PDA

View Full Version : Budget 2011

extremme
16-02-11, 21:45
Budget 2011 will be announced this Fri. What do you think are the gula to be given out and how will this affect the property market? Maybe more subsidies for lower income or specific groups to buy hdb? If it's just more rental, utilities or conservancy rebates, good for lower income people but no impact on property. Let's make a guess on the handouts since election is coming.And, what is your wishlist?

hyenergix
16-02-11, 21:53
I wish they don't give anything. It's our $ anyway. Everytime they give $1 they take back $2 later :mad: I bet many rates will increase about 2 quarters after the election.

westman
16-02-11, 22:01
Giving back $2 is consider lucky.
The more garment say they want to help, me legs turn to jelly....
The more they help, the more we have to pay....:tsk-tsk: :simmering: :scared-2: :doh:

zzz1
17-02-11, 02:31
Giving back $2 is consider lucky.
The more garment say they want to help, me legs turn to jelly....
The more they help, the more we have to pay....:tsk-tsk: :simmering: :scared-2: :doh:

chinese saying...sheep hair grow from the sheep..

rattydrama
17-02-11, 04:10
5% cash for first time buyer :p so everyone quickly buy house and get married. No excuse.

mantrix
17-02-11, 09:02
5% cash for first time buyer :p so everyone quickly buy house and get married. No excuse.

Cash gift of 20K to each child born in 2011 and after.
Cash gift of 5K for each existing kid.
Cash gift 5K for each married couple.

Then we just copy US and print more SGD and call a QE Asian version

Acer
17-02-11, 09:30
we had to increase GST to 7%. This is to help poor & old

GST increase liao.
Poor getting better?
old get more help?

westman
17-02-11, 10:08

GST increase liao.
Poor getting better?
old get more help?

Everytime garment helps, we ended up pay more...
some examples:

- Help to improve traffit flow into city. How? Erect ERP lor! :tongue3:

- Help to improve public transport service level. How? Operators cited costs pressure up and hence giving operators with valid reasons to increase fee. :scared-2:

- Help to improve safety satandards for School bus services. How? School bus drivers need to install seats with seat belt features. who pay? Parents lor...:banghead:

extremme
17-02-11, 21:23

GST increase liao.
Poor getting better?
old get more help?
Pple say got rumor Gst might go up to 10% I hope not!!

extremme
17-02-11, 21:25
I wish they don't give anything. It's our $ anyway. Everytime they give $1 they take back $2 later :mad: I bet many rates will increase about 2 quarters after the election.
Yeah u all ever notice dat e mth u get utilities bill
Somehow dat mth bill or usage v high offset e rebate end up u still pay abt e same? Nt sure how true it is but happens to us

land118
17-02-11, 21:33
Yeah u all ever notice dat e mth u get utilities bill
Somehow dat mth bill or usage v high offset e rebate end up u still pay abt e same? Nt sure how true it is but happens to us
I would say I never bother to verify or check that meter readings are correctly read by inspectors. Even if wrong, how to seek recourse? Wonder if meters ever become faulty after years of usage...

extremme
17-02-11, 21:46
I would say I never bother to verify or check that meter readings are correctly read by inspectors. Even if wrong, how to seek recourse? Wonder if meters ever become faulty after years of usage...
My mum checks n they r correct but somehow dat particular mth rates go up

westman
17-02-11, 21:52
Nothing is free in Singapore wor.:doh:

CCR
18-02-11, 00:38
You all complain but then still vote for garment lol..... Singaporean only complain only lah.... See the lightning sign at the polling station then legs turn jelly must vote for them again....lol....

Regulators
18-02-11, 01:19
who says we must vote for the lightning? i have never and will never

You all complain but then still vote for garment lol..... Singaporean only complain only lah.... See the lightning sign at the polling station then legs turn jelly must vote for them again....lol....

Regulators
18-02-11, 01:37
KNN every year so much of tax payer's money go to their tax free salaries but only a small handful worthy of the high pay, a lot just filling into their constituency roles and I don't even know what the hell majority of them do most of the time to deserve the fat pay and bonus and best of all we don't even know most of their names. Being self-employed, I have to slog hard to build my business from scratch but they feed on taxes that people like us pay them and everywhere they go bootlickers have to kow tow to them and lay the red carpet for them. I respect the hawkers that serve me in the hawker centre more than them. The founding father of modern Singapore did a great job no doubt, but that was history.

westman
18-02-11, 06:37
KNN every year so much of tax payer's money go to their tax free salaries but only a small handful worthy of the high pay, a lot just filling into their constituency roles and I don't even know what the hell majority of them do most of the time to deserve the fat pay and bonus and best of all we don't even know most of their names. Being self-employed, I have to slog hard to build my business from scratch but they feed on taxes that people like us pay them and everywhere they go bootlickers have to kow tow to them and lay the red carpet for them. I respect the hawkers that serve me in the hawker centre more than them. The founding father of modern Singapore did a great job no doubt, but that was history.

Frankly I doesn't mind garment folks take big salary as long they stop thinking great ideas to "help" us.

Geylang OKT
18-02-11, 08:14
chinese saying...sheep hair grow from the sheep..

indian saying got what? :D

hopeful
18-02-11, 08:58
wanqing not here?

extremme
18-02-11, 09:00
Boh leh, i never get a chance to vote all my life... all walk-overs, sianz if i got a chance, its clear who im going to vote for!!

Most singaporeans esp older folks prefer not to rock the boat... its younger folks who are dis-satisfied with the status quo

devilplate
18-02-11, 09:10
Boh leh, i never get a chance to vote all my life... all walk-overs, sianz if i got a chance, its clear who im going to vote for!!

Most singaporeans esp older folks prefer not to rock the boat... its younger folks who are dis-satisfied with the status quo

one of the reasons: young couples r forced to stay in punggol? hehe

i got a fren who used to b vy anti-pap.....ever since he got a unit at the havelock balance hdb flat....i nvr hear him complain anymore....he only smile smile when we say he oredi earn 200k profit on paper

land118
18-02-11, 09:21

Most singaporeans esp older folks prefer not to rock the boat... its younger folks who are dis-satisfied with the status quo Then you are staying in an estate opposition don't dare to touch, mean your area must have lots of upgrading and good support from PAP to keep all of you happy and scare the opposition away...

extremme
18-02-11, 09:22

i got a fren who used to b vy anti-pap.....ever since he got a unit at the havelock balance hdb flat....i nvr hear him complain anymore....he only smile smile when we say he oredi earn 200k profit on paper

my hdb flat also have abt 300k profit on paper already but still....:tsk-tsk:

it works the same, if u sell ur hdb for 500k now, u still have to fork out 500k maybe even more for renovation etc for a new place.. so where is this paper gain? Unless u tell me u sell liao and live on the streets?

Sell high and buy high = more costs

land118
18-02-11, 09:27
my hdb flat also have abt 300k profit on paper already but still....:tsk-tsk:

it works the same, if u sell ur hdb for 500k now, u still have to fork out 500k maybe even more for renovation etc for a new place.. so where is this paper gain? Unless u tell me u sell liao and live on the streets?

Sell high and buy high = more costs Sell high, buy EVEN HIGHER

wenqing
18-02-11, 09:30

Your friend must be quite shallow then.

I worry if property values is the only reason for voting PAP. It is not a vote by merit.

What your friend does not know is sell high buy higher rule.

On paper, it is a great profit but it is useless if he does not sell and unlock the value.

But where will he stay ?

His next apartment purchase could be equalling high price or higher price.

Only the government benefits from this merry go round.

Property should be treated as a roof over head and not for investment, speculation and profit making.

What goes round, comes round.

Your friend may make money from property now but sooner or later, he will have to give it back.

His children will be screaming for help 25 years later asking your friend for 1 million dollars to get a HDB flat aka Hong Kong style.

Salaries can never beat inflation or property prices. It is always chasing.

Either the family will become divided or your friend will have to help his children.

Whatever your friend earn from property in his heydays will be given back to nature and given back to property.

The lessons from Hong Kong and Japan is real. Hong Kong and Japan property will implode one day.

You want Singapore to be next?

The bigger nations had not really seen this problem yet due to land size.

I foresee worse days ahead for 1st time buyers.

Unless, property is strictly forbidden to be use as investment and speculation.

It can only be use as home.

Making small profits from property is fine when you need to sincerely sell, but using property as aims for profiteering is recipe for disaster.

Forget the past , the property road ahead seems bleak if the status quo continues.

land118
18-02-11, 09:35
Very auspicious day, Toto 11m, if not strike, all of us still have goodies from the Budget...

wenqing
18-02-11, 09:42
Budget 2011 will be announced this Fri. What do you think are the gula to be given out and how will this affect the property market? Maybe more subsidies for lower income or specific groups to buy hdb? If it's just more rental, utilities or conservancy rebates, good for lower income people but no impact on property. Let's make a guess on the handouts since election is coming.And, what is your wishlist?

No goodies please.

PAP's track record is famous for giving $1 to Singaporeans and taking back $20 for next 5 years.

I rather they do not help us or else they use the poor as excuse to raise GST again after elections.

Government policies are the biggest culprit for inflations the last 5 years.

devilplate
18-02-11, 10:15
Your friend must be quite shallow then.

u seriously diff league from commoners....u got different asiprations....many others r vy 'shallow' and simple...

for his case, he can only afford 3xxk but he wants central location and brand new....he got wat he wants and now happily waiting for his flat to b ready.....

want cheap and fresh and big big mah.....haha

for many others...even more shallow.....a simple 3rm flat in punggol or even a hdb rental flat will do for them oredi....plus a secure job of 1.5k....happy liao.....

my estate cleaner everyday carry a broad smile too....:cheers6:

devilplate
18-02-11, 10:16
No goodies please.

PAP's track record is famous for giving $1 to Singaporeans and taking back $20 for next 5 years.

I rather they do not help us or else they use the poor as excuse to raise GST again after elections.

Government policies are the biggest culprit for inflations the last 5 years.

omg...here u comes again:scared-4: :scared-3:

extremme
18-02-11, 10:21
u seriously diff league from commoners....u got different asiprations....many others r vy 'shallow' and simple...

for his case, he can only afford 3xxk but he wants central location and brand new....he got wat he wants and now happily waiting for his flat to b ready.....

want cheap and fresh and big big mah.....haha

for many others...even more shallow.....a simple 3rm flat in punggol or even a hdb rental flat will do for them oredi....plus a secure job of 1.5k....happy liao.....

my estate cleaner everyday carry a broad smile too....:cheers6:

zhi chu chang le is the best... be contented and happy... ren pi ren qi shi ren... so dun compare your flat to the upscale CCR landed... u'll never be contented

extremme
18-02-11, 10:24
[quote=wenqing]

His children will be screaming for help 25 years later asking your friend for 1 million dollars to get a HDB flat aka Hong Kong style.

[quote]
Very high chance,some 5 room hdb flats in toa payoh are already transacting at 700+k!!! :scared-1:

We rue this day to happen... how can a young couple with barely any savings and CPF have this much $ for even the COV or 5% downpayment? And govt says fertility rates are decreasing, they should jolly well see why rates are decreasing, high costs of living,high medical bills, high HDB flats...everything going up except salaries... A visit to PD for my 2 kids can easily set me back S$450 - S$650, dat's how expensive children medical care are now

Regulators
18-02-11, 10:33
i mind a lot coz these people are taking public funds and don't pay taxes. Do we also need so many MPs in a single constituency when one MP is more than sufficient to helm it?

I also never seem to understand the singaporean mentality. whenever the MP is coming to visit the estate, grassroot people would frantically rush to tidy up that part of the estate and show the best part to the MP, but is that really necessary? Shouldnt these MPs see the worst part of the estate so that they have more work on their agenda to justify the salaries that taxpayers give them?

Frankly I doesn't mind garment folks take big salary as long they stop thinking great ideas to "help" us.

Laguna
18-02-11, 10:50
i mind a lot coz these people are taking public funds and don't pay taxes. Do we also need so many MPs in a single constituency when one MP is more than sufficient to helm it?

I also never seem to understand the singaporean mentality. whenever the MP is coming to visit the estate, grassroot people would frantically rush to tidy up that part of the estate and show the best part to the MP, but is that really necessary? Shouldnt these MPs see the worst part of the estate so that they have more work on their agenda to justify the salaries that taxpayers give them?

can u give this feedback to our PM, MM and SM...and see what will happen
u can get all their email addresses easily

Regulators
18-02-11, 11:09
I am sure you read the news. People have brought up the issue of ministers salaries and the GRC before, so to confront them on the issue would be counterproductive.

Regulators
18-02-11, 11:10
moreover i am just a voice in the wind.

hopeful
18-02-11, 11:21
moreover i am just a voice in the wind.

the small guy in Africa not just light himself up, but also lights up Northen Africa and now spreading to Middle East.
We just need that 1st guy.......to inspire us.
Wonder who will it be? Wenqing?

Regulators
18-02-11, 11:23
Look at how CSJ and JBJ and many others got fried :scared-3:

the small guy in Africa not just light himself up, but also lights up Northen Africa and now spreading to Middle East.
We just need that 1st guy.......to inspire us.
Wonder who will it be? Wenqing?

hopeful
18-02-11, 11:57
Look at how CSJ and JBJ and many others got fried :scared-3:

They didnt light themselves up.
so either they lit themselves up or others will "lit" them up - their pick.
Since they choose the 2nd part, no effect.

mantrix
18-02-11, 12:06
counting down in 2 hours...

anyway what do you think will be the benefits (if any at all) pte property owners will get as opposed to those in HDBs?

