PDA

View Full Version : Foresque Residences

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

danntbt
15-05-11, 21:19
eh

2.2 mio for 18oo ish sqft .... expensive meh ?

i just bought a old condo in D10 in jan 2011 for 2.1 mio .......

it scares me to know that many people are buying condo ... and finding 2mio expensive ...
.....why scared? afraid your condo won't appreciate isit? Not everyone got high nett worth like you......so you better be scared liao....

DC33_2008
15-05-11, 21:45
Why FH in D5? Any good project to share?
2200 sqft ... 4 bedrooms ?
with built in say 1700 sqft + 500 sqft terrace ?

i rather buy a FH in D5

proud owner
15-05-11, 22:33
.....why scared? afraid your condo won't appreciate isit? Not everyone got high nett worth like you......so you better be scared liao....

my fear is not about my props not appreciating in value

its about people finding a 2 mio condo expensive ...

yes it is ..compared to 2005

didnt we read so much in this site about hike in salary and bonus etc etc
so why still find a 2 mio ..3 bedder condo of at least 1300 sqft as expensive ?

proud owner
15-05-11, 22:36
Why FH in D5? Any good project to share?

i am comparing Pent houses ...
a FH PH in D5 costs below 1000 psf ...

so why pay 1000 psf for D23 ... 99 yrs LH ... next to highway ?
they may be plans for D23 in the future.. but right now ..theres still ntg but traffic jam in the morning ....

kingkong1984
15-05-11, 23:20
My friend when today & check one of the Cabana unit size 1528sf, agent quoted after discount is $1.8m:scared-4:
That is $1178psf lor!!!

And he told me lot of wastage which the size included lots of outside area, so the actual build-in inside maybe ard 1100sf

Might as well pay a bit more for cluster housing. Dallavale, or cabana or even spring hill etc.

Can got FH landed for that kind of price also.

Xan
16-05-11, 00:14
Might as well pay a bit more for cluster housing. Dallavale, or cabana or even spring hill etc.

Can got FH landed for that kind of price also.

Hehe...smart! Size matters.
Esp when Units are getting smaller and smaller.
500sqft can now squeeze in 2 bedroom. Must really salute those developers.

danntbt
16-05-11, 05:28

.......people finding it expensive becos not everyone get the same hike in salary and the same bonuses as you....we are mostly average income earner not high flyers like some.....if everyone is like you...thre is definitely room for more increase.........

danntbt
16-05-11, 05:30
so why still find a 2 mio ..3 bedder condo of at least 1300 sqft as expensive ?[/QUOTE]
Not everyone has as much salary hike nor bonuses like you hear....we are the average income earner unlike you.....

Lovelle
16-05-11, 09:30
i think bankers still getting good $$

devilplate
16-05-11, 09:38
Can try asking any agt....see whether they say easier to sell a 1mil or 2mil condo now:D

U can advertise a 2mil n above ppty on st, hardly any calls

So whr the richie rich goes to?:confused:

mantrix
16-05-11, 09:49
Ultimately it's the quantum that matters - hence 800 sq ft 3 bedders still selling...

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 09:54
rich dun buy 2m lah. they buy 5m and above. LOL. :tongue3:

2m get caught by the LTV as u said. Sellers hard to find buyers and buyers cautious nor want to fork out so much cash upfront.

1m seems the norm for agents to sell like hotcakes (is it still?) these days.

april home sales numbers out today, should be a big number. :D

Can try asking any agt....see whether they say easier to sell a 1mil or 2mil condo now:D

U can advertise a 2mil n above ppty on st, hardly any calls

So whr the richie rich goes to?:confused:

Wild Falcon
16-05-11, 09:56
$2 million and aboe might be within reach of many. But some prefer not to put too many eggs in one basket, esp SG property with lots of new supply coming onstream and regulatory overhang. Honestly, I wouldn't touch anything above $1.5 million now. It's about diversification and spreading of risk. Unless one is still looking for a first primary residence for own stay, I don't see the need in investing a single $2 million property now.

proud owner
16-05-11, 10:08
Not everyone has as much salary hike nor bonuses like you hear....we are the average income earner unlike you.....[/quote]

BUT just last year .... almost everyone in this site was saying .. big money ... big bonus ... etc etc

now i am hearing from you that its not true ...

at that time i did try to post that only a niche group is gettin good B ...but everyone seemed to give a damn bright scenario ...

flashy cars etc etc ...

wasnt there a thread on CARs too ?

now i am even more worried ...

devilplate
16-05-11, 10:30
Not everyone has as much salary hike nor bonuses like you hear....we are the average income earner unlike you.....

BUT just last year .... almost everyone in this site was saying .. big money ... big bonus ... etc etc

now i am hearing from you that its not true ...

at that time i did try to post that only a niche group is gettin good B ...but everyone seemed to give a damn bright scenario ...

flashy cars etc etc ...

wasnt there a thread on CARs too ?
Vy gd bonus in general leh....3mth bonus is better den 1mth bonus rite?:tongue3:

Hard to accumulate 1mil spare cash....majority butt itchy when they got 300-500k cash on hand.....how many can resist of not investing in ppty until they accumulate 1mil?

now i am even more worried ...[/QUOTE]

devilplate
16-05-11, 10:32
rich dun buy 2m lah. they buy 5m and above. LOL. :tongue3:

2m get caught by the LTV as u said. Sellers hard to find buyers and buyers cautious nor want to fork out so much cash upfront.

1m seems the norm for agents to sell like hotcakes (is it still?) these days.

april home sales numbers out today, should be a big number. :D
Ya....ps...below 2mil consider average liao....papermoney super shrinks:hell-hath-no-fury:

Hows the sales for 3mil++?

I dun hf anything of such px tag to test market:o

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 10:35
recently so quiet until u can see in URA website yourself, hardly anything transacts above 3m whether landed or condo. LOL.

Ya....ps...below 2mil consider average liao....papermoney super shrinks:hell-hath-no-fury:

Hows the sales for 3mil++?

I dun hf anything of such px tag to test market:o

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 10:40
so how? are resources being over-allocated to units which we dun really need? ie small units?

Vy gd bonus in general leh....3mth bonus is better den 1mth bonus rite?:tongue3:

Hard to accumulate 1mil spare cash....majority butt itchy when they got 300-500k cash on hand.....how many can resist of not investing in ppty until they accumulate 1mil?

proud owner
16-05-11, 10:43
so how? are resources being over-allocated to units which we dun really need? ie small units?

highly possible ...

i still preach ( since 2009 ) to buy big units..

rather accumulate $ to buy a big unit then 2-3 small ones ..

this strategy may not be as profitable .. BUT at the end of the day .. you are the rare few who owns big unit ...

devilplate
16-05-11, 10:47
highly possible ...

this strategy may not be as profitable .. BUT at the end of the day .. you are the rare few who owns big unit ...
Better to buy smaller units first when the tide started rising mah rite....
By the time u accumulated enuff, the px oredi sky high...no?:D

Anyway, i will b guning for bigger units for nxt cycle....:spliff:

Wud b nice to hf smthing like meier suites or sky11:D

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 10:50
yes. personally for me, i would do that. but i also agree with wild falcon that most pple would diversify to buy units that are < 1.5m. its also more manageable for pple who cannot afford to have one big unit not rented out. at least 1 out of 3 small ones not rented out is still alright.

everyone has a different profile which suits themselves.

i think only few years down the road when interest rates go up then this small QUANTUM craze will die down. LOL.

highly possible ...

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 10:57
i seriously do not think i will be buying anything between now and the next cycle liao. LOL. :)

devilplate
16-05-11, 10:57
So far, still got many budget conscious faked talents looking for 1bedders wif budget 2-3k....

I find it much easier to find 2.5k tenants den for eg. clift....now the rental at clift vy competitive wif 1shenton coming on board....:(

Not enuff real talents to support high rental

Rental yield at the sail getting poor also....3-3.5%gross yield now:doh:

devilplate
16-05-11, 11:00
i seriously do not think i will be buying anything between now and the next cycle liao. LOL. :)
I mean nxt downturn:D

4yrs ssd kills my interest totally too:)

proud owner
16-05-11, 11:01
So far, still got many budget conscious faked talents looking for 1bedders wif budget 2-3k....

I find it much easier to find 2.5k tenants den for eg. clift....now the rental at clift vy competitive wif 1shenton coming on board....:(

Not enuff real talents to support high rental

Rental yield at the sail getting poor also....3-3.5%gross yield now:doh:

i dont mean to be sarcastic or cynical ...

remember i was arguing with so many here ... that rental is NOT picking up ...

if it is .. why do some still finding it hard to rent out their units ? dont think they are asking for sky high rent right ?

devilplate
16-05-11, 11:18

if it is .. why do some still finding it hard to rent out their units ? dont think they are asking for sky high rent right ?
Did u rent out ur 2mil ppty in d10? How much u fetch?

Rental picked up since 09 but stays stagnant for abt 1qtr liao

Mabe px hit the peak liao?

The sail for eg...2bedder 5k tenancy , asking 2mil...damn low...
Buy clift better...1.1mil 1bedder can fetch 3.8k-4k:D :D :D

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 11:27
they are no longer here with us, those pple. or they will quote the URA data which says rents are picking up. LOL.

proud owner
16-05-11, 11:30
Did u rent out ur 2mil ppty in d10? How much u fetch?

Rental picked up since 09 but stays stagnant for abt 1qtr liao

Mabe px hit the peak liao?

The sail for eg...2bedder 5k tenancy , asking 2mil...damn low...
Buy clift better...1.1mil 1bedder can fetch 3.8k-4k:D :D :D

no not rented out ...

keeping it for own use when i come back for home leave ... sick of staying in hotel

kingkong1984
16-05-11, 12:33
Another Firesale

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/4085768/for-sale-primo-residences

Should be stack 15. $467k only???

devilplate
16-05-11, 12:41
Another Firesale

Should be stack 15. $467k only???
Asking 670k lah....valuation shd b 700k though

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 12:54
1901 units sold in Apr, i have summarised the top 30 sales in Property market sentiments 2011" thread. ;)

DC33_2008
16-05-11, 12:59
I will still prefer to buy smaller ones (<1.5 mil) when the market is picking up and buy bigger ones when there is a major correction.

kingkong1984
16-05-11, 13:36
Asking 670k lah....valuation shd b 700k though

read it now.

Asking 80k below value? Read the Description, asking $4670k, should be $467k. Maybe bluff one

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 13:54
bro, the guy wanted to type $670k but forgot to press shift, thus became 4670. so actually its asking $670k.

read it now.

Asking 80k below value? Read the Description, asking $4670k, should be $467k. Maybe bluff one

kingkong1984
16-05-11, 15:26
OIC... no wonder.. misleading!

Hahaha

amk
16-05-11, 21:20

U never read my personal story of a 2.#m unit sold within 2 weeks ? ;)

Personally I really dun know how to read this market now. That's why I want to see what the NUS data said. On Wed all the houses will publish research reports also. See what they say. I suspect foreign buying is surging.

bargain hunter
16-05-11, 21:57
but your story is about in D9 and D10. outside of CCR, its a tough market for $2m homes.

Personally I really dun know how to read this market now. That's why I want to see what the NUS data said. On Wed all the houses will publish research reports also. See what they say. I suspect foreign buying is surging.

devilplate
16-05-11, 21:58
but your story is about in D9 and D10. outside of CCR, its a tough market for $2m homes.
Ccr shd be above 3mil?

devilplate
16-05-11, 22:00

Which project u refering?

bargain hunter
17-05-11, 08:30
"At Wing Tai Holdings' 496-unit Foresque Residences at Upper Bukit Timah, around 100 units have been sold at about $1,100-1,300 psf, sources said."

