got back 10% of the purchase price in cash. It was an interesting and novel marketing gimmick at the time of their launch but most people thought that the guarantee would never be activated. Unfortunately for them, external factors supervened.

Wonder if they have other novel strategy up their sleeve this time? (also considered a relatively jittery market today).

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 15:00
yah. they should have something more innovative.

their bet for thomson 800 was at least a calculated bet which they lost. now, the odds are even higher against them if they are indeed keen to market FROM 1200psf (if not more! :scared-4: ). they will have to try something else.

LKS marketed Thomson 800 with a 10% capital appreciation guarantee for 5 years ie if the price didn't go up by more than 10% at the end of the 5 years, you got back the difference in the market valuation price up to max of 10%. Well they had bad timing for that because at the end of the 5 years was when SARS hit, so we got back 10% of the purchase price in cash. It was an interesting and novel marketing gimmick at the time of their launch but most people thought that the guarantee would never be activated. Unfortunately for them, external factors supervened.

Wonder if they have other novel strategy up their sleeve this time? (also considered a relatively jittery market today).

devilplate
10-06-11, 15:08
Capital appreciation guarantee is smthing new to me....

If let say ur ppty drop by 30% at the end of 5yrs, u got to pocket 30+10%?:scared-1:

Did the developer mark up the px for such package?

devilplate
10-06-11, 15:12
Actually the vision sold from 900psf for bigger units, so this one from 1100psf oredi 200psf more

I maintain my px range...hehe:p

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 15:16
of course cap at 10% of purchase price lah. LOL. :tsk-tsk:

If let say ur ppty drop by 30% at the end of 5yrs, u got to pocket 30+10%?:scared-1:

bargain hunter
10-06-11, 15:18
yes. but that is then and this is now. and if bishan is gonna be 1500psf, then there is some leeway between 1100 to 1400 to play with.

Actually the vision sold from 900psf for bigger units, so this one from 1100psf oredi 200psf more

chiaberry
10-06-11, 15:18

Nope can only get max of 10%.

The developer guarantees that the property will appreciate 10% at the end of 5 years. If not they will pay you up to max of 10% over your purchase px.

I don't think the developer marked up the px much. I didn't check around. I bought because I liked the location and I have no phobia of being next to a hospital. The market was jittery just coming out of the Asian financial crisis. And many people did not have much cash to invest. Actually I thought that they were pretty safe to offer such guarantee in view of that. But they were really unlucky that at the end of 5 years, it was smack in the middle of the SARS crisis.

I doubt that any developer will offer such guarantee again. The market is more volatile and unpredictable now.

amk
10-06-11, 17:57
Chia ur 10% deal not bad! LKS so unlucky kena SARS period. This time round, if doing the 10% trick again, i think many will bite . Will u ?

azeoprop
10-06-11, 18:24
Haa haa if they offer this 10% capital appreciation thing i will go Q up at the showroom. :p

kingkong1984
10-06-11, 18:25
Haa haa if they offer this 10% capital appreciation thing i will go Q up at the showroom. :p

surely will not give lah. 10% in 10 years u want?

azeoprop
10-06-11, 18:30
surely will not give lah. 10% in 10 years u want?

10yrs dun want. I want 5yrs only haa haa. Just nice after SSD period. Like put in 5year FD with 10% interests, or 2% per year. :p

kane
10-06-11, 21:27

i think space wise, after deducting the balcony and ledges, it'll probably be comparable with the market norm about 3-4 years ago. I think they're trying to differentiate themselves from the new tiny style apts but because of the high cost of land, they can't build it like those designs from 7-8 years ago. it'll be really silly on their part to put in all those nice fixtures but have a compact interior.

so perhaps it'll resemble those that are TOP-ing right now.

mantrix
10-06-11, 22:04
the people who can appreciate this will be HongKies

1200-1300 psf is considered cheap to them and they will looovvveee the space to death

kane
10-06-11, 22:36
maybe cheung kong will get their chinese friends to buy this.

shawnabc77
10-06-11, 23:40
Thomson Grand is a premium luxurious condominium with an excellent view. It has an easy access to SLE, TPE, CTE, KPE, BKE and PIE. This development has high quality finishes for kitchen and a bedroom which make you more comfortable and makes you feel more convenient when you go home to your abode. There are also strata houses which can be acquired by foreigners and there is no need for an LDU approval. All units have direct reservoir and golf course view which is a stunning eye freshener for everyone who wants to relax. Going to Thomson Food Center and Thomson Plaza is just a few minutes away from Thomson Grand. If you are a sporty guy, you can take a short drive to Singapore Sports School. You can also drive for less than fifteen minutes going to Orchard, Novena, Newton and CBD.

Residents of Thomson Grand will enjoy wide variety of amenities available at the nearby Thomson Plaza, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan HDB estate. Sports and recreational choices can be found at the nearby Singapore Island Country Club and Lower Peirce Reservoir Park. The Thomson Grand is also an ideal home for young families with school-going children. A number of reputable schools such as Catholic High School, Raffles Institution, Raffles Junior College, Ai Tong Primary School and CHIJ ST. Nicholas School are located within close proximity from the development. The site is easily accessible via major roads and expressways such as Upper Thomson Road, the Pan Island Expressway and the Central Expressway. With the Marymount MRT Station, the resident will also enjoy the convenience of the public transportation system to the other parts of Singapore.

Thomson Grand is the best environment for lifestyle and nature living. This is the perfect place for such a combination of lifestyle. This development is the most prestigious project at Upper Thomson Road. It has rare and huge apartment sizes in which you can choose from, depending on your needs and your family’s convenience. The family man can live here comfortably because all the good schools are just minutes of walking. Stay close to the course of Nature and enjoy the scenery of Lower Pierce Reservoir.

Do you want to be the first to get your choice unit of Thomson Grand at the best price? Never miss a New Launch event again. Get your latest updates from New Launch Singapore.

Best Regards

New Launch Singapore (http://www.newlaunchsingapore)

shawnabc77
10-06-11, 23:42
Thomson Grand is a premium luxurious condominium with an excellent view. It has an easy access to SLE, TPE, CTE, KPE, BKE and PIE. This development has high quality finishes for kitchen and a bedroom which make you more comfortable and makes you feel more convenient when you go home to your abode. There are also strata houses which can be acquired by foreigners and there is no need for an LDU approval. All units have direct reservoir and golf course view which is a stunning eye freshener for everyone who wants to relax. Going to Thomson Food Center and Thomson Plaza is just a few minutes away from Thomson Grand. If you are a sporty guy, you can take a short drive to Singapore Sports School. You can also drive for less than fifteen minutes going to Orchard, Novena, Newton and CBD.

Residents of Thomson Grand (http://www.newlaunchsingapore.com/suburban/thomson-grand) will enjoy wide variety of amenities available at the nearby Thomson Plaza, Junction 8 Shopping Centre and Bishan HDB estate. Sports and recreational choices can be found at the nearby Singapore Island Country Club and Lower Peirce Reservoir Park. The Thomson Grand is also an ideal home for young families with school-going children. A number of reputable schools such as Catholic High School, Raffles Institution, Raffles Junior College, Ai Tong Primary School and CHIJ ST. Nicholas School are located within close proximity from the development. The site is easily accessible via major roads and expressways such as Upper Thomson Road, the Pan Island Expressway and the Central Expressway. With the Marymount MRT Station, the resident will also enjoy the convenience of the public transportation system to the other parts of Singapore.

Thomson Grand is the best environment for lifestyle and nature living. This is the perfect place for such a combination of lifestyle. This development is the most prestigious project at Upper Thomson Road. It has rare and huge apartment sizes in which you can choose from, depending on your needs and your family’s convenience. The family man can live here comfortably because all the good schools are just minutes of walking. Stay close to the course of Nature and enjoy the scenery of Lower Pierce Reservoir.

Do you want to be the first to get your choice unit of Thomson Grand at the best price? Never miss a New Launch event again. Get your latest updates from New Launch Singapore.

Best Regards

New Launch Singapore (http://www.newlaunchsingapore)

kane
10-06-11, 23:53
when's the launch anyway?

stiook
11-06-11, 00:00
The gardens at bishan is going for >$900 psf. And it is mass market. This should be going at like close to $1,200 psf? Other than the view which gives you the afternoon sun, there is nothing great in the area... Except for a possible MRT station like 20 years later.

kane
11-06-11, 00:07
The gardens at bishan is going for >$900 psf. And it is mass market. This should be going at like close to $1,200 psf? Other than the view which gives you the afternoon sun, there is nothing great in the area... Except for a possible MRT station like 20 years later.

