PDA

View Full Version : North-South Expressway (Singapore)

ecimbew
19-01-11, 21:25
Are you affected? How do find out if you are affected? How much will you be compensated? :scared-4::scared-4:

ecimbew
19-01-11, 21:30
LTA has not disclosed the land they are acquiring to construct the North-South Expressway but we do know some areas are affected. Namely, Toa Payoh Rise, Pemimpin Place, Sin Ming Ave, Ang Mo Kio Ave 8, Admiralty Road West, etc.

http://app.lta.gov.sg/corp_press_content.asp?start=6a7bcf33te328k6rzif7edeb8v1wk55gjd7pvaj49x050eqm5q
http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/Annex%20A%20NSE.pdf

We do know that Marymount Terrace and Marymount Convent will be acquired from the news. (http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4587702)

kingkong1984
19-01-11, 21:35
I sense it's a precursor to mrt line...

Mrt line will affect more landed there

Lovelle
19-01-11, 21:41
does garmen compensate fully based on evaluation price ?

looks like more owner has to look for condos soon

kingkong1984
19-01-11, 21:43
Market rate, got 2 yrs to move. Soak up some condo units. Not much but it helps.

ecimbew
19-01-11, 21:52
Marymount Terrace and Peminpin Place

Lovelle
19-01-11, 21:59
good timing, bishan new plot is coming up for them

kingkong1984
19-01-11, 22:02
Now tresalvo near expressway liao, bad bad... There's also risk for the other plots in between these 2 to be cleared.

amk
19-01-11, 22:24
Once the detail line is out, many condos along the line will be hit.
Tresalvo not so bad already as this section is a tunnel, so only need to endure construction noise and inconvenience for 10 yrs :scared-4:
Others like Northoaks, Seletaris and lentor arera are directly beside the open high way :scared-4: Will be noisy and inconvenient for the next 10 yrs, and noisy ever after :scared-4: :scared-4:

And the thomson section. That bunch of new condos by CDL at the junction will probably be affected too.

Location location.

Lao Hu
19-01-11, 22:31
Looking at the LTA map, NSE is going to be on Lentor Ave, Sembawang Road, Gambas Ave, Admirality Road West.

devilplate
20-01-11, 00:05
north areas ppty will rise.....just like sengkang/punggol HDBs become more popular after KPE operates.....time to hoot north? hmmm....probably north areas will be on my shortlisted areas during next cycle:D

some gain some lose....wat to do?

ecimbew
20-01-11, 00:47
Based on the rough sketch reported

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_625821.html

DC33_2008
20-01-11, 07:58
You can have your own independent valuation but SLA will conduct its own valuation. Who do you think it will follow at the end of the day?
does garmen compensate fully based on evaluation price ?

looks like more owner has to look for condos soon

jitkiat
20-01-11, 08:42
Developers can ask for high valuation for new home. Resale/subsale owners can ask for COV when selling. When gov acquires your land, you can only pray.

azeoprop
20-01-11, 09:43
Canberra residences will now be just beside an expressway to city. :rolleyes:

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 10:19
which area is "Marymount Convent"? since the school and kindergarten said they are staying put?

We do know that Marymount Terrace and Marymount Convent will be acquired from the news. (http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4587702)

ecimbew
20-01-11, 11:25
which area is "Marymount Convent"? since the school and kindergarten said they are staying put?

According to TODAYonline,

"... houses along Marymount Terrace, as well as several properties on the Marymount Convent site including the Orange Valley Nursing Home, the Good Shepherd Chapel and Rose Villa, will have to relocate.

However, Marymount Kindergarten and Marymount Convent School will remain where they are."

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110120-0000166/North-South-Expressway-gets-the-go-ahead

ecimbew
20-01-11, 11:29
I feel sorry for those having to move because of North South Expressway. I know Marymount Terrace owners are pretty pissed off because they have endured construction for Circle line. Now that Circle line is completed, they are asked to move. :hell-hath-no-fury:

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 11:30
ic. thanks for the good info. :) so basically only all the 29 terraces along marymount terrace (are these freehold?) and those big plots at marymount convent (non residential) are affected.

i wonder which are the part lots but looks like those semi-ds along peminpin place with back facing marymount road maybe get part of their land bought back.

According to TODAYonline,

"... houses along Marymount Terrace, as well as several properties on the Marymount Convent site including the Orange Valley Nursing Home, the Good Shepherd Chapel and Rose Villa, will have to relocate.

However, Marymount Kindergarten and Marymount Convent School will remain where they are."

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110120-0000166/North-South-Expressway-gets-the-go-ahead

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 11:32
but that area is pretty weird. one gahmen project after another to endure. 10 years here, 10 years there with only a few years of peace in between.

