PDA

View Full Version : First time buyer looking for a 1Bedroom condo in D15-D16

ivy252
09-01-11, 14:47
Hi all , was wondering is there any new launch or upcoming project in this area somewhere near by my office ( Parkway ) . I'm looking for a 1 Bedroom with living room unit for my own stay not for investment and what is the price range like for a unit as my budget ( $510,000-$550,000:doh: ) . Is there anything to look out and guide like some agents wrote ( VVIP discounts , early bird discounts ) , stamp fee , lawyer fee @ etc as i'm first time buyer , it will be great if someone here are willing to share and guides thanks .

reuters
09-01-11, 22:51
Hi all , was wondering is there any new launch or upcoming project in this area somewhere near by my office ( Parkway ) . I'm looking for a 1 Bedroom with living room unit for my own stay not for investment and what is the price range like for a unit as my budget ( $510,000-$550,000:doh: ) . Is there anything to look out and guide like some agents wrote ( VVIP discounts , early bird discounts ) , stamp fee , lawyer fee @ etc as i'm first time buyer , it will be great if someone here are willing to share and guides thanks .

Nope. VERY VERY hard to find something decent even with $700,000 if you are looking at this area. Perhaps the so-called experts here who have been arguing about price correction, criticising MMs, can come in to give some recommendations but I will be surprised if they can find one. But you can look at small developments at Telok Kurau or Haig Road area which are nearby, but definitely you won't find something around parkway with your budget.

Maybe you can consider OCR like what many people here say is more worth it and in demand? There was a huge argument about OCR or CCR capital appreciation potential. Will you consider Sengkang?

penguin
09-01-11, 23:24
Ivy,

$550k includes all the other fees? If yes, then very hard to find in D15. Maybe Suites @ Guillemard or some small devts at Tembeling/Everritt side. But space is really tiny. I would rather move further to D17.

penguin
09-01-11, 23:31
Reuter, what's your take on devts at Sea Avenue? Its 5min walk to PP. Got potential? Recent transaction at Sea Avenue Residences 2-bedder 980sqft transacted at 1.12m. You think overpriced or still ok?

eng81157
10-01-11, 03:51
Reuter, what's your take on devts at Sea Avenue? Its 5min walk to PP. Got potential? Recent transaction at Sea Avenue Residences 2-bedder 980sqft transacted at 1.12m. You think overpriced or still ok?

can't comment if it's overpriced or not, but one thing i know for sure is every sunday and saturday, residents face a perennial problem - churchgoers at the catholic church parking along their residences

kingkong1984
10-01-11, 04:21
For church, every Sunday or some Saturdays

For Mosque, every Friday

For temple, not fixed but should have more worshippers on 1st and 15th

For Indian temple, most mornings with drum beating

Basically all place of worship are having the same issues.

Avoid to be too near if u can, carpark and road blockage and also noise disturbances expected.

But if u have to buy... Choose one that you can bear. I think mosque is the best as mainly confined to Friday noon. Other times not as bad. If u are a church goer, you preference to be near church should be higher,

penguin
10-01-11, 04:49
can't comment if it's overpriced or not, but one thing i know for sure is every sunday and saturday, residents face a perennial problem - churchgoers at the catholic church parking along their residences

Do you mean the church go-ers will park along Sea Ave making the road narrower but still enough space for pple staying there to drive in and out of their residences? Or do you mean the church go-ers will park to an extent that will block traffic? I do understand Sea Avenue has only one exit - East Coast Road, which is rather congested at certain periods. This is the only down side, other than this, location's good...groceries, TNS, library, CC, beach, Parkway Parade, speculated mrt all within 10min walk. Plus East Coast HDB estates gonna get upgraded and revamped..Im sure will add to the advantages of staying there.