9 years if they're on schedule, i.e. 2020.

azeoprop
11-06-11, 00:16

Most probably so. Still remember FEO with their bus load of Chinese shoppers for their waterfront isle and silver sea? :scared-3:

chiaberry
11-06-11, 00:42

I have a feeling this devt is targetted at Hongkies and Chinese friends. The developer very likely has a better feel for what those folks are looking for and their expectations i.e. high class/exclusive feel and look but don't worry so much abt the space since they (esp Hongkies) are used to small spaces already.

chiaberry
11-06-11, 00:47
10yrs dun want. I want 5yrs only haa haa. Just nice after SSD period. Like put in 5year FD with 10% interests, or 2% per year. :p

This was better than mini-bond or those other so-called "capital-guaranteed" funds. I remember the bank trying to sell those type of funds when I was walking in but luckily I got no more money after paying the deposit for the pty.

And no I would not buy this property. I am a Freehold buyer.

I shd have bought more Thomson 800 when the valuation at the SARS period came in under my purchase price. :banghead: Another golden opportunity missed.

kane
11-06-11, 10:05
I have a feeling this devt is targetted at Hongkies and Chinese friends. The developer very likely has a better feel for what those folks are looking for and their expectations i.e. high class/exclusive feel and look but don't worry so much abt the space since they (esp Hongkies) are used to small spaces already.

I don't think there are many properties in Singapore that has a chandelier in their clubhouse. Maybe there's their whole marketing plan.

mantrix
11-06-11, 10:29
The name, the layout, the furnishings - they all shout out one word - CHINESE

will be interesting to see any Indians take up this project :D

chiaberry
11-06-11, 11:00
This devt might appeal to those HK/Chinese FT with families in view of the larger size units and houses. And it's near some good schools (although only Ai Tong is within 1 km but St. Nicholas, Catholic High are also nearby as is Raffles Inst). It is within 5 mins drive of Singapore Island Country Club Island location which has a HUGE new clubhouse about to be completed. FT can get golf lessons/swimming/bowling etc for their kids and themselves at great convenience. NTUC Finest within less than 5 mins and Bishan J8 also a short drive away. Sigh....there goes my neighbourhood. Crowds at Thomson Plaza and Bishan J8 are going to be a regular occurrence in a few years time even worse than they are currently. :tongue3: NS Expressway and Thomson Line will cater to this locality in time to come. Not fast enough for those of you who are flippers but I believe the flipper will become an almost extinct species due to the SSD. You need to take a longer term view of property from now on until such time as the SSD is lifted (if ever).

There could be potential in the rental market for the houses. But I don't have the $$$ to put down for them (esp with the high LTV currently).

See if LKS marketing can draw the crowds from HK as the Hongkies might see this as an attractive alternative investment due to happenings in their own home market. And of course LKS/Cheung Keong have an indisputed established reputation.

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 11:03
I prefer after impact + 1 to 4 quarters, which will lead to a strong petition, which will lead to removal of SSD.

Go fly kite till it happens.

No one really come in to this forum to announce their priced buy already. Sure kanna criticise.

chiaberry
11-06-11, 11:11
I prefer after impact + 1 to 4 quarters, which will lead to a strong petition, which will lead to removal of SSD.

Go fly kite till it happens.

No one really come in to this forum to announce their priced buy already. Sure kanna criticise.

I personally think the SSD is a prudent measure by the govt to temper runaway property prices and property bubble building up here. Criticise me if you want. I think that "flipping" is not good for the overall health of the economy and property market.

I am vested in this neighbourhood due to my family ties even though I might want to move closer to work (in town) but not able to. It does have its attractions and conveniences though (see my post above). At the end of the day it is down to your personal preferences and circumstances. I see heated and angry discussions between owners of CCR vs OCR and owners of LH MMs vs landed pty but all have their pros and cons and nobody is right or wrong.

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 11:32
I personally think the SSD is a prudent measure by the govt to temper runaway property prices and property bubble building up here. Criticise me if you want. I think that "flipping" is not good for the overall health of the economy and property market.

I am vested in this neighbourhood due to my family ties even though I might want to move closer to work (in town) but not able to. It does have its attractions and conveniences though (see my post above). At the end of the day it is down to your personal preferences and circumstances. I see heated and angry discussions between owners of CCR vs OCR and owners of LH MMs vs landed pty but all have their pros and cons and nobody is right or wrong.

I agree.. SSD kills the flipping activity and also arrest the excurbence in the property prices as only real owner occupiers will buy.

Location wise, it is specific to individual. Whatever you decide, no one can criticise u, cause u know better. You have your reasons.

What I meant by criticise is those that say 'why buy now', 'why buy that condo', "why that facing' etc... motherhood statements lah.

BTW, If u buy now, the price do matters to u right?

chiaberry
11-06-11, 11:42
Of course the price matters. It matters to everyone. I bought my last prop a few days before the first round of CM was announced and I will not make any further purchases as I will just keep what I have for the time being unless my family circumstances change.

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 11:54
Of course the price matters. It matters to everyone. I bought my last prop a few days before the first round of CM was announced and I will not make any further purchases as I will just keep what I have for the time being unless my family circumstances change.

normal for all.

Komo
11-06-11, 16:53
The name, the layout, the furnishings - they all shout out one word - CHINESE

That means can expect a lot of cigerate smoke. Not for people who wants fresh air :doh:

will be interesting to see any Indians take up this project :D

They went over to Miltonia already...:D

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 17:51
how do u know? what is the reason for that?

I thought they are mainly in the east side?

Plus little india.

Komo
11-06-11, 18:47
how do u know? what is the reason for that?

I thought they are mainly in the east side?

Plus little india.
Saw quite a number of them there:D
Maybe it's the closeness to water:D

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 18:56
maybe aerospace engineers?

maybe they downgrade from elsewhere and all want to get units there to stay together and play golf together.

the bigger fishes are swiming nearby in the reserviour. You need a nice bait and a big net to land them. Get the drift?

azeoprop
11-06-11, 21:45
Cube 8 1 bedroom 560sqft from around 730k last year feels like such a good buy now....:( Or even 368 thomson 689sqft from 920k.

kingkong1984
11-06-11, 22:45
Cube 8 1 bedroom 560sqft from around 730k last year feels like such a good buy now....:( Or even 368 thomson 689sqft from 920k.
The reverse is true, they look like awful buys now.

rattydrama
11-06-11, 22:50
how is this compared to thomson 800? Which one will you buy? Propertyguru pics for thomson 800 look fantastic.

mantrix
11-06-11, 23:07
how is this compared to thomson 800? Which one will you buy? Propertyguru pics for thomson 800 look fantastic.

Truth be told, I like Thomson 800 for the location...but its facade is really dated...

rattydrama
12-06-11, 10:01
Truth be told, I like Thomson 800 for the location...but its facade is really dated...

We just watch the price of Thomson Grand but maybe Thomson 800 is still a better buy due to its location and its FH.

rattydrama
12-06-11, 10:13
facade looks alright to me ... looks like an evergreen piece of project.
There is no 2 bedders in this project, or cluster houses... so what you see in the caveat is probably the real price.

anybody know the launch price of Thomson 800?
http://www.singaporeexpats.com/singapore-property-pictures/condo/thomson-800.htm

chiaberry
12-06-11, 10:48
My unit was $636 psf at launch. 6th floor, non-reservoir facing. Actually I had no choice. It was one of the last units available at the time. The reservoir-facing units high floor would naturally be priced higher. As far as I am aware they are all 3 bedders, including the penthouses.

Please note that Thomson 800 is District 11 classified as CCR under URA whereas Thomson Grand would be District 20 classified as RCR under URA website.

I personally feel that T800 is a better buy. Freehold, District 11, MRT station within less than 5 mins walk, possible interchange station (Circle/Thomson Line). However, please be aware that NS Expressway works will take 6000 sq ft off the total land area for the development and there will be some disruptions to traffic while the expressway is being built. It will be completely underground in the vicinity of T800.

mantrix
12-06-11, 11:00
6000 sq ft is better than Nuovo which has to sacrifice 8K and + viaduct beside.

If the launching price for thomson Grand is the same as 800, then Thomson 800 will be a better choice obviously.

kane
12-06-11, 11:22
My unit was $636 psf at launch. 6th floor, non-reservoir facing. Actually I had no choice. It was one of the last units available at the time. The reservoir-facing units high floor would naturally be priced higher. As far as I am aware they are all 3 bedders, including the penthouses.

Please note that Thomson 800 is District 11 classified as CCR under URA whereas Thomson Grand would be District 20 classified as RCR under URA website.

