PDA

View Full Version : D26 vs. D28 Landed

Movehouseloh
18-04-11, 23:17
Forumer, would like to hear your feedbacks on the following : Countryside (D26) vs. Mimosa/ Stratton (D28).

My thoughts : Countryside is closer to amenities but not sure how NSE constructions might affect it. Mimosa/ Stratton is less accessible but might have greater potential due to the development of Luxus Hill/ Greenwich..

What are your thoughts..which is a better place to stay? Thanks

kingkong1984
19-04-11, 05:22
Forumer, would like to hear your feedbacks on the following : Countryside (D26) vs. Mimosa/ Stratton (D28).

My thoughts : Countryside is closer to amenities but not sure how NSE constructions might affect it. Mimosa/ Stratton is less accessible but might have greater potential due to the development of Luxus Hill/ Greenwich..

What are your thoughts..which is a better place to stay? Thanks

no diff. cars needed. Go fo FH only.

wind30
19-04-11, 07:28
no diff. cars needed. Go fo FH only.

I live at lentor area.

?? Countryside is 1km away from YCK mrt. some people can walk there and some cannot walk. For those who cannot walk, there is a small feeder bus that goes into lentor estate from YCK MRT that comes every 5-10 mins during peak hours. Ever since I moved there, I sold of my second car and switched to public transport.

There are RUMORs that the future thomson line may have a station near lentor.

I also think both are FH.

Don't buy those units near the main road though. Get the units as far away from the future NSE as possible.

The future NSE should help Countryside if you drive though. Currently going to the CTE from there is a bit roundabout and jam always.

the NSE should provide a more direct route and you have expressway access right outside your house. but that is like 2020.......

mantrix
19-04-11, 09:40
I live at lentor area.

?? Countryside is 1km away from YCK mrt. some people can walk there and some cannot walk. For those who cannot walk, there is a small feeder bus that goes into lentor estate from YCK MRT that comes every 5-10 mins during peak hours. Ever since I moved there, I sold of my second car and switched to public transport.

There are RUMORs that the future thomson line may have a station near lentor.

I also think both are FH.

Don't buy those units near the main road though. Get the units as far away from the future NSE as possible.

The future NSE should help Countryside if you drive though. Currently going to the CTE from there is a bit roundabout and jam always.

the NSE should provide a more direct route and you have expressway access right outside your house. but that is like 2020.......

thomson line does not pass through lentor...

land118
19-04-11, 11:27
Think Mimosa , Saraca side have more houses, maybe more option for u.

chiaberry
19-04-11, 12:43
thomson line does not pass through lentor...

Perhaps on the west side of lentor? Or possibly rumoured to pass through Tagore?

land118
19-04-11, 14:21
Perhaps on the west side of lentor? Or possibly rumoured to pass through Tagore?

There are earlier posts in this forum:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9480&highlight=Thomson+Line

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10918&highlight=Thomson+Line

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=141149&postcount=17

wind30
20-04-11, 13:42
There are earlier posts in this forum:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9480&highlight=Thomson+Line

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10918&highlight=Thomson+Line

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=141149&postcount=17

those threads are useless lah... you should go skyscrapercity to see the detailed maps done there. Those guys think it will run west of lentor.

dunno the exact reasons.

land118
20-04-11, 14:35
those threads are useless lah... you should go skyscrapercity to see the detailed maps done there. Those guys think it will run west of lentor.

dunno the exact reasons. Yes, I have read that one on skyscrapercity. Only 1 of the experts think it MIGHT run west of Lentor. Still up for debate.., nothing firm...up to anyone's guess, but much will depend on technical and feasibility studies of engineering consultants..

Movehouseloh
20-04-11, 14:36
Thanks all !

wind30
20-04-11, 16:01
Yes, I have read that one on skyscrapercity. Only 1 of the experts think it MIGHT run west of Lentor. Still up for debate.., nothing firm...up to anyone's guess, but much will depend on technical and feasibility studies of engineering consultants..

Actually there isn't much place to run it to.

I don't think thomson line will run along thomson road as it is supposed to cut through AMK,

If you cut through AMK, there is only 2 roads where you can join in from the north without plowing through people house.

One is beside lentor and the other is maybe 500m further away....

The latest exhibition shows this

http://api.ning.com/files/LWebz*Od7PtAO9TT*S1cgSxIeafP0Yi88GB1QDfCdTKDGTXVeSq0tnbOsUuN7ZpaOjAHlTQOE21*TweTUg5wy6tr4iuIQVvk/IMG2011041900012.jpg

land118
20-04-11, 16:54
Couldn't see the link you post, but not important as I am not vested and I also don't want to 2nd guess where the station is. Yes, I heard that line may run through Kebun Bahru. For me, the rational is simple, if one is already vested or staying there, well and good, will profit from it from possibly higher increase in property prices if station is within walking distance ( I prefer 1 bus-stop away - about 400-500m, but nowadays, developers 800m-1km also say within walking distance).

If someone is not vested at this moment and try to 2nd guess and buy a property with hope that it is within walking distance from the new station, then be prepare to endure the construction phase..., if for own stay, maybe still ok...just endure, if for investment, during construction phase may be hard to rent out. This is my view. If I am not wrong, you are staying at Countryside and could be close to a future station.:D

wind30
20-04-11, 20:47
Couldn't see the link you post, but not important as I am not vested and I also don't want to 2nd guess where the station is. Yes, I heard that line may run through Kebun Bahru.

then you should not have said "thomson line does not pass through lentor." like it is a fact. Actually with all the information available, lentor is the highest probability.

For Kebun Bahru I think it is 100% it will run through. That was one of the objectives of Thomson line. It is supposed to connect kebun bahru, sin ming, with MRT.

land118
20-04-11, 21:43
then you should not have said "thomson line does not pass through lentor." like it is a fact. Actually with all the information available, lentor is the highest probability.

For Kebun Bahru I think it is 100% it will run through. That was one of the objectives of Thomson line. It is supposed to connect kebun bahru, sin ming, with MRT.
Wow pian, u so lecturer. Minus points lor. nothing is confirmed until government showed all the details. Dun want to waste time on this issue. Not vested. Win also nothing to gain....

wind30
21-04-11, 20:16
Wow pian, u so lecturer. Minus points lor. nothing is confirmed until government showed all the details. Dun want to waste time on this issue. Not vested. Win also nothing to gain....

you are not vested but TS is thinking of getting vested. If you don't know anything, you should not spout nonsense and sabo people lah...

land118
21-04-11, 21:06
you are not vested but TS is thinking of getting vested. If you don't know anything, you should not spout nonsense and sabo people lah... your countryside very good, tell him to buy ..u say got MRT coming, Sure Huat! nothing more to say....:doh: