PDA

View Full Version : 8courtyards

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Nman
06-03-12, 10:13
damn... this morning around 730 the Yishun MRT platform going towards city having crazy human traffic!! took more than 10mins and 4trains to passby before able to squeeze in!! NS12 PLEASE DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :simmering:

Yah la, dun knw why hah? Can't imagine human traffic after 2013, pl do not delay another Train Stop mst start to build now, give Yishun Mrt Station some room space.

Nman
09-03-12, 08:37
Hi my brother want to sell away his 3 bddr at Palm Garden and invest at 8 courtyard. According to him infront of PG build BTO (Sunshine) block his view. Any one can tell worth or not? But old unit change to new unit from 1216sqf to 1087, price almost the same 850k++.

solsys
09-03-12, 18:51
Hi my brother want to sell away his 3 bddr at Palm Garden and invest at 8 courtyard. According to him infront of PG build BTO (Sunshine) block his view. Any one can tell worth or not? But old unit change to new unit from 1216sqf to 1087, price almost the same 850k++.

If he doesn't need the additional space, can consider.

Tell him to look at floor plan and showflat.

I think North got more potential than Choa Chu Kang.

Komo
09-03-12, 20:11
nowadays everywhere OCR has potential:D

Nman
09-03-12, 23:45
If he doesn't need the additional space, can consider.

Tell him to look at floor plan and showflat.

I think North got more potential than Choa Chu Kang.

Thank you, i bring him to look at showflat, he like the place and design. Sq living room. Potential MRT station(but don't knw when can happn). I told him dun think about MRt station, if he like the environment there, can consider from 10yr old unit change to new unit although the area slightly small.

solsys
10-03-12, 12:18
Thank you, i bring him to look at showflat, he like the place and design. Sq living room. Potential MRT station(but don't knw when can happn). I told him dun think about MRt station, if he like the environment there, can consider from 10yr old unit change to new unit although the area slightly small.

Yishun Hub upcoming and 8CY is the nearest condo to it other than the one integrated with the hub itself.

Chong Pang Hawker centre and business, commercial planned opposite.

Choa Chu Kang to me is overvalued, and far more ulu than Yishun.

Coupled with NSE, Thomson Road to city, SLE and connection to Seletar Aerospace Hub..... definitely much better than CCK.

CCK pricing is slightly above Yishun but for what reason? no idea at all....

8CY is at the heart of all goodness to come.

yjcai
10-03-12, 12:37
Yishun Hub upcoming and 8CY is the nearest condo to it other than the one integrated with the hub itself.

Coupled with NSE, Thomson Road to city, SLE and connection to Seletar Aerospace Hub..... definitely much better than CCK.

A lot of millitary facilities in CCK though Yishun maybe got more

mantrix
10-03-12, 14:19

CCK can boast it is Upper Upper Bukit Timah :D

But seriously, Northwest can't match North in terms of amenities and connectivity (in future) - what with SAP and regional hub and more transport links, enhanced by a growing population that will serve as push factors for more facilities...

DC33_2008
10-03-12, 14:39
Seletar Aerospace seems to be selling point of a lot of new developments in the north and north east.

Komo
10-03-12, 19:54
Seletar Aerospace seems to be selling point of a lot of new developments in the north and north east.

10,000 jobs!! maybe they are already considering a mrt line going round there !:D

Pro888
10-03-12, 21:12
Mrt line is very likely. Can't be only bus services for these 10-15 k people. Connecting big towns like Yishun, Punggol & Pasir Ris.

solsys
10-03-12, 22:25
10,000 jobs!! maybe they are already considering a mrt line going round there !:D

Seletar Aerospace Hub is Changi Business Park 10 years ago.

Nman
10-03-12, 22:28

Today an agent brought a person to view his unit, but the person did not offer, probably he did not like the unit.

xemz127
10-03-12, 22:32
Mrt line is very likely. Can't be only bus services for these 10-15 k people. Connecting big towns like Yishun, Punggol & Pasir Ris.

Yeah then make the NS12 as interchange to this northern coastal line hehe!! :D

Nman
10-03-12, 22:43
Yeah then make the NS12 as interchange to this northern coastal line hehe!! :D

Yeah, and if there is an MRT interchange built before 2014, then I think that the PAP will win with more than 80% of the votes in the 2016 general elections in Yishun because NS12 will not only benefit the residents around the mrt station but it also reduces the crowd at NS13(Yishun).

xemz127
10-03-12, 23:14
Yeah, and if there is an MRT interchange built before 2014, then I think that the PAP will win with more than 80% of the votes in the 2016 general elections in Yishun because NS12 will not only benefit the residents around the mrt station but it also reduces the crowd at NS13(Yishun).

hope KBW is reading your posts here n tmr u will get the NS12! :D

Pro888
11-03-12, 00:20
hope KBW is reading your posts here n tmr u will get the NS12! :D

Not only KBW & Shamugun getting more votes, DPM Teo too....If Coastal line
is announced. Going to Changi Airport for northlanders will only be 30mins or so.

Nman
13-03-12, 13:41
is announced. Going to Changi Airport for northlanders will only be 30mins or so.

Dear all 8 cy members, let talk again our future dream, some time got dream rather then nothing. But hope our dream can come true. fyi yesterday i dream i take MRT at NS12 to Orchard Road Big Sales. Like real, when i wake up = 0 :confused:

mantrix
13-03-12, 21:54

Coastal line likely after TSL is announced....

from grapevine heard it's gonna be woodlands --> YCK --> punggol --> pasir ris --> changi...

:beats-me-man:

I think this line is above ground - to enjoy the spectacular views :D

solsys
14-03-12, 01:30

from grapevine heard it's gonna be woodlands --> YCK --> punggol --> pasir ris --> changi...

Lol, is that why you are looking at YCK properties?

Or is it the other way around? You vested in YCK already?

NorthernStar
14-03-12, 08:24

Why LTA want to de-tour From Woodland to YCK then back to punggol? why they want to skip the SAP? Forumers has been saying there is another line start from YCK to SAP. Are you implying LTA going to revise these 2 planned routes?

if this line is built above ground, how they connect with Punggol MRT?

Why Yishun and Sembawang are being ignored? All i see the parks are improved but not the public transportation. The recent announced new road take care of SAP more than benefiting most of the Yishun and Sembawang folks. and yet, they are adding more BTOs/ECs/Condos in this area.:doh:

LTA not under MND?

btw, forest area cum the hill along Yishun Ave 1 are almost cleared. More BTOs coming..

xemz127
14-03-12, 09:18
Why LTA want to de-tour From Woodland to YCK then back to punggol? why they want to skip the SAP? Forumers has been saying there is another line start from YCK to SAP. Are you implying LTA going to revise these 2 planned routes?

if this line is built above ground, how they connect with Punggol MRT?

Why Yishun and Sembawang are being ignored? All i see the parks are improved but not the public transportation. The recent announced new road take care of SAP more than benefiting most of the Yishun and Sembawang folks. and yet, they are adding more BTOs/ECs/Condos in this area.:doh:

LTA not under MND?

btw, forest area cum the hill along Yishun Ave 1 are almost cleared. More BTOs coming..

haha.. mantrix said the news from the "grapevine".... so don't be too overreacted :D

since you said the BTO/EC/Condo are all concentrated at the north now.. it means that MND is working up the plan to boost the north population and to justify their coming plans on the north..

NorthernStar
14-03-12, 09:24
haha.. mantrix said the news from the "grapevine".... :D
I read Mantrix's post before. I believe Mantrix's post do have some "ingredients" inside. Can't 100% ruled out his info..:D

xemz127
14-03-12, 09:30
I read Mantrix's post before. I believe Mantrix's post do have some "ingredients" inside. Can't 100% ruled out his info..:D

then we can only hope that this "coastal line" news from mantrix is not true ba haha... if it happens to be true.. yishun + sembawang will really vote the opposition liao next GE.. so many ministers in this area but bring nothing to this area... KBW somemore is the MND boss.. if he can't do anything about the north.. i don think his ward ppl will be happy with him lo... :tsk-tsk:

or maybe yishun dam is the hindering factor that will add on to the cost of construction for the coastal line? then LTA rather choose the cheaper solution of building at YCK and take advantage of woodlands + mandai TSL infrastructure...

mantrix
14-03-12, 09:42
Wah lau i just said what I heard from hearsay and I kena accused of being vested and implying something etc...just sharing what i heard what....I don't try to be like Basic and hope my posts can affect the property tides hor :tsk-tsk:

i think maybe my sources saw this pic that's why :D

xemz127
14-03-12, 09:59
Wah lau i just said what I heard from hearsay and I kena accused of being vested and implying something etc...just sharing what i heard what....I don't try to be like Basic and hope my posts can affect the property tides hor :tsk-tsk:

i think maybe my sources saw this pic that's why :D

haha there are so many different versions for this future MRT plan.. this one definitely outdated already coz TSL is not in it.. but i really hope the coastal line should at least take care of northlanders lah.. if for the cost reason and skip the big area of sembawang+yishun... then for F it's called coastal line.. better change name to seletar line lah... take care of SAP ppl can d lo..... :banghead:

mantrix
14-03-12, 10:05
haha there are so many different versions for this future MRT plan.. this one definitely outdated already coz TSL is not in it.. but i really hope the coastal line should at least take care of northlanders lah.. if for the cost reason and skip the big area of sembawang+yishun... then for F it's called coastal line.. better change name to seletar line lah... take care of SAP ppl can d lo..... :banghead:

long time never catch up with my LTA friend....maybe time to do so again....go fish for info....:D

scully Sembawang got LRT liao or they link the park to Woodlands Waterfront :D:D

xemz127
14-03-12, 10:11
long time never catch up with my LTA friend....maybe time to do so again....go fish for info....:D

scully Sembawang got LRT liao or they link the park to Woodlands Waterfront :D:D

wah i like this hear-say hahhaa!!! yeah faster go fish fish info leh... help to ask ask the NS12 also leh.... :D

LRT to link yishun + sembawang + woodlands lah... then will be NBD liao haha!! North Business District :p

mantrix
14-03-12, 10:24
wah i like this hear-say hahhaa!!! yeah faster go fish fish info leh... help to ask ask the NS12 also leh.... :D

LRT to link yishun + sembawang + woodlands lah... then will be NBD liao haha!! North Business District :p

Maybe Sembawang Park developed into 1 degree North yacht dock for the ultra rich from Malaysia....easy to park their boats....and they turn Sembawang into a luxury hub with waterfront mall and giant theme park :D

xemz127
14-03-12, 10:32
Maybe Sembawang Park developed into 1 degree North yacht dock for the ultra rich from Malaysia....easy to park their boats....and they turn Sembawang into a luxury hub with waterfront mall and giant theme park :D

sorry to say but this is unlikely lah... coz the coast in sembawang already contaminated by the sembawang shipyard itself.. the water there is so dirty ...

mantrix
14-03-12, 11:08
sorry to say but this is unlikely lah... coz the coast in sembawang already contaminated by the sembawang shipyard itself.. the water there is so dirty ...

if they can clean up Danga Bay nothing is impossible...it's a matter of whether they want to spend the money or not...:)

xemz127
14-03-12, 13:38
if they can clean up Danga Bay nothing is impossible...it's a matter of whether they want to spend the money or not...:)

you also don't look good at north liao.. you think gov wana spend so much money into that area meh... gov rather spend more money in CBD + marina bay only..... :beats-me-man:

mantrix
14-03-12, 15:39
you also don't look good at north liao.. you think gov wana spend so much money into that area meh... gov rather spend more money in CBD + marina bay only..... :beats-me-man:

no, if SAP becomes wildly successful and a fat cash cow u can bet a lot more forces in parliament lobbying to improve the north...to attract financial sector talents we have the marina bay, but to attract aerospace talents u'll need to furnish the area with the same kind of amenities as well...

LRT, more malls, coastal line, uber cool groovy hubs...all these will be hastened...

Let's see :D

xemz127
14-03-12, 18:18
no, if SAP becomes wildly successful and a fat cash cow u can bet a lot more forces in parliament lobbying to improve the north...to attract financial sector talents we have the marina bay, but to attract aerospace talents u'll need to furnish the area with the same kind of amenities as well...

LRT, more malls, coastal line, uber cool groovy hubs...all these will be hastened...

Let's see :D

mantrix has spread the optimism liao haha.. last time i read your posts you were negative about north leh.. :D

but i dont hope the SAP be the sole factor for the north to be successful ler... because SAP is closer to YCK and seletar instead of yishun and sembawang.. i hope there will be another high-tech industry in the north itself rather than the north-east...

like you said ma... coastal line from woodlands > YCK is already cutting steam for northlanders liao haha! :banghead:

mantrix
14-03-12, 19:32
mantrix has spread the optimism liao haha.. last time i read your posts you were negative about north leh.. :D

but i dont hope the SAP be the sole factor for the north to be successful ler... because SAP is closer to YCK and seletar instead of yishun and sembawang.. i hope there will be another high-tech industry in the north itself rather than the north-east...

like you said ma... coastal line from woodlands > YCK is already cutting steam for northlanders liao haha! :banghead:

i hope they are not too affected by rumours lah...everywhere else is overvalued so only good things can come to north :D

Apart from SAP, Woodlands is in progress to be the regional hub of the north as well, so all the nearby areas will benefit greatly.

Yishun centre is also expanding, all that remains is for Sunplaza to be sold and Admiralty to get another hawker centre :D

dazzleboy
15-03-12, 16:25
Construction progress as of 11-Mar-2012

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o85/dazzleboy/IMG_0732.jpg

ktl
15-03-12, 23:53
looks like foundation has been completed ... only cranes are left

xemz127
16-03-12, 06:48
looks like foundation has been completed ... only cranes are left

foundation completed for inner side.. but the outer side is still muddy eh.. :o

ktl
16-03-12, 09:28
foundation completed for inner side.. but the outer side is still muddy eh.. :o

Inner side is the one with underground carpark right. Muddy side has no underground carpark. Wonder if it makes any difference

xemz127
16-03-12, 09:35
Inner side is the one with underground carpark right. Muddy side has no underground carpark. Wonder if it makes any difference

i think it doesn't concern with the underground carpark.. the condo can't just build on the muddy base right.. haha .. there should be a concrete base before it will start building up.. and in this case.. they are still in the phase of foundation by placing the heavy squarish "rocks" on the soil to solidify it... can see it from the picture .. :)

Nman
16-03-12, 10:31
Letter received for another 10% payment. how about you all?

Komo
16-03-12, 10:37
has the developer launched all units or still keeping back the better ones?:D

ktl
16-03-12, 10:49
Letter received for another 10% payment. how about you all?
Same here, notified foundation done

Nman
16-03-12, 11:05
has the developer launched all units or still keeping back the better ones?:D

look at the yesterday sales volume for month of Feb hit 2k++, I think they may kp some or increase the psf.

dazzleboy
16-03-12, 16:47
Nman & ktl,

Next 10% means total 30%?
Which block is your unit?

solsys
17-03-12, 14:07
Nman & ktl,

Hmmm... I haven't receive anything yet.

Nman
17-03-12, 20:30
Nman & ktl,

block E.. facing pool

ktl
18-03-12, 01:02
Nman & ktl,

block d facing the pool

dazzleboy
18-03-12, 08:15
Thanks and noted.

Tower D and E foundation is done as per my photo.

I'm at Tower H. Still muddy land.

devilplate
18-03-12, 10:45
Dn forget those on the showflat.....i tink take another 1yr to recive the letter

azeoprop
18-03-12, 10:52
Dn forget those on the showflat.....i tink take another 1yr to recive the letter

Always buy the stack where the showflat is or at the entrance of the construction site for maximum delay in payments. They will be the last to be built. :p

E.g. tower 6 of 8@w and blk10C/D of minton.

mantrix
18-03-12, 12:07
Always buy the stack where the showflat is or at the entrance of the construction site for maximum delay in payments. They will be the last to be built. :p

E.g. tower 6 of 8@w and blk10C/D of minton.

but they may not be the best stack right....

anythingwhatever
18-03-12, 15:04
but they may not be the best stack right....
As mentioned, the suggestion is for buyers who prefer to stretch the payments.

Yeah, near entrance usually means near road and thus more noise.

So individual buyer need to exercise own judgement ler.

Nman
18-03-12, 16:12
Those areas without basement car park maybe the piling can be done very quickly.

Nman
21-03-12, 10:39
More then a wk never hear from Pro888 comnt, any good news?

Pleong
29-03-12, 16:20
Saw the stack of towers building up, but seems like the units are very closed to each other! Starting to look like that area is really small to house 600over units..

Noexit
29-03-12, 16:28
Yes i agree with you every morning i pass my 8 court yard the place is so small and so close my god lucky didnt buy , the artist impression like misleading
Saw the stack of towers building up, but seems like the units are very closed to each other! Starting to look like that area is really small to house 600over units..

solsys
29-03-12, 19:02
Yes i agree with you every morning i pass my 8 court yard the place is so small and so close my god lucky didnt buy , the artist impression like misleading

Lol, if you call this close, you should check out those low rise with 500 units. If owner never draw curtains, confirm free show!

Noexit
30-03-12, 18:43
Yah but is really close . The centre just leave a small plot of land for swimming pool .
Lol, if you call this close, you should check out those low rise with 500 units. If owner never draw curtains, confirm free show!

solsys
30-03-12, 21:46
Yah but is really close . The centre just leave a small plot of land for swimming pool .

Let's dispel this closeness once and for all.

See the red circles in the picture attachment? They are recreational spaces, looks like 50% of the land are living space.

solsys
30-03-12, 21:49
More then a wk never hear from Pro888 comnt, any good news?