I personally feel that T800 is a better buy. Freehold, District 11, MRT station within less than 5 mins walk, possible interchange station (Circle/Thomson Line). However, please be aware that NS Expressway works will take 6000 sq ft off the total land area for the development and there will be some disruptions to traffic while the expressway is being built. It will be completely underground in the vicinity of T800.

Oh? The north south highway will take land from Thomson 800 as well? No wonder there's been a few units put up for sale. What's the compensation like?

hyenergix
12-06-11, 11:26
Thomson 800 is what a condo should be like. Nowadays most condos have no standards with cheap furnishing and tiny plots of land.

devilplate
12-06-11, 11:28

Is the caldecott mrt cfm?

chiaberry
12-06-11, 11:31
Oh? The north south highway will take land from Thomson 800 as well? No wonder there's been a few units put up for sale. What's the compensation like?

The compensation is not known yet. The amount of land taken is small in comparison to the total land area of the development and I don't hear owners complaining about it.

Cannot compare launch prices of T800 and Thomson Grand. T800 was launched in 1999. Back then, there was no hint at all of any MRT coming up in the vicinity. There's always been a steady stream of units for sale in T800. Owners taking their profits.

chiaberry
12-06-11, 11:32
Is the caldecott mrt cfm?

Caldecott (Thomson) MRT station for Circle Line is confirmed. Already built. Waiting for Circle Line to open (should be by the end of this year).

Even owners of SkyEleven admit that T800 is a better location for transport compared to Sky.

kane
12-06-11, 12:14
Thomson 800 is what a condo should be like. Nowadays most condos have no standards with cheap furnishing and tiny plots of land.

True, if they have to sell million dollar condos, at least give compressed marble and timber flooring.

Komo
12-06-11, 12:32
True, if they have to sell million dollar condos, at least give compressed marble and timber flooring.
If they give poor quality compressed marble might as well have homogeneous tiles.:D

chiaberry
12-06-11, 13:41
If they give poor quality compressed marble might as well have homogeneous tiles.:D

Agreed. High quality Italian homogenous tiles can look good as well as being much easier to maintain than marble. Marble is porous. Red wine, lime juice can seep into the marble. Marble can look old-fashioned like what your auntie/uncle like to use. Especially those cheaper marble.

ysyap
12-06-11, 13:44
High quality homogeneous tiles may well cost more than the low quality marble! Its really subjective. :o

rattydrama
12-06-11, 14:57

Thanks for the input. What about the current noise level? Do you expect its going to by noisy going forward and once all projects completed.

chiaberry
12-06-11, 16:54
Thanks for the input. What about the current noise level? Do you expect its going to by noisy going forward and once all projects completed.

Sorry I am not sure about the noise level. You would have to visit some time during peak hour to experience it for yourself. My unit on the 6th floor is not very noisy but it is facing Marymount Road and not the Lornie Road flyover. I believe the high floor units (both side facings) might be noisy as noise travels upwards. Please check it out yourself by going onto the balcony. Usually if you view with agents, the agents will close the sliding windows and turn on the air con in the unit so you can't hear the noise from outside.

Another disdavantage of this development is that the kitchens of the units face each other so there is no privacy in the kitchens. The bedrooms and balconies are OK though (unblocked).

The reservoir facing units might get hot in the afternoon as they are somewhat West facing (but the views from the high floors are good).

kane
12-06-11, 19:23
High quality homogeneous tiles may well cost more than the low quality marble! Its really subjective. :o

Is there any project that specifies their use of high quality homogeneous?

chiaberry
12-06-11, 19:35
Is there any project that specifies their use of high quality homogeneous?

Maybe these?

http://www.rice-fields.com/portfolio.html#condos

Oh and another advantage of homogeneous tiles is that they are much safer for your young kids and old folks because you can choose to use non-slip ones for commonly used areas. This is for renovations rather than new developments. After all, you don't want baby or granny slipping on the marble flooring. If they hit their head, the consequences could be really bad.....

Lovelle
12-06-11, 19:48
T800, 3 bedders all asking 2 mil.

rattydrama
12-06-11, 20:11
T800, 3 bedders all asking 2 mil.

It was about 1m 3bedder when they bought 10 years ago. Good size and excellent location.

Lovelle
12-06-11, 20:27
It was about 1m 3bedder when they bought 10 years ago. Good size and excellent location.\

u think owner shld wait 4 enbloc ?

kane
12-06-11, 22:48
Maybe these?

http://www.rice-fields.com/portfolio.html#condos

Oh and another advantage of homogeneous tiles is that they are much safer for your young kids and old folks because you can choose to use non-slip ones for commonly used areas. This is for renovations rather than new developments. After all, you don't want baby or granny slipping on the marble flooring. If they hit their head, the consequences could be really bad.....

That's a useful, guess there's one more thing to ask about the quality of the homogeneous tiles used.

chiaberry
12-06-11, 23:03
\

u think owner shld wait 4 enbloc ?

Why do you think there would be en bloc? I think it would not be soon. Wait until the NS Expressway is completed. There could be some development/upgrading of the area around that MRT station. Right now it's a big building site. You can't see it from the main road but even before the NSE was announced, I took a drive up the side road that leads to the MRT station and saw how much construction was going on and I knew it wasn't going to be just a simple MRT station and something more was going to be happening around there. NSE is one of them but there could be more (? Thomson Line). As an owner, I believe that the value of the property might be worth more if en bloc 10 years or more down the road rather than in the next few years. That's my :2cents:

kane
12-06-11, 23:18
it's a little too new to be thinking about en bloc so soon.

Andrew76
15-06-11, 09:32
Pricing for Thomson Grand out. Can check with websites or agents. 2 bedrooms abt $1400psf while 3 bedrooms abt $1300psf. In short a typical 2 bedder is priced at $1.4 mil while a typical 3 bedder is priced at $1.8 mil.

mantrix
15-06-11, 09:43
Pricing for Thomson Grand out. Can check with websites or agents. 2 bedrooms abt $1400psf while 3 bedrooms abt $1300psf. In short a typical 2 bedder is priced at $1.4 mil while a typical 3 bedder is priced at $1.8 mil.

pricing is GRAND indeed...

kane
15-06-11, 10:08
pricing is GRAND indeed...

Yeah, they make far east look modest with a 3 bedder at 1.8mio.

Andrew76
15-06-11, 10:26
They are portraying the project as a luxury condo. Dunno how many will bite.

cl0ver
18-06-11, 14:42
wonder how much are their strata houses? Looks nice....

cindyw03
18-06-11, 18:10
Strata houses start from 3.4M

rattydrama
18-06-11, 21:45
Strata houses start from 3.4M
seriously who are they going to sell to?
I dont think Singaporeans will be keen.

devilplate
18-06-11, 22:35
seriously who are they going to sell to?
I dont think Singaporeans will be keen.
Foreigner who wanted to buy 'landed'....bungalows in sentosa is too pricey for most foreigners oredi

Andrew76
18-06-11, 22:57
Anyone went for the preview? How's the response like?

kane
18-06-11, 23:21
Anyone went for the preview? How's the response like?

they started the preview already?

rattydrama
19-06-11, 00:33
Foreigner who wanted to buy 'landed'....bungalows in sentosa is too pricey for most foreigners oredi
still recalled my distant relative bou 99LH landed at around 1.2m in those days and forced sold at 800k due to financial difficulties after 10 years (down market during that period)

If let say one of the owner throw their "landed" at super low psf, the price of the remaining condo might be affacted as compared to those condo without landed/townhouses.....

siam is safer....

devilplate
19-06-11, 00:36
still recalled my distant relative bou 99LH landed at around 1.2m in those days and forced sold at 800k due to financial difficulties after 10 years (down market during that period)

If let say one of the owner throw their "landed" at super low psf, the price of the remaining condo might be affacted as compared to those condo without landed/townhouses.....

siam is safer....
Ur scenario applies to all other projects with or without townhse

Jus nid one joker to firesale n pull down the valuation.

rattydrama
19-06-11, 00:45
Ur scenario applies to all other projects with or without townhse

Jus nid one joker to firesale n pull down the valuation.

but townhouses super big and psf super low, its gonna to be a uphill task. Whereas for other units under firesale, it is still roughly about the same size and usually when there are many units, impact is average out.

I dont mind MM fire sales cos impact not as great.

devilplate
19-06-11, 01:02
but townhouses super big and psf super low, its gonna to be a uphill task. Whereas for other units under firesale, it is still roughly about the same size and usually when there are many units, impact is average out.