I feel sorry for those having to move because of North South Expressway. I know Marymount Terrace owners are pretty pissed off because they have endured construction for Circle line. Now that Circle line is completed, they are asked to move. :hell-hath-no-fury:

amk
20-01-11, 11:35
well to look at this in perspective, in 2008 they already knew this plot of land will be used. so u cannot say they are not aware. lots of ppl around that area know abt this.

The real sorry ones are those along lentor, amk ave 6. now they have to live next to a highway. the noise will be unbearable. condo like castle green was already half dead. after this, it's confirmed dead. EC like Nuovo finally can sell after 5yrs, but with this, no way it's going to make much. Those who sold early is really lucky (I know someone who did last year)

devilplate
20-01-11, 11:39
any firesales coming??? hmm

teddybear
20-01-11, 11:55
Another problem with landed - easier to get acquired and ask to move. :banghead:

ic. thanks for the good info. :) so basically only all the 29 terraces along marymount terrace (are these freehold?) and those big plots at marymount convent (non residential) are affected.

i wonder which are the part lots but looks like those semi-ds along peminpin place with back facing marymount road maybe get part of their land bought back.

amk
20-01-11, 11:58
u like Nuovo firesale ? ;) just imagine the road on the left with the highway viaduct. the noise is going to be unbearable.

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/a/f/e/5/afe58a5157239_1_V550.jpg

BV
20-01-11, 12:10

Yes, the terraces (the ones with the blue roofs) at Marymount Terrace are freehold. Tenure doesn't matter when the government wants your land.. haha

In addition, there is a plot of land at the junction, directly opposite the Marymount MRT/RJC too. It is freehold and held by Soon Lian, the same developer as the terraces, Tresalveo and Boonview. It was used to hold the Tresalveo showflat previously. Wonder if it's acquired as well? Was kinda looking forward to a condo there previously.

Guess it serves Soon Lian right for not developing its Ah Gong's legacy land earlier... :)

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 12:23
already main road + mrt track. now + expressway viaduct? maybe the noises will cancel each other off? LOL :ashamed1:

u like Nuovo firesale ? ;) just imagine the road on the left with the highway viaduct. the noise is going to be unbearable.

http://i2.propertyguru.com.sg/images/thumb/a/f/e/5/afe58a5157239_1_V550.jpg

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 12:28
ya, i think gahmen sure makan that plot too. the real Ah gong show soon lian who is the ah gong hahaha. anyway soon lian designs their condos quite poorly. also considered waste of precious freehold land hee.

Yes, the terraces (the ones with the blue roofs) at Marymount Terrace are freehold. Tenure doesn't matter when the government wants your land.. haha

In addition, there is a plot of land at the junction, directly opposite the Marymount MRT/RJC too. It is freehold and held by Soon Lian, the same developer as the terraces, Tresalveo and Boonview. It was used to hold the Tresalveo showflat previously. Wonder if it's acquired as well? Was kinda looking forward to a condo there previously.

Guess it serves Soon Lian right for not developing its Ah Gong's legacy land earlier... :)

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 12:30
gotta agree with teddy on this. :)

Another problem with landed - easier to get acquired and ask to move. :banghead:

BV
20-01-11, 12:37
ya, i think gahmen sure makan that plot too. the real Ah gong show soon lian who is the ah gong hahaha. anyway soon lian designs their condos quite poorly. also considered waste of precious freehold land hee.

I agree about the design part haha.. But there aren't many pieces of freehold land that near an MRT station anymore. It's a pity.

Government did mention that after the NSE is completed, they may sell some of the land used during its construction as residential plots. But that's a long time away, and also it's definitely going to be 99LH.

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 12:38
http://business.asiaone.com/Business/My%2BMoney/Opinion/Story/A1Story20100405-208511/2.html

at least one fella is publicly known to have bot a nuovo penthouse hee.

well to look at this in perspective, in 2008 they already knew this plot of land will be used. so u cannot say they are not aware. lots of ppl around that area know abt this.

The real sorry ones are those along lentor, amk ave 6. now they have to live next to a highway. the noise will be unbearable. condo like castle green was already half dead. after this, it's confirmed dead. EC like Nuovo finally can sell after 5yrs, but with this, no way it's going to make much. Those who sold early is really lucky (I know someone who did last year)

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 12:40
precisely! the best bet would be beside the marymount pri. large plot of land with possibly reservior views.

I agree about the design part haha.. But there aren't many pieces of freehold land that near an MRT station anymore. It's a pity.

Government did mention that after the NSE is completed, they may sell some of the land used during its construction as residential plots. But that's a long time away, and also it's definitely going to be 99LH.

focus
20-01-11, 12:52
Wa... The new Expressway runs along the MRT line ...
AMK Centro is opp the AMK MRT Line, so means Centro owner will get Expressway now?

bunnipet
20-01-11, 12:57
Question arh...

