PDA

View Full Version : What are the condos in Opposition Ward

Pages : 1 [2]

chiaberry
30-04-11, 10:41
What do you think? President is also a white-man as I attended a close-door session with him and white-man before he is the president. Just to clarify, I was just curious at that time and want to see what they do in YP. Even drank tea and eat tiong bahru pao with the Minister for Health then in round table discussion. But it was not cup of tea.

Actually I think that whatever we vote, MIW will still have the final say as there is no way that a minority opposition camp in Parliament can outvote any of the MIW proposals. They can control things how they like to make their point (ie prices in opposition GRCs can drop, maintenance can be wirhdrawn etc etc). Like it or not, we are their "children" and this "father" wields a firm and powerful hand. So we await with interest the results of the GE to see if Singaporeans are still guai-guai kids of the incumbent or are capable of rebelling against the parent.

I am neutral politically. Not fearmongering but even supporters of the Opp have to face up to some reality. I must admit that support for the Opp looks good this time round but not sure if ppl are just going for the wayang or are they keen on changing the face of Singapore history this time round. It could be our grandpa's last GE in his lifetime. Let us see how he his grandkids have grown up (now this generation is grandkids already, the kids are in their 50s).

chiaberry
30-04-11, 10:43
What do you think? President is also a white-man as I attended a close-door session with him and white-man before he is the president. Just to clarify, I was just curious at that time and want to see what they do in YP. Even drank tea and eat tiong bahru pao with the Minister for Health then in round table discussion. But it was not cup of tea.

Yes...did some people hint that previous President not as white as this one and therefore some tragedies befell him? I was wondering as one or two forumers had made some remarks in another thread that made me wonder.

DC33_2008
30-04-11, 11:00
Just watch the presidency election. It will be a Malay and could possibly with a "T".
Yes...did some people hint that previous President not as white as this one and therefore some tragedies befell him? I was wondering as one or two forumers had made some remarks in another thread that made me wonder.

hopeful
30-04-11, 11:20
Just watch the presidency election. It will be a Malay and could possibly with a "T".

DC33, you seems to be an insider. Are you not scared your postings are tracked and monitored?

DC33_2008
30-04-11, 11:47
I am not insider now and just sharing the truth. They have done well and still doing well for the good of Singapore. We want a stable garment to ensure that our property prices continue to rise with time. Like what Teddy said in another threat, people may just want to be heard for some of their views via the alternative avenue.
DC33, you seems to be an insider. Are you not scared your postings are tracked and monitored?

amk
30-04-11, 13:44
Don't think that owning a freehold HDB is a good thing. Better in this case to let the Govt foot the bills if they people living there are not likely to have the means to do so.

Practically every logical person will agree FH HDB is nonsense. And yet u have prominent opposition party ppl proposing it. This is the calibre of these ppl. :cool:

This election is such a wayang. Nobody is voting the person because this person is good. They are asking u to vote them such that they can speak for you in parliament. Or please vote for me because the other party is so bad, never mind u dun know how good or bad my candidate is. Pls vote for us to spite them. :doh:

Some even worse. Pls vote for me because this is my last fight for glory :cool:

devilplate
30-04-11, 13:51
pls vote for your savings....i take half the pay compared to the rest!! cost savings! help the poor!

$7.5k to shoot questions at PAP.....hmmm.....i am YOUR VOICE! so cool!:p

anything not happy....tell me....i shoot the PAP!!! 7% GST too much? how low u want? zero? unemployment how? cant find a good paying job?....u want unemployment insurance??!! rob the rich and feed the maggots! love it!:D

amk
30-04-11, 13:52
For me, I wish I can vote for the person who is capable.
So for the oppo I'd rather vote for sylvia lim than LTK, as the former clearly knows economy and society whereas the latter is just a good ah beng talker
For PAP I'd rather vote for Lily Neo who really cares and is not a tai tai

Regulators
30-04-11, 13:53
Do you agree with the privatisation of temasek and gic and sharing that wealth with singaporeans in the form of stock holding?
Practically every logical person will agree FH HDB is nonsense. And yet u have prominent opposition party ppl proposing it. This is the calibre of these ppl. :cool:

This election is such a wayang. Nobody is voting the person because this person is good. They are asking u to vote them such that they can speak for you in parliament. Or please vote for me because the other party is so bad, never mind u dun know how good or bad my candidate is. Pls vote for us to spite them. :doh:

chiaberry
30-04-11, 13:53

I did consider that vote but seeing the physical condition on youtube and being in the medical field, I don't feel that the candidate is physically fit to stand for election. For me, I find it difficult to cast the vote for my GRC.

ay123
30-04-11, 13:54
pls vote for your savings....i take half the pay compared to the rest!! cost savings! help the poor!

$7.5k to shoot questions at PAP.....hmmm.....i am YOUR VOICE! so cool!:p

anything not happy....tell me....i shoot the PAP!!! 7% GST too much? how low u want? zero? unemployment how? cant find a good paying job?....u want unemployment insurance??!! rob the rich and feed the maggots! love it!:D

they are only the messenger. not happy tell me i go tell them, jus like a medium and only they can communicate to god :D :D

amk
30-04-11, 14:35
Do you agree with the privatisation of temasek and gic and sharing that wealth with singaporeans in the form of stock holding?

No i do not agree on this.

DC33_2008
30-04-11, 15:19
Not sure about now, 5 years ago, a lot of major decisions in GIC have to go thru Main Man.
No i do not agree on this.

Lovelle
30-04-11, 16:12
i don't feel private condos in hougang and potong pasir cheap . Look at kovan melody, nin res, 8woodleigh. aren't there locating in the heart of opp constituency ?

why forummers are talking down property in opp areas ?