I dont mind MM fire sales cos impact not as great.
When market is down, bank based on the lowest transaction for their vsluation.... Nvr average out one lor.

cho515
20-06-11, 23:29
Guys,

Fengshui might not be good. Too near temple :eek:

cl0ver
21-06-11, 13:05
Guys,

Fengshui might not be good. Too near temple :eek:

what logic is that?

Andrew76
21-06-11, 23:06
what logic is that?

think it's something to do with the yin and yang thingy. It all depends on whether u believe in such things. That said, Cheung Kong being an old school developer should have taken care of the "fengshui" aspect of the development. It's just that the pricing is a bit "grand", given that nearby FH like Meadows@peirce are at least $300 psf cheaper.

kane
22-06-11, 00:19
think it's something to do with the yin and yang thingy. It all depends on whether u believe in such things. That said, Cheung Kong being an old school developer should have taken care of the "fengshui" aspect of the development. It's just that the pricing is a bit "grand", given that nearby FH like Meadows@peirce are at least $300 psf cheaper.

that's always been cheung kong's style of doing things. that's why i say they make FEO look modest.

rattydrama
22-06-11, 00:39
When market is down, bank based on the lowest transaction for their vsluation.... Nvr average out one lor.

Ya, safer to buy projects with more units at least got more transactions to average out the prices. But town houses are something new right?

devilplate
22-06-11, 00:48
Ya, safer to buy projects with more units at least got more transactions to average out the prices. But town houses are something new right?
Townhse within a condo is relatively new concept....their vision aso hf....woodhaven aso hf....dleedon too

amk
22-06-11, 14:33
Townhse within a condo is relatively new concept....their vision aso hf....woodhaven aso hf....dleedon too
not new lah ... off hand I can count Sommerville Park, 33ys old project, it already has townhse within the condo. another 30y old project along Balmoral also got.

SpinCity
22-06-11, 14:50
not new lah ... off hand I can count Sommerville Park, 33ys old project, it already has townhse within the condo. another 30y old project along Balmoral also got.

Yong An Park is another one?
Which project along Balmoral are you referring to?

amk
22-06-11, 16:05
Yong An Park is another one?
Which project along Balmoral are you referring to?

"The" Balmoral ha ha ;)

devilplate
22-06-11, 16:40
I m yng mah:tongue3:

wesing
23-06-11, 11:45
BT Article on June 23:

Cheung Kong unveils 361-unit Thomson Grand:
Prices start at $1,400 psf, project to be launched in July

Selected excerpts from the article appended below:

"Priced at $1,400 per sq ft (psf) and above, there will be about 50 units allotted in the first phase," said Cannas Ho, Cheung Kong's sales manager. "However, we have not decided which units will be released."

According to Ms Ho, a large majority of units will have commanding views of the Island Golf Course, Lower Pierce Reservoir, the Central Catchment Reserve and Bishan Park, with the exception of those on the lower floors.

Ms believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as "Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf."

devilplate
23-06-11, 11:52
prices from 1400psf!!!! which means higher flrs can hit 16xxpsf:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

proud owner
23-06-11, 11:55
prices from 1400psf!!!! which means higher flrs can hit 16xxpsf:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

also meaning further down the road ..... those FH condos/ landed will get a boost

also meaning FH condos in other 'not here, not there' areas will get a boost

devilplate
23-06-11, 11:55

i was wrong!

am i too overly pessismistic?

HUAT ARGH:D :spliff:

devilplate
23-06-11, 11:56
also meaning further down the road ..... those FH condos/ landed will get a boost

congrats to all owners of meadows@pierce

wesing
23-06-11, 11:59
i was wrong!

am i too overly pessismistic?

HUAT ARGH:D :spliff:

Probably you did not factor in the view.

Check out the center page advertisement in BT today which shows the so call magnificent view most units command:D At this psf, the furnishing must be very ahtas.

devilplate
23-06-11, 12:03
Probably you did not factor in the view.

Check out the center page advertisement in BT today which shows the so call magnificent view most units command:D At this psf, the furnishing must be very ahtas.

i am quite sure the furnishing is comparable to D9,10 projects

i remember seeing them providing swarovski crystal lightings in the bathroom for The vision

the beauty of this project is 2 units per flr....

the view....hmm...i always tot location comes first den add another 10% to it for gd views....tats how i perceive ppty values

wesing
23-06-11, 12:10
the beauty of this project is 2 units per flr....

less neighbor, less potential for conflict right?

wesing
23-06-11, 12:13

Dunno whether units at Miltonia commanding similar golf course view will skyrocket as a result of Thomson Grand:D Smart for the spokeswoman to compare the view with Sentosa and not Miltonia.

proud owner
23-06-11, 12:19
Dunno whether units at Miltonia commanding similar golf course view will skyrocket as a result of Thomson Grand:D Smart for the spokeswoman to compare the view with Sentosa and not Miltonia.

what will sellers of Flame Tree (?) at sin ming junction ... also have full view of SICC ...

its location is even better ...

hyenergix
23-06-11, 12:32
No point paying so much for view. U will hardly notice it after a while.

wesing
23-06-11, 12:34
Contradicting what the Cheung Kong's spokeswoman was quoted by BT, ST article wrotes: "The apartments will be priced at an average of $1,400 per sq ft for the initial launch of 50 units next month".

Which is more believable:beats-me-man: Guess psf stated in ST report sounded more reasonable:D

chiaberry
23-06-11, 12:35
what will sellers of Flame Tree (?) at sin ming junction ... also have full view of SICC ...

its location is even better ...

Agreed. Flame Tree is a much better location. Easy access to bus stops along 2 roads as it is at the junction of Upper Thomson and Sin Ming. The car access is also easy (just off the main Upper Thomson Road). Also not having temple (!) and school (!) as next door neighbours. However now Flame Tree owners will not let go of their units easily......not after seeing these prices. :cool: May even en bloc one day. ;)

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 13:58
"Cheung Kong will be targeting local upgraders as Thomson Grand is the only new development within the Thomson area.

Ms Ho believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as 'Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf'. The possibility of launching this project overseas to foreign buyers is also being explored."

i find this part most hilarious. :)

proud owner
23-06-11, 14:13
"Cheung Kong will be targeting local upgraders as Thomson Grand is the only new development within the Thomson area.

Ms Ho believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as 'Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf'. The possibility of launching this project overseas to foreign buyers is also being explored."

i find this part most hilarious. :)

i find the above even better ...

just un case no singaporeans bite at 1400 psf ...then they have to market to oversea right ?

cover her own asssssss ....................

Jadey
23-06-11, 14:18
Anybody here bought THE VISION?

devilplate
23-06-11, 14:19
2bedder gona cost 1.3xmil....rental can fetch 4-4.5k?:rolleyes:

The 3bedder rental yield will b worse....buy to bleed. :D

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 14:22
cannot afford nevermind. maybe temple next door provides free food? whole family go there and eat for 3 meals can liao.

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 14:23
obviously by "investment", ah Ho doesn't mean rental as she compared to sentosa at 2500psf. she is using the "relative cheapness" theory.

wesing
23-06-11, 14:28
obviously by "investment", ah Ho doesn't mean rental as she compared to sentosa at 2500psf. she is using the "relative cheapness" theory.

Why did not compare with Miltonia. Sama golf course view:D

proud owner
23-06-11, 14:31

abit too simplistic

like that .. if there is a shopping mall across my condo .. i can also compare to ION ? ...

i think 1400 psf will be tough ... for that location ...

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 14:31
ah chiu say cannot compete in/with mass market mah. + they compare with sentosa ie, they consider their own thomson location very prime. ;)

they think orchid country club = heartlander club. SICC = upmarket.

Why did not compare with Miltonia. Sama golf course view:D

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 14:33
i agree. but obviously they dun want to sell out. they want to sell like their costa del sol/far east's style.

abit too simplistic

like that .. if there is a shopping mall across my condo .. i can also compare to ION ? ...

amk
23-06-11, 14:56
I dun think they *intended* to sell costa de sol for 10 yrs.. more like forced to...

testtest
23-06-11, 15:28
abit too simplistic

can compare to The Marq lah...:doh:

proud owner
23-06-11, 15:40
can compare to The Marq lah...:doh:

1400 psf for that location , somemore 99 LH ...

can sell 1 unit is already an achievement

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 15:41
its more like they "DON'T MIND" selling for 10 years. :ashamed1:

I dun think they *intended* to sell costa de sol for 10 yrs.. more like forced to...

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 15:43
there are hardly any 3 bedroom units of around 1400 sq ft which have been sold at above 1.8m in D20. however, centro manage to sell some units at close to 1.8m and clover's 17xx sq ft 4 bedders also managed that quantum. so should be able to find some buyers lah albeit not that many definitely.

