PDA

View Full Version : Forest Hills Condo

mantrix
02-02-11, 03:45
Thought I'll post a thread about this condo - am always looking for bargains in far north.

This is a 128-unit small development with balinese facade, and has been around for 6 years. Next to Nee Soon Camp (ulu) and the only condo in the Springleaf vicinity (ulu)

I chanced upon this cos was looking at condos that are not affected by the new NSE and did some checking - realised asking prices have not increased that much from original buying price (cos ulu)

Cons:

1) Ulu

2) No good schools nearby (in fact, no schools at all within 1km!!)

3) No amenities (unless 7-11 counts which in right in front of doorstep)

4) Next to nee soon camp (I'll just put that as a con)

Potential:

1) Still cheap (500++ to 600psf nia, and it's not EC)

2) Ulu (condos that shoot up the most are in previously ulu locations :p) and quiet location (close to Mandai reservoir so air quite good)

3) Future thomson line will revamp the area

4) Nearby condos about to TOP asking for 1K++ psf

So granted, it is not a fantastic place to reside or even invest right now as you'll have a hard time finding tenants, but I foresee this place to have potential upside in the next couple of years. Springleaf has always been quiet with a charm of its own and their landed prices have increased significantly - I think it is only a matter of time for forest hills to catch up. Better make my prediction here first so can look back in 1,2 years' time. :D

more units are up for grabs now, maybe cos the owners are upgrading or their kids are close to primary school age. Comments anyone (especially from residents of Springleaf)?

zzz1
02-02-11, 09:09
Not sure if you notice, every morning when the camp step up the security check, the road leading to transit road is jam up and the resident in the condo is affected.
I had viewed it during when was launched, the unit look a bit small but that is subjective.

There a speculation that future Thomson line MRT will have a station near hong lim area…Anyway still a speculation and don bet too much on it.

Overall the environment within, I felt it is nice, and lot of greenry…
That IMO

mantrix
02-02-11, 10:29
Not sure if you notice, every morning when the camp step up the security check, the road leading to transit road is jam up and the resident in the condo is affected.
I had viewed it during when was launched, the unit look a bit small but that is subjective.

There a speculation that future Thomson line MRT will have a station near hong lim area…Anyway still a speculation and don bet too much on it.

Overall the environment within, I felt it is nice, and lot of greenry…
That IMO

Yeah I noticed that last time when the camp was designated for BMT but hasn't that quietened down a tad now that all BMT is in Tekong?

I do know there's gonna be the Thomson line running through for sure , just the exact location of the station is open for speculation.

What I like about it is that it is so ulu that things can only get better, not worse :)

Still on lookout for any firesales from this place ;)

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 10:46
LH. By MRT up, 10 years gone? U want to push, have to find positive points.

Regulators
02-02-11, 10:56
i would be wary of condos beside army camps, barracks or even mindef as in the case of glendale. hard to increase plot ratio in future.

Thought I'll post a thread about this condo - am always looking for bargains in far north.

This is a 128-unit small development with balinese facade, and has been around for 6 years. Next to Nee Soon Camp (ulu) and the only condo in the Springleaf vicinity (ulu)

I chanced upon this cos was looking at condos that are not affected by the new NSE and did some checking - realised asking prices have not increased that much from original buying price (cos ulu)

Cons:

1) Ulu

2) No good schools nearby (in fact, no schools at all within 1km!!)

3) No amenities (unless 7-11 counts which in right in front of doorstep)

4) Next to nee soon camp (I'll just put that as a con)

Potential:

1) Still cheap (500++ to 600psf nia, and it's not EC)

2) Ulu (condos that shoot up the most are in previously ulu locations :p) and quiet location (close to Mandai reservoir so air quite good)

3) Future thomson line will revamp the area

4) Nearby condos about to TOP asking for 1K++ psf

So granted, it is not a fantastic place to reside or even invest right now as you'll have a hard time finding tenants, but I foresee this place to have potential upside in the next couple of years. Springleaf has always been quiet with a charm of its own and their landed prices have increased significantly - I think it is only a matter of time for forest hills to catch up. Better make my prediction here first so can look back in 1,2 years' time. :D

more units are up for grabs now, maybe cos the owners are upgrading or their kids are close to primary school age. Comments anyone (especially from residents of Springleaf)?

mantrix
02-02-11, 11:06
LH. By MRT up, 10 years gone? U want to push, have to find positive points.

MRT is up by 2018 (by then condo will be 14 yrs old) but you dun need to wait till then. Once the TL is announced you can sell up for some cap gains already, maybe in a couple years time. Usually when MRT announced there is a jump of 10-15% in asking prices. Hold for 4 yrs just nice.

mantrix
02-02-11, 11:07
i would be wary of condos beside army camps, barracks or even mindef as in the case of glendale. hard to increase plot ratio in future.

Are you talking about en-bloc? Hard here as this is a LH and not really in a strategic area (unlike D'Leedon) - future collective sale will not be this condo's selling point anyway

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 16:11
MRT is up by 2018 (by then condo will be 14 yrs old) but you dun need to wait till then. Once the TL is announced you can sell up for some cap gains already, maybe in a couple years time. Usually when MRT announced there is a jump of 10-15% in asking prices. Hold for 4 yrs just nice.
Yes, was looking at it before new SSD, now not worth it at all.

If got rental can still consider.. It's really quiet there for now.

Last investors who bought for mrt line may have to hold till mrt is up as buyers will not buy until mrt line is announced.

Your unit? Marketing it?

mantrix
02-02-11, 17:00
Yes, was looking at it before new SSD, now not worth it at all.

If got rental can still consider.. It's really quiet there for now.

Last investors who bought for mrt line may have to hold till mrt is up as buyers will not buy until mrt line is announced.

Your unit? Marketing it?

No but am looking at buying a unit thr...I can hold for 4 years till SSD not valid but I will worry about rental yield since it really is too ulu - no point using own money to finance it for 4 years

Else now in far north no other condo has that much potential for price appreciation...unless Yishun Emerald or Sapphire (but buy before 8courtyard launch)

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 17:15
Yup, late, should move in earlier. It's hindsight but nevertheless.

Go for FH landed next door if die die want to buy, but beware of mrt acquisitions...

zzz1
03-02-11, 09:43
Yeah I noticed that last time when the camp was designated for BMT but hasn't that quietened down a tad now that all BMT is in Tekong?

I do know there's gonna be the Thomson line running through for sure , just the exact location of the station is open for speculation.

What I like about it is that it is so ulu that things can only get better, not worse :)

Still on lookout for any firesales from this place ;)

It still jammed up now and then ley...

yap...i like the quiteness too... also walking distance to Ampang Yong Tao fu..., reserviour/executive driving range.

mantrix
03-02-11, 16:06

yap...i like the quiteness too... also walking distance to Ampang Yong Tao fu..., reserviour/executive driving range.

I counted - got 3 ampang yong tau hu also dunno which is real!

Yah, if road jam is gonna be a problem, see if I can catch this happening - obviously if u dun drive is good, but ulu place like that must drive liao :(

Regulators
03-02-11, 18:49
Am pang yong tau hu apart from the size of the pieces, the taste not much dif leh. I ate a couple of times and decided to just stick to the normal yong tau hu

zzz1
03-02-11, 19:51
I counted - got 3 ampang yong tau hu also dunno which is real!

Yah, if road jam is gonna be a problem, see if I can catch this happening - obviously if u dun drive is good, but ulu place like that must drive liao :(
In fact none is real .
I usually eat the middle wan , plus their kaychap and duck meat is better compairing d rest.

I had tried the ampangs' at japan ampang kl. Went to the backtoilet and saw the kitchen. They were scrapping the fishmeat to make the fishball. And the bone were used to boil the soap. Oh my .... The food is superb..

zzz1
03-02-11, 19:59
Am pang yong tau hu apart from the size of the pieces, the taste not much dif leh. I ate a couple of times and decided to just stick to the normal yong tau hu
The importance of ampang Yong tao Fu is the gravy and the soup that come with it which is missing there. The gravy is Just starch plaste .
If you got chance try the kl jalan ampang Yong tao Fu,is at the outer circle, aft the ampang point and in the heartland

KarenK
04-02-11, 20:40
I stayed in the area for 18 years before moving out coz I got married. Even then I'm back everyday to send my son to my parents' place. Trust me, the Nee Soon Camp jam is still there although not everyday. When it happens, the jam will stretch all the way to the mandai road junction & I see army boys alighting along sembawang road to walk in. Can't imagine how it is for the forest hill resident who's rushing to go to work, or is stuck in the queue leading into transit road trying to go back coz there is no other way in

went to view the showflat when it was launched. I remember the living room & dining room were of a good size but the bedrooms were unimaginably small. I remember an agent trying to justify that the rooms "are small but of a good size". I felt like asking her a good size for who? barbie doll? :D

kingkong1984
04-02-11, 21:38
Help a bit, buy the smallest unit and treat it as retirement home. No need to drive too. Free security outside.

mantrix
04-02-11, 21:51
I stayed in the area for 18 years before moving out coz I got married. Even then I'm back everyday to send my son to my parents' place. Trust me, the Nee Soon Camp jam is still there although not everyday. When it happens, the jam will stretch all the way to the mandai road junction & I see army boys alighting along sembawang road to walk in. Can't imagine how it is for the forest hill resident who's rushing to go to work, or is stuck in the queue leading into transit road trying to go back coz there is no other way in

went to view the showflat when it was launched. I remember the living room & dining room were of a good size but the bedrooms were unimaginably small. I remember an agent trying to justify that the rooms "are small but of a good size". I felt like asking her a good size for who? barbie doll? :D

Aren't you the one who bought Meadows@Peirce? Would that be a better investment?

kingkong1984
05-02-11, 07:14
Aren't you the one who bought Meadows@Peirce? Would that be a better investment?
Yes... She did an assets switch. You will know she wins on;
LH versus FH
Nearer to town
Nearer to hawker centre with a wider selection
Nearer to town
Nearer to park
New design
New condo
New neighbors.
Good move I would say, esp when one day both gets mrt.

mantrix
05-02-11, 09:01
Yes... She did an assets switch. You will know she wins on;
LH versus FH
Nearer to town
Nearer to hawker centre with a wider selection
Nearer to town
Nearer to park
New design
New condo
New neighbors.
Good move I would say, esp when one day both gets mrt.
Forest Hills 3 bedder asking for 600psf.

Meadows at Peirce 3 bedder asking for 1100psf.

Would you be willing to pay 500psf extra for a brand-new FH condo 5 minutes drive away, despite what you said (which i don't disagree with, except for the part on new neighbors)

I think if you read her post again, she did not do any asset switch - she was living in that area, not in Forest Hills condo - so no win or lose for her (this is not about winning anyways)

My question was if that was a good investment - by which i meant what is the potential for upside. If Meadows at Peirce can sell at 1500psf in 4 years' time then it makes sense (especially if Forest Hills, over same time-frame, can only sell at 700-800psf)

ps: Please dun tell me each condo has it strengths and weaknesses and buy if i am eager, hold if i am not, only time will tell etc hor :D

kingkong1984
05-02-11, 15:33
Ok, now we are talking.

Don't talk about Karen, she can comment if she wants.

As to your question, buying for self stay is irrational. Guys don't get it, stupid bag costing more than 10K. Guys would rather spend it on wine costing more than 10K. So my point is, self consumption cannot be a good investment decision because emotions are involved. Different value placed.