Douk
10-01-11, 07:16

Quite tough, can try older development iin D14 (e.g kembangan, sim area) or D16 (tanah merah area), especially those deep in the housing estate.

proud owner
10-01-11, 07:21
Do you mean the church go-ers will park along Sea Ave making the road narrower but still enough space for pple staying there to drive in and out of their residences? Or do you mean the church go-ers will park to an extent that will block traffic? I do understand Sea Avenue has only one exit - East Coast Road, which is rather congested at certain periods. This is the only down side, other than this, location's good...groceries, TNS, library, CC, beach, Parkway Parade, speculated mrt all within 10min walk. Plus East Coast HDB estates gonna get upgraded and revamped..Im sure will add to the advantages of staying there.

i would avoid being near any religious ground ... they may not block the traffic ..but they definitely cause inconvenience .. and if you think you can call the traffic police ... chances are TP also try to get into any "religiously sensitive issues ' ...

so .. avoid lah

eng81157
10-01-11, 07:59

bingo! you can hop by to see for yourself over the weekend. the illegal carparking problem is bad enough to be reported in newspapers couple of times. plus with that kind of psf, won't you have other options?

have you considered d'ecosia - balinese styled condo?

penguin
10-01-11, 11:02
bingo! you can hop by to see for yourself over the weekend. the illegal carparking problem is bad enough to be reported in newspapers couple of times. plus with that kind of psf, won't you have other options?

have you considered d'ecosia - balinese styled condo?

E'ecosia has a very very nice exterior. Will always look at it each time I pass by.. haha. but unfortunately I find it too close the main road, and it's at a cross-junction, not very good. Looking for a more quiet area. Moreover, d'ecosia 3-br asking is out of my budget :beats-me-man:

Does anyone know by chance .. for those penthouses with sky terraces (100% open type), how do you calculate the psf? Is there a formula?

devilplate
10-01-11, 11:17
Does anyone know by chance .. for those penthouses with sky terraces (100% open type), how do you calculate the psf? Is there a formula?

u go chk one flr below the PH selling hw much...from there u noe how much more u paying for the roof terrace....personally, its a useless area....goto clean and maintain...sian....mabe can sun bath there...or hang clothes...hehe

Wild Falcon
10-01-11, 11:23
Try those MMS along Telok Kurau, Haig etc. Lots of such low budget shoebox accommodation in D15 and D14 that meets your budget if you're willing to sacrifice space and lifestyle.

penguin
10-01-11, 11:26
u go chk one flr below the PH selling hw much...from there u noe how much more u paying for the roof terrace....personally, its a useless area....goto clean and maintain...sian....mabe can sun bath there...or hang clothes...hehe.

What if the terrace has been renovated to include shades and there's also a private jacuzzi? Would they add value to the terrace?

devilplate
10-01-11, 11:51
What if the terrace has been renovated to include shades and there's also a private jacuzzi? Would they add value to the terrace?

by right, not allowed to install shades....well...movable shades allowed though...lol

up to individual lor...how much u value it...how much u willing to pay for the extra roof terrace....if got nice view on top....more value? u be the judge:D

eng81157
10-01-11, 12:09
eh, u mentioned there's budget constraint but looking for a PH plus installation of shades and private jacuzzi.....

with that kind of money, can hoot and hantam a cote d'azur 2BR unit

penguin
10-01-11, 12:48
eh, u mentioned there's budget constraint but looking for a PH plus installation of shades and private jacuzzi.....

with that kind of money, can hoot and hantam a cote d'azur 2BR unit

cote d'azur seaview units are nice, but also very exp, and not FH. We are the traditional types, prefer to stick to FH. Plus it is a bit far to walk to TNS. I like small cosy units, while hubby likes lotsa space and sun, so we thought why not compromise and get a PH. But only if the price is right...no hurry :)

tkc2263
10-01-11, 14:09
cote d'azur seaview units are nice, but also very exp, and not FH. We are the traditional types, prefer to stick to FH. Plus it is a bit far to walk to TNS. I like small cosy units, while hubby likes lotsa space and sun, so we thought why not compromise and get a PH. But only if the price is right...no hurry :)

I refer to your "prefer to stick to FH"...

Nowadays with the 80% rule for successful en bloc, to me the FH status has now been changed to "rule of 80%", so if 80% residents vote to go en bloc, regardless if one's development is LH, 999 years, FH, that said development will go...

Just my :2cents: worth...

ivy252
10-01-11, 14:14
Hi all ,

afternoon thanks for all the reply the location i'm looking at should be starting from D14-D16:ashamed1: $550,000/- excluding any other hidden cost/ surcharges after add on should be around $600,000/- (My max ) . I'm looking at around 430 sqft unit for 1-2 persons stay guess should be enough as most of the time i'm out of work or overseas:banghead: . Any recommend on upcoming project ? I've hear that some agents request buyers to give a blank cheque to confirm a unit in preview ?

jwong71
10-01-11, 14:47
Hi all ,

afternoon thanks for all the reply the location i'm looking at should be starting from D14-D16:ashamed1: $550,000/- excluding any other hidden cost/ surcharges after add on should be around $600,000/- (My max ) . I'm looking at around 430 sqft unit for 1-2 persons stay guess should be enough as most of the time i'm out of work or overseas:banghead: . Any recommend on upcoming project ? I've hear that some agents request buyers to give a blank cheque to confirm a unit in preview ?

unless u dont mind to be noselead by agent.
a agent once ask me how much i offer for the unit, without viewing the unit.. i just fxxk him u think i fxxking newbie? and i slam down the phone.
fxxking turnoff

ivy252
10-01-11, 15:03
unless u dont mind to be noselead by agent.
a agent once ask me how much i offer for the unit, without viewing the unit.. i just fxxk him u think i fxxking newbie? and i slam down the phone.
fxxking turnoff

Hi Jwong71,

Which mean we shouldn't give empty cheque to the agent ? As i'm really not sure what is VVIP preview between launch preview:doh: please guide me long the road if anyone willing to share thanks .

hopeful
10-01-11, 15:29
what is a blank cheque?

payee blank ?
amount blank ?
date blank ?

If all 3 blank, agent runaway how?
Option fee 5%, 2mil property already 100k.

ivy252
10-01-11, 15:39
what is a blank cheque?

payee blank ?
amount blank ?
date blank ?

If all 3 blank, agent runaway how?
Option fee 5%, 2mil property already 100k.

Lolx.. I'm not sure too need to check around anyone knows about it ?

azeoprop
10-01-11, 18:33
I think vacanza @ east got 1 bedroom units going around 550k++.

devilplate
10-01-11, 18:51

those r facing PIE....

sh
10-01-11, 20:18
Hi all ,

Don't buy from new launch, buy resale. you get much better value. even if you have to gut out the whole unit to redo it to your preference. no blank cheques too.:)

Allthepies
10-01-11, 21:14
Lolx.. I'm not sure too need to check around anyone knows about it ?

aiyo blank cheque quite safe not really blank but with the payee written as the developer account....

teddybear
10-01-11, 21:17
What if although right payee but other people pay $2000 psf for a high floor unit and your agent put you as buying $2500 psf for a low floor lousy facing unit? Don't think that is too safe? :banghead:

aiyo blank cheque quite safe not really blank but with the payee written as the developer account....

Allthepies
10-01-11, 21:27
What if although right payee but other people pay $2000 psf for a high floor unit and your agent put you as buying $2500 psf for a low floor lousy facing unit? Don't think that is too safe? :banghead:

reputable developer + reputable agent wont play this kind of punk :D

mantrix
10-01-11, 22:00
E'ecosia has a very very nice exterior. Will always look at it each time I pass by.. haha. but unfortunately I find it too close the main road, and it's at a cross-junction, not very good. Looking for a more quiet area. Moreover, d'ecosia 3-br asking is out of my budget :beats-me-man:

No fixed formula but commonly the psf value of PES (or open terrace) is calculated at 50% of livable space psf as a gauge...

DaytonaSS
10-01-11, 22:26

U need to sign the OTP with the correct description of unit lah. Unless developer "A" u, think it's quiet safe.

reuters
11-01-11, 00:20

I personally feel different when I visit a small property compared with a large estate. Some of the smaller properties do not even have security guard and I feel that if I have to stay in such condos, i might as well buy a HDB resale flat in a good location. Also, particularly in East Coast, some parcels of land have a good history of prime factor while others do not have, although they seem quite near to one another. There are several major plus points in D15 and the most obvious is that it is near to the beach.