23-06-11, 15:44
They should just compare with their West Coast vision or East Coast Costa Del Sol. :tongue3: :tongue3:

amk
23-06-11, 15:48

look 800k HDB also got ppl buy. this one "Upper Thomson" leh, very atas one. some more "luxury" project u know. see big spread in today's BT. "Absolute Prestige" my friend.

Komo
23-06-11, 21:43
The private lift lobby is nice:rolleyes:

kingkong1984
23-06-11, 21:45

do it the hongkee style.. everything counts...

if it counts... your house will have a deep deep hole... something like a well.. not water well but air well....

duno consider good fengshui... if u stay on the 18 floor... lagi eerie.

chiaberry
23-06-11, 21:56

haha it is counted in your floor area. You are paying for it.

And quite a lot of balcony space and air con ledge too.

The only selling point for me is the views from the high floors which would be fantastic. Low floors not worth the $$$

Komo
23-06-11, 22:05
Everything is so nice, just the price:D :D

kingkong1984
23-06-11, 22:05
Everything is so nice, just the price:D :D

That is the most beautiful part.. no need to think.

bargain hunter
23-06-11, 22:16
ya, maintenence fees will also be very nice.

cl0ver
23-06-11, 22:55
BT Article on June 23:

Cheung Kong unveils 361-unit Thomson Grand:
Prices start at $1,400 psf, project to be launched in July

Selected excerpts from the article appended below:

"Priced at $1,400 per sq ft (psf) and above, there will be about 50 units allotted in the first phase," said Cannas Ho, Cheung Kong's sales manager. "However, we have not decided which units will be released."

According to Ms Ho, a large majority of units will have commanding views of the Island Golf Course, Lower Pierce Reservoir, the Central Catchment Reserve and Bishan Park, with the exception of those on the lower floors.

Ms believes that at $1,400 psf, Thomson Grand would make a good investment proposition, as "Sentosa apartments with a similar view start at $2,500 psf."

CANNAS HO? Is she very ganas????:rolleyes:

chiaberry
23-06-11, 23:40
And don't forget this is within 1km of Ai Tong School (co-ed) - a good SAP school (strong in Chinese). Another attraction for HK/PRC FT to make their home there.

wesing
23-06-11, 23:43
Just saw a huge advertisement on this project when driving out of the barrier of the basement carpark of Thomson Plaza:D

ysyap
23-06-11, 23:48
Think this place hasn't reach the status of $1400 psf but developer just whack... thinking its the thomson at Novena... :o Its a pretty long shot!

stl67
23-06-11, 23:58
It was about 1m 3bedder when they bought 10 years ago. Good size and excellent location.
Used to co own a 3bedder about 1400 sqft. Sold it during SARS for only 850 k nia. Very heartache... Life still got to move on:o

ysyap
24-06-11, 00:01
Just saw a huge advertisement on this project when driving out of the barrier of the basement carpark of Thomson Plaza:DSomething wrong with your cash card? Usually when exiting a carpark, the barrier is lifted before I can even catch anything written on it. :D

wesing
24-06-11, 00:05
Something wrong with your cash card? Usually when exiting a carpark, the barrier is lifted before I can even catch anything written on it. :D

The huge ad is on the wall lah:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If cannot see, time to get or change glasses liao:doh: :doh: :doh:

ysyap
24-06-11, 00:17
The huge ad is on the wall lah:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

If cannot see, time to get or change glasses liao:doh: :doh: :doh:hahaha! No need to knock head so many times lah... once is enough! Will check it out the next time I go there! :o

Komo
24-06-11, 06:49
hahaha! No need to knock head so many times lah... once is enough! Will check it out the next time I go there! :o
Chitchat with the pretty agent there better:D

ysyap
24-06-11, 08:18
Chitchat with the pretty agent there better:DYou open the showflat glass door and a middle age female agent steps foward to shake your hand and welcome you while that pretty agent sits comfortably behind the counter, waiting for her turn, are you going to say, can I have that other lady instead? :p Lagi better a man steps forward to welcome you! :spliff: Cheers!

kingkong1984
24-06-11, 08:21
You open the showflat glass door and a mid age agent steps foward to shake your hand and welcome you while that pretty agent sits comfortably behind the counter, are you going to say, can I have that other lady instead? :p Lagi better a man steps forward to welcome you! :spliff: Cheers!
How about this? Dress like a poor chap. Walk up to pretty ladies, single preferred. If she serve u with respect, buy thru her and let those who missed the deal regret.

ysyap
24-06-11, 08:24
How about this? Dress like a poor chap. Walk up to pretty ladies, single preferred. If she serve u with respect, buy thru her and let those who missed the deal regret.How poor can you dress and not be chased out? I went to showflat in bermudas and slippers. How much poorer can you dress? :D

kingkong1984
24-06-11, 08:27
How poor can you dress and not be chased out? I went to showflat in bermudas and slippers. How much poorer can you dress? :D
Construction worker..... Hahaha....

Better to have smell.

ysyap
24-06-11, 08:33
Construction worker..... Hahaha....

Better to have smell.Oh yes, they will direct you to the back where the construction site is... hahaha! :banghead:

DC33_2008
24-06-11, 09:22
I guess this project will be hot. Hong Kong developer is good in marketing. Remember how they sell Vision even though it is facing a port and afternoon sun.

proud owner
24-06-11, 09:32
CANNAS HO? Is she very ganas????:rolleyes:

spelling error

should be Caninas :) :)

Lovelle
24-06-11, 09:48
This reminds me of The Vision...

ysyap
24-06-11, 10:43
This reminds me of Mexan Harbor Hotel in HK overlooking a port! :D

cl0ver
24-06-11, 15:32
Agents are Huttons and CBRE right? got pretty ladies???

by the way, Thomson 800 high floor can also see reservoir mah....
FH and near MRT.... much cheaper....

rattydrama
24-06-11, 19:15
Agents are Huttons and CBRE right? got pretty ladies???

by the way, Thomson 800 high floor can also see reservoir mah....
FH and near MRT.... much cheaper....

agree. just put in another 100k for ID and it is like new.

Wild Falcon
27-06-11, 10:56
99LH at outskirts without future MRT and near temple would be a tough sell at $1400psf. I heard this area will never get MRT right? Even the thomson line is unlikely to come here. Anyone care to comment?

chiaberry
27-06-11, 11:14
99LH at outskirts without future MRT and near temple would be a tough sell at $1400psf. I heard this area will never get MRT right? Even the thomson line is unlikely to come here. Anyone care to comment?

Not really true. The Transport Minister (previous) had already stated that the Thomson Line would serve Sin Ming. This development is in Sin Ming area. That area is not a big place therefore there is likelihood that there will be an MRT within 1km. The favoured location (according to forums) is beside Bishan Park Secondary School which is within a 5 to 10 minute walk of this development. I believe the developer will provide a shuttle bus to the current MRT station (?Bishan) for the first 18 months. You can double check with the agents. The showflat is not ready but the temporary marquee they set up to market the development was FULL yesterday and agents were grabbing chairs like nobody's business. There is an early bird discount of 4.5 to 5.5%.

I think this development is not bad for own stay but rental returns is a question mark. The 2 bedders will have a nice view of the reservoir. The 3-bedders are mainly golf club views. Take note that management fees are quite high esp for the strata houses. And you have to maintain your own private jacuzzi.

There were quite a number of people who handed in blank cheques but I am not sure what will be the actual take up rate when the final pricing is announced.

ysyap
27-06-11, 11:18
So which view would you prefer, golf view or reservoir view? :o

Wild Falcon
27-06-11, 11:24
I mean walking distance to MRT which seems impossible. If need to take shuttle bus to MRT, then its a discount already. One thing about Cheung Kong is it is really bad in design and architecture. Is this catered to the China taste? Why the the 6 buildings lining up in a line with little thought and so close to one another? Makes the place seem so cramped. Surely they can do something better to blend better with the landscape?

Not really true. The Transport Minister (previous) had already stated that the Thomson Line would serve Sin Ming. This development is in Sin Ming area. That area is not a big place therefore there is likelihood that there will be an MRT within 1km. The favoured location (according to forums) is beside Bishan Park Secondary School which is within a 5 to 10 minute walk of this development. I believe the developer will provide a shuttle bus to the current MRT station (?Bishan) for the first 18 months. You can double check with the agents. The showflat is not ready but the temporary marquee they set up to market the development was FULL yesterday and agents were grabbing chairs like nobody's business. There is an early bird discount of 4.5 to 5.5%.

