PDA

View Full Version : 2011 - OCR or CCR ?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

hopeful
08-01-11, 11:59
true. but the gap will be narrowed to 20 or even 10% of OCR prices. that is if a condo in OCR is selling for $1,500psf (we are almost there already), a condo in CCR will be selling for $1800psf.

don't take my word for it. Go visit the soon to TOPPed clementi mall, or dine at din tai fong at jurong point.

my take is gap will be maintained. If gap narrow, then either CCR will increase as compared to OCR. Similar when gap widens, OCR will increase more.
Only time will. I don't fight history nor do I fight charts.

hyenergix
08-01-11, 12:03
Perhap you are talking about "mass market" landed? Malaysia landed in suburbs is ex plantation land, wide space and less tall buildings. Landed in town also quite similar to Singapore landed.

How is the scenery for GCB?

Yes, I'm referring to those. GCB is entirely different class of landed. They are usually big enough to landscape very nicely. They are also big enough to hold a swimming pool. You can rest in your small garden or living room and listen to your own artificial mini waterfall. No need to look outside for scenery.

stalingrad
08-01-11, 12:06
my take is gap will be maintained. If gap narrow, then either CCR will increase as compared to OCR. Similar when gap widens, OCR will increase more.
Only time will. I don't fight history nor do I fight charts.

my take is that the gap will continue to narrow. I went to take a look at duchess residences. My response is yuck, who wants to live here unless you have too much money to burn.

hopeful
08-01-11, 12:10
my take is that the gap will continue to narrow. I went to take a look at duchess residences. My response is yuck, who wants to live here unless you have too much money to burn.

according to you, how soon will the gap narrow to 10%?

mantrix
08-01-11, 12:15

Based on history, gap is already narrowed.

Thosr with CCR props nt happy cos they think should be 300-400%, but they only see maybe 50-100% more commonly. They shy again from the word 'convergence' and hope for 'divergence' instead and some ask stupid questions.

I said before, the disparity in standard of living everywhere in singapore is decreasing, hence snob appeal of CCR reduced and hence prices converge. CCR will always be higher (unless a new CCR comes up) but their premium is dropping.

hopeful
08-01-11, 12:29
true. but the gap will be narrowed to 20 or even 10% of OCR prices. that is if a condo in OCR is selling for $1,500psf (we are almost there already), a condo in CCR will be selling for $1800psf.

don't take my word for it. Go visit the soon to TOPPed clementi mall, or dine at din tai fong at jurong point. then, you would no there is nothing for CCR except the snob factor.
CCR majority FH? OCR majority LH? was informed that gap between FH and LH about 20%.

If you maintained that gap will narrowed to 20%, you are taking into account only the difference between FH & LH. so LH CCR will be the same as LH OCR?

hopeful
08-01-11, 12:34

Thosr with CCR props nt happy cos they think should be 300-400%, but they only see maybe 50-100% more commonly. They shy again from the word 'convergence' and hope for 'divergence' instead and some ask stupid questions.

I said before, the disparity in standard of living everywhere in singapore is decreasing, hence snob appeal of CCR reduced and hence prices converge. CCR will always be higher (unless a new CCR comes up) but their premium is dropping.

I am interested in those stupid questions.
Usually fools ask more questions than wise men can answer ;)
care to share those stupid questions from CCR owners?

mantrix
08-01-11, 12:37
I am interested in those stupid questions.
Usually fools ask more questions than wise men can answer ;)
care to share those stupid questions from CCR owners?

Now I know why you are called hopeful :)

hopeful
08-01-11, 12:42
Now I know why you are called hopeful :)
yup, hope to be a UHNW individual realistically. billionaire status is out my reach.
Of all the 3 things, hope, faith, love, the greatest of them all is love.
I can't be called lover, can I ;)
nor be called faithful, since I strayed from the true path of propertyism, so no choiced but be called hopeful.

But what my nick go to with anything?
The stupid questions that you mentioned? Share leh, so that other OCR supporters can laugh :)

kingkong1984
08-01-11, 12:54
Forget Ion, go MBS or duty free in airport better.
CCR for top 5 %
RCR for top 15%
OCR for top 25%
Hdb for the rest till 95%
5% rental, tenants, park and prisons.

stalingrad
08-01-11, 12:55
CCR majority FH? OCR majority LH? was informed that gap between FH and LH about 20%.

If you maintained that gap will narrowed to 20%, you are taking into account only the difference between FH & LH. so LH CCR will be the same as LH OCR?

no. FH vs FH, 10 to 20% premium.

we live in OCR and our home is FH.

reuters
08-01-11, 13:53
based on the history of Singapore, some parts of the current CCR were not CCR then. I believe the shape/districts will change in tandem with the speed of the developments. For instance, I find Keppel Bay more upmarket than Pandan Valley or Bukit Timah and don't understand or cannot appreciate paying above 2 mil for some roadside apartment like Jardin with a design that is not fantastic either. Buona Vista for instance, is closer to town compared to Pandan Valley, but is considered RCR (district 5). I believe the price of these highly potential RCR will narrow towards the cheaper units of the CCR but others will remain. In that sense, there will always be a gap if we are taking the average of these psf because of the variety of projects within CCR and RCR. I do not see how OCR can narrow towards CCR without first narrowing towards RCR. Again, based on charts, I have not seen them cross the line before, but I believe the projects in OCR that are near to RCR will narrow towards them, whereas others further away can only pray to get benefit from the overall market moving up.

amk
08-01-11, 14:02
no. FH vs FH, 10 to 20% FH.

Stalingrad , realistically speaking, I think there are very few sellers in CCR willing to sell at a mere 20% premium. On the other hand, there are a lot of buyers willing to pay more than 50% premium. When it is desirable, how much premium it's "worth" becomes entirely subjective.

stalingrad
08-01-11, 14:26
Stalingrad , realistically speaking, I think there are very few sellers in CCR willing to sell at a mere 20% premium. On the other hand, there are a lot of buyers willing to pay more than 50% premium. When it is desirable, how much premium it's "worth" becomes entirely subjective.

you are wrong.

d'leedon, selling for 1,500psf. no one cares. lakefront, 1000psf. It is almost sold out.

rattydrama
08-01-11, 14:28
few weeks ago, few experts in the papers talked about CCR price not moving much and should be moving high in 2011 and OCR should have stagnant.

Today, CCR property flashing full page in straits times - few of them.

Dont u guys see anything? Propaganda

I like people in this thread. while experts keep touting prime properties and government keep trying to tamp down property prices in OCR, we believe in OCR properties because we can see for ourselves the fundamentals. for me, there are no experts. Experts just are those that say seemingly smart things for a hidden agenda. they all work for people like teddy.

rattydrama
08-01-11, 14:42

Let me guess, those who had the intention to buy CCR change their mind and bought East Coast, Jurong Lake, D1&2 and MBR and perhaps D23 now?

When you do your property hunting, have you considered CCR and later bought some where else with better rental yield and lower psf and quantum?

stalingrad
08-01-11, 14:45
Let me guess, those who had the intention to buy CCR change their mind and bought East Coast, Jurong Lake, D1&2 and MBR and perhaps D23 now?

When you do your property hunting, have you considered CCR and later bought some where else with better rental yield and lower psf and quantum?

I have. we almost bought Greenwood landed, but bough OCR instead.

rattydrama
08-01-11, 14:52
I have. we almost bought Greenwood landed, but bough OCR instead.

so this is the convergence effect which some of them denied. my take is even if you belief of OCR, don't anyhow buy as we need to take care of the downside risk, just the gems, like what regulators did....:cool:

stalingrad
08-01-11, 14:57
so this is the convergence effect which some of them denied. my take is even if you belief of OCR, don't anyhow buy as we need to take care of the downside risk, just the gems, like what regulators did....:cool:
no, don't anyhow buy. but owning two ocr condos is safer than owning one ccr condo. just look at d'leedon. how many units have been sold out of those 1700 units? and how many units of duchess residences are looking for buyes? rivergate is another example. 200 units for sale on propertyguru alone.

in contrast, virtually all ocr property launches are sold out within a month or two. If not sold out, then substantially sold out.

reuters
08-01-11, 16:13
no, don't anyhow buy. but owning two ocr condos is safer than owning one ccr condo. just look at d'leedon. how many units have been sold out of those 1700 units? and how many units of duchess residences are looking for buyes? rivergate is another example. 200 units for sale on propertyguru alone.

in contrast, virtually all ocr property launches are sold out within a month or two. If not sold out, then substantially sold out.

True that there are many units for duchess and rivergate reflected in propertyguru for sale, but from my experience many of the listings are multiple listings - ie, marketed by different agents when there are actually not that many units as we think. When I bought mine (another property), there were also 200+ units for sale, but when I physically checked, there were only about 4 of the kind that I was looking for and my guess is the actual number of units available was possibly less than 50!

I think ginormous projects like d'leedon require a critical mass of people with deep pockets. It is one of those CCR projects which do not really substantial advantage over some RCR - I am comparing this 99-year lease d'leedon with the 99-year lease One North Residences. Both are near Holland V, with One North nearer, and both near mrt. But because it is near Nanyang Primary, there will be takers sooner or later, for parents who want to stay near that school. I like big projects, but not that big. I feel that facilities may be crowded.

amk
08-01-11, 16:35
but from my experience many of the listings are multiple listings - ie, marketed by different agents when there are actually not that many units as we think

From my experience, some ads are even dummy ads, when the agent has no real units with them. They just put a figure there to fish potential buyers. Particularly from one certain agency. For example, look ay The Parc, how many are on sale ?

amk
08-01-11, 16:41
you are wrong.

d'leedon, selling for 1,500psf. no one cares. lakefront, 1000psf. It is almost sold out.

Leedon only launched 250, sold abt 90% I think, by all account it's not that bad lah !

Let's look at its next phase, whether it will raise price as some agents claimed.

august
08-01-11, 20:07
Leedon only launched 250, sold abt 90% I think, by all account it's not that bad lah !

Let's look at its next phase, whether it will raise price as some agents claimed.

next phase shld be priced higher since they will be from better blocks
i am guessing there will be 3 phases like interlace

cashrich
08-01-11, 20:21
Always bet on CCR. Mass market looks like HDBs.

DaytonaSS
08-01-11, 21:44

Errr Staglingrad, i wonder if u pluck examples from sky or not? d'leedon soft launch already sold 230+/250 units launched that is 90+% sold. i think if u like to post examples it will be nice if u can substain it with reliable infor

Its quiet silly to think that a development within walking minutes from MRT, botanical garden, and good schools and central location, is in anyway inferior to staying near industrial area/lake. Pple buy at different location for different reason.

your statment of all OCR is "virtually" sold within a month or 2 statement is 1 pole hit all boats.

If u understand mass market, it means its suppose to sell in mass numbers. Seriously do u expect more pple able to afford 2.5m property or 1.2m property. $2m property @ 80% ,$1.6m loan @ 3%(avg interest) interest over 30 years = $6745 monthly. Even if u max out CPF of $1035(OA) x 2 income, pple still need to fork out $4675 cash monthly somewhere down the road.

I think at the present situation, its more of a qn of affortability issue unless the 80% mass market is earning a household income of $12k monthly(50% for house).

BTW bros here, i m not intending to say pple stay OCR cannot afford CCR price. I m sure there are some pple whom prefer to stay in lim chu kang and yet boost $10m cash in bank.

DaytonaSS
08-01-11, 21:49

another 1 pole hit all boats statement!

teddybear
08-01-11, 21:57
There are many mass market condos surrounded by HDB flats, and nowsdays, the HDB blocks are so modern in design that they just look like the mass market condos blocks! To pay 3x the price of HDB flat for a mass market condo to be beside the HDB flat is like :doh:. Heard too many instances of the HDB flat dwellers helping themselves to the nearby condos' facilities! :banghead:
Seems like the best HDB flat to buy is those just beside some mass market condo? Pay 1/3 their price and still can enjoy their facilities for free? :p

DaytonaSS
08-01-11, 22:24

i have not visited duchess residences before, issit that bad? For example of pple with money to burn, y dont u visit Sentosa cove district. I am sure u can get a good feel of wat is too much $$$ to burn. This type of burning is shiok kind :scared-5:.

hopeful
10-01-11, 08:50

Share leh. So that CCR fans can also laugh at ourselves and OCR fans can also laugh at us. Laugh and the whole world with you.:D
Does it hurt you one little bit to share those "stupid" questions?

amk
10-01-11, 10:36
i have not visited duchess residences before, issit that bad?
dun know. it's not yet TOPed.

the design concept is very much like Glentrees. unit layout, landscaping, etc. very very different from his Carabelle . Lots of plants/trees/greens. U either like it or hate it I suppose ;)

teddybear
10-01-11, 11:46
I am afraid you are wasting your time with that person because cannot substantiate lah! Think the person who makes such quote like "They shy again from the word 'convergence' and hope for 'divergence' instead and some ask stupid questions" but cannot substantiate fits that highlighted word very well! :D

Furthermore that person said "Based on history, gap is already narrowed.", so we can infer that history has shown that the gap has been much wider before, so what makes him think that that the gap will get narrower instead of become wider again and the narrow gap is a one-off event or a cycle thing? :tongue3:

Share leh. So that CCR fans can also laugh at ourselves and OCR fans can also laugh at us. Laugh and the whole world with you.:D
Does it hurt you one little bit to share those "stupid" questions?

stalingrad
10-01-11, 14:18
I am afraid you are wasting your time with that person because cannot substantiate lah! Think the person who makes such quote like "They shy again from the word 'convergence' and hope for 'divergence' instead and some ask stupid questions" but cannot substantiate fits that highlighted word very well! :D

Furthermore that person said "Based on history, gap is already narrowed.", so we can infer that history has shown that the gap has been much wider before, so what makes him think that that the gap will get narrower instead of become wider again and the narrow gap is a one-off event or a cycle thing? :tongue3:

the gap is more likely to narrow further than to widen again. government is doing everything within its power to make OCR as vibrant and as business friendly, and as pleasant to live in as CCR. Didn't they just announce another 1 billion dollars earmarked for outlying areas?

hopeful
10-01-11, 14:23
the gap is more likely to narrow further than to widen again. government is doing everything within its power to make OCR as vibrant and as business friendly, and as pleasant to live in as CCR. Didn't they just announce another 1 billion dollars earmarked for outlying areas?
Last time, CCR 900psf and OCR 300psf, difference 600psf. and CCR is 3x OCR.