Look at KNS areas like woodlands, sembawang, sengkang, punggol ?
has their property cross 1kpsf ? i think barely cross 700psf

devilplate
30-04-11, 16:17
i don't feel private condos in hougang and potong pasir cheap . Look at kovan melody, nin res, 8woodleigh. aren't there locating in the heart of opp constituency ?

u r right.....but HDB px in Opp ward r depressed.....

potong pasir condo prices more ex den let say simei condos.....but potong pasir HDB px r not more ex den simei HDB....why?

anyway....cant buy HDB....so y i bother:hell-hath-no-fury:

LIFE IS SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

devilplate
30-04-11, 16:18
NOT HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT GOVT! JUST VOTE THEM OUT LAH!!!!!

VOTE FOR YOURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lovelle
30-04-11, 16:21
yo devil,

this is condo forum, why are we analysing hdb price ?

hdb is for the people and for own stay, any gain is in paper ... so ppl shouldn't speculate in hdb.

devilplate
30-04-11, 16:27
yo devil,

this is condo forum, why are we analysing hdb price ?

hdb is for the people and for own stay, any gain is in paper ... so ppl shouldn't speculate in hdb.
yes u r right....

just realised the title is condos in opp ward....LOL:ashamed1:

DC33_2008
30-04-11, 16:30
Potong Pasir is in a more strategic location than those places.

Lovelle
30-04-11, 17:03
if chiam win in bishan, condo will cheong ....

devilplate
30-04-11, 18:02
if chiam win in bishan, condo will cheong ....

if pap wins? wat happen?

romeo
30-04-11, 19:46
if pap wins? wat happen?
status quo.. everyone likes status quo

spikey69
30-04-11, 20:18
"The cure to all this talk is really a good dose of incompetent government," Lee said. "You get that alternative, and you'll never put Singapore together again."

I agree.

amk
30-04-11, 22:29
u r right.....but HDB px in Opp ward r depressed.....

potong pasir condo prices more ex den let say simei condos.....but potong pasir HDB px r not more ex den simei HDB....why?

Even though this thread was started for condo, i find it necessary to quote it to highlight the obvious. Because some joker simply refuse to admit it.

ysyap
30-04-11, 22:51

has their property cross 1kpsf ? i think barely cross 700psfMy feel is Seng Kang has already moved up in terms of status le... Closing in toward $1000psf le... Most units in Quartz are already asking above $1000psf. Even Compass Ht asking above $900 psf already. :D

devilplate
01-05-11, 00:44
My feel is Seng Kang has already moved up in terms of status le... Closing in toward $1000psf le... Most units in Quartz are already asking above $1000psf. Even Compass Ht asking above $900 psf already. :D

bcoz its under PAP!:p

devilplate
01-05-11, 00:45
Even though this thread was started for condo, i find it necessary to quote it to highlight the obvious. Because some joker simply refuse to admit it.

i tried to tok to wenqing about ppty related stuff....until i vomit blood.....just ignore him on certain topics which we noe obviously he dun noe much lor:D

Geylang OKT
01-05-11, 00:54
Dislike the PAP?

Make sure you cross out this evil party in your voting slip! :D :D :D

romeo
01-05-11, 01:09
Dislike the PAP?

Make sure you cross out this evil party in your voting slip! :D :D :D

u mean put a big cross across on their party logo or the name of candidate?

Geylang OKT
01-05-11, 01:18
u mean put a big cross across on their party logo or the name of candidate?

You need to put a big cross neatly within the box to show how much you abhor them! :D

wenqing
01-05-11, 05:36
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3213499 (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3213499)

Opposition wards HDB prices.. interesting..

I got this interesting facts from another source..

i am find it strange pap keep harping vote in WP will result in HDB price to fall. But if want look at the HDB records on the HDB website, one can see HDB flats in Hougang Ave 5 which is the heart of Hougang SMC, the prices of the 4room flats that transacted there are not much different from Hougang Ave 8 which was run by georgie aljunied grc. The prices for the last 12 months are as follow:

Hougang Ave 5 3rm flat : ranging from $245K to $330K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 3rm flat : ranging from $220K to $326K (PAP)

Hougang Ave 5 4rm flat : ranging from $305K to $420K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 4rm flat : ranging from $290K to $420K (PAP)

Hougang Ave 5 5rm flat : ranging from $340K to $527K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 5rm flat : ranging from $390K to $496K (PAP)

looking at the above figure, i fail to comprehen how did PAP come up with the logic that WP run hougang HDB flat worth less than the same across the road in the PAP run estate.

The figure above are not bull****, all taken from HDB resale e-service. On the whole, WP's Hougang worth more than PAP's Hougang. In fact, i use Hougang Ave 8 as comparsion place hougang ave 5 at a disadvantage as Hougang Ave 5 were built in 1983 while Ave 8 were built in 1986, some even in 1992.

So can PAP explain why people are paying more to buy a older flat in a "slum" while pay less for the newer flat in a "world clas estate" run by the PAP?

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33PReslTrans.jsp (http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33PReslTrans.jsp)

feel free to click on the link to check, all the figures are from HDB website.

reuters
02-05-11, 10:30
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3213499 (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=3213499)

Opposition wards HDB prices.. interesting..

I got this interesting facts from another source..

i am find it strange pap keep harping vote in WP will result in HDB price to fall. But if want look at the HDB records on the HDB website, one can see HDB flats in Hougang Ave 5 which is the heart of Hougang SMC, the prices of the 4room flats that transacted there are not much different from Hougang Ave 8 which was run by georgie aljunied grc. The prices for the last 12 months are as follow:

Hougang Ave 5 3rm flat : ranging from $245K to $330K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 3rm flat : ranging from $220K to $326K (PAP)

Hougang Ave 5 4rm flat : ranging from $305K to $420K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 4rm flat : ranging from $290K to $420K (PAP)

Hougang Ave 5 5rm flat : ranging from $340K to $527K (WP)

Hougang Ave 8 5rm flat : ranging from $390K to $496K (PAP)

looking at the above figure, i fail to comprehen how did PAP come up with the logic that WP run hougang HDB flat worth less than the same across the road in the PAP run estate.

