PDA

View Full Version : THE MILTONIA RESIDENCES - Miltonia Close @ Yishun, By Hoi Hup Sunway Miltonia Pte Ltd

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

aang1971
19-05-13, 12:01
Normally, actual TOP is earlier than legal TOP by about one year (i.e., end 2014). If can TOP even earlier is like a bonus. Are you all stayers or investors? I'm a stayer :)

Stayer...other projects which invested not so kanchong as it will take care of itself

But a place u want to stay...there is some excitement....no?

aang1971
19-05-13, 12:02
Stayer...other projects which invested not so kanchong as it will take care of itself

Especially everyday drive pass Nauticals and the progress there is damn fast

Tortoisespeedsir
19-05-13, 13:46
Maybe they do not want to repeat the toa payoh dbss quality issues in MR?

BTW, they had already started to build the block by the road side, so in a way still by the time line as per my understanding. The worker quarter will be demolished once that block by the sub station completes. If that happens, stayers are safe.

swlg0814
19-05-13, 15:29

Excited ... I guess so, but of course if they take longer time better than rushing than doing a poor job.

swlg0814
19-05-13, 15:30
Maybe they do not want to repeat the toa payoh dbss quality issues in MR?

BTW, they had already started to build the block by the road side, so in a way still by the time line as per my understanding. The worker quarter will be demolished once that block by the sub station completes. If that happens, stayers are safe.

Yea, lets hope they do a good job.

shareidiot
27-05-13, 11:27
Hi, anyone here has pictures of MR showflats ? I didnt take any picture at that time.....

Seems there are quite a handful of negative feedback from owners relating to Estuary...... Hope MR is acceptable ....

swlg0814
27-05-13, 11:29
Hi, anyone here has pictures of MR showflats ? I didnt take any picture at that time.....

Seems there are quite a handful of negative feedback from owners relating to Estuary...... Hope MR is acceptable ....

Sorry I didn't take pics, but curious to know what were the negative feedback. Who were the developers?

shareidiot
27-05-13, 17:11
Hi, kindly read the Estuary thread (last few pages starting from end April 2013).

You will understand the real problems with their units (after TOP).

Sorry I didn't take pics, but curious to know what were the negative feedback. Who were the developers?

Komo
27-05-13, 20:49
Hi, kindly read the Estuary thread (last few pages starting from end April 2013).

You will understand the real problems with their units (after TOP).
mei shi mei shi .... at least they have can do attitude :D :D

shareidiot
27-05-13, 20:58
Yes, i understand that some of the issues have been rectify. Hope Estuary owners can eventually resolve the security, carpark, et cetera issues..... :)

mei shi mei shi .... at least they have can do attitude :D :D

swlg0814
27-05-13, 21:51
I was just reading SM thread and found out that there is a new international school coming up nearby :)

Any idea what school is that?

shareidiot
27-05-13, 21:56
GEM International School. News was out quite some time already.... :rolleyes:

I was just reading SM thread and found out that there is a new international school coming up nearby :)

Any idea what school is that?

sky61
28-05-13, 00:25

there was a detailed write up on monday straits times main paper.

swlg0814
28-05-13, 10:02

Thanks, just saw in today's papers too. Hopefully it wouldn't mean more traffic congestion.

shareidiot
28-05-13, 10:15
Congestion???
GEM is targetting 3000 pupils (@ full capacity).
Reckon property prices at its vicinity may increase, due to the demand from GEM & Aerospace hub.
You take 1, you lose 1.
Like those who stay very near to MRT station. They need to bear with the daily noise from the track & road. However, they enjoy the convenience. :)

Thanks, just saw in today's papers too. Hopefully it wouldn't mean more traffic congestion.

swlg0814
28-05-13, 10:20
Congestion???
GEM is targetting 3000 pupils (@ full capacity).
Reckon property prices at its vicinity may increase, due to the demand from GEM & Aerospace hub.
You take 1, you lose 1.
Like those who stay very near to MRT station. They need to bear with the daily noise from the track & road. However, they enjoy the convenience. :)

But we are further away and deeper inside, so not as badly affected by traffic and no effect in terms of noise? Flip side is better rental prospects :)

shareidiot
28-05-13, 10:21
Thanks, I just read it @ Business Times....

Hopefully, MR TOP around same time (Sep 2014), ..... :cool:

there was a detailed write up on monday straits times main paper.

shareidiot
28-05-13, 10:30
I hope so too (rental prospect), since I bought MR for investment... :ashamed1:

But we are further away and deeper inside, so not as badly affected by traffic and no effect in terms of noise? Flip side is better rental prospects :)

shareidiot
28-05-13, 10:38
Someone is trying to sell 2BR @ SGD 1 mil.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14487796/for-sale-miltonia-residences

After deducting stamp duty & agency fees etc.... what is the estimated net gain from this sale ? Anyone can enlighten ? Just curiously asking. Thanks.

swlg0814
28-05-13, 10:48
Someone is trying to sell 2BR @ SGD 1 mil.

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/14487796/for-sale-miltonia-residences

After deducting stamp duty & agency fees etc.... what is the estimated net gain from this sale ? Anyone can enlighten ? Just curiously asking. Thanks.

I think there is a 12% Seller Stamp Duty still chargeable? Plus 1-2% agent commission and around $2.5K legal fee = so net proceeds is $857K or so? I suppose can make profit of about $50K-80K after less buyer stamp duty/legal fee when he first bought. Not really worth flipping for that amount I feel ...

sky61
28-05-13, 11:09
Thanks, I just read it @ Business Times....

Hopefully, MR TOP around same time (Sep 2014), ..... :cool:

From the looks of it, maybe end 2014...they just started on my block and my walls are fully up. still some time to go before i even pay the next 10%..so far only 30%(including 20% down).

sky61
28-05-13, 11:11
I think there is a 12% Seller Stamp Duty still chargeable? Plus 1-2% agent commission and around $2.5K legal fee = so net proceeds is $857K or so? I suppose can make profit of about $50K-80K after less buyer stamp duty/legal fee when he first bought. Not really worth flipping for that amount I feel ...

when u sell a property, do u as a seller have to pay legal fees? won't that be borne by the buyer? or u as a seller have to look for ur own lawyer and deal wif the buyer's lawyer?

shareidiot
28-05-13, 11:19
Exactly.... not worth flipping ...

Besides, my loan @ very competitive rate (can't get that kind of spread anymore).....

shareidiot
28-05-13, 11:20
Huh, you only pay 30% so far ...?...
Wow... progress is really getting slower @ MR.

From the looks of it, maybe end 2014...they just started on my block and my walls are fully up. still some time to go before i even pay the next 10%..so far only 30%(including 20% down).

aang1971
28-05-13, 12:08

That what I have been telling the agents who tried to sell Sea Estra or Kovan to me.

For investment, I will not consider Hoi Hup development, as I want to turn my investment asap.

Their construction progress totally put me off

It will be a joke if Nautical and SM TOP before MR/

swlg0814
28-05-13, 13:01
when u sell a property, do u as a seller have to pay legal fees? won't that be borne by the buyer? or u as a seller have to look for ur own lawyer and deal wif the buyer's lawyer?

Yea, if I recall correctly under the new ruling seller has to pay seller's portion.

swlg0814
28-05-13, 13:03
Exactly.... not worth flipping ...

Besides, my loan @ very competitive rate (can't get that kind of spread anymore).....

What's your spread? Mine is 1.05% + sibor but with interest offset feature

shareidiot
28-05-13, 13:03
LOL.... Hoi Hup so slow ah ....

However, looking at the other side, better do a good job (slow) than be fast.

Wonder when CR TOP ? Their developer very fast. Hope all interior quality is as per expectation. Happy for them! :)

That what I have been telling the agents who tried to sell Sea Estra or Kovan to me.

For investment, I will not consider Hoi Hup development, as I want to turn my investment asap.

shareidiot
28-05-13, 13:04
My spread is 0.65% :ashamed1: .

Yours 1M sibor? Mine @ 3M

BTW, what is "interest offset feature" ah? Kindly elaborate.

What's your spread? Mine is 1.05% + sibor but with interest offset feature

swlg0814
28-05-13, 13:04
LOL.... Hoi Hup so slow ah ....

However, looking at the other side, better do a good job (slow) then be fast.

Wonder when CR TOP ? Their developer very fast. Hope all interior quality is as per expectation. Happy for them! :)

Yea, hopefully slow and steady wins the race...fast no good if shoddy job

swlg0814
28-05-13, 13:05
My spread is 0.65% :ashamed1: .

Yours 1M sibor? Mine @ 3M

Wah, yours is good spread. Mine is 3M. However, I am effectively paying no interest now with the offset feature.

shareidiot
28-05-13, 13:08
mmm... so what is the 'savings' on the 'offset feature' ? Not possible to calculate ?

Anyway, my spread is applicable throughout tenor. I think it is really a good deal.

Wah, yours is good spread. Mine is 3M. However, I am effectively paying no interest now with the offset feature.

swlg0814
28-05-13, 13:13
mmm... so what is the 'savings' on the 'offset feature' ? Not possible to calculate ?

Anyway, my spread is applicable throughout tenor. I think it is really a good deal.

Hard to calculate since it depends on your bank balance and prevailing interest rates. If rates suddenly shoot up then you benefit more. For now, I am earning about 1% on my balance which offsets the interest. For me, it solves the headache of putting my money somewhere safe yet giving good returns. But I think you got a really good deal - which bank? Mine SCB.

shareidiot
28-05-13, 15:10
DBS ...
I heard other forummers saying there were times when spread was only 0.5% !

Hard to calculate since it depends on your bank balance and prevailing interest rates. If rates suddenly shoot up then you benefit more. For now, I am earning about 1% on my balance which offsets the interest. For me, it solves the headache of putting my money somewhere safe yet giving good returns. But I think you got a really good deal - which bank? Mine SCB.

swlg0814
28-05-13, 19:44
DBS ...

wow. what is the offer spread now?

shareidiot
28-05-13, 20:05
Someone mentioned spread @0.90 in end March.

Not sure about current.

wow. what is the offer spread now?

Komo
28-05-13, 21:40
DBS ...
First 3 years only ?

shareidiot
28-05-13, 22:02
Mine is throughout tenor. 3M sibor + 0.65%
As for the forummer who claimed spread of 0.5%, it is also for throughout....
As for the forummer who mentioned 0.95% spread in end March (in another thread), think it is only for 3Yrs. I may be wrong.

First 3 years only ?

swlg0814
29-05-13, 12:13
Mine is throughout tenor. 3M sibor + 0.65%
As for the forummer who claimed spread of 0.5%, it is also for throughout....
As for the forummer who mentioned 0.95% spread in end March (in another thread), think it is only for 3Yrs. I may be wrong.

Oops...I meant mine is 1.05% + 1M sibor, so right now is about 1.36% and with interest offset.

Stkl
29-05-13, 19:33
Was at OCC for lunch. View from driving range shows first row already painted.

The row facing road as well as stack 34 n 35 starting to build, but 3 months late.

Err the rubbish chute seems complted and painted??

Hi people,

I'm also 1 of the owner in MR. Currently I'm still on my 30% too bcos mine is the block right infront of the road. So I guess it will take a while before I start paying the remaining.

Hope to know more stayer here.

shareidiot
29-05-13, 19:44
Hi, welcome to the forum. So yours 840 ft2?

Hi people,

I'm also 1 of the owner in MR. Currently I'm still on my 30% too bcos mine is the block right infront of the road. So I guess it will take a while before I start paying the remaining.

sky61
29-05-13, 19:53
Hi people,

hi future neighbour:cool-punk-headbange

Stkl
29-05-13, 20:08
Hi, welcome to the forum. So yours 840 ft2?

