PDA

View Full Version : Please post any Election News/Snippets/ Gossips here

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

devilplate
27-04-11, 10:20
HDB are subsidised ... for the lower income group ..

the land for HDB are from the govt (belong to the people )
HDB developes the land and sell the flats ..

shouldnt all HDB be same price ... regardless its bkt merah or woodlands ?

does construction cost varies ...whether you build in D3 or D26 ?

i know land value varies but not the cost when its from the govt ..
they should NOT build HDB in prime districts ,,, simple as that and make all new HDB same price or with slight premium but not a top and bottom kind of difference

will u sell ur HDB (if u haf ) without any COV? every ppl pls do our part to stabilise the HDB resale px yay?:D

devilplate
27-04-11, 10:22

they should NOT build HDB in prime districts ,,, simple as that and make all new HDB same price or with slight premium but not a top and bottom kind of difference

do u noe many young couples complaining y HDB new flats mainly in suburbs?

there is an arguement....y only sell prime land as condo???? y nvr reserve prime land for HDB?!?!?!?!

y must poor stay in far far punggol?!?!?!?!

proud owner
27-04-11, 10:30
will u sell ur HDB (if u haf ) without any COV? every ppl pls do our part to stabilise the HDB resale px yay?:D

i am talking about new hdb

not old resale

when govt build HDB at Dawson at ridiculous price ... who is making money ?
HDB = govt right ?

did it cost them more to build there ? NO

its profit opportunity gain that is lost ...

since no extra cost in construction ... but sell so ex .. where is the subsidy ?
the buyer actually paying more .. = govt making more money = pay for their salaries ..

so the subsidy is really to subsidise their pay lah ..

proud owner
27-04-11, 10:31
do u noe many young couples complaining y HDB new flats mainly in suburbs?

there is an arguement....y only sell prime land as condo???? y nvr reserve prime land for HDB?!?!?!?!

y must poor stay in far far punggol?!?!?!?!

this i agree

if you can afford .. you buy condo ..
cannot afford stay HDB ...

this will push one to work harder ..to make the money to move closer to town

ay123
27-04-11, 10:34
sometimes i wonder to myself ... why people like chiam S T .. Jeyaretnam etc

fight their entire lives ..for what ??

HOW MANY PAP guys live in HDB ? and live humbly ?
how can govt be paid millions ?

are people joining PAP to get rich fast ?

i am not against anyone getting rich ..

but by paying yourself millions ..to fight corruption ..is corrupt by itself

something is just not right

after 40 over yrs .. dont you think the ruling party is getting complacent ?

no doubt they are doing ok .. but they are more and more things that i feel is not right ... policies .. the justice system .. etc

i cannot forget how a father, who knocked down a pedestrain , stopped to help but victim died on the way to hospital ..he was sentenced to jail ..he was the sole bread winner of the family

while a female university student..who knocked down a pedestrain.. left the scene without helping, went home, told her mom .. lied about it.. and her mom reported to police and lied that it was her and not the daughter ..

victim also died ..

but SHE and her mom got away ..

clear cut ***ual discrimination ...

and all those cry rape victims .. so many lost their jobs .. and branded 'rapist' when they were victims themselves ..

the system is just so so wrong ..

the COE to fight car populations ..failed ..they installed ERP ...failed
they intsal more erp

has all these worked ? NO
yet they derailed from their initial purpose ... and become a money making instruments for the govt ..

whenever they make a grave mistake .. they urge the people to LOOK beyond it and MOVE on .. COME ON !!!!!

if they really believe in MOVING ON ..then ALL, including ordinary people ..who make mistake should also be given the chance .. to move on ... and not being punished ...right ?

Such thing don happen in US since they have strong opp? spore is really a tiny country and need to manage like managing a company. we are very fragile and can be in bad shape if not properly managed. we ar unlike big country like US that need alternate party and this party must be a strong team to be able to take over the govt anytime. if our is such a team then i fully support but our only know how to ask why then i don see the need. if every policy need to debate for mths before implement then we are already far behind. my view is trust them to run and see the overall result. any small issue can be handle offline.
abt minister pay, everyone is unhappy but now is very difficult to find smeone who has passion and contribute wholeheartedly. the only carrot is $, as long they deliver result we have to accept it.

devilplate
27-04-11, 10:35
i am talking about new hdb

not old resale

when govt build HDB at Dawson at ridiculous price ... who is making money ?
HDB = govt right ?

did it cost them more to build there ? NO

its profit opportunity gain that is lost ...

since no extra cost in construction ... but sell so ex .. where is the subsidy ?
the buyer actually paying more .. = govt making more money = pay for their salaries ..

so the subsidy is really to subsidise their pay lah ..

BUT new flats and resale flat px r interlinked!!!

the root cause of so call 'HIGH" BTO flats is due to high resale flat prices!!!

chicken and egg situation!!

if reduce bto flat px significantly, it will definitely cause resale flats to drop!....who suffer? those who just bot recently....u helping one group of homebuyers but make another group suffers!!!

SO MAIN ROOT CAUSE IS HIGH RESALE FLAT PX!!!!

and cause by WHO???!?!?!?!

our previous generations!!!! GREED!!!! all ask HIGH HIGH COV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azeoprop
27-04-11, 10:37
this i agree

if you can afford .. you buy condo ..
cannot afford stay HDB ...

this will push one to work harder ..to make the money to move closer to town

the never ending rat race....thats why they keep pushing retirement age later and later, and loan tenure longer and longer. Work till you die to pay for your house.

devilplate
27-04-11, 10:38
the never ending rat race....thats why they keep pushing retirement age later and later, and loan tenure longer and longer. Work till you die to pay for your house.

nobody ask u to upgrade to condos?

nobody ask u to sell ur HDB and upgrade to better locations....

who caused u to have high debts?

extremme
27-04-11, 10:43
since there was a post on Lui Teck, my own cut and paste contribution

An Email from a Moulmein resident about PAP's Lui Tuck Yew.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xGl-ngaSrxM/TbHCclf3t9I/AAAAAAAAAKo/12bd2GFpl68/s320/038.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xGl-ngaSrxM/TbHCclf3t9I/AAAAAAAAAKo/12bd2GFpl68/s1600/038.jpg)I am forwarding you an email I sent to the incumbent MP for Moulmein, Mr Lui Tuck Yew, and his subsequent reply. (They are reversed in order below). I have only deleted my name/addresses and Mr Lui's address for the sake of privacy in the event that you may wish to forward this to your own friends. I trust you will not use this email to "flame" (hope I used the term correctly), but instead to educate and perhaps generate informed discussion.

I am sending my friends this because I feel that it is important that you hear what happened to me personally, and how Mr Lui reacted to me during what I thought was a simple, agreeable conversation. Those of you who know me well know that I do not go around deliberately antagonising people or creating trouble of any kind. So the flow of the conversation that took place left me shocked, and I must admit, sad. Mr Lui explains his "disengagement" in his reply attached below. I will leave you to read the whole story and the two emails and then come to your own conclusions.

First, the background to this whole incident.

I have been a resident of Moulmein my whole life, and not once have I ever had the chance or privilege to vote. So you can imagine how excited I was when I realised that there may be a strong possibility that Moulmein would be contested this time round. Prior to Mr Lui being the walkover MP, our MP was Mr Khaw Boon Wan. If Mr Khaw had still been our MP, I would most likely have voted for him as Mr Khaw had made his presence felt strongly in Moulmein, even at a social level, and it had always been a very reassuring presence. Mr Lui, on the other hand, has not had much of a presence.

So, on a recent walkabout in Moulmein, I happened to have what I thought at the time, was the privilege, to meet Mr Lui and get to know him better. He started off very friendly and handed me the Moulmein newsletter. He asked how long I'd been living here, and I let him know that I have been in Moulmein my whole life, and that this was the first time I may get a chance to vote. His immediate reaction was, "Yes, blame the Opposition! I don't know what they ..." and he went on to say something more which I couldn't hear because my brain was trying to process the fact that he had actually openly said, "Blame the Opposition" in a serious tone, laced with annoyance. He might have sensed my confusion (I'm guessing here). I then changed topic and pointed out to him that I had felt Mr Khaw's presence much more than his, and I requested for him to let me hear some of what he had done for Moulmein.

He told me to refer to the newsletter. I then said that I really wanted to hear from him, and not read what other people (ie his grassroots team) had created. He immediately started listing all the playgrounds they had done up (there was always the word "We") and spoke about a unique-to-Moulmein schools programme, which I liked very much. I interrupted him a few times to clarify a few things he had said.

I next asked him to let me know why I should vote for him. (I'm serious about voting, and I have thought this through so carefully. I told myself that no matter what, it was my duty to try and understand each candidate and approach them one-to-one before I cast my vote. And it was, and still is, my resolve to ask each candidate this question - why I should vote for them.)

I'm now going to recount the dialogue word-for-word as it is still clearly playing itself over and over in my head:

Me: Could you please tell me why I should vote for you?

Mr Lui: You should NOT vote for the Opposition because they ...

Me: The Opposition? No, I want to know about you. Please tell me why I should vote for you.

Mr Lui: You should vote for the PAP because we ....

Me: The PAP? No, no. I'm not interested in the PAP or the Opposition. I'm interested to know about you. Why should I vote for you?
At this point, Mr Lui shot me a look of pure anger, waved his hand about in the air, declaring, "We could spend all night talking about me!", pointed to the newsletter and snapped, "It's all in the the newsletter!" He then swung round and stormed off.

I remember standing there, in total shock, wondering what on earth I had done wrong to deserve such an intense reaction. I watched as he couldn't get beyond two or three steps as he was stopped by someone else wanting to meet him. I watched as he switched on his smile, said a few polite words, thrust the newsletter into her hand and disappeared, still angered. (Those who know me well, know I did my MA in nonverbal language, and know how accurate I am with "vibes".) I watched as his posse scurried after him, not one of them daring and/or caring to turn to look at me or say goodbye, not one of them.

I had asked a simple question. I was not expecting rocket science for an answer or any deep psychological profile to be shared. Just a simple answer from the heart would have sufficed, or even a more measured response. But not anger, never in a million years would I have thought anyone would have, or could have, responded to my simple question with anger.

And I feel sad.

Sad that after all these years, what people have been saying has finally been proven true to my face, literally.

I then turned to the Moulmein newsletter, ploughed through it in the hope that perhaps there was a lot about Mr Lui in the newsletter. No, there wasn't. Not a thing. Instead, I was left very impressed with the Moulmein Citizens Consultative Committee, the various Neighbourhood Committees and the Residents' Committees - all of which I am sure will not disappear if there is a change in leadership.

So I sat down, and penned an email, which I have since sent, to Mr Lui. I chose to be polite and measured in the email, and not angry nor accusatory because to be angry would have been to stoop to Mr Lui's response towards me, and that would not do anyone any good. If he's going to continue as Minister (and it does look like he's on the PAP fast-track if he's voted back in), then really, he needs to hear, he needs to understand, he needs to be educated. And he needs to learn how to answer simple, non-threatening questions!

It's such an irony that prior to the dissolution of Parliament, he was the Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts.

You'll find the email below, and Mr Lui's response (in reverse order), which I just received a short while ago.

If you should choose to share my experience with any of your friends who need or would wish to read this, I request that you not include my email address and name.
Lui Tuck Yew replies:

Dear [Name Redacted] ,

i am sure this may not apply to you given that you have now taken the trouble to write this note but unfortunately I encounter some people whose minds are made up and whose main intent seem to be to slow us down in our outreach. And nothing, we say, no explanation we give whether to do with cost of living, etc will ever be good enough.
The pragmatic way to deal with this is simply to disengage at an opportune moment.
Dont worry, it didnt leave a sour note with me nor a poor impression of you.

Regards,

Lui Tuck Yew

Sent from my iPad
First Email sent:

On Apr 21, 2011, at 10:18 PM, "[Name Redacted]" wrote:

Dear Mr Lui,

We met briefly at the walkabout at [Location Redacted] last evening. Unfortunately, I seem to have upset and angered you which was not my intention at all.

If I appeared rude or aggressive in any way, then I apologise. I don't usually take too well to answers that are off-tangent, they tend to confuse me, and I always re-direct answers back to my original question which often means that I can appear too direct or clinical and therefore somewhat aggressive. As a teacher by training, I have always emphasised the importance and merits of listening carefully and answering to the point questions that are addressed to my students.

I hope you understand that this is the first time in my life as a Singaporean I may be asked to vote. I take that responsibility very, VERY seriously, weighing all factors involved. Each political party has its own aims and objectives and track record (or none where some of the opposition are concerned) all of which I am very well aware of. The ONE thing which is not clear, and which is difficult to determine, is the individual politician - the person who will represent me in my constituency. It is this individual politician that I am genuinely interested to know. I need to know and understand what this individual can bring to the table.

That is why I was so keen for you to convince me why I should vote for you. Not why I should not vote for the opposition. Not why I should vote PAP. But why I should vote for you. I was genuinely interested to hear your answers. Instead, not only did I not get direct a reply from you, I caused you to turn away in anger. Maybe it was the end of a very long day for you, maybe my tone and questions threw you off-centre. Either way, it left a sour note behind, I believe, for both of us.

Right after you left, I immediately sat down to read the Moulmein newsletter cover to cover (the bits in English) exactly as you suggested I should do to find out more about you. Unfortunately, it doesn't shed any light on your as an individual or as the leader of Moulmein. It tells me instead about the wonderful grassroots teams and wonderful committees that have come up with truly great ideas, which I like very much. But it doesn't tell me about you. And so I am still left clueless.

The questions I asked you will be the same questions I will be asking whoever decides (if at all) to stand against in the elections. If the opposition candidate is equally stumped and/or angered by me then you can rest assured that I will be forced to find another way to come to a decision well-thought through

Before I end, I would like to stress that I am not against the PAP in any way,nor am I for any particular opposition party. I am merely a Singaporean, proud and excited at the thought of a chance at finally being able to exercise my right to vote.

azeoprop
27-04-11, 10:46

if reduce bto flat px significantly, it will definitely cause resale flats to drop!....who suffer? those who just bot recently....u helping one group of homebuyers but make another group suffers!!!

our previous generations!!!! GREED!!!! all ask HIGH HIGH COV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah loh last time in the early 80s a high floor point block 5 room flat in AMK cost less than 50k, many can easily pay off within 10yrs. :mad:

Now, latest bto 5 room flat in punggol cost 400k...need 30 years to pay.

devilplate
27-04-11, 10:53
if u take control of the housing policies now, WAT CAN U DO !!!!!!??????

can only stabilise by banning COV? put a cap on COV?

how about during recession?? buyers must buy at COV? if offer low low, seller turns into negative equity HOW?!?!?! bankrupt HOW?!?!?! who help the owners/sellers??? buyers pls spare a tot yay?

proud owner
27-04-11, 10:54

by selling the new ones at high price .. is artificially supporting the resale price too ..

and by artificially supporting that price ,, and then confidently say " HDB preserve its values" ... isnt that manupulation ?

ay123
27-04-11, 10:54

if sell same price regardless of location. then everyone will flock to buy bukit merah. then those who did not get will complain again

proud owner
27-04-11, 10:57
Such thing don happen in US since they have strong opp? spore is really a tiny country and need to manage like managing a company. we are very fragile and can be in bad shape if not properly managed. we ar unlike big country like US that need alternate party and this party must be a strong team to be able to take over the govt anytime. if our is such a team then i fully support but our only know how to ask why then i don see the need. if every policy need to debate for mths before implement then we are already far behind. my view is trust them to run and see the overall result. any small issue can be handle offline.
abt minister pay, everyone is unhappy but now is very difficult to find smeone who has passion and contribute wholeheartedly. the only carrot is $, as long they deliver result we have to accept it.

are ministers taxed ?

if yes fine ..
if not ..then its a money making 'job' .. no longer WE ARE HERE TO SERVE

chiaberry
27-04-11, 10:58

Agreed. Don't blame govt entirely for the high property px. It is also the greed of the Singaporeans themselves that is to blame. Sellers holding out for more profits and pushing px higher and higher. Govt trying to curb the greed by imposing SSD (anti-greed tax). :mad:

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:01
by selling the new ones at high price .. is artificially supporting the resale price too ..

and by artificially supporting that price ,, and then confidently say " HDB preserve its values" ... isnt that manupulation ?

if i am a homebuyer now, i will agree wif u!!!

if i oredi own a flat, my answer is NO

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:03
are ministers taxed ?

if yes fine ..
if not ..then its a money making 'job' .. no longer WE ARE HERE TO SERVE

i was told US ministers aso exempted from tax...

anyway my only familiar ground is PROPERTY.....other areas i dare not comment much

hey since u in US now, can i ask u smthing....i watch a video....it reveal tat Obama appoint back all the financial key holders to those who mess up/create subprime crisis.....one of them is Ben.....:hell-hath-no-fury:

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:08
Agreed. Don't blame govt entirely for the high property px. It is also the greed of the Singaporeans themselves that is to blame. Sellers holding out for more profits and pushing px higher and higher. Govt trying to curb the greed by imposing SSD (anti-greed tax). :mad:

if the govt is not greedy to begin with ... then they wont sell at high price ..

like you said its chicken and egg ...

but govt is the oone who openly say HDB will preservie its price..

verbally supporting the price .. so seller becomes greedy also lor ..

dont u then thinki govt has a part to play in it ?

