PDA

View Full Version : Will nuclear leak cause immigrant flow to south Asia?

Douk
16-03-11, 07:46
What's your view?

Will nuclear leak in japan cause inflow of foreigner? Chinese, hong kee, japanese ? Property price to shoot up?

Will the leak cause another global crisis?

devilplate
16-03-11, 11:05
What's your view?

Will nuclear leak in japan cause inflow of foreigner? Chinese, hong kee, japanese ? Property price to shoot up?

Will the leak cause another global crisis?

if radiation cannot contained....global equities cfm jialat lor....and if drag too long....gona affect ppty prices in SG for sure due to chain reaction....many ppl prior to japan crisis oredi dying to come to SG leh....jus tat govt goto slowdown the floodgate...so to me, ppty prices will not go up due to inflow ...

germany got chance to overtake liao

azeoprop
16-03-11, 13:29
According to the news, many foreign companies in tokyo are relocating their operations to HK or Singapore due to the uncertain nuclear risks now. :beats-me-man:

med80009
16-03-11, 14:06
Careful what you ask for. As with japan n Dubai, funds and people (talent) can leave as easy as they come in. Better be aware of the potential downside from being too reliant on these for economic growth and projections.

DC33_2008
16-03-11, 16:19
Imagine what had happened in Japan is in Sumatra with a 9 on the Richter scale earthquake and the buildings in Singapore will be experiencing a after shock of 5. Can buildings in Singapore withstand such after shock? Better to stay in low-rise or landed properties which gives you more time to escape.

hopeful
16-03-11, 16:38
Imagine what had happened in Japan is in Sumatra with a 9 on the Richter scale earthquake and the buildings in Singapore will be experiencing a after shock of 5. Can buildings in Singapore withstand such after shock? Better to stay in low-rise or landed properties which gives you more time to escape.

low-rise or landed dangerous also. Brick walls can collapse.
If you notice, it is the low rise buildings, ie terrace houses etc that got swept away. Larger buildings are not swept away.

So take your pick.
1) low rise/landed buildings, (questionably) safer in earthquake, (definitely) more dangerous in tsunami.
2) high rise buildings, (questionably) more dangerous in earthquake, (definitely) less dangerous in tsunami.
I dont think any buildings in Japan collapse during earthquake. Most of the damage was by tsunami.

Safest is stay in container housing. Since a 40ft container is a single structure, very very much unlikely the walls will collapse, at most dented.
Did you see the containers after tsunami? They were intact :).
Better still is container built on top of springs.

I should be more scared than you. Because constructions standards not as high as in Singapore.

azeoprop
16-03-11, 17:14
Also those buildings on reclaimed lands will be much more vulnerable during earthquakes.

DC33_2008
16-03-11, 18:16
I am not talking about Tsunami but the tremor. Highrise is more prone to collapse and less time to escape out of the building.
low-rise or landed dangerous also. Brick walls can collapse.
If you notice, it is the low rise buildings, ie terrace houses etc that got swept away. Larger buildings are not swept away.

So take your pick.
1) low rise/landed buildings, (questionably) safer in earthquake, (definitely) more dangerous in tsunami.
2) high rise buildings, (questionably) more dangerous in earthquake, (definitely) less dangerous in tsunami.
I dont think any buildings in Japan collapse during earthquake. Most of the damage was by tsunami.

Safest is stay in container housing. Since a 40ft container is a single structure, very very much unlikely the walls will collapse, at most dented.
Did you see the containers after tsunami? They were intact :).
Better still is container built on top of springs.

I should be more scared than you. Because constructions standards not as high as in Singapore.

land118
16-03-11, 19:38
Funny enough, a friend of mine told me the same thing about sumatra side, if terrible earthquake occured, Singapore may feel the " shakes ", worst is if new fault lines are created as a result of major quake like 9..., suddenly
, Earthquake become a more really, can never say never....just count ourselves lucky for now. Best stay on hightop or highland..., land property of hilltop of highland...not many in Singapore...

Localite
16-03-11, 20:58
According to the news, many foreign companies in tokyo are relocating their operations to HK or Singapore due to the uncertain nuclear risks now. :beats-me-man:

Sure or not? Just within a week they decide like that? I don't believe it.

Localite
16-03-11, 21:04
Do people start avoiding high rise condos (bec sg buildings not designed for big earthquakes) and landed near sea?

Come to think abt it quite scary. Very low chance of earthquake or tsunami, but there's a chance.

Then one day there'll be a cyclone and then ppl avoid houses with a lot of glass.

No end to this.....

mcmlxxvi
16-03-11, 21:17
I am not talking about Tsunami but the tremor. Highrise is more prone to collapse and less time to escape out of the building.
So The Interlace being containers stacked on each other is the safest?

mcmlxxvi
16-03-11, 21:21
Melissa on CNA interviewed a Singaporean working in Tokyo with a cat, asked her if the cat behave strangely... My two cats, one (the more sensitive one) started vomiting everything he eats around the time of the earthquakes started and the other started vomiting today also. And behave extra needy these past few days... Are we sensing something coming on the way? As I type this my neighbour dog has been barking non stop the past 3 hours... And is inconsolable.

hopeful
16-03-11, 21:42
Melissa on CNA interviewed a Singaporean working in Tokyo with a cat, asked her if the cat behave strangely... My two cats, one (the more sensitive one) started vomiting everything he eats around the time of the earthquakes started and the other started vomiting today also. And behave extra needy these past few days... Are we sensing something coming on the way? As I type this my neighbour dog has been barking non stop the past 3 hours... And is inconsolable.

short STI.
if earthquake happens, STI may plunge 16% over 2 days :)
Big money already.

hopeful
16-03-11, 21:58

another thought, your house may not be "clean".

sh
16-03-11, 22:14

So have to keep 2 cats and 1 dog as early warning device?:confused:

mcmlxxvi
16-03-11, 22:16
another thought, your house may not be "clean".
Wa lao why suddenly not clean leh... Cant be the spirits suddenly turn up right. Actually things started after next door neighbour moved in few days back...

mcmlxxvi
16-03-11, 22:18
So have to keep 2 cats and 1 dog as early warning device?:confused:
Dunno maybe one is enough... Btw the dog still barking away... He throat not pain I think my ear also pain.

extremme
16-03-11, 22:24
Sure or not? Just within a week they decide like that? I don't believe it.
Prob temp measures they all activate their business contingency plans

hopeful
16-03-11, 22:25
Dunno maybe one is enough... Btw the dog still barking away... He throat not pain I think my ear also pain.

cannot complain to condo management?
since you are cat lover, want to pass bylaw banning barking dogs? :D

extremme
16-03-11, 22:27
Earthquake maybe but I hope not tsunami dun tink so we r sheltered by Bintam batam n Malaysia so they will take first hit by then power of tsunami shld have subsided . Imagine if really gena, all e more expensive properties Like ir, sail, sentosa cove etc r first to gena better dun go for anymore sea view units haha

zzz1
16-03-11, 22:31

properly your neighbour dog is having consipation la...

mcmlxxvi
16-03-11, 23:01
cannot complain to condo management?
since you are cat lover, want to pass bylaw banning barking dogs? :D
Hdb ban cats already rather stupid. Dont wanna repeat the mistake by asking to ban dogs in condo here la... Me animal lover not only cats...

Wild Falcon
17-03-11, 11:30
Therein lies the problem. These foreigners are fleeing Japan at the first sign of trouble. Apparently, all the foreigners are chartering flights out of Japan. When crisis strikes, the local people are the ones who stay behind for their loved ones. Singapore already has 50% foreigners and PR. Imagine any crisis happens, these guys are the first to run. And knowing our govt, foreigners and elites will be given priority to flee, leaving behind the Singaporeans to hold the fort and save the loved ones.

It just shows no country should be overly dependent on foreigners. They are the first to evacuate at first sign of trouble.

devilplate
17-03-11, 12:01
knowing our govt, foreigners and elites will be given priority to flee, leaving behind the Singaporeans to hold the fort and save the loved ones.

u sure anot....elites mabe...but all foreigners/PR got priority to leave....? care to elaborate more?:confused:

Wild Falcon
17-03-11, 12:10
Just look at Japan. Who are the ones chartering the flights out? And as a country, we have to make sure that we stay behind to protect our own people, while our guests from other countries leave first, so that we don't offend the other countries..... In times of crisis, usually foreigners have priority to leave.