He went undercover in LTA, SMRT, Comfortdelgro, MND, HDB..... :D

pinkpolkadot
02-04-12, 12:37
We started to look for a new home to stay in the past few weeks. Went to 8CY yesterday. It looked impressive. We would love to have a ground unit and face greenery but the few units left are not ideal. Another unit we are considering is on the top few floor. Good facing. However it is "far" from the sight of the surrounding beauty. :doh:

We wonder whether there will be any more such courtyard/greenery concept in the coming lunches?

solsys
02-04-12, 13:43
We started to look for a new home to stay in the past few weeks. Went to 8CY yesterday. It looked impressive. We would love to have a ground unit and face greenery but the few units left are not ideal. Another unit we are considering is on the top few floor. Good facing. However it is "far" from the sight of the surrounding beauty. :doh:

We wonder whether there will be any more such courtyard/greenery concept in the coming lunches?

Top few floors..... are you referring to unblock view facing east.... can see until Simpang and Johor?

pinkpolkadot
02-04-12, 13:51
The stack facing the pool.

solsys
02-04-12, 14:25
The stack facing the pool.

icic, looks like u prefer the lower floors where u look out of window, u see trees swaying....

can consider Canberra Residences? Low rise project. Bro Pro888 vested there.

pinkpolkadot
02-04-12, 14:56
Yes. And feel like landed property. :D

solsys
02-04-12, 15:12
Yes. And feel like landed property. :D

My unit at Northoaks feels like this.

It's quite nice to see and hear the palm trees swaying and people walking up and down with pets or strollers.....

However, it is important not to face the pool else the noise will drown the serenity.

pinkpolkadot
02-04-12, 15:17
Which facing is yours?

azeoprop
02-04-12, 15:29
The nautical and Miltonia residences fit your description too, you can go take a look at their showflat.

:D

Pleong
02-04-12, 16:15
Agreed that pool facing units are the noisy lot especially the high floors cos noise travel upwards. However those pools facing at 8courtyard seems to be those with unblock views. I bought mine at D2-17 facing courtyard hope it offer the serenity that Im looking for..

pinkpolkadot
02-04-12, 19:04
Agreed that pool facing units are the noisy lot especially the high floors cos noise travel upwards. However those pools facing at 8courtyard seems to be those with unblock views. I bought mine at D2-17 facing courtyard hope it offer the serenity that Im looking for..

Quite a distance from the pool. Is it facing a spa? It looks like a nice facing ....

When did you buy? Were they many buyers? If we had started house hunting earlier, we would had chiong.

pinkpolkadot
02-04-12, 19:11
The nautical and Miltonia residences fit your description too, you can go take a look at their showflat.

:D

They are already launched. We are looking at new launches. Any upcoming ones?

azeoprop
02-04-12, 23:25
You might want to keep an eye for the launch of this site in Yishun:
http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Yishun+condo+site+sees+8+bids/

pinkpolkadot
03-04-12, 13:34
ok thanks. We are also looking at other areas.

Nman
12-04-12, 17:36
Contruction progress update 11-4-2012

Nman
12-04-12, 17:44
look like now doing basement + 2nd storey ....

solsys
12-04-12, 19:02
Great job Bro Nman.... looks like the progression is accelerating! :p

Nman
20-04-12, 10:25

Possible NS12 at tis location near to the elctc station to Hdb area.

Nman
20-04-12, 10:29

Near to the block G

xemz127
20-04-12, 11:50

haha bro Nman.. i speculated another one @

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12424&page=51

IMHO... the MRT station will be more suitable at the intersection of canberra link and new road Canberra lane connecting to CR. This intersection of yishun ave7 too small for MRT station and not suitable because too closed to 8CY already... there are huge land reserved along canberra link

Nman
20-04-12, 13:25
haha bro Nman.. i speculated another one @

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=12424&page=51

IMHO... the MRT station will be more suitable at the intersection of canberra link and new road Canberra lane connecting to CR. This intersection of yishun ave7 too small for MRT station and not suitable because too closed to 8CY already... there are huge land reserved along canberra link

Hi 127, over there also can, but that place not near to housing estate. I don't think they can consider tat places.

NorthernStar
20-04-12, 13:34
Hi 127, over there also can, but that place not near to housing estate. I don't think they can consider tat places.
Looked at Tuas area, industrial area also can served by MRT. ;)

The guided plan for NS12 is also the LRT station for Simpang area. Hence bigger land is needed. Let cross finger the original plan still hold..:cheers1:

xemz127
20-04-12, 14:02
Looked at Tuas area, industrial area also can served by MRT. ;)

The guided plan for NS12 is also the LRT station for Simpang area. Hence bigger land is needed. Let cross finger the original plan still hold..:cheers1:

if there are LRT plan for NS12, there will be more buyers rush to this area like seeing another punggol new town at north..

i think so far only the Far North forum ppl know there's one NS12.. the rest of others don't really care.. i'm afraid only we care and listen to our own complains... KBW did pay a visit last month to housing estate of Canberra drive.. anyone complains no NS12...? i doubt so.... :beats-me-man:

they can always justify for the tuas extension by saying a lot of workers there blah blah blah... and marina bay extension by saying it's important for central core region blah blah blah... canberra?? who cares and who knows....? even circle lines open to nobody's lands...

Nman
20-04-12, 15:07
Some of YS and YE and HDB near by resdn feed back to LTA, I believed KBW knw about tis issue. happen or not very much depend on them,,

NorthernStar
20-04-12, 17:27
if there are LRT plan for NS12, there will be more buyers rush to this area like seeing another punggol new town at north..

i think so far only the Far North forum ppl know there's one NS12.. the rest of others don't really care.. i'm afraid only we care and listen to our own complains... KBW did pay a visit last month to housing estate of Canberra drive.. anyone complains no NS12...? i doubt so.... :beats-me-man:

they can always justify for the tuas extension by saying a lot of workers there blah blah blah... and marina bay extension by saying it's important for central core region blah blah blah... canberra?? who cares and who knows....? even circle lines open to nobody's lands...
i don't expect NS12 to be built in next 10 years.. any date earlier will be the ++ :D

This forum already biased the north mah.. Far North??? Why no far East or far West?:D The driving distance is about the same if drive to Orchard from either Boon Lay or Pasir Ris or Woodlands.

Nman
25-04-12, 22:22
SMRT to spend $900 million in NS and EW MRT line upgrade . Hope that these funds can be use for another new MRT Station (NS12). :D

hyenergix
25-04-12, 23:00
SMRT to spend $900 million in NS and EW MRT line upgrade . Hope that these funds can be use for another new MRT Station (NS12). :D

Unlikely add a new station in next years. Lines v unstable now. V dangerous to add complexity. 10 years time maybe.

xemz127
26-04-12, 09:46
Unlikely add a new station in next years. Lines v unstable now. V dangerous to add complexity. 10 years time maybe.

agreed.. now the SMRT is facing chaos in its operation.. i don't think NS12 will be built in this period of time already .. sad... :beats-me-man:

Nman
26-04-12, 14:31
agreed.. now the SMRT is facing chaos in its operation.. i don't think NS12 will be built in this period of time already .. sad... :beats-me-man:

In that case have to write again till it happen.:cheers4:

Nman
04-05-12, 15:37
Upgrade
Yishun MRT
station

http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20120131/3101VOP017.pdf (http://imcmsimages.mediacorp.sg/CMSFileserver/documents/006/PDF/20120131/3101VOP017.pdf)

carbuncle
04-05-12, 16:40
Upgrade
Yishun MRT
station

Upgrade by building high concrete fence with electric barbed wire around it to prevent future terrorist planning?

solsys
04-05-12, 21:11
Upgrade by building high concrete fence with electric barbed wire around it to prevent future terrorist planning?

Maybe the government realises too many people think too highly about MRT and perhaps this is a conspiracy to get people to take more buses as they know the MRT capacity limits have been breached...........

Perhaps, we will only see the old trains working again when Thomson Line, DTL commences.

This will also reduce the perception of people that near MRT is the best and prevent a MRT property bubble.

Reduce congestion by introducing problems, divert the attention to buses network while the train network is in works to expand.

Just like inciting war to divert people from economic internal issues.

carbuncle
04-05-12, 23:38
Maybe the government realises too many people think too highly about MRT and perhaps this is a conspiracy to get people to take more buses as they know the MRT capacity limits have been breached...........

Perhaps, we will only see the old trains working again when Thomson Line, DTL commences.

This will also reduce the perception of people that near MRT is the best and prevent a MRT property bubble.

Reduce congestion by introducing problems, divert the attention to buses network while the train network is in works to expand.

Just like inciting war to divert people from economic internal issues.
A bit far fetched and conspiracy theory like but I guess what you mentioned is plausible...

Nman
11-05-12, 13:52
construction progress very fast.....

solsys
11-05-12, 17:28

*Clap clap*, so nice to see the progression.