40% off income tax payment? :scared-4:

Allthepies
18-02-11, 12:34
hope for more coporate tax cuts to attract more businesses to Singapore so that we will continue to prosper and huat together :D

Allthepies
18-02-11, 12:44
I am sure you read the news. People have brought up the issue of ministers salaries and the GRC before, so to confront them on the issue would be counterproductive.

Frankly speaking u really need good pay to attract capable people to run the ministries and government and to keep it as corruption free as possible. The whole economy is progressing and doing well, so I see their strategies are working well. Why want to fix something that is not broken?. Let's progress and make more moeney together :D

kellogs
18-02-11, 12:47
hmnm Singapore is an Island ... without PAP/Lee Kuan Yew where is Singapore?

Vote for opposition? :beats-me-man:

I grew up in 3rd world country (not Singapore) and i know how tough it is ...

Singapore provided some level of equal playing field for the smart and hard working ones but what about those 3rd world countries?

DaytonaSS
18-02-11, 12:51
hmnm Singapore is an Island ... without PAP/Lee Kuan Yew where is Singapore?

Vote for opposition? :beats-me-man:

I grew up in 3rd world country (not Singapore) and i know how tough it is ...

Singapore provided some level of equal playing field for the smart and hard working ones but what about those 3rd world countries?

The success of Singapore is nothing short of a miracle....

DaytonaSS
18-02-11, 13:02

The numbers of properties you own i m sure u are more successful than LKY in terms of properties own. What is a few M a year, if they can continue to bring growth to 3m Singaporeans. CEO of company already earning millions lor.

U think all the top post in the region eat coffee money less than few millions a year? The qn is not about $$$, its about delivery. Sometimes paying 2-3m to top business pple to ask them come ran Singapore they might not be interested also lor. Imagine Regulator is a MP, i m sure tons of pple will ask y u own CCR, OCR , RCR n flat.

PS: not targeting anyone, but wanna be fair to pple whom have delivered the results. Sometimes i dont understand y pple wanna stay in Singapore and say that other country is better? i mean , just go lor...

hopeful
18-02-11, 13:33
.....Imagine Regulator is a MP, i m sure tons of pple will ask y u own CCR, OCR , RCR n flat.

The correct answer is:
the more properties I have, the more stakes i have in Singapore, the more I will ensure the prosperity of Singapore.:D

Regulators
18-02-11, 14:36
We need good portfolio ministers to run the show no doubt, and they deserve good pay no lesser than CEOs of companies, but what about those not holding any portfolio that are just there to add to numbers in the GRCs? Do you really need 5-6 MPs in a single constituency to taking turns to meet the people every week? btw i don't subscribe to the idea of low cost housing in singapore, so i will never be an MP .

The numbers of properties you own i m sure u are more successful than LKY in terms of properties own. What is a few M a year, if they can continue to bring growth to 3m Singaporeans. CEO of company already earning millions lor.

U think all the top post in the region eat coffee money less than few millions a year? The qn is not about $$$, its about delivery. Sometimes paying 2-3m to top business pple to ask them come ran Singapore they might not be interested also lor. Imagine Regulator is a MP, i m sure tons of pple will ask y u own CCR, OCR , RCR n flat.

PS: not targeting anyone, but wanna be fair to pple whom have delivered the results. Sometimes i dont understand y pple wanna stay in Singapore and say that other country is better? i mean , just go lor...

ay123
18-02-11, 15:29

agree. what is paying millions to bring in growth for singapore? those ppl only look at the $$$$$$ the minister is getting. if they have the capability, do u think the govt will not spend million to recruit them? question is : do those ppl who complain about high minister pay have the capability to receive such pay? :beats-me-man:

wenqing
18-02-11, 17:21
The success of Singapore is nothing short of a miracle....

You are confusing the PAP ran by old guards, with the PAP run by fat cats.

wenqing
18-02-11, 17:25
Frankly speaking u really need good pay to attract capable people to run the ministries and government and to keep it as corruption free as possible. The whole economy is progressing and doing well, so I see their strategies are working well. Why want to fix something that is not broken?. Let's progress and make more moeney together :D

Alot of self praise here.

By the time you want to fix it when it is broken, Singapore will become another Tunisia and Egypt because there is no system to replace under-performing governments peacefully. It will be too late by then.

You are trying to say the entire world is corrupt since only Singapore pay the leaders highest salaries to prevent corruption.

Base on your logic, alot of us in private sector is corrupt too because we have no mnimum wages and are not paid above market rate to prevent corruption.

The government imposed minimum wages to prevent corruption for Ministers but not minimum wages for entire civil service and private sector, contradicting policies anyone ??

The local economy is doing well is because the global economy recovered from the financial crisis as well. Singapore leaders are not so influential globally.

kellogs
18-02-11, 18:14
... Sometimes i dont understand y pple wanna stay in Singapore and say that other country is better? i mean , just go lor...

I really like this sentence ... not happy GO LOR :D

spikey69
18-02-11, 19:15

AGREE - not happy in Singapore...GO LOR!!! Join the opposition lor!

Allthepies
18-02-11, 20:10
By the time you want to fix it when it is broken, Singapore will become another Tunisia and Egypt because there is no system to replace under-performing governments peacefully. It will be too late by then.

Can I ask which system is proven and better than the current one used by Singapore and applicable to our local context?

You are trying to say the entire world is corrupt since only Singapore pay the leaders highest salaries to prevent corruption.

I only say high pay reduces the chance of corruption. Just look around you and you will understand... :D

The government imposed minimum wages to prevent corruption for Ministers but not minimum wages for entire civil service and private sector, contradicting policies anyone ??

The government wants to attract the best people to lead Singapore that why they peg the pay to top xx of the professions.

Dr Vivian Balakrishnan and Dr Ng Eng Hen were specialist doctors before they become Ministers. They took a pay cut to become ministers to serve the people.

I was hoping they raise the income of ministers even more so that more capable people will want to serve Singapore to bring Singapore to greater prosperity. :D

The local economy is doing well is because the global economy recovered from the financial crisis as well. Singapore leaders are not so influential globally.

What say you? :scared-5: The US and Europe is still in deep shit with US unemployment rate at close to 10%. The global economy is shitty...

extremme
18-02-11, 21:16
It should not be all money to attract n retain top talent it should be e desire n passion to serve e country.. Patriotism should be what matters look at Obama job so much lower paid as compared to our high paying ministers n yet his job is so much more stressful but yet so many top talent are vying for this position!

wenqing
18-02-11, 22:00

Singapore is a country for all Singaporeans , not just PAP supporters.

Why should people leave if they are not happy with the performance of the government?

What is wrong with saying your piece as citizen?

Besides, isn't it normal to take sides in a multi-party electoral system like Singapore?

It is 21st century, yet there is still people who think so autocratically. Shocking.

DaytonaSS
18-02-11, 22:08
It should not be all money to attract n retain top talent it should be e desire n passion to serve e country.. Patriotism should be what matters look at Obama job so much lower paid as compared to our high paying ministers n yet his job is so much more stressful but yet so many top talent are vying for this position!

TOP TALENT + DESIRE TO SERVE + GIVE UP LIFETIME TO COUNTRY = 1 in 5m population......

Most pple talk Patriotism only lah. Expect others whom are top talent, suppose to earn millions in private sectors come out n make their life better but pay abit better than onself only. But when ask them to come n give their life to country they will say i will never be MP.

If one top talent, i think one will not be interested to make only 3m and need to be responsible for 5m pple unless he is someone very special.

wenqing
18-02-11, 22:18
TOP TALENT + DESIRE TO SERVE + GIVE UP LIFETIME TO COUNTRY = 1 in 5m population......

Most pple talk Patriotism only lah. Expect others whom are top talent, suppose to earn millions in private sectors come out n make their life better but pay abit better than onself only. But when ask them to come n give their life to country they will say i will never be MP.

If one top talent, i think one will not be interested to make only 3m and need to be responsible for 5m pple unless he is someone very special.

Top talent in other sectors may not mean top talent in politics.

Besides, which policies these past 5 years are top talent policies ??

wenqing
18-02-11, 22:30
Can I ask which system is proven and better than the current one used by Singapore and applicable to our local context?

I only say high pay reduces the chance of corruption. Just look around you and you will understand... :D

The government wants to attract the best people to lead Singapore that why they peg the pay to top xx of the professions.

Dr Vivian Balakrishnan and Dr Ng Eng Hen were specialist doctors before they become Ministers. They took a pay cut to become ministers to serve the people.

I was hoping they raise the income of ministers even more so that more capable people will want to serve Singapore to bring Singapore to greater prosperity. :D

What say you? :scared-5: The US and Europe is still in deep shit with US unemployment rate at close to 10%. The global economy is shitty...

No system is foolproof since you acknowledge it will be broken one day. Which is why I use real life examples to remind you that it is too late to take back and fix it when it is broken.

You gave your logic and I disagree.

There is no proven equation Highest Pay = No Corruption.

You are saying leaders from China, Japan, Australia etc are all corrupt then.

We seen enough examples of low paid jobs like Taxi Driver returning valuable Lost & Found and highly paid executives, a PAP MP, a SLA Director committing Ciminal Breach of Trust (CBT) and fraud.

You saying previous PAP governments before Minister Pay Raise are all corrupt by default ??

Highest Pay does not equal Highest Capability. Minibonds collapse, Enron collapse and Asia Financial Crisis are examples of that.

Each profession are talented in its own ways.

The 2 Ministers you mentioned maybe talented in medicine but definitely not politics . For past 5 years, besides gaffes, I did not see them contributing talented policies.

They may draw high pay in medicine and that is their business but they enter politics with eyes wide open, they are not kids. I do not think CEO of SGH earn as much a Minister he is now anyway.

Politics is not a place to earn Big Business salaries.

You should read more news outside Singapore domain. Hong Kong was first out of recession, followed by Asia and Europe due to hefty bail out packages.

USA is on and off but recovering as it is a bigger nation and source of financial crisis. But Singaporeans are using its Facebook, iPhones and watching their NBA.

Your arguments are too simplistic.

Regulators
18-02-11, 22:48
i agree with you. Why should high pay be used to justify no corruption? Shouldnt anyone not be corrupt whether he has high or low pay? If the government has the mentality that they should get paid on an extraordinary scale in order for work to be done properly, arent they putting a price tag on their service to the country? Does it mean if they dont get paid well, they would rather work in the private sector? If that is the case, then their heart is not in the right place.

No system is foolproof since you acknowledge it will be broken one day. Which is why I use real life examples to remind you that it is too late to take back and fix it when it is broken.

You gave your logic and I disagree.

There is no proven equation Highest Pay = No Corruption.

You are saying leaders from China, Japan, Australia etc are all corrupt then.

We seen enough examples of low paid jobs like Taxi Driver returning valuable Lost & Found and highly paid executives, a PAP MP, a SLA Director committing Ciminal Breach of Trust (CBT) and fraud.

You saying previous PAP governments before Minister Pay Raise are all corrupt by default ??

Highest Pay does not equal Highest Capability. Minibonds collapse, Enron collapse and Asia Financial Crisis are examples of that.

Each profession are talented in its own ways.

The 2 Ministers you mentioned maybe talented in medicine but definitely not politics . For past 5 years, besides gaffes, I did not see them contributing talented policies.

They may draw high pay in medicine and that is their business but they enter politics with eyes wide open, they are not kids. I do not think CEO of SGH earn as much a Minister he is now anyway.

Politics is not a place to earn Big Business salaries.

You should read more news outside Singapore domain. Hong Kong was first out of recession, followed by Asia and Europe due to hefty bail out packages.

USA is on and off but recovering as it is a bigger nation and source of financial crisis. But Singaporeans are using its Facebook, iPhones and watching their NBA.

Your arguments are too simplistic.

wenqing
18-02-11, 23:06
i agree with you. Why should high pay be used to justify no corruption? Shouldnt anyone not be corrupt whether he has high or low pay? If the government has the mentality that they should get paid on an extraordinary scale in order for work to be done properly, arent they putting a price tag on their service to the country? Does it mean if they dont get paid well, they would rather work in the private sector? If that is the case, then their heart is not in the right place.

It is all about character.

Or else the Olympics Gifts-for-Votes scandals during choosing of Host nation for each Olympics will not have happened.

Members of Olympic Committee are not poor and not weak by any means.

DaytonaSS
18-02-11, 23:25
Singapore is a country for all Singaporeans , not just PAP supporters.

Why should people leave if they are not happy with the performance of the government?

What is wrong with saying your piece as citizen?

Besides, isn't it normal to take sides in a multi-party electoral system like Singapore?

It is 21st century, yet there is still people who think so autocratically. Shocking.

in perspective one is unhappy with what of what we have/achieved?

many pple live in the illusion that other pple live their live to make yours life a better one. No need see too far, dont most pple go into politics to line up their pockets or indirectly line up their pockets? Just look at all the countries ard Singapore. I m grateful for the environment that we are in.

Really does the opposition in your town work to make your life a better one? So what have the opposition done for Singapore so that we can take their side.

No system is perfect, but on a overall pic, the system must be able to organize , implement resources , create opportunities for Singaporeans.

