PDA

View Full Version : Far East Organization appoints Mr Lucas Chow as Executive Director

land118
17-02-11, 15:58
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1111330/1/.html

Far East Organization appoints Mr Lucas Chow as Executive Director
Posted: 17 February 2011 1602 hrs

Singapore: Private property developer Far East Organization has appointed Mr Lucas Chow as an Executive Director.

The appointment from August, will see Mr Chow providing strategic counsel to Far East Organization’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr Philip Ng, on new business growth and brand development across the company's diverse real estate portfolio.

“Lucas brings an excellent record of accomplishments in developing people, businesses and customers across the dynamic fields of technology, infocomm and media.

"His sharp business acumen and strong customer orientation have been recognised as key assets in managing change and identifying market opportunities. I am confident Lucas will add tremendous value in our endeavour to grow the breadth and depth of our business platform,” said Mr Ng.

Mr Chow is currently a Director of Orchard Parade Holdings Limited as well as a member of the Far East Organization Branding Executive Committee.

Commenting on his new appointment, Mr Chow said “I am excited about participating in the building of a home-grown enterprise and expanding it beyond our shore."

He added that he looks forward to nurturing enterprising leaders and harnessing their collective vision to take the business to a new level.

Mr Chow joins Far East Organization from MediaCorp where he has been its CEO since December 2005.

He started his career with Hewlett Packard (HP) where he spent almost 20 years in various senior positions before joining SingTel in 1998 where he held the positions of CEO (SingTel Mobile), Executive Vice President (Consumer Business) and Executive Vice President (Corporate Business).

- CNA/sf

land118
17-02-11, 16:00
Wow, will FEO be able to sell more property units with Lucas Chow on board?

Regulators
17-02-11, 18:21
I think he can get some belly dancers to perform at the show flats

ecimbew
17-02-11, 19:26
My idol! Lucas Chow is like a superstar. I want his hair! LOL!!

mcmlxxvi
17-02-11, 19:35
My idol! Lucas Chow is like a superstar. I want his hair! LOL!!
Reminds me of Stripe the evil head of Gremlins 2 or is it 3...

mr funny
18-02-11, 18:50
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/news/story/0,4574,426613,00.html?

Published February 18, 2011

MediaCorp CEO to join Far East as exec director

MEDIACORP CEO Lucas Chow, who will leave the media company in July, will join Far East Organization as an executive director from August.

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-02-18/BT_NEWS_1_CURRENT_UMLUCAS18.jpg
Mr Chow: 'I am excited about participating in the building of a home-grown enterprise...'

Mr Chow is appointed to Far East's executive office and will provide strategic counsel to chief executive Philip Ng on new business growth and brand development across the group's diverse real estate portfolio, the property group said yesterday.

Mr Chow is currently a director of Far East's listed unit Orchard Parade Holdings as well as a member of the group's branding executive committee.

'Lucas brings an excellent record of accomplishments in developing people, businesses, and customers across the dynamic fields of technology, infocomm, and media,' said Mr Ng.

'His sharp business acumen and strong customer orientation have been recognised as key assets in managing change and identifying market opportunities.'

On his new appointment, Mr Chow said: 'I am excited about participating in the building of a home- grown enterprise and expanding it beyond our shore.'

Mr Chow joins Far East from MediaCorp, where he has been chief executive since December 2005.

Under his leadership, MediaCorp launched 'major initiatives in the digital space', Far East said.

He was also credited with being the 'prime-mover' of MediaCorp's corporate social responsibility programme.

He started his career with Hewlett-Packard, where he spent almost 20 years in various senior positions.

Mr Chow joined SingTel in 1998 and held the positions of CEO of SingTel Mobile, executive vice-president for consumer business, and executive vice- president for corporate business.

He was instrumental in increasing SingTel's broadband market share and driving regional expansion in the mobile business, Far East said.