PDA

View Full Version : to Blackjack 21 Trader - waiting for explanation

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

DC33_2008
03-09-11, 10:49
huh? this kind of dow volatility is not a surprise any more. no black monday, no big drop but some drop. :ashamed1:
Good to make $ in such market.

phantom_opera
05-09-11, 10:58
10y US treasury yield is now below 2% ;)

kingkong1984
06-09-11, 08:37
Business Times - 06 Sep 2011

Torrent of bad news as markets fear the worst

Poll setback in Germany, slowdown in HK and jobs crisis in US add to recession fears

By CONRAD TAN IN SINGAPORE AND NEIL BEHRMANN IN LONDON

STOCKS across Asia and Europe slumped yesterday amid a slew of bad news, reinforcing fears that the world's biggest economies are sliding back into recession.

Shares of export-oriented firms across Asia were hammered, after the monthly US employment report last Friday showed that the world's biggest economy added no new jobs in August, while the number of new jobs added in July was revised downwards to just 85,000, from 117,000.
In Taiwan, the benchmark Taiex index fell 2.6 per cent, dragged down by shares in exporters such as smartphone maker HTC Corp, which slumped by 4.6 per cent. Hon Hai Precision Industry Co - the anchor company of Foxconn Technology Group, which makes iPhones and iPads for Apple - ended 3.9 per cent lower.

South Korea's Kospi index plunged 4.4 per cent, weighed down by firms such as consumer electronics maker Samsung Electronics and car manufacturer Hyundai Motor.

Financial firms with significant businesses in the US were also hit hard, after the US government on Friday sued 17 banks that included Japan's Nomura Holdings, as well as Barclays, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Societe Generale, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank in Europe, alleging that they sold nearly US$200 billion worth of home loans to mortgage agencies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac without disclosing how risky they were.
Adding to the woes, the Hong Kong purchasing managers' index published by HSBC fell to 47.8 in August from 51.4 in July, suggesting that economic activity there may be shrinking. The Hang Seng Index slid 3.0 per cent to end at 19,616.40.

Here, the Straits Times Index fell 2.5 per cent to 2,773.17, with all 30 of its members suffering declines.
The grim sentiment spilled over into European markets, with most major indices across Europe down by 3 per cent or more in early trading. Bank stocks led the decline, with RBS shares plunging more than 10 per cent in London trading.

In the United Kingdom, a monthly index that tracks business activity in services such as financial intermediation, and transport, storage and communication but not retail, fell sharply in August compared to July, suggesting that the pace of expansion is slowing to a crawl.
Also contributing to the worries was the heavy defeat suffered at the polls by German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party in state elections - its fifth election loss this year. The drubbing it received fuelled investors' fears that European leaders' efforts to rescue ailing eurozone countries such as Greece, Portugal, Ireland and Spain could stumble in the face of popular dissent.

Talks among officials from the European Union, the International Monetary Fund and Greece broke off unexpectedly last Friday after it became clear that Greece had yet to meet conditions set for a 110 billion-euro (S$188 billion) loan from the EU and IMF announced earlier.
Some investors now fear that a default by Greece is inevitable and are worried that the fallout could overwhelm other eurozone members also struggling with a mountain of debt.

Such has been the contagion of the crisis that Christine Lagarde, the new IMF managing director, has called for more Keynesian stimulus to counter a recession in Europe and the US. She told German magazine Der Spiegel that the US and Europe should withdraw from fiscal austerity and switch to stimulus measures. The global economy faced a 'threatening downward spiral', she said.

'There has been a clear crisis of confidence that has seriously aggravated the situation,' she said. 'Measures need to be taken to ensure that this vicious circle is broken.'

'It is a combination of slow growth coming out of the financial crisis and heavy sovereign debt,' she added. 'Both fuel serious concerns about the capital and the strength of banks, notably when they hold significant volumes of sovereign bonds. Should banks experience further difficulties, further countries will be stricken. We have to break this cycle.'

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 09:09
Today will be another dismal day for stocks. Still waiting to go in....
Business Times - 06 Sep 2011

Torrent of bad news as markets fear the worst

Poll setback in Germany, slowdown in HK and jobs crisis in US add to recession fears

By CONRAD TAN IN SINGAPORE AND NEIL BEHRMANN IN LONDON

STOCKS across Asia and Europe slumped yesterday amid a slew of bad news, reinforcing fears that the world's biggest economies are sliding back into recession.

Shares of export-oriented firms across Asia were hammered, after the monthly US employment report last Friday showed that the world's biggest economy added no new jobs in August, while the number of new jobs added in July was revised downwards to just 85,000, from 117,000.
In Taiwan, the benchmark Taiex index fell 2.6 per cent, dragged down by shares in exporters such as smartphone maker HTC Corp, which slumped by 4.6 per cent. Hon Hai Precision Industry Co - the anchor company of Foxconn Technology Group, which makes iPhones and iPads for Apple - ended 3.9 per cent lower.

South Korea's Kospi index plunged 4.4 per cent, weighed down by firms such as consumer electronics maker Samsung Electronics and car manufacturer Hyundai Motor.

Financial firms with significant businesses in the US were also hit hard, after the US government on Friday sued 17 banks that included Japan's Nomura Holdings, as well as Barclays, HSBC, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Societe Generale, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank in Europe, alleging that they sold nearly US$200 billion worth of home loans to mortgage agencies Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac without disclosing how risky they were.
Adding to the woes, the Hong Kong purchasing managers' index published by HSBC fell to 47.8 in August from 51.4 in July, suggesting that economic activity there may be shrinking. The Hang Seng Index slid 3.0 per cent to end at 19,616.40.

Here, the Straits Times Index fell 2.5 per cent to 2,773.17, with all 30 of its members suffering declines.
The grim sentiment spilled over into European markets, with most major indices across Europe down by 3 per cent or more in early trading. Bank stocks led the decline, with RBS shares plunging more than 10 per cent in London trading.

In the United Kingdom, a monthly index that tracks business activity in services such as financial intermediation, and transport, storage and communication but not retail, fell sharply in August compared to July, suggesting that the pace of expansion is slowing to a crawl.
Also contributing to the worries was the heavy defeat suffered at the polls by German Chancellor Angela Merkel's party in state elections - its fifth election loss this year. The drubbing it received fuelled investors' fears that European leaders' efforts to rescue ailing eurozone countries such as Greece, Portugal, Ireland and Spain could stumble in the face of popular dissent.

Talks among officials from the European Union, the International Monetary Fund and Greece broke off unexpectedly last Friday after it became clear that Greece had yet to meet conditions set for a 110 billion-euro (S$188 billion) loan from the EU and IMF announced earlier.
Some investors now fear that a default by Greece is inevitable and are worried that the fallout could overwhelm other eurozone members also struggling with a mountain of debt.

Such has been the contagion of the crisis that Christine Lagarde, the new IMF managing director, has called for more Keynesian stimulus to counter a recession in Europe and the US. She told German magazine Der Spiegel that the US and Europe should withdraw from fiscal austerity and switch to stimulus measures. The global economy faced a 'threatening downward spiral', she said.

'There has been a clear crisis of confidence that has seriously aggravated the situation,' she said. 'Measures need to be taken to ensure that this vicious circle is broken.'

'It is a combination of slow growth coming out of the financial crisis and heavy sovereign debt,' she added. 'Both fuel serious concerns about the capital and the strength of banks, notably when they hold significant volumes of sovereign bonds. Should banks experience further difficulties, further countries will be stricken. We have to break this cycle.'

Copyright © 2010 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.

Laguna
06-09-11, 10:42
Today will be another dismal day for stocks. Still waiting to go in....

for equity, wait till second half of next week to go long and hold till mid/late Oct, need to reassess the exit timing if buy into mid next week.
c whether I can get the reading right this time
I dun trade shares....but doing indexes

devilplate
06-09-11, 11:33
for equity, wait till second half of next week to go long and hold till mid/late Oct, need to reassess the exit timing if buy into mid next week.

whip saw period.....its like betting BIG SMALL

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 12:57
Do you think DJ will go lower tonight? Obama is going to speak this week.

bargain hunter
06-09-11, 13:18
a down DJ is already built in by the big fall in europe yesterday and the 2 days of falls in asia.