I do agree forest hills more attractive for investment but the point remains. Now is not the time due to SSD. Later also as Priced in. Only those who entered before SSD can be considered as making good investment decisions. Hong Heng mansions across the street and FH is a better candidate over Forrest Hills (FH)

KarenK
05-02-11, 19:58
I'm surprised that I'm still remembered as I hardly hang around this forum :ashamed1:

Yes, I bought Meadows @ Peirce but it was for owner-occupation and long term. In the longterm, any pty will be worth more than it is now. I bought it as it is 5mins drive away from my parents who are the caregivers for my kid.

Having the thomson line & NSE nearby are both bonuses for my pty :spliff:

I'm merely giving my 2 cents' worth wrt Forest Hill as I am familiar with the area. Frankly it might not be too bad for tenancy since it's near the bus-stop and a tenant will likely not drive so the morning jam to nee soon camp will not affect your tenant too much. However personally I will not stay there as the jam outside nee soon camp will drive me nuts :banghead:

kingkong1984
05-02-11, 20:25
Yes, u r remembered. Long term is a winner.
Must hope that there no emergencies else 24hr alert.
Very big army camp, a lot of people can gather there.

mantrix
05-02-11, 23:22
Ok, now we are talking.

Don't talk about Karen, she can comment if she wants.

As to your question, buying for self stay is irrational. Guys don't get it, stupid bag costing more than 10K. Guys would rather spend it on wine costing more than 10K. So my point is, self consumption cannot be a good investment decision because emotions are involved. Different value placed.

I do agree forest hills more attractive for investment but the point remains. Now is not the time due to SSD. Later also as Priced in. Only those who entered before SSD can be considered as making good investment decisions. Hong Heng mansions across the street and FH is a better candidate over Forrest Hills (FH)

Yup that was my point all along. By the way I will never buy bags or wine past 1K, let alone 10. Most I spent on a bottle of wine was 42 bucks and it was very good already.

My objective of starting the thread was to gauge if Forest Hills was a good investment, not own stay - thought I was quite clear on that? Anyway I agree those who entered before SSD stands to gain but the thing is, SSD rules apply to all across the board for those who buy now - any guarantee it will go away? Even if it does, due to inflation, prices will still have increased in a couple of years time - see what I mean? Rather than hang back and hope for it to go away, one might as well buy now if the investment is relatively safe and in 4 years time maybe sell (and this is where rental yield comes in - it has to cover the instalments at least)

So far only one person who has stayed there previously has commented - I am not very confident that if I buy and rent out the tenant will be happy taking bus - most likely he will drive. Assuming I buy a 3 bedder at 800K I need to rent out at 2.8K to cover - again not confident here. Guess gotta monitor and see - but among all condos in the north this is by far one of the most undervalued (was also looking at castle green but after NSE's impact can forget liao) ;)

mantrix
05-02-11, 23:24
I'm surprised that I'm still remembered as I hardly hang around this forum :ashamed1:

Yes, I bought Meadows @ Peirce but it was for owner-occupation and long term. In the longterm, any pty will be worth more than it is now. I bought it as it is 5mins drive away from my parents who are the caregivers for my kid.

Having the thomson line & NSE nearby are both bonuses for my pty :spliff:

I'm merely giving my 2 cents' worth wrt Forest Hill as I am familiar with the area. Frankly it might not be too bad for tenancy since it's near the bus-stop and a tenant will likely not drive so the morning jam to nee soon camp will not affect your tenant too much. However personally I will not stay there as the jam outside nee soon camp will drive me nuts :banghead:

Yes congratz on your purchase, it was at a real good price :)

Also, when one buys a prop for self-occupation it is always worth as long as your heart feels right :)

kingkong1984
06-02-11, 08:31
For rental, people like it new and near amenities.
Any reason why people go for it there? Seletaris is better than this and quite popular. Unless it is real cheap...

SSD will be removed later.

ecimbew
06-02-11, 08:51
Government to pump in $20 billion to improve MRT network

The government will spend another 20 billion dollars to build two more MRT Lines and extend the current MRT network.

In the second part of the Land Transport Review, Transport Minister Raymond Lim announced the changes in the rail industry, which includes doubling the current rail network.

Mr Lim says that by 2020, the aim is to allow commuters in the city to reach an MRT station within a five minute walk.

The two new MRT lines which will be fully underground are :

An 18-station Thomson Line, which will travel northwards through the Central Business District , up through Ang Mo Kio to Woodlands.

It will connect estates such as Sin Ming, Kebun Baru, Thomson and Kim Seng.

There will also be a Eastern Region Line which will add another 12 stations to the MRT network.

This line will run from Marina Bay to Changi, passing by Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast.

In addition, the existing lines will also be extended.

The North-South line, which currently ends at the Marina Bay, will run another kilometre southwards to serve the upcoming developments in the southern Marina Bay area.

The East-West line will also be extended by another 14 kilometres to Tuas.

The Land Transport Authority says that in all, the rail network in 2020 will be able to carry 3 times more journeys than today.

There are also plans to open stages of the Circle Line and Downtown line earlier than previously scheduled.

Stage 3 of the circle line which runs in the north, will open by the middle of next year, instead of 2010.

Residents of Bedok Reservoir and Tampines will also benefit as the Downtown line Stage 3 will be brought forward by 2 years, to open in 2016.

The first stage of the Downtown line is expected to open in five years' time.

Jan 25, 2008
Govt to accelerate MRT expansion
Two new lines to double network length to 278km by 2020; first stage of Circle Line to open next year
By Christopher Tan

IN what could well be Singapore's most aggressive public transport infrastructure plans ever, the Government is spending $40 billion to double the MRT network by 2020.

By then, Singapore will have 278km of rail link, from 138km today. Its network density will rise from 31km per million residents today to 51km per million - surpassing what Hong Kong and Tokyo has today and comparable to current densities in places like New York and London.

Announcing these targets on Friday as part of a sweeping Land Transport Review, Transport Minister Raymond Lim said two new lines will be built - barely nine months after he gave the go-ahead to the $12 billion 40km Downtown Line.

One, the Thomson Line, runs to the left of and almost parallel to the North-east Line. It is 27km long and links Marina Bay in the south to Woodlands in the north. To be completed in 2018, it will have 18 stations, in places such as Ang Mo Kio, Kebun Baru, Sin Ming, Thomson and Kim Seng.

The other is the Eastern Region Line, which is a southern loop of the Downtown Line's eastern wing. It is 21km long and links Marina Bay to Changi. This line has 12 stops in places such as Tanjong Rhu, Siglap, Bedok South and Marine Parade, and is scheduled for completion in 2020.

'We expect our rail network to carry three times as many journeys, rising from today's 1.4 million a day to 4.6 million in 2020,' Mr Lim said.

Existing MRT lines will also be lengthened. The North South Line will dip towards Marina South, with one station, and should be ready by 2015. Elsewhere, the East West Line will go west to serve the Tuas Industrial Estate. Also to be ready in 2015, it is 14km long and dotted with five stations.

More immediately though, Mr Lim said residents can look forward to riding one stage of the Circle Line from middle of next year. This stage is a five-station section linking Bartley to Marymount, with interchanges at Serangoon and Bishan.

Completion of the Downtown Line has also been brought forward by two years to 2016.

The accelerated rail plans are attributable to a new financing framework for rail infrastructure. Instead of assessing the viability of new lines in isolation, the Government will now evaluate its contribution to the entire network. As such, future MRT projects could be implemented 'a few years earlier... so long as the entire rail network remains viable'.

Like changes he announced for buses last week, the minister said the Government will introduce more competition to the rail industry. Operating contracts will be 10 to 15 years long, instead of the current 30-year tenures. This is to keep the operators on their toes so that they keep service standards high.

In line with Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's promise that no one would be left behind, accessibility to wheelchairs and prams will likewise be speeded up. By 2010, access to MRT stations, taxi and bus shelters will be barrier free within a 400m radius. Because there are 4,500 bus-stops here, practically all walkways will be accessible to the handicapped, elderly and those using baby prams.

And by 2010, 40 per cent of public buses will be wheelchair accessible, with the rest to follow by 2020.

The minister took the opportunity to announce other transport-related initiatives during a visit to the Kim Chuan MRT Depot on Friday morning. These include:

• July: A single telephone number for booking a cab.

• March: Six-month trial for foldable bicycles to be allowed onboard MRT trains during off-peak periods.

• Next year: Better bicycle parking facilities at MRT stations, starting with Tampines and Pasir Ris.

• March: Road signs warning motorists of cyclists in popular bicycle routes.

• 2014: All taxis to meet Euro IV emission standards.

• 2020: All buses to meet Euro IV emission standards.

On what commuters can look forward to in the coming years, Mr Lim said: 'By 2020, people who live or work in the city and those who shop and find enjoyment there will be able to reach an MRT station within 400 metres on average, a mere five-minute walk.

'Travelling across the city will be a breeze, because we will have a dense network of MRT stations like what we see in London and New York today.'

He added: 'With a vast rail network and a bus network that works in partnership with rail, commuters will have fast and reliable connections that bring them where they want to go. A gamut of transport choices including premium buses, taxis and cycling among others, will enable different needs to be met.'

The Minister said as society evolves and people's needs change, Singapore's land transport offerings must keep pace as well as encompass the diversity of needs and aspirations.

'To achieve this, we will plan our land transport system around people, not the other way round. This then will be our touchstone in the planning of land transport policies going forward,' he promised.

SPEECH BY MR RAYMOND LIM,MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT, AT THE VISIT TO KIM CHUAN DEPOT, 25 JANUARY 2008, 9.00 AM

DOUBLING OUR RAIL NETWORK

1 It is my pleasure to join you here this morning at the Kim Chuan Depot.

2 Last week, you heard about our major initiatives to improve bus services. Today, I will share with you the exciting plans that we have for the rail network, and how we will meet the transport needs of diverse groups of people.

3 Let me start by telling you what commuters can look forward to in the future.

4 By 2020, people who live or work in the city and those who shop and find enjoyment there will be able to reach an MRT station within 400m on average, a mere 5-minute walk. Travelling across the city will be a breeze, because we will have a dense network of MRT stations like what we see in London and New York today.

5 Outside the city, many more areas that are not served by the MRT now, such as Sin Ming, Marine Parade and Tuas will get high speed access to the city.

6 Commuters will also enjoy a more comfortable ride and a shorter wait during peak periods on the existing lines, as additional train trips will be added to increase capacity.

7 I will touch on the new rail lines first.

New Rail Lines to be Built

Thomson Line and Eastern Region Line

8 From the heart of Marina Bay, a new MRT line, the Thomson Line, will travel northwards, through the Central Business District and up through Ang Mo Kio all the way to Woodlands connecting estates such as Sin Ming, Kebun Baru, Thomson and Kim Seng which do not now have a direct MRT link. From Marina Bay, this line would connect with another new MRT line, the Eastern Region Line, which will serve the residential estates of Tanjong Rhu, Marine Parade, Siglap, Bedok South and Upper East Coast, and link them to Changi in the east. The Thomson Line or TSL and the Eastern Region Line or ERL together will add 48km to our rail network. The Government has given the go-ahead for the TSL to be built by 2018, and the ERL by 2020.

9 The TSL and ERL will shorten journey times and significantly enhance the connectivity of the rail network. Commuters staying in Sin Ming can save 20 minutes out of their current 45-minute journey to the city, whereas a trip from Marine Parade to Marina Bay on the ERL would take about 20 minutes, almost as fast as travelling by car.

New extensions to North-South and East-West Lines

10 We will also add extensions to the North-South and East-West Lines, which should be completed around 2015.

11 The North-South Line now ends at the Marina Bay station in the south. We will extend the line 1-km southwards to serve upcoming developments in the southern Marina Bay area, such as the new cruise terminal in Marina South.