DaytonaSS
18-02-11, 23:31
Top talent in other sectors may not mean top talent in politics.

Besides, which policies these past 5 years are top talent policies ??

The ones that made your property went up 50% in the last 5 years. Without a successful economy u think that is possible? The same policies that put the little red dots on the world map.

I think the reason y most of us didnt feel the impact in this crisis and had top class growth then the economy recover is not by chance. Anyway i m not here to promote PAP. Just feel that most pple take things for granted.

devilplate
19-02-11, 01:01
sian la this thread....which country is perfect?? if wana find fault...sure can find rite? cant find...twist and argue until got fault aso can rite? LOL

devilplate
19-02-11, 01:15
to proud owner:

no more TV/radio license....mabe they heard u? hehe

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1111579/1/.html

wenqing
19-02-11, 01:20
in perspective one is unhappy with what of what we have/achieved?

many pple live in the illusion that other pple live their live to make yours life a better one. No need see too far, dont most pple go into politics to line up their pockets or indirectly line up their pockets? Just look at all the countries ard Singapore. I m grateful for the environment that we are in.

Really does the opposition in your town work to make your life a better one? So what have the opposition done for Singapore so that we can take their side.

No system is perfect, but on a overall pic, the system must be able to organize , implement resources , create opportunities for Singaporeans.

How can Opposition show anything without being voted in?

None of us are fortune tellers.

Did we know PAP can do anything when it was Opposition before it became government ??

If you want to compare, please compare apple with apple and not apple with orange.

We have the highest paid government not with comparing with 3rd World nations.

Please compare Singaporeans with citizens from developed countries and see what else Singaporeans are behind aka Salaries, Purchasing Power, Global Status etc.

No system is perfect, you are right, which is why we should limit the empowerment we give to present government.

wenqing
19-02-11, 01:34
The ones that made your property went up 50% in the last 5 years. Without a successful economy u think that is possible? The same policies that put the little red dots on the world map.

I think the reason y most of us didnt feel the impact in this crisis and had top class growth then the economy recover is not by chance. Anyway i m not here to promote PAP. Just feel that most pple take things for granted.

What PAP did was no rocket science which was to limit supply of HDB flats and private property and increase demand by allowing FTs, PRs etc to buy both HDB and private property and opening the floodgates to let them in.

Demand outstrip supply = inflated prices. Even other parties can implement this easily with help from civil service.

This is why you have now 4 cooling measures aim at foreign buyers and rush to increase supply of housing even though it is 5 years too late.

Is inflated housing price a good thing ??

It is good for first 2-3 generations since independence who bought houses early but it is point of no return for next 5 generations.

Your children and grandchildren will need your help to secure their first home. Whatever you earn now will be return to property via your children.

I do not need my home to inflate by 50% because I can only unlock the value by selling which I am not, I just need a home to stay and so is my children and their families.

If I sell high, so will be my next purchase unless I sleep on the streets. This musical chairs only benefits government coffers and nobody else.

I am not here to condemn PAP either but I do not see anything wrong in making PAP work harder for their inflated salary by increasing opposition presence in Parliament.

Instead of passing policies like drinking water and changing it later aka cooling measures, at least the policies will be properly debated, watered down and passed with serious scanning.

Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan, Australia all were relatively unharmed by the US Financial Crisis.

Are their leaders highest paid, less talented and demand godlike respect from citizens ??

I think it is PAP that is taking the citizens for granted instead.

MPs not turning up at Parliament, sleeping at Parliament and making callous remarks at Singaporeans.

It is degenerating. I know because I was once also a PAP voter.

wenqing
19-02-11, 01:38
sian la this thread....which country is perfect?? if wana find fault...sure can find rite? cant find...twist and argue until got fault aso can rite? LOL

You are right , there is no perfect country.

You should have said this at 2007 during Minister Pay Raise Debate whereby PAP self-glorify themselves to justify the pay raise to be most expensive government in the world.

Even Minister Lim Swee Say made a speech that Singapore Civil Service deserve high salaries because it is the 'best' in the world without showing why.

Since we are no perfect country and not the best, then all the more we should curb their authority in Parliament.

Competition improves standard.

Regulators
19-02-11, 02:28
Well said well said
What PAP did was no rocket science which was to limit supply of HDB flats and private property and increase demand by allowing FTs, PRs etc to buy both HDB and private property and opening the floodgates to let them in.

Demand outstrip supply = inflated prices. Even other parties can implement this easily with help from civil service.

This is why you have now 4 cooling measures aim at foreign buyers and rush to increase supply of housing even though it is 5 years too late.

Is inflated housing price a good thing ??

It is good for first 2-3 generations since independence who bought houses early but it is point of no return for next 5 generations.

Your children and grandchildren will need your help to secure their first home. Whatever you earn now will be return to property via your children.

I do not need my home to inflate by 50% because I can only unlock the value by selling which I am not, I just need a home to stay and so is my children and their families.

If I sell high, so will be my next purchase unless I sleep on the streets. This musical chairs only benefits government coffers and nobody else.

I am not here to condemn PAP either but I do not see anything wrong in making PAP work harder for their inflated salary by increasing opposition presence in Parliament.

Instead of passing policies like drinking water and changing it later aka cooling measures, at least the policies will be properly debated, watered down and passed with serious scanning.

Hong Kong, China, Korea, Japan, Australia all were relatively unharmed by the US Financial Crisis.

Are their leaders highest paid, less talented and demand godlike respect from citizens ??

I think it is PAP that is taking the citizens for granted instead.

MPs not turning up at Parliament, sleeping at Parliament and making callous remarks at Singaporeans.

westman
19-02-11, 04:20

I tot PAP did a excellent during the founding period for Singapore. However, for each succession in "wining" for political election, it is gradually exhibits behavious with minds like what Lord Acton advocated:

All power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely....

Corruption may not be necessarily means corruption for monetary/financial gains. Ionically, the obsession in holding power continually may "corrupts" someone who is in absolute power to take all necessary actions (be it in the ungentlement causes) to make sure such power is not taken away.

In politics, it is generally a dogs eat dogs game, thus those on power may do something to mitigate politics challenges from opposition. However, I think the current political environment is rather restictive and heavily tweaked in many areas to allows healthy growth in political maturity.

rattydrama
19-02-11, 06:37

and bring your father, grand father, in laws, wife and children together? not so straight forward.

Regulators
19-02-11, 07:12
How to have political maturity when so many in the forum are only too consumed with enriching their pockets and watching over their wealth and nothing else. We can have prosperity and democracy at the same time, not autocratic leadership when laws are passed like going to the toilet for a poop
I tot PAP did a excellent during the founding period for Singapore. However, for each succession in "wining" for political election, it is gradually exhibits behavious with minds like what Lord Acton advocated:

All power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely....

Corruption may not be necessarily means corruption for monetary/financial gains. Ionically, the obsession in holding power continually may "corrupts" someone who is in absolute power to take all necessary actions (be it in the ungentlement causes) to make sure such power is not taken away.

In politics, it is generally a dogs eat dogs game, thus those on power may do something to mitigate politics challenges from opposition. However, I think the current political environment is rather restictive and heavily tweaked in many areas to allows healthy growth in political maturity.

Regulators
19-02-11, 07:21
What a shallow mentality you have. So you are telling me those who vote for opposition should all leave the country? Political awareness is a healthy thing for a nation and it doesn't mean that when people voice out against the government, they should leave the country. For your info, the country belinda to all singaporeans, not the government :doh:

Regulators
19-02-11, 07:25
Singapore belongs to Singaporeans, not the government

samsara
19-02-11, 07:49
Indeed. Without the opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities, it is impossible for the voters to know what the opposition are able to accomplish for the people. However, the knife cuts both ways. It is not practical to allow the opposition to have governing powers since they are untested. There is plenty at stake and the price of failure will be significant.

The capable will make a breakthrough in any environment. Many of our forefathers came with nothing on their backs. With their bare hands they created businesses and industries. The more enterprising of them led the charge by bringing people together to tap on their collective talent.

If our forefathers could succeed in those much harsher times, the opposition parties have no excuse that the environment does not accord them a fair playing field. They have to fight and carve a space out for themselves. Treat the incumbent and the current environment as part of the playing field and the hurdles to be overcome. Now, if the opposition can triumph in the face of such overwhelming adversity to pull off accomplishments that can showcase their abilities, I would gladly give my vote to them.

The incumbent government is not perfect. There have been many areas in which they could have done better, both as individual policy-makers and as a group. However, this does not automatically translate to the case that the opposition could have done better. There is no way of telling that until the opposition is presented with the opportunity to be in the position of decision-making and policy-setting. Thus, the opposition has to fight for their members to be in power and show that they can do it too.

In summary, the crux of the matter is not about how the opposition is not given the chance to be in power, it is about how they will need to create the opportunities for themselves in the midst of adversity while navigating in an unfriendly environment dominated by the incumbent.

Let us keep our eyes and minds open, and be discerning. Pay due diligence and accord the deserving our respect and support, be they the incumbent or the opposition.

Just my two cents worth.

How can Opposition show anything without being voted in?

None of us are fortune tellers.

Did we know PAP can do anything when it was Opposition before it became government ??

If you want to compare, please compare apple with apple and not apple with orange.

We have the highest paid government not with comparing with 3rd World nations.

Please compare Singaporeans with citizens from developed countries and see what else Singaporeans are behind aka Salaries, Purchasing Power, Global Status etc.

No system is perfect, you are right, which is why we should limit the empowerment we give to present government.

westman
19-02-11, 09:28
How to have political maturity when so many in the forum are only too consumed with enriching their pockets and watching over their wealth and nothing else. We can have prosperity and democracy at the same time, not autocratic leadership when laws are passed like going to the toilet for a poop

Well, I like some of the laws that passed by PAP but not all. Pity is, not much of opposite views were given in the press. Tot it's either opposition sleeping in P meeting or views were screened from press. Somehow, we only get to see ugly news relating to opposition and nothing constructive from them. Yeah, Is opposition really sucked to express opinions?

My concern is: what will happened to us if PAP falls too deep into the mayhem of "Power corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely" situation, who will help us by then? In business, we talk about corporate governance, in singapore politics, do we have good political governance to safeguard us from power corruptions from any party (be it incumbents or opposition) :scared-3:

Disclaimer: corruption not necessary equal to monetary....

Geylang OKT
19-02-11, 09:29
I love Georgie Orwell :D

mcmlxxvi
19-02-11, 10:45
Singapore belongs to Singaporeans, not the government

Well said. I agree. If we the people dont cooperate, dont follow law, dont listen to government, you think any of those policies or law will work? It takes two hands to clap both the govt and ours.

Regulators
19-02-11, 10:50
No separation of powers in the first place, where got political governance? Lky is a law graduate and the first topic covered under conditional law is rule of law and separation of powers, without these two, there is no effective government
Well, I like some of the laws that passed by PAP but not all. Pity is, not much of opposite views were given in the press. Tot it's either opposition sleeping in P meeting or views were screened from press. Somehow, we only get to see ugly news relating to opposition and nothing constructive from them. Yeah, Is opposition really sucked to express opinions?

My concern is: what will happened to us if PAP falls too deep into the mayhem of "Power corrupt, absolute power corrupts absolutely" situation, who will help us by then? In business, we talk about corporate governance, in singapore politics, do we have good political governance to safeguard us from power corruptions from any party (be it incumbents or opposition) :scared-3:

Disclaimer: corruption not necessary equal to monetary....

mcmlxxvi
19-02-11, 10:50
You are right , there is no perfect country.

You should have said this at 2007 during Minister Pay Raise Debate whereby PAP self-glorify themselves to justify the pay raise to be most expensive government in the world.

Even Minister Lim Swee Say made a speech that Singapore Civil Service deserve high salaries because it is the 'best' in the world without showing why.

Since we are no perfect country and not the best, then all the more we should curb their authority in Parliament.

Competition improves standard.

Albeit a simple concept, but why not: if businesses have to be competitive and reinvent themselves to provide more value to customers, why not the government? (We the taxpayers are the customers)

mcmlxxvi
19-02-11, 10:55
I think we are digressing. Anyone has the full list of budget goodies?

mcmlxxvi
19-02-11, 11:05
Private owner get 400 bucks nia... Sheesh. 3rm hdb dweller gets 900 and then 300 plus for usave. Private owner no need electricity and water is it??? So much so for equality...

Allthepies
19-02-11, 11:14
Private owner get 400 bucks nia... Sheesh. 3rm hdb dweller gets 900 and then 300 plus for usave. Private owner no need electricity and water is it??? So much so for equality...

aiya u staying in private already, must remember those who work hard for you to help you make money; no business can succeed without workers right? share a bit of the profit with the lower-income ba :D

mcmlxxvi
19-02-11, 11:19
aiya u staying in private already, must remember those who work hard for you to help you make money; no business can succeed without workers right? share a bit of the profit with the lower-income ba :D
I not some towkay lor only small fry da gong zai ok

Allthepies
19-02-11, 11:23
We can have prosperity and democracy at the same time, not autocratic leadership when laws are passed like going to the toilet for a poop

I think you r pro-US. Is Democracy really that good? If it is, then the whole world will be following Democracy, the US won't have so much difficulty pushing for it in other countries :D

extremme
19-02-11, 11:29
Back to budget 2011:
Grow and share dividends of 600 to 800 Perlman based on home annual value - expected dat since election is coming last election coming also give money out make pple happy so vote for them
- income tax rebate
- 400 per child

Allthepies
19-02-11, 11:29
It is all about character.