Now, CCR 2000psf and OCR 1000psf, difference 1000psf and CCR is 2x OCR.

So gap widens or narrow? :beats-me-man:
Maybe each of us has different definition of gap

stalingrad
10-01-11, 14:34

last time, CCR 2000psf, and OCR 500psf. the gap is 1,500.

Now, CCR still 2000psf, and OCR 1000psf, the gap is now 1,000.

CCR is a hare that sleeps, OCR is a tortoise that ran like hell. The tortoise has almost caught up with the hare.

august
10-01-11, 14:34

OCR generally is $8xx psf
prime luxury CCR generally over $25xx psf

so still 3x

hopeful
10-01-11, 14:50

CCR is a hare that sleeps, OCR is a tortoise that ran like hell. The tortoise has almost caught up with the hare.

which time period you use? bought first property 1998, when it crashed, at that time, RV price only 800-900psf and OCR is like 300-400psf.

Now RV is about 2K, cosmo, trillium, rivergate, latitude etc. OCR is like 1000psf.

so gap widen or narrow?

stalingrad
10-01-11, 15:27
which time period you use? bought first property 1998, when it crashed, at that time, RV price only 800-900psf and OCR is like 300-400psf.

Now RV is about 2K, cosmo, trillium, rivergate, latitude etc. OCR is like 1000psf.

so gap widen or narrow?

2007 and 08 is the base year.

hopeful
10-01-11, 15:43
2007 and 08 is the base year.

I just love statistics. Different starting year can give different results.

Actually no such fairytale as tortoise beating the hare. Try to read the original Grimm brothers or the origins of nursery rhyme. Little Red Riding Hood was eaten by the wolf. The world was a much darker place then. Then they whitewash Grimm's tales and nursery rhymes. the pity.

teddybear
10-01-11, 15:52
That is very funny! Only people living in dream will ever think that tortoise can run faster than the hare in an actual race! :doh:

OCR is not just $1000 psf now, OCR has hit $1300 psf! Any tom dick and harry OCR 99LH of reasonable state also easily $800 psf (vs $400 psf previously)! Ops! I never know the middle-income earners in Singapore has become sooooo rich! Have their income doubled in just the past few years? :confused: Time for Govt to increase GST, water and electrical bills, refuge collection taxes, transport fares, taxi fares, University fares, polyclinic and Govt hospital charges etc? (after COEs has already gone up). :scared-3:

Regulators
10-01-11, 16:09
Your ccr kakis in mackenzie and little india also shop at mustafa
That is very funny! Only people living in dream will ever think that tortoise can run faster than the hare in an actual race! :doh:

OCR is not just $1000 psf now, OCR has hit $1300 psf! Any tom dick and harry OCR 99LH of reasonable state also easily $800 psf (vs $400 psf previously)! Ops! I never know the middle-income earners in Singapore has become sooooo rich! Have their income doubled in just the past few years? :confused: Time for Govt to increase GST, water and electrical bills, refuge collection taxes, transport fares, taxi fares, University fares, polyclinic and Govt hospital charges etc? (after COEs has already gone up). :scared-3:

Regulators
10-01-11, 16:25
I think the fight between ocr and ccr fans a bit bo liao, coz ultimately anywhere in singapore that can make money is a good investment.

hopeful
10-01-11, 16:32
I think the fight between ocr and ccr fans a bit bo liao, coz ultimately anywhere in singapore that can make money is a good investment.

yup, arguments are only abt ccr ocr. What if the arguments are about religion?
blood has and will be shed :doh:. A bit bo liao cos ultimately, everybody can go to heaven.

ay123
10-01-11, 16:56
precisely.....can stop arguing abt ccr and ocr or not. if u prefer to live in ccr, buy ccr. if prefer live in ocr buy ocr who care!! end of day we are more interested in where can yr pot of money grow. Mr Deng once said "black cat white cat, as long they can catch mouse, they are good cat!!!"......so "CCR or OCR, as long they can reap profit, they are good R" all cheers :cheers1:

hopeful
10-01-11, 17:07
precisely.....can stop arguing abt ccr and ocr or not. if u prefer to live in ccr, buy ccr. if prefer live in ocr buy ocr who care!! end of day we are more interested in where can yr pot of money grow. Mr Deng once said "black cat white cat, as long they can catch mouse, they are good cat!!!"......so "CCR or OCR, as long they can reap profit, they are good R" all cheers :cheers1:

Supporting CCR and OCR is like supporting football clubs. Each has supporters and detractors. It makes life more interesting isn't it. Can't wait until end 2011 to see Carabelle or DR rise more.
Stalingrad: don't cheat by buying more units of Carabelle at high psf :doh:.
Teddybear, the same goes for you too.:doh:

teddybear
10-01-11, 17:34
I heard my nick being called here. I thought is Crabelle vs PI? :D
Ops, I forgot what $psf are the benchmark prices for both? $1000 psf vs $1600 psf is it? :cheers1:

Supporting CCR and OCR is like supporting football clubs. Each has supporters and detractors. It makes life more interesting isn't it. Can't wait until end 2011 to see Carabelle or DR rise more.
Stalingrad: don't cheat by buying more units of Carabelle at high psf :doh:.
Teddybear, the same goes for you too.:doh:

sh
10-01-11, 20:30
nothing to fight over... just let the figures speak... see which one goes up faster.

The key word is "up":D

hopeful
11-01-11, 08:58
nothing to fight over... just let the figures speak... see which one goes up faster.

The key word is "up":D

Nothing to fight over. Just a mental exercise. I find that participating in debates stimulate my thinking cap. It actually forced me to think about things that I once took for granted or glossed over.

Thanks Regulator, for that point about yield and payoff. Went back to check real estate books, so finally understand what they mean. Last time just gloss over that section. I used to think, so what about negative yield. I have holding power. Capital appreciaton can cover all expenses. It is that shift in perspective, drop in value can still make profit.

But as age catches up with me, the maximum loan tenure is getting shorter and shorter (unless I get younger and younger wives :ashamed1:). Rental won't be able to cover mortgage. So from next cycle onwards, won't be buying and selling within a cycle. Still will do market timing, and try to be a devotee of propertyism :).

ps. Since I am an exclusively CCR owner, naturally I take the stand of CCR.

devilplate
11-01-11, 09:40
But as age catches up with me, the maximum loan tenure is getting shorter and shorter (unless I get younger and younger wives :ashamed1:). Rental won't be able to cover mortgage. So from next cycle onwards, won't be buying and selling within a cycle. Still will do market timing, and try to be a devotee of propertyism :).

ps. Since I am an exclusively CCR owner, naturally I take the stand of CCR.

ppty accumulation is better:cheers6:

hopeful
11-01-11, 09:43
ppty accumulation is better:cheers6:

Do you take equity out of your fully paid up properties? So that you can put downpayment for another property.

devilplate
11-01-11, 09:49
Do you take equity out of your fully paid up properties? So that you can put downpayment for another property.

i encourage ppl to do tat:D

proud owner
11-01-11, 09:59
i encourage ppl to do tat:D

can share how do you do that ?

gfoo
11-01-11, 10:08

most banks offer term loans tied to your mortgage. i just did that for one, upping LTV from 25% to 50%

stalingrad
11-01-11, 10:10

It is called home equity loan in the US. it is just borrowing against your home.

gfoo
11-01-11, 10:17
At today's interest rate environment, the variance is only 20 basis points, so i treat the additional buffer as an opportunities/insurance 'fund'. Worse come to worse, just pay back and status quo ante.

devilplate
11-01-11, 10:18
It is called home equity loan in the US. it is just borrowing against your home.

tats correct.....at least can borrow up to 60% of ur current home value....

ay123
11-01-11, 10:22
spore is call equity financing(maybe different bank use different name). but not applicable for project under construction. think need not be fully paid property. can use property that appreciate in value over the years (bank valuation)

devilplate
11-01-11, 10:27
spore is call equity financing(maybe different bank use different name). but not applicable for project under construction. think need not be fully paid property. can use property that appreciate in value over the years (bank valuation)

to my knowledge, its possible for BUC projects

ay123
11-01-11, 10:41
to my knowledge, its possible for BUC projects

which bank?

rattydrama
11-01-11, 10:44
Will it be better to pay your existing home loan in full and take up home equity loan or better to apply for new loan for yr next purhcase?

devilplate
11-01-11, 10:49
Will it be better to pay your existing home loan in full and take up home equity loan or better to apply for new loan for yr next purhcase?

ur qn doesnt make sense?

devilplate
11-01-11, 10:50
which bank?

foreign banks....nvr ask local banks b4....lol

rattydrama
11-01-11, 12:47
ur qn doesnt make sense? where gone wrong?

stalingrad
11-01-11, 12:56
ur qn doesnt make sense?

he is saying that if he has 200k. is it better to

(1) pay off the existing housing loan, and then get a home equity loan against the property to buy another property

or
(2) keep the existing housing loan, and use the 200k plus a new loan to buy another property.

I think option (1) is better. it allows you to borrow more.

devilplate
11-01-11, 13:26
he is saying that if he has 200k. is it better to

(1) pay off the existing housing loan, and then get a home equity loan against the property to buy another property

or
(2) keep the existing housing loan, and use the 200k plus a new loan to buy another property.

I think option (1) is better. it allows you to borrow more.
Dun hf to b fully paid for equity loan

teddybear
11-01-11, 15:47
Differentiating CCR & OCR will help a person to make profit by investing in the right segment at the right time. It is still all about profits! (but be careful hor about fake CCR)! :cheers1:

---------------------
DMG Research Report:
Turnout stays robust. Over the weekend, we visited the showflat of Austville
Residences in Sengkang, the fourth executive condo (EC) to be launched since
Oct 10. Evidenced by the high number of applications and robust showflat
turnout, interest was strong. However, actual sales can only be ascertained next
week. We expect moderate take-up, due to lack of proximity to MRT and more
supply ahead (BTO, EC and Mass Private) within the Punggol/Sengkang
enclave. We maintain our view of a 10% drop in mass prices and 10% rise in
high-end prices in CY11F. Developers are now trading at parity to their FY11F
RNAVs, and we expect big-cap developers under our coverage to trade
sideways. Our BUY recommendations for small-mid cap high-end players (Wing
Tai and SC Global) are maintained.

devilplate
11-01-11, 16:07
Differentiating CCR & OCR will help a person to make profit by investing in the right segment at the right time. It is still all about profits! (but be careful hor about fake CCR)! :cheers1:

---------------------
DMG Research Report:
turnout, interest was strong. However, actual sales can only be ascertained next

den y u miss OCR in early 07....shd switch to OCR at tat time:p

teddybear
11-01-11, 16:20
Why need to switch? CCR is for long-term investment while OCR is not. Only OCR then you need to buy and sell, buy and sell (repeat again). You won't feel tired & stressed doing that? Who is so "god"-like to be able to predict accurately all the time? Buy CCR and hold long long sure make money, no need to be so stressed out buying and selling and guessing the market. :p

den y u miss OCR in early 07....shd switch to OCR at tat time:p

stalingrad
11-01-11, 16:25
Why need to switch? CCR is for long-term investment while OCR is not. Only OCR then you need to buy and sell, buy and sell (repeat again). You won't feel tired & stressed doing that? Who is so "god"-like to be able to predict accurately all the time? Buy CCR and hold long long sure make money, no need to be so stressed out buying and selling and guessing the market. :p

no, devilplate is saying that you keep bad mouthing OCR properties because you missed the boat in 2007. It is regret and jealousy that make you such a critic of OCR properties. he is saying you are a sour grape. :D

I have to agree with him.:D

teddybear
11-01-11, 16:33
Or is it the reverse that you missed buying CCR in early 2009 that you now keep bad mouthing CCR on one hand while keep visiting units in CCR (such as Duchess residences, D'Leedon) on the other hand? If you haven't been so greedy, you would have bought Tribeca at $12xx psf (now selling $18xx psf). The profit is easily more than what you can made from Crabella? :p

no, devilplate is saying that you keep bad mouthing OCR properties because you missed the boat in 2007. It is regret and jealousy that make you such a critic of OCR properties. he is saying you are a sour grape. :D

I have to agree with him.:D

kingkong1984
11-01-11, 16:36
The whole of Singapore can be considered CCR, our cheapest hdb already can beat JB house anytime. Within this CCR, you have some selling less than others because it is still young. Given time, the Gap will narrow instead of widening.

teddybear
11-01-11, 16:47
Tiong Bahru 5rm flat 11xx sqft, 5 years old, - $800k. (very young).

Punggol 5m flat 11xx sqft, 5 years old, - $450k. (still very young).