12 The East-West Line will be extended by another 14km into Tuas. Today, a commuter who lives in Clementi and takes the MRT to work in Tuas has to alight at Boon Lay station and then take a 35-minute bus ride to get to his workplace. With the new Tuas Extension that brings the East-West line right into the heart of Tuas, more of the journey will be on the high speed MRT, reducing his journey time by 20 minutes.

Doubling of rail network by 2020

13 These new rail lines will cost us some $20 billion to build, over and above the $20 billion that government has already committed for the on-going Boon Lay Extension (BLE), the Circle Line (CCL) and the Downtown Line (DTL). The government has decided that all these rail projects are a necessary investment to ensure that our transport infrastructure meets the needs of a growing population and an expanding economy.

14 Together with the rail lines now under construction, the new rail lines will double our network from today’s 138km to 278km in 2020. We expect our rail network to carry 3 times as many journeys, rising from today’s 1.4 million a day to 4.6 million in 2020.

15 Many more people will be served by the MRT, and they will be able to use it to get to many more places. The density of our rail network will increase by 60%, from 31 to 51 km per million population by 2020, comparable to cities like New York and London, and surpassing Hong Kong and Tokyo.

A More Comfortable Ride on Existing Lines

16 Let me turn to the existing rail lines. Train ridership is increasing steadily and commuters have said that they are feeling the squeeze, especially on the North-South and East-West lines. Now, we are far from the crowded conditions of Tokyo trains, which Mr Norman Chong, a Singaporean who has lived in Tokyo for 10 years, describes as being “so packed that bodies are crushed against one another.” He calls it his “regular morning massage”. Other MRT users have likened the average peak period loading on our trains to an off-peak crowd in Shanghai.

17 However, we are not about to let conditions deteriorate and commuters need not worry about getting morning massages any time soon. LTA closely monitors the passenger loading on our trains. To ensure a more comfortable ride for commuters, LTA has worked with the train operators to run 93 additional train trips per week during the morning and evening periods from February 2008 on the North-South East-West and the North-East lines. For commuters, this will mean less crowded trains and a reduction in waiting time by about 10-15% during peak hours.

18 Beyond that, we will also expand the carrying capacity of the North-South and East-West Lines. We will be working with SMRT to purchase more trains and address infrastructure constraints so that peak hour train frequencies can be increased. When completed in about 4 years’ time, carrying capacity will be increased by a further 15%, and commuters can look forward to shorter peak waiting times of 2 minutes, compared to the current 2.5 to 4.5 minutes at stretches that experience heavy loading, and an even more comfortable ride.

A Shorter Wait for the DTL and CCL

19 Many people are counting down to the day they can use the Circle Line (CCL). Others have asked whether we can speed up the building of the Downtown Line (DTL). We have taken to heart such feedback and worked hard with the Ministry of Finance and other partners such as URA, to see how we can bring forward the opening of these lines, to make public transport a choice mode.

DTL 3 to be brought forward by 2 years

20 To benefit residents of Bedok Reservoir and Tampines, we will bring forward the completion of DTL 3 by 2 years, from 2018 to 2016. The completion date of DTL 3 will now be just one year after that of DTL Stage 2 serving the Bukit Timah corridor. As we speed up the development of the DTL, LTA will continue to maintain stringent safety and quality standards in construction.

Earlier opening of Circle Line in 2009

21 Likewise, we will bring forward the Circle Line which was due to open from 2010 onwards. We will now open Circle Line Stage 3 in mid-2009 to benefit residents in the north and north-east. This CCL segment connects Bishan station on the North-South Line and Serangoon station on NEL and opens up multiple new connections for residents in the north and north-east. With the CCL 3, Serangoon residents will take only 25 minutes to get to Yishun by transferring to the North-South line at Bishan station, compared to 45 minutes by bus or by taking the NEL all the way to Dhoby Ghaut before transferring to the North-South line. As for residents staying in Marymount, Lorong Chuan and Bartley, they will enjoy more seamless and direct travel to the city and other parts once CCL 3 commences operation.

More Circle Line stations will be opened

22 Other than bringing forward CCL 3, we will also open more stations on the Circle Line. This will enhance the reach and connectivity of the Circle Line, and allow many more people to benefit from the MRT. We had earlier decided to build the Thomson and West Coast stations as shell stations and fit them out only when there are sufficient developments around them. As the pace of development around these stations is picking up, LTA will now fit out these stations and open them together with the other CCL stations. To enhance the accessibility of the Marina Bay area to the rest of the island, LTA will also build and open the Marina Bay station as part of the CCL extension beyond Bayfront station in 2012.

23 With all these developments that I have highlighted, commuters can look forward to new extensions or stages of new lines opening almost every other year until 2020.

Platform Screen Doors for Above-ground Stations

24 The safety of our rail commuters is key. The incidence of people entering the train track area of above-ground MRT stations has risen from an average of 16 cases a year to 30 in 2006 and 31 in 2007. Besides endangering lives, such incidents disrupt train services and inconvenience many commuters, especially during peak hours.

25 To enhance safety and reduce the incidence of track intrusions, LTA has been studying the feasibility of installing platform screen doors on above-ground MRT stations. With platform screen doors being adopted in more transit systems worldwide, their cost has fallen, making them more cost-effective now.

26 We will therefore install platform screen doors at all above-ground MRT stations, so that commuters can have safer and more reliable train services. LTA will carry out a pilot at Yishun, Jurong East and Pasir Ris stations in 2009 to ensure that operational considerations are met, before rolling this out to all stations by 2012.

Rail Financing and Industry Frameworks to be Strengthened

27 Besides the slew of initiatives I have described - extending the rail network, opening MRT lines earlier and giving commuters more comfortable and safer rides - we will also strengthen the financing framework to facilitate rail expansion. At the same time, we will introduce greater contestability in the rail industry to ensure efficient rail operations and keep costs competitive.

Review financing framework to support rail expansion

28 From now till 2020 and beyond, we are rolling out ambitious rail expansion plans to meet the travel needs of a growing population.

29 As we expand the rail network, future lines will be more expensive to build, operate and maintain as they will be mostly underground. New lines will also need time to build up their ridership, compared to mature lines which serve the more densely built-up corridors. Hence, to keep up the pace of rail expansion, MOT will work with the Ministry of Finance to refine the financing framework. The framework should allow for a network approach, instead of a line approach, to be adopted in evaluating new lines. This would potentially enable future new lines to be implemented a few years earlier than otherwise, so long as the entire rail network remains viable.

Greater contestability in the rail industry

30 We will also strengthen the rail industry framework to enhance efficiency and maintain cost competitiveness.

31 We currently have two rail operators. This enables the regulator to benchmark the operators against each other in terms of service standards and cost efficiency.

32 There have been suggestions to merge the separate rail operations to reap greater economies of scale. Others see value in retaining the existing structure, as competition between the operators helps improve efficiency and service standards.

33 Following an extensive study, LTA’s assessment is that the key issue here is not so much whether there are one or two operators but that the threat of competition must be real to the incumbents. Further, competition must not compromise the integration of the network as the seamless working of the whole network is what gives value to the commuter.

34 Going forward, we will make the rail industry more contestable, to drive efficiency and enhance service standards for commuters. A key step in enhancing contestability is to have shorter operating licences, say 10 to 15 years, compared to the existing 30-year licence periods. Operators will compete for the right to operate rail services. They will have to meet service obligations or risk being replaced at the end of their term. LTA will study the implementation issues carefully with relevant stakeholders.

ecimbew
06-02-11, 08:57
You guys should read and follow skyscraper forum too because that's where these contractors who are looking for worthy tenders will talk.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=574137&page=65

ecimbew
06-02-11, 09:15
If going by what these contractors say is true then caldecott station (at to toa payoh rise) is likely to be an interchange for circle line and Thomson line, braddell hill estate has en bloc potential. Stevens road near st Joseph will have a station. It will end at marina bay. Orchard might be another interchange.

mantrix
06-02-11, 11:53
For rental, people like it new and near amenities.
Any reason why people go for it there? Seletaris is better than this and quite popular. Unless it is real cheap...

SSD will be removed later.

I have rented to expats working in the north, sembawang shipyard / seletar area - some of them like modern facade, some like traditional style (why else do you think those shops in tanglin selling oriental decorations doing so well?) - and some like the place to be laid-back.

What's your experience on Seletaris? Upside of seletaris is gone (last time at 400psf++) thanks to Canberra Residence. But because it is freehold there will still be people banking on the place. But with NSE going to seriously affect that place in 2 years it will be harder to find tenants, much less buyers. Can watch out for fire-sales though.

Yes, and there is issue of price - 2.5K to 2.8K for 3 bedder is not hard to find - there are those who only have this budget and since they can expense the cab fare to work everyday, they dun need to stay in a condo next to mrt that costs them 3.5K a month.

Amenities for Forest Hills are not fantastic, but decent - 7-11 at the doorstep, a number of eateries and a 'supermart' walking distance away so not too bad.

Thomson line being all underground makes this worth considering.

kingkong1984
06-02-11, 12:17
Agree that upside is capped. Seletaris was a good buy at 4xx psf.

No living and rental exp there.

Forrest hill for self stay is good, provided no kids and driving.

How would this fare with 8 courtyards with shuttle bus?

mantrix
06-02-11, 12:40
Agree that upside is capped. Seletaris was a good buy at 4xx psf.

No living and rental exp there.

Forrest hill for self stay is good, provided no kids and driving.

How would this fare with 8 courtyards with shuttle bus?

You provided a list of points earlier justifying why Meadows at Peirce was better - some points were it's newer, better designed, closer to town - these points can be used for Forest Hills versus Seletaris. But again, not apple to apple comparison since not in same vicinity (else I should be using the next nearest for comparison, that of Euphony Gardens)

This is not the seletaris thread so I won't post much but they will be subject to noise from NSE construction apart from the ongoing helicopter noise since they lie straight in the flight paths.

I wouldn't know abt 8courtyards since I have not checked out that area but I am certain the launch price will put me off (like CR) from buying. Besides you'll need to wait for TOP.

If Forest Hills give the impression it's good for self-stay perhaps potential tenants without kids may find it appealing - let me check on the reported jams and verify if it's that bad....

kingkong1984
06-02-11, 13:05
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3000332/for-sale-forest-hills-condo

2.5k only. Psf 600 only. Can buy for self stay.

mantrix
06-02-11, 13:27
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3000332/for-sale-forest-hills-condo

2.5k only. Psf 600 only. Can buy for self stay.

2.5K is not current market price for rental - i looked at the caveats it seems 3 bedders are either 1163 sq ft or 1227 sq ft.

This is a ground floor unit which explains why the psf seemed cheaper than norm thanks to the PES - highest psf for this condo reached was 624 psf.

I will be happy to pay 600 psf for a decent 3rd / 4th floor 3 BR though...which should work out to be around 700K...but still gotta monitor the infamous jam to see the consequences before deciding anything :spliff:

kingkong1984
06-02-11, 13:42
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3067281/for-sale-forest-hills-condo

This would be it then.

This unit should be the top floor, see the bath room pic.

Got young kids, daughter and that could be the reason for moving.

House is relatively in good condition.

Seems like the seller is genuine too.

Room for negotiating is written all over.

But the buyer's kids got to be old enough to take bus before mrt is up.

zzz1
06-02-11, 14:53
2.5K is not current market price for rental - i looked at the caveats it seems 3 bedders are either 1163 sq ft or 1227 sq ft.

This is a ground floor unit which explains why the psf seemed cheaper than norm thanks to the PES - highest psf for this condo reached was 624 psf.

I will be happy to pay 600 psf for a decent 3rd / 4th floor 3 BR though...which should work out to be around 700K...but still gotta monitor the infamous jam to see the consequences before deciding anything :spliff:

If you are to check out he jam...the 'best' time is before 8.am..or between 7.30 to 8 am. There a corner coffee shop selling dim sum(nothing t shout about the dim sum) ..you can have breakfast cum monitor...as mentioned,,,is intermittend.

