PDA

View Full Version : Landed property near Simei MRT

Santro
16-02-11, 11:52
I am looking at freehold landed property around Simei MRT primarily the Harvey and Sunbird estates.
I quite like Harvey and Jln Angin Laut but main concern is the train noise.
Heard that there are a few landed near Bedok MRT as well.
Does anyone have any views on these estates.
Thanks

blackpepperj
16-02-11, 13:06
I am looking at freehold landed property around Simei MRT primarily the Harvey and Sunbird estates.
I quite like Harvey and Jln Angin Laut but main concern is the train noise.
Heard that there are a few landed near Bedok MRT as well.
Does anyone have any views on these estates.
Thanks

Both Harvey and Sunbird estates are nice. You may want to recce and hear for yourself because different people have different tolerence for noise. IMO, both areas are generally quiet and peaceful.

Landed houses near Bedok MRT will be Opera Estate.

There is also a nice estate at Bedok Rise/Terrace and Jalan Limau which is within 5-10mins walk to Tanah Merah MRT. Happy searching.

Santro
16-02-11, 21:22
Thanks Bro. Yes have to recce the area. Noticed that the landed around Harvey and Sunbird is on high land. Very nice and peaceful surrounding.
The price seems to have shot up. Some semi-d asking over 1k psf.

Opera estate seems to be nearer to the factories side. Hunting for a decent corner terrace or semi-d.
Cheers!!

Both Harvey and Sunbird estates are nice. You may want to recce and hear for yourself because different people have different tolerence for noise. IMO, both areas are generally quiet and peaceful.

Landed houses near Bedok MRT will be Opera Estate.

There is also a nice estate at Bedok Rise/Terrace and Jalan Limau which is within 5-10mins walk to Tanah Merah MRT. Happy searching.

romeo
16-02-11, 22:01
sunbird quite old.. abit too near to mrt

Santro
17-02-11, 05:54
Is the neighbourhood good. I heard that some landed properties in areas like Kovan are used for housing foreign workers.

sunbird quite old.. abit too near to mrt

devilplate
17-02-11, 07:28
Is the neighbourhood good. I heard that some landed properties in areas like Kovan are used for housing foreign workers.
Seems good but hardly avail for sale.... Further away towards expo easier to find but no more mrt.... Hehe

DC33_2008
17-02-11, 08:20
You have not bought your landed property? For investment, good to choose those that are at the borderline in terms of price between landed and condo in the same area. Good market for upgraders of condos.
Seems good but hardly avail for sale.... Further away towards expo easier to find but no more mrt.... Hehe

Santro
18-02-11, 08:26
What do you mean by borderline. The price psf for landed and condo is about the same? From what I see, usually landed psf price is lower than condo price psf in the same area.

You have not bought your landed property? For investment, good to choose those that are at the borderline in terms of price between landed and condo in the same area. Good market for upgraders of condos.

devilplate
18-02-11, 08:36
What do you mean by borderline. The price psf for landed and condo is about the same? From what I see, usually landed psf price is lower than condo price psf in the same area.

mabe he meant total quantum? den only can bio small inter terrace

land118
18-02-11, 08:46
Is the neighbourhood good. I heard that some landed properties in areas like Kovan are used for housing foreign workers. Just my 2cts worth, :2cents: :2cents: , if you want to buy landed, buy in an estate with good reputation where it is an estate of landed properties, not some 1-2 rows of landed properties on some street/road where people can't identify easily. Also, most people who buy landed do own a car and normally like to be in a quiet estate, not smack in the middle of HDB estate, etc. If you ask me, Kovan doesn't is not known for its landed...unlike Opera Estate, Siglap, Serangoon Gardens, just to name a few...

devilplate
18-02-11, 08:51
Just my 2cts worth, :2cents: :2cents: , if you want to buy landed, buy in an estate with good reputation where it is an estate of landed properties, not some 1-2 rows of landed properties on some street/road where people can't identify easily. Also, most people who buy landed do own a car and normally like to be in a quiet estate, not smack in the middle of HDB estate, etc. If you ask me, Kovan doesn't is not known for its landed...unlike Opera Estate, Siglap, Serangoon Gardens, just to name a few...

yo...i aso tink MRT is not impt for landed....it cud be a minus point for them....gd schools r impt rite? hehe

land118
18-02-11, 09:19
yo...i aso tink MRT is not impt for landed....it cud be a minus point for them....gd schools r impt rite? hehe Yes, you are right. I feel that if one have to sacrifice , then GOOD school is quite KEY esp if one need to consider school going kids that they have. Most would rather be tucked away further from main roads and MRT. if need to be near good school, then even near main road or MRT also can.

Santro
18-02-11, 09:54
I agree on your comments. Was basically looking at some locations where my family doesnt need to depend on me all the time for driving out or fetching them back.
Serangoon garden and Opera Estate seems to be a better option than Simei in that sense.

