PDA

View Full Version : Launching Soon! 8 Raja @ Balestier (Beside The Arte)

richardsng_era
19-01-11, 09:48
Close to Future Zhong Shan Park & iconic hotel landmark in Balestier. More information will be provided later. SMS <D128R> to +65-92993342 to register for VVIP Preview.

propertychap
19-01-11, 10:24
I thought this is launched already but response no good. Til to date, no units sold?

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 10:33
yah, all units launched but zero sold. 100% unsold! hahaha.

I thought this is launched already but response no good. Til to date, no units sold?

devilplate
19-01-11, 10:39
yah, all units launched but zero sold. 100% unsold! hahaha.

by popular...not so popular afterall....hahaha

they trying to buck the MM trend...but failed terribly:p

big big units in sub-sub-prime locations r suffering from functional obsolence

azeoprop
19-01-11, 10:47
The developer is popular bookshop.... :scared-3:

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 10:52
ok lah, they managed to sellout One Robin after awhile. and now selling on average 1 unit a month at 18 shelford. so soon they will be selling 1 unit a month at 8 raja. not too bad lah, only 1x units per project to sell anyway. :D

by popular...not so popular afterall....hahaha

they trying to buck the MM trend...but failed terribly:p

big big units in sub-sub-prime locations r suffering from functional obsolence

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 10:53
the popular boss said he is old bird developer in hk decades ago ok. :ashamed1:

The developer is popular bookshop.... :scared-3:

devilplate
19-01-11, 10:56
the popular boss said he is old bird developer in hk decades ago ok. :ashamed1:

self proclaimed oldbird?

devilplate
19-01-11, 10:59
ok lah, they managed to sellout One Robin after awhile. and now selling on average 1 unit a month at 18 shelford. so soon they will be selling 1 unit a month at 8 raja. not too bad lah, only 1x units per project to sell anyway. :D

shelford/1 robin big units i believe still can sell....but balestier and somemore at 1300psf....i tink they gona drop pants to 1.1kpsf to match d mira's pricing inorder to move the units....LOL

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 11:33
yah, another CCR vs RCR thinghy too hehehe.

shelford/1 robin big units i believe still can sell....but balestier and somemore at 1300psf....i tink they gona drop pants to 1.1kpsf to match d mira's pricing inorder to move the units....LOL

amk
19-01-11, 12:05
did u guys just see the new posts from richard_era ? MMs galore !
MBT has just gotten the total opposite of what he wants.

devilplate
19-01-11, 12:09
did u guys just see the new posts from richard_era ? MMs galore !
MBT has just gotten the total opposite of what he wants.

u really tink he wana stop MMs?

set 500sqft min requirement...problem solved liao...nobody will complain about it...except oxley/fragrance/novelty etc etc...lol

amk
19-01-11, 12:21
... maybe u r right... MBT wants to *encourage* MMs ;) ... since bigger units so expensive no one can afford , so must build small small .. ha ha ha :D

joke aside, look at what HK is doing:

http://www.singtao.com.hk/yesterday/loc/0119ao01.html

they are building semi-public MM housings! 500 sft for 2bd.

Hope SG dun learn from them. Their situation is very different. :cool:

devilplate
19-01-11, 12:26

their 500sqft got include common lobby areas? lol...

my chinese vy bad:ashamed1: ...dun really understand the article....wat they exactly mean by semi-public ar?

amk
19-01-11, 12:57
....wat they exactly mean by semi-public ar?
see http://www.hkhs.com/eng/about/index.asp

this is an independent non-gov organization that builds affordable housings for the public, serving as in-between of private and public.

propertychap
19-01-11, 13:02
Popular should have followed the tide and build MM. The response would have been totally different.

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 13:15
guys. i m not an MM fan. but correct me if i am wrong. in hk, MMs are built more for the poor who can't afford. psf of MM is lower or equal to normal units and not at super high premiums like here. MMs there are not marketed like here where they are positioned as "affordable LUXURY". is that right?

... maybe u r right... MBT wants to *encourage* MMs ;) ... since bigger units so expensive no one can afford , so must build small small .. ha ha ha :D

joke aside, look at what HK is doing:

devilplate
19-01-11, 13:23
guys. i m not an MM fan. but correct me if i am wrong. in hk, MMs are built more for the poor who can't afford. psf of MM is lower or equal to normal units and not at super high premiums like here. MMs there are not marketed like here where they are positioned as "affordable LUXURY". is that right?
I duno abt hk but i been to a few london ppty showrm in sg n realise their studios abt 10 pct more den 2 bedder in psf wise

amk
19-01-11, 13:43
in hk, MMs are built more for the poor who can't afford. psf of MM is lower or equal to normal units and not at super high premiums like here.
u r sharp ;) yes by and large "luxury" apartments in HK are bigger and higher in psf. in the same atas area, a MM's psf is generally lower than that of a real regular sized unit, sometimes even significantly lower. The SG "tiny luxury" marketing style is not for Hkers.

kingkong1984
19-01-11, 13:54
8 at raja sound like egg ate rojak
Ah neh name

devilplate
19-01-11, 13:58
u r sharp ;) yes by and large "luxury" apartments in HK are bigger and higher in psf. in the same atas area, a MM's psf is generally lower than that of a real regular sized unit, sometimes even significantly lower. The SG "tiny luxury" marketing style is not for Hkers.
How abt low to mid end segment in hk?

condolisa
19-01-11, 14:00
Rajah is ah nei King :D

devilplate
19-01-11, 14:19

in fact, those high end condos in orchard r selling higher psf for their penthse....and OCR/RCR penthse r lower

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 15:02
that gives me a creepy feeling about the MMs here. some forumers say, "MMs sure can rent to expats, look at HK."

i think yes. but as the supply of MMs increase, there aren't that many expats who love MMs to absorb. with reference to hk, the MMs there seem more meant for the less well off locals than for rental to expats?

