PDA

View Full Version : west coast

kash
31-12-10, 12:05
Hi,

Can give comments or feedback for Westcove and Blue horizon?

I am kinda interested in this 2 for my next stay 2rm or 3rm.

devilplate
31-12-10, 12:39
Hi,

Can give comments or feedback for Westcove and Blue horizon?

I am kinda interested in this 2 for my next stay 2rm or 3rm.
I prefer blue

kingkong1984
31-12-10, 12:58
Blue is better than cove. But window cannot open freely for pool view. The 3 joss sticks mean anything for sea view?

sfwoo
31-12-10, 13:38
I only go into Blue and Westbay before...

Blue Horizon...the day I went...the pool was very dirty. It was a weekday. It was afternon. No crowd in pool. But the water was murky and a lot of leaves inside the pool. As I like to swim, turned me off thoroughly.

Westbay...pool very clean. Common areas, well kept and very clean. But the unit I saw, very jialat condition, flooring thrashed by tenant, bathrooms coated with grime, kitchen smelly and dirty...I think to get it decent again, will need $100K reno, add on to a high asking above last transacted(caveats lodged), this unit not for me. But the common areas are really clean and gives a good feel to the place. Will continue to consider Westbay.

rattydrama
31-12-10, 23:51
you guys seem to have visited every corner of SG apartments....better than most gurus who seats in the office and give comments on ppty market during prim time news. spot on. :scared-3:

kash
01-01-11, 19:52
I went westbay and west cove. Both from FE development.
But westbay's condition is so bad till i heard the real story behind it.
Westcove is very well maintain but not sure why the price range for this and blue is far apart.

i have not visted blue yet.

tericia
02-01-11, 00:04
I went westbay and west cove. Both from FE development.
But westbay's condition is so bad till i heard the real story behind it.
Westcove is very well maintain but not sure why the price range for this and blue is far apart.

i have not visted blue yet.

yes i'm also wondering why westbay is older and condition is worst but yet the psf is higher than westcove.

richwang
02-01-11, 20:19
There was a leagal issue with the sink fund for one of them. I cannot remember which one. Try to avoid that. My friend is renting a unit in one of them (the one without leagle issue). She says you tell immidieately when you walk around the project. Both are next door, but the maintaince is very different.

Thanks,
Richard

sfwoo
02-01-11, 23:12
There was a leagal issue with the sink fund for one of them. I cannot remember which one. Try to avoid that. My friend is renting a unit in one of them (the one without leagle issue). She says you tell immidieately when you walk around the project. Both are next door, but the maintaince is very different.

Thanks,
Richard

Westcove condo MA run away with sinking funds until lift spoilt also no money to repair for more than one year. Every SP paid $8000 to build up sinking funds again. Which is why I never considered Westcove.

tericia
02-01-11, 23:24
Westcove condo MA run away with sinking funds until lift spoilt also no money to repair for more than one year. Every SP paid $8000 to build up sinking funds again. Which is why I never considered Westcove.

i think i read on straits times the condo that has the MA run is

Westbay

not Westcove.

and yes, Westbay's condition is bad and it's older than Westcove. But the mystery to be solved is despite it's dilapitated condition and age, it's psf is higher than Westcove.

kingkong1984
03-01-11, 07:03
Older and a more likely candidate for unblock?

sfwoo
03-01-11, 09:03
Looks like I was looking in wrong condo! And Tericia is right!

{{{Man in civil claim also under criminal probe for reported fraud
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20091031/b1-1.jpg
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/c.gifhttp://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/common/c.gif
Mr Chew is said to have taken West Bay’s management and sinking funds meant for upgrading and other works. — ST PHOTO: SHAHRIYA YAHAYA
AN ACCOUNTS clerk was ordered to return some $2.2 million that he took over 18 months from a condominium management office, where he had worked since May 2003.
Mr Chew Swee Siong, 30, did not show up in court to contest the High Court claim brought by the West Bay Condominium management committee. He was served with court papers last month.
The police told The Straits Times yesterday that Mr Chew is also under criminal investigation for the reported fraud.
On Thursday, Assistant Registrar Leong Weng Tat ordered Mr Chew to pay up after having heard earlier from West Bay’s lawyer, Mr Leslie Netto, in the condo’s civil claim.}}}

sfwoo
03-01-11, 09:05
But I thought I read years ago(even before this West Bay case), that West Cove MA also ran away, and lifts spoilt also never repair, and everyone coughed out $8000 to top up sinking fund?

Maybe both condo kena con by MA???

tericia
03-01-11, 15:22
Older and a more likely candidate for unblock?

the enbloc problem is the same as lakepoint. It can only fetch higher if all available land is used up and the value of the land is so high to justify paying people to leave their homes, demolish, then rebuilt.

i think for lakepoint's current highest psf, it will only get worse for enbloc as for westbay. The people left behind in enbloc will want more than the highest psf so that deters potential buyers.

but i like your reply cuz it does make sense. :)

kingkong1984
03-01-11, 15:37
Thanks, but not quite the same leh, near university.