Nuovo's pool is so near the road. how to build expressway over there?
Get rid of pool too? Jia lat?

Anyhow.. what do you mean by semi-tunnel???

Movehouseloh
20-01-11, 13:06
Anyone knows if Grandeur 8 will be affected..? And what abt Boonview?:)

amk
20-01-11, 13:26
focus: Centro is facing amk ave 8 I think. the via duct is along ave 6, not far behind. Not as bad as Nuovo though.

bunnipet: semi-tunnel, think a tunnel without the top covered. much cheaper than a real tunnel since you simply just cut the ground.

movehouseloh: grandeur 8, is it the one beside Centro show flat ? then it's similar to Centro. facing MRT track and the back is the via duct.

BV
20-01-11, 13:30

Seems like the Grandeur 8 and Boonview/Seasons View are probably not going to be affected by the land acquisition. Though they will have to bear with massive construction works nearby for a prolonged period of time.

Extracted from the news:

"The LTA also said it has planned extensively and carefully for the new highway to minimize the impact on the public.

In all, the government will acquire 38 lots of land entirely and 33 lots partially. They will include about 25 terrace houses at Marymount Terrace, and part of Marymount Convent which houses the living quarters of nuns and a nursing home.

Also affected are industrial land owned by JTC Corporation as parts of fences, boundary walls and grass verges of condominiums such as Nuovo, Castle Green and Seletaris."

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 13:30
looks like both are underground there? so maybe on inconvenience during building?

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 13:39
total disaster for those 3 condos leh. even if dun lose much land also hinting that the expressway viaduct will be very very very close.

Seems like the Grandeur 8 and Boonview/Seasons View are probably not going to be affected by the land acquisition. Though they will have to bear with massive construction works nearby for a prolonged period of time.

Extracted from the news:

"The LTA also said it has planned extensively and carefully for the new highway to minimize the impact on the public.

In all, the government will acquire 38 lots of land entirely and 33 lots partially. They will include about 25 terrace houses at Marymount Terrace, and part of Marymount Convent which houses the living quarters of nuns and a nursing home.

Also affected are industrial land owned by JTC Corporation as parts of fences, boundary walls and grass verges of condominiums such as Nuovo, Castle Green and Seletaris."

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 13:41
doesn't look like its viaduct after the yio chu kang mrt. could be just tunnel?

focus: Centro is facing amk ave 8 I think. the via duct is along ave 6, not far behind. Not as bad as Nuovo though.

bunnipet: semi-tunnel, think a tunnel without the top covered. much cheaper than a real tunnel since you simply just cut the ground.

movehouseloh: grandeur 8, is it the one beside Centro show flat ? then it's similar to Centro. facing MRT track and the back is the via duct.

amk
20-01-11, 13:54
doesn't look like its viaduct after the yio chu kang mrt. could be just tunnel?

yea u r rite, seems like it... full tunnel after that...so just 10ys of inconvenience

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 14:11
7 years. 2013 to 2020. 2 more years of peace. :)

yea u r rite, seems like it... full tunnel after that...so just 10ys of inconvenience

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 14:13
say, isn't thomson mrt line also due to be constructed during the same period and completed in 2020? then how? all the main north south roads all jammed up from 2013 to 2020? :doh:

ecimbew
20-01-11, 14:13

If you have missed the Straits Times (20 Jan 2011), it wrote: "... the government will acquire 38 lots of land entirely and 33 lots partially. They include about 25 terrace houses at Marymount Terrace, and the part of Marymount Convent that houses the living quarters of nuns and nursing home. Also affected are industrial land owned by JTC Corporation as well as parts of fences, boundary walls and grass verges of condominiums such as Nuovo, Castle Green, Seletaris and Bullion Park." :scared-5::scared-5::scared-5::scared-5:

ecimbew
20-01-11, 14:26
On page A6, it continued: "Marymount Terrace. This road running parallel to Marymount Road has a row of 26 terrace houses built 16 years aog. They are near the Circle Line's Marymount MRT station, which is about a five-minute walk away.

Marymount Convent. Land housing the Good Shepherd Convent, home of the Good Shepherd nuns. However, Marymount Convent School next door will not be affected.

The Seletaris in Sembawang, as well as the Nuovo, Bullion Park and Castle Green in Yio Chu Kang, will have part of their fences, boundary walls and grass verge acquired.

Industrial estates. These are owned by JTC and HDB in places like Sin Ming and Woodlands, where companies suh as CityCab and 3M Singapore lease space for their operations."

