PDA

View Full Version : Nuovo

mantrix
12-02-11, 20:42
Heard from grapevine there is going to be a big part of their land being redeveloped for NSE - anyone wanna guess how big it is? :scared-1:

tboonk
12-02-11, 21:15
Pls share:)

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 21:23
How big can it be? Cannot lose their swimming pool right? That's the max unless.... Then owners should get compensated more if they lose their pool. Amk have a pool facing 3 bedder for sale right?

mantrix
12-02-11, 21:35
(Drumroll) - the area taken away is going to be more than 8000 square ft (!!)

That is the size of a detached house.

Not sure if it will affect the pool or not. Maybe gahmen pump a few 100k into their sinking fund, maybe not (after all they don't have to)

Be ready for good lobangs when the news leak out further

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 21:41
(Drumroll) - the area taken away is going to be more than 8000 square ft (!!)

That is the size of a detached house.

Not sure if it will affect the pool or not. Maybe gahmen pump a few 100k into their sinking fund, maybe not (after all they don't have to)

Be ready for good lobangs when the news leak out further
It's not going to be a square plot, it's a long rectangular plot. Up to pool side. Maybe can change to infinity pool with car views.

august
12-02-11, 22:48
aiyo... so suay ...

Regulators
12-02-11, 22:50
most important question is any firesale? :D

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 22:58
most important question is any firesale? :D
Sure have one. Even firesales, u want meh? No up side at all.... Rental to poly students? Sorry to owners, bad news are bad news.

Regulators
12-02-11, 22:59
depends how much discount. if very big discount (40%), why not?

Sure have one. Even firesales, u want meh? No up side at all.... Rental to poly students? Sorry to owners, bad news are bad news.

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 23:11
depends how much discount. if very big discount (40%), why not?
40% can consider... But 20% max..... Not so desperate lah. They will only wake up when expressway is up....

land118
12-02-11, 23:24
These we done before NS expressway announcements:

Date of Option Exercised / Sales Agreement Signed
NUOVO* ANG MO KIO AVENUE 9 Executive Condominium 1 1,090,000 1,389 Strata 785 Jan-11
NUOVO* ANG MO KIO AVENUE 9 Executive Condominium 1 1,050,000 1,421 Strata 739 Jan-11

Property guru has 40 listings for sale...I also think 20-30% max if have discount

ecimbew
13-02-11, 00:03
Executive condo can command such high price!!!!?? :scared-1: If they loose their swimming pool, does that mean it will be executive apartment instead?

NUOVO* ANG MO KIO AVENUE 9 Executive Condominium 1 1,090,000 1,389 Strata 785 Jan-11
NUOVO* ANG MO KIO AVENUE 9 Executive Condominium 1 1,050,000 1,421 Strata 739 Jan-11

Property guru has 40 listings for sale...I also think 20-30% max if have discount

zzz1
13-02-11, 07:07
Heard from grapevine there is going to be a big part of their land being redeveloped for NSE - anyone wanna guess how big it is? :scared-1:
Check out the asiaone report few week ago on this whereby the resident wrote a petition to sla. They also had a meetup with the mp Lee bee Hua along with sla officer.
Also the report also show the plot area affected. The swimming pool is just along t boundary wall

Geylang OKT
13-02-11, 07:25
1st EC condo to have no swimming pool? :D

land118
13-02-11, 07:26
Check out the asiaone report few week ago on this whereby the resident wrote a petition to sla. They also had a meetup with the mp Lee bee Hua along with sla officer.
Also the report also show the plot area affected. The swimming pool is just along t boundary wall

See tis link below for tat piece of report

http://www.asiabuilders.com/asiabuilders/NewsSingle.aspx?rec_code=77465&ind_ctry_code=conSG

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 07:33

http://www.asiabuilders.com/asiabuilders/NewsSingle.aspx?rec_code=77465&ind_ctry_code=conSG

Will get to keep the pool lah... If not how? Left with children pool? Pool on top of expressway tunnel?

zzz1
13-02-11, 07:43

Here the other, it even show the letter from SLA

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20110203-261776.html

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 08:17
Here the other, it even show the letter from SLA

http://business.asiaone.com/Business/News/Story/A1Story20110203-261776.html
Nuovo not too badly affected. A thin n long block, strip is a better word.

ecimbew
13-02-11, 08:36
It looks like a thin strip. I'm more interested in the 67 decibles limit for roads. I wonder why they didn't consider building the expressway on the other side of the road. It is empty anyway.

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 08:48
The school is in it's path. If on the other side, grandeur 8 gets it. It needs to link up to the other cross junctions.

My thoughts... A fly over or underpass will be constructed at junction between grandeur 8 and nyp. That will help the traffic there. When u want to clear the blood vessels, clear the main artery and the smaller ones near to it. Makes sense?

land118
13-02-11, 08:56
Today Sunday Times classifieds ads alone have 4 Nuovo ads out of 18 for sale under district 19-20. Seller trying hard to get out. But all asking $700+ to $8000sf, holding their price high

mantrix
13-02-11, 12:04
Today Sunday Times classifieds ads alone have 4 Nuovo ads out of 18 for sale under district 19-20. Seller trying hard to get out. But all asking $700+ to $8000sf, holding their price high

Non-privatised EC trying to sell at 800psf is a joke. Good luck to those facing the road - they will have grand view of expressway.

If firesales can consider because it is just 3 minutes walk from YCK MRT.

zzz1
13-02-11, 12:12
Nuovo not too badly affected. A thin n long block, strip is a better word.

yap..in term of area wise, not much diff..

it is more of the noise gnerated from the semi tunnel..the noise level travel up ...and the the open tunnel act as a funnel for the nose to amp up the way....

zzz1
13-02-11, 12:18
It looks like a thin strip. I'm more interested in the 67 decibles limit for roads. I wonder why they didn't consider building the expressway on the other side of the road. It is empty anyway.

when i read the max limit is 67 db is the regulatory guideline...

this do not means all cars or motobikes complies...all you need is every few hrs , one idot biker(with silencer removed and ram) to ram pass is sufficient

I think is the way they maximise the usgae of land....

zzz1
13-02-11, 12:20

in th prtyguru, alot is duplicated(co broke) or fabricated for genertic marketing.

zzz1
13-02-11, 12:29
Non-privatised EC trying to sell at 800psf is a joke. Good luck to those facing the road - they will have grand view of expressway.

location wise, it is good for rental ...

the ns-expressway will put up sound barrier, how effective i don know, if study carefully, may able to find one or two unit selling at discount but may not be affect so much...

Regulators
13-02-11, 12:41
I was just thinking, if the government compulsorily acquires part of the land, government has to compensate by law, so wouldnt owners be getting a share of the compensation since shares are allocated to each owner based on the size of the the unit?

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 12:51
I was just thinking, if the government compulsorily acquires part of the land, government has to compensate by law, so wouldnt owners be getting a share of the compensation since shares are allocated to each owner based on the size of the the unit?
Should be into sinking fund..

Not much after divide by 297.

Then some money used for new fence wall. Maybe nett nett not much gain.

zzz1
13-02-11, 13:02

The affected wall, green and tree will be reinstated as original as possible..

Regulators
13-02-11, 13:08
So any balance will be paid to owners in proportionate shares? Does mc decide or owners collectively
The affected wall, green and tree will be reinstated as original as possible..

mantrix
13-02-11, 13:45
So any balance will be paid to owners in proportionate shares? Does mc decide or owners collectively

It's not a given gahmen must compensate - after all they reserve the rights to touch the land up to a certain percentage for works...

Regulators
13-02-11, 13:51
I think you may be right, if the part of the land taken is not significant. I am waiting to see what the owners of the macpherson landed will get
It's not a given gahmen must compensate - after all they reserve the rights to touch the land up to a certain percentage for works...

wind30
13-02-11, 14:42
I think there will be compensation but it will probably be unfair to certain units.

Imagine your unit faces the road and you have to endure the construction works for many years and then later on the pollution and noise from the expressway.

I used to own a unit facing the road in Nuovo but I sold it off in 2009. Lucky....

Else who will want to buy a unit there now...

Lovelle
13-02-11, 14:53

why are u shock?

have u seen EC transacted abv 900psf?

zzz1
13-02-11, 16:13
It Will be compensated. pAlso these expenses incurred ,eg attending collector hearing, engaging assessor will be reimbursed.
The golden question is how much is compensated.?

zzz1
13-02-11, 16:26
Hard to determine. At one hand the condo belongs to all resident according to the nos of shares, on the other hand you can not deny the fact that certain units are directly affected.I will go and find out

Regulators
13-02-11, 16:38
do let us know your findings, would be interesting to know what the outcome is
Hard to determine. At one hand the condo belongs to all resident according to the nos of shares, on the other hand you can not deny the fact that certain units are directly affected.I will go and find out

mantrix
13-02-11, 17:53
why are u shock?

have u seen EC transacted abv 900psf?

My comment is not generic - was on Nuovo specifically.

It is, after all, a non-privatised EC facing a future expressway and 800psf is really too high.

Lovelle
13-02-11, 19:22
My comment is not generic - was on Nuovo specifically.

It is, after all, a non-privatised EC facing a future expressway and 800psf is really too high.

800psf was done b4 the expressway annoucement. Felt pity for the residence there. I quite like this condo as their layout is very good and efficient...there...

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 19:36
800psf was done b4 the expressway annoucement. Felt pity for the residence there. I quite like this condo as their layout is very good and efficient...there...
Yes, nice project, get the SSD slap also.... Nuovo.
Need luck now.

wind30
13-02-11, 19:56

I don't really like it after living there for 5 years.

The plot area is too small and longish.

The swimming pool is very close to the road and mrt track. Now it is even worse after the NSE announcement.

Lovelle
13-02-11, 20:03
but ur unit shld be quite spacious rite ?

mantrix
13-02-11, 20:09

Yup that's why I said 800psf now is really too high...before NSE announced maybe still ok

zzz1
13-02-11, 20:32
Yup that's why I said 800psf now is really too high...before NSE announced maybe still ok

actually if you follow the route of the express way..all the way from neuvo to lentor ave..there there alot of hse, thu not being aquired, is very very near to the expressway...

neuvo's the new so big because of the area being aquired, also catle green, if to compare the effect of noise/air pollution, alot alot of are affected...(country side rd, sembawang cottage)

i believe that the price resistance will be there and prolong as the immediate impact is not being physically seen..

Geylang OKT
13-02-11, 20:42
No 550psf No Buy! :D

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 20:47
It's like that, price down when real impact seen n felt.

Walk away as few deals possible.

Buyer factor in expressway
Seller won't discount too much as in denial
Big gap
Few deals or no deals

land118
13-02-11, 20:56
It Will be compensated. pAlso these expenses incurred ,eg attending collector hearing, engaging assessor will be reimbursed.
The golden question is how much is compensated.? Any
know guideline on how compensation is made by government? Should be by area but at what psf? Maybe based on some average for that district over a period of time, I doubt it is based on lastest psf rate.

mantrix
13-02-11, 21:36
Any
know guideline on how compensation is made by government? Should be by area but at what psf? Maybe based on some average for that district over a period of time, I doubt it is based on lastest psf rate.

That is all under negotiation. Some of the good facing units won't care, mostly it will be that small select group (whose units face NSE) KPKB.

So the constituency mgmt will look at how many potential votes they might lose - if too small then they have higher bargaining power

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 21:42
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2829085/for-sale-nuovo

Seems good deal for a 3 bedder

mantrix
13-02-11, 21:49
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/2829085/for-sale-nuovo

Seems good deal for a 3 bedder

Has potential to go even lower...wait till 2013 when construction commences....

land118
13-02-11, 22:04
Agree, once the banging, drilling start, dust, road diversion, jams, noise, meetings to iron out compensation, anxiety of uncertainty, etc, some may just throw in the towel and sell out especially those with young kids. Those owners trying to sell now while price if discounting a bit may be the smarter ones...

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 04:05

Must factor in cooling measures too. Can consider if price is 750 k or lower. Should not go below $550 psf....

wind30
14-02-11, 06:59
but ur unit shld be quite spacious rite ?

the unit is of course more spacious than most current developments. 1389 sqft. But as a condo it doesn't really work out nice.

Main thing is the pool and recreational facilities. They are all right beside the road and mrt line. Seriously when the construction starts, will you want to go swimming/barbecue beside it???

I have to walk past an major road underpass construction on my way to work every morning and it is REALLY REALLY dusty. like cannot breath kind....

It also depends on your facing. All 1389 sqft units faces the main road. the 1119 sqft units faces the other side so not so bad.

I am really glad I sold it in 2009 for around 640 psf

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 07:40
1119 luxurious by today's standard
1389 super luxurious...
Since 640 in 09, add 50 per year and max this year should be 740 only. 690 psf is fair deal.

land118
14-02-11, 13:47

I am really glad I sold it in 2009 for around 640 psf

If u had bought it from Day 1, you would have reap a tidy profits, probably bought below $400psf:

http://ir.cdl.com.sg/phoenix.zhtml?c=60774&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1328571&highlight=

Buyers snap up over 80% of units at Nuovo EC's Launch
City Developments Ltd (CDL) launched Nuovo EC in Ang Mo Kio and saw 75% sold at an average price of $389 psf as at 2am this morning, when the sales office closed. Buyers with queue numbers who had not been served as at 2am this morning came back to the sales office to be served today. In addition, new buyers are still streaming in. As at lunchtime today, over 80% or 240 units have been taken up.

Even though the sales launch was originally on 17 Nov, buyers had started queuing since last Wednesday, 7 November. Because of the good response, the sales launch was brought forward twice – from 17 Nov to 14 Nov; and again from 14 Nov to 10 Nov. To make those in the queue comfortable, CDL set up tents with air-conditioners, provided 3 meals a day as well as free flow of drinks.

Mr Chia Ngiang Hong, Group General Manager said, “We are very happy with the overwhelming response for Nuovo EC on the first day of its launch. The long queue that formed well ahead of the launch date had given us an indication of the strong interest. In spite of this, however, we made a conscious decision to price the units according to current economic conditions, although we could have raised the average selling price.”

Nuovo EC is Singapore’s first major property launch following the General Elections. Located at Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6/9 and close to the Yio Chu Kang MRT Station, Nuovo EC’s 297 units are attractively priced at an average net of $389 psf after absorption of stamp duty by the developer. Prices range from $431,955 for 3-bedroom apartments, $584,443 (4-bedroom apartments); and from $693,857 (maisonette penthouses).

“The success of Nuovo EC could be attributed to several factors. Besides the excellent location of Nuovo EC, CDL is able to offer to buyers quality developments with great investment potential based on its strong brand and reputation of 40 years in the residential property market. Buyers were also aware that with interest rates at an all-time low, the prevailing prices for residential property presented an attractive, entrepreneurial proposition that they could not turn down.”

The Government has put in place various positive actions through the off-budget measures to revive the economy. These measures and the strong mandate received by the Government at the General Elections have brought about some positive effects, Mr Chia added. In a bid to stabilise the property market, the Government has suspended all land sales until the end of 2003

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 15:02
It's sold after elections. Grandeur 8 only slightly higher at 4xx psf then. Post election good?

Multiplier of 1.5 can sell Liao, 400 can sell at 600 psf due to bad news. Add 50 psf as profit and there would be buyers.

land118
14-02-11, 15:04
It's sold after elections. Grandeur 8 only slightly higher at 4xx psf then. Post election good?

Multiplier of 1.5 can sell Liao, 400 can sell at 600 psf due to bad news. Add 50 psf as profit and there would be buyers. Ya, fair value should be about in the $600 psf range

wind30
14-02-11, 15:33
nuovo...

those who want to sell will already sell LONG ago as most bought at launched.

I think all my neighbours sold. So most of the owners now are those who bought a 600-750 psf.

you think they will sell at 600psf??? only if they are desperate. most of the buyers are hdb upgraders who want to stay at AMK. These people are quite rich actually.

mantrix
14-02-11, 16:51
nuovo...

I think all my neighbours sold. So most of the owners now are those who bought a 600-750 psf.

you think they will sell at 600psf??? only if they are desperate. most of the buyers are hdb upgraders who want to stay at AMK. These people are quite rich actually.

yup that is likely...if you bought at less than 389psf if a cheque dangles in front of you for 600 you'll have grabbed it already

i recall a penthouse facing the road and school asking 1.3+M, then changed their mind and marketed at 1.5M as they claimed bank gave them a higher valuation...i checked the caveats i think they sold for 1.438M - they were very lucky to get out before the NSE news hit

I think prices will moderate now around 700 psf...there are 42 listings in propertyguru

land118
14-02-11, 17:21
nuovo...

you think they will sell at 600psf??? only if they are desperate. most of the buyers are hdb upgraders who want to stay at AMK. These people are quite rich actually. For current owners who are HDB upgraders and bought from market, and want to stay in AMK, then one would presume they will stick it out amidst the construction and endure it through. Since as diehards, it will be easier for them to endure the construction phase.

land118
14-02-11, 20:23
LTA to consider building NSE in phases
By Hoe Yeen Nie | Posted: 14 February 2011 2026 hrs
Photos 1*of 1

Raymond Lim
* Twitter Messenger
SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has said it will consider building the North South Expressway in phases, where feasible.

This comes after MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC Lee Bee Wah suggested in Parliament that portions closest to residential areas be completed first, with the aim of minimising disruption to residents over what is estimated to be a seven-year project.

Another issue was whether parts of the expressway near homes could be built as full tunnels, to ease traffic and noise disruption after the expressway is completed.

Transport Minister Raymond Lim replied that while the expressway was designed as a full tunnel in highly urbanised areas, this was not always possible because large plots of land about 15,000 square metres, or about two football fields, are needed for the required ventilation buildings.

Besides having to compete with other land uses, Mr Lim said there are also limits to how far possible sites, like the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang road, can be developed.

Mr Lim said: "The possible sites for these ventilations buildings such as the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang Road are encumbered by the existing MRT viaduct or currently form part of MINDEF's training ground, or are close to Yio Chu Kang MRT station where the land has been set aside for high density residential use.

"To place a ventilation building on any of these sites would put at risk the operations of a live MRT line, impede training for our national defence, or constrain our ability to have more homes in close proximity to the Yio Chu Kang MRT station."

He added that a ventilation building would have to be built in the vicinity of Bishan Park, which would adversely affect PUB's Active, Beautiful and Clean upgrading programme at the heavily used park.

-CNA/ac

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 20:39
He answered
A. Expressway to pass through YIO CHU KANG mrt rejected.
B. Covered expressway in front of nuovo rejected.
C. Expressway to go from AMK ave 8 to bishan park then loop right rejected.

land118
14-02-11, 20:44
He answered
A. Expressway to pass through YIO CHU KANG mrt rejected.
B. Covered expressway in front of nuovo rejected.
C. Expressway to go from AMK ave 8 to bishan park then loop right rejected.
I do believe URA engineers would have study extensively on possiblities. Maybe with feedback and complaints, engineers would have to be check and be absolutely sure; could mean some lost votes if not handle properly among unhappy residents affected

Lovelle
14-02-11, 20:49
i think grandeur 8 was done above 600psf to 800 psf ....don't think it's 400psf

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 20:51
Some votes are lost forever. It's inevitable. Win some, lose some. Life... Add new winning votes will save the day.

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 20:56
i think grandeur 8 was done above 600psf to 800 psf ....don't think it's 400psf
It's 4xx psf only.. Upper end in 2002

wind30
14-02-11, 21:21
mindef training ground???? that is the reason for not building a ventilation building????

idiot. Common, mindef training ground is so big. Take away a little bit of land will die? And I am sure they don't train right beside the residential area anyway.

really stupid answer. I really think our transport minister cannot make it. sooo many mistakes. Expressway all jam. COE also calculate wrongly. Expressway collapse. Built useless viaducts....

land118
14-02-11, 21:33
mindef training ground???? that is the reason for not building a ventilation building????

idiot. Common, mindef training ground is so big. Take away a little bit of land will die? And I am sure they don't train right beside the residential area anyway.

really stupid answer. I really think our transport minister cannot make it. sooo many mistakes. Expressway all jam. COE also calculate wrongly. Expressway collapse. Built useless viaducts....
Well, got as many reasons, give lor, Mindef land probably high priority ma. Just whack as many reasons, " no horse run", cover all angles from behind, haha

wind30
14-02-11, 21:57
Well, got as many reasons, give lor, Mindef land probably high priority ma. Just whack as many reasons, " no horse run", cover all angles from behind, haha

actually those plots of land beside YCK MRT is understandable. It is quite unreasonable to expect them to use those prime land as ventilation building.