Ha ha in this peace time situation can you really find such a noble person to serve the people at low pay? Would you leave a $5million job for a $200k job? If you can't, why do you think anyone would? :doh:

Allthepies
19-02-11, 11:31
I not some towkay lor only small fry da gong zai ok

heard there is personal income tax cut which will benefit the middle income most :D

westman
19-02-11, 11:40

Tot it is 300 for private with income less than 100k.

Surprisingly, hdb 3 rooms dwellers with income more than 30k but less than 100k get 600... With lesser expenses yet getting more $$$?

It's fair to help poor due to inflation but why give out more to this group of folks leh? Dun't private owners need to pay more than three room dwellers with equal income?

westman
19-02-11, 11:42
Back to budget 2011:
Grow and share dividends of 600 to 800 Perlman based on home annual value - expected dat since election is coming last election coming also give money out make pple happy so vote for them
- income tax rebate
- 400 per child

Extrememe, you get 600 or 300?

wenqing
19-02-11, 12:08
Ha ha in this peace time situation can you really find such a noble person to serve the people at low pay? Would you leave a $5million job for a $200k job? If you can't, why do you think anyone would? :doh:

This has nothing to do with nobility.

So you saying all the Ministers all have character problems ??

Then it is better we should not vote for them right since only money can buy their noble character ??

Maybe you are still a student,taking pay cuts when jumping across different industries is very common anywhere.

Whether as doctors and lawyers, each industry has its own special rates.

When you are not proven in politics and in governance, you expect to double your pay ??

It is like getting a Singapore doctor to be UK soccer player overnight.

Your arguments are simplistic, without basis and without analysis.

Which of Ministers was earning $5 million per year before joining politics? None.

Which Ministers are earning $200,000 per year before joining politics? Some lesser, Some higher.

But they enter with eyes wide open. If pay alone is the concern only, then it is better the doctor or the lawyers to remain where they are instead of joining politics.

Besides, doctors and lawyers do not earn much as much as last time these days.

Looking at number of lawyers that take client money and run road and doctors faking advertisements that they can do plastic surgery.

If they join, they should not whine about pay. Any HR in the world will tell you that.

Politics is not a place to earn Big Business money.

Talent is subjective and decided by voters, not by government.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=azNJ3FDM3qwA

Geithner Takes Salary Cut to Run Treasury, Gets Fed Severance

wenqing
19-02-11, 12:10
heard there is personal income tax cut which will benefit the middle income most :D

Next 5 years when GST increase, this income tax cut will become negligeble and useless.

wenqing
19-02-11, 12:13
Indeed. Without the opportunity to demonstrate their capabilities, it is impossible for the voters to know what the opposition are able to accomplish for the people. However, the knife cuts both ways. It is not practical to allow the opposition to have governing powers since they are untested. There is plenty at stake and the price of failure will be significant.

The capable will make a breakthrough in any environment. Many of our forefathers came with nothing on their backs. With their bare hands they created businesses and industries. The more enterprising of them led the charge by bringing people together to tap on their collective talent.

If our forefathers could succeed in those much harsher times, the opposition parties have no excuse that the environment does not accord them a fair playing field. They have to fight and carve a space out for themselves. Treat the incumbent and the current environment as part of the playing field and the hurdles to be overcome. Now, if the opposition can triumph in the face of such overwhelming adversity to pull off accomplishments that can showcase their abilities, I would gladly give my vote to them.

The incumbent government is not perfect. There have been many areas in which they could have done better, both as individual policy-makers and as a group. However, this does not automatically translate to the case that the opposition could have done better. There is no way of telling that until the opposition is presented with the opportunity to be in the position of decision-making and policy-setting. Thus, the opposition has to fight for their members to be in power and show that they can do it too.

In summary, the crux of the matter is not about how the opposition is not given the chance to be in power, it is about how they will need to create the opportunities for themselves in the midst of adversity while navigating in an unfriendly environment dominated by the incumbent.

Let us keep our eyes and minds open, and be discerning. Pay due diligence and accord the deserving our respect and support, be they the incumbent or the opposition.

Just my two cents worth.

Nobody expects PAP to help Opposition but neither should PAP use taxpayers money and abuse the system and structure to help themselves aka Grassroots, Unions, NTUC, GLCs etc

http://geraldgiam.sg/2009/10/how-pap-uses-taxpayer-funded-grassroots-for-political-gain/

How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain (http://geraldgiam.sg/2009/10/how-pap-uses-taxpayer-funded-grassroots-for-political-gain/)

westman
19-02-11, 12:18
No separation of powers in the first place, where got political governance? Lky is a law graduate and the first topic covered under conditional law is rule of law and separation of powers, without these two, there is no effective government

So, are you suggesting that to be effective garment, absolute power it must be? :scared-5:

westman
19-02-11, 12:21
Nobody expects PAP to help Opposition but neither should PAP use taxpayers money and abuse the system and structure to help themselves aka Grassroots, Unions, NTUC, GLCs etc

http://geraldgiam.sg/2009/10/how-pap-uses-taxpayer-funded-grassroots-for-political-gain/

How PAP uses taxpayer-funded grassroots for political gain (http://geraldgiam.sg/2009/10/how-pap-uses-taxpayer-funded-grassroots-for-political-gain/)

Exactly the points what I've been trying to put acrossed.
PAP is good in some way but in many instances .... haiz..... simply too much...:o

Regulators
19-02-11, 12:47
I am saying separation of powers is the bulwark of every democratic society with a constitution. This is basic constitutional law that lky studied in the first year of law school
So, are you suggesting that to be effective garment, absolute power it must be? :scared-5:

mcmlxxvi
19-02-11, 12:54
Tot it is 300 for private with income less than 100k.

Surprisingly, hdb 3 rooms dwellers with income more than 30k but less than 100k get 600... With lesser expenses yet getting more $$$?

It's fair to help poor due to inflation but why give out more to this group of folks leh? Dun't private owners need to pay more than three room dwellers with equal income?
Thats why I already said that I private owner but not rich and low pay rank and file worker only

mantrix
19-02-11, 13:51
I think most of us here got our taxes increased instead and got $100 as compensation... :(

westman
19-02-11, 14:17
I am saying separation of powers is the bulwark of every democratic society with a constitution. This is basic constitutional law that lky studied in the first year of law school

Fair enough...;) Any way are you happy with the budget news? Will you have to pay more for your business?:spliff2:

westman
19-02-11, 14:20
Thats why I already said that I private owner but not rich and low pay rank and file worker only

Of all the groupings, high pay 3 roomers deserved the least, if not 50 only.
High pay, low expenses, should have move up the accommodation ranks to free three room opportunity for less fortunate Singaporeans.

KNN!

Allthepies
19-02-11, 14:21

We are not a democracy :doh: and hope we wont ever be going down that road :scared-3:

With 0 natural resources, we don't have many chances (at most 1 or 2) to tweak the system to try out oppositions and hope it will work. Our top most priority is to ensure our competitiveness to ensure we won't be left behind. I know some Singaporeans like to see a change in power to keep the government in check; but do you want to risk it and what do you hope to achieve from it? If the new system fails, the rich can just migrate but the rest of Singaporeans will be left behind to suffer....

I rest my case now....:2cents:

limfc
19-02-11, 15:10
When I chat with my friend from msia, indo, phillipine, mymmar, china, india, they all envy our system in sgp. These ppl are just like my profile, uni grads and doing reasonably well in IT.

The biggest common pain is corruption and security in their home country.
Sometimes, they need to bribe to get jobs.
Sometimes, the very police are on the same team with the criminals.
When I talk to them, I really feel blessed to be born and raised in sgp.

I also talk to friends in US.
The biggest pain for them is the constant politics inconsistencies with change of gov.
Why? Because most politicians are short sighted and worry abt winning e next polls.
Long term plans are sometimes dropped with change of party in charge.

Of course nothing is perfect...
We do have our flaws like very controlled environment, paying erp and still get jams, waiting super long in polyclinics and hospitals, etc.

Nett nett, I'm grateful & happy where things are...

Fc

extremme
19-02-11, 16:43
Extrememe, you get 600 or 300?
I Duno.. Wat is it based on? House or household income? Heng it's based on 31 Dec coz I haven lodge caveat for my place yet so still based on my hdb but in terms of household income I Duno wat is e limit? Btw dis is rental rebate or utilities or dividends?

DaytonaSS
19-02-11, 19:23
yes yes yes , all your points valid. US have the best 2 party system, they have the best democracy, the have the best opposition to safegard the nation, they have the largest economy in the world, they have all the resources they need, they have oil, they have talent, they have MIT, they have Harvard and they have ministers drawing humble wages + they got gunners gunning children down in schools.

so where are they now? 10% unemplyment, recession, worst health care benefits. BIGGEST DEBT IN THE WORLD, only currency in the world that is not back by foreign reserves + the absolute right to vote for the opposition cos they will do a better job.

So what do Singapore have? You, me and others, nothing else. So Govt open flood gate all the rich pple come in, but u got think y those pple wanna come here? I m sure Batam also happy to open flood gate.

So someone quote XXXXXX countries have recover unscathed, so i ask what does those countries have. They either have an internal economy or tons of resources beneath their foot. Who set up over 20+ FTA with the world big economics, i know for sure certainly is not U. So better stop asking what are the policies that work in the last 5 years......

On big tress, there are bound to have some strong branches and some weak ones, will u chop the tree to remove the weak branches?

Perhaps your boss/business partner should promote your subordinate to see if he or she can do a better job than u,although u are doing a fairly good job. Never mind u are doing a fair job, u are not doing a great job and u are drawing a fat pay. replace with 2 fresh grads and see if they can do a better job. Like u say, never bring them in how u know they cant do a better job than u? After all, never try never know.

Finally peace out, just frustrated again when see pple whom dont stop to count what they have, and only seems to want to count what they dont have. Singapore is for Singaporeans , but many dont behave like 1 here.

mantrix
19-02-11, 20:15
that's quite true...a lot of us tend to take things for granted :sleep:

devilplate
19-02-11, 20:23
Dun always look at the dark side.... Look at the brighter side....

I vy sure IR is a vy Gd decision..... All nicely done so far.... Well done

mantrix
19-02-11, 20:40
Dun always look at the dark side.... Look at the brighter side....

I vy sure IR is a vy Gd decision..... All nicely done so far.... Well done

Am waiting for 3rd IR to be built in the north where there's plenty of space and closer to our dear Malaysian neighbours :D

westman
19-02-11, 21:03
Am waiting for 3rd IR to be built in the north where there's plenty of space and closer to our dear Malaysian neighbours :D

make it 4 at north and west too (near Jurong Country Club) since garment say they want to transform JLD a world class leisure region ...:D :D :D

land118
19-02-11, 21:21
make it 4 at north and west too (near Jurong Country Club) since garment say they want to transform JLD a world class leisure region ...:D :D :D
How about a casino for travelers' in transit and also at change airport....am sure, gov will collect lots more .....$

mantrix
19-02-11, 21:45
How about a casino for travelers' in transit and also at change airport....am sure, gov will collect lots more .....$

We should aim for 3 more by 2020 - we must overtake Macau to be number one casino destination in the world!!! :D

2 in South, one in North, one in West, and one in East - POWER

westman
19-02-11, 21:48
Total Defense become Total Gambling if that happens...:D :D :D

land118
19-02-11, 22:52
Total Defense become Total Gambling if that happens...:D :D :D
Will truely become the True Financial Hub of Asia ( HK + Macau combined into 1) :D :D :D

Regulators
20-02-11, 01:40
I hope for PAP to continue governing the country, I just hope to see 30-40% of parliament made up by the opposition, ministers salaries reduced, tax on ministerial salaries, no encroachment of executive powers in matters of judicial nature

We are not a democracy :doh: and hope we wont ever be going down that road :scared-3:

With 0 natural resources, we don't have many chances (at most 1 or 2) to tweak the system to try out oppositions and hope it will work. Our top most priority is to ensure our competitiveness to ensure we won't be left behind. I know some Singaporeans like to see a change in power to keep the government in check; but do you want to risk it and what do you hope to achieve from it? If the new system fails, the rich can just migrate but the rest of Singaporeans will be left behind to suffer....

I rest my case now....:2cents:

extremme
20-02-11, 01:45
Hear hear!! I agree with you fully dat e opposition need to be more just to keep pap in check.. If not they just issue new policies without any veto n definitely salaries shld be lower
I hope for PAP to continue governing the country, I just hope to see 30-40% of parliament made up by the opposition, ministers salaries reduced, tax on ministerial salaries, no encroachment of executive powers in matters of judicial nature

extremme
20-02-11, 01:50
I dun want a change in power I just hope e power balance is not so skewed such Dat Govt now can suka suka increase transport costs, ministers salaries n put through any other policies without an opposition party to keep them in check n think through carefully y costs n inflation keep going up but yet they keep allowing e transport company to raise costs n pub to increase costs. Transport n utilities are vital to inflation n average Singaporean cost of living. These should always not be privatized and instead run by government with aim of breaking even n serving e public. Instead these instituitions r now run with only profits in mind n keep increasing costs. And singaporeans r too meek to protest

Regulators
20-02-11, 02:08
For every law that is passed, each MP representing their constituencies should effectively be carrying out surveys and studies on the ground to find out how such a law would affect the people in their constituencies and bring up concerns in parliament and debate among themselves whether such a law is feasible. We don't see that happening in Singapore and majority of the MPs just "sleep" through the parliamentary sessions as if the laws have no effect on the people in their constituency. :doh:

Regulators
20-02-11, 02:10
This is the very reason why we need more opposition in parliament to stir debate so that those highly paid MPs do not "sleep" through sessions

ocoloco79
20-02-11, 08:24
QUote: This comes in the form of Growth Dividends. Low-income earners and those living in 3-room or smaller HDB flats will receive the maximum amount of $800, while those in the middle-income group and who live in HDB flats and low-value private homes will receive a Growth Dividend of $600.
Individuals staying in expensive homes, but who do not have high incomes, will receive $300.