And nuclear plant as a defense strategy is such a joke. Once a bomb hit a plant, entire Singapore will be wiped out. Our neighbouring countries are larger in size and population - its easy for them to evacuate to safety zone. In fact, it makes a small country like Singapore even more vulnerable. The indonesians can drop a bomb and still at a safety distance. And losing 4 million people is a big deal to Singapore but nothing to Indonesia because they have 200 million people lah. So this defense argument doesn't fly.

u sure anot....elites mabe...but all foreigners/PR got priority to leave....? care to elaborate more?:confused:

devilplate
17-03-11, 12:17
Just look at Japan. Who are the ones chartering the flights out? And as a country, we have to make sure that we stay behind to protect our own people, while our guests from other countries leave first, so that we don't offend the other countries..... In times of crisis, usually foreigners have priority to leave.

i wud say rich and powerful got the chance to leave first....not just any foreigners/PR....

as a country, male citizens below mabe 55yo goto stay put...for sure one(no way govt gona let u go).....but tink families can leave if u got the connection/moolah

devilplate
17-03-11, 12:23
And nuclear plant as a defense strategy is such a joke. Once a bomb hit a plant, entire Singapore will be wiped out. Our neighbouring countries are larger in size and population - its easy for them to evacuate to safety zone. In fact, it makes a small country like Singapore even more vulnerable. The indonesians can drop a bomb and still at a safety distance. And losing 4 million people is a big deal to Singapore but nothing to Indonesia because they have 200 million people lah. So this defense argument doesn't fly.

den one can argue....y we nid to serve NS???

one atomic bomb and we r gone

hopeful
17-03-11, 12:25

The ones chartering out are the elite. Those who can afford to charter a flight out. You think Filipino maids in Japan can charter flight out?
Moral of story is: be rich, anything happens, you can fly out.

I am glad you don't take me seriously. Thanks. I don't want Singapore government to be angry with me. Just remember, nuclear plant is only for generating electricity and not part of poison pill strategy.

If Singapore turns out to be radioactive wasteland, who benefits? Does Indonesia benefits? Does Malaysia benefits? if dont benefit, why make Singapore into a wasteland. Think!
For your reading pleasure, please google on "Samson option".

Let me ask you a question, who control GIC, Temasek, CPF funds if Singapore occupied by foreign country, earthquake, etc. Can overseas Singaporean withdraw in embassies? Please ask your kakis this question.
So in times of crisis, who benefit? :rolleyes: Elites again of course.

Regulators
17-03-11, 12:27
our govt still treat foreigners so well, giving out PRs so easily and allowing them to buy up our HDB flats whether it is resale or not. I think our govt should restrict HDB flats to citizens and only those PRs who have shown proof that they have lived in singapore for a substantial amount of time.

Therein lies the problem. These foreigners are fleeing Japan at the first sign of trouble. Apparently, all the foreigners are chartering flights out of Japan. When crisis strikes, the local people are the ones who stay behind for their loved ones. Singapore already has 50% foreigners and PR. Imagine any crisis happens, these guys are the first to run. And knowing our govt, foreigners and elites will be given priority to flee, leaving behind the Singaporeans to hold the fort and save the loved ones.

It just shows no country should be overly dependent on foreigners. They are the first to evacuate at first sign of trouble.

devilplate
17-03-11, 12:32
our govt still treat foreigners so well, giving out PRs so easily and allowing them to buy up our HDB flats whether it is resale or not. I think our govt should restrict HDB flats to citizens and only those PRs who have shown proof that they have lived in singapore for a substantial amount of time.

PR buying HDB without grant and they r only a lessee afterall....to me, i m fine with it.....I HATE when rich foreigners buying our 999/FH landed!!!:simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

hopeful
17-03-11, 12:35
can read this post long time ago. surprise nobody refute.
Either it is very stupid everybody ignore or it is like saying the sun rises in the east, nobody can argue. which is which :beats-me-man:
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10363

wenqing
17-03-11, 14:36

Look at history patterns, any conflict arises, foreigners are first to leave.

It is a no brainer.

During WW2, all the caucasians civilians are leaving Singapore because Japanese coming.

Leaving behind British troops who had to fight because that was their basic job.

But the volunteers who form the Home Guard were Chinese, Malays and Indians.

No caucasian volunteer units.

Look at Libya, the first to flee are all the expats working there aided by their country's military.

Only locals stay and fight it out with Gaddafi.

This pattern is guaranteed.

Which human being wants to stay in troubled land when he can go safer grounds.

But Singaporeans cannot go anyway but stay and survive.

Some people I met after seeing African dictatorship situation rather vote for opposition now than wait for Singapore to become another Africa.

They rather use peaceful methods like elections and votes now to curb excesses of government rather than use uprisings to do the same thing.

The present one sided system will easily allow a dictator to emerge through PAP and the present political system will not be sufficient to stop it. Similiar to how Hitler rose to power via Nazi party.

If there is only one big developer in Singapore who wins every land bids leaving only 2 small developers with 2 condominiums, this single big developer can easily sell houses at 2000psf. Take it or leave it.

If you do not buy, just be homeless.

wenqing
17-03-11, 14:46
The ones chartering out are the elite. Those who can afford to charter a flight out. You think Filipino maids in Japan can charter flight out?

I am glad you don't take me seriously. Thanks. I don't want Singapore government to be angry with me. Just remember, nuclear plant is only for generating electricity and not part of poison pill strategy.

If Singapore turns out to be radioactive wasteland, who benefits? Does Indonesia benefits? Does Malaysia benefits? if dont benefit, why make Singapore into a wasteland. Think!

Let me ask you a question, who control GIC, Temasek, CPF funds if Singapore occupied by foreign country, earthquake, etc. Can overseas Singaporean withdraw in embassies? Please ask your kakis this question.

If we reach that situation of war and chaos, Singapore will be wasted with destruction.

Whoever waste Singapore will just leave it as it is like Chernobyl. A wasteland.

Whoever takes over Singapore will just plunder whatever money Singapore have be it GLCs, Temasek and GIC.

It is time of chaos and not law and not accountability.

Everything is by force and not use mouth, not law or use paper authorisation.

Whoever got bigger guns have biggest say.

Elites or not, every Singaporean will be slaves. The new elites are the countries that wasted Singapore.

hopeful
17-03-11, 14:53
Whoever takes over Singapore will just plunder whatever money Singapore have be it GLCs, Temasek and GIC.

If this is the kind of thinking "opposition" posseses, PAP government no worries.
You think they keep physical dollar notes, bonds?
How much space occupied would $100 billion notes be?
When they buy USA companies, you think they ship $5billion physical notes from Singapore. :doh:
Welcome to the age of electronic banking.

UOB sell gold certificates, you think they have physical gold to back every gold certificate they have?

hopeful
17-03-11, 14:58
Whoever waste Singapore will just leave it as it is like Chernobyl. A wasteland.

thank you for your armageddon scenario. Who benefits? you will say conquerors, so who are the conquerors? And how do they benefits?

wenqing
17-03-11, 14:59
If this is the kind of thinking "opposition" posseses, PAP government no worries.
You think they keep physical dollar notes, bonds?
How much space occupied would $100 billion notes be?
When they buy USA companies, you think they ship $5billion physical notes from Singapore. :doh:
Welcome to the age of electronic banking.

?????

Where did I talk about Opposition ??

Why bring in Opposition and PAP here ?? No logic.

You yourself is talking about war situation in Singapore.

You think in time of chaos, lawlessness and no logic, banks will still follow procedures ??

Who is talking about just physical money here ??

Look at all the conflicts in history, whatever new ways there are to safeguard money, there is always counter way to plunder war spoils.

ay123
17-03-11, 15:07
Look at history patterns, any conflict arises, foreigners are first to leave.

It is a no brainer.

During WW2, all the caucasians civilians are leaving Singapore because Japanese coming.

Leaving behind British troops who had to fight because that was their basic job.

But the volunteers who form the Home Guard were Chinese, Malays and Indians.

No caucasian volunteer units.

Look at Libya, the first to flee are all the expats working there aided by their country's military.

Only locals stay and fight it out with Gaddafi.

This pattern is guaranteed.

Which human being wants to stay in troubled land when he can go safer grounds.

But Singaporeans cannot go anyway but stay and survive.

Some people I met after seeing African dictatorship situation rather vote for opposition now than wait for Singapore to become another Africa.

They rather use peaceful methods like elections and votes now to curb excesses of government rather than use uprisings to do the same thing.

The present one sided system will easily allow a dictator to emerge through PAP and the present political system will not be sufficient to stop it. Similiar to how Hitler rose to power via Nazi party.