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:11
if sell same price regardless of location. then everyone will flock to buy bukit merah. then those who did not get will complain again

1. ballot ... then its all luck .. like TOTO .. if u dont strike ... cannot blame anyone right ?

2. to qualify to ballot ... can set some criterias ... shant elaborate too much ...let the million salaried minister come up with it .. i shouldnt spoon feed them

afterall they have been spying this forums for ideas ...

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:12
1. ballot ... then its all luck .. like TOTO .. if u dont strike ... cannot blame anyone right ?

2. to qualify to ballot ... can set some criterias ... shant elaborate too much ...let the million salaried minister come up with it .. i shouldnt spoon feed them

afterall they have been spying this forums for ideas ...

who says all LUCK!

BTO is by balloting....u see so many complaints!!!

easier said den done la:tongue3:

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:19
who says all LUCK!

BTO is by balloting....u see so many complaints!!!

easier said den done la:tongue3:

thats another issue ..
becos our $million salaried MBT missfired .. under built in the past few years ..

did he apologise ?

no he just smirked and said difficult to estimate ... hard to predict ...dont want to over built etc etc excuses excuses excuses ...

this we have covered ... as a provider of basic housing ..the govt should have a small surplus ..and not SHORT ... which he did wrong ... hence created a shortage mah ( exclaimation, as well as directing at him:cheers6: )

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:19
if the govt is not greedy to begin with ... then they wont sell at high price ..

dont u then thinki govt has a part to play in it ?

ya rite...everything is govt's fault!!!!

govt suppose to babysit everything!:hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:21
thats another issue ..
becos our $million salaried MBT missfired .. under built in the past few years ..

did he apologise ?

no he just smirked and said difficult to estimate ... hard to predict ...dont want to over built etc etc excuses excuses excuses ...

this we have covered ... as a provider of basic housing ..the govt should have a small surplus ..and not SHORT ... which he did wrong ... hence created a shortage mah ( exclaimation, as well as directing at him:cheers6: )

u r wrong! bcoz its all about GREED!!!

during recession period between 08 and early 09....a few BTO in punggols got no over balloting problem!!!

all 1st timers wait and see !!!!!!!!

den when economy picks up, all rush in!!!!!!!!!!!

my fren is a classic example.....!!!!!!!!!!!! got a good queue number for a BTO vy near to punggol MRT but he said prices may crash so give up the queue.....den now complain cannot get gd queue number for those BTO projects near MRT!!!!!

only GOD can anticipate DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r an experienced ppty investor....u shd noe demand can disappear overnight and suddenyly come back overnite!!!!!!!!!!!

land118
27-04-11, 11:27
are ministers taxed ?

if yes fine ..
if not ..then its a money making 'job' .. no longer WE ARE HERE TO SERVE Ministers pay peg to private sector benchmark, and well paid. If today, these Ministers take subsidised pay, then if they make mistake, am sure most of us will be more forgiving and give them more chance. But today, as they are paid at market rate, we expect them to deliver and be judge like the private sector. Of course, some Ministers may say if they work in private, they can get more. Well, I would say, We ARE HERE TO PRESERVE our iron rice bowl. I am not battering PAP, if one day opposition have a chance to be Minister, for sure, he need to perform and be judged as he is well paid.

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:31
Ministers pay peg to private sector benchmark, and well paid. If today, these Ministers take subsidised pay, then if they make mistake, am sure most of us will be more forgiving and give them more chance. But today, as they are paid at market rate, we expect them to deliver and be judge like the private sector. Of course, some Ministers may say if they work in private, they can get more. Well, I would say, We ARE HERE TO PRESERVE our iron rice bowl. I am not battering PAP, if one day opposition have a chance to be Minister, for sure, he need to perform and be judged as he is well paid.

but one thing i goto say abt minister pay.....shdnt peg to GDP blah blah.....very dangerous.....a country is not solely GDP driven(numbers only)

this whole minister's pay thingy MUST BE REVISED!!!:hell-hath-no-fury: :mad: :doh:

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:39
ya rite...everything is govt's fault!!!!

govt suppose to babysit everything!:hell-hath-no-fury:

becos govt spoon fed the people for so long ...

thats why i agree that if you cannot afford ...then buy HDB in the suburbs ..

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:40

ya la, spoon fed until got pampered liao.....any bit little things COMPLAIN!!!:hell-hath-no-fury: :doh:

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:40
u r wrong! bcoz its all about GREED!!!

during recession period between 08 and early 09....a few BTO in punggols got no over balloting problem!!!

all 1st timers wait and see !!!!!!!!

den when economy picks up, all rush in!!!!!!!!!!!

my fren is a classic example.....!!!!!!!!!!!! got a good queue number for a BTO vy near to punggol MRT but he said prices may crash so give up the queue.....den now complain cannot get gd queue number for those BTO projects near MRT!!!!!

only GOD can anticipate DEMAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r an experienced ppty investor....u shd noe demand can disappear overnight and suddenyly come back overnite!!!!!!!!!!!

yes GREED

why the people greedy ?

becos their god(govt) is greedy ...

TOP BEAM SLANTED, Bottom beam cannot be straight

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:42
Ministers pay peg to private sector benchmark, and well paid. If today, these Ministers take subsidised pay, then if they make mistake, am sure most of us will be more forgiving and give them more chance. But today, as they are paid at market rate, we expect them to deliver and be judge like the private sector. Of course, some Ministers may say if they work in private, they can get more. Well, I would say, We ARE HERE TO PRESERVE our iron rice bowl. I am not battering PAP, if one day opposition have a chance to be Minister, for sure, he need to perform and be judged as he is well paid.

but they never get fired like in private sector .. such iron bowl ... at least good for 5 yrs ... but then already 5 mio richer

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:47
yes GREED

why the people greedy ?

becos their god(govt) is greedy ...

TOP BEAM SLANTED, Bottom beam cannot be straight

haha....may i ask u a question.....which country people is not greedy by nature?!?!?!:tongue3:

27-04-11, 11:48
I got this from Facebook. It's a good read - as food for thought and good laughter.:D

How to Choose a Maid

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home.

My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes.

For example:
1) She flooded my kitchen – she told me that the drain pipe has blocked (she was supposed to clear it once a month but didn’t). Then she assured me that it is very rare and won’t happen again in the near future. Guess what? It flooded again within a year!
2) She didn’t close a window and my terrier dog escaped. I was so worried cos he is dangerous and could bite lots of people. After the incident, she didn’t apologise and just shrugged her shoulders saying “What to do, it has happened.” Fortunately my neighbor found the dog and we locked it up again.
3) Without consulting me, she has been bringing in strangers for my house's maintenance work. She says they charge low wages and keep costs down, but they eat my food, make a lot of noise and rest on my bed. I think they even tried to seduce my husband. It stopped feeling like my home, more like a cheap hotel, and I don’t always want to come back at the end of the day.
4) When she first came to work for me, I instructed her to clean the different parts of the house at least once a week. But for some time she has stopped taking care of the bedrooms of PP and H; they are now dirty and messy. I asked why and she told me that the kids had been disobedient, so she was neglecting their bedrooms as a punishment (she has forgotten that she is paid to clean all the rooms).

Even though my maid has worked for me for many years and I value what she has done in the past, I think she is now getting complacent. Her attitude is imperious and dismissive. She ignores my comments and basically treats my feedback as "noise". I wrote to the agency about her behavior; they assured me that they are the best agency around and all their maids are “Commited to Serve” – but I think it is just rhetoric and I don’t see that in her actions. Her salary is much higher than maids in other countries, but the agency say this is to keep her honest and stop her moving to another employer. They say there is a limited supply of maids, and Singapore isn’t big enough for more than one good maid agency, so I should not trust their competitors.

I have to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance.

People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one? Appreciate your advice.

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:49
haha....may i ask u a question.....which country people is not greedy by nature?!?!?!:tongue3:

the peolple of Brunei ...

ysyap
27-04-11, 11:50

dont u then thinki govt has a part to play in it ?In response to WP's proposal to lower prices of new HDB flats, MBT says it will inevitably affect prices of resale HDB but isn't this a vicious cycle which could have been arrested at the very beginning if HDB flats are purely sold at cost prices? So HDB prices are controlled by HDB from escalating while private condo can be left to market forces? Then it will truly be affordable to 1st time buyers... Then MBT will not be caught in today's tricky situation... :doh:

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:51
the peolple of Brunei ...

every citizen given a free land rite?

born carefree....nvr nid to work hard one...goodie BEST

devilplate
27-04-11, 11:53
In response to WP's proposal to lower prices of new HDB flats, MBT says it will inevitably affect prices of resale HDB but isn't this a vicious cycle which could have been arrested at the very beginning if HDB flats are purely sold at cost prices? So HDB prices are controlled by HDB from escalating while private condo can be left to market forces? Then it will truly be affordable to 1st time buyers... Then MBT will not be caught in today's tricky situation... :doh:

BUT everybody will say they r buying a non appreciating asset!!!!

if tats the case, govt shdnt 'sell' HDB in the first plc liao....just build and rent out at affordable rate

wana cap resale px....just ban COV or cap COV amount

how many of u will agree if govt set the HDB resale px from now onwards at valuation+GDP? or valuation+inflation rate? or valuation+???

even recession....buyers must die die buy at valuation+(negative GDP) for eg....

wat we want is gradual HDB px rite? very stable HDB px rite?

many point fingers to PR for driving up the HDB px....i oredi suggested to impose an extra premium for PRs......they can convert to citizen and claim back the premium within 5yrs.....(but wat if those not granted a conversion....tat i duno liao...HAHA):ashamed1:

proud owner
27-04-11, 11:57
I got this from Facebook. It's a good read - as food for thought and good laughter.:D

How to Choose a Maid

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home.

My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes.

For example:
1) She flooded my kitchen – she told me that the drain pipe has blocked (she was supposed to clear it once a month but didn’t). Then she assured me that it is very rare and won’t happen again in the near future. Guess what? It flooded again within a year!
2) She didn’t close a window and my terrier dog escaped. I was so worried cos he is dangerous and could bite lots of people. After the incident, she didn’t apologise and just shrugged her shoulders saying “What to do, it has happened.” Fortunately my neighbor found the dog and we locked it up again.
3) Without consulting me, she has been bringing in strangers for my house's maintenance work. She says they charge low wages and keep costs down, but they eat my food, make a lot of noise and rest on my bed. I think they even tried to seduce my husband. It stopped feeling like my home, more like a cheap hotel, and I don’t always want to come back at the end of the day.
4) When she first came to work for me, I instructed her to clean the different parts of the house at least once a week. But for some time she has stopped taking care of the bedrooms of PP and H; they are now dirty and messy. I asked why and she told me that the kids had been disobedient, so she was neglecting their bedrooms as a punishment (she has forgotten that she is paid to clean all the rooms).

Even though my maid has worked for me for many years and I value what she has done in the past, I think she is now getting complacent. Her attitude is imperious and dismissive. She ignores my comments and basically treats my feedback as "noise". I wrote to the agency about her behavior; they assured me that they are the best agency around and all their maids are “Commited to Serve” – but I think it is just rhetoric and I don’t see that in her actions. Her salary is much higher than maids in other countries, but the agency say this is to keep her honest and stop her moving to another employer. They say there is a limited supply of maids, and Singapore isn’t big enough for more than one good maid agency, so I should not trust their competitors.

I have to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance.

People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one? Appreciate your advice.

EXCELLENT :doh: :doh:

novel
27-04-11, 11:58

yes so the govt must PAY AND PAY for it now because they pamper the people for too long haha so ironic!

treat them too well they want more now. Selectively comparison - how come their housing is smaller and more expensive than Malaysia, Indonesia?!! Why dun compare to Japan and HK?

Then compare their salary to developed countries why we are so poor! haha

proud owner
27-04-11, 12:00

if tats the case, govt shdnt 'sell' HDB in the first plc liao....just build and rent out at affordable rate

how many of u will agree if govt set the HDB resale px from now onwards at valuation+GDP? or valuation+inflation rate? or valuation+???

but a home is a basic need... appreciate or not .. one still needs it ..

thats why when I started investing in properties ..i always tell myself ..FOR OWN STAY .... so if price drop i wont feel bad..

if HDB buyers come with the intention that the HDB value MUST go up..then they dont deserve it cos they dont even know what is their basic need

devilplate
27-04-11, 12:03
yes so the govt must PAY AND PAY for it now because they pamper the people for too long haha so ironic!

treat them too well they want more now. Selectively comparison - how come their housing is smaller and more expensive than Malaysia, Indonesia?!! Why dun compare to Japan and HK?

Then compare their salary to developed countries why we are so poor! haha

yeah man....complain and complain....1st world hosuing ppty px but 3rd world salary?? anymore? hehe

COMPLAIN LAH!!! $$$ where got enough one.....not enuough just blame the GOVT!!!!!!!!

proud owner
27-04-11, 12:04
In response to WP's proposal to lower prices of new HDB flats, MBT says it will inevitably affect prices of resale HDB but isn't this a vicious cycle which could have been arrested at the very beginning if HDB flats are purely sold at cost prices? So HDB prices are controlled by HDB from escalating while private condo can be left to market forces? Then it will truly be affordable to 1st time buyers... Then MBT will not be caught in today's tricky situation... :doh:

this vicious cycle could escalate to a bigger one ...

to justify their pay ..they must make more money ..hence sell new flats more and more expensive ...?????

ysyap

even recession....buyers must die die buy at valuation+(negative GDP) for eg....

wat we want is gradual HDB px rite? very stable HDB px rite?

many point fingers to PR for driving up the HDB px....i oredi suggested to impose an extra premium for PRs......they can convert to citizen and claim back the premium within 5yrs.....(but wat if those not granted a conversion....tat i duno liao...HAHA):ashamed1:Fully agreed so in order to get price appr for HDB flat, it is inevitably to compare with private housing price appreciation too then we're certainly journeying down that treacherous road lor... :D Also, I am not advocating start selling HDB at valuation now! It is a damage too deep to reverse now... I was just commenting that it should have been arrested in the 80s when HDB was getting popular!!!

devilplate
but a home is a basic need... appreciate or not .. one still needs it ..

thats why when I started investing in properties ..i always tell myself ..FOR OWN STAY .... so if price drop i wont feel bad..

if HDB buyers come with the intention that the HDB value MUST go up..then they dont deserve it cos they dont even know what is their basic need

so how? now become HDB people fault? 85% singaporeans at fault? den u say who crafted their mentality these yrs....GOVT!!!

yeah....GOVT teaches us to be GREEDY!!!

proud owner
27-04-11, 12:08
so how? now become HDB people fault? 85% singaporeans at fault? den u say who crafted their mentality these yrs....GOVT!!! YES

yeah....GOVT teaches us to be GREEDY!!! NO but they created an environment which moulded this greedy traits to develope

novel
27-04-11, 12:10
NO but they created an environment which moulded this greedy traits to develope

wow worst than taiwanese! I thot only taiwanese will kpkb abt their govt for even why the sky dun rain! :scared-5:

ysyap
27-04-11, 12:10
WP 'A' team of Low, Sylvia and Show mao contesting at Aljunied GRC... George beware! :D

devilplate
27-04-11, 12:11
NO but they created an environment which moulded this greedy traits to develope

hehe getting vy complicated now liao...

now become developer's fault....

vicious cycle....

developer make $$, employ more ppl....give out more bonuses....ppl feel rich....buy more ppty....push up ppty price.....BUBBLE

when bubble burst.....lost jobs....blame govt!!!

gd and bad times...all blame govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
27-04-11, 12:13
WP 'A' team of Low, Sylvia and Show mao contesting at Aljunied GRC... George beware! :D

we have our vy own mini debate here...hopefully bro/sis here dun find me a nuisance....:ashamed1:

if so, i will stop....if not, becoming i m the one who complain non stop for duno wat...LOL

gn108
27-04-11, 12:14
Through your various post you make alot of sense, and in most part I agree with what you're trying to communicate in the face of all these other post. But not all in society are created equal.

