View Full Version : 11 YEARS AGO: Nearly bankrupt. NOW: Owns 53 properties

mr funny
08-12-10, 22:37
http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/Story/STIStory_610570.html

Dec 5, 2010

me & my money

11 YEARS AGO: Nearly bankrupt

NOW: Owns 53 properties

Co-founder of training firm is an astute investor in real estate, gold and shares

By Lorna Tan, Senior Correspondent

http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20101205/ST_18422781.jpg
Ms Wendy Kwek, 40, managing director of Executive Directions, with husband Joey Poh, 39, the firm's business development director, and their two pet dogs. The firm has 10 staff and a current yearly turnover of about $7 million. -- ST PHOTO: LENNE CHAI

As part of her work, Ms Wendy Kwek, managing director of training firm Executive Directions, conducts public seminars advising investors on all aspects of property investments.

Ms Kwek, 40, walks the talk by investing in 53 properties in Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia, Britain, Canada and the United States. Some are co-owned with friends.

Out of these, 23 are generating a monthly rental income flow of $45,000. The rest are undergoing construction. Ten of the properties are fully paid up. She also invests in gold and shares.

It is hard to imagine that about 11 years ago, Ms Kwek was close to bankruptcy when she was unable to meet the monthly payments for her total outstanding loans of $600,000.

Back then, she had left Federal Express (FedEx) and was a freelance sales consultant with a training and consultancy firm. She was making good commissions of $250,000 within six months, but was not yet fully paid by the firm when she over-committed herself to a BMW and a condo.

Her financial trouble started when the firm refused to honour half of the commissions, she claimed.

To clear her debts, she sold the car and condo and cut down on her spending.

That was when she decided to be her own boss so as to have full control. In 2000, she set up Executive Directions with business partner Jerome Tan with just $52. That was enough to buy 20 files and a three-line newspaper advertisement to recruit sales people to market seminar events.

The firm made a profit of $50,000 within two months of operation. Now, it has 10 staff, and current yearly turnover is about $7 million.

Besides giving pointers on property investing, the firm offers programmes on stock investing, entrepreneurship and public speaking.

Ms Kwek graduated from the National University of Singapore with a business administration degree in 1992 and worked as a purchaser at Safe Superstore till 1994.

She left to become an executive search consultant at a recruitment firm for a year, before joining FedEx as a regional sales trainer from 1995 to 1999.

She is married to Mr Joey Poh, 39, who is Executive Directions' business development director.

Q Are you a spender or saver?

I used to be a spender when I was in the corporate world, spending more than I earned.

But after starting my own business, I learnt to become more resourceful and financially more disciplined as cash-flow management is crucial in business.

Within two years of starting my business, I began investing 10 per cent of my income, and slowly moved it up to half of my income.

As my business and property portfolios grow, they generate more positive cash flow monthly to take care of my living expenses. I now invest almost 80 per cent of my monthly income.

Q How much do you charge to your credit cards every month?

I charge about $3,000 a month for my personal expenses.

I also charge a lot to my credit cards for business expenses such as the cost of renting seminar venues and hotel function rooms.

I always pay my bills in full as I do not believe in paying 24 per cent interest per annum. I also always get my credit card membership fees waived.

Q What financial planning have you done for yourself?

Besides my investment properties, I have a six-figure sum invested in stocks. They are mainly blue chips such as SPH, SGX, SMRT and Genting. I select stocks based on the firm's fundamentals and track record. Some of the stocks are strictly for dividends and some for capital gains, so I look at the potential projected income that can be paid as dividends or capital gains.

In January this year, I invested in gold bars when gold was trading at US$1,120 per ounce. I am also covered with life insurance and mortgage insurance.

When investing in properties, it is important to know how to leverage. As a personal rule, I maintain a certain level of liquidity by having cash reserves that are more than a year's expenses. This acts as a buffer even if my properties go untenanted.

Q Moneywise, what were your growing-up years like?

I come from an average family and I have a younger sister. My mother was a housewife. My father was a police officer and his take- home income was on average $850 a month.

We lived in a three-room HDB flat in Ang Mo Kio for the first 30 years of my life. My dad was a gambler and we had to struggle when we were young. Sometimes, we had loan sharks visiting our flat.

I told myself that I must learn to be wise with money.

I paid my way through university by taking a study loan and giving tuition. My parents now live with me. My sister is married and in Ohio, in the United States.

Q How did you get interested in investing?

When I was 21, I realised that I really loved investing. So I cultivated it by studying technical and fundamental analyses of stocks from books and later by attending many courses.