DC33_2008
17-05-11, 09:59
It's amazing! :scared-4:
"At Wing Tai Holdings' 496-unit Foresque Residences at Upper Bukit Timah, around 100 units have been sold at about $1,100-1,300 psf, sources said."

rattydrama
17-05-11, 17:55

OCR prices and sales are heading North before CCR jumps. The question is when?

danntbt
17-05-11, 20:30

... you seemed to have a very simplistic analysis....what figures are you basing on in terms of salary increrase? assuming most have 500K, 1.5 mil loan for say 30 yrs could work out to at lease 5-6K, but then how many in the 30s have 500K in hand so loan quantum say max at 80% still need 400k deposit....how many can afford 5-6K insatallment on top of average $600-$1000 car loan plus conservancy average say $600 for 2mil property?

You are now saying there are many with minimally 12-15K monthly income?

kingkong1984
17-05-11, 20:37
Excellent point, work from bottom up, cater to top 10 percent is already very difficult and yet trying to target top 5 percent.

Try marketing overseas buyers, ,maybe got better luck.

Age 21, starting pay 4k scenario, save 50 percent, after 5 years can save 2k x 12 x 5 = 120k only. No cars and if marry a partner with same income, 240k only. Barely can afford 1 million tag as gotta put stamp and Reno aside. If using CPF, best case 1.5 million, how to hit 2 million?

dtrax
18-05-11, 04:05
21 yo 4k? Do what job sia can earn so much. Secondly, you need to factor in pay increment. I have friends standard uni graduate now 27 yrs old, hitting 5k and expected salary after 3-4yrs will be in 6-7k range as engineers. If dual income no kids, I think still possible to chiong $1mil without family commitment and car loans

danntbt
18-05-11, 05:12
21 yo 4k? Do what job sia can earn so much. Secondly, you need to factor in pay increment. I have friends standard uni graduate now 27 yrs old, hitting 5k and expected salary after 3-4yrs will be in 6-7k range as engineers. If dual income no kids, I think still possible to chiong $1mil without family commitment and car loans
...it sprecisely these people who are worried the property would not be within their reach in 3-4 yrs time, but they do not think that by asking for policies to stop the prices from rising, they overlook that the upgraders also depend on appreciating price to finance their upgrade...

kingkong1984
18-05-11, 06:53
Just an assumption, roughly there.

You need to look for up graders who sold their property for profit or those in mid 40s.

Also excluded bonuses and stock market gains.

chiaberry
18-05-11, 07:45
highly possible ...

These days what size is considered a BIG unit?

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 08:48
PM sponsors:scared-2: .
Excellent point, work from bottom up, cater to top 10 percent is already very difficult and yet trying to target top 5 percent.

Try marketing overseas buyers, ,maybe got better luck.

Age 21, starting pay 4k scenario, save 50 percent, after 5 years can save 2k x 12 x 5 = 120k only. No cars and if marry a partner with same income, 240k only. Barely can afford 1 million tag as gotta put stamp and Reno aside. If using CPF, best case 1.5 million, how to hit 2 million?

danntbt
18-05-11, 09:07
Proud owner
...you buy big unit to feel that you are the provelege few?...now i understand your nick....

proud owner
18-05-11, 09:16
... you seemed to have a very simplistic analysis....what figures are you basing on in terms of salary increrase? assuming most have 500K, 1.5 mil loan for say 30 yrs could work out to at lease 5-6K, but then how many in the 30s have 500K in hand so loan quantum say max at 80% still need 400k deposit....how many can afford 5-6K insatallment on top of average $600-$1000 car loan plus conservancy average say $600 for 2mil property?

You are now saying there are many with minimally 12-15K monthly income?

u dun get it ...
maybe you should read all my posting ...

i was always the one who didnt believe that rental has picked up , that salary has jumped.
but the last 1-1.5yrs... so many in the forum have argued that the prpperty prices have gone up becos bonus and salary has gone up alot..
which i have been trying to dispute ..

when i said HDB upgraders buying condo which is smaller than their HDB is NOT UPGRADING but a downgrade ...people said HDB owners are rich ..etc etc

yes there are some .. but majority are not ..

people are able to afford those ridiculous psf becos the size gets smaller ..which some here said ...Quantum is key .. true ..becos these buyers have no money ..can only afford to buy smaller and smaller units ..

thats why i am worried that many buyers actually dont have the money to buy what the want.. but go for small units ...

get it ?

devilplate
18-05-11, 09:26
thats why i am worried that many buyers actually dont have the money to buy what the want.. but go for small units ...

get it ?

wat u worry about?:beats-me-man:

prudent better den overspend rite?

proud owner
18-05-11, 09:38
These days what size is considered a BIG unit?

comfortably ... 3 bedroom 1500 sqft and up
2000 sqft for 4 bedroom

i am just used to space ..

i havent moved my criteria since 2006 ...

those who follow my post will know i always preach for big unit

chiaberry
18-05-11, 09:39
u dun get it ...

i was always the one who didnt believe that rental has picked up , that salary has jumped.
but the last 1-1.5yrs... so many in the forum have argued that the prpperty prices have gone up becos bonus and salary has gone up alot..

get it ?

I agree with you. I think property has outstripped salary increase. And rental has lagged behind property px. The redeeming factor is low interest rates.

A possible bubble exists in the MM market and esp the OCR MM market. If economy goes down and interest rates go up.........the bubble might burst. See how many owners can hold on. I believe many local owners have stretched themselves to the limit.

proud owner
18-05-11, 09:41
Proud owner
...you buy big unit to feel that you are the provelege few?...now i understand your nick....

no i just enjoy space ...

older projects tend to have bigger unit and less useless baywindows, planters and balconies

with so many people buying mm units ..with so many enblocs which removed the big units to build more mm units..

dont u think in time to come .. spacious units will be rare ?

i rather buy them now ...enjoy the space ..then to squeeze in mm units ..and wait for family size to grow then move to big unit ..by which time ..how many can afford big units ? if they alrady find 2 mio expensive now ?

devilplate
18-05-11, 09:42
I agree with you. I think property has outstripped salary increase. And rental has lagged behind property px. The redeeming factor is low interest rates.

A possible bubble exists in the MM market and esp the OCR MM market. If economy goes down and interest rates go up.........the bubble might burst. See how many owners can hold on. I believe many local owners have stretched themselves to the limit.

vy funny...MM is still a small market in term of %

u shd worry abt the big units.....those who overleverage.....installment 5-10k/mth.....cannot find tenants....suck thumb

devilplate
18-05-11, 09:45
no i just enjoy space ...

older projects tend to have bigger unit and less useless baywindows, planters and balconies

with so many people buying mm units ..with so many enblocs which removed the big units to build more mm units..

dont u think in time to come .. spacious units will be rare ?

i rather buy them now ...enjoy the space ..then to squeeze in mm units ..and wait for family size to grow then move to big unit ..by which time ..how many can afford big units ? if they alrady find 2 mio expensive now ?

the overall market now, MM still vy little %....u see many silly boutique apts launching MM units and u tot they r many of them....

salary lags behind ppty px....so u buy big units....nxt time sell to who?

proud owner
18-05-11, 09:49
vy funny...MM is still a small market in term of %

u shd worry abt the big units.....those who overleverage.....installment 5-10k/mth.....cannot find tenants....suck thumb

lets redefine mm

when it first started mm was referred to those studio, 1 bedder units of 400-600 sqft

over the last 1-1.5 yrs ... mm disease spread to 2 and 3 bedders ..now 700-900 sqft for a 3 bedder ..

mind you ... the sqft includes balcony ...

so when one buys a 3 bedder ... of 1000 sqft ... to me its still mm units

so mm is no longer a small pct of current mkt share

chiaberry
18-05-11, 09:50
the overall market now, MM still vy little %....u see many silly boutique apts launching MM units and u tot they r many of them....

salary lags behind ppty px....so u buy big units....nxt time sell to who?

There are some big units (>1200 sq ft) in older resale condos which are priced close to brand new MM units.

devilplate
18-05-11, 09:50
lets redefine mm

when it first started mm was referred to those studio, 1 bedder units of 400-600 sqft

over the last 1-1.5 yrs ... mm disease spread to 2 and 3 bedders ..now 700-900 sqft for a 3 bedder ..

ok so tats ur definition

den if ppl now cant afford big units.....in future largi worse rite? so wats the advantage of buying big units now?

devilplate
18-05-11, 09:52
There are some big units (>1200 sq ft) in older resale condos which are priced close to brand new MM units.

proudowner says ppl go for smaller units bcoz they cant afford mah....not i say one:p

devilplate
18-05-11, 09:54
proudowner aso says rental nvr pick up....but he aso preach us to buy big units....den resulting in super low yield?:rolleyes:

proud owner
18-05-11, 10:01
ok so tats ur definition

den if ppl now cant afford big units.....in future largi worse rite? so wats the advantage of buying big units now?

thats where our strategies differ ...

many go for 2-3 units of mm ...and wait for TOP ...move in to one ..rent out the rest etc etc ..

i go for 1-2 BIG older units ..spend a bit on reno .. move it straight away ..enjoy the space .. rent out one ..

i believe someone mentioned before ..
a 3 bedder 800 sqft new project ..asking 4-5k rental
a 3 bedder 1281 sqft old project ..renovated .. 5-6k rental

an expat couple ..or an expat couple with 1 kid ..
will have housing allowance of about 5-7k .. which would he take ?

it may take the older bigger 3bedder 2mths to find a tenant ..
but i am pretty sure it will take longer for the new small 3 bedder

every 1 mth lost is ave 5 k loss ...

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:03
thats where our strategies differ ...

many go for 2-3 units of mm ...and wait for TOP ...move in to one ..rent out the rest etc etc ..

i go for 1-2 BIG older units ..spend a bit on reno .. move it straight away ..enjoy the space .. rent out one ..

i believe someone mentioned before ..
a 3 bedder 800 sqft new project ..asking 4-5k rental
a 3 bedder 1281 sqft old project ..renovated .. 5-6k rental

an expat couple ..or an expat couple with 1 kid ..
will have housing allowance of about 5-7k .. which would he take ?

it may take the older bigger 3bedder 2mths to find a tenant ..
but i am pretty sure it will take longer for the new small 3 bedder

every 1 mth lost is ave 5 k loss ...

ur stats highly flawed...

big units at current pricing now....their yield r much lesser

and u havent asnwer me: u say ppl cant afford big units now....den u nxt time sell to who?

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:09
those who got deep pockets and dun depend on rental to sustain....can afford to leave it vacant for few yrs....pls buy big big FH units.....can wait for enbloc....:D

those who nid rental income to sustain....pls ask proudowner how to do it for big units:p

proud owner
18-05-11, 10:10
ur stats highly flawed...

big units at current pricing now....their yield r much lesser

and u havent asnwer me: u say ppl cant afford big units now....den u nxt time sell to who?

hhmm how is it flawed ..

i am comparing 3 bedroom agst 3 bedroom

yes becos the purchased price is higher due to the unit being bigger .. but becos its an older project .. the psf is lower than the new , mm 3 bedder ..

but it can be rented faster between the 2

next time sell to who ?
sell to all those who bought mm now ..to those who bought a 3 bedroom 800 sqft now ...to UPGRADE to a 1281 sqft 3 bedder ...when their family size grows ..they will need the space ..

and by which time ... your the 3 bedroom due to its 'gigantic size' will be really rare ...

proud owner
18-05-11, 10:11
those who got deep pockets and dun depend on rental to sustain....can afford to leave it vacant for few yrs....pls buy big big FH units.....can wait for enbloc....:D

those who nid rental income to sustain....pls ask proudowner how to do it for big units:p

thats why i said our strategies differs

you can go for 2-3 unit of mm units

while i go for 1-2 units of big units ..and old projects ..