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 15:10
yes. but also depends on the design of the penthouse and how unique. let me attack duchess again. 24 penthouses. where got unique? hahahahaha...OCR style kind of penthouse.

on a seperate note, i think URA is possibly reading our forum. they will probably set the new min. 500sq ft rule sometime in the future after listening to us. :) :tongue3:

in fact, those high end condos in orchard r selling higher psf for their penthse....and OCR/RCR penthse r lower

Wild Falcon
19-01-11, 15:12
Richard Sng must be laffing all the way to the bank...

Do you think one day MM fatigue will set in huh? Sibei sian - every launch also MM.

bargain hunter
19-01-11, 15:20
precisely what i was saying above. it is possible that supply may outstrip demand for MM in future at the rate things are going. there will come a point of MM fatigue. just dunno when. in the meantime good wat, help to absorb excess liquidity hee.

Richard Sng must be laffing all the way to the bank...

Do you think one day MM fatigue will set in huh? Sibei sian - every launch also MM.

devilplate
19-01-11, 15:25
precisely what i was saying above. it is possible that supply may outstrip demand for MM in future at the rate things are going. there will come a point of MM fatigue. just dunno when. in the meantime good wat, help to absorb excess liquidity hee.

i aso begin to worry abt my 500-600sqft 1bedders...:scared-3:

worried 2-3yrs later all these disgusting 3xxsqft MMs spoil the rental market:scared-1:

amk
19-01-11, 15:39
that gives me a creepy feeling about the MMs here. some forumers say, "MMs sure can rent to expats, look at HK."

HK has a much much bigger demand pool. plenty of low paying single "expats" or swingers. MM is ok. Let's be honest, SG is a pretty boring city for them ;)

MMs in SG, well I'm not sure.... market is very different. Although the demand is less, there aren't many alternatives for low paying expats ... I still think a single low grade expat will rent a MM condo rather than HDB.

azeoprop
15-01-13, 17:26
Until now NONE of the 26 units are sold! :scared-3: :eek: :scared-4:

8 RAJA JALAN DATOH Popular Land Pte. Ltd. Non-Landed RCR 26 26 0 26 0 0 - - -

mcmlxxvi
15-01-13, 19:02
I remeenber seeing their ads in pguru n newspapers

propertychap
15-01-13, 19:10
will the developer go bust ?

bargain hunter
15-01-13, 19:40
developer is popular. quite cash rich. should be ok.

DKSG
15-01-13, 20:23
I viewed the previous "showflat" before.
Even got the brochure - hehe!

Agent just called me last week to re-view.

But do you really want to stay next to Value Hotel ?

Unless u have an interest in monitoring "hotel" activities.

DKSG

ekl2ekl2
15-01-13, 21:18

DKSG

The Jalan Datoh road is very busy during daytime, esp the one way that goes to Balestier. The Jln Rajah loop appears quieter.
Value Hotel looks quite decent from outside, walked past a few times during daytime, no unusual activity. Wonder what is the area like late at night. With 4-5 new condos surrounding it, next time the area may look much more "residential"

bargain hunter
15-01-13, 21:18
esp when the units are "big" family units of 4/5 bedder of 2000 sq ft.

DKSG

hyenergix
15-01-13, 21:20
8 Raja, Nuang, Twin peaks... odd names for condo or apartments. Developers at cld name them better. How abt 88 Jaar? At least it sounds auspicious.

16-01-13, 07:48
they should have just follow the trend and build MM, somemore it is besides hotel. Maybe since none sold, developer should try to resubmit plans to change configuration to have some MM.

bargain hunter
16-01-13, 07:51
err, anyone can confirm that the building is already at an advanced stage? i think too late to change. :ashamed1:

they should have just follow the trend and build MM, somemore it is besides hotel. Maybe since none sold, developer should try to resubmit plans to change configuration to have some MM.

zeamybro
16-01-13, 07:56
err, anyone can confirm that the building is already at an advanced stage? i think too late to change. :ashamed1:

Ehh.. i think the building has already been up and completed. I dont see any more construction activities, at least for the past few months.

azeoprop
16-01-13, 08:11
Apparently it has been completed and the showflat is an actual unit.

:beats-me-man:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12728507/for-sale-8-raja

bargain hunter
16-01-13, 08:20
Popular kept saying during their results announcement that they will launch when its completed but i think they already kept trying to sell before it was completed. anyway, now completed liao still not sold any.

mcmlxxvi
16-01-13, 08:31
Apparently it has been completed and the showflat is an actual unit.

:beats-me-man:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listing/12728507/for-sale-8-raja

It looks really bEautiful.

To quote a famous forummer - nice project, wrong location.

bargain hunter
15-07-13, 13:19
1 more sold at 1479psf in June to bring total sold to 4 out of 26.

layang
07-05-14, 08:23
Dear ALL,

We have took over as the sole marketing agency for 8 Raja. A Freehold private residential located at Jalan Raja Udang, District 12 but few metres to District 11 gazatted area.

If you are looking for sizable units from 1572 sqft and onwards with minimumly 3 bedrooms in D12 and yet near Thomson, 8 Raja could be a good choice for you.

Find out more how you could own this premium apartment at a irresistible price . Our Sales Hotline is 81685708.

Agents Welcome too.