The figure above are not bull****, all taken from HDB resale e-service. On the whole, WP's Hougang worth more than PAP's Hougang. In fact, i use Hougang Ave 8 as comparsion place hougang ave 5 at a disadvantage as Hougang Ave 5 were built in 1983 while Ave 8 were built in 1986, some even in 1992.

So can PAP explain why people are paying more to buy a older flat in a "slum" while pay less for the newer flat in a "world clas estate" run by the PAP?

http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33PReslTrans.jsp (http://services2.hdb.gov.sg/webapp/BB33RTIS/BB33PReslTrans.jsp)

feel free to click on the link to check, all the figures are from HDB website.

Our property value is based on location and its surrounding amenities like mrt, etc. Since this is 'CONDOsingapore.com', I thought we should differentiate the topic from HDBs. Bear in mind that the town council does not paint your condo blocks or help you maintain its premises. Your own MCST does that at a very high cost of maintenance paid by yourself. You DO NOT get any subsidy to buy your condo, nor any subsidy to maintain your home. You can only hope that the government will think about you and help you put in an mrt station somewhere nearby, or improve the traffic conditions outside your area (not referring to placing more ERP gantries nearby).

wenqing
03-05-11, 07:58
http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2011/05/property-values-and-your-choice-of.html

Property Values and Your Choice of Political Party

When I read about Low Thia Kiang leaving Hougang to run for elections in Aljunied GRC, I felt fear and dismay.

Low is well-known and very well-loved in Hougang, and if he had chosen to remain in Hougang, his seat in Parliament would be almost guaranteed.

However, when Low comes to Aljunied GRC, it's a different ball game, especially with the PAP's gerrymandering tactics.

If Low should lose in Aljunied GRC, then this would be a disaster for Singapore. It would be a very dark day in the history of this nation.

For so many years, Low has been the (almost) lone Opposition voice in Parliament, one man standing up and bravely speaking up against a pack of 80+ PAP MPs.

It takes no courage whatsoever to be a Mah Bow Tan or a Wong Kan Seng in Parliament, but it takes great courage to be a Low Thia Kiang.

To his immense credit, Low has done his job and served Singaporeans well, not just for a year or two, but for the past 20 years.

If Low loses in Aljunied GRC, then even that one lone voice in Parliament might be gone, silenced for good. It is possible that parliamentary debate might then degenerate into an utter sham.

Nothing but a puppet show with PAP MPs posing nice, friendly, pre-arranged questions to each other and giving nice, friendly, rehearsed answers to each other.

There would be nobody to challenge them, nobody to act as a check and balance, nobody to ask the tough questions that really need, for the sake of the nation, to be asked.

Honestly, if we come to that stage, Parliament House might just as well shut down. On weekends, the PAP MPs can just gather at Hsien Loong's living room or Kuan Yew's garden to have some cakes and coffee.

There they can plan their next salary increases; chit chat about golf and BMWs; and casually make a few national policies for five million citizens. So much for public accountability and transparency,

--------------------------------------

Regular readers of my blog know that I moved house a few months ago. What I didn't mention was exactly where I moved to.

I now live in Tai Keng Gardens, a small quiet residential area near Paya Lebar, and I recently learned that my new address is under Aljunied GRC.

There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind who I need to vote for. After all, I am intelligent, educated, well-informed and concerned.

So effectively I have no choice. I have to vote for the Workers Party.

Because I can see so clearly that the PAP's performance over the past five years is just taking this country on a one-way trip into slow deterioriation and gradual collapse.

Things have already reached such a bad stage that I can sincerely say this: if you genuinely support the PAP and want them to succeed, then you must vote for the Opposition.

For the PAP can improve and do better - it has that potential. What the PAP needs is to be shocked out of its own complacency.

The best thing that can happen for the PAP is that they lose 10 seats in this election. Then suddenly they will wake up, remember the people whom they are supposed to serve, and start getting their act together.

The PAP does have some talented, capable people in their midst. It's just that they have lost their way, over the past five years.

------------------------------------

I see from the newspapers that Kuan Yew has been busily making statements to create fear in the electorate. Something about how the Workers Party (if they win) will bring down the property values of Aljunied GRC.

What's that old saying about old dogs and new tricks? Fear-mongering is one of Kuan Yew's favourite tactics.

Woe betide you, foolish Singaporeans, if you do not listen to me, then the sky will fall on your head. Some of his statements are so far-fetched that it's amazing he still has any credibility left.

Remember this stunning proclamation from Lee Kuan Yew, in 2007?
The PAP ministers were just about to give themselves another fat pay raise, and Singaporeans were questioning this.

Lee Kuan Yew's reply was that if the PAP ministers did not get their increase, the women of Singapore will become "maids in other people's countries".

Oh, come on, Kuan Yew. Can you at least try to keep your fear-mongering a little more .... rational?

Regular readers of my blog know that I am a keen watcher of the property market. I'd like to share a few personal observations on the content of Kuan Yew's latest fear.

LKY's basic point is that the WP is incompetent; that they will mismanage Aljunied; and the area will be so badly run that property values will fall sharply (relative to PAP constituencies).

But let's look at the facts. Low Thia Kiang has been MP for Hougang, for twenty years.

If Low can ruin property values through his sheer incompetence, then Hougang should be a slum by now.