Nope mine is the 980ft

Stkl
29-05-13, 20:09
hi future neighbour:cool-punk-headbange

Hi Hi :cheers3:

swlg0814
29-05-13, 20:23
Hi people,

Welcome! I'm a stayer too :)

sky61
29-05-13, 21:11
Hi Hi :cheers3:

Great! i'm 980 too. u are 66 rite? we are next door neighbours :cheers4:. Can source for electric blinds together. Curtain too ex and troublesome for the high ceiling.

aang1971
29-05-13, 21:42
Hi neighbor

I am in front of you guys at 35....any stacks 35?

aang1971
29-05-13, 23:07
Hi neighbor

asuranzara
29-05-13, 23:23
Hi neighbor

Same row as you, stack 51 :)

aang1971
29-05-13, 23:57
Hello hello

Tortoisespeedsir
30-05-13, 00:07

initiate in cm7 for controlling investors
1st year 16% ssd of mkt value whichever is higher
2nd year 12% ssd
3rd year 8% ssd
4th year 4% ssd
5th year only buyer stamp

lazy to find the site for number accuracy but should be along that line

Tortoisespeedsir
30-05-13, 00:09

To make everyone feel better, mine is by the road. I only paid 10% til date. I love the lady boss from stc. Really slow and steady

Tortoisespeedsir
30-05-13, 00:14
Great! i'm 980 too. u are 66 rite? we are next door neighbours :cheers4:. Can source for electric blinds together. Curtain too ex and troublesome for the high ceiling.

So who is on top of who now? I m 66 too. I love the numbers on the unit I chose.

548= "wo si fat" in Cantonese

shareidiot
30-05-13, 08:06
Hi, 10% means 30% (20% downpayment & 10% bank disbursement).

What is STC?

To make everyone feel better, mine is by the road. I only paid 10% til date. I love the lady boss from stc. Really slow and steady

Tortoisespeedsir
30-05-13, 08:49
Hi, 10% means 30% (20% downpayment & 10% bank disbursement).

What is STC?

short for straits construction, the sister to the developer Hoi hup who builds our beautiful home.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 09:40
Just had a look at stack 51 & 66 layout. C1 type 3BR @ 1023ft2. Good & adequate layout to live in as a family, with large balcony..... :rolleyes:

The only problem (for all MR units including mine) is no storage (utility room).

If anyone of you have good ideas how to overcome this 'problem', kindly share. Thanks.

swlg0814
30-05-13, 11:42
Just had a look at stack 51 & 66 layout. C1 type 3BR @ 1023ft2. Good & adequate layout to live in as a family, with large balcony..... :rolleyes:

The only problem (for all MR units including mine) is no storage (utility room).

If anyone of you have good ideas how to overcome this 'problem', kindly share. Thanks.

Mine is type B2 (stack 17) - planning to convert dining area to open study with built in cabinet for storage. Then have al fresco dining at balcony :)

Another idea is to buy divan bed - currently using one, very good to store luggage bags, bedsheets etc.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 11:54
Yup, I remembered we discussed similar idea (last mth) before...

Mine is type B2 (stack 17) - planning to convert dining area to open study with built in cabinet for storage. Then have al fresco dining at balcony :)

Another idea is to buy divan bed - currently using one, very good to store luggage bags, bedsheets etc.

asuranzara
30-05-13, 13:12

Yes, having headache for no having utility room too. Balcony for type C1 is not suitable to turn into dining area. In-house don seem to have enough space for built in cabinet too.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 13:22
Small problem with C1 is the masterbed room facing the windows. TV (wall mounted) needs to be on the side. :(

But you have a beautiful balcony.... Lots of natural lights.

Yes, having headache for no having utility room too. Balcony for type C1 is not suitable to turn into dining area. In-house don seem to have enough space for built in cabinet too.

lifeline
30-05-13, 13:26
sorry. i have not relooked the floorplan yet. an idea just struck me while reading. usually we look at floor space. how about considering air/ceiling space (including false ceiling) ala CDL dNest - their storage eats into the airspace of unit below. also can consider erecting vertical pillar to keep things. someone mentioned in a thread long ago - space / shelves about the aircon compressor. just some wild thoughts - though unfortunately all involves added cost.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 13:42
Keeping things on top (false ceiling) is common in HK. I remembered visiting a friend's home @ HK island. They store some off seasons clothes on top.

But since false ceiling IS a FALSE ceiling, therefore, you can't store heavy things up there (and NOT too inward).

Thanks for the input.

sorry. i have not relooked the floorplan yet. an idea just struck me while reading. usually we look at floor space. how about considering air/ceiling space (including false ceiling) ala CDL dNest - their storage eats into the airspace of unit below. also can consider erecting vertical pillar to keep things. someone mentioned in a thread long ago - space / shelves about the aircon compressor. just some wild thoughts - though unfortunately all involves added cost.

FamilyGuy72
30-05-13, 16:09

You guys might want to consider this, suitable for your high ceiling :cheers5:

http://www.bigassfans.com/residential/index.html

asuranzara
30-05-13, 17:08
Small problem with C1 is the masterbed room facing the windows. TV (wall mounted) needs to be on the side. :(

But you have a beautiful balcony.... Lots of natural lights.

True abt the master bedroom. Might do without tv if angle really not good. Haha.....but that's comforting to hear abt the balcony. Another issue is the west sun that I could have. Wonder if it will be less hot with glass at bedroom 3 and master bedroom.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 17:21
I am @ stack 45. It should have a slight angle for morning sun. However, I reckon stack 73 & 74 may be able to block some of the direct sun into my unit.

As for yours @ stack 51, I reckon you will get the west sun since stack 29 & 30 are quite apart from stack 51 (due to the swimming pool).

I believe you have done your due consideration & understanding before buying this unit.

C1 has a decent layout & nice balcony. :)

You may be able to learn from home owners @ Estuary, especially those stacks facing the MRT track (direct west sun). They should be able to advise on solutions....

True abt the master bedroom. Might do without tv if angle really not good. Haha.....but that's comforting to hear abt the balcony. Another issue is the west sun that I could have. Wonder if it will be less hot with glass at bedroom 3 and master bedroom.

swlg0814
30-05-13, 17:48
I am @ stack 45. It should have a slight angle for morning sun. However, I reckon stack 73 & 74 may be able to block some of the direct sun into my unit.

As for yours @ stack 51, I reckon you will get the west sun since stack 29 & 30 are quite apart from stack 51 (due to the swimming pool).

I believe you have done your due consideration & understanding before buying this unit.