But perhaps you should also walk in the shoes of the poor, less educated, elderly and frail. Our system keeps us these strata of society just at the poverty line and the mental stress is constant. We should thrive to be more compassionate if we are to be regarded as a First World nation.

But I agree its a fine balance. And it;s tough but an Alternative voice can be beneficial.

every citizen given a free land rite?

born carefree....nvr nid to work hard one...goodie BEST

proud owner
27-04-11, 12:14
Fully agreed so in order to get price appr for HDB flat, it is inevitably to compare with private housing price appreciation too then we're certainly journeying down that treacherous road lor... :D Also, I am not advocating start selling HDB at valuation now! It is a damage too deep to reverse now... I was just commenting that it should have been arrested in the 80s when HDB was getting popular!!!

and why retirees ... with cash from enbloc sales..were allowed to buy HDB at super premium ?

although he has no regular income and it was a resale flat...but he has millions from enbloc... yet they were allowed to buy something thats meant for lower income group?

this is what i am talking abt all the time .. we allow our policies to deviate from their initial intentions ...

proud owner
27-04-11, 12:18
hehe getting vy complicated now liao...

now become developer's fault....

vicious cycle....

developer make $$, employ more ppl....give out more bonuses....ppl feel rich....buy more ppty....push up ppty price.....BUBBLE

when bubble burst.....lost jobs....blame govt!!!

gd and bad times...all blame govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

sorry sorry

i not very clear ..

i meant to say ... the govt created the environment ..which after years of being under the environment.. the people developed the trait of greed ...

devilplate
27-04-11, 12:21
Through your various post you make alot of sense, and in most part I agree with what you're trying to communicate in the face of all these other post. But not all in society are created equal.

But perhaps you should also walk in the shoes of the poor, less educated, elderly and frail. Our system keeps us these strata of society just at the poverty line and the mental stress is constant. We should thrive to be more compassionate if we are to be regarded as a First World nation.

But I agree its a fine balance. And it;s tough but an Alternative voice can be beneficial.

yes, i agree...

i just wana stress tat its very dangerous to just soley BLAME ur own failure on others(govt/PR etc) except ourselves....as a country, every citizen and govt goto contribute....its 2 in 1.....

yes, govt got its flaws definitely....i strongly agree tat minister's pay MUST BE REVISED.....cannot peg to GDP!!!

as for other areas, i really got limited knowledge liao.....i only familiar wif property and simple financial terms and theory tats all....

my heart with MBT seriously...not a Fan of him but to be fair, i tink he has done wat he can.....his hands r tied too.....he goto consider every aspects of the whole demand vs supply....buyers vs homeowners....as a ppty owner, i am initially pissed by the 4yrs SSD....how i wished there is no cooling measure...perhaps ppty px oredi 50% MORE den current px.....but we mustnt just tink about ourselves.....;)

land118
27-04-11, 12:22
WP 'A' team of Low, Sylvia and Show mao contesting at Aljunied GRC... George beware! :D Wow, Low take risk..., should be a close and heated contest.......Aljunied have 2 Ministers there...

ysyap
27-04-11, 12:26
and why retirees ... with cash from enbloc sales..were allowed to buy HDB at super premium ?

although he has no regular income and it was a resale flat...but he has millions from enbloc... yet they were allowed to buy something thats meant for lower income group?

this is what i am talking abt all the time .. we allow our policies to deviate from their initial intentions ...Unfortunately it is so difficult to police such personal finance.. they can well disguise the finance under spouse's name or child's name, etc.

ysyap
27-04-11, 12:28
Wow, Low take risk..., should be a close and heated contest.......Aljunied have 2 Ministers there...Bishan also have 2 ministers but our dear Mr Chiam is there... great ambition... :D

ysyap
27-04-11, 12:30
All 82 seats are contested... wow!
SDA's Ng Teck Siong's last-minute decision to contest Tanjong Pagar GRC falls through after he missies deadline for nomination. Interesting!:spliff:

novel
27-04-11, 12:36
nope stupidity caused their downfall!! Everybody been warning and reminding them to be well prepared yet they still submit late after all the whoo ha of raising funds!! :simmering:

1229PM: SDA's Ng Teck Siong's last-minute decision to contest Tanjong Pagar GRC falls through after he missies deadline for nomination.

imagine sending him to represent Singapore in overseas issue he submit late!!!? :tongue3:

land118
27-04-11, 12:44
nope stupidity caused their downfall!! Everybody been warning and reminding them to be well prepared yet they still submit late after all the whoo ha of raising funds!! :simmering:

1229PM: SDA's Ng Teck Siong's last-minute decision to contest Tanjong Pagar GRC falls through after he missies deadline for nomination.

imagine sending him to represent Singapore in overseas issue he submit late!!!? :tongue3:Our Swim Team already suffer .....APS submit late..

gn108
27-04-11, 12:44
Honestly, it's tough governing a Nation esp full of complainers.

Subsidies: Don't give - say greedy. Give - say why tax me?!
Education: Rigourous - say too tough and yet we get more assessment books. Easy - say how my kids to compete in global landscape.
Housing: We all know this one.
And so on and so forth.

Tough...but we can't go on and just have One Party Whip, deciding all and sundry. Grad Mother scheme, 2 is enough these are egs of contributing factors on how we ended up with low fertility rate.

yes, i agree...

i just wana stress tat its very dangerous to just soley BLAME ur own failure on others(govt/PR etc) except ourselves....as a country, every citizen and govt goto contribute....its 2 in 1.....

yes, govt got its flaws definitely....i strongly agree tat minister's pay MUST BE REVISED.....cannot peg to GDP!!!

as for other areas, i really got limited knowledge liao.....i only familiar wif property and simple financial terms and theory tats all....

my heart with MBT seriously...not a Fan of him but to be fair, i tink he has done wat he can.....his hands r tied too.....he goto consider every aspects of the whole demand vs supply....buyers vs homeowners....as a ppty owner, i am initially pissed by the 4yrs SSD....how i wished there is no cooling measure...perhaps ppty px oredi 50% MORE den current px.....but we mustnt just tink about ourselves.....;)

proud owner
27-04-11, 12:46
yes, i agree...

i may be biased ...

but i feel his aim is to make money for the govt ..

when he was minister of transport ... there was COE and ERP

both were supposed to curb car populations .. they didnt work ..
COE didnt work .. then add ERP ..still didnt work ..
and always start new ERP gantry on first day of school holiday ..and then claimed traffic conditions improved

really crap

and for someone ( or almost all PAP ministers) ..all are smart people .. yet the think the public is stupid ..

why have a solution over a solution that didnt work ? ERP to correct COE ?

just like a lie to cover another lie ..

yet during that time govt made so much money from the COEs .. still growing

then he moved to HDB ... he made that mistake to underestimate the demand / supply ... fine apologise and move on .. BUT he didnt ...say hard to est .. cannot predict ..

then we pay you so much $$ for what ?

meanwhile govt continue to make money from all the stamp duties ...DC ...etc etc

ALL his policies ultimately make money for govt

IF he really want to supply mroe housing ... then he should sell the land cheap ..and tender the project instead of tendering the land sales .. that way he will not be helping to PUSH prices further ..

dont you think his land sales is not working but only making more money for his ministry ?

he has been the STAR performer for the past years ... thanks to him ...the people are parting their money to add to the country's reserve ... and making themselves look good ... and hence can give themselves a pay rise .... ehehe

our govt is smart ... too smart ... to a point one cannot help but feel its becoming scheming and cunning

thats how i feel ... unfortunately

like i said before i respect the old guards ... for what they have done .. but the recent years ... my feelings change alot ..

to clarify ... i do not feel like a victim of all the above policies which i dislike .. cos i can afford alot more than many people ...

i feel sorry for the lower income majority

novel
27-04-11, 12:48
Our Swim Team already suffer .....APS submit late..

that's why they were disqualified. I dun pity them too!

late is late, so dun make a whoo haa out of 35 secs late! :tongue3:

novel
27-04-11, 12:51
yes, i agree...

how to "like" your post? haha :cool1:

novel
27-04-11, 12:52
Wow, Low take risk..., should be a close and heated contest.......Aljunied have 2 Ministers there...

but i think Low chance is higher than Chiam :spliff:

devilplate
27-04-11, 12:56
as for coe/erp.....i dun tink y its wrong ??? money goto come smwhr...i am sure everybody agree to it....so wats wrong if govt earn from COE, ERP which helps to build up the yearly budget so tat we can spend on other expenses like building more schools, improve basic infrastructure etc....

i tink its fair to tax the rich more and help the poor more.....if u can afford to buy a car....pls dun complain petrol ex, coe px high and erp everywhr.....i will certainly look down on U:doh:

its bcoz COE px was kept low, resulting in JAMS!!! air pollution!!!

i certainly agree to high COE and increase more ERP if needed.....continue to tax the rich and help the poor;) (i am a car owner too.....totally wished car px dirt cheap and no erp.....but we mustnt just tink about OURSELVES)

another suggestion: since COE is vy high now....can be better den this:p , i suggest govt to impose a 'LTV' to car loan as well;) better still, can only take loan on the car value itself....COE must be paid in FULL CASH

proud owner
27-04-11, 13:01
as for coe/erp.....i dun tink y its wrong ??? money goto come smwhr...i am sure everybody agree to it....so wats wrong if govt earn from COE, ERP which helps to build up the yearly budget so tat we can spend on other expenses like building more schools, improve basic infrastructure etc....

i tink its fair to tax the rich more and help the poor more.....if u can afford to buy a car....pls dun complain petrol ex, coe px high and erp everywhr.....i will certainly look down on U:doh:

its bcoz COE px was kept low, resulting in JAMS!!! air pollution!!!

i certainly agree to high COE and increase more ERP if needed.....continue to tax the rich and help the poor;) (i am a car owner too.....totally wished car px dirt cheap and no erp.....but we mustnt just tink about OURSELVES)

what i am saying is ... IF that COE didnt work, to curb car populations,,, then scrap it ..and come out with something else ..

not add ERP ....

did you miss the sentence ..its like Telling a LIE to cover another LIE ?

does it work that way in private sector ?

when some strategies dont work ..throw them away and implement new ones ..
not add another ..to try to correct what thats wrong or ineffective in the first place ..

demand private sector pay ..but again ..dont work like private sector ..

in the end ..the people pay more and more ...

devilplate
27-04-11, 13:04
what i am saying is ... IF that COE didnt work, to curb car populations,,, then scrap it ..and come out with something else ..

not add ERP ....

did you miss the sentence ..its like Telling a LIE to cover another LIE ?

does it work that way in private sector ?

when some strategies dont work ..throw them away and implement new ones ..
not add another ..to try to correct what thats wrong or ineffective in the first place ..

demand private sector pay ..but again ..dont work like private sector ..

in the end ..the people pay more and more ...

do u noe wats a white lie?

i strongly standby my beliefs.....wana drive car in SG....dun complain! wana drive, pay more erp as a form of contribution towards the society bcoz we r SINNERS by polluting the MOTHER EARTH!

devilplate
27-04-11, 13:23
Honestly, it's tough governing a Nation esp full of complainers.

Subsidies: Don't give - say greedy. Give - say why tax me?!
Education: Rigourous - say too tough and yet we get more assessment books. Easy - say how my kids to compete in global landscape.
Housing: We all know this one.
And so on and so forth.

Tough...but we can't go on and just have One Party Whip, deciding all and sundry. Grad Mother scheme, 2 is enough these are egs of contributing factors on how we ended up with low fertility rate.

bro, i am supportive to have alternative voices too:D

but how i wish voting is NOT a secret so tat we can calibrate it nicely into 1/3, 2/3 seats

i DUNWAN to be ruled by opposition NOW.....i am not prepared for such a drastic change overnite....call me selfish/fearmongering, i got my agenda to keep my investment afloat(although i dun mind firesales....but i tink SG may not have any future at all!)

gradual change will be good....1/3 will be the new beginning.....if it happens, great.....den we got 5yrs to see for ourselves whether the opposition r capable anot.....;)

azeoprop
27-04-11, 13:31
Oh no...I think both my minton and waterfront isle are in aljunied GRC! :scared-3:

proud owner
27-04-11, 13:31
do u noe wats a white lie?

i strongly standby my beliefs.....wana drive car in SG....dun complain! wana drive, pay more erp as a form of contribution towards the society bcoz we r SINNERS by polluting the MOTHER EARTH!

i dun drive .... so i am not a sinner

only ruling party can tell white lies ?

contesting party's white lies will still be lies ? i suspect thats how it is ... unfair lor

i didnt say that want to drive and yet demand cheap car etc

i only say the policies were ineffective .. and are mere money making regulations disguise

i am sure there are better policies to curb car populations ...without making the people ( not me ..i dont drive) make so high price ...

i commend your effort to going green ...

there are more examples of unfair treatments ... which can take forever ..

