PDA

View Full Version : Foresque Residences

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

chueec
16-05-13, 18:06
I just paid mine on this Monday.. So now got to wait for Wat next to complete than need to pay again? I notice that almost every 6 month I have to make payment.

Since there are two more 5% payment to make before TOP, and each payment interval is 6 months as you have observed, so the TOP will be mid MAY 2014. Think this is still a realistic estimate.

Nighttrain
18-05-13, 08:41
Since there are two more 5% payment to make before TOP, and each payment interval is 6 months as you have observed, so the TOP will be mid MAY 2014. Think this is still a realistic estimate.
May I know wat is the next 5% pay for???

chueec
18-05-13, 14:20
May I know wat is the next 5% pay for???

The next 5% is for door, window frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing.

I thought you should have been advised by your lawyer on the payments when you bought the unit ??

Nighttrain
18-05-13, 16:48
The next 5% is for door, window frames, electrical wiring, internal plastering and plumbing.

I thought you should have been advised by your lawyer on the payments when you bought the unit ??
I forgot where I place the doc. Last week the lawyer staff piss me off.. Call me on Friday and ask me to go to their office and must issue a cashier order to pay for the property..I ask her y can't I issue personal cheque instead.the reason she give is I first time use cpf therefore they need more time to instruct cpf board. Y so last min ..I got to cheong to the bank to do all this, think I dun have to work..than again after making the payment , she ask for my cpf latest statement. Than again I forgot my sin pass got to go to cpf board . After I e mail to her the doc. She call me say I got to maintain $69500 from my cpf...which mean $139000 from both me and my wife cannot use to pay for the house. I asked her is this the new cm and yet she say yes. Agent did not mention the day I sign on the dot. Got to make few call to agent friend to double confirm the rule than call up her and f her up..:scared-2: :scared-2: got to tell her I sold my property before I buy this one la!!!

gfoo
18-05-13, 21:56
you guys are fast. my lawyers only just called me to pay up 10% for structure

Bought In
21-05-13, 22:10
I am paying a lot for my 3 bedder. I just want to get the best out of it. Call me colonial mindset or whatever, there was once a local article about how an address makes a property attractive but I can't seem to find it. Anyways, if you google, there's all kind of foreign articles in universal agreement.

I got this from the URA website:

Withdrawal and Change of Street Name
Q12 Can an existing street name be changed or withdrawn?
A12 Such applications will not be considered, especially if they affect numerous existing addresses as it would cause too much inconvenience to the residences and/or businesses along the road.

Not sure what is the extent of the applicablity of the excerpt but the stretch of Petir Rd after the Chestnut Ave junction that Foresque is on is an extension that was never there about 6 to 7 years ago so there might be a slim chance and there is no other buildings using that stretch as of now and it leads to Dairy Farm Road. Hopefully amongst us there is an URA heavyweight. Other choices available just like the way streets are named in Sengkang and Punggol:

Dairy Farm Drive
Dairy Farm Grove
Dairy Farm View
Dairy Farm Lane
Dairy Farm Walk
Dairy Farm Plains

It may be a sensitive issue when PAP magazine is called PETIR which means “lightning” in Malay. This idea can only work if we have massive support. Please lend me your support.

chueec
22-05-13, 14:30
Before you brought up this issue on street names, I already had this dislike for Petir even though I didn't know what it meant, just did not sound 'high class' to me. I share in your view to link it to Dairy Farm...but who are we to change road name...maybe not if you are rich enough to pay for change thru whatever means...under table?? :D

flagship74
22-05-13, 16:16
Before you brought up this issue on street names, I already had this dislike for Petir even though I didn't know what it meant, just did not sound 'high class' to me. I share in your view to link it to Dairy Farm...but who are we to change road name...maybe not if you are rich enough to pay for change thru whatever means...under table?? :D

I declared Foreskill will be named diary farmkill..

Bought In
22-05-13, 16:26
Bro, wish us luck. Really hope to garner support and get in touch with both developer and MP Teo Ho Pin. (Developer before we pay up entirely and MP for our electoral support)

Only if all households unite, do we have negotiating power.

In terms of impression given, I think ours look more “atas” than the other two despite their fancy designs. Hopefully, it will raise our property value by 0.5% to 1% at least. Please more supporters! When it looks like we have something going, I volunteer to collect signatures.

sunrise
22-05-13, 16:46
Bro, wish us luck. Really hope to garner support and get in touch with both developer and MP Teo Ho Pin. (Developer before we pay up entirely and MP for our electoral support)

In terms of impression given, I think ours look more “atas” than the other two despite their fancy designs. Hopefully, it will raise our property value by 0.5% to 1% at least. Please more supporters! When it looks like we have something going, I volunteer to collect signatures.

try the MP first, if failed then try opposition party. sure works.

Bought In
22-05-13, 16:52
Sunrise, you have a point. I should sound out the MP first.

Kelonguni
22-05-13, 21:08

You think Petir Rd is bad, wait till you get Pending Rd...

Bought In
22-05-13, 21:39
Sunrise, I am also wondering if Wincheer tried changing the road name to give it some snob appeal. Maybe I will give them a call too. URA, being a government agency may not want to get into snob appeal when the social divide is a problem. Even LKY recognises there is a problem. But Wincheer probably would and should have tried.

p/s i am not but call me a snob or whatever, i just want this investment to be a steady one.

gfoo
22-05-13, 21:44
there is nothing wrong with Petir. this is an affordable suburban condo. dun read too much into things lah.

Bought In
22-05-13, 22:00
gfoo, I admire the way you look at it. Yes, Bedok Reservoir / Serangoon / Elias condos also same road as public housing and many other examples too.

alamak
22-05-13, 22:05

Teo Ho Pin, this guy centre of the whole AIM scandal and his goof with slvia Lim now lie low liao.. Next election may not be around ...

gfoo
22-05-13, 22:27
gfoo, I admire the way you look at it. Yes, Bedok Reservoir / Serangoon / Elias condos also same road as public housing and many other examples too.

At the prices they are charging us, Wincheer had better build this condo double and triple swee - take their time and build, dun cut corners, i happy already.

Sachelz
22-05-13, 22:48

Whatever it is, keep the name short pls. Long address makes form filling a nitemare.

flagship74
22-05-13, 22:55
Whatever it is, keep the name short pls. Long address makes form filling a nitemare.

Petir rd is definitely shorter than diary farm rd..;)

Nighttrain
22-05-13, 23:25
[QUOTE=flagship74]Petir rd is definitely shorter than diary farm rd..;)[/ can name the rd name after my father name... Next time I can tell ppl this is my father rd and my son can tell ppl this is my ah gong rd ... So shiok.

Bought In
23-05-13, 01:03
Basically my idea is to get some spill over effect from the other 99 year plot sold a few months back. http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property-management-news/2012/9/34170/dairy-farm-site-attracts-9-bids

Mention "Dairy Farm", and people know its Upper Bukit Timah. I think people dunno where Petir Road is. You have to say its "Bukit Panjang" meaning "Hill Long"...to which people will ask "Which Block?".

If I had my way, "Long Hill" would be ideal like One Tree Hill Residence is a freehold apartment development located at 1A, One Tree Hill (that's it) in District 10

Oh...there goes my snob appeal thing again. I will shut up for a while and find out from Wincheer and sound out the MP.

dare2
23-05-13, 05:06
....if its all i n the name, perhaps you have paid too much for your apartment, MP should have other more important things to do than to entertain such frivolous and snobbish matter.

flagship74
23-05-13, 08:45
U pay peanut you get monkey name lah:D

Bought In
23-05-13, 09:20
Dare2, I absolutely agree with you it feels frivolous for me to dabble in this too. But I am too worried about valuations. I am not afraid about the oncoming supply. The world economy is going to recover soon because of shale oil and gas boom in the Americas and Russia. This article is already talking about this new source of energy changing the world economic order.

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/How-Would-the-World-Change-if-the-International-Energy-Trade-Transformed.html

Barring external shocks, the local property scene is all about Elections 2016. Beyond that, if the boom continues, the curbs is bound to be relaxed if PAP stays in power because it will be a happier electorate by then. I am not talking politics, just economic impact of politics.

flagship74, Zhenghua area really alot of monkeys literally. My target tenants should like.

Btw, just for info, the whole Bt Panjang was meant to be known as Zhenghua during the Speak Mandarin era just like Yishun but did not happen for some reasons. And there is really a hill known as Bt Panjang. Its now inside the Ministry of Defence. There are two hills inside Ministry of Defence namely Bt Gombak and Bt Panjang.

chueec
23-05-13, 11:01
Dairy Farm Boulevard sounds real odd to me as there is no co-relation between a farm and boulevard, cannot buy in. In my opinion, Dairy Farm Walk sounds better. Anyway, to change name is really unthinkable, I will not waste time..just be happy...you cant be wrong.

chueec
23-05-13, 11:22
Dairy Farm Boulevard sounds real odd to me as there is no co-relation between a farm and boulevard, cannot buy in. In my opinion, Dairy Farm Walk sounds better. Anyway, to change name is really unthinkable, I will not waste time..just be happy...you cant be wrong.

sunrise
23-05-13, 11:47
Sunrise, I am also wondering if Wincheer tried changing the road name to give it some snob appeal. Maybe I will give them a call too. URA, being a government agency may not want to get into snob appeal when the social divide is a problem. Even LKY recognises there is a problem. But Wincheer probably would and should have tried.

p/s i am not but call me a snob or whatever, i just want this investment to be a steady one.

originally the place is known as "gu suah" in hokkien, translated as "cow hill" in english during the kampong days.

Bought In
23-05-13, 15:05
Sunrise, really? "Cow Hill?" OMG, reminds me of my trip to Scotland.
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fortwilliam/cowhill.shtml
If Wincheer had done something, it would have cost us more anyways.

Chueec, I did not know farms and boulevard don't go. Looks like you are part of the intelligentsia.

chueec
23-05-13, 16:12
Sunrise, really? "Cow Hill?" OMG, reminds me of my trip to Scotland.
http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/fortwilliam/cowhill.shtml
If Wincheer had done something, it would have cost us more anyways.

Chueec, I did not know farms and boulevard don't go. Looks like you are part of the intelligentsia.
Thanks for teaching me a new word 'intelligentsia' so cheem, got to check dictionary. It is obvious you are more intelligent.

Can you find a road in Singapore with the word 'boulevard' that is at a country side area?There is Raffles Boulevard & Orchard Boulevard all in city area with broad wide road which is the meaning of boulevard...unless you think Petir is not Petite. :tongue3:

flagship74
23-05-13, 16:39
wow..wow..wow...engkland so powerfulsia:D

chueec
23-05-13, 16:48
wow..wow..wow...engkland so powerfulsia:D
U also like to take SQ...:doh:

chueec
23-05-13, 21:32
The webpage for Skywoods ready at www.skywoods.com.sg

Noticed it was written quite 'unmissablely' obvious in the website that the address is Dairy Farm Road. Anyone thinking of changing address? :banghead:

flagship74
23-05-13, 22:55
U also like to take SQ...:doh:

Y not ..so classysia..:D

Bought In
25-05-13, 01:20
chueec and flagship74, after your most recent post, I felt very excited but it also made me think even deeper. Though we are the only building on this stretch of Petir, aside from the two bus stops, all of us have our title deeds with the Petir Rd address. :doh:

That said, I haven't given up.