Yes, you are right. I feel that if one have to sacrifice , then GOOD school is quite KEY esp if one need to consider school going kids that they have. Most would rather be tucked away further from main roads and MRT. if need to be near good school, then even near main road or MRT also can.

devilplate
18-02-11, 10:06
I agree on your comments. Was basically looking at some locations where my family doesnt need to depend on me all the time for driving out or fetching them back.
Serangoon garden and Opera Estate seems to be a better option than Simei in that sense.

prepare to buy a 2nd car if u stay in landed:D

Santro
18-02-11, 12:39
:) and bicycle for my kids. hahaha

prepare to buy a 2nd car if u stay in landed:D

wind30
18-02-11, 21:03
:) and bicycle for my kids. hahaha

that is why I view access to public transport critical for my choice in landed.

I don't really want my kid to ride bicycle on singapore roads and I don't want to fetch her EVERYTIME she wants to go out.

My place is around 400m to bus stop and 1km to mrt.

It is more impt to be near public transport than good school. Primary school got school bus. Secondary school got MRT :) you also dunno which secondary school your kid will be going anyway...

Santro
18-02-11, 21:38
Thanks Bro. Mind to share which estate are you referring to.

that is why I view access to public transport critical for my choice in landed.

I don't really want my kid to ride bicycle on singapore roads and I don't want to fetch her EVERYTIME she wants to go out.

My place is around 400m to bus stop and 1km to mrt.

It is more impt to be near public transport than good school. Primary school got school bus. Secondary school got MRT :) you also dunno which secondary school your kid will be going anyway...

Santro
20-02-11, 09:21
I was checking with my friends and they said that landed property not really maintenance charges free. The property tax is higher than condo and also need to pay for rubbish clearing etc.
Any idea where I can find info on landed property taxes and also approx monthly overhead I need to pay for services like rubbish clearing.

wind30
20-02-11, 13:14
Thanks Bro. Mind to share which estate are you referring to.

My place is at lentor area. It was within my budget and yet walkable distance to MRT.

But my walking path will probably become a huge construction site when the NSE starts construction....

greenhorn
20-02-11, 14:31
I was checking with my friends and they said that landed property not really maintenance charges free. The property tax is higher than condo and also need to pay for rubbish clearing etc.
Any idea where I can find info on landed property taxes and also approx monthly overhead I need to pay for services like rubbish clearing.

Property tax on landed is NOT higher than condo. For eg, my 3+study apartment in same estate has same or very slightly higher property tax compared to my 3-storey terrace with 6 rms. As for rubbish fees, just need to pay to Semb Waste for refuse collection for estate. Not much, think its $15-18 p.m. or so. Some apartments/condo owners i know also have to pay for such fees, depending on MA/MC arrangements on refuse collection fees.

DC33_2008
20-02-11, 14:40
Property Tax is based on the annual value of the property. Annual value is based rental value around that place.
Property tax on landed is NOT higher than condo. For eg, my 3+study apartment in same estate has same or very slightly higher property tax compared to my 3-storey terrace with 6 rms. As for rubbish fees, just need to pay to Semb Waste for refuse collection for estate. Not much, think its $15-18 p.m. or so. Some apartments/condo owners i know also have to pay for such fees, depending on MA/MC arrangements on refuse collection fees.

Blue
20-02-11, 17:00
Property Tax is based on the annual value of the property. Annual value is based rental value around that place.

I reckon property tax for landed is generally lower than condos. Reason being the older landed properties surrounding yours (if yours is a new one) will help to lower the annual value of properties around the area. So hehe...tats for my case.

However, if ur landed property is along Crescent Road / Goodman Road where all the rent there fetches above $10K/mth, then u r in deep shit...

Santro
20-02-11, 19:27
Thanks all for sharing. My current condo maintenance is about $300 per month + the property tax. So I would end up spending much less on monthly outgoing.
Also, just wanted to know your views on inter-terrace and corner terrace. Is there really any concern if I buy inter-terrace. Corner terrace have one side unblocked but are usually on the roadside.

land118
20-02-11, 20:47
Thanks all for sharing. My current condo maintenance is about $300 per month + the property tax. So I would end up spending much less on monthly outgoing.
Also, just wanted to know your views on inter-terrace and corner terrace. Is there really any concern if I buy inter-terrace. Corner terrace have one side unblocked but are usually on the roadside.
Personally, prefer inter, not much difference when compared with corner especially if frontage is narrow and long plot. Imagine if the corner ter land shaped is narrow frontage say 7m and 25m long. Land at the side say 1.5m ,mean 37.5 against the wall or 21% not efficiently used. I feel worst type of corner terrace are those less than 2k sqft, narrow front and long plot.

hovivi
12-03-11, 14:18
The best area in bedok/simei in my view is bedok ria estate... Peaceful unblocked beside park connector.. Wide roads no parking problem and can't see a tall building anywhere.. 10 mins walk to mrt or simpang bedok shopping or cold storage at eastwood..

Santro
13-03-11, 09:53
Never recce this area before. Is the property appreciation and demand same as other areas like Opera and Harvey estate.