I have spent about $200,000 on my personal development, learning about business and investments. This includes a 'Money and You' programme conducted by the Excellerated Business School in Malaysia, and leadership programmes by success coaches Anthony Robbins, John C. Maxwell and Robert Kiyosaki in Singapore. These programmes have paid me huge dividends.

For real estate, I invest across the different property classes. The reason I invested quite substantially in industrial properties recently is that it is a less understood and undervalued asset class with good growth potential.

The rental yield is easily twice that of the residential sector and I tend to be able to secure leases that are more long-term.

Q What properties do you own?

I realised from attending the personal development courses that property is one of the best ways for an average person to accumulate great wealth.

I own a terrace house at Jalan Kayu; an HDB flat near Jurong Point; five units of TradeHub 21 light industrial property in Boon Lay Way; two light industrial units of Northpoint Bizhub; a 1,600 sq ft HDB shophouse in Yishun; and two units of Midview City light industrial property at Sin Ming.

My overseas property investments include two office units at Bangsar in Kuala Lumpur; six condos in KL; a condo in Penang; 19 properties (including freehold carparks and student accommodation) in the Philippines; one property in Melbourne; and seven properties in Britain. I also have five pieces of land in Hong Kong, the US and Britain.

Q What's the most extravagant thing you have bought?

My hubby and I bought a white Porsche Boxster for more than $250,000 in August to celebrate my 40th birthday and my achievements so far.

Q What's your retirement plan?

I don't intend to fully retire, I think it will be very boring.

I want to continue doing what I'm currently doing for the rest of my life as it is more meaningful to be able to add value to people's lives.

I believe Joey and I will need about $10,000 a month in our golden years. By then, everything would have been paid off.

Currently, just the rental from four properties is more than enough to pay for the monthly instalments for my landed property, Porsche and BMW.

Q Home is now...

A 3,300 sq ft, 31/2-storey terrace house at Jalan Kayu. The land area is 1,630 sq ft. We bought the property brand new in March last year for $1.5 million and it is now valued at more than $2 million.

Q I drive...

A white Porsche Boxster and a silver BMW 318.

[email protected]

azeoprop
09-12-10, 00:05
Hrmm...investing in industrial properties having better rental yield. Any comments on this?

I've notice Soildbuild is also going towards this trend of doing more industrial properties than residential. :beats-me-man:

kingkong1984
09-12-10, 06:55
In every game there are winners and losers. Know the rules and gain. These success stories are like gambling winners. 10 players, 9 losers. She was almost bankrupt right?
In every game, if you have good coach, you stand a higher chance of success.

Lord Anus
09-12-10, 09:46
In every game there are winners and losers. Know the rules and gain. These success stories are like gambling winners. 10 players, 9 losers. She was almost bankrupt right?
In every game, if you have good coach, you stand a higher chance of success.

So? You a winner? Or loser? Or coach?

Lord Anus
09-12-10, 09:47
Hrmm...investing in industrial properties having better rental yield. Any comments on this?

I've notice Soildbuild is also going towards this trend of doing more industrial properties than residential. :beats-me-man:

Then how come cdl and far east, two of the biggest, don't?

cheongster
09-12-10, 14:02
nay....he is just someone who post alot in the forum.:cool:

cheongster
09-12-10, 14:04
Cos for developer's game...they earn more from residential and retail complex.
We are on the buyer's side...they the Big Developers. :/

kingkong1984
09-12-10, 14:35

I think I am the biggest loser here if not for cheongster. haha. :doh:

sh
09-12-10, 16:34

Who say cdl and far east not in industrial properties?

http://www.fareast.com.sg/FEOCorp.Web/index.aspx?page=industrial

http://www.cdl.com.sg/app/cdl/commercial/industrial.xml

They got finger in every pie......

richwang
12-12-10, 20:17
Can anyone suggest some areas for potential clinics?
For comercial, do I still need to stick to FH? ... or some LH is good investment as well?

Thankis,
Richard

richwang
12-12-10, 20:22
By the way, the lady only owns 10 properties. The other 40+ properties are not paid up. She only has 1 year buffer. And we know a property down turn can easily last for much longer than 1 year. From risk management point of view, she might be over leveraged. Let's hope she has learnt her less from 11 years ago. Otherwise she may not survive the next 11 years market.