Do you think DJ will go lower tonight? Obama is going to speak this week.

kingkong1984
06-09-11, 13:52
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/31/greece-debt-experts-idUSL5E7JV2T720110831

watch this friday.

bargain hunter
06-09-11, 16:10
hmm...another reversal day again today.

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 16:53
Tokyo index has plunged but what happened to STI at 4pm today.
hmm...another reversal day again today.

bargain hunter
06-09-11, 17:12
started to rise just before 3pm when europe opened flattish and got an extra push when both europe and sti moved again around 4.

Tokyo index has plunged but what happened to STI at 4pm today.

DC33_2008
06-09-11, 17:13
It may be another downward slide tonight.
started to rise just before 3pm when europe opened flattish and got an extra push when both europe and sti moved again around 4.

SpinCity
06-09-11, 18:22
SNB set minimum exchange of 1.2 for EURCHF at 4pm, which moved both equity and FX

Laguna
06-09-11, 20:48
whip saw period.....its like betting BIG SMALL

still reading, look like there could be a panic into 24-27 Sept....
I am not holding any nite positions now, as prefer to sleep since getting older..also, be it long or short, can easily be stopped out.....

There are a few dates this month I will stay into the nite, reading more this week

anyone want to share pl PM

hyenergix
06-09-11, 20:56
If this tantamounts to printing money for Switzerland, then Singapore will become more attractive as a safe haven:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/sep/06/switzerland-pegs-swiss-franc-euro

ahkongkid
07-09-11, 00:18
All hail Singapore! The tiny red dot where all the world's money will be rushing into! :spliff:

DC33_2008
07-09-11, 08:23
STI goes down again today?

minority
07-09-11, 08:52
sure down ...... lucky DJ recover from low esterday

DC33_2008
07-09-11, 13:34
STI has moved up by 30 plus points at midday. What will happen at 4pm when Euros market starts?
sure down ...... lucky DJ recover from low esterday

DC33_2008
07-09-11, 18:25
"Despite the continuing global financial crisis, 2011 has been a record year for China's rich," the statement said, noting that 271 Chinese billionaires were now ranked on the Hurun 1,000 rich list, up from 189 in 2010.

5 of the top 10 richest person in China is from Property Investment.:)

GForce
07-09-11, 18:26
"Despite the continuing global financial crisis, 2011 has been a record year for China's rich," the statement said, noting that 271 Chinese billionaires were now ranked on the Hurun 1,000 rich list, up from 189 in 2010.

5 of the top 10 richest person in China is from Property Investment.:)

Interesting , I believe if one has the holding power plus vitamin M, property investment is the way to go.

DC33_2008
07-09-11, 18:55
Interesting , I believe if one has the holding power plus vitamin M, property investment is the way to go.
Huat to all multi-properties owners here. Become a billionaire someday.

richwang
10-09-11, 22:23
I am working in Risk Management team now.
When I start to learn how the banks work, I am very scared.
They can put in $10M just to make a few thousand dollars "risk free" money.
But if the system is moving out of their assumed range, they are doomed.

I still prefer the very old Chinese tradition:

No debt no worries.

Thanks,
Richard

DC33_2008
11-09-11, 11:18
That is why they people like you to identify and assess the risk for them. Otherwise, you will be out of job. It is really competitive in the financial sector especially with US and Euros economy woes. Just hope China and India can hold on tight. :scared-3:
I am working in Risk Management team now.
When I start to learn how the banks work, I am very scared.
They can put in $10M just to make a few thousand dollars "risk free" money.
But if the system is moving out of their assumed range, they are doomed.

I still prefer the very old Chinese tradition:

No debt no worries.

Thanks,
Richard

Laguna
12-09-11, 16:17
pl read my post #1255 and #1265 of this thread
it is coming........

bargain hunter
12-09-11, 16:23
please let us know if u decide the buy point is this week or re assessed to be closer to 27th. :)

pl read my post #1255 and #1265 of this thread
it is coming........

Laguna
12-09-11, 16:39
please let us know if u decide the buy point is this week or re assessed to be closer to 27th. :)

if reading got right
most likely 50% and 50%...but entry point and cut loss points have to be carefully calculated...the stop loss will be quite a big one this time...

amk
15-09-11, 15:44
.. as if there is no enough bad news..... "UBS unauthorised trade in investment banking division may have lost 2bln"

DC33_2008
16-09-11, 09:49
UBS, Switzerland’s biggest bank in which the Government of Singapore
Investment Corp (GIC) is the largest shareholder, said yesterday it might be unprofitable in the third quarter after a rogue trader lost US$2 billion (S$2.48 billion) at its investment bank.:doh:

STI is great today. Manage to contra all my shares within the first 30 mins. Volatile market is great. Looking for the downside again.:)

Laguna
22-09-11, 10:27
Perhaps no one pays attention to my postings of #1255, #1265, #1276 and #1278 here.

My calendars show there will be a few extremely bad days in the last week of Sept, particularly from 24 -27 Sept.

Let's see...the markets are now very interesting but technically still bearish or very bearish...fundamentally also very bearish...

East Lover
22-09-11, 14:29
Perhaps no one pays attention to my postings of #1255, #1265, #1276 and #1278 here.

My calendars show there will be a few extremely bad days in the last week of Sept, particularly from 24 -27 Sept.

Let's see...the markets are now very interesting but technically still bearish or very bearish...fundamentally also very bearish...
here we go!

still reading, look like there could be a panic into 24-27 Sept....
I am not holding any nite positions now, as prefer to sleep since getting older..also, be it long or short, can easily be stopped out.....
There are a few dates this month I will stay into the nite, reading more this week
anyone want to share pl PM

if reading got right
most likely 50% and 50%...but entry point and cut loss points have to be carefully calculated...the stop loss will be quite a big one this time...

DC33_2008
22-09-11, 17:59
There will be bloodshed tonight and tomorrow. Dax, FTSE100 and STOXX50 all trading at -4.00% now.

Fisherman
22-09-11, 18:17
There will be bloodshed tonight and tomorrow. Dax, FTSE100 and STOXX50 all trading at -4.00% now.

Be prepared. Not the end yet. There will be more of such deep dives going forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

hyenergix
22-09-11, 18:20
U guys r making me so excited. I have a chance to buy a FH landed at $1mil soon. Maybe.

ysyap
22-09-11, 18:20
Be prepared. Not the end yet. There will be more of such deep dives going forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(At this rate, it's not deep enough unless it is going down for successive 5 to 8 days. :scared-3:

Laguna
22-09-11, 18:21

Dow pre-market is down 170 as well.

The tomorrow date is read long ago to be a very bad day...the other date is 27 Sept...all these readings were shared with u all two weeks back...and hope I got it

But the questions I face now, it is going to turn after 27 Sept...if there is a panic on that day...if turns, turns on what fundamental...

focus
22-09-11, 19:19
U guys r making me so excited. I have a chance to buy a FH landed at $1mil soon. Maybe.

DONT MAKE ME SO EXCITED! ..
Wait it never come, i will be very disappointed..

mantrix
22-09-11, 19:21

there will be 100,000 of you...:(

phantom_opera
22-09-11, 19:49
It depends on shanghai A-share tomorrow, whether it will go below last year support at 2,400 ... now China stock market leads ...

Laguna
22-09-11, 20:56
It depends on shanghai A-share tomorrow, whether it will go below last year support at 2,400 ... now China stock market leads ...

well, HSI looks east, look west
Sg market looks west first and Europe

Depends on how tonite DJIA, premarket down 282 now

azeoprop
22-09-11, 21:26
Major european stocks all plunging nearly 5% :scared-1: :scared-3:

smallant
22-09-11, 23:41
:) This is history in the making....
What goes down ... must goes up too....

Douk
23-09-11, 06:18

Your comment is interesting.. Fundamentally bearish, technically bearish.. But markets is interesting? Pls share more. expecting quick recovery again? Thanks.

Laguna
23-09-11, 10:07
Your comment is interesting.. Fundamentally bearish, technically bearish.. But markets is interesting? Pls share more. expecting quick recovery again? Thanks.

I find it very difficult to share, u need to do ur own readings and research and form your own conclusion.