IMO...apart from the current attractive pfs, i felt is more for home stay...quite and green..

rental rate is so so over there..(2.8k and below for 3bedder ?)
Upside and capital appreciation wise.. betting on the MRT will be few years down the road and the development hit a decade celebration and lose out to today current new launches ...

mantrix
06-02-11, 15:27
If you are to check out he jam...the 'best' time is before 8.am..or between 7.30 to 8 am. There a corner coffee shop selling dim sum(nothing t shout about the dim sum) ..you can have breakfast cum monitor...as mentioned,,,is intermittend.

IMO...apart from the current attractive pfs, i felt is more for home stay...quite and green..

rental rate is so so over there..(2.8k and below for 3bedder ?)
Upside and capital appreciation wise.. betting on the MRT will be few years down the road and the development hit a decade celebration and lose out to today current new launches ...

Ok thanks for tip! will go check out one of these days when I too free :D

yah as long as rental 2.8K + thereabouts rental yield is above 4% so pretty decent...

kingkong1984
06-02-11, 15:32

yah as long as rental 2.8K + thereabouts rental yield is above 4% so pretty decent...

If I am not wrong, this is another freehold converted to lease hold. Dun bother to check and please correct me if I am wrong.

mantrix
06-02-11, 17:40
If I am not wrong, this is another freehold converted to lease hold. Dun bother to check and please correct me if I am wrong.

You mean MCL land bought freehold and sold LH? I thot only FEO does that.
If I don't check how to correct you if wrong? Problem is I dunno where to get started anyways :)
Not that it matters to me cos if feeehold its price may hit 800psf easily I think

kingkong1984
06-02-11, 17:52
You mean MCL land bought freehold and sold LH? I thot only FEO does that.
If I don't check how to correct you if wrong? Problem is I dunno where to get started anyways :)
Not that it matters to me cos if feeehold its price may hit 800psf easily I think
As I said, not sure.those who know please check. That area all FH right?

KarenK
07-02-11, 10:26

the jams don't happen everyday........about 2-3 times a month when the army guys all gotta book in in the morning. the jam can stretch from the camp gates downhill along transit road, sembawang road all the way to mandai road junction. on really bad days, the jams stretch past the junction & go on to upper thomson road. traffic turning left from old mandai road to sembawang road are also affected as the entire left lane of sembawang road there will be taken up by cars trying to enter transit road. middle lane is also affected by cars trying to cut through the left lane to enter the side roads there (chong kuo road etc). thus old mandai road end up being jammed too.

u gotta go several times to catch the jam sightings......

mantrix
07-02-11, 18:28
the jams don't happen everyday........about 2-3 times a month when the army guys all gotta book in in the morning. the jam can stretch from the camp gates downhill along transit road, sembawang road all the way to mandai road junction. on really bad days, the jams stretch past the junction & go on to upper thomson road. traffic turning left from old mandai road to sembawang road are also affected as the entire left lane of sembawang road there will be taken up by cars trying to enter transit road. middle lane is also affected by cars trying to cut through the left lane to enter the side roads there (chong kuo road etc). thus old mandai road end up being jammed too.

u gotta go several times to catch the jam sightings......

Thanks - 2-3 times a month is ok lah...thot everyday. Just plan around those times - do they happen on the weekends?

sleek
07-02-11, 18:41
But think have to take note of the construction of the NSE from 2013 - 2020. :D

Thanks - 2-3 times a month is ok lah...thot everyday. Just plan around those times - do they happen on the weekends?

mantrix
07-02-11, 20:02
But think have to take note of the construction of the NSE from 2013 - 2020. :D

huh? it's not cutting through there

sleek
07-02-11, 20:06
But it will affects downstream traffic, so likely upstream will be affected too.

huh? it's not cutting through there

mantrix
07-02-11, 21:55
But it will affects downstream traffic, so likely upstream will be affected too.

Yeah perhaps a little but the condo is close to the upper thomson exit of CTE so if one is driving he won't be affected much - and anyways Lentor Road and Upper Thomson / Sembawang Road serves different crowds so no point in detouring

In fact for those looking for condos in the area will shy away from those affected from the NSE and turn to those nearby which are not so deman will be higher instead IMO

zzz1
08-02-11, 09:15

In fact i see that the traffic along Sembawang rd will be lesser as it will be diverted into the new expressway

KarenK
08-02-11, 13:05

all weekdays lah....why u tink it's so painful? 2-3 times a month is an average figure hor.......I noted that some months for some special reason this may happen more often....

mantrix
08-02-11, 13:30
all weekdays lah....why u tink it's so painful? 2-3 times a month is an average figure hor.......I noted that some months for some special reason this may happen more often....

Let me go do my homework and verify...perhaps go ask their guards

KarenK
09-02-11, 08:17
Let me go do my homework and verify...perhaps go ask their guards

this morning got jam......all the way to the corner coffeeshop Wang Chow selling duck rice & tze char.....as usual bus got problem entering bus bay & sometimes even had to let passengers board & alight from the middle lane outside the bus bay :eek:

kingkong1984
09-02-11, 14:43
Very clear details. It's going in. How about going out?

zzz1
09-02-11, 20:15
Very clear details. It's going in. How about going out?

depend, if some goondos block the exist(condo) it will jam a big but in general i don see any jam existing the transist rd..

mantrix
09-02-11, 20:20
this morning got jam......all the way to the corner coffeeshop Wang Chow selling duck rice & tze char.....as usual bus got problem entering bus bay & sometimes even had to let passengers board & alight from the middle lane outside the bus bay :eek:

when was that? I passed by the road around 9am all was clear?

Or was it the cars parking along the animal clinics that caused the jam?

mantrix
09-02-11, 20:23
depend, if some goondos block the exist(condo) it will jam a big but in general i don see any jam existing the transist rd..

i just feel if the jam is serious to the point the bus can't even park in bus bay the authorities will do something about it, since this, if true, is obviously a safety issue :tsk-tsk:

no time nowadays maybe when i go viewing the units can kaypoh ask the guards there :D

wait for my report soon :cheers6:

zzz1
09-02-11, 20:37
i just feel if the jam is serious to the point the bus can't even park in bus bay the authorities will do something about it, since this, if true, is obviously a safety issue :tsk-tsk:

no time nowadays maybe when i go viewing the units can kaypoh ask the guards there :D

i observed that jam is up to 8 or 8 plus the most. just happen is the same time resident moving out or those coming back(fetching kid to school)

mantrix
09-02-11, 20:43
KarenK, just realised you have been rather negative to most condos in the north!

Happened across your response to one of my previous comments and I searched abit more and this is what I found:

On Estuary:

Last Sat evening around 645pm, I was stuck in a massive jam from khatib mrt stn all the way to the junction of Ave1/Ave2!!! horror horror......:scared-1: :scared-1: :scared-1:
On Rosewood:

there is only a single 2-lane road leading in & out to a few condos in the area. Rosewood is the innermost condo currently. Imagine the morning peak hour traffic as everyone tries to drive out & turn into the main road which is already chockful of traffic in the morning. Furthermore there is a huge plot of land further in so maybe another 1-2 condos will be developed in the future & add on to the choke?
On Northoaks:

I was there at a friend's BBQ a few years ago. got an instant headache the moment I stepped out from the carpark into the poolside/clubhouse area. hordes & hordes of people everywhere........children running/screaming everywhere.......bbq smoke all over the place as every single pit was being heavily utilised. the function rooms were side by side (not sure how many but seems quite a lot to me) & each room was overflowing with people.....I remember telling my hubby that I rather squat in our peaceful HDB flat than stay there.... :p

oh ya, I also remember lots of owners illegally washing their cars in the carpark in non-designated parking lots.....there were huge puddles of water in the car park thanks to them....
On Regentville:

my SIL has been staying there for 10 years since it TOP. she complains abt the numerous Filipino tenants (coz nobody else wants to rent the apts there) and also that the usage of the swimming pool is not very well monitored. the swimming instructor on the pretext of teaching the kids in the condo lessons will also subtly bring in kids from the neighbouring housing estates. she has also seen a Malay woman in tudung & full attire enter the swimming pool once! nobody stopped her.

anyway these are just some "horror" stories from my SIL that I've heard over the years. just a bit of spice to add on to the positive reviews from the earlier posters :D

I was not impressed by her 3BR unit. very small with a triangular-shaped living room & tiny bedrooms. she personally hates it too but has to live with her own folly :beats-me-man:
On Goodlink Park:

Goodlink Park Apts are crap. car accessories shops (4 units owned by same guy) and car rental shop below. car park? most of the units are taken up by the car rental's cars and the car accessories shop's customers in the day time. the car rental co is the bigger culprit. in the day time, the staff will shift the cars to the car park in front thereby taking up most of the lots. in the evening, they will shift to some place in the back (not sure where) to make space for residents returning from work. so what happens if u are on leave and come back in the day time?

Well not that I disagree with all your comments but they are mostly negative - you seem to like playing devil's advocate.

Still I am taking your comments on the jam seriously hence will go research that myself :D

kingkong1984
09-02-11, 21:26
Negative or not, you need to verify it yourself. North prices were super low up till ktp hospital and new expressway. Things are not quite the same now. It is going to be more vibrant.

mantrix
09-02-11, 21:39
Negative or not, you need to verify it yourself. North prices were super low up till ktp hospital and new expressway. Things are not quite the same now. It is going to be more vibrant.

Yes that's what I said. Not just ktp and nse, there is TSL and seletar tech park and more attractions (new zoo attraction, train station, etc) so it's gonna be the next big thing like Jurong / Paya Lebar

rattydrama
09-02-11, 23:38
Yes that's what I said. Not just ktp and nse, there is TSL and seletar tech park and more attractions (new zoo attraction, train station, etc) so it's gonna be the next big thing like Jurong / Paya Lebar

cannot be lah, still need sometime. But north area is the only estate which is not densely populated.

mantrix
10-02-11, 06:37
cannot be lah, still need sometime. But north area is the only estate which is not densely populated.

Exactly that's why must buy now before it heats up! :D

kingkong1984
10-02-11, 07:47
Exactly that's why must buy now before it heats up! :D
Yes, it's going to heat up. More likely to be before simpang and Chua chu kang.

Need a hint? Look at number of new HDBs, Dbss, bto, ecs. These will be the future upgraders to private there. Takes about 10 years though.

A lot of land for anything.

KarenK
10-02-11, 08:15

exiting usually no problem unless u get idiots trying to do a 3-point turn just in front of the command camp just outside the nee soon camp exit.

KarenK
10-02-11, 08:17

pls lor, this has been happening for at least 1yr+ already & I don't see any action lor....

report update: this morning no jam :D

KarenK
10-02-11, 08:25
KarenK, just realised you have been rather negative to most condos in the north!

Happened across your response to one of my previous comments and I searched abit more and this is what I found:

On Estuary:

On Rosewood:

On Northoaks:

On Regentville:

On Goodlink Park:

Well not that I disagree with all your comments but they are mostly negative - you seem to like playing devil's advocate.