Also reported on page A6 are: "High among the worries of Marymount Terrace residents is hunting for a new home. 'Everyone knows that property prices are so high nowadays, where am I going to find the money to get a new home? All my money is here!' Claimed a resident who wanted to be known as Mrs Lee who bought a terrace 10 years ago. Madam E Koh found it hard to accept that they would have to leave less than 2 years after the nearby Marymount MRT station was completed. One resident in her 80s sobbed when she heard the news. Her first thought was how she would not be able to visit her neighbour every day for coffee and a chat once they no longer live side by side. She said: 'It's hard for senior citizens like us to move around. After 16 years of living together, it's hard to just let go.' At the Marymount Convent, the living quarters of the Good Shephard nuns and a nursing home are affected. The nuns said they were grieving at the prospect of losing their home. They declined to say more. They held a meeting yesterday to discuss future plans."

SAD! :(

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 14:39
much as this is about sentimental value, where they move on from here actually depends on how much money the gahmen is going to give them. sigh.

On page A6, it continued: "Marymount Terrace. This road running parallel to Marymount Road has a row of 26 terrace houses built 16 years aog. They are near the Circle Line's Marymount MRT station, which is about a five-minute walk away.

Marymount Convent. Land housing the Good Shepherd Convent, home of the Good Shepherd nuns. However, Marymount Convent School next door will not be affected.

The Seletaris in Sembawang, as well as the Nuovo, Bullion Park and Castle Green in Yio Chu Kang, will have part of their fences, boundary walls and grass verge acquired.

Industrial estates. These are owned by JTC and HDB in places like Sin Ming and Woodlands, where companies suh as CityCab and 3M Singapore lease space for their operations."

Also reported on page A6 are: "High among the worries of Marymount Terrace residents is hunting for a new home. 'Everyone knows that property prices are so high nowadays, where am I going to find the money to get a new home? All my money is here!' Claimed a resident who wanted to be known as Mrs Lee who bought a terrace 10 years ago. Madam E Koh found it hard to accept that they would have to leave less than 2 years after the nearby Marymount MRT station was completed. One resident in her 80s sobbed when she heard the news. Her first thought was how she would not be able to visit her neighbour every day for coffee and a chat once they no longer live side by side. She said: 'It's hard for senior citizens like us to move around. After 16 years of living together, it's hard to just let go.' At the Marymount Convent, the living quarters of the Good Shephard nuns and a nursing home are affected. The nuns said they were grieving at the prospect of losing their home. They declined to say more. They held a meeting yesterday to discuss future plans."

SAD! :(

dh
20-01-11, 14:45
my understanding from the pics, the viaduct will hit the road before current slip road to sle along lentor. with 400m for road level, by the time its near bullion park, it will probably going down into semi / tunnel mode liao. thus, bullion onwards should be semi / tunnel alrdy.

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 14:48
from cost effective angle... if its it not a inter junction... flat surface road is the cheapest. Easy to maintain also. No need lights too.

So wishful thinking there...

The place there you have semi underpass is at the junction near to Grandeur 8. Cross junctions!

greenhorn
20-01-11, 14:53
The landed stock just got a trim. LTA joining Developers in enblocing landed homes for further development potential... Ha. ;)

sleek
20-01-11, 14:56
Will there be a difference between compensation for FH & LH properties? :confused:

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 15:10
there should be since both are based on market values?

but i m sure the values won't be very exciting for the home owners. :mad: SAD!

Will there be a difference between compensation for FH & LH properties? :confused:

Movehouseloh
20-01-11, 15:11
So Grandeur 8 kenna 7 yrs construction and then bad fengshui thereafter? Was looking for a unit there, not sure how this will affect the prices...:)

bargain hunter
20-01-11, 15:15
will bad fengshui meh? not digging under their ground mah hehehe.

So Grandeur 8 kenna 7 yrs construction and then bad fengshui thereafter? Was looking for a unit there, not sure how this will affect the prices...:)

Movehouseloh
20-01-11, 15:25
Hehe as along as underground and no visible cross junction then I think its fine for me...just the contruction inconvenience then.....:)

dh
20-01-11, 15:41
from cost effective angle... if its it not a inter junction... flat surface road is the cheapest. Easy to maintain also. No need lights too.

So wishful thinking there...

The place there you have semi underpass is at the junction near to Grandeur 8. Cross junctions! along with the rest of affected home owners, really hope that lta do not hv similar cost concerns as urs. else, we will surely in for a roller coaster ride when using NSE... hahaha

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 15:43
The noise will kill u, bikes at high speed is a night mare! Those that gives out white smoke. The train tracks already so noisy, now some blocks have to look at the tunnel. Tunnels are dark and noiser if no roof. Nuvo plot got smaller means roads are closer. A lot of buyers dun like to stay beside expressway right?

Bad luck and perhaps bad fengshui too. Price drop!

dh
20-01-11, 16:09
could this be it??? for ur viewing pleasure http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Homes+affected+by+the+North+South+Expressway/

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:09
the map here (taken from h88)

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-01-20/nse_large.jpg (http://http//www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-01-20/nse_large.jpg)

Inagaki
20-01-11, 16:11

It's a plus point. So near, but not near enough for the noise...at least something good going for it after the 4th round cooling measures..