BTW, the dates is +/- 2 days...forgot to add in to that....I overlooked 24 Sept is a Saturday

phantom_opera
23-09-11, 15:05
Support level of Shanghai-A and Dow still holding, 3rd leg of correction not yet, not so soon, still in 2nd phase consolidation :2cents:

DC33_2008
23-09-11, 16:52
Love the rollercoaster ride- Down and Up 30cents within a day for CDL.

phantom_opera
23-09-11, 20:11
Dow futures testing support level now, -15X at 1057X

An accelerating crisis in financial markets and worsening economic outlook will push the eurozone into recession, City economists have forecast.

Economists at Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) said in a note they had revised down their economic forecasts for the region and "now expect a full blown recession".

DC33_2008
23-09-11, 21:15
LATEST: ECB Ready to Act Next Month If Outlook Worsens:doh:

DC33_2008
23-09-11, 21:21
U.S. stock futures fell, indicating the Dow Jones Industrial Average will have the biggest weekly decline since 2008, as policy makers failed to reassure investors they can support the global economy.

azeoprop
23-09-11, 22:22
2012 = total collapse of world's economy? :scared-3:

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 10:14
Ku Swee Yong specialises in property services for high-net-worth clients. He said that "In the next few years, I will be sticking with the five- to 10-year-old properties in the central regions." What do you think?

richwang
24-09-11, 10:39
If you look at the intraday behavior of the market, u can sense Singapore Government is in action. The stock prices started to fall early part in the morning, but towards lunch time, all government linked stocks started to climb: SIA, StarHub, SingTel, ST Eng. At the same time, SGD is getting stronger (from a low of USD 1.3x back to 1.28).

Let's hope SGD will become stronger next week: USD 1.24?

Thanks,
Richard

phantom_opera
24-09-11, 10:43
Optima 1br transacted at 1373psf, this is almost same psf as Waterbank / 8@W :scared-5:

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 665,000 484 Strata 1,373psf Sep-11

WATERBANK AT DAKOTA DAKOTA CRESCENT Condominium 1 676,632 484 Strata 1,397psf Jun-11

8@WOODLEIGH WOODLEIGH CLOSE Condominium 1 550,000 398 Strata 1,381psf Aug-11

devilplate
24-09-11, 11:17
Optima 1br transacted at 1373psf, this is almost same psf as Waterbank / 8@W :scared-5:

OPTIMA @ TANAH MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Condominium 1 665,000 484 Strata 1,373psf Sep-11

WATERBANK AT DAKOTA DAKOTA CRESCENT Condominium 1 676,632 484 Strata 1,397psf Jun-11

8@WOODLEIGH WOODLEIGH CLOSE Condominium 1 550,000 398 Strata 1,381psf Aug-11
Facing mrt track somemore

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 11:43
Bad choice.

land118
24-09-11, 12:48
Faced track can be quite noisy, every 5 mins, u get MRT roaring down the track. But residents who lived facing tracks have tend to get used to it over time. Worst are those who do shift works...sleep during day....:doh:

Lovelle
24-09-11, 14:28

i am beginnning to see "the" value...

devilplate
24-09-11, 14:32
i am beginnning to see "the" value...
Told u wb studio at 1400psf subsale gd deal for buyer:D

Full marble flooring somemore:D

Lovelle
24-09-11, 14:35
Told u wb studio at 1400psf subsale gd deal for buyer:D

Full marble flooring somemore:D

i hope still available ...

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 15:07
See if blackjacktrader prediction is true with a rebound on 27 sept.

Laguna
24-09-11, 18:38
See if blackjacktrader prediction is true with a rebound on 27 sept.

good, let BJ21 made this prediction
But I need to add, the reading is the western time, and may happen during eastern time....

hopefully it happens...but I hv yet to study what is next

DC33_2008
24-09-11, 18:59
good, let BJ21 made this prediction
But I need to add, the reading is the western time, and may happen during eastern time....

hopefully it happens...but I hv yet to study what is next Yup. I follow closely to bloomberg .

Laguna
24-09-11, 20:07
Yup. I follow closely to bloomberg .

VERY STRESS LAH!
regretted in sharing this...
U are so active now in the forum...perhaps share ur view as well

Laguna
26-09-11, 13:58
For those looking into 27 Sept, I hv the following qualifications

1. trade at your risk
2. a panic sale does not mean it is bottom..

I will be build the long positions from 27 Sept till 2 Oct.....see how things move...but very scary...sometimes, it is better not to trade than to trade

The only one is right all the times is the market

East Lover
26-09-11, 14:14
For those looking into 27 Sept, I hv the following qualifications

1. trade at your risk
2. a panic sale does not mean it is bottom..

I will be build the long positions from 27 Sept till 2 Oct.....see how things move...but very scary...sometimes, it is better not to trade than to trade

The only one is right all the times is the market
how long will SG property market reflect the bearish stock market?

masterkey
26-09-11, 14:14
Faced track can be quite noisy, every 5 mins, u get MRT roaring down the track. But residents who lived facing tracks have tend to get used to it over time. Worst are those who do shift works...sleep during day....:doh:

Facing MRT track, a big no no. Even if one gets above 30th floor, the sound doesn't seem to diminish much. And if yours is an "unblocked view" of the track, the noise complete with doppler effects can drive you crazy ... :banghead:

devilplate
26-09-11, 14:17
how long will SG property market reflect the bearish stock market?
Subrpime broke out in oct 07 and stocks been dropping but ppty din drop till end of 2008

East Lover
26-09-11, 14:20
Subrpime broke out in oct 07 and stocks been dropping but ppty din drop till end of 2008
wow so end of 2012, together with the over-supply in 2012....
12-12-2012???:scared-5: or 20-12-2012?

Laguna
26-09-11, 14:26
wow so end of 2012, together with the over-supply in 2012....
12-12-2012???:scared-5: or 20-12-2012?

so, u shall buy me a great dinner....
perhaps to clarify

those who had avoided some loss due to my call, shall buy me dinner

East Lover
26-09-11, 14:29
so, u shall buy me a great dinner....
:ashamed1: :ashamed1: :ashamed1:

phantom_opera
26-09-11, 14:48
Dow futures -120
Shanghai-A -1.9% @ 2,386
Gold 1551USD

Looks like 3rd leg down is taking place

Laguna
26-09-11, 14:58
Dow futures -120
Shanghai-A -1.9% @ 2,386
Gold 1551USD

Looks like 3rd leg down is taking place

can share ur reading?

phantom_opera
26-09-11, 15:09
can share ur reading?

IMO, judging from Shanghai A closing off its low, Dow may still hold its support tonight. The key thing is not whether you are long or you are short, it is how fast can you reverse your position if you are caught on the wrong side ... nowadays caught on the wrong side is no joke, Silver is one good example

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 15:14
Let's see what happen to Europe market. Will be a sea of RED?:scared-1:
IMO, judging from Shanghai A closing off its low, Dow may still hold its support tonight. The key thing is not whether you are long or you are short, it is how fast can you reverse your position if you are caught on the wrong side ... nowadays caught on the wrong side is no joke, Silver is one good example

phantom_opera
26-09-11, 15:32

Warren Buffett up stakes in Tesco, BAC ... he seems to be confident in US economy in medium term .... or he is doing National Service :D

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 15:45
Europe:

STOXX 50 (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=SX5E:IND) 2,020.69-5.34 -0.26% FTSE 100 (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=UKX:IND) 5,025.47-41.34 -0.82% DAX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=DAX:IND)5,180.96-15.60 -0.30%

phantom_opera
26-09-11, 16:25
Dow futures positive, from -120 to +50 ... best strategy is to sell into weak rebound

Laguna
26-09-11, 16:32
Dow futures positive, from -120 to +50 ... best strategy is to sell into weak rebound

yes, ru right, but still need to set stop

anyway, I stay clear at the moment and wait for tomorrow
building up long from tomorrow till 2 Oct...

East Lover
26-09-11, 16:48
Sorry, a 'silly' question- red is up or down? I remember shanghai A Share is using green to indicate dropping...:o

phantom_opera
26-09-11, 17:30
Dow futures +80

Nowadays volatility is the norm.