This is my story. I have lived in the area twice and with Singapore population increasing, I believe of all the suburban areas, Bt Panjang area had the most natural greenery short of going all the way to Woodlands and Sembawang. Bt Panjang is not too far from the Buona Vista area as well as the future Jurong Gateway.

Originally, I went to Rail Mall to sign up for Eco Santuary VVIP preview. At that time, the central banks of US and Europe was (and still is) outperforming Double A photocopy paper.

Fearing stagflation, I chose brick and mortar over cash. I liked Eco Santuary for the Chestnut Ave address after missing the then 900K++ for a 3 bedder Tree House. At the same time, I feared Elections 2016. (True enough, the government started to curbed property investments the next week after i registered interest with Eco Santuary and since then there had been a further round of curbing.)

Printing money is risky business. If there is no real economy stimulated to back it up, it will lead to hyperinflation and further recession i.e. depression at the same time. Today, we are aware that low interest rates has enabled small and medium enterprises in the Americas to borrow money for new technology to extract shale oil and gas. When the big boys followed, the US, Canada and now Argentina found luck with shale oil. Shale oil is different from the oil sands in Canada. It is crude oil but its not streaming underground. Rather, it can be micro-seeping 10 miles down. North Dakota, a sleepy farming state is suddenly an oil state.

So, back to my point, at the point of purchasing Foresque (for prounounciation, please see below), my gut feel was that up to 2016, home sales would be increasly difficult but the rental market would lag by about 2 to 3 years because while the voters became happy after having gotten the title deeds to their flats or ECs, they still had to wait for the construction. With that, I chose the project that would TOP earlier, much earlier. In case the world economy still did not sparkle, I would have made some rental income on a 2 year lease at the very least. At the Foresque showroom, I liked the stilted concept of the towers plus someone could have backed out from a choice unit and so I took it while several potential buyers were considering it too

Pronounciation of "Foresque"

Mediterannean Europe and France may pronounce it as "Forest-ker" or "Forest-kay" but the Americans will just pronoune it as "For Resk" which sounds like "For Rest". :cheers1:

As for Petir Road, the Brits pronounce it sounding like "Peter Road" while the Aussies and Americans prounce it as "Patter Road".

Nighttrain
25-05-13, 09:16
chueec and flagship74, after your most recent post, I felt very excited but it also made me think even deeper. Though we are the only building on this stretch of Petir, aside from the two bus stops, all of us have our title deeds with the Petir Rd address. :doh:

That said, I haven't given up.

This is my story. I have lived in the area twice and with Singapore population increasing, I believe of all the suburban areas, Bt Panjang area had the most natural greenery short of going all the way to Woodlands and Sembawang. Bt Panjang is not too far from the Buona Vista area as well as the future Jurong Gateway.

Originally, I went to Rail Mall to sign up for Eco Santuary VVIP preview. At that time, the central banks of US and Europe was (and still is) outperforming Double A photocopy paper.

Fearing stagflation, I chose brick and mortar over cash. I liked Eco Santuary for the Chestnut Ave address after missing the then 900K++ for a 3 bedder Tree House. At the same time, I feared Elections 2016. (True enough, the government started to curbed property investments the next week after i registered interest with Eco Santuary and since then there had been a further round of curbing.)

Printing money is risky business. If there is no real economy stimulated to back it up, it will lead to hyperinflation and further recession i.e. depression at the same time. Today, we are aware that low interest rates has enabled small and medium enterprises in the Americas to borrow money for new technology to extract shale oil and gas. When the big boys followed, the US, Canada and now Argentina found luck with shale oil. Shale oil is different from the oil sands in Canada. It is crude oil but its not streaming underground. Rather, it can be micro-seeping 10 miles down. North Dakota, a sleepy farming state is suddenly an oil state.

So, back to my point, at the point of purchasing Foresque (for prounounciation, please see below), my gut feel was that up to 2016, home sales would be increasly difficult but the rental market would lag by about 2 to 3 years because while the voters became happy after having gotten the title deeds to their flats or ECs, they still had to wait for the construction. With that, I chose the project that would TOP earlier, much earlier. In case the world economy still did not sparkle, I would have made some rental income on a 2 year lease at the very least. At the Foresque showroom, I liked the stilted concept of the towers plus someone could have backed out from a choice unit and so I took it while several potential buyers were considering it too

Pronounciation of "Foresque"

Mediterannean Europe and France may pronounce it as "Forest-ker" or "Forest-kay" but the Americans will just pronoune it as "For Resk" which sounds like "For Rest". :cheers1:

As for Petir Road, the Brits pronounce it sounding like "Peter Road" while the Aussies and Americans prounce it as "Patter Road".wow I just bought the place because I like it, near to parents and affordable that all, never think much about the address and wat the name of the project which will affect the price in future ... Pls help to get the address change..every time ppl ask me, where ur new place and I say Petir rd, wat where is it? But I answer them near dairy farm then they know where...

Bought In
25-05-13, 11:37
if you ask me, i want to get rid of "Residences" from Foresque Residences. :ashamed1: It sounds so cliche. It should for example be just:

Foresque
123, Petir Road #12-03:ashamed1:

chueec
25-05-13, 12:49
if you ask me, i want to get rid of "Residences" from Foresque Residences. :ashamed1: It sounds so cliche. It should for example be just:

Foresque
123, Petir Road #12-03:ashamed1:
Maybe u can ask WingTai to change the entrance to the back and extend Chestnut Ave to it then can get rid of the Petir address. Chestnut Ave still much better. I always tell ppl near Dairy Farm and never say Petir.

Maybe after talking to WingTai, the company will engage you as their consultant for future projects.

gfoo
25-05-13, 14:38
Bought In a troll like YT? sound alike - outrageous and bombastic

Bought In
25-05-13, 15:12
no la, gfoo. Troll has negative connotations. This is just rethinking but does not cause harm. if it works out, we can 'atas' our property. If not, just let it be. no harm trying.

Bought In
25-05-13, 15:39
By the way, dear all, spoken to my Hutton's lead agent. 2 x 4 bedroom units to go before fully sold. I asked him to do me a favor to bounce it at Wincheer. My agent also pointed me to this:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=14086&highlight=dairy+farm+estate

Looks like got some chance la. Is our MP Balakrishnan or Teo?

Bought In
25-05-13, 16:09
Teo is our MP. Looking at his cv
http://www.parliament.gov.sg/mp/teo-ho-pin?viewcv=Teo Ho Pin
He has got building and environment type connections.

Place Contact Time
Blk 110 Gangsa Road #01-91 Singapore 670110
Tel: 67644828 Fax: 67643301
Every Monday from 8.00 pm to 10.00pm

But this monday evening I am tied up. See how.

flagship74
25-05-13, 20:11
Teo is our MP. Looking at his cv
http://www.parliament.gov.sg/mp/teo-ho-pin?viewcv=Teo Ho Pin
He has got building and environment type connections.

Place Contact Time
Blk 110 Gangsa Road #01-91 Singapore 670110
Tel: 67644828 Fax: 67643301
Every Monday from 8.00 pm to 10.00pm

But this monday evening I am tied up. See how.

Teo: wau lao eh..Not again!!:doh:

chueec
26-05-13, 16:59
People are not biting the Penthouse units and yet the prices still soaring like superman..up up and away to the sky. BTW, not long ago, I was looking at the panoramic view video clip from Penthouse as advertised at the Foresque website. The video showed good view of the reservoir but stopped before showing Bukit Timah hill. Initially, I was rather puzzled??

A few days later, I thought I found the answer...the missing horns. :ashamed1:

Bought In
27-05-13, 12:48
Chuecc, just occurred to me pecan is a nut. I checked that there isn't a Pecan Road already. Petir to Pecan maybe? Pecan Rd:D

Sunray
27-05-13, 13:24

By now, all of us would have paid the structure related 10%, making total payment of 40%. Next payments will be:

5% - on completion of WALLS of our respective units (some would have paid by now, remaining will pay as their respective units reach this stage.

5% - on completion of ROOF
5% - on completion of ELECTRICALS
5% - on completion of PARKING

25% - on TOP
15% - on LEGAL COMPLETION

I am planning on following basis:

Walls (high floor) - 30 June 2013
Roof - 31 Aug 2013
Electricals - 31 Oct 2013
Parking - 31 Dec 2013
TOP - 31 Mar 2014

I have no specific information. This is my own 'guestimation'.

I am being on optimistic sides on construction... or taking the most conservative approach for Cash flow planning. Need to plan my mortgage payments assuming the Bank pays on above dates.

chueec
27-05-13, 13:29
Chuecc, just occurred to me pecan is a nut. I checked that there isn't a Pecan Road already. Petir to Pecan maybe? Pecan Rd:D
I rather be struck by Petir than to be a Pecan...I am beginning to question your intellengentsia...dont see the logic in the change. The MP will ask you to eat Petai instead.:doh:

Sunray
27-05-13, 13:37
Only 1 unit sold in last 2 months. Balance 27 units consist of:

4BR: 2
Cabana: 14 (3BR:10, 3BR+S: 4)
Penthouses: 11 (2BR: 1, 3BR: 7, 3BR+S: 3)

Another 8 units sold. 28 still to go.

All 6 small units gone. 4br down by 2 to 3. No movements for cabana 14 units and penthouses 11 units.

They kind of got stuck witb cabana and penhouses. Wouldnt be surprised and worried if they increase discounts further to clear these 25 Umits.

]

Bought In
27-05-13, 14:04
Chuecc, cashew, hazelnut, chestnut, pecan....all nuts ma...

good info from sunray, thanks.

Bought In
27-05-13, 14:35
According to URA officer I spoke to, its possible subject to approval by a review board within their organisation. I also made known the project is not fully sold and apparently the owner can make the application online. Assuming the officer did not misunderstand me, that means Wincheer can make the change.

chueec
27-05-13, 14:40
Sunray, my impression is that you bought a unit from Eco Sanctuary, never knew you bought Foresque. Some units lower than 10 floors already paid for ceiling this month.

Bought in, I see your nut logic now. Chestnut also a nut...but Pecan sounds very not class and does not end with a nut like the rest of the 'nuts' roads.

Bought In
27-05-13, 14:44
I further looked up the meaning of ave, road, lane, walk, way etc. Assuming we ride on the popularity of Dairy Farm Road, Avenue and Way means a path leading to, in this case Dairy Farm Road. Assuming we call it Dairy Farm Avenue, Wincheer might be able to sell the remaining units faster. This should incentivise them to make the change. Anybody think there will be violent protests by existing owners?

gfoo
27-05-13, 14:53
I further looked up the meaning of ave, road, lane, walk, way etc. Assuming we ride on the popularity of Dairy Farm Road, Avenue and Way means a path leading to, in this case Dairy Farm Road. Assuming we call it Dairy Farm Avenue, Wincheer might be able to sell the remaining units faster. This should incentivise them to make the change. Anybody think there will be violent protests by existing owners?

