PDA

View Full Version : Foresque Residences

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

flagship74
08-04-11, 17:07
ear nature reserve and forever greenery environment !Easy access to BKE , PIE and Causeway ! Reputable Developer (WingTai Asia)No baywindow ,planters and homeshelters thus having more space!Near reputable schools (Bukit Panjang Primary School)!Future MRT (Hillview)! More Studio units as compared to preexisting projects within the vicinity ! Near Bukit Panjang Plaza ! NS Facing (Air ventilation)! Near Private estate (Greenhill estate ) ! Near Jurong lake district with future potential growth! Elevated site as project is built on higher ground ! Basement carpark ! Preliminary information Number of storeys : 24Number of units : 496Full condo facilities Sizes:Cabana Units = 1500-2100sf1BR = < 500sf2BR = 753sf3BR = 1203sf3+1BR = 1200-1300sf4BR = 1446sf Penthouses 2,3,3+1 & 4 =1100-2600sf1&2BR consists of electric cookers & integrated fridge3BR & 4BR consists of gas cookers/microoven/standalone fridge, maid%27s room consists of WC and smallbalcony in master bedrooms , Bravat Sanitary & Hansgrohe4BR only has bathtubsBus services :700 (Orchard)966 (Marine Parade)
QuikPro No:IPL841258Property Type:CondominiumTenure:99 YearsLand Area:0Asking Price psf:SGD 1,100.00Maintenance Fee:0Posted Date:31/03/2011

flagship74
08-04-11, 17:10
Description:
Near nature reserve and forever greenery environment !
Easy access to BKE , PIE and Causeway !
Reputable Developer (WingTai Asia)
No baywindow ,planters and homeshelters thus having more space!
Near reputable schools (Bukit Panjang Primary School)!
Future MRT (Hillview)!
More Studio units as compared to preexisting projects within the vicinity !
Near Bukit Panjang Plaza !
NS Facing (Air ventilation)!
Near Private estate (Greenhill estate ) !
Near Jurong lake district with future potential growth!
Elevated site as project is built on higher ground !
Basement carpark !

Preliminary information

Number of storeys : 24
Number of units : 496
Full condo facilities

Sizes:
Cabana Units = 1500-2100sf
1BR = < 500sf
2BR = 753sf
3BR = 1203sf
3+1BR = 1200-1300sf
4BR = 1446sf
Penthouses 2,3,3+1 & 4 =1100-2600sf

1&2BR consists of electric cookers & integrated fridge
3BR & 4BR consists of gas cookers/microoven/standalone fridge, maid%27s room consists of WC and small
balcony in master bedrooms , Bravat Sanitary & Hansgrohe
4BR only has bathtubs
:scared-4:

tboonk
09-04-11, 00:07
Psf? How much did wing tai buy the land?

flagship74
09-04-11, 12:29
WING Tai Holdings has beaten eight other bidders with its top offer of $177.4 million or $345 per square foot per plot ratio (psf ppr) for a 99-year-leasehold residential site on Petir Road.

The bid was slightly below the $350-$400 psf ppr analysts said the site could fetch - based on an eventual average selling price of $800 psf - when it was launched at the end of August.

But the large number of bids surprised some, as recent state land tenders have drawn a more muted response from developers. Analysts attributed the change this time to the Petir Road site's location.

'Most of the sites offered so far this year under the Government Land Sales programme are in the North-east and East regions,' said Ong Teck Hui, Credo Real Estate's executive director of research and consultancy. 'So developers probably see a lot of potential in this area. I think it goes to show that many developers are more selective after the Aug 30 measures but they are not staying away if they see an opportunity.'

CBRE Research director Leonard Tay said: 'The quantum of the bids indicates developers are optimistic about the location of this site, given the sell-out of the adjacent 429-unit Tree House condominium in the second quarter of 2010.'

Credo's Mr Ong said the closeness of the bid prices suggests no one is 'chasing' sites.

Analysts reckon new residential project on the site can sell for around $750-$800 psf - or more if Wing Tai chooses to pitch it as a mid-tier product.

The 99-year-leasehold Tree House was launched at $830 psf on average in April 2010. And units at Mi Casa, a 99-year-leasehold condo at Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3, went for $700-$850 psf between July and September.

Wing Tai's bid was just 2 per cent above the second-highest offer of $173.8 million or $338 psf ppr from Sim Lian Land.

Other bidders included City Developments and Allgreen Properties, and there was joint offer from Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint.

The site is about 2.3ha with a maximum permissible gross floor area of about 514,000 sq ft. Around 430 units can be built on it.

kingkong1984
09-04-11, 17:50
For es que.. 4 ass kill?

fisho
10-04-11, 09:52
How come now got "Forest Kill" condo. situated so near to Tree House. Anti-climax.:scared-4:

mcmlxxvi
10-04-11, 10:15
Pronounced "Forex" for currency trading pundits... Or money changers to house their offsprings.

fisho
10-04-11, 10:32
Thanks for the clarification. Need to join my son in his weekly phonics lesson liao. lol.:doh:

fisho
10-04-11, 14:09
I just received a brochure from a Propnex agent outside my child's phonic's class. Went to Bt Panjang Plaza and saw another agent promoting this development there.

He told me that the price ranges about $1000 - $1100 psf and asked me to go to VVIP preview. Got 10 percent discount wor..and waiver of stamp duty leh. So good ar.

Asked him whether this development next to Tree House. He said ya..ya.. Then asked him Tree House around $830psf and this one so ex. He said land prices has increased a lot since. :scared-5:

allenl
10-04-11, 16:29
next to treehouse also can call near Jurong lake district???? then might as well say near airport, near orchard, near MBS and near Sentosa???? haha

devilplate
10-04-11, 17:01
I just received a brochure from a Propnex agent outside my child's phonic's class. Went to Bt Panjang Plaza and saw another agent promoting this development there.

He told me that the price ranges about $1000 - $1100 psf and asked me to go to VVIP preview. Got 10 percent discount wor..and waiver of stamp duty leh. So good ar.

Asked him whether this development next to Tree House. He said ya..ya.. Then asked him Tree House around $830psf and this one so ex. He said land prices has increased a lot since. :scared-5:

1kpsf b4 10% discount+ stamp fees waiver?

fisho
10-04-11, 20:17
Before. He like also quite unsure about the price. Seems like a nice chap though. These people very smart in promoting this development at Bt Panjang Plaza right in front of some booths telling the people about new and upcoming developments in Bt Panjang.

devilplate
10-04-11, 20:25
Before. He like also quite unsure about the price. Seems like a nice chap though. These people very smart in promoting this development at Bt Panjang Plaza right in front of some booths telling the people about new and upcoming developments in Bt Panjang.
If b4 den px ok mah.... Ard 900 psf.... I tot 1-1.1kpsf after discount:scared-1:

Wild Falcon
10-04-11, 20:32
Simi "Foresque?" LOL! The names are getting very interesting...

Not within walking distance to Hillview MRT station right? I think there's going to be a new Chestnut Park nearby, so got one more additional selling point... I think no MRT, so shouldn't hit 1000psf bah.

fooblackie
11-04-11, 09:59
Simi "Foresque?" LOL! The names are getting very interesting...

Not within walking distance to Hillview MRT station right? I think there's going to be a new Chestnut Park nearby, so got one more additional selling point... I think no MRT, so shouldn't hit 1000psf bah.

haha.. H2O in Seng kang almost clearing the 1K psf loh and it is really far from MRT haha.. so maybe we can see another surprise here...

devilplate
11-04-11, 10:10
haha.. H2O in Seng kang almost clearing the 1K psf loh and it is really far from MRT haha.. so maybe we can see another surprise here...

h20 better den this forestkill.....at least got doorstep LRT ...hehe

Wild Falcon
11-04-11, 10:11
I will be very surprised if can clear 1000psf... After all, Bedok Reservoir near future MRT cant hit 1000psf. Unless the selling point is nature, serene environment and exclusively private but still 1000psf here is a bit of a stretch. There're better upcoming plots in the vicinity, e.g. future Hillview site.

Wild Falcon
11-04-11, 10:14
Foresque = Forest + Unique and pronounced as "foresk". :doh:

fooblackie
11-04-11, 10:21

LRT really CMI. it's another 10-15 min to SK MRT... to me it is no selling pt.

the closest MRT to this new dev is Hillview MRT... sounds so much better lol

flagship74
11-04-11, 17:28
This forestkill is gonna sold out bery fast..:spliff:

mastrix
14-04-11, 00:07

Agreed. :)

Some still sleeping...too much focus on Jurong Development. Overlook important things coming up in Chestnut. haha too bad. :sleep:

Don't ask me what....do your research. :p

Wild Falcon
14-04-11, 10:50
Why? Pray tell? Everyone suddenly wanna go back to nature ar?
I think units can move at $900psf. After all, Wing Tai got the land cheap.

mcmlxxvi
14-04-11, 16:58
Foresque = Forest + Unique and pronounced as "foresk". :doh:

No, its derived from Picturesque. The "picture" in this case is the forest. So Foresque. Next time can Reservoiresque. Greeneresque. Parkesque. Cityesque. Hillesque. Burlesque. Get it?

Pop culture...

flagship74
14-04-11, 18:08
Agreed. :)

Some still sleeping...too much focus on Jurong Development. Overlook important things coming up in Chestnut. haha too bad. :sleep:

Don't ask me what....do your research. :p
Infrastructural upgrades include two flyovers – at the junction of Woodlands Road and Bukit Panjang Road, and that of Upper Bukit Timah Road and Dairy Farm Road – and eight MRT stations, seven of which are part of the Downtown Line 2, expected to open by 2015.
The town, which is already home to large swathes of nature reserves and reservoirs in the central part of the island, will also see three new parks.
The largest of these is Chestnut Nature Park, a National Parks Board project. It will be built near the junction of Bukit Timah Expressway and Dairy Farm Road.
Bukit Panjang residents can also look forward to a market and food centre at Block 259 along Bukit Panjang Ring Road. The Housing Board is finalizing plans for the market and will announce them in due course.
There will also be new kindergarten and playground facilities in Bukit Timah and a new leisure area to be developed under the Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters (ABC) programme at Sungei Ulu Pandan.

kingkong1984
14-04-11, 21:57
No, its derived from Picturesque. The "picture" in this case is the forest. So Foresque. Next time can Reservoiresque. Greeneresque. Parkesque. Cityesque. Hillesque. Burlesque. Get it?