C1 has a decent layout & nice balcony. :)

You may be able to learn from home owners @ Estuary, especially those stacks facing the MRT track (direct west sun). They should be able to advise on solutions....

Stack 45 so you are same layout and facing as mine? I still prefer our B1 layout to C1 - C1 layout, as some have pointed out, is not so flexible.

lifeline
30-05-13, 18:02
i meant use the false ceiling space... but got to do id work and construct ceiling brackets after removing false ceiling ==> additional cost and may not even be cost-effective per cubic volume.

something interesting here:
http://tinyurl.com/o8hebsq
http://tinyurl.com/o3mkdc2

Keeping things on top (false ceiling) is common in HK. I remembered visiting a friend's home @ HK island. They store some off seasons clothes on top.

But since false ceiling IS a FALSE ceiling, therefore, you can't store heavy things up there (and NOT too inward).

Thanks for the input.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 18:17
Yes same facing (some morning sun).

Owners of B1 & C1 have different needs/requirement. Cant compare...

As for our B1 layout, i think masterbed layout is not so bad. From the end of the bed to the TV wall, there is quite alot of space. Think can build/place some console/shelves there (for storage). Just my :2cents:

Stack 45 so you are same layout and facing as mine? I still prefer our B1 layout to C1 - C1 layout, as some have pointed out, is not so flexible.

Stkl
30-05-13, 18:30

Hi neighbour yes i m on 66. I think electric blinds are not cheaper either. I probably see the actual thing then decide what kind of blinds to go for.

shareidiot
30-05-13, 18:32
Sorry that i hv misunderstood ur original expression. And, thanks for ur input & links (ideas) ...:ashamed1:

i meant use the false ceiling space... but got to do id work and construct ceiling brackets after removing false ceiling ==> additional cost and may not even be cost-effective per cubic volume.

something interesting here:
http://tinyurl.com/o8hebsq
http://tinyurl.com/o3mkdc2

Stkl
30-05-13, 18:38
So who is on top of who now? I m 66 too. I love the numbers on the unit I chose.

Hi I can't be on top of anyone haha

shareidiot
30-05-13, 19:07
#02-66 then... :rolleyes:

Hi I can't be on top of anyone haha

Spooky1973
30-05-13, 20:35

I love 548...I'm in 548 too....

Spooky1973
30-05-13, 20:43

Can't be #02-66

sky61
30-05-13, 22:18
You guys might want to consider this, suitable for your high ceiling :cheers5:

http://www.bigassfans.com/residential/index.html

thats not available in singapore rite??

lifeline
30-05-13, 22:31
Aiya... No worries. :)

Sorry that i hv misunderstood ur original expression. And, thanks for ur input & links (ideas) ...:ashamed1:

keaftan
30-05-13, 22:38

Hi I am 990. Along the same row. Any ideas on making use of all that air space?

sky61
30-05-13, 22:49
Hi I am 990. Along the same row. Any ideas on making use of all that air space?

looks like suddenly all the 548 fellas are coming out of the closet! u must be 63. well i thought of getting a small furniture deck on top of the dinning area overlooking the living room n patio. it will be my study area and storage below the steps. Note i mention furniture deck, so its not a permanent fixture hence not illegally increasing the gfa.

As for the main living area, hang some nice light fixtures and construct a full volume tv console with storage, or maybe just hang some huge painting. Just enjoy the loft feel. definately LED lights, changing bulbs will be a bitch..hahaha.

keaftan
30-05-13, 23:11
looks like suddenly all the 548 fellas are coming out of the closet! u must be 63. well i thought of getting a small furniture deck on top of the dinning area overlooking the living room n patio. it will be my study area and storage below the steps. Note i mention furniture deck, so its not a permanent fixture hence not illegally increasing the gfa.

As for the main living area, hang some nice light fixtures and construct a full volume tv console with storage, or maybe just hang some huge painting. Just enjoy the loft feel. definately LED lights, changing bulbs will be a bitch..hahaha.

Do you think you need approval for furniture deck? is there such a thing as a 100Sqft furniture deck? lol thanks for sharing sky61. :) for the patio I am looking at getting the bigassfan. I am wonder just how hard has the aircon work to make my space cooling. :p

aang1971
30-05-13, 23:23

Btw which level r u? I wanted 4th floor at your stack but sold out leow when ibuy

sky61
31-05-13, 00:19
Do you think you need approval for furniture deck? is there such a thing as a 100Sqft furniture deck? lol thanks for sharing sky61. :) for the patio I am looking at getting the bigassfan. I am wonder just how hard has the aircon work to make my space cooling. :p

http://www.sisv.org.sg/Hottopic/e-news/LoftsBCRequirements_BCA_15Nov11.pdf

how much is one of those bigassfan? is there a distributor in singapore? think u got to customise the furniture deck. and it must not be permanent if not it will compute as gfa.

asuranzara
31-05-13, 01:20
Btw which level r u? I wanted 4th floor at your stack but sold out leow when ibuy

Opps....... Exactly 4th floor!!! :p I bought on preview day. Why didn't u consider stack 34 4th floor? Was it still available when U bought? I regret not buying that because no west sun.

aang1971
31-05-13, 07:40
Opps....... Exactly 4th floor!!! :p I bought on preview day. Why didn't u consider stack 34 4th floor? Was it still available when U bought? I regret not buying that because no west sun.

Haha both were sold. I vested a few days after preview...as I was away on biz trip.

Btw did you pay above 950 for your unit?

shareidiot
31-05-13, 08:37
I bought it in May or June 2011 (I think). Was quite some time after the preview.

Told my agent i want see 8CY. She told me only hv leftover units. Then by chance I came to know about MR. Went to the showroom & simply love the serenity of the environment (although I know the condo facilities are just basic).

Original plan was 1BR. Then saw the 2BR quite reasonable layout & price. Thinking of buying stack 33 (840ft2). But the agent there asked me if i want Consider 861ft2 got more privacy.

Some one actually booked the unit (no cheque yet). So the agent called the potential buyer whether can release or not. That person no choice but to let go so i took it. Issue cheque immediately (even before talking to banks about loan). :o

asuranzara
31-05-13, 09:17
Haha both were sold. I vested a few days after preview...as I was away on biz trip.

Btw did you pay above 950 for your unit?