I think this development is not bad for own stay but rental returns is a question mark. The 2 bedders will have a nice view of the reservoir. The 3-bedders are mainly golf club views. Take note that management fees are quite high esp for the strata houses. And you have to maintain your own private jacuzzi.

There were quite a number of people who handed in blank cheques but I am not sure what will be the actual take up rate when the final pricing is announced.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 11:28
So which view would you prefer, golf view or reservoir view? :o

Personally I would prefer reservoir view. But only the 2 bedders and one stack of 3 or 4 bedders (stack 18) have good reservoir views. Stack 18 is the best stack for the view (has both golf and reservoir view). But is not released. I think they would save the best for later and release at a higher price. That stack is also nearest to the main road (and close to the school). Upp Thomson Rd can get quite noisy on the high floors.

I think for a single person or couple with one kid, the 2 bedder is nice for own stay (and to get the kid into Ai Tong sch). They released stacks 2 and 5 for these. The morning reservoir view should be spectacular and the 2 bedders are facing north-west so will not be as hot as the 3 and 4 bedders which have more of a westerly facing. If I have such a family size, I wouldn't mind the 2 bedder. There's no space for a maid's room.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 11:33
I mean walking distance to MRT which seems impossible. If need to take shuttle bus to MRT, then its a discount already. One thing about Cheung Kong is it is really bad in design and architecture. Is this catered to the China taste? Why the the 6 buildings lining up in a line with little thought and so close to one another? Makes the place seem so cramped. Surely they can do something better to blend better with the landscape?

If the Thomson Line MRT is next to Bishan Park Secondary School, it will be within walking distance. But the station location is not finalized yet. Although the forum members in Skyscraper forum strongly favour this location. Currently there is no MRT within walking distance.

I think the development is catered to China/HK taste. If you don't like that "grand" look, then it's not for you. The Clubhouse is supposed to be fashioned after the Faberge egg.

mantrix
27-06-11, 11:35
I see a lot of comments on the Thomson Line. Seems like everyone has the idea it can anyhow cut here cut there to serve the densest communities with most voters.

Unfortunately, Thomson line HAS TO follow the path of the instrastructure - pls bear that in mind

Wild Falcon
27-06-11, 11:39
Thanks for the clarification. But I've heard other speculation that says the station won't be near. My sentiments - looks like this is clearly catered more to the PRC taste with grand chandeliars, even the name "GRAND" gives it away.

If the Thomson Line MRT is next to Bishan Park Secondary School, it will be within walking distance. But the station location is not finalized yet. Although the forum members in Skyscraper forum strongly favour this location. Currently there is no MRT within walking distance.

I think the development is catered to China/HK taste. If you don't like that "grand" look, then it's not for you. The Clubhouse is supposed to be fashioned after the Faberge egg.

devilplate
27-06-11, 11:57
agree. just put in another 100k for ID and it is like new.

not jus ID....goto change doors, pipings, water heater, wiring....lots of hacking needed to restore back to brandnew condition

wiring and leaking pipes big headache for me.....u will understand y if u r using MIO package from singtel....old tel line will keep dropping ur connection.........rusty water pipes....leaking pipes in ur bathrooms.....concealed pipes leaking and sweating within ur walls.....

tats create an irony for concealed wiring n pipes unlike older HDB whrby u see exposed pipes which makes replacement much easier and much less hacking needed

tats only within ur unit which u can change up to 80% of the wiring n pipes...certain area cannot access and u cant change 100% of ur pipes n wiring.....so how abt common area....ur old lift.....old swimming pools....crack tiles.....old equipment in the gym.....old clubhse.....got billard table but so old and useless.....carpark got leaking etc.....and tats not within ur control...repair work may take a long process as it involve sinking fund

chiaberry
27-06-11, 11:57
I see a lot of comments on the Thomson Line. Seems like everyone has the idea it can anyhow cut here cut there to serve the densest communities with most voters.

Unfortunately, Thomson line HAS TO follow the path of the instrastructure - pls bear that in mind

I also felt that it should follow the path of the infrastructure and that they cannot anyhow tunnel under many blocks of HDB flats. That would seem logical to me. But the forum members of skyscraper forum are very strong in their belief that the stations should be in the areas with the most HDB population. To the extent of demolishing blocks of HDB flats to site the MRT station right in the middle of Kebun Bahru. :scared-5:

I would have though it made more sense from the engineering point of view to route it along Upp Thomson Road rather than cut through heavily built up areas. And being in the middle of AMK/Kebun Bahru would make it rather close to the NSL>

devilplate
27-06-11, 12:05

i quite like their siteplan design n concept leh....but i dun like their interior layout

mantrix
27-06-11, 12:49
I also felt that it should follow the path of the infrastructure and that they cannot anyhow tunnel under many blocks of HDB flats. That would seem logical to me. But the forum members of skyscraper forum are very strong in their belief that the stations should be in the areas with the most HDB population. To the extent of demolishing blocks of HDB flats to site the MRT station right in the middle of Kebun Bahru. :scared-5:

I would have though it made more sense from the engineering point of view to route it along Upp Thomson Road rather than cut through heavily built up areas. And being in the middle of AMK/Kebun Bahru would make it rather close to the NSL>

2 words...vested interest...they try to justify their wishes instead of following plain logic. I see some saying TSL diverting to Lentor (?? What about YCK mrt? If there is any to serve there it will be along NSL)

It will have to be along upper thomson, to sembawang, then turn left towards mandai (rem depot is there - there shld be one mandai station so easy access to zoo) - then cut through orchidville towards woodlands.

Bulldozing through blocks of HDBs so some netizens can have their wish (they not only want NSL, NSE but also TSL) is well...:D

They should have Circle line and EWL spring one branch to their downstep also

amk
27-06-11, 12:58
u mean the show flat not yet ready ?? then what's the point of heavy advertising in the papers ? I'm surprised.... HK developers usually very good at marketing.. how can this happen ? Justin Chiu better watch ur back ..

chiaberry
27-06-11, 13:03
2 words...vested interest...they try to justify their wishes instead of following plain logic. I see some saying TSL diverting to Lentor (?? What about YCK mrt? If there is any to serve there it will be along NSL)

It will have to be along upper thomson, to sembawang, then turn left towards mandai (rem depot is there - there shld be one mandai station so easy access to zoo) - then cut through orchidville towards woodlands.

Bulldozing through blocks of HDBs so some netizens can have their wish (they not only want NSL, NSE but also TSL) is well...:D

I think it would be easier for TSL to be built along Upp Thomson and safer for the high buildings not to have major tunnellings under them. I remember one of the Ministers comments something along the line that future MRT stations may not necessarily cater to the HDB but also to landed housing estates. I hope the current Minister will not suddenly change tack to boost his popularity in the next election by doing what the netizens want and planting the MRT right in the middle of densely populated Kebun Bahru which as another forum member here has said does not have much spare land in the centre of it (and too near the existing NSL too).

If going along Upp Thomson Road, perhaps Thomson Grand might have a chance of a station within walking distance too. There is a plot of land at the junction of Upp Thomson and AMK Ave 1 and also at Venus Road (leading to SICC). The agent was somewhat hinting to me about the possibility of a station at the Upp Thomson/AMK Ave 1 junction but I pooh-poohed the idea as the netizens did not support this location at all.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 13:09
u mean the show flat not yet ready ?? then what's the point of heavy advertising in the papers ? I'm surprised.... HK developers usually very good at marketing.. how can this happen ? Justin Chiu better watch ur back ..

It's their marketing strategy. Now giving early bird discount. 4.5 - 5.5% can add up to a lot when the 2-bedders are going at around 1.4mill. They said when the show flat is up, NO MORE EARLY BIRD discount. That is their gimmick haha.

cl0ver
27-06-11, 13:13
i thought there were reforms recently to prevent agents collecting blank cheques??

chiaberry
27-06-11, 13:18
i thought there were reforms recently to prevent agents collecting blank cheques??

Is that so? Anyway, I have never done such a thing in my life (ie hand in blank cheque) and not prepared to do so.

fclim
27-06-11, 13:18

Saw the pathetic ads in the papers last Friday. So funny, I wanted to laugh. Disgustingly snobbish for the rich and shameless. For a while, I thought it was an ad by SICC. You mean living close to SICC is a privilege meh? I do not see any mention of their facilities or how good the project is. Only how good SICC is.:tongue3:

They want to give the impression that because of SICC, the area is full of rich and well heeled people; the creme de la creme of Singapore; the Elites... Ha ha. The rich play in SICC, but live in Bt Timah, Holland and other more central areas.