May I know what is the definitation of low-value private homes?
Mass market below 1mil considered? WOndering if we will get 300 or 600...

westman
20-02-11, 09:18
I dun want a change in power I just hope e power balance is not so skewed such Dat Govt now can suka suka increase transport costs, ministers salaries n put through any other policies without an opposition party to keep them in check n think through carefully y costs n inflation keep going up but yet they keep allowing e transport company to raise costs n pub to increase costs. Transport n utilities are vital to inflation n average Singaporean cost of living. These should always not be privatized and instead run by government with aim of breaking even n serving e public. Instead these instituitions r now run with only profits in mind n keep increasing costs. And singaporeans r too meek to protest

Hey hey, I recalled two to three months back a minister said someting like this to garment's folks during a conference...

"High Salary??? Mai pai seh, you provide WORLD CLASS SERVICE, take it, why not, you deserve your pay as you are worthy becos you are world class!"

Walau, damn thick skin!:doh:
Any kind soul here can help to provide link to this speech?

westman
20-02-11, 09:30
This is the very reason why we need more opposition in parliament to stir debate so that those highly paid MPs do not "sleep" through sessions

High pay is fine with me. PAP is fine with me too. Sleeping in parliament is also fine too. However, I hope more oppositions to be in parliament to provide alternative views and to debate for issues thus enhancing governance for the better.

westman
20-02-11, 09:35
QUote: This comes in the form of Growth Dividends. Low-income earners and those living in 3-room or smaller HDB flats will receive the maximum amount of $800, while those in the middle-income group and who live in HDB flats and low-value private homes will receive a Growth Dividend of $600.
Individuals staying in expensive homes, but who do not have high incomes, will receive $300.

May I know what is the definitation of low-value private homes?
Mass market below 1mil considered? WOndering if we will get 300 or 600...

Every year, you will recevie property value from IRAS for your properties.
Eg. Annual value is $30,000 etc... You pay 4% (own stay) or 10% (investment) property tax based that annual value.

Back to your question, you will get 300 if your annual value is 13000< and <60000. I think Condos all above 13000.

rattydrama
20-02-11, 10:45

if that is the case property will go up again and more jam at causeway for sure and you will see malaysia government stopping their people from coming to Singapore. The ties would be further weakened......

But I think we are capable of keeping their gov happy :cheers1: :cheers1:

rattydrama
20-02-11, 10:48
betting one sub standard casino at JDL make sense. :D and no one will look down on JDL project and JDL price to go crazy :scared-4:

rattydrama
20-02-11, 10:49

gambler to soak in the casino for few days will make money for the operator. hit and run at airport won make much money for sure.......

rattydrama
20-02-11, 10:51

we dont even have 10% :scared-1: everyone belief in checks and balance should know how to cast their vote (if they are entitled!) but I think 20% should be a good percentage.

azeoprop
20-02-11, 11:01
The last election PAP only won overall 66.6% votes but got 82 seats, while opposition which has the remaining 33.3% votes got only 2 seats. :doh:

Regulators
20-02-11, 13:25
So effectively opposition with that percentage would have 27 seats in parliament which seems fair. Grc and walk overs is the reason why only 2 opposition members are in parliament. I remember sylvia lim bringing the motion on single mp constituency in parliament but I am not sure what pap answered to that.
The last election PAP only won overall 66.6% votes but got 82 seats, while opposition which has the remaining 33.3% votes got only 2 seats. :doh:

mantrix
20-02-11, 15:03
if that is the case property will go up again and more jam at causeway for sure and you will see malaysia government stopping their people from coming to Singapore. The ties would be further weakened......

But I think we are capable of keeping their gov happy :cheers1: :cheers1:

Well if future success of project Iskandar is to be believed then you'll need a stress outlet for all those rich chinese investors nearby what...malaysian gahmen can't control them :p

extremme
20-02-11, 15:46
Dat is y pap is so smart, everyting a ward is borderline case winning they redefine e electoral boundaries n dis ward is now part of a big grc confirm win...how can they keep changing as n when they want each election

limfc
20-02-11, 17:17
a chance for the opposition?
Ling How Doong - won 51.4% in 1991 and had only 28.4% 1997, Bukit Gombak
Cheo Chai Chen - won 50.33% in 1991 and had only 38.67% 1997, Nee Soon Central
Chiam See Tong - won 69.64% in 1991 and won again by 55.15% 1997, Potong Pasir
Low Thia Khiang - won 52.82% in 1991 andwon again by 58.02% 1997, Hougang
Sources:
http://www.elections.gov.sg/elections_past_parliamentary1991.html
http://www.elections.gov.sg/elections_past_parliamentary1997.html

If you guys have not been "on the ground", to the above areas and see for yourself what happens when they are 'in power', maybe you can consider to do so, better still talk to friends or relatives who lived through their governance....

See the difference, feel the difference, for yourself.... then you might have second thoughts, whether it is more important to have a competent MP or a "check-and-balance" MP... of course ideally the opposition MP is both a competent & a "check-and-balance" MP... but of course it would be rare...

rgds,
fc

westman
20-02-11, 17:29
Sources:

If you guys have not been "on the ground", to the above areas and see for yourself what happens when they are 'in power', maybe you can consider to do so, better still talk to friends or relatives who lived through their governance....

See the difference, feel the difference, for yourself.... then you might have second thoughts, whether it is more important to have a competent MP or a "check-and-balance" MP... of course ideally the opposition MP is both a competent & a "check-and-balance" MP... but of course it would be rare...

rgds,
fc

Competent?

When the odds are against these new elected opposition MP with little opportunity to reach national resources and then we start to measure how competents these opposition MP are?

Visit this website to find out how competent for some PAP's MP.

http://www.yeocheowtong.com/

I cannot validate the information as provided in the website is correct. Read and draw your conclusion at your own discretion.

I rest my case here.
:2cents:

land118
20-02-11, 17:43
Visit this website to find out how competent for some PAP's MP.

http://www.yeocheowtong.com/

I cannot validate the information as provided in the website is correct. Read and draw your conclusion at your own discretion.

I rest my case here.
:2cents: ya, seen tis site b4, wonder why government didn't shut this down....

westman
20-02-11, 17:55
ya, seen tis site b4, wonder why government didn't shut this down....

Am surprise too why not shutting it down.
Based on past examples, actions will be taken but why not this one...

Cannot validate how true the content is. But hor, YCT has been very very quiet for a very long while in Hong Kah GRC. Also, he does not appear on newspaper too. :scared-5:

Also, if you can recalled Charles Goodyear? Appointed by the competents to lead Tamasek but later left Tamasek after working a few months. Never really know what happened until I read it from above website.

limfc
20-02-11, 18:30
Competent?

When the odds are against these new elected opposition MP with little opportunity to reach national resources and then we start to measure how competents these opposition MP are?

yes, that is the fact of life, unfortunately...
put yourself in the ruling party's shoes, would you extend the national resources to your opposition parties? :D

westman
20-02-11, 19:16
put yourself in the ruling party's shoes, would you extend the national resources to your opposition parties? :D

Can understand that but tot incumbent has been over doing it for decades...
If we take Singapore's politics environment as a gme of football, the common perceptions would be as follow:

1) Refree karyu
2) The midfield line is draw 5 meters away from opposition goal poles while incumbents have it 75 meters from midfield line.
3) Oppsition goal poles are 20m aparts while incumbent was just 2 inches wide
4) Incumbents play with 80++ players against 2 palyers
5) Playing ground alway changed before game start thus opposition can not plan ahead.
6) If opposition play well and close to winning for a game at any particular ground, that ground will cease to exist the following game...

Me like PAP and was impressed with their performance (not all but most) also cannot tahan... :doh: damn "small people" so to speak.

See my avartar? Who is the snake and who is the birdie... you decide...:D

westman
20-02-11, 20:46
BTW, back to the tread topic: Are you happy with the budget?

I'm glad that Garment offered good budget to the less fortunate Singaporeans except those dwelling in 3 roomers with high income! They do not deserve the much of handout! Else, I think this is excellent so far. :)

wenqing
20-02-11, 21:45
Sources:

rgds,
fc

Are you trying to pull a fast one ?

Why never show GE 2006 results which was the latest and increase support for Low Thia Khiang (1991) & Chiam See Tong (1984) ??

Both has been there a combined 47 years.

Why never show PAP's % votes dropped everywhere at GE 2006 ??

Selective memory and news and old trick.

Singaporeans are no longer 'frog in well' when comes to politics.

Chiam got 55.82% and Low got 62.7% despite limited resources.

Can PAP MPs do the same or willing to sacrifice time given the same limited resources ??

http://geraldgiam.sg/2010/07/opposition-wards-achieve-more-with-less/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hougang_Single_Member_Constituency

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potong_Pasir_Single_Member_Constituency

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singaporean_general_election,_2006

http://www.elections.gov.sg/elections_past_parliamentary2006.html

land118
20-02-11, 21:56
Are you trying to pull a fast one ?

Why never show GE 2006 results which was the latest and increase support for Low Thia Khiang (1991) & Chiam

http://www.elections.gov.sg/elections_past_parliamentary2006.html
Even the strongest pro PAP supporter should take their hats off to Chiam and Low. For 3 decade, Chiam has been been championing the cause of opposition to check on PAP. Would like to think that becos of these 2 in Parliament, PAP cannot relax and need to be on their toes to do better, overall good for Singapore.

wenqing
20-02-11, 22:08
yes yes yes , all your points valid. US have the best 2 party system, they have the best democracy, the have the best opposition to safegard the nation, they have the largest economy in the world, they have all the resources they need, they have oil, they have talent, they have MIT, they have Harvard and they have ministers drawing humble wages + they got gunners gunning children down in schools.

so where are they now? 10% unemplyment, recession, worst health care benefits. BIGGEST DEBT IN THE WORLD, only currency in the world that is not back by foreign reserves + the absolute right to vote for the opposition cos they will do a better job.

So what do Singapore have? You, me and others, nothing else. So Govt open flood gate all the rich pple come in, but u got think y those pple wanna come here? I m sure Batam also happy to open flood gate.

So someone quote XXXXXX countries have recover unscathed, so i ask what does those countries have. They either have an internal economy or tons of resources beneath their foot. Who set up over 20+ FTA with the world big economics, i know for sure certainly is not U. So better stop asking what are the policies that work in the last 5 years......

On big tress, there are bound to have some strong branches and some weak ones, will u chop the tree to remove the weak branches?

Perhaps your boss/business partner should promote your subordinate to see if he or she can do a better job than u,although u are doing a fairly good job. Never mind u are doing a fair job, u are not doing a great job and u are drawing a fat pay. replace with 2 fresh grads and see if they can do a better job. Like u say, never bring them in how u know they cant do a better job than u? After all, never try never know.

Finally peace out, just frustrated again when see pple whom dont stop to count what they have, and only seems to want to count what they dont have. Singapore is for Singaporeans , but many dont behave like 1 here.

Nobody is talking about perfect democracy here which is the same that everyone agree the present one-party system is not perfect either.

But when we see the government take credit for all good things and blameless for all bad things which is not matching with realities on the ground, the system start to lose credibility.

Either you solve it at this generation or let the next few generations suffer.

So who is short term and myopic ??

If everything is long term in Singapore, where did the floods, financial crisis, cutting of COEs and cooling measures come from ?

These are all bad planning.

You should have come out to say the same thing when Singapore faced numerous recessions during 1980s, 1990s and 2009.

All government did was Singaporeans to 'bite the bullet' and 'take the medicine'. Talented solutions ?

You only selectively show the worst of other countries but never say our own Singapore Government scholars prefer to go universities in USA and UK rather than NUS , NTU, SMU.

When we still take GCEs from UK, is Singapore education really that fantastic or UK ??

If so, why need so many 3rd World foreigners with dubious degrees and diplomas ??

Singapore was already most developed among all neighbours during British time and the Japanese term Singapore 'Light of the South'

Why do you think Raffles do gave up Indonesia and just take Singapore and Malaysia when negotiating with the Dutch.

Under the British, Singapore and Hong Kong was already more advance than their neighbours.

This is because there is no four seasons, no natural disasters, good location, small size, docile population etc.

You cannot just state how bad Singapore was without stating the advantages as well. Other countries got good and bad advantages as well.

If we are still not a nation and too young, may I ask why are our leaders taking the highest salaries in the world ??

Can Singapore support such salaries without taxing more ??

It like leaders in a SME taking salaries of leaders of an MNC.

So you saying when MM Lee and old gang took power as government in the past as Opposition, they were fresh graduates and incompetent ??