1 last one ..before i stop writing ..

rich people (possibly ministers family menbers themselves ) hogging the bus lane along Dunearn road..sending and picking their children to and from GOOD SCHOOLS .. during morning and evening peak hours ..

where are the traffic police ?

they are busy hiding elsewhere taking pictures of 1 or 2 cars using the bus lane .. say at upp serangoon road ?

proud owner
27-04-11, 13:33
Oh no...I think both my minton and waterfront isle are in aljunied GRC! :scared-3:

ahahah

so who to blame ... ??????/

govt right ?

anyway draw boundary

mind you some in hougang come under Pasir ris ... so you are considered near leow

proud owner
27-04-11, 13:37
bro, i am supportive to have alternative voices too:D

but how i wish voting is NOT a secret so tat we can calibrate it nicely into 1/3, 2/3 seats

i DUNWAN to be ruled by opposition NOW.....i am not prepared for such a drastic change overnite....call me selfish/fearmongering, i got my agenda to keep my investment afloat(although i dun mind firesales....but i tink SG may not have any future at all!)

gradual change will be good....1/3 will be the new beginning.....if it happens, great.....den we got 5yrs to see for ourselves whether the opposition r capable anot.....;)

ahhahaha ok ok

i respect that ...

not that i support such reasons ... but i respect that you are honest

honesty = best policy

amk
27-04-11, 13:37
I agrees with devil on MBT. Mah poor guy. Right now pty price jumping half due to external factors. Nothing he can do. Dun blame the gov for everything.
Also abt COE. When COE=100k, I think the system worked very well in controlling the jam. The gov relented the system due to popular demand and youngster's aspiration to own car. Now you blame gov for this.

novel
27-04-11, 13:38

haha!

bro, why you dun spread out your investment properly? all located in Aljunied? :doh:

ask your whole clan to vote for PAP lah still have chance... :p

ay123
27-04-11, 13:40
So those unhappy issues can be resolve with opp? if one day they really take over, will there be abother group of ppl to complain again? like wat devilplate said cannot always blame everyone for each own unhappiness. whether poor or rich, impt is to live with RICH pride. one has to help yrself.

proud owner
27-04-11, 13:40
I agrees with devil on MBT. Mah poor guy. Right now pty price jumping half due to external factors. Nothing he can do. Dun blame the gov for everything.
Also abt COE. When COE=100k, I think the system worked very well in controlling the jam. The gov relented the system due to popular demand and youngster's aspiration to own car. Now you blame gov for this.

guys please read my post carefully

i said .... ERP over COE is like a LIE TO COVER LIE

strategy to add on ( and not replace) ineffective strategy

these are not the correct way to rectify a problem

amk
27-04-11, 13:43
and one more point, it seems the root cause of all these so called anger is simply the million dollar pay. everything is due to this. to me it's just simply a cheap way to look at things. yea they should donate the $ to help the poor. why not you ? "no I'm not rich enough"/ " I earn it that's why I can keep". :cool:

azeoprop
27-04-11, 13:44
haha!

bro, why you dun spread out your investment properly? all located in Aljunied? :doh:

ask your whole clan to vote for PAP lah still have chance... :p

I think there is very high chance that WP will take aljunied GRC...all their big shots there liaoz... :doh:

ay123
27-04-11, 13:45
guys please read my post carefully

if coe fail, can it be scrap immediately? how abt those who paid coe? if scarp and admit cooe don work let move on. ppl complain again right? i see erp over coe as enhancement than lie covering lie

amk
27-04-11, 13:46

nothing wrong. one controls ownership, one controls usage. It's a good attempt.

u tell me what's the "correct" way ? Pls dun give me that favorite term by CCT "no I'm not in the gov and dun have the data".

ay123
27-04-11, 13:50
and one more point, it seems the root cause of all these so called anger is simply the million dollar pay. everything is due to this. to me it's just simply a cheap way to look at things. yea they should donate the $ to help the poor. why not you ? "no I'm not rich enough"/ " I earn it that's why I can keep". :cool:

agree.....tats why i asked before if take out the minister pay issue. everyone is satisfied? but no one answer :beats-me-man:

novel
27-04-11, 13:50

YES very true!

actually everything also can increase but citizen very sore about the HIGH pay of our ministers.

if their pay is just $5000 per mth then should have less complain..

they think ministers job very easy - shake hands, smile smile but get high pay :D

and I really got one colleague who tell me " you earn so much so go donate" I tell him I did do my usual donation he retorted back "then donate more" so the point is he is only happy when i donate my whole pay check hah? :tongue3:

proud owner
27-04-11, 13:51
nothing wrong. one controls ownership, one controls usage. It's a good attempt.

u tell me what's the "correct" way ? Pls dun give me that favorite term by CCT "no I'm not in the gov and dun have the data".

i dunno who is CCT

i wont give any solution either

as a million salaried ministers they should have thought it out first ..

like i said they want to run this country like an enterprise then work like one .. and not just on the salary part ,,

u may say that i talk only .. no idea type .. so be it ...

i dun drive i dont care if the rest pay thru their nose and be proud that they pay the highest in the world for a car ..

i only pity the lower income group

extremme
27-04-11, 13:57
this is so funny, from yahoo

126PM: DPM and PAP MP Wong Kan Seng addresses crowd on SPP contest at Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC:"You know what we have done for the last five years. I know you will choose wisely." Crowd chants "Mas Selamat... Mas Selamat."

novel
27-04-11, 13:59
haiyo then i should have shouted "go sister go" when that VW try to give his speech here... well I am not so childish lah :p

proud owner
27-04-11, 14:03

126PM: DPM and PAP MP Wong Kan Seng addresses crowd on SPP contest at Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC:"You know what we have done for the last five years. I know you will choose wisely." Crowd chants "Mas Selamat... Mas Selamat."

really ???????????????????

wow dont give face ah ?

amk
27-04-11, 14:04
i dunno who is CCT

sorry should be CST. now u know ? ;)

i wont give any solution either

as a million salaried ministers they should have thought it out first ..

so how ? "what u did are all wrong, but I also dun know what to do. I only know you are all wrong, case close" ?

i only pity the lower income group
I also pity the lower income group.. ( maybe I'm one too you know :cool: )... but then the solution is what ? like devil proposed, let's do tax free, no GST, hospital/transport all free okay ? hoorah communism is the best.:cool:

proud owner
27-04-11, 14:14
sorry should be CST. now u know ? ;)

so how ? "what u did are all wrong, but I also dun know what to do. I only know you are all wrong, case close" ?

I also pity the lower income group.. ( maybe I'm one too you know :cool: )... but then the solution is what ? like devil proposed, let's do tax free, no GST, hospital/transport all free okay ? hoorah communism is the best.:cool:

aiyo tiring leh

i didnt say i dunno what to do
i said i WONT GIVE you one here ..

cos i am not being paid $1 mio per year for 5 consecutive years running ..

they getting the money ..they should come out with the solution mah ...right ?

they want to run this country like an enterprise ..paid like an enterprise ..then work like one then

amk
27-04-11, 14:23
cos i am not being paid $1 mio per year for 5 consecutive years running ..

they getting the money ..they should come out with the solution mah ...right ?

see this is exactly the emotion I found prevalent for most of the PAP haters.

root cause is simply they get paid too much. never mind how complicated some of the policies are. or some of the policies are actually quite logical.

"I dun care. u get paid so much. you must make it work."

proud owner
27-04-11, 14:29

root cause is simply they get paid too much. never mind how complicated some of the policies are. or some of the policies are actually quite logical.

hahahah

i dun even pay tax to spore govt

anywya ... why u think the people behave like that ?

how did singaporeans become like that ?

why when one has a maid at home ..she must work EVERYDAY .. wash car every morning (even when its a bloody cheap car) ?
why maids never get menstrual cramps like their Moms ?
why maids never have a weeks out of a month where they can be 'unreasonable" or PMS ?
why ?

becos they are paid ..very high compared to their relatives back home ... so they MUST WORK , WORK , WORK

but why like that ?

proud owner
27-04-11, 14:32

i am not PAP hater

its some of its policies i dislike and i feel is unfair ...

land118
27-04-11, 14:33
With election being the Number 1 topic for the next 10days, wonder if new launches, property viewing will drop and Agents become more free again...?

proud owner
27-04-11, 14:38
With election being the Number 1 topic for the next 10days, wonder if new launches, property viewing will drop and Agents become more free again...?

i only know
you can anyhow park your car .... wont get summons

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 15:00
yeah, i saw it on tv just now.

really ???????????????????

wow dont give face ah ?

proud owner
27-04-11, 15:03
yeah, i saw it on tv just now.

ahhhah

but i am sure by this evening it will be censored from the 6 and 9 pm news

westman
27-04-11, 15:17

Me was there to volunteer support and we are the one shouted "Mas Selamat..."

The Yahoo's news reporter was just beside us and she just updated as such!

Eye opener for me!!!!

proud owner
27-04-11, 15:21

Eye opener for me!!!!

aahhaa

my colleague says ... by this evening's news ... the same clip will be aired on tv ..

but you will hear instead " LKY LKY" .... ahahhahha

Acer
27-04-11, 15:25

Correct what.

Take ppl money, work for ppl.

ysyap
27-04-11, 15:28

Eye opener for me!!!!Our dear Mr Wong and gang is in deep ****. He said 'I already apologized' and Mr CST said who's head will roll but no reply... :doh:

Acer
27-04-11, 15:30
Read from other forum

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home. My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes. For example:

I have yet to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance. People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one?

Appreciate your advice. http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

By: Ming Lee Lim

westman
27-04-11, 15:30
aahhaa

my colleague says ... by this evening's news ... the same clip will be aired on tv ..

but you will hear instead " LKY LKY" .... ahahhahha

What I've observed:

PAP supporters seem like knowing each other... tot they could be colleagues from various organisations...

Opposition supporters more fragmented. Apart from the WP's supporters, there are more commoners or "Lesser Mortal" (In news report where a PAP MP once descibe ordinary Singaporeans as Lesser Mortal") who volunteerily gathered to support opposition.

It seem to me it's more like PAP vs Singaporeans than PAP vs Oppositions.

Acer
27-04-11, 15:32
Our dear Mr Wong and gang is in deep ****. He said 'I already apologized' and Mr CST said who's head will roll but no reply... :doh:

improve version of
"It's a honest mistake. Let's move on"
:rolleyes:

extremme
27-04-11, 15:42
Read from other forum

I need your urgent advice about employing a maid. As a busy mother, I need someone reliable to help out at home. My maid is from Profits Agency Pte (PAP) and she has worked for me for a long time. Her mother worked for my parents and did an excellent job, so I had faith in her. For several years her performance has been very good, but recently she has become arrogant and insensitive, and is making lots of mistakes. For example:

I have yet to decide whether to renew my maid’s 5-year employment contract. When we discussed this she said that she is now part of a team, and if I want her I must also accept her friends doing part-time work for me. One friend is very inexperienced, can't do basic tasks or explain what she intends to do. I suspect that she is actually underage. When interviewed, she only seemed interested in her days-off and visiting Universal Studios. When she couldn't answer my questions she stomped her foot and exclaimed, "I don't know what to say!" But I am still expected to pay her a high salary.

Now there happen to be a few other maid agencies - Workhard Pte (WP), New Solutions Pte (NSP), Super Personnel Pte (SPP) and Star Domestica Pte (SDP) - that offered me some helpers who seem sincere, genuine and intelligent. They are keen to work, willing to assist me and have a good attitude. I know that they may take a bit of time to learn how everything works, but frankly I am inclined to give them a chance. People say that the devil you know is better than one you don’t. But I feel that I can’t tahan my current maid anymore. Do you think I should sack my current maid and try out a new one?

Appreciate your advice. http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

By: Ming Lee Lim

LOL!! :D :D :D :D :D

extremme
27-04-11, 15:44

Eye opener for me!!!!

hahaha you all really chant mas selamat ah and then the crowd just took it from there? i'll love to see this clip, anyone has the youtube version?

westman
27-04-11, 15:49
hahaha you all really chant mas selamat ah and then the crowd just took it from there? i'll love to see this clip, anyone has the youtube version?

That was when WKS making his appearance...
PAP supporters got excited and starting chanting "PAP"...
We quickly follow the chant with "Mas Selamat... Mas Selamat..."

It took a while for PAP supporters to notice their chanting was hijacked by us..!!!!! Then they quickly changed their chanting timing to break our follow up chant... By the time, we just simply chanting non-stop "Mas Selamat... Mas Selamat..."

Hahahaha...

extremme
27-04-11, 15:50
Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng says he's owned up and apologised for the escape of terror leader Mas Selamat Kastari.

Speaking to media on the sidelines of a community event on Sunday, DPM Wong said, "Of course, the first mistake cannot be obliterated; it was there, I owned up to it, as a minister I took responsibility for it -- that's the right thing to do."

He added, "There was a lapse in the security and I apologised for that and I said we would do everything to find him."

When asked if the issue would cost him votes and be a "fatal blow" to his re-election campaign, the PAP MP for Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC said he hopes people would see the mistake in context over the work he has done throughout his career.

"I think people will look at that and see... based on that I've done here for the last 27 years; and is that one lapse by a department fatal to their decision on electing me or not?" he said.

Mas Selamat escaped from the Whitley Road Detention Centre in Onraet Road in February 2008 and was recaptured in Johore Bahru over a year later.

Dismissing a claim by veteran opposition leader Chiam See Tong that he had not fully explained how the terror leader had escaped, DPM Wong said he had given a full public account in Parliament of the Mas Selamat security lapse on April 21, 2008, when he was Home Affairs Minister. "I spent one hour detailing what the committee of inquiry found and I spent the next two hours answering questions from all the MPs, for those interested in asking questions," he said.
The Minister also questioned why Mr Chiam -- who is expected to contest the Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC -- had only raised one question in Parliament on security lapses in the aftermath of Mas Selamat's escape.
DPM Wong also said that residents in the GRC had not mentioned the issue of Mas Selamat when he made his grassroots visits.
"Nobody raised a question of Mas Selamat in any of these visits," said the Minister, who stepped down and made way for Law Minister K Shanmugam to take over as Home Affairs Minister in November 2010.

Chiam See Tong is expected to contest Bishan-Toa Payoh. (Yahoo! photo/ Henry Lim)

Meanwhile Potong Pasir MP Chiam said the public still had not been given a full version of the Mas Selamat debacle.

The leader of the Singapore People's Party said on Saturday, "I remembered I asked only one question, but that question was not fully answered."

"I asked whether heads would roll over the issue of Mas Selamat. They didn't give us a good answer... We believe in accountability. I want the minister to account to the people of Bishan-Toa Payoh over why heads have not rolled."

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:02
so any terrorist attack in future....just coveniently point our middle finger at home affair minister? hehe:rolleyes:

proud owner
27-04-11, 16:08
The leader of the Singapore People's Party said on Saturday, "I remembered I asked only one question, but that question was not fully answered."

"I asked whether heads would roll over the issue of Mas Selamat. They didn't give us a good answer... We believe in accountability. I want the minister to account to the people of Bishan-Toa Payoh over why heads have not rolled."[/quote]

seriously i wonder

can letting a terrorist escaped in broad day light ... and an apology will be sufficient ?

its not like parking at some hdb carpark and forgot to tear coupon ...

he really think the people MUST accept that the apology is enough ?

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:14
seriously i wonder

can letting a terrorist escaped in broad day light ... and an apology will be sufficient ?

dun forgive and dun accept just vote for opposition....simple as tat....full stop:tongue3:

wenqing
27-04-11, 16:23
why want to change when a country is doing well? for excitement? for personal anger? or for your own desire? country like north korea should have change becos only the govt is living like king but ppl suffer like hell. does this scenario happening in spore? we are doing well with low umemployment, good ecnomic growth, stable govt, wat else do u want for? when ask whether can opp take over and run as well as now. u said even opp take over the policy will not change and country continue to run. if opp take over and run like the past then why need change?
if there is no track record to judge opp the only thing to judge them is their background. the number of scholars in pap can drown the opp.

Vote for Opposition = personal desire and anger.
Vote for PAP = personal desire and correct.

With such attitude, North Korea will be your home. North Korea unemployment is low and government is more stable.

Singapore also had history of high unemployment before past 45 years.

High GDP growth, how many Singaporeans actually feel it and benefit from it.

Besides, experts had say GDP is not accurate indicator of economic growth.

Singaporeans is the lowest paid, lowest purchasing power and work longest hours among all developed nations base on UBS Study.

By the time, you wait until government not stable, unemployment high and and low GDP growth, the Opposition candidates you have will be even worse than now.

Elections also may no longer be allowed.

This is why Africa and Middle East resort to uprisings because they have no avenue to vote Opposition and change things.

They waited until things are broken.

You want Singapore to be another Africa and Middle East by waiting ?

Arguments like stable government, dont break if not broken etc we have heard enough.

Stable government does not equal to quality of living.

Scholars alone does not mean good governance.

We have seen enough excuses last 5 years alone that scholars also make same mistakes as you and I like underbudgeting.

They are not gods.

PAP was Opposition before with no track record and no scholars but still delivered with more constraints 45 years ago.