But it is not. It is a clean, vibrant HDB town, with its own lively suburban malls, hawker centres, supermarkets, bus interchange, sport stadium, two MRT stations and more.

I can honestly tell you that, as a person who is familiar with the area. My brother lives in Hougang, my kids used to go for tuition in Hougang, and I still go there with my family quite often to eat and shop in Hougang.

Most Singaporeans wouldn't realise it, but I'll just say it straight out here. MPs do lots of important things, such as debate, discuss and shape national policies in Parliament and meet residents to help solve their personal problems.

MPs and their grassroots supporters also organise community events like Plant-a-Tree Day and Chinese New Year dinners etc, and make appearances at schools' Prize-Giving Day to hand out awards and make speeches.

All these types of MP work have their value and are important in their own way. But none of them has any direct bearing on the value of your property.

In other words, whoever you elect as your MP has very, very little influence on whether your property value will go up or down. May I quickly give you a big bunch of illustrations? Okay, let's go:

Your MP does not look after the roads in your neighbourhood (the LTA does that).

Your MP does not look after the parks (the National Parks Board does that).

Your MP does not look after your public library (the National Library Board does that).

Your MP does not look after your sports stadium or public swimming pool (the Singapore Sports Council does that).

Your MP does not build shopping malls for you (property developers such as Capitaland do that).

Your MP does not manage your MRT line (SMRT does that).

Your MP does not manage your SBS buses (SBS does that).

Your MP does not look after your electricity supply (SP Power does that).

Your MP does not look after your carpark (the URA does that).

Your MP does not investigate crimes (the Singapore Police Force does that).

Your MP does not put out fires (the SCDF and their NSmen do that).

Your MP does not ensure that top schools are near your home (whether a school is top or not depends on the students' efforts).

Your MP doesn't prevent mosquito breeding (the NEA does that).

Your MP does engage the cleaning contractors to clean the neighbourhood (which, in terms of level of difficulty, is not exactly rocket science and shouldn't be a challenge for any self-respecting MP, whether from the PAP or not).

Apart from the cleaning contractors, your MP also builds playgrounds, fitness corners, maybe a couple of covered link ways here and there.

None of these little projects require great ability or vast competence, nor will they have any significant influence on your property value.

There, hope it's all abundantly clear now. Abundantly clear that Lee Kuan Yew is mongering foolish fears. Don't be his sucker.

wenqing
03-05-11, 08:01
Our property value is based on location and its surrounding amenities like mrt, etc. Since this is 'CONDOsingapore.com', I thought we should differentiate the topic from HDBs. Bear in mind that the town council does not paint your condo blocks or help you maintain its premises. Your own MCST does that at a very high cost of maintenance paid by yourself. You DO NOT get any subsidy to buy your condo, nor any subsidy to maintain your home. You can only hope that the government will think about you and help you put in an mrt station somewhere nearby, or improve the traffic conditions outside your area (not referring to placing more ERP gantries nearby).

Yep, property value has nothing to do with politics but sadly, Singaporeans still believe PAP fearmongering like MM Lee's latest salvo at Aljunied GRC on property values.

devilplate
03-05-11, 09:22
Yep, property value has nothing to do with politics but sadly, Singaporeans still believe PAP fearmongering like MM Lee's latest salvo at Aljunied GRC on property values.

u r so cute...he is trying to say condo not affected lah....

dun live in self denial...i questioned y potong pasir HDB flat r the same or even slightly lower den simei hdb prices....but PP condos r more expensive den simei condos.....

jus continue to deceive urself wat u want to read and ignore those not in-line wif ur beliefs :p

azeoprop
03-05-11, 09:45
So based on the condo price comparison, I do not need to repent for 5 years after all? yey! :rolleyes:

ysyap
03-05-11, 09:53
If GY loses, it may be only 4.5 years to the next election so PAP can win back the GRC quickly... By then GY will be president??? :spliff: Who knows? Hahaha!

ysyap
03-05-11, 09:55
u r so cute...he is trying to say condo not affected lah....

dun live in self denial...i questioned y potong pasir HDB flat r the same or even slightly lower den simei hdb prices....but PP condos r more expensive den simei condos.....

jus continue to deceive urself wat u want to read and ignore those not in-line wif ur beliefs :pWhether we like it or not, there are up to 80% of Singaporeans who stay in HDB so their voice will be definitely stronger than those who stay in condo... :D

Lovelle
03-05-11, 09:57
heard 4 rm at PP fetches $480k , issit true ?

devilplate
03-05-11, 09:59
So based on the condo price comparison, I do not need to repent for 5 years after all? yey! :rolleyes:

i duno y u r so worried in the 1st place....:p

and so wat if PP takeover by sitoh.....8wood will not get a boost in prices.....all these r wishful tots

chiaberry
03-05-11, 10:04
heard 4 rm at PP fetches $480k , issit true ?

Data from hdb website resale tranaction prices: 4-room in PP Ave 3 104 sq m transacted at $460,000 in April.

ysyap
03-05-11, 10:05
i duno y u r so worried in the 1st place....:p

and so wat if PP takeover by sitoh.....8wood will not get a boost in prices.....all these r wishful tots8wood will get a boost in prices coz of the opening of woodleigh MRT, not who takes over... :tsk-tsk:

chiaberry
03-05-11, 10:06

Y do you need to repent? You have not sinned against any god by purchasing condo in PP.

Lovelle
03-05-11, 10:09
Is $460k high , lower or comparable to places like Redhill and Jurong ?
i use Redhill as the top and Jurong as the average area.

Also, i heard PP conservancy is $49.90 monthly.

That is confirmed the lowest.