As it builds, it appreciates!

Thanks to One Canberra EC!

carbuncle
11-05-12, 17:32

Shit... My fingers itchy liao

xemz127
11-05-12, 19:34

haha happy Nman! and your sister on the CR? :D

Nman
14-05-12, 22:58
haha happy Nman! and your sister on the CR? :D

My Sis at Nautical.

Komo
15-05-12, 08:44
8cy not sold yet? cheaper than nautical?:D

rattydrama
15-05-12, 21:29
8cy not sold yet? cheaper than nautical?:D
so many now, difficult to choose leh:D . seems like yishun is china developer play ground for now.

mantrix
15-05-12, 23:01
so many now, difficult to choose leh:D . seems like yishun is china developer play ground for now.

as long as the PRCS dun come along with their ferraris can liao...:doh:

Pro888
16-05-12, 00:37
Sold another 15 units and should be able to sell more. 87% overall thanks to 1Canberra

% sold
91% Parc RS
93% CR
66% Nautical
89% The Miltonia

xemz127
16-05-12, 10:31
as long as the PRCS dun come along with their ferraris can liao...:doh:

they will drive lambo liao... :doh:

xemz127
16-05-12, 10:32
Sold another 15 units and should be able to sell more. 87% overall thanks to 1Canberra

% sold
91% Parc RS
93% CR
66% Nautical
89% The Miltonia

Last i heard was 302/435 ~70% sold liao for Nautical :)

mantrix
16-05-12, 11:36
they will drive lambo liao... :doh:

= more accidents!

Pro888
16-05-12, 13:08
Last i heard was 302/435 ~70% sold liao for Nautical :)

Slow and steady. Generally good result.

rattydrama
16-05-12, 13:34
as long as the PRCS dun come along with their ferraris can liao...:doh:Its a package, cannt be help. :p :p we can only siam....

Nman
17-05-12, 18:03
D1 and D2 hit storey 8 liao. Other about storey 5~7. Today 5pm update.

mantrix
17-05-12, 22:43
Its a package, cannt be help. :p :p we can only siam....

bundled deal?? :D

blackjack21
23-05-12, 17:09
Hi I'm new down here. can anyone update the sales?

Nman
24-05-12, 13:31
Hi I'm new down here. can anyone update the sales?

88%+ sold left 77 unit, i intend to get 2nd unit there stack 37, view not bad, but direct west sun, low flr i think ok.

Nman
24-05-12, 13:41
88%+ sold left 77 unit, i intend to get 2nd unit there stack 37, view not bad, but direct west sun, low flr i think ok.

stck #37 left many more, can choose..

blackjack21
24-05-12, 14:00

Good ha. Still on going. Saw stack 47 and 13 will be a big problem. I wonder why not much takers on 47. Must write to LTA or talk to MP on NS12, if there is an indication it will be much better in public transportation. Looking at circle line, there in Pasir Panjang, not much residential and human traffic are low, but station already built. I dont know what LTA / goovenmen based on what to measure.

rattydrama
24-05-12, 14:48
bundled deal?? :Dtake the cheapest branded 8 courtyard. No string attached. nearer to mrt station if it really opens.....its a matter of when..........buying on hope is better than no hope.

xemz127
24-05-12, 16:38
Good ha. Still on going. Saw stack 47 and 13 will be a big problem. I wonder why not much takers on 47. Must write to LTA or talk to MP on NS12, if there is an indication it will be much better in public transportation. Looking at circle line, there in Pasir Panjang, not much residential and human traffic are low, but station already built. I dont know what LTA / goovenmen based on what to measure.

based on CCR.. RCR.. or OCR... OCR then wait long long and more justifications :(

Nman
24-05-12, 17:04
take the cheapest branded 8 courtyard. No string attached. nearer to mrt station if it really opens.....its a matter of when..........buying on hope is better than no hope.

Yes, im thinking got hope better than no hope. that why i ask my brother to consider here rather then other place if the price almost the same.

Nman
24-05-12, 17:09

can try lah, my fren wrote in before, they reply aware of tis station , but never reply when. i think talk to MP or recomend by MP faster.

pinkpolkadot
24-05-12, 17:50

Where are stack 47 and 13 facing?

blackjack21
24-05-12, 21:30
Where are stack 47 and 13 facing?

Stack 13 near entrance, kanna west sun.
Stack 47 near function hall. Dont understand leh.

blackjack21
24-05-12, 21:40
can try lah, my fren wrote in before, they reply aware of tis station , but never reply when. i think talk to MP or recomend by MP faster.

No lah, when wrote in they are giving same reply, same answering machine, wasting time with them liao. They monitor si pei long leh, dont know those XXXX LTA officer is sleeping or what, wasting all our citizen $$. Jia Liao Bi

blackjack21
24-05-12, 21:42
based on CCR.. RCR.. or OCR... OCR then wait long long and more justifications :(

Than pick the hammer and hammer the lightning loh.

xemz127
24-05-12, 22:08
No lah, when wrote in they are giving same reply, same answering machine, wasting time with them liao. They monitor si pei long leh, dont know those XXXX LTA officer is sleeping or what, wasting all our citizen $$. Jia Liao Bi

that's why we hope that the huge land opposite of the future NS12 currently undergoing soil test, will be the best justification for the NS12 that planned since 20 years ago.... :o

Pro888
24-05-12, 23:35
Normally after few months of soil test, tender will be called.

Last industrial land at ave 6 will be open for tender in Jun, so need to open up new site.

NS12 wldn't be another 20 years, but surely, the bet is higher now.

pinkpolkadot
25-05-12, 08:29
Stack 13 near entrance, kanna west sun.
Stack 47 near function hall. Dont understand leh.

Near function hall.... more noisy?

blackjack21
25-05-12, 13:22
Near function hall.... more noisy?

I dun think so, its still a distance away. Still wondering.....

blackjack21
25-05-12, 13:25
that's why we hope that the huge land opposite of the future NS12 currently undergoing soil test, will be the best justification for the NS12 that planned since 20 years ago.... :o

You mean you knew the actual spot of NS12?

xemz127
25-05-12, 16:10
You mean you knew the actual spot of NS12?

i think most of us know where it is... along the yishun ave2 and after simpang kiri big longkang.... empty land already ready for the new NS12 station...

you can measure the length of empty land after that longkang until the next new road junction (canberra lane that connected to canberra drive for Canberra Residences) which remained close till today.. just nice one MRT train length..:cheers1:

solsys
28-05-12, 22:54
Last transaction at $866psf. :D

Still undervalued. :D

When Yishun hub launches........... hee hee hee.......

blackjack21
29-05-12, 16:57
Last transaction at $866psf. :D

Still undervalued. :D

When Yishun hub launches........... hee hee hee.......

Which stack? and it is on high floor?
By the way where is Yishun hub going to be situated?

Nman
29-05-12, 17:07
Which stack? and it is on high floor?
By the way where is Yishun hub going to be situated?

Yishun interchange there

yyly1327
29-05-12, 22:38
Infact Govt should get ready NS12 MRT before many of the residential side TOp coming 2014/2015. I notice that some of the circle line MRT Station not many passenger , but they still build the station there. NS 12 near by have many housing already, It on hold 10yr++ since NS line operated, Look like no body care, Complaint to MP, etc. So that it may hold for anothe 10yr. i think must alert authotities, otherwise no action taken. wait and wait again , with MRT Station there those who stay near the Ave 7 HDB/ landed house/ PC(YS and YE) / industrial employee / can use the facility by walking distance rather then all squee at Yishun MRT station. To LTA , if they want to build MRT station like Dover not difficult, I think less then a year, Operating cost to gov or big organisation small matter lah. Depend on they want / dun want. Just remeber as a service and convinience to resident nearby.Agree. LTA should plan ahead before one canberra and 8 courts TOP

Adva181
29-05-12, 23:52
i think most of us know where it is... along the yishun ave2 and after simpang kiri big longkang.... empty land already ready for the new NS12 station...

you can measure the length of empty land after that longkang until the next new road junction (canberra lane that connected to canberra drive for Canberra Residences) which remained close till today.. just nice one MRT train length..:cheers1:

NS12 will be built like Dover station. Add on to the track. No underground station.

xemz127
30-05-12, 08:50
NS12 will be built like Dover station. Add on to the track. No underground station.

Yeap correct :)

for those who can read chinese, the Simpang new town plan should realize soon with its soil test.. yesterday reports about the Bidadari, also mentioned about Tengah and Simpang :cheers1:

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local%2BNews/Story/OMYStory201205291520-338426.html

政府也将开发登加和新邦新镇。完整报道,请翻阅29.05.2012《联合晚报》。

that's the reason why you can see the clearence of simpang area just opposite the NS12 track in progress now..

Komo
30-05-12, 13:28
is the show flat still open? any good units still available?:D

Nman
30-05-12, 15:17
is the show flat still open? any good units still available?:D

Yes, left about 76unit more then 88% sold..