If there is only one big developer in Singapore who wins every land bids leaving only 2 small developers with 2 condominiums, this single big developer can easily sell houses at 2000psf. Take it or leave it.

If you do not buy, just be homeless.

when a country is in trouble of course the last to go should be the citizen. becos tats their country. i don see any issue if foreigner should leave first. if spore is in trouble and u are the first to go then i don see the need of yr "superb passionate" about voting afterall u do not have any sense of citizenship. likewise now japan is in trouble, u would want to see all singaporean to leave japan first

hopeful
17-03-11, 15:08
?????

Where did I talk about Opposition ??

Why bring in Opposition and PAP here ?? No logic.

You yourself is talking about war situation in Singapore.

You think in time of chaos, lawlessness and no logic, banks will still follow procedures ??

Who is talking about just physical money here ??

Look at all the conflicts in history, whatever new ways there are to safeguard money, there is always counter way to plunder war spoils.

wow, and how do they plunder electronic accounts? I am interested to know. I admit I am ignorant in this,
So basically the conquerors tell the European and American governments, I physically occupied Singapore, now whatever accounts GIC, Temasek has in your banking system belongs to me. :doh:

Wild Falcon
17-03-11, 15:09
Elite American or non-elite Americans. Elite PRC or non-elite PRC. You can be sure the foreign government will exert enough pressure to make sure their people evacuate first. It's not all about elitism u know. The Singaporeans will be ranked quite lowly. :banghead:

And war is never about mutual benefit. Its more about ego and destroying your enemy. You're the one who keep emphasing that nuclear plant is a great "defense strategy" when in reality, it can also make us more vulnerable. In short, it makes it easier for our enemy to destroy us - never mind if we become a wasteland.

One must be really naive to think war is about "benefit". Most of the time its about power and ego.

wenqing
17-03-11, 15:09
thank you for your armageddon scenario. Who benefits? you will say conquerors, so who are the conquerors? And how do they benefits?

If you really think anybody who invade Singapore is just taking over an worthless and empty piece of land, then why did British sacrifice Indonesia in exchange for Singapore and Malaya with the Dutch ??

Why did Japanese invade Singapore, make SEA HQ and call it Syonan-To (Light of the South).

Every different generations, the value of Singapore is seen differently.

But war has no logic , some people just to waste Singapore with no benefits but for nationalist pride, who can deny them ??

Hitler invaded Austria with no real value.

Arab countries attack Israel for years with just one reason , religion.

There are countless conflicts started out with no rhyme or reason, who can deny them ??

You think every country do a thorough cost-analysis benefit before starting war ??

You have children hoping to strike gold or have tangible benefits ?? Why waste the effort ??

Why did Europeans explore the world without knowing what benefit it will bring them ??

Not everything need a monetary reason for action and Singapore government should start learning this.

wenqing
17-03-11, 15:16
wow, and how do they plunder electronic accounts? I am interested to know. I admit I am ignorant in this,
So basically the conquerors tell the European and American governments, I physically occupied Singapore, now whatever accounts GIC, Temasek has in your banking system belongs to me. :doh:

Why cannot the conquerors be Americans and Europeans themselves ??

You think they invaded Middle East countries just for oil, religion, terrorism and return back later for self-rule ??

Why cannot the so-called elites of Singapore succumb to conquerors and give up whatever Singapore have ??

In WW2, you think they only plunder physical money, art, gold, artifacts etc ??

You think Singapore money can be really shielded by just buttons in times of war, no logic, lawlessness and chaos ??

wenqing
17-03-11, 15:26
when a country is in trouble of course the last to go should be the citizen. becos tats their country. i don see any issue if foreigner should leave first. if spore is in trouble and u are the first to go then i don see the need of yr "superb passionate" about voting afterall u do not have any sense of citizenship. likewise now japan is in trouble, u would want to see all singaporean to leave japan first

You say so much but in the end is agreeing with me that any conflicts, foreigner will leave first right ??

I am just responding to the fact Singapore population now has 50% foreigners and 50% Singaporeans. Is there enough hot-blooded Singaporeans to defend Singapore anymore if present immigration policies remain ??

Why bring in and assume I will leave first and connect to my voting pattern. No link and no logic here.

So you saying in times of conflicts, those who voted PAP can leave and those who voted Opposition cannot leave because of their 'superb passionate' ???