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:15

using condo px and hdb px to compare is the most conclusive.....tats wat i believe:2cents: :D

condo px is 'more' determined by free market forces(not so after 4yrs SSD)

Lovelle
03-05-11, 10:18
using condo px and hdb px to compare is the most conclusive.....tats wat i believe:2cents: :D

condo px is 'more' determined by free market forces(not so after 4yrs SSD)

yes, PP hdb compare to redhill hdb and Jurong hdb....

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:28

er...i tink we got misunderstandings

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:30

i tink strathmore is the TOP now....shall be overtaken by pinnacle

chiaberry
03-05-11, 10:31

I'm not familiar with redhill and jurong. But confirm redhill hdb much more expensive (location cannot compare with PP so I don't think you can make fair comparison). Fairer comparison would be Bishan (next door GRC). 4-room in Bishan similar features (floor 6 to 10 and same sq m) transacted for $496,000 in April. You can also compare Toa Payoh but I am not certain which are in the PAP GRC and which are in PP so I did not look. The info is free and available to all for searching on HDB website so you can go take a look for yourself.

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:34
I'm not familiar with redhill and jurong. But confirm redhill hdb much more expensive (location cannot compare with PP so I don't think you can make fair comparison). Fairer comparison would be Bishan (next door GRC). 4-room in Bishan similar features (floor 6 to 10 and same sq m) transacted for $496,000 in April. You can also compare Toa Payoh but I am not certain which are in the PAP GRC and which are in PP so I did not look. The info is free and available to all for searching on HDB website so you can go take a look for yourself.

jus walk around potong pasir central(around PP MRT)vs areas around TPY Mrt

very clearly which 1 is better.....

hougang central not bad actually.....y LTK manage to get a mall....hehe

Lovelle
03-05-11, 10:34
i tink strathmore is the TOP now....shall be overtaken by pinnacle

ok we compare hdb first then between condo later...

initially i thought of comparing between bishan and PP since it's SPP vs WKS but ok la, we take the the most hdb CCR like redhill , pinnacle is not representive as it does not rep the mass and it's price is based on 'new price'

ysyap
03-05-11, 10:36
I'm not familiar with redhill and jurong. But confirm redhill hdb much more expensive (location cannot compare with PP so I don't think you can make fair comparison). Fairer comparison would be Bishan (next door GRC). 4-room in Bishan similar features (floor 6 to 10 and same sq m) transacted for $496,000 in April. You can also compare Toa Payoh but I am not certain which are in the PAP GRC and which are in PP so I did not look. The info is free and available to all for searching on HDB website so you can go take a look for yourself.But I think PP HDB (> 20 years old) is slightly older than Bishan HDB (about 20 years old?)

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:38
ok we compare hdb first then between condo later...

initially i thought of comparing between bishan and PP since it's SPP vs WKS but ok la, we take the the most hdb CCR like redhill , pinnacle is not representive as it does not rep the mass and it's price is based on 'new price'

if u look at potong pasir....its a small estate....almost every blocks is walkable to MRT

so if wana compare....mabe compare those similar age blocks within 300m to MRT in TPY vs those 300ms to PP MRT

best is still to use condo px to compare which is higher first den compare HDB px...

condo px is more of a free market compared to HDB px...

Lovelle
03-05-11, 10:40
so bishan 4 rm - 490k ish
PP 4 rm - 470k ish...

yea why PP no mall hah ? too small or they linked them to Nex ...

no wonder nex so crowded, developer for Kovan to sengkang to PP they all say Nex within 15 mins of their launch....

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:42
PP 4 rm - 470k ish...

yea why PP no mall hah ? too small or they linked them to Nex ...

no wonder nex so crowded, developer for Kovan to sengkang to PP they all say Nex within 15 mins of their launch....

PP dun even hf a supermarket....i recce PP b4 when i visit 1 leicester showflat.....luckily i made the right decision and not affected by so call opposition ward;)

ysyap
03-05-11, 10:44
PP 4 rm - 470k ish...
Not much different lah... Can easily be overcome through COV. :D

ysyap
03-05-11, 10:45
PP dun even hf a supermarket....i recce PP b4 when i visit 1 leicester showflat.....luckily i made the right decision and not affected by so call opposition ward;)PP is indeed a miserable place in terms of amenities but with strong willed residents.... :D

chiaberry
03-05-11, 10:47
But I think PP HDB (> 20 years old) is slightly older than Bishan HDB (about 20 years old?)

Those 2 that I looked up for comparison PP was 1984, Bishan was 1988. 4 years difference. Perhaps the one in Bishan got lift upgrading and the PP one didn't (can also check that up on HDB website).

Ambience not bad in PP HDBs. Somewhat like "kampung" atmosphere. If upgraded, it will be a fantastic location. Looking at the international sch coming up there, perhaps some developer would build a mall nearby in the future if land is available. PP area got a lot of potential. If I were able to buy HDB flat there, I would not mind to get one. There should be good demand for rental as they are near to PP MRT.

Neither Hougang or PP are "slums". It's really an insult to call them that. Especially Hougang. Anybody who has been to Hougang Mall will tell you that's nonsense.

devilplate
03-05-11, 10:49
Those 2 that I looked up for comparison PP was 1984, Bishan was 1988. 4 years difference. Perhaps the one in Bishan got lift upgrading and the PP one didn't (can also check that up on HDB website).