Good luck!
Richard

alamak
13-12-10, 08:46
By the way, the lady only owns 10 properties. The other 40+ properties are not paid up. She only has 1 year buffer. And we know a property down turn can easily last for much longer than 1 year. From risk management point of view, she might be over leveraged. Let's hope she has learnt her less from 11 years ago. Otherwise she may not survive the next 11 years market.

Good luck!
Richard

40 + PROPERTIES are liabilities and Debt who say she owe 53 properties in first place !!. This kind of business model is like playing russian roulette..Anytime the gun may fired a real bullet right thru the brain .. bursting every brain juice and white matter..

18 months back at the peak of global financial meltdown, she was having cold sweats every nite

devilplate
13-12-10, 09:26
40 + PROPERTIES are liabilities and Debt who say she owe 53 properties in first place !!. This kind of business model is like playing russian roulette..Anytime the gun may fired a real bullet right thru the brain .. bursting every brain juice and white matter..

18 months back at the peak of global financial meltdown, she was having cold sweats every nite

i was told Robert Kiyosaki owns 1k++ ppty worldwide......how true i duno

alamak
13-12-10, 09:35
i was told Robert Kiyosaki owns 1k++ ppty worldwide......how true i duno

Robert Kiyosaki probaly earn more from telling pple the "how and why" he probably owe 1K++ properties just like Wendy Kwek is telling you the same story ...:)

teddybear
13-12-10, 19:22
Industrial properties have very little capital appreciation to talk of. The yield at 6% is pathetic if without capital appreciation potential. Might as well put the cash in shares can get better return.

mcmlxxvi
14-12-10, 21:20

When i read her story, i admire her for her guts, but at the same time i have a picture bubble of 'dominoes waiting to fall' pop up...

Regulators
15-12-10, 14:06
all these people advertise to get people to attend their talks about owning multiple properties with little or no money, ultimately they make you sign up for their expensive property talks costing more than $2k per person and later tell all the participants to entrust their money with them for them to help you invest. I think a relative of mine attended and a certain speaker said she was able to negotiate good deals with developers to get good discounts blar blar blar. from each talk, she is able to earn enough to put a down payment for a private property for herself. when participants pool money to buy property under her, she gets a chunk of the profits by putting in little herself and absorbing as little risk as possible. I do not think developers really care two hoots about who these people are so IMO, they are selling bullcrap and a dream to people and nothing more

patricia
15-12-10, 15:19
all these people advertise to get people to attend their talks about owning multiple properties with little or no money, ultimately they make you sign up for their expensive property talks costing more than $2k per person and later tell all the participants to entrust their money with them for them to help you invest. I think a relative of mine attended and a certain speaker said she was able to negotiate good deals with developers to get good discounts blar blar blar. from each talk, she is able to earn enough to put a down payment for a private property for herself. when participants pool money to buy property under her, she gets a chunk of the profits by putting in little herself and absorbing as little risk as possible. I do not think developers really care two hoots about who these people are so IMO, they are selling bullcrap and a dream to people and nothing moreIt is stupid to pay to attend talk on how to make more money. The speaker is normally not sincere to teach you. They are more interest in the fee they charge you and how to further rip you off.

mantrix
15-12-10, 20:31
Her style is similar to Robert Kiyosaki - marketing herself well to con(vince) those noobs and wannabes. I don't for a second believe her when she says her main income comes from her investments - as the above forumnites pointed out she makes a lot from each seminar.

Hence need to use porsche and bmws and terrace to impress - a real investor with truly that many properties will leave in a landed with a much bigger land area. Her stress on her cars really begs for attention for noobies who will pay a few k for her enlightening seminars...

bargain hunter
15-12-10, 23:06
and her terrace is at jalan kayu. one of the really ulu places which cannot even claim to be near Greenwich.

Her style is similar to Robert Kiyosaki - marketing herself well to con(vince) those noobs and wannabes. I don't for a second believe her when she says her main income comes from her investments - as the above forumnites pointed out she makes a lot from each seminar.

Hence need to use porsche and bmws and terrace to impress - a real investor with truly that many properties will leave in a landed with a much bigger land area. Her stress on her cars really begs for attention for noobies who will pay a few k for her enlightening seminars...

Regulators
15-12-10, 23:16
i can't stand these assholes that charge ridiculous fees by the thousands, spending half the time bragging about how much they make and where they live. these useless speakers are profiting both ways. they earn thousands from simply giving their useless seminars and they act as some fund manager to manage people's fund's to invest in property (of course always taking the bigger slice from it but putting in little of their money).