However, based on today's prices, I think that the Sea Ave 980sqft at 1.12 mil is still possible to invest because it is near to Katong Mall (Golden Village open this year). It WILL be attractive - honestly, which GV cinema in Singapore (other than great world), is not near to an mrt station? Perhaps the developers know more information than us.

Having said that, this discussion was more about finding a small property of under 500sqft available at a budget of $600,000, near Parkway Parade. Anyone care to give a definite recommendation? I can't find any.

penguin
11-01-11, 00:54
Ivy,

When you need to move in? I think most 1-bedders are usually new projects, some may not be completed. You can check out Everitt Edge, Haig 162, Studios @ tembeling. These might still be possible to walk to PP. Else, those devts near Ipoh Lane (nearer to paya lebar side) may be within your budget too.

Laguna
11-01-11, 09:03

Blank cheque = payee name in, without sum and signature, and cross

eng81157
11-01-11, 09:24
I personally feel different when I visit a small property compared with a large estate. Some of the smaller properties do not even have security guard and I feel that if I have to stay in such condos, i might as well buy a HDB resale flat in a good location. Also, particularly in East Coast, some parcels of land have a good history of prime factor while others do not have, although they seem quite near to one another. There are several major plus points in D15 and the most obvious is that it is near to the beach.

However, based on today's prices, I think that the Sea Ave 980sqft at 1.12 mil is still possible to invest because it is near to Katong Mall (Golden Village open this year). It WILL be attractive - honestly, which GV cinema in Singapore (other than great world), is not near to an mrt station? Perhaps the developers know more information than us.

Having said that, this discussion was more about finding a small property of under 500sqft available at a budget of $600,000, near Parkway Parade. Anyone care to give a definite recommendation? I can't find any.

FH, smaller than 500sqft at a price of $600k and near PP - tough

from a quick search at propertyguru, most of the units aren't near PP

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-property-listing?listing_type=sale&search_type=district&property_type=N&property_type_code%5B%5D=CONDO&property_type_code%5B%5D=APT&districts%5B%5D=D15&school=&mrt=&address=&distance=0.5&latitude=&longitude=&interest=&hdb_type_group=&minprice=&maxprice=600000&minbed=&maxbed=&minsize=&maxsize=500&minsize_land=&maxsize_land=&tenure%5B%5D=F&freetext=&minpsf=&maxpsf=&listing_posted=&mintop=&maxtop=&sort=price&order=desc&min_latitude=&max_latitude=&min_longitude=&max_longitude=&submit=%3CIMG+height%3D46+alt%3Dbtn-listingsearch+src%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fi1.propertyguru.com.sg%2Fimages%2Fcg%2Fbtn-listingsearch.jpg%22+width%3D157+border%3D0%3E

mcmlxxvi
11-01-11, 16:10
If you classify Telok Kurau (along main road, right beside it, around Lor J/K spot) as near to Parkway, write to me regarding The Cotz... can sell to you. ;)

It is BRAND NEW and undergoing defects rectification as we speak...

devilplate
11-01-11, 16:13
If you classify Telok Kurau (along main road, right beside it, around Lor J/K spot) as near to Parkway, write to me regarding The Cotz... can sell to you. ;)

It is BRAND NEW and undergoing defects rectification as we speak...

hehe...1450-1500psf?

saw many units asking for 2.3k rental

eng81157
11-01-11, 16:21
hehe...1450-1500psf?

ouch!!! TK at 1450-1500psf???!!!:scared-1:

mcmlxxvi
11-01-11, 16:33
hehe...1450-1500psf?

Not ex!

I just checked on streetsine.com. It IS within 1km of Tao Nan!

Rental yield = 4-5%
Price of investment = 600k
Ego to brag that your child studies at Tao Nan = priceless

mcmlxxvi
11-01-11, 16:34

Not ex considering it's instant move in no need to wait.

Time = $$$$$.

devilplate
11-01-11, 17:15

say hi to mickey? hehe ard 388sqft mah....quantum low low...hehe

i heard loft @ holland mickey gona cost ard 2100psf...322sqft nia

devilplate
11-01-11, 17:16
tot wana recommend ivy espira suites....but heard only left with PHs....

repanse71
11-01-11, 17:48
Blank cheque = payee name in, without sum and signature, and cross

Actually, not safe.
There was an article in ST some months ago.

