PDA

View Full Version : which landed estate is the best?

wind30
11-12-10, 18:57
I am not talking about super expensive regions but more mass market kind of landed estates.

I really liked Lentor Estate where my inlaws stays. The roads there are wide and there are many parks and playgrounds. I am quite surprised how many playground there are within walking distance, like 6-7 different playgrounds and parks.

I am wondering if this is the norm. Other landed estates in the north like Serangoon gardens, thomson hills are all packed like sardines.

Is there any other estates which is not too crowded and messy?

land118
11-12-10, 20:11
I am not talking about super expensive regions but more mass market kind of landed estates.

I really liked Lentor Estate where my inlaws stays. The roads there are wide and there are many parks and playgrounds. I am quite surprised how many playground there are within walking distance, like 6-7 different playgrounds and parks.

I am wondering if this is the norm. Other landed estates in the north like Serangoon gardens, thomson hills are all packed like sardines.

Is there any other estates which is not too crowded and messy?

R u referring to Countryside area? I know serangoon gardens estate has 5 playground/parks. Doubt there is any guide for many of these landed estates since they are mostly planned by the British or happen to evolve over time

azeoprop
11-12-10, 20:12
How about:
Springleaf
Springside
Mayflower gardens
Ellington/Shangrila

:)

land118
11-12-10, 20:41
And areas like west lake, thomson as well

land118
11-12-10, 20:44
And areas like west lake gardens, thomson as well

wind30
12-12-10, 06:08
Here is the estate plan from masterplan 2008.

http://www.keehian.com/temp/lentor.jpg

top left is lentor. I can count TEN playgrounds nested inside in the small estate. And there are 2 very wide main roads crossing the very small estate. It makes the estate feels uncramped and emty.
Top right is serangoon gardens. The worst. roads cramped. so many units
bottom left is Springside
Bottom right is thomson hill

wind30
12-12-10, 06:15
R u referring to Countryside area? I know serangoon gardens estate has 5 playground/parks. Doubt there is any guide for many of these landed estates since they are mostly planned by the British or happen to evolve over time

no necessary countryside. But lentor area on the whole. I am wondering who decides on the area left for parks/playgrounds? Given to the developer, he would cramped houses into every square inch.

I think lentor is around 20 years old so it is planned by the government? but the newer developments also very cramped.

pupboy
12-12-10, 07:20
How about Seletar Hill Estate ?

wind30
12-12-10, 08:35
seletar hills. Also pretty crowded but they are going to have a shopping center built in greenwich. After looking at so many estates I don't understand why lentor for such a small estate as like 10 playgrounds/parks dotted all over.

http://www.keehian.com/temp/seletar.jpg

Lentor area is also within 1km from YCK MRT like countryside estate or president gardens.

land118
12-12-10, 08:48
seletar hills. Also pretty crowded but they are going to have a shopping center built in greenwich. After looking at so many estates I don't understand why lentor for such a small estate as like 10 playgrounds/parks dotted all over.

Lentor area is also within 1km from YCK MRT like countryside estate or president gardens.

Buying landed to stay depends on individuals. For some, it could be familarity with area, parents staying, amenities, convenience and accessibility to workplace or schools,etc. But if no particular reason, then, open spaces, parks, ease of parking- if have a few cars, even neighbours may play a factor.

Can't say why not buy Place A compared to B when more parks or playgrounds. Of course, if have little kids, parks and playgrounds will be a Plus and Pull factor..

land118
12-12-10, 12:22

Maybe next time, 'garmen' realize too many parks, take back and sell for landed....possible

focus
12-12-10, 14:01
Buy D15/16 area.. the landed are near to amenities and town and airport and all ...

wind30
12-12-10, 14:33
Buy D15/16 area.. the landed are near to amenities and town and airport and all ...

I don't live in the east so not familiar with the area.

But that side is super messy right? Either you have very old run down landed or new super sized landed built right up to your neighbours wall or small condos added huge amounts of traffic into already crowded roads.

wind30
12-12-10, 14:38
Buying landed to stay depends on individuals. For some, it could be familarity with area, parents staying, amenities, convenience and accessibility to workplace or schools,etc. But if no particular reason, then, open spaces, parks, ease of parking- if have a few cars, even neighbours may play a factor.

Can't say why not buy Place A compared to B when more parks or playgrounds. Of course, if have little kids, parks and playgrounds will be a Plus and Pull factor..

Barring personal reasons like relatives, family, etc, what do one look out for landed properties?

For me is
1) location, can I walk to MRT as my girl next time needs to go to school on her own.
2) how is the traffic in the estate? Can you park TWO rows of cars along the road?
3) how crowded is the estate? Full of run down houses or a rojak of newly developed houses built to the max area.
4) Is there enough open spaces so I can jogged or stroll around the estate in the evenings rather than copped up in the house all the time.

Latio
13-12-10, 08:52
Seletar will be out for u since no MRT.

Sounds like KOVAN for u with lots of happening.

But it is so crowded tat u dun feel safe for kids to play outside due to traffic.

For landed my take shd be SERENE and Safe.

:2cents:

:spliff2:

wind30
13-12-10, 14:15
that is why I am surprised at Lentor estate which is 1km from Yio Chu kang MRT.

Small estate with wide roads. neat tidy layout. Lots of parks and playgrounds. Right in AMK with all the hawker centers. walking distance to MRT.

I would never have known about this estate other than because my in laws live there.

Only bad thing I guess is the CTE jams.... but I guess everywhere has its jams. At least CTE is not at your doorstep.

proper-t
13-12-10, 14:41
You should check out around the Frankel/Keris area. Not so congested. Close to Siglap and good food, easy access to beach, expressways and airport.

gn108
13-12-10, 14:55
I am only familar with the East - but Frankel/Greenfield and of course Arthur Road/Meyer is a good established landed housing area.
Siglap/Frankle is not too bad but has mixed Terr/Semi-D and D.

Serangoon Gardens is nice as well.

These are all eg of more 'mortal' price range than those in GCB and the such.

devilplate
13-12-10, 17:55
frankel is very nice!!! thumbs up:D

land118
13-12-10, 18:11
that is why I am surprised at Lentor estate which is 1km from Yio Chu kang MRT.

Small estate with wide roads. neat tidy layout. Lots of parks and playgrounds. Right in AMK with all the hawker centers. walking distance to MRT.

I would never have known about this estate other than because my in laws live there.

Only bad thing I guess is the CTE jams.... but I guess everywhere has its jams. At least CTE is not at your doorstep. Think your mind is quite set on Lentor and you have justified why this is a good area from your perspective. Perhaps, you should start to look around the area and scout for suitable house for your purchase. Am sure, your in-laws would know which neighbours may be possibly be selling. Go for it if price is reasonable.

Best of luck.

wind30
13-12-10, 19:45
You should check out around the Frankel/Keris area. Not so congested. Close to Siglap and good food, easy access to beach, expressways and airport.

just checked out Frankel area on google street view. Looks really nice but mostly detached and semi-Ds. Has everything. Quiet estate, near MRT. Near beach even.

but out of budget as most of them are big landed houses, semiD or detached.

nobrainer32007
13-12-10, 22:02
From the posts i will even hazard a guss that TS has already put down some monies to buy a house in lentor and need assurance and confirmation that it is a good estate.

Ts, just go with your heart. For myself proximity to city center is important so i will choose clover or braddell height or potong pasir.

Next time when i want cheaper and big land i will go lentor yio chu kang etc.

Cheers!

Think your mind is quite set on Lentor and you have justified why this is a good area from your perspective. Perhaps, you should start to look around the area and scout for suitable house for your purchase. Am sure, your in-laws would know which neighbours may be possibly be selling. Go for it if price is reasonable.

Best of luck.

wind30
13-12-10, 22:27
From the posts i will even hazard a guss that TS has already put down some monies to buy a house in lentor and need assurance and confirmation that it is a good estate.

Ts, just go with your heart. For myself proximity to city center is important so i will choose clover or braddell height or potong pasir.

Next time when i want cheaper and big land i will go lentor yio chu kang etc.

Cheers!

Anyway, it is interesting to see how people chooses which estate to get. Certain estates I will never touch like serangoon gardens which is way too congested.

Clover is great actually. I thought the location is excellent so close to Bishan MRT with the circle and north south lines. Not too crowded too.

proud owner
14-12-10, 10:27

Anyway, it is interesting to see how people chooses which estate to get. Certain estates I will never touch like serangoon gardens which is way too congested.

Clover is great actually. I thought the location is excellent so close to Bishan MRT with the circle and north south lines. Not too crowded too.

is it surrounded by high rise ?

proper-t
16-12-10, 09:57
just checked out Frankel area on google street view. Looks really nice but mostly detached and semi-Ds. Has everything. Quiet estate, near MRT. Near beach even.

but out of budget as most of them are big landed houses, semiD or detached.

If you are looking for terrace houses, then you can try the Jalan Keris/Keris drive area which is on the opposite side of frankel. There are also some within the Siglap area (Burnfoot, 2nd ave etc) but I find some of the areas too congested.

If budget is a factor, then can try looking further to D16, Upp east coast and lucky heights area.

whoh757
16-12-10, 21:56
Any comments on West side? apart from bukit timah area.

proud owner
16-12-10, 22:19
If you are looking for terrace houses, then you can try the Jalan Keris/Keris drive area which is on the opposite side of frankel. There are also some within the Siglap area (Burnfoot, 2nd ave etc) but I find some of the areas too congested.

If budget is a factor, then can try looking further to D16, Upp east coast and lucky heights area.

keris is a nice area .. but its insane ...i saw one OLD ORIGINAL asking 1000 psf ...

what is a fair psf for Keris ? and D16 that u mentioned ? for both new and original conditions

proud owner
16-12-10, 22:26
Any comments on West side? apart from bukit timah area.

i actually like the landed estate between Alexander and South buona vista ... there are only a few condos there and are all low rise .. so the landed there wont get the 'look upon' feeling .. also its backed by Kent Ridge park .. and will get the pasir panjang MRT station soon

those landed along PP road ... are very much surrounded by condos now .. and the further in PP road , the longer one needs to travel to get out .. so, not so ideal ..

as for west coast .. worse .. towered by Parc .. etc

Faber is very nice .. exclusive in my opinion .. but one needs a car to live there