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:17
hmmm Northoaks, Seletaris and Euphony Gardens will be next to NSE.

Times like these buying pool-facing units pays off tremendously...

those facing the expressway, good luck to their asking prices.

Those facing away, they may even see their prices appreciate a little due to the extra convenience (especially if next to entrance to KSE) :2cents:

amk
20-01-11, 16:30
the map here (taken from h88)

http://www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-01-20/nse_large.jpg (http://http//www.h88.com.sg/images/content/2011-01-20/nse_large.jpg)

h88 copied the map from someone else. this is the original source:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=576523

h88 did not mention the source, I think it's not very nice.

mantrix
20-01-11, 16:41
h88 copied the map from someone else. this is the original source:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=576523

h88 did not mention the source, I think it's not very nice.

they did lah....

they quoted, "An amazing approximate close-up view of the NSE (made by y2koh from Skyscrapercity)"

focus
20-01-11, 18:14

Eh.. http://forums.condosingapore.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1987&d=1295458861

The blue line is running along the AMK MRT line leh .. take a look.

But probably underground?

Ok sorry.. the H88.COM.sg shows the line from Ave 8 instead , so you are probably right.

azeoprop
20-01-11, 18:23
Actually this "expressway" is not as good as CTE. It does not go all the way into the city and ends at thomson road to face the mega jam there.... :doh:

focus
20-01-11, 18:31
Eh.. actually H88's AMK one is incorrect. It shows Ave 6..
but LTA's one states Ave 8 (Centro)..

mantrix
20-01-11, 18:41
Which is which? But LTA already said which properties will be affected leh...how come Northoaks not mentioned (though it's next to the line)?

amk
20-01-11, 18:53
Eh.. actually H88's AMK one is incorrect. It shows Ave 6..
but LTA's one states Ave 8 (Centro)..

1st of all it's not H88's. It's y2koh's ;)
It has to be ave 6 lah. Otherwise how to join marymount ? Lta map is probably showing the road next to it..

Azeopro: the official announcement is only for the north portion. It's expected to go all the way down and possibly join ECP.

fooll8
20-01-11, 18:54
I believe it should be AMK ave 6. If you look LTA anouncement, only the road junctions are mentioned:
http://www.lta.gov.sg/images/Annex%20A%20NSE.pdf

SLE, AMK Ave 8 (junction of AMK Ave6 and Ave8) , Sin Ming Ave, Peminpin. Other than AMK Ave8, the rest are all horizontal roads.

Antione
20-01-11, 19:58
AMK Ave 8 is written to show you the start of the tunnel. Hence, Grandeur 8 is saved as that stretch is underground . But I think Y2K drew the tunnel starts at Ave 5 instead. Anyway, it will still be 100m away at least.

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 21:10
AMK Ave 8 is written to show you the start of the tunnel. Hence, Grandeur 8 is saved as that stretch is underground . But I think Y2K drew the tunnel starts at Ave 5 instead. Anyway, it will still be 100m away at least.
I read the map differently, grandeur 8 might not be as affected as previously thought. But if it is going to start from amk ave 8, then u need to understand the terrain, hilly up after junction of grandeur eight. The entrance should be before grandeur 8 and then tunnel towards centro. Wait for tender...

cl0ver
20-01-11, 21:10
i guess Clover owners will be safe..... far away from the noise, but hopefully near enough to enjoy the access.....
whooopeeeeeee

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 21:29
i guess Clover owners will be safe..... far away from the noise, but hopefully near enough to enjoy the access.....
whooopeeeeeee
Yes confirm safe, lucky as clover

Antione
20-01-11, 21:31
I read the map differently, grandeur 8 might not be as affected as previously thought. But if it is going to start from amk ave 8, then u need to understand the terrain, hilly up after junction of grandeur eight. The entrance should be before grandeur 8 and then tunnel towards centro. Wait for tender...
You can't twist and turn an expressway in short distance. The most natural flow is to travel through AMK Ave 6 and then reach Marymount Road. Thus, my interpretation is the semi-tunnel ends at junction of AMK Ave 8 and enter into the tunnel from there, then run through the rest of Ave 6, and exit at junction of Sin Ming Ave

kingkong1984
20-01-11, 21:35
You can't twist and turn an expressway in short distance. The most natural flow is to travel through AMK Ave 6 and then reach Marymount Road. Thus, my interpretation is the semi-tunnel ends at junction of AMK Ave 8 and enter into the tunnel from there, then run through the rest of Ave 6, and exit at junction of Sin Ming Ave
Yes, I agree. Anyway tender will clear the air.

cl0ver
20-01-11, 21:36
Yes confirm safe, lucky as clover

i hope the entrance to the semi tunnel will be from AMK Ave 1......