You can only call it a Road. It's a major artery. If you want, call it Chestnut Road. It's not taken yet. Besides, Dairy Farm is so far away.

Bought In
27-05-13, 15:04
Sounds good, gfoo.

Bought In
27-05-13, 16:16
All, with Sunray's info, it seems like Wincheer should be more motivated than i am. Its at least a 50 million dollar question in their hands. So I made a call to their office and a senior official returned my call. The position taken is that so far no precedence and cannot be done. If free market economics can't convince the marketeer to give it a shot, I guess its pointless to pursue. If one googles "street renaming wiki", one finds this common in the west. A lot of other sites on the same topic appears too. With today's IT infrastructure, changing of road name should be as easy as changing the car license plate number from an administrative perspective. I am aware there are socio-political implications so just try and let the authorities decide, no harm right? I give up.

chueec
27-05-13, 16:36
As said earlier, it is unthinkable to change road name as you wish in Singapore. If I were garment, I would not agree also cos it will invite a flood of requests from people of your calibre...and all the confusion and protests from unhappy people. Just be happy with Petir and you wouldn't be wrong. This applies to changing the name of Foresque Residences.

gfoo
27-05-13, 16:49
As said earlier, it is unthinkable to change road name as you wish in Singapore. If I were garment, I would not agree also cos it will invite a flood of requests from people of your calibre...and all the confusion and protests from unhappy people. Just be happy with Petir and you wouldn't be wrong. This applies to changing the name of Foresque Residences.

i agree. be happy and contented lah!

Bought In
27-05-13, 16:54
Sigh....and btw, Petir is pronounced as "Per Tier" according to a Singaporean Malay colleague.

gfoo
27-05-13, 17:13
Sigh....and btw, Petir is pronounced as "Per Tier" according to a Singaporean Malay colleague.

you going to be moving in or renting out?

Bought In
27-05-13, 17:19
I am currently residing on St Michael's Road. Employment wise pointing to moving in. Now depending on kid's JC in 2015. If ACJC, moving in. So undecided. How about you?

gfoo
27-05-13, 17:36
I am currently residing on St Michael's Road. Employment wise pointing to moving in. Now depending on kid's JC in 2015. If ACJC, moving in. So undecided. How about you?

undecided but most likely moving in - but might wait till CSC before renovating and moving in - so maybe 2015-2016.

Bought In
27-05-13, 22:06
Wonder what is the brand of elevator they are giving? Some condos fitted with China branded lifts is a living nightmare

mastrix
27-05-13, 22:47
Why buy when you don't like the street name? :rolleyes:

Cannot imagine if everyone also put up request to change street name becos of that reasoning. How about Jalan Elok... sounds cheapo to you?

It's still location location location.

Sunray
27-05-13, 23:06
Why buy when you don't like the street name? :rolleyes:

Cannot imagine if everyone also put up request to change street name becos of that reasoning. How about Jalan Elok... sounds cheapo to you?

It's still location location location.

Bought in- impressed by your passion, drive and efforts for the change of name.

But as has been your case, people buy a property because they like it. . Location, size, price, project. Name of the road will not be in the top 30 criteria. Yes good to have a nice name but that is it. Just a good road name will not make the project sell. And if jou are still passionate, humble suggestion to start liking the petir road. Its not going to change. Accept it and start liking it. And i honestly believe its a sweet cute name.. Gives a french feel such as petit road.

Nighttrain
27-05-13, 23:08
Wonder what is the brand of elevator they are giving? Some condos fitted with China branded lifts is a living nightmare
Just Change the rd name to forest road..and the building name to Petir residences and hope every body will be happy...:banghead: :D

Bought In
27-05-13, 23:48
I already explained why i bought Foresque on Sunday. That was a right brain decision given the circumstances then. If I have the money to convert a jalan elok home to a banyan tree villa, i'll do that. Otherwise, i'll rather walk than jalan. When i was a kid, my father's house was constructed along jalan ismail by buying the land from the owner. Further down in the kebangan area, there is the jalan senang area. Nearby is Frankel Ave. Jalan Senang $psf cannot match Frankel Ave $psf forever.

mastrix
27-05-13, 23:57
We don't compare Main road (ie Frankel Ave) and a Jalan...Jalan Senang . That's why...Jalan Elok can't make comparison with Orchard Road. Still location location location. And not street name.

Any good reference that becos of lousy street name caused the property to sell at bad price?

Bought In
28-05-13, 00:30
Jalan Senang is a very long straight downhill road. You can compare price with Fidelio Street on the Frankel side. The small terraces that are more or less physically similar are the best benchmark because large homes are rare and the game is not the same. All this is perception and it depends on who and how large your target catchment is.

mastrix
28-05-13, 00:38
So...u agree that even with a ugly street name...it still can sell becos of it location lah.

Bought In
28-05-13, 04:07
Location and street name are two separate attributes. All things being equal, the property value is boosted by a trendy street name. There are articles on this all over the internet like I wrote last week.

alamak
28-05-13, 08:03
Bought in- impressed by your passion, drive and efforts for the change of name.

But as has been your case, people buy a property because they like it. . Location, size, price, project. Name of the road will not be in the top 30 criteria. Yes good to have a nice name but that is it. Just a good road name will not make the project sell. And if jou are still passionate, humble suggestion to start liking the petir road. Its not going to change. Accept it and start liking it. And i honestly believe its a sweet cute name.. Gives a french feel such as petit road.

Petir rd has its name history n tradition to ruling party.

There is no way a street name can be changed in suka suka fashion to fit some naive homeowners liking !! You own your home in the air and the street and road is public property not your common property, :doh:
Not SLA nor any other agency will or can do it. Only a new road or street can be named and even then it must blend with existing road or street.

Bought In
28-05-13, 08:40
if you read my thread, i already stated that the stretch of Petir Road beyond Chesnut Ave was not there 6 to 7 years ago. There is not much history for that stretch and only Foresque and two bus stops are using that stretch as address. I did mention that it might be sensitive to a PAP MP. Unless you work in SLA or URA, in which case, you can be useful....

Anyway, I am not interested in the name change anymore. If Wincheer Sales is not interested to get rid of their 50 million dollar inventory, why should I?

So like the Beatle song, let it be, let it be....

mastrix
28-05-13, 09:01
Big joke. Damn funny.

mastrix
28-05-13, 09:13
Petir rd has its name history n tradition to ruling party.

There is no way a street name can be changed in suka suka fashion to fit some naive homeowners liking !! You own your home in the air and the street and road is public property not your common property, :doh:
Not SLA nor any other agency will or can do it. Only a new road or street can be named and even then it must blend with existing road or street.
Agreed! At least there is stilll some mature people here :)

alamak
28-05-13, 09:21
Agreed! At least there is stilll some mature people here :)

Hmm. just a Kaypo here can't help but feel the excitement of 1st time pte homeowners here. Cheers everyone :D

mastrix
28-05-13, 09:29
Hmm. just a Kaypo here can't help but feel the excitement of 1st time pte homeowners here. Cheers everyone :D
I also kaypo here. Can't tahan to see people request to change street name just becos he bought a unit in a condo....just a unit.

Sunray
28-05-13, 09:30
Location and street name are two separate attributes. All things being equal, the property value is boosted by a trendy street name. There are articles on this all over the internet like I wrote last week.

What about changing the name to Pennsylvania avenue and the condo name to White House?

Bought In
28-05-13, 11:21
Good idea. I only have 1 unit and my 3 generations of savings is inside there. I'll do anything to make it attractive. That's why I am Bought In. I have a stake no matter if its just 1 unit.

Stakeholders please be aware of China branded lifts. Any news on what is being installed, please post. Westinghouse and Schindler preferred.

gfoo
28-05-13, 11:43

so exciting right? :)

Bought In
28-05-13, 12:00
It was but not anymore:scared-3:

Sunray
28-05-13, 13:09
It was but not anymore:scared-3:
Bought-in, Looking at the timing of your postings, seems like you did not sleep last night.. Have been attending to the forum discussion.

My friend, its normal. We all have gone through it sometime or the other in our lives.

Wing Tai is a good name and we all hope and are confident that we they will do justice to their reputation. I am sure, they will not put up Chinese lifts and all.

Just relax! Worry about the things that are in your control. Leave the rest to time and look forward to the TOP in due course of time!!

And definitely dont lose your sleep. Its not worth.

Just a friendly advice!!

Bought In
28-05-13, 13:33
Sunray, thanks. I am done here actually. .....

Bought In
28-05-13, 14:22
Sunray, thanks. I am done here actually.........

sunrise
29-05-13, 10:35
is there a possibility to convert the unsold cabana units into a convenience store or minimart. its good to have one.

Astronotus oscellatus
29-05-13, 10:53
is there a possibility to convert the unsold cabana units into a convenience store or minimart. its good to have one.

Great idea!!!

Sunray
29-05-13, 13:34

Provision of a minimart or otherwise is part of the site plan that a developer has to get approved by URA. Developers normally decide based on their commercial assessment, whether it will be profitable to them to have the minimart or not.

Any changes after original approval will need new approvals and will be difficult to get. Once the plan has been approved, it may be difficult to 'convert a dwelling unit' to minimart. Normally the minimarts are separated and isolated from the dwelling units. Image a situation that the unit next to your unit is converted to minimart with the display stands blocking the open space and high footsteps and noise throughout the day. You may have a claim against the developer if he does it after your purchase.

I assume here that being a commecial and professional organisation, they will be thinking about it on every day basis and dont need this as a new idea from the buyers. We may not have a say.

Having said so, it may still be useful to talk/write to develoer and ask for their comments.

Xu Xiao Xia
03-06-13, 13:01
Kopi tiam and econ mini mart is good thinking. Change the road name is also good thinking. But it should be called Zhenghua Road. My family is the first wave buyer. We buy 17 units. I drive Bentley convertible and I have plentiful lawyers.

sunrise
03-06-13, 14:44
Kopi tiam and econ mini mart is good thinking. Change the road name is also good thinking. But it should be called Zhenghua Road. My family is the first wave buyer. We buy 17 units. I drive Bentley convertible and I have plentiful lawyers.

care to share what you mean by plentiful lawyers? :D

Xu Xiao Xia
03-06-13, 17:57
Many family members finished study law in uk and australia. Some working in big law firm for China business. We want control of not big not small law firm very soon.

lionhill
06-06-13, 13:00
Many family members finished study law in uk and australia. Some working in big law firm for China business. We want control of not big not small law firm very soon.
maybe, you can consult your layer family members whether low profile or high profiel is better for you.

Xu Xiao Xia
06-06-13, 20:13
dunno what you mean but briefly saw your postings. looks like a well intending author.....

Xu Xiao Xia
07-06-13, 00:42
oh i understand your englee already. The way we came up, what is security?