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:11
hhmm how is it flawed ..

yes becos the purchased price is higher due to the unit being bigger .. but becos its an older project .. the psf is lower than the new , mm 3 bedder ..

next time sell to who ?
sell to all those who bought mm now ..to those who bought a 3 bedroom 800 sqft now ...to UPGRADE to a 1281 sqft 3 bedder ...when their family size grows ..they will need the space ..

and by which time ... your the 3 bedroom due to its 'gigantic size' will be really rare ...

mabe u pick a project n example and we work out the yield? how abt tat?

ur figures merely pluck from air:p

ur big units will appreciate too....if they cant afford to buy it now....how to afford to upgrade n buy from u nxt time? unless their mm units appreciate and ur big units stays stagnant?

chiaberry
18-05-11, 10:13
Eh where selling 800 sq ft 3 bedder??? :eek:

proud owner
18-05-11, 10:17
mabe u pick a project n example and we work out the yield? how abt tat?

ur figures merely pluck from air:p

ur big units will appreciate too....if they cant afford to buy it now....how to afford to upgrade n buy from u nxt time? unless their mm units appreciate and ur big units stays stagnant?

ok u pick any 2 mm units ...and tell me the price ...
then pick a nearby big unit ...

any project will do ...

say pick 2 mm at Siglap V ...
and 1 big unit at Summit ..

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:17
thats why i said our strategies differs

you can go for 2-3 unit of mm units

while i go for 1-2 units of big units ..and old projects ..

how u noe i nvr buy big older projects?

i jus wana point out tat ur reasoning is flawed

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:19
ok u pick any 2 mm units ...and tell me the price ...
then pick a nearby big unit ...

any project will do ...

say pick 2 mm at Siglap V ...
and 1 big unit at Summit ..

can choose ready projects.....those wif ura rental psf:D

i love my clift.....clift 1bedder 500sqft....no rental psf yet but some r selling wif tenancy of 3.8-4k....pricing now 1.1mil:D

how about emerald garden? older...bigger...decent sized units?
3bedder asking px 2-2.2mil(latest tx a 3bedder 1.76mil)....rental asking 5k

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 10:31
I me rather puzzled wi yvr definition.
lets redefine mm

sfwoo
18-05-11, 10:34
Back to Foresque...anyone can confirm that only 100 units sold so far?

Lovelle
18-05-11, 10:39
devil,

so u are not letting go oredi ?

devilplate
18-05-11, 10:40
devil,

so u are not letting go oredi ?

many projects in d1,2 yield r much lower....probably see whether px can go up further or not until yield become 3.5% for the next buyer:2cents: :D

kingkong1984
18-05-11, 10:47
Big Units are White Elephants.

Just like currency, its a race to the bottom.

For houses, its the same. Especially when the new generation are not getting married younger and when they are married, they dun want to have or delay having kids.

Self stay shoik, but for investment, spilt the risk better and avoid the ultra small ones. Mid point would be a good bet. 700 sqf to 1000 sqf only. Rental wise, assume HDB equivalent will do. Actual market should be higher. :cool:

danntbt
18-05-11, 10:59
u dun get it ...

when i said HDB upgraders buying condo which is smaller than their HDB is NOT UPGRADING but a downgrade ...people said HDB owners are rich ..etc etc

yes there are some .. but majority are not ..

people are able to afford those ridiculous psf becos the size gets smaller ..which some here said ...Quantum is key .. true ..becos these buyers have no money ..can only afford to buy smaller and smaller units ..

get it ?
..that is why you should worry.......yup you also pay for higher maintenance all round...and also upkeep and also property tax...and the older ones comes with additional issue of ageing...but I guess PROUD OWNER got his strategy, he is prepare to live with all that...and could not care less if the investment appreciate, at least he got the BIG one, one day maybe his decendents will enjoy his sufferings. I think it is very logical and magnanimous....I get it now....those who can afford large units would not go for OLD BIG ONES.....so die die you must sell your unit to match thye asking psf....ya you need to worry....because people cannot afford your unit....or do not want your unit if they can afford it..you got yourself into the worst of the both wolrds...and yet you are asking people to follow your advise...hmmm looking for 'rescuers'?

bargain hunter
18-05-11, 11:52
bro, give it up, u got slammed again. :ashamed1: its ok, i just got the contrarian signal which i need, i will buy big units (becoz most pple say no). :)

but dun buy now, buy when kenna slammed, next downturn lah.

look at the big units in sentosa all vacant and asking for low rental. see how long they can tahan lah. LOL.

hhmm how is it flawed ..

next time sell to who ?

devilplate
18-05-11, 11:56
bro, give it up, u got slammed again. :ashamed1: its ok, i just got the contrarian signal which i need, i will buy big units (becoz most pple say no). :)

look at the big units in sentosa all vacant and asking for low rental. see how long they can tahan lah. LOL.

tats the idea....buy bigger units during downturn:D

much much easier to find big units on firesale during downturn :cheers6:

cannot depend on this forum to get contrarian signals la....if u realise, only a few of us keep posting nia

but i can tell u....those who bot big units now....sure sweating if their pocket got holes:p

but the problem is: proudowner still preaching big units now....duno wats his agenda:scared-3:

devilplate
18-05-11, 12:17
by the way, oredi receive smses for bigger units in ccr which r selling at or slightly below recent tx:cheers6:

stalingrad
18-05-11, 12:23

cannot depend on this forum to get contrarian signals la....if u realise, only a few of us keep posting nia

but i can tell u....those who bot big units now....sure sweating if their pocket got holes:p

but the problem is: proudowner still preaching big units now....duno wats his agenda:scared-3:

agree with you. large units are now dead meat and out of fashion. park natura and duchess residences are prime examples. no one wants to buy them.

I do like big units, for self stay though.

devilplate
18-05-11, 12:26
agree with you. large units are now dead meat and out of fashion. park natura and duchess residences are prime examples. no one wants to buy them.

I do like big units, for self stay though.

definitely big units r gd for own stay for self enjoyment:cheers6:

but to spend millions for a big unit n rent it out to tenants at such low yield now?:tsk-tsk: :tsk-tsk:

y spend a bomb n let others to enjoy?:D

danntbt
18-05-11, 12:29
For rental...large units may not justify the quantum...even hdb....3 room ...2.5K holland area, cost about 300K...5 rm about 600k but can you rent it out for 5K?

devilplate
18-05-11, 12:35
so do u agree wif me tat investing in bigger units r mainly for capital appreciation? but wif 4yrs SSD now....cannot cash out if px goes up....den suffer low yield for 4yrs? wat if downturn hits within the next 4yrs? stuck wif a big shyt?:D

bargain hunter
18-05-11, 13:07
to be fair, i think proud owner is just saying generally big units make better long term investments but he is not timing it.

i think the only big unit owners who are sweating are those who bought in the 2007 boom. any way to check all those caveats and call them one by one ask want to firesale or not? hahahahahahaha

devilplate
18-05-11, 13:16
to be fair, i think proud owner is just saying generally big units make better long term investments but he is not timing it.

i think the only big unit owners who are sweating are those who bought in the 2007 boom. any way to check all those caveats and call them one by one ask want to firesale or not? hahahahahahaha

he goto state his intentions clear.....wait really got ppl got the wrong idea n go and hoot a big unit now.....

just like some ppl keep saying interest rate will start to raise (commented in early 2010)....den those go n listen n lock up fixed rates tat time must be :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

big units firesale will look for u during downturn lor:D

in the long run, those vy big units n old old projects got chance to enbloc.....but meantime goto suffer on low yields and heavy repair cost....quite troublesome one u noe.....tenant call u this leak...there spoil:doh:
den especially u buy for investment....u dun really want to spend so much to repair n renovate rite?:doh:
i m keeping old n big units ....not for sale and wish to hit jackpot one day....but the process is vy tiring n frustrating....

and older bigger units doesnt mean can find tenants easily.....actually its the reverse.....not unless u r willing to renovate it nicely.....a big 3bedder of let say 1300-1500sqft fetches abt the same rental as a brandnew 2bedder 800-1ksqft:doh:

amk
18-05-11, 15:49
so do u agree wif me tat investing in bigger units r mainly for capital appreciation? but wif 4yrs SSD now....cannot cash out if px goes up....den suffer low yield for 4yrs? wat if downturn hits within the next 4yrs? stuck wif a big shyt?:D

yes and yes and yes ;)

although to be fair, proud_owner's observation ("I'm scared ppl saying 2M is expensive") is valid: there is no significant increase in income.

devilplate
18-05-11, 15:54
yes and yes and yes ;)

although to be fair, proud_owner's observation ("I'm scared ppl saying 2M is expensive") is valid: there is no significant increase in income.
Its definitely valid tats y hdb bto getting smaller n condos getting even smaller:doh:

But he noes salary lags behind ppty px now n yet preaches big units now...can make other bankrupt one u noe:hell-hath-no-fury:

danntbt
18-05-11, 17:47
Its definitely valid tats y hdb bto getting smaller n condos getting even smaller:doh:

But he noes salary lags behind ppty px now n yet preaches big units now...can make other bankrupt one u noe:hell-hath-no-fury:
...actually he said,,,, he thought peoiple are saying that salary has increased a lot....so if I guess correctly, he misread the market, thinking with increasing salary people will be able to afford bigger units....that would not be the case....as psf increase to match demand as salary increase, there is no way property will lag behind salary increase as once people got money, property would be top of their upgrade list, thsu driving up prices... I would say he is worried for himself rather than other people....load of bulls...either that or he is bragging.

bargain hunter
18-05-11, 19:16
in late 2009 to early 2010, i commented that Reporter's blind highlighting of record psf is in total disregard to quantum. also can bankrupt pple one leh, but i got slammed by a lot of pple instead. :(

proud owner always preached big units, not only now, so i dun see why anyone who can't afford will be able to buy these big units.

devilplate
18-05-11, 19:29
in late 2009 to early 2010, i commented that Reporter's blind highlighting of record psf is in total disregard to quantum. also can bankrupt pple one leh, but i got slammed by a lot of pple instead. :(

proud owner always preached big units, not only now, so i dun see why anyone who can't afford will be able to buy these big units.
Deviates too much liao la:doh:

Po says salary nvr increase much....
At the same time preach big units....

Xan
18-05-11, 19:39
Actually I'm kinda confuse. What is the so called "bench mark" price to define "expensive" and out of reach for the majority. King kong did mentioned my shaughnessy unit (which now transact at 1.515 mil) has high quantum (and too big is no gd) and is out of reach for majority. But then I look at all east coast condo, tanjong rhu condo, robertson quay, or even OCR like kovan 3/4 bedder all easily transact at near or more than 1.5 mil.

Seriously I dunno what is meant by "affordable" in today's context. To me, what is expensive may be defined as tennery 1 bedder at 1300 psf, scala 1400 psf or Greenwich at 1300psf or foresque at 1100 psf. When compare all these, my shaughnessy seems cheapskate. Wah piang, i really dunno shld judge base on quantum or psf.

Secondly, I'm also not sure when u guys states anything more than 1.5 or 2 mil as "expensive" is it based on your own fanancial profile or representing others as well. If its others, how come i can easily see many transactions crossing 1.5 mil lodge in caveat? Pls dun be mistaken as I hv no agenda. I bought the cluster house purely for self stay coz of family needs. Thanks
:)

bargain hunter
18-05-11, 19:48
if u check the caveats across all the districts, and rank them by quantum, other than CCR, there is a significantly less proportion of units which transact at between 1.5m to 2m and even fewer for 2m and above.

Actually I'm kinda confuse. What is the so called "bench mark" price to define "expensive" and out of reach for the majority. King kong did mentioned my shaughnessy unit (which now transact at 1.515 mil) has high quantum (and too big is no gd) and is out of reach for majority. But then I look at all east coast condo, tanjong rhu condo, robertson quay, or even OCR like kovan 3/4 bedder all easily transact at near or more than 1.5 mil.

Seriously I dunno what is meant by "affordable" in today's context. To me, what is expensive may be defined as tennery 1 bedder at 1300 psf, scala 1400 psf or Greenwich at 1300psf or foresque at 1100 psf. When compare all these, my shaughnessy seems cheapskate. Wah piang, i really dunno shld judge base on quantum or psf.

Secondly, I'm also not sure when u guys states anything more than 1.5 or 2 mil as "expensive" is it based on your own fanancial profile or representing others as well. If its others, how come i can easily see many transactions crossing 1.5 mil lodge in caveat? Pls dun be mistaken as I hv no agenda. I bought the cluster house purely for self stay coz of family needs. Thanks

devilplate
18-05-11, 19:52

Lets tok abt ur shaug lor...
Mabe can compare wif a 3bedder at 8cy? 7xx-8xxk....and flour worth more den bread rite ....so ppl choose affordable 800k 3bedder n sacrifice on living space rather den stretch to max n buy ur shaug at 1.5mil?