At first I thought the army land further up was unsuitable for engineering reasons. Now our transport minister actually tell us that those land cannot be use because it will "impede training for our national defence".

And NOBODY in parliament actually questioned him on this? I mean do SAF really train right beside the MRT track? How much land is needed for the ventilation building? Are those 10% of SAF total training land? or 1%? or 0.01%?

.... sigh .....

land118
14-02-11, 22:17
actually those plots of land beside YCK MRT is understandable. It is quite unreasonable to expect them to use those prime land as ventilation building.

At first I thought the army land further up was unsuitable for engineering reasons. Now our transport minister actually tell us that those land cannot be use because it will "impede training for our national defence".

And NOBODY in parliament actually questioned him on this? I mean do SAF really train right beside the MRT track? How much land is needed for the ventilation building? Are those 10% of SAF total training land? or 1%? or 0.01%?

.... sigh ..... national defence concern, no one dare la, as long as minister of defence and his team has no comments, who dare....

ecimbew
14-02-11, 22:42
At least Er Lee Bee Wah is speaking on behalf of residence...
Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP.
Hands up if you know who your MP is or what he/she has done for the community for the past 4 years

LTA to consider building NSE in phases
By Hoe Yeen Nie | Posted: 14 February 2011 2026 hrs
Photos 1*of 1

Raymond Lim
* Twitter Messenger
SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has said it will consider building the North South Expressway in phases, where feasible.

This comes after MP for Ang Mo Kio GRC Lee Bee Wah suggested in Parliament that portions closest to residential areas be completed first, with the aim of minimising disruption to residents over what is estimated to be a seven-year project.

Another issue was whether parts of the expressway near homes could be built as full tunnels, to ease traffic and noise disruption after the expressway is completed.

Transport Minister Raymond Lim replied that while the expressway was designed as a full tunnel in highly urbanised areas, this was not always possible because large plots of land about 15,000 square metres, or about two football fields, are needed for the required ventilation buildings.

Besides having to compete with other land uses, Mr Lim said there are also limits to how far possible sites, like the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang road, can be developed.

Mr Lim said: "The possible sites for these ventilations buildings such as the undeveloped land around Lentor Avenue and Yio Chu Kang Road are encumbered by the existing MRT viaduct or currently form part of MINDEF's training ground, or are close to Yio Chu Kang MRT station where the land has been set aside for high density residential use.

"To place a ventilation building on any of these sites would put at risk the operations of a live MRT line, impede training for our national defence, or constrain our ability to have more homes in close proximity to the Yio Chu Kang MRT station."

He added that a ventilation building would have to be built in the vicinity of Bishan Park, which would adversely affect PUB's Active, Beautiful and Clean upgrading programme at the heavily used park.

-CNA/ac

wind30
14-02-11, 22:56
At least Er Lee Bee Wah is speaking on behalf of residence...
Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP.
Hands up if you know who your MP is or what he/she has done for the community for the past 4 years

Lee Bee Wah happens to be my MP.

She has done enough research? I am curious, what did she say in the parliament that showed you that she has done enough research?

Frankly, I thought the transport minister reason was not convincing at all.

Regulators
14-02-11, 23:04
People like lee bee wah can be mp, I think anyone of us can be mp, even :doh:

She has done enough research? I am curious, what did she say in the parliament that showed you that she has done enough research?

ecimbew
14-02-11, 23:13

I said based on her training "as a civil engineer... I am sure she has done enough research..." but did not imply that she had actually done her research.

I believe all ministers have their own agenda. Imagine if the transport minister agreed to consider alternative route for the NE line without seeking his advisors' views and it turned out wrong. So, his first attempt at this question which had been passed around before the start of this session was likely to confuse but subject to further discussions later. That's my interpretation.

devilplate
14-02-11, 23:17
as a political figure....i guess they got their limitations.....vy tough to understand unless we r in their shoes:2cents:

am i rite to say every male citizenship do not wish to have NS liabilities if given a choice? many say a small atomic bomb can destroy SG liao...y nid NS? hehe

ecimbew
14-02-11, 23:20
Ya! I wish it's less political and more people-centric but then what's politics without politics?

wind30
15-02-11, 05:44
the point is sometimes for the amount of money we are paying them, I wished they will put in more effort.

..... no debate.... every response is accepted. If that is the case, why bother even asking the question.

I mean SERIOUSLY, do you guys think SAF need that small plot of land right beside the expressway for training????? Does it even sound reasonable?

DC33_2008
15-02-11, 10:21
LBW has to wayang a bit to please the residents. Cost of open tunnel is cheaper than running a ventilation building which occupies space for a tunnel.

DC33_2008
15-02-11, 10:23
Just like the workers' quarter in Serangoon Garden. Change in garmen's plan is difficult unless there is a very good reason.
I said based on her training "as a civil engineer... I am sure she has done enough research..." but did not imply that she had actually done her research.

I believe all ministers have their own agenda. Imagine if the transport minister agreed to consider alternative route for the NE line without seeking his advisors' views and it turned out wrong. So, his first attempt at this question which had been passed around before the start of this session was likely to confuse but subject to further discussions later. That's my interpretation.

land118
15-02-11, 10:51
Just like the workers' quarter in Serangoon Garden. Change in garmen's plan is difficult unless there is a very good reason. Tat Ser Gdns wker qtr issue resulted in additional road that cost the gov $2mil to built to divert workers exclusively from AMK Ave 1 instead of internal roads within Ser Gdns... So in this case, if complaint hard enough and if engineering feasible, maybe something may be done ...at additional cost...perhaps

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 15:48
Tender out plot in front of Yio Chu Kang MRT before end of this year?

Sure make some people happy.

wind30
15-02-11, 19:18
Tender out plot in front of Yio Chu Kang MRT before end of this year?

Sure make some people happy.