Were you fresh graduate yourself before ?? Were you incompetent ??

If this is so, why do the whole world bother to go universities to be incompetent fresh graduates ??

wenqing
20-02-11, 22:16
BTW, back to the tread topic: Are you happy with the budget?

I'm glad that Garment offered good budget to the less fortunate Singaporeans except those dwelling in 3 roomers with high income! They do not deserve the much of handout! Else, I think this is excellent so far. :)

It seems MSM (ST & CNA) are trying very hard to convince Singaporeans how good and talented the Budget 2011 is.

Lots of great news, examples of happy people and families etc.

But internet wise, the feedback is not so good and different.

Similiar to Budget 2006.

You yourself only can decide what is real and what is propaganda.

The rest of 5 years from GE 2006, you decide whether you pay more and earn less.

westman
20-02-11, 22:35
It seems MSM (ST & CNA) are trying very hard to convince Singaporeans how good and talented the Budget 2011 is.

Lots of great news, examples of happy people and families etc.

But internet wise, the feedback is not so good and different.

Similiar to Budget 2006.

You yourself only can decide what is real and what is propaganda.

The rest of 5 years from GE 2006, you decide whether you pay more and earn less.

Putting the propaganda issue aside, I'm glad the less fortunate has some goodies to meet the incoming challenges from inflation. I believe Opposition would do likewise if they are on power.

Sincerely, I don't really mind incumbent to win, however some check and balance to prevent power corrupts from absolute power is necessary.

Who can be very sure PAP don't make mistakes?

wenqing
20-02-11, 22:43
Putting the propaganda issue aside, I'm glad the less fortunate has some goodies to meet the incoming challenges from inflation. I believe Opposition would do likewise if they are on power.

Sincerely, I don't really mind incumbent to win, however some check and balance to prevent power corrupts from absolute power is necessary.

Who can be very sure PAP don't make mistakes?

http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/02/17/pap-mps-who-got-into-trouble/

PAP MPs who got into trouble (http://www.temasekreview.com/2011/02/17/pap-mps-who-got-into-trouble/)

limfc
20-02-11, 23:11
wow wenqing, you write so passionately...
would you be fielding in as a GE candidate, to put your words into actions? :D
maybe you would be able to do a better job than the current gov? :rolleyes:

westman, ya its not fair, and well that's life, right? :beats-me-man:
overall budget, i'm happy for now... but not sure after GE will have to 'pay back' all the ang baos or not... hee.... :doh::D

wenqing
20-02-11, 23:56
wow wenqing, you write so passionately...
would you be fielding in as a GE candidate, to put your words into actions? :D
maybe you would be able to do a better job than the current gov? :rolleyes:

westman, ya its not fair, and well that's life, right? :beats-me-man:
overall budget, i'm happy for now... but not sure after GE will have to 'pay back' all the ang baos or not... hee.... :doh::D

I only write and show facts and news already made public and common to all knowledge.

There is no need to taunt and ask hypothetical questions with no basis.

Life is not fair is a lame excuse for planners who make mistakes or system with loopholes. Do not use it too often or it may degenerate the system further and mistakes will never be corrected.

You do not need to take part in elections as candidate to contribute to Singapore.

Voters, speechwriters, volunteers etc also contribute to Singapore.

Don't many grassroots, volunteers and union leaders get recognise each year for 'contributions to Singapore' via PAP platform on national day?

Grassroots and volunteers from Opposition areas and alternative parties are not so lucky.

Guess they are not recognised as Singaporeans.

Geylang OKT
21-02-11, 08:03
Let's keep this place to discuss property and property related issues. Anti-PAP sentiment (or pro) have no place in this forum :D

wenqing
21-02-11, 09:23
Let's keep this place to discuss property and property related issues. Anti-PAP sentiment (or pro) have no place in this forum :D

Agree.Sorry for that.

It is just harmless and healthy debates and opinions between Singaporeans.

limfc
21-02-11, 10:47

sir, yes sir! :D

to wenqing, yes, you are right... just healthy debate and some ka-chiu ka-chiu... hee... no hard feelings... :tongue3: :p

like mr OKT said, let's just focus on properties and huat-ah! :)

westman
21-02-11, 11:56
Not much of details was given over helping the poor to afford buying a HDB flat.

However, assuming more helps coming for low costs HDB, will it:

Low costs HDB demand up, thus pushing price up for mid costs HDB flats
With price up for mid costs HDB flats, will it push up High end HDB?
Assuming High end HDB up,will it improve demand for mass condo?
Assuming Mass condo up, RCR and CCR will benefited from it?

Comments?...:D :D

land118
21-02-11, 12:05
Latest BTO in Jan 2011, Yishun, from HDB website:

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/11JANBTOYS_page/$file/11JANBTOYS_about1.htm?open&ft=bto

list 2 room floor area, 45sqm at $93-115k. Website also has a affordability chart on median income, mthly instalment for 30 year loan, etc. Seem HDB keeping quantum smaller but unit also smaller - becoming MM also.

extremme
21-02-11, 12:41
Yup, we never know who is reading or not reading our threads...

Overall Im ok with the budget 2011 but it was kinda expected... except that i actually expect more to help parents with child relief etc since fertility rate is so low

mcmlxxvi
21-02-11, 12:54

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eampu01p.nsf/0/11JANBTOYS_page/$file/11JANBTOYS_about1.htm?open&ft=bto

list 2 room floor area, 45sqm at $93-115k. Website also has a affordability chart on median income, mthly instalment for 30 year loan, etc. Seem HDB keeping quantum smaller but unit also smaller - becoming MM also.

MM Rulez!!! Now we're going to the heartlands....

mcmlxxvi
21-02-11, 12:55

Error 500 double post (deleted)

mcmlxxvi
21-02-11, 12:57

Ya.... can all of you please rein in your 'political' comments a bit lest we kena the fate of TOC

Regulators
21-02-11, 13:05
all property related policies come from govt which is largely PAP, so politics still related to property :D

westman
21-02-11, 18:53
all property related policies come from govt which is largely PAP, so politics still related to property :D

.....:doh:

mcmlxxvi
21-02-11, 18:56
.....:doh:
If Regulator really the regulatory body here then we no need to fear lor...

westman
21-02-11, 19:50
If Regulator really the regulatory body here then we no need to fear lor...

hahaha... that a good one...:D :D :D

wenqing
21-02-11, 23:28

You are right though.

Cause and Effect of Singapore property come from government hands and Singaporeans happily lap it all up with 30 years debts while filling up government coffers with stamp duties, GST and property taxes etc.

All these eventually become the so call legendary 'record 14.5% GDP Growth.'

Nice.

:doh: :cheers6: :hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
21-02-11, 23:31
You are right though.

Cause and Effect of Singapore property come from government hands and Singaporeans happily lap it all up with 30 years debts while filling up government coffers with stamp duties, GST and property taxes etc.

All these eventually become the so call legendary 'record 14.5% GDP Growth.'

Nice.

:doh: :cheers6: :hell-hath-no-fury:

actually sm1 mentioned tat ppty prices jus on par with inflation figures for the past few decades rite? so ppty is just a form of wealth preservation....nothing fantastic:beats-me-man:

imagine ppty prices lag far behind inflation....den smthing is really wrong.....:eek:

wenqing
21-02-11, 23:37

Sorry but I need to correct this.

Like you say it is national resources, not PAP resources.

When national resources are use to benefit only one political party, don't you think it is abuse of the system and a cause of worry for our generations to come ?

e.g. This is how communist parties and Nazi party behaved in the past.

Nobody is asking PAP to help Opposition but neither should they abuse the system to benefit themselves.

It is time PAP pay their own bills to fund the NTUCs, GLCs, Unions, Grassroots, SINDAs, Mendaki, CDAC, CDC, RCs, CCCs etc

devilplate
21-02-11, 23:41
aiyo....y start again????:doh: :doh: :doh:

pls go smwhr else and complain ok....?:mad:

wenqing
21-02-11, 23:44
actually sm1 mentioned tat ppty prices jus on par with inflation figures for the past few decades rite? so ppty is just a form of wealth preservation....nothing fantastic:beats-me-man:

imagine ppty prices lag far behind inflation....den smthing is really wrong.....:eek:

I cannot confirm your statement.

But property prices is a big culprit in fuelling inflation and today's inflation.

It is scary but even more scary that it is caused by government's deliberate policies the past 5 years.

The rush to increase supply and implement 4 cooling measures (a 5th one on the way) is screwing up alot of investors plans.

I do not mind increase in property prices but it must be slow and steady whereby people can swallow any changes.

Now you have a great rise and a super big pail of water to bring it down which make people hard to swallow changes. Too many extremes.

If you have kids, this great rise will affect your children and one day when your children ask for help to buy their 1st property, you will realise whatever you earn today will be lost by the next generation.

You have come a full cycle by then.

wenqing
21-02-11, 23:46
aiyo....y start again????:doh: :doh: :doh:

pls go smwhr else and complain ok....?:mad:

Haha, luckily this is Miscellanous column, not property column.

Anyway, I want to suggest to open up a Developers column since we have a variety of developers these days.

Fish the bad ones from good ones out.

What do you think?

devilplate
21-02-11, 23:55
Haha, luckily this is Miscellanous column, not property column.

Anyway, I want to suggest to open up a Developers column since we have a variety of developers these days.

Fish the bad ones from good ones out.

What do you think?

sm1 provided a long list of main con which he advise us to avoid.....no nid to buy ppty oredi....lol

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:01
sm1 provided a long list of main con which he advise us to avoid.....no nid to buy ppty oredi....lol

I think there is no less than 30 developers in Singapore alone.

We should share news about them and their performances.

It will help people save alot of trouble and money and let developers know consumers are watching them.

Any poor developers will instantly let internet community drown them out of the market.

It will help keep developers on their toes.

Especially after 'reputable' developer like CDL also have crap projects like Emery Point Scandal.

I rather not buy than go through all the checking, complaints, class action and litigations. Too much trouble.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_632377.html

Emery Point defects: CDL and others sued

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:02
I cannot confirm your statement.

But property prices is a big culprit in fuelling inflation and today's inflation.

It is scary but even more scary that it is caused by government's deliberate policies the past 5 years.

The rush to increase supply and implement 4 cooling measures (a 5th one on the way) is screwing up alot of investors plans.

I do not mind increase in property prices but it must be slow and steady whereby people can swallow any changes.

Now you have a great rise and a super big pail of water to bring it down which make people hard to swallow changes. Too many extremes.

If you have kids, this great rise will affect your children and one day when your children ask for help to buy their 1st property, you will realise whatever you earn today will be lost by the next generation.

You have come a full cycle by then.

ppty prices governed by greed and fear......

u shd spread the 'care and share' to every1.....den there will be no ppty bubble/hike oredi....

during bull run
buyer: seller pls sell me at market value ok? y there is a COV in the first place?? y sell above bank valuations! inflation only 3-5%....its only fair for me to pay at 'inflation rate'? care and share la.....dun like dat leh...i nid a roof wor....

during recession
seller: buyer pls buy my ppty at the market price ok?? y so many low ballers?? GDP only -(3-5%0 wat....y slash down my prices by 20-40%% .....care and share mah rite? dun like dat la

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:06
ppty prices governed by greed and fear......

u shd spread the 'care and share' to every1.....den there will be no ppty bubble/hike oredi....

during bull run
buyer: seller pls sell me at market value ok? y there is a COV in the first place?? y sell above bank valuations! inflation only 3-5%....its only fair for me to pay at 'inflation rate'? care and share la.....dun like dat leh...i nid a roof wor....

during recession
seller: buyer pls buy my ppty at the market price ok?? y so many low ballers?? GDP only -(3-5%0 wat....y slash down my prices by 20-40%% .....care and share mah rite? dun like dat la

Demand and Supply are still main factors.

Recession, people also afraid to buy as their jobs may not hold.

It is easier to use government policies to control bull run than recession.

The present cooling measures are too extreme and sudden.

The government should have done its homework before recession when things are more steady but they lost the chance to moderate the property market then.

Now rushing supply and introduce cooling measures is too late and too much to swallow.

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:08
I think there is no less than 30 developers in Singapore alone.

We should share news about them and their performances.

It will help people save alot of trouble and money and let developers know consumers are watching them.

Any poor developers will instantly let internet community drown them out of the market.

It will help keep developers on their toes.

Especially after 'reputable' developer like CDL also have crap projects like Emery Point Scandal.

I rather not buy than go through all the checking, complaints, class action and litigations. Too much trouble.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_632377.html

Emery Point defects: CDL and others sued

read with a pinch of salt lor....i only believe in my own eyes:D

jus like ppl saying FEO vy bad quality....but for me, they r one of the best nowadays ....

bmw/benz/audi....all got drivers complaining abt them on the net.....so? we all shdnt buy those brands? lol

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:12
Demand and Supply are still main factors.

Recession, people also afraid to buy as their jobs may not hold.

It is easier to use government policies to control bull run than recession.

The present cooling measures are too extreme and sudden.

The government should have done its homework before recession when things are more steady but they lost the chance to moderate the property market then.

Now rushing supply and introduce cooling measures is too late and too much to swallow.

china, HK aso the same....u r making a sweeping statement! hehe

US/Europe govt also CMI? y handle until their own economy so jialat? nvr do homework also?