DC33_2008
26-09-11, 17:34
It's roller-coaster ride again this evening:
STOXX 50 (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=SX5E:IND) 2,086.2860.25 2.97% FTSE 100 (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=UKX:IND) 5,113.6446.83 0.92% DAX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=DAX:IND)5,336.15139.59 2.69%

Dow futures +80

Nowadays volatility is the norm.

phantom_opera
26-09-11, 18:04
The latest HDB bond is horrible, wonder who are the buyers:

The issuance comprises a S$625 million, 5-year Fixed Rate Notes issue with a coupon of 1.01% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear.

devilplate
26-09-11, 18:22
The latest HDB bond is horrible, wonder who are the buyers:

The issuance comprises a S$625 million, 5-year Fixed Rate Notes issue with a coupon of 1.01% per annum payable semi-annually in arrear.
Wow!

Maybank fd higher for 2yrs...whahahaha

samsara
26-09-11, 23:10
For your reading pleasure.

http://www.bruegel.org/publications/publication-detail/publication/606-resolving-the-european-debt-crisis-conference-summary/

Should they eventually adopt this (not that they have many other options),
the next bigger wave of inflation and liquidity will sweep across the world.

It's basically what the U.S. did in 2008-2009 (that triggered the 'recovery'
in 2009-2011), on a much grander scale (countries now versus banks in round one, trillions now instead of just billions).

As they always say: buckle up and hang on tight 'coz it's going to be a
roller-coaster ride!

phantom_opera
27-09-11, 12:15
Weak rebound, the China A-share only up by 0.3% in morning session, if weak closing better don't establish long position

paulho77
27-09-11, 15:19
goldman rules the world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqN3amj6AcE&feature=share

samsara
27-09-11, 20:05
The pendulum, it swings both left and right.

As it swings left, the bulls are skewered and hung up to dry. As it swings right, the shorts are fried and the bears run for cover.

Only one person grins throughout the day - the wielder of the pendulum, that devious one.

He is the banker, the house. He is the only one who wins throughout.

Layer upon layer, the deception is built. Layer upon layer, till reality is blurred.

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 20:41
Pendulum swing is best for contra. STI rose 71pts today. :spliff: Wait for the next downturn.

DC33_2008
27-09-11, 22:22
BJ. DJ is up 200+ plus points as at 10.20pm. :)

smallant
28-09-11, 00:27
Sell Sell Sell... Esp Big Apple.. new iphone 5... next wk.. :tongue3:

HP65
28-09-11, 01:23
The pendulum, it swings both left and right.

As it swings left, the bulls are skewered and hung up to dry. As it swings right, the shorts are fried and the bears run for cover.

Only one person grins throughout the day - the wielder of the pendulum, that devious one.

He is the banker, the house. He is the only one who wins throughout.

Layer upon layer, the deception is built. Layer upon layer, till reality is blurred.

Interesting...or in my term....zhuang1 jia1 always win :spliff:

DC33_2008
28-09-11, 09:06
RETRENCHMENT COMING OUR WAY SOON:

Goldman to cut more jobs, sources warn

by THE NEW YORK TIMES
07:29 AM Sep 28, 2011
var fontIndex = 2; var fontSize = new Array('0.63em', '0.69em', '0.75em', '0.88em', '1em', '1.13em');
NEW YORK - Goldman Sachs, bracing for what could be one of its worst quarters since it went public 12 years ago, is preparing to expand its cost-cutting initiative by hundreds of millions of dollars, a move that could lead to additional job losses at the Wall Street bank.

This summer, Goldman said that it would wring out US$1.2 billion (S$1.53 billion) in costs from its operations by mid-2012 and cut roughly 1,000 jobs, about 3 per cent of its work force. But as the market turmoil has weighed on trading and other businesses in recent weeks, senior executives have been debating even deeper reductions, according to people briefed on the matter who were not authorised to speak publicly

ysyap
28-09-11, 09:18
It's been a roller coaster this couple of months. Good news followed by bad news followed by good followed by bad... Stocks up and down. At this rate, property market whose response time is lagging couple of months has no chance for clear price correction so 2011 property will still not end on a low! :tsk-tsk:

gn108
28-09-11, 10:41
It's all too early to say there will be a clear trend up or down.
But risk has clearly increased.
Banks announcing their margins to increase, govt increase land supply, CMs and completions to spike from next year till 2014.

But if rates remain low (it will) and people still come in for work - prices should be supported. Retrenchments is the main risk/variable now. For some, no rental may mean default of mortgage.

It's been a roller coaster this couple of months. Good news followed by bad news followed by good followed by bad... Stocks up and down. At this rate, property market whose response time is lagging couple of months has no chance for clear price correction so 2011 property will still not end on a low! :tsk-tsk:

gn108
28-09-11, 10:47
Business Times - 24 Sep 2011
Pink slips flutter across Asia's foreign banks
Industry professionals, headhunters expect more firing rounds to come
(Hong Kong)
FIRINGS are picking up pace at foreign banks across Asia, with industry professionals and headhunters saying that more rounds are set to come.
Since the 2008 financial crisis, Asia's rapid economic growth led to an expansion of the banking industry in the region, with most foreign banks insulated from deeper cuts that occurred along the way in the United States and Europe.
While banks may still see less of a hit across Asia than other parts of the world, hopes of being immune from a major culling ended in the past few weeks, with pink slips hitting most foreign financial institutions across the region.
'There's hardly anyone in the market who is looking to hire. Only business- critical positions are getting filled,' said Aditya Modi, partner at Transcend HR Solutions, a Mumbai-based financial services placement agency. 'It looks like we are heading towards 2008 in terms of hiring trends.'
Massive cuts announced globally by Bank of America Corp and HSBC Holdings plc are beginning to make a dent across their Asia offices.
BofA-Merrill Lynch has laid off three of its six Asia general industry bankers, with more cuts expected in the investment banking department over the next few weeks, sources familiar with the matter said. The prime-broking unit has let staff go as well.
In India, the bank, which has about 1,000 staff in the country for its banking operations, is cutting about 10 jobs, most of which are from the investment banking team, sources with knowledge of the situation said.
Nomura has shed three jobs in Mumbai, according to sources with direct knowledge of the matter, with around 20 positions expected to go across the region, excluding Japan.
Underscoring the region's importance, Nomura's plans so far for cost reductions in Asia are well below what they are in Europe, where the bank is expected to cut around 300 jobs.
Despite the importance, job losses are piling up in major cities such as Hong Kong and Singapore.
Barclays has cut staff in Singapore, according to sources familiar with the matter.
HSBC's Hong Kong business will see 3,000 job losses over the next three years. The bank has begun laying off people at its corporate bank in Hong Kong, according to another executive recruiter who did not want to be named.
The bank has also said that it will increase jobs at a rate of around 1,000 per year in that same timeframe, focusing on creating or repositioning roles that are more revenue generating and client facing.
Swiss bank Credit Suisse is reducing about 20 per cent of its staff in the India wealth management unit as part of its global headcount reduction plans amid tough market conditions, two sources with knowledge of the situation said last month.
Out of about 60 people in Credit Suisse's India wealth management unit, 12 are leaving the firm, the sources said.
'We're going into a financial crisis. There will be multiple rounds,' said a Hong Kong-based executive recruiter focused on the financial industry.
All the banks mentioned either declined to comment or could not immediately be reached for comment.
Asia's investment banking industry is heavily reliant on the equity capital markets which, by some estimates, accounts for around two-thirds of banks' revenues in the region.
While some offerings are pushing through in the current market turmoil, most deals are getting shelved or cancelled.
The big question for the bankers involved is whether markets will pick up again in a few months, or a few quarters.
The prospect of a quick recovery is quite dim, even in Asia, where markets last time quickly regained steam.
Certain parts of the bank remain running at full tilt, such as parts of the brokerage unit, said an investment banker at a US bank. The rest, is pretty quiet, the banker said.
'It's really grim,' said a managing director at a foreign bank, who did not want to be identified. 'And people expect it to remain this way for quite a while.' -- Reuters

phantom_opera
28-09-11, 11:30
GS trader said GS ruled the world lol

Looks like GS is heavily short ;)

phantom_opera
28-09-11, 15:02
Shanghai is down again below 2.4k, time to start short position.