Royston8H
19-01-14, 09:58
There is nothing wrong for Wendy Kwek to run events/seminar business promoting property investment strategies and deals while doing property investment. That's entrepreneurship and the dare to take business risks. There is nothing wrong to own properties and running businesses.

The question is does such investment seminar helps to improve finance education to many Singaporeans who are still running rat race day and night and if such trust from her students can be consistently proven over so many years. Out there, there are so many hypes...i kanna some failed ones too.

Be frank, i am one of Wendy Kwek's students who attended her property riches seminar sometime back. Personally, i have benefited with an improvement knowledge and expanded my portfolio not only in singapore. I am grateful to her and other popular mentors.

Whether it is Robert or T Harv, they are also great mentors. I learnt to bless the rich people and feel happy for them to foster positive thoughts in mind too. :)

Simi
20-01-14, 14:14
http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/Story/STIStory_610570.html

Q What's the most extravagant thing you have bought?

My hubby and I bought a white Porsche Boxster for more than $250,000 in August to celebrate my 40th birthday and my achievements so far.

[email protected]

Just a very basic model at S$250k

where got fun ?

must add in the Options then can feel the REAL thing :doh::doh:

Royston8H
20-01-14, 20:46
haha, u will be surprised sometimes multi-millionaires are more stingy.

One example is warren buffet...look at where he stay...still the same old house decades ago. what car he is driving now? Caddy DTS which worth $42k or so.

Another recent millionaire who ran a successful mortgage broker business passed away late last year, Dennis Ng. What car did he drive? According to his book, he said

BMW: bus mrt walk

If i own the same no of properties (> 100 properties) like Wendy Kwek (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/wendy-kwek/), a porsche boxster is still good for me. Why? I can enjoy driving a really good car and channel any more surplus to roll into the next 100 properties. :cheers6:

DC33_2008
20-01-14, 20:50
You should ask her what does she means owning 100 properties. Is solely own by her or collectively? There is quite a lot such people own units by consolidating money to buy whole block? Of course overseas properties.

One example is warren buffet...look at where he stay...still the same old house decades ago. what car he is driving now? Caddy DTS which worth $42k or so.

Another recent millionaire who ran a successful mortgage broker business passed away late last year, Dennis Ng. What car did he drive? According to his book, he said

If i own the same no of properties (> 100 properties) like Wendy Kwek (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/wendy-kwek/), a porsche boxster is still good for me. Why? I can enjoy driving a really good car and channel any more surplus to roll into the next 100 properties. :cheers6:

Simi
20-01-14, 20:55

am surprise indeed

driving a very basic Porsche Boxster S

hahaha, used to tell my son

Not everyone that wear a Speedo knows how to swim :scared-1:

akin to, not everyone that drive a sport car knows how to drive one :)

Royston8H
20-01-14, 21:08
You sound like you are driving a very luxurious car....good for you. you have my blessing.

May i know which model do you drive?

Actually, i don't really care who drive what car. I am just trying to say each have his/her own preference. The extreme like Dennis Ng was quoted earlier which you might know him. Nothing wrong to drive his "BMW".

:)

am surprise indeed

driving a very basic Porsche Boxster S

hahaha, used to tell my son

Not everyone that wear a Speedo knows how to swim :scared-1:

akin to, not everyone that drive a sport car knows how to drive one :)

Simi
20-01-14, 21:12
You sound like you are driving a very luxurious car....good for you. you have my blessing.

May i know which model do you drive?

Actually, i don't really care who drive what car. I am just trying to say each have his/her own preference. The extreme like Dennis Ng was quoted earlier which you might know him. Nothing wrong to drive his "BMW".

:)

Yes I know him...in fact passed away a 2 ~ 3 years ago
definitely not last year

I also BMW but a real one :)

Royston8H
20-01-14, 21:16
Looking at this thread, it was actually started with an SPH article by the reporter back in 2010. http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/S...ry_610570.html

SPH reporter might have already validated her ownership before that article was published at that time. It is not a surprise to own from 53 at that time to over 100 now as per her late 2013 claim. But what she impressed me was to own from bad debt to 53 units in just a few years. :rolleyes:

You should ask her what does she means owning 100 properties. Is solely own by her or collectively? There is quite a lot such people own units by consolidating money to buy whole block? Of course overseas properties.

Royston8H
20-01-14, 21:19
I might be wrong when he exactly passed away...but i did by pass his wealth direction office in park mall sometimes in last sept 2013.

Blessed you. A real BMW is good!