You keep repeating the same reasons to vote PAP but it had been proven to not match reality.

extremme
27-04-11, 16:31
seriously i wonder

If I'm him, I would rather keep quiet than say I have apologised and its good enough. Makes singaporeans more irked and fed up cause it seems lacking in sincerity

devilplate
27-04-11, 16:36
wenqing back! any juicy news on the ground like wat westman had just shared wif us?:D

land118
27-04-11, 16:49
i only know
you can anyhow park your car .... wont get summons Really, last night my buddy intend to go attend some of both PAP and Opposition rallies in the next 10 days and he say maybe leave our cars at home and take public transport. I was of the impression, maybe PAP rallies anyhow park is safe, but opposition rallies, better obey the rules...if not get tow away...

devilplate
27-04-11, 17:02
so now bishan and aljunied in precarious situation? hehe

any others?

ay123
27-04-11, 17:05
wenqing back! any juicy news on the ground like wat westman had just shared wif us?:D
he must be busy driving lorry or carrying opp flag.......

ay123
27-04-11, 17:16
Vote for Opposition = personal desire and anger.
Vote for PAP = personal desire and correct.

With such attitude, North Korea will be your home. North Korea unemployment is low and government is more stable.

Singapore also had history of high unemployment before past 45 years.

High GDP growth, how many Singaporeans actually feel it and benefit from it.

Besides, experts had say GDP is not accurate indicator of economic growth.

Singaporeans is the lowest paid, lowest purchasing power and work longest hours among all developed nations base on UBS Study.

By the time, you wait until government not stable, unemployment high and and low GDP growth, the Opposition candidates you have will be even worse than now.

Elections also may no longer be allowed.

This is why Africa and Middle East resort to uprisings because they have no avenue to vote Opposition and change things.

They waited until things are broken.

You want Singapore to be another Africa and Middle East by waiting ?

Arguments like stable government, dont break if not broken etc we have heard enough.

Stable government does not equal to quality of living.

Scholars alone does not mean good governance.

We have seen enough excuses last 5 years alone that scholars also make same mistakes as you and I like underbudgeting.

They are not gods.

PAP was Opposition before with no track record and no scholars but still delivered with more constraints 45 years ago.

You keep repeating the same reasons to vote PAP but it had been proven to not match reality.

u keep saying GDP is not real. so wat is real? do u need the govt to display all $ on the ground and let u count??

yes PAP was opp with no track record and wat happen? they fight they win they know wat they want!
when ask opp are they ready to take over, they said not ready and they dare to say opp is needed in case the ruling party fail. isnt it contradicting? one moment say need opp should pap fail on the other hand they are not ready to take over. so wat are they trying to do? try to mess up then say they are not ready!!! this is irresponsible :simmering:

devilplate
27-04-11, 17:17
he must be busy driving lorry or carrying opp flag.......

i remember very clearly tat he told me dun assume he will vote for opposition...

so anything can happen....pro-opp on the internet but ....who noes

'ren xin nan cher'

land118
27-04-11, 17:17
Wonder who WP put to stand in Hougang instead..

devilplate
27-04-11, 17:21
u keep saying GDP is not real. so wat is real? do u need the govt to display all $ on the ground and let u count??

yes PAP was opp with no track record and wat happen? they fight they win they know wat they want!
when ask opp are they ready to take over, they said not ready and they dare to say opp is needed in case the ruling party fail. isnt it contradicting? one moment say need opp should pap fail on the other hand they are not ready to take over. so wat are they trying to do? try to mess up then say they are not ready!!! this is irresponsible :simmering:

seriously, everybody including opposition themselves believes OPP not ready.....

only ready to become alternative voice

its gd to see more opp gaining more seats....but will be a disaster if they gain more den half!:scared-1: many will say it wun happen la....hohoho

ay123
27-04-11, 17:35
i remember very clearly tat he told me dun assume he will vote for opposition...

so anything can happen....pro-opp on the internet but ....who noes

'ren xin nan cher'

emm.....tats true. maybe he is opp support in virtual world, in reality he is driving PAP lorry and carry mike/electric fan for the candidate. double personality??? eek!!

land118
27-04-11, 17:40
See this:

doesn't sound good....

Why Tanjong Pagar was a walkover by PAP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8s-WieTi420&feature=player_embedded#at=222

land118
27-04-11, 17:49
See this:

doesn't sound good....

Another recording....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDP2W-kK_EE&feature=player_embedded#at=37

Geylang OKT
27-04-11, 17:50
Vote Opposition! Vote for lower property prices! :D :D :D

devilplate
27-04-11, 17:56
See this:

doesn't sound good....

super laggy wor...

personal issues: tat guy SUXXX....his angmor standard i tink worse den mine?!?!?!@#@#$@#$:scared-1:

extremme
27-04-11, 18:29
super laggy wor...

personal issues: tat guy SUXXX....his angmor standard i tink worse den mine?!?!?!@#@#$@#$:scared-1:

who is this uncle yap? sounds like he has a strong grouse against PAP...

but seriously i think the 35sec is too nitty gritty on the elections dept part if what this youtube says is true

devilplate
27-04-11, 18:35

but seriously i think the 35sec is too nitty gritty on the elections dept part if what this youtube says is true

last time is ur army officer lenient on u if u report back late for camp?:tsk-tsk:

why must wait till last min??:tsk-tsk:

no grey area is allowed....if 35sec late is allowed...next time somebody 36sec 37sec blah blah late....1min late....?? how? its too subjective.....how late is acceptable??

OPP shd treat election very seriously....y dun submit 1-2hrs earlier....y chun chun go for last min ????:tsk-tsk:

amk
27-04-11, 19:58
U know u r opposition.
And yet u did this, knowing fully well pap can stop u simply by administrative reason, some more 100% legal.
This kind of opposition, :tsk-tsk:

extremme
27-04-11, 20:39
last time is ur army officer lenient on u if u report back late for camp?:tsk-tsk:

no grey area is allowed....if 35sec late is allowed...next time somebody 36sec 37sec blah blah late....1min late....?? how? its too subjective.....how late is acceptable??

OPP shd treat election very seriously....y dun submit 1-2hrs earlier....y chun chun go for last min ????:tsk-tsk:
Me nvr serve army duno wat is army camp lol

Then what Abt e pap candidate still serving notice when technically she put in her form as unemployed? Dat sounds like an even worse error

ysyap
27-04-11, 21:06
Me nvr serve army duno wat is army camp lol

Then what Abt e pap candidate still serving notice when technically she put in her form as unemployed? Dat sounds like an even worse errorShe clarified her last day was early April. She's not serving notice. She actually paid for early release. Well, that's what she said... :cool:

ysyap
27-04-11, 21:08
Vote Opposition! Vote for lower property prices! :D :D :DIf you are the buyer... but vote for MBT if you are the seller... :scared-4:

land118
27-04-11, 21:32
http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_661898.html

APR 27, 2011

PM explains why Steve Tan dropped out
By Rachel Chang

Steva Tan, 37, told reporters that he had stepped down for 'personal reasons'. -- PHOTO: PAP
PRIME Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that 'there is no absolute certainty in any process of choosing people,' when explaining the unprecedented last-minute pullout of unionist Steve Tan from the PAP slate on Nomination Day.

'We're looking for many attributes, strengths and capabilities, and also testing for weaknesses, and there's no process which is 100 per cent accurate.'

'And even if you're accurate now, something may happen later on and we have to revise our assessment,' he said at a press conference after nominations closed on Wednesday.

Mr Tan, 37, told reporters that he had stepped down for 'personal reasons'. MP Baey Yam Kheng replaced him in the Tampines GRC lineup, while new face, surgeon Chia Shih Lu, took Mr Baey's place in Tanjong Pagar GRC.

Mr Lee was unequivocal that party leadership had not known about Mr Tan's past troubles, arguing that the change would not have been at the eleventh hour if they had.

He said that the party and Mr Tan could have 'pretended there was no problem and just carried on'.

'But Steve Tan is honourable, we are (as well), and we decided that awkward as it is, we just had to go through with this and made the last-minute change and explain to people: I'm sorry, something has come up...we have had to make a change.'

Separately, Labour chief Lim Swee Say said Mr Tan was put up as a candidate 'based on our knowledge of his track records over the last 10 years'.

On Mr Tan's decision to drop out of the contest, he said: 'I'm glad he took the decision before the GE. I suppose he came to the decision in the interest of the party, in the interest of the voters. I take consolation that we have responsible people who put the bigger voter interest ahead of personal interest.'

land118
27-04-11, 21:37
Updated: 27/04/2011
http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4803201

Low Thia Khiang on why he decided to contest in a GRC

®Copyright MediaCorp
Workers' Party Secretary General Low Thia Khiang has admitted that the stakes are high for him in moving from his single seat in Hougang to contest in a Group Representation Constituency in Aljunied.*

He said this at press conference held at the Workers' Party headquarters this afternoon.*

The Secretary General of Workers' Party Low Thia Khiang said that he has been thinking about contesting in a GRC for a long time.*

"Since I was elected in 1991, I see (that) the Opposition making no progress, but regress instead, I ask myself whether is this desirable for Singapore, is this something Something Singaporeans want? I believe that Singapore do want a credible opposition to represent them in Parliament."

Mr Low said he was more determined to make the move after the Electoral Boundary Review Committee Report was released in February.*

"Where 29,000 of the voter originally in Aljunied GRC who has given the Workers Party substantive support were being zoomed out to Ang Mo Kio GRC and some to Pungol Pasir Ris GRC."

Mr Low said remaining in Hougang would be a more logical move but he decided that this was the time to have a GRC breakthrough for his party.

Mr Low said having Chen Show Mao was a bonus and it played a part in him deciding to contest in a GRC.*

But he admitted that come polling day, the People's Action Party could still win all 87 seats in Parliament.*

Asked what his chances were, Mr Low said he would leave it to voters to decide.

In Aljunied, Mr Low's team faces the PAP team helmed by Foreign Minister George Yeo.*

-By Esther Ng

DC33_2008
27-04-11, 21:39
Wow! They must have found out that the opp. found out something about him that happen more than 10 years ago. Personal reason could be just an excuse.
http://www.straitstimes.com/GeneralElection/News/Story/STIStory_661898.html

APR 27, 2011

PM explains why Steve Tan dropped out
By Rachel Chang

Steva Tan, 37, told reporters that he had stepped down for 'personal reasons'. -- PHOTO: PAP
PRIME Minister Lee Hsien Loong said that 'there is no absolute certainty in any process of choosing people,' when explaining the unprecedented last-minute pullout of unionist Steve Tan from the PAP slate on Nomination Day.

'We're looking for many attributes, strengths and capabilities, and also testing for weaknesses, and there's no process which is 100 per cent accurate.'

'And even if you're accurate now, something may happen later on and we have to revise our assessment,' he said at a press conference after nominations closed on Wednesday.

Mr Tan, 37, told reporters that he had stepped down for 'personal reasons'. MP Baey Yam Kheng replaced him in the Tampines GRC lineup, while new face, surgeon Chia Shih Lu, took Mr Baey's place in Tanjong Pagar GRC.

Mr Lee was unequivocal that party leadership had not known about Mr Tan's past troubles, arguing that the change would not have been at the eleventh hour if they had.

He said that the party and Mr Tan could have 'pretended there was no problem and just carried on'.

'But Steve Tan is honourable, we are (as well), and we decided that awkward as it is, we just had to go through with this and made the last-minute change and explain to people: I'm sorry, something has come up...we have had to make a change.'

Separately, Labour chief Lim Swee Say said Mr Tan was put up as a candidate 'based on our knowledge of his track records over the last 10 years'.

On Mr Tan's decision to drop out of the contest, he said: 'I'm glad he took the decision before the GE. I suppose he came to the decision in the interest of the party, in the interest of the voters. I take consolation that we have responsible people who put the bigger voter interest ahead of personal interest.'

land118
27-04-11, 21:41
Wow! They must have found out that the opp. found out something about him that happen more than 10 years ago. Personal reason could be just an excuse.
Maybe they reserve him to head NTUC union or he clashed with MBT? A bit strange becos TPL get wacked so jialat also survive...

DC33_2008
27-04-11, 21:45
Only Yes man survives. No man has to go. Joo Chiat former MP was very high profile 3 years ago in clan and society activities but turn quiet suddenly and has left politics now.
Maybe they reserve him to head NTUC union or he clashed with MBT?

land118
27-04-11, 21:45
WKS super on the ball, like chasing terriorist:

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4803176

Bishan-Toa Payoh PAP team hits the ground running on Nomination Day

®Copyright MediaCorp
Just hours after Nomination, the Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC's People's Action Party team hit the ground running, intensifying their walkabouts in the constituency.*

The team was at Toa Payoh MRT station speaking to residents and mingling with the peak-hour crowd.*

Deputy Prime Minister Wong Kan Seng, Education Minister Ng Eng Hen, and advisors to the GRC, Mr Hri Kumar, Mr Zainudin Nordin, and Ms Josephine Teo are facing a contest from the Singapore People's Party.*

The SPP candidates are Mr Chiam See Tong, Benjamin Pwee, Wilfred Leung, Jimmy Lee and Mohd Hamim Aliyas.*

Speaking to reporters during the walkabout, DPM Wong says the stakes are high in this election with 82 out of 87 seats contested.*

And he said voters should not take it lightly.*

"Some people may think, well my friends will vote for the PAP, and they can simply cast their vote for the opposition. And if many of them think that way, then we will have different results, and people may very well be surprised by it. That one cross in the box may just take a minute or two, but the process of thinking about that needs careful deliberation."

DC33_2008
27-04-11, 21:51
Have to play balls now otherwise got nothing to play later. There was a string of adverse reply on WKS's article in the Discussion section of the e-straits times. I was trying to find yesterday and seems that it has been removed.

land118
27-04-11, 22:00
http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2662664

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2662482

Extracted from http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb......pe=1&ref=nf

Quoted from one of his ex-colleagues:

"it was the marketing department of the admin and research unit of NTUC umbrella union. he was there in '05 as deputy director or something, a rising star so to speak, "young and talented, up and coming"... yada yada yada.

Let me just cut to the chase: there were no less than 2 girls who worked there the same time i did who told me of their ***ual harassment experience with this guy. and as far as i know it went unreported, undisclosed.. and there were many others who also knew of it. but it seems not enough people stood up for themselves or for the others to make it known."

teddybear
27-04-11, 22:50
Cannot say like that lah, I passed by heartland neighbourhood schools and same thing long queue of cars parked on the left lane and some causing obstruction to the only other passable right lane. If say traffic police biased, these people should be booked first and there will not be such problem in the heartland. Problem seems to be that there is no/insufficient traffic police at all! :eek:

i dun drive .... so i am not a sinner

only ruling party can tell white lies ?

contesting party's white lies will still be lies ? i suspect thats how it is ... unfair lor

i didnt say that want to drive and yet demand cheap car etc

i only say the policies were ineffective .. and are mere money making regulations disguise

i am sure there are better policies to curb car populations ...without making the people ( not me ..i dont drive) make so high price ...

i commend your effort to going green ...

there are more examples of unfair treatments ... which can take forever ..

1 last one ..before i stop writing ..

rich people (possibly ministers family menbers themselves ) hogging the bus lane along Dunearn road..sending and picking their children to and from GOOD SCHOOLS .. during morning and evening peak hours ..

where are the traffic police ?

they are busy hiding elsewhere taking pictures of 1 or 2 cars using the bus lane .. say at upp serangoon road ?

DC33_2008
27-04-11, 22:58
When does the rally start? Anyone attended any rally tonight?

bargain hunter
27-04-11, 22:59
rallies start tomorrow and ends next thursday.

When does the rally start? Anyone attended any rally tonight?

devilplate
27-04-11, 23:11
rallies start tomorrow and ends next thursday.

lunch time at boat q tmr...any1?;)

DC33_2008
27-04-11, 23:13
Still got to work not like you. Pls share with us when you return.
lunch time at boat q tmr...any1?;)

Geylang OKT
27-04-11, 23:38

Acer
27-04-11, 23:39
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/ntuc-youth-wing-leader-drops-ge-race-020245855.html

The People's Action Party candidate who dropped out of the elections last minute has dismissed online speculation about the reasons why he suddenly pulled out.