Pop culture...
Barber que...

flagship74
14-04-11, 22:46
Psf? How much did wing tai buy the land?
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9003/backpage11.jpg

flagship74
14-04-11, 22:48
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9003/backpage11.jpg (http://img854.imageshack.us/i/backpage11.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

devilplate
14-04-11, 23:20
looks quite nice....no ground flr units?

kane
14-04-11, 23:57
looks quite nice....no ground flr units?

Start from upper floors can sell you at higher price than ground floor ma.

danntbt
17-04-11, 06:53
....ground floor cabana units comes with high ceilings....

danntbt
17-04-11, 17:56
...I just wonder....how many of the critical doom-sayers actually stop to think whether its to their advantage for the property market to come crashing down...

...for the market to come down, it usually coincides with poor economic outlook....during which they might still find the prices unaffordable as they do not have a job or have to experience pay-cuts.....

If you look at all those who complained, majority have unrealistic expectations, trying to jump the gun rather than move on a progressive manner....basically they should go for HDB in the outlying areas. Look at those who bought Jurong on the cheap..the ulu place of no more than 5 years back..or even 3 years back....or Sengkang....

Wild Falcon
17-04-11, 21:54
U mean first time HDB applicants? What u said is true. Some of them are fussy and want best location and highest floor and rejected the selection 7-8 times because location not ideal or less than 10th floor. Had they selected a place at less ideal location like Jurong or Seng Kang on a low floor, they would have benefited from the capital appreciation as well.

...I just wonder....how many of the critical doom-sayers actually stop to think whether its to their advantage for the property market to come crashing down...

...for the market to come down, it usually coincides with poor economic outlook....during which they might still find the prices unaffordable as they do not have a job or have to experience pay-cuts.....

If you look at all those who complained, majority have unrealistic expectations, trying to jump the gun rather than move on a progressive manner....basically they should go for HDB in the outlying areas. Look at those who bought Jurong on the cheap..the ulu place of no more than 5 years back..or even 3 years back....or Sengkang....

danntbt
17-04-11, 23:23
....yup, every citizen gets a bite or two.....where you get is a matter of luck, more popular areas...obviously lesser chance, so don't complain when luck of the draw is not on your side......then but still can wait and inherit mama and papa's property if property market remains healthy.....Why worry about future generation....papa and mama could also excercise personal reverse morgage with children if they have long life.....All these assuming property appreciates......do not curse when you treat HDB as surestrike lottery...when you covet only the top draw.

kingkong1984
18-04-11, 04:07
Sizes and floor plans here

http://www.foresque-residences.sg/?p=489

Looks like a mixture of MCP and Basement Carpark.

dtrax
18-04-11, 04:34
I like the marketing gimmick 10%+3% stamp duty absorption if you buy without viewing, pattern slowly coming out liao

Not cheap 9xx-1k+ psf

kingkong1984
18-04-11, 04:40
9XX psf - 1xxx psf.. I like the marketing gimmick 10%+3% stamp duty absorption if you buy without viewing, pattern slowly coming out liao

Yes, must wait for the launch prices to see the current updated prices for D23. The tennery should be highest there? $13xx psf..

9xx should be after discount right?

8 courtyards also like that. 15% discount off list price. Then around 8xx psf.

dtrax
18-04-11, 04:42
This location is kinda cmi also.. all places practically need to drive

kingkong1984
18-04-11, 04:45

hahaha, we all know. :cool:

anyway if CMI locations are selling at much higher prices than better located, dveloper unsold units, developer huat liao. Off loading time.

But this forestkill is out to kill the forest lovers.

With names like that, I think Developers really give big hints.

Forestque = Forestkill
8 courtyard = Egg Goh Yak.

dtrax
18-04-11, 04:48
Tree House av 830 psf in Apr 2010, Mi Casa @ CCK 700-850 psf in July/Sep 2010.

If Forestkill after discount around mid 800 or 900, still rather reasonable if you compare with Tree House 1yr back, afterall I dun think they want to price to kill

kingkong1984
18-04-11, 04:51

hahah, yes.

With names like that, developer really giving big hints

Forestque = Forestkill
8 courtyards = Egg Goh Yak
H20 = Have to Owe!
Waterfront ISLE = Wo De Fang i See (my room wanna die)...
Mi Casa = Mee Laksa

Strange names.

kingkong1984
18-04-11, 05:04
Tree House av 830 psf in Apr 2010, Mi Casa @ CCK 700-850 psf in July/Sep 2010.

If Forestkill after discount around mid 800 or 900, still rather reasonable if you compare with Tree House 1yr back, afterall I dun think they want to price to kill

U check out Centris asking price now > $1k psf
Caspain.
Lakeholmz
Parc Vista
Parc Oasis etc... all very close to $1k also. - asking only.
and it is still going going up.

No subsale for Treehouse yet right? but it will come soon.

Mee Laksa prices very weird, suddenly high suddenly low.

Look at the Jade better.. around 900 psf and very stable.

The Tennery, King for 10 years? hmm.. $13xx psf can beat AMK.

danntbt
18-04-11, 05:23
Caspain.
Lakeholmz
Parc Vista

with 16% SSD based on Foreque projected price, the break even for Treehouse has not been reached yet.....

danntbt
18-04-11, 05:24
Caspain.
Lakeholmz
Parc Vista

....with 16% SSD, based on Foreque projected price, the break even for Treehouse has not been reached yet.....

Wild Falcon
18-04-11, 10:10
Those that bot Treehouse are not subject to 16% SSD during that time.

In any case, if u apply 16% SSD, then most projects have not broken even in a year lah. Did u see the URA index increase more than 16% or not? If u buy today, u must be prepared to hold on for 4 years and not thinking about flipping within a year.

with 16% SSD based on Foreque projected price, the break even for Treehouse has not been reached yet.....

danntbt
18-04-11, 11:50
Those that bot Treehouse are not subject to 16% SSD during that time.

In any case, if u apply 16% SSD, then most projects have not broken even in a year lah. Did u see the URA index increase more than 16% or not? If u buy today, u must be prepared to hold on for 4 years and not thinking about flipping within a year.
...you mean those bot b4 the policy kicked in cvan sell without having to pay the 16%?

extremme
18-04-11, 13:21
...you mean those bot b4 the policy kicked in cvan sell without having to pay the 16%?

Yes I have called the dept that handles SSD... i signed my OTP before the measure kicked in but my completion date was after the measure kicked in... they have confirmed that the 16% is based on OTP date and not completion date

lifeline
18-04-11, 15:18
Yes I have called the dept that handles SSD... i signed my OTP before the measure kicked in but my completion date was after the measure kicked in... they have confirmed that the 16% is based on OTP date and not completion date

i am sorry to tell you that your interpretation is wrong. perhaps the dept that handled ssd did not get your question correctly. the ssd is based on the exercise date of your option to purchase.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/text/2011/pr11-07.html

4 The date of purchase for computation of the holding period for SSD shall be the date when a buyer (i.e. Buyer A) exercises the option to purchase the property, or signs the sale and purchase agreement, whichever is earlier. The date of sale of the property shall be the date when the subsequent buyer (i.e. Buyer B) exercises the option to purchase the property from Buyer A, or signs the sale and purchase agreement, whichever is earlier.

extremme
18-04-11, 22:20
Oops perhaps I never phrase my reply properly as i exercised my otp before e measure though I signed e s & p after e measure I'm not subject to e ssd as e otp was exercised before measure

mastrix
18-04-11, 22:40
Anyway, most of the tree house buyers (around 99%) are not subjected to that ssd 16% lah. And even with the 1 year ssd period over in around May - Jun this year, only few will let go their units. It will have more value nearer to TOP, plus "nearby" downtown line completion around that time too. Most importantly....which make CDL and WT bought the land....is...hahaha...cannot say here. :D

flagship74
18-04-11, 23:20
Anyway, most of the tree house buyers (around 99%) are not subjected to that ssd 16% lah. And even with the 1 year ssd period over in around May - Jun this year, only few will let go their units. It will have more value nearer to TOP, plus "nearby" downtown line completion around that time too. Most importantly....which make CDL and WT bought the land....is...hahaha...cannot say here. :D

It seems like you knew a lot of events line up in the pipeline which we do not aware..ha:beats-me-man:

danntbt
18-04-11, 23:26
....so its a matter of time for these buyer to cash in when demand for Foresque is more c

danntbt
19-04-11, 00:04
........................................................................................clear.

lifeline
19-04-11, 01:28
Oops perhaps I never phrase my reply properly as i exercised my otp before e measure though I signed e s & p after e measure I'm not subject to e ssd as e otp was exercised before measure

Wah... Good for you. Was caught right inbet... Signed otp, waited 2 wks, measure announced, deliberated and proceeded to exercise few days later. If only exercised immed when at lawyer's... Anyway that's history.

kingkong1984
19-04-11, 06:03
Anyway if you are caught, you have to wait till after 4 years.

Can do this to get out.

First Year 16%, ask at least 20% from launch price.
Second Year 12%, ask at least 20% from launch price
Third Year, 8%, ask at least 20% from launch price.
Fourth Year, 4%, ask at least 20% from launch price.
Fifth Year, Price up by 20% from launch priceif policy still prevailing.