Yes I know him...in fact passed away a 2 ~ 3 years ago
definitely not last year

I also BMW but a real one :)

Simi
20-01-14, 21:21
Looking at this thread, it was actually started with an SPH article by the reporter back in 2010. http://www.straitstimes.com/Invest/S...ry_610570.html

SPH reporter might have already validated her ownership before that article was published at that time. It is not a surprise to own from 53 at that time to over 100 now as per her late 2013 claim. But what she impressed me was to own from bad debt to 53 units in just a few years. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's a very impressive record using a lot of leverages

but what really impress me is that 10 of them fully paid and that was in 2010 and by now probably many more fully paid up.

Simi
20-01-14, 21:42
I might be wrong when he exactly passed away...but i did by pass his wealth direction office in park mall sometimes in last sept 2013.

Blessed you. A real BMW is good!

Did a search

He passed away 26th July 2012

Last met him was in one of those SMF dinner
Knew his brother too, Andy Ng

Royston8H
20-01-14, 21:54
Actually, i was quite impressed by Dennis in his view of money mgt though i think that he need not own his type "BMW".

Got to know him when i took a mortgage loan package from his company. A surprise parcel with his written book was sent to me after that. Quite good marketing and service.

Royston8H
20-01-14, 21:57
Yo, the more impressive part is that Orchid hotel ground floor unit which Wendy bought it at $3000psf and sold it at $5000psf in weeks.

Everytime i past orchid hotel, i will recall this deal. MTL at the right time.

Yes, that's a very impressive record using a lot of leverages

but what really impress me is that 10 of them fully paid and that was in 2010 and by now probably many more fully paid up.

leesg123
20-01-14, 22:40
If I buy suntec reits, areits, kreits, can I also say I own more than 20 prime office blocks?

Royston8H
20-01-14, 22:51
Reits are different from property investment and i dont think the no of unit shares in reits (regardless of what reits) tie to the no of building blocks. The article mentioned the no of properties she owned...

If I buy suntec reits, areits, kreits, can I also say I own more than 20 prime office blocks?

Royston8H
29-01-14, 21:04
Wendy Kwek's property riches program (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com) might be one of the largest in singapore. Check it out for those who are keen to pursue property investment education

proud owner
30-01-14, 00:45
Wendy Kwek's property riches program (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com) might be one of the largest in singapore. Check it out for those who are keen to pursue property investment education

you have attended the program right ?

does that mean within 6 mths you will own some 3 to 4 properties ?

Royston8H
30-01-14, 08:04
Yes, few yrs back.

I benefitted from this property riches program from wendy kwek. I only think whether I can mk more money than before I joined the program. Whether it is on co-own or individual units (residential/commercial) , local or overseas, it is up to wk investors to consider. At least co-own opportunity is hassle free n comfortable to those with lighter pockets. It helps average singaporeans like us to invest like the rich.

Many might benefit from the wk deals too.

http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/testimonial/

leesg123
30-01-14, 08:16
another MLM huh? :tsk-tsk:

Royston8H
30-01-14, 08:54
Mlm? Nothing close lah. All about property investment n get better deals under wk network.

Any form of investment is risky especially you are on your own using your own judgement to buy at retail showflats. Need to leverage on a like minded network to minimise all these risks n fostering +ve thoughts. No point sitting outside the fence really.

another MLM huh? :tsk-tsk:

DC33_2008
30-01-14, 08:58
These speaker will leverage by first making $ from the course, follow by cut from lawyers with closure of deals from their students, leveraging from students' money. It can be a win-win deal but they make more. It is alright as long as students know it. :D

Royston8H
30-01-14, 09:34
This is no different by doing our own to engage agent n lawyer. I have never heard of anyone buying or co own a property without incurring any cost. If it is direct via developer, it is already factored in the s&p price.

Everyone needs to make money. We cant just think we will make 100% n into our own pockets. I only care if I can make more money than before while minimise my risks in investment while improving my knowledge with those people I am comfortable with. Win win rather than just based on only own judgement.

I bought my first private at my late 20s, I count myself lucky enough that my first judgement was a good one. But it cant be everytime that lucky. It can be better for me now in 40s.

DC33_2008
30-01-14, 09:40
As I said earlier that no problem when people invest with full knowledge of it. Things can turn ugly when there are problems. It is natural that some people along the way have to make money. The question is the % return:D.
This is no different by doing our own to engage agent n lawyer. I have never heard of anyone buying or co own a property without incurring any cost. If it is direct via developer, it is already factored in the s&p price.