Komo
20-01-11, 22:08

indicative price is $800-1000 psf...high high liao

devilplate
20-01-11, 22:13
indicative price is $800-1000 psf...high high liao
Simei 1.2kpsf, semb 900 psf.... All see cooling measures no up?

sleek
20-01-11, 22:14
Problem is before you get to enjoy it, you'll need to bear with the massive traffic jams during the construction period. :doh:

whooopeeeeeee

ecimbew
20-01-11, 23:06
1st of all it's not H88's. It's y2koh's ;)
It has to be ave 6 lah. Otherwise how to join marymount ? Lta map is probably showing the road next to it..

Azeopro: the official announcement is only for the north portion. It's expected to go all the way down and possibly join ECP.

Yes, the second half is not announced yet. You can guess where the line will travel. Maybe it will go to Novena, KK Hospital, Little India, Sim Lim Square, Rochor, connects to AYE or West Coast Highway.

cl0ver
20-01-11, 23:10
Yes, the second half is not announced yet. You can guess where the line will travel. Maybe it will go to Novena, KK Hospital, Little India, Sim Lim Square, Rochor, connects to AYE or West Coast Highway.

newspaper says it will connect to ECP

cl0ver
20-01-11, 23:11
Problem is before you get to enjoy it, you'll need to bear with the massive traffic jams during the construction period. :doh:

yes very true.... which means the Marymount road will become single lane...
and forces more to use CTE or Bishan Road to Thomson....
oh well, just take MRT then....

august
20-01-11, 23:19
build mrt everyone happy, build viaduct or tunnel everyone sad sad

Komo
21-01-11, 05:45
Thomson line will probably be along the same route....

mantrix
21-01-11, 06:32
newspaper says it will connect to ECP

With AYE, KPE, PIE and now NSE all linking to ECPn that will be the hottest expressway then!

NSE should just connect after amk straight to MBS with only one exit - like that all huat

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 07:22
Expressway is a fine example that it's good to have but not at my door step, same with stadium, polyclinics n schools. The expressway should link from admiralty to MBS for huat reasons, maybe a bridge will be up 20 yrs later replacing causeway bridge.

At times of uncertainty, prices are discounted anyway, unless lta reveal more details n confirm actual route, grandeur 8 sure affected.

teddybear
21-01-11, 09:16
ECPs will become the most jammed expressways by 2020 (after sharing this status with CTE for a long time). So any news of Southern route for NSE? Go under braddell road, PIE, and link to ECP?

With AYE, KPE, PIE and now NSE all linking to ECPn that will be the hottest expressway then!

NSE should just connect after amk straight to MBS with only one exit - like that all huat

gn108
21-01-11, 09:22
I think its CTE, PIE and then ECP ranking for 'popularity'.
My ride from Siglap to Raffles Place took 20 - 25 mins three years ago (leave hse at 7.45am). Now a similar ride takes 35-45mins and it's no fun.
Pay more in petrol, ERP to boot!

ECPs will become the most jammed expressways by 2020 (after sharing this status with CTE for a long time). So any news of Southern route for NSE? Go under braddell road, PIE, and link to ECP?

devilplate
21-01-11, 09:24
i dun mind 100k COE:hell-hath-no-fury:

devilplate
21-01-11, 09:25
I think its CTE, PIE and then ECP ranking for 'popularity'.
My ride from Siglap to Raffles Place took 20 - 25 mins three years ago (leave hse at 7.45am). Now a similar ride takes 35-45mins and it's no fun.
Pay more in petrol, ERP to boot!

i stay in east...can use PIE/ECP to hit town....but i usually choose ECP....as long dun exit rochor is fine....smtimes exit fort road better:D

gn108
21-01-11, 10:03
Tks.
I take Fort exit coz I don't want to pay the ERP for the ECP.
The times I quote are all for same timing and route.

Just too many cars and with increased density (thro' enbloc etc) its just no fun. I am not prepares to pay 100k COE though.

i stay in east...can use PIE/ECP to hit town....but i usually choose ECP....as long dun exit rochor is fine....smtimes exit fort road better:D

bargain hunter
21-01-11, 10:10
of course not. it will continue along thomson road, cut through your beloved thomson/moulmein junction with a viaduct then down through bukit timah/sungei/ophir roads to reach ECP. hahahahahaha. just joking. :tongue3: :D

amk
21-01-11, 10:33
of course not. it will continue along thomson road

this part could be true... but all should be tunnel already.. go pass Cube 8, then later Thomson EuroAsia, Viva, etc. so just 10ys of inconvenience :scared-5:

bargain hunter
21-01-11, 10:39
yah, after putting up with all the condo construction, now expressway construction hehehe. thomson road is actually wide enough to fly through all the way until the bukit timah junction then go underground? that would really be a disaster for the newly sold (2009 to 2010) condos sold along thomson road.