Why almost 2x difference? (The only difference is that TB in RCR and Punggol in OCR). :banghead:

The whole of Singapore can be considered CCR, our cheapest hdb already can beat JB house anytime. Within this CCR, you have some selling less than others because it is still young. Given time, the Gap will narrow instead of widening.

kingkong1984
11-01-11, 19:47
Bishan? U look at punggol first launch and the prices now. All play catching up to duxton. I am not saying CCR no gd or will not go up, just one faster than the other and I am betting on OCR.

rattydrama
11-01-11, 20:18
Dun hf to b fully paid for equity loan

thanks stalingrad for the clarification and comments. So devil, wats yr take? another assumption is not to fully paid the 1st loan.
what about 2nd loan if 1st loan 80% paid. to take up equity loan better or take a total new 2nd loan?

devilplate
11-01-11, 20:28
thanks stalingrad for the clarification and comments. So devil, wats yr take? another assumption is not to fully paid the 1st loan.
what about 2nd loan if 1st loan 80% paid. to take up equity loan better or take a total new 2nd loan?
I just simply treat it as an alternative instead of selling to raise funds

ay123
12-01-11, 10:42

---------------------
DMG Research Report:

KingKong is right.....everyone has their own risk appetite. thers no right/wrong choosing ccr or ocr. ccr might give the highest return but when mkt crash, it will give u the hardest hit. if u bought a 3m ccr and value drop 50% during crisis, u would probably walking with jelly leg everyday. so only those that can swallow the risk can take it. ocr might not give as high return as ccr, but the impact will not be so great when mkt turn. so for starter, is better to venture ocr then ccr. just quote an eg, my friend bought a ccr in 2007 (peak) for slighly < 4m. during crisis, the value drop 50% and he is sitting on nearly 2m loss. till now it has not breakeven. on the other end, centris sold at slighly >400psf. the price drop slightly below 400psf during crisis but it has since recovered and now is selling at 1000psf. so ccr risk is much higher than ocr.
for me i never believe in "expert", they talk only (no action). mkt up/down they don lose anything but ppl that listen to their bad advice will suffer. if they are so good they should be retire comfortably with many properties. why they are still analysis the market. i think devilplate is better than the expert. he is jobless with passive income :D
i remember there is a stock expert (surname prof zeng, cannot remember the name). he openly ask ppl to sell all stock to cut loss when dow is below 10000, he said that it will continue to drop until 5000. now where is he?? either he is hiding or he must have jump becos he sold all his stock before recover. can u imagine how many ppl suffer becos of his stupid advice.

propertychap
12-01-11, 12:31
I have been following the discussion of home equity loan here and find it informative. However, if we cash out part of the value of the property, wouldnt I also have to repay the loan at an interest rate as well? So does it mean we got to take up 2 loans? 1 for the equity to downpay for another house and another loan to service the other house?

devilplate
12-01-11, 12:39
I have been following the discussion of home equity loan here and find it informative. However, if we cash out part of the value of the property, wouldnt I also have to repay the loan at an interest rate as well? So does it mean we got to take up 2 loans? 1 for the equity to downpay for another house and another loan to service the other house?

yes correct.....

teddybear
12-01-11, 13:55
Which property are you talking about in CCR that suffers 50% loss from 2007 high to 2009 low? Sorry I am not aware of such case but would be very glad if you can enlighten us. On the other hand, I am well aware of many cases of OCR condos dropping 50% or more. For example, Springdale in Upper Bukit Timah had transacted at almost $1000 psf during their peak and then dropped to about $500 psf during their lows. That is about 50% drop! (Till now still cannot hit $1000 psf). :scared-1:

KingKong is right.....everyone has their own risk appetite. thers no right/wrong choosing ccr or ocr. ccr might give the highest return but when mkt crash, it will give u the hardest hit. if u bought a 3m ccr and value drop 50% during crisis, u would probably walking with jelly leg everyday. so only those that can swallow the risk can take it. ocr might not give as high return as ccr, but the impact will not be so great when mkt turn. so for starter, is better to venture ocr then ccr. just quote an eg, my friend bought a ccr in 2007 (peak) for slighly < 4m. during crisis, the value drop 50% and he is sitting on nearly 2m loss. till now it has not breakeven. on the other end, centris sold at slighly >400psf. the price drop slightly below 400psf during crisis but it has since recovered and now is selling at 1000psf. so ccr risk is much higher than ocr.
for me i never believe in "expert", they talk only (no action). mkt up/down they don lose anything but ppl that listen to their bad advice will suffer. if they are so good they should be retire comfortably with many properties. why they are still analysis the market. i think devilplate is better than the expert. he is jobless with passive income :D
i remember there is a stock expert (surname prof zeng, cannot remember the name). he openly ask ppl to sell all stock to cut loss when dow is below 10000, he said that it will continue to drop until 5000. now where is he?? either he is hiding or he must have jump becos he sold all his stock before recover. can u imagine how many ppl suffer becos of his stupid advice.

hopeful
12-01-11, 14:40
Teddybear always give examples to support his point, be it London, or in this case, Springdale.
OCR supporters only give generalizaton. When pressed for examples, everybody kept mum.
I am also interested in CCR unit that drop 50%. Please don't ask me to look in Streetsine by saying that it has lots (ala Stalingrad's statement).
Perhaps Teddybear, you can 2-3 more examples of OCR that drop 50%.

Regulators
12-01-11, 14:52
zenith saw a 35% drop from peak to 2008/9. studios were transacted at $1 million at launch and some owners were forced to sell at $6xxk to $7xxk during the low. You can search the caveat for the past 2 years

Teddybear always give examples to support his point, be it London, or in this case, Springdale.
OCR supporters only give generalizaton. When pressed for examples, everybody kept mum.
I am also interested in CCR unit that drop 50%. Please don't ask me to look in Streetsine by saying that it has lots (ala Stalingrad's statement).

ay123
12-01-11, 14:55

who said no example. my friend bought sentosa at 3.9m in 2007. in 2009 crisis, the value drop to 1.5~1.8m. he hold till now and is still not breakeven. he is sitting on loss of >1.5m during tat time and is quite stressful

ay123
12-01-11, 15:00
Which property are you talking about in CCR that suffers 50% loss from 2007 high to 2009 low? Sorry I am not aware of such case but would be very glad if you can enlighten us. On the other hand, I am well aware of many cases of OCR condos dropping 50% or more. For example, Springdale in Upper Bukit Timah had transacted at almost $1000 psf during their peak and then dropped to about $500 psf during their lows. That is about 50% drop! (Till now still cannot hit $1000 psf). :scared-1:
i quote u centris performance right. from decline of around 10% to increase of 100%. is this kind of investment not profitable??? so can u give an ccr example tat give 100% appreciation. or u bought yr ccr at peak and still trying to sell yr ccr idea hoping to support the price

hopeful
12-01-11, 15:01
From another poster, who quote the complete text is,
From Mr Kwek :

"I would allot 50 per cent to property. Everybody says property is not liquid. Yes, it’s true. Shares are more liquid. But it’s more a question of pricing. Suppose your condo is worth $1 million and you need money urgently. You can sell it at $800,000. Do you not think anyone will buy? There will be buyers, especially when there is no shortage of housing loans in Singapore.
And if you can borrow from the bank, why shouldn’t the bank lend to you? The highest decline in property prices was 38 per cent. If the bank lends you 35 to 40 per cent, how can the bank lose? They know the value of property here will not collapse like a pack of cards."
at least he acknowledges that prices have fallen 38% before. :)

wonder how he derived the figure of 38%. Perhap values have drop more, but only paper loss?

teddybear
12-01-11, 15:04
Unfortunately I also can't find any in CCR that sell at 50% of transacted price. :o
The closest I encounter is near to 40% but you know, got such deal I will 'eat' myself (unless there are too many that I can't makan all but unlikely because such deal don't come easy and won't land in front of you by itself, need contacts and hard work! The first in line to 'eat' are the agents themselves but those expensive units they passed because scared!). :cheers1:

teddybear
12-01-11, 15:06
Which one? Sentosa thought already climbed back to 2007 high?

who said no example. my friend bought sentosa at 3.9m in 2007. in 2009 crisis, the value drop to 1.5~1.8m. he hold till now and is still not breakeven. he is sitting on loss of >1.5m during tat time and is quite stressful

proud owner
12-01-11, 15:08

i am a supporter of neither CCR , nor OCR or whatever C or R

i remember vividly Ardmore II someone bought at 2500 psf ... and cut at 1600 ish psf during the lehman crisis ..

thats more than the 38 pct ...

i, also blur how Mr Kwek came out with 38 pct

teddybear
12-01-11, 15:14
Did you calculate wrongly or I calculate wrongly?
drop of ($2500 - $1600) / $2500 = 36% right? :o

i am a supporter of neither CCR , nor OCR or whatever C or R

i remember vividly Ardmore II someone bought at 2500 psf ... and cut at 1600 ish psf during the lehman crisis ..

thats more than the 38 pct ...

i, also blur how Mr Kwek came out with 38 pct

ay123
12-01-11, 15:23
Which one? Sentosa thought already climbed back to 2007 high?

sorry cant release more info....the last time i was told not yet but he has recovered most loss already. my pt is the risk appetite must be big enough to swallow for ccr

proud owner
12-01-11, 15:25
Did you calculate wrongly or I calculate wrongly?
drop of ($2500 - $1600) / $2500 = 36% right? :o

it fell to below 1600 psf .. more than 40 pct drop really

just that it fell off the caveat data as it was more than a yr ago ... so i simply said 1600 ISH

teddybear
12-01-11, 15:27
So the information you provided is wrong! Already recovered almost all the loss! However, for somebody who bought at $1000 psf in OCR, now probably become resale unit and so far I have not seen resale OCR private properties where all units transact above $1000 psf (there may be just a few 1-off transactions with the others still hovering at $8xx-9xx psf). :p

sorry cant release more info....the last time i was told not yet but he has recovered most loss already. my pt is the risk appetite must be big enough to swallow for ccr

teddybear
12-01-11, 15:34
No Ardmore II didn't - I am very sure about this. The lowest transacted price in 2009 is what you quoted - $1600 psf (though also not right to say this way because we don't know how much the guy bought it for, since this unit may be a low floor lousy facing unit that most people don't want so the owner's actual purchase price may be much less, and so the actual loss may be much less).

it fell to below 1600 psf .. more than 40 pct drop really

just that it fell off the caveat data as it was more than a yr ago ... so i simply said 1600 ISH

hopeful
12-01-11, 15:36
i quote u centris performance right. from decline of around 10% to increase of 100%. is this kind of investment not profitable??? so can u give an ccr example tat give 100% appreciation. or u bought yr ccr at peak and still trying to sell yr ccr idea hoping to support the price

centris according to property guru.
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/the-centris-63
lowest was i383psf 2009-07.
highest 1020psf 2010-12.

Rivergate
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/rivergate-78
lowest 1100psf 2008-12
highest 2059psf 2010-12

The Sail
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/the-sail-marina-bay-59
lowest 1146psf 2009-04
highest 3263psf 2010-05.

Of course not talking about same units for highest and lowest here. For that need better database.:cheers1:

propertychap
12-01-11, 15:38
So would 2k psf considered as high in Tanjong Pagar area?

hopeful
12-01-11, 15:39
No Ardmore II didn't - I am very sure about this. The lowest transacted price in 2009 is what you quoted - $1600 psf (though also not right to say this way because we don't know how much the guy bought it for, since this unit may be a low floor lousy facing unit that most people don't want so the owner's actual purchase price may be much less, and so the actual loss may be much less).

from property guru
http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/project/ardmore-ii-131

lowest was 1600psf, 2009-04

teddybear
12-01-11, 15:45
Your way of quoting also not quite right because 2009-2010 is an excellent year for OCR. The question going forward is the stellar performance going to be repeated in 2011? OCR private properties of family size units have never never breached $1200 psf before for new launch until recently (and never breached $1000 psf before for resale until recently). So you expect another 100% increase for OCR private properties in 2011? Is that realistic?

Your example also not quite right because you are generalising since you are not quoting for 1 particular unit, but 1 unit transacted at say $1000 psf (may a choice unit in the estate, small size, high floor, best view and facing) vs a $4xx psf unit (may be a super large, low floor, lousy facing unit). How to compare?
For CCR, must quote over longer term and we can see the effects. Say Ardmore Park somebody actually bought at $1647 psf in 2005, now selling up to $3688 psf! That is 124% increase (not just 100%) over a 5+ years period! :cheers1:

hopeful
12-01-11, 16:09
For OCR fans to laugh at CCR buyers.

Getting burnt over high end homes.
http://www.singapore-property-blog.com/2010/11/15/getting-burnt-over-high-end-homes/
not a lot of profit;)

teddybear
12-01-11, 16:23
Paterson Linc sold at $2481 psf in May 2010; Last transacted $2827 psf.

Most already recovered much above their sold prices. Lesson learnt for OCR - Buy and hold long long sure make money! :cheers1:

http://www.singapore-property-blog.com/2010/11/15/getting-burnt-over-high-end-homes/
not a lot of profit;)

stalingrad
12-01-11, 16:25

not a lot of profit;)

give it time. the more time passes, the more loss-making transactions will emerge. Now they have holding power, but how long can they hold if no miracles happen?

hopeful
12-01-11, 16:46
give it time. the more time passes, the more loss-making transactions will emerge. Now they have holding power, but how long can they hold if no miracles happen?
Now Stalingrad you appeared in this thread. Thought you disappeared since no response in "Worry over skewed view as sales of 'shoebox flats' soar" thread.

I kneel down and beg you to share 2 or 3 condos out of your awesome knowledge of D10 that fits your criteria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalingrad
basically these URA indexes are complete crap. If you use them to set prices for your own units, you are in for rude surprises. I personally know that many D10 condos barely 4 years old selling for less than $1300psf, because they are so big. the owners bought these units for more than $1600psf just five years ago.

If government take more cooling measures based on these distorted URA indexes, the bigger units will drop even further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy
Can you elaborate exactly which D10 area since it stretches from River Valley to Mount Sinai area.

What size floor area are these $1300psf units?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalingrad
go streetsine.com and you will find plenty.

Streetsine only show free data a year old. So how to show data that is barely 4 years ago, much less 5 years ago?

Owners bought 5 years ago. So bought in 2006. If units barely 4 years old, means completed in 2007 january?? so fast built condo ? Unlikely bought at launch price.
So what is the launch price of the condos?
And since you know personally so many condos in D10 and since you are not interested in CCR, CCR fans are not going to be competitors with you in buying units in D10. Why not share 2-3 out of your knowledge of so many D10 condos?

bargain hunter
13-01-11, 12:41
according to The Edge, 27th April 2009:

"At Ardmore II, soft-launched in September 2006, where more than half the units were reportedly sold at prices averaging $2,300 psf, a recent sub-sale for a 2,024 sq ft apartment was done at close to $3.24 million, or $1,600 psf, according to a caveat lodged on April 1. This is a new low in terms of price per square foot in the 118-unit development where all typical units are 2,024 sq ft. The development, located within the prestigious Ardmore Park area, is expected to be completed in the coming months. According to the URA Realis database, the owner of the apartment had purchased it in February 2007 from the developer in a new sale for $4.75 million, or $2,407 psf."

i checked that transaction before on realis. it is either a 20+ or 30+ floor unit. not some low floor lousy facing.

kingkong1984
13-01-11, 20:37
End of debate.

CCR means cannot continue rising

RCR means reluctant continue rising

OCR means Often continue rising

amk
14-01-11, 11:08
well not necessarily. ;)

what I said was:

For me, I would say at this level, CCR should hopefully outperform OCR in 2011.

out performance option works when the "increment" is negative too ;)

Lovelle
17-01-11, 20:40
The Centro 1400psf
D'Leedon 1600psf

DaytonaSS
18-01-11, 00:31
The Centro 1400psf
D'Leedon 1600psf

D'leedon #08 1,270sqft $1,535psf unblocked view, which one more worth it as compared to centro? any infor on centro unit?

reuters
18-01-11, 00:51
D'leedon #08 1,270sqft $1,535psf unblocked view, which one more worth it as compared to centro? any infor on centro unit?

Why are we still discussing which is more worth? I thought the general consensus is that all will drop in value? Why not wait for the so-called price correction to happen? Maybe D'leedon will drop to $1,000 psf?