Xu Xiao Xia
07-06-13, 19:43

HITACHI - Advanced and Critical components from Japan. Assembled in Singapore.

dare2
07-06-13, 23:31
Hitachi Elevator (China) Co., Ltd. Company Profile
Business inevitably goes up and down for Hitachi Elevator (China). An affiliate of Hitachi, it is one of the country's largest manufacturer of elevators for passengers, shipping, medical complexes, and automobiles. The company also manufactures escalators and moving sidewalks. Founded in 1996, Hitachi Elevator produces more than 30,000 elevators annually and markets them through a national sales network. The company has manufacturing plants located in Guangzhou, Shanghai, and Tianjin. Various large-scale production projects for the 2010 Shanghai Expo and the 2010 Guangzhou Asia Games keep the company busy. Hitachi owns 70% of Hitachi Elevator (China).

Xu Xiao Xia
08-06-13, 11:19
"This modern manufacturing plant in Singapore
boasts a complete team of local and Japanese
engineers geared towards providing maximum
flexibility in design and manufacturing to suit
the customer requirements.
High accuracy and efficiency in planning of
equipment layout is made possible by the most
advanced CAD system.
Equipment is made to the highest standard
of quality and reliability with modern CNC
machinery."

Above taken from pdf brochure of Hitachi Singapore (Asia Regional Hub):

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=where+are+hitacahi+elevators+made+in%3F&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&rlz=1I7ADRA_en#rls=com.microsoft:en-us&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&q=where+are+hitachi+elevators+made+in%3F&spell=1&sa=X&ei=CaGyUYCGIoqHrgeO9IDgBQ&ved=0CCwQBSgA&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47534661,d.bmk&fp=f2aecbdddfb1bbc5&biw=1262&bih=521

Key Elevator Companies Worldwide:

1. Otis
2. Hitachi
3. KONE
4. Schindler
5. Thyssen Krupp
6. Toshiba
7. Fujitec

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/business/press-releases/article/Global-and-China-Elevator-Market-Analysis-in-New-4571131.php#ixzz2VajnZGxr

Sunray
09-06-13, 13:33
Just passed by.. Building half covered with blue covers... Half without covers... Very whitish but get a feeling that its coming out well.

Sunray
09-06-13, 14:05
Just passed by.. Building half covered with blue covers... Half without covers... Very whitish but get a feeling that its coming out well.
Attaching a picture..

Nighttrain
10-06-13, 07:34
Attaching a picture..
Thank for the picture...can see some of the unit have the air con install.

kenngeow
10-06-13, 14:27
Attaching a picture..
The pic taken from which side ah? Is it from the tree house side?

Sunray
10-06-13, 22:10
The pic taken from which side ah? Is it from the tree house side?

Yes, from tree house side. From the entrance of showflat of eco sanctuary, to be exact.

kenngeow
11-06-13, 17:51
Yes, from tree house side. From the entrance of showflat of eco sanctuary, to be exact.

Great thanks, means I am looking at my unit :)

sunboy77
11-06-13, 21:49
One actual Cabana unit will be done up as a showflat soon. Should be done by sometime in July.

Those who want to be the first few to step into the compounds of Foresque can SMS me at 96882200. Doesn't matter if you had bought already. Just wanna make more friends. :)

Nighttrain
14-06-13, 07:38
Went down yesterday to the site...wow finally can see my own balcony ....hope can top next year Q2...:cheers1:

Nighttrain
14-06-13, 07:43
One actual Cabana unit will be done up as a showflat soon. Should be done by sometime in July.

Those who want to be the first few to step into the compounds of Foresque can SMS me at 96882200. Doesn't matter if you had bought already. Just wanna make more friends. :)
Bro..u mean they remove all the 3 room and 4 room show flat to build a cabana or build a new cabana within the show flat with the existing show flat

sunboy77
14-06-13, 12:41
Bro..u mean they remove all the 3 room and 4 room show flat to build a cabana or build a new cabana within the show flat with the existing show flat

They will choose one cabana unit in the actual condo and do it up as a show suite.

chueec
14-06-13, 13:55
Went down yesterday to the site...wow finally can see my own balcony ....hope can top next year Q2...:cheers1:

I like the masterbedroom balcony of 3 + S and 4 room...very unique...protruding out from the block into the air. Of course, if you drink coffee or read newapaper there, everyone else around can see you clearly...left, right, centre, top, back and underneath...exposed. :scared-1:

danntbt
21-06-13, 20:49
FR buyers, take note of changes in master plan,your unblocked view to the right towards Bt Timah might be a matter of history as the lot allocated for education institution seemed to have been shifted....http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3726/9100895850_d9bb80dd65_b.jpg

Nighttrain
21-06-13, 21:55
They will choose one cabana unit in the actual condo and do it up as a show suite.
Spoken to Philip ...he say show flat will be ready in 8. Weeks..before june next week may top...

Nighttrain
21-06-13, 22:02
Spoken to Philip ...he say show flat will be ready in 8. Weeks..before june next year may top...

flagship74
21-06-13, 23:01
cool..that's fast!:p

gfoo
22-06-13, 00:54
excellent, they're building a mall next door! hope they stick to the 15 storey height restriction for the whole area

gfoo
22-06-13, 13:21
Just went to URA masterplan. The amendments are updated, but it still shows the school in front of foresque. Geez, there are going to be a lot of schools in the area man...

gfoo
22-06-13, 15:01
just went to URA maps to countercheck. the amendments are shown on the map, but the educational plot right next to foresque is still there. the neighbourhood will be chock full of schools man....

gfoo
22-06-13, 15:01
just went to URA maps to countercheck. the amendments are shown on the map, but the educational plot right next to foresque is still there. the neighbourhood will be chock full of schools man....

Nighttrain
22-06-13, 17:20
excellent, they're building a mall next door! hope they stick to the 15 storey height restriction for the whole area
Bro..u afraid later the development block ur view is it ??? Building a mall is a good idea..but y shift the school so far away..I bought the place because of the school..rental will be affected...

highroller
24-06-13, 13:02
FR buyers, take note of changes in master plan,your unblocked view to the right towards Bt Timah might be a matter of history as the lot allocated for education institution seemed to have been shifted....http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3726/9100895850_d9bb80dd65_b.jpg

The new residential/commercial site is across the road of Foresque no?

chueec
24-06-13, 13:20
In the original Master Plan, there was another Educational Institute in this region beside the one next to Foresque. Unless we can see the entire amended plan, we cannot be sure which EI has been relocated.

gfoo
24-06-13, 20:03
Bro..u afraid later the development block ur view is it ??? Building a mall is a good idea..but y shift the school so far away..I bought the place because of the school..rental will be affected...

According to the updated masterplan, they are not relocating the school, but rather adding another school. Gee whiz!

But if they do relocate in 2013MP, then my view will only be blocked if they don't stick to the 15 Storey height limit. So far according to URA, this height limit applies to all new land sales in the area. Fingers crossed

Bought In
24-06-13, 22:15
The blue piece of land don't seem to be too huge relative to the size of of the piece of land where the buses and trucks are parked now. The land size looks like those of tightly built modern churches. They can't reach more than 8 to 10 storeys (depending on ceiling height) I would think. Unless they dig real deep, parking may also be limited. Looks like one supermart and a few hair salons type of thingy. Very Jelita-sized with limited apartments on top.

gfoo
24-06-13, 22:29
The blue piece of land don't seem to be too huge relative to the size of of the piece of land where the buses and trucks are parked now. The land size looks like those of tightly built modern churches. They can't reach more than 8 to 10 storeys (depending on ceiling height) I would think. Unless they dig real deep, parking may also be limited. Looks like one supermart and a few hair salons type of thingy. Very Jelita-sized with limited apartments on top.

Something like guthrie house would be perfect. A Marketplace or Jasons, some nice eateries and cafes, maybe a hardware store.... can already :)

Nighttrain
24-06-13, 23:17
Something like guthrie house would be perfect. A Marketplace or Jasons, some nice eateries and cafes, maybe a hardware store.... can already :)
Got 7 eleven and ntuc extra for me can Liao :cheers5:

Bought In
25-06-13, 00:08
I think even 2.1 plot ratio given the land size ists gonna be something like that
http://www.h88.com.sg/shopping/sixth_avenue_centre/images/sixth_avenue_centre_00001.JPG

But like you guys said, good enough.

sunrise
25-06-13, 09:58

it is opposite foresque and need to walk about a hundred over meters.
this project will launch between 2014 - 2015.

flagship74
25-06-13, 13:43
it is opposite foresque and need to walk about a hundred over meters.
this project will launch between 2014 - 2015.

That's quite a distance to walk.

Sunray
25-06-13, 22:17
Got 7 eleven and ntuc extra for me can Liao :cheers5:
And a beer bar for me pls:cheers3:

Sunray
25-06-13, 22:20
That's quite a distance to walk.

100 meters is only two minutes walk.. Thats not much.

paulchew
02-07-13, 19:36

looks like a T-junction at the entrance of the condo? :rolleyes:

sunrise
23-07-13, 11:16
an ah neh neh told me this project will TOP in May 2014.
thats very fast.

chueec
23-07-13, 12:05
I see quite a number of coconut trees poping up overnight...quite surprised to see them at this stage. :cheers4:

Bought In
23-07-13, 20:29
:banana: :D :blueball:

chueec
24-07-13, 12:06
[QUOTE=Bought In]:banana: The dancing banana seems to give the impression that you have successfully changed the road name to Pecan...without seeking the consensus of FR, TH and ES owners. :doh:

Bought In
24-07-13, 15:02
hee hee, dats just persuasive illustration given that only the last 3 characters need to be amended... dont know where this will go. The authorities did not reject the idea outright though - that makes me proud to be Singaporean. If it does amount to something, all the Foresque owners and Wincheer need to, I guess, come to a vote. :ashamed1:

Nighttrain
24-07-13, 22:35
I see quite a number of coconut trees poping up overnight...quite surprised to see them at this stage. :cheers4:
They mod one actual cabana to be a show flat...thus got a few tree outside will make it look better ...:ashamed1:

Sunray
25-07-13, 13:03
hee hee, dats just persuasive illustration given that only the last 3 characters need to be amended... dont know where this will go. The authorities did not reject the idea outright though - that makes me proud to be Singaporean. If it does amount to something, all the Foresque owners and Wincheer need to, I guess, come to a vote. :ashamed1:

Yes 3 letters "CAN" make all the different!
Very neatly done!!

Bought In
26-07-13, 18:48
Dear All, I made a call to the authorities today and confirmed my letter to them is under consideration. In my letter, I wrote that my main consideration was theme, which is why I used the name of a nut, as in Pecan nut. I just want everyone to know that I am not trying to name the road by my own choice. I went by "Pecan" in order to secure the best outcome. For example the frame of the street name signage need not be changed - savings. The re-stickering of the road name on the 4 bus stop roofs impacted is a much easier job as the spacing is the same - savings. As the road is currently uninhabited, the road directory for buses plying that section should not be an immediate concern. iRIS will not be affected because the bus stop numbers can stay -savings.

The authorities did not comment further than that our case is under consideration. As such, I do not have the slightest glimpse as to how the interplay between Authority and Owners cum Developer will be like. My gut feel is that there is at least a 70% chance the authorities liked my idea. The interplay will definitely cause the chances to fall as developer was not supportive in the first place which might be because of legal cost involved. Lets say on average there is a legal cost of $200 per household, 496 units mean around slightly less than $100K. Let's say Wincheer want owners to pay the legal cost, some owners might not be interested anymore. Therefore I am hoping that the authorities' consent alone is all that is required.

Back to the road name, personally, I think linking it to Dairy Farm is best for the property value. We might possibly even be re-zoned to District 21 ;)

dare2
26-07-13, 20:14
Dear All, I made a call to the authorities today and confirmed my letter to them is under consideration. In my letter, I wrote that my main consideration was theme, which is why I used the name of a nut, as in Pecan nut. I just want everyone to know that I am not trying to name the road by my own choice. I went by "Pecan" in order to secure the best outcome. For example the frame of the street name signage need not be changed - savings. The re-stickering of the road name on the 4 bus stop roofs impacted is a much easier job as the spacing is the same - savings. As the road is currently uninhabited, the road directory for buses plying that section should not be an immediate concern. iRIS will not be affected because the bus stop numbers can stay -savings.

The authorities did not comment further than that our case is under consideration. As such, I do not have the slightest glimpse as to how the interplay between Authority and Owners cum Developer will be like. My gut feel is that there is at least a 70% chance the authorities liked my idea. The interplay will definitely cause the chances to fall as developer was not supportive in the first place which might be because of legal cost involved. Lets say on average there is a legal cost of $200 per household, 496 units mean around slightly less than $100K. Let's say Wincheer want owners to pay the legal cost, some owners might not be interested anymore. Therefore I am hoping that the authorities' consent alone is all that is required.

Back to the road name, personally, I think linking it to Dairy Farm is best for the property value. We might possibly even be re-zoned to District 21 ;)

Hahaha, why don't u foot the bill, maybe u can recoup after renaming and prices shoot up...but pee can is a stupid name, haha, go pee in the can, wanna pee?...can, anywhere on pecan rd...

Bought In
26-07-13, 21:28
Hahaha, why don't u foot the bill, maybe u can recoup after renaming and prices shoot up...but pee can is a stupid name, haha, go pee in the can, wanna pee?...can, anywhere on pecan rd...

Can you please go away? We dont need Treehouse owners in our forum.

We are going to strike gold soon. And its pronounced as "Pea Kern".

Just please stay away. My idea is getting traction.

mastrix
26-07-13, 23:16
We are going to strike gold soon. And its pronounced as "Pea Kern".

Just please stay away. My idea is getting traction.

Sounds sound vulgar.

Your idea is hopelessly jejune.

Bought In
27-07-13, 00:13
Sounds sound vulgar.

Your idea is hopelessly jejune.

Another Treehouse owner. Anyway its not necessary going to be Pecan. If it were up to me, Dairy Farm Link it is. Once we fix this address thing collectively, Foresque will be the top condo there.

mastrix
27-07-13, 00:15
Another Treehouse owner. Just wait and see who will have the last laugh.
Sure. Let me give you a smile first :) ....the laugh will come later.

Bought In
27-07-13, 00:22
Sure. Let me give you a smile first :) ....the laugh will come later.

Smile, laugh, stay away.

dare2
27-07-13, 05:11
Smile, laugh, stay away.

....easier to just sell deForessque and get:
http://skywoodsdiaryfarm.net

...no need to change name and nearer MRT......otehrwise just suck your finger and sulk all you want......unfortunately your grandfather does not own this forum nor Peecan Rd....

BTW I am at Hillview and no need to pee in the can.

Bought In
27-07-13, 09:29

...no need to change name and nearer MRT......otehrwise just suck your finger and sulk all you want......unfortunately your grandfather does not own this forum nor Peecan Rd....

I see, so Dare2 and Mastrix are just schmucks. Write all you want then. I thought this forum was useful. Supporters of my idea, I thank you very much. Please understand that it is these two schmucks that make me unable to share with you further.

Bought In
27-07-13, 10:18

Btw, shmuck, my grand dad may or may not own this forum but how sure are you he does not own the roads?

dare2
27-07-13, 16:51
Btw, shmuck, my grand dad may or may not own this forum but how sure are you he does not own the roads?

WOW................................................................................................... ok...I will let you rest in peace......

Xu Xiao Xia
27-07-13, 20:19
We and Wing Tai have good friendship. They working with singapore government to name road into Candlenut Road. 99% chance. Singapore government is good. Make my property even more valuable than Treehouse EC now and we have bus stop downstairs go straight to MRT soon :D

dare2
27-07-13, 20:48
We and Wing Tai have good friendship. They working with singapore government to name road into Candlenut Road. 99% chance. Singapore government is good. Make my property even more valuable than Treehouse EC now and we have bus stop downstairs go straight to MRT soon :D
Of course any developer would love anyone who buys 17 units at one go....they would laugh all the way to the bank with you.....right TH was sold at EC price.....but without EC restriction.....Good if FR price go higher.......its ok....if FR becomes 1.6K psf or even 2K psf even better....Th will just happily tag along....no problem.....do note that bus at your door step is just a few more steps for TH....which does not enjoy the bus fume at their door steps.

sunrise
27-07-13, 21:47
Some say TH like hdb, others says like iPhone, another say flated factory.
Different angles of view.

Sunray
27-07-13, 21:52
I really dont understand why people compare FR, TH and ES. I think each of them is good in its own ways. Lets be good neighbors and hope that we all prosper together.

And by the way, i love the road name.. Petir road. Over the period of time, i have fallen in love with the name, actually more since the talk about the name change started.

Xu Xiao Xia
27-07-13, 23:57
Singapore government buy many electric bus from China. Latest model from BYD. Warren Buffet invest BYD. BYD use solar panels from us for bus rooftop. Yes, we like laugh all the way to the bank. Some of our children go to Geneva for education and we put money in the bank there. Geneva real estate also many $1000 psf but outside city is better and more expensive because Swiss like quiet life.

I asked California scientist if he has heard of Lightning Road in USA. He tell me there is one or two in red indian reserve. He tell me story during old cowboy days, there was a famous brave fighter: Chief Touch The Clouds. He was cousin of even more famous: Chief Crazy Horse.

In China, everyone fear Lightning God. So we only have Lightning River.

Road name change is good because offset pre-election 2016 price down.

dare2
28-07-13, 00:04
Some say TH like hdb, others says like iPhone, another say flated factory.
Different angles of view.
Just like you cannot dictate from which direction the sun rises even if you are sunrise......FR location is the same as TH......haha, eventually the price will even up ...regardsless of looks, same as many projects in the, e.g. Castle Green v Seasons Park in YCK.........haha lets face it no matter how TH looks its still no less in terms of location to FR, with decent facilities and landscaping.....that is why eventually if FR price goes up, TH also will follow suit.....How much premium would buyer pay for looks? 10%....:scared-4: 20%? maybe for smaller units...larger units if 20% diff would be huge difference in quantum.......and how much are FR buyers bought at compared to TH?

Petir sounds good to me, at least its not Kubur or Buroh.....Candlenut? Peacan? Are you guys still having colonial adoration syndrome, whats wrong with a local name, are you having such inferior complex that ang moh names are superior? If you have problem with the name why buy in the first place?

Hahah, that's why Wing Tai loves buyers like you.....buy now....regret later...that's your problem.

Xu Xiao Xia
28-07-13, 00:22
Take something and add value is engineering. We give support to the Candlenut name. Btw, my developer friends tell me during the 100% sold days, there was not enough time for current costing. Many projects based on historical costing. Developer feel pinch only after orders for raw materials and take long time to source for cheap. Don't know if this reason for Treehouse EC take so long to TOP.

When many foreign talent come from Indonesia, we buy up Bali Lane.

dare2
28-07-13, 07:24
Take something and add value is engineering. We give support to the Candlenut name. Btw, my developer friends tell me during the 100% sold days, there was not enough time for current costing. Many projects based on historical costing. Developer feel pinch only after orders for raw materials and take long time to source for cheap. Don't know if this reason for Treehouse EC take so long to TOP.

When many foreign talent come from Indonesia, we buy up Bali Lane.
...strange I thought you mentioned you own units in TH also....hahaha anyway none of my concern whatever TH is affected, not my problem....but its yours leh....hahahahhahahahaha

....you can pee in the can and can the nuts.....hahahhaaha must call Woodbridge liao...

sunrise
28-07-13, 07:36
...strange I thought you mentioned you own units in TH also....hahaha anyway none of my concern whatever TH is affected, not my problem....but its yours leh....hahahahhahahahaha

....you can pee in the can and can the nuts.....hahahhaaha must call Woodbridge liao...
You don't belong here don't come and stir.

sunrise
28-07-13, 07:50
Just like you cannot dictate from which direction the sun rises even if you are sunrise......FR location is the same as TH......haha, eventually the price will even up ...regardsless of looks, same as many projects in the, e.g. Castle Green v Seasons Park in YCK.........haha lets face it no matter how TH looks its still no less in terms of location to FR, with decent facilities and landscaping.....that is why eventually if FR price goes up, TH also will follow suit.....How much premium would buyer pay for looks? 10%....:scared-4: 20%? maybe for smaller units...larger units if 20% diff would be huge difference in quantum.......and how much are FR buyers bought at compared to TH?

Petir sounds good to me, at least its not Kubur or Buroh.....Candlenut? Peacan? Are you guys still having colonial adoration syndrome, whats wrong with a local name, are you having such inferior complex that ang moh names are superior? If you have problem with the name why buy in the first place?

Hahah, that's why Wing Tai loves buyers like you.....buy now....regret later...that's your problem.
This beautiful project has make u eyesore,u still have 1 chance to grab the gabana. No looking back if compare to your hillview investment.

dare2
28-07-13, 08:51
This beautiful project has make u eyesore,u still have 1 chance to grab the gabana. No looking back if compare to your hillview investment.
....hahaha, for rental...FR has no chance in comparison with those with close MRT access....by the way....so far no profitable transaction on the resale market for FR yet? The HBD/iPhone/Factory neighbour of yours have made hundreds of thousand for their original buyers....ya...lets see.....whether you can-the-nuts(to be read with HK accent....can-dur-nuts)....like the squirrels.

BTW...u mean cabana or Gabana (which rhymes with GarB_ _ _ ...

Xu Xiao Xia
28-07-13, 13:18
We had already sell units in TH after we realised the view gone and the vertical walls give it too much soft look. From Fenshui point of view, too much Ying. Foresque looks tall and has commanding presence, good balance of Ying and Yang.

On near MRT, unless you can like what some agents say "roll over" to MRT, we all know Singapore is tropical and humid. More buses to the MRT becaue of catchment area from the hdb housing estate coming soon.

Your government model the economy after Geneva and Luxembourg. $1000 psf is here forever. They keep building EC for you to afford because their real concern is Price to Income Ratio and Mortgage as Percentange of Income. These two ratios for Singapore is 3 times higher than those in Luxembourg and Geneva. That's why they keep telling you wages have not kept up with prices. To increase wages to the level of the Europeans and still have full employment is the challenge and the fastest solution is to bring in foreign talent with real substance who can command that kind of salary.

Your government is thinking ahead but maybe overlooked a little bit here and there. So they keep building EC for GE 2016 and beyond. After you are convinced of their policies, we expect the property prices to come back to stabilise at current levels. Before GE 2016 there could be a small dip. So no talking of cashing in on TH unless you short of cash.

dare2
28-07-13, 15:41
We had already sell units in TH after we realised the view gone and the vertical walls give it too much soft look. From Fenshui point of view, too much Ying. Foresque looks tall and has commanding presence, good balance of Ying and Yang.

On near MRT, unless you can like what some agents say "roll over" to MRT, we all know Singapore is tropical and humid. More buses to the MRT becaue of catchment area from the hdb housing estate coming soon.

Your government model the economy after Geneva and Luxembourg. $1000 psf is here forever. They keep building EC for you to afford because their real concern is Price to Income Ratio and Mortgage as Percentange of Income. These two ratios for Singapore is 3 times higher than those in Luxembourg and Geneva. That's why they keep telling you wages have not kept up with prices. To increase wages to the level of the Europeans and still have full employment is the challenge and the fastest solution is to bring in foreign talent with real substance who can command that kind of salary.

Your government is thinking ahead but maybe overlooked a little bit here and there. So they keep building EC for GE 2016 and beyond. After you are convinced of their policies, we expect the property prices to come back to stabilise at current levels. Before GE 2016 there could be a small dip. So no talking of cashing in on TH unless you short of cash.

I am trying to understand where you come from.....you are advising people not to cash in on TH unless short of cash, and you are also saying you cashed out on TH already....? When did you cash in?

On MRT, like it or not who would want to take a bus if one can just walk over with sheltered walkway? Actually you should support your fellow china men by buying Hillview Pig......as green. less highway noise, nearer amenities, and more importantly MRT....especially with the stratospherically high COE level...

Anyway, you sounded like a very confused investor, if you think prices gonna dip why buy now? Wait for the dip lah....

I have nothing against FR actually, but given the price, I would rather buy TH anytime, have friends/bros vested there....at EC pricing.....and they have gained on paper or already cashed in thanks to FR......but its a fact that after 2 years of launching, price for FR has actually dipped, and not gained even on paper. The TH next door has gained for some recent sellers up to 30-40% in the 3 years since it was launched.....

I doubt people is gonna pay anything more than a a 10% premium on rental for the nicer looking FR.....and do bear in mind, rental market might be facing some challenges in the coming years.....

But if you buy FR for own stay....nothing to worry about just enjoy the nice environment......

Xu Xiao Xia
28-07-13, 16:45
I am born in PRC, studied in PRC and study postgraduate in USA and holding US passport. 90% of our extended family have US passport. Those who dont have are already in their 80s.

You sound like a used car dealer talking paper loss this and that and missing the big picture.

The amount of holdings we once held in TH is very small compared to FR. The price dip following up to GE2016 is not substantial to us. We are in solar industry not real estate. We can't be bothered with the little ups and downs and trying to time the market.

Maybe you are used to being sticky and sweaty and walking 10 minutes to get to MRT. The covered walkways provide some relief which is as good as it gets.

Confused I am not but I don't know why you keep coming to this forum to stir. Like the American's like to say: "Get a life, will you?"

dare2
28-07-13, 20:55
I am born in PRC, studied in PRC and study postgraduate in USA and holding US passport. 90% of our extended family have US passport. Those who dont have are already in their 80s.

You sound like a used car dealer talking paper loss this and that and missing the big picture.

The amount of holdings we once held in TH is very small compared to FR. The price dip following up to GE2016 is not substantial to us. We are in solar industry not real estate. We can't be bothered with the little ups and downs and trying to time the market.

Maybe you are used to being sticky and sweaty and walking 10 minutes to get to MRT. The covered walkways provide some relief which is as good as it gets.

Confused I am not but I don't know why you keep coming to this forum to stir. Like the American's like to say: "Get a life, will you?"

wahahhahhahaha...get a life mate......seems like you have so much free time to ding dong with me.....business must be like swatting flies?....so which paper mill did you do your postgrad from? Your english is so poorwerfull......oh, I forgot you drives a bendly.......but HVP and Hillier is less than 3 mins from MRT leh for people with legs, 10 mins maybe for someone on clutches...

....but you are lucky....US passport let you buy properties on local terms.....

But hey....you are missing the point and digressed, obviously you dumped Th too early....if only you had bought 17 units at TH instead of FR, you would be sitting on 17x(ave 350K profit) = 5950000 profit!!!!!!!! I guess that is peanuts to you, you rather but expensive stuff to suit your image.....

dare2
28-07-13, 20:59

How did you know I am a used car dealer? I deal with used Bendly....especially those driven by lousy Foreign drivers who drives into trees in the foresque....let me know when yours is bent.....I will have tow trucks ready.....can handle 17 cars at a time.

wahahhahhahaha...get a life mate......seems like you have so much free time to ding dong with me.....business must be like swatting flies?....so which paper mill did you do your postgrad from? Your english is so poorwerfull............but HVP and Hillier is less than 3 mins from MRT leh for people with legs, 10 mins maybe for someone on clutches...oh, I forgot you drives a bendly.

....but you are lucky....US passport let you buy properties on local terms.....

But hey....you are missing the point and digressed, obviously you dumped Th too early....if only you had bought 17 units at TH instead of FR, you would be sitting on 17x(ave 350K profit) = 5950000 profit!!!!!!!! I guess that is peanuts to you, you rather buy expensive stuff to suit your image.....oh ya...maybe Peanut Drive is a better name than Candlenut.....

Xu Xiao Xia
28-07-13, 21:22
B.Sc., 1992, Fudan University; Ph.D., 1997, Princeton University. Chemical Engineering.

I am taking a dump now...or i will not find time for used car dealer mentality people.

dare2
29-07-13, 05:52
B.Sc., 1992, Fudan University; Ph.D., 1997, Princeton University. Chemical Engineering.

I am taking a dump now...or i will not find time for used car dealer mentality people.
....hahahaha sure prince.......you are in a dump.......just don't waste away with the waste.

Xu Xiao Xia
29-07-13, 11:03
i cannot understand what you are saying. And I sense that you don't have a stable job or income. You are relying on this property boom? Get a life.

Again, i finished clearing my bowels. That's all the time I can spare for frog-in-the-well mentality.

Sunray
29-07-13, 12:17
Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Also, dont get angry with him. Feel pity for him, just give him a smile!
;) ;) ;)

Xu Xiao Xia
29-07-13, 15:31
Beng Beng Motors, that message must be for you to get a life.

dare2
29-07-13, 16:19
Beng Beng Motors, that message must be for you to get a life.
Haha, I can still survive, no need to depend on family fortune, you must be shitting a lot, based on the frequency of your replies, something wrong with ur bowels? Sitting on the toilet bowl for 5 hrs ! Poor thing. Life that centers fond the loo must be agonizing.

Xu Xiao Xia
29-07-13, 20:29
i was a taking a break then. thought it be fun. how you derive at ".....5 hours..." amazes me. you are definitely Beng Motors brained.

I am now waiting for a friend who called to say will be late.

dare2
29-07-13, 22:05
i was a taking a break then. thought it be fun. how you derive at ".....5 hours..." amazes me. you are definitely Beng Motors brained.

I am now waiting for a friend who called to say will be late.

Thanks for reporting your movements.....including your bowel, it shows how intelligent a princeton grad is........wahahhahahahahah

Xu Xiao Xia
29-07-13, 23:28
ah...i did not know a used car dealer will know about Princeton...my bad. Fudan alone is more than you can ever handle. And stop fixating on my bowels, man? You've been mentioning it more than I did.

Now its just bedtime story telling.

Regulators
30-07-13, 01:01
Most successful prc I know of who graduate from Beijing uni would be based in the states where they get a higher pay. The not so successful ones who can't survive in the big apple will be in places like hk n sg. Why do u even want to come here n add to the already crowded population? U r not gd enough to survive in the states?

ah...i did not know a used car dealer will know about Princeton...my bad. Fudan alone is more than you can ever handle. And stop fixating on my bowels, man? You've been mentioning it more than I did.

Now its just bedtime story telling.

Xu Xiao Xia
30-07-13, 01:20
Please read my past post if you want to know more. Those based in the States are working for somebody, you dig? Me, I have my own family business. And I travel a lot. I come here to sell to your government.

dare2
30-07-13, 05:15
Please read my past post if you want to know more. Those based in the States are working for somebody, you dig? Me, I have my own family business. And I travel a lot. I come here to sell to your government.

wahahhahahaha good luck.....:doh: :doh: :doh: CMI from Fooldan, Sg is just a small little market.......and you are trying to base here just to sell to them....and with heavy investment in properties? I heard many PRC are parking their money overseas due to clamp down on corruption in businesses in cahoot with Govt officials there.....to avoid having their assets detected and confiscated.......or are u attracted to recent graft cases - thinking that corruption is as rampant here?

Also strange why would you want to specialize in Chem Engineering when your family is in Solar Panel business.....

Xu Xiao Xia
30-07-13, 10:11
taking my morning dump now...

beng motors really frog in the well. undergraduate is in materials engineering. Solar is multi-diciplinary

dare2
30-07-13, 13:32
Ok, apologies to the rest of FR owners, too much of digression here Liao, so will close shop and flush the toilet now, it's full of XXX s_ _ _, old habit die hard for some, even if they professed having been schooled in the US, I do simpathize you for having to bear with a whole fleet of bendedly in your car park, but lets hope the bad dream will go away soon.

Xu Xiao Xia
30-07-13, 14:20
Finally, good riddance of used-car dealer trash talk types for the Foresque fraternity. You should have closed shop sooner or we might find our Foresque (in case you decide on loaning more for something better than EC) being abused for used car trading like in the case of some condos.

p/s catching up on local online news...while dumping the remainder from the morning of course.

chueec
02-08-13, 12:51
Foresque is beginning to bloom.

The crane at blk 101 is on its way to the ground.

sunrise
02-08-13, 13:37
Foresque is beginning to bloom.

The crane at blk 101 is on its way to the ground.

they finish the roofing?

chueec
02-08-13, 18:19
The flower petals have emerged on blk 103.:)

kenngeow
02-08-13, 21:34
Yahoo, just waiting for the cranes to come down, everything should take shape after that.

zsqchx
16-08-13, 09:49

Is the Cabana showflat is ready for view?

zsqchx
16-08-13, 09:58

kenngeow
19-08-13, 19:30

Did not see anything on website yet.

Sachelz
25-08-13, 15:34
Just wondering if it's possible to hang laundry outside the kitchen window area for the 2 bedders?

http://sgproptalk.blogspot.sg/2011/05/foresque-residences-review-part-2.html
Mentioned of a retracatble laundry rack outside window in 4 bedder unit.

Nighttrain
25-08-13, 22:10
Just wondering if it's possible to hang laundry outside the kitchen window area for the 2 bedders?

just dun use the balcony area for laundry area ..if not the solid view will becoming under wear view

ethan80
25-08-13, 23:29

yes there are clothes hangar racks for all units. its specified in the floor plans catalogue.

Lagoofy
26-08-13, 00:06
yes there are clothes hangar racks for all units. its specified in the floor plans catalogue.

Just wish to find if anyone knows the orientation of the lift door openings for Blk 101? I am unable to figure out from the brochure.

Blue i
09-09-13, 18:59
Is the cabinet in the toilet be given to home owner?

Nighttrain
09-09-13, 20:13
Is the cabinet in the toilet be given to home owner?
If u purchase last year september, they even give u free study room single bed which can also be converted to study table or walk-in-wardrobe. And $100k less discount!!!

Ding
12-09-13, 19:00
Any idea for the TOP?

Nighttrain
12-09-13, 23:30
Any idea for the TOP?

Between march to june

kekinlim
13-09-13, 11:37
Between march to june

Hi Nighttrain,

Where you hear about the march to june TOP date?
I heard that only when the crane comes down then it means that construction will be completed soon...

Cant wait for TOP. :)

Kekin

kenngeow
13-09-13, 17:50
Hi Nighttrain,

I heard that only when the crane comes down then it means that construction will be completed soon...

Kekin

Just passed it today. Saw that another crane coming down. I believe block 107. Left 2 or 3 cranes now.

I think construction will be done in Oct as per an earlier post.

Also saw cranes for Eco sanctuary coming up.

ethan80
14-09-13, 18:28
anyone knows if there will be opennet installed before or after TOP?

need the MCST to be setup before they can come in, or they can directly work with the developer?

Nighttrain
14-09-13, 21:34
Hi Nighttrain,

KekinThe head of the sale agent told me..cannot disclose his name here.

Photogguy
15-09-13, 07:12
.....should be between June -Sept looking at the progress, lots of internal works and facade plus facilities need to be done up. Similar to the stage Tree House was at around this time last year.

Nighttrain
15-09-13, 08:28
.....should be between June -Sept looking at the progress, lots of internal works and facade plus facilities need to be done up. Similar to the stage Tree House was at around this time last year.

Hope so...I also doubt can be finish by next year june..but just see see look look lo.

sunrise
01-10-13, 12:11
gabana showflats takes long time to renovate or are there safety issues for viewers who enters the premises thru the back door? developer shows no concern and no updating for months.

revolve
17-10-13, 00:42
Those who are interested to view Foresque Residences's construction progress may want to visit the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foresque-Residences/

revolve
17-10-13, 00:58
Those who are interested to view Foresque Residences's construction progress may want to visit the link below:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foresque-Residences/

Oops, it should have been,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foresque-Residences/594144690636764?ref=hl

paulchew
20-10-13, 11:03
nice. thanks for sharing. :smiling-jap:

sunrise
20-10-13, 22:50
Pass by saturday evening saw few units with colorful lightings on, are they filming? Normal light should be white rite.

chueec
23-10-13, 06:09
Oops, it should have been,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Foresque-Residences/5941446906http://www.wingtaiproperty.com.sg/wing-tai-homes/uncompleted/foresque-residences6764?ref=hl

Thanks for sharing the photos in the facebook. I happened to explore the link in the facebook to Wing Tai website:

http://www.wingtaiproperty.com.sg/wing-tai-homes/uncompleted/foresque-residences

I noticed under facilities, it mentioned 'steam rooms' which I never knew exist cos they are not mentioned in the official brochures nor in the official Foresque website.

Hence, would like to check anyone who has information on this.

Any chance of getting 'steamed' in forest? :nuked:

sunboy77
05-11-13, 23:30
Anybody would like to accept my invitation to see the cabana showroom unit in one of the actual units?

Be one of the first few to step into Foresque Residences.

Details:

9 Nov, 2pm to 5pm
High tea reception provided
Contact Jonathan Pan, 96882200 :)

Nighttrain
06-11-13, 23:43
Yes I will be going..

WhiskyEddy
09-11-13, 13:49
Anyone at the showflat now? Quite crowded woh. Need to q to see the cabana showflat

kekinlim
09-11-13, 15:15
Anyone at the showflat now? Quite crowded woh. Need to q to see the cabana showflat

I was there earlier. Today is mainly for all who have already purchased. Not sure why they still have this session. Unless someone wants to buy another unit. Many people today. I am more curious looking at the internal development. Progressing pretty fast. They are building the water feature now.

kekin

Ding
09-11-13, 19:47
TOP expected between Q2 to Q3, shuttle bus goes to CCK mrt

Teak
09-11-13, 20:08

Delay?? Any photo to share??

WhiskyEddy
09-11-13, 21:46
Rainy day today, I din manage to take any photo.

The cabana showflat with ID (#01-08) is selling at $300k more, including all the ID n furniture and everything u see in the showroom, even the tableware. Wonder who will buy.

chueec
09-11-13, 23:47

Asked the agent who entertained me today on the TOP date. I was told earliest mid 2014 and latest end March 2015. Asked where this info obtained, was told info from developer.

The Cabana ceiling so very very high, must be very taxing to air cond but nice.

Took one photo shot of the outside water feature but was told photo taking not allowed. The main pool is filled with water, the shallow pool beside still no water but the concrete frame already done up.

Asked whether got steam room, the agent not sure but kind enough to ask another person probably from developer and the answer is...should have. :doh: Ma jiam not very sure.

paulchew
10-11-13, 08:11
I have had the chance to take a visit yesterday. the surrounding is really nice and i must say i am impressed. they seems to be generous in the heights. 4.75m for the cabana units as i was told. building loft in the rooms seems to be plausible but not endorsed by developer.

cabana units has water features in their unit's frontyard before the common pathways acting as some form of barriers. all blocks has security gate in getting access into, not sure if this is common access for owners from different blocks.

here's a photo i took.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/s720x720/1395122_10152021091343919_1234478740_n.jpg

revolve
10-11-13, 18:13

Check out,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fores...0636764?ref=hl

Teak
10-11-13, 21:40
Check out,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fores...0636764?ref=hl

Thank you!!!

giong
15-11-13, 11:25
Greetings to all the FR Buyers aka soon to be FR Residents :)

Any of you keen to form a Facebook Closed Group ?

We can hang out in this group to share latest relevant info of interest to residents, exchange reno ideas, collate group buys for house items, post invites to house warmings and discuss/deliberate on AGM/Management Council issues.

Basically, it will be an online platform for residents to improve Foresque Residences' worth as our endearing home and enduring asset.

If you're a FR owner, and keen to be part of the fb closed group, kindly drop me a PM or email me. If the response is decent, we can proceed :)

If there is already such a group within FB or elsewhere, please point me to it, i'd be glad to join :)

Hope to hear from the owners ;)

Cheers,
Gio

Disclaimer: I'm a licensed real estate salesperson with CBRE and a owner of a FR unit in Block 107. I'm NOT here to solicit for sales or business.

giong
17-11-13, 10:35
Just discovered someone on FB has alr started consolidating residents to form a closed group, if ur a resident and keen to join, please respond via a message via link below. U need to have a FB account :)

Link to his post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=649325071785392&id=594144690636764

His post:

Dear all residents of Foresque Residences only, with regards to the recent update on the construction progress of Foresque Residences and the likelihood of TOP-ing sometimes mid next year, it is now an appropriate time for a closed group discussion and sharing platform for Foresque Residences’ residents.

In line with the purpose of this Facebook platform to promote and share updates of Foresque residences especially for residents. This closed group platform seeks to engage participation from the residents for the following at least until Foresque Residences TOP:

1. A discrete platform for residents to get to know each other and to facilitate successful neighbourhoods through online discussion and meeting up if necessary.

2. Sharing of information pertaining to Foresque Residences’ especially the preparation work towards TOP and beyond such as renovation and following up with developer.

3. Consolidated purchases or services for coherent bargaining and better quality of work and services. (Representing majority of the residents for better bargaining of purchases and services)

4. And many other issues and suggestions which may be of interest to the residents of Foresque Residences.

Moving forward, Foresque Residences’ residents who wish to be part of this closed group platform may want to send me a private message informing of your intention with your unit number to establish yourself as a resident of Foresque Residences. (Providing unit number is preferred as the intent of this closed group is mostly discussions likely limited to the residents only)

Regards, Joe.

End of message.

Greetings to all the FR Buyers aka soon to be FR Residents :)

Any of you keen to form a Facebook Closed Group ?

We can hang out in this group to share latest relevant info of interest to residents, exchange reno ideas, collate group buys for house items, post invites to house warmings and discuss/deliberate on AGM/Management Council issues.

Basically, it will be an online platform for residents to improve Foresque Residences' worth as our endearing home and enduring asset.

If you're a FR owner, and keen to be part of the fb closed group, kindly drop me a PM or email me. If the response is decent, we can proceed :)

If there is already such a group within FB or elsewhere, please point me to it, i'd be glad to join :)

Hope to hear from the owners ;)

Cheers,
Gio

Disclaimer: I'm a licensed real estate salesperson with CBRE and a owner of a FR unit in Block 107. I'm NOT here to solicit for sales or business.

paulchew
18-11-13, 20:15
nice. great to see fellow residents here. ;)

I just add myself into the group and I understand Joe is still working out the nitty witty group which proved to be quite a challenge, esp on privacy security concerns. Closed group will still leak out your identity in participating given the group is searchable. thus if you want to remain anonymous, advise not to join since you can't join groups as a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Foresquepcg/

kenngeow
19-11-13, 09:42
nice. great to see fellow residents here. ;)

I just add myself into the group and I understand Joe is still working out the nitty witty group which proved to be quite a challenge, esp on privacy security concerns. Closed group will still leak out your identity in participating given the group is searchable. thus if you want to remain anonymous, advise not to join since you can't join groups as a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Foresquepcg/

My thoughts exactly, I am not comfortable in giving out my unit number over the internet.

Anyone knows if we can visit the showroom anytime without an invite or reservation as an owner and not a potential buyer?

rymccondo77
19-11-13, 16:20
My thoughts exactly, I am not comfortable in giving out my unit number over the internet.

Anyone knows if we can visit the showroom anytime without an invite or reservation as an owner and not a potential buyer?

Just to share some of my thoughts on FB groups for developments (I am an admin for a Facebook group for another development):

(1) A Facebook group has its advantages as things about the development (e.g. construction progress, loan / payment matters, interior design / renovation ideas and recommendations, group buys, children's education like which school to go to in the vicinity, etc.) can be discussed internally and more freely among members.

It can foster better relationships among future neighbours - my group already has several big and small gatherings - when people see each other face-to-face, they don't (usually) become a keyboard warrior anymore :)

(2) Disadvantages are that members of a group can don't see eye to eye on certain matters and this can need to quarrels and squabbles that lead to divisions in the group.

Here you need strong administrator(s) and clear ground rules of engagement in the FB group e.g. no attacks on another member or other developments, keeping things confidential within the group, no (aggressive) advertising by members / owners who are also vendors, etc.

Offending members would be removed from the group.