Xan
18-05-11, 19:54
Delete. Duplicate

devilplate
18-05-11, 19:56
if u check the caveats across all the districts, and rank them by quantum, other than CCR, there is a significantly less proportion of units which transact at between 1.5m to 2m and even fewer for 2m and above.
Wif 60%ltv, budget shrink by half....

Used to b 80%ltv....200k cash can buy 1mil ppty....
60%ltv can only afford 500k

I oredi said mm will chiong even more after 40%ltv was announced

Xan
18-05-11, 19:57
While pple buy for investment, I believe there are also pple who buy for self stay and space like me. I cannot imagine myself cluttered in a 2 bedder with my family though the quantum is less than a mil. Anyway thank you guys for the reply.

Xan
18-05-11, 20:03
Wif 60%ltv, budget shrink by half....

Used to b 80%ltv....200k cash can buy 1mil ppty....
60%ltv can only afford 500k

I oredi said mm will chiong even more after 40%ltv was announced

What u mentioned is in the context of investment, not self stay.

Xan
18-05-11, 20:08
Lets tok abt ur shaug lor...
Mabe can compare wif a 3bedder at 8cy? 7xx-8xxk....and flour worth more den bread rite ....so ppl choose affordable 800k 3bedder n sacrifice on living space rather den stretch to max n buy ur shaug at 1.5mil?

3 bedder CY couldn't fit into my needs since I am staying with my parents and kids. So can't use this to compare. How abt 4 bedder in CY? Very cramp for me as well... But nvm...Maybe 1.2 mil? What is 1.5 mil compare to 1.2 mil when I can get a size 2.5 times bigger than 4 bedder at 8CY?

jwong71
18-05-11, 20:10
While pple buy for investment, I believe there are also pple who buy for self stay and space like me. I cannot imagine myself cluttered in a 2 bedder with my family though the quantum is less than a mil. Anyway thank you guys for the reply.

hi xan, actually i had viewed shaug.. space were more cluttered and spread over few storeys..

im standing in the 3rd party's view.

diff pp diff needs.. but i still prefer the common 2bedder space

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:22
3 bedder CY couldn't fit into my needs since I am staying with my parents and kids. So can't use this to compare. How abt 4 bedder in CY? Very cramp for me as well... But nvm...Maybe 1.2 mil? What is 1.5 mil compare to 1.2 mil when I can get a size 2.5 times bigger than 4 bedder at 8CY?
So u r trying to say y ppl pay 1.5mil 4bedder in ocr condo n y not buy urs?

Den some will say, y not top up abit to 2mil n buy my landed? 99lh landed can be bot less den 2mil too:D

Xan
18-05-11, 20:26
hi xan, actually i had viewed shaug.. space were more cluttered and spread over few storeys..

im standing in the 3rd party's view.

diff pp diff needs.. but i still prefer the common 2bedder space

Yap I agree...diff people diff opinion and needs. I respect that. On the contrary, I find it very spacious (maybe due to my units ID design) and the view in front of me is a golf course. I like the fact it spans over many levels....as what my wife always said...she enjoys the privacy of not having to see my parents everytime coz we stay in diff floors. Hehe

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:26
What u mentioned is in the context of investment, not self stay.
Y not...i currently own a 3bedder for eg....i wana buy another one for own stay n keep the current one for rental....still 60%ltv rite?

If ltv goes bck to 80 or even 90%, big units will get popular again:D
But it will only happen after we kena recession.....

So for now till nxt downturn, mm n smaller quantum will b popular whether u like it anot....

For bigger units, buy during next dip;) totally no point now:D

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 20:32
What about 30 years later with clift?
can choose ready projects.....those wif ura rental psf:D

i love my clift.....clift 1bedder 500sqft....no rental psf yet but some r selling wif tenancy of 3.8-4k....pricing now 1.1mil:D

how about emerald garden? older...bigger...decent sized units?
3bedder asking px 2-2.2mil(latest tx a 3bedder 1.76mil)....rental asking 5k

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:32
Yap I agree...diff people diff opinion and needs. I respect that. On the contrary, I find it very spacious (maybe due to my units ID design) and the view in front of me is a golf course. I like the fact it spans over many levels....as what my wife always said...she enjoys the privacy of not having to see my parents everytime coz we stay in diff floors. Hehe
Own stay worth the px tag lor ...;)

But were u buy another shaug at 1.5mil now to rent out? No rite?:p

All these toks abt mm vs big units r coming from investment pt of view:D

danntbt
18-05-11, 20:33
..so it sounds like biggies are sought after when it dips....and shun when prices are high....so even if prices are high....biggies will be difficult to sell....its a vicious cycle....that is why people like PO is worried.....as he likes to quote...'get it?'

similarly looka t the prices betw HDB 5-rm and EA/EM price difference usually close as there is a threshold quantum in HDB market.....

jwong71
18-05-11, 20:33

devil-plate wont hold for 30yrs straight..

he will accumulate some and dispose some along the way..

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:34
Den how abt ur southbank 30yrs later?:rolleyes:

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:35
devil-plate wont hold for 30yrs straight..

he will accumulate some and dispose some along the way..
U noe me best;)
Keep fh gems along the way:D

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 20:35
It will appreciate given so many new development in the region in the next twenty years..
Den how abt ur southbank 30yrs later?:rolleyes:

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:39
It will appreciate given so many new development in the region in the next twenty years..
So only ur southbank will appreciate and not clift?:rolleyes:

Xan
18-05-11, 20:40
So u r trying to say y ppl pay 1.5mil 4bedder in ocr condo n y not buy urs?

Den some will say, y not top up abit to 2mil n buy my landed? 99lh landed can be bot less den 2mil too:D

99 lh landed can be bot at less than 2 mil. Recce already, not suitable in terms of working location and the surrounding. That's y nv buy. If got suitable ones, will consider, based on family needs and budget.
I hope u r not subjective in your opinion...coz u give me an impression everyone must think like u.

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 20:45
Look around the immediate surrounding of Clift and that will project the potential. What about FH vs LH development then?
So only ur southbank will appreciate and not clift?:rolleyes:

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:46
99 lh landed can be bot at less than 2 mil. Recce already, not suitable in terms of working location and the surrounding. That's y nv buy. If got suitable ones, will consider, based on family needs and budget.
I hope u r not subjective in your opinion...coz u give me an impression everyone must think like u.
I give my opinion based on investor point of view nia....:)
I m trying to b vy objective here:D

For own stay, its really up to individual liao rite?;)

I mentioned 3bedder goodie for a couple for own stay wif maid...but bro dc says 2bedder enuff....so how?

devilplate
18-05-11, 20:47
Look around the immediate surrounding of Clift and that will project the potential. What about FH vs LH development then?
So how abt ur southbank compared wif riverine by the park?

Or u mean southbank 20yrs later more ex den clift?

Xan
18-05-11, 20:49
I give my opinion based on investor point of view nia....:)
I m trying to b vy objective here:D

For own stay, its really up to individual liao rite?;)

Haha, yap. looks like we argue based on diff context...urs investment and mine self stay and comfort. Alright we can still co exit...no prob. :)

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 20:56
Unless image of geylang change, Riverine will not climb so fast. They already have a hotel infront of it. SB will not overtake Clift but it may meet someday. Well, SB is my only LH investment property so far so that I can pass on the others to my children. How about you?
So how abt ur southbank compared wif riverine by the park?

Or u mean southbank 20yrs later more ex den clift?

devilplate
18-05-11, 21:00
Unless image of geylang change, Riverine will not climb so fast. They already have a hotel infront of it. SB will not overtake Clift but it may meet someday. Well, SB is my only LH investment property so far so that I can pass on the others to my children. How about you?
I wun keep lh forever...tats all i can say;)
Tats y i dare not buy vista park n pearlbank in 09
I m more of an opportunist n ride on trends....

Any paper profit is just imaginary if u dun cash out....money is just a digit or paper if u dun spend it:D

DC33_2008
18-05-11, 21:03
Same here. Just creating wealth for myself and subsequent generations.
I wun keep lh forever...tats all i can say;)
Tats y i dare not buy vista park n pearlbank in 09
I m more of an opportunist n ride on trends....

Any paper profit is just imaginary if u dun cash out....money is just a digit or paper if u dun spend it:D

kingkong1984
18-05-11, 21:07
The cabinet has been chosen, let's ponder on the forest kill.

Self stay, buy big and cheap.

Investment, buy small and hip.

Haha...

Go get two 2 bedders instead of one big fat unit. You can have more peace even if it's just side by side.

Shaug is not too bad lah, just that the current asking is a joke. First owner happy can Liao.

wesing
18-05-11, 21:17

If only got two persons in the family (hubby and wife), 2-bedder of around 900 sq ft should be alright for own stay. Anything bigger is really a waste of space:banghead:

danntbt
18-05-11, 21:54
.....so far most discussion are deviating from the title of the thread.....everyone is digressing......perhaps anyone got any new infor on FR should start contributing...

danntbt
18-05-11, 21:54
.....so far most discussion are deviating from the title of the thread.....everyone is digressing......perhaps anyone got any new infor on FR should start contributing...

tagout
18-05-11, 22:41
chance upon this thread while searching for more info on FR. From what i gathered, 10+3% discounts are still available till end of this week. Apart for the rather high PSF, one thing which keep me holding back is the sale tactics employed. They choose to close the showroom for the rest of the week after the last weekend preview citing too many crowds making it rowdy. They are only going to reopen it after the soft launch is over, which is end of this week. Is that a norm? or is there something the developer don't want you to know?

proud owner
19-05-11, 02:29
...actually he said,,,, he thought peoiple are saying that salary has increased a lot....so if I guess correctly, he misread the market, thinking with increasing salary people will be able to afford bigger units....that would not be the case....as psf increase to match demand as salary increase, there is no way property will lag behind salary increase as once people got money, property would be top of their upgrade list, thsu driving up prices... I would say he is worried for himself rather than other people....load of bulls...either that or he is bragging.

You r new, joined only in apr 2011

Pls go back to 2009 -2010.

I always argued that salary n bonus did not go up as much BUT slot of others said they were higher.

Since they so strongly believe n so willing to pay high psf for mm unit, why then now find a 2 mio prop expensive?

Shud I not be worried that all along these people were lying? N they had misguided others to keep buying?

Bargain hunter was right, all along, from 07 to 10, I never stop asking others to buy big unit, simply becos I see the trend in spore, similar to NY. Where they buy tiny studio n 1 bedded.
As the singles get married n hv family, they need bigger unit. The constant buying of mm pushed they bigger unit price even higher. As a result they now need big unit but can't afford. So they move to the suburbs where the big units are cheaper

I m constantly advising others. Not to buy mm unit becos by the time the need big ones, they can't no longer afford. N have to move to a less ideal location.

You really need to go back n read all my posts.

And when I said big units, I m very clear, a 3 bedded of above 1300 sqft n not the current mm 3 bedded of 1000 sqft n smaller.

Just beginning of this yr , there were still 3 bedDer of 1450 sqft with no balcony at The horizon, river valley. They were affordable. But people chose to buy those new launches of a higher psf n smaller size 3 bedder.

To Devilplate. My intention is to wake up those who buy mm units, duos the day when come when they need a proper size unit, but by then, it would be too exp for them. So I always say buy big unit.

If all of you choose to think I hv bad intention or deliberately trying to misguide, too bad.

I repeat, what I preached since 2007. Buy big unit, old ones, no need to be new launches cos they cheat on the usable space n must be FH.

To Dannt. Go read my old posts before you comment on me

Yes I own landed of 3600 sqft with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. Other similar landed would be at least 5 bedroom + 4 baths.
I also own penthouse of 2270 sqft 4 bedroom 3 baths , about 1800 sqft + 400 sqft terrace. I also own a 3 bedroom, 2 baths condo, no planter, no bay window.