DaytonaSS
18-01-11, 01:13
Why are we still discussing which is more worth? I thought the general consensus is that all will drop in value? Why not wait for the so-called price correction to happen? Maybe D'leedon will drop to $1,000 psf?

if drop till 1300 i think alot of pple go pick liao. drop till 1000 capitaland can pack up n load up lorry le.

with all the eagle eyes here, i think the property price dont have much chance to drop alot u all snatch all the good deal le! HAHAH

hopeful
18-01-11, 09:47

general consensus is all will drop in value. but now the argument is which one will drop less. The one which drop has a better store of value.

amk
18-01-11, 10:35
that's why I said "out-perform" ;)

btw for those who has access to research reports, MSR's report showed something interesting (for Dec 2010):

1) percentage of units sold within 1 year, indicator of speculation: OCR has the same number as CCR.

2) percentage of units sold between 1-3yrs, OCR has HIGHER percentage than CCR.

Traditionally CCR has far more "short period" sales, due to investment nature, and OCR much less due to "own stay". Now it's clear ppl are speculating in OCR now. So much for "OCR for genuine home-stay". ;)

1400 psf in "Ang Mo Kio Ave #" is surreal :)

bargain hunter
18-01-11, 10:37
the most expensive unit on caveat at centro is #21 1281 sq ft, 1330psf in nov last year. not sure about sales prices now.

devilplate
18-01-11, 10:40
that's why I said "out-perform" ;)

btw for those who has access to research reports, MSR's report showed something interesting (for Dec 2010):

1) percentage of units sold within 1 year, indicator of speculation: OCR has the same number as CCR.

2) percentage of units sold between 1-3yrs, OCR has HIGHER percentage than CCR.

Traditionally CCR has far more "short period" sales, due to investment nature, and OCR much less due to "own stay". Now it's clear ppl are speculating in OCR now. So much for "OCR for genuine home-stay". ;)

1400 psf in "Ang Mo Kio Ave #" is surreal :)

simply means OCR make $$$ tats y ppl can cash out whereas CCR nvr uch $$ and got stucked....

for shares aso the same.....buy at high got stucked naturally become long term investors:p

devilplate
18-01-11, 10:41
the most expensive unit on caveat at centro is #21 1281 sq ft, 1330psf in nov last year. not sure about sales prices now.

they plucked centro(most extreme case in OCR....but i tink greenwich wud be a better candidate) and cheapest psf in dleedon to make comparison.....bluff auntie uncle can la....:p

mabe tats y from the pic, i saw many uncles turn up at spott 18!!! they tot CCR CHEAP AR!

amk
18-01-11, 10:58
u have more units to be lodged for Centro doing 1400 over.
For greenwich, the median prices are not that high, ard 1200 only. Centro consistently above 1300 across the months, should qualified as the most exp OCR project. (woops correction, most exp is Lanai 1450!)

The top 3 expensive OCR projects are all from FEO: Centro, Lanai, Greenwich. Well done FEO.

amk
18-01-11, 11:35
another thing, PRC buyers are coming. They have overtaken Indonesians and now matched Malaysians. Indians on the other hand, are not coming. The percentage dropped.

DC33_2008
18-01-11, 11:37
Shouldn't investors thank FEO for setting new highs?
For greenwich, the median prices are not that high, ard 1200 only. Centro consistently above 1300 across the months, should qualified as the most exp OCR project. (woops correction, most exp is Lanai 1450!)

The top 3 expensive OCR projects are all from FEO: Centro, Lanai, Greenwich. Well done FEO.

devilplate
18-01-11, 11:41
another thing, PRC buyers are coming. They have overtaken Indonesians and now matched Malaysians. Indians on the other hand, are not coming. The percentage dropped.

bcoz china more cooling measures den us...but not after 14jan....lol

DaytonaSS
18-01-11, 18:00
they plucked centro(most extreme case in OCR....but i tink greenwich wud be a better candidate) and cheapest psf in dleedon to make comparison.....bluff auntie uncle can la....:p

mabe tats y from the pic, i saw many uncles turn up at spott 18!!! they tot CCR CHEAP AR!

CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,315,000 1,001 Strata 1,314 Dec-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,190,000 872 Strata 1,365 Dec-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,295,000 1,001 Strata 1,294 Dec-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,314,000 1,001 Strata 1,313 Dec-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,273,800 1,001 Strata 1,272 Dec-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,208,000 872 Strata 1,386 Nov-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,703,700 1,281 Strata 1,330 Nov-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,180,000 872 Strata 1,353 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,260,000 926 Strata 1,361 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,600,000 1,206 Strata 1,327 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,170,000 872 Strata 1,342 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,220,000 926 Strata 1,318 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,395,000 1,001 Strata 1,394 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,250,000 926 Strata 1,350 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,285,000 1,001 Strata 1,284 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,633,000 1,206 Strata 1,355 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,216,000 904 Strata 1,345 Oct-10 CENTRO RESIDENCES ANG MO KIO AVENUE 8 Condominium 1 1,362,000 1,001 Strata 1,361 Sep-10
VS

D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,611,900 1,012 Strata 1,593 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 890,400 603 Strata 1,477 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,906,000 1,270 Strata 1,501 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 944,500 635 Strata 1,487 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 957,500 635 Strata 1,508 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,804,100 1,173 Strata 1,538 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,298,600 786 Strata 1,653 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 873,900 592 Strata 1,476 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,738,200 1,173 Strata 1,481 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 948,900 635 Strata 1,494 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,765,900 1,184 Strata 1,491 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 2,245,600 1,399 Strata 1,605 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,332,300 786 Strata 1,696 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,980,600 1,270 Strata 1,559 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,761,400 1,184 Strata 1,488 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,253,000 786 Strata 1,595 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 940,200 635 Strata 1,480 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,476,500 990 Strata 1,491 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 890,400 603 Strata 1,477 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,042,500 635 Strata 1,642 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,828,400 1,184 Strata 1,544 Dec-10 D'LEEDON LEEDON HEIGHTS Condominium 1 1,901,500 1,270 Strata 1,497 Dec-10
i was asking which one seems a better deal. DP feels that its cheating uncle auntie. So i post some raw data from URA for fellow bro comparision. Kudos to FEO, OCR kissing CCR soon. Does it mean CCR will move up more or down more this year?

DaytonaSS
18-01-11, 18:12
OMG!!! couldnt edit in time

can seems to use photo bucket

http://[IMG]http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp192/A3Silvereye/URAdleedon.jpgsorry for the low class posting

kane
18-01-11, 21:05

chotto matte kudasai. Greenwich at 1200psf not high? Is that our new normal?quartz down the road with mrt and 24hr NTUC is selling at 400psf cheaper ah. How to justify such a huge gulf... Then again, the same can be said of Centro and Grandeur 8. That gulf is 500psf. People's penchant for new properties baffles me once again.

sh
18-01-11, 23:14
like I said, there's no value in new launches. Completed projects much better value. especially now, cannot flip....

Gave up on new launches... though still go and kaypoh:D

kane
18-01-11, 23:34
like I said, there's no value in new launches. Completed projects much better value. especially now, cannot flip....

Gave up on new launches... though still go and kaypoh:D

Kaypoh for ID ideas.:cheers1:

mantrix
29-01-11, 06:46
Not to kick-start another debate (though that's the purpose of this thread) but even H88.com.sg mentioned,

"The prices of these regions are getting closer and closer, soon perhaps URA will discard this method of comparing prices by region and find something more representative.Why are they getting closer? Three letters - MRT. Obviously they play a huge role in raising the value of the land. And with the completion of Circle Line and Downtown Line, it will be hard to say where 'Central Region' starts and ends. You can find commercial offices all the way in Telok Blangah and Tampines!
Also, the benefits of living close to the CBD becomes less apparent than before if the train can take you from Clementi to Raffles Place in 25 minutes.
More on the numbers as we digest them over the weekend."

Just reinforces what I said before - not that OCR can match with CCR but the difference in premium is dropping everyday.

stalingrad
29-01-11, 08:32
Not to kick-start another debate (though that's the purpose of this thread) but even H88.com.sg mentioned,

"The prices of these regions are getting closer and closer, soon perhaps URA will discard this method of comparing prices by region and find something more representative.Why are they getting closer? Three letters - MRT. Obviously they play a huge role in raising the value of the land. And with the completion of Circle Line and Downtown Line, it will be hard to say where 'Central Region' starts and ends. You can find commercial offices all the way in Telok Blangah and Tampines!
Also, the benefits of living close to the CBD becomes less apparent than before if the train can take you from Clementi to Raffles Place in 25 minutes.
More on the numbers as we digest them over the weekend."

Just reinforces what I said before - not that OCR can match with CCR but the difference in premium is dropping everyday.

not to mention that of the 66000 condos in the pipeline, almost half are in CCR, as today's BT reported. this put paid to Teddy's claim that there are few condos available in CCR, and therefore prices there will go higher. if anything, condo prices in CCR are due for a major correction.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 08:47
In Singapore, whole island is CCR except Sentosa. The MRT criteria is good. However, every city will have a core of core to axe the rich.

teddybear
29-01-11, 08:48
Talk of Pipeline? You know there are 2m+ OCR private properties in the pipeline over the next 30 years that can be built quickly on empty land? Either you are ignorant or you refuse to acknowledge the fact. So if a rich person want to invest for 30 years, you think he will choose CCR with very little supply or OCR which has 2m+ supply? Put in perspective: 2m new units is 10x of existing number of units! :p

not to mention that of the 66000 condos in the pipeline, almost half are in CCR, as today's BT reported. this put paid to Teddy's claim that there are few condos available in CCR, and therefore prices there will go higher. if anything, condo prices in CCR are due for a major correction.

Regulators
29-01-11, 09:11
our govt is transforming every satellite town to make them attractive and desirable for living, singaporeans are increasingly seeing less of a need to live in prime districts. To say that there is a real need for people working in the cbd to live near cbd is pure rubbish as travelling distances in singapore is so short that even getting from east to west can be done in less than 45 min. Having lived in england for quite some time, everywhere is accessible only be car or bus, and to have a giant shopping complex within walking distance from your house is really a luxury already. Most private apartment designs in england really kanna sai compared with our condos even in the suburbs. There is a narrowing in low end ccr n ocr pricing bcoz of the vast improvement in living standards in the suburbs. If the high end ccr homes are not supported by foreign buying, owners leveraging on ccr properties will be dead meat.

Regulators
29-01-11, 09:50
With each new ocr condo built, it jacks up the prices of older surrounding ocr condos evident island wide. Mi casa brings up prices of warren and northvale, tennery brings up prices of mayspring, cascadia and floridian bring up prices of surrounding projects and hillvista bring up prices of surrounding older developments.
Talk of Pipeline? You know there are 2m+ OCR private properties in the pipeline over the next 30 years that can be built quickly on empty land? Either you are ignorant or you refuse to acknowledge the fact. So if a rich person want to invest for 30 years, you think he will choose CCR with very little supply or OCR which has 2m+ supply? Put in perspective: 2m new units is 10x of existing number of units! :p

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 10:11
With each new ocr condo built, it jacks up the prices of older surrounding ocr condos evident island wide. Mi casa brings up prices of warren and northvale, tennery brings up prices of mayspring, cascadia and floridian bring up prices of surrounding projects and hillvista bring up prices of surrounding older developments.
Yes, new developments bring up the neighboring prices. Some have called it the enblock effect too.

The vision up the blue horizon.
The lakefront up caspian
The scala up the ones beside
The dunowat up parc imperial
So many... U go find lah, lazy.

hopeful
29-01-11, 10:17
Yes, new developments bring up the neighboring prices. Some have called it the enblock effect too.

The vision up the blue horizon.
The lakefront up caspian
The scala up the ones beside
The dunowat up parc imperial
So many... U go find lah, lazy.

so have to buy a condo that has lots of empty spaces? so that newer condos will bring up its price?
Does The Riverine by the Park sounds good? Lonely condo inbetween Lavender and Kallang MRT.

hopeful
29-01-11, 10:21

Just because that there are space enough to buil 2m+ OCR private properties doesn't mean that all 2m+ properties will be built.

Regulators
29-01-11, 10:33
Aiya some people numb to logic and common sense already
Just because that there are space enough to buil 2m+ OCR private properties doesn't mean that all 2m+ properties will be built.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 10:34
so have to buy a condo that has lots of empty spaces? so that newer condos will bring up its price?
Does The Riverine by the Park sounds good? Lonely condo inbetween Lavender and Kallang MRT.
No not necessary, near D lee don also good. Buy only when price is right. The bigger space, the better. Maybe they put a new uni beside it and it's a winner.

Part 1. Buy near empty plots. Plots going enblock or possible enblock.
Part 2. Buy during launch
Part 3. Buy when price is right, if price lower after launch, can grab also.
Part 4. Buy with eyes open and hope that no negative installations are placed beside, such as funeral parlour central!

Rest is hope for the best.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 10:39
It's call self denial. Living in denial, talking in denial, sleeping in denial plus posting in denial...

CCR good for those ready to hold long long.

OCR for those ready to rent long long.

teddybear
29-01-11, 12:13
Yes you are right, but if you look at demand and supply, assuming demand remains the same, will you make more money betting on things where there is virtually very little supply (CCR) vs lots and lots of supply that can come up (OCR)? When you have 2m+ OCR supply, prices are unlikely to move up much depending on the supplier (which in this case is nearly mostly owned by 1 entity (you know who!)). That entity has the interest of making sure that HDB upgraders, making up of middle-income singaporeans (about >50% of Singapore's population & hence voters), are able to upgrade to affordable mass market private properties. However, that entity is not going and has no ability to make CCR affordable to these HDB upgraders (and they are powerless anyway even if they wish to since they have probably 1% CCR land supply vs 99% OCR land supply). Didn't that entity always says that the rich can take care of themselves? :cheers1:

teddybear
29-01-11, 12:16
Buy in Malaysia, lots of empty land and spaces around every estate to help push up your property prices! :doh:

teddybear
29-01-11, 12:17
So should have lots of land around you condo to have new condo built to help jack up prices of older surrounding condos? 1 place fit this best! - Malaysia! Buy in Malaysia, lots of empty land and spaces around every estate to help push up your property prices! :p
Furthermore, very cheap and a lot of upside potential! Recently heard a deal where a 1500 sqft in Johor Bahru selling for RM150k! You can't even buy a new Japanese 1.6L car with that price in Singapore!

teddybear
29-01-11, 12:21
Why you become a 1-liner garbage generator like your good associate Patricia? Patricia your teacher? :tongue3:

teddybear
29-01-11, 12:25
CCR hold long long Yes (mostly FH).

OCR cannot even rent long long (mostly LH, the most 99 years niah (assuming the developers complete the building of the property overnight, otherwisewise even lesser years!). :scared-1:

Can't even understand and see the truth above is either blind or stupid or brain-dead? :banghead:

It's call self denial. Living in denial, talking in denial, sleeping in denial plus posting in denial...

CCR good for those ready to hold long long.

OCR for those ready to rent long long.

amk
29-01-11, 12:57
Let me do a one liner also;) : There is money to be made for OCR at 700, but not at 1100 like today.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 13:11
Let me do a one liner also;) : There is money to be made for OCR at 700, but not at 1100 like today.
Yes, very good point. Another one liner, there is money to be made for CCR at 1500, but not at 3000 like today.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 13:13
CCR hold long long Yes (mostly FH).

OCR cannot even rent long long (mostly LH, the most 99 years niah (assuming the developers complete the building of the property overnight, otherwisewise even lesser years!). :scared-1:

Can't even understand and see the truth above is either blind or stupid or brain-dead? :banghead:
Teddy try harder.....

CCR big money big money, repeat a trillion times and a buyer will appear. :)

hopeful
29-01-11, 13:23
Yes you are right, but if you look at demand and supply, assuming demand remains the same, will you make more money betting on things where there is virtually very little supply (CCR) vs lots and lots of supply that can come up (OCR)? When you have 2m+ OCR supply, prices are unlikely to move up much depending on the supplier (which in this case is nearly mostly owned by 1 entity (you know who!)). That entity has the interest of making sure that HDB upgraders, making up of middle-income singaporeans (about >50% of Singapore's population & hence voters), are able to upgrade to affordable mass market private properties. However, that entity is not going and has no ability to make CCR affordable to these HDB upgraders (and they are powerless anyway even if they wish to since they have probably 1% CCR land supply vs 99% OCR land supply). Didn't that entity always says that the rich can take care of themselves? :cheers1:

actually I was thinking in terms of maximum population 7mil.
80% of population live in HDB, so HDB population is 5.6mil.
Assume average family size is 4. so need 1.4mil HDB flats.
the rest of population 1.4mil, live in private property.
Assume average family size is 3, need, 467k private properties.

my figures might be wrong, but you get the gist.
unlikely to have 2mil+ plus private properties combined.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 13:36

No need such calculation. Foreign buy n locals buy. FEO keep a lot right?

hopeful
29-01-11, 13:59
No need such calculation. Foreign buy n locals buy. FEO keep a lot right?

so you are saying in Singapore, can exist 2mil+ private residential properties - based on population of 7m?
I assume HDB will still be around, housing 80% of population.

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 14:10
Nope, population figures are subject to changes.
Maybe we will hit 10 million earlier

teddybear
29-01-11, 18:51
Why are you such a liar again? I just saw the news and this is what has been reported:

Of the 64,358 uncompleted units of private housing from projects in the pipeline, 20,965 units were in the core central region and 43,393 units were outside the core central region.

See! Fact is, more than 2/3 of the total uncompleted units coming onstream are in the mass market areas!

teddybear
29-01-11, 19:01
Who knows? 30 years later, may be Singapore's population increase to 15m? May be by then >50% of the population can afford and want to stay in mass market private properties and they are so happy that the Govt is helping to maintain OCR prices to help them achieve their dream (i.e. prices increase is so little over next 30 years that more middle-incomes with increasing salaries are able to afford)? :D

DaytonaSS
29-01-11, 19:34

following your kind attention on BT report, i couldnt find the 50% CCR as highlighted. If u can, pls copy n paste so we can have some sharing. However i found a very interesting articule. So here you go bro, for your reading n digestion. Facts and more facts. Contrary to your claim/analysis that CCR might due for major correction without any facts, the last paragraph highlights that there is a market for for those houses.

The charge of the bungalows brigade
URA's sub-index for detached homes soars 37.6%, boosting overall index's gain to 17.6%

By KALPANA RASHIWALA
IN a year fuelled by strong liquidity and economic growth, bungalows were the stars that led the surge in the Singapore property market in 2010. Latest data from the Urban Redevelopment Authority shows that its price index for landed homes climbed 30.8 per cent last year. The sub-index for detached houses, or bungalows, soared 37.6 per cent against a 5.6 per cent rise in 2009.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-01-29/recover29.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
The index for non-landed private homes rose 14 per cent last year, following a 0.5 per cent gain in 2009. The biggest price hike in 2010 in this segment was for completed non-landed homes in Core Central Region, which climbed 19.5 per cent last year, although prices of uncompleted units in the same region rose at a much slower rate of 10.6 per cent in 2010.
URA's overall price index for private homes swelled 17.6 per cent last year, after posting a 1.8 per cent rise in 2009. It rose 2.7 per cent quarter on quarter in Q4 2010.
Knight Frank chairman Tan Tiong Cheng observed that the index has appreciated by about 65 per cent over the past five years, translating to an average annual increase of 13 per cent. 'This is a very significant increase considering that we had the biggest financial crisis during this period,' he added. Developers sold a record 16,292 private homes (excluding executive condos) last year, up 10.9 per cent from 2009 and busting the previous high of 14,811 units in 2007.
The other sectors of the property market also saw sharp turnarounds last year, according to the latest URA numbers. For instance, the office price index rose 18.9 per cent in 2010, against a 16.4 per cent drop in 2009. Flatted factory and warehouse prices, too, shot up 23.7 per cent last year, compared with respective declines of 14.2 per cent and 16 per cent in 2009.
Looking ahead, market watchers expect some wind to be taken out of the residential sector following the latest property cooling measures. Investors are channelling their money to the commercial and industrial property segments, which were not the target of the cooling measures announced on Jan 13.
DTZ's SE Asia research head Chua Chor Hoon is predicting a minus 5 per cent to 0 per cent change in URA's overall private home price index this year. Others are more sanguine. Colliers International director of research and advisory Tay Huey Ying forecasts a 5-8 per cent rise with the increase led by mid and high-end properties.
Prices of mass market homes are expected to stay relatively unchanged or ease by up to 2 per cent given the ample new supply in this segment, she said.
As for the landed segment, RealStar Premier Property managing director William Wong, who had earlier predicted an average 10 per cent rise this year in Good Class Bungalow (GCB) prices - the creme de la creme of landed homes on mainland Singapore, now expects prices to hold in 2011.
'Transaction volumes are expected to fall 20-30 per cent over the next 3-6 months. Owners are not prepared to adjust prices downwards while buyers are waiting for prices to go down. This may not happen.'
Another bungalow specialist, KH Tan, managing director of Newsman Realty, said that some sellers have started to withdraw GCBs from the market following the latest cooling measures as they would face longer holding periods on any replacement bungalows they may purchase because of the hikes in seller's stamp duties.
Nevertheless, he predicts an increase of about 10 per cent in GCB prices this year, following last year's appreciation of about 35 per cent, because of the limited stock of GCBs, wealth effect from new ultra high net worth citizens and low interest rates. On Sentosa Cove, where foreigners may buy landed homes, the price gain this year could be higher, about 15 per cent, as 'there are still a lot of rich Chinese foreigners coming in'. Bungalow prices on Sentosa climbed 30 per cent last year on average, he estimated.
On URA's numbers, CB Richard Ellis executive director Li Hiaw Ho observed that while the price index for uncompleted non-landed homes in Outside Central Region (where mass-market condos are located) has surpassed the peak in Q2 2008 by 19.1 per cent, the equivalent index for Core Central Region (which covers the traditional prime districts, financial district and Sentosa Cove) is still 7.1 per cent below its Q1 2008 high.
Meanwhile, the National University of Singapore's Singapore Residential Price Index (SRPI) flash estimate shows that prices of completed non-landed private homes in Singapore's Central region (postal districts 1-4 and 9-11) appreciated 7.8 per cent last year, while the sub-index for the Non-Central region rose 15 per cent. As a result, the overall SRPI increased 11.9 per cent in 2010. In 2009, the three indices posted respective gains of 27.3 per cent, 19.5 per cent and 22.2 per cent.
URA's data showed that 10,399 private homes were completed last year - close to the 10,488 units in 2009 and 10,122 units in 2008. The overall private residential rental index rose 17.9 per cent last year, a sharp reversal from the 14.6 per cent slide in 2009.
Savills Singapore director for residential leasing Patrick Lai said that overall residential rents may increase a further 5 per cent in 2011. 'We believe that the rental rates for super high-end condominiums and GCBs will remain robust and are likely to increase by 6-10 per cent as more top executives relocate to Singapore.
'For example, we have just leased out a 2,852 square foot unit at The Orchard Residences for $20,000 per month. We also recently handled the leasing of a GCB in the Peirce Villas/Swettenham Road neighbourhood for $40,000-45,000 per month.'

kingkong1984
29-01-11, 19:36
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=133178&postcount=2

I help him abit. See too much blood already....
:tongue3:

august
29-01-11, 19:37

i highly doubt 7mil will happen
it took 10 yrs to add 1mil - from 4mil in 2001 to 5mil in 2010.
to add another 1 mil by 2020 is already unlikely as the growth will slow down quite naturally due to both infrastructural and political considerations...

stalingrad
29-01-11, 19:49
http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=133178&postcount=2

I help him abit. See too much blood already....
:tongue3:

thank you, bro. Indeed, I have seen enough blood today.

it doesn't surprise one bit that as a bearer of bad tidings for these CCR owners, I often get attacked viciously. they are getting desperate. it is no fun to lose money.

DaytonaSS
29-01-11, 19:50
There u go!! Found it. CCR n OCR supply in the pipeline.

8,430 new private homes set to be completed in 2011
URA data also shows nearly half of them will be in the core central region

By UMA SHANKARI
CLOSE to half of the estimated 8,430 new private homes that are slated to be completed in 2011 will be in the upmarket core central region, according to fresh data released by the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) yesterday.
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/mnt/media/image/launched/2011-01-29/umsupply.jpg (http://forums.condosingapore.com/)
The government agency has also bumped up its estimate for the projected supply of private homes due to be completed this year by 25 per cent from three months ago. In October 2010, URA estimated that 6,766 new private homes will be completed in 2011.
Sources told BT that URA has been surveying developers more closely over the last few months in a bid to compile more accurate pipeline supply figures. The agency computes the estimated supply of private housing units in the pipeline through a quarterly survey of developers.
In response to a query from BT, URA said it will continue to work closely with developers to ensure that they submit up-to-date estimations of the expected completion dates of their projects.
'URA's survey of the developers' completion (for 2011) is only starting to increase. The increase from Q3 2010's forecast for 2011 completions to Q4 2010's forecast is a significant 25 per cent. Over the next few quarters, we expect to see further upward revisions,' said Ku Swee Yong, chief executive of real estate firm International Property Advisor.
Looking at the latest completion estimates, analysts once again warned that home-buyers need to brace themselves for a very large supply of private residential units due to be completed each year from 2011 to 2015.
URA currently estimates that 8,116 units will be completed in 2012; 17,111 units in 2013; 17,421 units in 2014; and 13,453 units in 2015.
In fact, 2010's number of newly completed private homes, which stands at around 10,400 units, is already higher than the historical average annual increase in housing supply of around 6,400 private units over the last decade, Mr Ku pointed out. For 2011, a total of 3,874 homes will be added to the housing supply in the core central region, which includes the prime districts 9, 10 and 11, Marina Bay and Sentosa Cove. This will make up 46 per cent of the islandwide housing supply of 8,430 new private homes.
Another 2,265 private homes will be completed in the rest of central region, while in the outside central region, 2,291 units will be completed this year.
URA also said that as at the end of Q4 2010, there was a total supply of 65,699 uncompleted units of private housing from projects in the pipeline. Of these, 32,776 units were still unsold.

DaytonaSS
29-01-11, 19:58
thank you, bro. Indeed, I have seen enough blood today.

it doesn't surprise one bit that as a bearer of bad tidings for these CCR owners, I often get attacked viciously. they are getting desperate. it is no fun to lose money.

Stag, u got to improve your sharing quality. dont stop after reading the first line.

26k units in OCR vs 20k units in CCR vs 18k in RCR. We dont att you, just find your sharing needs to accurate n not based on personal feelings! Huat ah 2011

Antione
29-01-11, 20:18
i highly doubt 7mil will happen
it took 10 yrs to add 1mil - from 4mil in 2001 to 5mil in 2010.
to add another 1 mil by 2020 is already unlikely as the growth will slow down quite naturally due to both infrastructural and political considerations...

Singapore has no natural resources except human. With our people already highly educated, GDP growth by educating and increasing efficiency of our people has reached its limit. Further GDP growth has to come from immigrant, the educated one. Our 1.16 futility rate certainly doesn't help.
Govt is bend to maintain long-term GDP growth of 3%, to pay for their bonus. This is how their bonus is justified. Hence, policy to continuously increase population is imminent. 2 to 3% increase per year will be norm. And there is no end to it until we hit saturation point. With the plan to increase MRT line to double by 2040, you can expect population could be doubled as well. 12mil at least, 15mil still highly possible. But when will Singapore saturate. Maybe when it reach Centurian in 2065.

stalingrad
30-01-11, 08:02
Stag, u got to improve your sharing quality. dont stop after reading the first line.

26k units in OCR vs 20k units in CCR vs 18k in RCR. We dont att you, just find your sharing needs to accurate n not based on personal feelings! Huat ah 2011

the point remains the same. CCR properties are dead meat. supply is high but demand is low. so people like teddy will wait a long time before they can make money on their investments, if they don't lose their shirts.

teddybear
30-01-11, 08:26
Don't need to talk so much, wait for another 5 years and a total of close to 100k OCR new private properties would have TOP and underdevelopment (courtesy of govt's massive OCR land sale program currently in progress). Put in perspective, that is more than 50% of existing resale OCR private properties in Singapore. By then, let's see whether your OCR properties still can maintain current value.
Who will believe what you said since you have zero credibility and had been caught many times to be lying and spreading false data & info? :rolleyes:

the point remains the same. CCR properties are dead meat. supply is high but demand is low. so people like teddy will wait a long time before they can make money on their investments, if they don't lose their shirts.

westman
30-01-11, 08:48
But when will Singapore saturate. Maybe when it reach Centurian in 2065.

Alpha Centauri??? That is 4 light years away from earth!
Maybe Sid Meyer can helps Singapore to speed up the process.....:D :D :D

Regulators
30-01-11, 08:49
Teddy, be a good dog and stop barking at people, I left your bone in the dish, go and eat it. Woof woof...

teddybear
30-01-11, 09:11
Why you such a busybody dog? Keep following me around? I have no bone for you. Go look for your master for food & the bitch you has been lusting for! If your master cannot handle you to reign you in & Harass me some more I will give you a kick in the nose! :tongue3:

Teddy, be a good dog and stop barking at people, I left your bone in the dish, go and eat it. Woof woof...

stalingrad
30-01-11, 09:21
Don't need to talk so much, wait for another 5 years and a total of close to 100k OCR new private properties would have TOP and underdevelopment (courtesy of govt's massive OCR land sale program currently in progress). Put in perspective, that is more than 50% of existing resale OCR private properties in Singapore. By then, let's see whether your OCR properties still can maintain current value.
Who will believe what you said since you have zero credibility and had been caught many times to be lying and spreading false data & info? :rolleyes:

teddy, please lump RCR properties with OCR properties. when we talk about CCR properties we actually mean both CCR and RCR properties. Both CCR and RCR properties are dead meat. both markets feature high supply (70% of the supply) and low demand (probably 30% of the demand).

OCR properties are the safest. good demand and good supply.

Antione
30-01-11, 09:28
Alpha Centauri??? That is 4 light years away from earth!
Maybe Sid Meyer can helps Singapore to speed up the process.....:D :D :D

okay...lah...wrong spelling...Centenarian.

But what I say is not without truth. You look at the policies, hear the politician speeches and see the urban planning. This is exactly where we are heading. And you know true blue Singaporean are not self-replacing at all. We will not extinct but percentage will certainly drop when the population continue to increase. One day there will be a non-Chinese PM, or a gay MP.

Social fabric will definitely change, good or bad, is really hard to say. We can only rely on past history in other countries as guidance.

As for individual, get prepared.

More houses built is not bring down price, but to better prepare this time round to cater to the planned population increase.

DaytonaSS
30-01-11, 09:31
The annual growth of our population from Foreigners seems to be ard 50-70k per year. Except for 07 to 08 got 130k n 200k increment. Assuming we maintain 50k influx, the avg of 14k housing annually should be readily absorbed.

There should be demand for OCR n CCR housing based for different market segment in my view. As opposed to stag n Teddy's view, that each other's region will "cui" . There should be a slow growth in prices since prices n already ran up so much as in my earlier posting from BT.

OCR/RCR/CCR all commands difference rent scale and caters to different market seg. For example i know some ang mo expats from my wife coy are given 6k housing allowance, n they rented RCR region. The 2 ang mo wont rent OCR for 3k n spend 30min to take train to CBD. Anyway ah gong paying ma.

The big supply of new housing coming up, do bros here feel buying old old developments will lose out int the rental market? Will they prefer new to old?

teddybear
30-01-11, 09:31
Yes, you are right,

teddy, please lump RCR properties with OCR properties. when we talk about CCR properties we actually mean both CCR and RCR properties. Both CCR and RCR properties are dead meat. both markets feature high supply (70% of the supply) and low demand (probably 30% of the demand).

Regulators
30-01-11, 09:39
can we all take turns to feed this dog. I have run out of bones and dog chum to give teddy. He also needs a mate coz he is in heat:D

teddybear
30-01-11, 09:51
Shooo, shoo, go away doggie...go n find your mate.. Don't disturb here...else, I chop off your little birdie so that u will not have urge.n so desparete now...:D

can we all take turns to feed this dog. I have run out of bones and dog chum to give teddy. He also needs a mate coz he is in heat:D

westman
30-01-11, 10:28
okay...lah...wrong spelling...Centenarian.

But what I say is not without truth. You look at the policies, hear the politician speeches and see the urban planning. This is exactly where we are heading. And you know true blue Singaporean are not self-replacing at all. We will not extinct but percentage will certainly drop when the population continue to increase. One day there will be a non-Chinese PM, or a gay MP.

Social fabric will definitely change, good or bad, is really hard to say. We can only rely on past history in other countries as guidance.

As for individual, get prepared.

More houses built is not bring down price, but to better prepare this time round to cater to the planned population increase.

Fair enough. Nothing is constant, changing is constant.:2cents:

patricia
30-01-11, 10:46
Why you become a 1-liner garbage generator like your good associate Patricia? Patricia your teacher? :tongue3:There is no need to discuss with the no-parent-taught people. Just tell him off with simple statement.:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

teddybear
30-01-11, 11:14
See who is the real no-parent-taught person!:tongue3:

http://forums.condosingapore.com/showpost.php?p=132524&postcount=1242

There is no need to discuss with the no-parent-taught people. Just tell him off with simple statement.:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Regulators
30-01-11, 11:25
Just give that dog a bone and some chum and he will agree with you.

teddybear
30-01-11, 11:33
There is no need to discuss with the no-parent-taught people. Just tell him off with simple statement.:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

I agree! :p

Just give that dog a bone and some chum and he will agree with you.

Regulators
30-01-11, 11:33
I correct your statement, he is a no-parent-taught mongrel

patricia
30-01-11, 12:20

I agree! :pWow!!! You agree that you are a no-parent-taught person!!! I think you have just come out from the IMH, right? And you don't need to point your finger at other people, it's you la.:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Teddybear is stuffed with nonsense!!!:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

Regulators
30-01-11, 12:39
Wow, indeed teddy has agreed that he has no one to teach him. We should just send him to a dog training school :doh:

DaytonaSS
30-01-11, 15:35
So any firesale yet? I thought a lot of units on firesale?

CCR
30-01-11, 16:09
Wait long long ah.....

teddybear
30-01-11, 17:00
I also thought so, but end still waiting long long. Sigh! :banghead:

So any firesale yet? I thought a lot of units on firesale?

teddybear
30-01-11, 17:02
Wah, you are improving right? At least 1-liner now becomes 2-liners. But still cannot debate on actual issue, use more brain to improve better than these 2-liners. :cheers1:

Wow!!! You agree that you are a no-parent-taught person!!! I think you have just come out from the IMH, right? And you don't need to point your finger at other people, it's you la.:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3: Teddybear is stuffed with nonsense!!!:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

teddybear
30-01-11, 17:04
Yap, no one taught me to invest and to predict market situation more accurately. These type of thing you won't learn from school! If can learn from school everybody also rich men and rich women liao! Obviously if human cannot learn, how can a doggie learn? :tongue3:

Wow, indeed teddy has agreed that he has no one to teach him. We should just send him to a dog training school :doh:

Regulators
30-01-11, 19:09
So you admit you can't learn, so how? We should start calling you teddy the stupid doggie.
Yap, no one taught me to invest and to predict market situation more accurately. These type of thing you won't learn from school! If can learn from school everybody also rich men and rich women liao! Obviously if human cannot learn, how can a doggie learn? :tongue3:
:D

amk
30-01-11, 19:21
Guys (and ladies), u dun have to agree with the opinions posted, but please be civil and refrain from using that kind of language ok ?

Just post ur analysis to support ur view. We can all learn from each other.

Cheers.

mantrix
30-01-11, 20:40
So it appears I did start another debate against my wishes (though no surprise there)

Chill guys, our assets will all vaporize in 2012 when the asteroid destroys the earth (and our properties) according to the Mayans.

Then at that time it's firesales for the aliens liao...

nobrainer32007
30-01-11, 21:47
The level of maturity in this forum or at least this thread is rather low. Kind of frustrating and distracting when one is looking for different point of views. A lot has plenty of self and vested interest and rather narrow point of views. Hey, i made money from both ccr and ocr. It is about picking up undervalued assets at the right time.

But i must say such spats and nonsense do make entertaining reads and the forum more dynamic. Especially when i know they come from got-parents-taught uncles aunties fahers and mothers with kids.

Gong xi fa chai! Huatx8!!!!!

Guys (and ladies), u dun have to agree with the opinions posted, but please be civil and refrain from using that kind of language ok ?

Just post ur analysis to support ur view. We can all learn from each other.

Cheers.

Regulators
30-01-11, 22:04
i am all for ccr, rcr and ocr, but some mongrel in this thread is always trying to talk down ocr and trying to get people to accept his views.

The level of maturity in this forum or at least this thread is rather low. Kind of frustrating and distracting when one is looking for different point of views. A lot has plenty of self and vested interest and rather narrow point of views. Hey, i made money from both ccr and ocr. It is about picking up undervalued assets at the right time.

But i must say such spats and nonsense do make entertaining reads and the forum more dynamic. Especially when i know they come from got-parents-taught uncles aunties fahers and mothers with kids.

teddybear
30-01-11, 22:20
There are many supporters of OCRs.
I am one of the very few providing a differing view point by strongly supporting CCRs. Not sure why some of these few OCR supporters so worked up? Everybody entitled to differing view point right? Most important is to state their view point but supported with real facts and convincing conclusions (not lies, even false info and data)! :doh:
WorsT are those just interested in persistent personal attacks with 1-liners or 2-liners which has nothing to do with OCR and CCR! :banghead:

Regulators
31-01-11, 10:59
everyone knows you are a mongrel that goes around talking down OCR properties to make your own properties in CCR look good, don't try to act dignified or righteous lah...:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

There are many supporters of OCRs.
I am one of the very few providing a differing view point by strongly supporting CCRs. Not sure why some of these few OCR supporters so worked up? Everybody entitled to differing view point right? Most important is to state their view point but supported with real facts and convincing conclusions (not lies, even false info and data)! :doh:
WorsT are those just interested in persistent personal attacks with 1-liners or 2-liners which has nothing to do with OCR and CCR! :banghead:

DaytonaSS
31-01-11, 12:45
Talk to property agent yest! He tell me mass mkt activities "cui". A lot of HDB ungrader tio affected. Some more MBT contradicting news on sunday as pple to hold their horses.

teddybear
31-01-11, 12:56
This is not something that is new isn't it? Every time LTV has been dropped, mass market properties sales dropped immediately. Price probably drop more slowly except that with MBT asking people not to buy now as can get better price later means :doh:! Singaporeans hor, especially the middle-incomes always listen to the Govt. Govt says wait can get cheaper, you think they will cheong in now? :p

Talk to property agent yest! He tell me mass mkt activities "cui". A lot of HDB ungrader tio affected. Some more MBT contradicting news on sunday as pple to hold their horses.

teddybear
31-01-11, 13:00
Are you you talking about yourself and the forum thread "Regent Heights quite impressive" you started to sing-song about how good your own condo Regent Heights is with the aim of smoking others into buying? Forumers better be careful! Look at his earlier comments and other forumers' comments about how bad Regent Heights is first! :doh:

everyone knows you are a mongrel that goes around talking down OCR properties to make your own properties in CCR look good, don't try to act dignified or righteous lah...:tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

kingkong1984
31-01-11, 13:02
Yes, either affected by ltv or holding on to their HDB dearly. Waiting till after elections......
守株待兔

。吱吱喳喳

proud owner
31-01-11, 13:03

CUI = break into pieces ?

Douk
31-01-11, 13:19

i think is cui1 = blow.

Regulators
31-01-11, 13:32
tiam tiam lah, crazy mongrel barking here and there. i was sharing about my investment perspective in Regent Heights and I action out, unlike some people who is only a NATO (all talk no action). As I was saying in my other thread that people's perspective of things do change, hence my decision to buy RH for investment. I bought my unit at below market value and have good rental yield to back up my investment which is a perfectly sound investment strategy. You are bringing it out my earlier obsolete comments about RH out of context here and try to poison people's minds. You may be older than a lot of us here, but your level of maturity is evident in all your postings. KNN always try to act dignified and righteous but everyone now knows you are just a mongrel.

Are you you talking about yourself and the forum thread "Regent Heights quite impressive" you started to sing-song about how good your own condo Regent Heights is with the aim of smoking others into buying? Forumers better be careful! Look at his earlier comments and other forumers' comments about how bad Regent Heights is first! :doh:

stalingrad
31-01-11, 13:35

cui as in "lou cui" which means losers.

august
31-01-11, 13:43
i think is cui1 = blow.

this word 脆

thomastansb
31-01-11, 13:43
Hello everybody, nothing to argue about. This year is good for CCR, RCR and OCR. Why?

Rental at all time high and is not giving way. It is still going up as we type. So we should all be happy :):):)

Regardless CCR, RCR or whatever R, would you sell below target price if you are having 5 to 6% yield? You probably hold and take it as cash cow. I dare to say even those who bought H1 last year, most are getting 4.5% yield. Unless you bought MBR stack 1/10 then maybe 3% yield. But 3% is something you expect isn't it? You know stack 1/10 MBR is not giving you fantastic rental.

teddybear
31-01-11, 17:59
Another of those baseless personal attack? Never mind, I will only focus on issue on debate.
Your comments obsolete? Never mind too. But the facts you raised and other forumers who agree with and pointed out some other problems with Regent Heights cannot be obsolete right? How can facts become obsolete even if your comments become obsolete? Just because now you have different opinion and think Regent Heights now super good doesn't means all the previous facts about how bad Regent Heights are suddenly all disappeared into the air and have transformed to become good overnight? :doh:
Pls look at the facts again, those facts are true in Apr 2010. Is it still true now?

tiam tiam lah, crazy mongrel barking here and there. i was sharing about my investment perspective in Regent Heights and I action out, unlike some people who is only a NATO (all talk no action). As I was saying in my other thread that people's perspective of things do change, hence my decision to buy RH for investment. I bought my unit at below market value and have good rental yield to back up my investment which is a perfectly sound investment strategy. You are bringing it out my earlier obsolete comments about RH out of context here and try to poison people's minds. You may be older than a lot of us here, but your level of maturity is evident in all your postings. KNN always try to act dignified and righteous but everyone now knows you are just a mongrel.

You sure Regent Heights is best value for money? What about not best value for time since need to walk 15-20mins to Bukit Batok MRT station?
You can see this thread for more details on the cons (mostly): http://forums.condosingapore.com/showthread.php?t=9204

Below is the comments from a fellow forumer:

Be extremely careful about buying Regent Heights. My friend just sold her regent heights 3 bedder and she had been living there for 10 years. The following are the list of problems:

1) the workmanship for the project is poor and she said that partition between certain walls are partition board and not even concrete.
2) the central heater is hidden and unreachable without hacking, a rather strange feature i thought (u need to confirm that)
3) The surrounding area is very poorly maintained and the lifts at the multi-storey carpark have been vandalised without being repaired for some time
4) Too many strange people walking in and out of the condo and you won't feel like you are living in a Singapore property
5) Go to every lift lobby and see the number of bicycles parked there and you will think twice about living there. The bicycles are messily strewn all over the place and many are rusty bicycles. We are not talking about a few bicycles here and there, we are talking about 30-40 bicycles at the lobbies, making the entire place look so cheapskate coz you see parapoondeks and mainlanders paddling to and from work everyday in their rusty 2 wheelers.
6) The last time I went there, the trees in the projects were not well-maintained as well. Sometimes dead leaves everywhere and not swept by the management.

My conclusion for this project....:doh: :doh: :doh:

I think The Jade is a better choice since 50m from Bukit Batok MRT station, just beside West Mall and NTUC Fairprice, etc, and near bus interchange for direct bus to many places if don't want to take MRT.

Regulators
31-01-11, 18:48
Crazy mongrel, still barking here and there, you got nothing better to do is it? Facts mentioned last time doesn't mean they are facts forever, some facts permanent sime facts change over time. When I mentioned that the condo wasnt well maintained, I got good news that they are going to maintain the condo soon. With regard to the bicycles , management can get it removed anytime so what is the issue. When I mentioned that funny people could be seen around the condo, I was referring to the dif tenants seen in the condo, which is good news for me coz I am buying for rental, so I don't see what the issue is. An idiot like you don't seem to get the point that things do change and the only constant is change. If you get stuck to your old ways of thinking all the time, you will always be living in the past. From your posts, you have shown everyone here that you are a very backward looking and very much what people call a one track mind. the rate you are barking everywhere in this forum, the only fact that remains is that you are a mongrel with multiple screws loose
Another of those baseless personal attack? Never mind, I will only focus on issue on debate.
Your comments obsolete? Never mind too. But the facts you raised and other forumers who agree with and pointed out some other problems with Regent Heights cannot be obsolete right? How can facts become obsolete even if your comments become obsolete? Just because now you have different opinion and think Regent Heights now super good doesn't means all the previous facts about how bad Regent Heights are suddenly all disappeared into the air and have transformed to become good overnight? :doh:
Pls look at the facts again, those facts are true in Apr 2010. Is it still true now?

sh
31-01-11, 18:58
yawn....:sleep:

DaytonaSS
31-01-11, 20:45

YES CUI = break into pieces.

CUI CUI = break into many pieces, near to "powder" form state.

teddybear
31-01-11, 21:25
Ai yoh you don't know I am very free is it? *I have a lot of time to think and analyze & that is why when I make a prediction, it is after long & careful thoughts, otherwise how to get my predictions right so far? *Below is a summary of cons of Regent Heights - many of these cons are facts which cannot change, like no amenities, 20 mins walk to MRT station, or will not change overnight, like many Indians, phillipinos over there :

Some issues...next to mosque, OK if you need to pray there. Traffic jams heading towards PIE. FEO was developer, some people dun like them, quality of finish issues.99 years lease.

Once a week, on Fridays during lunchtime, traffic becomes chaotic, plus the whole month of Ramadan.*
Actually, got a lot of bargains in Hillview, mostly older developments, closer to Mindef. *

$700+K can get 3+1, but not near MRT, need to take shuttle bus service.*
Regent Height about 15-20 mins walk to MRT, need to clear a gentle slope, which is OK on a cool day, but SIONG on a hot day(recently a lot of hot days).
Around Glendale(near MINDEF), got a few older condos, can walk to future MRT near Dairy Farm, like Hillview Park, Hillview Heights, a few yrs ago I saw a few units in these 2 condos going very cheaply, less than $600 psf, I dunno what is the price now, but can try to look out, cos condos are old, and cannot ask for premium.

Wah, I did not expect run-down condos like Hillview Park and Hillview Heights to now ask for so much. I would give them a miss, too.
Walking from Regent Heights to MRT, I think 20 mins, unless forced march, but you will perspire like crazy upon arrival, only to find peak hour trains impossible to baord towards Jurong East, my record was 3 trains before I could squeeze up and it was body to body contact all the way to Jurong East, nice if it is a chio bu with nice perfume, terrible if you are up against somebody with BO.*

Seen Regent Heights and Palm Garden yesterday. Outlook wise, prefer PG. But in term of floor layout, still prefer RH. Seems like PG has more local le, coz when we were there in RH there's a lot of Filipinos hanging around BBQing. But for PG, more locals bringing their kids for a swim and old folks hanging around the pool. So now is whether to settle for a good layout or good surroundings??:doh:

Be extremely careful about buying Regent Heights. My friend just sold her regent heights 3 bedder and she had been living there for 10 years. The following are the list of problems:
1) the workmanship for the project is poor and she said that partition between certain walls are partition board and not even concrete.
2) the central heater is hidden and unreachable without hacking, a rather strange feature i thought (u need to confirm that)
3) The surrounding area is very poorly maintained and the lifts at the multi-storey carpark have been vandalised without being repaired for some time
4) Too many strange people walking in and out of the condo and you won't feel like you are living in a Singapore property
5) Go to every lift lobby and see the number of bicycles parked there and you will think twice about living there. The bicycles are messily strewn all over the place and many are rusty bicycles. We are not talking about a few bicycles here and there, we are talking about 30-40 bicycles at the lobbies, making the entire place look so cheapskate coz you see parapoondeks and mainlanders paddling to and from work everyday in their rusty 2 wheelers.
6) The last time I went there, the trees in the projects were not well-maintained as well. Sometimes dead leaves everywhere and not swept by the management.*

Cant agree more. Went to view RH a week ago. The facilities are really bad for a condo of only 10 yrs... the 1st thing that hit me was the carpark and lift. wah, make me think this is a 15 yrs hdb! The corridors are dark and narrow.**
the spaciousness of the units are undoubtly RH's greatest draw. unbelievable size of hall, rooms etc. But........ the units i saw are all quite badly maintained.. probably contributed by poor workmanship of dev. **
I fail to see much amenities around RH.*For asking price above 650 psf, i think this looks a risky buy in all aspects...

We have serious concerns with the RH development as a whole so we didnt consider. *The single entrance, car park, lifts, lots of people walking around the estate, lots of non-chinese folks, beside a mosque (traffic + noise issues) turn me off. *.

Manage to find this article, interesting read:
http://lushhomemedia.com/2010/12/05/regent-heights-unit-in-district-23-sells-for-729-psf/
Regent Heights unit in District 23 sells for $729 psf

Posted by luxuryasiahome (http://lushhomemedia.com/author/luxuryasiahome/) on December 5, 2010 ·

Soaring above the Hillview and Bukit Batok estates in District 23, Regent Heights is one of the tallest condominium projects in the area. The 11-year-old development by Bukit Landmark Properties, a unit of Far East Organization, recently saw significant interest from HDB upgraders. (actually is 16 years old based on start of 99 years lease, not 11)
“The price in the area is still very affordable,” says DTZ realtor Eric Kang, who was negotiating deals for a couple of units in the 645-unit project last week. Dennis Wee Properties’ John Wong, a marketing agent who specialises in properties in western Singapore, agrees that the price is Regent Heights’ main selling point, noting that new launches are typically priced at more than $1,000 psf.
Wong, currently the agent for a three-bedroom ground-floor unit in the development, says interest in housing there typically comes from foreigners who work at the nearby International Business Park. “Many are Indian Permanent Residents [PRs] who first rent and then buy.” Wong adds that they are generally attracted by the growing Indian PR community and available amenities in the neighbourhood.
Kang says the condo facilities are “pretty good”.

Crazy mongrel, still barking here and there, you got nothing better to do is it? Facts mentioned last time doesn't mean they are facts forever, some facts permanent sime facts change over time. When I mentioned that the condo wasnt well maintained, I got good news that they are going to maintain the condo soon. With regard to the bicycles , management can get it removed anytime so what is the issue. When I mentioned that funny people could be seen around the condo, I was referring to the dif tenants seen in the condo, which is good news for me coz I am buying for rental, so I don't see what the issue is. An idiot like you don't seem to get the point that things do change and the only constant is change. If you get stuck to your old ways of thinking all the time, you will always be living in the past. From your posts, you have shown everyone here that you are a very backward looking and very much what people call a one track mind. the rate you are barking everywhere in this forum, the only fact that remains is that you are a mongrel with multiple screws loose

kingkong1984
31-01-11, 21:36
Ok, put a stop to the dog fight. RH is not a good buy unless 100k below valuation with good facing on high floors. CCR is always a prized collection. The cream of the crop. Both can make the same ROI, so let's chill out.
:cool:

CCR
31-01-11, 23:14
So guys, is MBT contradicting himself? He said wait for price to fall while later in the paragraph he say the measures meant to stabilize prices not to reduce it and hope for a gradual increase...

Regulators
31-01-11, 23:23
seow kow barking here and there as usual. nobody cares about your predictions lah, coz you talk nonsense most of the time. All condos sure got filipinas unless the govt chase maids back to their country, you don't know got filipino maid in singapore meh? all condos also sure have indian expats, coz many indian emigrants and immigrants in singapore mah, india 2nd largest population in the world you don't know meh? RH 20 min walk to MRT, you using walking stick is it? Oh I almost forgot you are already one foot in the grave, even walking to the swimming pool from your unit i think is far to you.

Ai yoh you don't know I am very free is it? *I have a lot of time to think and analyze & that is why when I make a prediction, it is after long & careful thoughts, otherwise how to get my predictions right so far? *Below is a summary of cons of Regent Heights - many of these cons are facts which cannot change, like no amenities, 20 mins walk to MRT station, or will not change overnight, like many Indians, phillipinos over there :

teddybear
01-02-11, 06:55
Any condo also have philipino female maids, but your Regent Heights have "philipino male maids" that are free to walk in and out as though they are care-free residents and owners? :scared-1:

Almost every condos also have Indians, but Regent Heights have many more Indians than Chinese despite Singapore's Chinese population being about 75% in Singapore and Indian only about 10%. This is too much way out of the norm in Singapore for just within RH isn't it? :beats-me-man:

Regent Heights is about 20 mins walking distance from MRT since the footpath distance is about >1.2 km (as you can't walk in a straight line across buildings etc). I am old and hence I need to walk 1 round of Botanic Garden to exercise every morning to keep healthy. Hope everybody can do much better than me. :cheers1:

seow kow barking here and there as usual. nobody cares about your predictions lah, coz you talk nonsense most of the time. All condos sure got filipinas unless the govt chase maids back to their country, you don't know got filipino maid in singapore meh? all condos also sure have indian expats, coz many indian emigrants and immigrants in singapore mah, india 2nd largest population in the world you don't know meh? RH 20 min walk to MRT, you using walking stick is it? Oh I almost forgot you are already one foot in the grave, even walking to the swimming pool from your unit i think is far to you.

francophile
01-02-11, 08:48
Like most forummers,I have been following the CCR/OCR debate with detached amusement and like most people here feel that both areas have their merits.However,I feel compelled to post now because teddy's post is horribly racist.Does he have any clue about the no. of Indians in Regency Park or indeed many of the condos on River Valley road?What is the point of living in the poshest part of town if your exposure is so limited?

Regulators
01-02-11, 09:20
This mongrel is the most crass person you can get in this forum.
Like most forummers,I have been following the CCR/OCR debate with detached amusement and like most people here feel that both areas have their merits.However,I feel compelled to post now because teddy's post is horribly racist.Does he have any clue about the no. of Indians in Regency Park or indeed many of the condos on River Valley road?What is the point of living in the poshest part of town if your exposure is so limited?

thomastansb
01-02-11, 09:21
I don't know what they talking also. 4 to 5% yield is what I look for.

teddybear
01-02-11, 09:23
Correction!. You traced back the RH thread and you will find that I was not the one who raise the race concern about RH, Regulator did but I just pointed out what he had raised previously.:rolleyes:

teddybear
01-02-11, 09:25
4.5 to 5% is good if it is Freehold but now for the leasehold:tsk-tsk: because you have to consider the LH depreciation...

I don't know what they talking also. 4 to 5% yield is what I look for.

stalingrad
01-02-11, 09:25

yes, he is a racist and makes racist remarks all the time. But we are used to his antics.

stalingrad
01-02-11, 09:26
This mongrel is the most crass person you can get in this forum.

the crassest on this planet probably.

teddybear
01-02-11, 09:27
Who is going to believe u if you don't have any credential:p

yes, he is a racist and makes racist remarks all the time. But we are used to his antics.

teddybear
01-02-11, 09:29
You traced back your own posting to see for youself or you prefer me to post here for all forumers to see who is the
the crassest on this planet :p OK.. Let me find time ..

the crassest on this planet probably.

stalingrad
01-02-11, 09:31
You traced back your own posting to see for youself or you prefer me to post here for all forumers to see who is the
the crassest on this planet :p OK.. Let me find time ..

Now we know what kind of people live in CCR? nouveau riche.

Regulators
01-02-11, 09:32
Wah, even the govt don't know the demographics of the people living living in Regent Heights, how do you know? You went door to door in the 3 towers to interview every household? Mongrel, stop barking nonsense early in the morning lah, no solid facts luan luan kong. I think the 20 min walking distance only applies to you coz you walk like liang po po. 8 min is max what I took to walk to mrt.
Any condo also have philipino female maids, but your Regent Heights have "philipino male maids" that are free to walk in and out as though they are care-free residents and owners? :scared-1:

Almost every condos also have Indians, but Regent Heights have many more Indians than Chinese despite Singapore's Chinese population being about 75% in Singapore and Indian only about 10%. This is too much way out of the norm in Singapore for just within RH isn't it? :beats-me-man:

Regent Heights is about 20 mins walking distance from MRT since the footpath distance is about >1.2 km (as you can't walk in a straight line across buildings etc). I am old and hence I need to walk 1 round of Botanic Garden to exercise every morning to keep healthy. Hope everybody can do much better than me. :cheers1:

Regulators
01-02-11, 09:40
Lol people call you a racist from your post and you point your finger at others, it is like you get caught by police for jaywalking and you tell the cop that others also jaywalk. Are you getting old and senile?
Correction!. You traced back the RH thread and you will find that I was not the one who raise the race concern about RH, Regulator did but I just pointed out what he had raised previously.:rolleyes:

eng81157
01-02-11, 09:41
chill dudes, CNY is around the corner so let's bury the hatchet.....:cool:

land118
01-02-11, 09:45
Ya, agree. Have some peace, then can Huat!:D

hopeful
01-02-11, 09:46
The issue of racist.

Would I want my children to marry Indians? No. By that definition, I am racist.

I find it odd the Indian marriage system.

Indian parents raised their daughters using own blood and sweat, and yet when daughter marry, the girl's parents still have to give dowry to the groom's family :doh:.
Double loss - not that I intend for marriage to be a commercial transaction.

stalingrad
01-02-11, 09:54
The issue of racist.

Would I want my children to marry Indians? No. By that definition, I am racist.

I find it odd the Indian marriage system.

Indian parents raised their daughters using own blood and sweat, and yet when daughter marry, the girl's parents still have to give dowry to the groom's family :doh:.
Double loss - not that I intend for marriage to be a commercial transaction.
many years ago, immigrants from scotland and english would not let their children marry immigrants from ireland or Italy.

but now the taboos have been broken. inter-marriages across races are the norm in north america. As MM said, singapore is a country in the making.

I have seen a lot of indian girls very very beautiful. I wouldn't mind if my sons marry some.

hopeful
01-02-11, 09:58
Ireland and Italy catholics, Scotland and England protestants.

I agree with Stalingrad.
Sons can marry Indian girls.
Daughters cannot marry Indian boys.

devilplate
01-02-11, 10:02
Ireland and Italy catholics, Scotland and England protestants.

I agree with Stalingrad.
Sons can marry Indian girls.
Daughters cannot marry Indian boys.

cohabit lor:D

teddybear
01-02-11, 10:02
I forgot that you have gotten parkinson's disease. Let me remind you that this is what you have said:

Originally Posted by Regulators
6) The last time I went there, the trees in the projects were not well-maintained as well. Sometimes dead leaves everywhere and not swept by the management.*

Lol people call you a racist from your post and you point your finger at others, it is like you get caught by police for jaywalking and you tell the cop that others also jaywalk. Are you getting old and senile?

Regulators
01-02-11, 10:17
I mentioned that prcs make regent heights look cheapskate, how can that be racist when I am also a chinese? You on the other hand mentioned indians and filipinos a dif race from yours

westman
01-02-11, 10:18
Support neither anyone but caution for racist remarks as we wouldn't know what would happened if some kaypo complaints to authority.

it's CNY thus better eat reunion dinner at home than to eat at some undesirable place because of these racist remarks......

Let do away with personal opinion and from each his best to "huat" together.....;)

teddybear
01-02-11, 10:38
Explain to us which part of my statement below is racist and I can then clarify. I don't find anything racists about mentioning Indians, Philipinos or whatever race. Aren't they generally called "Indians", "Philipinos"?

How about you explain to us what you mean by calling a group of people "entire place look so cheapskate coz you see parapoondeks and mainlanders paddling to and from work everyday in their rusty 2 wheelers"?

Who are "parapoondeks" and why are they considered "cheapskate" together with "mainlanders" & "PRCs"?

You are not racist? But you have looked down on & demeaned people from 1 whole country consisting of 1.3 billion as cheapskate! :doh:

You have also demeaned other group of people whom you called "parapoondeks" in your posting? You care to explain who are they? :banghead:

I mentioned that prcs make regent heights look cheapskate, how can that be racist when I

am also a chinese? You on the other hand mentioned indians and filipinos a dif race from yours

Any condo also have philipino female maids, but your Regent Heights have "philipino male maids" that are free to walk in and out as though they are care-free residents and owners?

Almost every condos also have Indians, but Regent Heights have many more Indians than Chinese despite Singapore's Chinese population being about 75% in Singapore and Indian only about 10%. This is too much way out of the norm in Singapore for just within RH isn't it?

Regent Heights is about 20 mins walking distance from MRT since the footpath distance is about >1.2 km (as you can't walk in a straight line across buildings etc). I am old and hence I need to walk 1 round of Botanic Garden to exercise every morning to keep healthy. Hope everybody can do much better than me.

I mentioned that prcs make regent heights look cheapskate, how can that be racist when I am also a chinese? You on the other hand mentioned indians and filipinos a dif race from yours
I forgot that you have gotten parkinson's disease. Let me remind you that this is what you have said:

teddybear
01-02-11, 10:43
Please clearly highlight below which part of my posting is racists? Please support with evidence and not just making sweeping comments (another 1-liner garbage generator? :doh:)

I remember aren't you the one making some racists comments about Chinese previously?

Regulators
01-02-11, 10:54
You are telling everyone that male filipinos are not allowed to walk around in Regent Heights like carefree residents even thought they are entitled to do so as lawful tenants? You are obviously using your dog eyes to look down on this group of people, if this is not racist, what is? you are also telling us (without basis) that by having a higher percentage of indians in RH compared to the chinese is unacceptable, so if this is not called racist, what is it? Nothing wrong with me voicing out about mainlanders, coz I am also chinese.

DaytonaSS
01-02-11, 11:26
The more u 2 go on... U really have a chance to drink kopi with the police over cyn period.

Y don't we take it easy for now. As a neutral party I think both bros have used too strong words in their passionate sharing. Come on. Buy property is to make $$$$ only , y all get so personal?

He qi seng cai :)

mcmlxxvi
01-02-11, 11:37
I already avoid clicking on this thread as too much noise in here...

teddybear
01-02-11, 11:54
No, that is my question to you (you didn't see the Question Mark "?") when you replied that those Philipinos are just Philipino maids. I am asking that if as you claimed all Philipinos in Regent Heights are maids, why have Philipino male maids "that are free to walk in and out as though they are care-free residents and owners"? :rolleyes:

What is wrong with pointing out that there is much higher percentage of indians in RH compared to the chinese? Why is it unacceptable and racist? Isn't that the truth and I am just quoting from an article that I linked previously in my posting? If this is unacceptable and racist, why not you sue that article's writer first? :tongue3:
Aren't you the one who first brought to everybody's attention about Regent Heights on:

You are saying that if you are a Chinese, there is nothing wrong in saying the below highlighted texts? :

Why you say your fellow "mainlanders" residents in Regent Height are "cheapskate"? If you buy a property there, in your own words, aren't you making yourself "cheapskate" if it is true? (and my question to you is also not considered "racists" based on your definition and I am just referring to you one and only since refer to 1 person how can be this be racist? Furthermore I don't even know your actual race?).

Are you a "parapoodeks"? (- using your term or whatever since I don't understand who are they). Otherwise why you can demean and call them "cheapskate"? Aren't you being "racists" to this group of people in this case?

You are telling everyone that male filipinos are not allowed to walk around in Regent Heights like carefree residents even thought they are entitled to do so as lawful tenants? You are obviously using your dog eyes to look down on this group of people, if this is not racist, what is? you are also telling us (without basis) that by having a higher percentage of indians in RH compared to the chinese is unacceptable, so if this is not called racist, what is it? Nothing wrong with me voicing out about mainlanders, coz I am also chinese.

Regulators
01-02-11, 13:50
mongrel barking away as usual. Think i will just let him be :doh:

Regulators
01-02-11, 13:52
old dogs very hard to change :doh:

proud owner
01-02-11, 13:54
guys ....

CNY coming ....

DJ going up lately ... STI may follow ...

CNY .. new lunar moon ... everything up ...

so all regions all ...

lets all be happy ....

teddybear
01-02-11, 17:11
When you were found to be slandering others/giving baseless accusation/proven to be making racist remark/giving false information etc., you started to spill personal attack n a few liners garbage generator:tongue3:

mongrel barking away as usual. Think i will just let him be :doh:

sh
01-02-11, 19:23
truce....

Peace on earth....

CNY.... All huat ah.....:D

Regulators
01-02-11, 19:51
Everyone knows you are the racist and big liar lah, still want to defend till your last breath:tongue3:
When you were found to be slandering others/giving baseless accusation/proven to be making racist remark/giving false information etc., you started to spill personal attack n a few liners garbage generator:tongue3:

sh
01-02-11, 19:58
Everyone knows you are the racist and big liar lah, still want to defend till your last breath:tongue3:

I think the issue now is that the both of you want the last word... so this thread is going to continue indefinitely.... :doh:

So I'm going to stop looking at this thread.....:(

teddybear
01-02-11, 19:58
I challenge everyone including you to provide facts and evidence for what you have accused me!

What I had said about you so far are still true and already provided evidences and you still can't defense them. All you can do is using personal attack:tongue3:

mantrix
01-02-11, 20:02
Aiyoh teddy - the 2 you argue with the most - regulators and stalingrad - gave their residences / investment props but kena called names and shot down.

You keep talking abt credibility so u should also tell them whr u live mah, else u keep harping on CCR in the end you stay in Bel Air LH 2 BR no credibility.

Show them you also have guts to announce where you stay then you all can argue more fairly what. ;)

I like you but I also have respect for those guys at least they tell people whr they live - at least share one of ur investment properties so we can go goggle-eyed and sa, 'wah teddy stedy sia' ;)

Regulators
01-02-11, 20:49
This kind of crass dog where got credibility one. Accuse me of sending pm to tell people to buy RH when no such thing happened. exposed his lie still ti kee want to argue that he is not lying. This mongrel is also the one naming races other than his own (ie filipino and indians) suggesting there should not be too many of such people in RH, so you tell me this is not racist then what? I only mentioned about mainlanders which is my race so can't be termed racist. I think ball-less mongrels like him won't have the guts to tell people his condo. Thank goodness I didn't tell him my two other condos in CCR and RCR, otherwise he will have more to say.
Aiyoh teddy - the 2 you argue with the most - regulators and stalingrad - gave their residences / investment props but kena called names and shot down.

You keep talking abt credibility so u should also tell them whr u live mah, else u keep harping on CCR in the end you stay in Bel Air LH 2 BR no credibility.

Show them you also have guts to announce where you stay then you all can argue more fairly what. ;)

I like you but I also have respect for those guys at least they tell people whr they live - at least share one of ur investment properties so we can go goggle-eyed and sa, 'wah teddy stedy sia' ;)

teddybear
01-02-11, 21:27
Why are you so interested? Well, I already said some where in Orchard. Other than that, I am not obliged to reveal more as I am a private person. :D
I don't need people to google eyes or sing praises. People who want to look down on me can just imagine I am staying in the worst and cheapest Apt (or even HDB flat if they can dream of realistically) in Orchard if that suits their ego. :p

teddybear
01-02-11, 21:38
I have already proven my case and this is my last posting to you on this topic. Wait till you can explain satisfactory the points I raised otherwise it is clear to all forumers here who are the ones all your insults and personal attacks phrases should be directed to. Are you much difference from that Stalingrad who bought Crabelle and condemn all other West Coast condos nearby?

You? Firstly condemn Regent Heights until so badly in Apr 2010 and then in Dec 2010 you start a new thread to tell the whole world that "Regent Heights quite impressive" and highly recommend to others to buy? :doh:

This kind of crass dog where got credibility one. Accuse me of sending pm to tell people to buy RH when no such thing happened. exposed his lie still ti kee want to argue that he is not lying. This mongrel is also the one naming races other than his own (ie filipino and indians) suggesting there should not be too many of such people in RH, so you tell me this is not racist then what? I only mentioned about mainlanders which is my race so can't be termed racist. I think ball-less mongrels like him won't have the guts to tell people his condo. Thank goodness I didn't tell him my two other condos in CCR and RCR, otherwise he will have more to say.

gfoo
01-02-11, 23:01
perspectives change with the times. in 2007 i said that i didn't like marina bay - i couldn't justify $3000psf for a construction site with 1000s of banglas with infrastructure tenders not yet awarded. in 2009 it dropped to $1000psf and $10b awarded - so no brainer. now it's back up to $3000psf with $45b of tenders awarded and no banglas.

similarly, now i think jurong lake district at $1200psf with only $20m infra devt awarded is dumb esp with the pollution. but if and when all $5b in tenders is awarded, different story. otherwise right now jld is as good as the punggol waterfront pipedream.

perspectives change over time.

teddybear
01-02-11, 23:13
Perspective change only because initial prediction is wrong.
Perspective change and results shown in short period doesn't mean he is correct. Wait 30 years and let's see how good Marina Bay will be. I know you are not happy and coming in to make some insults, never mind. I keep my eyes open wide wide.
:rolleyes:

perspectives change with the times. in 2007 i said that i didn't like marina bay - i couldn't justify $3000psf for a construction site with 1000s of banglas with infrastructure tenders not yet awarded. in 2009 it dropped to $1000psf and $10b awarded - so no brainer. now it's back up to $3000psf with $45b of tenders awarded and no banglas.

similarly, now i think jurong lake district at $1200psf with only $20m infra devt awarded is dumb esp with the pollution. but if and when all $5b in tenders is awarded, different story. otherwise right now jld is as good as the punggol waterfront pipedream.

perspectives change over time.

rattydrama
01-02-11, 23:43
Perspective can change due to new events and new experiences shared by others. It is difficult to measure by time and no one can be 100% right, always.

gfoo
02-02-11, 00:30
Perspective change and results shown in short period doesn't mean he is correct. Wait 30 years and let's see how good Marina Bay will be. I know you are not happy and coming in to make some insults, never mind. I keep my eyes open wide wide.
:rolleyes:

Most of the lau chiaus here know that whether marina bay will rise or fall in value doesn't really matter to me, because I treat property as an expense and not an investment. I'm more concerned about standard and quality of life, and right now marina bay meets those needs perfectly.

You have too much angst in you; too much to prove; too negative and confrontational. Relax, enjoy life - Indonesia already dropped 20m in elevation; floods all across the world; nibiru coming 2012; riots in egypt - 5 years come and go swee swee happy already much less think about 30 years.

stalingrad
02-02-11, 09:08
Are you much difference from that Stalingrad who bought Crabelle and condemn all other West Coast condos nearby?

:doh:
what did I do wrong? so, if I had liked the other projects in D5, shouldn't I have bought one of those instead carabelle? I bought carabelle exactly because many other projects in this area, the parc, the stellar, have problems.

I am not a hypocrite, if that is what you were implying. besides, can you deny that all those D5 projects have the problems that I described?

by the way, I though all teddies are cute and cuddly. Hmmmm, I begin to think otherwise.

patricia
02-02-11, 09:48
:rolleyes:Hopefully you end with eyes open wide wide:eek: :eek:

kingkong1984
02-02-11, 16:03
Wish him luck. Orchard no more flooding.

melodies
02-02-11, 22:53
I have not heard of any residential properties around Orchard being flooded. Have you or anybody know? Those at Paterson Road near Grange Road side & along Grange Road & Cairnhill totally unaffected by Orchard flooding as they can avoid completely the Scotts Road junction that got flooded.

Wish him luck. Orchard no more flooding.