PDA

View Full Version : Please Post Election Youtubes, Rallies, Photos and Videos Here

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Regulators
02-05-11, 13:19
you forgot one thing that will still allow the tuition business to thrive, 'kiasuism' of parents :D

if class size is further reduce, i tink ur tuition biz may be affected:p

same goes to westman: if manufactoring sector really being replaced....wats his backup plan?

devilplate
02-05-11, 13:21
Did you read the part "with the rate dropping to 20% in 2006"?

i tink earlier on, we r toking about the latest round of tax revision.....u shd hf told us tat u r refering to 05-06

hopeful
02-05-11, 13:21
u r a foreign investor....u only got one motive...tats $$$

but as a citizen, u will want a more balanced society....too extreme imbalances will create social unrest and leads to riots/rising crime rates inevitably....

its morally wrong to peg minister's pay to GDP growth....there r many aspects....like social stability/happiness index/crime rate/standard of living/cost of living and many other factors not just GDP growth

its totally wrong to run a country like a MNC where P&L matters most:doh:

I am pretty sure PAP will take care of the poor. Because if social unrest that leads to riots/rising crime rates, investors pulled out and GDP drops, which leads to ministers/MPs salaries drop.
So to my simple mind, GDP is good indicator to benchmark their salaries.

Anyway, if Singapore is run like corporation, do you think Singapore Inc is still in growth phase? If Singapore is still in growth phase, isnt it logical for management to build up war chest and dont distribute any dividends to shareholders?

Regulators
02-05-11, 13:26
before last GE, taxes for the rich was 21%, the fact is that the rates have been cut to 20%. Why??? The latest tax cuts for middle and low income has long been overdue.

Tax rates for resident individuals

From YA 2012 onwardsNew!

Chargeable Income Rate (%) Gross Tax Payable ($)
First $20,000
Next $10,000 0
2 0
First $30,000
Next $10,000 -
3.50 200
First $40,000
Next $40,000 -
7 550
2 800
First $80,000
Next $40,000 -
11.5 3 350
4 600
First $120,000
Next $ 40,000 -
15 7 950
6 000
First $160,000
Next $ 40,000 -
17 13 950
6 800
First $200,000
Next $120,000 -
18 20 750
21 600
First $320,000
Above $320,000 -
20 42 350

For YA 2007 to 2011

Chargeable Income Rate (%) Gross Tax Payable ($)
First $20,000
Next $10,000 0
3.50 0
First $30,000
Next $10,000 -
5.50 350
First $40,000
Next $40,000 -
8.50 900
3 400
First $80,000
Next $80,000 -
14 4 300
11 200
First $160,000
Next $160,000 -
17 15 500
27 200
First $320,000
Above $320,000 -
20 42 700
For YA 2008, 2009 and 2011, a personal income tax rebate of 20%, up to a maximum of $2,000 is granted.

i tink earlier on, we r toking about the latest round of tax revision.....u shd hf told us tat u r refering to 05-06

Regulators
02-05-11, 13:29
You are a foreigner so i can pardon you for saying that. I do not think you understand the demographics of singapore well and the divide coz you belong to the top tier earners.

If Singapore is still in growth phase, isnt it logical for management to build up war chest and dont distribute any dividends to shareholders?

hopeful
02-05-11, 13:41
You are a foreigner so i can pardon you for saying that. I do not think you understand the demographics of singapore well and the divide coz you belong to the top tier earners.

I think wealth distribution is similar all over the world.
Rule of thumb:
20% of population controls 80% of the wealth......
or is it like Indonesia's case, 3% of ethnic minority controls 50-60% of nation's wealth.

I have just been to Singapore. The food court and restaurants in Bugis Junction are packed whenever I go there. I scratched my head, whatever happened to complaints of high cost of living in internet forums. I see people buying drinks from eateries. Don't these people know much drinks are marked up? wah biang, dont these people know how to save is it? Spend so much and yet complain about high cost of living :doh:

amk
02-05-11, 13:53
Regulator, I'm really disappointed at you. :( dun become like another wenqing.

Look at the last budget on income tax. If u earn 100 to 200k, middle class income, u count urslef how much saving u get.