Nman
30-05-12, 15:21

track ready 18year ago, Just short of one "Shell".

Nman
30-05-12, 15:24
Agree. LTA should plan ahead before one canberra and 8 courts TOP

Hope it can ready before 2016..

xemz127
31-05-12, 09:58
Agree. LTA should plan ahead before one canberra and 8 courts TOP

LTA is not the proactive gov agency nowadays.. it's more like the passive agency waiting for something to trigger them to fix something.. they should have foreseen that NSL can't afford the capacity of passengers 10 years ago but failed to respond at the right time and intro the TSL that "hope" to complete by 2018 earliest.. :beats-me-man:

so hoping LTA to build the NS12 by taking into the consideration of project TOP there.. it's kinda hard.. have to push very very hard on this...

Nman
31-05-12, 15:45
LTA is not the proactive gov agency nowadays.. it's more like the passive agency waiting for something to trigger them to fix something.. they should have foreseen that NSL can't afford the capacity of passengers 10 years ago but failed to respond at the right time and intro the TSL that "hope" to complete by 2018 earliest.. :beats-me-man:

so hoping LTA to build the NS12 by taking into the consideration of project TOP there.. it's kinda hard.. have to push very very hard on this...

Agreed , i will push again.

xemz127
31-05-12, 17:53
Agreed , i will push again.

a bit hopeless d.. MND replied priority is bidadari > tengah > simpang... :(

Nman
31-05-12, 22:40
a bit hopeless d.. MND replied priority is bidadari > tengah > simpang... :(

Nvm , ask to build NS12 station 1st, simpang development later.

Pro888
01-06-12, 23:59
Progressing fast. By year end should be able to reach the top.

dazzleboy
02-06-12, 08:43
Progressing fast. By year end should be able to reach the top.

Towers B, C, G, H1 still haven't start

solsys
02-06-12, 11:24
PC at EC price..... where to find...... only at 8CY.

:jump-for-joy:

Komo
02-06-12, 15:33
PC at EC price..... where to find...... only at 8CY.

:jump-for-joy:
so why is price so cheap? FE project some more:confused:

Pleong
07-06-12, 16:25
I bought the D2 - 17 stack, and the more they built the more disappointed I am! The units are so closed together! With zero view!

Pleong
07-06-12, 16:26
I bought the D2 - 17 stack, and the more they built the more disappointed I am! The units are so closed together! With zero view!

Nman
07-06-12, 17:38

I think ok, from far away looks close, I think ok. full serenity courtyards view no problem

solsys
07-06-12, 23:20
I think ok, from far away looks close, I think ok. full serenity courtyards view no problem

Agree. From far everything looks close.

Noexit
07-06-12, 23:31
Furthermore this project a lot of greeny plants they going to plants and even the units are block are close, I think the greeny will make them look nice and privacy :47:

Agree. From far everything looks close.

Pikachu1245
08-06-12, 21:52
Furthermore this project a lot of greeny plants they going to plants and even the units are block are close, I think the greeny will make them look nice and privacy :47:

Hi I'm a newbie here. While greenary is good, my fren who stays in Yishun says there is a bat that fly to her bathroom. Hope the greenary will not attract any bats to 8 courtyards:confused: Anyone has similar experience?

NorthernStar
09-06-12, 18:02
Hi I'm a newbie here. While greenary is good, my fren who stays in Yishun says there is a bat that fly to her bathroom. Hope the greenary will not attract any bats to 8 courtyards:confused: Anyone has similar experience?
Heard similar cases in other places eg. reservoir area. It is like strike 4D..At least, you can tell your friends: Batman visited your house..:D

solsys
09-06-12, 22:19

Sengkang Condos also got!

Living on 10th floor and a bat flew in!

Pikachu1245
09-06-12, 23:17
Heard similar cases in other places eg. reservoir area. It is like strike 4D..At least, you can tell your friends: Batman visited your house..:D

My friend says 'bian fu' got the word 'fu', so is lucky and she went to buy 4 D. Never heard from her yet, not sure strike or not. Anyway as I am scared of bat :doh: hope you are right in that bats commonly appear and fly near reservoir. By logic, this means Estuary has a higher change of getting a bat in the bathroom, lol :banana:

Pikachu1245
09-06-12, 23:27
Sengkang Condos also got!

Living on 10th floor and a bat flew in!

My friend's unit is 7th floor. You mention 10th floor. Does that means bats fly around these heights from Sengkang, Mac Richie Reservoir, Yishun ...lol :scared-1:

7th floor + 10 floor + (what number ???)
710_ , alamak :doh: still lack of 1 number to buy 4 d in order to get the 'fu' liao woh..:jaw-dropping:

Pikachu1245
09-06-12, 23:33
Hi everyone , realise the fencing covering Canberra Lane has been taken down. Hubbie took a walk there from eight courtyards and says it takes about 8-12 mins from eight courtyards (near electrical switch board) to potential NS12 site . Hope the NS12 is up soon.:rolleyes:

Kanarazu
10-06-12, 00:12

These fruit bats in yishun have their mating season around may-jun period and tends to crash into people's house in their heat. There could some small gaps in the building where bats roost, eg. Top floor where the vertical wall slab meets the roof slab of a prefabricated hdb building. Get the town council to seal it up and the bats will go away.

Pro888
10-06-12, 01:29
Hi everyone , realise the fencing covering Canberra Lane has been taken down. Hubbie took a walk there from eight courtyards and says it takes about 8-12 mins from eight courtyards (near electrical switch board) to potential NS12 site . Hope the NS12 is up soon.:rolleyes:

One Canberra shall be the nearest EC to mrt.

Prices for Yishun Emerald, Sapphire etc will add another $100psf at least.

NorthernStar
10-06-12, 08:27
My friend says 'bian fu' got the word 'fu', so is lucky and she went to buy 4 D. Never heard from her yet, not sure strike or not. Anyway as I am scared of bat :doh: hope you are right in that bats commonly appear and fly near reservoir. By logic, this means Estuary has a higher change of getting a bat in the bathroom, lol :banana:
one of the cases i heard was at the bedok reservoir area. not sure the level #. fruit bat need large forested area to feed. guess canberra area low chance to see them.:2cents:

Kanarazu
10-06-12, 09:49
one of the cases i heard was at the bedok reservoir area. not sure the level #. fruit bat need large forested area to feed. guess canberra area low chance to see them.:2cents:

Sometimes it could be fruit trees planted along roads that offers them the area to operate within. Bats landing in homes is likely because there could be a roosting area inside the building, so just have to check that out and eliminate the roosting area. I used to have bats crashing into my house 3 days in a row during the june month, because they were trying to land at the roosting area underneath the roof slab and the flying skills were unfortunately bad enough. Now the roof gap is fixed and the bats no longer fly near my home. :)

xemz127
10-06-12, 10:22

haha! sorry to let you down.. this thread they are interested at the batman story now :D

oh is it?? didn't jog there for one week and already taken down the fencing? anyway i have walked on that new road canberra lane many times d.. the connection between the canberra lane and canberra drive is not yet done.. probably need another half year.. then 2013 we hope to hear the announcement of NS12.. *cross-finger*!!! :cool:

Pikachu1245
17-06-12, 07:43
Anyone any idea the who the architect is for 8 courtyards?
Heard from developer agent it is one that develop sentosa cove.

Realise some blocks are 14-storey, others are 15-storey wondering why?

hyenergix
17-06-12, 07:46
haha! sorry to let you down.. this thread they are interested at the batman story now :D

oh is it?? didn't jog there for one week and already taken down the fencing? anyway i have walked on that new road canberra lane many times d.. the connection between the canberra lane and canberra drive is not yet done.. probably need another half year.. then 2013 we hope to hear the announcement of NS12.. *cross-finger*!!! :cool:

LTA and SMRT management are busy enough with the breakdowns. No chance of NS12. All resources will be directed to solving the CURRENT problem, redesigning CURRENT constructions, and handling CURRENT public complaints.

Pikachu1245
17-06-12, 07:46
These fruit bats in yishun have their mating season around may-jun period and tends to crash into people's house in their heat. There could some small gaps in the building where bats roost, eg. Top floor where the vertical wall slab meets the roof slab of a prefabricated hdb building. Get the town council to seal it up and the bats will go away.

Thanks Kanarazu for the insightful fruit bats behaviour. Guess have to be more careful during may-jun peiod.

Pikachu1245
17-06-12, 07:48
LTA and SMRT management are busy enough with the breakdowns. No chance of NS12. All resources will be directed to solving the CURRENT problem, redesigning CURRENT constructions, and handling CURRENT public complaints.

Guess you mean it will be delayed?

Pro888
17-06-12, 10:51
Guess you mean it will be delayed?

LTA is a big organisation with many different depts handling different issues & projects same like other big or smaller organisations. It not efficient for the whole gp of ppl to tackle the current issue. Further, they do not have the knowledge or expertise to cross to another field.