this part could be true... but all should be tunnel already.. go pass Cube 8, then later Thomson EuroAsia, Viva, etc. so just 10ys of inconvenience :scared-5:

devilplate
21-01-11, 10:47
yah, after putting up with all the condo construction, now expressway construction hehehe. thomson road is actually wide enough to fly through all the way until the bukit timah junction then go underground? that would really be a disaster for the newly sold (2009 to 2010) condos sold along thomson road.

wah....u mean cub8 tat side?

devilplate
21-01-11, 10:59
actually NSE will hit PIE and end at ECP rite.....hmmm...looks like will create bottleneck at PIE & ECP wor:doh:

bargain hunter
21-01-11, 11:03
wild guess lah. and more as a joke. won't want to be flamed by the buyers of cube 8, 368, viva, lucida hehehe.

wah....u mean cub8 tat side?

devilplate
21-01-11, 11:05
wild guess lah. and more as a joke. won't want to be flamed by the buyers of cube 8, 368, viva, lucida hehehe.

lucida...no diff lor...oredi facing CTE mah....viva...hmm...i tink cube8 tat stretch got chance wor...they may even build viaduct instead of tunnel along thomson road!!:scared-3:

the most tricky part is....how they gona connect to ECP!!!

bargain hunter
21-01-11, 11:23
that's what i said. thomson road is wide enough for viaduct.

go all the way down thomson road hit the bukit timah/sungei road area then go underground, then after ophir is ECP liao mah.

lucida...no diff lor...oredi facing CTE mah....viva...hmm...i tink cube8 tat stretch got chance wor...they may even build viaduct instead of tunnel along thomson road!!:scared-3:

the most tricky part is....how they gona connect to ECP!!!

teddybear
21-01-11, 11:30
The area between IRAS building and Novena Square not wide enough for a viaduct. So don't think there will be viaduct through there. Also, if go underground, all buildings there at least 20 storeys-36 storeys high, piling pillars very deep into ground, how to build tunnel? The tunnel must go into centre of the earth first and then come out? :p
Normally for building tunnel usually target low-rise buildings as no deep piling pillars.
For building viaducts need wide enough space on both sides or at least clear on 1 side?

that's what i said. thomson road is wide enough for viaduct.

go all the way down thomson road hit the bukit timah/sungei road area then go underground, then after ophir is ECP liao mah.

devilplate
21-01-11, 11:31

super ultimate dense area wor.......wow...how to build undeground....will spoil building's foundation anot? sorry....i am a noob in these areas...:o

mrt tunnel much narrower....expressway tunnel super wide wor

i just pray they dun cut thru lavender area:scared-3:

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 12:23

Maybe you should refer to this map

http://www.ura.gov.sg/gallery/images/2001YearXConceptPlanA3.pdf

The light blue line is drawn running from AMK Ave 8..

But you do have a point, sin ming area also built, dun tell me there are spilt roads. Throw smoke? Better check first.

ecimbew
21-01-11, 13:30

But you do have a point, sin ming area also built, dun tell me there are spilt roads. Throw smoke? Better check first.

Looks like it will hit the NOVENA SQUARE area and then to KK Hospital and Rochor! Maybe the MRT lines should not be covered up because NE expressway is coming.

taggy
21-01-11, 13:53
super ultimate dense area wor.......wow...how to build undeground....will spoil building's foundation anot? sorry....i am a noob in these areas...:o

mrt tunnel much narrower....expressway tunnel super wide wor

i just pray they dun cut thru lavender area:scared-3:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North%E2%80%93South_Expressway,_Singapore
based on this link (dun noe accurate or not)...should be no lavender area...

The indicated route would commence from Admiralty Road West (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Admiralty_Road_West&action=edit&redlink=1) in northern Singapore and proceed southwards along Gambas Avenue (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gambas_Avenue&action=edit&redlink=1), Sembawang Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sembawang_Road&action=edit&redlink=1), Lentor Ave (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lentor_Ave&action=edit&redlink=1), Marymount Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marymount_Road&action=edit&redlink=1), Thomson Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomson_Road,_Singapore), Bukit Timah Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukit_Timah_Road) and Ophir Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophir_Road) before merging with the western end of the East Coast Parkway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Parkway) (ECP) at the Benjamin Sheares Bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Sheares_Bridge) (after a section of the ECP from the bridge to the Ayer Rajah Expressway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayer_Rajah_Expressway) becomes downgraded into a normal road).

mantrix
21-01-11, 14:38
There may really be a 3rd causeway linking str8 from Admiralty Road West all the way to CBD, especially if Iskandar does OK...