Everyone needs to make money. We cant just think we will make 100% n into our own pockets. I only care if I can make more money than before while minimise my risks in investment while improving my knowledge with those people I am comfortable with. Win win rather than just based on only own judgement.

I bought my first private at my late 20s, I count myself lucky enough that my first judgement was a good one. But it cant be everytime that lucky. It can be better for me now in 40s.

Royston8H
30-01-14, 10:01
Fully agreed. Lets hope this 2014 will be a stable n good year to start with.

DC33_2008
30-01-14, 10:23
I guess tt will be a galloping year of the Horse going up and downhill. See what happen to the Stock market indices, China's PMI, Contagion of EM currency, etc.
Fully agreed. Lets hope this 2014 will be a stable n good year to start with.

Royston8H
30-01-14, 10:30
Yup. Plus the next federal move of QE3 n hope thailand situation can be contained.

DC33_2008
30-01-14, 10:36
I believe we are about the same age and started at about the same time. :D

Royston8H
31-01-14, 20:41
I just noted that Wendy Kwek has made another milestone in 2014.

Property Riches Program (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com) which is organised by her WK Events Pte Ltd has received the Asia Pacific Brands Award 2014.

http://i0.wp.com/www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Asia-Pacific-Brand-Award-2014.jpg

If she is the only winner in the property riches program, then i dont think she can gather so much support from her wk members and recognition from the industry.

minority
01-02-14, 06:59
Just like the wolf of Wall Street. Made millions then had a down fall. Now com back with a book n as a inspirational speaker.

minority
01-02-14, 07:04
When i read her story, i admire her for her guts, but at the same time i have a picture bubble of 'dominoes waiting to fall' pop up...

Well who dares win. And winners are those who dare to lose .

minority
01-02-14, 07:06

We'll always take such seminars with a pinch of salt. Like the saying goes. Those who can do. Those who can't teach.

Royston8H
02-02-14, 06:08
Perhaps I just to share some insights about Wendy Kwek's CNY 2014 investor gathering (to only WK investment network) which i attended in one of her recent sessions.

http://i1.wp.com/www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Happy-Chinese-New-Year-2014.jpg

It was through this valuable meeting that we know bank loans are getting much tougher, the outlook in 2014 and her current investment portfolio.

tradert
02-02-14, 09:58
I didn't have the time to go down and eat buffet and collect $20 red packet, so i spoke to someone who attended, and got the gist of it in 5 minutes.

Royston8H
02-02-14, 17:29
Got a few am n pm sessions due to too large the crowd size, tradert.
Glad to have someone here from wk jnvestment network.

Wendy had announced collaboration with another uk developer for undervalued properties during that day too. U might want to check with wk team if keen.

I didn't have the time to go down and eat buffet and collect $20 red packet, so i spoke to someone who attended, and got the gist of it in 5 minutes.

proud owner
02-02-14, 23:23
Got a few am n pm sessions due to too large the crowd size, tradert.
Glad to have someone here from wk jnvestment network.

Wendy had announced collaboration with another uk developer for undervalued properties during that day too. U might want to check with wk team if keen.

hi Bro roy

I think banks have tightened its housing loan since 2009 ... just not so clear cut then ...

I mentioned in another thread.. there are abundant cash in the system ..
if there were no stricter measures, banks would have loved to loan as much as possible ... but MAS doesn't want banks to increase their housing loan portfolio any larger than they already are. ...

but it has been getting tougher since 2009.

as for KW ... I understand she is but one of the several of such "foreign property" sales entities...

where they tie up with a foreign developer to raise funds here in Singapore, with a HIGH yield...

if you have attended other such investments, you will know that KW is one of the smallest

although this scheme has been around for a couple of years .. there are still many skeptics ... and many still prefer Physical properties ...

just like buyers still prefer to be able to touch and feel a showflat ..as oppose to seeing 'virtual display'..

but I am seeing an increasing number of investors going this route ... especially now, with all the CM's ... its almost impossible for the average Joe to find any value buys ... or any that the money they have , can buy ..

Royston8H
03-02-14, 00:08
Certainly, but it should be starting from aug 2010 instead when gov measures just kicked in. From apr 2009, it was the reversal of property cycle. Housing loan tightening would not happen in 2009 or otherwise there would'nt be a property boom at that time.

I will also prefer physical properties with capital appreciation and rental yield. Those who invested with WK in 2009/2010 for local residential and commercial properties will understand what i meant. This was more trilling and rewarding to invest in 2009.