First, you cross out bearer.
Next, top left corner, you cross with 2 lines with words in between "a/c payee only non negotiable"
Then, back of check, write "for deposit and/or option for <project name>"

The above may offer some protection. However, as you left the amount blank, you are deemed not prudent and placed yourself in a diminished poistion.

Also errant agents could still bank into his own account and run off with money. Report police.

If developer employee banks into his own account and run, you could sue developer for negligent and/or lack of duty of care.

Regards

sh
11-01-11, 18:03
what I do in situations like this is to issue a blank cheque from an account that doesn't have much money in it.

I will only transfer the money into that account (via instantaneous internet transfer) after the amount is confirmed and to my satisfaction.

Otherwise, the cheque bounces..... boing....:cool:

reuters
11-01-11, 18:04
Ivy,

When you need to move in? I think most 1-bedders are usually new projects, some may not be completed. You can check out Everitt Edge, Haig 162, Studios @ tembeling. These might still be possible to walk to PP. Else, those devts near Ipoh Lane (nearer to paya lebar side) may be within your budget too.

Maybe Haig 162 and Studios@Tembeling may work because the rest are not really considered 'near' to PP already, unless Ivy wants to arrive in office looking wet and flustered because of the heat in Singapore. Why not 'up' your budget to 950k and buy a unit in Sea View or One Amber? A unit in One Amber is going for 910k now. High floor.

azeoprop
11-01-11, 18:25
Parc elegance at the north end of Telok Kurau road still have some 400sqft MM units for sale around 500k++.

ivy252
13-01-11, 20:30

Hi , i've went to view the vacanza units left for 1bedrooms ( 6 units) , 1+1 study left 2units selling fast.. All left high floor as for the 1bedroom selling at least $641,000/- at level 9 :doh:

jwong71
13-01-11, 20:32
Hi , i've went to view the vacanza units left for 1bedrooms ( 6 units) , 1+1 study left 2units selling fast.. All left high floor as for the 1bedroom selling at least $641,000/- at level 9 :doh:

with the new anti measures coming out today.. u will get something cheaper soon.. like my dad alway say, if u got the mony u dont worry that u cant get it

ivy252
13-01-11, 20:37
Ivy,

Hi dear , thanks for your recommend has ask my agent to checked on the haig162 fully sold out lolx...As for the everitt edge and Studios @ tembeling will get my agent to check on the price thx :)

ivy252
13-01-11, 20:43
with the new anti measures coming out today.. u will get something cheaper soon.. like my dad alway say, if u got the mony u dont worry that u cant get it

Hi Jwong71 ,

thanks for the reply do you mean the price will drop soon ? Great to hear that it's a good news to me:)

ivy252
13-01-11, 20:45
Parc elegance at the north end of Telok Kurau road still have some 400sqft MM units for sale around 500k++.

Hi Azeoprop ,

Thanks for your recommend will get my agent to check on it :)

jwong71
13-01-11, 20:46
Hi Jwong71 ,

thanks for the reply do you mean the price will drop soon ? Great to hear that it's a good news to me:)

Read it sister

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10602

ivy252
13-01-11, 20:52
Maybe Haig 162 and Studios@Tembeling may work because the rest are not really considered 'near' to PP already, unless Ivy wants to arrive in office looking wet and flustered because of the heat in Singapore. Why not 'up' your budget to 950k and buy a unit in Sea View or One Amber? A unit in One Amber is going for 910k now. High floor.

Hi Reuters ,

Thanks for your recommend in fact i've get my agent to check on the unit in 16@amber at first i was told it might left 1-2 units for a 1bedroom in level 4 selling at $701,000/ - $706,000/- received his call back during late afternoon that this project are fully sold out :doh: Need to do more research ...

azeoprop
13-01-11, 20:53
Yah, best to wait and see the effects of the new cooling measures. May have some firesales coming soon. :)

jwong71
13-01-11, 20:59
why worry..? in a stable market like now, properties inches up slowly by 20-30k each time, but when its free falling is gonna be like 50k or more..
unless u have no time,and not enuff mony worrying of not able to buy..
then jump in the market with closed eyes.