Government won't announce yet lah until after elections (for obvious reasons - unless Malaysians can vote for them too :P)

let's see

My guess is they will also emphasize on Thomson MRT line soon to show how the Northerners can benefit without too many details on the specific locations of the stations (else those not staying near dun vote them liao)

bargain hunter
21-01-11, 14:55
wah, i anyhow humtum also zhun? :ashamed1: :D

The indicated route would commence from Admiralty Road West (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Admiralty_Road_West&action=edit&redlink=1) in northern Singapore and proceed southwards along Gambas Avenue (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Gambas_Avenue&action=edit&redlink=1), Sembawang Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sembawang_Road&action=edit&redlink=1), Lentor Ave (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lentor_Ave&action=edit&redlink=1), Marymount Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Marymount_Road&action=edit&redlink=1), Thomson Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomson_Road,_Singapore), Bukit Timah Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bukit_Timah_Road) and Ophir Road (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophir_Road) before merging with the western end of the East Coast Parkway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Coast_Parkway) (ECP) at the Benjamin Sheares Bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Sheares_Bridge) (after a section of the ECP from the bridge to the Ayer Rajah Expressway (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayer_Rajah_Expressway) becomes downgraded into a normal road).

Antione
21-01-11, 15:19

Blue line is the MRT track, black line besides it and label AMK Ave 6 is the North-South Expressway. All these were planned a decade ago, but it surprises me that this stretch is not completely Tunnel but semi-tunnel instead.

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 15:27
Yeah right my ass... Blue line running diagonally along amk ave 3. Got mrt there or not? In future? Haha. I think u better wait for tender after elections to see for urself.

Antione
21-01-11, 15:49
Yeah right my ass... Blue line running diagonally along amk ave 3. Got mrt there or not? In future? Haha. I think u better wait for tender after elections to see for urself.

Wah lao ah...This is ConceptPlan2001, it could be useful until 2050. The AMK Ave 3 MRT line is the future line.
Anyway, check the legend at the bottom right of the map, black is road, blue is rail.
You see NSE is suppose to run along Upper Thomson Road. But I think the value of land is too expensive, hence LTA diverted and use AMK Ave 6 instead.

focus
21-01-11, 16:41

If want less disruption ..and less acquisition of high rise buildings, then
Lavender Street, Crawford Street, Republic Avenue , finally ECP makes sense?

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 16:57
Wah lao ah...This is ConceptPlan2001, it could be useful until 2050. The AMK Ave 3 MRT line is the future line.
Anyway, check the legend at the bottom right of the map, black is road, blue is rail.
You see NSE is suppose to run along Upper Thomson Road. But I think the value of land is too expensive, hence LTA diverted and use AMK Ave 6 instead.
You r right, makes sense. Look at bedok reservoir, dtl too. U r lucky! Should be safe for grandeur 8 plus mrt in future, along ave 3, should be
Underground ones.

cl0ver
21-01-11, 19:47
why everyone says 10yrs of headache? i thought start 2013 end 2020 so 7 yrs only mah....

mantrix
21-01-11, 20:19
correct is 7 years...

i wonder what will happen to those Dallavale owners..thought they are close to 'river' and secluded in Springleaf, scully down got a big fat expressway popping over their heads and eyes peeking into their swimming pool...:scared-4:

kingkong1984
21-01-11, 20:32
Not so close lah, poor sales there anyway

Antione
21-01-11, 21:13
Strange thing...why nobody talk about those speculated Thomson line stations in Y2Koh's map? Thought it should attract a lot of interest for property investors here.

Komo
21-01-11, 22:04
so the north is hot finally !:D

mantrix
21-01-11, 22:37
so the north is hot finally !:D

Been preaching that for the last 12 mths...the South may be displaying their fists now, but North will soon be kicking in delight :D

hyenergix
22-01-11, 06:24
Strange thing...why nobody talk about those speculated Thomson line stations in Y2Koh's map? Thought it should attract a lot of interest for property investors here.

The properties there have increased their prices significantly to factor in this new MRT line, even if it is speculative.

mantrix
22-01-11, 09:18
The properties there have increased their prices significantly to factor in this new MRT line, even if it is speculative.

no, not really...also because Y2koh's line is not accurate...

kingkong1984
22-01-11, 09:43
no, not really...also because Y2koh's line is not accurate...
He drawn some mrt stations too.... Your risk if u r mislead.

hyenergix
22-01-11, 10:06

I recall that some developers even drew fictitious MRT stations near their launches and jacked up the prices a few years back. Soon after that many properties around there also jacked up their prices.

mantrix
22-01-11, 10:57
He drawn some mrt stations too.... Your risk if u r mislead.

it was based on his own estimation...I have better sources...;)

andy
23-01-11, 22:44

They are digging up Rochor/Ophir and KKH stretch like crazy for the DLT2 MRT tunnel. This may last another 3-4 years. Sounds absurb to do it again for the NSE tunnel:-)