If u earn 320k or more, u save a grand total of 350, out of at least a 50k tax bill ! :mad:

Now the headline rate drop from 21 to 20. 1st of all a cut is always progressive across the line, every one has the cut; 2nd, 21 to 20 u called this scandal ? Low tax rare is a very business friendly environment, SG cannot live without it.

If you want to attack PAP, no problem. But on areas when they did no wrong, pls give them credit.

Lastly, if ur view is, we should tax the rich heavily and subsidize the poor, ok, very noble, thank you very much, but i tell you communist ideology is far far more noble than yours. Have a heart, propose 50% wealth tax like in France, and use that money to help the poor !

Regulators
02-05-11, 14:30
We do not live in a welfare state, taxing the rich to help the poor is the way forward. We can make singapore attractive to foreigners in other ways such as town rejuvenation plans which I give credit to pap (but still our money) and security infrastructure. I was saying the recent tax initiatives for low and mid income is long due, I did not say it is bad initiative
Regulator, I'm really disappointed at you. :( dun become like another wenqing.

Look at the last budget on income tax. If u earn 100 to 200k, middle class income, u count urslef how much saving u get.

If u earn 320k or more, u save a grand total of 350, out of at least a 50k tax bill ! :mad:

Now the headline rate drop from 21 to 20. 1st of all a cut is always progressive across the line, every one has the cut; 2nd, 21 to 20 u called this scandal ? Low tax rare is a very business friendly environment, SG cannot live without it.

If you want to attack PAP, no problem. But on areas when they did no wrong, pls give them credit.

Lastly, if ur view is, we should tax the rich heavily and subsidize the poor, ok, very noble, thank you very much, but i tell you communist ideology is far far more noble than yours. Have a heart, propose 50% wealth tax like in France, and use that money to help the poor !

DC33_2008
02-05-11, 18:22
Singaporean is enjoying relatively low tax rate as compared to a lot of other developing and developed countries. That could be the reason why property market is still buoyant. Learnt from someone who have paid tax of $300k and pay cash for a condo. Not very smart though. Should have leverage on the banks money and grow own cash. Just a GM only.

azeoprop
02-05-11, 18:40
For your loving memory...:(
http://youtu.be/i-8HYcuNrG4

land118
02-05-11, 18:53
For your loving memory...:(
http://youtu.be/i-8HYcuNrG4

OTC, no state funeral, wonder if he can RIP....

land118
02-05-11, 18:58
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2010/05/state-funeral-for-truly-exceptional-contributors/