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:27
china, HK aso the same....u r making a sweeping statement! hehe

US/Europe govt also CMI? y handle until their own economy so jialat? nvr do homework also?

Well, I do not really care what is happening in other countries.

I am only interested in what is happening in Singapore and whether the present government got solutions for the problems.

If other countries screw up does not mean it is an excuse Singapore can screw up too.

When the Ministers ask for the highest pay in the world by 5 times, their tone was much different.

:cheers1: :cheers1:

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:29

I am only interested in what is happening in Singapore and whether the present government got solutions for the problems.

If other countries screw up does not mean it is an excuse Singapore can screw up too.

When the Ministers ask for the highest pay in the world by 5 times, their tone was much different.

but u aso like to compare SG with other countries leh.....see....u r comparing pay with other countries oredi....how to make a fair comprison if u dun care and not familiar wats gg on overseas?

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:29
read with a pinch of salt lor....i only believe in my own eyes:D

jus like ppl saying FEO vy bad quality....but for me, they r one of the best nowadays ....

bmw/benz/audi....all got drivers complaining abt them on the net.....so? we all shdnt buy those brands? lol

I think it will be useful to open a Developers Column to share information about them.

In forums, anyone can say anything, the burden is on the readers to believe or not and not on the writer.

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:31
everyone only tink for themselves?

there is no perfect system/country unless everybody care and share

dun expect to have equality/fair system when greed and fear prevails

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:32
but u aso like to compare SG with other countries leh.....see....u r comparing pay with other countries oredi....how to make a fair comprison if u dun care and not familiar wats gg on overseas?

We only compare to learn and better ourselves, not to find excuses for ourselves.

It will be taking an easy way out.

If you want to compare to learn how to be worse, it is your choice.

:) :) :doh:

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:34
I think it will be useful to open a Developers Column to share information about them.

In forums, anyone can say anything, the burden is on the readers to believe or not and not on the writer.

u oredi say forum...ppl can say anything they like....den how useful can it be?:confused:

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:36
u oredi say forum...ppl can say anything they like....den how useful can it be?:confused:

That why the burden is on the readers to discern propaganda from facts.

It applies to all things readable, not just forum.

I usually find more than a source for the same topic.

It could be more than one forum or blog.

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:37
We only compare to learn and better ourselves, not to find excuses for ourselves.

It will be taking an easy way out.

If you want to compare to learn how to be worse, it is your choice.

:) :) :doh:

u r contradicting urself...y u say u dun care wats going on with other countries jus now? u say u dun care....aso i assume u noe nuts about foreign countries? hmmm....:p .....ok la...twist and turn....find faults....u seems so unhappy....poor u....rest and relax ok? SMILE:cheers6:

singkas really love to complain hor:D :ashamed1:

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:42
That why the burden is on the readers to discern propaganda from facts.

It applies to all things readable, not just forum.

I usually find more than a source for the same topic.

It could be more than one forum or blog.

mabe u jus gather all the links relating to developers problems etc lor....tat will be helpful.....just try not to add in ur own emotions and opinions? if not sure ended up a complaints section...:doh: :p

Regulators
22-02-11, 00:43
If we dare to call ourselves a first world developed country with democracy, then we need a first world political system whereby proper checks and balance should be in place. I can't believe there are people in this forum thinking that checks and balance is not necessary as they think the present govt knows what they are doing. What then is the purpose of having a westminster style of government and a parliament? might as well do away with parliament and have just a king to order things to be done. :doh:

everyone only tink for themselves?

there is no perfect system/country unless everybody care and share

dun expect to have equality/fair system when greed and fear prevails

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:45
u r contradicting urself...y u say u dun care wats going on with other countries jus now? u say u dun care....aso i assume u noe nuts about foreign countries? hmmm....:p .....ok la...twist and turn....find faults....u seems so unhappy....poor u....rest and relax ok? SMILE:cheers6:

singkas really love to complain hor:D :ashamed1:

Rest assure I know enough about other countries to know that Singapore is not as perfect as created by ST and CNA.

If you treat facts and criticisms and dismissed it as mere complaints, you are indeed in an ivory tower and living in your own fantasies.

wenqing
22-02-11, 00:47
mabe u jus gather all the links relating to developers problems etc lor....tat will be helpful.....just try not to add in ur own emotions and opinions? if not sure ended up a complaints section...:doh: :p

Haha, not all criticisms are complaints especially if it reflects true situations like TOP nightmare.

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:52
If we dare to call ourselves a first world developed country with democracy, then we need a first world political system whereby proper checks and balance should be in place. I can't believe there are people in this forum thinking that checks and balance is not necessary as they think the present govt knows what they are doing. What then is the purpose of having a westminster style of government and a parliament? might as well do away with parliament and have just a king to order things to be done. :doh:

tats interesting liao....i nvr into politics....we can only read so much from media.....cannot see with our own eyes....however, 16% SSD is really too....hehe

recently, i enjoy myself at marina bay sands....cannot wait to see the full transformation:spliff: ....

btw, any other country considered themselves as 1st world other den SG?

or rather which countries r having 1st world status?

devilplate
22-02-11, 00:57
Haha, not all criticisms are complaints especially if it reflects true situations like TOP nightmare.

if u believe in lemon cars.....i tink there r lemon ppty too...LOL

i still remember i receive TOP keys for my very first ppty....i make so much noise....complainX3.....long long list of defects.....complainX3!! haha....after tat, my next one....i realise...ooo....similar defects/problems....3rd one.....beginning to take it easy oredi.....write the long long list of defects with a SMILE....hehe

same for cars....own my first conti brand new car....complainX3!!!! pay so much more den jap/kor car and yet not a perfect car!!! .....aiya....we nid to lower down our expectations.....if not DIE FASTER....i been thru all these.....:ashamed1: :o

devilplate
22-02-11, 01:00
Rest assure I know enough about other countries to know that Singapore is not as perfect as created by ST and CNA.

If you treat facts and criticisms and dismissed it as mere complaints, you are indeed in an ivory tower and living in your own fantasies.

u twist and turn again.....:doh:

devilplate
22-02-11, 01:04
gd nite wen and regu....reporting to zzz monster liao....:cheers6: :sleep:

wenqing
22-02-11, 08:50
u twist and turn again.....:doh:

Please be specific which part is twist and turn.

You prefer to ignore facts and when cannot debate back, you call people twist and turn. Your art of self comforting is high.

Please see yourself the amount of Public Debt and External Debt Singapore have.

Yes, we also have debt fyi and top 10 countries in Public Debt.

Who will help pay? Next few generations of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_public_debt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_debt

wenqing
22-02-11, 08:53
if u believe in lemon cars.....i tink there r lemon ppty too...LOL

i still remember i receive TOP keys for my very first ppty....i make so much noise....complainX3.....long long list of defects.....complainX3!! haha....after tat, my next one....i realise...ooo....similar defects/problems....3rd one.....beginning to take it easy oredi.....write the long long list of defects with a SMILE....hehe

same for cars....own my first conti brand new car....complainX3!!!! pay so much more den jap/kor car and yet not a perfect car!!! .....aiya....we nid to lower down our expectations.....if not DIE FASTER....i been thru all these.....:ashamed1: :o

Haha, then it is your own personality not to pursue what you paid for.

You cannot apply this to everyone.

You should tell this to the Ministers to lower their expectations when entering politics from another industry.

:ashamed1: :ashamed1:

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:00
Haha, then it is your own personality not to pursue what you paid for.

You cannot apply this to everyone.

You should tell this to the Ministers to lower their expectations when entering politics from another industry.

:ashamed1: :ashamed1:

i am telling u especially to lower down ur expectations.....if u really so concern about politics...u shdnt restrict urself to the net.....i only see a frustrated guy making complaints on the net.....NATO? hehe

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:01
Please be specific which part is twist and turn.

You prefer to ignore facts and when cannot debate back, you call people twist and turn. Your art of self comforting is high.

Please see yourself the amount of Public Debt and External Debt Singapore have.

Yes, we also have debt fyi and top 10 countries in Public Debt.

Who will help pay? Next few generations of course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sovereign_states_by_public_debt

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_debt

u say u dun care wat happening overseas....next min u say u familiar ....is this not twist and turn?

wenqing
22-02-11, 09:12
i am telling u especially to lower down ur expectations.....if u really so concern about politics...u shdnt restrict urself to the net.....i only see a frustrated guy making complaints on the net.....NATO? hehe

Again, which part are complaints instead of making general remarks.

I only stated facts and news already made public before.

I find you tend to dismiss any news and facts unfavourable towards government as mere complaints.

Maybe you are indeed living in an ivory tower or you still living in 1960s ??

I do not find anything wrong to talk about politics especially our lives are affected by it. Politics is not just restricted to politicians or government.

The most successful and wealthiest people in the world at least are politically aware about their surroundings and not frog in the well.

hopeful
22-02-11, 09:15
knowing and caring are two different things.

For example.
I know about rioting in Egypt, but I dont care.
Oops, I was lying. I do care about rioting in Middleeast, it makes gold and silver price up.
The more the riots, the better for gold (and oil) prices.
The more the suppression in Libya, the better for gold (and oil) prices.

So Wenqing knows, but don't care is correct statement.

wenqing
22-02-11, 09:19
u say u dun care wat happening overseas....next min u say u familiar ....is this not twist and turn?

I think you are the one twisting and turning and being lame here.

Selective comparision is something the government is good at, you are also quite good.

I already explained that we compare to learn and better ourselves, not to demean and find excuses for our failures.

You claim countries screw up so Singapore can screw up too.

I disagree that for such cases, no point comparing as it is meaningless to find excuses for our failures.

This is the same in any workplace. You only care about problems in your own environment and not elsewhere.

When the government compare their achievements, do they find countries that achieve better than them or frequently compare to 3rd world countries ??

When they raise Minister pay, was their tone "I can screw up because other countries screw up too" ??

amk
22-02-11, 09:19
my passionate friend, why I get the feeling you are deeply annoyed by MBT because it hurts you directly ? are you one of the "investors" here ? :cool:

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:22
Again, which part are complaints instead of makign general remarks.

I only stated facts and news already made public before.

I find you tend to dismiss any news and facts unfavourable towards government as mere complaints.

Maybe you are indeed living in an ivory tower or you still living in 1960s ??

I do not find anything wrong to talk about politics especially our lives are affected by it. Politics is not just restricted to politicians or government.

The most successful and wealthiest people in the world at least are politically aware about their surroundings and not frog in the well.

tats my opinion about u.....i see a vy frustrated guy here.... u overdo it in this forum oredi.....

jus tok and no action ....i see it as complaints......nothing wrong to tok about political issues of coz...but dun over la....this is a forum for ppty enthu lor....not political enthu

wenqing
22-02-11, 09:23
my passionate friend, why I get the feeling you are deeply annoyed by MBT because it hurts you directly ? are you one of the "investors" here ? :cool:

Lol nope.

I am just speaking for the thousands who have get heart attack for such steep and extreme roller coaster rides due to bad planning and last minute decisions.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:23
I think you are the one twisting and turning and being lame here.

Selective comparision is something the government is good at, you are also quite good.

I already explained that we compare to learn and better ourselves, not to demean and find excuses for our failures.

You claim countries screw up so Singapore can screw up too.

I disagree that for such cases, no point comparing as it is meaningless to find excuses for our failures.

This is the same in any workplace. You only care about problems in your own environment and not elsewhere.

When the government compare their achievements, do they find countries that achieve better than them or frequently compare to 3rd world countries ??

When they raise Minister pay, was their tone "I can screw up because other countries screw up too" ??

u r now twisting my words....OMG:scared-1:

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:24
Lol nope.

I am just speaking for the thousands who have get heart attack for such steep and extreme roller coaster rides due to bad planning and last minute decisions.

aiya....got aso can say no mah...:p

tok until like so noble....speaking for thousands of ppl sia....

wenqing
22-02-11, 09:26
tats my opinion about u.....i see a vy frustrated guy here.... u overdo it in this forum oredi.....

jus tok and no action ....i see it as complaints......nothing wrong to tok about political issues of coz...but dun over la....this is a forum for ppty enthu lor....not political enthu

Which part is fustrated and if so, is fustration a negative thing ??

I observe you tend to generalise and assume things.

You do that everyday at home and workplace ??

What action you mean ??

Join elections?? If that is so, you are really shallow.

Discuss Politics = Join elections. I never heard of such equation.

I am satisfied in my role as voter. That is my contribution.

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:27
Which part is fustrated and if so, is fustration a negative thing ??

I observe you tend to generalise and assume things.

You do that everyday at home and workplace ??

What action you mean ??

Join elections?? If that is so, you are really shallow.

I am satisfied in my role as voter. That is my contribution.

u aso assume wat....slapping urself?:p

wenqing
22-02-11, 09:30
u aso assume wat....slapping urself?:p

Lol.

I use question marks and 'if'.

Unlike you, you making statements and jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, nice bantering with you.

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:34
Lol.

I use question marks and 'if'.

Unlike you, you making statements and jumping to conclusions.