Too bad to missed it. But anyway the units of 3 bedroom without utility is limited. I Prefer with utility but out of my budget.

I paid less than 900 psf. How abt u?

asuranzara
31-05-13, 09:20
I bought it in May or June 2011 (I think). Was quite some time after the preview.

Told my agent i want see 8CY. She told me only hv leftover units. Then by chance I came to know about MR. Went to the showroom & simply love the serenity of the environment (although I know the condo facilities are just basic).

Original plan was 1BR. Then saw the 2BR quite reasonable layout & price. Thinking of buying stack 33 (840ft2). But the agent there asked me if i want Consider 861ft2 got more privacy.

Some one actually booked the unit (no cheque yet). So the agent called the potential buyer whether can release or not. That person no choice but to let go so i took it. Issue cheque immediately (even before talking to banks about loan). :o

I visited canopy (leftover units), 8 cy (don like the layout), woodhaven (price too high for its location compare to miltonia) end up also like the serenity at MR, then bought it. Really love it for being a low rise project too.

shareidiot
31-05-13, 11:03
To be frank, I visited NONE (other than MR).

Was told by my agent that 8CY with left over units so didnt bother to check it out.

Went to MR @ about 4pm and love it (the entire project) at 1st sight. (didn't really think about rental yield etc).

Told the agent to allow me to consider over night (about stack 33).

Next day morning, took time off and went back to MR showflat, with the desire to buy stack 33.

The agent is kind/good enough to request me consider 861ft2 due to privacy layout.

He managed to help me find a "pending" unit & i just took it ! :)

Lately, I took a look at CR website (also low rise project). Nice too. :p

I visited canopy (leftover units), 8 cy (don like the layout), woodhaven (price too high for its location compare to miltonia) end up also like the serenity at MR, then bought it. Really love it for being a low rise project too.

asuranzara
31-05-13, 11:11
To be frank, I visited NONE (other than MR).

Was told by my agent that 8CY with left over units so didnt bother to check it out.

Went to MR @ about 4pm and love it (the entire project) at 1st sight. (didn't really think about rental yield etc).

Told the agent to allow me to consider over night (about stack 33).

Next day morning, took time off and went back to MR showflat, with the desire to buy stack 33.

The agent is kind/good enough to request me consider 861ft2 due to privacy layout.

He managed to get me find me a "pending" unit & i just took it ! :)

Lately, I took a look at CR website (also low rise project). Nice too. :p

Oh ya. I also visited CR. yes, saw pic posted at CR thread. Quite nice. But when I went left last PH unit. Actually I also went terrase ( can't remember after or before bought MR) unit is small. Really feel that price of MR is reasonable (though amenities is a bit lack, but given more project nearby I think all will be improved)

Well, the "love at first sight" feeling is important when choosing a home :)

FamilyGuy72
31-05-13, 11:19

how much is one of those bigassfan? is there a distributor in singapore? think u got to customise the furniture deck. and it must not be permanent if not it will compute as gfa.

This is the info I got from the web. Wanted to install it but looking at spec our regular ceiling height not suitable :( Probably getting Haiku with LED lights instead.

Big Ass Fans are represented in Singapore - Malaysia - Maldives + Indonesia by Spectra Instruments Pte Ltd

Spectra Instruments PL
Tel: +65 6747 8857
Fax: +65 6747 5873
8 Lor Bakar Batu, #06-05/06
Kolam Ayer Industrial Park, Singapore 348743
email : [email protected]
GST : 19-9906486-Z

Mobile : +65 9617 6931

Hi asuranzara, looks like we'll next door neighbors. I'm at stack 52 same level :cheers4:

shareidiot
31-05-13, 11:30
FamilyGuy72, so which stack u in ?

asuranzara
31-05-13, 11:31
Hi asuranzara, looks like we'll next door neighbors. I'm at stack 52 same level :cheers4:

Hihi, neighbour! MR thread is active again. Not so boring while waiting for the slowly progressed project :)

shareidiot
31-05-13, 11:37
anyone has pictures of MR showflat ? Or youtube? I didnt take any picture during the time of purchase. I remembered shower room is blue-ish mossaic.

Kitchen is brown fixtures.

asuranzara
31-05-13, 11:43
anyone has pictures of MR showflat ? Or youtube? I didnt take any picture during the time of purchase. I remembered shower room is blue-ish mossaic.

Kitchen is brown fixtures.
I did not. Preview day was very crowded. Do u have the brochure?

I feel interior furnishing of MR so so only.

shareidiot
31-05-13, 11:46
Brochure/booklet didnt show much.

Yes, interior furnishing is basic. I bought it with the knowledge & lowered my expectation.

I did not. Preview day was very crowded. Do u have the brochure?

I feel interior furnishing of MR so so only.

swlg0814
31-05-13, 12:40
Guys

Just a thought ... if you are looking for storage solutions can consider Jap flooring? Those raised platform style with storage compartments underneath.

Btw, also fell in love with MR environment - where else in Sg can you get a place by the golf course? And also like the low-rise feel after staying high rise all this while.

sky61
31-05-13, 12:48
glad to see so many stayers and not investors...was hoping the environment not be flooded with tenants of all sorts but a conducive encalve for living.

shareidiot
31-05-13, 13:01
Im sorry... but likely, I am not a LONG TERM stayer.
May rent it out ... :beats-me-man:

glad to see so many stayers and not investors...was hoping the environment not be flooded with tenants of all sorts but a conducive encalve for living.

swlg0814
31-05-13, 13:05
Im sorry... but likely, I am not a LONG TERM stayer.
May rent it out ... :beats-me-man:

Stay la...i'm a stayer...where else to get away from the hustle n bustle?

I saw CR on pic in thread but it looks near roads etc

swlg0814
31-05-13, 13:07

Stayer here :cheers4:

aang1971
31-05-13, 13:40
Too bad to missed it. But anyway the units of 3 bedroom without utility is limited. I Prefer with utility but out of my budget.

Below $850

shareidiot
31-05-13, 14:03
I think all C1 units 1,023fts sold between $825/ft2 - $870/ft2.

Stkl
31-05-13, 20:30
Can't be #02-66

Hi Spooky you are in 02-66?

Stkl
31-05-13, 21:06

Nope I already say i cannot be on top of anyone already hahaah

Spooky1973
31-05-13, 22:26
Hi Spooky you are in 02-66?

nope....I'm 64

Spooky1973
31-05-13, 22:28
Nope I already say i cannot be on top of anyone already hahaah

You are on top of the carpark

Tortoisespeedsir
31-05-13, 23:32
I love 548...I'm in 548 too....

66 = "luck luck" huat arrrrrr

Tortoisespeedsir
31-05-13, 23:35

Well the 66 guys dare not say anything earlier as our block had yet started. Now, can make some noise.

Tortoisespeedsir
31-05-13, 23:43
Below $850

Above 900 = golf course view
below 900 = swimming pool view
below 850 = skies miltonia townhouse view

Tortoisespeedsir
31-05-13, 23:51
Just to share. I am a ceiling fan "fan". It's very important to buy those which has remote controls if you intend to use for long cos those pull cord type spoils easily.

I like kdk. Reliable and ugly but very windy. A small 3 blade type can chill an circumference area of 4m.

keaftan
01-06-13, 01:33

Thks sky. Now I am think if I can have two 5m sq furniture deck in the living and bedroom 2. Anyway here is the link to the bigassfans that should suit our unit. http://www.haikufan.com/our-fan/technology/ the Singapore dealer quote about 2k or lesser

sky61
01-06-13, 03:03
Thks sky. Now I am think if I can have two 5m sq furniture deck in the living and bedroom 2. Anyway here is the link to the bigassfans that should suit our unit. http://www.haikufan.com/our-fan/technology/ the Singapore dealer quote about 2k or lesser

If i'm not mistaken, the developer was telling me that the bedrooms are not full 5.2m, its around 4.6m thereabouts. dunno how true, have to see the final product before sourcing for contractors.

The fan u quoted 2k or less is the haiku fan or the Isis fan 8ft diameter fan? group buy got cheaper??

keaftan
01-06-13, 10:26
If i'm not mistaken, the developer was telling me that the bedrooms are not full 5.2m, its around 4.6m thereabouts. dunno how true, have to see the final product before sourcing for contractors.

The fan u quoted 2k or less is the haiku fan or the Isis fan 8ft diameter fan? group buy got cheaper??

I never ask abt grp buy yet should hv room for that possibility. I refer to haiku fan. The Isis is the one that can cool a area 10x10 meters. Isis cost was quote as 8k.

FamilyGuy72
01-06-13, 10:39

2k is a real mark-up by the dealer. Ordering online cost under USD$1K for the fan with LED lights (exclude shipping of course).

bakasa2002
01-06-13, 10:40

I like this fan too, anyone installed it before? Effective?

Spooky1973
01-06-13, 12:57

Am a stayer too....so are my 2 sisters....

yowetan
01-06-13, 13:09
Hi...There are many HDB sprawling out next to the Miltonia Residences development. Yishun looks more compact and clutter than before, and I am unsure if it would impact livability when all developments TOP/completed then.

sky61
01-06-13, 13:54
I never ask abt grp buy yet should hv room for that possibility. I refer to haiku fan. The Isis is the one that can cool a area 10x10 meters. Isis cost was quote as 8k.

8k:scared-5: ..err too much to pay for a fan...even at 2k, thats quite ex for the haiku fan, how effective is the haiku at cooling our high ceilings area? can we just order online and get our own contractors to fix it...cheaper at 1k US.

sky61
01-06-13, 13:58
Am a stayer too....so are my 2 sisters....

Ur sisters chio? intro..:D:D

funny how come no one started a facebook community for miltonia residences residents...can do group buys for economies of scale n trade tips.

i chose miltonia because the parking lots are generous. can u imagine inviting ur friends for overnite MJ and no spare parking lots available for visitors?

Tortoisespeedsir
01-06-13, 14:07
Hi...There are many HDB sprawling out next to the Miltonia Residences development. Yishun looks more compact and clutter than before, and I am unsure if it would impact livability when all developments TOP/completed then.

that is not a worry, mr is safe. Half of mr faces the driving range, the other left faves shaugnessy. The other right faces the forest with many natural insect sounds in the Night. The front faces skies miltonia. So we are safe for 5 years until someone decides to close off occ and develop the forest.

Alternatively, can consider those kick ass Black out Curtain which reduces noise significantly.

yowetan
01-06-13, 14:10
that is not a worry, mr is safe. Half of mr faces the driving range, the other left faves shaugnessy. The other right faces the forest with many natural insect sounds in the Night. The front faces skies miltonia. So we are safe for 5 years until someone decides to close off occ and develop the forest.

Alternatively, can consider those kick ass Black out Curtain which reduces noise significantly.

Hi...thanks for sharing the surrounding locale.

What will become of the road - what's the plan of exiting from Yishun and into Yishun during peak hour then?

Tortoisespeedsir
01-06-13, 14:11

funny how come no one started a facebook community for miltonia residences residents...can do group buys for economies of scale n trade tips.

i chose miltonia because the parking lots are generous. can u imagine inviting ur friends for overnite MJ and no spare parking lots available for visitors?

Got group liao. Just search for Miltonia but it's not active. Maybe need to wait till nearer top for some actions. Now with the slow and steady phase, it's too early to ask ID to start sketching.

Tortoisespeedsir
01-06-13, 14:21

What will become of the road - what's the plan of exiting from Yishun and into Yishun during peak hour then?

Hahaha. Based on my 30+ years as an yishun-er, many roads lead to city and vice versa. But it comes with a bit of detour price. You can hit to tpe using the direction to lower seletar (folks here call "the dam") from there, you can use the small Road and get out of yishun. You can also hit further north and use the other way to city. Or turn to 400+, then pass yishun ite to which Road is not jam.

I m using these excuses to make me feel better too. But yes, why did the minister decides to develop this part of North so extensively? Just a few blocks will do mah instead of such intensive development. Bo pian la, can only wait till 2020.

Spooky1973
01-06-13, 14:23

Got to warn my sister beware of her neighbor at lvl 1...:D

aang1971
01-06-13, 17:34
Got to warn my sister beware of her neighbor at lvl 1...:D

Got Mediacorpse artise I heard

shareidiot
01-06-13, 17:35
Have... Li Nanxing ex wife. She is a Huttons agent too.

Got Mediacorpse artise I heard

aang1971
01-06-13, 17:39
Have... Li Nanxing ex wife. She is a Huttons agent too.

Aiyah...hoping Cynthia Koh, Yvonne lim or you yi

shareidiot
01-06-13, 17:44
Several Huttons agents bought MR themselves.
If i m not wrong they bought the front few rows (facing golf course).

Aiyah...hoping Cynthia Koh, Yvonne lim or you yi

aang1971
01-06-13, 17:46
Several Huttons agents bought MR themselves.
If i m not wrong they bought the front few rows (facing golf course).

Buy to resell

keaftan
01-06-13, 17:49
8k:scared-5: ..err too much to pay for a fan...even at 2k, thats quite ex for the haiku fan, how effective is the haiku at cooling our high ceilings area? can we just order online and get our own contractors to fix it...cheaper at 1k US.

I just downloaded the specification document n installation instruction seems like installation is the same as common fan. Effective wise not that sure yet.

shareidiot
01-06-13, 17:52
I think they are buying to rent out.

Now with GEM (other than SELETAR AEROSPACE), I think the rental potential is promising.

Buy to resell

aang1971
01-06-13, 17:53
I think they are buying to rent out.

Now with GEM (other than SELETAR AEROSPACE), I think the rental potential is promising.

Hope you dun rent n make a mess

shareidiot
01-06-13, 18:03
Huh? Make a mess? Aiyo seems u not happy im planning to rent it out?

Basically my family may use the property as a "weekend" place for a few mths
Then, planning to rent to an expat family (if possible). For sure, it is not my intention to rent ir out to few tenants who share the rent for the entire unit. :tsk-tsk:

Hope you dun rent n make a mess

aang1971
01-06-13, 18:51
Huh? Make a mess? Aiyo seems u not happy im planning to rent it out?

Basically my family may use the property as a "weekend" place for a few mths
Then, planning to rent to an expat family (if possible). For sure, it is not my intention to rent ir out to few tenants who share the rent for the entire unit. :tsk-tsk:

Sorry I meant the Hutton agents.

They only care for money n rent to all types

My neighbour from tip gland...always smoke along hallway

Spooky1973
02-06-13, 09:45
Blk 548 1st level walls are up....

sky61
02-06-13, 12:43
Got group liao. Just search for Miltonia but it's not active. Maybe need to wait till nearer top for some actions. Now with the slow and steady phase, it's too early to ask ID to start sketching.

i only can see a closed group for skies miltonia, no such community group for miltonia residences

asuranzara
02-06-13, 17:07

I pass by parc rosewood everyday. Their progress definitely faster than MR. They launched around half a yr after MR. Looks like can TOP before MR.

ecimbew
02-06-13, 17:57

You live in Yishun dude.

yowetan
02-06-13, 18:01
You live in Yishun dude.

Hi...I stay in Tiong Bahru.

I can only tell you - please keep to the thread, and not drift away from the topic, resorting to blindness flaming and personal attack.

Last, do not take a person's identity and spread around in this forum unless you are absolutely sure.

You own the person in the photograph an apologise.

ecimbew
02-06-13, 20:18
Hi...I stay in Tiong Bahru.

I can only tell you - please keep to the thread, and not drift away from the topic, resorting to blindness flaming and personal attack.

Last, do not take a person's identity and spread around in this forum unless you are absolutely sure.

You own the person in the photograph an apologise.

Of course I am sure. Yishun or Tiong Bahru or Jurong, it doesn't matter. ;)

keaftan
02-06-13, 23:28
Blk 548 1st level walls are up....

Good news? Any pics? :)

keaftan
02-06-13, 23:45
i only can see a closed group for skies miltonia, no such community group for miltonia residences

How to start a group? anyone has experience in doing so in facebook? would be great for info sharing towards TOP. :)

keaftan
03-06-13, 01:01
Dear all, I am trying out fb's features and started a community group. I think it is nice to keep in touch with each other. The main reason for me to start the group is just to like to know everyone, I am a stayer of course and hope to know more of my neighbors. if you allow me, and share with me the interest of knowing your future neighbors do add me as a friend so I can add you inside this group. I am starting a new facebook account for this purpose. My facebook email is [email protected]

I chosen a close group but I am open for suggestion using otherwise.

Cheers

shareidiot
03-06-13, 09:41
Sorry i thought the CLOSE fb shd be named after the property name?

Dear all, I am trying out fb's features and started a community group. I think it is nice to keep in touch with each other. The main reason for me to start the group is just to like to know everyone, I am a stayer of course and hope to know more of my neighbors. if you allow me, and share with me the interest of knowing your future neighbors do add me as a friend so I can add you inside this group. I am starting a new facebook account for this purpose. My facebook email is [email protected]

Cheers

keaftan
03-06-13, 10:21
Sorry i thought the CLOSE fb shd be named after the property name?

Hi share. The group name is under the property name. However u need to be my friend so i can add u into the group.

Stkl
03-06-13, 11:29
Hi share. The group name is under the property name. However u need to be my friend so i can add u into the group.

Hi thanks for setting up the Facebook page for MR appreciate the effort I m sure we can know more neighbours from there.

keaftan
03-06-13, 15:36
Hi thanks for setting up the Facebook page for MR appreciate the effort I m sure we can know more neighbours from there.

Hi just to update the group has now 4 members. Looking forward to adding me as ur friennd in facebook to share ideas.

My mail. [email protected].

=)

Stkl
03-06-13, 15:40

Cheers

I feel that if the group can be a opened it will be much better. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

keaftan
03-06-13, 18:17
I feel that if the group can be a opened it will be much better. Just my 2 cents worth. :)

The only difference for open and closed group is that postings on the groups wall will only be seen by us. (the group members) information on the existence of this group remains open for public view. like the members of this group.

having said that we just need to decide if as residence of this group do we want to keep that privacy?