Still I am taking your comments on the jam seriously hence will go research that myself :D

wah, didn't know I'm being stalked :D

anyway I wasn't aware that I was being negative all along. I was just sharing my honest opinion based on my personal experiences & observations & not hearsay. by sharing my observations, I'm hoping that nobody will make a mistake purchase. always buy with your eyes wide open. like I always say, there is no perfect property. it's a matter of whether u can accept the imperfections or not. maybe it's my "neow" nature coming in when I was observing the properties lah. it's a major purchase so cannot be too sloppy about checking.

even for meadows @ peirce, I have negative stuff to say too. facing of most of the units (incl mine) is E-W which I am not in favour of. the N-S ones are for the small 3-BR units which are too small for me. So I haf no choice but to buy the E-W facing unit. It's only a 5-min drive away from my parents' place so that is a strong factor. The area is also not known for being breezy so I foresee lots of fan & aircon usage in future. the land in general is lower than the 2 main roads edging it (Upper Thomson / Yio Chu Kang Rd). possibility of flood is a worry especially since the carpark will be basement but to my living memory, I have not heard of teacher's estate or the surrounding area flooding. nonetheless I will still keep monitoring the area especially during the rainy season :rolleyes:

KarenK
10-02-11, 08:29
ah yes, re Estuary. Observation this morning: heavy traffic at the Lentor Ave/Yishun Ave 2 in the direction of AMK. the heavy traffic stretched all the way past the stadium, past 1 bus-stop & just before Khatib mrt station. Considered not too bad already coz the really bad ones will reach Khatib station & beyond :D

mantrix
10-02-11, 10:35
ah yes, re Estuary. Observation this morning: heavy traffic at the Lentor Ave/Yishun Ave 2 in the direction of AMK. the heavy traffic stretched all the way past the stadium, past 1 bus-stop & just before Khatib mrt station. Considered not too bad already coz the really bad ones will reach Khatib station & beyond :D

Thanks Karen - that's why I take ur comments seriously :)

On the above, yes, that's why I didn't dare invest in estuary cos the jam at the junction is bad enough as it already is - it will be much worse with another 600- units in the area.

So in your opinion which condo in far north, or at least in the vicinity, would you choose for self-stay (apart from meadows@peirce)?

mantrix
10-02-11, 18:55
Ok update guys:

went by around evening, just as Nee Soon Camp opened its gates and everyone had to go back home. There was indeed a jam, albeit a small one because Transit Road had no filter lane / slip road - it lasted around 1-2min and then cleared (going out not much of a problem as the road is quite wide so one lane actually fit 2 cars side by side)

Checked with security and yes, occasionally there are jams when everyone leaving same time (from Nee Soon camp) but clears in a couple of minutes - however most condos experience the same at peak hours anyway. Nothing serious and the jam could be a tad longer for those parents sending kids to school on their way back.

However for tenants with no kids / grown up kids going out at peak hours generally not a problem (which is what i'm looking for since this is for investment and those with kids going to primary schools will not look at this location in the first place)

yup so generally pleased with what I saw, actively looking for better listings to appear on propertyguru and also got my agent to look around for good deals, wish me luck :D

http://www.foresthills.com.sg/Facility.html is their internal condo booking management system found some interesting info (and far-fetched showflat pics) in this website :cheers6:

kingkong1984
10-02-11, 20:47
Fair update. Not too bad a jam. My place got worst jam during morning peaks due to school zone.

If u r marketing this project, you might want to consider this other points too.

Amble parking space for two cars?
Any particular celebrity owner there?
Any special life style there? Joggers, cyclist, hobbits, fishing? Golfing nearby?
Shuttle service?
Low maintenance fees?
Try cross marketing to existing owners there, give referral bonus.

Studios there might cater to retirees but 3 bedders a little too big for yuppies or Dinks. Size problem.

Try marketing to army camp regulars next door or doctors working at ktp. Spread the word to your doctor friends. There are a lot of old née soon folks relocated to yishun and elsewhere. Good to find them and check with them. Older folks are more sentimental to particular places. Good luck.

Finally price must be special. Give 16 percent discount to valuation sure have buyers one. Go for somewhere nearer to middle would be gd.

mantrix
10-02-11, 21:28
Let me buy first then start marketing can? :D

But there are ample parking lots - no celebrities, no nearby attractions, nothing...(Unless walking distance to reservoir considered. The main draw of the place is how quiet (read: ulu) it really is.

Viewing a couple of units this weekend

Trying to collect more comments on this place as well else once I commit end up like some here who announced their buys and getting thrashed up down left right centre unfairly

KarenK
10-02-11, 21:58
Thanks Karen - that's why I take ur comments seriously :)

On the above, yes, that's why I didn't dare invest in estuary cos the jam at the junction is bad enough as it already is - it will be much worse with another 600- units in the area.

So in your opinion which condo in far north, or at least in the vicinity, would you choose for self-stay (apart from meadows@peirce)?

seriously.....I only had my eyes set on meadows coz of its proximity to my parents' place, the greenery and the height restriction which meant no tall blocks will be looking down upon me :D

I liked Euphony coz it seems very well-maintained and quiet but I guess the new NSE will kill its value a fair bit since it's going to be right next to it. I once visited my friend's cluster house at Springhill (opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre) & liked the place a lot. but that is cluster house & not condo so we are out of topic here :ashamed1:

Calrose seems quite nice but it's not considered far north, right? but I must qualify myself that i have not done any serious observation for it yet....

good luck for your hunt in Forest Hills......I still think u should try to catch the morning jams as it's different from the evening jams. try to hang around there around 730am to 8am.....

kingkong1984
10-02-11, 22:24
Let me buy first then start marketing can? :D

But there are ample parking lots - no celebrities, no nearby attractions, nothing...(Unless walking distance to reservoir considered. The main draw of the place is how quiet (read: ulu) it really is.

Viewing a couple of units this weekend

Trying to collect more comments on this place as well else once I commit end up like some here who announced their buys and getting thrashed up down left right centre unfairly
Number one rule here... Never ever reveal where u buy. Lucky for him, he only said one out of four. If not, it's worst.

The unit with the daughter's room pic seems nice, valuations around 750k or on the low side right? Update later.

For north, best condo in my view would be north wood. FH and walking distance to Chong pang. It's the best among the worst lot. The worst... The flower one lor.

zzz1
10-02-11, 22:51
seriously.....I only had my eyes set on meadows coz of its proximity to my parents' place, the greenery and the height restriction which meant no tall blocks will be looking down upon me :D

I liked Euphony coz it seems very well-maintained and quiet but I guess the new NSE will kill its value a fair bit since it's going to be right next to it. I once visited my friend's cluster house at Springhill (opposite Sembawang Shopping Centre) & liked the place a lot. but that is cluster house & not condo so we are out of topic here :ashamed1:

Calrose seems quite nice but it's not considered far north, right? but I must qualify myself that i have not done any serious observation for it yet....

good luck for your hunt in Forest Hills......I still think u should try to catch the morning jams as it's different from the evening jams. try to hang around there around 730am to 8am.....

in fact i was targetting the meadow prior launching for some time ...at that time the launch just keep on postponding(tatic moved by developer) and had also made comparision with calrose...Din take up calrose cos, aft few visit, did not find any charm from it., apart of being at AMK area,.and also anticipating meadow could launch at around 700++ (consider fair price at that time) ..din know greedy developer launch at 900++..Even the refurbished tower block is selling high...so totally give up and din even bother to visit the showroom.

few agents also shared with me on the flooding as it is at slop area...IMO, the developement is at the inclined slop and not at the valley pit..so flooding is unlikely..

KarenK
11-02-11, 08:19
in fact i was targetting the meadow prior launching for some time ...at that time the launch just keep on postponding(tatic moved by developer) and had also made comparision with calrose...Din take up calrose cos, aft few visit, did not find any charm from it., apart of being at AMK area,.and also anticipating meadow could launch at around 700++ (consider fair price at that time) ..din know greedy developer launch at 900++..Even the refurbished tower block is selling high...so totally give up and din even bother to visit the showroom.

few agents also shared with me on the flooding as it is at slop area...IMO, the developement is at the inclined slop and not at the valley pit..so flooding is unlikely..

ya, I was also cursing UOL when they delayed the launch time after time. I was also projecting their psf to be around $750 but who knws the mkt kept going up & up. eventually bot mine at $889psf & I continued my cursing at UOL, ha ha. but in view of today's market, $889psf for a freehold pty is considered cheap liao lor....

I was figuring that I've never heard or seen Green Meadows flood during its time so guessed that the place shouldn't be flood-prone.

update on forest hill traffic this morning (740-750am): JAM JAM JAM :scared-1: . jam all the way till Mandai Road junction. my son's school bus took more than 10 mins to crawl from the 33 Sembawang coffeeshop to the junction & even then she had not even turned in yet (the next kiddy pickup is Forest Hill).

kingkong1984
11-02-11, 09:38
Mantrix trying hard to market......
It's smooth as silk after that? 9 am..... Haha

mantrix
11-02-11, 10:14

i like Meadows as well...was there at VVIP launch - not concerned about flooding since it's ok just worried no breezes since it's not at road level. Else I think it's a good buy at 800++psf.

Euphony not for me - too close to road and further from Chong Pang 9and what's with the color theme??!!) - Northwood is better choice which i agree with King Kong.

Calrose I have seen too, nothing impressive and surrounded by HDBs but not really near to amenties (the 168 market must walk around 6min?) - but freehold and elevated. Their PHs' roof terraces too much wasted space and they also experience jams when all coming back into condo.

I have looked at Springhill before (location is excellent) and with CR launched owners are laughing their way to bank but as with most cluster housing it is just too squeezed for my liking (800 sq ft per floor is rather tight) and too many stairs to climb.

I am not concerned about morning jams INTO the condo, but out of it since if I get a unit my prospective tenant will likely be going to work at that time, not returning from sending kids to school ... :cool:

mantrix
11-02-11, 10:23
Number one rule here... Never ever reveal where u buy. Lucky for him, he only said one out of four. If not, it's worst.

The unit with the daughter's room pic seems nice, valuations around 750k or on the low side right? Update later.

For north, best condo in my view would be north wood. FH and walking distance to Chong pang. It's the best among the worst lot. The worst... The flower one lor.

I agree Northwood is good, but best among worst...?? What you mean? All condos in far north are the worst lot? Their quality is surprising good - I think you meant to say best among the cheapest.

I think for the flower-one...should be Lilydale, not Rosewood right? Actually Lilydale, being beside coffeeshops and supermarket, is very convenient if you don't need to travel to town.

mantrix
11-02-11, 10:30
ya, I was also cursing UOL when they delayed the launch time after time. I was also projecting their psf to be around $750 but who knws the mkt kept going up & up. eventually bot mine at $889psf & I continued my cursing at UOL, ha ha. but in view of today's market, $889psf for a freehold pty is considered cheap liao lor....