You are really funny and no logic.

hopeful
17-03-11, 15:33
If you really think anybody who invade Singapore is just taking over an worthless and empty piece of land, then why did British sacrifice Indonesia in exchange for Singapore and Malaya with the Dutch ??

Why did Japanese invade Singapore, make SEA HQ and call it Syonan-To (Light of the South).

Every different generations, the value of Singapore is seen differently.

You said it yourself. Singapore is sitting on a piece of prime estate. But radioactive Singapore wasteland is worthless.

wenqing
17-03-11, 15:42
You said it yourself. Singapore is sitting on a piece of prime estate. But radioactive Singapore wasteland is worthless.

Do not be selective in quoting me.

I also said different generations see the value of Singapore differently.

Japanese invaded Malaya for rubber, tin and raw materials and Singapore does not have but Japanese still invaded Singapore but for reasons less monetary.

I also said wars are not started base on value, cost-benefit analysis and worth alone.

Many wars in history are started simply because both sides just to waste each other for nationalism, pride, hatred, history, religion etc.

Wars by itself has no logic anyway.

Who cares if Singapore becomes a wasteland after any war ??

Who is to deny the enemies happiness in seeing Singapore turning to become a wasteland ??

hopeful
17-03-11, 15:42
Why cannot the conquerors be Americans and Europeans themselves ??
A lot of far fetch possibilities. USA and European invade Singapore. Haiti illegal immigrants also invade Singapore.
Who are the most likely aggressor?

Far fetch scenario,
So USA and European nuclear designers give faulty design to Japan, when earthquake or tsunami strike, the reactors will go to meltdown.
Is the above scenario possible? Yes.
Is it farfetch? Yes,

Is USA & European built nuclear plant using faulty design in Singapore.
So that one day, an earthquake in Indonesia will trigger an earthquake sensitive device that makes the reactors go critical. Everybody KO.
The world blame it on earthquake. Nobody knows about stealthy device in nuclear plants.
USA & European claim GIC and Temasek funds for themselves.
Is it farfetch? Yes,

I also can think of farfetch scenarios.:cheers1:

wenqing
17-03-11, 15:46
A lot of far fetch possibilities. USA and European invade Singapore. Haiti illegal immigrants also invade Singapore.
Who are the most likely aggressor?

Far fetch scenario,
So USA and European nuclear designers give faulty design to Japan, when earthquake or tsunami strike, the reactors will go to meltdown.
Is it farfetch? Yes,

Is USA & European built nuclear plant using faulty design in Singapore.
So that one day, an earthquake in Indonesia will trigger an earthquake sensitive device that makes the reactors go critical. Everybody KO.
The world blame it on earthquake. Nobody knows about stealthy device in nuclear plants.
USA & European claim GIC and Temasek funds for themselves.
Is it farfetch? Yes,

I also can think of farfetch scenarios.:cheers1:

Do not use only worse examples to give yourself credibility.

Many far-fetch scenarios never thought to happen in real life but eventually did happen like Space exploration, Atomic Bomb, Indian Ocean tsunami, Japanese tsunami and nuclear meltdown.

Not to mention Collapse of Communism in Europe, African Dictator Uprisings Domino Effect, Malaysian Political Tsunami by Opposition etc.

hopeful
17-03-11, 15:51

Many far-fetch scenarios never thought to happen in real life but eventually did happen like Space exploration, Atomic Bomb, Indian Ocean tsunami, Japanese tsunami and nuclear meltdown.

Not to mention Collapse of Communism in Europe, African Dictator Uprisings Domino Effect, Malaysian Political Tsunami by Opposition etc.

so you really think USA and Europeans will really install a quake sensitive device that will trigger an nuclear meltdown if earthquake 9.0 occurs?

ay123
17-03-11, 15:56
You say so much but in the end is agreeing with me that any conflicts, foreigner will leave first right ??

I am just responding to the fact Singapore population now has 50% foreigners and 50% Singaporeans. Is there enough hot-blooded Singaporeans to defend Singapore anymore if present immigration policies remain ??

Why bring in and assume I will leave first and connect to my voting pattern. No link and no logic here.

So you saying in times of conflicts, those who voted PAP can leave and those who voted Opposition cannot leave because of their 'superb passionate' ???

You are really funny and no logic.

i never disagree that foreigner will leave first during trouble time. i have no issue with tat. is u tat do not agree tat foreigner should leave first.
i also never say that opposition cannot leave. i am saying tat if u want to be the first to run away from yr country during trouble time. u have no sense of citizenship at all. why in the 1st place u want to be so passion about GE and make so much noise abt opposition not given a chance to be voted in!!!! please bear in mind that U DON BEG TO BE VOTED IN!! U EARN IT!!!

hopeful
17-03-11, 16:05
But war has no logic , some people just to waste Singapore with no benefits but for nationalist pride, who can deny them ??

Hitler invaded Austria with no real value.

Arab countries attack Israel for years with just one reason , religion.

There are countless conflicts started out with no rhyme or reason, who can deny them ??
wars are made because there are benefits.
Religion, nationalist pride, racial superiority, vengeance for acts that were done centuries ago are just reasons to incite the masses (as in people like you and me), as in to make morally right to kill the enemies.

The leaders, well they know the benefits.

Do you know the cause of American Revolution? Business. Only when the business class participate did it really take of, as in Boston Tea Party incident.

hopeful
17-03-11, 16:17

Why cannot the conquerors be Americans and Europeans themselves ???.........
so you think USA and Europeans installing device in Singapore nuclear plant not logical,
and yet you think USA and Europeans invading Singapore and plunder GIC, Temasek funds are logical?:)

devilplate
17-03-11, 16:52
ignore ignore just ignore:cheers6:

ay123
17-03-11, 17:07
don ignore lah.....he put in so much effort and use his "boiled blood" to entertain us. read his post with potato chips....quite enjoying leh :D

hopeful
17-03-11, 17:17
so far nobody knows the answers? Wenqing, Regulators, Wild falcon?

Wild Falcon
17-03-11, 18:03
Irrelevant to the thread - those who come into this thread to talk about nuclear plant will not be interested to discuss the control of GIC or Temasek. You may want to start another thread.

so far nobody knows the answers? Wenqing, Regulators, Wild falcon?

wenqing
17-03-11, 18:26
don ignore lah.....he put in so much effort and use his "boiled blood" to entertain us. read his post with potato chips....quite enjoying leh :D

He is asking us to ignore your irrelevant replies instead.

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

romeo
19-03-11, 15:13
i have read the points put forth by both Opposition and Proposition..
I declare Opposition wins!!:D

romeo
19-03-11, 15:16
hmm.. i still oppose having a nuclear plant.. i dun wan to die a mutant.. sg is too small to take it shld anything untoward happen..

can we build it in indonesia n link it via underwater tunnels.. lolz

hopeful
19-03-11, 17:02
hmm.. i still oppose having a nuclear plant.. i dun wan to die a mutant.. sg is too small to take it shld anything untoward happen..

can we build it in indonesia n link it via underwater tunnels.. lolz

sure, lets built it in Indonesia.
In difficult times or accident, possibilities.
1) Indonesia cut off gas supply from Natunas. (anybody still remembered blackout because gas cut off in Indonesia side)?
2) Indonesia cut off electricity supply from nuclear station.
3) Now, not only haze from Indonesia cover Singapore, radioactive cloud from Indonesia also cover Singapore.
Thanks for your vote of confidence in Indonesia.:cheers1:

19-03-11, 19:35
Tsk tsk tsk... :doh:

What is it with men, politics & war???????? A result of high testerone level, ego and pride?????

Peace rules!!!:D

Btw, anyone thought of asking Gen Y (born after 1980) on their opinions on the above? I think their answers will be truly :scared-5: And "enlightening" to most here.

hopeful
19-03-11, 22:19
Tsk tsk tsk... :doh:

What is it with men, politics & war???????? A result of high testerone level, ego and pride?????

Peace rules!!!:D

Btw, anyone thought of asking Gen Y (born after 1980) on their opinions on the above? I think their answers will be truly :scared-5: And "enlightening" to most here.

Yup, agreed. Make love, not war ;).
Ok, I will take the bait. So what's Gen Y opinions?

19-03-11, 23:34
Yup, agreed. Make love, not war ;).
Ok, I will take the bait. So what's Gen Y opinions?

I'll give you a strong hint. :p

Why do you think that there is so much emphasis on national education (aka NESS) these days? ;)

Also, have you guys noticed that there are more and more youngsters in this Generation seeking to take time off their regular jobs to do volunteer work overseas? :)

These are the ones in their twenties.