:)

Tortoisespeedsir
03-06-13, 23:07

So 548 folks should be hearing for the next payment soon. But sad thing is based on my relative if 548 is not up by end may, top June 2014 is near possible unless stc speeds up next year.

sky61
04-06-13, 01:00
So 548 folks should be hearing for the next payment soon. But sad thing is based on my relative if 548 is not up by end may, top June 2014 is near possible unless stc speeds up next year.

err... now its june liao, so is it up to 5 floor? last i saw 2 wks back, it was at 2nd storey only

FamilyGuy72
04-06-13, 14:28

542 on the right (up to 4th level), 548 in front of it on the left. Taken last weekend :)

asuranzara
04-06-13, 15:18
542 on the right (up to 4th level), 548 in front of it on the left. Taken last weekend :)
So the stack shown in pic is ur stack, 52?

FamilyGuy72
04-06-13, 16:14
So the stack shown in pic is ur stack, 52?

Yes, our block :cheers5:

asuranzara
04-06-13, 20:35
Yes, our block :cheers5:

Do you remember what is our ceiling height?

keaftan
04-06-13, 20:53

Hi Family Guy! Thanks for updates! I took some pic today too, but my pictures not as nice as yours. I have added inside the facebook group. You can view it there.

my facebook email is [email protected]

keaftan
04-06-13, 20:58
Do you remember what is our ceiling height?

The high ceiling units should be 5.2 m at the living rooms and 4.7m at the bedrooms. the toliets and kitchen are much lower.

asuranzara
04-06-13, 21:20
The high ceiling units should be 5.2 m at the living rooms and 4.7m at the bedrooms. the toliets and kitchen are much lower.
Sure? I thought that kind of height is for1st floor units facing main road only?

keaftan
04-06-13, 21:28
Sure? I thought that kind of height is for1st floor units facing main road only?

Sorry I am not sure about stack 52. :p

FamilyGuy72
05-06-13, 10:34
Except for ground level units of 520, 546 and 548, all others should be regular height of ~2.8m. Not sure if its stated in the S&P documents.

chhiew
06-06-13, 16:45
Hi

Can anyone enlighten me how big is the balcony? do you guys have the measurement? wonder can put a dinner table outside the balcony to maximize the space for one bedder?

Thanks for your help.

shareidiot
07-06-13, 09:25
Just did a simple cut & paste. I will assume you are referring to type A1.

It is possible to place a 2 seater dining table at the balcony.

Hi

Can anyone enlighten me how big is the balcony? do you guys have the measurement? wonder can put a dinner table outside the balcony to maximize the space for one bedder?

Thanks for your help.

FamilyGuy72
07-06-13, 10:19
Hi

Thanks for your help.

The estimated sizes are listed in the S&P documents under project info. I believe 1 bedder balcony is similar size to one of my B1 type balcony so should be 6sqm.

I too am planning to have 'alfresco dining' to make the original dining area a storage compartment. Scroll back a few pages and you'll find a picture I'd posted which has the balcony similar to our size.

keaftan
08-06-13, 01:28

Cheers

Dear MR residents I am pleased to report that we have more than 11 members going the FB group. Nice info sharing we have going on, if u are a MR resident do join the community in FB. Just add me [email protected].

shareidiot
11-06-13, 15:12
GEMS World Academy is scheduled to operate from Sep 2014.

Nice 3D Virtual Tour....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P21bBVdzpik

Spooky1973
19-06-13, 19:20
548 level 1 structure done.... now building level 2

keaftan
19-06-13, 20:26
Dear MR residents I am pleased to report that we have more than 11 members going the FB group. Nice info sharing we have going on, if u are a MR resident do join the community in FB. Just add me [email protected].

Dear Miltonia Residence resident, our FB group has reached the count of 20 and the group is active with close to daily updates on various topics like TOP Dates speculations and renovation ideas. The discussion will get better as we have more members, that includes you.

So if you are keen to be in touch with your future neighbors please join our FB group, just add me @ Facebook : [email protected]

I will do the rest. Hope to see you soon!!! :)

Miltonia
04-07-13, 16:10
Droved by today. Few cement mixers seen. Looks like it is faster by a little bit.

swlg0814
10-07-13, 11:11
Havent been there a while now. Any ppl hv updates? pics?

Miltonia
10-07-13, 22:35
Go to fb page, quite a lot of people are in there. Please visit miltonia residence owners group by adding [email protected]

shareidiot
14-08-13, 14:34
Someone sold an unit of 1BR (517 ft2) @ $620K ($1200 psf).

Can make $ meh? :doh:

Water777
31-08-13, 17:56
Someone sold an unit of 1BR (517 ft2) @ $620K ($1200 psf).

Can make $ meh? :doh:

Crazy to buy at this price when it can be 20% cheaper in 2-3 years to come

Miltonia
02-09-13, 21:50
Crazy to buy at this price when it can be 20% cheaper in 2-3 years to come

What makes you say so? 20 percent less will be below his entry price. Who will sell if he can hold?

cau2danang
03-09-13, 10:23
Check all Water777's posts. He posted in a lot of thread about the 20% cheaper in 2-3 year time. Are you trying to get cheap condo in the North area Water777 :D

Miltonia
03-09-13, 12:17
Check all Water777's posts. He posted in a lot of thread about the 20% cheaper in 2-3 year time. Are you trying to get cheap condo in the North area Water777 :D

Yes, obviously, he is still saving his 20%.

azeoprop
06-03-14, 14:41
Update 6th March 2014. :)

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2334/12964832033_246358c785_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12964832033/)
DSC04240 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12964832033/) by azeoprop (http://www.flickr.com/people/hydrop/), on Flickr

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2356/12965112694_59df5dd89b_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12965112694/)
DSC04239 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12965112694/) by azeoprop (http://www.flickr.com/people/hydrop/), on Flickr

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2721/12964688935_1976780bd8_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12964688935/)
DSC04238 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12964688935/) by azeoprop (http://www.flickr.com/people/hydrop/), on Flickr

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2582/12964690235_3ca9001fe4_b.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12964690235/)
DSC04234 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hydrop/12964690235/) by azeoprop (http://www.flickr.com/people/hydrop/), on Flickr

Miltonia
08-03-14, 16:26
Can see AMK and Raffles place buildings.