Steven Tan Peng Hoe, who was expected to run in the Tampines Group Representation Constituency, withdrew his candidacy at the 11th hour late on Tuesday night, citing "personal reasons".Unsubstantiated claims on internet forums said his decision could be down to harrassment issues when he was working at the National Trade Union Congress (NTUC) umbrella union. The poster also said letters have been sent to the Prime Minister's Office.

However, speaking to Yahoo! Singapore, Tan declined to go into the details of his decision.

He said he "has not heard about the speculation" but "thinks that people are starting it because of the short notice of the withdrawal."

But when asked if he will continue to conduct activities under the PAP banner, Tan said that he could not comment. However, he said he plans to continue with his work and daily life.

Earlier, Tan said he withdrew his candidacy after a talk with his wife and called the decision, "a hard one".

Later on Wednesday, PM Lee addressed the issue during a press conference and said the PAP "were unaware" of Tan's issue until the last minute but were prepared to make final-hour adjustments.

PM Lee said he did not want go into details about why he withdrew except that it was a "personal decision" by Tan which the PAP "accepted".http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3UmIptLp_WrjJ8GeUOpc1A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7dz0zMDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/600yahoo_newpapcandidates2.jpgSteve Tan Peng Hoe (left) along with Foo Mee Har and Desmond Lee Ti-Seng when they were unveiled as part of PAP's …

When he was first introduced to the media, Tan said he was a grassroots volunteer at Tampines East and helped out at Meet-the-People Sessions, among other activities.

A business graduate of the Nanyang Technological University, he also helps to manage the community website, My Tampines (http://www.mytampines.sg/). He had said that he sees being an "ordinary guy" as a strength.
"When I'm doing my union work, this is one aspect I love: I hang out at the same places and do the same things as my workers... we eat roti prata at Jalan Kayu together," he said. "It will make it easier for me to relate to voters," he said.
Tan's sudden withdrawal caused a last-minute PAP reshuffle with Tanjong Pagar MP Baey Yam Keng moving over to Tampines GRC.
"I was informed just yesterday, on Tuesday evening. I did a quick drive through last night and looked around town. The profile of the residents here are different from Queenstown and Tanjong Pagar," said Mr Baey.
He also added that he hopes to be given a chance to serve the Tampines community.

Replacing Baey in Tanjong Pagar, in turn, is Singapore General Hospital doctor Dr Chia Shi Lu, who has worked on the grassroots level in Aljunied and Hougang.
Media raised the issue on how and why Dr Chia managed to get a "free pass" into Parliament after Tanjong Pagar GRC went uncontested.
PM Lee said in response that at the time when Dr Chia was drafted into the GRC team led by MM Lee, the PAP could not possibly know that Tanjong Pagar would not be contested.

devilplate
27-04-11, 23:47

u change side so fast ar? jus sold ur ppty?:p

peterng8
27-04-11, 23:56
some postings saw on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_6x_5J78Rs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMW0ZIroCOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs-9z_DdBFg&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQ_dXyg840

Geylang OKT
28-04-11, 00:03
u change side so fast ar? jus sold ur ppty?:p

I am using sarcasm. Folks anyhow want to vote opposition without thinking how it will affect their property prices ;) ;) ;)

peterng8
28-04-11, 00:06
I am using sarcasm. Folks anyhow want to vote opposition without thinking how it will affect their property prices ;) ;) ;)

is hougang and potong pasir property price now very cheap meh? i am not so familiar on these 2 estates...or is it geylang? :D

devilplate
28-04-11, 00:07

OPP can win up to 4GRCs still under 1/3 wor....An Lah:D

peterng8
28-04-11, 00:09
OPP can win up to 4GRCs still under 1/3 wor....An Lah:D

can win so much? singaporeans most KS (kia si)one...:D

jwong71
28-04-11, 00:11

thank you PAP.. you have our interest at heart..

*are they kinda of threatening, when they mention about properties value to maintain or go up..?
i dont rember properties mention at the last election..

land118
28-04-11, 00:11
From share investor forum:

View Steve Tan Peng Hoe 's CV Here
http://www.pap.org.sg/uploads/ap/8020/documents/steve_tan_peng_hoe_cv.pdf

View the introduction on Channel NewsAsia

Dr Ng Eng Hen, who is the PAP's Organising Secretary (Special Duties), said: "All the candidates we have introduced, we have seen the majority of CEC, comprising mainly cabinet ministers and senior party leaders, at least five to six teams...(underwent) very deep drilling and grilling...to understand the motivations and also to assess that under pressure, can this person deliver? Will he run and buckle? Because there is a lot to lose if he can't get it right. This is the third generation leadership handing over our destiny. We wanted to make sure that these were men and women of substance.

"I would say the 24 candidates have handled themselves well. They have not overstretched themselves, not over-promised, they would have to find their own way and convince Singaporeans and be able to connect with (them). We are [B]pleased and more assured that we have capable leaders in place.[b]"

devilplate
28-04-11, 00:13
is hougang and potong pasir property price now very cheap meh? i am not so familiar on these 2 estates...or is it geylang? :D

opp's housing policy proposals all super power packed

govt reserves vy rich wat....official figures xxx....in reality, obviously more den tat....we just take a small portion....small change la....:D

devilplate
28-04-11, 00:14
thank you PAP.. you have our interest at heart..

*are they kinda of threatening, when they mention about properties value to maintain or go up..?
i dont rember properties mention at the last election..

in 2006, HDB px still sleeping volcano:sleep:

Geylang OKT
28-04-11, 00:16

Very cheap sale prices of course. even the rentals there are cheaper than equivalent ones in PAP wards. You as a property agent of all folks should know. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

devilplate
28-04-11, 00:19
Very cheap sale prices of course. even the rentals there are cheaper than equivalent ones in PAP wards. You as a property agent of all folks should know. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ever wondered y queenstown always highest in px? asnwer is so obvious

Geylang OKT
28-04-11, 00:20

Just say your property prices affected if you vote opposition thench everybody in this forum kuai kuai vote PAP already :doh:

caveat: except for the buyers :D :D :D

gn108
28-04-11, 00:29
OMG - I didn't realise till I watched these. Thank you for posting these.
Can't imagine paying SGD 15k for this quality of candidate - but as the saying goes "I rather be lucky than smart" and she's damn lucky she parachuted into the PAP.

some postings saw on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_6x_5J78Rs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMW0ZIroCOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs-9z_DdBFg&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQ_dXyg840

jwong71
28-04-11, 00:41
Just say your property prices affected if you vote opposition thench everybody in this forum kuai kuai vote PAP already :doh:

ya la beat around the bush,go straight to the point la.

kuai kuai..?

its more likely LAN LAN..:beats-me-man:

Regulators
28-04-11, 02:47
The big question is why the hell would they choose someone like Tin Peiling or Foo Mee Har out of many more capable people out there who can't wait to jump into the vampire squad

"I would say the 24 candidates have handled themselves well. They have not overstretched themselves, not over-promised, they would have to find their own way and convince Singaporeans and be able to connect with (them). We are [B]pleased and more assured that we have capable leaders in place.[b]"

Regulators
28-04-11, 03:10
Taken from http://miyagi.sg/2011/04/how-to-solve-the-tin-peiling-issue-2/

How to solve the Tin Peiling issue
on April 12, 2011 · 10 Comments and 41 Reactions · in Laws of our land
An old friend of mine wrote this on Face*book, and it’s too good not to republish:

The PAP was for many years joc*u*larly referred to as Pian Ah Pek or Pay and Pay. I remem*ber one after*noon, many years ago, talk*ing to the elderly Toh Chin Chye. He was by then long estranged from the party and still very anti-PAP. I shared with him these alter*na*tive inter*pre*ta*tion of his erst*while party’s acronym and was aston*ished that he hadn’t heard these rather clever jokes before. I was even more aston*ished when he burst out with such mirth that he wept; for a few min*utes he was so seized by parox*ysms of laugh*ter, he almost choked. This sweet moment for him had to be pro*longed and savoured. And so, in between more hearty guf*faws and dab*bing the tears rolling down his still-full cheeks, he asked me to repeat the joke, along with the other pokes about what WP, SJP and SDP also stood for. To refresh your mem*ory: Why Pay? (Work*ers Party), Some Jok*ers Pay (the defunct Sin*ga*pore Jus*tice Party) and So Don’t Pay (Sin*ga*pore Demo*c*ra*tic Party). I chuck*led with him and we con*tin*ued a great yarn.

By now, of course, that joke is so 1990s. Not that the mean*ing has expired with time, since the PAP today still sub*scribes to that phi*los*o*phy. User pays is in fact immutable, sacred dogma. I’d like to add another inter*pre*ta*tion of PAP that is time*less in lan*guage and, regret*tably, in mean*ing too: Patro*n*is*ing, Arro*gant Pols. True, not as witty, but nei*ther am I.

Today we still see a polit*i*cal party that is Arro*gant and Patro*n*ises the elec*torate, despite great strides over some 15 yrs since that joke was in vogue. This Arro*gance and Patro*n*is*ing atti*tude rears its unpleas*ant head espe*cially in the run-up to the Gen*eral Elec*tion, which is trag*i*cally unfor*tu*nate tim*ing for the Party. In the inter*ven*ing years between each elec*toral period, the PAP in fact strives its utmost to gov*ern the coun*try wisely, tak*ing great pains to explain and pla*cate bewil*dered and/or dis*grun*tled peo*ple affected by any new pol*icy, adopts a very patient and hum*ble tone to edu*cate the cit*i*zenry and finesse new ini*tia*tives it rolls out, with a few Truly Spec*tac*u*lar Fail*ures in between (more below).

Yet when it comes time for it to really go out on a charm offen*sive, when we vot*ers are about to receive our polling slips and decide to give them “five more years”, to adapt the US elec*toral turn-of-phrase, the PAP dis*plays a Patro*n*is*ing and Arro*gant atti*tude instead. And every time it has been pun*ished for this unseemly behaviour.

In the mat*ter of Tin Peil*ing, SM Goh Chok Tong is reported to have told this young polit*i*cal hot potato to ignore the “noise”. This Noise is, quel hor*reur, actu*ally the Elec*torate, Mr Goh! The Noise is emit*ting from the very peo*ple she is try*ing to win over and even*tu*ally serve. Admit*tedly, not all those who com*plain are in the MacPher*son ward where she is slated to run. After all, MacPher*son is known to have a lot of old, blue-collared vot*ers who are less likely to be set*ting the blo*gos*phere aflame — and that’s where the old joke about Pian Ah Pek still rings true and fresh after all these years. Par*don us for being hoi pol*loi, but it is we who are assess*ing the par*ties over*all, even if we only get to vote for indi*vid*ual MPs assigned to each con*stituency. I am sorry that we the peo*ple of Sin*ga*pore are so both*er*some to our polit*i*cal lead*ers. After so many years of endemic walkovers, the Patro*n*is*ing, Arro*gant Pols may have for*got*ten that this time, a lot of us can actu*ally exer*cise our right to vote.

And just to clar*ify, but not to belabour the point, this Noise is not ema*nat*ing from polit*i*cal pun*dits, not med*dling for*eign inter*fer*ence, not sneer*ing and jeal*ous neigh*bours who wish us ill, not even the mot*ley oppo*si*tion in Sin*ga*pore. This Noise is Sin*ga*porean Voters.

I am just old enough to remem*ber the enor*mous uproar caused by the Grad*u*ate Mother Pol*icy, fol*lowed by the mor*ti*fy*ing climb-down. Then the con*de*scend*ing dis*missal of Chiam See Tong’s “O” lev*els results, the con*se*quences for which the rul*ing party has had to live with for many, many years. Then last election’s mor*ti*fy*ing climb down regard*ing PM Lee’s Freudian slip about “fix*ing the oppo*si*tion”, and back*ing off on The James Gomez Inci*dent. Then in this lat*est elec*tion cycle, the des*per*ate shut*ting of the sta*ble doors after the for*eign*ers bolted in in what must be the Most Spec*tac*u*larly Unpop*u*lar Pol*icy in Singapore’s short his*tory. Add Mere Mor*tal LKY’s art*ful “I stand cor*rected” retraction-without-a-retraction.

This pre-election, it will have to be about Tin Peil*ing. The crit*i*cal dif*fer*ence, though, is no senior cadre needs to be named, blamed and shamed; she can be her own sac*ri*fi*cial lamb.

Tin Peil*ing was picked pre*cisely to appeal to her peers, so it is with tragic irony that it is those same peers — and plenty of us older vot*ers — who are bay*ing for her removal/ solo contest/ jump*ing off coat-tails. Her pres*ence is a grow*ing and hideous blot on the PAP’s oth*er*wise bur*nished rep*u*ta*tion. What a dis*trac*tion for not only a Senior Min*is*ter to retire grace*fully while unveil*ing his exit strat*egy; but to eclipse the intro*duc*tion of a much more hon*ourable can*di*date, a for*mer Army chief. Beyond dis*tract*ing, it is marring.

By insist*ing on her cre*den*tials and hang*ing on to her, the PAP risks reviv*ing its image as Patro*n*is*ing, Arro*gant Pols on account of one such mere mor*tal (mm, not MM). Why? Is she really worth it? Is she worth rekin*dling cyn*i*cal vot*ers? Is she worth lost votes in other con*stituen*cies to the oppo*si*tion? Is she worth the dimin*ished regard of the PAP’s hal*lowed abil*i*ties? Is she worth the unnec*es*sary detrac*tion from other wor*thy can*di*dates? And, yes, is she worth so much Noise??

Early on, there was talk of a sui*cide squad of oppo*si*tion MPs to con*test both impreg*nable con*stituen*cies: Tan*jong Pagar and Marine Parade. I don’t know if that idea is still alive regard*ing that rather bit player party that rises like Lazarus from the dead at each elec*tion. If so, it might actu*ally get a whole lot more votes this time than even it could hope for in its wildest dreams.

So, to return to my sug*ges*tion. Tin Peil*ing should sim*ply bow out of her own accord, acknowl*edge that Finance Min*is*ter has been man*fully striv*ing to close the income gap not as an extra-curricular activ*ity but because he and his wiser col*leagues actu*ally do believe that it is the Government’s respon*si*bil*ity to do so, and save the party the ignominy of los*ing a stag*ger*ing lot of votes, and unnec*es*sary dis*trac*tion, and all the other rea*sons already mentioned.

Then to prove her met*tle, she can thumb her nose at us Noise by fol*low*ing her name*sake, Sarah Palin, and run for (Sin*ga*pore) President.

wenqing
28-04-11, 05:11
Looks like election fever had hit this forum too.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?90609-Opposition-Care-Package

ysyap
28-04-11, 06:38
The big question is why the hell would they choose someone like Tin Peiling or Foo Mee Har out of many more capable people out there who can't wait to jump into the vampire squadConnectinos lah... The others who can't wait to jump either did not jump or failed during selection criteria lor.. :doh: These 2 managed to jump and passed!

westman
28-04-11, 08:02
OMG - I didn't realise till I watched these. Thank you for posting these.
Can't imagine paying SGD 15k for this quality of candidate - but as the saying goes "I rather be lucky than smart" and she's damn lucky she parachuted into the PAP.

First, LHL claimed there is no way to have enough talents to support two teams in Singapore.

Second, For a long while PAP claimed high salary (allowances) for mp is a necessary step to attract talents.

Third, PAP insisted their candidates screening system is very wide and extremely details thus top talents are on their hands.

Nicole is popular among lesser mortal like us not because she is exceptional good but because she is more down to earth than TPL. Effectively, her present alone in GE would critically thwarted LHL/PAP's "Talent's Argument"

westman
28-04-11, 08:14

Bro OKT,
Firstly, I must admit I really dun't like to see my property value drop.

However, I think the current property's policies are flawed. Why?

There are large number of FT working in SG and assuming they have intention to return back to your native country after a few years of working in SG. You would probably buy a HDB flat (not private hor) since housing minister said asset must appreciate! What would happened to the market? They have created alot of freak deals as they may not be well informed on local housing market. Anyway, this would not be a problem for them as afterall, the next idiot buyer would cover his costs plus profit.

Now, let fast forward the time by a few years. Credit to MBT's asset appreciation policies, these FT can sell their HDB at higher prices and returned home with good retirement life thereafter.

While it is nice for them and us (applicable to our generations who properties and not sole property), those who own only one and own none will not get to enjoy the benefits of asset appreciation policies.
Worst, assuming families with two or more Childs would suffered even more as they will have to carry own to hold and sustain the price for what we have enjoyed today.

So, think carefully, vote wisely.

proud owner
28-04-11, 08:16

yes in a way i agree with you
1 sec late is still late .......

they have all the rights to reject his application

on that note ... HOW SERIOUS IS SERIOUS ?

letting a terrorist escaped and a simply Apology and stepped down...but still a DPM ???

thats child play in my opinion

that comes back to what i hate ... PAP can do wrong , and yet can act as if nothing happens and expect the people to accept

yet 35 sec is damn freaking serious ..to them ...

wheres the logic ? and fairness?

devilplate
28-04-11, 08:19
yes in a way i agree with you
1 sec late is still late .......

they have all the rights to reject his application

on that note ... HOW SERIOUS IS SERIOUS ?

letting a terrorist escaped and a simply Apology and stepped down...but still a DPM ???

thats child play in my opinion

that comes back to what i hate ... PAP can do wrong , and yet can act as if nothing happens and expect the people to accept

yet 35 sec is damn freaking serious ..to them ...

wheres the logic ? and fairness?

if based on ur reasoning, many criminals can get away liao in future:tongue3:

they will say my offence more serious den the escape of mas selamat meh?!?!:tongue3:

proud owner
28-04-11, 08:23
Cannot say like that lah, I passed by heartland neighbourhood schools and same thing long queue of cars parked on the left lane and some causing obstruction to the only other passable right lane. If say traffic police biased, these people should be booked first and there will not be such problem in the heartland. Problem seems to be that there is no/insufficient traffic police at all! :eek:

how to compare heartland housing estate and a major one like Dunearn road ?

how is it that only drivers in other 'not rich' areas get booked for using bus lane during peak hours ?

but we have never heard or read any reports of drivers being booked at Dunearn rd during peak hours ?

i pity those bus drivers..they have to use the middle lane, to avoid the line of cars, some even occupying the bus box ...

devilplate
28-04-11, 08:26
how to compare heartland housing estate and a major one like Dunearn road ?

how is it that only drivers in other 'not rich' areas get booked for using bus lane during peak hours ?

but we have never heard or read any reports of drivers being booked at Dunearn rd during peak hours ?

i pity those bus drivers..they have to use the middle lane, to avoid the line of cars, some even occupying the bus box ...

any such unfair scene happening in US?

yo, tat time i ask u smthing about obama....y he appoint back all those ppl tat 'created' subprime crisis

DC33_2008
28-04-11, 08:37
How to be a hard decision to join this party. It is a "Harder" decision to join the other sides. Those candidates' children, grandchildren, siblings, and relatives may not be able to work in certain sensitive sector such as civil servant, etc., in Singapore.
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/ntuc-youth-wing-leader-drops-ge-race-020245855.html

The People's Action Party candidate who dropped out of the elections last minute has dismissed online speculation about the reasons why he suddenly pulled out.

Steven Tan Peng Hoe, who was expected to run in the Tampines Group Representation Constituency, withdrew his candidacy at the 11th hour late on Tuesday night, citing "personal reasons".Unsubstantiated claims on internet forums said his decision could be down to harrassment issues when he was working at the National Trade Union Congress (NTUC) umbrella union. The poster also said letters have been sent to the Prime Minister's Office.

However, speaking to Yahoo! Singapore, Tan declined to go into the details of his decision.

He said he "has not heard about the speculation" but "thinks that people are starting it because of the short notice of the withdrawal."

But when asked if he will continue to conduct activities under the PAP banner, Tan said that he could not comment. However, he said he plans to continue with his work and daily life.

Earlier, Tan said he withdrew his candidacy after a talk with his wife and called the decision, "a hard one".

Later on Wednesday, PM Lee addressed the issue during a press conference and said the PAP "were unaware" of Tan's issue until the last minute but were prepared to make final-hour adjustments.

PM Lee said he did not want go into details about why he withdrew except that it was a "personal decision" by Tan which the PAP "accepted".http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3UmIptLp_WrjJ8GeUOpc1A--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7dz0zMDA-/http://media.zenfs.com/en-SG/blogs/singaporescene/600yahoo_newpapcandidates2.jpgSteve Tan Peng Hoe (left) along with Foo Mee Har and Desmond Lee Ti-Seng when they were unveiled as part of PAP's …

When he was first introduced to the media, Tan said he was a grassroots volunteer at Tampines East and helped out at Meet-the-People Sessions, among other activities.

A business graduate of the Nanyang Technological University, he also helps to manage the community website, My Tampines (http://www.mytampines.sg/). He had said that he sees being an "ordinary guy" as a strength.
"When I'm doing my union work, this is one aspect I love: I hang out at the same places and do the same things as my workers... we eat roti prata at Jalan Kayu together," he said. "It will make it easier for me to relate to voters," he said.
Tan's sudden withdrawal caused a last-minute PAP reshuffle with Tanjong Pagar MP Baey Yam Keng moving over to Tampines GRC.
"I was informed just yesterday, on Tuesday evening. I did a quick drive through last night and looked around town. The profile of the residents here are different from Queenstown and Tanjong Pagar," said Mr Baey.
He also added that he hopes to be given a chance to serve the Tampines community.

Replacing Baey in Tanjong Pagar, in turn, is Singapore General Hospital doctor Dr Chia Shi Lu, who has worked on the grassroots level in Aljunied and Hougang.
Media raised the issue on how and why Dr Chia managed to get a "free pass" into Parliament after Tanjong Pagar GRC went uncontested.
PM Lee said in response that at the time when Dr Chia was drafted into the GRC team led by MM Lee, the PAP could not possibly know that Tanjong Pagar would not be contested.

proud owner
28-04-11, 08:40
if based on ur reasoning, many criminals can get away liao in future:tongue3:

they will say my offence more serious den the escape of mas selamat meh?!?!:tongue3:

correct

thats why the escape is a damn serious issue and yet the govt can cover it so nicely and WKS can AOPOLOGISE and moved on as if it didnt happen

can u see they took it so lightly ??

and yet they so strict on 35sec ?

dont you see how unfair they have been ?

proud owner
28-04-11, 08:44
any such unfair scene happening in US?

yo, tat time i ask u smthing about obama....y he appoint back all those ppl tat 'created' subprime crisis

did u ask me ? soory i didnt see ...

yes of course there are alot of other unfair scenes in US , and everywhere

BUT they are not paid millions ...

to me ..i pay you well ... you better delivery ..dont use HUMAN EROR, MOVE ON , etc etc to brush things aside and treat them as nothing serious

as to why obama re appointed those people ?
in US, they love to use crooks to fight crooks

that guy , i forgot his name, who gambled about millions and cheated some banks ... and now in jail forever ..

if he was in US...he would have been employed by the govt or casino..to identify potential cheaters ... in singapore ..he gets life sentence

devilplate
28-04-11, 08:44
How to be a hard decision to join this party. It is a "Harder" decision to join the other sides. Those candidates' children, grandchildren, siblings, and relatives may not be able to work in certain sensitive sector such as civil servant, etc., in Singapore.

tats y they only say its hard....and never say 'hardest decision' ever made....LOL

frankly its vy hard decision lor, u nid the passion and ur life is very much restricted after tat

proud owner
28-04-11, 08:46
tats y they only say its hard....and never say 'hardest decision' ever made....LOL

frankly its vy hard decision lor, u nid the passion and ur life is very much restricted after tat

so taking the QUICK RICH way would be to join PAP ??

devilplate
28-04-11, 08:47
did u ask me ? soory i didnt see ...

yes of course there are alot of other unfair scenes in US , and everywhere

BUT they are not paid millions ...

to me ..i pay you well ... you better delivery ..dont use HUMAN EROR, MOVE ON , etc etc to brush things aside and treat them as nothing serious

as to why obama re appointed those people ?
in US, they love to use crooks to fight crooks

that guy , i forgot his name, who gambled about millions and cheated some banks ... and now in jail forever ..

if he was in US...he would have been employed by the govt or casino..to identify potential cheaters ... in singapore ..he gets life sentence

wah....You and I really got very different culture and mindset:scared-3:

i got nothing much to say........:banghead:

devilplate
28-04-11, 08:48

for me, give me 100mil..i aso not keen to take part in election....its not always about $$$ my dear fren.....

wat so great of having 100mil but u cannot anyhow spend as u like?

Freedom is priceless;)

ysyap
28-04-11, 08:53
Just to ask, what if WKS loses at Bishan, does it mean that both DPM and Education minister must be replaced or can they still serve as office bearers? What if George Yeo loses, can he still be foreign affairs minister? What's the protocol?

proud owner
28-04-11, 08:59
Just to ask, what if WKS loses at Bishan, does it mean that both DPM and Education minister must be replaced or can they still serve as office bearers? What if George Yeo loses, can he still be foreign affairs minister? What's the protocol?

good question

i also wonder

WKS i dun care .. think he should leave

George Yeo ..i think he has represent the country well ...in many occasions
so i hope ...win or lose...he can continue to be foreign affairs minister

devilplate
28-04-11, 08:59

i tink PAP will lose them unless there is a by-election:2cents:

ysyap
28-04-11, 09:29
Can they sit in parliament like Sylvia Lim?

ay123
28-04-11, 09:38
opp's housing policy proposals all super power packed

govt reserves vy rich wat....official figures xxx....in reality, obviously more den tat....we just take a small portion....small change la....:D

opp proposal to please voters is to use reserve :doh: . we accumulate our reserve for emergency but he said like his grandfather mother. just a small portion?? his proposal obviously is to use reserve for long term. how to sustain such long term spending. :simmering:

devilplate
28-04-11, 09:39
http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110427-275963.html

devilplate
28-04-11, 09:41
opp proposal to please voters is to use reserve :doh: . we accumulate our reserve for emergency but he said like his grandfather mother. just a small portion?? his proposal obviously is to use reserve for long term. how to sustain such long term spending. :simmering:

many dun understand the importance of govt reserves....:doh:

we r not like USA.....we r SINGAPORE.....a red tiny dot.....:simmering:

eng81157
28-04-11, 09:44

they can still be effective and debate on policies, albeit only in NCMP capacities.

devilplate
28-04-11, 09:49
Bro OKT,
Firstly, I must admit I really dun't like to see my property value drop.

However, I think the current property's policies are flawed. Why?

There are large number of FT working in SG and assuming they have intention to return back to your native country after a few years of working in SG. You would probably buy a HDB flat (not private hor) since housing minister said asset must appreciate! What would happened to the market? They have created alot of freak deals as they may not be well informed on local housing market. Anyway, this would not be a problem for them as afterall, the next idiot buyer would cover his costs plus profit.

Now, let fast forward the time by a few years. Credit to MBT's asset appreciation policies, these FT can sell their HDB at higher prices and returned home with good retirement life thereafter.

While it is nice for them and us (applicable to our generations who properties and not sole property), those who own only one and own none will not get to enjoy the benefits of asset appreciation policies.
Worst, assuming families with two or more Childs would suffered even more as they will have to carry own to hold and sustain the price for what we have enjoyed today.

So, think carefully, vote wisely.

bro, i understand whr u coming from

tats y i suggested to impose an extra premium to be paid by PR if they were to buy HDB resale flats.....can claim back within 5yrs if they convert(once they convert,cannot run back so easily liao....depending where they come from)

and if HDB resale px still climbing up excessively, den we got no others to point fingers at oredi rite? can only blame ourselves for being GREEDY....ask high high COV!!!

i still support the idea of asset enhancement....just tat we nid to improve and adjust current regulation/policies along the way:2cents: :D

ay123
28-04-11, 09:49
i tink PAP will lose them unless there is a by-election:2cents:

PM lee already said no by-election. he lose GRC=lose his job. so tats the risk voter must bear

ay123
28-04-11, 09:52
correct

thats why the escape is a damn serious issue and yet the govt can cover it so nicely and WKS can AOPOLOGISE and moved on as if it didnt happen

can u see they took it so lightly ??

and yet they so strict on 35sec ?

dont you see how unfair they have been ?
is totally different issue. why u keep using mas case to argue? if opp is serious in contesting, why cant he be there early?? is already state very clearly the deadline!!! those ppl just wayang only!!!

peterng8
28-04-11, 09:57

In the first place, u Assume that I am property agent, dont put words into my mouth which i have never ever said that i am a property agent...by the way,unlike your nick Geylang OKT already given an indication, anyway you need and seriously must support the current party all the way if not raid on all your chicken shed are not very far away eveynight....:D :D

peterng8
28-04-11, 09:58

i should have moved to there long long time ago ...regret...:D worst one is west side...

ysyap
28-04-11, 09:58
PM lee already said no by-election. he lose GRC=lose his job. so tats the risk voter must bearIs PM also subjected to this statement, lose GRC = lose his job?

ay123
28-04-11, 10:01
Is PM also subjected to this statement, lose GRC = lose his job?

someone mentioned PM exempted.....but DPM :beats-me-man:

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:02

WOW....never strike my mind wor....how can he LOSE?!?!?!?!:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:

peterng8
28-04-11, 10:08

I also want to join but I dont want to CRY the next time...:D :D

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:08
is totally different issue. why u keep using mas case to argue? if opp is serious in contesting, why cant he be there early?? is already state very clearly the deadline!!! those ppl just wayang only!!!

becos that was a damn serious issue
but was brushed over ... and expected to be foprgotten and forgiven just as quickly

yet 35 secs becomes more critical ?

dont u see the inconsistency in the way they measure what is impt ?

wayang or not is another issue

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:12
becos that was a damn serious issue
but was brushed over ... and expected to be foprgotten and forgiven just as quickly

yet 35 secs becomes more critical ?

dont u see the inconsistency in the way they measure what is impt ?

wayang or not is another issue

very hard for us to exchange notes on certain topics...

bcoz in the first plc, both of us got very different moral values, culture and mindset

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:14
how is it that they can claim the selection process was detailed and thorough ..they even went thru grilling ..etc ..

and yet failed to filtered out Steve TAn...who dropped out last minute due to 'personal issues' ?

the process obviously fis flawed ...so if the ruling party, with so many years of experience, can fail in this area... shouldnt the people be equally 'forgiving' should the Opps fails to produce 'flawless' candidates ?

but we tend to be very critical on Opps ... in this aspect

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:16
very hard for us to exchange notes on certain topics...

bcoz in the first plc, both of us got very different moral values, culture and mindset

i dont think so leh

to me national security is top priority ... compared to 35 secs delay

unless u are telling me that you cannot look pass 35 secs and yet you can 'its ok lah' to letting a terrorist escape ??

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:17
how is it that they can claim the selection process was detailed and thorough ..they even went thru grilling ..etc ..

and yet failed to filtered out Steve TAn...who dropped out last minute due to 'personal issues' ?

the process obviously fis flawed ...so if the ruling party, with so many years of experience, can fail in this area... shouldnt the people be equally 'forgiving' should the Opps fails to produce 'flawless' candidates ?

ok....million dollar salary=perfect system=perfect fairness and equality

wats the root cause ?? million dollar salary!!!!!!