But alternate investment or crowdfunding (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/crowdfunding/) may be a better option now at this current peak of property cycle or what another property guru said as late bull stage to early bear stage.

The question is how high is the return from alternate investment (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/crowdfunding/) you want vs how comfortable you are or how secured is the investment with local support.

As for me, i do invest on a small part of my portfolio in some super high returns e.g. oil boom property projects but those are considerably at a higher risks.

hi Bro roy

I think banks have tightened its housing loan since 2009 ... just not so clear cut then ...

if there were no stricter measures, banks would have loved to loan as much as possible ... but MAS doesn't want banks to increase their housing loan portfolio any larger than they already are. ...

as for KW ... I understand she is but one of the several of such "foreign property" sales entities...

where they tie up with a foreign developer to raise funds here in Singapore, with a HIGH yield...

if you have attended other such investments, you will know that KW is one of the smallest

although this scheme has been around for a couple of years .. there are still many skeptics ... and many still prefer Physical properties ...

just like buyers still prefer to be able to touch and feel a showflat ..as oppose to seeing 'virtual display'..

but I am seeing an increasing number of investors going this route ... especially now, with all the CM's ... its almost impossible for the average Joe to find any value buys ... or any that the money they have , can buy ..

Singleton
03-02-14, 07:23
Certainly, but it should be starting from aug 2010 instead when gov measures just kicked in. From apr 2009, it was the reversal of property cycle. Housing loan tightening would not happen in 2009 or otherwise there would'nt be a property boom at that time.

I will also prefer physical properties with capital appreciation and rental yield. Those who invested with WK in 2009/2010 for local residential and commercial properties will understand what i meant. This was more trilling and rewarding to invest in 2009.

But alternate investment or crowdfunding (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/crowdfunding/) may be a better option now at this current peak of property cycle or what another property guru said as late bull stage to early bear stage.

The question is how high is the return from alternate investment (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/crowdfunding/) you want vs how comfortable you are or how secured is the investment with local support.

As for me, i do invest on a small part of my portfolio in some super high returns e.g. oil boom property projects but those are considerably at a higher risks.

For those of us with no idea what is alternate investment or crowdfunding, could u summarise in a few sentences what this entails. Timeshare?
Typically what is the amount involved and over what horizon are the returns and potential legal problems involved if one has to back out halfway. Thanks

DC33_2008
03-02-14, 07:27
This is just another form of leveraging. It be certainly viable in good times. What happen if things turn bad?

Royston8H
03-02-14, 17:21
Not timeshare. In simpler meaning, you put in a min sum of money say $10k per lot to fund a property development. Developer will assure u x% return per annum for a short 1-3 yrs locked in period. Profit Payout usually by end of each yr n plus capital payback by end of locked in period.

Potential legal considerations in case if developers are unable to complete the project in time. Therefore, need to have proper legal agreement to protect investor rights.

For those of us with no idea what is alternate investment or crowdfunding, could u summarise in a few sentences what this entails. Timeshare?
Typically what is the amount involved and over what horizon are the returns and potential legal problems involved if one has to back out halfway. Thanks

Royston8H
03-02-14, 17:24
Hmm more like making your money grow faster than the usual rental yield rate or fixed deposit or bonds. No leverage component , nothing close to leveraging like cfd or forex.

This is just another form of leveraging. It be certainly viable in good times. What happen if things turn bad?

DC33_2008
03-02-14, 17:35
I am more conservative. My bamker has asked me to go for pdt that allows leveraging for 5 -8 times. Just not my cup of tea.
Hmm more like making your money grow faster than the usual rental yield rate or fixed deposit or bonds. No leverage component , nothing close to leveraging like cfd or forex.

minority
03-02-14, 18:21

if things goes bad. it would be like those gold bullion sellers who promised 24% interest and buy back?

proud owner
03-02-14, 18:31
if things goes bad. it would be like those gold bullion sellers who promised 24% interest and buy back?

I went thru KW's website ... watched the video ...

except for 1 housewife ... the rest were some 'WHO's WHO" ... CEO , HR manager , etc etc ...

they can well afford some 100 to 500k investments... so far they must have been lucky that these investments actually paid out some 20ish pct ..

think about it .. what can you buy (property) now with 100 to 500k ? and can still get 20 pct return in 2 yr ?

current property mkt situation is such that there's no more MEAT .. and such alternative investment has proven to be a good alternative ...

there is no 100 pct guarantee as with all investment ... they are carry some level of risk...

minority
03-02-14, 19:07
I went thru KW's website ... watched the video ...

except for 1 housewife ... the rest were some 'WHO's WHO" ... CEO , HR manager , etc etc ...

they can well afford some 100 to 500k investments... so far they must have been lucky that these investments actually paid out some 20ish pct ..

think about it .. what can you buy (property) now with 100 to 500k ? and can still get 20 pct return in 2 yr ?

current property mkt situation is such that there's no more MEAT .. and such alternative investment has proven to be a good alternative ...

there is no 100 pct guarantee as with all investment ... they are carry some level of risk...