U can see they are all big units. With good size rooms. As opposed to the current mm units.

I m not worried about mortgage cos I only have 1 loan. 2 units are rented out, to expats cos they love the Room size which is much bigger than the new mm's. I m leaving the 3 bedder unrented for own use when I come back for home leave. Cos I don't want to stay hotel.

I worry becos those who sai salary were up, bonus up were the same people who now said they find a 2 mio condo expensive.

By the mid of next year, my only mortgage will be fully paid. Should I worry for myself?
Or should I worry for those why bought multiple mm units?
When the time comes to buy decent sized units, will it be affordable?

Of course u can wait for price to drop then buy, at which time, your mm units would have fallen as well

I also did not ask anyone to hit 2-3 big units. I said , instead of buying 2-3 new mm units, might as well buy 1-2 big ones, old projects. But must be FH

proud owner
19-05-11, 03:13

I have not stopped posting since 2007-8.
Those who disappeared were Reporter, Propertism Jlrx, Property owner etc.
I never left.

What's my agenda? Did I not say a 3 bedroom of 1300 sqft n up? And not 1000 sqft n lower?
All I m saying is not to buy mm units. And I have also redefined MM as one thats smaller than what it used to be. N I specifically mention 3 bedroom
I didn't ask anyone to buy 5000 sqft condo, did I ?
I also I enjoy space. A 1281 sqft 3 bedroom with no silly bay window, planter or balcony is damn decent size. Compared to a 1100 sqft new mm 3 bedroom with balcony, bay windows n planter. Leaving usable space of maybe only 700-800 sqft.
That's all I said.

And that's my agenda.

Thank you Bargain hunter for understanding my points.

It's sad that my good intention is deemed bad, or with agenda to misguide or desperate attempt to help push my big units.

So go ahead n buy tiny sized units with high psf, If u think my asking others to buy proper decent sized older unit carries some agendas.

danntbt
19-05-11, 05:32
I still do not agree with the worry about those buying MM would not be able to afford a larger unit when the time come, the psf for smaller units will always be higher, and the revenue as investment would allow investers to hold these longer rather than the bigger ones as most MM are strategically located. Its the MM in less ideal loacationthat may not attract the single or couple in the rental market that may be an issue. Large units are more vulnerable to economic climate in terms of rental. The average investers would not have the means to go for big units...and by big it was mentioned that the PH size units? or we are looking at quantum of 2Mil? I am reading so much inconsistency in your posts....one minute you refer to absolute quantum, anothewr minute large sizes.

My main issue with your comments is that you are worried that people say this or that....people can cay anything on this forum, its for you to discern what is believable and what is not, when people say salary has increase a lot....if you know what is going on in the job market, you should know, so why worry what people say here? If the statement is coming from finacila analyst or economist then its an issue...but you are talking about anonymous forumers....you are just a nick, I am just a nick...so is every one here....why would I want to go back and read your 2009-2010 posts? I am not doing an economic research or anything....I am just looking at what's being said that is relevant to now...

And why would the average Joe wants a 4000sq ft apartment when all he needs is 1200sq ft? its better to have a smaller one and maybe a MM to rent out, otherwise would one want to rent out one of the rooms in the 4000 sq ft to a stranger?

Good for you if you have the means to get your PH and Biggies...you are perhaps the top 1% of the income earners...the other 99% would have to face the fact that land is limited in Singapore, eventually what we can afford would get smaller and smaller....existing ones would sooner or later go enbloc and get cut up into smaller more expensive units, just look at what interlace did to the original property, and where are the owners of the 1600 sq ft now?

hyenergix
19-05-11, 06:55
MMs are quite alright as investment, as it provides a stepping stone to owning bigger units, but they must be 999 or FH. Buying very large units means more loan and greater exposure to financial turmoils for most people.

Nowadays very few people spend a lot of time at home. Couples are full time working with OTs and children spend lots of time in school. During holidays, families just go overseas. Family size is also shrinking. Personally I prefer 2 or 3 bedrooms around 1000 sqft. Larger than this means more $ upfront and more maintenance $ and time.

devilplate
19-05-11, 08:42
To Devilplate. My intention is to wake up those who buy mm units, duos the day when come when they need a proper size unit, but by then, it would be too exp for them. So I always say buy big unit.

If all of you choose to think I hv bad intention or deliberately trying to misguide, too bad.

I repeat, what I preached since 2007. Buy big unit, old ones, no need to be new launches cos they cheat on the usable space n must be FH.

u advise other based on ur own financial strength and circumstances....u nvr tink of other's financial abilities n just make a general statement. those who cannot afford big+FH will need to buy smaller+99LH. big+old, how much is the reno cost? u r just assuming all got tons of cash like u?

u keep saying salary din increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big big units....den who they gona sell them to? u say ppl upgrade? u just giving more and more scenario tat dun make sense. in the first place, y ppl go for smaller unit its becoz they cannot afford big unit for own stay. so ur big unit next time, can those 1st timer afford? or u just restrict urself to ur imaginary upgradder?

devilplate
19-05-11, 08:51
Yes I own landed of 3600 sqft with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths. Other similar landed would be at least 5 bedroom + 4 baths.
I also own penthouse of 2270 sqft 4 bedroom 3 baths , about 1800 sqft + 400 sqft terrace. I also own a 3 bedroom, 2 baths condo, no planter, no bay window.

U can see they are all big units. With good size rooms. As opposed to the current mm units.

I m not worried about mortgage cos I only have 1 loan. 2 units are rented out, to expats cos they love the Room size which is much bigger than the new mm's. I m leaving the 3 bedder unrented for own use when I come back for home leave. Cos I don't want to stay hotel.

I worry becos those who sai salary were up, bonus up were the same people who now said they find a 2 mio condo expensive.

By the mid of next year, my only mortgage will be fully paid. Should I worry for myself?
Or should I worry for those why bought multiple mm units?
When the time comes to buy decent sized units, will it be affordable?

Of course u can wait for price to drop then buy, at which time, your mm units would have fallen as well

I also did not ask anyone to hit 2-3 big units. I said , instead of buying 2-3 new mm units, might as well buy 1-2 big ones, old projects. But must be FH
u said bot a 2mil 3bedder in Jan 2011 rite? so which means u paid in full?:scared-1:
so which means u got spare 1-2mil cash at least now:scared-1:

can share the projects u bot? the 3bedder and the penthse? wats the current yield based on current valuation?

now u still recommend ppl to buy big units?:scared-1:
they r many scenario y ppl buy smaller mm rite? u just simply assume all like u who have 3-4mil in cash to buy ppty:scared-1:

proud owner
19-05-11, 09:20
u advise other based on ur own financial strength and circumstances....u nvr tink of other's financial abilities n just make a general statement. those who cannot afford big+FH will need to buy smaller+99LH. big+old, how much is the reno cost? u r just assuming all got tons of cash like u?
have you forgotten that i used the term HERD INSTINCT first in this forum?
when Reporters and Jlrx were constantly contributing, painting a very bullish market..in 2007-8-9? maybe even 2010 ..

while i was trying to dispute them ?

they were others who also said over and over again ..about salary rise, good bonus, etc etc ..hence all the new launches were snapped up ..

so since everyone was fiancially good .. i called that instead of buying 2-3 new MM units ...one should buy 1-2 older FH big units .. is that wrong ?

cos i mentioned earlier ..the time will come when they need more than that 1000 sqft 3 bedroom ..as it is now there are even 3 bedrooms thats smaller that 800 sqft

so people were snapping up new launches , starting with the tiny 1/2 bedder .. without a thot for the high psf ...arent they rich ?or ignorant ?

u keep saying salary din increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big big units.big unit like a 1300sqft 3 bedroom as oppose to a new launch 3 bedroom of 900 sqft .. is the old 1300sqft a lot more expensive than the 900 sqft 3 bedroom new launch ? ...den who they gona sell them to? u say ppl upgrade? u just giving more and more scenario tat dun make sense. in the first place, y ppl go for smaller unit its becoz they cannot afford big unit for own stay. so ur big unit next time, can those 1st timer afford? but these people are buying multiple tiny mm ... all i am recommending is that they consolidate their $$ and buy 1 big unit .. which they will need later ..or u just restrict urself to ur imaginary upgradder?

you, like many ..own many units ...
while my advice is to others is that to buy 1 big unit as oppose to buying a few small units ... thats all .. and it wont cost them a hell lot more ..

ntg wrong with that

you need not agree with my L/T strategy ..but u need not insinuate that i have an agenda ..

if i have any worries, its only becos people can buy many many units but find a 2 mio property expensive ... and yet paint a veyr bright scenario of the market .. then turn around and say majority are not rich

devilplate
19-05-11, 09:22
if i have any worries, its only becos people can buy many many units but find a 2 mio property expensive ... and yet paint a veyr bright scenario of the market .. then turn around and say majority are not rich

who r those u refering to?

devilplate
19-05-11, 09:31
you, like many ..own many units ...
while my advice is to others is that to buy 1 big unit as oppose to buying a few small units ... thats all .. and it wont cost them a hell lot more ..

ntg wrong with that

you need not agree with my L/T strategy ..but u need not insinuate that i have an agenda ..

i started by saying ur reasoning is flawed bcoz u say salary dun increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big units

so i question u, who r u going to sell ur big units to since salary din increase much?

and since salary din increase much, based on tat ppty px will hf to correct rite? u shd advice ppl not to buy big ticket items instead of telling them to buy big quantum unit

proud owner
19-05-11, 09:43
i started by saying ur reasoning is flawed bcoz u say salary dun increase much and yet telling ppl to buy big units

so i question u, who r u going to sell ur big units to since salary din increase much?

and since salary din increase much, based on tat ppty px will hf to correct rite? u shd advice ppl not to buy big ticket items instead of telling them to buy big quantum unit

have you not read that part when i redefine mm ?
have you not read that part when i said again and again 3 bedroom of not smaller than 1300 sqft ?

buying 1 unit of say 1300 sqft ...and buying 2 units of 500 sqft ..
the sum may have slight difference ..

when market correct ..
will that 1 unit lose more than the 2 small unit ?
when it corrects, only 1300 sqft and bigger will suffer ? and not 1000 sqft and less ?

my recommendation didnt have to cost alot
my recommendation never state that you have to buy multiple units

have i ?

A buys 2 units of Siglap V say 500 sqft at 1000 psf ... total 1 mio
B buys 1 unit of SUMMIT, say 1300 sqft at 900 psf (which is very high ) ..1.17 mio

B can move in within 3 mths or rent out ... while A waits for TOP

anything wrong with my recommendation to buy a BIG 3 bedroom , old FH unit ? of not smaller than 1000 sqft ?

BIG becos the new MM are tiny

devilplate
19-05-11, 09:45
u seriously dun get wat i mean:

u say salary din increase much....but at the same time telling ppl to buy big units....

proud owner
19-05-11, 09:51

thanks Bargain Hunter

you probably are the only left who has been here for as long as i have .. and have read my posts and notice i never once swing with the wind ..but consistently preach the same criteria ..

will take your advice .. else kena slammed by 1 month old new comer :doh:

proud owner
19-05-11, 09:52
u seriously dun get wat i mean:

u say salary din increase much....but at the same time telling ppl to buy big units....

is a 3 bedroom of 1300 sqft BIG ?
or a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft BIG ?

devilplate
19-05-11, 09:54
is a 3 bedroom of 1300 sqft BIG ?
or a 3 bedroom of 1000 sqft BIG ?

i am not questioning ur definition of BIG

pls read :

u r the one say who salary din increase much....and at the same time still preaching ppl to buy BIG unit NOW

devilplate
19-05-11, 09:56
how many times i goto repeat myself...:doh: :doh: :doh:

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:06
i am not questioning ur definition of BIG

pls read :

u r the one say who salary din increase much....and at the same time still preaching ppl to buy BIG unit NOW

did i not keep repeat BIG = 1300 sqft 3 bedroom and not those below 1000 sqft MM ?

OR
BIG = 1000 sqft 2 bedroom and not 600 sqft MM

where can you find BIG 1300 3 bed and 1000 2 bed units now ?
at new launch at 1000 psf ?

or the old FH projects which u can get at 850-950 psf ??

think think think

will the quantum be very different ?

yes i feel salary didnt go up for many .. which is why i worry becos they are still buying .. just buying smaller and smaller .. oblivious of the psf

so i recommend STOP buying MM .. cos the psf is high
go buy a BIG unit , old unit, FH unit ..which the psf is lower and yet one can get a proper sized unit ..

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:12
yes i feel salary didnt go up for many .. which is why i worry becos they are still buying .. just buying smaller and smaller .. oblivious of the psf

go buy a BIG unit , old unit, FH unit ..which the psf is lower and yet one can get a proper sized unit ..

who u worry ? those buying MM 500k?

budget 500k for them leh, can buy BIG, FH somemore meh? where?

hopeful
19-05-11, 10:13

dont get your meaning.
you say you will buy big units during the next downturn like in Sentosa.
Because during next up cycle, big units will be in trend and asking high rentals?:confused:

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:17
dont get your meaning.
you say you will buy big units during the next downturn like in Sentosa.
Because during next up cycle, big units will be in trend and asking high rentals?:confused:

i explain smwhr....

now ppl buying smaller and smaller due to budget ...

ltv reduce from 80% to 60%, budget 2mil become 1 mil....

one day, ltv will revert back one....its a cycle:D

hopeful
19-05-11, 10:20

if for investment purpose, instead of homestay, would you argue the same way also?
would people pay more rental for a 3BR 1900sf versus a 3BR 1600sf in the same condo? according to rental agent my just ex-condo, he say prospective tenants give the reason that both are 3BR, so they dont want to pay more for a 3BR 1900sf.

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:21
who u worry ? those buying MM 500k?

budget 500k for them leh, can buy BIG, FH somemore meh? where?

OMG

i am going to stop writing

i say stop buying multiple mm units...
consolidate the money and buy 1 big proper sized unit ..
thats all :sleep: :sleep:

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:25
OMG

i am going to stop writing

i say stop buying multiple mm units...
consolidate the money and buy 1 big proper sized unit ..
thats all :sleep: :sleep:

u really getting out of point

u say salary din increase much for MANY.....(tat MANY salary din increase much and yet can afford multiple mm units meh?)

u keep shifting ur goal post.....OMG:doh:

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:25
if for investment purpose, instead of homestay, would you argue the same way also?
would people pay more rental for a 3BR 1900sf versus a 3BR 1600sf in the same condo? according to rental agent my just ex-condo, he say prospective tenants give the reason that both are 3BR, so they dont want to pay more for a 3BR 1900sf.

very good

for own stay buy 1900 sqft
for investment and yet can be for own stay ..buy 1600 sqft ..JUST DONT WASTE MONEY BUYING THOSE MM 3 bedrooms

at least your 3 bedroom is BIG and not MM

thats my whole point about buying BIG ..

if i am a tenant ..
i would go for 1600 sqft or 1900 sqft 3 bedroom .. and not those 3 bedroom that is below 1000 sqft

my investment policy may differ from others..i buy ( even for investment) what i would live in

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:28
very good

for own stay buy 1900 sqft
for investment and yet can be for own stay ..buy 1600 sqft ..JUST DONT WASTE MONEY BUYING THOSE MM 3 bedrooms

at least your 3 bedroom is BIG and not MM

thats my whole point about buying BIG ..

if i am a tenant ..
i would go for 1600 sqft or 1900 sqft 3 bedroom .. and not those 3 bedroom that is below 1000 sqft

my investment policy may differ from others..i buy ( even for investment) what i would live in

for investment, nid to tok about rental yield n whether rental can cover ur installment anot....tats y i ask u to share ur landed n ur penthse ....wats the rental u r getting n if sm1 buy at current valuation, rental yield gd anot?

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:40
for investment, nid to tok about rental yield n whether rental can cover ur installment anot....tats y i ask u to share ur landed n ur penthse ....wats the rental u r getting n if sm1 buy at current valuation, rental yield gd anot?

all my rental covers more than its mortgage ..if any

if anyone buys from me now at valuations ..no the yield wont be good

BUT i didnt say they should buy my kind of units..

i only say buy 1300 sqft 3 bedroom , old and FH

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:43
u really getting out of point

u say salary din increase much for MANY.....(tat MANY salary din increase much and yet can afford multiple mm units meh?)

u keep shifting ur goal post.....OMG:doh:

have i moved the goal posts ?

show me

how many of us here ..DIDNT have a good pay rise , nor a good bonus ..
but still buy more than 1 properties ?

chances are ..they buy 2-3 small mm units .. right ?

while i suggest ,..buy A proper sized unit .. i shift goal post meh?

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:46
all my rental covers more than its mortgage ..if any

if anyone buys from me now at valuations ..no the yield wont be good

BUT i didnt say they should buy my kind of units..

i only say buy 1300 sqft 3 bedroom , old and FH

any projects to recommend and gives about 4% returns

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:49
any projects to recommend and gives about 4% returns

i believe there are ..
if u really keen ..u can pm me ..

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:49
have i moved the goal posts ?

show me

how many of us here ..DIDNT have a good pay rise , nor a good bonus ..
but still buy more than 1 properties ?

chances are ..they buy 2-3 small mm units .. right ?

while i suggest ,..buy A proper sized unit .. i shift goal post meh?

OMG!

i am toking about the general market OUT there....Many of them out there, salary din increase much....so how u expect them to buy multiple mm units?

u r getting too personal oredi...ur MANY =Many of us here??:scared-4: :doh: 5mil population out there....and here how many registered members?

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:53
i believe there are ..
if u really keen ..u can pm me ..

can share share openly here rite?

btw, i am not buying....only buy if there is a dip....

so u can share share here....can benefit others reading it;)

proud owner
19-05-11, 10:53
OMG!

i am toking about the general market OUT there....Many of them out there, salary din increase much....so how u expect them to buy multiple mm units?

u r getting too personal oredi...ur MANY =Many of us here??:scared-4: :doh: 5mil population out there....and here how many registered members?

i didnt expect them to .. but they alraedy did

everyone ask yourself ..

1 did u get a good pay rise + good bonus last yr ?
2 did u buy more than 1 properties ?

answer to yourself and then u will know am i expecting it or has it already happened

devilplate
19-05-11, 10:56
i didnt expect them to .. but they alraedy did

everyone ask yourself ..

1 did u get a good pay rise + good bonus last yr ?
2 did u buy more than 1 properties ?

answer to yourself and then u will know am i expecting it or has it already happened

shifting goalpost again?:doh:

i m trying to say ur reasoning is flawed.....u say salary din increase much for MANY......nvr increase much, how to buy multiple ppty?

stop making baseless assumptions:doh:

proud owner
19-05-11, 11:07
shifting goalpost again?:doh:

i m trying to say ur reasoning is flawed.....u say salary din increase much for MANY......nvr increase much, how to buy multiple ppty?

stop making baseless assumptions:doh:

ok

i am making baseless assumptions

only those who ask and answer those questions above know the truth

devilplate
19-05-11, 11:11
ok

i am making baseless assumptions

only those who ask and answer those questions above know the truth

u r getting things too personal while making ur reasonings....tats y its highly flawed:p

salary din increase much for MANY....and yet telling ppl to buy BIG unit?

if salary really din increase much, u shd advice ppl not to buy at all bcoz bubble gona burst

8kenshin
19-05-11, 11:27
Not to add fuel to the fire, but after reading all the posts on MM here was wondering if anyone had studied pricing of big vs small units in other markets.

The benchmark I have personally been looking at is Hong Kong, where big units fetch a significant premium psf to small units....in HK most units are small, and large units are a rarity. A ex-colleague of mine used to look for neighbouring units and put them together to onsell to the well heeled.

Does anyone know the situation in Shanghai, London, NY etc?

ay123
19-05-11, 11:34
did i not keep repeat BIG = 1300 sqft 3 bedroom and not those below 1000 sqft MM ?

OR
BIG = 1000 sqft 2 bedroom and not 600 sqft MM

where can you find BIG 1300 3 bed and 1000 2 bed units now ?
at new launch at 1000 psf ?

or the old FH projects which u can get at 850-950 psf ??

think think think

will the quantum be very different ?

proud owner, is a goal for ppl to own a ppty but now the ppty has rise so fast tat is becoming beyond reach to many. so those ppl who bought mm becos this is wat they can afford and they do not want to miss the boat or the price will get higher n higher. u might think is not wise to buy mm or should not buy now but for a non ppty owner, it is crucial for them to get one now :2cents: so both u n devil view are not wrong. each has their own perspective

devilplate
19-05-11, 11:45
proud owner, is a goal for ppl to own a ppty but now the ppty has rise so fast tat is becoming beyond reach to many. so those ppl who bought mm becos this is wat they can afford and they do not want to miss the boat or the price will get higher n higher. u might think is not wise to buy mm or should not buy now but for a non ppty owner, it is crucial for them to get one now :2cents: so both u n devil view are not wrong. each has their own perspective

proudowner is right about looking at older resale ppty rather den buying new launches bcoz most new launches psf varies too much from resale

but his opinions is too personal....

but if salary really nvr increase much as wat he said, he shdnt tell ppl to go for BIG units....

if salary nvr increase much, and ppty px oredi increase too far ahead....i wud advice ppl to cut down on their budget and not to stretch to their last dollar if they r looking to buy now

let say u can buy a 2mil ppty now, i wud advice to go for 1mil for eg.

budgeting comes first b4 deciding the location n size

devilplate
19-05-11, 11:46
Not to add fuel to the fire, but after reading all the posts on MM here was wondering if anyone had studied pricing of big vs small units in other markets.

The benchmark I have personally been looking at is Hong Kong, where big units fetch a significant premium psf to small units....in HK most units are small, and large units are a rarity. A ex-colleague of mine used to look for neighbouring units and put them together to onsell to the well heeled.

Does anyone know the situation in Shanghai, London, NY etc?

i tink HK, big units commands higher psf in prime districts:2cents:

jus like penthse in orchard commands higher psf den standard units whereas the reverse is true for ocr

amk
19-05-11, 12:44
proud_owner is some one with a lot of cash on hand, and a high income to boot. and he chose to pay full as much as possible instead of leveraged.

it's far easier to make investment decisions when you are in his shoe (i.e. rich). ;)

in the mean time, spare a little thought on the middle class. who do not have a ton of cash. who do not have a very high income. he's not buying MM, but 500sft 1bd, 700 2bd , 1100 3bd is something worth considering. FH and nice location and 3bd and <2M ? not that many. What do you do with his 500k savings then ? Nothing ? Pty investment only for the rich?

I dun think proud_owner has an agenda. his concern is genuine. but he's just too rich to realize the little ones sometimes have no choice. :mad:

devilplate
19-05-11, 12:56
proud_owner is some one with a lot of cash on hand, and a high income to boot. and he chose to pay full as much as possible instead of leveraged.

it's far easier to make investment decisions when you are in his shoe (i.e. rich). ;)

in the mean time, spare a little thought on the middle class. who do not have a ton of cash. who do not have a very high income. he's not buying MM, but 500sft 1bd, 700 2bd , 1100 3bd is something worth considering. FH and nice location and 3bd and <2M ? not that many. What do you do with his 500k savings then ? Nothing ? Pty investment only for the rich?

I dun think proud_owner has an agenda. his concern is genuine. but he's just too rich to realize the little ones sometimes have no choice. :mad:

mabe those who buying GCBs will be laughing at proudowner....GCBs is wat i call BIG...not mickey mouse 1300sqft 3bedder....hehe

those will advice ppl to buy at least a semi D.....accumulate 3-4 1300sqft 3bedder to buy 1 semi -d:p

proud owner
19-05-11, 13:57
mabe those who buying GCBs will be laughing at proudowner....GCBs is wat i call BIG...not mickey mouse 1300sqft 3bedder....hehe

those will advice ppl to buy at least a semi D.....accumulate 3-4 1300sqft 3bedder to buy 1 semi -d:p

no i am not rich

my advice to buy 1300 sqft at least for 3 bedroom as oppose to those < 1000 sqft is precisely becos i care about the lower income ..

yes by mm is what they can afford .. and hopefully make some $$ .. but when they time come to move to something bigger .. the profit from the mm will not be enuff to buy the big one then

if you are looking for landed i woul;d have advise one to look for at least a 3600 sqft semi d

as for GCB ...no i dont really like it ..
i can get one 3 times the land size of GCB in US for 1-2 mio usd ..

anyway some rumor out ...ECB no longer accept Greek govt debt as collaterial ...

rumour only ah ,....dont flame me if it is not true .. EUR is reacting a bit now

danntbt
19-05-11, 14:15
u said bot a 2mil 3bedder in Jan 2011 rite? so which means u paid in full?:scared-1:
so which means u got spare 1-2mil cash at least now:scared-1:

can share the projects u bot? the 3bedder and the penthse? wats the current yield based on current valuation?

now u still recommend ppl to buy big units?:scared-1:
they r many scenario y ppl buy smaller mm rite? u just simply assume all like u who have 3-4mil in cash to buy ppty:scared-1:
....hey bro, think this guy is just trying to brag about his millions, not sure how old he is, but I assume around 40-50 at least or close to 60? One of my former principal who died recently owned a big bungalow in Adam Park ..worth more than 20 million at least....these were cheap in the past but we have a much bigger population now and it will continue to increase....but the point is...he died childless and could not cash in his big house to take along....nor has he anyone to leave to...so the moral of the story....why for the sake of our pride ...be a Proud Owner ....owning a big house but restricting our cash flow...we will live in a big house...but how do we live with all the money strapped to it? I am referring to the average Joe of course...not those with high salry working overseas.....

devilplate
19-05-11, 14:59
no i am not rich

my advice to buy 1300 sqft at least for 3 bedroom as oppose to those < 1000 sqft is precisely becos i care about the lower income ..

yes by mm is what they can afford .. and hopefully make some $$ .. but when they time come to move to something bigger .. the profit from the mm will not be enuff to buy the big one then

if you are looking for landed i woul;d have advise one to look for at least a 3600 sqft semi d

as for GCB ...no i dont really like it ..
i can get one 3 times the land size of GCB in US for 1-2 mio usd ..

anyway some rumor out ...ECB no longer accept Greek govt debt as collaterial ...

rumour only ah ,....dont flame me if it is not true .. EUR is reacting a bit now
U say gcb u not keen bcoz usa vy cheap at 1-2mio....den y u buy a 2mil condo in sg instead? Air space n puny 1800sqft rite?:beats-me-man:

Can only afford mm now, nxt time profit definitely not enuff...tats wat i m trying to drill....den who u gona sell ur big units in future?

Dark Knight
19-05-11, 18:40
U say gcb u not keen bcoz usa vy cheap at 1-2mio....den y u buy a 2mil condo in sg instead? Air space n puny 1800sqft rite?:beats-me-man:

Can only afford mm now, nxt time profit definitely not enuff...tats wat i m trying to drill....den who u gona sell ur big units in future?

Can you all stop bashing Proud Owner? This thread is on Foresque Residence.

Buy what you like and can afford...simple as that.

kingkong1984
19-05-11, 18:54
the forest killing grounds.

Anyway, change topic and I say buy the smallest unit to your liking.

:cool:

Old is gold?

Big is Pig?

Small is Tall?

Xan
19-05-11, 19:32
Buy big for self stay and comfort, life very short.
If got chance, sell it at high profit gain. If any so called "guru" ask me dream on...continue to do so and i don't even bother... Coz I hv already sold my 1600sqft 4 bedder unit to an Indonesian with 400k profit. I didn't hear frm them saying anything like "expensive" or "high quantum" or "no pay increase". They pay cash. I don't think these type of pple constitute only 1%.

Bought shaugh at 800k, my neighbor sold at 1.48mil. Some transact at 1.5mil. Another example showing big units fetch high capital gain. It is not difficult for my neighbor to sell, they took only 2 mths...even faster than my mm. I'm still stuck with my mm.

All these are 99lh, while I agree proud owner abt buying big units for self stay, I disagree must die die be freehold. Maybe he damn rich...I can't compare.

Buy small when u got budget constrain...purely looking at rental and not capital gain. I almost sold my mm at miserable 80k profit. But in the end, the transaction didn't fall through probably he changes his mind becoz of the size.

I hv no agenda. But quite tired of the arguments here. Proud owner has made his point...devil has also made his point. U guys can write and argue well coz prob u guys are very well read and well informed. In fact throughout the whole forums, only the few of us are writing here. Do we really represent the majority? I doubt so. So no need to argue until like ur father kill my father.

I like to end this quarrel base on real life example....not taking sides....not twisting facts and not even the slightest inclination to brag. I believe everyone is humble here...just difference in opinions.

Yap let's get back to forest kill.....yeah

solsys
19-05-11, 19:57
I think there are many MM in city area which makes it tough to subsale. Outskirts MM is a different story as size is still livable at 500-600sqft, and there are not as many MM in a specific town to compete.

Anyway, how are the sales gg for foresque?

DC33_2008
19-05-11, 20:42
What makes you think this way?
I think there are many MM in city area which makes it tough to subsale. Outskirts MM is a different story as size is still livable at 500-600sqft, and there are not as many MM in a specific town to compete.

Anyway, how are the sales gg for foresque?

solsys
19-05-11, 21:06
Just go and count the number of boutique developments with MM in core and outside core regions, if all of them offer equidistant to your workplace in CBD, there really are plenty of choices, e.g. Balestier, Geylang, Redhill.

Outskirts wise there aren't as many condo MM, ppl who buy such units or rent such units are singles or young couple working in the satelite towns, Ang Mo Kio, Yishun, Sengkang. However the numbers are growing for outskirts MM, and eventually will reach same situation as city MMs.

devilplate
19-05-11, 21:42
Ccr vs ocr
Mm vs big

Spread ur risk n dun b bias:D

kingkong1984
19-05-11, 21:56
Miniskirt, small door to facilities and car park

Outskirt, many small doors.

Center skirt, many small windows.

Windows to rich and expansive living at a cost of a small door.

A house need windows and doors, just make sure the roof dun collapse and the door is big enough to enter.

danntbt
23-05-11, 05:43
...was told abt 120 units sold so far...mostly 1 and 2 bedders...but from what I see even if the quantum seems affordable these are not facing the best views.

bargain hunter
23-05-11, 09:52
kind of disappointing considering the extensive advertising done over the past weekend.

...was told abt 120 units sold so far...mostly 1 and 2 bedders...but from what I see even if the quantum seems affordable these are not facing the best views.

amk
23-05-11, 11:33
kind of disappointing considering the extensive advertising done over the past weekend.
this is Bt Panjang ! 11##psf is out of this world in this kind of atmosphere. WingTai cannot match Qwek in terms of market timing. Tree House need to queue and ballot, this one, it will be lucky if they can clear half.

sfwoo
23-05-11, 11:51
Developer bought land at $345 psf...selling at $1200 psf...

Huat ah!

For the developer.

For buyers, well, government put in 4 yrs worth of SSD, can always buy with a hope that 4 years from now, can huat, or maybe not...

stalingrad
23-05-11, 11:57
this is Bt Panjang ! 11##psf is out of this world in this kind of atmosphere. WingTai cannot match Qwek in terms of market timing. Tree House need to queue and ballot, this one, it will be lucky if they can clear half.

out of this world? You talk like Chen show mao.

Just as ministerial salaries are coming back to earth, so will condo prices revert to long term norms.

I am more convinced of the incoming correction that I have been of other events.

kingkong1984
23-05-11, 12:08
out of this world? You talk like Chen show mao.

Just as ministerial salaries are coming back to earth, so will condo prices revert to long term norms.

I am more convinced of the incoming correction that I have been of other events.

The best! I agree! Must be Patient! Wait Out!

linchong84
23-05-11, 12:39
Developer bought land at $345 psf...selling at $1200 psf...

Huat ah!

For the developer.

345 sell at 1.2k means maybe they can B/E by seling 50%.. sounds good.. i thought H2O 360 sell at 1k already bad enough.. Never knew forest kill even more power..

irisng
23-05-11, 19:43
...ever heard about the aging population? And the new generatioin who prefer not to live with their parents? If indeed the silver ones are the target...there is a sizeable market, plus its those who are above 45 that have the means to buy into property anyway.......its just a case of trying to run before learning to walk for the younger generation these days....nobody believe in thriftiness, living within your means........and a big dose of envy and 'I want".........and that's why we loose George Yeo ....its easy to stir the young sentiments because they demand instant gratification....

I know times has changed, people's thinking also changed but just to share my experience with the youngsters. Buy within your means and if you want the flat fast, don't be choosy.

I got my 1st HDB flat after 4 years of waiting and that was a rejected flat (surprisingly it was Bishan, no MRT, no market and only 1 or 2 bus services at that time). While waiting for the flat, I rented a small bedroom from my sister's 3 room HDB flat. Then about 5 yrs later, I applied for an Executive flat but no news till about another 5 yrs later, I was invited to choose the EC which the govt had just started to launch. Mine was on the 3rd or 4th batch. At that time, I had to pay 25% levy on the sale price of my HDB flat because that was considered as a 2nd timer purchase. No choice, because I couldn't afford the pte condo. Currently, I manage to purchase another apartment for investment and that was 12 yrs later of staying in my current EC. I know some of them might say that by then, they are too old already but at least you don't get yourself into unnecessary debt, so the same advise, buy within your means. :tsk-tsk:

danntbt
24-05-11, 22:16
..sooner or later, the real figure will appear here:

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/realEstate/pageflow/price/submitSearch.do

hyenergix
24-05-11, 22:19
I know times has changed, people's thinking also changed but just to share my experience with the youngsters. Buy within your means and if you want the flat fast, don't be choosy.

I got my 1st HDB flat after 4 years of waiting and that was a rejected flat (surprisingly it was Bishan, no MRT, no market and only 1 or 2 bus services at that time). While waiting for the flat, I rented a small bedroom from my sister's 3 room HDB flat. Then about 5 yrs later, I applied for an Executive flat but no news till about another 5 yrs later, I was invited to choose the EC which the govt had just started to launch. Mine was on the 3rd or 4th batch. At that time, I had to pay 25% levy on the sale price of my HDB flat because that was considered as a 2nd timer purchase. No choice, because I couldn't afford the pte condo. Currently, I manage to purchase another apartment for investment and that was 12 yrs later of staying in my current EC. I know some of them might say that by then, they are too old already but at least you don't get yourself into unnecessary debt, so the same advise, buy within your means. :tsk-tsk:

Times have changed. My parents time was save for a rainy day. Now you try saving and see your purchasing power being stolen away by the central banks.

irisng
25-05-11, 21:15
Times have changed. My parents time was save for a rainy day. Now you try saving and see your purchasing power being stolen away by the central banks.

Even inflation also eat up our purchasing power. :banghead: So I am using some of my cash & cpf to invest in another property, hope that I have make the right choice. :ashamed1:

wilander
25-05-11, 21:28
Even inflation also eat up our purchasing power. :banghead: So I am using some of my cash & cpf to invest in another property, hope that I have make the right choice. :ashamed1:

u bought foresque?
u think this project is worthy of investment?

azeoprop
25-05-11, 21:41
http://www.foresqueresidences.com.sg/

Official website with floor plans. :)

DC33_2008
25-05-11, 21:45
Do consider carefully on all fronts if you have not invested.

irisng
25-05-11, 22:10
u bought foresque?
u think this project is worthy of investment?

No, I didn't but I think you'll be surprised at the location that I buy. I bought it without much consideration, sighhhh...:banghead: , just hope that everything turns out to be fine.

irisng
25-05-11, 22:21
Do consider carefully on all fronts if you have not invested.

Though foresque is nice but it looks complicated to me. I prefer a simple type of building.:cool:

DC33_2008
25-05-11, 22:27
As you are looking at investment property to grow your money (capital appreciation) and seek monthly return via rental, you may want to consider development that may not be new but newer resale unit in good strategic location like near mrt, good school, near town, etc. Would have to prepare for downturn, and unit still can yield rental return. It has to have its own niche tenant as there will a stream of new condos in two years time.
Though foresque is nice but it looks complicated to me. I prefer a simple type of building.:cool:

irisng
25-05-11, 22:32
As you are looking at investment property to grow your money (capital appreciation) and seek monthly return via rental, you may want to consider development that may not be new but newer resale unit in good strategic location like near mrt, good school, near town, etc. Would have to prepare for downturn, and unit still can yield rental return. It has to have its own niche tenant as there will a stream of new condos in two years time.

Thanks, but it is already too late as I have already committed one. I should have known this forum earlier before buying my 2nd property for investment. Too easily convinced by the agent.

danntbt
25-05-11, 23:03
No, I didn't but I think you'll be surprised at the location that I buy. I bought it without much consideration, sighhhh...:banghead: , just hope that everything turns out to be fine.
...as long as you have holding power....each trough/bottom has been higher tahn the previous.....and each peak will go higher....

mastrix
26-05-11, 00:20
Thanks, but it is already too late as I have already committed one. I should have known this forum earlier before buying my 2nd property for investment. Too easily convinced by the agent.
u should Thanks the agent. No worries lah. :spliff:

irisng
26-05-11, 08:19
u should Thanks the agent. No worries lah. :spliff:

Hope so, haha:o

SBR
28-05-11, 10:25
http://sbr.com.sg/residential-property/exclusive/foresque-residences-only-have-four-units-left-most-sought-after-locat

Rysk
28-05-11, 10:33
Wah!! Selling fast.. now only 4 units left:scared-4:

sfwoo
28-05-11, 10:43
Wah!! Selling fast.. now only 4 units left:scared-4:

There are 21 units facing Bkt Timah Hill. 17 have been sold.

What about the rest of the not so nice facing units???

flagship74
28-05-11, 10:49

They will be lelong soon..:D

sfwoo
28-05-11, 11:05

Lelong I dunno.

But I think we will be seeing the advertisements for long time.

After all, they just need to sell 50% of units and break even oredi.

devilplate
28-05-11, 11:44
mass market condo not near MRT selling above 1kpsf r seeing tough resistance....projects will take more den 1yr to get 90% sold

terassee aso quite expensive....just 5-10% cheaper den foresque

flagship74
28-05-11, 11:50
I believe with the new measures coming, it will affect all the properties market across all segments..good luck to those young couples!:)

azeoprop
28-05-11, 14:02
Is Stack 01 667sqft 2 bedder type B4 still available? :beats-me-man:

devilplate
28-05-11, 14:45
Is Stack 01 667sqft 2 bedder type B4 still available? :beats-me-man:
Terassee 2bedder better?

DC33_2008
28-05-11, 16:17
What so great about bukit timah hill from a distance? Have a FH apartment that can see the hill in close range and near mrt. It is priced cheaper than this one. Must go and have a look this afternoon.

linchong84
28-05-11, 16:40
What so great about bukit timah hill from a distance? Have a FH apartment that can see the hill in close range and near mrt. It is priced cheaper than this one. Must go and have a look this afternoon.

Nowadays people like new..

danntbt
28-05-11, 21:19
...treehouse has one unit listed sold in the secondary mkt in May at 1.18M..approx 945psf.....saw foresque...but the units all lacked balcony for laundry.

danntbt
28-05-11, 21:33
...did you noticed that the advertised prices have gone up abt 3%...frn 1.1M 1.15M.....in the ad?....could be a ploy but could also be they are hitting their targetted sales....

flagship74
28-05-11, 22:35
...did you noticed that the advertised prices have gone up abt 3%...frn 1.1M 1.15M.....in the ad?....could be a ploy but could also be they are hitting their targetted sales....

Madness price:scared-1:

devilplate
28-05-11, 22:36
Madness price:scared-1:
Those who bot it may take 10yrs to repent:D

Lovelle
28-05-11, 22:39
hey

new dev launched at toh guan road call Notting hill. any update

devilplate
28-05-11, 22:56
hey

new dev launched at toh guan road call Notting hill. any update
Far from mrt....mm units....roxy...

Haven preview yet

Haiz....abit regret nvr buy terrene 3bedder PH at 1kpsf....nearer to mrt....:(

Lovelle
28-05-11, 23:04
ha....don't regret la. there is always other boat to ride. Personally, don't like that area much...the incinerator is very near..

terrene only good point is good layout. wat abt the high oaks ?

devilplate
28-05-11, 23:13
ha....don't regret la. there is always other boat to ride. Personally, don't like that area much...the incinerator is very near..

terrene only good point is good layout. wat abt the high oaks ?
Terrene gd layout, fh, 8min to mrt....cons, site plan very cramp

High oak...99lh:tsk-tsk:

Go for signature park ;)

Lovelle
28-05-11, 23:15

Go for signature park ;)

terrene - 999 LH

further up park natura is FH.. almost TOP

devilplate
28-05-11, 23:49
terrene - 999 LH

further up park natura is FH.. almost TOP
Park facing can consider....

mygeemeel
29-05-11, 02:58

Go for signature park ;)

High oak warm and no wind 365 days a year.
Signature Park 1000 units. Many complain swimming pools have shit inside on many occasions. Yes, not joking. But prices are quite steady.

I prefer Bukit Timah Plaza. :)

Lovelle
29-05-11, 17:30
signature park any enbloc potential ?

rattydrama
29-05-11, 21:42
signature park any enbloc potential ?

big area...certaintly.. but dont kow who will be keen....not quite near mrt but near good school.

bargain hunter
01-06-11, 10:03
Wing Tai Holdings said in an update that it has sold over 140 apartments in its latest residential project, the 496-unit Foresque Residences at Upper Bukit Timah.

sfwoo
01-06-11, 10:07
Wing Tai Holdings said in an update that it has sold over 140 apartments in its latest residential project, the 496-unit Foresque Residences at Upper Bukit Timah.

Things are slowing down even for new launches. 140 out of 306 launched over ?3 weeks. Gone are the days sold out within one week of launch.

Resale even slower.

devilplate
01-06-11, 10:58
Things are slowing down even for new launches. 140 out of 306 launched over ?3 weeks. Gone are the days sold out within one week of launch.

Resale even slower.
Expected rite? 1.1-1.2kpsf in ulu n no mrt.....if sell like hotcakes den surely got cm5 soon

bargain hunter
01-06-11, 11:00
ok, i admit i have lost the may estimation bet, prob can't hit 2k, ur no. is more right. LOL. :ashamed1:

Expected rite? 1.1-1.2kpsf in ulu n no mrt.....if sell like hotcakes den surely got cm5 soon

sfwoo
01-06-11, 11:05

Treehouse buyers breathed a sigh of relief when they saw the pricing for Foresque.

bargain hunter
01-06-11, 11:07
not any more, coz its not moving hahaha.

Treehouse buyers breathed a sigh of relief when they saw the pricing for Foresque.

sfwoo
01-06-11, 11:11

Buay yau kin...as long as Foresque dun lelong the rest of the units and continue to call above $1.1K psf...Tree house has been "resqued".

danntbt
01-06-11, 14:17

...what do you expect? Sold out within a month? anyway 30% sold for a project on which land bought at bargain would have hit or near break even for WT....problem is there are too many bargain hunting speculators who are hoping that price will fall....these are probably the group who would sell when the bargain they buy gain in prices.......looking on a longer term, the area do have potential.

sfwoo
01-06-11, 14:46
...what do you expect? Sold out within a month? anyway 30% sold for a project on which land bought at bargain would have hit or near break even for WT....problem is there are too many bargain hunting speculators who are hoping that price will fall....these are probably the group who would sell when the bargain they buy gain in prices.......looking on a longer term, the area do have potential.
Speculators killed off by 16% seller stamp duty oredi. Buyer must hold for 4 yrs.

Bargains... Everybody loves to find one!

Tree house and Foresque good for people who like to take walks amongst greenery.

azeoprop
08-06-11, 15:03
Got a sms saying special launch discount 8% + 3% stamp duty rebate. :rolleyes:

devilplate
08-06-11, 15:43
Wow....extra stamp duty rebate.....

They nid to try harder! Hahaha

sfwoo
08-06-11, 17:15

The prices gone up by 2%. It was 10% plus stamp duty rebate.

Dark Knight
08-06-11, 18:52
The prices gone up by 2%. It was 10% plus stamp duty rebate.

With the rebate, so it means it is below 1000psf and not 1100psf plus as per what everyone believes?

sfwoo
08-06-11, 19:14
With the rebate, so it means it is below 1000psf and not 1100psf plus as per what everyone believes?
Despite that still above $1100 psf.

flagship74
08-06-11, 19:48
Despite that still above $1100 psf.

madness price despite the discount:scared-4:

sfwoo
08-06-11, 21:03
madness price despite the discount:scared-4:

Heard from an agent...got one Canadian ang moh buy 7 one-roomers.

rattydrama
08-06-11, 21:07
I agree that the layout is good. Location is subjective but maybe greenery is the catch. Also maybe now CCR too high for them, rather invest in OCR/RCR

dtrax
08-06-11, 21:07
I think he ate too much carrot cake on the day until tio tai 7 times. Who knows scarly decades of boom he laughing to the bank with 7 1bedders. Maybe he has 6 kids. 1 for each unit + retirement. I will just take his claim as a pinch of salt and move on....

mastrix
08-06-11, 21:37
bingo :sleep:

linchong84
08-06-11, 21:49

He should have bought 7 x tennery instead..

mastrix
08-06-11, 22:00
most angmoh like to stay away from the crowd and traffic.

Lovelle
08-06-11, 22:02
is there a canadian school ard ?

flagship74
08-06-11, 22:41
He should have bought 7 x tennery instead..

I think he should wait for a while for the property px to drop further:doh:

devilplate
09-06-11, 00:10
Vy weird....

Ard 4mil budget in total....y hoot mm in such ulu location? I tot mm must b near mrt n amenities?:beats-me-man:

Can buy 2 units in ccr leh....or 4-5 studios at skysuites@anson aso better rite?

Regulators
09-06-11, 00:37
is the info accurate? he could be buying to sell to foreigners back in his own country

sfwoo
09-06-11, 11:23
is the info accurate? he could be buying to sell to foreigners back in his own country
SSD makes it not wise to sell in first four years.

danntbt
09-06-11, 12:22
Canadian school coming up at JLD near btw Lakeside n chinese gdn mrt.....not that far away, maybe he is planning to take in canadian students there, charge maybe 2k per kids per unit...thats nearly 50k pm.......arrange for a bus to take them to school.....prob can still nett 30-40K....

azeoprop
12-06-11, 14:28
Went to have a look just now, compressed marble flooring for living and dining and masterbath. Homogenous tiles for common bath balcony and kitchen. Timber for bedrooms.

The 2 bedroom showflat layout seems quite ok for 2adults and 1 child to live in.

Some cheaper 2 bedroom pricing after discount.

#13-01 667sqft 809500
#04-05 710sqft 833400
#10-02 743sqft 829400
#10-21 743sqft 830400

All comes with stamp duty rebate.

Quite like the design actually. :o

flagship74
12-06-11, 21:08
Went to have a look just now, compressed marble flooring for living and dining and masterbath. Homogenous tiles for common bath balcony and kitchen. Timber for bedrooms.

The 2 bedroom showflat layout seems quite ok for 2adults and 1 child to live in.

Some cheaper 2 bedroom pricing after discount.

#13-01 667sqft 809500
#04-05 710sqft 833400
#10-02 743sqft 829400
#10-21 743sqft 830400

All comes with stamp duty rebate.

Quite like the design actually. :o

I walk passed this evening and saw many cars parking along the roadside, for a moment i thought today must be a busy day for wing tai but later thought it might be the agents or bankers vehicles.:D