Build has to build. Problem has to be solved and not solving one issue but snowballing the other problem.

Apparently, Yishun mrt is way to crowded during peak hours. With many BTOs & PCs etc coming up in a few years time + Yishun Hub (surely many Sembawang esp, Woodlands & Yio Chu Kang/ AMK residents coming here to shop). Not possible to handle with the small platform.

hyenergix
17-06-12, 11:39
LTA is a big organisation with many different depts handling different issues & projects same like other big or smaller organisations. It not efficient for the whole gp of ppl to tackle the current issue. Further, they do not have the knowledge or expertise to cross to another field.

Build has to build. Problem has to be solved and not solving one issue but snowballing the other problem.

Apparently, Yishun mrt is way to crowded during peak hours. With many BTOs & PCs etc coming up in a few years time + Yishun Hub (surely many Sembawang esp, Woodlands & Yio Chu Kang/ AMK residents coming here to shop). Not possible to handle with the small platform.

When the house is on fire, I don't think the owner will think of building another one next to it so soon.

solsys
17-06-12, 11:48
Hehe.... they will have to announce if P** want my vote in the next round of elections.

Besides, once the road infrastructure is up, the rail network will come next.

Nman
17-06-12, 16:20
Hehe.... they will have to announce if P** want my vote in the next round of elections.

agreed. NS12 very soon to prevent yishun MRT over flow by 2014. 2016 election

hyenergix
17-06-12, 20:52

Are you trying to bribe our whiter than white guys? Want to lim kopi? :D

solsys
17-06-12, 21:03

I'm a small fry only, if invited to lim kopi means I made it liao.....

Lol, i wonder what do they use to bleach their uniform, very white hor.....

8CY building progress proceeding well.

Hee.....:D

hyenergix
17-06-12, 21:08
I'm a small fry only, if invited to lim kopi means I made it liao.....

Lol, i wonder what do they use to bleach their uniform, very white hor.....

8CY building progress proceeding well.

Hee.....:D

No escape even if you are tiny fish like our little Reuben Wang. Place your coffee order first: kopi O, kopi C.... :p

solsys
17-06-12, 21:20
No escape even if you are tiny fish like our little Reuben Wang. Place your coffee order first: kopi O, kopi C.... :p

Milo Dinosaur and Cool Rhino please.

hyenergix
17-06-12, 21:26
Milo Dinosaur and Cool Rhino please.

That's a place in Changi that might serve these :cheers2:

Pro888
17-06-12, 23:03

Then wat abt $500 mil for Sembawang & $600 mil for Yishun prior to GE ?

Solsys just telling them wat he wish for and same for many of us here which make it easier for them.

Yishun population will increase by 30% to 40% in a few years time. That's abt 2-3 times current Potong Pasir estate.

xemz127
18-06-12, 09:38

agreed with bro888.. a big organization like LTA should have the different expertise to tackle different issues and crisis.. it's not wise to pour the whole engineering team to solve the NSL and EWL current outdated old system.. rather should assign the correct team to take care of that...

if followed "house on fire" logic, that means the DTL, TSL and ERL must immediately stop working now and assign the whole team to put out fire.. that's not possible.. :tsk-tsk:

but i do agree that current situation should be addressed first, and by solving the current issue, the new signalling system should have taken into the consideration of NS12 + NS6 future expansion.. if LTA and SMRT only wana upgrade the system but without these two stations into big picture, i would only say they failed in their professionalism and criticism is on the way...

xemz127
18-06-12, 09:45

Solsys just telling them wat he wish for and same for many of us here which make it easier for them.

Yishun population will increase by 30% to 40% in a few years time. That's abt 2-3 times current Potong Pasir estate.

haha.. when the politicians hanging the carrots, we wana bite the carrots.. what's the wrongdoings here :cheers1:

solsys
18-06-12, 11:26

I abit disappointed with P** reply on the S$500 million because only Police Station and Mosque.

I never use any of them.

NorthernStar
18-06-12, 12:12
I abit disappointed with P** reply on the S$500 million because only Police Station and Mosque.

I never use any of them.

can town council uses the fund for worship building? what is the actual reply from P** or TC? can share their reply here?:D

solsys
18-06-12, 14:21
can town council uses the fund for worship building? what is the actual reply from P** or TC? can share their reply here?:D

Excerpt from KBW's representative reply to the $500 million for Sembawang GRC replied recently.......

The bulk of $500 million consists of the various upgrading programmes such as the Home Improvement Programme (HIP), Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) and Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP), for the public housing in our town. *

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

We will progressively inform residents through our quarterly newsletter – Hearttalk. Meanwhile, we have featured an article on the upgrading of Sembawang Park (Page 16-17) in our latest issue of Hearttalk.

There's another thread on the S$500 million.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11977

NorthernStar
18-06-12, 16:24
Excerpt from KBW's representative reply to the $500 million for Sembawang GRC replied recently.......

The bulk of $500 million consists of the various upgrading programmes such as the Home Improvement Programme (HIP), Neighbourhood Renewal Programme (NRP) and Lift Upgrading Programme (LUP), for the public housing in our town. *

Our Town Renewal Plan also includes the upgrading of Sembawang Park, Schools, new Mosque and Police Station. In addition, there will be more public and private housing units to be built in our town. Marsiling Heights, Woodlands Dew and Montreal Dale are just some of the new developments in Sembawang GRC.

We will progressively inform residents through our quarterly newsletter – Hearttalk. Meanwhile, we have featured an article on the upgrading of Sembawang Park (Page 16-17) in our latest issue of Hearttalk.

There's another thread on the S$500 million.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=11977
Thanks for sharing... I saw much have been done for Yishun pond, Yishun park, lower seletar reservoir. Nothing much done for Sembawang. :(

xemz127
18-06-12, 16:26
Thanks for sharing... I saw much have been done for Yishun pond, Yishun park, lower seletar reservoir. Nothing much done for Sembawang. :(

heard that Sembawang Park will be upgraded.. but so far I didn't see much progress yet.. bottle tree sembawang also closed down d.. so just wait and see... :o

Pikachu1245
19-06-12, 22:43
:2cents:
Anyone any idea the who the architect is for 8 courtyards?
Heard from developer agent it is one that develop sentosa cove.

Realise some blocks are 14-storey, others are 15-storey wondering why?

For those vested in Eight Courtyards,

Manage to find out that the architect is Laud Architects.

Indeed from their website below, it is involved in sentosa cove.

http://www.laudarchitects.com/

Personally, I feel the architects is brilliant in design the 'Wellness Courtyard' and 'Spa Courtyard' with a 'lower level giving a 'stream' leading to them. hence I believe those on the same side of these 2 courtyards will be 15-storey blocks (e.g. H1, H2, H3) whereas the blocks on the other side of the pool (D1,D2, E1 etc with serenity courtyard, discovery courtyard etc) will be 14-storey block so that all will have same height. Brilliant indeed...

Any comment anyone?
;)

blackjack21
20-06-12, 11:41
Update all,

Till last Sunday, left 73 units and thank you 1 canberra.
;) ;) ;)

solsys
23-06-12, 12:43
new EC price = new PC price.

Next leg is for the surrounding PCs to climb.

Admiralty area condos already climbing..... not to mention Yishun Emerald and Sapphire.

Nman
24-06-12, 16:12
:doh: so fast...

blackjack21
24-06-12, 22:27
:doh: so fast...

From the photos, can see that speed is real fast. 2 weeks ago saw that is only on 9th sty

Pikachu1245
05-07-12, 22:39
From the photos, can see that speed is real fast. 2 weeks ago saw that is only on 9th sty

At this rate, hope it can TOP by end of next year (2013) or early 2014.

Cant'd wait to see how the outcome are (especially the 8 courtyards) and

whether it will appear similar as indicated by the marketing materials.....:rolleyes:

flagship74
05-07-12, 23:03
At this rate, hope it can TOP by end of next year (2013) or early 2014.

Cant'd wait to see how the outcome are (especially the 8 courtyards) and

whether it will appear similar as indicated by the marketing materials.....:rolleyes:

If china can built a 12 story high hotel in 3 days, i don't see a issue with the local contractors..:scared-4:

xemz127
13-07-12, 15:34
STREET NAME
CANBERRA DRIVE
PROPERTY TYPE
PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL
TENURE
99 YRS FROM 2010
DISTRICT / PLANNING AREA
D27 / YISHUN
COMPLETION
UNCOMPLETED
NUMBER OF UNITS
654 UNITS
INDICATIVE PRICE RANGE / AVERAGE*
$769 - $883 PSF / $825 PSF
INDICATIVE RENTAL RANGE / MEDIAN^
-
IMPLIED RENTAL YIELD
-
HISTORICAL HIGH
$1,049 PSF IN MAY 2011 FOR A 452-SQFT UNIT
INDICATIVE AVERAGE PRICE FROM HISTORICAL HIGH
21.3%
HISTORICAL LOW
$638 PSF IN MAY 2011 FOR A 1,399-SQFT UNIT
INDICATIVE AVERAGE PRICE FROM HISTORICAL LOW
29.3%
EST. % OF UNITS < 500 SQFT
2.5%
BUYER PROFILE BY STATUS#
SINGAPOREANS 74.9%, PR 17.3%, COMPANY 0.4%
BUYER PROFILE BY PURCHASER ADDRESS#
HDB 68.9%, PRIVATE 31.1%

LG168
19-07-12, 12:55
dear 8cy owners, any one can tel stack 37 can buy? West sun but good facing, Spa C.yard View some more, can't understand why so many unit left? overall project about 91% sold, left 60++ unit. stack 13 also kana west sun, I prefer stack 37 but have to pay a bit more.