The last joke was the mention of the proximity to the MRT. Rich people got take or be bothered by MRT meh?

I wonder how many carpark lots this project has. Rich people usually own up to 5 cars per family. ha ha..

chiaberry
27-06-11, 13:22
Saw the pathetic ads in the papers last Friday. So funny, I wanted to laugh. Disgustingly snobbish for the rich and shameless. For a while, I thought it was an ad by SICC. You mean living close to SICC is a privilege meh? I do not see any mention of their facilities or how good the project is. Only how good SICC is.:tongue3:

They want to give the impression that because of SICC, the area is full of rich and well heeled people; the creme de la creme of Singapore; the Elites... Ha ha. The rich play in SICC, but live in Bt Timah, Holland and other more central areas.

The last joke was the mention of the proximity to the MRT. Rich people got take or be bothered by MRT meh?

I wonder how many carpark lots this project has. Rich people usually own up to 5 cars per family. ha ha..

The ads were not good. Puts people off (Singaporeans) by being so ridiculously ostentatious.

Yes that's the other issue that I have with this devt. Despite supposedly for the rich and well-heeled, you wouldn't believe that it only has a few (?was it 8) more car park lots than the number of units available. The strata houses have their own (but of course it's included in their psf). There are NO VISITOR car park lots. So.....how they expect residents to entertain their guests I don't know. :doh:

proud owner
27-06-11, 13:45
The ads were not good. Puts people off (Singaporeans) by being so ridiculously ostentatious.

Yes that's the other issue that I have with this devt. Despite supposedly for the rich and well-heeled, you wouldn't believe that it only has a few (?was it 8) more car park lots than the number of units available. The strata houses have their own (but of course it's included in their psf). There are NO VISITOR car park lots. So.....how they expect residents to entertain their guests I don't know. :doh:

take MRT ... :banghead:

fclim
27-06-11, 13:48
I wonder what the SICC has to say about the ads. A disproportionate amount of ad space is devoted to SICC. It would appear that they endorse this project and it's snob appeal. I don't think the SICC mgt is happy with it.

Wah piang, if I live here, I am upper class because of SICC. Then what if I live at Hedges Park, near Changi Prison.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 13:51
For all we know, SICC might be in some way not displeased with the ads. I understand they are trying to sell Term Memberships. This is indirectly free advertising for them right? A full page ad in our papers does not come cheap.

ysyap
27-06-11, 13:51
So buying Thomson G is like buying toto or 4D. Now buy at $1400 psf then when final plans come out that MRT is right beside, then prices will rise to $1600 psf upon TOP then rise further to $1800 psf when MRT is completed. But if MRT is far far away, then prices may not rise anymore! :scared-4:

proud owner
27-06-11, 13:52
For all we know, SICC might be in some way not displeased with the ads. I understand they are trying to sell Term Memberships. This is indirectly free advertising for them right? A full page ad in our papers does not come cheap.

part of the 1400 psf goes to the full page ads ...

ysyap
27-06-11, 13:56
So what attraction does this project offer to buyers? Any innovative and outstanding features or themes that run in this project that appeals? At $1400 psf, it better offer something! :)

chiaberry
27-06-11, 13:58
So buying Thomson G is like buying toto or 4D. Now buy at $1400 psf then when final plans come out that MRT is right beside, then prices will rise to $1600 psf upon TOP then rise further to $1800 psf when MRT is completed. But if MRT is far far away, then prices may not rise anymore! :scared-4:

Buying any property at this point in time is like buying toto or 4D. The market can go either way. Can buy only if holding power is strong. You won't be seeing the same rate of capital appreciation as in the past. Not until the Govt should remove the CM esp the SSD.

ysyap
27-06-11, 14:02
Buying any property at this point in time is like buying toto or 4D. The market can go either way. Can buy only if holding power is strong. You won't be seeing the same rate of capital appreciation as in the past. Not until the Govt should remove the CM esp the SSD.Much as we hoped they will be removed, I seriously doubt the govt will take away those CMs introduced recently. As long as the market remains strong (even the recent report that HDB COV has risen is not helpful), CMs remain and potentially more might be coming! :doh:

ay123
27-06-11, 14:03

they already said is for the rich mah. do u see li ka shing drive? rich has ah mak to drive them around and standby 24/7 so no need car park

Wild Falcon
27-06-11, 14:04
$1400 already priced in future MRT which may NOT be there. In short, if got MRT, not much upside. If no MRT, than drop. Near country club is unique selling point? So downside risk greater. Anyway, secali sold out! Haha!

Buying any property at this point in time is like buying toto or 4D. The market can go either way. Can buy only if holding power is strong. You won't be seeing the same rate of capital appreciation as in the past. Not until the Govt should remove the CM esp the SSD.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:04
part of the 1400 psf goes to the full page ads ...

ya lor. And ? to the property agents? 2 teams of agents trying to sell this devt. Or do they only get paid for the blank cheques and commission on what they sell?

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:05
they already said is for the rich mah. do u see li ka shing drive? rich has ah mak to drive them around and standby 24/7 so no need car park

I was going to make that reply. You beat me to it. :D

proud owner
27-06-11, 14:06

meanwhile ...just like in China and HK ...these drivers will be waiting in their cars ... stopped along some inner roads ...in the landed estate ...or anywhere else nearby ..but outside the condo ...

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:08
$1400 already priced in future MRT which may NOT be there. In short, if got MRT, not much upside. If no MRT, than drop. Near country club is unique selling point? So downside risk greater. Anyway, secali sold out! Haha!

I also think this pricing is too ambitious for a fast sell-out. But let us not underestimate the marketing strategy or the agents.

The main selling points are the private lift lobby to each unit (may not be that attractive to you but might be to others eg Hongkies or PRCs) and the good views). And the "grand" clubhouse (again maybe not to our native Singaporean taste but might appeal to ppl from other countries).

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:11
meanwhile ...just like in China and HK ...these drivers will be waiting in their cars ... stopped along some inner roads ...in the landed estate ...or anywhere else nearby ..but outside the condo ...

Sin Ming Walk (the road leading to the condo) is a VERY wide road. Plenty of space for them to wait there.

ysyap
27-06-11, 14:13
I also think this pricing is too ambitious for a fast sell-out. But let us not underestimate the marketing strategy or the agents.

The main selling points are the private lift lobby to each unit (may not be that attractive to you but might be to others eg Hongkies or PRCs) and the good views). And the "grand" clubhouse (again maybe not to our native Singaporean taste but might appeal to ppl from other countries).Lifts may not appeal that great due. The Sunshine at D19 has lift opening into the homes of residents but the resale price of that project was one of the last to rise in that area. Even after NEX mall came along, it's price was still struggling to appreciate! Personally I think personal lift access is cool! :cool:

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:22
Maybe this might be a good place for the rich tycoons to hide their mistresses/2nd wives. Private lift lobby is good for them. Just swing by in their chauffeur driven cars for a visit. And the mistress is not likely to bump into the first wife here (she would be based in CCR/D9, 10, 11). Hmmmmm........

ysyap
27-06-11, 14:23
Someone's having ideas for alternative lifestyle! :D

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:27
Someone's having ideas for alternative lifestyle! :D

Maybe there's some things about the way rich HK/PRC tycoons operate that we don't know about. Singaporeans are too "guai". ;)

ysyap
27-06-11, 14:35
So is the showflat ready? Need to look at the finishings! :D

chiaberry
27-06-11, 14:39
So is the showflat ready? Need to look at the finishings! :D

Not yet ready. I think the agent said 2nd July or 6th July was the deadline for submitting the "blank cheques" for the early bird discount before the show room opens. The living/dining will be marble the bedrooms will be timber strips (not parquet). I didn't ask about the rest (was in a hurry to go off).

ysyap
27-06-11, 14:42
Not yet ready. I think the agent said 2nd July or 6th July was the deadline for submitting the "blank cheques" for the early bird discount before the show room opens. The living/dining will be marble the bedrooms will be timber strips (not parquet). I didn't ask about the rest (was in a hurry to go off).Well, living/dining marble and bedrooms timber strips is what I got for my FH in D19 and 500m from MRT at only $950 psf purchased at beginning of this year! Then again the price have since risen to $1200 psf but still, Thomson G at $1400 psf, I'm not convinced! :D. I have no mistress to hide!!! Hahahaha! :p

wind30
27-06-11, 14:56

err... I think skyscraper city people are not like that... are you talking about people here? The route they planned is based on information released on tender documents and most of the regulars are not property mad, I think.

It is the other way round lah... people in this forum are the ones with VESTED interest.