kingkong1984
13-01-11, 21:24
Yah, best to wait and see the effects of the new cooling measures. May have some firesales coming soon. :)
Higher chances in OCR that is above 1000 psf. Less than 12 mths and more than 850 psf.

ivy252
13-01-11, 21:38
Read it sister

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=10602

Thanks bro... My agent just called me that the unit i'm interested dropped down $20K after the news out:)

jwong71
13-01-11, 21:44
Thanks bro... My agent just called me that the unit i'm interested dropped down $20K after the news out:)

see the effect.. 20k is not enuff,in this current market.
the units i view, have alrdy drop prices too..
let the owners get desperate and engage in a price dropping war..

kingkong1984
13-01-11, 21:49
see the effect.. 20k is not enuff,in this current market.
5 to 10 percent ok, 20 percent might as well pay tax. Remember asking should logically be up but more than neutralized by lack of demand. 10 percent fair.

ivy252
13-01-11, 21:53
see the effect.. 20k is not enuff,in a falling market.

Yes bro ... Lolx price dropped so fast .This is what my agent told me after the news out : Less people buy business drop bank interest goes down too .

jwong71
13-01-11, 21:56
Yes bro ... Lolx price dropped so fast after the news out let's hope to see better deal....
usually investor rather freed up their cash,and move on with profits than to stuck in properties and wf all measures coming out..
who do not feel scared too..?

ivy252
13-01-11, 22:10
usually investor rather freed up their cash,and move on with profits than to stuck in properties and wf all measures coming out..

Yup true bro let's wait to see how things goes...:)

reuters
13-01-11, 23:34
Yup true bro let's wait to see how things goes...:)

But the rules apply to those who have not bought right?

Ivy, are you prepared to hold an apartment for that long and 'get stuck'?

devilplate
14-01-11, 00:01

but mabe getting smthing smaller and further as time goes by

devilplate
14-01-11, 00:02

whr jlrx?? time for him to 'chu shan'? hehe

ppty is for wealth accumulation....so accumulate when it dips....:cheers1:

devilplate
14-01-11, 00:03

she mentioned for self stay ...

reuters
14-01-11, 00:09
she mentioned for self stay ...

Yup. That's right. There will always be those who will still buy for self-stay. I have a unit in D15 that fits Ivy's preference perfectly, but I also will not suddenly sell it at a big discount. I feel that these policies will affect the buyers of new launches the most.

penguin
14-01-11, 05:03
Yup. That's right. There will always be those who will still buy for self-stay. I have a unit in D15 that fits Ivy's preference perfectly, but I also will not suddenly sell it at a big discount. I feel that these policies will affect the buyers of new launches the most.

Reuters, with all these new measures, can I get ur opinion what would be a reasonable psf to look at for a 2-3 bedder in East Coast? (say, walking distance to PP, and not TK area) I personally feel these measures wont deter me to buy, as I am buying for own stay. However, I have this feeling owners of East Coast properties have holding power and won't sell to their disadvantage, tho' there might be more room for negotiation now - Pls correct me if I am wrong. But how much room is the question now. I also do not wanna wait and wait and wait as I believe it will reach a stage where global economy picks up and everything will start a fresh rise to another peak yet again. And no one can predict this.

ivy252
14-01-11, 07:20

Hi bro , i'm buying for own stay not for investment:)

eng81157
14-01-11, 09:18
Reuters, with all these new measures, can I get ur opinion what would be a reasonable psf to look at for a 2-3 bedder in East Coast? (say, walking distance to PP, and not TK area) I personally feel these measures wont deter me to buy, as I am buying for own stay. However, I have this feeling owners of East Coast properties have holding power and won't sell to their disadvantage, tho' there might be more room for negotiation now - Pls correct me if I am wrong. But how much room is the question now. I also do not wanna wait and wait and wait as I believe it will reach a stage where global economy picks up and everything will start a fresh rise to another peak yet again. And no one can predict this.

the new measures will probably not trigger a slew of fire sales. owners with holding power won't sell at a deep discount since it does not make monetary sense to do so currently.