So more deals coming on board later. Soft landing. Price has peaked???

lifeline
19-04-11, 08:20
thanks for advice, kingkong! this is not new launch. bought with a 10-year horizon. still, not nice feeling to have that ssd stuck on it.

jezz
21-04-11, 22:13
very nice dev...looks like it is one of the tallest in that area, comes with 24 storey...

so tempting...if it's at $800psf for 2 bedders will consider, somemore stamp duty waiver? true or not

with a upper bt timah address, and wingtai dev shouldn't be that bad leh

kingkong1984
21-04-11, 23:10
How much r they selling? Saw listings for 2 bedder at 1000 Psf....:doh:

devilplate
21-04-11, 23:15
receive sms....1bedder ~1200psf, from 54xk:scared-1:
the gd thing abt this project is the space....24th storey free up alot of land for landscaping....looks like about 30% of land utilise for buildings nia
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3803973/for-sale-foresque-residences

looks like cheapest OCR 1bedder left now is hedges park liao....mtu!:p

devilplate
21-04-11, 23:22
How much r they selling? Saw listings for 2 bedder at 1000 Psf....:doh:

its from 1kpsf lor...so high flr prolly 1.2kpsf....record psf for tat area!

it will help to push treehse abit liao....

if selling well, wingtai happy liao lor...bot the land ard 350psf ....i remember wingtai CEO criticise mass market bubbly......double headed snake:p

flagship74
21-04-11, 23:22
the gd thing abt this project is the space....24th storey free up alot of land for landscaping....looks like about 30% of land utilise for buildings nia

Madness price..:scared-5:

kingkong1984
21-04-11, 23:32
its from 1kpsf lor...so high flr prolly 1.2kpsf....record psf for tat area!

it will help to push treehse abit liao....

if selling well, wingtai happy liao lor...bot the land ard 350psf ....i remember wingtai CEO criticise mass market bubbly......double headed snake:p

This kind of pricing very aggressive. High floor might have some views. It's due to LRT? No exactly near too.

EC at chua chu kang land 320 Psf right? Assuming all else equal, it's going to launch there at 1xxx Psf also? Hmm....

kingkong1984
22-04-11, 06:16

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3803521/foresque-residences

Got price range there. Tree houses saved by this. If 8 courtyards planted beside, smelly egg will kill the trees. Hahaha, drop shit elsewhere.

flagship74
22-04-11, 09:50
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3803521/foresque-residences

Got price range there. Tree houses saved by this. If 8 courtyards planted beside, smelly egg will kill the trees. Hahaha, drop shit elsewhere.

Tree houses not only saved by this and also the tree house owner have bought a their units at a very "reasonable" price afterall.. Bravo to treehouse owner.:D

devilplate
22-04-11, 11:07
Tree houses not only saved by this and also the tree house owner have bought a their units at a very "reasonable" price afterall.. Bravo to treehouse owner.:D

abit too early to comment yet....

bravo to treehse owner only if forestkill receive gd response

mastrix
22-04-11, 21:31
Foresque will sell well. Better buy now...cos opposite them will have another launch. TH will benefit from them. :sleep:

flagship74
22-04-11, 23:55
Foresque will sell well. Better buy now...cos opposite them will have another launch. TH will benefit from them. :sleep:

But how does it benefit TH and not foresque? any chance to share with us your view.:)

mastrix
23-04-11, 13:17
But how does it benefit TH and not foresque? any chance to share with us your view.:)
Got foresque, TH benefit. Got opposite launch, foresque and TH benefit. :sleep:
Anyway, all these condo, there will be condo bus to fetch residents to the downtown mrt lah. So, no worries about the "mrt not near" problem. ;)

devilplate
23-04-11, 13:32
Got foresque, TH benefit. Got opposite launch, foresque and TH benefit. :sleep:
Anyway, all these condo, there will be condo bus to fetch residents to the downtown mrt lah. So, no worries about the "mrt not near" problem. ;)

when forestkill launching? next wkend? i m really curious to know whether they can make a kill anot:D

last yr, i oredi vy stunned by TH performance:cool:

kingkong1984
23-04-11, 14:07
indicative price range very high leh...

3 House beside Forest Killing grounds got chance. Forest Kill got chance or not?

dtrax
24-04-11, 00:27
any updates on sales for first day of vvip?
- http://www.foresque-residences.sg/?p=628

kingkong1984
24-04-11, 04:58
any updates on sales for first day of vvip?
- http://www.foresque-residences.sg/?p=628

Have to wait. Launch may be delayed till after 7 May....

dtrax
24-04-11, 05:29
I c.. I tot they want to go in for the kill already

kingkong1984
24-04-11, 11:39
Haha, beat the bushes first, then dance around the tree.. Pawh! BOLLYWOODY

Brother of ForestHills is Forestkills, cousin is Foresttrees and Forestgum! Foreplay is missing in action.

flagship74
02-05-11, 00:23
I received a txt msg from the property agent that the 2 bedders px starts from 770k, can anyone confirm that?

dtrax
02-05-11, 00:55
http://www.foresque-residences.sg/?p=678

danntbt
02-05-11, 16:30
I received a txt msg from the property agent that the 2 bedders px starts from 770k, can anyone confirm that?
Possibly...the sizes range from 700sqf....

...was in the vicinity this morning, there were many agents camping along the road with tents in the light drizzle handing out flyers and registering interest...

azeoprop
02-05-11, 16:36
But it is not within walking distance to the mrt...still so expensive. I thought treehouse was already quite expensive. :scared-1:

kingkong1984
02-05-11, 16:44
It has to be or else treehouse can never subsale at a profit.

danntbt
04-05-11, 20:41
,,,strange the page indicating that the preview launch achieving 60% take up rate is no longer available.......

flagship74
04-05-11, 21:09
,,,strange the page indicating that the preview launch achieving 60% tak:D e up rate is no longer available.......

Maybe it was fully SOLD!

kingkong1984
04-05-11, 21:11
Never trust the media.... Haha

solsys
04-05-11, 23:51
It's a breach of marketing from developer's point of view. I think some agent post on their website and then it was reported to media. Subsequently retracted.

danntbt
05-05-11, 05:12
I thought it was from the official foresque website, maybe there was a complaint against that I guess, but the sales if true, was impressive as the transaction was done without viewing of the showflat, just floorplan...they have now prelaunched 3 blocks....at a starting price of 947psf.

DayDreamer
09-05-11, 14:19
Hello,

I am a newbie to property investment and I will like to get some opinions.

I am looking to buy my first investment property but always worry that I end up buying the wrong project and thus have been staying on the sidelines all this while.

I missed TH last year as most of the units are taken up. If I do remember correctly, it was selling at about 890-900 range.

Foresque is about 1100 range after discount. Is it worth to buy?

Prices are getting crazy. :doh:

I am expecting interest rate to rise as most countries are doing so. Will this bring the price down in sub sale market and new projects eventually?

devilplate
09-05-11, 15:55
Hello,

I am looking to buy my first investment property but always worry that I end up buying the wrong project and thus have been staying on the sidelines all this while.

I missed TH last year as most of the units are taken up. If I do remember correctly, it was selling at about 890-900 range.

I am expecting interest rate to rise as most countries are doing so. Will this bring the price down in sub sale market and new projects eventually?

if u buy into this foresque, be prepared to be KILLED by the forest:p

ur daydream will turn into NITEMARE:p

akow
09-05-11, 19:24
if u buy into this foresque, be prepared to be KILLED by the forest:p

ur daydream will turn into NITEMARE:p

The land cost is abt $341 psf, which means breakeven is below $700psf.
Imagine the profit if sold at $1000psf.
With current market condition after election, it's naive to assume price will remain firm or rise...

kingkong1984
09-05-11, 21:34
This one is shared with cck EC plot, both price similar for land, this sells not so well so priced higher. That one sells better so have more smaller units.

danntbt
10-05-11, 22:38
The land cost is abt $341 psf, which means breakeven is below $700psf.
Imagine the profit if sold at $1000psf.
With current market condition after election, it's naive to assume price will remain firm or rise...
...you have a very naive view, so what are you analysis based on?

Wild Falcon
11-05-11, 17:23
But why u only considering TH and Foresque? Because u wanna be near your parents? If u dun wan kena cut carrothead, can consider the resale properties in the region. But the resale in the region all big units though, so if u're looking for studio, then bo bian gotta go TH or Foresque liao. Other nearby will be Bt Panjang area or Hillview or Chestnut - at least got future MRT, so downside risk slightly less...

Hello,

DayDreamer
12-05-11, 16:24
@ Wild Falcon

I lived in hillview, so quite familiar with the area. But, I am open to choices, just want to try out property/rental investment. :)

Only Hillview Heights and Glendale Park close to MRT. Hume Park as well.

Foresque is indeed quite far from MRT. I expect to have buses service in the future.

tboonk
12-05-11, 20:19
@ Wild Falcon

I lived in hillview, so quite familiar with the area. But, I am open to choices, just want to try out property/rental investment. :)

Only Hillview Heights and Glendale Park close to MRT. Hume Park as well.

Foresque is indeed quite far from MRT. I expect to have buses service in the future.
Is Hume park near to future mrt? Are u sure?

bargain hunter
13-05-11, 02:57
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B3028D01701EF4204825788E0024F194/$file/NewsRelease.pdf?openelement

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B3028D01701EF4204825788E0024F194/$file/FactSheet.pdf?openelement

dtrax
13-05-11, 04:06
Free ipaddddddddd 2 with every condo purchase from now till 15th May

azeoprop
13-05-11, 10:19
1100psf!! :scared-3: Super ulu location..... tree house seems like a good buy now...

Actually the 2 bedroom units in tree house has one of the best layout. :banghead:

stalingrad
13-05-11, 10:20
http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B3028D01701EF4204825788E0024F194/$file/NewsRelease.pdf?openelement

http://info.sgx.com/webcoranncatth.nsf/VwAttachments/Att_B3028D01701EF4204825788E0024F194/$file/FactSheet.pdf?openelement
It's a pack of lies. Canadian international school would have long moved away by the time the project is completed. CIS will move this year in October. I should know. My sons are in there.

Also, traffic in this neck of wood is horrible. the estimates of 10 or 15 minutes for travelling to this or that place is for when the world has come to an end and the dinosaurs have come back to rule.

stalingrad
13-05-11, 10:21
1100psf!! :scared-3: Super ulu location..... tree house seems like a good buy now...