500K for 20% return... don't feel its worth the risk..

proud owner
03-02-14, 19:10

that's what I said... in the video ...there were CEOs etc etc

chiaberry
03-02-14, 19:34
When the returns seem too good to be true, they are usually too good to be true. But if you can spare the $$$ and have the stomach for the risk, you can take the punt. It also depends on your stage in life and whether you have enough time to make back the $$$ should the investment go bad.

teddybear
03-02-14, 20:25
There are many such "time-share" companies now, and what the investors own is just a piece of paper from a non-reputable pte ltd. If you want to own property, better own it in your own names! Nevertheless, all those CMs is making it very different for individuals to own properties in their own names and are thus pushing these people to these "time-share" companies (ops, should be "property-share" companies but really there is little difference between the 2 is it?) :beats-me-man:

I suppose this is enough to enlighten those who can be enlightened.................. :o

hi Bro roy

Royston8H
03-02-14, 20:25
Anything can go wrong regardless of the type of investments. I won't go for mlm, CFDs, forex, timeshare, gold/silver commodity speculations and other HYIP (high yield investment program) types of ponzi schemes.

haha... i tried some many years back and learnt my lessons too. I am equally as risk averse as DC33 too.

The question is how to grow money safely at this time when local private investment is no longer viable since aug 2010. And how to invest in physical properties in bad times by using the money accumulated during good times.

I only started to invest alternative investment to fund rounds of German property co- development projects after this concept was proven in many rounds within WK investment network. i.e. investors are able to get back their 12-14% annual returns timely projects after projects. Probably it is the 14th round without any single delay in profit and exit payouts. I don't think this is something new in the market. It has been there for several years already.
See Dolphin Capital GmbH (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/dolphin-capital-gmbh-review/) Review by SIAS.

Even in the worse case if the whole co development project flops or failed to complete, we have local team to get the first right to the uncomplete/completed properties. If the project delays the payout, there will be late payment interest to investors too.

On the other hand, i do agree with some of you that my interest still lies in physical properties ownership. It is not that exciting though but to me, it is no brainer investment just to make sure my money grows harder during this good times.

Royston8H
06-02-14, 07:27
500k cash downpayment is king to get a decent n good value property when the property market is rocked bottom but it is risky to buy n own property at the dipping from the current peak.

If u have 500k cash now, what will u buy?

Stocks? STI dipping below 3000. Short it?
Reit? 7% return but with a dipping price now?
Bonds? Wats e return per yr? Can beat inflation?
Forex? U jus need one killer instinct to wipe it off cleanly
FD?
Buy a property now n hoping for capital appreciation n rental yield?

If I take an assured 12% pa return of such Uk SIPP approved or cpf approved equivalent german co development project for 2 yrs locked in as an example,

500k × 0.12 ×2 = 120k profit (other bonus put aside) equivalent to double of an avg worker annual pay?

I wrote a review here at http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/dolphin-capital-gmbh-review becos I love the timely payout for many rounds of such projects n I dont just talk without yrs of such investing experience. I wont worry if it is risky. I just think when it is the right to re enter private property market with confidence.

Above is with respect from current mkt situation. There will be plenty of investment opportunities in other times.

Royston8H
13-02-14, 22:11
CEOs themselves are just businessmen....but there are many other average singaporeans do invest as well. I am one of them and i am not CEO persay.

that's what I said... in the video ...there were CEOs etc etc

Royston8H
08-03-14, 21:29
Wendy Kwek will be having an investment project briefing on 13 March, 12pm and 7pm.

Project : Spectrum Sheffield By Pinnacle MG

Type : UK Student Accommodation (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/uk-student-accommodation-investment/)

Amount : ~56k GBP per unit

Returns : 8% per annum Assured Rental Returns over 5 years.

Buffet will be provided after presentation by Wendy & Developer.

More info to be shared as per link :
UK Student Accommodation (http://www.propertyrichesprogram.com/blog/uk-student-accommodation-investment/) Investment Briefing.