I suggested this to our MP, Lee Bee Wah and the reply was that plots of land is not under her jurisdiction so she cannot do anything.

wind30
15-02-11, 19:19

?? I don't get it. I am pretty sure you implied she had actually done her research by saying "Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP."

mantrix
15-02-11, 20:25
?? I don't get it. I am pretty sure you implied she had actually done her research by saying "Being a civil engineer herself, I am sure she has done enough research to put up a case to fight but she has her limitations as a small fry MP."

maybe he meant to use the word 'state' rather than imply?

anyway i guess Nuovots would just have to suck this up and live with it :hell-hath-no-fury:

zzz1
15-02-11, 20:57
maybe he meant to use the word 'state' rather than imply?

anyway i guess Nuovots would just have to suck this up and live with it :hell-hath-no-fury:

yea...and over time they will get use of it..

in fact , alot alot of properties are being hit by the close proximity of the expressway..

i would expect the sembawang cottage to be like ...hmm.. 10 - 15m directly facing the viaduct...also the ching pang's area...my goodness..if you are the resident...you will :simmering: :simmering: :simmering:

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 21:34
I suggested this to our MP, Lee Bee Wah and the reply was that plots of land is not under her jurisdiction so she cannot do anything.

of course not her jurisdiction.. hers is table tennis ...

anyway it will be tendered out later... even if she know, also cannot reveal.

it should be after elections, either this or next.. haha, Because I duno.

Nuovo still make money lah.. dun be greddy... sell and move on or wear ear plugs. problem solved.

zzz1
16-02-11, 14:45
do let us know your findings, would be interesting to know what the outcome is

On the issues of compensation resulted in the acquisition of land, the collector had send the letter directly to all the residents and requesting them to present to the collector their claims based on the assessor. Each unit is, technically speaking, need to engage their respective’s assessor and made a claim before the Collector and to attend the Inquires.

However, the resident may choice to empower their managing committee to act on their behalf thru extra ordinary meeting to pass the resolution for the MC to act. This, in a way make an economic sense.

Now come to the compensation part, the Collector will pay directly to the resident if he represent himself, based on the total compensation amount over the entitle nos of shares. If the property is represented by the MC, the collector will pay to the MC collectively and the arrangement for distribution will not involved the Collectors. It will be entire up to the MC and the resident arrangement.

The weighting between directly affected units and non affected units is hard to made judgment and hence making the distribution almost impossible while not deny the fact that certain units are more affected then the other. As such, the MC may allocate the monies into the funds. During the extra ordinary meeting, the resident will have to request/decide for the monies to be used specifically to enhance the value of the property to be set aside or transfer into the maintenance funds for future maintenance work.

As a whole, the amount is not expected to be high individually, it may be almost insignificant or meaningless to cash back, it make sense to use it(collectively) specifically to enhance the value of the property instead.

land118
16-02-11, 20:30
Thx for effort, zzz1, doesn't seem to be much for residents on compensation, gloomy outlook

zzz1
16-02-11, 21:05
Thx for effort, zzz1, doesn't seem to be much for residents on compensation, gloomy outlook

yap...gloomy indeed. some even ended in legal tussle.

kingkong1984
16-02-11, 21:15

See my posts on this. Better into sinking than individual fighting for a bigger piece of pie. It's 'pai' Liao

zzz1
17-02-11, 02:27
See my posts on this. Better into sinking than individual fighting for a bigger piece of pie. It's 'pai' Liao

this where the complication lies, for those whom are directly affected may have the intention to sell their unit, and they don have the interest of keeping the money in the fund..

so during the resolution, the MC and the resident must decide what they wan, and out front..to empower the MC to act..one must remember the MC is just an agent working for the interest of the resident.

Not another way round

kingkong1984
17-02-11, 03:52
How about empowering the MC to act and set a condition that for units sold with 6 mths of getting the compensation, they get their one share in cash out of the compensation while rest go to common fund.

zzz1
17-02-11, 08:43
How about empowering the MC to act and set a condition that for units sold with 6 mths of getting the compensation, they get their one share in cash out of the compensation while rest go to common fund.

The resident, whom of interest, need to write to the MC prior to extra ordinary meeting, to list these pre requisite and condition. The final arrangement shall be then pass/no pass in resolution subjected by the voting in the meeting.

Importance is to bring up the requisite to the MC prior the meeting.

gohsoonk
17-02-11, 23:03
Thanks for the contribution. Very technical indeed.

The resident, whom of interest, need to write to the MC prior to extra ordinary meeting, to list these pre requisite and condition. The final arrangement shall be then pass/no pass in resolution subjected by the voting in the meeting.

Importance is to bring up the requisite to the MC prior the meeting.

Lovelle
16-04-11, 21:57
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2011/04/lta-overlook-nuovo-residents-concerns-on-nse/

Wild Falcon
16-04-11, 23:13
These guys should just be selfish - roads and expressways have to be built somewhere to ensure better accessibility. If everyone also complain, then no roads can be built liao!!! If it's beside your house, then tough luck. Think on the bright side, lots of condos also face ECP and their prices are close to $1500psf.

teddybear
17-04-11, 00:14
But LTA has a choice - build an underground road tunnel instead of viaduct when the expressway is going to so close to residential estates! Why they didn't want to? Give all sort of excuses about land use etc when there are so much land around there can't even build a ventilation area for the underground car tunnel? Are they trying to save costs at the expenses of residents living in nearby areas? How about they build a viaduct expressway right in front of Oxley Road?

These guys should just be selfish - roads and expressways have to be built somewhere to ensure better accessibility. If everyone also complain, then no roads can be built liao!!! If it's beside your house, then tough luck. Think on the bright side, lots of condos also face ECP and their prices are close to $1500psf.

Andrew76
17-04-11, 14:16
But LTA has a choice - build an underground road tunnel instead of viaduct when the expressway is going to so close to residential estates! Why they didn't want to? Give all sort of excuses about land use etc when there are so much land around there can't even build a ventilation area for the underground car tunnel? Are they trying to save costs at the expenses of residents living in nearby areas? How about they build a viaduct expressway right in front of Oxley Road?

Is there a link here to oxley road?:beats-me-man:

DC33_2008
17-04-11, 15:50
The URA masterplan show residential plots of 3.0 opposite nuovo. It is too expensive for them to build a ventilation building to serve the tunnel in this area. I notice that there is a cemetry next to Nuovo. Is it still there?

Wild Falcon
17-04-11, 22:10
A ventilation chimney would be worse. It's like channeling all 10km the concentrated fumes, carbon monoxide and dust into one chimney and blow out from the chimney into the air. It's better to live near an expressway with short exposure to the dust than to live near the chimney with concentrated carbon monoxide 24x7. These guys want the best of both worlds - underground tunnel and then ventilation chimney blow at other people away from their homes? Live and let live. It's just an expressway. Just like those condos facing ECP. It brings convenience as well. My friends who live in front of ECP get used ot the road hum.

danntbt
17-04-11, 22:21
The train roll by every few minutes....those facing the track probably already gotused to that and do not notice anymore.....the expressway will likewise be somthing to get used to....the owners lost nothing except what they have been lucky to profit, a little less profit is still profit, so what the big deal...mmm maybe this would be a cheaper option now...but still looking at the neighbouring devlopment, castle green for the spacious pool area...

kingkong1984
18-04-11, 03:36
yup, tell the buyers to get use to it also

:D

Dun worry about MRT, you will get used to it.

Dun worry about Expressway, you will get used to it.

Dun worry about the Hospital, you will get used to it.

Good line leh... will buyer bite?

danntbt
18-04-11, 11:52

....well obviously the buyers did bite......Nuovo was a sell out......

Terese
18-04-11, 14:43
what i understand nuovo residents like to bring matters up to MP/Press etc. As some commented it is just a matter of getting used to it and it is for the many benefit of North residents.

mantrix
18-04-11, 15:33
what i understand nuovo residents like to bring matters up to MP/Press etc. As some commented it is just a matter of getting used to it and it is for the many benefit of North residents.

they have 300 units...dun think MP will bend rules and coerce LTA just for their sake...at most lose some votes loh :P

Terese
19-04-11, 20:35
they have 300 units...dun think MP will bend rules and coerce LTA just for their sake...at most lose some votes loh :P

True, seem like they are badly affected else they should not be desperate until looking for MPs, going to press etc. will give this a miss until there is lelong sales from there.

land118
19-04-11, 20:57

Tell buyers , Don't worry about construction and jam, u will get used to it.

kingkong1984
19-04-11, 21:07
Haha good line leh

Dun worry about being ripped off.. You will get used to it.

Dun worry about looking stupid... You will get used to it

Dun worry if no one wants to buy your unit... You will get used to it.

Wah.. Endless and pricelss line leh.

mantrix
30-05-11, 21:30
saw some of the asking prices...just ridiculous

even PH owners asking for 1.75M or 700++psf....when the PH is only 3 bedder

pre-NSE announcement they were going at 1.3 -1.4M

if they want to get rid of their units before construction begins they should be less greedy

else when the lap pool gets cut into half much harder to sell then :2cents:

kane
30-05-11, 21:46
saw some of the asking prices...just ridiculous

even PH owners asking for 1.75M or 700++psf....when the PH is only 3 bedder

pre-NSE announcement they were going at 1.3 -1.4M

if they want to get rid of their units before construction begins they should be less greedy

else when the lap pool gets cut into half much harder to sell then :2cents:

those guys are just trying luck lah. they don't look like they're planning to move out. they can't find another penthouse to stay if they sold theirs for $1.4m. so it looks like they'll have to live with the construction.

linchong84
30-05-11, 21:55
those guys are just trying luck lah. they don't look like they're planning to move out. they can't find another penthouse to stay if they sold theirs for $1.4m. so it looks like they'll have to live with the construction.

How long is the construction going to last? Is construction really that jialat a thing? How about developments that have the land beside building condo, eg, tropica. The impact is much lesser?

ysyap
30-05-11, 21:58
Let them test water... only time will tell if their units still appeal to potential buyers... maybe those who don't read/listen to news???

mantrix
30-05-11, 22:11
How long is the construction going to last? Is construction really that jialat a thing? How about developments that have the land beside building condo, eg, tropica. The impact is much lesser?

2013 to 2020. And 8000 sq ft taken from their beloved pool.

7 year of pure blessed noise, and not forgetting jams.
And they are asking for the sky. 700+psf is possible for 3 BR normal units not the 3BR PHs - they have huge hot roof terraces and dun forget noise travels up

Nothing against them just think they are not realistic

wind30
30-05-11, 22:11
Let them test water... only time will tell if their units still appeal to potential buyers... maybe those who don't read/listen to news???

I am sure there are this kind of people around. I think from now till the start of the construction is still quite a few years. So they not hurry to sell what. Slowly sell lor. The fire sales if any will only come nearer to construction.

linchong84
30-05-11, 22:21
2013 to 2020. And 8000 sq ft taken from their beloved pool.

7 year of pure blessed noise, and not forgetting jams.
And they are asking for the sky. 700+psf is possible for 3 BR normal units not the 3BR PHs - they have huge hot roof terraces and dun forget noise travels up

Nothing against them just think they are not realistic

7 years?! :scared-4: :scared-3: :doh: :scared-2: :eek: :banghead:

I think entire NSE maybe 7 years ba.. But for their area perhaps 1 year will finish? No meh? Cant be they construct that small stretch for so long right? In fact i think 1 year also too long..

But taking 8000 sqft off swimming pool is ridiculous.. are they compensated?

kane
30-05-11, 22:25
the pool may or may not be affected. apparently there's a bit of grass patch and walkway. i think rarely do tunneling projects take one year. Anyone living in paya lebar can shed some light how long did KPE take?

mantrix
30-05-11, 22:32
7 years?! :scared-4: :scared-3: :doh: :scared-2: :eek: :banghead:

I think entire NSE maybe 7 years ba.. But for their area perhaps 1 year will finish? No meh? Cant be they construct that small stretch for so long right? In fact i think 1 year also too long..

But taking 8000 sqft off swimming pool is ridiculous.. are they compensated?

Even if construction is less, the entire area will be affected for that span of time. Barricades and all that - at least a good 5 years disruption to their condo bliss.

Not 8k sq ft off swimming pool but their land - not reported in news but is fact. They appealing but honestly not much chance.

They lap pool will need to be resized for sure since it is just next to road.

Look out for fire sales when 2013 comes - by then they start to panic and lower asking prices may be too late...

linchong84
30-05-11, 22:42
Even if construction is less, the entire area will be affected for that span of time. Barricades and all that - at least a good 5 years disruption to their condo bliss.

Not 8k sq ft off swimming pool but their land - not reported in news but is fact. They appealing but honestly not much chance.

They lap pool will need to be resized for sure since it is just next to road.

Look out for fire sales when 2013 comes - by then they start to panic and lower asking prices may be too late...

I think the stranger thing is why are people still buying there at 750psf in may? there's even one 884psf in apr.. hmm.. did they manage to see some potential that we couldn't see?

flagship74
30-05-11, 22:45
I think the stranger thing is why are people still buying there at 750psf in may? there's even one 884psf in apr.. hmm.. did they manage to see some potential that we couldn't see?

I have a friend staying in Nuovo 3 bedders and he recently sold his unit ( First floor come with patio) transaction around S$1.3 Mil.:scared-1:

mantrix
30-05-11, 22:52

Cos they look short term. Reported in papers also price dropped from 674 to 644psf I think...

kane
30-05-11, 22:57
I have a friend staying in Nuovo 3 bedders and he recently sold his unit ( First floor come with patio) transaction around S$1.3 Mil.:scared-1:

good luck to the new owner, patio unit some more...

flagship74
30-05-11, 23:03
good luck to the new owner, patio unit some more...

Hearsay that the recent case on the new expressway, the compensation is around 1K per household, can anyone verify?:doh:

kane
30-05-11, 23:05
Hearsay that the recent case on the new expressway, the compensation is around 1K per household, can anyone verify?:doh:

your friend with the patio probably got the "best" compensation then!

flagship74
30-05-11, 23:07
your friend with the patio probably got the "best" compensation then!

i guess he probably sell at the right timing.:)

kane
30-05-11, 23:09
he must have sold just before the announcement?

linchong84
30-05-11, 23:15
Cos they look short term. Reported in papers also price dropped from 674 to 644psf I think...