Pikachu1245
19-07-12, 19:14
dear 8cy owners, any one can tel stack 37 can buy? West sun but good facing, Spa C.yard View some more, can't understand why so many unit left? overall project about 91% sold, left 60++ unit. stack 13 also kana west sun, I prefer stack 37 but have to pay a bit more.

I surpose it depends on whether you value pool view / courtyard view over afternoon sun. If you do, can consider buying. If not, you may consider other options.

Regardless, with upcoming mixed development and new air-con bus interchange and future N12 mrt station (may be coming but don't know when). Upside potential is there..Just my 5c view:o

solsys
20-07-12, 01:53
West sun low floors aka pool facing units ok. Why? The opposite block will shield some direct sun, meaning only kenna early afternoon sun.

this is only applicable in high rise developments with blocks directly opposite each other.

Pleong
23-07-12, 16:17
Wonder have the value gone up since purchased in Apr 2012. ...

solsys
23-07-12, 17:28
highest psf approaching $890psf.

The unlocking of value will be in 2020..... after NSE and maturing of Seletar Aerospace Hub.

The fastest catalyst will be Yishun Hub launch..... I think government holding back to slow the price appreciation.....

xemz127
23-07-12, 19:27

The unlocking of value will be in 2020..... after NSE and maturing of Seletar Aerospace Hub.

The fastest catalyst will be Yishun Hub launch..... I think government holding back to slow the price appreciation.....

fastest and most efficient catalyst is the NS12...:sleep:

Pleong
24-07-12, 11:54
hahah yah maybe after the next election..等久就有。
An MRT in between will seriously do justice to 8courtyards and the condos around that area, else the location right now is really in between the two stations not far from Yishun but not walkable either..Planning to sell it after 6yrs after my kid finishes his P school at Chongfu so hope that area is developed by then..

xemz127
24-07-12, 20:24
hahah yah maybe after the next election..等久就有。
An MRT in between will seriously do justice to 8courtyards and the condos around that area, else the location right now is really in between the two stations not far from Yishun but not walkable either..Planning to sell it after 6yrs after my kid finishes his P school at Chongfu so hope that area is developed by then..

haha!! maybe after 6 years when the NS12 is built.. u won't wana sell liao coz more convenient for u :D

solsys
30-07-12, 00:18
606/654 SOLD

92.7% sold.

:spliff:

zzz1
30-07-12, 10:45
606/654 SOLD

92.7% sold.

:spliff:

quite a good sell..

zzz1
30-07-12, 10:46

by then the dfevelopment will be 5-6 year old liao...

propnexlaunches
30-07-12, 16:35
Dearest Property Seekers,

Skies Miltonia will most likely have its preview this September/October.

If you are interested in this upcoming project, you can visit www.propnexlaunches.com/newlaunches/skiesmiltonia/ for registration for the preview as well as to subscribe to the updates and information which will be sent to you as soon as they are released.

Ready yourself for this condo launch with breathtaking views of the Orchid Country Club as well as Seletar Reservoir.

Cheers,
PropnexLaunches.com

LG168
07-08-12, 15:33
E2 stack 25 view very nice, left one unit. i like it, but the price a bit high. facing south , no afternoon sun. almost full swimming pools view, any one purchase stack 25? Thank you.

solsys
08-08-12, 23:47
It's going up real fast..... didn't count the number of storey but some stacks look like they are near their peak of 14,15th storey.

solsys
08-08-12, 23:49
E2 stack 25 view very nice, left one unit. i like it, but the price a bit high. facing south , no afternoon sun. almost full swimming pools view, any one purchase stack 25? Thank you.

Not sure but there's a Facebook group, "8 courtyards" that you can join and seek people who bought E2, stack 25. :spliff:

Pikachu1245
09-08-12, 15:34
Wondering besides price, potential N12, potential commercial hub, does the park diagonally beside eight courtyards being a consideration for buyer of eight courtyards?

Believe it is good as it freshens the air and provide fresh oxygen to the surroundings where several companies operates:beats-me-man:

solsys
09-08-12, 16:48
Wondering besides price, potential N12, potential commercial hub, does the park diagonally beside eight courtyards being a consideration for buyer of eight courtyards?

Believe it is good as it freshens the air and provide fresh oxygen to the surroundings where several companies operates:beats-me-man:

Block F, Stack 29, 32 with unblock views up to Johor greenery can see the park diagonally as well....

Pleong
10-08-12, 14:59
The so call park diagonal is reserved for One Canberra (will be blocked up by all the blocks once they start building) What view are you talking about?? Anyways find the blocks too close to each other now that they are all stack up, passed by today -the worst block was the one next to the multi-story car park, amost like 5cm away, nice 'carpark' view for those rooms..

solsys
10-08-12, 22:57
The so call park diagonal is reserved for One Canberra (will be blocked up by all the blocks once they start building) What view are you talking about?? Anyways find the blocks too close to each other now that they are all stack up, passed by today -the worst block was the one next to the multi-story car park, amost like 5cm away, nice 'carpark' view for those rooms..

I'm referring to the park diagonally across 8cy traffic junction and not the longkang side park. :p

Pikachu1245
11-08-12, 16:44

Heard all sold out for stack (33 of block G) you are refer to facing carpark partially except the ground floor unit. Believe these blocks still have play courtyards and partial pool view. Wondering whether stack 34 of block G can see the park or not. Stack 34 of G has nice rectangular shape though near junction and near track.Heard only ground floor unit left for stack 34 too.

solsys
11-08-12, 23:10
Cut Paste from facebook group.....

pinkpolkadot
12-08-12, 11:24
Cut Paste from facebook group.....

Looks very clattered. :doh:

Pikachu1245
12-08-12, 16:19
It may seems so when viewed outside.

Realise blocks across pool can have quite good spacing (about 75m) (1.5 X Olympic Size Pool Length between blk 40 of H1 to blk 22 of E1.

This is in comparison with One canberra where the blocks across pool can have spacing of about 33m (less than Olympic Size Pool) e.g. between blk 36 and blk 13.

Guess it is all relative..............

solsys
12-08-12, 23:11

Looks can be deceiving.... Northoaks looks cluttered from outside but is really spacious inside with a supersized pool.

8cy has 8 courtyards surrounding the olympic size pool...... its the inside that matters.

Pikachu1245
13-08-12, 15:36
Looks can be deceiving.... Northoaks looks cluttered from outside but is really spacious inside with a supersized pool.

8cy has 8 courtyards surrounding the olympic size pool...... its the inside that matters.

For 8 courtyards, thanks to the developer Frasers Centrepoint Homes / Far East Organiztion , architects(Laud Architects) and builder (KSH Holdings) that make all these possible.

Pro888
16-08-12, 19:19
Another 20 units sold in July. 93% sold.

KTKW
23-08-12, 19:08
Pardon me if the website looks terrible.. :)

http://skies-miltonia-close.com/

http://skies-miltonia-close.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/test-qr3.png

Pikachu1245
30-08-12, 15:06
Wondering if anyone knows will Yishun Avenue 7 be connected to NSE in future?

Good for drivers from eight courtyard , 1 Canberra & Yishun Saphirre & Yishun Emerald if it does.

NorthernStar
30-08-12, 15:22
Wondering if anyone knows will Yishun Avenue 7 be connected to NSE in future?

Good for drivers from eight courtyard , 1 Canberra & Yishun Saphirre & Yishun Emerald if it does.
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=279463&postcount=277

Pikachu1245
30-08-12, 17:18
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=279463&postcount=277

Thanks for the information.

Now I know why they will be linking Canberra Drive to Sembawang Avenue (if I am not wrong).

Luckily have Canberra Drive (connecting to Sembawang Avenue - in the making ? )

Guess can still use the Canberra Drive road which I believe will be linked to

Sembawang Avenue eventually (though do not know when?).

Nman
30-08-12, 18:02
Thomson line where got benefit to Sembawang and Yishun people?

azeoprop
30-08-12, 19:41
Thomson line where got benefit to Sembawang and Yishun people?

More chances to get a seat at Sembawang and Yishun mrt next time. :D

solsys
30-08-12, 21:28

I think the probability of getting a seat is very high since most woodlanders will take the new trains of Thomson Line.....