It is not that difficult to tunnel MRT through AMK. If you cannot do it in AMK which is an OLD estate with wide roads and walkways, how do tunnel through the city area????

I grew up in TPY when they were building the NS line. I never saw they tore down any HDB to build Braddel MRT near my flat.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 15:03
Well, living/dining marble and bedrooms timber strips is what I got for my FH in D19 and 500m from MRT at only $950 psf purchased at beginning of this year! Then again the price have since risen to $1200 psf but still, Thomson G at $1400 psf, I'm not convinced! :D. I have no mistress to hide!!! Hahahaha! :p

Yours is a better buy. Congrats.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 15:05
err... I think skyscraper city people are not like that... are you talking about people here? The route they planned is based on information released on tender documents and most of the regulars are not property mad, I think.

It is the other way round lah... people in this forum are the ones with VESTED interest.

It is not that difficult to tunnel MRT through AMK. If you cannot do it in AMK which is an OLD estate with wide roads and walkways, how do tunnel through the city area????

I grew up in TPY when they were building the NS line. I never saw they tore down any HDB to build Braddel MRT near my flat.

Nobody will know for sure until the station locations are announced. It's all speculation at this stage still.

ysyap
27-06-11, 15:52
Nobody will know for sure until the station locations are announced. It's all speculation at this stage still.Those who are involved in the decision on the location of the stations will probably have discussed such matters many times over! Maybe can ask people in LTA if they heard anything! :D

chiaberry
27-06-11, 16:11
Those who are involved in the decision on the location of the stations will probably have discussed such matters many times over! Maybe can ask people in LTA if they heard anything! :D

They are "sworn to secrecy" over TSL, I believe. Brother/sister mantrix has some knowledge of their discussions but better not to press because job may be at stake if leaked out.

devilplate
27-06-11, 16:48
Is that so? Anyway, I have never done such a thing in my life (ie hand in blank cheque) and not prepared to do so.
Done it few times oredi me....seriously no harm one la...i always put in low low offer px range....if exceed my range n 100% of the times it is, den i decide to go ahead anot lor....

Buy new launches advantage is u get to buy ur choicest choiced units....if not y pay more compared to resale n goto wait 3-4yrs....

So if u dun submit chq, u will not get the best stack n high flr unit.
Even during downturn, aso goto submit chq n rush down...wharf res and lucida for eg.:doh: caspian and mi casa also....for mi casa, i refused to submit chq n ended up cannot get any high flr park facing units...anyway no regret bcoz px din increase much...hehe

ysyap
27-06-11, 16:50
Done it few times oredi me....seriously no harm one la...i always put in low low offer px range....if exceed my range n 100% of the times it is, den i decide to go ahead anot lor....

Buy new launches advantage is u get to buy ur choicest choiced units....if not y pay more compared to resale n goto wait 3-4yrs....

Even during downturn, aso goto submit chq n rush down...wharf res and lucida for eg.:doh: caspian and mi casa also....for mi casa, i refused to submit chq n ended up cannot get any high flr park facing units...anyway no regret bcoz px din increase much...heheSo you submitted a cheque with a low offer and not one that is blank for the agent to fill up for you? I usually only submit one that is a low offer and if accepted, I'll be happy. If not, I'll decide again! :D

devilplate
27-06-11, 16:56
So you submitted a cheque with a low offer and not one that is blank for the agent to fill up for you? I usually only submit one that is a low offer and if accepted, I'll be happy. If not, I'll decide again! :D
Submit blank chq but sign tne authorisaton form lah which will indicate ur comfortable px range....

ysyap
27-06-11, 16:57
Submit blank chq but sign tne authorisaton form lah which will indicate ur comfortable px range....Thx for clarifying! :)

kane
27-06-11, 18:31

those guys base it on the tentative names suggested as well the distances between the stations. If they run a line along upper thomson, they'll be missing the areas they suggested and they'll not be aable to achieve the objective of a station within 10mins of every home going forward.

chiaberry
27-06-11, 20:26
Submit blank chq but sign tne authorisaton form lah which will indicate ur comfortable px range....

What happens if there's more than one person who had the same unit as their first choice? Bidding war? Ballot?

ysyap
27-06-11, 20:43
What happens if there's more than one person who had the same unit as their first choice? Bidding war? Ballot?No need to ballot. Just call both parties and ask them to counter offer. Whoever offers higher wins! Ballot means no increase in price of unit. Developers want :2cents: so just out-offer can liao! :D

chiaberry
27-06-11, 21:37
No need to ballot. Just call both parties and ask them to counter offer. Whoever offers higher wins! Ballot means no increase in price of unit. Developers want :2cents: so just out-offer can liao! :D

***faints*** :eek: this is the way the "blank cheque" method works? Thanks for explaining. :o

Obviously it's a long time since I bought a unit direct from developer.

Rysk
27-06-11, 21:38

Think price is too steep for the project to be sold at $1.4kpsf
If I compare it with The Arte...

TG vs Arte:
- LH vs FH
- 1400psf vs 1250psf
- Uncompleted vs Just TOP
- Beside Upper Thomson vs Beside Thomson Rd
- Shuttle to Bishan MRT vs Shuttle to Novena MRT
- 15mins to Orchard cum ERP vs 7mins to Orchard with no ERP via CTE or Thomson Rd
- Suburban vs City Fringe

Antione
27-06-11, 21:43

The vast carpark and 4-storey HDB surrounding Mayflower market is actually very ideal for a MRT station site.
In fact, the whole area could be demolished and replaced with a shopping Mall and a Condo. You can imagine how high the land price can reap.
With St. Nicholas, Keban Bahru MRT and AMK West Town Park at close vicinity, the price could easily help LTA pay for the MRT station construction.

ysyap
27-06-11, 21:45
Think price is too steep for the project to be sold at $1.4kpsf
If I compare it with The Arte...

TG vs Arte:
- LH vs FH
- 1400psf vs 1250psf
- Uncompleted vs Just TOP
- Beside Upper Thomson vs Beside Thomson Rd
- Shuttle to Bishan MRT vs Shuttle to Novena MRT
- 15mins to Orchard cum ERP vs 7mins to Orchard with no ERP via CTE or Thomson Rd
- Suburban vs City FringeAnd don't forget reservoir view vs PIE view! :D But Arte is definitely more value for money! :cheers1:

kingkong1984
27-06-11, 21:50

Even during downturn, aso goto submit chq n rush down...wharf res and lucida for eg.:doh: caspian and mi casa also....for mi casa, i refused to submit chq n ended up cannot get any high flr park facing units...anyway no regret bcoz px din increase much...hehe
Be patient, park facing units will shine once top and the park beautified. Still a value buy I would say. Those who wants unblock views should go for it.
:cool:

devilplate
27-06-11, 22:10
What happens if there's more than one person who had the same unit as their first choice? Bidding war? Ballot?
Balloting or first come first serve....remember some projects agts queue overnite last time?

But tat yap BS la....nvr come across bidding war la:tongue3:

amk
27-06-11, 22:13
Hey must be positive ;) jurong can sell 1200, why upper Thomson cannot 1400 ? ;)

devilplate
27-06-11, 22:13
Be patient, park facing units will shine once top and the park beautified. Still a value buy I would say. Those who wants unblock views should go for it.
:cool:
No value buy for park facing...even low flr park facing asking ard 800psf....i wAnt 750psf above 10th flr park facing....got any anot....:rolleyes:

devilplate
27-06-11, 22:15
Hey must be positive ;) jurong can sell 1200, why upper Thomson cannot 1400 ? ;)
Centris is a special case....only one condo tat n on top of mega mall....

Upp thomson such a long road.....hehe

I want viva at 1500psf leh:p

ysyap
27-06-11, 22:20
Balloting or first come first serve....remember some projects agts queue overnite last time?

But tat yap BS la....nvr come across bidding war la:tongue3:Hahaha! No need bidding war... I've come across agents who play cheat like that lor but not during first day of launch lah! Its for project still BUC but when time is not a factor so they say over the weekend and then collected two cheques and started the crazy idea to earn that extra bit of commission! :doh: Not sure with the new rulings for housing agents, have such practices been curtailed! :D

Rysk
27-06-11, 22:28
And don't forget reservoir view vs PIE view! :D But Arte is definitely more value for money! :cheers1:

The Arte also have stack with city view lah.. if you are high enough, can even see full city view..Orchard..MBS..& maybe fireworks

mantrix
27-06-11, 22:30
agree no need to debate about how TSL should run lah....

but logic speaks for itself

keep my mouth shut till locations announced lah :cool: (and maybe continue to keep shut)