I was figuring that I've never heard or seen Green Meadows flood during its time so guessed that the place shouldn't be flood-prone.

update on forest hill traffic this morning (740-750am): JAM JAM JAM :scared-1: . jam all the way till Mandai Road junction. my son's school bus took more than 10 mins to crawl from the 33 Sembawang coffeeshop to the junction & even then she had not even turned in yet (the next kiddy pickup is Forest Hill).
when I went to VVIP preview they offered me 820psf for ground floor unit but i walked away haiz :tongue3:

Actually on jam, at that time there is always a jam (same for Lentor) but like I said, i am more concerned about getting out than in (and that is assuming prospective tenant goes to work at around that time...i know of many who works later than that, after 9, 10am)

my agent told me sellers not that flexible on negotiation because they have holding power and a couple are asking for future pricing but let's see how it goes....else I'll turn my attention elsewhere :cheers1:

KarenK
11-02-11, 12:55
when I went to VVIP preview they offered me 820psf for ground floor unit but i walked away haiz :tongue3:

Actually on jam, at that time there is always a jam (same for Lentor) but like I said, i am more concerned about getting out than in (and that is assuming prospective tenant goes to work at around that time...i know of many who works later than that, after 9, 10am)

my agent told me sellers not that flexible on negotiation because they have holding power and a couple are asking for future pricing but let's see how it goes....else I'll turn my attention elsewhere :cheers1:

ground floor unit heaper on psf basis coz of the PES, i tink.....hey, I was also at the VVIP launch! we could haf been there at the same time! :cool:

I checked streetsine & I found out I paid the lowest psf for my unit size :D

if u are more concerned with outgoing traffic from forest hill at that hour, then no problem. traffic in the general vicinity is ok. getting to all the various nearby expressways is no problem but getting stuck IN the expressway is a different issue :D

mantrix
11-02-11, 13:10
ground floor unit heaper on psf basis coz of the PES, i tink.....hey, I was also at the VVIP launch! we could haf been there at the same time! :cool:

I checked streetsine & I found out I paid the lowest psf for my unit size :D

if u are more concerned with outgoing traffic from forest hill at that hour, then no problem. traffic in the general vicinity is ok. getting to all the various nearby expressways is no problem but getting stuck IN the expressway is a different issue :D

congratz :)

Yeah that was my main concern seems like not too big a problem now (only the prices quite stiff in that area :beats-me-man:)

I was at VVIP launch and while crowd was big not many takers and I was looking at the ground units with added basement (nice) but thought the pool was a tad small. Also I'm lazy so dun wanna drive to eat and not a fan of the curry nearby...else everything about that development was quite OK (fresh air and cool) but WASSUP with the bird watching tower :D

kingkong1984
11-02-11, 17:19
I agree Northwood is good, but best among worst...?? What you mean? All condos in far north are the worst lot? Their quality is surprising good - I think you meant to say best among the cheapest.

I think for the flower-one...should be Lilydale, not Rosewood right? Actually Lilydale, being beside coffeeshops and supermarket, is very convenient if you don't need to travel to town.

Best of the best in are found in CCR. Worst of the worst are found in OCR.

Northwoods best among (those in north) - not necessarily worst but I say it in case got attacked by CCR supporters.

North is one if the cheapest. West also. Some parts of the west and not lakeside.

Dun want to be too exact with flower one. Lilydale and rosewood still quite ok.

All you need after buying a property in the north is to work in the north, children studying in the north. Solve all your problems.

mantrix
11-02-11, 17:36
I wouldn't consider Rafflesia (smelliest flower in the world) to be in Far North - that's central north by the way ;)

kingkong1984
11-02-11, 18:27
I wouldn't consider Rafflesia (smelliest flower in the world) to be in Far North - that's central north by the way ;)

yeah.... big and useless flower... small ones are better. ;)

mantrix
12-02-11, 19:09
Due for 2 viewings tomorrow and guess what?
Just saw in streetsine FH hit all time high

29 Transit Road #02-07
99 Yrs From 10/02/2000
$661 psf
$790k
26 Jan 11

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

not going to be easy to nego liao :doh:

will still give my observations anyway...

rattydrama
12-02-11, 20:18

29 Transit Road #02-07
99 Yrs From 10/02/2000
$661 psf
$790k
26 Jan 11

someone went in based on your write up previously?... good deals never spill....:scared-5:

actually i quite like woodgrove....oops!!

mantrix
12-02-11, 20:39
someone went in based on your write up previously?... good deals never spill....:scared-5:

actually i quite like woodgrove....oops!!

nah the caveat date was before i posted ... i guess there are others out there who knows the potential but they could have tried to bring price down so easier for me mah :banghead::banghead::banghead:

woodgrove condo? it's nice - next to supermart and pre-schools! even got its own beauty salon :p

rental yield super good because of American school. there! psf will go up from now! :D

kingkong1984
12-02-11, 21:44

29 Transit Road #02-07

Can try 580 to 630 psf to make it worth while.

mantrix
13-02-11, 14:04

That is already slightly beyod my budget...haiz...
Anyway update, viewed 2 units today, one's a PH and one's a mid- floor. Layouts very different, but the rooms are a tad small, not sure if can fit queen size beds? Only the master bedroom is sizeable enough.

The space is well utilised, there are bay windows for 2 of the rooms and a small planter but apart from that layout is pretty efficient. The duplex was pretty windy and both units bright and no west sun.

There is only one gate now - the main entrance - so walking to coffeeshop takes longer - agent said there are plans of a side gate when MRT is confirmed but that will be some time down the road.

Plenty of parking available in basement and though it was a weekend no visitors (maybe because it's not near any HDBs)

Overall nice balinese ambience, swimming pool is 1.5M (unlike new condos' 1.2M) and because of the foliage and nearby reservoir air quality is pretty good - if one jogs can reach the reservoir in 10min - the view is quite nice.

The place is not bad, but the 2 units reno quite obiang, if I wanna spend 600psf or above gotta get one that I can rent out immediately to cut downtime so needs to be well renovated. No such lobangs now cos too few units. Turning my sights to maybe Nuovo or Castle Green where firesales more likely (and try picking non expressway facing units) :D

devilplate
13-02-11, 14:11
The place is not bad, but the 2 units reno quite obiang, if I wanna spend 600psf or above gotta get one that I can rent out immediately to cut downtime so needs to be well renovated. No such lobangs now cos too few units. Turning my sights to maybe Nuovo or Castle Green where firesales more likely (and try picking non expressway facing units) :D

i believe only expressway facing got chance firesales....gd luck:p

mantrix
13-02-11, 16:25
i believe only expressway facing got chance firesales....gd luck:p

With the reduction in land and the downward pressure on psf maybe can get warm stove sales for the good facing ones :D

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 16:36
Wanted to say a lower price range but it would not be realistic.

Avoid nuovo if u can.... The cheaper ones are at castle green.

If u are buying for rental, a cheaper rent unit is easier to rent out. If they wanted facilities, they would target newer places such as centro. That area not too good for rental too as grandeur 8 is also competing with it.
:2cents:

mantrix
13-02-11, 17:57
Wanted to say a lower price range but it would not be realistic.

Avoid nuovo if u can.... The cheaper ones are at castle green.

If u are buying for rental, a cheaper rent unit is easier to rent out. If they wanted facilities, they would target newer places such as centro. That area not too good for rental too as grandeur 8 is also competing with it.
:2cents:

Nuovo has a better location - castle green takes 10min to walk to mrt, vs 3 for Nuovo

Centro? 1300psf? OMG - to have rental yield of 4% you'll need to rent out at 6K??

Antione
13-02-11, 21:00
Why not consider Season Park or Far Horizon? Also in the same area.

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 21:27
Yup, older and failed enblock...but better.

mantrix
13-02-11, 21:28

Well I tend to look at properties that are close to MRT (or future MRT) and amenities :)

And to get a good deal you need some negative sentiment such as the impact of NSE - else prices will hold strong

kingkong1984
13-02-11, 21:33
Well I tend to look at properties that are close to MRT (or future MRT) and amenities :)

And to get a good deal you need some negative sentiment such as the impact of NSE - else prices will hold strong

Can try, but not easy... Nuovo low floor should have lobangs

rattydrama
13-02-11, 23:28
nah the caveat date was before i posted ... i guess there are others out there who knows the potential but they could have tried to bring price down so easier for me mah :banghead::banghead::banghead:

woodgrove condo? it's nice - next to supermart and pre-schools! even got its own beauty salon :p

rental yield super good because of American school. there! psf will go up from now! :D

your memory failing. I remembered u sing praise on Forest Hill in other threads should be in Oct last year....... u need not spell out everything, smart person can smell a good deal from the moment u mention forest hill.... haha

Antione
14-02-11, 05:48

Thomson Line MRT stations will be announcing soon. LTA is planning to complete it by 2018. Taking 7 years as a typical built lead time, it should be announced within this year.

No one know exactly where the stations will be, but if revealed, you will miss your opportunity again as price will escalate over night.

mantrix
14-02-11, 06:26
your memory failing. I remembered u sing praise on Forest Hill in other threads should be in Oct last year....... u need not spell out everything, smart person can smell a good deal from the moment u mention forest hill.... haha

Thanks ratty, I recalled - cos I was introducing FH to a lady who was looking at Lilydale and I remember telling her FH has more potential for growth - maybe she's the one who bought most recently?

Actually the more I talked about it, the more smitten I got so had to view for myself - but if prices rose because of what I posted (which I doubt) then I have only myself to blame :(

Think next time I got good lobangs just send PMs to my forummer friends, dun open thread liao.

mantrix
14-02-11, 06:27
Thomson Line MRT stations will be announcing soon. LTA is planning to complete it by 2018. Taking 7 years as a typical built lead time, it should be announced within this year.

No one know exactly where the stations will be, but if revealed, you will miss your opportunity again as price will escalate over night.

You are right on all counts - which is exactly why I am looking at this development.

Antione
14-02-11, 07:51
Yup, older and failed enblock...but better.

Can share your memory what happened to the failed enbloc? Was there even one?

KarenK
14-02-11, 08:14
congratz :)

Yeah that was my main concern seems like not too big a problem now (only the prices quite stiff in that area :beats-me-man:)

I was at VVIP launch and while crowd was big not many takers and I was looking at the ground units with added basement (nice) but thought the pool was a tad small. Also I'm lazy so dun wanna drive to eat and not a fan of the curry nearby...else everything about that development was quite OK (fresh air and cool) but WASSUP with the bird watching tower :D

from what i see from the prospectus, bird watching tower still can go there to paktor :p . but WASSUP with the dog walking court?? does that mean only dog owners can go there? if I own hamsters or rabbits, i can't walk them there? :D

KarenK
14-02-11, 08:18

I was just going to suggest woodgrove condo to u coz i just went by it last weekend! never been inside but thot from the outside, it looks pretty serene & well-maintained. next to ntuc, 7-11, loy kee chix rice, bojangles......cannot complain liao.... :spliff:

didn't know got beauty salon inside!

hubby & me were considering the landed pty at the other side of woodgrove centre.....can't remember what it's called now. we went round the estate & loved the serene environment. then after further checks, we found out that it's 99-year leasehold with many years gone already & was originally built by FEO! so we threw that out the window....wat a waste.... :banghead:

KarenK
14-02-11, 08:21
There is only one gate now - the main entrance - so walking to coffeeshop takes longer - agent said there are plans of a side gate when MRT is confirmed but that will be some time down the road.

pls don't get conned by the agent on this. when the condo was new, they wanted to create a side gate directly to the bus-stop along sembawang road. however that small piece of land between forest hill & the bus-stop is state land & the application was turned down. state land don't anyhow play play lor. hence residents from then on had to walk the roundabout way down transit road. so pls be careful what the agent says hor..... :tongue3:

wind30
14-02-11, 08:54

Do you know that seasons park has a BACK DOOR leading to the hospital? I did not know that until one of the agents showed it to me.

That makes seasons park more convenient than castle green as you can walk easily to both MRT and hawker center.

wind30
14-02-11, 08:57
hubby & me were considering the landed pty at the other side of woodgrove centre.....can't remember what it's called now. we went round the estate & loved the serene environment. then after further checks, we found out that it's 99-year leasehold with many years gone already & was originally built by FEO! so we threw that out the window....wat a waste.... :banghead:

why did you not consider landed near that area?

I was looking for a new place at around the same time when Meadows at Pierce was launched. I got a place at lentor.

I thought lentor estate is both quiet, NEAT (unlike messy teachers estate and thomson hills) and accessible.

KarenK
14-02-11, 09:16
why did you not consider landed near that area?

I was looking for a new place at around the same time when Meadows at Pierce was launched. I got a place at lentor.