Actually the 2 bedroom units in tree house has one of the best layout. :banghead:

yes, supper ulu. it is also super close to a major highway.

mantrix
13-05-11, 10:25
yes, supper ulu. it is also super close to a major highway.

this condo is For Rescue only

devilplate
13-05-11, 10:29

Actually i still tink treehse is expensive now at their launch px:p

I was stunned last yr by th performance:o

1st ocr without mrt to hit 1kpsf...not even close to a lrt:doh: :p

devilplate
13-05-11, 11:52
Hows the sales response?

sfwoo
13-05-11, 12:05
Hows the sales response?

If everyone thinks that it is over-priced, will be bad.
I am voting with my feet. SO, you will have one less person to jostle with in the showroom.
But then, I dun mind older(and cheaper) buys.

danntbt
13-05-11, 15:37
Hows the sales response?
The reponse for the pre-pre-view was quite strong based on information that was leaked, think they are not supposed to indicate the sales figure publicly at this point apparently.

However those who dismissed this area might be a bit myoptic, just as the chorus of doubters who dismissed properties in Jurong aka JLD......

flagship74
13-05-11, 17:16
The reponse for the pre-pre-view was quite strong based on information that was leaked, think they are not supposed to indicate the sales figure publicly at this point apparently.

However those who dismissed this area might be a bit myoptic, just as the chorus of doubters who dismissed properties in Jurong aka JLD......

I can't agree more. Take TH for example; i can feel that most of the pple in this forum have dismissed that area and it was not justifier to pay the px for that type of ulu place. Guess what, that project had been fully sold in less than a year!:rolleyes:

devilplate
13-05-11, 18:05

Psf too high oredi....how to buy

Gd response is goodie good:D :cheers6:

devilplate
13-05-11, 18:09
I can't agree more. Take TH for example; i can feel that most of the pple in this forum have dismissed that area and it was not justifier to pay the px for that type of ulu place. Guess what, that project had been fully sold in less than a year!:rolleyes:
But i tink no subsale done yet.....lose out on the time factor....

This forest manage to rescue treehse this time....but who gona rescue the rescuer?

mr funny
13-05-11, 19:41
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/companies/story/0,4574,438797,00.html?

Published May 13, 2011

Wing Tai launches new condo tomorrow

By UMA SHANKARI

WING Tai Holdings will launch its latest residential project, Foresque Residences at Upper Bukit Timah, tomorrow.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-05-13/BT_IMAGES_UMWING13NEW.jpg
Natural luxury: Foresque Residences features five towers that are designed for maximum sense of space and openness

The 496 units in the 99-year-leasehold development on Petir Road are priced from $850 per square foot (psf) to $1,300 psf. The smallest units, 463-sq-ft one-bedders, start from $550,000, while 'cabana garden' units start from $1.75 million.

Wing Tai won the site in a state land tender in October last year with its top bid of $345 psf per plot ratio (ppr).

Foresque Residences is designed by award-winning architects Arc Studio, with whom Wing Tai collaborated for L'VIV, its high-end project on Newton Road. As at end-March 2011, 103 apartments in the 147-unit L'VIV had been sold, with the sole unit sold in March going for $2,200 psf.

Foresque Residences' design exploits to the fullest advantage the natural greenery and tranquillity of the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, and offers views of the Upper Seletar and Upper Pierce Reservoirs, Wing Tai said.

The 24-storey development features five towers that are designed for maximum sense of space and openness. The design features aim to capture the unsurpassed expanse of natural luxury that the Cashew estate affords, said Edmund Cheng, deputy chairman of Wing Tai.

Len Siew Lian, Wing Tai's general manager for property, said she is confident that Foresque Residences will be well-received by the market. The pricing is 'commensurate' with the quality and value of the development, she added.

Elsewhere, Hoi Hup Realty will soon start to market The Forester @ Mount Faber, its 141-unit freehold development on Wishart Road. It is located on the site of the former Pender Court, which Hoi Hup bought in a collective sale in June 2010 for $915 psf ppr.

Units in The Forester @ Mount Faber are priced at around $1,800 psf on average, BT understands.

amk
13-05-11, 20:14
Maybe go look see look see this week end.... have a feel of the market :)

Btw the land cost was $345, now sell at $11##, so is land + 700 the formula now ? Bishan lot at 800, so it will be 1500 :scared-4: ?

mr funny
13-05-11, 20:21
http://www.straitstimes.com/Money/Story/STIStory_668099.html

May 13, 2011

Foresque Residences sets new price mark

By Cheryl Lim

PROPERTY developer Wing Tai Holdings will be launching the Foresque Residences project at record prices for the Upper Bukit Timah area.

Market watchers say the nearby Petir LRT and Hillview MRT stations could be driving the prices up.

The 99-year leasehold project is on a 244,000 sq ft site on Petir Road, and consists of five 24-storey towers.

The 496-unit development includes one- bedroom to four-bedroom units, penthouse apartments and special cabana garden units.

Prices start from $1,150 per sq ft (psf) for a 463 sq ft one-bedroom unit, while its penthouses, which are from 1,119 sq ft to 2,573 sq ft in size, are going for up to $1,200 psf.

Homes near the upcoming Hillview MRT station have already set price benchmarks. Units at The Lanai on Hillview Avenue sold at an average of $1,450 psf last December.

But units nearer the Petir LRT station are still cheaper. Units at the Tree House condominium, which is next to Foresque Residences, sold for an average of $809 psf last July.

Mr Ong Kah Seng, senior manager for Asia-Pacific research at Cushman & Wakefield, said the stations are likely to support sales of new property projects.

'This is especially true for buyers looking to ride on the capital appreciation of a project,' he said.

He added that the Upper Bukit Timah area would be more accessible and connected to the rest of Singapore when the Downtown Line 2 is completed.

Although Foresque Residences is a leasehold property, its pricing has overshadowed those of freehold resale properties in the neighbourhood.

Mr Ong said such freehold projects in the Upper Bukit Timah vicinity are commanding average prices of about $1,100 psf, depending on the development's age, location, design and amenities.

Foresque Residences is also near the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, Bukit Panjang Primary School and CHIJ Our Lady Queen of Peace.

It is expected to receive its temporary occupation permit in June 2015.

The project's preview launch will be held tomorrow.

Lovelle
13-05-11, 22:10
let's go down and see the launch tomorrow.

The landscaping is good, 2 tennis courts and structural looks like cosmopolitan style....

wonder how many will be sold tomorrow....

danntbt
13-05-11, 23:00
...haha many are just say-say only but cannot afford in the first place.....those who can would likely not so quick to condemn any location....At the going rate, income level of potential buyers should be close to 10K per month, even with 1oK, the buyers need to fork out the initial 200-300K down payment...so those without existing property will be hard press to come out with the sum....unless they have other avenues/income...like shares etc.

kingkong1984
13-05-11, 23:09
Do not believe what was said until u see it with your own eyes.

Nothing stopping funny businesses.

DC33_2008
13-05-11, 23:15
The FH condos such as Springdale, bukit regency, southaven that closer to beauty world is less than $900psf.

kingkong1984
13-05-11, 23:21
The FH condos such as Springdale, bukit regency, southaven that closer to beauty world is less than $900psf.
So why the craze over for rescue buyers?

Illogical. So good must wait till top and see the owners, staying it it or not.

mastrix
13-05-11, 23:27
Got $, just buy FQ. Won't regret one. :sleep:

mantrix
13-05-11, 23:35
Got $, just buy FQ. Won't regret one. :sleep:

Can't regret if for self-stay - cos LL anyway...

sfwoo
13-05-11, 23:52
Can't regret if for self-stay - cos LL anyway...

That is why I staying out of this one. I not buying to stay.

devilplate
14-05-11, 00:53
Hoot the 1bedder lor....lol..

11xxpsf not tat scary since 12xxpsf for a mm is a norm now

devilplate
14-05-11, 00:54
...haha many are just say-say only but cannot afford in the first place.....those who can would likely not so quick to condemn any location....At the going rate, income level of potential buyers should be close to 10K per month, even with 1oK, the buyers need to fork out the initial 200-300K down payment...so those without existing property will be hard press to come out with the sum....unless they have other avenues/income...like shares etc.
99lh, no mrt, no amenities, 1kpsf+

Vy hard to find a project worse den this:beats-me-man:

mastrix
14-05-11, 01:11

:tsk-tsk: unsubstantial

devilplate
14-05-11, 01:26
:tsk-tsk: unsubstantial
U can name a few projects to substantiate

mastrix
14-05-11, 03:02
U can name a few projects to substantiate
There are many. U can do a search.

CDL/WT in this business for many years, your statement is not a fair one. There are many components to consider when pricing for a property. It's not only what u mentioned "99lh, no mrt, no amenities" to determine the 1kpsf.

U have to look further than the next few years. A completed building will be standing there for the next 40 years or so, especially in spore, things change rapidly. Our living environment will be improved. Spore not much vacant land left for sale. Whenever there's one, developers will grab. Sooner or later, we are getting properties that are re-develop thru en-bloc, and it's not easy to get 1kpsf anymore.

If based on what u consider, meaning wait for mrt and amenities to come & then worth paying 1kpsf...hmm...shortsighted maybe. :D

danntbt
14-05-11, 05:29

...next to MRT....people complain noisy-lah....congested-lah,......no privacy-lah........this is typical of those looking for fault....but not near MRT...also got problem....however, for years, Bt Timah never have MRT, only up and coming, but it has always been among the most exclusive and expensive, despite flood and all.

Ever occur to you that perhaps this is the development is targetted for the more affluence with cars? That is why it may seemed expensive for some of us with less $$$$.....Anyway is within 1 Km plus to the MRT (as if that is the most important of all), most condos provide shuttle service anyway.....Its really ulu is it was like in Lim Chu Kang fish farm area etc...but eventually these fish farm area will be sought after..like ulu Punggul......

The attributes listed would definitely attract those who prefer a more tranquil development, with access to nearby amneties and recreation.

Many of the opinions here are based on individual subjective opinion which are often very narrow and one-sided...look at Mi Casa.....got MRT but somehow took longer to be sold than TH......