Ambience not bad in PP HDBs. Somewhat like "kampung" atmosphere. If upgraded, it will be a fantastic location. Looking at the international sch coming up there, perhaps some developer would build a mall nearby in the future if land is available. PP area got a lot of potential.

yes PP got lots of potential....but smhow the condo px i wud say oredi more or less catched up liao....may only lifted up further after tat boon keng plot is launched at 1500psf+:D

Lovelle
03-05-11, 10:50

Ambience not bad in PP HDBs. Somewhat like "kampung" atmosphere. If upgraded, it will be a fantastic location. Looking at the international sch coming up there, perhaps some developer would build a mall nearby in the future if land is available. PP area got a lot of potential.

somthing like the PP mrt case, "prolonged" until cannot liao then die die must open....when Angmo school open, Angmo will complaint also...then die die must build later....so PP is a gem

chiaberry
03-05-11, 10:55
somthing like the PP mrt case, "prolonged" until cannot liao then die die must open....when Angmo school open, Angmo will complaint also...then die die must build later....so PP is a gem

I agree. Govt will lose face if the estate looks run down with ang mo presence so near by. But perhaps they don't care. "Wrath of god" coming down on PP residents. I wonder that Christians don't take offence at hints of "repentance" coming from incumbent party.

heee.. I really would love to have HDB in PP (rubbing hands greedily at potential rental returns). But sadly not eligible to buy.

ysyap
03-05-11, 11:35
I agree. Govt will lose face if the estate looks run down with ang mo presence so near by. But perhaps they don't care. "Wrath of god" coming down on PP residents. I wonder that Christians don't take offence at hints of "repentance" coming from incumbent party.

heee.. I really would love to have HDB in PP (rubbing hands greedily at potential rental returns). But sadly not eligible to buy.More than face that they'll lose... 1st class transport system that don't travel to international school, they'll lose foreign fund injections, FT who can't find convenient and easily accessible international schools to send their kids to so decided not to come, etc... :doh:

devilplate
03-05-11, 11:38
More than face that they'll lose... 1st class transport system that don't travel to international school, they'll lose foreign fund injections, FT who can't find convenient and easily accessible international schools to send their kids to so decided not to come, etc... :doh:

bopian...we goto face the brunt of reality tat we r begging for foreign investments:(

chiaberry
03-05-11, 11:47
Good for PP that Angmo sch is setting up there. Our first-world Govt cannot let the area run down into a slum then. Bad image to portray for our FTs.

devilplate
03-05-11, 11:51
Good for PP that Angmo sch is setting up there. Our first-world Govt cannot let the area run down into a slum then. Bad image to portray for our FTs.

strictly speaking....the sch is located at woodleigh not PP....LOL

Lovelle
03-05-11, 16:58
so conclusion, PP properties even though it's a "kampong" standard still hanging there with the rest in Spore...

And, condo wise also quite high... Those FH like PM done above 1kpsf ...

devilplate
03-05-11, 17:02
so conclusion, PP properties even though it's a "kampong" standard still hanging there with the rest in Spore...

And, condo wise also quite high... Those FH like PM done above 1kpsf ...

nope....PP's hdb prices shd be priced higher given their city fringe location

ysyap
03-05-11, 19:42
nope....PP's hdb prices shd be priced higher given their city fringe locationCity View 4 room asking about 600k when launched. City view is new and its BTO plus its nearer to city with fantastic view so if we minus about 120k it'll be about 480k which is pretty decent for PP le... I honestly think that PP HDB prices are not that bad like what many forummers mentioned.... :sleep:

devilplate
03-05-11, 20:29
City View 4 room asking about 600k when launched. City view is new and its BTO plus its nearer to city with fantastic view so if we minus about 120k it'll be about 480k which is pretty decent for PP le... I honestly think that PP HDB prices are not that bad like what many forummers mentioned.... :sleep:
Y dun say pinnacle bto 4rm flat only 2xxk when launch

reuters
04-05-11, 00:20
Personally don't think private property price is directly related to the party that is taking care of the ward, but by the condition of the estate, types of amenities, transport, proximity to schools, location, etc. I don't see how for instance that Marine Parade Crescent is cleaner or better maintained than Hougang, despite the former under a powerful leader. Marine Parade still doesn't even have an mrt station! No bus interchange, atrocious traffic sometimes, especially near Parkway and Joo Chiat. No public swimming pool, nor sports hall. Even the underpasses to the East Coast Park are old. Only getting a cinema at the end of this year (finally), and that is also not a government initiative but by a private developer. Yet, the potential of that location is still incredible because it is near to the city and next to East Coast Park.

It is all about? Location, Location, Location.

ysyap
04-05-11, 05:50
:D
Y dun say pinnacle bto 4rm flat only 2xxk when launchYou talk funny... Pinnacle when it was 2xxk was in 2003/4. City View's price was 2008. Totally diffferent lah... one before the US subprime crisis (or should I say just after SARS in 2003 when prices will still low), one during. Anyway, even during the crisis, City View could still command 600k, its pretty decent so again, PP HDB prices still ok lah....

Geylang OKT
04-05-11, 07:02
Vote Opposition! Vote for lower property prices!:D :D :D

devilplate
04-05-11, 09:50
:D You talk funny... Pinnacle when it was 2xxk was in 2003/4. City View's price was 2008. Totally diffferent lah... one before the US subprime crisis (or should I say just after SARS in 2003 when prices will still low), one during. Anyway, even during the crisis, City View could still command 600k, its pretty decent so again, PP HDB prices still ok lah....

u oredi said city view launch in 2008

and u r comparing resale px wif developer px....

how much u tink cityview will command after MOP period vs PP HDB? still maintaining the gap of 600k and 480k?

devilplate
04-05-11, 09:54
i understand y the job of MBT is no joke....

the dynamics of housing prices and policies cannot be taught and learned overnite

devilplate
04-05-11, 09:59
those who wished to have income ceilin raised to 10k for HDB bto flats.....u nvr tink of the side effects...

if its raised to 10k....more ppl r eligible to ballot for bto flats and it will create more unhappiness when more ppl cannot get a good queue number

DBSS/EC oredi in place especially for those between 8-10k.....and many upcoming such projects is gona launch pretty soon

land118
04-05-11, 10:09
those who wished to have income ceilin raised to 10k for HDB bto flats.....u nvr tink of the side effects...

if its raised to 10k....more ppl r eligible to ballot for bto flats and it will create more unhappiness when more ppl cannot get a good queue number

DBSS/EC oredi in place especially for those between 8-10k.....and many upcoming such projects is gona launch pretty soon

While HDB flats prices have been on the rise for many years, this $8k ceiling has not changed for more than 10 years at least......, how to explain this...I wonder. Maybe MBT best person to know. Surely, must do a review and need to justify why this $8k cannot increase..., if they want to maintain...