Yishun Hub and Woodlands Hub.....

Nice shopping experience plus JB up in the north. :D

NorthernStar
31-08-12, 07:24
for quick glance, i thought opposition got more chances to get a seat..haha.. anyway, have to wait till 2021.. By that time, population reach 6-7Mill?? use double decker MRT cabin then..:D

NorthernStar
31-08-12, 07:33

Now I know why they will be linking Canberra Drive to Sembawang Avenue (if I am not wrong).

From current situation, LTA not planning to extend the Canberra Drive to 8 Courtyards side unless they build it in next few years before NS highway complete. anyway, i guess the faster way for residences of 8-courtyards to get onto NS highway are through the up-ramp along the Sembawang road. Although may need to pass through few traffic lights but better than de-tour to Gambas avenue.

if coming back from town is worst, need to drive further up and U-turn back..

Pikachu1245
31-08-12, 15:51
From current situation, LTA not planning to extend the Canberra Drive to 8 Courtyards side unless they build it in next few years before NS highway complete. anyway, i guess the faster way for residences of 8-courtyards to get onto NS highway are through the up-ramp along the Sembawang road. Although may need to pass through few traffic lights but better than de-tour to Gambas avenue.

Believe have at least 3 of the following choices at the moment then :

1. To go from Canberra Drive, turn left to Yishun Ave 7, then turn left to Yishun Ave 2, left turn again to Sembawang Rd then Sembawang Ave to future NSE

or

2. To go from Canberra Drive, turn right to Yishun Ave 7, turn left to Sembawang Road, then left turn to Sembawang Ave to future NSE

3. To go from Canberra Drive, turn right to Yishun Ave 7,straight to Gambas Avenue left turn again to Sembawang Ave to future NSE

Seems to me Gambas Drive may be more smooth (less traffic stops though not sure).:rolleyes:

Pikachu1245
31-08-12, 15:53

Believe have at least 3 of the following choices at the moment then :

1. To go from Canberra Drive, turn left to Yishun Ave 7, then turn left to Yishun Ave 2, left turn again to Sembawang Rd then Sembawang Ave to future NSE

or

2. To go from Canberra Drive, turn right to Yishun Ave 7, turn left to Sembawang Road, then left turn to Sembawang Ave to future NSE

3. To go from Canberra Drive, turn right to Yishun Ave 7,straight to Gambas Avenue left turn again to Sembawang Ave to future NSE

Seems to me Gambas Drive may be more smooth (less traffic stops though not sure).:rolleyes:

Pro888
02-09-12, 10:03

and lesser of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2F0Vi-cMSw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2F0Vi-cMSw)

Pro888
04-09-12, 12:30
EIGHT COURTYARDS CANBERRA DRIVECondominium11,237,9901,378Strata899Aug-12

Pro888
04-09-12, 14:53

Will be very soon.
July 2012
Dec 2013
Dec 2014:D

Pro888
04-09-12, 14:59
Will be very soon.
July 2012
Dec 2013
Dec 2014:D

Sorry, June 2014 instead

Nman
04-09-12, 15:55
Thomson line long plan also finalised. NS12 track already for 20year & just left one under cover shell as MRT stop. Why so difficult? do simple thing first la... everyone waiting for convinece in and out to pekan and work...

Pikachu1245
04-09-12, 23:02
Sorry, June 2014 instead

Thanks for the positive news.

Great if it (i.e. linking 1 Canberra/ 8 Courtyards to Canberra Residences via Canberra Drive) happens before NSE is built. Can travel via Canberra Drive then. :rolleyes:

solsys
08-09-12, 16:11
just saw from facebook for 8 courtyards that 614 units sold, another 40units more to go before SOLD OUT! :scared-4:

Pro888
08-09-12, 16:21
just saw from facebook for 8 courtyards that 614 units sold, another 40units more to go before SOLD OUT! :scared-4:

Today saw quite a number of cars parked outside the showflat. Sales have picked up again the past 2/3 months.

Pikachu1245
08-09-12, 17:34
Today saw quite a number of cars parked outside the showflat. Sales have picked up again the past 2/3 months.

Possibily these potential buyers realise the psf of eight courtyards should be going up further in the near future as more development of Yishun / woodlands is announced in future?

Though psf of woodlands/yihun condo&ec have been trending up and up for the past years like other areas but the quantum is still low at the moment (e.g. 6XXK - 8XX K for 2/3 bedroom) whereas other areas are going for (7XXK-16XXK for 2/3 bedroom).

Some may even worry if miss the boat this time, only sampan will arrive in future( i.e. can only buy 2 bedder instead of 3 bedder for same price or buy 1 bedder instead of 2 bedder)? :D

Nman
11-09-12, 10:59
Last week another unit sold...... almost clear all except Tower A unit 3 and 4 , mas-bde wall block west sun with harmony cyard view... I think ok...very big 1163sqf

Pikachu1245
15-09-12, 20:14
Last week another unit sold...... almost clear all except Tower A unit 3 and 4 , mas-bde wall block west sun with harmony cyard view... I think ok...very big 1163sqf

8 CY as a Yishun OCR condo has shown slow and steady sales growth. Believe the price growth will also be slow , steady and sustainable. Good for own stay or long term investor. :rolleyes:

solsys
16-09-12, 15:08
latest update from facebook, 37 units left. QE3 will clear everything and 100% sold out is coming soon.

Pikachu1245
17-09-12, 20:46
latest update from facebook, 37 units left. QE3 will clear everything and 100% sold out is coming soon.

Information from property guru:
Latest Recorded Transaction(s) - August 2012Average psf:S$ 838Lowest psf:S$ 797Transactions:8Highest psf:S$ 89

Latest Recorded Transaction(s) - August 2012
Average psf:
S$ 838
Lowest psf:
S$ 797
Transactions:
Highest psf:
S$ 899

Slow and steady price growth. Good and sustainable. :)

Pikachu1245
17-09-12, 20:49
From Property Guru

Latest Recorded Transaction(s) - August 2012
Average psf: S$ 838
Lowest psf: S$ 797
Highest psf: S$ 899
Transactions: 8

Slow and steady price growth. Good and sustainable

Nman
18-09-12, 11:33
today not much thing to do, lunch time will go to opposite 8CY coffee shop makan. Hope can find some good news

Pleong
18-09-12, 15:24
Is it true that those facing pool units can transact higher price as compare to those courtyard facing units?

Nman
18-09-12, 16:21
Is it true that those facing pool units can transact higher price as compare to those courtyard facing units?

Roughly how much diffn ?

Pleong
18-09-12, 16:41
Not too sure just a guess, as that is a general preference? I always noticed ads with statement like 'Pool facing view' , but again there are some who prefer to be quiet away from the noise (esp when u have kids at the pool it can be quite noisy in the evening). In 8cy case most of the units are pool facing, the developer has designed in such a way that most blocks can face the pool which is stack right in the centre.

LG168
20-09-12, 10:23
My unit facing MRT track, some more at high floor. I worried mrt noise may affect our living life.

Pikachu1245
02-10-12, 23:28
My unit facing MRT track, some more at high floor. I worried mrt noise may affect our living life.

Don't worry, many condo (eg. Optima (sold out in 3 days upon launch if not mistaken)/Lakefront($1000 over psf)/Emerald etc.) & hdb are facing mrt track too.

Noise do not just come from mrt but from expressway/main road/bus-stop etc.
Guess will get used to it eventually.

If want to get use to it just go to a noisy highway or mainroad and stay for half an hour for 7 days in first week. After that, you will find noise from mrt is 'not that bad and acceptable' . There are worst noise from highway and mainroad(esp.3-6 lanes busy road).
My 1c view

Nman
03-10-12, 09:15
Don't worry, many condo (eg. Optima (sold out in 3 days upon launch if not mistaken)/Lakefront($1000 over psf)/Emerald etc.) & hdb are facing mrt track too.

Noise do not just come from mrt but from expressway/main road/bus-stop etc.
Guess will get used to it eventually.

If want to get use to it just go to a noisy highway or mainroad and stay for half an hour for 7 days in first week. After that, you will find noise from mrt is 'not that bad and acceptable' . There are worst noise from highway and mainroad(esp.3-6 lanes busy road).
My 1c view

Yes I agreed, mainroad after 12pm may be noise slow down, but highway(PIE) really beh ta han created 24hrs 2 way noise, got this experience when i visit my fren house at block 8XX near NTI Jurong....My fren told me you can get use to car tyre sound, but you forever cannot get use to some small motorcycle sound(many on the road), worst is Harley Davidson, lucky not many in Spore.

solsys
03-10-12, 09:53
MRT noise is ok because it's monotonous and intervals of 10-15mins.

Road and Highway will be the worst......

Pikachu1245
04-10-12, 23:28
With impact of QE3 by US , 40billion per month, what is the impact to private property including eight courtyards in Singapore?
Will property price go up or down in the near future?
Your guess is as good as mine. :rolleyes: