PDA

View Full Version : a step closer to being first world country

proud owner
18-02-11, 16:00
someone must have been reading this forum

and heard more complain :

singapore is a third world country , cos we are still collecting TV license ...

AHAHHA they heard me

bargain hunter
18-02-11, 16:14
siao liao lah. we r being read all the time. no wonder the cooling measures were also similar to what some forumers had mentioned/suggested! :scared-4:

AHAHHA they heard me

ecimbew
18-02-11, 16:25
Tv and radio license is abolished on 18 Feb 2011
Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/49084513/Radio-and-Television-Licence-Abolished

proud owner
18-02-11, 16:30
Tv and radio license is abolished on 18 Feb 2011
Source: http://www.scribd.com/doc/49084513/Radio-and-Television-Licence-Abolished

ok

hhhmmm

lets see what else i can complain ... hopefully 2012 budget it will be removed ...

ecimbew
18-02-11, 16:30
Minister Mah speaks on property cooling measures

The government has said it will take further steps, if necessary, to promote a stable and sustainable property market.

This is according to National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan, who was responding to a question by MP Er Lee Bee Wah in Parliament on Monday.

The latest round of property cooling measures in January aimed to rein in speculators and pre-empt a bubble. Discouraging genuine homebuyers or causing prices to crash was not the intention.

Overall, the Ministry of National Development expects Singapore's property market to remain buoyant amid strong economic growth, low interest rates and excess liquidity.

Mr Mah said: "We do not wish to see prices shooting up so fast as to be unsupportable by the fundamentals of the market. At the same time, we also do not want to see a lot of short-term speculations in the market.

"So our measures in January were pre-emptive in nature because we wanted to act before a bubble forms. It was calibrated so as to cool the market and not to price the market. It was very targeted at the short-term speculators and not at genuine homebuyers. So if we meet these objectives, then I think the measures would have done their job."

With the government signalling its intention to act again if necessary, some analysts said it will look at both prices and transaction volumes to decide if further cooling measures are required.

Source: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1110623/1/.html

hopeful
18-02-11, 16:33
Remember the thread "Who is mr funny"?

designed to gather feedback on the ground. No advertisement to pay for server space.

proud owner
18-02-11, 16:40

designed to gather feedback on the ground. No advertisement to pay for server space.

kewl

singapore is still 3rd world ...

property tax collected should go to the District where the properties are .. to improve on its schools, roads etc ...

property owners in some part of D5/17/27/28 , as example, are paying prop tax and theres NO primary school within 1 km ???? in fact NO primary school at all ...

the tax must have been used to subsidise some other districts which is not right

that's so third world !!!!!!!!:spliff: :spliff: :spliff:

hopeful
18-02-11, 16:47
haha, so the key word is 3rd world :D

bargain hunter
18-02-11, 17:14
to be a little more precise, for D5, pasir panjang area (clementi area has nan hua and qifa). d26 is springleaf area. these 2 really 2 km not a single pri sch in sight. :ashamed1: the rest i m not so familiar but d17 is the near city dev ABCDEFG developments likely no pri sch too. got prison though. i think d27 and d28 have. just dun stay too near the fringe.

kewl

singapore is still 3rd world ...

property tax collected should go to the District where the properties are .. to improve on its schools, roads etc ...

property owners in some part of D5/17/27/28 , as example, are paying prop tax and theres NO primary school within 1 km ???? in fact NO primary school at all ...

the tax must have been used to subsidise some other districts which is not right

that's so third world !!!!!!!!:spliff: :spliff: :spliff:

rattydrama
19-02-11, 07:36

ITS sph holdings for sure. :-) of late have been following this forum, somehow got a feel that reports from print media have points that all from forumers here. ;)

someone commented that CCR price will not be having new heights (Wild falcon?) even though it has not cross the 2007 level and later read somewhere same message.

devilplate
19-02-11, 08:49
So who is the culprit for 16%ssd?

land118
19-02-11, 21:03

AHAHHA they heard me
Should have said no need to collect property tax earlier..haha:D

rattydrama
20-02-11, 09:54
So who is the culprit for 16%ssd?
perhaps some say increase in stamp duty will kill the market (history say so) hence increase SSD :cool:

proud owner
23-02-11, 10:59
Should have said no need to collect property tax earlier..haha:D

another sign of 3rd world is the collection of non refundable $5 for the MRT card

other 1st world countries are using thinner card, refundable or free store value card..

yet we have to pay..somemore not refundable

so 3rd world !!!!!!!!!!!

devilplate
23-02-11, 15:55
Wat r the countries having 1st world status???

proud owner
23-02-11, 16:06
Wat r the countries having 1st world status???

googled :

www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/first_world.htm (http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/first_world.htm)

devilplate
24-02-11, 00:33
googled :

www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/first_world.htm (http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/first_world.htm)

rising asia!

shall see more and more asia in the list soon:cheers6:

cfm see some getting delist:p

sh
24-02-11, 12:38
rising asia!

shall see more and more asia in the list soon:cheers6:

cfm see some getting delist:p

Err... singapore not in 1st ,2nd and 3rd world list:scared-4: ....

so where are we:beats-me-man:

1.5 world?:D