Good read below:

http://sgpropertypress.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/time-to-raise-the-8000-income-ceiling-for-hdb-flat-buyers/

Time to raise the $8,000 income ceiling for HDB flat buyers?

Posted by Admin (http://sgpropertypress.wordpress.com/author/aldurvale/) on September 9, 2007 · Leave a Comment (http://sgpropertypress.wordpress.com/2007/09/09/time-to-raise-the-8000-income-ceiling-for-hdb-flat-buyers/#respond)

THE economy is booming and property prices are heading north. Although the housing market moves at a frenetic pace these days, one thing has stayed the same for more than 12 years now – the $8,000 ceiling on monthly household income for those buying new Housing Board flats.
Of late, some people have wondered if home prices are getting out of reach. The Government appeared to try to tackle those concerns last month by expanding the pool of low-income households which qualify for extra housing aid.
Households earning up to $4,000 a month, instead of up to $3,000 previously, are now eligible for grants of as much as $30,000 to buy their first home. With this change, more people now qualify for the aid, and households already qualifying will now get an even bigger grant.
But what about the $8,000 income ceiling? Will it be raised too? The current cap has not changed since it was last raised from $7,000 in December 1994. For most of 1992, it stood at $6,000.
Yet many things have changed since 1994.
Data from the General Household Survey, which is conducted once every 10 years, shows that the proportion of resident households earning $8,000 and above every month has nearly doubled from 10.85 per cent in 1995 to 19.9 per cent in 2005.
This means that the proportion of households qualifying to buy new flats shrank by roughly 9 percentage points.
More recent data from the Department of Statistics shows that the proportion of employed households earning $8,000 or more stood at 23.4 per cent last year.
This means that the proportion of households not qualifying for new public housing is even bigger when we factor out the number of households made up of unemployed people, who probably would not be in a position to buy homes.
And in real terms, taking into account inflation, $8,000 in 1994 had the same spending power as $9,110 in July.
Meanwhile, the price index of HDB resale flats grew 36 per cent from 1995 to June this year.
New HDB flats are the cheapest homes in Singapore, a refuge for home seekers feeling the heat from the buoyant private and HDB resale market.
So the real question for policymakers is this: Have market conditions changed sufficiently since 1994 that households earning somewhat more than $8,000 now need the option of buying new HDB flats?

One can tell what a difference that option makes by comparing the prices of flats within one area. A batch of new four-room flats in Sengkang were offered at $145,000 to $200,000 in May. Resale four-room flats in the same area, for the period from April to June, changed hands at a median price of $245,000, notably higher.
In the more volatile private market, prices of 99-year leasehold condominiums – a typical choice for many home buyers who could otherwise have picked HDB flats – grew 11 per cent between the third quarter of 1999 and the second quarter of this year. Given the massive slump that followed the 1997 Asian financial crisis, there’s a chance they could be cheaper now than they were in 1994.
But families with only a little more than $8,000 in monthly income may not be in a strong position to buy a home for $600,000.
New HDB flats, by comparison, are a ‘safer’ choice. Although their prices generally follow market trends, it is understood that the changes are moderated by the Government in order to keep public housing affordable.
The Singaporeans caught between public and private housing are the proverbial ‘sandwich class’ – not well off enough to cruise into private housing but not poor enough to be entitled to much government aid.
Is housing becoming less affordable for them? Are they left with the option of spending an increasing – or perhaps disproportionate – part of their income on housing?
If so, is it time to adjust the $8,000 income limit to put them back under the HDB umbrella?
After all, a household earning above $8,000 a month is not just barred from new HDB flats, but also disqualified from subsidised housing loans and housing grants of up to $40,000 to buy resale flats. (Those earning not more than $4,000 a month are entitled to additional grants, as explained above.)
The HDB does ‘exercise flexibility on a case-by-case basis’ for home buyers whose household incomes marginally breach the limit.
But rather than bending the rules occasionally, perhaps it should be reviewing the limit instead.
For if encouraging home ownership is a key strategy to root Singaporeans to Singapore, then shouldn’t the Government be concerned about the increasing proportion of Singaporeans possibly finding homes less affordable?
Public housing here plays a different role from that in other countries, where it is often merely a roof for the poor. In Singapore, more than 80 per cent of the population live in HDB flats. These properties are seen not just as a store of value but also a source of retirement income.
To be fair, the HDB has to perform a delicate balancing act. It cannot lift the income ceiling by too much lest demand for resale flats collapse. This would depress the value of what, for many people, is their single biggest asset.
But perhaps the balance has now swung too far against the middle-income group.
It could have been something on the minds of policymakers when they recently decided to raise the income limit of families receiving aid for their children attending independent schools. From next year, the ceiling will be set at $7,200 monthly, almost double the current cap.

The HDB income ceiling question rings even louder these days as the Government looks at ways of getting its rapidly ageing population to save enough for retirement.
An obvious way of doing so is simply by not overspending on housing in the first place. And that can best be done when someone actually has the choice of buying the cheapest home available.