I thought lentor estate is both quiet, NEAT (unlike messy teachers estate and thomson hills) and accessible.

coz after we threw that idea out the window, we decided not to go for landed for a few reasons:
- we have lived in flats our whole lives so not used to landed. no sense of security. very kia si :D
- we are very lazy folks & hate upkeeping the pty eg gardening, landscapign, painting, fumigating etc. even if we pay pp to come & do it, it'll be inconvenient for us as we'll have to take leave & squat at home to wait for the service personnel, assuming they don't do weekends.
- the landed at lentor is beyond our budget. those at teacher's estate/thomson hills/sembawang hills are within our budget but they tend to be very old & cramped & require extensive A&A. we don't have the $$$ for the A&A. hence it's more economical to get a new condo coz can get HL for 80% of the cost

mantrix
14-02-11, 09:32
from what i see from the prospectus, bird watching tower still can go there to paktor :p . but WASSUP with the dog walking court?? does that mean only dog owners can go there? if I own hamsters or rabbits, i can't walk them there? :D

LOL yeah wassup with that? U obviously can't cos the dogs will eat up the hamsters and rabbits :D

wind30
14-02-11, 09:32
coz after we threw that idea out the window, we decided not to go for landed for a few reasons:
- we have lived in flats our whole lives so not used to landed. no sense of security. very kia si :D
- we are very lazy folks & hate upkeeping the pty eg gardening, landscapign, painting, fumigating etc. even if we pay pp to come & do it, it'll be inconvenient for us as we'll have to take leave & squat at home to wait for the service personnel, assuming they don't do weekends.
- the landed at lentor is beyond our budget. those at teacher's estate/thomson hills/sembawang hills are within our budget but they tend to be very old & cramped & require extensive A&A. we don't have the $$$ for the A&A. hence it's more economical to get a new condo coz can get HL for 80% of the cost

There was a unit 2200 sqft land transacted at 1.1mil at that time. dunno who bought it as it was not advertised at all. Just 5 houses away from my inlaws. We were looking specifically at that area and even distributed phamplets to the neighbours. Yes we were very keen on that area.

In the end we got a smaller but more expensive unit.....

Anyway, now we are all probably waiting to see the thomson line alignment announced.

Some people say it will be beside Medows, some say it will be closer to lentor...

mantrix
14-02-11, 09:46
I was just going to suggest woodgrove condo to u coz i just went by it last weekend! never been inside but thot from the outside, it looks pretty serene & well-maintained. next to ntuc, 7-11, loy kee chix rice, bojangles......cannot complain liao.... :spliff:

didn't know got beauty salon inside!

Yup just a few words of caution though (and why I did not choose it in the end) - there will be plenty of ongoing construction due to new projects and as this is a low-rise, plenty of dust as well. It's quite old now so u'll need to spend majoy $ on retrofitting.

Your main source of tenants will be those parents with kids in SAS, but you'll be getting more competition from the newer developments. Woodgrove condo has the advantage of location though, being nearest.

No more upside of MRT being built as there is simply no critical mass and the nearest (marsiling / woodgrove) are 20 min walk away.

I love the landed there too - too bad it's 99LH and left with 88 years now. Anyway like you I am not a landed person ;)

mantrix
14-02-11, 09:48
Do you know that seasons park has a BACK DOOR leading to the hospital? I did not know that until one of the agents showed it to me.

That makes seasons park more convenient than castle green as you can walk easily to both MRT and hawker center.

Ok thanks! Didn't know that too. Gotta start looking again :D

timebomb
14-02-11, 10:05
Hi all,

Just like to get some comments on whether is it worth it to move from Seletaris to Forest Hill at this moment.
Thanks.

mantrix
14-02-11, 11:06
Hi all,

Just like to get some comments on whether is it worth it to move from Seletaris to Forest Hill at this moment.
Thanks.
timebomb, you stay in Seletaris? do you already have a unit in Forest Hill already? (if yes, please dun move, sell to me at 550 psf i'll buy!!)

Else if your unit is not facing future NSE, you dun need to move (not sure when construction starts how loud will it be in 2013)

Have a look at the attached:

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 11:07
Can share your memory what happened to the failed enbloc? Was there even one?
I think it's Far Horizons.. cannot remember much else.

timebomb
14-02-11, 12:18
timebomb, you stay in Seletaris? do you already have a unit in Forest Hill already? (if yes, please dun move, sell to me at 550 psf i'll buy!!)

Else if your unit is not facing future NSE, you dun need to move (not sure when construction starts how loud will it be in 2013)

Have a look at the attached:

I'm staying at Seletaris, not facing NSE and I don't have a unit in FH.

kingkong1984
14-02-11, 12:46
Mantrix privileged to attend briefing.

Upper deck all the way till? Euphony got blocked too plus sembawang cottage... Bad views.

Why they do deck? Mrt tunnel below? Then those affected can benefit...anyway it's all guesswork now.

mantrix
14-02-11, 13:05
Mantrix privileged to attend briefing.

Upper deck all the way till? Euphony got blocked too plus sembawang cottage... Bad views.

Why they do deck? Mrt tunnel below? Then those affected can benefit...anyway it's all guesswork now.

That was from a friend - I didn't get to attend briefing.

rattydrama
14-02-11, 16:03
sounds like you have insider news.......

mantrix
14-02-11, 16:55

he's telling us not to miss the boat...

OK! time to view more...but no one selling...:banghead:

Hmmm any firesales from Yew tee that side? :p

Antione
14-02-11, 19:38

no insider news lah...mere speculation only.

There is a good chance the Thomson line will run under AMK Ave 4 up through Lentor Drive, then back of Tagore, then Springleaf, then Mandai, then Woodlands. Stations can be located any where along the line, so, it is up to everyone's guess.

rattydrama
14-02-11, 23:37
he's telling us not to miss the boat...

OK! time to view more...but no one selling...:banghead:

Hmmm any firesales from Yew tee that side? :p

bite the bullet and go .... :-) The air is good, not as ulu as Sembawang, there is potential.

I saw an add asking for 1.1m listed for 3 weeks and is now gone. Not sure if it has been sold. Owner not in hurry to sell as it is covered by good rental yield therefore I guess the only way is for the price to go north slowly and gradually.

devilplate
14-02-11, 23:41
dellllllllllllllll

mantrix
15-02-11, 06:35
bite the bullet and go .... :-) The air is good, not as ulu as Sembawang, there is potential.

I saw an add asking for 1.1m listed for 3 weeks and is now gone. Not sure if it has been sold. Owner not in hurry to sell as it is covered by good rental yield therefore I guess the only way is for the price to go north slowly and gradually.

1.1m is for a 3 bedder? Since launch price, what's the upside? 100%? (Gasp)

mantrix
15-02-11, 06:36
dellllllllllllllll

When you see the devil here, you know he's prowling...
Any good deals will be snapped up by him before you even get to smell it...

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 07:50
Good buys along the reported mrt lines....
Go back 6 mths and u have found a gem
Go forward 6 mtgs and u have found a higher price

All know Liao, where to find cheap?

KarenK
15-02-11, 12:50
no insider news lah...mere speculation only.

There is a good chance the Thomson line will run under AMK Ave 4 up through Lentor Drive, then back of Tagore, then Springleaf, then Mandai, then Woodlands. Stations can be located any where along the line, so, it is up to everyone's guess.

I thought the line is supposed to pass through Sin Ming, Kebun Baru before hitting Tagore & then Springleaf, Mandai etc. by going along the back of Tagore, won't that be like a huge detour? why should it loop around to the back of Tagore? and who's going to be around the back of Tagore to use the station? any reason for that particular speculation? is it coz they need to avoid going too close to the reservoir in case it springs a mega leak that no plumber is able to plug? :D

zzz1
15-02-11, 13:44
I thought the line is supposed to pass through Sin Ming, Kebun Baru before hitting Tagore & then Springleaf, Mandai etc. by going along the back of Tagore, won't that be like a huge detour? why should it loop around to the back of Tagore? and who's going to be around the back of Tagore to use the station? any reason for that particular speculation? is it coz they need to avoid going too close to the reservoir in case it springs a mega leak that no plumber is able to plug? :D

That was what I heard too…hitting the Teacher estate aka tagore and springleaf, Mandai..
One more thing, aft Mandai and hit to woodlands is too long or ‘wasteful’ cutting thru the forested area. Therefore some even spectacled that it may pass Cheong Pang (population density is there) then to woodland. Almost like the NS expressway.

As said …., it every body guess..

Hee hee…mega leak they don call plumber la.. properly they call Mata....LOL

mantrix
15-02-11, 14:35
That was what I heard too…hitting the Teacher estate aka tagore and springleaf, Mandai..
One more thing, aft Mandai and hit to woodlands is too long or ‘wasteful’ cutting thru the forested area. Therefore some even spectacled that it may pass Cheong Pang (population density is there) then to woodland. Almost like the NS expressway.

As said …., it every body guess..

Hee hee…mega leak they don call plumber la.. properly they call Mata....LOL

When they announce the stations at Tagore and Springleaf, then Meadows and Forest Hills will go up further - even if the extact station spot is not known. Because no matter what the MRT entrance will not be more than 300m away.

And yes, possbility of cutting through Chong Pang because of critical mass and to coincide with NSE construction - after all, they can kill 2 birds with one stone.

land118
15-02-11, 14:40
When they announce the stations at Tagore and Springleaf, then Meadows and Forest Hills will go up further - even if the extact station spot is not known. Because no matter what the MRT entrance will not be more than 300m away.

And yes, possbility of cutting through Chong Pang because of critical mass and to coincide with NSE construction - after all, they can kill 2 birds with one stone. Quite logical reasoning that MRT line may mirror NSE, and station need to be in place where there is critical population/density. Even if now dun have, when line open, it will skip that station unless population develop in short term, if not white elephant.. Think look at URA master plan for reserve site along the way which are in high population density area for MRT stations

land118
15-02-11, 14:43
I do believe that they will try to locate MRT station where there are HDB flats nearby 1st as top priority...or upcoming HDB flats under development...cater to masses.....

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 15:38
Likely to follow NS expressway. Two layers. One on top and one below for certain parts. MRT have to go through HDB or catch HDB folks.

zzz1
15-02-11, 15:48

And yes, possbility of cutting through Chong Pang because of critical mass and to coincide with NSE construction - after all, they can kill 2 birds with one stone.

If it is to pass by Chong Pang, the MRT likely to be underground, the expressway had already taken the open ground(viaduct)

And also make sense that tunnel for MRT is more economic then a tunnel for expressway.

zzz1
15-02-11, 15:53
Likely to follow NS expressway. Two layers. One on top and one below for certain parts. MRT have to go through HDB or catch HDB folks.

The expressway via duct height is limited by the copter flight path, and also need to maintains certain height below (4.5m ? ), so it may be a constraint to construct 2 layers.

ecimbew
15-02-11, 18:30
What about this?
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/pdf/20080125/Thomson%20Line.pdf

mantrix
15-02-11, 18:33
If it is to pass by Chong Pang, the MRT likely to be underground, the expressway had already taken the open ground(viaduct)

And also make sense that tunnel for MRT is more economic then a tunnel for expressway.

yeah it's already announced that entire TSL will be underground

zzz1
15-02-11, 19:17
What about this?
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/pdf/20080125/Thomson%20Line.pdf

from the graphic, it look cut thru the forested area...how ever considering the population density,... it still every body guess

wind30
15-02-11, 19:27
from the graphic, it look cut thru the forested area...how ever considering the population density,... it still every body guess

Thomson line was never supposed to connect with Yishun at all. The whole idea of thomson line was to have an MRT line that is faster for woodlands so as to divert some of the traffic away from NS line.

Skyscraper forum has people with detailed information about soil investigation and tender documents for TSL.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=574137&page=44

I would say it is 90% likely that the thomson line will not connect with Yishun.

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 19:50
Divert Yishun Traffic from Woodlands interchange.

The track can run below via duct.

zzz1
15-02-11, 19:56
Thomson line was never supposed to connect with Yishun at all. The whole idea of thomson line was to have an MRT line that is faster for woodlands so as to divert some of the traffic away from NS line.

Skyscraper forum has people with detailed information about soil investigation and tender documents for TSL.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=574137&page=44

I would say it is 90% likely that the thomson line will not connect with Yishun.

i give certain credit for the almost close accuracy for the ns-expressway...

As mentioned, is all about conjuncture at this stage..

Antione
15-02-11, 19:57

From your description, I think you are believing the line is running beneath AMK Ave 2. The west of Ave 2 is low density landed properties, while the east is CHIJ St Nic. HDB dwellers are rather low along this route, hence it is not a viable route for Thomson line. A better route is AMK Ave 4; more AMK residence will benefit.

mantrix
15-02-11, 20:29

hmm that would a waste...unless they plan to make Mandai into the next Punggol soon

else makes more sense to serve high-density residential areas like Chong Pang (while not crossing over into Yishun since it will still be along Sembawang Road)

Then after Chong Pang cut into Gambas and run along woodlands ave 12 (which is relatively empty) and connect to Woodlands Interchange

Else cutting through Mandai is a lot tougher (and the zoo residents will complain cos the big cats need their sleep and the giraffes want their unblocked clear view) :D

zzz1
15-02-11, 20:45
hmm that would a waste...unless they plan to make Mandai into the next Punggol soon

else makes more sense to serve high-density residential areas like Chong Pang (while not crossing over into Yishun since it will still be along Sembawang Road)

Then after Chong Pang cut into Gambas and run along woodlands ave 12 (which is relatively empty) and connect to Woodlands Interchange

Else cutting through Mandai is a lot tougher (and the zoo residents will complain cos the big cats need their sleep and the giraffes want their unblocked clear view) :D

saw the an other indicative map before somewhere too...nonethless, let wait for the news..

he he..properly the zoo residents will put up fire sale soon...watchout...:D :D

ecimbew
15-02-11, 20:45
It will never cut through nature reserve.

zzz1
15-02-11, 20:46

under the ground la..:)

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 21:37
The expressway via duct height is limited by the copter flight path, and also need to maintains certain height below (4.5m ? ), so it may be a constraint to construct 2 layers.

u must be joking.. heli copter... can clear seletaris .. via duct higher than seletaris?

two layers can be like this.

Normal road
Underground...

sandwich or burger for u... water pipes and cables can run along under the MRT tracks or above it.

kingkong1984
15-02-11, 21:39

Why not? clear the nature reserve or resize it.

mantrix
15-02-11, 21:50
Why not? clear the nature reserve or resize it.

There is a reason why it's called nature 'reserve' in the first place :)

land118
15-02-11, 22:41
There is a reason why it's called nature 'reserve' in the first place :)
Agree, tis will not happen, WWF group will be up in arms if this happens, their complaints even louder than residents. Cannot cut thru and disturb nature reserve

sh
15-02-11, 22:43
Agree, tis will not happen, WWF group will be up in arms if this happens, their complaints even louder than residents. Cannot cut thru and disturb nature reserve

errr... BKE already cut through nature reserve. Nobody made any noise:beats-me-man:

land118
15-02-11, 22:56
errr... BKE already cut through nature reserve. Nobody made any noise:beats-me-man:
BKE never cut thru zoo and reservoir ma...

land118
15-02-11, 23:04
Seletar reservoir area, Mandai is water catchment, zoo and also SAF training area, how can they disturb this. Not logical to cut thru there. Time will tell.

kingkong1984
16-02-11, 03:24
Seletar reservoir area, Mandai is water catchment, zoo and also SAF training area, how can they disturb this. Not logical to cut thru there. Time will tell.
I think a likely area would be lor Asrama and Lor lad a hitam. The whole area between mandai road and expressway were used to be kampongs. Extensive piping works and land works done. Land ready for development. Just have to wait for redevelopment plans in the long term.

Cut through underground, whats the deal? If the tunnel can go below sea bed... What's reservoir?

Recalled hearing gov may built mrt first before selling land

land118
16-02-11, 07:21
I think a likely area would be lor Asrama and Lor lad a hitam. The whole area between mandai road and expressway were used to be kampongs. Extensive piping works and land works done. Land ready for development. Just have to wait for redevelopment plans in the long term.

Cut through underground, whats the deal? If the tunnel can go below sea bed... What's reservoir?

Recalled hearing gov may built mrt first before selling land from a cost feasibility and viability, engineering works is much cheaper and easier to construct when it is above ground. Tunnel works is only option if it is absolutely no choice and about double that of above ground construction. Go under sea even more costly. Why do that if there's other easier, faster and less costly option. Let's see.

zzz1
16-02-11, 08:09
u must be joking.. heli copter... can clear seletaris .. via duct higher than seletaris?

two layers can be like this.

Normal road
Underground...

sandwich or burger for u... water pipes and cables can run along under the MRT tracks or above it.

The top of the road, (TOR) is flush with Seletaris root’s height based on the pic attached by a bro here, the Condo height is about 12 m ? (4 storey x 3 meter height). That why I said that building under the express is difficult.

Ic now I know your two layers meaning , top normal road or underground…

sh
16-02-11, 22:03
from a cost feasibility and viability, engineering works is much cheaper and easier to construct when it is above ground. Tunnel works is only option if it is absolutely no choice and about double that of above ground construction. Go under sea even more costly. Why do that if there's other easier, faster and less costly option. Let's see.

Building above ground definitely cheaper, but what it does is that it also devalues the remaining land. If built underground, land above is worth more. The land value alone will pay for the additional cost for building underground. Garment very smart one...:tsk-tsk:

land118
16-02-11, 22:31
Building above ground definitely cheaper, but what it does is that it also devalues the remaining land. If built underground, land above is worth more. The land value alone will pay for the additional cost for building underground. Garment very smart one...:tsk-tsk:
Of course if want to do like, sure can but each ministry need to justify what budget they need from our ministry of Finance and need to be prudent becos it's tax payers $. I doubt Minister in charge would stick his neck to do something as lavish as what u suggest to up the value of that part, North of Singapore. if u look at track record of MRT line since Day 1, underground portion is in high density Central area where it's just not possible to build above ground or too costly to acquire land there which may affect too many residents. Imagine if they had to acquire several rows of shophouses in Chinatown area, move places of worships, it would have caused an uproar back in the 1980s. My view. What u say is possible but I feel Government of today would do what is engineering efficient and within the least possible budget.

kingkong1984
16-02-11, 23:25
I think someone said that future MRT would be all below ground duno since when.

Built up, cheap but got noise pollution and waste space. Go underground max space plus got free soil/mud for reclaimation.

Dun care lah. Buy only when the stations are confirmed. Pay for the real thing and not betting.

mantrix
17-02-11, 09:10
Back to topic...there is a new listing:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3143928/for-sale-forest-hills-condo (http://http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3143778/for-sale-forest-hills-condo)

looks quite good but price steep cos of the huge PES :(

hmm suddenly many listings dun me tell owners visit forum too?

better stop posting liao else they will think interest growing and up their prices :(

land118
18-02-11, 00:22
Back to topic...there is a new listing:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3143928/for-sale-forest-hills-condo (http://http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/3143778/for-sale-forest-hills-condo)

looks quite good but price steep cos of the huge PES :(

hmm suddenly many listings dun me tell owners visit forum too?

better stop posting liao else they will think interest growing and up their prices :(
Or Agents realised that there is interest with so much talk here, went and scout to get owners to tikam and list units for sales

mantrix
18-02-11, 07:59
Or Agents realised that there is interest with so much talk here, went and scout to get owners to tikam and list units for sales
hehe then they will face resistance from buyers like me and after some time they realised no takers and they will bite my cheque of 500 psf :D

devilplate
18-02-11, 08:40
hehe then they will face resistance from buyers like me and after some time they realised no takers and they will bite my cheque of 500 psf :D

u nvr noe other ppl queue at 501psf? haha

land118
18-02-11, 08:51
hehe then they will face resistance from buyers like me and after some time they realised no takers and they will bite my cheque of 500 psf :D of the listings in Property Guru, All listing at 600+psf, 1 joker even dare to list at 713psf:doh:

mantrix
18-02-11, 09:01

Confirm one of them is u!! :D

mantrix
18-02-11, 09:03
of the listings in Property Guru, All listing at 600+psf, 1 joker even dare to list at 713psf:doh:

The most recent sale brought the price up...
713psf is definitely future price liao

But is it always like this? If a recent sale set a record high psf does that guarantee future sales from then on must match that or be higher? Not in my experience though...

zzz1
18-02-11, 09:13

now the bids are known...some may bid a bit more then 501 liao.

zzz1
18-02-11, 09:24
Agent will always use that for reference as alway encountered. We don know the background behind the previous deal (eg maybe 100k renovation just recently done or the hse nos is very special to the buyer)

We need to offer what is to our best assessment and judgement and push for deal. let the seller decide.

mantrix
18-02-11, 11:30
now the bids are known...some may bid a bit more then 501 liao.

nowadays very rare to find any psf below 600
property climate is experiencing global warming too

zzz1
18-02-11, 13:19
nowadays very rare to find any psf below 600
property climate is experiencing global warming too

True. .all thanks to the ‘CCR’, and the last few launches…

Sometime think of it…at one hand we our property to appreciate, on the other hand wan to buy cheap cheap…haa haa

But one thing for sure I don’t want the it to plunge…I got weak heart sia….

mantrix
18-02-11, 17:00
True. .all thanks to the ‘CCR’, and the last few launches…

Sometime think of it…at one hand we our property to appreciate, on the other hand wan to buy cheap cheap…haa haa

But one thing for sure I don’t want the it to plunge…I got weak heart sia….

those who want to buy cheep cheep either has no house yet or has plenty of cash on hand to jump in...

however, that number of people quite high so even if there is a correction the demand will be sufficient to 'correct' that correction - principle of strong fundamentals.

With budget announced, some biz owners who save 30% on their tax can use that rebate alone to finance downpayment for a house!! :eek:

land118
16-03-11, 22:12
Just found out entrance to Forest Hills condo is right in front of Nee Soon camp entrance. Some blocks even face Née Soon Camp...., good to sell to army personnel. Transit road in the morning and evening is faced with army personnel cars and vehicles going in and out of camp.

kingkong1984
31-03-11, 08:58
Any updates? Maybe the entrance can be relocated elsewhere.

land118
31-03-11, 09:09
One of the safest condo in Singapore. Can do away with security guards as current entrance is just next to Née Soon Camp entrance where they are armed army personnel. Nothing against this condo, but interested parties should take a drive or walk there during 7.30-8am and 5.30-6.30pm along Transit Road on weekdays, u will understand.

tokbooncheng
07-10-12, 15:43
FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 980,000 1,227 Strata 799 Sep-12
FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 880,000 1,044 Strata 843 Aug-12
FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 890,000 1,163 Strata 766 Aug-12

look at psf now...
works of the future SpringLeaf MRT...

mantrix
07-10-12, 21:00
FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 980,000 1,227 Strata 799 Sep-12
FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 880,000 1,044 Strata 843 Aug-12
FOREST HILLS CONDOMINIUM* TRANSIT ROAD Condominium 1 890,000 1,163 Strata 766 Aug-12

look at psf now...
works of the future SpringLeaf MRT...

799 is not that high an increase....besides MRT 700m away...?

Pikachu1245
09-10-12, 21:41
799 is not that high an increase....besides MRT 700m away...?

As the saying goes :"Slow and steady win the race". Slow price appreciation will not cause much price drop too if crisis do arise in the distant future....;)