The best area in bedok/simei in my view is bedok ria estate... Peaceful unblocked beside park connector.. Wide roads no parking problem and can't see a tall building anywhere.. 10 mins walk to mrt or simpang bedok shopping or cold storage at eastwood..

devilplate
13-03-11, 11:40

not bad...goto be vy selective....jus dun get too close to simpang/mrt track;)

i prefer those at eastwood:D

devilplate
13-03-11, 11:46
Never recce this area before. Is the property appreciation and demand same as other areas like Opera and Harvey estate.

shd be ok i tink....near eastwood ctr cold storage goodie....got bedok food court as well...the cheng ting yummy but expensive...hehe:D

hovivi
13-03-11, 17:55
not bad...goto be vy selective....jus dun get too close to simpang/mrt track;)

i prefer those at eastwood:D

Eastwood is Very nice too except they r mainly leasehold and very very near to the flight landing path to changi airport so kinda noisy..

hovivi
13-03-11, 18:15

Capital appreciation Comparable fm what I hv seen... I have been looking to move out fm bedok ria and find A bigger place for 2 years.. I believe i hv Seen all estates within 3km and very very very few places come close in terms of living environment... The moment u drive into bedok ria drive, you see broad tree lined roads, unblocked sky.. Trying driving there and take a look... But very very few people selling..

bullman
13-03-11, 18:21
Personally, prefer inter, not much difference when compared with corner especially if frontage is narrow and long plot. Imagine if the corner ter land shaped is narrow frontage say 7m and 25m long. Land at the side say 1.5m ,mean 37.5 against the wall or 21% not efficiently used. I feel worst type of corner terrace are those less than 2k sqft, narrow front and long plot.

Forgive my ignorance, but shouldn't the minimum frontage of a CT be 8 meters ?

This "wastage" of land is especially true after you factor the front, side and back set back. So buying IT makes sense. Using your example, you save 2 m by 25 m = 50 square meters = 543 sqft. At 1000 psf, its a saving of half mil.

clemdale
02-04-11, 21:43
Have u considered the landed properties around the Meyer Road, Crescent Road, Jalan Seaview, Goodman Road, Branksome Road areas? They are closer to the city...

Santro
03-04-11, 10:07
No. Didnt consider that area. My main criteria is location near MRT and shopping/amenities so that my family can move around on their own.
I just checked and there is Dakota and Mountbatten MRT nearby but dont see any amenities nearby. Are you aware if any shophouses/eateries in walkable distance.

Have u considered the landed properties around the Meyer Road, Crescent Road, Jalan Seaview, Goodman Road, Branksome Road areas? They are closer to the city...

bullman
03-04-11, 10:12

Those will be big ticket items. I have a detached at goodman. Bought the subdivided land from my neighbor who had over 10,000 sqft as his garden. Although it's nearer to city, you need to walk a long distance to the bus stop one does not drive.

clemdale
03-04-11, 11:31
No. Didnt consider that area. My main criteria is location near MRT and shopping/amenities so that my family can move around on their own.
I just checked and there is Dakota and Mountbatten MRT nearby but dont see any amenities nearby. Are you aware if any shophouses/eateries in walkable distance.

Jalan Seaview is about a 15min walk to Parkway Parade which has pretty much everything you need. shopping, hawker centre, post office etc.. and the future ERL mrt. Plenty of buses to the city too..

bullman, what do u mean by big ticket items :S

bullman
03-04-11, 16:49
Jalan Seaview is about a 15min walk to Parkway Parade which has pretty much everything you need. shopping, hawker centre, post office etc.. and the future ERL mrt. Plenty of buses to the city too..

bullman, what do u mean by big ticket items :S

There are few or no IT and CT in those areas so you are looking at SD or D. With current land psf prices, we are talking about 4-5 mil up. Thats considered big ticket purchase for me.

I remember that he started by looking at areas around Simei? No offense meant to anyone, but the prices, both in terms of land psf and absolute quantum over there w.r.t. to Marine Parade, Goodman, Meyer Road area are vastly different.

devilplate
03-04-11, 17:34
There are few or no IT and CT in those areas so you are looking at SD or D. With current land psf prices, we are talking about 4-5 mil up. Thats considered big ticket purchase for me.

I remember that he started by looking at areas around Simei? No offense meant to anyone, but the prices, both in terms of land psf and absolute quantum over there w.r.t. to Marine Parade, Goodman, Meyer Road area are vastly different.

yah...4-5mil vy big tix.....60% ltv....2mil down oredi....plus AA/reno.....wow...not many can afford to sit on 2mil++....only those who oredi 'made it '

suburban detached can easily cost 2mil+ nowadays too....tats about 1mil downpayment....xiong arr.....

Santro
03-04-11, 21:12
Yes Bro. I started with Simei as I found the landed there are closest to MRT as well as the mall.
Am fine with exploring other areas in the east if it satisfies the proximity criteria.
4-5 mio is definitely out of my budget :) . I am "not there" yet as Devilplate quoted. Still a long way for me to go :D.