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:18
i dont think so leh

to me national security is top priority ... compared to 35 secs delay

unless u are telling me that you cannot look pass 35 secs and yet you can 'its ok lah' to letting a terrorist escape ??

from the way u replied about obama issue....

certain things, we will nvr agree

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:19
someone mentioned PM exempted.....but DPM :beats-me-man:

really? den like dat surely others will say double standard liao?:scared-4:

peterng8
28-04-11, 10:21

there are talented singpaoreans lost opportunity every year eg replaced by cheaper FTs, I remembered an eestablished local newspaper ( a couple of months back)reporting a MNC employed a Financial controller , a FT from India, holding a master degree and paying him S$3800 monthly....:eek:

if get a few million every year for so many years, retired and enjoy life also very good what...:D health is important than enything else...

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:21
from the way u replied about obama issue....

certain things, we will nvr agree

cannot fault me leh

PAP also like that

tharman was convicted of cheating some money before

but PM spoke for him ..said 'people made mistake, we should give them a chance'

and he is now finance minister

so .. PAP also use crooks to fight crooks mah

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:23
really? den like dat surely others will say double standard liao?:scared-4:

it has always been double standard wat ... no need for me to recount them ...

people can complain all the want .. its just ' noise' ....

ay123
28-04-11, 10:23

if i am PAP i will do the same to eliminate any potential rival. this is war, the fittest survive. is up to the opp to fight to survive

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:26
cannot fault me leh

PAP also like that

tharman was convicted of cheating some money before

but PM spoke for him ..said 'people made mistake, we should give them a chance'

and he is now finance minister

so .. PAP also use crooks to fight crooks mah

u see....humans like to use others' mistake/unjustics to say wat they did is right....

dad tell his son....

dad: son , its not right to smoke
son: u aso smoke wat?!?!?!

hehe:D

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:26
if i am PAP i will do the same to eliminate any potential rival. this is war, the fittest survive. is up to the opp to fight to survive

correct

show us what you can do ...

like in a running race ... whoever reaches there first wins .. not by pushing your opponents down (by unfair treatments) so that you can WALK to the finishing line and still win ...

right ?

or am i too naive ?that politics can be clean ?

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:28
u see....humans like to use others' mistake/unjustics to say wat they did is right....

dad tell his son....

you seem to be agreeable to all that they have done..as right ..

and while others doing it..will be wrong ?

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:30

dad tell his son....

but the dad never force the son to say the pledge: Base on justice and equality
everyday right ?

why make the people recite it but themselves dont practice it ?

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:33
you seem to be agreeable to all that they have done..as right ..

and while others doing it..will be wrong ?

i am toking about you and me.....

dun be like wenqing....any things we tok must always link back to politics...

tats the reason y i nvr like politics....

but every 5 yrs once....so now very excited as being a voter:D

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:34
anyway

i am unable to vote ... not becos i dont want to, or dont need to ...

but becos of this stupid system ...

where those overseas ..need to register before in order to vote oversea .. by 19 April ...
meanwhile ..we only know if we need to vote yesterday ...

silly

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:37
i am toking about you and me.....

dun be like wenqing....any things we tok must always link back to politics...

tats the reason y i nvr like politics....

but every 5 yrs once....so now very excited as being a voter:D

every few years ...theres eclipse ... some happens only once every 30 ish yrs

poeple get very excited about it ....

so is election ... so sad
after so many years i still unable to vote

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:38
correct

like in a running race ... whoever reaches there first wins .. not by pushing your opponents down (by unfair treatments) so that you can WALK to the finishing line and still win ...

right ?

how can u be naive.....u r in US now....

by the way US keep printing $$$$....ugly ugly ugly.....dirty dirty dirty:hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:40
every few years ...theres eclipse ... some happens only once every 30 ish yrs

poeple get very excited about it ....

so is election ... so sad
after so many years i still unable to vote

this is my 2nd time to vote!!!

some of my frens 1st time!!!

all damn excited....ops...sorry if i use the word DAMN!!!:D

novel
28-04-11, 10:47

me lah! Now hoping Chiam win Bishan-Toa Payoh, then the property price drop by 15% I whacked!

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:48
how can u be naive.....u r in US now....

by the way US keep printing $$$$....ugly ugly ugly.....dirty dirty dirty:hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury: :hell-hath-no-fury:

they have finished printing ...
will they start next QE .. i dunno but suspect ..we might have seen the last of it ...

by the way ... saw on news yesterday ... LKY looks so old ...his diction also not clear ... slurring ..

always wonder why he 'cannot put down' ...and step out completely ..to enjoy his fruits ...
go to the carribean or any other resorts ....

his peer .. Dr M , Suharto etc all gone ... LKY still hanging on ...sigh

feel sad for him ...

whatever happens to CJ Yong PH ?
heard he moved to Shanghai...where he has properties ...

dare not stay in spore ? scare kana whacked ? ahahha

sleek
28-04-11, 10:49
Anyway, still not convinced by the argument that GRC serves minority interest, more like party self-interest. The legislation can always provides for minority representation even in SMC.

Again another fear-mongering statement yesterday, that the oppositions will only field minority candidates because of GRCs.

And we have a new record-breaking MP who walk into Parliament without even an introduction to his ward! :D

proud owner
28-04-11, 10:49
me lah! Now hoping Chiam win Bishan-Toa Payoh, then the property price drop by 15% I whacked!

looks like a plan .... :cheers6: :cheers6:

novel
28-04-11, 10:51
for me, give me 100mil..i aso not keen to take part in election....its not always about $$$ my dear fren.....

wat so great of having 100mil but u cannot anyhow spend as u like?

Freedom is priceless;)

you too exaggerated!

to me give me $15K per mth to be an MP I also dun want, cannot buy LV, Gucci, etc must carry plastic bag so everyone will love me :scared-3:

novel
28-04-11, 10:53
looks like a plan .... :cheers6: :cheers6:

sounds good?! :spliff: I am eyeing that area for quite some time now finally can see a crisis! :D

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:55
you too exaggerated!

to me give me $15K per mth to be an MP I also dun want, cannot buy LV, Gucci, etc must carry plastic bag so everyone will love me :scared-3:

i am not exaggerating:)

$$$ cannot buy all

$$$ has the intrinsic value of ZERO until u spend it

see my quote: papermoney

novel
28-04-11, 10:58
good question

i also wonder

I also dun care abt WKS, since I want to buy pty from that GRC.

But honestly George Yeo is good!! Please dun vote him out!! :( He is one of the rare minister who just do his work honestly dun anyhow talk big.

ay123
28-04-11, 10:58
correct

right ?

once u are in politics, u are already a cunning people. how can a honest ppl survive politics. a honest ppl cannot even survive office politics, kana how many arrow, left right centre......:spliff: as a voter we jus enjoy the exiting atmosphere and vote maturely with open eye......

devilplate
28-04-11, 10:59
Anyway, still not convinced by the argument that GRC serves minority interest, more like party self-interest. The legislation can always provides for minority representation even in SMC.

Again another fear-mongering statement yesterday, that the oppositions will only field minority candidates because of GRCs.

And we have a new record-breaking MP who walk into Parliament without even an introduction to his ward! :D

bro relax....:)

poor Baey....goto fight....hehe.....

i cant vote for MBT......but those in tamp GRC....pls tink rationally if u intend to vote for OPP:)

devilplate
28-04-11, 11:00
once u are in politics, u are already a cunning people. how can a honest ppl survive politics. a honest ppl cannot even survive office politics, kana how many arrow, left right centre......:spliff: as a voter we jus enjoy the exiting atmosphere and vote maturely with open eye......

i am a past victim of office politics:ashamed1: :o :( :mad: :doh: :scared-2:

novel
28-04-11, 11:00

this bunch of drama mama! Obviously they dun have the "heart" to contest :tongue3:

http://ge2011theonlinecitizen.wordpress.com/2011/04/27/toc-exclusive-why-sda-team-missed-deadline/

devilplate
28-04-11, 11:03
I also dun care abt WKS, since I want to buy pty from that GRC.

But honestly George Yeo is good!! Please dun vote him out!! :( He is one of the rare minister who just do his work honestly dun anyhow talk big.

agree on the part about george yeo....but tats y he may not be popular bcoz he stay too low profile?

novel
28-04-11, 11:07

Guys, what do you all think about this Chen Show Mao?

His CV seems good and he talk very well.

So why he want to come back? He seems to have some hidden agenda....

ay123
28-04-11, 11:08
i am a past victim of office politics:ashamed1: :o :( :mad: :doh: :scared-2:

but u must thank those office politicians that push u out to become MULTIPLE PROPERTIES owner hor!!!!:cheers1:

devilplate
28-04-11, 11:09
Guys, what do you all think about this Chen Show Mao?

His CV seems good and he talk very well.

So why he want to come back? He seems to have some hidden agenda....

personal issues: i dun like his face and behaviour.....LTK too:p

i goto agree looks is VY impt but can be deceiving as well....hehe

on the contrary, i may vote for Ms Chiam for her motherlyness:ashamed1: :)

land118
28-04-11, 11:16
agree on the part about george yeo....but tats y he may not be popular bcoz he stay too low profile? Agree, and he is a also an ex-General (BG). Maybe not as aggressive as the rest of the former Generals, that's why Opposition target his ward..., but also his GRC may have older HDB flats which are unhappy with the stage of their lives..., maybe little improvement to their lives compared to the Country, that's why last election, WP can get 44% of votes...

proud owner
28-04-11, 11:20

wapiang
hahaha

cantonese saying or is it chinese :

human needs clothes ... trees need bark

if base on looks ... alot of the current ministers will go ...

the 2 decent looking ones are George Yeo n Lily Neo haha

like Li Nansing and Zoe Tay

sleek
28-04-11, 11:21
If GY gets voted out, then he can be up for President election next year! :D

novel
28-04-11, 11:23

same leh! I also dun like LTK face, like some sly biz men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsWKZmR1hJM

land118
28-04-11, 11:25
Got this from another forum who posted..., also on youtube

The Singapore Story: 50 years of Nation Building

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZdxqRIj24&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3HexM_yOuY&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1KgGzBwNiU&feature=player_embedded#at=26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtA3yjSigX4&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlVupJlxaXs&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfwJU06vqr8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKTzGjzI49o&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6wxA9i_nNU&feature=player_embedded#at=15

ay123
28-04-11, 11:27

Nicole Seah.......much much better than TPL. She look more down to earth like typical guai guai daughter-in-law. :D

novel
28-04-11, 11:27
In the first place, u Assume that I am property agent, dont put words into my mouth which i have never ever said that i am a property agent...by the way,unlike your nick Geylang OKT already given an indication, anyway you need and seriously must support the current party all the way if not raid on all your chicken shed are not very far away eveynight....:D :D

I also thot you are a property agent :ashamed1: you were posting alot of condo sales in the forum right? :confused:

novel
28-04-11, 11:32
they have finished printing ...
will they start next QE .. i dunno but suspect ..we might have seen the last of it ...

by the way ... saw on news yesterday ... LKY looks so old ...his diction also not clear ... slurring ..

always wonder why he 'cannot put down' ...and step out completely ..to enjoy his fruits ...
go to the carribean or any other resorts ....

his peer .. Dr M , Suharto etc all gone ... LKY still hanging on ...sigh

feel sad for him ...

whatever happens to CJ Yong PH ?
heard he moved to Shanghai...where he has properties ...

dare not stay in spore ? scare kana whacked ? ahahha

ask CST why he cannot put down too? got stroke walked with a hunch still carry on! Both stubborn with their own beliefs which I salute BOTH of them!

ay123
28-04-11, 11:33
I also thot you are a property agent :ashamed1: you were posting alot of condo sales in the forum right? :confused:

everyone know he is agent but he die die also don admit. his favourite sales line is "mai tu liao come n buy"

novel
28-04-11, 11:35
If GY gets voted out, then he can be up for President election next year! :D

he can be?! Wow then I will vote for him! DUn like Nathan! :tongue3:

ay123
28-04-11, 11:37
same leh! I also dun like LTK face, like some sly biz men.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsWKZmR1hJM

actually look quite important. last time when CaoCao met envoy from other country he ask his man to take his place to meet them and he jus stand by the side becos he knew his look cannot make it (too short). but the envoy actually pointed out that the one (caocao) standing at the side look more like king. he has the "Sha Qi":D

LTK look cunning and bit lao tiko type

land118
28-04-11, 11:37
everyone know he is agent but he die die also don admit. his favourite sales line is "mai tu liao come n buy" unless register and have licence, then can called Agent, so if not maybe is Agent runner? :D

ysyap
28-04-11, 11:38
If GY gets voted out, then he can be up for President election next year! :DHonestly I fear for Aljunied. It's WP's 'A' team. Thought WP's 'A' team should contest in Tampines or AMK... Really promising man.. but then again Aljunied GRC is just beside Hougang SMC so maybe the residents are more familiar with WP than those in AMK... Sigh!!! As much as I hope GY remains, I also don't want WP's 'A' team lose... very difficult contest! V tight! Glad I'm not from Aljunied GRC...

land118
28-04-11, 11:38
he can be?! Wow then I will vote for him! Dun like Nathan! :tongue3: Ya, President job and pay is better, better deal...

devilplate
28-04-11, 11:45
Honestly I fear for Aljunied. It's WP's 'A' team. Thought WP's 'A' team should contest in Tampines or AMK... Really promising man.. but then again Aljunied GRC is just beside Hougang SMC so maybe the residents are more familiar with WP than those in AMK... Sigh!!! As much as I hope GY remains, I also don't want WP's 'A' team lose... very difficult contest! V tight! Glad I'm not from Aljunied GRC...

i am in a non-exciting ....one sided GRC wor

and i got more urge to listen to other GRCs teams wor:ashamed1:

Antz621
28-04-11, 11:48
good question

i also wonder

My friend who travels a lot dealing with diplomats gave credit to George for having done the nation a great service so far. It's sad that he is facing the best armada from the opposition since independence but too bad his mgmt chose to draw the boundaries in such manner that now Aljunied voters can rightly vote and elevate WP as they nearly helped to do so in 2006. If it had been WKS or MBT's ward; it would be a more terrific show to watch than any blockbusters movie. Too bad the onus has to fall upon George to face it. Like my encik used to tell us in NS while asking for "volunteers":

"SOMEBODY HAS TO DIE".

My encik surname was Yam so we termed it Ah Yam's first law. :D

devilplate
28-04-11, 11:55
seriously, any supporters of MBT here? LOL:ashamed1: :o

peterng8
28-04-11, 11:57

which one ?? can show me the thread how come I myself dont know...

land118
28-04-11, 11:58
My friend who travels a lot dealing with diplomats gave credit to George for having done the nation a great service so far. It's sad that he is facing the best armada from the opposition since independence but too bad his mgmt chose to draw the boundaries in such manner that now Aljunied voters can rightly vote and elevate WP as they nearly helped to do so in 2006. If it had been WKS or MBT's ward; it would be a more terrific show to watch than any blockbusters movie. Too bad the onus has to fall upon George to face it. Like my encik used to tell us in NS while asking for "volunteers":

"SOMEBODY HAS TO DIE".

My encik surname was Yam so we termed it Ah Yam's first law. :D

Ya, GY fits his Foreign Minister portfolio, calm mind, his face quite ok and friendly type (not the "kiam pa" - people see want to hate and people type). Wonder if PM Lee loose him, who will he choose to replace as Foreign Minister?

peterng8
28-04-11, 12:01
everyone know he is agent but he die die also don admit. his favourite sales line is "mai tu liao come n buy"

come n buy does not mean buy from me la...use your brain and dont junmp to conclusion...:D

u all go and buy push the price up..than i let go mine...striaght foward...

devilplate
28-04-11, 12:03
PAP van just pass by!

atmosphere started:D

land118
28-04-11, 12:04
PAP van just pass by!

atmosphere started:D Got the louder speaker mounted on top or not? Like selling "ko yok" in the old days..haha