DC33_2008
28-09-11, 17:57
Get ready again!
Shanghai is down again below 2.4k, time to start short position.

DC33_2008
29-09-11, 16:50
Results of the German's vote to support the region’s bailout fund, known as the European Financial Stability Facility should be out in 40 minutes time (Singapore Time: 5.30pm). Great implication on tonight's DJ and Tomorrow's STI.

phantom_opera
29-09-11, 17:54
China A-stock weakening again, if it plunges below this level with high volume.. is time to double the short position, when the world's factory is not doing well, it is a SIGN of worst

smallant
29-09-11, 23:28
think most reports / analysts / people / banks / great traders etc etc.. are all getting very very bearish ...... :scared-1:

Equities / gold / commodities like oil etc... all shitting...
Properties in USA / Europe puking... HK/China/Spore cooling off..

What do u think is the best asset class le ? :D

azeoprop
29-09-11, 23:47
Cash is King again? :beats-me-man:

mantrix
30-09-11, 07:52
When everyone is bearish it's time to be bullish :D

hyenergix
30-09-11, 08:00
When everyone is bearish it's time to be bullish :D

Yes, it's good to be in cash now. The entire Shell complex is hit badly. A lot of downstream petrochemical plants will be hit soon also. Force majeure. Even chemical sector can't be of help these few quarters.

Hopefully the rain this morning could help to douse whatever fire left. Please don't go swimming at the beach for the next few days.

mantrix
30-09-11, 08:05
Yes, it's good to be in cash now. The entire Shell complex is hit badly. A lot of downstream petrochemical plants will be hit soon also. Force majeure. Even chemical sector can't be of help these few quarters.

Hopefully the rain this morning could help to douse whatever fire left. Please don't go swimming at the beach for the next few days.

So any west coast residents here kena by the pollution?

Laguna
30-09-11, 08:24
think most reports / analysts / people / banks / great traders etc etc.. are all getting very very bearish ...... :scared-1:

Equities / gold / commodities like oil etc... all shitting...
Properties in USA / Europe puking... HK/China/Spore cooling off..

What do u think is the best asset class le ? :D

Crude :
effect of slow down is fully priced in, physical supply is limited, alternate is not here in the near term, price is controlled by OPEC. Good trading range as I mentioned earlier.

Soft : coffee and sugar
as the new gen are taking lot of coffee and sugar, the coffee market in China is huge potential.
Trading in soft is complex, Other than technical readings, need to know the inventory, the weather, the seasons, much more variables and unpredictable weather at times

DC33_2008
30-09-11, 08:25
Just got to ride with the waves.:)

phantom_opera
30-09-11, 10:47
I can slowly see a pattern, whenever there is a rebound due to good news, selling pressure will surface, Dow most of the time open high close low, China-A even worse, already lingering below the previous low of the year. I am growing more convinced about the next leg is DOWN.

http://img1.quotes.ws.126.net/chart/timechart/0000001.png?0.08281635562889278

phantom_opera
01-10-11, 06:58
Dow futures closed at 10,860 in afterhours trading, bloodbath for Asian market on Monday .... if China A plunged with high volume on Monday, that is the start of 3rd leg down, the momentum will be scary and bring Dow to its 10k support

ysyap
01-10-11, 07:01
If this unfavorable scenarios is sustained, full scale property price correction can begin as early as Dec 2011 or Jan 2012. Now housing prices are already showing pockets of weakness. :scared-3:

hyenergix
01-10-11, 07:23
There could be a lull period early to mid 2012 as buyers and sellers refuse to bulge. End of next year we could see real weakness, as the threat of interest rate increase in 2013 looms. Sellers' holding power and buyers' purchasing power could weaken

phantom_opera
01-10-11, 10:28
It will affect CCR more ... OCR has HDB resale prices / EC to support it, we will see further narrowing of OCR/CCR prices, both will go down though, unless STI goes below 2.4k, otherwise i don't think correction can go beyond 10-15%

Today's paper full of "goodies", really funny to see Thomson Grand offering to sell units with '8' below 1.2kpsf ....

minority
01-10-11, 12:14
It will affect CCR more ... OCR has HDB resale prices / EC to support it, we will see further narrowing of OCR/CCR prices, both will go down though, unless STI goes below 2.4k, otherwise i don't think correction can go beyond 10-15%

Today's paper full of "goodies", really funny to see Thomson Grand offering to sell units with '8' below 1.2kpsf ....

Thomson Grand not doing too well I heard.

Akira Fudou
01-10-11, 12:27
Is it a good time to buy some shares now?

DC33_2008
01-10-11, 13:07
Can ride the waves but you have to monitor closely. It will be rather turbulent next week.
Is it a good time to buy some shares now?

ysyap
01-10-11, 15:31
Thomson Grand not doing too well I heard.All the initial hype is gone... reality sinks in finally. $1400psf? Drove pass showflat today... pretty quiet from the outside and its been like that for the past many weekends! :scared-3:

hyenergix
01-10-11, 17:28
MRT station is yet to be announced... If it is 5-10 min walk, it will create another wave.

land118
01-10-11, 17:30
All the initial hype is gone... reality sinks in finally. $1400psf? Drove pass showflat today... pretty quiet from the outside and its been like that for the past many weekends! :scared-3:
Think after the initial buzz and foreigners buying, got quiet by the 7mth..., they need to revitalize buyers' interest again. But developer is HK and deep pockets...

DC33_2008
01-10-11, 17:32
Their stocks last friday should be badly affected.
Think after the initial buzz and foreigners buying, got quiet by the 7mth..., they need to revitalize buyers' interest again. But developer is HK and deep pockets...

land118
01-10-11, 17:38
Their stocks last friday should be badly affected.
Now hope for Thomson line station to announced...., if nearby, could see renewed interested...$8m show flat..comfy for agents to sit around and catch flies/mosquiitoes..:D

hyenergix
01-10-11, 17:41

Ok, $8 million showflat is now outdated and has no buzz. New $16 million showflat, please.

hyenergix
01-10-11, 17:42
Oh, just seen your post. Same thoughts.

Akira Fudou
01-10-11, 19:14
Can ride the waves but you have to monitor closely. It will be rather turbulent next week.

Bought some last friday, wondering should i just dump it first thing in the morning.

Fisherman
01-10-11, 20:33
Bought some last friday, wondering should i just dump it first thing in the morning.

Its a full fledge BEAR market now. If you must participate should SHORT during rebound. :tsk-tsk:

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 10:59
Yup, should short if got opportunity on Monday. But may not have chance after looking at the performance with Euros and DJs on Friday.
Its a full fledge BEAR market now. If you must participate should SHORT during rebound. :tsk-tsk:

phantom_opera
02-10-11, 11:03
Wall Street protesters force shutdown of Brooklyn Bridge

A sign of time ... unrest will become more widespread ... Police made arrest woh ... is US being double standard whenever accusing China of not respecting human rights? See how democratic US can be ;)

minority
02-10-11, 14:18
Ok, $8 million showflat is now outdated and has no buzz. New $16 million showflat, please.

seriously? do u believe its $8M? its just hype n marketing.. likly they say $8M base on all the list price of the stuff they put into the showflat. not the cost. I would be doubful it even cost them more than 1M!

hyenergix
02-10-11, 16:50
seriously? do u believe its $8M? its just hype n marketing.. likly they say $8M base on all the list price of the stuff they put into the showflat. not the cost. I would be doubful it even cost them more than 1M!

It is still $8 mil afterall to create the visual impact. Actually I wasn't impressed by the show flat.

DC33_2008
02-10-11, 16:53
Hong Konger always likes image. Singaporeans are more realistics.
It is still $8 mil afterall to create the visual impact. Actually I wasn't impressed by the show flat.

paulho77
02-10-11, 18:44
Now hope for Thomson line station to announced...., if nearby, could see renewed interested...$8m show flat..comfy for agents to sit around and catch flies/mosquiitoes..:D

was there this afternoon...agent told me the project was 70% sold out...

minority
02-10-11, 20:11
was there this afternoon...agent told me the project was 70% sold out...

70% of releases units is it? U must always ask specifically. Coz sometimes they play ard with the stats.

land118
02-10-11, 20:14
70% of releases units is it? U must always ask specifically. Coz sometimes they play ard with the stats.
Ya, Paulho77, there is a difference between 70% of project and 70% of launched units...

Total units in project =329 units...

As of end aug URA data, Sold 121 units out of 205 units launched...

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 10:35
HSCE is down 5% ... US threatening to investigate Chinese accounting tricks ... bad timing ... will only cause further panic in the market

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 11:51
Frightening bear emerged in Hong Kong market when Shanghai is closed .... the all important 17k support looks like in danger of breaching. Today potential down 1000 points for HK in the worst case/

DC33_2008
03-10-11, 11:57
HSI not so far from 1000pts drop.

Nikkei (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=NKY:IND) 8,482.49-217.80 -2.50% TOPIX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=TPX:IND)738.73-22.44 -2.95% Hang Seng (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HSI:IND) 16,789.40-803.05 -4.56%

land118
03-10-11, 13:01
HSI not so far from 1000pts drop.

Nikkei (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=NKY:IND) 8,482.49-217.80 -2.50% TOPIX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=TPX:IND)738.73-22.44 -2.95% Hang Seng (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HSI:IND) 16,789.40-803.05 -4.56% some of the blue-chips look tempting now....

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 14:06
Futures:

Dow -90
HK -740
HSCE -447

FTSE future below 5k :scared-4:

Today all support level must go, 3rd leg down since the beginning of bear market

Laguna
03-10-11, 14:07
taking a rest from market...

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 15:02
Confirm HK closing below 17k today.

Consider increase short position, STI 2.4k target

devilplate
03-10-11, 15:09
The current market resemble abit of 2008! So nxt yr firesale for ppty!:D

DC33_2008
03-10-11, 15:28
Can buy two Cs next year: Condo and Car. :)

bargain hunter
03-10-11, 15:29
too early to compare rite? currently still looks like 2011 vs 2007. but if 2012 looks like 2008 then hehehehehehehehe.

Worsty
03-10-11, 15:36
Wall Street protesters force shutdown of Brooklyn Bridge

A sign of time ... unrest will become more widespread ... Police made arrest woh ... is US being double standard whenever accusing China of not respecting human rights? See how democratic US can be ;)

They can protest, just don't block the bridge. That's jaywalking/trespassing or whatever offence. Anyway, they were just brought to a station and issue a ticket and free to leave the station.

Worsty
03-10-11, 15:39
More 2007...still a way more to 2008...Dow was what? 8000+?

Regulators
03-10-11, 15:57
i am waiting for sti to drop much further, luckily i never itchy fingers go tikum here and there last week. When playing stocks have to be very patient.

cl0ver
03-10-11, 15:59
Sotheby’s (BID) failed to sell all of the wine in a Hong Kong auction for the first time in 17 sales as China’s wealthy collectors passed on oversized bottles of Chateau Lafite Rothschild yesterday in Hong Kong

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 16:00
More 2007...still a way more to 2008...Dow was what? 8000+?

Not accurate. Must use the Dow Gold ratio:

http://home.earthlink.net/~intelligentbear/dj-au-ratio-mt.gif

Take 10,800 / 1,650 ~= 6.6
Most likely will hit 5, so it will be something like 9,000 / 1,800

Both are priced in USD and factored in inflation

Long term:

http://home.earthlink.net/~intelligentbear/dj-au-ratio-lt.gif

Laguna
03-10-11, 16:18

dump? contra? hold?

DC33_2008
03-10-11, 16:24
Got holding power?
dump? contra? hold?

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 16:30
I really really hope Dow Gold ratio of 1.0 in the history will never come again :eek:

Dow 5000, Gold 5000??

hopeful
03-10-11, 17:22
I really really hope Dow Gold ratio of 1.0 in the history will never come again :eek:

Dow 5000, Gold 5000??
OK what, if come again, just sell gold to buy stocks.

Akira Fudou
03-10-11, 17:47
dump? contra? hold?

dump some... KIV the rest... dont feel like holding, i rather pay the losses

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 18:08
OK what, if come again, just sell gold to buy stocks.

If Dow goes to 5,000 ... possible to have war .... HDB may crash 50%, private property may crash back to 2003/04 level :scared-1:

phantom_opera
03-10-11, 21:54
“买了浦发,白了头发;
买了太保,三餐不保;
买了人寿,越来越瘦;
买了平安,彻夜难安;
买了工商,全身是伤;
买了基金,天天抽筋;
买了石油,锅里没油;
买了石化,直接火化”

“千点狂泻,万股折腰。望沪深两市,一地鸡毛。”

lol

ecimbew
03-10-11, 22:06
Enjoying the drama while eating my dinner.

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 07:18
Guys, we are officially in the 3rd leg of correction, Dow@10k here it comes

10,605 Dow futures -45
STI is expected to open down 1.3%

BAC/C are down 10% each last night breaching previous support level

hyenergix
04-10-11, 07:32
STI 2500 is coming! Buy properties with vigilance now!

- Those that (actually) TOP 2015 or later
- FH or 999LH near MRT (or 99LH within 10 min walk to MRT)
- 40% downpayment at least

For those who are waiting at the sideline: Work hard, upgrade yourself and save hard. Next downturn in 1-2 years' later might be a golden period for property shopping :)

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 08:42
Nikkei down 1.78% at open. When will STI hit 2500?
Guys, we are officially in the 3rd leg of correction, Dow@10k here it comes

10,605 Dow futures -45
STI is expected to open down 1.3%

BAC/C are down 10% each last night breaching previous support level

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 09:15
Will HSI drop another 700plus points today?

minority
04-10-11, 09:25
Stocks are going for a Dive.. prop will be 6mths lagg behind I guess

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:36
Stocks are going for a Dive.. prop will be 6mths lagg behind I guess

see how long this drag on....if stock market recover within next 3-6mths, ppty px may not drop at all:2cents:

cl0ver
04-10-11, 09:40
starhub is a hard c*ck..
2.84 withstanding the storm.....

devilplate
04-10-11, 09:41
starhub is a hard c*ck..
2.84 withstanding the storm.....

den tiger is wat cxxk?:D

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 09:45
Stock market has less than 30% chance to recover within 3-6m without some drastic action like full-fledged QE3 (and the amount must be big) or Germans go all the way out to save Greece. Market originally expecting Bernanke to print but he instead announced this "Operation Twist" which "twisted" the market. On the other hand, 3 out of 4 Germans are against further bailout so political will of protecting Euro might be shaky too.

And don't forget another wildcard - China, don't assume it is all rosy. It could be the ultimate killer in bringing all of us down. China is long pending for at least 30% correction in its property market.

Still, I don't think today will be as volatile, most likely flat due to short covering for positions built up last week

ysyap
04-10-11, 09:53
Any good news concerning Greece default will send stocks flying again. Any bad news will just bring it down further. Its just so volatile! :scared-3:

East Lover
04-10-11, 10:39
STOI 2575 now! below 2600 liao!

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:40
STOI 2575 now! below 2600 liao!

since opening oredi below 2600 lor:p

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 10:42
Waiting for STI to go below 2500pts.

Nikkei (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=NKY:IND) 8,406.33-139.15 -1.63% TOPIX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=TPX:IND)733.47-13.64 -1.83% Hang Seng (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HSI:IND) 16,717.60-104.60 -0.62%

devilplate
04-10-11, 10:44
Waiting for STI to go below 2500pts.

Nikkei (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=NKY:IND) 8,406.33-139.15 -1.63% TOPIX (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=TPX:IND)733.47-13.64 -1.83% Hang Seng (http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/quote?ticker=HSI:IND) 16,717.60-104.60 -0.62%

looks like 2000pts is not a dream?

yr end xmas GSS on its way?:spliff:

cl0ver
04-10-11, 11:50
HSI puts looking very nice....