Anyway, nice bantering with you.

ooo...tell me more?:D ;)

amk
22-02-11, 09:48
Lol nope.

wow what a noble man :cool:

shall I invite you to raffles place and burn yourself, so all your words can be heard clear and loud ? ;)

Let's have a better avenue for your passion. talking anonymously behind a keyboard and acting as if "I'm going to save you all" is just lame.

hopeful
22-02-11, 09:56

shall I invite you to raffles place and burn yourself, so all your words can be heard clear and loud ? ;)

Let's have a better avenue for your passion. talking anonymously behind a keyboard and acting as if "I'm going to save you all" is just lame.
wah amk, now you are the second fellow to encourage wenqing to light himself up, so that he can en"light"en the rest of the populace. "Lit" by example.
sorry for the bad puns

devilplate
22-02-11, 09:59
wah amk, now you are the second fellow to encourage wenqing to light himself up, so that he can en"light"en the rest of the populace. "Lit" by example.
sorry for the bad puns

wenqing will only vote for opposition...tats it lor....hehe....tok until like can win noble prize oredi but only contribute to a vote?

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:01

Sorry, maybe I phrase it wrongly and you thought I am some hero or something.

I am not so noble and did not mean to save "all". I am just stating facts that had happened and already made public news.

This is an internet forum, if do not use keyboard, what do you use ?

Why should anyone who make remarks in internet forums go Raffles Place ?

Since when going Raffles Place is a "better avenue", not "lame" and can justify better ?

If all internet forumers need to go Raffles Place, then why need internet forums for what ?

Since when anonymous is less factual than real names ?

Examples like leaders at NKF and RENCI all are well known and respected but in the end we all know how 'true' they were. The same applies to swindling cases.

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:06
wenqing will only vote for opposition...tats it lor....hehe....tok until like can win noble prize oredi but only contribute to a vote?

:sleep: :sleep:

Jumping to conclusions again.

No need to make sarcastic remarks just because I spoke some 'Hard Truths' mah.

:D :D :D

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:08
:sleep: :sleep:

Jumping to conclusions again.

No need to make sarcastic remarks just because I spoke some 'Hard Truths' mah.

"Join elections?? If that is so, you are really shallow.

I am satisfied in my role as voter. That is my contribution."

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:14
"Join elections?? If that is so, you are really shallow.

I am satisfied in my role as voter. That is my contribution."

Guess you are quite shallow indeed.

When you assume I only vote for Opposition, you are jumping to conclusions.

The number of times I voted for PAP and its old guard (all retired or passed away already), I think you are not born yet.

:p :p :p

Geylang OKT
22-02-11, 10:17
Peace Be To All :D

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:20
Guess you are quite shallow indeed.

When you assume I only vote for Opposition, you are jumping to conclusions.

The number of times I voted for PAP and its old guard (all retired or passed away already), I think you are not born yet.

:p :p :p

i assume u will vote for opp this coming election leh...:beats-me-man:
u mean coming election u will vote for PAP?:confused:

ay123
22-02-11, 10:24

the biggest "sour grape" that the opposition have for decades is ministers' pay. since years opposition only use this to attack. is very simple, if u have the quality, any company/country will willingly pay u million if u can bring in millions. if u do have nothing just :banghead: and not complaining
why dont u ask the opposition to donate their monthly allowance of > $10k per month if they want to serve ppl? u keep saying becos ppl do not give the opposition a chance to put up a good show. the opposition has to prove to the ppl with ACTION and not with their big mouth. is the same as buying property. if a cannot make it project is selling super high and the seller keep telling u "trust me the price will appreciate". will u take risk and bite?? if u do, i salute U

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:26
i assume u will vote for opp this coming election leh...:beats-me-man:
u mean coming election u will vote for PAP?:confused:

Yep, you yourself say you assuming.

It is a bad habit to always assume things and jump to conclusions.

Vote is secret per individual my friend especially future voting pattern.

How I vote should not affect how you vote.

Just vote for what you went through last 5 years and think what is right for Singapore next 5 years.

To each on its own reasons, no right or wrong.

http://geraldgiam.sg/2010/09/your-vote-is-secret/

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:27
Peace Be To All :D

Yep, peace be it all.

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:30
Yep, you yourself say you assuming.

It is a bad habit to always assume things and jump to conclusions.

Vote is secret per individual my friend especially future voting pattern.

How I vote should not affect how you vote.

Just vote for what you went through last 5 years and think what is right for Singapore next 5 years.

To each on its own reasons, no right or wrong.

http://geraldgiam.sg/2010/09/your-vote-is-secret/

wah....scary sia......tok bad about PAP and possibly vote for PAP....vice versa.....hidden agendas:scared-1:

later say, burden lies on reader and not the writer again!:scared-1:

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:32
the biggest "sour grape" that the opposition have for decades is ministers' pay. since years opposition only use this to attack. is very simple, if u have the quality, any company/country will willingly pay u million if u can bring in millions. if u do have nothing just :banghead: and not complaining
why dont u ask the opposition to donate their monthly allowance of > $10k per month if they want to serve ppl? u keep saying becos ppl do not give the opposition a chance to put up a good show. the opposition has to prove to the ppl with ACTION and not with their big mouth. is the same as buying property. if a cannot make it project is selling super high and the seller keep telling u "trust me the price will appreciate". will u take risk and bite?? if u do, i salute U

I think you are still very young. Get your information right first.

The Minister Pay Increment to be highest paid in the world only happened in 2007, not decades ago.

Decades ago, the government is still quite humble but not really so for the new batches.

The government's main job is to govern well and not to "bring in money".

Government is not a sales department and not a profiteering oriented organisation.

The revenue is quite fixed unless it wants to add more burden to the people.

Budget surpluses is not a must each year as it does not depend on sales like companies do.

Before ranting, please get your facts right.

ay123
22-02-11, 10:32
he is a loser......so complain lor. wat else is he capable of????? a poor failure sitting in front of his old computer and complain and complain.....pity him. must be hurt deeply by PAP :cheers1: (the cheer is for PAP not the failure) haha

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:34

i learn from wenqing:

burden lies on the reader and not the writer....sames goes to ppty....burden lies on the buyer and not the agts/sellers

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:35
he is a loser......so complain lor. wat else is he capable of????? a poor failure sitting in front of his old computer and complain and complain.....pity him. must be hurt deeply by PAP :cheers1: (the cheer is for PAP not the failure) haha

Making childish sarcastic remarks and jumping to conclusions without basis is all you can do?

ay123
22-02-11, 10:35

u must be in forbe list? since u are sooooo well informed in world politics?

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:36

The Minister Pay Increment to be highest paid in the world only happened in 2007, not decades ago.

Decades ago, the government is still quite humble but not really so for the new batches.

Government is not a sales department and not a profiteering oriented organisation.

Budget surpluses is not a must each year as it does not depend on sales like companies do.

u sounds like an oldman refusing to adapt and change.....

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:37
i learn from wenqing:

burden lies on the reader and not the writer....sames goes to ppty....burden lies on the buyer and not the agts/sellers

Yep, writer can write anything and seller can sell anything.

Burden lies on readers whether they want to read and accept what they read and buyer want to buy and accept what they bought.

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:39
Yep, writer can write anything and seller can sell anything.

Burden lies on readers whether they want to read and accept what they read and buyer want to buy and accept what they bought.

how about misrepresentation?

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:39
u sounds like an oldman refusing to adapt and change.....

Haha, who is the one not changing their mindset from the old days.

Nothing good last forever especially dynasties.

Even Bill Gates said Microsoft will not last a forever.

;) ;) ;)

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:42

;) ;) ;)

wah liu....power....anymore to tell?:D

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:51
how about misrepresentation?

I already answered you.

The reader and buyer themselves decides whether it is misrepresentation or not.

Burden of judgement call can only rest on yourself and not on media, friends, gossips etc.

Nobody can help them decide.

ay123
22-02-11, 10:52

wow old man......u should be enjoying yr retirement liao since u have gone thru so many voting. want to fight to the last breath? dynasty time is over......:D

ay123
22-02-11, 10:54

;) ;) ;)

u are right. PAP will not be forever too.....but that will only happen when the opposition become stronger....but for now...opposition.....emm....emm...:beats-me-man:

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:55
wow old man......u should be enjoying yr retirement liao since u have gone thru so many voting. want to fight to the last breath? dynasty time is over......:D

Hahah.

Are you referring to MM Lee ?

Thank you for reminding me to vote wisely this election.

devilplate
22-02-11, 10:59
possible scenerio"

many feels tat govt shd hf more opposition party to balance abit....(including myself).....but however on the other hand, not many wish to have their estate run by opposition.....many ppty owners in fact r hoping for the white guys to take over potong pasir....haha

just be mindful of wat wenqing says....lots of hidden agendas and every man for himself:D

wenqing
22-02-11, 10:59
u are right. PAP will not be forever too.....but that will only happen when the opposition become stronger....but for now...opposition.....emm....emm...:beats-me-man:

Whether Opposition is strong or weak is up to perception and individual.

You must have your own reasons to think Opposition is weak.

You are neither right or wrong.

Neither are those wrong who think Opposition should be help to strengthen by giving them votes.

Similiar to my reason when I voted PAP when they were weak Opposition.

wenqing
22-02-11, 11:04
possible scenerio"

many feels tat govt shd hf more opposition party to balance abit....(including myself).....but however on the other hand, not many wish to have their estate run by opposition.....many ppty owners in fact r hoping for the white guys to take over potong pasir....haha

just be mindful of wat wenqing says....lots of hidden agendas and every man for himself:D

Agree.

Every political party including the one in power (could be any party) has its own hidden agenda but who doesn't have own agendas in this world ?

Again, burden lies with voters themselves who accept or reject each hidden agendas.

Parties can say and promise anything they want but up to voters to believe them.

This is what people call elections.

Agents can say anything they want to sell the property but up to buyers to believe.

I got agents who told me previous owner spent $100,000 on renovations hence the steep price but I know most the 'renovations' agent pointed out is direct original from developer.

:cheers3: :D :cheers1: :2cents: :2cents:

Regulators
22-02-11, 11:18
There is nothing wrong with voicing one's political opinions and say things about the government as everyone is effectively a political being unless you are denying yourself of that political freedom and right (aka self denial). I notice a lot of people in this forum apart from wenqing in a self denial state simply bcoz they are contented being where they are or they feel that having an opposing voice would be counterproductive to their current lives and investments. are these people saying saying our present political system is so perfect that it is not necessary to fine tune?

devilplate
22-02-11, 11:20
There is nothing wrong with voicing one's political opinions and say things about the government as everyone is effectively a political being unless you are denying yourself of that political freedom and right (aka self denial). I notice a lot of people in this forum apart from wenqing in a self denial state simply bcoz they are contented being where they are or they feel that having an opposing voice would be counterproductive to their current lives and investments. are these people saying saying our present political system is so perfect that it is not necessary to fine tune?

for me, i am more like bochup....oredi learn to adapt and change with the flow....dunwan to go against the tide anymore....:ashamed1: :D :cheers6:

like army days rite? act blur/wayang....easier life.....army trains me well?? lol:D :cheers6:

Regulators
22-02-11, 12:21
Wait till you grow old one day and realise medical bills become a mountain, cpf minimum sum increase to $1 million and taxes go up two fold etc and there is no avenue to redress this coz government has the impression that many people like you bo chup, by then even if you want fight to change the system, you will be too old and lack the energy to do that. :doh:

for me, i am more like bochup....oredi learn to adapt and change with the flow....dunwan to go against the tide anymore....:ashamed1: :D :cheers6:

like army days rite? act blur/wayang....easier life.....army trains me well?? lol:D :cheers6:

hopeful
22-02-11, 12:50
Wait till you grow old one day and realise medical bills become a mountain, cpf minimum sum increase to $1 million and taxes go up two fold etc and there is no avenue to redress this coz government has the impression that many people like you bo chup, by then even if you want fight to change the system, you will be too old and lack the energy to do that. :doh:
migrate away from singapore? and dont ever come back once take out all the CPF

focus
22-02-11, 13:03

Ya.. I also beginning to bochup. A lot of the living costs issues and employment issues or medical costs does not concern me. But I also feel govt is not doing enough to help singaporeans in all the issues above.

However, when i sometimes put forth these topics to colleagues,friends or relatives... a lot of them will repeat what the pap says... Sometimes you have to give it to this people... they are affected but they still think it's ok.

So, now, I also sit contently watching .. it's not my battle .. why i want to be in the front and get shot...

extremme
22-02-11, 13:12
peace, peace... let's not have a similiar CCR, OCR debate or regent heights debate here aka regulators, teddy etc style

Let's stick to property stuff n not into political arena

Regulators
22-02-11, 13:28
It is a healthy and peaceful discussion
peace, peace... let's not have a similiar CCR, OCR debate or regent heights debate here aka regulators, teddy etc style

Geylang OKT
22-02-11, 21:19

*Clap* *Clap*

Very well said my friend! :D :D :D

DaytonaSS
23-02-11, 21:16
by posting here is grumbling only lah. nothing better to do, so write some 2 cents worth lor. Talking n doing i know is world's apart. In theory can lah, but alot of things in life when doing is world's apart.

Anyone unhappy n one to improve or redress their unhappiness or show how old school they are can always start by go to speaker's corner n put their words into action.

Some day PAP maybe not ard liao, but i know its not this election. I dont see any opposition doing anything to even earn its due.

Back to property discussion. How many bros here actually feel the cooling measures are a good thing? Messing with Private housing instead of controlling/cooling HDB?

azeoprop
23-02-11, 21:35
As long as the cooling measures are not mixed with some financial crisis like in 97 can liaoz .... :scared-3:

They are supposed to maintain prices and not crash the market, which as of now seems to work fine.