PDA

View Full Version : Length and depth of swimming pools

mantrix
30-05-11, 14:57
We all know that the swimming pool is one of the main (and some say mandatory) features of a condo.

Many people take this into consideration as that's one of the reasons they buy a condo - so they can swim actively.

What in your opinion should the dimensions of a proper swimming pool be?

Older condos have really deep (like 1.8m) pools with lanes.

Newer condos have shallow pools (1.2m) and the so-called lap pools are 25-30m only...more for aesthetic purposes than for actual exercise (and end up becoming a kid's pool)

Hard to find new projects with decent size pools and even then, 1.2m is not even enough to tread water IMO. I would think 40m and up to a depth of 1.5m for a swimming pool to be called decent.

Anyway just want to know if I'm the only one particular about such things or some of you gents (and ladies) feel the same? :cheers2:

focus
30-05-11, 15:58
I'm good with 40m lap pool with depth of 1.2m.
If I want to trap water.. i go open sea and trap all i want..keke.. kidding onli hor..

But i think 1.2m is for safety of most children since there is no lifeguard around.

Antione
30-05-11, 17:21
Tried both in 2 Condo i stayed. The deeper one is cleaner. Dirt sink into the pool floor. The shallow pool is easier to stir up the dirt from the bottom of the pool

mantrix
30-05-11, 18:40
Tried both in 2 Condo i stayed. The deeper one is cleaner. Dirt sink into the pool floor. The shallow pool is easier to stir up the dirt from the bottom of the pool

That's true since i have experienced both kinds. Basically the amount of dirt will be the same so the more water you have, the less amount of dirt per unit.

What i dun like about 1.2m pools is when you jump in you almost crash straight to the bottom...

devilplate
30-05-11, 18:48
That's true since i have experienced both kinds. Basically the amount of dirt will be the same so the more water you have, the less amount of dirt per unit.

What i dun like about 1.2m pools is when you jump in you almost crash straight to the bottom...
At least u wun get drowned if u kena leg cramp

mantrix
30-05-11, 20:00
At least u wun get drowned if u kena leg cramp

1.5m also wun drown mah....unless you are hobbit lah