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 06:00
I kaypo and help devil here.

Firstly, I agree with the devil... Hahaha.

Next for Mee Casa, it's really a different game. multistorey car park + feo projects priced at premium and the stigma of poor quality sticks. So naturally will take a long time to sell. But with 3 PH left at starting from 7xx psf, the results are quite an achievement.

For the argument of looking beyond a few years, then Jurong lakeside district is way better.

At this kind of prices, I would think that the tennery is cheap.

At the end of the day, the prices of condo should not be more than 2x psf at nearby HDB equivalent. I would think that 8xx psf to low 9xx psf would be a fairer price.

Anyway, if u can afford it, buy it. People have been screwed elsewhere in the past and let history repeat itself.

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 08:30
The main test of such development is when there is a recession. Which development is least affected?
...next to MRT....people complain noisy-lah....congested-lah,......no privacy-lah........this is typical of those looking for fault....but not near MRT...also got problem....however, for years, Bt Timah never have MRT, only up and coming, but it has always been among the most exclusive and expensive, despite flood and all.

Ever occur to you that perhaps this is the development is targetted for the more affluence with cars? That is why it may seemed expensive for some of us with less $$$$.....Anyway is within 1 Km plus to the MRT (as if that is the most important of all), most condos provide shuttle service anyway.....Its really ulu is it was like in Lim Chu Kang fish farm area etc...but eventually these fish farm area will be sought after..like ulu Punggul......

The attributes listed would definitely attract those who prefer a more tranquil development, with access to nearby amneties and recreation.

Many of the opinions here are based on individual subjective opinion which are often very narrow and one-sided...look at Mi Casa.....got MRT but somehow took longer to be sold than TH......

devilplate
14-05-11, 08:53
I remember wingtai super condemn ocr n said its in bubbling stage just b4 they bot this piece of land.

Now wingtai sing a very different n nice tune:hell-hath-no-fury: :D

The vision got a possible rescue on the way......this rescuer haf any land parcel for sale nearby?

Now tis rescuer aso makes the vision relatively cheap:cheers6:

Next in line will be the capland bishan plot to rescue all these? Hmm:rolleyes:

devilplate
14-05-11, 09:17
For those eyeing forestkill for own stay....can take a look at chestervale...much cheaper alternative n bigger space.....lrt nrby n amenities aplenty....better for ur kids:)

chiaberry
14-05-11, 09:20
I remember wingtai super condemn ocr n said its in bubbling stage just b4 they bot this piece of land.

Now wingtai sing a very different n nice tune:hell-hath-no-fury: :D

The vision got a possible rescue on the way......this rescuer haf any land parcel for sale nearby?

Now tis rescuer aso makes the vision relatively cheap:cheers6:

Next in line will be the capland bishan plot to rescue all these? Hmm:rolleyes:

Bishan should be RCR not OCR?

devilplate
14-05-11, 09:25
Bishan should be RCR not OCR?
Trying to make forestkill buyer happier mah....:rolleyes: :p

Rysk
14-05-11, 09:34
This kind of pricing, I would rather buy The Arte @ Thomson lor (avg. 1100-1200psf)

- Freehold (vs 99-yr LH)
- City Fringe (vs suburban)
- 336 units (vs 496 units)
- No MM units (vs with MM units)
- Just TOP (vs under construction)
- Near City (vs far from city)
- Not consider as mass mkt condo & is also full facilities

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 09:36
Unfortunately arte at thomson is not MM unit. The quantum can be rather high.
This kind of pricing, I would rather buy The Arte @ Thomson lor (avg. 1100-1200psf)

- Freehold (vs 99-yr LH)

flagship74
14-05-11, 09:47

Well Said danntbt:cheers6:

flagship74
14-05-11, 09:49

- Freehold (vs 99-yr LH)

1200psf...Those were the days my friend:eek:

devilplate
14-05-11, 09:53
How come this part of the island can be associated with bukit timah:scared-1:

Bukit panjang hdb estate consider affluent:confused:

Tot wingtai is a high end developer....y aso build mm?:beats-me-man:

No confident to sell normal sized units at 1100psf?:rolleyes:

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 09:53
Wonder what is the rental demand there?

devilplate
14-05-11, 09:55
Wonder what is the rental demand there?
Shd b quite jialat due to massive construction nrby?

akow
14-05-11, 10:15

Tis Wing Tai project is close to one of the downtown line two MRT, it's within 1.4KM of the MRT, which will be completed by 2015, hence coincide with the TOP of this project.

Mi Casa is different cos close to camp, so not that popular...
The best is to stay close to MRT, but no MRT noise, Mi Casa is one good example.

The land cost for Petir Road was $345psf bidded in Oct 10. Hence it's huge profit for developer if launched at above $1000psf

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:01
Tis Wing Tai project is close to one of the downtown line two MRT, it's within 1.4KM of the MRT, which will be completed by 2015, hence coincide with the TOP of this project.

Mi Casa is different cos close to camp, so not that popular...
The best is to stay close to MRT, but no MRT noise, Mi Casa is one good example.

The land cost for Petir Road was $345psf bidded in Oct 10. Hence it's huge profit for developer if launched at above $1000psf
Laksa subsale psf stays ard 750-800psf due to quantum....2+study abt 1100sqft is too big for investors currently....:2cents:

Dun tink the camp is the deterrent...

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 11:21
Laksa subsale psf stays ard 750-800psf due to quantum....2+study abt 1100sqft is too big for investors currently....:2cents:

Dun tink the camp is the deterrent...

Local people buying now everywhere in OCR is mainly for self stay. Foreign buyers are buying for investments.

Absolute quantum game. Dun care about PSF.

The units below 1 million still sells
The units below $850k is just about right.
The units below $700k is right for EC standards
The units below $550k is right for mickey mouse.

The rest are a play on the floor space. Bomb shelther and smaller kitchens.

Oh units above 1.25 million is quite hard to sell without the MRT factor.

Agree that the camp is not an issue. More of the temples, church and mosques.

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:23
Local people buying now everywhere in OCR is mainly for self stay. Foreign buyers are buying for investments.

Absolute quantum game. Dun care about PSF.

The units below 1 million still sells
The units below $850k is just about right.
The units below $700k is right for EC standards
The units below $550k is right for mickey mouse.

The rest are a play on the floor space. Bomb shelther and smaller kitchens.

Oh units above 1.25 million is quite hard to sell without the MRT factor.

Agree that the camp is not an issue. More of the temples and mosques.

Not sure how true is ur statement...i feels tat more den half of the buyers r investors for those buying ocr new launches

flagship74
14-05-11, 11:27
Not sure how true is ur statement...i feels tat more den half of the buyers r investors for those buying ocr new launches

Let's wait and see today response:)

Rysk
14-05-11, 11:31

Recent transaction lah.. my friend..
THE ARTE Condominium 2,150,000 1,873Strata 1,148 Apr-11
THE ARTE Condominium 2,120,000 1,873Strata 1,132 Apr-11
THE ARTE Condominium 2,247,600 1,873Strata 1,200 Mar-11
THE ARTE Condominium 2,018,000 1,873Strata 1,077 Mar-11
THE ARTE Condominium 1,727,765 1,399Strata 1,235 Mar-11
THE ARTE Condominium 1,650,000 1,399Strata 1,179 Mar-11
THE ARTE Condominium 2,153,950 1,873Strata 1,150 Mar-11

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 11:33

it's ok.

agree to disagree or agree to agree.

That's what I feel, of course, just an opinion.

I read that you've said that now is not the time to invest right?

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:35
Let's wait and see today response:)
U bot a unit liao meh? Y keep singing praises for this project?:doh:

1100psf justifiable for such location?

How many units they sold during preview?

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:42
it's ok.

agree to disagree or agree to agree.

That's what I feel, of course, just an opinion.

I read that you've said that now is not the time to invest right?

Make no sense to buy anything for those who oredi own a few ppty...

For those looking to buy their 1st investment ppty or own stay....pls look elsewhr.....treehse till now no subsale rite?.....so this rescuer.....:beats-me-man:

By the way, wats the psf for the 3bedder....from 1kpsf?

Later i shall kaypo if stop raining...

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 11:44
I not agent leh.

Maybe I can go kaypo also.

Hahahah

flagship74
14-05-11, 11:44

Cool..it surprise me the arte transaction px today is no different back in 2008-09.:doh:

flagship74
14-05-11, 11:45
U bot a unit liao meh? Y keep singing praises for this project?:doh:

1100psf justifiable for such location?

How many units they sold during preview?

I am not vested definitely.:tsk-tsk:

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:47
I am not vested definitely.:tsk-tsk:
Den u r an agt meh? Y praise a project tat u aso dunwan to buy?

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:48
Cool..it surprise me the arte transaction px today is no different back in 2008-09.:doh:
........?

Launch px from 9xxpsf lah

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 11:48

cause vested nearby.

The Trees are better than the Forest and not the mushrooms.

MM should also be termed mushrooms.

flagship74
14-05-11, 11:52

Well.. i thought this forum is suppose to voice out our 2 cents opinion? No? if i have offended you in anyway..my bad.:D

devilplate
14-05-11, 11:59
Well.. i thought this forum is suppose to voice out our 2 cents opinion? No? if i have offended you in anyway..my bad.:D
Of coz, but to mislead other bros here buying into forestkill ?:tsk-tsk: :doh:

U seriously tink this forestkill is a reasonable buy?

Rysk
14-05-11, 12:08

Wah you very jialet leh.. 2009 $800-900psf, now $1100-1200psf.. where got no different leh:doh:

1625sf $1,401,800 862psf May 09
1528sf $1,284,010 840psf May 09
1528sf $1,379,280 902psf May 09

kane
14-05-11, 12:24
Such a development is probably appropriate for retirees who are not too old to drive and want to be in the heart of a young forest. Condos always have artist impression where they stand in the middle of vegetation, even though they are located in CBD. This is the one of those that will look correct with vegetation surrounding it.

devilplate
14-05-11, 12:35
Such a development is probably appropriate for retirees who are not too old to drive and want to be in the heart of a young forest. Condos always have artist impression where they stand in the middle of vegetation, even though they are located in CBD. This is the one of those that will look correct with vegetation surrounding it.
Tats a gd point abt the artist impression hehe

The targetted group of buyers r too niche?