State funeral for truly exceptional contributors
Posted by theonlinecitizen on May 15, 201086 Comments
14Share
I refer to the report “State funeral for former DPM Goh Keng Swee” (Channel News Asia, May 14).
When former President Wee Kim Wee passed away in May 2005, I penned a letter (published in the Today newspaper on 10th May 2005), to ask why former President Ong Teng Cheong was not given a state funeral – a honour accorded to President Wee and all previous Presidents.
I wrote:
I refer to media reports that the honour of state funerals was accorded in the past to former presidents Yusof Ishak and Benjamin Sheares.
I would like to ask whether a state funeral was accorded to the late former President Ong Teng Cheong when he died in 2002.
If not, why is it that he is the only president who was not given a state funeral?
As Singapore’s first elected president, I think many Singaporeans may feel that he deserved a state funeral.
The late President Ong Teng Cheong dedicated 27 years of his working life to public service, as President for six years, Deputy Prime Minister for three years, Second Deputy Prime Minister for five years, Secretary-General of NTUC for 11 years, chairman of the People’s Action Party for 12 years, Minister for Communications, and Member of Parliament for 21 years.
Who decides whether a former president is to be given a state funeral? Is there some criteria for deciding on a state funeral?
I suggest that a state funeral be accorded to all former presidents who die in the future.
Letter from Leong Sze Hian
The Prime Minister’s press secretary replied on 13th May:
Honour rites still evolving; No formula for state funeral entitlement
Mr Leong Sze Hian (Today, May 10) and Mr Goh Choon Kang (Lianhe Zaobao, May 12) have asked why the funeral arrangements for Mr Ong Teng Cheong and Dr Wee Kim Wee, both former presidents, were not the same.
Mr Ong Teng Cheong received a state-assisted funeral, while Dr Wee Kim Wee received a state funeral. Mr Goh Choon Kang suggested that we should have definite rules on who is entitled to a state funeral.
When Singaporeans who have made major contributions to the country pass away, it is right and fitting that they be honoured and mourned by the nation. They may or may not be former Presidents. The appropriate way to do so will vary with each individual.
It is not feasible to have a set formula as to who should receive a state funeral, based simply on the person’s rank or the appointment that he or she had held. It depends on the person’s services to the nation, as well as other special circumstances.
Persons who have made truly exceptional contributions will receive a state funeral. The decision to hold one is made by the Prime Minister and the Cabinet.
If they decide to offer a state funeral, they will of course consult the family members and take into account their wishes.
Singapore is still a young country. Our practices and customs for public ceremonies and observances are still evolving.
As the years pass, we will gradually establish norms and traditions that will reflect the Singapore way of honouring our best sons and daughters who have passed away, that is dignified, restrained and expresses the gratitude and sense of loss of the nation.
Chen Hwai Liang
Press Secretary to Prime Minister
We re-publish former President Ong Teng Cheong’s interview with AsiaWeek (10 March 2000) where he revealed the obstacles he faced when he asked for the copies of the government’s accounts on the reserves and investments.
President Ong Teng Cheong’s political career spanned 21 years. He was Member of Parliament, Cabinet Minister and Deputy Prime Minister, before he resigned to become Elected President in 1993. And it was as Communications Minister that Ong pushed for the development of the MRT system, the largest construction project in Singapore’s history. His next challenge came on the labour front, when he became NTUC Secretary-General in 1983. Ong was diagnosed with lymphoma-cancer of the lymphatic system in 1992. But this did not dampen his desire to continue serving. He became Singapore’s first Elected President a year later, and it was a presidency marked by many charitable projects, which touched the lives of many Singaporeans. Ong stepped down as President at the age of 63.
As chairman of the People’s Action Party (PAP) and secretary-general of the National Trades Union Congress, Ong was considered a firm Lee Kuan Yew loyalist. In January 1986, he sanctioned a strike in the shipping industry, the first for about a decade in Singapore, without telling the cabinet. He said that he did not inform the cabinet or the government because they would probably stop him from going ahead with the strike. There was a major corporate and Cabinet backlash against his decision; however, the strike lasted only two days, and a deal was struck. He was also a former Minister of National Development.
Source: Wikipedia
The Online Citizen
20 Maxwell Road #09-17
Maxwell House
Singapore 069113

romeo
02-05-11, 19:06
i was reminded in this forum how dirty politics is, esp in local context
ya i agree.. until election fever, i never knew how dirty the incumbents are in their methods..

it dun matter to me their economic policies and proposals, coz whoever is at the helm, be it opp or pap, we have a good team of top civil servants to advise n help steer our economy

wat matters to me most is their moral compass which the incumbent seem to have lost since two elections ago..

romeo
02-05-11, 19:12
The gist of the long winded reply:

"The decision to hold one is made by the Prime Minister and the Cabinet."

'nuff said.

marktkt22
04-05-11, 00:14
OTC, no state funeral, wonder if he can RIP....

history is the best judge...he will rest in peace.
give it 50,70 years.... all our arguments here will make sense, by our kids, grandkids, grand grand kids...
all wrongs and rights will surface, .... :)

just sad that things are so bad ...what moral example we have to tell out kids... and boast spore is corruption free becos we pay them so much that they are satisfied.... :tongue3:

land118
04-05-11, 00:18
history is the best judge...he will rest in peace.
give it 50,70 years.... all our arguments here will make sense, by our kids, grandkids, grand grand kids...
all wrongs and rights will surface, .... :)

just sad that things are so bad ...what moral example we have to tell out kids... and boast spore is corruption free becos we pay them so much that they are satisfied.... :tongue3:
Kudos and hats off to OTC family, bite the bullet, get on with their lives..., probably that's must also be our late President's wish...

devilplate
04-05-11, 00:34
i wonder how SG is gona to compete wif neighbouring countries in the next decade other den being foreigner friendly.....

SG is oredi a developed country....irreversible low birth rate(problems when women receive higher education and higher cost of living)....relatively high wage in the region...aging population....the list goes on....

new2mondrian
04-05-11, 01:02
i wonder how SG is gona to compete wif neighbouring countries in the next decade other den being foreigner friendly.....