I saw recent transactions are >700psf.. where got drop hahaha.. maybe people think next time NSE outside their house go work will be very convenient..

mantrix
30-05-11, 23:25
I saw recent transactions are >700psf.. where got drop hahaha.. maybe people think next time NSE outside their house go work will be very convenient..

Did you check the lowest psf? It's thereabouts

Beside entrance into NSE is one thing, next to viaduct is another. The entrance is no where close and they will need to detour one round to get onto expressway for sure.

Kinda like beacon heights - next to CTE but entrance is miles away...if your logic beside expressway applies then Vacanza and BH sell like hotcakes liao...

devilplate
30-05-11, 23:29
Find the asking px unrealistic...just bio other projects

Lets move on:cheers6:

Still got reasonable priced projects like chestervale, florida, esparis....:D

danntbt
31-05-11, 06:07
..don't you think all this doom-sayers are making no sense? Location wise compare wit 8coutyard, way up in Yishun near sembawang is asking for higher psf.....this is within AMK..... people are making comments without proper knowledge, buyers do not make hasty decisions, there must be reasons to compel them to buy at whatever the price they are willing to pay....The viaduct may have some effects to the attarctiveness of the development, but there are many condos that is beside AYE,PIE etc that are selling at much higher price.....if developments are affected by on-going road/mrt works, then many other condos would have lost their value while works is going on....there are so many empty vessels around....btw CaSTLE GREEN NEXT DOOR, 947sqf sold at 800K or 845psf......so Nuovo at 700 psf or less is a real bargain.....

mantrix
31-05-11, 07:06
..don't you think all this doom-sayers are making no sense? Location wise compare wit 8coutyard, way up in Yishun near sembawang is asking for higher psf.....this is within AMK..... people are making comments without proper knowledge, buyers do not make hasty decisions, there must be reasons to compel them to buy at whatever the price they are willing to pay....The viaduct may have some effects to the attarctiveness of the development, but there are many condos that is beside AYE,PIE etc that are selling at much higher price.....if developments are affected by on-going road/mrt works, then many other condos would have lost their value while works is going on....there are so many empty vessels around....btw CaSTLE GREEN NEXT DOOR, 947sqf sold at 800K or 845psf......so Nuovo at 700 psf or less is a real bargain.....

Look at my post again - I am saying PH at 2443 sq ft with 3 BR selling at 700+psf is ridiculous. Also, this is an EC - so cannot sell to the loaded foreigners yet since it's not fully privatised. Also, NSE is eating into the space of this condo - castle green not as affected and taking the highest psf sold does not equate to the average sentiment on the ground.

The same thing is happening to Seletaris by the way.

kane
31-05-11, 09:04
I visit this condo often, poolside is great place to chill out. But I'm not so certain when you have a highway there, and of cos the construction process will be a pain. So frankly, I don't know why condos next to highways in other parts of the island are worth so much.

Terese
31-05-11, 09:54
not worth buying this project as it is way too high and too much inconvenice due to NSE. imagine if it is such a gd thing with NSE they should nt be making so much noise to press. high price is due to mkting by agent but whoever buy it bless you. anyway understand that the maintenace/sinking fees for this project is expected to go up as the Bal Sheet is rather low due to painting last yr, thus with this compensation i doubt it goes to individual but to sinking fund.

buyer do your homework!! and whoever just buy recently god bless :2cents:

Lovelle
31-05-11, 09:59
what is the rental are they fetching?

Terese
31-05-11, 10:03
what is the rental are they fetching?
Used to be high but now....less than 3k. frenz just rented out at 2.4k (lelong rental) sigh.

devilplate
31-05-11, 10:04
Used to be high but now....less than 3k. frenz just rented out at 2.4k (lelong rental) sigh.

2.4k for a 3bedder?

Terese
31-05-11, 10:09
2.4k for a 3bedder? Yes but nt FF, pool view somemore.

Did ask why dont sell it earlier on as he thot govt will pay gd compensation by making noise in press or see MPs etc but then now realise is oni 1k so stuck there. anyway seem like they will make more "feedback" to create awareness. apparently this is the only project affected by NSE that keep going to press. Dont sure what they up to?? :tsk-tsk:

Lovelle
31-05-11, 10:11
tenant taking advantage leh. construction hasn't start

devilplate
31-05-11, 10:11
Yes but nt FF, pool view somemore.

tats really low....:scared-1:

or ur fren's unit very poor maintained:confused:

5rm hdb flat fetch 2-2.5k

Terese
31-05-11, 10:23
tats really low....:scared-1:

or ur fren's unit very poor maintained:confused:

5rm hdb flat fetch 2-2.5k

used to be a nice homely feeling place but after MOP a lot of "FT" there and ppl are no longer friendly due to low funds and questioning by residents to MCST. thus a lot of residents sell their property since they are earning at least 300+psf. each of them earning at least about 500K as they have brought it very cheap back then.

anyway NSE is nthg new to them dont think they should make a big fuss about it. quite a number of residents are aware of it prior to buying nuovo but they thought it is at the opposite plot of land.:banghead:

mantrix
31-05-11, 12:52
i agree this is near to MRT.

But that is probably the only pro. Now with all the FTs and most of the TCS celebs already cashed out, nothing much to boast.

A fresh coat of brown paint helped, but the logo of the condo still in its funky blue does not match the facade.

Anyway good luck to those who wants to buy the PHs at 700++psf or the normal units at 900 psf...

linchong84
31-05-11, 14:35
2.4k per month for 3 bedder condo in amk is a crazy huh? Somemore it is 300m away from YCK MRT. And the NSE construction won't start until 2 years later which the rental probably would have ended, ie the tenant is not affected.

Your friend doing charity?!:doh:

Terese
31-05-11, 16:00
2.4k per month for 3 bedder condo in amk is a crazy huh? Somemore it is 300m away from YCK MRT. And the NSE construction won't start until 2 years later which the rental probably would have ended, ie the tenant is not affected.

Your friend doing charity?!:doh:
suspect he is doing short term rent so that if there is "goon" buyer, he will just simply sell it. :cool1:

well according to him at least can cover the maintenance and sinking fund which is expected to rise this year. Nuovo funds apparently is high, about 350 per mth at the moment. (correct me if i am wrong). anyway on paper he is already 'earning'.

Lovelle
31-05-11, 16:15
all these people just spoil the market by anyhow price their rental.

devilplate
31-05-11, 16:36
suspect he is doing short term rent so that if there is "goon" buyer, he will just simply sell it. :cool1:

well according to him at least can cover the maintenance and sinking fund which is expected to rise this year. Nuovo funds apparently is high, about 350 per mth at the moment. (correct me if i am wrong). anyway on paper he is already 'earning'.
Short term lease shd b higher in fact....can charge 500-1k more for 3-6mths lease

fclim
31-05-11, 17:08
the pool may or may not be affected. apparently there's a bit of grass patch and walkway. i think rarely do tunneling projects take one year. Anyone living in paya lebar can shed some light how long did KPE take?

Construction of KPE started in 2001 and fully completed in 2008. For some sections, e.g. the cross junction before Paya Lebar Airbase, I remember the whole place was boarded up for easily 3 to 4 years.

It's not just the contruction phases. The entire NSE will last 7 years. This will affect the stretch of roads along AMK, Thomson road, Marymount road and others for 7 years. You will have to put up with the inconvenience and traffic jams leaving and coming home.

But, it may not be all that bad. Traffic at the current Woodsville underpass construction appears manageable.

fclim
31-05-11, 17:12
On second thoughts, the Woodsville example could be because quite a number uses the KPE which is the alternative to the NE areas. But with NSE, the alternative to the north is CTE which will become much worse, unless those living in Yishun/Woodlands use the KPE and TPE.

kane
31-05-11, 21:53
3-4 years sounds like MRT line construction as well.

the chap who rented it out for 2.4k really got the short end of the stick. the tenant got really lucky.

HDB 5 room rate with full facilities, swimming pool, tennis court, etc.

danntbt
01-06-11, 06:36
Look at my post again - I am saying PH at 2443 sq ft with 3 BR selling at 700+psf is ridiculous. Also, this is an EC - so cannot sell to the loaded foreigners yet since it's not fully privatised. Also, NSE is eating into the space of this condo - castle green not as affected and taking the highest psf sold does not equate to the average sentiment on the ground.

The same thing is happening to Seletaris by the way.

.....the price is comparable to Mi Casa at CCK, and its AMK, Even HDB here is way higher than CCK, by about 20%? True its an EC, but with the new stamp fees imposed for selling within 5 yrs, the EC status would be converted by the time the stamp duties period expire.

...the recent low rental case is probably a case of panicky and desperate owner, even EM at Ulu Jrg West at Jalan Bahar fetch above 2K........possibly the owner read too much into what people are saying in the forum.

devilplate
01-06-11, 08:22
Hmmm mi casa likely to hit 850-900psf upon TOP....oasis at elias oredi 850psf....

linchong84
01-06-11, 13:02
Park Green and Nuovo around same age and born as EC. Yet both are now commanding around the same price. One is in amk near YCK MRT. The other one is in Sengkang not near MRT. Something doesn't add up. Are the facilities in Nuovo half-baked or badly maintained?

Terese
01-06-11, 13:29
Park Green and Nuovo around same age and born as EC. Yet both are now commanding around the same price. One is in amk near YCK MRT. The other one is in Sengkang not near MRT. Something doesn't add up. Are the facilities in Nuovo half-baked or badly maintained?

Wat's half-baked huh?? well nuovo is coming 7yrs of course things are starting to fall apart, warranty over etc. Thus more $$ is needed to maintain the estate. Amount of funds collecting is currently the same thus a matter of time they will increase.

Anyway i am trying to coax him to sell cheap to me so that i can rent higher price but yet i am not willing to be tied down by the Stamp Fees ruling. hope govt will come out something abt this stamp fee thingy. :2cents:

ysyap
01-06-11, 20:09
Wat's half-baked huh?? well nuovo is coming 7yrs of course things are starting to fall apart, warranty over etc. Thus more $$ is needed to maintain the estate. Amount of funds collecting is currently the same thus a matter of time they will increase.

Anyway i am trying to coax him to sell cheap to me so that i can rent higher price but yet i am not willing to be tied down by the Stamp Fees ruling. hope govt will come out something abt this stamp fee thingy. :2cents:Unlikely that govt will remove the stamp fee thingy... it is there for a very good reason however they may tweak it with exceptions, etc... this SSD has been extremely effective in eradicating flippers... they are extinct but if 4 yr SSD is removed, these flippers suddenly resurrect and the housing market will become extremely volatile again... :p

Terese
31-12-11, 12:14
It will be dusty and will have more cracks in the units in Nuovo due to vibration and construction from the expressway. In fact, there are 51 postings in property guru this week. What is that so ? Think. Everyone is moving out in Nuovo , I suspect. I am willing to. Uh a u it there if it is about S$ 500 per sqft . Seven years projects things fall aparts, pool side chairs missing, dark in the night where elderly will tend to trip and fall, the guard not friendly. I visited one of my friends one week ago and he told me the estate is getting terrible!

I just listen and felt sorry for hk and resident staying there.

ysyap
31-12-11, 12:18
It will be dusty and will have more cracks in the units in Nuovo due to vibration and construction from the expressway. In fact, there are 51 postings in property guru this week. What is that so ? Think. Everyone is moving out in Nuovo , I suspect. I am willing to. Uh a u it there if it is about S$ 500 per sqft . Seven years projects things fall aparts, pool side chairs missing, dark in the night where elderly will tend to trip and fall, the guard not friendly. I visited one of my friends one week ago and he told me the estate is getting terrible!

I just listen and felt sorry for hk and resident staying there.They are the unwilling sacrifice in exchange for driving convenience for Singaporeans... I sympathize with the residents of this project. :(

zzz1
31-12-11, 17:53

I just listen and felt sorry for hk and resident staying there.
The condo manager need to be sacked , wonder which agent running the maintenance ?

solsys
31-12-11, 20:33
You guys trying drive fear and buy cheap is it?

zzz1
31-12-11, 21:30
You guys trying drive fear and buy cheap is it?
Yea yea... Need few more posting and can get 50% off the asking price liao ..
Forum tcss very influenience wan. :D

Sleepyhead
10-06-12, 01:16
IMHO, don't quite agree with why Nuovo should cost more than nearby Seasons Park.

Nuovo may be nearer to MrT but but that's it. MCST not great with shoddy work in past years, so the effects are pretty apparent, compared to SP which has a fantastic MCST. Well maintained throughout.

Nuovo will be suffering the construction of the expressway for many years to come. SP is tranquil and has a peaceful resort feel...

Just me :2cents: ... Based on personal experience... Not vested.

wind30
12-06-12, 22:18
IMHO, don't quite agree with why Nuovo should cost more than nearby Seasons Park.

Nuovo may be nearer to MrT but but that's it. MCST not great with shoddy work in past years, so the effects are pretty apparent, compared to SP which has a fantastic MCST. Well maintained throughout.

Nuovo will be suffering the construction of the expressway for many years to come. SP is tranquil and has a peaceful resort feel...

Just me :2cents: ... Based on personal experience... Not vested.

Both are 99 lh. I think seasons is older by 10 years? I agree seasons is better. I used to stay in nuovo