as most analysts in the press have pointed out, the measures target speculative activities primarily, rather than penalizing genuine home owners. those with sufficient cash can easily meet the new LTV requirements and hold onto their properties for 4 years or more. hence, those, who should be hit the hardest, are the ones looking to make a quick buck by speculations but do not have sufficient holding power.

as you have pointed out that the scenario of a general global economic recovery is plausible, recovery is already in play as compared to the dire state in 2008. a repeat of 2009's rapid rebound seems pretty unlikely and hence, asset prices shouldn't climb at rocket-pace rates.

for own-stay, i personally would look at personal affordability and calculate based on interest rates of 2.5-3% to provide some buffer for imminent rate hikes. unless you come across speculators who are caught out by the new measures, i doubt there's a huge room for discounts in the short term. however, in the mid or long term, when there's a deluge in supply, things could look differently but one never knows how macroeconomic forces would swing the market.

reuters
14-01-11, 23:46

I can't really tell how much this will affect the overall property outlook, but I can only speak for myself that when I bought my unit at East Coast (mine is across the road from Parkway Parade), I made calculations that even if the bank interest rise till 4, 5%, I can still hold onto the property. Besides, it is still easy to get tenants now as companies are hiring foreigners. Ironically, I am currently on a business trip in Beijing and the people here are discussing where to buy in Singapore because they say that it is stable. Buying properties these days is a bit like buying stocks - you bet your money on the blue chips (SG is one) because of the confidence.

If you are looking at a 2-3 bedder in a good location in East Coast, GRAB ONE if you have offers around $1,000 to $1,200 psf. These are difficult to find but you may still get those small and less flashy developments in Haig Road or Tembeling area. I feel that any property around this area can still appreciate because the development plans for Marine Parade are quite clear - future MRT, cinema (already coming up this year), possibly some new toys to be introduced in Marine Parade town because of the aging population there.

penguin
21-01-11, 08:23
Does anyone know why Marine Mansion is still not enbloc till now? I viewed a 4th floor unit last yr and the balcony is slanted and windows are falling apart. Very old. But I feel the space of the devt has huge potential for enbloc though.

pod
23-01-11, 22:27
Properties across parkway vicinity values holds very well for simple reason. Good rental returns, ease in securing new tenancy as well as good resale values.

Enbloc potential is always high for those plots with potential to mince n develop into smaller units+++ (thats why some of these units wun be in a 'rush' to sell their house)

Dun tink it will be easy to find 'cheap' units.

If u see one that meets ur finances.. then just offer n grab them! :D

*dun wait until the mrt rumours comes true! ;) .... katong mall.... paramount site... katong shopping site redevelopment news etc etc etc.. :rolleyes:

reuters
23-01-11, 23:18
Properties across parkway vicinity values holds very well for simple reason. Good rental returns, ease in securing new tenancy as well as good resale values.

Enbloc potential is always high for those plots with potential to mince n develop into smaller units+++ (thats why some of these units wun be in a 'rush' to sell their house)

Dun tink it will be easy to find 'cheap' units.

If u see one that meets ur finances.. then just offer n grab them! :D

*dun wait until the mrt rumours comes true! ;) .... katong mall.... paramount site... katong shopping site redevelopment news etc etc etc.. :rolleyes:

Katong mall is not a rumour! That one has Golden Village, ready by second half of this year! Also true that Katong shopping centre is going for collective sale. Since Cape, Shore Residences, Silversea and even Paramount Hotel all now belong to FEO, no prizes for guessing who is likely to go after this one as well. FEO seems to have alot of confidence in this area.

pod
24-01-11, 23:35
Katong mall is not a rumour! That one has Golden Village, ready by second half of this year! Also true that Katong shopping centre is going for collective sale. Since Cape, Shore Residences, Silversea and even Paramount Hotel all now belong to FEO, no prizes for guessing who is likely to go after this one as well. FEO seems to have alot of confidence in this area.

yeh... u r right.. i jus wana tickle people looking at D15/Katong area.:D

Btw... jus drove pass joo chiat... wah piang.. even this place is transforming! so many new concept eateries... the KTV pubs are slowly phasing out.... ppty prices up upz n away!!!!!!!!!!!:)