H20 aso for retirees.....

Hmmm....we nid lots of rich retirees :D

How abt the miltonic......ulu, no mrt but quiet n gd views....aso gd for retirees?:D

I kinda interested in mitonic....cheaper....:ashamed1:

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 13:05
In fact, retirees should be in the action area to keep them engaged. Otherwise, they will be brain dead very soon.

stalingrad
14-05-11, 13:38
In fact, retirees should be in the action area to keep them engaged. Otherwise, they will be brain dead very soon.

retirees would be brain dead if they buy into this shitty project at the shitty prices.

mantrix
14-05-11, 14:04
Tats a gd point abt the artist impression hehe

The targetted group of buyers r too niche?

H20 aso for retirees.....

Hmmm....we nid lots of rich retirees :D

How abt the miltonic......ulu, no mrt but quiet n gd views....aso gd for retirees?:D

I kinda interested in mitonic....cheaper....:ashamed1:

You mean Miltonia?

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 14:06
You mean Miltonia?
Yes miltonia, it's a kind of flower. Located in Yishun.

danntbt
14-05-11, 14:54

...but look at the quantum....how many can afford 1.6m and above? If they were to sell smaller unit....the PSF will definitely be higher liao...

danntbt
14-05-11, 15:00
...ever heard about the aging population? And the new generatioin who prefer not to live with their parents? If indeed the silver ones are the target...there is a sizeable market, plus its those who are above 45 that have the means to buy into property anyway.......its just a case of trying to run before learning to walk for the younger generation these days....nobody believe in thriftiness, living within your means........and a big dose of envy and 'I want".........and that's why we loose George Yeo ....its easy to stir the young sentiments because they demand instant gratification....

DC33_2008
14-05-11, 15:05
Some of the kids grew up may have a few properties left behind by their parents, in particular those with only child. They have a choice to stay in one of them or sell them and buy a new one.

danntbt
14-05-11, 15:09
Some of the kids grew up may have a few properties left behind by their parents, in particular those with only child. They have a choice to stay in one of them or sell them and buy a new one.
..ya everyone is envious of those with silver spoon in their mouth......:D

devilplate
14-05-11, 17:52
Sales response so so....mainly 1bedders r sold...Full noon sun

Actually The greenary view is not perm....beside is slated as sch and beyond tat is another future devt. Pocketed greenary view at best.

Treehse can say gd bye to their greenary views. Left n right will hf devt....

The garden cabana units r vy nice....but the px super nice too at 1.8-2mil:scared-3: close to 1200psf:eek:

The common rooms r abit small.
the master rm is pretty big n nice big 2sided windows without pillars:D

Mid flr 3bedder abt 1kpsf and 2bedder from 1100psf

The whole condo facade looks nice n elegant..treehse aso quite nice actually...:)

Developer leave no cream for the buyers....chop till max wif such pricing:scared-5:

Lovelle
14-05-11, 18:18
Wa. 2 bedded px close to wb 2bedder px . 2 much la. .

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 18:19
Wa. 2 bedded px close to wb 2bedder px . 2 much la. .
Tree house got chance for sub sale Liao...

devilplate
14-05-11, 18:27
Btw, no natural marble at all....compressed marble for the living rm

I wud expect to hf luxurious fittings to compensate for the high px....

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 18:29

Mass market right? But at least no frosted glass and odd corners.

devilplate
14-05-11, 18:30
Mass market right? But at least no frosted glass and odd corners.
At least wf isle provide full marbles....the vision aso vy gd furnishings

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 18:36
At least wf isle provide full marbles....the vision aso vy gd furnishings
哈哈哈

It is priced to kill. 佛热酢

azeoprop
14-05-11, 19:14
Maybe the next yet to release plot will sell 1500psf? :scared-4: Bukit Panjang become the new prime district of Singapore? :scared-1:

amk
14-05-11, 19:56
What's the size for a normal 3bd and 4 bd ? 1200 and 1500 ?

Btw this is not "upper class bt timah" lah

danntbt
14-05-11, 19:58
...perhaps someone is beginning to get the idea.....its all about packaging and perception...otherwise why people still do not buy into certain areas like CCk, hougang etc...likewise Bishan was thought to be a place to avoid in the beginning......why do Holland V resident think they are high class in a high class area......thus drawing in the yuppies.....looking at the development nearby, perhaps Ghim Moh will be trendy next...so look at the shifting perception......FR and TH is the start of a new cluster, and if the upcoming development continues to package their development properly, it could evolve....after all, its pretty encircled by landed property ...and its also a popular trail biking haunt - the zheghua park on weekends plus the chestnut park coming up....at least you do not stare into HDB blocks.....like clover by the park....which technically in a much better location accessibility-wise.

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 21:00
No guarantee hdb will not be built beside or near it.

kane
14-05-11, 21:57

at least not homogeneous marble look alike... timber flooring for the rooms are laminate flooring?

mastrix
14-05-11, 22:03
the showflat ID is very ugly. :doh:

the metal grills used on the balcony look like those used in HDB Pinnacle @ Duxton...damn cheap skate. :D

kane
14-05-11, 22:05
the showflat ID is very ugly. :doh:

the metal grills used on the balcony look like those used in HDB Pinnacle @ Duxton...damn cheap skate. :D

they used grills as part of ID?? that's new.

mastrix
14-05-11, 22:08
they used grills as part of ID?? that's new.
no lah. Interior ID is ugly. Those grilles will be used at the balcony. not nice.

kane
14-05-11, 22:13
no lah. Interior ID is ugly. Those grilles will be used at the balcony. not nice.

were there any creative markings on the floor to say this will be the world instead of glass or have they done away with all that and show the unit as it will be.

danntbt
14-05-11, 22:22
No guarantee hdb will not be built beside or near it.
...perhaps you are not aware of the URA masterplan?

danntbt
14-05-11, 22:24
BTW what is the cheapest 3 bedder at FR?

devilplate
14-05-11, 22:57
What's the size for a normal 3bd and 4 bd ? 1200 and 1500 ?

Btw this is not "upper class bt timah" lah
About 1180 n 14xx

2bedder vy small...abt 730...from 820k

The agt duno exact sales figure....no score board also....mabe not many units sold....

Lakefront still selling at 1kpsf? Grab lakefront better....battle of the ugly:p

mastrix
14-05-11, 23:06
were there any creative markings on the floor to say this will be the world instead of glass or have they done away with all that and show the unit as it will be.
what u see is what u get. no glass.

Xan
14-05-11, 23:37
Actually, nowadays, I don't even bother to argue whether that particular new development is worth buying or not.
The trend goes like this:

A new "project A" is launched, launch at suburb and not near to amenities or mrt, launch price starts from 800 to 850 psf. People all start to curse and swear like hell and says it is ulu and pricing is Uncalled for.
Then suddenly, it's neighbour plot launch at 1100- 1200psf. It became the "rescuer" overnight. Some forumers will start to say: oh I shld have bought "project A" , "oh bloody hell, I missed the boat :banghead: "

It seems the same old comment repeats itself over and over again.
Thats Besides the point, if I were to contribute my shallow opinion on this project, (pple who support this project can just ignore me). well, it will still appreciate. But maybe takes four years to break even or subsale to happen.
U can wait or not? U ask yourself first. Or maybe if u r lucky, there wld be another rescuer project nearby launched at higher psf.

kingkong1984
14-05-11, 23:55
Well said. But only half said.

U have said that you've observed property trends and surely would agree that there are ups and down. Timing is everything.

I do see a repeat of 97 but I could be wrong.
;)

Xan
15-05-11, 00:31

U have said that you've observed property trends and surely would agree that there are ups and down. Timing is everything.

;)

Yap, u r observant. My fear is the peak might be near, like judgement day. Not much oil to extract in property investment.
Assuming there's no peak (due to the scarce land logic), property price will still climb, but at a very slow pace due to current or new measures, together with unpredictable interest rate. Prolonged holding of property is still the most uncomfortable part.

Dark Knight
15-05-11, 04:41

;)

It is not just about timing (everyone knows timing important). It is about having the guts to buy at the point of the perceived crash occurs.

And how does one know when is the bottom of the bottom? All the self professed experts will say, wait a while more.....worse is yet to come. Also to overcome the tremendous psychological barrier of losing jobs and economy collapsing anytime. How many people able and willing to put down 20% deposit at that juncture?

Went through the global financial crisis and heard a lot of such bull shit comments from people around me and also on this forum...but no action. Then come 2 years later said "Aiya, missed the boat liao".

Next, prospective buyers, please ensure you have enough holding power. At least 1 year of liquidity as backup. Means even if no jobs one still can tahan for 1 year paying all the relevant expenses.

danntbt
15-05-11, 06:52
Agree, its all about holding power, a colleague bought Herithage, had it good for awhile with 3K rental back in the 90s, then it crashed, his 3/4 mil property lost 30% of its value....he bite the bullet and bought another unit for the same price but bigger unit.....now his 1.5mil investment is worth at least 2.5mil.....

Personally I bought Jurong West leftover EA before all bull started running....only 272K! Let go at 470 k 1.5 years later after collecting 2.2K rental for a year plus....the left on the shelf JE HDB is still appreciating....but if I held on the new policy would have make it difficult to get a 2nd property, all the while agents kept telling me its impossible to get above 2k rental for the area back then, and that the price will not go above 350k, at which they have ready buyers....but do notice that historically the bottom is not as bottom as each preceeding bottom, at least this should hold in Singapore with limited land and its stable govt and economy....unless the younger generation got impatient and vote PAP out, and MBT comes out with absurb policy like having COE for property purchases.

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 07:38
During peak, gems can be found.

During trough, gems can be found too.