(3) One critical aspect is to ensure only buyers (and their families) are allowed in the group. For this, some groups (via the administrator) insist on a person showing a photo of the OTP or S&P document with the unit number info indicated (rest of the information can be covered up) before he / she is accepted as a member. Other groups are less strict - the person just indicate the unit info.

(4) For those who want anonymity, well you can always set up a separate FB account for the purposes of joining the FB group. You still need to provide your unit info to the FB group administrator but your identity can be concealed.

Note: You need to trust the administrator with the unit info and I can say that administrators of the group can be trusted - they are "volunteers" and do the administration because they genuinely want to help other (future) neighbours and foster good relationships in the development.

(5) There are closed groups (u can see who are in the group) and there are secret groups (only can be seen by members).

A key advantage of closed groups are that genuine owners can search and find the group, and then request to join in. One main disadvantage of closed groups is what was mentioned earlier - people can see that you are in the group.

Personally, I don't mind people knowing that I live in a particular development but I recognise that there are others who do not want to reveal where they live.

So for secret groups, a key advantage is that no one knows you are in the group except for your fellow group members. Disadvantage is that owners can't find the group, so the group needs to find other means to publicise that such a group exist. This can be done through the many forums on the internet (e.g. this forum and others like Hardwarezone, My Hometown and sites that focus on specific parts of Singapore; and on Facebook open groups on the development).

One possible approach is to start with a closed group but once there is a sufficient number of members (this number vary depending on the number of units in the development), change the status of the group into a secret group.

(6) One final note - be careful of groups that are actually set up by vendors but the vendors do not own a unit in the development. They will label the group as "official owners" group. You can find out if the site is set up by a vendor by looking at who are the administrators / members or by looking at the FB page of the administrator(s).

mermaidtales
20-11-13, 12:23
The just-released URA draft Masterplan 2013 does not show much development apart from a mixed residential-commercial development diagonally opposite Foresque. This may not be a bad thing.

danntbt
20-11-13, 13:37
The just-released URA draft Masterplan 2013 does not show much development apart from a mixed residential-commercial development diagonally opposite Foresque. This may not be a bad thing.

Unfortunately.......the site for educational use next to foresque is now for residential....your unblocked view might be affected.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/10957155635_2dd1a32e9c_b.jpg

chueec
20-11-13, 15:18
The educational site along Dairy Farm road was not there in the earlier master plan. I had the feeling long ago that it might be replacing the one next to Foresque but no one could confirm it when I asked in the forum much earlier until today's announcement.

I hate surprises, that was the reason why I bought one unit facing Tree House even though I really loved the Bukit Timah Hill view. If I could afford to buy a high floor unit then maybe not an issue. :2cents:

mermaidtales
20-11-13, 16:12
Ah ok, didn't notice the residential site. My unit faces Petir Road. The new residential site would just make the whole stretch very crowded - but it's the same everywhere.

kenngeow
27-11-13, 21:12
Just passed it today. Looks like the last crane is coming down.

Nighttrain
28-11-13, 22:51
Just passed it today. Looks like the last crane is coming down.

My lawyer call me to pay another 5% for the completion of false ceiling..

sunrise
01-12-13, 16:34
Passby today saw blk 101 near completion. The wall and glass panel really striking. Top notch workmanship.

Photogguy
02-12-13, 15:12
Passby today saw blk 101 near completion. The wall and glass panel really striking. Top notch workmanship.

...wah:scared-4::doh: top notch eyesight to be able to discern workmanship with a glance while passing by......

sunrise
02-12-13, 17:12
...wah:scared-4::doh: top notch eyesight to be able to discern workmanship with a glance while passing by......

sibei swee. saliva drop leow.
do you know who supply the glass panel? :D:D:D

kenngeow
03-12-13, 16:03
sibei swee. saliva drop leow.
do you know who supply the glass panel? :D:D:D

which glass panel were you referring to ah?

WhiskyEddy
11-12-13, 17:42
this is a common problem which is very easy to fix. most people will build a fake wall, plant, etc, as long as its not shoe cabinet. For a living room to feel good, the passage way must not be block.

Can shed some light why cannot be shoe cabinet?

anyone tot about where to put the shoe cabinet for C2 type?

WhiskyEddy
11-12-13, 20:12
Taken today near BKE dairy farm entrance.

danntbt
28-12-13, 07:57
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2855/11594183905_29717f442c_b.jpg

Photogguy
28-12-13, 16:45
Both development has the same number of floors, foresque has something like 8 floors of void, but the building height is only slightly higher than tree house, does that mean the floor to ceiling height at foresque is significantly lower? Tree house has 2.9 floor to ceiling(3.15m floor to floor).

danntbt
28-12-13, 20:18
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2840/11214916106_be8a0285b1_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7336/11265071503_72872afab6_k.jpg

sunrise
28-12-13, 22:34
Both development has the same number of floors, foresque has something like 8 floors of void, but the building height is only slightly higher than tree house, does that mean the floor to ceiling height at foresque is significantly lower? Tree house has 2.9 floor to ceiling(3.15m floor to floor).

the void is only 4 storey high and how you get 8 storey? your eyesight quite serious leow. :scared-4:

Photogguy
28-12-13, 22:46
the void is only 4 storey high and how you get 8 storey? your eyesight quite serious leow. :scared-4:
haha maybe a bit exaggerated, but technically the building should be 4 storey higher then....but its not....some more the base level is raised up by the car park deck...and not forgetting cabana unit is almost 2X the typical height at 4.5M...so its close as was mentioned to me by an agent that the 2nd floor is close to the same level as 8th storey ...but for sure to me....cannot tell workmanship from this distant.....hahahhahaha

sunrise
28-12-13, 23:17
[quote=Photogguy;453797]haha maybe a bit exaggerated, but technically the building should be 4 storey higher then....but its not....some more the base level is raised up by the car park deck...and not forgetting cabana unit is almost 2X the typical height at 4.5M...so its close as was mentioned to me by an agent that the 2nd floor is close to the same level as 8th storey ...but for sure to me....cannot tell workmanship from this distant.....hahahhahaha[/quote

only those pillars are void area, gabana is a home with unit number.
mai luan luan kon.

flagship74
29-12-13, 08:35
[quote=Photogguy;453797]haha maybe a bit exaggerated, but technically the building should be 4 storey higher then....but its not....some more the base level is raised up by the car park deck...and not forgetting cabana unit is almost 2X the typical height at 4.5M...so its close as was mentioned to me by an agent that the 2nd floor is close to the same level as 8th storey ...but for sure to me....cannot tell workmanship from this distant.....hahahhahaha[/quote

only those pillars are void area, gabana is a home with unit number.
mai luan luan kon.

li kon simi lampard..:doh:

danntbt
29-12-13, 08:46
To be fair, photogguy may not be entirely wrong, indeed, foresque's #02 is at treehouse's 9th or 10thfloor, you can go to the open stretch behind the two and compare the levels,.

Photogguy
29-12-13, 08:54
No need to be so defensive nor implied vulgarity, it just reflects poorly on you, we can always counter in a civil way, apologies for the sarcarsm earlier, but that's part of the perils of anonymity when posting online......let's let facts rule the day rather than argument thru words that have no basis.....any of you been to the site lately, and take a good look? I ride the trail regularly every week.....

wt_know
29-12-13, 09:02
TH vs FR ... which one will "suffer" more from BKE traffic noise especially when bikers and racers whack their exhaust and also msia lorries.

sunrise
29-12-13, 10:33
To be fair, photogguy may not be entirely wrong, indeed, foresque's #02 is at treehouse's 9th or 10thfloor, you can go to the open stretch behind the two and compare the levels,.

The pillar can be measure with a ruler and divided by the unit height.

sunrise
29-12-13, 10:43

I never see foresque owner compare with their neighbors, only treehouse owner insist to compare all the time. The psf already tell its a different class between them.

danntbt
29-12-13, 16:26
I never see foresque owner compare with their neighbors, only treehouse owner insist to compare all the time. The psf already tell its a different class between them.

...er ok, was not intending to compare, anyway thathotogguy is not a owner if I can recall, sorry, was just being helpful in posting photos to update and stating fact over some dispute in comparison, I shall refrain from posting in this thread then.

Photogguy
29-12-13, 16:33
TH vs FR ... which one will "suffer" more from BKE traffic noise especially when bikers and racers whack their exhaust and also msia lorries.

Aiyah, of course the one which is high class with high psf $ cos it cost more but share the same air and noise quality.....hahahaha.....esp those on higher floor...which ironically cost even more.....per decibel and psi....

gfoo
29-12-13, 17:01
...er ok, was not intending to compare, anyway thathotogguy is not a owner if I can recall, sorry, was just being helpful in posting photos to update and stating fact over some dispute in comparison, I shall refrain from posting in this thread then.

Appreciating these photos bro, please keep em coming!

The void space stilts seem to be just about 5 stories in height. Thus if the cabana is 4.5m, then a typical third floor unit is about the 7-8 storey height. But it does seem that typical units are about 2.6-2.8m in height.

One good thing for all is that URA has confirmed that all new, future developments in the area shall not exceed 15 storeys in height to preserve the character of the area.

clemdale24
29-12-13, 21:27
actually how do the 3 projects compare to each other? foresque, treehouse and eco sanctuary. im not familiar with this area but looking at the map their locations are very similar. plot size wise, i think EC is bigger than the other 2. but otherwise, how do they match up?

giong
07-01-14, 11:32
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7336/11265071503_72872afab6_k.jpg

Danntbt, love your pics, esp the last one, can see my unit at Foresque overlooking the blue waters of Tree House :)

the next time you're up for more photoshooting, do you mind heading over to Blk 66, stand somewhere at the middle of the block, facing the pool, and shoot some shots over to Blk 107 n 109 at Foresque?

betters still, if yuo can climb up to somewhere around lvl 15 of blk 66 and shoot across the pool to blk 107 n 109 :)

wanna have a good sense of how my balcony looks like from Blk 66 Tree House :cheers3:

danntbt
07-01-14, 12:01
actually how do the 3 projects compare to each other? foresque, treehouse and eco sanctuary. im not familiar with this area but looking at the map their locations are very similar. plot size wise, i think EC is bigger than the other 2. but otherwise, how do they match up?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8053/8143303689_50f7a8e839_b.jpg

mastrix
07-01-14, 13:42
Danntbt, love your pics, esp the last one, can see my unit at Foresque overlooking the blue waters of Tree House :)

the next time you're up for more photoshooting, do you mind heading over to Blk 66, stand somewhere at the middle of the block, facing the pool, and shoot some shots over to Blk 107 n 109 at Foresque?

betters still, if yuo can climb up to somewhere around lvl 15 of blk 66 and shoot across the pool to blk 107 n 109 :)

wanna have a good sense of how my balcony looks like from Blk 66 Tree House :cheers3:
you might as well tell Danntbt the exact unit you want him to shoot. He got a super lens can zoom all the way in for you. :)

flagship74
07-01-14, 15:21
you might as well tell Danntbt the exact unit you want him to shoot. He got a super lens can zoom all the way in for you. :)

Wah auntie..u still around ah!:D