SG is oredi a developed country....irreversible low birth rate(problems when women receive higher education and higher cost of living)....relatively high wage in the region...aging population....the list goes on....

Nah, Singapore's value proposition lies in its people. People is our only resource, as well as our greatest resource. Countries far larger and resource rich than us are saddled with high public debt. How many countries out there can afford a competitive tax environment without succumbing to raising taxes under pressure of public debt? How many countries have successful tripartism? How many countries can invest in education and public healthcare Infrastructure without a strain on resources? We have come very far based on limited resources. Can we go far for the next 50-100years? The answer lies therein in our generation and the next generation. Life is what we make of it.

Aging is not an isolated issue. Japan is aging. China is aging at an even faster pace than japan, thanks to its sharp policy reversal from viewing citizens as factors of production to a one child policy. Europe is aging. US is averting the problem thanks to a generous immigration policy. So well. If we can manage the aging issue well, we may even export such capabilities to the rest of te world.

Call me an optimist. But I remain deeply rooted to this country, and for all I know, indeed the best is yet to be! :)

ysyap
04-05-11, 06:29
Call me an optimist. But I remain deeply rooted to this country, and for all I know, indeed the best is yet to be! :)Hi optimist, are you old boy of ACS (I)?
My question to our lovely govt pertaining to the aging issue is this, Why when it comes to housing policy, CM after CM is dished out with the last one being the most outrageous, then when it comes to low fertility, why not dish out outrageous policies to encourage births? What I've seen so far are merely feeble efforts to encourage births... :doh:

Geylang OKT
04-05-11, 07:04
Hi optimist, are you old boy of ACS (I)?
My question to our lovely govt pertaining to the aging issue is this, Why when it comes to housing policy, CM after CM is dished out with the last one being the most outrageous, then when it comes to low fertility, why not dish out outrageous policies to encourage births? What I've seen so far are merely feeble efforts to encourage births... :doh:

What is CM? I only know CB :D :D :D

new2mondrian
04-05-11, 07:33
Hi optimist, are you old boy of ACS (I)?

Haha, no no... I am from RGS... Filiae melioris aevi (daughters of a better age) indeed! :)

Anway, just for okt's memory, CM = cooling measures. He probably doesn't need any CM when it comes to fertility rates! Lame jokes aside, I agree with your point. Maybe MBT's next posting would be to MCYS to increase birth rates!

ysyap
04-05-11, 07:53
Haha, no no... I am from RGS... Filiae melioris aevi (daughters of a better age) indeed! :)

Anway, just for okt's memory, CM = cooling measures. He probably doesn't need any CM when it comes to fertility rates! Lame jokes aside, I agree with your point. Maybe MBT's next posting would be to MCYS to increase birth rates!Yeah man... need outrageous efforts lah... when my wife delivered, I only got 3 days to be home. Company disallowed me to take child care too.. Crap policy! I had to use my baby's MC when he was admitted to hospital 2 days after discharge before I could enjoy another day home... tell me even such basic thing also don't have, which mother wants to jaga kids without help from father??? :D Even my butt thinks better of this... OK back to election stuff.. but isn't declining birth rate part of election stuff???

teddybear
04-05-11, 08:25
Declining birth rates because:
1) job too stressful, expect people to be "productive", but bullshit because "productive" can also means working long hours physically but captured as standard 8 working hours on statistics, so end up become "slaves".
2) Costs of living too high
3) Costs of raising children too high, not enough infants' care, let alone "quality" ones, not enough "quality" childcare.
4) influx of cheap foreign workers impacting pay of jobs at all levels (from low-skill to professional jobs).
5) No incentive to give more birth vs the cons of (1)-(4). We give birth hoping to raise children to have good life, not to be the "slave" of foreigners here. :doh:

Yeah man... need outrageous efforts lah... when my wife delivered, I only got 3 days to be home. Company disallowed me to take child care too.. Crap policy! I had to use my baby's MC when he was admitted to hospital 2 days after discharge before I could enjoy another day home... tell me even such basic thing also don't have, which mother wants to jaga kids without help from father??? :D Even my butt thinks better of this... OK back to election stuff.. but isn't declining birth rate part of election stuff???

ysyap
04-05-11, 09:20
1) job too stressful, expect people to be "productive", but bullshit because "productive" can also means working long hours physically but captured as standard 8 working hours on statistics, so end up become "slaves".
3) Costs of raising children too high, not enough infants' care, let alone "quality" ones, not enough "quality" childcare.
4) influx of cheap foreign workers impacting pay of jobs at all levels (from low-skill to professional jobs).
5) No incentive to give more birth vs the cons of (1)-(4). We give birth hoping to raise children to have good life, not to be the "slave" of foreigners here. :doh:PM don't want to confront these issues head on??? Who else can help?

land118
04-05-11, 09:36
I personally think this dollar for dollar matching by Government certainly WILL NOT benefit the poor, where are they going to find money to put into child account in the 1st place? All their savings, if any, go into buying that 1st HDB already...They should increase increase the CASH GIFT amount or and do away with the dollar for dollar Child Development Account. Government should just contribute directly. This will go a long way to assist parents and assist the child...a long way, develop our citizens so that we can compete...., give each child be it rich or poor a level field and chance...from DAY 1...

https://www.babybonus.gov.sg/bbss/html/index.html

"Matching Government Contribution in Children Development Account (CDA) for children eligible for Baby Bonus
The CDA is a special savings account that you open at any OCBC Bank or Standard Chartered Bank branch for your child who is eligible for CDA. You can save in the CDA any time until 31 December in the year your child turns 6 years of age. The savings will be matched up to the cap of $6,000 each for the first and second child, $12,000 each for the third and fourth child and $18,000 each for the fifth and subsequent child. The Government will match your savings in the following month. "

devilplate
04-05-11, 09:39
but usually is the middle and high income family dunwan to give birth...lol:p

devilplate
04-05-11, 09:45
regarding healthcare issues....

medishield and medisave programme is better den national insurance scheme as seen in some european countries.....but nid to improve....govt shd encourage more ppl to pump $ into medisave by giving higher int rate......

by the way, can we transfer $ from OA to medisave acct volunteeraily?

if not everyone treating it as buffet and sooka sooka take MC.....and resulting in inefficiency and increase workload for the healthcare manpower.....

for those self employed like taxi drivers....no medisave....i duno liao....stomp feet:p

land118
04-05-11, 09:51
but usually is the middle and high income family dunwan to give birth...lol:p Ya, lower income birth rate tend to be higher, and scheme like the Baby Bonus sounds damn good but how many of this income group can afford to fork out dollar for dollar to reap the maximun beneifts government is giving?

Say a family with 3 children, ( until child is 6 years old )

1st Child = S$6k/- ( born Year 1 )
2nd Child = S$6k/- (born Year 3 )
3rd Child = S$12k/- (born Year 5 )

Total = S$24k/- that to be contributed by the end of Year 5 + 6 = Year

Quite Siong for the family especially if it is a single income family. Each mth need to save average S$182/- for 11 years...

While the Government did in the past try to encourage Pro Family, getting companies to embark on 5 day work week, allowing civil servants to do part-time, paternity leave for Fathers. More importantly, not much is being done on helping family to cope when kids start attending child care, kindergarten, schools. Working parents work late and need to cope with looking after kids. Scheme need to help shoulder some burden. My friend tell me his office staff, 1 assistant every time work a bit late...and this person's child always end up last to go home at 7.30pm because the mummy can only reach the child care at about 7pm at the earliest...Imagine, 7am put the child in the centre, pick up the child at 7pm..go home...still have to look after the child , maybe cook somemore, clean the house...No wonder not many in the middle to higher income women want to give birth...when they hear stories like that

Whichever scholar come up with this scheme, i wonder...if he know not every family is drawing the same pay as him/her. :doh:

land118
04-05-11, 10:03
Hope Government not give up on Singapore citizen giving birth to more children, and take the easy way out by just opening the floodgate to more Foreign Talent. If they have this mentality of: "Birth Rate not enough, no problem, just import more Foreign Talent", then we are slowing become an endangered species...in our own country...

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:03
i tink this scheme is more like encouraging the middle income to make more babies

realise the growing trend.....nowadays, grandparents r unwilling to help out in taking care of their grandchildren unlike the olden days

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:05
Hope Government not give up on Singapore citizen giving birth to more children, and take the easy way out by just opening the floodgate to more Foreign Talent. If they have this mentality of: "Birth Rate not enough, no problem, just import more Foreign Talent", then we are slowing become an endangered species...in our own country...

anyone know of any successful scheme in the developed countries to tackle on declining birthrate?

not trying to use it as an excuse...just wana find out more about other country policies;)

ay123
04-05-11, 10:05
What is CM? I only know CB :D :D :D

think he miss the letter "i" in between.....:D :D

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:08
5) No incentive to give more birth vs the cons of (1)-(4). We give birth hoping to raise children to have good life, not to be the "slave" of foreigners here. :doh:

wah....sounds like u gona vote for opposition?

i dun tink so rite bcoz opposition r not able to solve these abovementioned problems too:p

dun tell me baby bonus of 100k for eevry babies! HAHA surely workable!:p

ay123
04-05-11, 10:13
govt cannot give too much incentive to give birth becos the end result could be encouraging a different group of ppl giving more babies and the group they want to attract do not contribute much (u know wat i mean :D ) so is really difficate to balance the equation. to be honest govt definitely can afford to give $20000 to give birth but it might attract the wrong group of ppl.
read from news india actually give out bonus to family tat do not give birth to discourage population increase from lower income group

hopeful
04-05-11, 10:19
what is the overall picture?

1) Singapore population going down ?
2) Babies born to Local born Singaporean going down ?
3) Babies born to Foreign born Singaporean going down ?
4) Labour force going down ?
5) % of Local born Singaporean in total population going down ?

Which one are you most concerned about presently and in future?

land118
04-05-11, 10:41
i tink this scheme is more like encouraging the middle income to make more babies

realise the growing trend.....nowadays, grandparents r unwilling to help out in taking care of their grandchildren unlike the olden days Some grandparents are still working after 62 years ago, they have not paid up their HDB flats yet...I know at least 2.

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:46
Some grandparents are still working after 62 years ago, they have not paid up their HDB flats yet...I know at least 2.

so, ultimately its due to high cost of living....

last time 30yrs back.....gers dun nid to work one...can become full time hsewife and depend on husband salary enuff liao

but den....i tink not aso enuff workforce....so govt aso encourage women to work....and aso women dunwan to become FT hsewife anymore....

many factors at play.....u ask the gers nowadays....how many willing to become FT hsewife? hehe....

i tink its a social problem as well....LOL

taggy
04-05-11, 10:48
so, ultimately its due to high cost of living....

last time 30yrs back.....gers dun nid to work one...can become full time hsewife and depend on husband salary enuff liao

but den....i tink not aso enuff workforce....so govt aso encourage women to work....and aso women dunwan to become FT hsewife anymore....

many factors at play.....u ask the gers nowadays....how many willing to become FT hsewife? hehe....

i tink its a social problem as well....LOL

er i think most will be willing if can continue to be pampered with prada, LV and gucci without working :D

ysyap
04-05-11, 11:32
Hope Government not give up on Singapore citizen giving birth to more children, and take the easy way out by just opening the floodgate to more Foreign Talent. If they have this mentality of: "Birth Rate not enough, no problem, just import more Foreign Talent", then we are slowing become an endangered species...in our own country...Sorry to disappoint you but govt already showed that they have given up hope... Soon, Singaporeans will only consist of 50% of total Singapore population. :spliff: We are endangered!!!

ay123
04-05-11, 11:35
Sorry to disappoint you but govt already showed that they have given up hope... Soon, Singaporeans will only consist of 50% of total Singapore population. :spliff: We are endangered!!!

we pure breed singaporean become a rare species :D

devilplate
04-05-11, 11:36
Sorry to disappoint you but govt already showed that they have given up hope... Soon, Singaporeans will only consist of 50% of total Singapore population. :spliff: We are endangered!!!

remember singapore is built up by immigrants.....as long we can manage to convert more PRs to citizens.....we r actually gaining 'foc' manpower....LOL

like it anot, life is competitive out there on the national level.....even govt dun allow FTs to come in....business owners r aso feeling the threat and stiff competition from our neighbouring countries

nid we nid to control the influx of FT until more MRT lines r opened.....but i dun see an issue to high influx of FTs as long proper planning and infrastructure is put in place;)

sadly, MRT took 8-10yrs to build whereas our Sg economy is so fragile which we cant afford to wait for MRT lines to be opened den allow FTs in.....:doh:

devilplate
04-05-11, 11:40
there is no perfect policy....for every policy, we surely can find one reason to counterattack

mabe we can start shooting? HAHA

wenqing
07-05-11, 08:21
Vote for Change - Deliver Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Y9TxiEYo7ww

wenqing
07-05-11, 08:24
vote for change ge-2011.wmv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeKZDlS4z4s&feature=related

Geylang OKT
07-05-11, 08:39
Please vote for the Geylang Chickens! :D :D :D

We will service you to the best of our abilties! :D :D :D

acidic.straw
07-05-11, 10:52
Please vote for the Geylang Chickens! :D :D :D

We will service you to the best of our abilties! :D :D :D

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Geylang OKT
07-05-11, 22:13
:doh: :doh: :doh:

:D :D :D :D :D

ysyap
08-05-11, 09:05
Singapore has spoken.. its 81-6 + 3 MCNP.

Regulators
01-06-11, 19:50
http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19800308.2.7.aspx

ysyap
01-06-11, 19:58
http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19800308.2.7.aspxInteresting.. didn't know he was a student council president too... :D He volunteered for NS... good for him... :p but he left Singapore for far too long!!! :doh:

Regulators
02-06-11, 16:06
He learnt a lot from other countries all those years so he is bringing back his valuable experience to contribute and serve singapore :D

Interesting.. didn't know he was a student council president too... :D He volunteered for NS... good for him... :p but he left Singapore for far too long!!! :doh:

wenqing
02-06-11, 16:58
Interesting.. didn't know he was a student council president too... :D He volunteered for NS... good for him... :p but he left Singapore for far too long!!! :doh:

Staying in Singapore all your life does not = Making you a good MP by default.

Look at the PAP MPs and Ministers, so many wrong policies and wrong type of character for the MP job.

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:07
Staying in Singapore all your life does not = Making you a good MP by default.

Look at the PAP MPs and Ministers, so many wrong policies and wrong type of character for the MP job.
However, staying abroad for too long cfm nono bcoz u become a total stranger n duno the grounds oredi....it takes time to understand the people

wenqing
02-06-11, 17:15
However, staying abroad for too long cfm nono bcoz u become a total stranger n duno the grounds oredi....it takes time to understand the people

You doing pre-judging or being fortune teller ??

Has CSM become a bad MP or he did not contribute anything ??

So many PAP MPs did not even turn up at Parliament sessions, turn up but either sleep or ask zero questions for last 5-20 years.

One PAP MP I remembered was so busy with his day job and directorships , he only turn up at Parliament for 4 times in 5 years.

You call this understanding the people ??

So many Singaporeans work overseas, are all these Singaporeans any lesser Singaporean who become total strangers ??

Now you know why PM Lee issue code of conduct for PAP MPs and one clause is turn up at Parliament.

The same thing was done after GE 2006 but many PAP MPs did not follow.

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:17
Stop making boliao questions tat doesnt make sense at all:tongue3:

wenqing
02-06-11, 17:18
Stop making boliao questions tat doesnt make sense at all:tongue3:

You are the one that does not make sense at all issuing your own minority report.

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:19
You are the one that does not make sense at all issuing your own minority report.
Hahaha....tell me more?

wenqing
02-06-11, 17:20
Hahaha....tell me more?

Tell you what ??

Go and google movie name minority report.

Stop prejudging ,playing fortune teller and biased towards Opposition people.

Thats all I can tell you.

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:22
Tell you what ??

Go and google movie name minority report.

Stop prejudging and playing fortune teller.

Thats all I can tell you.
Wow....oldman vy moody? China mei mei no good? Or u cant.....:p

wenqing
02-06-11, 17:28
Wow....oldman vy moody? China mei mei no good? Or u cant.....:p

Now look who is asking bo liao questions.

devilplate
02-06-11, 17:33
Now look who is asking bo liao questions.
A taste of ur own medicine

wenqing
02-06-11, 18:57
A taste of ur own medicine

lol...after you realise your arguments make no sense then divert.