Never care what others say, just buy within your means and sell only when price is right. Ask those who bought in 97. Another crash will come and another peak will come. They call it market correction which is correct.
:)

Komo
15-05-11, 08:31
Current market seems to be even more uncertain than previous times. Perhaps it's at crossroad now. Need to worry about both global events and govt policies which currently seems to have the tendency to weigh down on market. Eg if they limit FT in flow how will it affect the rental mkt? Will this make 2013 even worse? Etc etc. The consideration of any purchase now is more complicated and definitely not the time to just jump into any property.

Xan
15-05-11, 10:20
It is not just about timing (everyone knows timing important). It is about having the guts to buy at the point of the perceived crash occurs.

And how does one know when is the bottom of the bottom? All the self professed experts will say, wait a while more.....worse is yet to come. Also to overcome the tremendous psychological barrier of losing jobs and economy collapsing anytime. How many people able and willing to put down 20% deposit at that juncture?

Went through the global financial crisis and heard a lot of such bull shit comments from people around me and also on this forum...but no action. Then come 2 years later said "Aiya, missed the boat liao".

Next, prospective buyers, please ensure you have enough holding power. At least 1 year of liquidity as backup. Means even if no jobs one still can tahan for 1 year paying all the relevant expenses.

Don't Think the people here no action and just know how to talk down property investment. I feel some of the forumers here have at least 2 to 3 properties. In fact I even felt some of them buy properties like playing monopoly.

Most pple here are trying to point out a concern: that the pricing and measures were bizarre nowadays. For those who started property investment earlier will understand, as they hv gone thru the whole cycle.
I remember when i buy my first property, agent brought me from levels to levels to view the units, I can even view the penthouse unit for 3 times just for fun....till now we have to hand in the stupid cheque in order to book a unit (probably contested by a group of people who are still confused of the layout and facing they are buying).

It's pretty understandable some of us obviously have not adjusted to such market trend, feel uncomfortable and begin to have doubts....and starts talking down projects with pricing they feel uncalled for.

If market is going to peak, it will not be just becoz of the price, but together with culprits like interest rate and new policies. There u go, timing plays the lead again.

Rysk
15-05-11, 11:12
...but look at the quantum....how many can afford 1.6m and above? If they were to sell smaller unit....the PSF will definitely be higher liao...

You are saying the psf is high at The Arte bigger unit close to 1200psf?
Meaning mass mkt Foresque Res garden cabana units which is close to 1200psf.. 1.8-2.0m.. psf is super high lor..

danntbt
15-05-11, 11:35
You are saying the psf is high at The Arte bigger unit close to 1200psf?
Meaning mass mkt Foresque Res garden cabana units which is close to 1200psf.. 1.8-2.0m.. psf is super high lor.........its all about niche marketing, cabana unit is a relatively rare choice....and the Arte environmnent is not for everyone, its a busy place, after all those who can afford 1.6-1.8 m would have means to hire maid to run errands and have wheels to drive around......I would personaly settle for Mi Casa penthouse for that amount...

devilplate
15-05-11, 11:43
any sales update?

btw, the garden cabana is damn nice.....4.9m ceiling height....wif wooden deck+carpet grass patio done up for u.

wud b tempted if priced at 9xxpsf....1200psf....nxt time i sell to who? ghost? hehe

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 11:49
.......its all about niche marketing, cabana unit is a relatively rare choice....and the Arte environmnent is not for everyone, its a busy place, after all those who can afford 1.6-1.8 m would have means to hire maid to run errands and have wheels to drive around......I would personaly settle for Mi Casa penthouse for that amount...
U still have enough spare change for a deposit for a 2 bedder too.

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 11:51
any sales update?

btw, the garden cabana is damn nice.....4.9m ceiling height....wif wooden deck+carpet grass patio done up for u.

wud b tempted if priced at 9xxpsf....1200psf....nxt time i sell to who? ghost? hehe
To rich PRC, People Rich Country. How normal graduates can afford this? Take median income x 5 yrs plus inflation, will not be within reach.

kane
15-05-11, 12:11
I was quite intrigued by the high ceiling with PES for the cabana unit. But at that quantum, they're really leaving nothing on the table eh.

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 12:16
BTW, Arte has a rear door and can get to coffee shop is less than 5 minutes and 15min walk to the wet market and hawker centre. 15 mins to Toa Payoh mrt stn.
.......its all about niche marketing, cabana unit is a relatively rare choice....and the Arte environmnent is not for everyone, its a busy place, after all those who can afford 1.6-1.8 m would have means to hire maid to run errands and have wheels to drive around......I would personaly settle for Mi Casa penthouse for that amount...

danntbt
15-05-11, 12:26
BTW, Arte has a rear door and can get to coffee shop is less than 5 minutes and 15min walk to the wet market and hawker centre. 15 mins to Toa Payoh mrt stn.
... I am not saying its ulu or out of reach...I did say that it is in a busy place...in any case, even if the kopitiam is at your doorstep, you would not eat there all the time....btw 15 minutes walk to MRT is far for those who are used to driving.....so they are likely to drive if they want to go to TP central, but at peak hour, it might actually be faster to walk,.....its a price to pay for being in a busy and congested location...

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 12:39
Sorry. I was referring to sky@eleven and not the Arte. U are right the Arte is really busy.

devilplate
15-05-11, 12:41
Sorry. I was referring to sky@eleven and not the Arte. U are right the Arte is really busy.

sky11 ard 1600psf liao....:banghead:

2xth flr offered to me at 1150psf nia:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 12:47
Is it reservoir view? Should have got it at that $psf.
sky11 ard 1600psf liao....:banghead:

2xth flr offered to me at 1150psf nia:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

devilplate
15-05-11, 12:53
Is it reservoir view? Should have got it at that $psf.

may get to see tip of the reservoir....must be top few flr ard 30+ den get to see more water....

bo $$ at tat pt of time.....stuck in other project n stocks:banghead:

bargain hunter
15-05-11, 12:55
wat were the sales like when u were there yesterday? 100 out of 400 sold?

any sales update?

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 13:02
I was also monitoring this project two years ago. The only reason that I did not go in was the size. They are very big (2000sqft) and rental can be a challenge for investment property. I still prefer the 2 bedder and min 900 sq ft.
may get to see tip of the reservoir....must be top few flr ard 30+ den get to see more water....

bo $$ at tat pt of time.....stuck in other project n stocks:banghead:

devilplate
15-05-11, 13:03
wat were the sales like when u were there yesterday? 100 out of 400 sold?

cant get any sales figure....

no scoreboard aso....agt aso duno much....just say 1bedder limited edition....

2bedders seems got quite alot avail....

vy secretive.....i tink very poor sales....tats y

devilplate
15-05-11, 13:04
I was also monitoring this project two years ago. The only reason that I did not go in was the size. They are very big (2000sqft) and rental can be a challenge for investment property. I still prefer the 2 bedder and min 900 sq ft.

sky11 is buy to stay one.....until px is right den sell off:D

dun bother to rent it out....i wasnt even calculating the rental yield:D

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 13:11
Do you have floorplan of Foresque?
sky11 is buy to stay one.....until px is right den sell off:D

dun bother to rent it out....i wasnt even calculating the rental yield:D

devilplate
15-05-11, 13:21

hardcopy nia....

u go take a look lah...can admire the cabana units on the model....u will love it until u noe the price tag:p

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 13:21
I have found the powerpont slides.

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 13:36
This place is quite ulu, ie. not near mrt and food, ie. walking distance.
I have found the powerpont slides.

amk
15-05-11, 13:59

So nice meh ? Have to go have a look. Why is it 1200 ? Thought ground floor with patio by definition should be less not more ?

mcmlxxvi
15-05-11, 14:01
So many forest condos... So confusing.

Foresta
Foresque
Forest hill

Xan
15-05-11, 14:32
The artist impression and layout is nice though....hehe

Xan
15-05-11, 14:35
Was thinking and comparing foresque with miltonia residence... Which view is nicer? Greenery/nature view vs golf course & reservoir view. Though foresque is of higher floor.

devilplate
15-05-11, 15:02
So nice meh ? Have to go have a look. Why is it 1200 ? Thought ground floor with patio by definition should be less not more ?
Idk:beats-me-man:

Mabe due to high ceiling.

8xx-9xxpsf for the cabana shd b fairer

devilplate
15-05-11, 15:05
Was thinking and comparing foresque with miltonia residence... Which view is nicer? Greenery/nature view vs golf course & reservoir view. Though foresque is of higher floor.
This forestkill not much view....gona block by future devt after the school. Pocketed bukit timah hill view at best

Miltonia still da best.....750psf for penthse got chance anot... I m keen:D

rattydrama
15-05-11, 15:07

;)

bubble bubble, the higher to move, the faster to drop. Upward trend cannot be forever and ever.

few weeks ago, I took LRT in the middle of a Sat afternoon from CCK MRT, round trip. This is a first time I travel via LRT. The airflow in the LRT is so much different from MRT, it became very stuffy after a while. We felt more cramp with little moving space available. Towards the end of the trip, my head spinned. :doh:

I will not want to have that experience again. Additionally, when do a transfer from LRT to MRT, need to walk up and down many steps ... not suitable for old folks........

I think properties nearby LRTs still lag behind MRTs.

devilplate
15-05-11, 15:12
bubble bubble, the higher to move, the faster to drop. Upward trend cannot be forever and ever.

few weeks ago, I took LRT in the middle of a Sat afternoon from CCK MRT, round trip. This is a first time I travel via LRT. The airflow in the LRT is so much different from MRT, it became very stuffy after a while. We felt more cramp with little moving space available. Towards the end of the trip, my head spinned. :doh:

I will not want to have that experience again. Additionally, when do a transfer from LRT to MRT, need to walk up and down many steps ... not suitable for old folks........

I think properties nearby LRTs still lag behind MRTs.

Only selective new launches bubbling leh

My ppty no bubble at all lor....i want BUBBLE!!!:hell-hath-no-fury: :D

rattydrama
15-05-11, 15:20

yr ppty where got bubble? smelly smelly earn good profits now. u bou so so low....now ulu OCR price quite scary... I spoke to my relative ppty agent, now she also let go CCR ppty cos rental bad. :eek: waiting for the price to correct.:eek:

I think I should be saved from babble bah.:cheers1: .. Just saw new price for my current place.

rattydrama
15-05-11, 15:22
somemore now pap "listens" more to people after this election. :eek: are investors included??:scared-4:

kane
15-05-11, 15:27

only new development is experiencing the bubble. you bought all the resale and subsale, where there's hardly any bubble.

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 16:13
Listen to the people voice for cheaper houses. It will be given. Wait a while.

As for miltonia, i would hope that it is these prices

Penthouse max 800 Psf
4 bedders max 850 Psf
3 bedders max 900 Psf
2 bedders max 950 Psf
1 bedders max 1000 Psf

Anything more than that, gotta wait.

danntbt
15-05-11, 16:40
...isn't that is the intention of Public Housing, if the govt keep giving what the people want rather than what the people need......Singapore's economy could only head south, unfortunately these are the time of 'me-generation' the opposition just have to manipulate this sentiment.

amk
15-05-11, 17:56
Ok just visited this place. Crowd not as big as 8cy for sure.
To be fair the layout is pretty good. Square rooms, regular living rms etc. Facilities and landscapes look nice. Views, those facing behind BKE still have greenery view lah. Once the MRT is up, it's just one bus stop away.

Price wise, a 3bd costs 1.3m, 4bd 1.6m. Actually ignoring the psf, quantum is still well within reach of upgraders.

Btw the cabana thing is nothing big deal lah. Just a souped up ground flr unit with timber decking given. A clever way of marketing.

devilplate
15-05-11, 18:01
Ok just visited this place. Crowd not as big as 8cy for sure.
To be fair the layout is pretty good. Square rooms, regular living rms etc. Facilities and landscapes look nice. Views, those facing behind BKE still have greenery view lah. Once the MRT is up, it's just one bus stop away.

Price wise, a 3bd costs 1.3m, 4bd 1.6m. Actually ignoring the psf, quantum is still well within reach of upgraders.

Btw the cabana thing is nothing big deal lah. Just a souped up ground flr unit with timber decking given. A clever way of marketing.
U sure 3bedder 1.3mil is well within reach:scared-1:

proud owner
15-05-11, 18:09
There are many. U can do a search.

CDL/WT in this business for many years, your statement is not a fair one. There are many components to consider when pricing for a property. It's not only what u mentioned "99lh, no mrt, no amenities" to determine the 1kpsf.

U have to look further than the next few years. A completed building will be standing there for the next 40 years or so, especially in spore, things change rapidly. Our living environment will be improved. Spore not much vacant land left for sale. Whenever there's one, developers will grab. Sooner or later, we are getting properties that are re-develop thru en-bloc, and it's not easy to get 1kpsf anymore.

If based on what u consider, meaning wait for mrt and amenities to come & then worth paying 1kpsf...hmm...shortsighted maybe. :D

based on the above ... then buy anything also can right ?

cos 40 yrs from now ...land becomes so scarce ..that everywhere sure got amenities etc etc ...

so why the need to choose? or the need to find GEMs? everyone will be a gem ....

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 18:12
Oops... Kanna shot!

40 yrs from now, mandai will be a reservoir front living with MRT line. Come and check with me 40 yrs later.

Hahaha

proud owner
15-05-11, 18:20

eh

2.2 mio for 18oo ish sqft .... expensive meh ?

i just bought a old condo in D10 in jan 2011 for 2.1 mio .......

it scares me to know that many people are buying condo ... and finding 2mio expensive ...

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 18:24
1 million to 1.25 million for mass market

1.25 to 1.5 to rcr.

1.5 and above for CCR, my estimate only

1100 sqf unit type.

proud owner
15-05-11, 18:26
...perhaps someone is beginning to get the idea.....its all about packaging and perception...otherwise why people still do not buy into certain areas like CCk, hougang etc...likewise Bishan was thought to be a place to avoid in the beginning......why do Holland V resident think they are high class in a high class area......thus drawing in the yuppies.....looking at the development nearby, perhaps Ghim Moh will be trendy next...so look at the shifting perception......FR and TH is the start of a new cluster, and if the upcoming development continues to package their development properly, it could evolve....after all, its pretty encircled by landed property ...and its also a popular trail biking haunt - the zheghua park on weekends plus the chestnut park coming up....at least you do not stare into HDB blocks.....like clover by the park....which technically in a much better location accessibility-wise.

i think i mentioned before .....

check this out

Expensive vs Cheap

Holland V vs Ghim Moh
Frankel Ave vs Kembangan
Sixth Ave vs Jalan Kumpong Chantek ...

etc etc

see the trend ???

devilplate
15-05-11, 18:27
eh

2.2 mio for 18oo ish sqft .... expensive meh ?

i just bought a old condo in D10 in jan 2011 for 2.1 mio .......

it scares me to know that many people are buying condo ... and finding 2mio expensive ...
Expensive to me.... U r uhnwi mah....above 1mil consider ex liao...:ashamed1:

proud owner
15-05-11, 18:39
Expensive to me.... U r uhnwi mah....above 1mil consider ex liao...:ashamed1:

uhnwi = si mi la eh ?

mastrix
15-05-11, 18:40
based on the above ... then buy anything also can right ?

cos 40 yrs from now ...land becomes so scarce ..that everywhere sure got amenities etc etc ...

so why the need to choose? or the need to find GEMs? everyone will be a gem ....
read properly loh. I didn't say no need to choose or anyhow buy. If u read my previous post and search deeper (not from internet), there's potential in that area. Also, not everything is based on 99LH, mrt, etc to say this property worth buying 1kpsf.... sigh. :doh:

proud owner
15-05-11, 18:49
read properly loh. I didn't say no need to choose or anyhow buy. If u read my previous post and search deeper (not from internet), there's potential in that area. Also, not everything is based on 99LH, mrt, etc to say this property worth buying 1kpsf.... sigh. :doh:

ok i not so well informed

if there are indeed some future plans for that area ...

just on a price point .. wouldnt the nearby older project be a better buy ?

dtrax
15-05-11, 18:52
Got see channel 8 news or not? Interview those people who went to forestkill launch.. all aunties and uncles, luckily most commented they still on the sidelines... looks like Wing Tai failed to tai all these pple afterall

devilplate
15-05-11, 18:53
So u agree 1kpsf is a super future forward pricing?

Rght now nothing is there....y shd buyer pay such forward pricing?:p

devilplate
15-05-11, 18:55
Got see channel 8 news or not? Interview those people who went to forestkill launch.. all aunties and uncles, luckily most commented they still on the sidelines... looks like Wing Tai failed to tai all these pple afterall
Even those who say forestkill got potential over here aso wun buy one lor....i tink they r vested in treehse or nrby:hell-hath-no-fury:

If forestkill cant sell well, cannot push up their px mah rite?

proud owner
15-05-11, 18:55

good point

hey devil

what is uhnwi ??? you havent replied to me

devilplate
15-05-11, 18:59
good point

hey devil

what is uhnwi ??? you havent replied to me
Ultra high networth indivdual...can google it easily

proud owner
15-05-11, 19:07
Ultra high networth indivdual...can google it easily

wapiang

dont say that man ....

i only spend what i can afford ....

between a GCB and a house in NY .... i will buy one in NY ...

land easily 45000 sqft .... house 3000 sqft ...with tennis court and swimming pool ...

cost : usd 750k - 1.5 mio ...

45 minutes train ride / 30 mins drive into Manhattan ....

i must state .. i buy only what i would live in ...
i havent and will not buy for pure investment

mastrix
15-05-11, 19:43
ok i not so well informed

if there are indeed some future plans for that area ...

just on a price point .. wouldnt the nearby older project be a better buy ?
indeed. :rolleyes:

mastrix
15-05-11, 19:45

so...what should be the price psf in foresque now?

amk
15-05-11, 20:16
U sure 3bedder 1.3mil is well within reach:scared-1:

I think it is. Say if u can sell ur paid up HDB for 500k min, then a loan of 800k is what, 3k plus monthly installment ?

Note I said within reach, i didn't say worth buying. The point is it is still affordable. It's up to the ppl to decide if they want to afford it. The ppl living around this area may find something they like.

devilplate
15-05-11, 20:25
so...what should be the price psf in foresque now?
From 800-1kpsf

Wild Falcon
15-05-11, 20:53
So how many units they sell huh? i think now everyone scared of cooling measures and waiting for new cabinet to form. See if MBT still in charge of housing :)

Xan
15-05-11, 21:09
This forestkill not much view....gona block by future devt after the school. Pocketed bukit timah hill view at best

Miltonia still da best.....750psf for penthse got chance anot... I m keen:D

Most likely 800 to 850psf for penthouse, which works out to be 1.7 mil onwards if it's of size 2200sqft. The price and size logical for u or not?

Rysk
15-05-11, 21:10
My friend when today & check one of the Cabana unit size 1528sf, agent quoted after discount is $1.8m:scared-4:
That is $1178psf lor!!!

And he told me lot of wastage which the size included lots of outside area, so the actual build-in inside maybe ard 1100sf

Xan
15-05-11, 21:13
My friend when today & check one of the Cabana unit size 1528sf, agent quoted after discount is $1.8m:scared-4:
That is $1178psf lor!!!

And he told me lot of wastage which the size included lots of outside area, so the actual build-in inside maybe ard 1100sf

Think the main purpose of cabana unit is for you to enjoy outdoor resort lifestyle. That's y when I look at the floor plan, the bedrooms are smaller than pes area. Hehe...which means u better stay outdoor most of the time than indoor.

Lovelle
15-05-11, 21:14
That is $1178psf lor!!!

Siao Liao. Can buy d10 at tis px

proud owner
15-05-11, 21:14
Most likely 800 to 850psf for penthouse, which works out to be 1.7 mil onwards if it's of size 2200sqft. The price and size logical for u or not?

2200 sqft ... 4 bedrooms ?
with built in say 1700 sqft + 500 sqft terrace ?

i rather buy a FH in D5