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 11:56
HSI futures -240
Dow futures -57

After breaching 17k, no retest yet, that means there is an urgency to sell sell sell sell sell

bargain hunter
04-10-11, 12:12
be careful what u wish for, later drop to 2000, u buy then it becomes depression, drop below 1400. :D

looks like 2000pts is not a dream?

yr end xmas GSS on its way?:spliff:

devilplate
04-10-11, 12:58
be careful what u wish for, later drop to 2000, u buy then it becomes depression, drop below 1400. :D
Dun leverage too much lor....drop to 2k most likely starts to accumulAte nia....shall only showhand when starts to chiong:D

Now tok tok also useless....drop to 2400pts first:D

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 15:31
HSI futures -400

500 point drop looks likely

DC33_2008
04-10-11, 18:02
STI drop 90pts today.
HSI futures -400

500 point drop looks likely

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 18:13
LUXEMBOURG (Reuters) - European finance ministers are considering making banks take bigger losses on Greek debt and have delayed a vital aid payment to Athens until mid-November, setting up a crunch point in the euro zone's sovereign debt crisis.

Bank shares took a further sharp tumble on Tuesday, leading a broader stock market retreat, after the 17 euro zone ministers, meeting in Luxembourg, called for a review of a July 21 debt swap agreement with private bondholders.

=> main reason why bank shares tumbled everywhere from Citi, BAC, German banks to Dexia

phantom_opera
04-10-11, 20:27
Dow futures below 10,500

At this rate, 10k will be tested this Friday ;)

Laguna
04-10-11, 22:23
It is very sad to see so many friends kana.

In late June and Aug, I posted in FB warning frns of the technical and fundamental readings, and advised them to cut loss.

However, the mind set is so different for those buying shares. Once they are in, it is so difficult for them to cut loss. Die Die is to hold and average down. At times, even average down the same lousy counters.

And some, said cheap, cheap, buy, buy...buy buy and cry cry...

not only suffer losses, but no more bullets...

azeoprop
04-10-11, 22:51
Hopefully properties don't go down as fast as stocks, or else I also cry cry...

:scared-3:

hyenergix
04-10-11, 22:51

In late June and Aug, I posted in FB warning frns of the technical and fundamental readings, and advised them to cut loss.

However, the mind set is so different for those buying shares. Once they are in, it is so difficult for them to cut loss. Die Die is to hold and average down. At times, even average down the same lousy counters.

They are "buying for the long term"? Familiar phrase? Get ready for longer retirement age and larger minimum sums in CPF.

minority
04-10-11, 23:18
Hopefully properties don't go down as fast as stocks, or else I also cry cry...

:scared-3:

6mths.. or so if this situation persist.

maisonjai
04-10-11, 23:22

In late June and Aug, I posted in FB warning frns of the technical and fundamental readings, and advised them to cut loss....
Add us on ur FB leh, can?

phantom_opera
05-10-11, 06:51
Dow had a reversal last night and hit 10,800 but futures is weakening slightly to 10,760... previous support level now become resistance, to observe how HK market behaves later to validate such reversal

Laguna
05-10-11, 07:01
Dow had a reversal last night and hit 10,800 but futures is weakening slightly to 10,760... previous support level now become resistance, to observe how HK market behaves later to validate such reversal
HSI closes today

proud owner
05-10-11, 09:02

HK holiday today lah

radha08
05-10-11, 13:36
by today or tommorow we going to break 2500 and all hell going to break loose.....GREAT if u are a shortie...but i got no guts to go long or short...:doh: ...just sit on sideline and watch....kinda like spectator at a football game...:scared-3: ...Brazil VS Singapore....:scared-1: scores,,,,,10-0:D

radha08
05-10-11, 13:46

this game there is NO reward...i got burnt so many times....no more feeling nowadays...just look see nibble a bit...loose few HUNDRED throw and cut loss...hai ya....should have donated all that money to charity at least get blessings...:(

phantom_opera
05-10-11, 14:28
GIC is buying HK China stocks ...last time under Tony Tan bought banks shares too early, would history repeat itself? I still remember Jim Rogers said SG gov will lose $$ :banghead:

phantom_opera
05-10-11, 15:32
Europe initial rally quickly fizzled out .... bearish signal again, let's see whether FTSE can close above 5k

hyenergix
05-10-11, 17:37
GIC is buying HK China stocks ...last time under Tony Tan bought banks shares too early, would history repeat itself? I still remember Jim Rogers said SG gov will lose $$ :banghead:

We have been taxed too heavily. A lot of our hard-earned money instead of being used by government to invest in better infrastructures, provide better quality of life in terms of education, health care and assisting the poor and sick, and donating to charities, is now used to buy useless overseas companies that are bleeding money.

land118
05-10-11, 17:54
We have been taxed too heavily. A lot of our hard-earned money instead of being used by government to invest in better infrastructures, provide better quality of life in terms of education, health care and assisting the poor and sick, and donating to charities, is now used to buy useless overseas companies that are bleeding money.
UBS, Citi...2 of the most famous...:scared-4:

amk
11-10-11, 11:45
so looks like rebound started ? triggered by EU "Tarp" and EU "QE" ...
kick the can down the road a bit more... in the mean time can try to gamble on this market :D

phantom_opera
11-10-11, 13:21
Still I have nagging concern about why China-A stock is so weak, opened this morning up so much but now totally losing steam :tsk-tsk: If want to go long, short term only.

DC33_2008
11-10-11, 14:20
Start to sell some after going marketing last week.

land118
25-10-11, 07:35
Dow up again, more panic buying later on Asian bourses...:D

ysyap
25-10-11, 07:47
Up and down, up and down, the story of the months... such a trend will persist for months ahead! No need to rush to buy or sell lah!!! Seen enough to know that! :sleep:

land118
25-10-11, 07:55
Up and down, up and down, the story of the months... such a trend will persist for months ahead! No need to rush to buy or sell lah!!! Seen enough to know that! :sleep:
Ya....going to have a positive impact of property prices if continue to edge up. Developers could start to launch more projects b4 year end...

ysyap
25-10-11, 07:58
Its become apparent that developers are launching new projects before 2012. They rushing out these launches as if they know something about 2012... :scared-3:

art10626
25-10-11, 08:21
Nothing new there I guess... havent there been reports that they have been shortening construction sale cycle? Uncertainty ahead, hold cash cannot go wrong... what inflation?

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 08:29
Market is driving up. Cash out some more and enter again.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 08:36
Hold, don't sell

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 08:39
STI will continue to move up? At what level to sell?
Hold, don't sell

ysyap
25-10-11, 08:43
Hold cash waiting to enter in 12 to 18 months when the down reaches the trough! :o

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 08:49
Nikkei opens almost flat and slightly below. Thought of getting rid of some as tomorro's market is closed for public holiday.

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 09:55
I think high chance Dow can overcome 12k resistance if gold staying flat

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 10:29
Hopefully positive news from the coming up EU Summit.

land118
25-10-11, 11:20
cream off some profit$, 2moro STI holiday, so can sleep peacefully. Thurs look & see again what Eurozone is up to...:D

ysyap
25-10-11, 11:21
Hopefully positive news from the coming up EU Summit.I stopped hoping 2 months back. Its a cycle.. up and down and up and down! Just wait for the result but prepared for any conceivable outcome! Up or down, come what may, just be prepared! :p

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 11:32
Despite property market correction, China-A managed to form a double bottom at around 2,315 .... i think stock market may be the best place to park your $$ for the next 6m time frame

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 12:41
Have already done deal for some yesterday. Now STI is in the red.
cream off some profit$, 2moro STI holiday, so can sleep peacefully. Thurs look & see again what Eurozone is up to...:D

rattydrama
25-10-11, 14:15

got chance for gold to move down from 16xx?

DC33_2008
25-10-11, 14:49
An analyst from bloomberg clips said that it can avalanche and drop to US$1300 or even US1000. Time to buy :) .
got chance for gold to move down from 16xx?

ysyap
25-10-11, 15:09
In the mean time, adopt the position of wait and see! :D

rattydrama
25-10-11, 15:17
An analyst from bloomberg clips said that it can avalanche and drop to US$1300 or even US1000. Time to buy :) .

when will be the time? If thats the case, will USD go up?

phantom_opera
25-10-11, 18:04
Neutral about gold, bullish about stocks & oil for next 3m

Property in SG, imo will stay flat. Property market in China will correct 25% but will not crash, thanks to a well-engineered soft landing

art10626
26-10-11, 01:01

Property in SG, imo will stay flat. Property market in China will correct 25% but will not crash, thanks to a well-engineered soft landing

25% sounds like a big crash already... i will be losing sleep over it at least...

ysyap
26-10-11, 07:49

Property in SG, imo will stay flat. Property market in China will correct 25% but will not crash, thanks to a well-engineered soft landingUnlikely that China's property market will undergo 25% correction but having no effect on the other markets. Hmmm...:beats-me-man:

Jonathan0503
26-10-11, 10:53
Unlikely that China's property market will undergo 25% correction but having no effect on the other markets. Hmmm...:beats-me-man:

Just saw on the papers that property buyers in Shanghai are protesting against the developers for a refund by selling their unsold units at a 25% discount.

I will be angry too if that happens to me.....

devilplate
26-10-11, 11:00
Just saw on the papers that property buyers in Shanghai are protesting against the developers for a refund by selling their unsold units at a 25% discount.

sure angry but if it happens in SG....u just goto LPPL:p

so buy at ur own risk.....lose $$ dun cry mother cry father

howgozit
26-10-11, 11:07

With yourself or the developer?

DC33_2008
26-10-11, 11:07
Should follow FEO give branded furniture vouchers.

phantom_opera
26-10-11, 17:34
Wanke stock got strong support at RMB7 .... market obviously expecting end of policy action in 6m time:

http://img1.quotes.ws.126.net/chart/kchart/week/1000002.png

samuelk
26-10-11, 19:26
Should follow FEO give branded furniture vouchers.
I thot that the furniture vouchers are actually cash rebate to go under neath the radar of ...?:scared-2:

ysyap
26-10-11, 19:32
So buy FEO properties knowing they can hold prices when economy turns down so your property will still maintain its psf or at least you won't lose 25% instantly! :o

kane
26-10-11, 23:00
So buy FEO properties knowing they can hold prices when economy turns down so your property will still maintain its psf or at least you won't lose 25% instantly! :o

You should be worried about the neighbors rather than FEO.

Jonathan0503
27-10-11, 09:41
With yourself or the developer?

With the developer for being unethical but what to do?

Will this happen to Spore?

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 09:53
Sold off my position this morning ...;)

Laguna
27-10-11, 09:54
Sold off my position this morning, good luck

what's next?

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 09:57
what's next?

Doing nothing is best :D

ysyap
27-10-11, 10:04
what's next?When times are down, take a holiday on the back of a strong local currency. When the economy finally decides its gonna be a low or high, then return to reposition! :cheers1:

Laguna
27-10-11, 10:13
Doing nothing is best :D

just do things I like to do...
afterall life is short and unpredictable...
enjoy $ that we have made is the best...

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 10:20
To me, all good news out already:

1. Euro zone leaders intend to scale up their emergency rescue fund, the European Financial Stability Facility, to give it an estimated firepower of about 1 trillion euros ($1.38 trillion)

2. China will invest in EFSF

Dow's 12k resistance probably be tested tonight, what's next? :p
Nothing really changes fundamentally.

ysyap
27-10-11, 10:25
So those who are waiting for falling durians will have to go on waiting lah! :beats-me-man:

land118
27-10-11, 10:29

1. Euro zone leaders intend to scale up their emergency rescue fund, the European Financial Stability Facility, to give it an estimated firepower of about 1 trillion euros ($1.38 trillion)

Dow's 12k resistance probably be tested tonight, what's next? :p
Nothing really changes fundamentally. CHINA involvement will surely boost confidence..., global markets will stabilise and edge up towards end of the year...; buyers waiting for property crash will have to pray for 2012 now...:2cents:

amk
27-10-11, 13:12

3. Banks agreed to write down 50% Greek bonds.

4. Banks agreed to be recapitalized to the tune of 106bln by June 2012.

4 may cause funding squeeze if not managed properly.

but after all, a very good step forward.

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 13:25
Another day to die for

Futures around 12,015 up 150

It is amazing how fast the market goes up from 10,500 to 12,000 ... 14%

DC33_2008
27-10-11, 13:39
Same here. Still looking strong now.
Sold off my position this morning ...;)

howgozit
27-10-11, 14:11
Originally Posted by phantom_opera

4. Banks agreed to be recapitalized to the tune of 106bln by June 2012.

4 may cause funding squeeze if not managed properly.

but after all, a very good step forward.

These will stave off a plunge in the immediate future, further foward I am not so sure.

amk
27-10-11, 14:54
These will stave off a plunge in the immediate future, further foward I am not so sure.
if u r referring to "fundamentals" ..... fundamentally speaking, this world economy is ran by the west over spending and the east over saving. It's a grossly unbalanced (and unfair) economy. China/India/3rd world countries save hard, work hard and produce goods for the west to consume, and the west play hard, spend hard and borrow all their future monies with no end. Whatever measures EU/US take, have always been kicking the can further down the road. There is no solution no matter what. As of now, the "further" the can is pushed, the "better" a solution it is. we as small time investors can only find trading opportunities in this grossly unfair world.

Worsty
27-10-11, 15:17

Wouldn't the 50% loss of principal drive the value of billions if not trillions of dollars of CDSs to zero? That has to have a major negative impact on the derivatives market.

amk
27-10-11, 15:26

Wouldn't the 50% loss of principal drive the value of billions if not trillions of dollars of CDSs to zero? That has to have a major negative impact on the derivatives market.

no. greek bonds, when still traded, was already at 60%. This is not a sudden drop, unlike Lehman. More over it's already very illiquid. The problem is never about the CDS. In the banks' books, these bonds are probably at 75% of face value, which was the deal in July. Banks now must take a hard loss of these bonds. Now the more interesting thing is what abt the individual bond holders.

stl67
27-10-11, 15:26
if u r referring to "fundamentals" ..... fundamentally speaking, this world economy is ran by the west over spending and the east over saving. It's a grossly unbalanced (and unfair) economy. China/India/3rd world countries save hard, work hard and produce goods for the west to consume, and the west play hard, spend hard and borrow all their future monies with no end. Whatever measures EU/US take, have always been kicking the can further down the road. There is no solution no matter what. As of now, the "further" the can is pushed, the "better" a solution it is. we as small time investors can only find trading opportunities in this grossly unfair world.

isn't this scary. this is like those young family that you read from papers: they spent heavily, borrowed from credit card, rollover and eventually cannot pay.. and some even commit suicide...

what will happend to the world if EU/US cannot pay finally?

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 15:30
sell weapons :scared-1:

Piglet
27-10-11, 15:37
Hey Guys I have a Super Noob Question:

I have 6000 DBS shares which I anyhow buy a few weeks ago when the pirce was quite low..
Today I see price buay pai so Im thinkng of sellng cos im happy wth the profits liao..

Then again. I heard DBS announcing dividen 2nd Nov.
I seroulsy Don't know how dividen works so any kind sould can explain to me in real dollar and sense term?

I can't decide to hold or sell. But one fact is I dun think i need to use the money anytime soon....

dmonddd
27-10-11, 15:42
near term weakness of key trading partners..that affected our market?

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_727689.html

no wonder developers are launching fast.

phantom_opera
27-10-11, 15:44

I have 6000 DBS shares which I anyhow buy a few weeks ago when the pirce was quite low..
Today I see price buay pai so Im thinkng of sellng cos im happy wth the profits liao..

I seroulsy Don't know how dividen works so any kind sould can explain to me in real dollar and sense term?

I can't decide to hold or sell. But one fact is I dun think i need to use the money anytime soon....

depends on your entry point, normally 10% profit in a month is considered super already, you can sell 1 lot first, many ways of managing it

gn108
27-10-11, 15:48
Well done! Like Forest Gump buying Apple shares. (no offence, but I rather be lucky). I Forest Gumped City Dev at 8.80 (fa fa) :D

DBS gives half yearly div - 28cents/sh each time.
So yield is 56/1200 = 4.67%.

They announce results 2nd Nov but you won;t get div till next year Apr/May after they announce full year results in Feb/Mar.

land118
27-10-11, 16:16
STI up 80pts...Green almost everywhere...panic BUY...:D

howgozit
27-10-11, 16:33

Measures does not address how they got into a rut in the first place. Like you aptly put, its just kicking the can further down the road. Market though is reacting very well to the news. Hope the west can get their act together during this reprieve.