Source: The Sunday Times 9 Sept 07

taggy
04-05-11, 10:10

this one i also cannot understand, people between 8k to 10k consist so many votes? :D
maybe the 5k limit for 3room flat should change also, then build more 3room flat.
for existing flat owner, sian lor, resale kena hit. Mass market maybe kena a bit also.

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:12
While HDB flats prices have been on the rise for many years, this $8k ceiling has not changed for more than 10 years at least......, how to explain this...I wonder. Maybe MBT best person to know. Surely, must do a review and need to justify why this $8k cannot increase..., if they want to maintain...

bcoz income gap widening:2cents:

more and more middle class......and if raise income ceiling...it will deprive the lower 10-20%:2cents: just my opinion

i observed always 4/5rm flat much more in demand compared to 3rm flats....

even income ceiling raised to 5k for 3rm flats...those 3-5k aso bid 4rm flat....i stand corrected....:p

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:17
this one i also cannot understand, people between 8k to 10k consist so many votes? :D
maybe the 5k limit for 3room flat should change also, then build more 3room flat.
for existing flat owner, sian lor, resale kena hit. Mass market maybe kena a bit also.

just raised from 3k to 5k wor....

i mentioned tat those 3-5k income earner aso will try for 4rm flat one lor....many yng couples mentality is....buy bigger BTO flats so tat can earn more profit when comes to resale:doh:

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:18
income ceiling capped at 8k actually gd for the ppl....so tat it can help to place a check on the bto px affordability.....

by letting in more 8-10k ppl in to compete wif those below 8k....not a gd idea.....wait MBT can raise the bto px....LOL

taggy
04-05-11, 10:20
many yng couples mentality is....buy bigger BTO flats so tat can earn more profit when comes to resale:doh:

if this is the case, and the same group complain new hdb price high :D yet hoping to sell high later
joke right, i cannot figure out how to have cheap new flat and high resale price to co-exist :doh:

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:29
if this is the case, and the same group complain new hdb price high :D yet hoping to sell high later
joke right, i cannot figure out how to have cheap new flat and high resale price to co-exist :doh:

this is no joke....

again, i got my classic example....i advised a fren of mine to buy 3rm flat as he is eligible for 3rm bto flat too....(matured estate last time oredi 5k ceiling for 3rm flat)

but he die die wana get 4rm flat and stretch his dollar to maxxxxx.....not bcoz he wana have more babies but to make more profit later on....he said one time bonus from govt....must make full use....:doh:

land118
04-05-11, 10:33
I believe many families (those with children) if can afford, would want to apply for a 4 room, unless " bo pian ", then choose 3 room.

Latest batch of BTO flats on HDB website (issued on 24 Mar 2011) is on the high side:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10296p.nsf/PressReleases/2043D99B20DBF2FB4825785D001938AD?OpenDocument

"The selling prices for the flats range from:

Boon Lay Fields

$168,000 to $199,000 for a 3-room flat;
$270,000 to $321,000 for a 4-room flat; and
$334,000 to $391,000 for a 5-room flat
Compassvale Ancilla

$77,000 to $112,000 for a Studio Apartment;
$194,000 to $232,000 for a 3-room flat;
$303,000 to $359,000 for a 4-room flat; and
$375,000 to $444,000 for a 5-room flat

devilplate
04-05-11, 10:39
i tink the main problem of those above 8k income ceiling is bcoz they wana haf the best of both worlds.....

got DBSS/EC....they dunwan bcoz its not 'sure make $$'....whereas bto flats r guaranteed SURE MAKE $$$$

and if further increase income ceiling to 10k......more and more yng couples will delay their marriage and focus on building their career first instead.....bcoz they can wait longer until the 10k income ceiling draws nearer compared to 8k....this will definitely result in LOWER BIRTHRATE!:scared-3:

Laguna
04-05-11, 11:15
even increase the flat supply to 22,000 a year, but these flats will only be available in the resale market 9 years later, taking into account the time needed to construct and MOP.

So, there are 900,000 FT coming....??????????
where to house them?

devilplate
04-05-11, 11:18
even increase the flat supply to 22,000 a year, but these flats will only be available in the resale market 9 years later, taking into account the time needed to construct and MOP.

So, there are 900,000 FT coming....??????????
where to house them?

they cannot buy resale flats until they got PR status....so they can stay in HDB room rental or rent HDB whole unit.....all the HDB owners HUAT ARGH!

one of the agt told me he can close average 4-5 room rentals in a week easily.....

the main problem is public tpt congestion and overcrowding......

oh ya.....900000FT coming rite....just hope 10% can afford mass market condos!!! plenty in the market for sale! pte ppty owners HUAT ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reuters
06-05-11, 13:16
they cannot buy resale flats until they got PR status....so they can stay in HDB room rental or rent HDB whole unit.....all the HDB owners HUAT ARGH!

one of the agt told me he can close average 4-5 room rentals in a week easily.....

the main problem is public tpt congestion and overcrowding......

oh ya.....900000FT coming rite....just hope 10% can afford mass market condos!!! plenty in the market for sale! pte ppty owners HUAT ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDB's mission is "Providing Affordable, Quality Homes", "Ensuring Vibrant Towns" and "Focusing on the Community". Its mission is not "Providing Luxury Homes", "Ensuring Designer Features" and "Focusing on Amenities", which should be for the private condominiums. By keeping the HDB flats only for Singaporeans and making it harder for PRs to own one (perhaps they can only buy 10yo resale flats), the condominiums can still retain and appreciate their values because the ones who buy are the Singaporeans who can afford (for own stay or investment), or the foreigners who need them (demand because of no choice).

devilplate
06-05-11, 16:23
many potential MBT calibre here:cool:

but i tink not so easy to implement....bcoz SG will continue to be pro-FT:banghead: